PDA

View Full Version : ModLife sucks the big one

jhkoning
08-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Is anyone else having grief with these guys?
I preordered HM (all good) got my t-shirt etc, then logged into my account & changed my email/pass.
Ever since then I've not been able to log in. I can get a new password sent to my 'new' email address just fine, but when I log in the site tells me the email address doesn't exist!
WTF?!
Numerous emails to support since have only resulted in going around in circles (if they actually get around to responding).
Talk about infuriating considering Copy of A, & now Everything.
Bl**dy nightmare. I better get access before HM ships.
Anyone know of any way other than nin@modlife.com to get any kind of support from these amateurs?
Thanks for letting me vent my spleen.
Jas

hanakuso
08-19-2013, 06:17 PM
You should bomb them with emails. I preordered Welcome Oblivion back in February and still hasn't recieved it yet (I live in Chile and took me 4 months to get an anwser from them....then they reshipped it and I guess it's lost again). The sad thing is that I provided a Courier address this time to speed things up and they fucked up again. I'm really worried with my HM preorder (already got the red T shirt but I'm kinda worried for my vinyl and DE CD) I guess I'll receive it in October :/ ....

theimage13
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
You should bomb them with emails. I preordered Welcome Oblivion back in February and still hasn't recieved it yet (I live in Chile and took me 4 months to get an anwser from them....then they reshipped it and I guess it's lost again). The sad thing is that I provided a Courier address this time to speed things up and they fucked up again. I'm really worried with my HM preorder (already got the red T shirt but I'm kinda worried for my vinyl and DE CD) I guess I'll receive it in October :/ ....

Wait...they made you wait four months for an email? And then you ordered from them again?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

hanakuso
08-19-2013, 07:44 PM
At least I recieved my HM t shirt. Anyway, from my experience, they costumer service sucks, and I hope they do things right this time.

CRIMinal
08-19-2013, 08:21 PM
I'm having the same problem. I emailed them and they said my email isn't on file, even though I got notifications to that email. WTF!?!

jhkoning
08-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone - even though I'm even more concerned now - at least I know I'm not alone.
I'll keep you posted on progress, I've sent them two more emails today.

jhkoning
08-20-2013, 06:39 PM
jhkoning You've to use your old email address to login (even though the new password is being sent to your updated one). - just tried that (got a new password sent to my NEW email address) logged in with that & my OLD email address. Success! :D

CRIMinal
08-20-2013, 07:03 PM
That is great. I am still getting the runaround. Apparently my old email and my new email are not on file with modlife. I can still signin with my old email, but there is nothing in my order history. I just hope someone didn't hack my account and that I am still going to receive my order.

jhkoning
08-21-2013, 01:43 AM
Do you still have the confirmation email they sent you when you pre-ordered? If you do, forward that to them & ask them to create a new account for your & transfer the contents to it.
Worth a shot?

hani
08-21-2013, 03:46 AM
last time I bought something at NIN store, I actually had a good experience, and I live in Poland. my PHM remaster t-shirt was delivered in what, like, a week? nothing funny happened. that's why I preordered HM there too. I hope it gets to me on time.

idoru
08-21-2013, 05:54 AM
I've been emailing them since June & never get a reply. I always get an automated reply back saying "Your request (ref) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff. We'll contact you as soon as we have an answer for you." & then nothing else. Even if you email them every single day it seems they never get back to you with an actual response.

CRIMinal
08-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I have emailed them my confirmation number and they have told me that my email is not associated with that order. I just hope that I still receive the CD, since I did pay for it.

matt4p
08-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Same here. I have an email confirmation but my account history is empty and no address details. Ive sent two emails now and not received a response.

matt4p
08-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Weird!!! After reading your comments I tried my old email address. A very old email address that I haven't used for a few years. Logged in and my order details are there and also my new home address.

Transfixed
08-22-2013, 07:56 PM
Wait, there's a HM t-shirt you get for pre-ordering?? WTF how did I miss this? Should I *not* have ordered thru NIN.com?

zerothdegree
09-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Yes I'm appalled that Nine Inch Nails would use this crap company to run their store. I have basically the same issue. I preordered the Deluxe copy of Hesitation Marks with digital download; which also includes the audiophile version download as well. I received an order confirmation the day I ordered; then about five days before release day I received a shipping confirmation email. Which included a link to the nin store to check the shipping tracker and view downloads once available. I clicked the link and attempted to log in with what I know my password was and got "Error: No match for E-Mail Address and/or Password." So I clicked the forgot password link on the site and had my password reset and the new one emailed to me. I tried the new one and got the same error. I tried resetting several more times; even tried using different ways of logging in like from my desktop computer, my laptop, my media pc, my iphone. all the same error.
I emailed nin@modlife.com support. Four days later i get a brief email saying issue resolved case closed. with a message from a support rep asking if i have another email address with the name Gilbert in it....?!! I replied back that NO I do not have any such address and this case is not resolved as I still can not log in.
I get a reply shortly after saying they can only find one registered user with my name and their email address has a Gilbert in it; then he asked for my order number so they could look up my account by that.
So I forwarded him the order confirmation email which included that number. and then never received any further reply...

I still can't sign in. I cant get what I paid for. I feel for the most part ignored and helpless as I just spent nearly $30 for an album and mine as well of gotten spit on by the company nin is allowing to handle their orders and site...
It sounds like to me that these fools are amateurs and don't care at modlife; more than likely their database is corrupted and is probably not the first time and probably wont be the last. I hope Trent realizes how horrible modlife is and takes the nin and htda site to other hands.

and I hope this bs gets fixed today so i can get my downloads damn it! :mad:

update:
this guy "http://www.reallylikeablepeople.com/images/bk_1.jpg"
kept guessing what the issue was with out even looking into their system and blowing me off. im guessing because he is the only support guy at the bullshit company started by blink 182 angels and airwaves douche bags that is hosting the new nine inch nails release on frigging release day and he is probably playing my xbox than actually responding to support requests. My god I hope Trent didn't pick this dumb company. I'm starting to wonder if he was abducted by the same aliens that Tom DeLonge was (http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-reasons-blink-182s-singer-was-clearly-abducted-by-aliens/)
so anyway this guy finally fixed my account some how so it is associated with the correct email address. But fails to send me a new password...
so i try with what the password originally was and get "Sorry, your account is currently locked due to too many bad password attempts. please wait 1 hour and try again."
:/

so i ask him to unlock the account and send me a new password...
and I'm back to waiting again...

mr9inchnail
09-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Modlife.com tell me that the vinyl is on backorder. I find it funny that order number 254 (my order) didn't receive the vinyl portion of the order. Did they pressed less than 254 vinyl copies. That's assuming that the 253 orders before had ordered the vinyl version. Not to mention that my account says that the order has been shipped not that portions of my order have been shipped. Unfortunately for me it tells me that no tracking info is available so I really have no idea what they have or haven't sent. As well.... modlife is of no help.

NINfan04
09-03-2013, 01:35 PM
I thought I might elaborate on the garbage that is Modlife...

Ilan Rubin is in a band called Angels and Airwaves. Angels and Airwaves was started by Tom Delonge who is also 1/3 of Blink 182. So I would assume Rubin is the link between NIN and Modlife but I could be wrong.

Tom Delonge started the company Modlife to give bands a platform to connect with their fans. I've seen Modlife used in both a positive and negative way. At the end of the day Modlife is just an online fanclub with bells and whistles. It's up to the artist/band to put out exclusive material enough that someone is willing to pay a monthly subscription fee. If the band doesn't put anything out then it's basically pissing money into the wind imo. I used to have a Modlife subscription but the band stopped putting stuff out and the little stuff they DID put out was quickly leaked onto the internet anyways. Anyone can have tools but knowing how to utilize them to full potential is something entirely different. I canceled my Modlife subscription for a particular band a long time ago because the money just didn't add up to the little content they put out.

This is why I love the NIN community. We all share everything with one another and Trent doesn't try to nickle and dime us for BS. Most of us still support NIN in some financial form anyways, weather it's concert tickets, merch, etc...

paul_guyet
09-03-2013, 03:07 PM
Check out this shitty dick sandwich:

I changed my shipping address TWO FULL WEEKS before the order was sent out.
The address change showed up on my account.
Everything good.
I get an email informing me that my order was shipped...to the old, completely invalid address.

Long story short, here is the brilliant plan suggested by resident dead-monkey-without-a-brain Brendan:

"I tracked your package and it looks like it just arrived to the New Jersey post office today. Your best best are this point is to contact them to pick it up."

I live in Queens.
WHich is in New York.
I do not have a car.
I sent him a reply asking if he was serious and he has yet to respond.

Congratulations, Amazon.com, you have a new customer.

mr9inchnail
09-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Yeah I emailed him back about how my account shows my order has been shipped not that it is backordered and I'm yet to hear a response back from him. That was a few hours ago at least. I don't expect to hear back from anybody today. I'm just hoping that I receive my vinyl soon so I don't have to deal with these guys much longer.

tony.parente
09-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Wait, there's a HM t-shirt you get for pre-ordering?? WTF how did I miss this? Should I *not* have ordered thru NIN.com?

Well, little late for this reply now but there is not free shirt for preordering. There was a red shirt available for preorder for a day or 2 then taken down without notice, it was this one:

http://i.imgur.com/MLm3Utt.jpg

Transfixed
09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh. Well then I'm not missing much. Am I the only one who wishes Trent/Rob would be a little more demanding when it comes to the artistic content of their merch (mainly shirts)?
So many of their shirts are just...blah. I could design a NIN shirt which would sell like frickin hotcakes, but they seem to be all about "here's a few squares", "here's a basic logo" "here's a couple words on the back or on the sleeve" etc. They're so exacting musically and album packagin-wise I always though their clothing merch was suspiciously underwhelming.

mr9inchnail
09-04-2013, 09:05 AM
So originally Brendan told me that the vinyl version were on backorder which led me to believe that mine hasn't been shipped yet.

Now I get this email from him:

brendan klein (Support)
Sep 03 15:12 (PDT)
Hi Sean,
Unfortunately since your order is international I am unable to track it. I know this can be frustrating for you. I am frustrated too because I can't help you better. I don't know how many records were pressed. With international orders we can't guarantee your order will arrive on the exact album date but rather as close as we can. I am sorry for your level of dissatisfaction during this exchange.
Regards,
Brendan
Support Team

Which leads me to believe that it has been shipped but they just can't track it. So now I'm royally confused as to what's going on with my order and apparently Modlife is going to be of no help because they can't track international orders?

Last time ever purchasing anything from modlife!

somewhat_
09-05-2013, 03:47 PM
I received my DE and standard editions of HM today. The problem is they are the one's I ordered from goHastings for $1.49 each a few days ago. I pre-ordered the DE from nin.com months ago but they couldn't manage to get it to me on the release date, as promised, or even a couple days later - It still isn't here. I will never order from ModLife again.

slave2thewage
09-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not impressed with how long the international orders are taking.

mr9inchnail
09-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure modlife.com understands what preordering means. I cancelled my Amazon.ca account because preordering anything through them was a disappointment waiting to happen. They would always email me the day after my expected delivery date telling me there's a delay. I would always end up just getting it somewhere locally and cancelling the order so I figured there was no use ordering from them ever again. I understand that there's going to be some delay in shipping but when a place doesn't have one to ship to you on release date when you preordered the item months in advance? That's just not right!

Volk
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
preordered my DE HM last Friday, just got an email about an hour ago saying it shipped. Guess it takes 6 days to put something in a box and slap a shipping label on it.

screwdriver
09-05-2013, 06:27 PM
preordered my DE HM last Friday, just got an email about an hour ago saying it shipped. Guess it takes 6 days to put something in a box and slap a shipping label on it.

well, it takes some time for them to somehow scuff up the packaging -- its cool, its not like I ordered the physical version because I wanted it or anything <sigh>

(just got my vinyl, listening to it now and its awesome, but the vinyl sleeves have all sorts of weird scratches and holes. vinyl is thankfully okay, but still.)

Volk
09-05-2013, 06:45 PM
I ordered my vinyl from Amazon, and it arrived today in perfect condition. Haven't listened to it yet tho. For as much as the shipping costs are from NIN.com, you'd think it was going to be hand-delivered by Trent. I only ordered the DE so I could get the audiophile mix, and so I'd always have a place for the digital files. I ended up paying $16 for the vinyl shipped because I had some amazon credits.

Maurish
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Majority seems to have a negative experience with Modlife, especially with vinyl. Has anyone got any experience with the CDs? Especially international delivery. Since AATCHB's Still is almost nowhere else to be found, especially in Europe, NIN store seems to be the best place. However I'm afraid it might get lost or receive a damage product. Any Europeans got any experience with the standard mail delivery (cheapest shipping)? I'm not very keen on dropping 23$+ just for shipping, unless it is really necessary.

mr9inchnail
09-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Majority seems to have a negative experience with Modlife, especially with vinyl. Has anyone got any experience with the CDs? Especially international delivery. Since AATCHB's Still is almost nowhere else to be found, especially in Europe, NIN store seems to be the best place. However I'm afraid it might get lost or receive a damage product. Any Europeans got any experience with the standard mail delivery (cheapest shipping)? I'm not very keen on dropping 23$+ just for shipping, unless it is really necessary.

My deluxe edition arrived in good condition the Friday before release date. The standard edition arrived in good condition on release date. I believe the only reason my standard did not arrive the same day as my deluxe was because Canada Post created the tracking/shipping label with the wrong Postal Code. So my experience with modlife.com and CDs was very good. I haven't received my vinyl yet so I can't comment there other than the delay and the lack of communication from modlife.com but from the looks of this thread it's not looking good!

katara
09-07-2013, 01:55 AM
To the UK, shipping from modlife is appallingly slow. When the HTDA EP came out, I had pre-ordered, and it took a whole month after the release date for me to receive my copy. Guess I didn't learn my lesson when I pre-ordered Hesitation Marks from them, too.

Someone on the forum was lucky enough to get their hands on a whole box of legitimate Still CDs. They're selling them for a throwaway price. I'm really sorry that I can't remember the name of that person. Can anyone else help out with this?

idoru
09-07-2013, 04:45 AM
I stupidly paid $45 for Expedited Shipping to UK. I had a shipping notice 30 Aug but there's apparently no tracking available & Modlife won't say how it was actually shipped & the delivery ETA. USPS Worldwide Expedited is quoted as 3-4 days to UK (days, not business days) so whatever expedited shipping they used (USPS, UPS, Fed Ex etc) should be similar.

gorast
09-07-2013, 10:22 AM
To the UK, shipping from modlife is appallingly slow. When the HTDA EP came out, I had pre-ordered, and it took a whole month after the release date for me to receive my copy. Guess I didn't learn my lesson when I pre-ordered Hesitation Marks from them, too.

Someone on the forum was lucky enough to get their hands on a whole box of legitimate Still CDs. They're selling them for a throwaway price. I'm really sorry that I can't remember the name of that person. Can anyone else help out with this?

it was heavenly_bearded (how do you do the mention thing in a post?), and I think he may still have like 800 of them or something ridiculous like that. Throw him a PM.

Trains
09-07-2013, 10:28 AM

Same here, I had to wait around three weeks for my copy of Welcome Oblivion to turn up, even though my local HMV had it in stock on the day for less than what I had paid to pre-order. This time around I walked into the store on the day, picked up the DE version, paid for it at the desk and walked out the store. Done.

eversonpoe
09-07-2013, 01:40 PM
it was heavenly_bearded (how do you do the mention thing in a post?), and I think he may still have like 800 of them or something ridiculous like that. Throw him a PM.

i just found out a few minutes ago, as long as you format the username correctly with an @ in front of it, it automatically does it after you post.

edit: but i can't seem to get it to work with your name, whether i put a dash or an underscore...

edit 2: let's try a space! @Final Destiny (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=228)

edit 3: muahahahahaha

eversonpoe
09-07-2013, 01:42 PM

yeah, it's heavenly_bearded and i'm sure he'll figure out a way to get you one if you shoot him a PM.

heavenly_bearded
09-07-2013, 03:47 PM
yeah, it's @heavenly_bearded (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=341) and i'm sure he'll figure out a way to get you one if you shoot him a PM.

I have 'a few' of those. Please buy them for $5 each. That's half what NIN charged before they were discontinued. All sealed. I can sell a sealed case of 30 straight from the factory if you like. My shelf would thank you :)

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/IMG_2191_zpsdff5a322.jpg (http://s389.photobucket.com/user/sexmachine23_photos/media/IMG_2191_zpsdff5a322.jpg.html)

Brownd
09-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Can someone tell me what was the support email for the site? store.nin.com is currently not loading at all, at least for me (is someone else able to enter?)
I accidentally clicked an "unsubscribe" link on the purchase confirmation email and I think I won't get noticed when my CD ships (maybe it already did, goddammit)

EDIT: site loaded. album was shipped on the 5th :) support email sent.

mr9inchnail
09-09-2013, 11:35 AM
dealing with modlife.com makes me hate being an NIN fan =(

katara
09-09-2013, 01:45 PM
If I don't get the album tomorrow, I'm going to be sending a very angry email. Posted "for release date", my arse.

hologram parade
09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
i have emailed modlife 4 times over the last month leading up to the release date so i could cancel my vinyl order. figured i stop by my local shop instead. modlife never contacted or refunded me.

Volk
09-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm still waiting on my DE. It will have taken a week for it to arrive when I get it on Thursday. Considering how fucking expensive the shipping was ($12.00 for the CHEAPEST option), that is unacceptable bullshit.

tony.parente
09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Things I have learned from this thread:

1. Don't preorder from any band that uses Modlife if you're outside of the US because you will likely not get it on time as advertised.
2. Don't order vinyl from Modlife ever.
3. Trent loves giving his fans vinyl that is "Somewhat Damaged" (get it?)

pigpen
09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Things I have learned from this thread:

1. Don't preorder from any band that uses Modlife if you're outside of the US because you will likely not get it on time as advertised.
2. Don't order vinyl from Modlife ever.
3. Trent loves giving his fans vinyl that is "Somewhat Damaged" (get it?)

Don't you mean somewhat HAM (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2065-NIN-Puns)aged?

eversonpoe
09-09-2013, 11:26 PM
(cross-posted in the HM vinyl thread)

so...this happened...

Maxwell Shults
Sep 03 22:30 (PDT)

Dear Modlife,

I realize that I paid for standard shipping, but I did not think that would
impact the WAY my items were packed, only the speed with which they would
arrive (surprisingly, I received them today despite the estimated delivery
date being set for Saturday; for that, I am thankful). However, upon
opening my items today, I was pretty disappointed in how they were shipped
(in an over-sized box with no padding materials). I am also extremely
frustrated to find that the top right corner of the vinyl package is badly
creased, and both inner sleeves have large tears on two edges (one sleeve
has a tear on both the inside & outside edge, one on the outside edge & the
bottom edge).

I have included pictures that I took during my unpacking process to
illustrate the issues.

I hope that any orders that I place through your service in the future will
be handled with greater care.

Thank you,
Maxwell Shults

brendan klein (Support)
Sep 09 13:24 (PDT)

That's disappointing. We'll send out a replacement out to you.

Regards,
Brendan
Support Team

didn't even ask for a replacement, just wrote an eloquent and well-though-out e-mail. pretty surprised. hope everyone has similar luck with their issues.

idoru
09-10-2013, 12:56 AM
I still can't even get them to respond to my emails, all I get is an automated reply & nothing else. Anyone found another way of contacting them?

humie74
09-10-2013, 02:07 AM
yeah i have the same problems as all you guys
i stay in the uk and im still waiting on the deluxe cd i really thought i would have got by now
its kind of piss poor to be honest with you
i got my t-shirt fine and im glad i went to hmv on the day of realease for the uk editions

Brownd
09-10-2013, 05:35 AM
Ok, from now on I'll just use Modlife for digital editions only... to think I almost ordered WO vinyl there...
Amazon here I come again

turntable
09-10-2013, 09:21 AM
I'm getting more than a little ticked at Modlife myself. I received Hesitation Marks on vinyl and both records are very warped. I've sent them emails and heard nothing back. Here's the video of the warpage:

https://vimeo.com/74168448

I understand that they might be flooded with complaints and issues. Fine. Just say so. Complete silence on this issue is unacceptable.

mr9inchnail
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm getting more than a little ticked at Modlife myself. I received Hesitation Marks on vinyl and both records are very warped. I've sent them emails and heard nothing back. Here's the video of the warpage:

https://vimeo.com/74168448

I understand that they might be flooded with complaints and issues. Fine. Just say so. Complete silence on this issue is unacceptable.

That's horrible. I received three copies of Ghost from Amazon.ca like that before they just gave up and refunded my money. I still am yet to find a copy of it that isn't warped.

Edit: I received my vinyl version from modlife.com today. I had it shipped to my work address. Figures it would be my luck that it would arrive on my scheduled day off! I hope mine isn't like that. I bought a copy at HMV last night because I was growing impatient with modlife.com and wanted to have one before they were nowhere to be found. I left it sealed as I was guessing my modlife.com shipment would be arriving soon. I will see if I can return it in the next day or so assuming my modlife.com order isn't damaged like yours or the many others.

pigpen
09-10-2013, 03:45 PM
That's horrible. I received three copies of Ghost from Amazon.ca like that before they just gave up and refunded my money. I still am yet to find a copy of it that isn't warped.

Well, that tends to happen when you jam 4 records in a jacket meant for 2 and then squeeze it closed and wrap it up..

eversonpoe
09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Well, that tends to happen when you jam 4 records in a jacket meant for 2 and then squeeze it closed and wrap it up..

...that's what she said...?

pigpen
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
...that's what she said...?

A swing and a miss! ;)

I'm AM kind of surprised someone approved that packaging though, seems like a pretty obvious issue that could have been taken care of
with a 1/4" extension of paper.

Anyway, glad to see that the HM vinyl didn't really have any glaring packaging flaws.. Although, I'd have preferred the records themselves
to have been in plain white covers with a full color booklet. Would have cost relatively the same amount, except for some staples and .20
worth the white slip jacket...things. if that.

..Enough bitching though! Fuuuuuuccckkkk Modlife!

mr9inchnail
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Completely agree. There always seems to be something when it comes to NIN and vinyl. Whether it's damage to the packaging, warping of the actual vinyl or even fingers prints on the vinyl on first open. I think that a lot of companies that are pressing vinyl nowadays are just not doing enough quality assurance before they pack it up and send it off.

I wish that a company like Mobile Fidelity would re-release some of the old NIN catalog. They do it right.

trollmanen
09-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I've sent two emails about my warped and skipping records, no response yet. I'm never ordering vinyl from Modlife again unless it's the only place to order it from.

ninlive
09-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I too was pretty bummed about my order. The record sleeves came super damaged and basically opened on the side. I wanted to use nin.com because I thought that would be the best way to give NIN the maximum amount of money for the record. Nullco did a fantastic job with shipping, not sure if that is who did Hesitation Marks as well. But for this order, I was disappointed with the quality of shipping.

I don't feel like fighting it... I understand over time it was bound to happen. Probably not to the extent that it was when I first got it, but if it really bothers me, I guess I'll buy another copy from my local record store.

Oh... and my top left corner was smashed in.

mr9inchnail
09-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Well my sleeves and the packaging were fine. The vinyls are not warped but holy ef are they ever dirty and the amount of finger prints on them is unreal!!!!

I know he has come by this forum in the past but i doubt he willl see my post or even if he does will he listen? But Trent .. come on? The condition your NIN vinyl arrives in the hands of your fans is completely ridiculous ... do something about it!

I will be emailing modlife tomorrow. I should have waited until tomorrow to open the vinyl. Went to see QOTSA tonight and had a great time but the filthiness of these vinyl have me completwly bummed right now

Edit: Taking another look at the vinyl one side is also completely scuffed. I've bought 20 year old used vinyl that hasn't looked as bad as this set.

martin_b
09-11-2013, 08:33 AM
People from Europe, have you already got your HM related orders purchased via nin.com?

I received an email from store.nin.com on 30th of August, that my shipment is on-the-way, but so far no HM in my hands. :-\

Little_Dreamer
09-11-2013, 09:37 AM
People from Europe, have you already got your HM related orders purchased via nin.com?

I received an email from store.nin.com on 30th of August, that my shipment is on-the-way, but so far no HM in my hands. :-\

Nope, haven't got mine yet. It was the same with the Welcome Oblivion album. That one took about 3 or 4 weeks to get here.
But I'm patient...

katara
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
I got my deluxe album yesterday (UK).

It was just in a cardboard sleeve, but it was still in the shrink wrap and isn't damaged in any way. Thankfully.

idoru
09-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Funnily, I had 3 replies from Modlife within 54 minutes after I finally suggested I would contact my credit card company & start a chargeback process after so many emails had gone without response & still no sign of my "expedited shipping" order. So they can answer emails when they want to. They said that European orders should arrive "10-15 days from shipping" & confirmed they weren't sent with any package tracking. Seems that their idea of expedited is the same as standard...

mr9inchnail
09-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I don't know about anybody else out there that had their order "shipped" internationally. Anybody from the UK or elsewhere want to chime in on this?

I'm pretty pissed off that my "so called" international order cost me $20 shipping on an item that came 20-30 minutes from where I had it delivered. All three of my items were shipped from Mississauga, Ontario to Toronto, Ontario. This especially pisses me off with the condition that my vinyl arrived.

If I wanted things to arrive late and in this condition I would have left my Amazon.ca account active. At least from them anything over $25 was free shipping anywhere in Canada. I would just have to wait months after release before I got my preordered items.
This is something I would definitely over look if it weren't for the unplayable condition that the vinyl arrived in but seeing how that arrived this really stings more than it should! I really have a hard time trying to figure out why bands have these guys ruin their fan clubs.

Winter Is Coming
09-12-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't know about anybody else out there that had their order "shipped" internationally. Anybody from the UK or elsewhere want to chime in on this?

I'm pretty pissed off that my "so called" international order cost me $20 shipping on an item that came 20-30 minutes from where I had it delivered. All three of my items were shipped from Mississauga, Ontario to Toronto, Ontario. This especially pisses me off with the condition that my vinyl arrived.

If I wanted things to arrive late and in this condition I would have left my Amazon.ca account active. At least from them anything over $25 was free shipping anywhere in Canada. I would just have to wait months after release before I got my preordered items.
This is something I would definitely over look if it weren't for the unplayable condition that the vinyl arrived in but seeing how that arrived this really stings more than it should! I really have a hard time trying to figure out why bands have these guys ruin their fan clubs.

I'm in Calgary and am still waiting. I agree that it is a pissoff that modlife ships from within Canada, yet we are subject to outrageous shipping fees. What makes it even more frustrating is that my DE arrived on the 5th and when it arrived, it had a tracking number on the package, but of course that would have been useful to have before it arrived. Naturally nin.com account says no tracking info available.

Based on CP shipping estimates for Mississauga to Calgary and the fact you already have yours, I'm expecting mine today or tomorrow.

In light of the crappy shipping and late arrival of this release, I went back and looked at my GWTDT and TSN orders. Except for the fact that the GWTDT DE arrived like 4 months later than they had originally stated, the old company NIN used (whose name I can't recall right now) were far better.

mr9inchnail
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm in Calgary and am still waiting. I agree that it is a pissoff that modlife ships from within Canada, yet we are subject to outrageous shipping fees. What makes it even more frustrating is that my DE arrived on the 5th and when it arrived, it had a tracking number on the package, but of course that would have been useful to have before it arrived. Naturally nin.com account says no tracking info available.

Based on CP shipping estimates for Mississauga to Calgary and the fact you already have yours, I'm expecting mine today or tomorrow.

In light of the crappy shipping and late arrival of this release, I went back and looked at my GWTDT and TSN orders. Except for the fact that the GWTDT DE arrived like 4 months later than they had originally stated, the old company NIN used (whose name I can't recall right now) were far better.

Don't even get me started on the lack of tracking information even though there was an obvious tracking number on the actually package! I emailed modlife with my tracking number once I received the package ... for future reference.

Edit: I can't remember about GWTDT and TSN but if I'm not mistaken they were through modlife.com as well but I do agree that it was much better with those two purchases. This one was just completely ridiculous. Not to mention the frustrations with the presale for Tension 2013.

Winter Is Coming
09-12-2013, 11:44 AM
I just looked and it was topspin and did have USPS tracking info. Can't recall if I paid customs on my GWTDT deluxe order. My TSN Bluray audio shipping was $6. Not cheap but not $20 either, although that was obviously a smaller package.

mr9inchnail
09-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I just looked and it was topspin and did have USPS tracking info. Can't recall if I paid customs on my GWTDT deluxe order. My TSN Bluray audio shipping was $6. Not cheap but not $20 either, although that was obviously a smaller package.

Yes that's right it was topspin. I believe I paid custom fees on both my GWTDT and TSN but I didn't have the frustration with them I'm having with modlife right now so it was well worth it. Like I said I wouldn't be complaining about the $20 shipping if the thing had arrived on time, or even just a day or so late, and in better condition like they did back in the topspin days.

Volk
09-12-2013, 05:23 PM
So, I just checked my tracking information for my deluxe edition. We're pushing 2 weeks now, and my package went from CA, to NJ, to southeastern PA, (I live in Delaware), and is now at the postal facility in Fort Collins, CO.
WTF? Not only did I pay more for the actual CD, I paid a LOT more for the shipping on NIN.com, and now my shit is seeing more of the U.S. than I have.
Who the hell do I email?

mr9inchnail
09-12-2013, 08:45 PM
So, I just checked my tracking information for my deluxe edition. We're pushing 2 weeks now, and my package went from CA, to NJ, to southeastern PA, (I live in Delaware), and is now at the postal facility in Fort Collins, CO.
WTF? Not only did I pay more for the actual CD, I paid a LOT more for the shipping on NIN.com, and now my shit is seeing more of the U.S. than I have.
Who the hell do I email?

nin@modlife.com is your only hope ... unfortunately. Good luck ! That is crazy !

jhkoning
09-12-2013, 11:07 PM
My CD arrived today, I'm in New Zealand & that includes a redirection (I'm living at a different address at the moment) - so I'm happy about that.
What I'm not happy about however is there is now interview with Trent on the second disc?!
WTF
Is this an iTunes only thing?

gorast
09-12-2013, 11:30 PM
My CD arrived today, I'm in New Zealand & that includes a redirection (I'm living at a different address at the moment) - so I'm happy about that.
What I'm not happy about however is there is now interview with Trent on the second disc?!
WTF
Is this an iTunes only thing?

Yes, we established that last month.

thelastdisciple
09-13-2013, 02:29 AM
All the stories from you guys make me glad i didn't bother pre-ordering it...

I mean obviously NIN wouldn't have got my full support financially by doing this (although as far as I'm concerned i paid $114 for a Tension concert this November and i think that more than covers whatever was missed by not ordering the album directly from nin.com...) but I just simply went in to a record shop the day of release (HMV) and walked out with the DE in hand, paid less too, no shipping taxes, no wait time... easy peasy (not to gloat), just a lot folks seem like they would have been so much better off had they done this and i don't know why so many people get so comfortable ordering things off the net when all kinds of shit like this happens well maybe it's not so common or doesn't happen all the time but the risk never seems to be worth the trouble or stress.

Understanding that record shops are closing everywhere or maybe you live in the woods or some third world hole in the ground and it's not convenient, or you have some physical and/or health related situation preventing you from leaving the house, i truly get it in these cases but considering this release is through Columbia and NIN are not doing things the independant way like they had for the past few releases, they're going to have a lot more bases covered this time around distribution wise and I'd assume even most of the big box stores would have it in stock.

I guess all I'm saying is.. speaking generally and not to be a dick, if you are able and you have working legs...that's something to really keep in mind for the future if you're in desperate need of the physical product. Sometimes things turn out better if you just cook the food yourself rather than being lazy and expecting things to be made and brought right to you.

Twiggy
09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
I'm still waiting for mine to show up in the UK. Hopefully its arrived and all 3 versions...

Modlife messed up my shipping address so i don't now whether its going to my work or home address.

I'm currently out of the country and told them to re-direct it to my work which they confirmed incase no one is around at my home to pick it up. But they shipped it to my home address anyway!

Volk
09-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Well, I got a tracking update stating that it was shipped to the wrong postal facility (obviously), and is being re-routed for delivery. I'm glad I paid $12.00 to ship a CD back and forth across the U.S. twice, when I could have just picked up a copy of the DE on Wal-Mart for $18.00 2 weeks ago.

Winter Is Coming
09-13-2013, 12:04 PM
My vinyl finally arrived! The packaging was in perfect condition and it wasn't packed at all like some of the large boxes I've seen in pictures posted here on ETS. It was packed very securely. The records themselves had some minor debris that looked like threads/dust on them but nothing major.

I love the 12x12 art card and think all records should come with them. This way I can frame that and still have a phisical product that I can hold and look at.

NIN-Entity
09-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi guys!

For what I've been reading at this thread, preorder HM from modlife was a great mistake... I live in Brazil and am still waiting. They said they're unable to track international orders, so I must just believe that the CD will arrive at my house sometime in the future?

I preordered "...Like Clockwork" and there wasn't any delay. Actually, Matador Records just nailed it!
I'm so disappointed with the preorder service from NIN.com...

idoru
09-14-2013, 12:44 PM
I actually got my vinyl & DE from Modlife today - 15 days for "expedited shipping" - although the postage label said USPS Eco, presumably meaning economy shipping which is not exactly my definition of expedited! The edges of the vinyl are a bit battered as, like everyone else's, the contents were just loose to rattle around inside the box - but it's not actually as bad as I was fearing after hearing some other's reports. I also don't know why they were apparently unable to track international orders as my package had a USPS tracking number on it that got scanned by Royal Mail when they delivered it...at least I actually have it now which I was beginning to think wasn't going to happen.

nxtort
09-14-2013, 01:47 PM
My vinyl finally arrived! The packaging was in perfect condition and it wasn't packed at all like some of the large boxes I've seen in pictures posted here on ETS. It was packed very securely. The records themselves had some minor debris that looked like threads/dust on them but nothing major.

I love the 12x12 art card and think all records should come with them. This way I can frame that and still have a phisical product that I can hold and look at.

Thanks for the update. I am still waiting for my order only 4 hours north of you.

mr9inchnail
09-16-2013, 06:39 PM
modlife received the pics of my vinyl and are apparently sending me another copy. I hope this one is in better condition !

ericy210
09-16-2013, 09:06 PM
How's the quality of the shirts? Thick or see-through? I like th "fractured" one. Thanks

nxtort
09-16-2013, 11:58 PM
Showed up today in perfect condition ++ sounds amazing.

Tyson
09-17-2013, 12:55 AM
Just got mine. Same packaging as everyone else. Just a standard corrugated brown mailer with no protection whatsoever. No real damage to the gatefold. I can see some edge tears on the sleeves. I wasn't going to open it, since I don't have my turntable with me here anyway, but I'm getting the feeling I maybe should open it and have a look at the vinyl themselves.

Volk
09-17-2013, 06:59 AM
STILL waiting for my DE CD.... I think my package was routed through Syria.

Little_Dreamer
09-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Finally got my DE CD yesterday. Looks lovely.

sentient02970
09-17-2013, 08:14 AM
The Deluxe Disc is a gorgeous presentation of media. So happy to have it sitting on my coffee table! :D

eversonpoe
09-17-2013, 08:43 AM
The Deluxe Disc is a gorgeous presentation of media. So happy to have it sitting on my coffee table! :D

that seems dangerous...what if someone mistakes it for a gorgeous coaster?!? ;p

sentient02970
09-17-2013, 08:46 AM
that seems dangerous...what if someone mistakes it for a gorgeous coaster?!? ;p

Haha yes good point. I had to redirect my 11 year old last night with her tweety bird mug. Probably needs to leave the coffee table.

andre78
09-18-2013, 02:28 PM
For what I've been reading at this thread, preorder HM from modlife was a great mistake... I live in Brazil and am still waiting. They said they're unable to track international orders, so I must just believe that the CD will arrive at my house sometime in the future?

Same thing here. I live in Brazil ( Sao Paulo ) and haven't received it yet. Worse is that I was in NYC last week and didn't bother to buy it there expecting it would've arrived already.
I also remember that The Slip arrived less than two weeks after released.

Twiggy
09-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Mine finally arrived in the UK. Not sure how it took so long especially when I preordered it on the first day.

I won't get to see it in the flesh until October though.

Mip
09-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Still haven't received my Deluxe cd. I orderd it on Sep 4. Live in Sweden. This sucks.

Brownd
09-22-2013, 08:16 AM
A friend from my country just got this answer:

Your orders can take anywhere from 10-21 days to reach you. South America has a tendency to take longer than some of the other countries. Your item are on the way.
Thank you for your ongoing patience. It's much appreciated.
Makes sense now that I think about it, even things I ordered from other places are taking more time. Imports here are having serious issues right now, I think something to do with politics or whatever the shit

oddityben
09-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm furious with Modlife. I originally preordered the HM vinyl, a red t-shirt for myself, and one for my wife. My t-shirt arrived without a problem, but we never received hers. After an email to customer service, they did make it right and got the women's t-shirt to us relatively quickly. Then release day rolls around and my vinyl shows up. I was excited to crack it open, drop it on my 1200, and make a virgin 24/96 rip. All was good until I got to side D, which is scratched all to shit. Since Sept. 6th, I've sent Modlife 3 email with NO responses. I can forgive one email slipping through the cracks, but this in addition to all of the negative experiences all of my friends above me are dealing with is unacceptable. I'm used to getting fucked on stuff like those fan-made YZ t-shirts (anyone remember those?) and the AAISAD Bluray, but not the official channels.

I bought a US version of the HM vinyl from my local indie record store and the EU version from amazon.co.uk and both were in pristine condition.

MrsMeowMeow
09-23-2013, 05:10 AM
Umm, is it true that you can only pay via credit card? I see no other option right now, but I NEED (!!!!!!) the now I'm nothing hoodie badly.

NIN-Entity
09-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Just received my standard copy of HM. I thought I would not put my hands on this before the next Olympics... Seriously, so much delay for what was supposed to be a "preorder"? C'mon! Lesson I've learned: do not preorder anything from Modlife again.

By the way, I live in Minas Gerais - Brazil.

turntable
09-27-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm getting more than a little ticked at Modlife myself. I received Hesitation Marks on vinyl and both records are very warped. I've sent them emails and heard nothing back. Here's the video of the warpage: https://vimeo.com/74168448 I understand that they might be flooded with complaints and issues. Fine. Just say so. Complete silence on this issue is unacceptable. I just wanted to reply to my own message here to say that modlife sent a replacement and I received it a couple days ago. It's fine. No warpage. No damage. It was absolutely in a smaller box so it couldn't bounce around so much (though I'm sure the box wasn't the cause of the warpage of the original I got). It took a little time, but I want to thank modlife for getting it right without too much fuss. Took a while, but overall I'm OK now...

MrsMeowMeow
09-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Umm, is it true that you can only pay via credit card? I see no other option right now, but I NEED (!!!!!!) the now I'm nothing hoodie badly.
Ok, a nice person lent me her credit card now ^^

But I still think its a dick move to not include any other payment method, not everyone can afford a credit card...

mr9inchnail
09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Got my replacement today. Horrible shape again. Sleeves and everything this time around. =(

Oblong Cheese
10-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Has anyone in Australia received their HM CD from nin.com yet?

slave2thewage
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Mmmm, Troubadour shirt just arrived.

andre78
10-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Just received my HM deluxe in the mail yesterday, here in Sao Paulo ( Brazil ), thankfully in perfect condition ( by the way: beautiful, beautiful artwork ), exactly 30 days after posted by Modlife.