PDA

View Full Version : Reznor lyric quotes, what do they mean to you?

InvitingmeAway
08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Post any lyrics from Trent Reznor here and explain how they make you feel! "It's something I have to do I was there, too Before everything else I WAS LIKE YOU" The Fragile-The Fragile I was listening to this early one morning...around 3. I couldn't sleep because my head was a mess with thoughts about shit going at the time. When he screamed that I felt less helpless and I thought he was actually talking to me. I cried pretty good as well.

tony.parente
08-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I like it when he talks about how his head is on a spring-ah.

eversonpoe
08-22-2013, 12:09 PM

i always thought it was "i got my hands free"

guess i didn't look too closely at my WT lyric poster...

EndlessLoveless
08-22-2013, 12:22 PM

i like when he talks about his arms being all flip flop flip fliop flip

tony.parente
08-22-2013, 12:30 PM
i like when he talks about his arms being all flip flop flip fliop flip

Also, when he talks about his net that he drags behind him.

Love it.

<3

EndlessLoveless
08-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day...

hani
08-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day...

do do do do do do do-do-do do do do do do do do-do-do-do

sheepdean
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I actually really quite like his lyrics, I use to run a thing that posted them every day - http://twitter.com/ninquotes

OSLIN
08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Na Na Na Na Na Na

Makes me feel like he's mocking me. I swear if you listen closely you can hear a black woman softly singing,"stick your head in doo doo".
I feel like I'm five on the playground again.

EndlessLoveless
08-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Fuck i just posted this in the wrong thread- i made the same stupid joke in both and got them mixed up-my bad...anyways.....copy.....paste.....

But if i have to be serious about this question, the song that speaks to me the most is the line begins to blur. Every word. The uncertainty and paranoia...its fucking haunting listening to it now, knowing where i was in my life when i heard it. And that crushing drum and bass...just perfect. Fav nin song.

Also, and all that could have been speaks to me, on a whole other level.

allegro
08-22-2013, 03:11 PM
"This isn't meant to last; this is for right now."

Oh boy I used to relate to that!!

InvitingmeAway
08-22-2013, 03:20 PM
"Hey God, I really don't know what you mean Seems like salvation comes only in our dreams I think my hatred grow all the more extreme Hey God, Can this world really be as sad as it seems" I feel that anger so much now. Once you weed out all the bs.

Thor
08-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Post any lyrics from Trent Reznor here and explain how they make you feel! "It's something I have to do I was there, too Before everything else I WAS LIKE YOU" The Fragile-The Fragile I was listening to this early one morning...around 3. I couldn't sleep because my head was a mess with thoughts about shit going at the time. When he screamed that I felt less helpless and I thought he was actually talking to me. I cried pretty good as well.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/288/7/a/i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

whiskeyboy
08-22-2013, 07:57 PM
the second verse of Copy of A really sticks out to me as of late. I've been going through some shit, and while the names and faces are different, they remind me of the stories I heard as a child of how my parents interacted with each other, how they approached work. As new of a NIN song as it is, it's rapidly becoming my favorite. demfeels.jpg

TheRealNs1
08-22-2013, 08:00 PM
"This isn't meant to last; this is for right now."

Oh boy I used to relate to that!!

I've been listening to that track a lot lately. Esp love

I know it's all getting away and it comes to me as no surprise
I know what's coming to me is never going to arrive

pigpen
08-22-2013, 08:45 PM
I remember listening to the Still version of SICNH, after just being essentially dumped and the line "You make this all go away"
made me so upset, because at that moment it was like it had two meanings for me...
Me telling the girl that she made "This"(my lonelies) all go away
and in another way, it was like an imperative statement... like, "HEY, YEAH YOU, FUCKING MAKE THIS GO AWAY!"

But yeah, I remember remaining completely silent throughout that entire work day, fighting the urge to just completely break down,
knowing full well that I intended to go home, put still on with headphones and fucking CRY! I did that, and it was awesome.

MrSlfDstruct
08-22-2013, 09:17 PM
"It's something I have to do I was there, too Before everything else I WAS LIKE YOU" The Fragile-The Fragile

This is my favorite NIN lyric. I was with a girl who was in a pretty bad place at the time, and I was kind of coming out of my own bad place. I remember sitting on the floor of her bedroom reading through the lyrics before I had the opportunity to listen to the song, and that line stuck out. Plus, just how it's printed in the booklet, I WAS LIKE YOU, in a slightly different font, was a real punch in the gut. I put the album in right then as I HAD to listen to the song, and the delivery of that final line is PERFECT. Most of the time when I listen to it to this day I rewind the end a couple of times.

InvitingmeAway
08-22-2013, 09:24 PM
This is my favorite NIN lyric. I was with a girl who was in a pretty bad place at the time, and I was kind of coming out of my own bad place. I remember sitting on the floor of her bedroom reading through the lyrics before I had the opportunity to listen to the song, and that line stuck out. Plus, just how it's printed in the booklet, I WAS LIKE YOU, in a slightly different font, was a real punch in the gut. I put the album in right then as I HAD to listen to the song, and the delivery of that final line is PERFECT. Most of the time when I listen to it to this day I rewind the end a couple of times. I just got out of a relationship with a girl that couldn't deal with me cause of all the shit I have going on. I feel like such a burden to those around me but I feel less alone now that I listen to that song. I really never experienced such a direct connection with music before this. Thanks for posting btw. I hope you are in a better position now.

InvitingmeAway
08-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I remember listening to the Still version of SICNH, after just being essentially dumped and the line "You make this all go away" made me so upset, because at that moment it was like it had two meanings for me... Me telling the girl that she made "This"(my lonelies) all go away and in another way, it was like an imperative statement... like, "HEY, YEAH YOU, FUCKING MAKE THIS GO AWAY!" But yeah, I remember remaining completely silent throughout that entire work day, fighting the urge to just completely break down, knowing full well that I intended to go home, put still on with headphones and fucking CRY! I did that, and it was awesome. I know where you are coming from. I am at that place right now. The "Come on tell me" get's me everytime....well....the entire song is a tearjerker. Thanks for posting

Krazy
08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Head on a spring. Arms flip-flop-flip-flop.

We need to pool together a TR bobble head ETS souvenir. They do that for like $100 or something- just need to get him into one of the scanning booths.

Theres also the TR painted peanut. Don't know if you can actually buy it though- will have to check on it.

pigpen
08-22-2013, 09:36 PM
I know where you are coming from. I am at that place right now. The "Come on tell me" get's me everytime....well....the entire song is a tearjerker. Thanks for posting
Yeah man, it's quite a cathartic experience to just give in sometimes you know? Let the music do the talking, it's one of the reasons nin is my favorite band.
It's easy to relate to and find comfort in TR's stuff when you're just out of relationships. It's fun, because you relate so much of what is being sung, that
you start to think Trent was there for the whole thing!
Same thing happens with Atmosphere for me, in fact When Life Gives You Lemons... helped me put so much of that failed relationship in perspective, it was
crazy.

Krazy
08-22-2013, 09:43 PM
I remember listening to the Still version of SICNH, after just being essentially dumped and the line "You make this all go away"
made me so upset, because at that moment it was like it had two meanings for me...
Me telling the girl that she made "This"(my lonelies) all go away
and in another way, it was like an imperative statement... like, "HEY, YEAH YOU, FUCKING MAKE THIS GO AWAY!"

But yeah, I remember remaining completely silent throughout that entire work day, fighting the urge to just completely break down,
knowing full well that I intended to go home, put still on with headphones and fucking CRY! I did that, and it was awesome.

Getting back to serious, I love TR's lyrics most of the time. SICNH is one of me faves. Do yourself this favor if you haven't already:

- Watch 'Natural Born Killers'
- Download 'SICNH' off that soundtrack (again, can't stress enough- the ST version and not original or Still) or play it if you already have it.

Amazing.

InvitingmeAway
08-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Yeah man, it's quite a cathartic experience to just give in sometimes you know? Let the music do the talking, it's one of the reasons nin is my favorite band. It's easy to relate to and find comfort in TR's stuff when you're just out of relationships. It's fun, because you relate so much of what is being sung, that you start to think Trent was there for the whole thing! Same thing happens with Atmosphere for me, in fact When Life Gives You Lemons... helped me put so much of that failed relationship in perspective, it was crazy. I know what you mean. You must have a better handle on that stuff than me. I just find myself clueless on what way to turn. Actually I revert to more agressive behavior to avoid sadness. But like you said, gotta give in sometimes.

jesus
08-22-2013, 09:48 PM
"you didnt hurt me, nothing can hurt me, nothing can stop me now" - I was so dependent of someone , when that person broked all what I thought and feel, I got TDS , this line have me crying for hours, but feeling Untouchable at the same time, I can relate so much to "Ruiner"

Halo Infinity
09-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I've figured that it's obviously no wonder why Trent Reznor felt like he was baring too much of his personal life when he released Pretty Hate Machine. Even the interpretations when applied to your personal life can also get too personal. So I thought I'd just sum it up succinctly with just the song titles.

Now I'm Nothing, Last, Gave Up - I've always had a hard time forgiving myself, and have dealt with shame and self-loathing for about as long as I can remember. That's what makes these songs so relatable.

Terrible Lie, Wish, Suck, Heresy, The Wretched - My own personal struggles dealing with organized religion. It helps me cope with the guilt and condemnation I've been subjected to, and the guilt and fear that I still sometimes experience from thinking about sin and Hell.

Hurt, The Great Below - My regrets and losses as life goes on, and even more-so with Hurt because you never know when people will simply die or leave you. It actually helps remind me to appreciate things and people while they're still around and not wait until you lose something to know what you had to start with. And all this along with trying to not be burden to others while trying to leave a positive impact and impression on the people near and dear to you.

Sanctified, Something I Can Never Have - My bouts with infatuation. As if I'd turn my life upside down for somebody, only to foolishly get myself stuck in an emotional rut. And yes, I see that Something I Can Never Have is a song about a break-up, and I'll admit that as dumb as it sounds, being rejected while being infatuated can actually feel like breaking up, especially when being forced to realize that it really is "something I can never have".

Every Day Is Exactly The Same - Aside from the mundane, redundant, constraining, and boring, I've sometimes come to associate this song with how boring and empty being single can get. Sometimes loneliness alone can give you the "Same shit. Different day." kind of vibe too.

slave2thewage
09-07-2013, 01:51 PM
Top 3:

"Keychains and snowglobes
The taste of your sweat"

"Someone take these dreams away
That point me to another day
A duel of personalities
That stretch all true reality"

"I need my treatment it's tomorrow they send me
Singing "I am an American"
Do you?"

How does one man come up with these?!

Halo Infinity
09-07-2013, 04:58 PM
How in the hell did I forget Down In It? :p

Down In It - The hubris of the earlier parts of my youth, especially during the second half of high school, right up there with my early 20s. I thought I knew more than I did, while always wanting to prove myself right, thinking I was special, fooling myself in spite of the insecurities I've always had. It was only a matter of time until the real world kicked my ass in long-run, hence me being "down in it" mentally and emotionally. It's pretty much why I find Down In It to be a hell of a lot more relatable to my late 20s as opposed to my late teens. And like other songs from NIN, Down In It actually reminds me to keep my ego in check.

And yeah, I suppose I'll stop right there for now, considering how this topic can get extremely personal as I've already mentioned. :confused:

Thor
09-07-2013, 08:55 PM
I used to relate to this one, it's one of my favourites, and also of the most painful I've heard:

Perfect little dream the kind that hurts the most
Forgot how it feels, well almost

Ryan
09-07-2013, 09:01 PM
"The tears of regret frozen to the side of his face."

Actually pretty much all of I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally - particularly given that it's about his late grandmother who raised him. So sad. Even the song title itself.

My grandmother did the same thing with me (alongside my parents, albeit not just her) but she died in 2004, exactly the day when nin.com updated with the bleed through typewriter font. I relate to that song a lot.

howdidislipinto
09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
In a couple of weeks it'll be the one year anniversary of my best friend committing suicide, so my feelings about the Beside You In Time lyrics have changed a lot. It means more and more every single time I hear it.

Volband
09-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Hurt: "But that song in particular really speaks to me. Lyrically it's a song that is very intense and has painful lyrics. It's reflective of a place where I was at. When I recorded it, it was healing to get it out." - Leona Lewis.

I doubt she has time to post here, so I helped her out. For me, Hurt never really did much aside from setting up that sad mood.

Terrible Lie on the other hand could be my anthem. I can't stand injustice at all, and I am angry at "higher powers" (not God, I don't believe in him, he's just a metaphor for me in that song) crushing me down. You know, things you can't choose and/or have no control of, leaving you bitter and furious. Seriously, the whole song speaks to me lyrically, it's not just an "omg, dis song so angry, im angry 2, dis is mah song!", every line speaks to me, and I cringe on every word of it.

The Fragile is an interesting one for me. I can be really protective, and there was this girl I really liked (intentionally not using the word "love"), but she couldn't appreciate herself. She thought people are out to pick at her, and she doesn't want to be here, and she's no good for anything, etc. So I've been looking at this track - I was still pretty new to NIN - from my perspective, as me trying to protect and ecourage her, even if no one else understands her (I was young, 'kay?), and it's something I have to do. And there was this line I never understood: "She reads the minds of all the people as they pass her by", and then one day we were chatting about god knows what, and she said something along the lines of "You will think I'm stupid, but sometimes I feel like I know what others are thinking". Hooooly shit, but luckily I didn't get hit by lightning, and The Fragile became the first ever NIN track I translated to my language, sent it to the - I think now defunct - hungarian nin fanpage, and they accepted it. It's quite a dear song for me.

Now, I could go on, but I think it's more than enough for... this year. Seriously, it's not easy to talk about this, because these lyrics are usually straight to the point, and if you come forward stating "yeah, this is me", then you just basically get naked in front of everyone.

colletta
09-07-2013, 10:15 PM
In Somewhat Damaged​, the end is so brilliant.

in the back, off the side, far away
is a place where I hide where I stay
tried to say, tried to ask, I needed to
all alone, by myself, where were you?
how could I ever think it's funny how
everything they swore it wouldn't change is different now
just like you would always say we'll make it through
then my head fell apart and where were you?
how could I ever think it's funny how everything you swore would
never change is different now like you said you and me make it
through didn't quite fell apart where the fuck were you?

I think this is one of my favorite NIN rages. And, I think Somewhat Damaged is one of the best, less spoken of songs.

Yoshata
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Speaking of Somewhat Damaged, I'll take a piece of that one:

How could I ever think it's funny how
Everything you swore would never change
Is different now
Like you said, you and me
Make it through
Didn't quite, fell apart WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?

I have never felt those lyrics more in my life than in the past year and a half. Funny thing is, I haven't listened to the song in a long time...I have just heard that song in my head at points and realized I could relate to that song more than I have ever been able to.

Also, I have had these lyrics recurring in my head for the past couple days:

I don't mind
I'm okay
Nothing ever
Stays the same

Oh, I just love those lyrics...I feel like I can relate to them NOW, at this point in my life, usually after times where I feel the most negative. I think it's a way I'm choosing to look at things. It's just totally me right now.

nineismine
09-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Also, when he talks about his net that he drags behind him.

Love it.

<3

I bet every once in a while Trent browses these boards and thinks.... "God my fans are assholes"

Halo Infinity
09-13-2013, 08:30 PM
A little playful yet sort of serious one...

The Only Time - Whenever I get that high from having a crush. :p "Maybe I'm all messed up in that person", AND it really is sometimes "THE ONLY TIME I REALLY FEEL ALIVE". And well... who hasn't fantasized about their crushes? ;)

slave2thewage
09-13-2013, 08:40 PM
If you want to know, joking aside, this is my favourite passage Reznor has ever come out with:

"And did you ever really find
When you closed your eyes
Any place that was still
And at peace
And I guess I just wanted to tell you
As the light starts to fade
That you are the reason
That I am not afraid
And I guess I just wanted to mention
As the heavens will fall
We will be together soon if we
Will be anything at all"

FEELS.

Halo Infinity
09-20-2013, 10:13 AM
As for some actual lyrics. I'm finding The Big Come Down more relatable as I get older. It sucks so much emotionally, but thankfully The Big Come Down helps me cope with it. I interpret it as a square peg trying to fit in a world that's mostly consisting of round holes. (As the expression goes.) And it really is like some fucked up bullshit game when I really sit down to think of it. It's what I also get for not always being best friends with myself.

The Big Come Down - There is a game I play! Trying to make myself okay! Tried so hard to make the pieces all fit! Smash it apart, just for the fuck of it! Got to get back to the bottom! The Big come down, isn't that what you wanted? Find a place with the frail and forgotten!

I have felt like I just wanted to be forgotten, while having the feeling of being the lowest of the low. I could see why Trent would write a song like this while being a recluse. I also tried to put things together only to fuck them up later on. (It's a part of my All-or-Nothing personality.)

There is no place I can go. There is no place I can hide. It feels like it keeps coming from the inside.

This is actually a GREAT reminder that when it comes to YOU as a PERSON, you can NEVER truly RUN away from YOURSELF. Pardon the caps, but I wanted to stress and emphasize those exact words. Which is why you can obviously feel trapped whenever you're not comfortable in your own skin.

There is a hate that burns with in! The most desperate place I've ever been! Trying to get back to where I'm from! The closer I get the worse it becomes! The closer I get the worse it becomes!

I try to get back to whatever "goodness" I had, only to realize that I never really was ever that "good" to start with. This makes dwelling in the past even worse than it really was.

Isn't that really what you wanted now?

While I am convinced that The Fragile seems to be more about loss and betrayal than self-loathing, this is definitely one of the self-loathing tracks on The Fragile. I interpret this as, you REALLY have NOBODY to blame but yourself. You brought this upon yourself. You deserve all the bad things that came your way because it's as if you wanted to make yourself self-destruct... or is that REALLY what YOU WANTED!?

mfte
09-20-2013, 10:22 AM
any song that talks about slipping away, dissapearing, or being an X number of miles away from something.

EndlessLoveless
09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
The line begins to blur is the song that speaks to me, and I feel I connect and relate with on every level. They all speak to me in some way or another, but TLBTB is just something else entirely. I don't know exactly what its about (unless the artist tells you, do we ever really know for sure?), but to me, its about taking an addiction to another level, and being afraid and paranoid, but at the same time, not being sure if you even have it in you anymore to care or want to change. Its my favorite nine inch nails song lyrically and musically. Every single line really means something to me.

Halo Infinity
09-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Every Day Is Exactly The Same - It seems to hit me the hardest on Monday and Wednesday.

ryanp16
10-07-2013, 08:59 PM
In Somewhat Damaged​, the end is so brilliant.

in the back, off the side, far away
is a place where I hide where I stay
tried to say, tried to ask, I needed to
all alone, by myself, where were you?
how could I ever think it's funny how
everything they swore it wouldn't change is different now
just like you would always say we'll make it through
then my head fell apart and where were you?
how could I ever think it's funny how everything you swore would
never change is different now like you said you and me make it
through didn't quite fell apart where the fuck were you?

I think this is one of my favorite NIN rages. And, I think Somewhat Damaged is one of the best, less spoken of songs.

I relate so much to that part of Somewhat Damaged.

From AATCHB

"Run far away, far away from me, I am tainted, the two of us were never meant to be." "Run far away, far as you can see, I am tainted, and happiness and peace of mind were never meant for me."

For me at least this describes how I'm afraid of opening up to people which then results in me pushing those people away and ending up more lonely than I started.

ryanp16
10-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Also I know there's a few of these going around already, but they seem to be pretty inactive, so I made this. Follow if you want :)

http://twitter.com/NINLyrics1

Charmingly Miserable
10-12-2013, 05:57 PM
This exactly describes how I am my own worst enemy and critic:

I just made you up
To hurt myself
And it worked
Yes, it did

There is no you
There is only me
There is no fucking you
There is only me
Only

Dryalex12
10-12-2013, 06:23 PM
everything is. Not. Okay

Halo Infinity
10-12-2013, 11:17 PM
I bet every once in a while Trent browses these boards and thinks.... "God my fans are assholes"
I don't know why I didn't think of responding to this sooner, but I could totally see that after seeing what happened on both NIN.com and Twitter, and even here when he was teitan. :p

Dryalex12
10-13-2013, 02:49 PM
I also like when he talk about HIS-A TEETHA

Frydek
10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
"In a dream I'm a different me
With a perfect you
We fit perfectly
And for once in my life I feel complete
And I still want to ruin it"

I just love the self-destructive vibe in TF.

1,000,000 still sounds like a struggle in life.

"After all this time
And I still haven't found my place"

The lyrics are somewhat (damaged) consistent from the early days through to HM. YZ might be the only exception. The lyrics aren't as much self-destructive and violent as they used to be though. HM feels like the work of someone who's gone through terrible stages, is feeling better about himself but is still dragging the burden of the past. At least that's how I see it.

Halo Infinity
10-17-2013, 10:25 PM
The Downward Spiral - A lifetime of fucking things up FIXED in ONE DETERMINED FLASH.

For those of you that have been following my emotional posts, or have noticed them, this exact lyric captures how I feel when I'm at my lowest. It's like a combination of suicidal and antinatalist thoughts/emotions. It's very easy for me to see why some people say it's better to have never been. What a perfect song to come before Hurt. I also haven't felt okay to be me for quite some time, especially in real life. I'm still trying to figure things out mentally and emotionally.

Hurt - I wear this crown of shit, upon my liar's chair, full of broken thoughts, I can not repair.

I feel like such a bad person, and it is impossible to undo the damage that has already done. I have lived a life of many lies, regrets, and shame. What's done is done, and irreversible.

If I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself, I would find a way.

It's like my hope would be for me to not only move on, but to physically, mentally, and emotions distance/detach myself when the time comes as a way to prevent myself from getting hurt as bad, or even hurt at all.

Piggy - Nothing can stop me now, because I don't care anymore.

The ironic and slightly paradoxical realization/reminder that apathy can sometimes be just the greatest push you need in order to get motivated and determined for success and diligence in spit of being shit on over and over. Listening to TDS put a smile on my face again. :D

Halo Infinity
10-18-2013, 11:26 AM
All The Love In The World - No one's heard a single word I've said. They don't sound as good outside my head.

It's sometimes hard for me to find the right things to say. I've had so many experience where my words looked so good on paper, but the moment they came out of my mouth, they didn't seem to look as good. I either avoid saying what I originally intended to say, or end up with a lot of miscommunication and conflicts. This lyric captured some of my anxieties when it came to my fear of saying the wrong things at the wrong time. (I almost forgot to include this altogether.)

Won't you see the insects march along, seem to know just right where they belong.

As somebody that has occasionally felt out of place, it sometimes looks like I'm the only one when I'm really not. Even the insects and animals know their ultimate purposes and goals, perhaps instinctively, and here I am confused, feeling like an outsider in a world, trying to figure out what I'm good at while trying to be a good person, where every other human being seems to have their niche and precise purpose mapped out for them as they've managed to gain acceptance and approval via fitting in.

nin5in
10-23-2013, 02:08 PM
"Teeth in the necks of everyone you know"- them goddamn psychic vampires, draining all of your energy, resources, and sanity.

jubilee
10-23-2013, 04:15 PM
"Ghosts of who we used to be, I can feel them come for me"
and
"I used to be so big and strong, I used to know my right from wrong, I used to never be afraid, I used to be somebody"

These lyrics specifically have resonated with me over the past year/two (obviously the one from "Find my Way" is a recent addition). I'm 24 years old and although I look quite young for my age I used to still stress about staying young, not growing up and more importantly, staying true to who I am while also trying to "better" myself. Part of this came from self-idealising a time period of my life where I considered myself to be at my "happiest". As my life has progressed and I heard the "ghosts of who we used to be", this served to spark these memories and feelings in me again but also to make me realise that it's okay to "change" in ways as a person and it doesn't mean you(I) are(am) not staying true to your character and essence.

Halo Infinity
10-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Hurt - Everyone I know goes away in the end.

The simple, yet very true and profound fact that we all grow apart and die. It really is the very definition of loss in terms of people coming and going. I also wish I had somebody explain this to me way before I turned 13 because I used to think everything, or at least most things stayed the same at least until you turn any age between 30 to 40. I'm noticing more and more that you already see people drift away even by the time people turn 18, as I've witnessed it not only from my own life, but other people's lives and social circles as well. So many people just end up leaving, even if they don't mean to be distant and standoffish, and it always seems to happen sooner than you'd even think it would happen.

And but of course, there's inevitable loss and separation through death too. In a way, Hurt reminds me to appreciate people while they're still around. You just never know when they won't be in your life anymore.

Halo Infinity
10-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Every Day Is Exactly The Same - School and work.