PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation Marks Deluxe CD vs. Vinyl

Copy of A
08-17-2013, 11:32 AM
I realized upon shopping on the NIN site that the deluxe CD version comes with a "28 page hardcover book", while the vinyl includes a CD copy of the album but doesn't mention the 28-page book, which I definitely would like to have. With that said, is it a definite fact with that the 28-page book will not be included in the Vinyl version of the album? If this is true, and I assume it is, then that is disappointing as I want both the vinyl and the book. It'd be nice if NIN had a version of the album that came with the vinyl and the 28-page book. Perhaps a Deluxe Vinyl edition? Anyone slightly upset about this?

Fist Fuck
08-17-2013, 11:39 AM
^No. CD and vinyl packages are never the same. I'm happy that there's a deluxe edition as well as a vinyl version and they actually put a lot of effort in making both packages exciting.

If you want both the vinyl and the book, buy them. If buying both is too expensive: Well, there's a lot of things I'd like to have, but can't afford.

Shadaloo
08-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I've realized in retrospect it's always good to have a hundred bucks on hand whenever new NIN comes out just in case of significant differences. Still kicking myself for not having a Fragile vinyl. I'll be getting both this time.

The Reason Being
08-17-2013, 11:41 AM
I remember being annoyed that the Ghosts I - IV standalone vinyl didn't come with a 12" booklet even though I had paid more than the cost of the CD which did come with a booklet. I just bought the CD version and went about my day though, haha. I'm pretty sure the CD that will come with HM vinyl won't have its own booklet. Don't quote me on that, though..

InvitingmeAway
08-17-2013, 11:45 AM
I got the CD deluxe. Though the vinyl definitely has it's perks such as the sound quality and superior artwork, the extra 3 tracks and booklet did it for me.

binaryhermit
08-17-2013, 11:46 AM
[paranoid_conspiracy_theory]It's a plot to make you buy the album more than once.[/ paranoid_conspiracy_theory]

Trains
08-17-2013, 11:56 AM
I got the CD deluxe. Though the vinyl definitely has it's perks such as the sound quality and superior artwork, the extra 3 tracks and booklet did it for me.

Same. What with already pre-ordering the mp3 from the nin store and reserving the deluxe CD at HMV, I figure I don't need a third copy of the album, even if vinyl is rather wonderful.

Amaro
08-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I might be getting the vinyl on top of having ordered the DE, if I like it enough/love it. I got the DE because of the cool cover art, and included book.

Copy of A
08-17-2013, 12:14 PM
[paranoid_conspiracy_theory]It's a plot to make you buy the album more than once.[/ paranoid_conspiracy_theory]Less of a conspiracy theory and more of simple business strategy. I just didn't see Trent as being one to go that route, but it's nothing wrong with it. His work is quality and deserves to be paid for it efficiently so that he can continue to invest in new techniques and technologies to keep improving on his work in the future, particularly relating to what he's able to do with his life shows. So more power to him, I'll probably buy both now that I know for sure that the book isn't included in the vinyl package

botley
08-17-2013, 12:14 PM
The book is definitely unique to the deluxe CD format; Rob Sheridan confirmed on Twitter that it would follow the same format as the deluxe edition of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine, which is a hardback book designed to hold the two CDs inside it.

thefragile_jake
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
http://ecsmedia.pl/c/delta-machine-deluxe-packshot02-gallery.big-img21283393.jpg
...and here's what you can expect look wise! :)

Amaro
08-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Another perspective.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/18/vunumu8a.jpg

pigpen
08-17-2013, 03:41 PM
So, are these deluxe editions going to be made available pretty widely?
I have the vinyl pre-ordered, because to me, that's the most important version,
but ideally, on release day, I'd like to swing into a best buy or something and grab
the other two.

sheepdean
08-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm kinda unhappy that the Vinyl doesn't have the DE contents, I wanted the DE contents and the artbook, and I couldn't afford both. But I do love this kinda thing (have quite a few of this kinda album anyway). I'll pick up a record from a show if they have any maybe :P

Shadaloo
08-17-2013, 10:45 PM
Only downside is, if it's just like Delta Machine, it's going to be a royal bitch trying to get that CD out of the package gently IIRC. Those sleeves were tight.

SM Rollinger
08-18-2013, 05:01 PM
So here is a question, what time on the 3rd am I going to be able to download my digital copy? (im sure im not the only one psyched about being able to get it in friggin .wav! woooot!!!)

goingincirclez
08-18-2013, 10:41 PM
I'm still holding out hope that the artwork / booklet included with the Standard (CD) edition, if not the same as the Deluxe, is at least conducive to expansion on Vinyl's larger format.

In other words: I loved the artwork on TDS, but when I finally got a vinyl copy some 10 years later, it was like seeing it all over again IN GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION. The content was the same, but the larger format really afforded a better view of the details, and just seemed more engrossing. When people wax blowhardish about the "superiority" of vinyl and how "conducive to the experience" it is, albums like TDS are an excellent touchstone.

So yeah, if the "basic / standard" artwork is at least interesting to look at, I'll be very happy to have it in a 12" format, perhaps suitable for framing.

Shit. Framing. Dammit I may have to buy a second copy just to do that. Curses!

gorast
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
So here is a question, what time on the 3rd am I going to be able to download my digital copy? (im sure im not the only one psyched about being able to get it in friggin .wav! woooot!!!)

Should be midnight EST if I remember correctly. That or 3am at the latest.

pigpen
08-19-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm still holding out hope that the artwork / booklet included with the Standard (CD) edition, if not the same as the Deluxe, is at least conducive to expansion on Vinyl's larger format.

In other words: I loved the artwork on TDS, but when I finally got a vinyl copy some 10 years later, it was like seeing it all over again IN GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION. The content was the same, but the larger format really afforded a better view of the details, and just seemed more engrossing. When people wax blowhardish about the "superiority" of vinyl and how "conducive to the experience" it is, albums like TDS are an excellent touchstone.

So yeah, if the "basic / standard" artwork is at least interesting to look at, I'll be very happy to have it in a 12" format, perhaps suitable for framing.

Shit. Framing. Dammit I may have to buy a second copy just to do that. Curses!

You're aware that all of the different formats will come with their own individual artwork, correct?
There will be no 12" Standard cd artwork, unless it comes in the form of a promotional flat or something..

Blackbookpress1984
08-19-2013, 08:54 AM
^^^ Very true.

This is one reason I ordered all three ud formats.

Not sure if the EU versions have different art, but I ordered both EU versions as well.

well see what ends up showing up on the 3rd. hopefully Ill have 5 versions of the album to oogle over all at once.

Kyle
08-19-2013, 11:36 AM
http://ecsmedia.pl/c/delta-machine-deluxe-packshot02-gallery.big-img21283393.jpg ...and here's what you can expect look wise! :) It's going to say Depeche Mode on the front of Hesitation Marks? That was completely unexpected. :p