PDA

View Full Version : Ministry

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

imail724
09-27-2016, 10:04 AM
So after like 2 or 3 years of anticipation, the debut album from Bells Into Machines (Supergroup with Chris Connelly and Paul Barker) was finally released the other day. After two listens, it's pretty.... meh. It is nothing like the Revolting Cocks reunion album I'd hoped it would be. If anything it sounds more like all those post-industrial rock bands that came out in the late nineties/early 2000s; think Filter. Very disappointed, but at least we have Cocksure's last album, which is fantastic and much more like a modern Cocks album than this.

Mutilated
09-27-2016, 11:47 AM
So after like 2 or 3 years of anticipation, the debut album from Bells Into Machines (Supergroup with Chris Connelly and Paul Barker) was finally released the other day. After two listens, it's pretty.... meh. It is nothing like the Revolting Cocks reunion album I'd hoped it would be. If anything it sounds more like all those post-industrial rock bands that came out in the late nineties/early 2000s; think Filter. Very disappointed, but at least we have Cocksure's last album, which is fantastic and much more like a modern Cocks album than this.

I really wanted to pre-order it, but no CD option so decided against it. Sounds like that might have been the right decision, especially if it sounds like Filter.

imail724
09-27-2016, 04:17 PM
I also find it quite odd that I haven't seen any mention of the album's release outside of the band's official Facebook page. I'm friends with Chris on FB and follow Paul on Instagram and neither of them have posted anything about it. It's like they know it's not good and would rather just focus on other things.

elevenism
09-27-2016, 05:42 PM
I don't really post here much anymore, but somehow I forgot to mention I finally saw a Ministry concert this year. It was the Anarchist National Convention show with Helmet and Jello Biafra and I have a really, really long winded review posted here:

https://vnnmusick.wordpress.com/2016/07/20/act-i-live-from-the-a-n-c-jourgensenhamilton-2016-71716/

i dug your review

DVYDRNS
09-27-2016, 08:22 PM
i recorded the cocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYjOGsMKO0Q

ChipRock
09-28-2016, 04:34 AM
I hadn't heard about Bells Into Machines coming out either, but then I gave up paying much attention a while ago. I guess the situation is similar to Primitive Race - I remember listening to the Graham Poppy track and being, er, unimpressed. It sounds like Graham had left a vocal part on an answering machine and they just stuck it onto a pre-existing backing track with very little thought or care. But yes, it seems that Jason Novak is the only guy worth listening to when it comes to reviving the old school Cocks/Ministry sound. I love the Cocksure records, and he obviously put in a lot of work reproducing the Big Sexy Land tracks. I can't help have a little bit of love for Al still, but watching that clip of Physical, for instance, I really don't miss his presence.

imail724
09-28-2016, 07:08 AM
Paul should just join Cocksure and call it a day.

Piko
09-28-2016, 11:59 AM
I'd rather a cocks album with the current lineup. They seem to be enjoying themselves atm with the tour. Hopefully they continue.

imail724
10-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Is it controversial to say Filth Pig is better than Psalm 69? I actually might even go as far as to say both Filth Pig and DSotS are better than Psalm 69...

wizfan
10-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Is it controversial to say Filth Pig is better than Psalm 69? I actually might even go as far as to say both Filth Pig and DSotS are better than Psalm 69...

If you asked me seven years ago, I'd say HELL, NO. But now... HELL, YEAH.

Maximilian
10-17-2016, 03:25 PM
I guess I'd say I like Psalm 69 and Filth Pig equally. DSOTS, not so much.

buckaroo
10-17-2016, 03:26 PM

I think Filth Pig may be better overall, but the best songs on Psalm 69 are better than the best songs on Filth Pig in my opinion. Either way, The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste is better than both.

imail724
10-17-2016, 03:36 PM
If you asked me seven years ago, I'd say HELL, NO. But now... HELL, YEAH.
I agree completely! When I first got into Ministry i thought Psalm 69 was EASILY the best in their discography. But just recently I've been running through the catalog again and after the brilliance of Twitch, LoRaH, and TMiaTTT, Psalm 69 was just kind of... meh. You can certainly hear the blueprints for Ministry's mid-2000s turn toward speed metal. But I felt FP and DSotS were still trying to do something different. Between Al varying the way he sings on certain songs, letting Paul sing a few songs, and an overall focus on a slower, more sludgey sound, I found them both to be much more enjoyable and interesting records this time around.

Khrz
10-17-2016, 03:48 PM

I always thought FilthPig was the overlooked country album Al has always wanted to make. I love that album, it retains Ministry's heavy sound but completely changed the tropes.

And Dark Side of the Spoon is one of my favorites, only beaten by The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste.

fillow
10-17-2016, 05:14 PM
I probably already said it here somewhere, but I can once again suggest Nations to Flames album by A Storm of Light as a record highly influenced by sludge/doom-era Ministry (Filth Pig, DSOTS and Animositisomina). Even Josh Graham's vocals sound like Al at his best at times

Piko
10-17-2016, 05:57 PM

Nope. Love that album. Way more than 69. One of my favorite albums, ever.

imail724
10-18-2016, 09:14 AM
I also think Houses of the Mole is a far better album than most people give it credit for. It gets lumped into that Bush trilogy, but I think it's pretty different from Rio and TLS.

Piko
10-18-2016, 11:26 AM
I also think Houses of the Mole is a far better album than most people give it credit for. It gets lumped into that Bush trilogy, but I think it's pretty different from Rio and TLS.

Imo, that's the last good thing to come from Al. Great album.

Shadaloo
10-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Houses is pretty much the last great one IMO, and Filth Pig is for certain a top-five Ministry album.

DVYDRNS
10-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Btw. Wtf is with the original version of NWO being replaced with a sub par remix on literally every streaming service?

I asked Paul a couple weeks ago. He said he had no idea.

DVYDRNS
10-18-2016, 03:06 PM
I made a playlist with the only copy of the original I could find. https://open.spotify.com/user/joymode/playlist/1IsW9KV9wsALL1erweeGlW

imail724
10-18-2016, 04:06 PM
edit: nevermind. misread NWO for No W

Piko
10-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Edit - nm. Misunderstood something.

fillow
11-09-2016, 10:35 AM
Al announcing new anti-Republicans Ministry album in 3... 2... 1...

j/k

Maximilian
11-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Al announcing new anti-Republicans Ministry album in 3... 2... 1...

j/kBut true! I remember him claiming he makes his best albums when a Republican is president.

Sutekh
11-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Filth pig is absolutely more interesting than psalm 69. Scarecrow and Jesus built my hot rod aside, that album is hugely overrated. It sowed the seeds for the boring later metal albums

Senateguard33
11-13-2016, 06:07 PM
Not sure how I feel about a new Ministry album. I've been digging all of the early 80s stuff he's been releasing recently, so I would be stoked if he went back to the post punk/new wave stuff of the early days.

However, I just don't see anything good about another metal oriented album. The sound is tired and burnt out.

Space Suicide
11-13-2016, 06:15 PM
I can't fucking stand Dark Side of the Spoon. That album is such a snoozefest.

Prettybrokenspiral
11-13-2016, 06:29 PM
I can't fucking stand Dark Side of the Spoon. That album is such a snoozefest.

lol same :p

I remember I was mildly excited to hear it again when I ordered the vinyl issue of it from MOV a few years back. I hadn't heard it in at least a decade and I thought maybe I could warm to it in my older age. But there's next to nothing on that album worthy of one's time, even for diehard fans. 'Supermanic Soul' starts things off promising enough, but then the quality just drops like a stone after that. That 'Nursing Home' song that's like seven minutes long with the fucking banjo is practically insufferable..

Space Suicide
11-13-2016, 06:32 PM
lol same :p

I remember I was mildly excited to hear it again when I ordered the vinyl issue of it from MOV a few years back. I hadn't heard it in at least a decade and I thought maybe I could warm to it in my older age. But there's next to nothing on that album worthy of one's time, even for diehard fans. 'Supermanic Soul' starts things off promising enough, but then the quality just drops like a stone after that. That 'Nursing Home' song that's like seven minutes long with the fucking banjo is practically insufferable..

I have it in my iTunes library (along with all Ministry albums, EPS, Live, etc) and I think I might've listened to it maybe once or twice since I added it in when I first got into the band about 10 years ago. I still don't care for it. You're not alone.

For controversy for the trilogy "thrash albums" my favorites in order are: Rio Grande Blood, The Last Sucker then Houses of the Mole. I know most like Mole the best but I'm not big on it overall. The other two have way better tracks. The albums after Sucker suck ass.

Prettybrokenspiral
11-13-2016, 06:40 PM
For controversy for the trilogy "thrash albums" my favorites in order are: Rio Grande Blood, The last Sucker then Houses of the Mole. I know most like Mole the bets but I'm not big on it overall. The other two have way better tracks. The albums after Sucker suck ass.

Agree with all of this. Not a huge fan of his thrash trilogy -- because I discovered his 80s and 90s work in my teens -- but all three records are easily better than anything he's done in the last decade. He basically turned Ministry's legacy into a joke after bullshitting everyone about quitting after Last Sucker and filling 3/4 of his live setlist with the post-2003 thrash stuff.

What did you think of Animositisomina? I love that album almost as much as Filth Pig and his 80s albums. Unsung, Impossible, the title track...those are severely underrated Ministry classics

Space Suicide
11-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Agree with all of this. Not a huge fan of his thrash trilogy -- because I discovered his 80s and 90s work in my teens -- but all three records are easily better than anything he's done in the last decade. He basically turned Ministry's legacy into a joke after bullshitting everyone about quitting after Last Sucker and filling 3/4 of his live setlist with the post-2003 thrash stuff.

What did you think of Animositisomina? I love that album almost as much as Filth Pig and his 80s albums. Unsung, Impossible, the title track...those are severely underrated Ministry classics

I wasn't big on it really. I listened to it a few times but only really cared for Unsung and Piss. I had it until I traded it to @BenAkenobi (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=122) on here for his press of QOTSA's Era Vulgaris a few years ago haha!

My favorite Ministry albums are With Sympathy, Filth Pig and The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste.

If I want to hear terror at night in the dark I just toss this on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaM-j7pzWsg

This song always gave me creepy vibes/mindset.

ziltoid
11-13-2016, 06:45 PM
For me Animositisomina album is the worst of his material. It feels so aimless and empty, at least with his last albums it has conviction in it and he believes what he is saying on those albums.
Now some of the songs from Animositisomina played live are actually pretty good which is odd considering that most of the time when he plays live its so fucking loud and it really takes a good recording engineer to try and get the dynamics of those songs to shine through the loudness.

henryeatscereal
11-13-2016, 07:27 PM
I think the best one is "The Mind is a terrible thing to taste", "Psalm" is also great but it's no better than "Mind...".

I do like "Dark Side of the Spoon", but i can't get into "Animositisomina".

Prettybrokenspiral
11-13-2016, 08:48 PM
I wasn't big on it really. I listened to it a few times but only really cared for Unsung and Piss. I had it until I traded it to @BenAkenobi (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=122) on here for his press of QOTSA's Era Vulgaris a few years ago haha!

My favorite Ministry albums are With Sympathy, Filth Pig and The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste.

If I want to hear terror at night in the dark I just toss this on:

This song always gave me creepy vibes/mindset.

Cannibal Song off TMIATTTT always gave me the willies. That album and LORAH were his peak.

Have you ever heard Twitched, that alternate version of Twitch that surfaced about 10 years back? I always thought that provided a pretty nice bridge between the original album and where he went with the next two albums..

Space Suicide
11-13-2016, 09:11 PM
Cannibal Song off TMIATTTT always gave me the willies. That album and LORAH were his peak.

Have you ever heard Twitched, that alternate version of Twitch that surfaced about 10 years back? I always thought that provided a pretty nice bridge between the original album and where he went with the next two albums..

I think I got it in a folder somewhere. I'll give a look and listen if I do.

ziltoid
11-13-2016, 11:12 PM
It's been such a long time since I listened to it that I guess it's worth another shot and to give it another chance and maybe, hopefully, it clicks with me.
I'll take some time tomorrow and give it a fair chance and see how it goes.
I'll try to resist jumping back to Filth Pig or Twitch/ed , which is what I usually do when I listen to any ministry album, aside from other songs that are miscellaneous/one-offs like Tonight we Murder etc.

Piko
11-13-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty mixed towards Animositisomnia. Some good songs, some bad ones. HOTM is a great album from start to finish. Rio is alright. Sucker sucked but at a couple of moments. The thrash stuff really just lacks direction and all it's really focused on is how fast and heavy they can go instead of making good music. I think Filth Pig is one of the best albums, ever. Prime era for me is 86-96, including all side projects (cocks, lard, pailhead, etc.).

How long until we get our trump album? I'm sure it's inevitable. I just hope it's better than the bush stuff and that we don't get three regurgitated albums of it. He seems more together these days, so i'm a little more optimistic.

Sutekh
11-14-2016, 06:57 AM
The meth machine album showed promise, a willingness to step away from the formulaic thrash stuff

Don't get me wrong, I own every slayer album up until christ illusion, but that's not what I go to ministry for. I remain semi convinced he puts that stuff out because if you endear yourself to the metal subculture it generates a steady income - the mags will interview you, the euro festivals will book you every summer, etc

But yeah meth machine showed a willingness to branch out a bit more (I loved "I'm invisible"), and even the last ministry album, whilst largely more of the same, had a few beams of light here and there

In all honesty though I just want retrospective stuff and live shows tied in with it - vinyl boxed set, blu Ray reissues of the live videos (incl. The cocks one)

imail724
11-14-2016, 11:21 AM
I think if it wasn't for the cringe-worthy lyrics and the ridiculous cookie monster vocals From Beer To Eternity could have been the best Ministry album in over a decade. But because of those flaws I find it just as unlistenable as Relapse.

ziltoid
11-14-2016, 12:36 PM
The meth machine album showed promise, a willingness to step away from the formulaic thrash stuff

But yeah meth machine showed a willingness to branch out a bit more (I loved "I'm invisible"), and even the last ministry album, whilst largely more of the same, had a few beams of light here and there

You see to me, an I agree with you here, that it would be better for him to find a partner that could challenge him and extract that essential element that makes his music better.
Look at all of his collaborations, most of them are amazing and down right unique and endearing.
He doesn't need enablers, he needs someone that pushes him to perfection, he has and I say this lightly, he has become stuck in a rut.
Meth Machine, Rev Co. and to some extent the remix albums, shows that he is willing to branch out and try something new he just needs to elaborate those ideas better and surround himself with people that could potentially achieve that.
(The same could be said about K.M.F.D.M.)

wizfan
11-15-2016, 12:30 AM
I loved "I'm invisible"

Listening to Surgical Meth Machine now, right after reading your post. The beginning of "I'm Invisible" caught me completely off-guard. I thought that another artist was in my playlist. I never thought I'd hear a 2016 song from Al that sounds remotely like this (even the left-field tracks of From Beer to Eternity were ruined by the vox and lyrics, as @imail724 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=207) pointed out).

Piko
11-15-2016, 11:57 PM
Listening to Surgical Meth Machine now, right after reading your post. The beginning of "I'm Invisible" caught me completely off-guard. I thought that another artist was in my playlist. I never thought I'd hear a 2016 song from Al that sounds remotely like this (even the left-field tracks of From Beer to Eternity were ruined by the vox and lyrics, as @imail724 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=207) pointed out).

I was caught completely off guard by "I'm Invisible". I was expecting it to be a metal song. Then the guitars picked up, and it never picked up. Awesome song though. Al proves yet again that he can actually still sing. I'm optimistic that we could get a good ministry album. He's sober-ish, more open minded towards older material, and seems to be willing to try new things. Hopefully, i'm right.

imail724
11-16-2016, 03:15 PM
I'm Invisible is a pretty decent song. It's just a shame you have to get through the rest of that album to get to it; a task I could not complete...

Sutekh
11-16-2016, 04:05 PM
I've just noticed he often has a wistful one off... you could string them together and they'd make a fairly cohesive album - scarecrow, worm, lay lady lay, I'm invisible etc

EndlessLoveless
11-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Im a huge Ministry fan most of the time. Filth Pig is number one for me and doesnt have a bad moment, its perfect. A lot of DSOTS is great but others...not so much. Supermanic, whip and chain, bad blood, kaif, vex and 10/10 being the good tracks. Animositisomina was great when it came out but i hardley revisit it. But the title track and the light pours out of me are the ones i revisit. The bush trilogy has a bunch of good songs mixed with a bunch of bad ones. The first 2 being the best. Everything after that is unlistenable to me except.......on from beer to eternity we get a glimpse of old ministry. Peasants is good and there is a part in Change of Luck, towards the end, that is absolutely gorgeous. The part where he sings "your luck is gonna change, its gonna go from bad to strange.... Fuck al, make an album like that. Its hard but synthy without the cookie monster vocals. Its such a short moment though, i would love to loop it and have a 2 minute track of just that part. So good.

I also think Psalm 69 is a little overrated. Everything before it is great and i love With Sympathy. Did i cover everything?

Piko
11-16-2016, 11:42 PM
No Eureka Pile?! That's probably my favorite songs off DSOTS. I honestly can't remember the last time I even listened to Animostisomnia. Light Pours out of Me is easily the best song off that album. Piss being another one. Not a bad album at all. Just very average. I agree that Psalm 69 is overrated. It's still a great album though. Far from their best though. Bush Trilogy could have just been one or two albums. Rio and Suck combined would probably be a pretty good album. Eternity was a lot more Ministry sounding one in years. Not a fan of the cookie monster vocals. Especially when he can still sing and scream.

ChipRock
01-20-2017, 10:29 AM
Holy crap. Heads up UK people. Just seen, via Flag Promotions, that Revolting Cocks will be playing London this summer. I've been hoping for this for a while now, but wasn't sure it would happen. Presumably this is the same as last year's US shows, with Chris, Paul, Richard and Luc.

Oh, and as I suspected, this will be a side show for an appearance at Infest, Bradford. I missed Cocksure last time around, but there's no way I'm missing this. WHHOOOO!

imail724
01-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Interesting that they're being billed as the Revolting Cocks again, rather than "The Cocks" like they were when they toured the states.

Shadaloo
03-22-2017, 01:58 PM
So new Ministry is still happening, and Arabian Prince (Ex NWA) is involved. There's a video up on their Facebook of the guy in the studio doing some scratching over what sounds like some very sludgy tunes.

Color me...intrigued.

imail724
03-22-2017, 02:05 PM
So new Ministry is still happening, and Arabian Prince (Ex NWA) is involved. There's a video up on their Facebook of the guy in the studio doing some scratching over what sounds like some very sludgy tunes.

Color me...intrigued.Link (https://www.facebook.com/WeAreMinistry/videos/1384182308269706/). Actually sounds like it could be kind of cool. Then again, wouldn't be the first time a recent Al project sounded like it could have potential but then ended up being just another steaming pile of turds.

Piko
03-22-2017, 05:09 PM
After hearing his Meth Machine stuff, I'm a little more optimistic. That's not saying too much though.

henryeatscereal
03-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Surgical Meth Machine was good, i would rather have another album with that project than Ministry, i'm tired of all the "death" and "resurrections" of the band.
Unless Paul Barker is back i'm not interested...

Piko
03-23-2017, 12:33 PM
Man, if only Barker would come back. Talk about going 360.

Shadaloo
03-23-2017, 01:41 PM
At this point, the only thing I really hope for in terms of Ministry releases is more archival vault demos and live recordings from the 80's. Given the tapes Wax Trax has been showing off on their facebook there's a lot that could feasibly see release in the future.

Piko
03-23-2017, 01:59 PM
I'm still in the mindset that Al still has it in him to make good music. He just doesn't care enough. But he's a lot more "there" than he was before rehab. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

MrLobster
03-25-2017, 10:48 PM
Not related to anything current, but I picked up "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)" vinyl reissue that just came out... still killer.

wizfan
03-27-2017, 02:54 PM
They're coming to Greece! I'm going to see them for the first time ever!

Shadaloo
05-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Brace yourself.

The title

of the new

Ministry

album

is

AmeriKKKant (http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ministry)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa ohhhh god it hurts

(also the sample sounds like metal)

Piko
05-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Brace yourself.

The title

of the new

Ministry

album

is

AmeriKKKant (http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/ministry)

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa ohhhh god it hurts

(also the sample sounds like metal)

......think I'm done...

Edit:

Oh my god. Some of these pledges. 5000-7000 bucks for a "producer credit". What does that even mean? There's one for 500 to just have your name listed. But if you spend an extra 4500, you will get a producer credit.

I think AL might have finally done it this time. Holy shit...

fillow
05-25-2017, 06:58 PM
uhh... the sample? I guess the title of the song is Just One FiKKKs?
It sounds really nice, but does Al really thinKKKs this ripoff not gonna be noticed?

Piko
05-25-2017, 08:11 PM
Same guy who's thinking someone might pay him 10k to remix their stuff... doubt he cares. When did he become such a joke?

henryeatscereal
05-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Wish he continued with Surgical Meth Machine, and stops pissing on Ministry's legacy...

Piko
05-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Al is so out of touch. Why think someone would pay so much for you? Overpriced concerts, etc. This isn't 1990. Washed up al isn't worth what he thinks he is.

wizfan
05-26-2017, 08:43 AM
I will be seeing them live in Greece next Friday. Steep price (29 euros!). It's the first (and maybe last?) time they'll be here, and I've never seen them live, so... yeah, Al can have my money. I will post a setlist and pics here after the show.

I'd buy AmeriKKKant only if it featured Paul.

Piko
05-26-2017, 09:59 AM
I'm probably going to pass on this one. Sample wasn't terrible. Whole thing just says to me "fuck you give me money".

Maximilian
05-26-2017, 11:41 AM
I'll buy it first day out just like have all the albums since Filth Pig, but certainly not for $20.

virushopper
05-26-2017, 01:19 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kMfLvv/Ministry.png

Bummer, I wanted him to write me them lyrics from "I wanted to tell her".

Reaps
05-26-2017, 01:30 PM
Weird hearing a band ripping off their own music. Also, Al is the only artist i know of that can put me off an album by the title alone.

imail724
05-26-2017, 01:31 PM
https://image.ibb.co/kMfLvv/Ministry.png

Bummer, I wanted him to write me them lyrics from "I wanted to tell her".
What about songs from around that era but not on the album? Wonder if he'd do Same Old Madness, or something like that. Not that I'd ever pay that much for something like that anyway.

Piko
05-26-2017, 03:12 PM
He seems OK with anything before and after 83. So maybe. Should him to write out Primental ;)

armogi
05-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Weird hearing a band ripping off their own music.

Hummmm Manson? :)

fillow
05-26-2017, 06:17 PM
What about songs from around that era but not on the album? Wonder if he'd do Same Old Madness, or something like that. Not that I'd ever pay that much for something like that anyway.
I've got a better idea: pick a song co-written and sung by Paul (Useless, Vex & Siolence, Stolen)

NotoriousTIMP
05-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Weird hearing a band ripping off their own music. Also, Al is the only artist i know of that can put me off an album by the title alone.

What about Marilyn Manson?

virushopper
05-28-2017, 12:33 PM
A buddy of mines saw Ministry last night at Danzig's festival and told me they played "Bad Blood" last night. I guess either Al is getting comfortable playing these songs again or he got bored playing the same songs for the past decade.

virushopper
05-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Footage of new song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JoQNxty80g&feature=youtu.be

Space Suicide
05-28-2017, 09:09 PM
I miss old Ministry. I wish the band would've died/retired after The Last Sucker like planned. I loved Rio Grande Blood actually....

Everything from Relapse to now has been horseshit.

AmeriKKKant? What in the fuck is that?

SM Rollinger
05-28-2017, 10:17 PM
I dig the new track.

Anybody else going to Riotfest? What do you think the odds are that they would be one of the bands playing a full album? Slim to none IMO but if they did it would likely be Psalm 69, and that would be mind blowing.

Regardless Al looks healthy and sounds good, i havent seen Ministry since 2003, so im friggin psyched.

(correct me if im wrong, but i don't think NIN and Ministry have ever played a festival together)

Shadaloo
05-29-2017, 10:42 AM
Okay, you know what...Antifa's not bad. Nothing ground-breaking, predictable, but It's definitely not thrashy. Noting the logo in the background, it looks like the font they were using through the Filth Pig -Animositietc years. Seems like a kind of drive to return to that sound, which I'm not going to argue with.

Al DOES look good and seemed in a good mood. That's promising.

I may wind up finally seeing Ministry if the likes of Bad Blood are being played...

SM Rollinger
06-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Jeebus, last night Greece got Supermaniac Soul AND friggin FILTH PIG!

Keep on playing the hits Al!

imail724
06-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Vocals almost sound pre-recorded. If not, he does sound really good.

fillow
06-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Vocals almost sound pre-recorded. If not, he does sound really good.
Many people actually accuse Al of lip syncing recently. Where there's smoke...

slave2thewage
06-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Out of curiosity, when was the last time they brought out the big hits (Stigmata and JBMH)?

virushopper
06-02-2017, 10:55 AM
Out of curiosity, when was the last time they brought out the big hits (Stigmata and JBMH)?
Stigmata was last played on the 2006 tour

JBMH was last played on the 2003 (or 04?) tour. Even then it was just for special occasions.

wizfan
06-02-2017, 11:23 AM
Second Greek day today. See you in a few hours, hopefully with lots of pics of Al and Co-Conspirators.

wizfan
06-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Yup, I saw Supermanic Soul and Filth Pig live. I was in front row and got to shake Al's sweaty-ass hand. Incredibly noisy and loud concert. Enjoyed every minute of it, even during the FBTE or Bush Trilogy songs (they translate very well live with this lineup). The projector would show stuff like Trump being punched in the face (guess the song) and Hillary spewing flames from her mouth; also, a video comparing Trump's facial expressions to those of Charles Manson. First time I heard Antifa, too, as I skipped the Pledgemusic stream. Before the song, Al said: "Up until now, we never had an Antifa movement in America, because we had a lot of asshole presidents, but we've never had a fascist president until now. We aim to make the Antifa movement bigger."

I didn't notice him lip-syncing that much. His screams felt good and real. I liked that they pulled a trifecta of NWO, Just One Fix and Thieves, though they played them somewhat slower, so that Al could keep up with his guitar. He played the harmonica on Filth Pig and another track whose name escapes me right now. He was reading the lyrics of Supermanic Soul from a notebook. There were actually two keyboard-sampler players onstage. Loved that the drum kit had that Ministry drum sound. I wanted them to end the concert with Stigmata, but they had to end it with Khyber Pass. Gah. Still, I had tons of fun. I finally saw Ministry live. My ears are ringing, but not as much as I thought they would. Going to bed now. This is the only picture I took from the show. Bye, ETS.

EDIT: I was wrong about two keyboardists being on stage. The other "computer and console guy" was in charge of the video projections.

http://i.imgur.com/lp49D6e.jpg

Piko
06-03-2017, 02:04 AM
Wow. Never would've imagined he'd dust off those songs. Sounds like a blast. I almost bought the new album. A little reluctant. Probably will though.

virushopper
06-05-2017, 11:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWQEJMgDWCY&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDXAc11bFjo

wizfan
06-05-2017, 12:23 PM
The full show I attended:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1-5m-mrUvs

SM Rollinger
06-06-2017, 12:23 AM
If there is one classic I want Al to break out of the vault its BURNING INSIDE.

Or Breathe, god im glad I got to see that in 03. They used the same visuals that you see on the ICYDFLSU performance, with the oil refineries. That was the last show I was up on the rail for, I remember myself and everybody else singing along with everything including the samples. My girlfriend at the time was inbetween the rail and myself, and she told me afterwards that she was starting to get upset with me because of the long hair, sweaty headbanging going on from me and the rest of the crowd.

Breathe was the first song of the encore, followed IIRC by Stigmata and The Light Pours Out Of Me. mind BLOWN!!!

Seriously though guys, it was like being before GODS (AL UND PAUL)

Nowdays I just like to focus on getting the best possible recording I can at shows, no crazy circle pits or rails for me anymore.

(the last pit I went into was a ridiculous 50 foot wide circle for Fear Factory in 2004, once they came out and started the opening loop for Demanufacture, I wasnt going to miss out!!! )

henryeatscereal
06-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I would love to hear "Breathe" with the double drum intro like ICYDFLSU

Shadaloo
07-04-2017, 12:19 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH....

So this is a thing that is happening: Live Necronomicon, (https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/live-necronomicon) from the Feb. 22, 1990 show, AKA the same show as In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up - full length show minus Stainless Steel Providers. Dated for Sept. 1 but copies are already available on Cleopatra's Ebay store (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINISTRY-LIVE-NECRONOMICON-LP-Lim-Edit-White-Vinyl-Al-Jourgensen-Industrial-/112461965636?hash=item1a2f416944:g:v5MAAOSwFqNZVZC s). :) No word on a CD release yet.

henryeatscereal
07-04-2017, 02:23 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH....

So this is a thing that is happening: Live Necronomicon, (https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/live-necronomicon) from the Feb. 22, 1990 show, AKA the same show as In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up - full length show minus Stainless Steel Providers. Dated for Sept. 1 but copies are already available on Cleopatra's Ebay store (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINISTRY-LIVE-NECRONOMICON-LP-Lim-Edit-White-Vinyl-Al-Jourgensen-Industrial-/112461965636?hash=item1a2f416944:g:v5MAAOSwFqNZVZC s). :) No word on a CD release yet.
wow! i'm so getting this one! I had no idea they played "Public Image" in the full show!

tony_crisp
07-05-2017, 09:33 PM
I love that part in Al's book when he talked about the violin player in the studio that wasn't wearing any panties.

MrLobster
07-05-2017, 09:59 PM
SPEAKING OF WHICH....

Shit fuck yeah! Just ordered that. It will go nicely with that remastered "In Cast You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up" I picked up earlier in the year.

ChipRock
07-06-2017, 04:31 AM
Re: Live Necronomicon - Shit. I said I wouldn't buy any more music this month, but there's no way I can refuse this. Cheers for the heads up.

Presumably there's a reason why this isn't being advertised as the same show as In Case... - probably best to get in quick, er, 'in case' a rights issue crops up here.

roolfdriht
07-06-2017, 02:27 PM
If you order the LP on Bandcamp (https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/live-necronomicon), you can get a digital copy immediately (I have not compared pricing vs. eBay or other outlets, however).

Based on a quick initial listen, this doesn't sound to me like the "In Case..." show, remastered or otherwise, but I could very well be mistaken. Has anyone else acquired a copy and done an actual cross-comparison?

Separately, I'd love to know the full story behind the back catalog rights and what Warner Music, Cleo, Al et al own vs. license at this point. As happy as I am for recordings like this to see the light of day, it's hard not to wish that they were being handled by anyone but Cleo...

imail724
07-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Oh shit, I clicked that link earlier and it said they were sold out. Jumping on it now!

MrLobster
07-06-2017, 06:30 PM
Re: Live Necronomicon - Shit. I said I wouldn't buy any more music this month, but there's no way I can refuse this. Cheers for the heads up.

Presumably there's a reason why this isn't being advertised as the same show as In Case... - probably best to get in quick, er, 'in case' a rights issue crops up here.

Just compared the digital of Live Necronomicon vs. In Case for the song So What... to me, they sound like different performances...

fillow
07-06-2017, 06:48 PM
People over at Prongs are saying that In Case had a bunch of post-production overdubs, particularly the vocal parts (and So What is one the songs that got noticeably affected), whereas this new release is supposedly had all of those removed.

MrLobster
07-06-2017, 07:37 PM
People over at Prongs are saying that In Case had a bunch of post-production overdubs, particularly the vocal parts (and So What is one the songs that got noticeably affected), whereas this new release is supposedly had all of those removed.

Might be what I'm hearing.

DVYDRNS
07-06-2017, 10:06 PM
yup. this is the show without all the overdubs. you can actually hear Connelly, ogre and mckaye

the Pailhead tracks are epic.

imail724
07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Just got notification that it shipped already. I thought it wasn't supposed to ship until the end of August.

Shadaloo
07-07-2017, 05:52 PM
MEANWHILE

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/jermz17/tab_width_zpszkrini78.jpg

imail724
07-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Is she facepalming because of the current state of the US or is it because she heard the album?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

imail724
07-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Has anyone received their Live Necronomicon records yet? I saw a few people on facebook posting about getting theirs but I haven't gotten mine yet and I don't see anything in the way of a tracking number.

ziltoid
07-16-2017, 10:30 AM
I had no idea about the re-release/remastered of In Case you didn't feel like showing up/Live Necronomicon (I love the Evil Dead reference btw).
I just bought the vinyl and got my download of it and holy shit does it sound amazing!
Thanks to you all about posting about it cause I would never had found out about it otherwise.
I'd kick myself repeatedly if I had missed the limited Vinyl of Live Necronomicon.

I just wonder if maybe someone out there could provide a high quality version of Stainless Steel Providers that closely matches the mix from the live album?
I imagine they omitted it since maybe there was an issue getting it cleared for the vinyl, or mastering the copy they have, possibly?
or maybe it just didn't maybe the cut since there is a limited amount of space they could fit it on to the vinyl?

DVYDRNS
07-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Has anyone received their Live Necronomicon records yet? I saw a few people on facebook posting about getting theirs but I haven't gotten mine yet and I don't see anything in the way of a tracking number.

Mine just showed up Thursday out of the blue.

DVYDRNS
07-16-2017, 11:08 AM
In other cool news. Paul texted me yesterday to show me he was using the death by audio pedals I gave him, on the new Malekko material.

If anyone’s wondering. That’s our NAMM edition fuzzwar and our new evil filter. Which kind of was inspired by the pedal Reznor had us design for him.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170716/eab2568d704a31309feb386516552e6b.jpg

virushopper
07-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Ministry and Death Grips will be touring together this fall. Ministry themselves also have a new album titled “AmeriKKKant” in the works as well with release details pending.
10/13 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
10/14 Philadelphia, PA – Electric Factory
10/16 Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Steel
10/17 New York, NY – Terminal 5
10/19 Silver Spring, MD – The Fillmore
10/20 Cleveland, OH – Agora Theatre
10/21 Pittsburgh, PA – Stage AE
10/23 Royal Oak, MI – Royal Oak Music Theater
10/24 Columbus, OH – Express Live
10/26 Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theatre
10/27 Kansas City, MO – Uptown Theater
10/29 Denver, CO – The Fillmore
10/30 Salt Lake City, UT – The Complex
11/01 Seattle, WA – Showbox Sodo
11/02 Portland, OR – Roseland Theater
11/04 Los Angeles, CA – The Hollywood Palladium
11/05 San Francisco, CA – The Warfield
11/07 Phoenix, AZ – The Van Buren
11/08 Albuquerque, NM – El Rey Theater
11/10 Houston, TX – White Oak Music Hall
11/11 Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Live!

wizfan
07-17-2017, 01:36 PM
Ministry and Death Grips will be touring together this fall

...which means that Death Grips will break up again before the tour starts.

thefragile_jake
07-17-2017, 01:45 PM
Super disappointed that I'll be in Chicago the weekend of the Kansas City date. I've never had the chance to see Ministry live and while they're mainly a joke these days, I still highly regard those first mid 80s - early 90s records.

Death Grips live is an incredible experience and the fact it's a co-headling tour bums me out even more there's no St. Louis date. I'll be seeing Ariel Pink and John Maus that weekend in Chicago and while I'm beyond excited for that ... missing out on this is a little disappointing.

SM Rollinger
07-17-2017, 11:38 PM
October 26th, huh? might have to hit that up.

In other news, the up tempo version of Smothered Hope with Ogre on vox alone is worth the 9 bucks (minimum) for the new live album.

It makes me wonder if the original concept Al and company had for ICYDFLSU included all the guest spots, but Warner Bros dint want to shell out for clearances. Hmmmmmmmmm........

(feel free to chime in if you know anything about why the album originally had so many overdubs)

edit: and so little content

Krazy
07-18-2017, 12:15 AM
I've never had the chance to see Ministry live and while they're mainly a joke these days, I

Saw them for the first time about two years ago, it did not disappoint. Don't get Al confused with Manson.

Go see them while you can/it's too late.

imail724
07-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Mine just showed up Thursday out of the blue.
Hmm. Wondering if I should shoot them an email or keep waiting. Really wish I had some sort of tracking info or something.

DVYDRNS
07-18-2017, 10:53 AM
October 26th, huh? might have to hit that up.

In other news, the up tempo version of Smothered Hope with Ogre on vox alone is worth the 9 bucks (minimum) for the new live album.

It makes me wonder if the original concept Al and company had for ICYDFLSU included all the guest spots, but Warner Bros dint want to shell out for clearances. Hmmmmmmmmm........

(feel free to chime in if you know anything about why the album originally had so many overdubs)

edit: and so little content

it was a combination of clearances and they were marketing Al. Not these other wierd unheard of guys.

MrLobster
07-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Really dig the inclusion of "Breathe" and "The Land Of Rape & Honey". "Man Should Surrender" "Smothered Hope" and "The Power Of Lard" also worth it.

DVYDRNS
07-23-2017, 03:42 AM
Just saw ministry in San Luis Obispo. It was pretty great.

I don’t think Al was lip syncing very much. Maybe a bit here and there. But it seemed legit. I was center stage on the rail. So I was watching pretty closely.

They opened with filth pig. Played a bunch of older stuff. A bunch of molé and a few newer tracks. It was a good mix.

Right after this he threw his harmonica and I caught it. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170723/76f345d46cc56e64485c928cf003fd31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Airbornefeline
07-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Just saw ministry in San Luis Obispo. It was pretty great.

I don’t think Al was lip syncing very much. Maybe a bit here and there. But it seemed legit. I was center stage on the rail. So I was watching pretty closely.

is he generally known for lip syncing? I'm not super familiar with Ministry's work but there's a good chance I'll be seeing them with Death Grips in November

virushopper
07-23-2017, 06:35 PM
is he generally known for lip syncing? I'm not super familiar with Ministry's work but there's a good chance I'll be seeing them with Death Grips in November
Not every song but there are some where it happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYVQ7Mrlxqo

Jump to the song "No W" and you will get an idea on that.

SM Rollinger
07-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Opening with Filth Pig? Classy move Al.

Now we just need to get WE BELIEVE back on the setlist!

DVYDRNS
07-24-2017, 01:29 AM
From last night

https://youtu.be/Dg8fthewGeA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ziltoid
08-09-2017, 09:59 AM
I'm busy at work but I got an email about some sort of Peter Hook from New Order and Ministry collaboration.

Am i reading this right?
is it worth buying the vinyl?
https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/dancing-madly-backwards

Jon
08-09-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm busy at work but I got an email about some sort of Peter Hook from New Order and Ministry collaboration.

Am i reading this right?
https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/album/dancing-madly-backwards

That looks to be a split rather than a collaboration.

imail724
08-09-2017, 11:46 AM
I wonder if this is a new recording or another unearthed song from the vault. If it is new, I am ok if this is the direction of the new album. Sounds like it could be off of DSOTS.

Senateguard33
08-09-2017, 11:59 AM
I just wonder if maybe someone out there could provide a high quality version of Stainless Steel Providers that closely matches the mix from the live album?
I imagine they omitted it since maybe there was an issue getting it cleared for the vinyl, or mastering the copy they have, possibly?
or maybe it just didn't maybe the cut since there is a limited amount of space they could fit it on to the vinyl?

The live version (from the same show) of Stainless Steel Providers is out there on a few different releases. The one that has the closest mastering is from the Ryko re-issue of Revco's You Goddamn Son of a Bitch. Just grab that one and throw it in between Stigmata and Public Image. It should line up correctly. https://www.discogs.com/Revolting-Cocks-You-Goddamned-Son-Of-A-Bitch-Live-At-The-Metro-Chicago-AB/release/360839. The track says it was recorded in Glasglow (and in Texas on other releases) but it is in fact, from the same show as "Necronomicon".

It was left off due to time. There were also two spoken word segments from Jello Biafra that were left off as well. There's a CD version that's coming out, but no idea if it's the full show or just the same tracklist as the vinyl.

Separately, I'd love to know the full story behind the back catalog rights and what Warner Music, Cleo, Al et al own vs. license at this point. As happy as I am for recordings like this to see the light of day, it's hard not to wish that they were being handled by anyone but Cleo...

Al owns everything that was released on Wax Trax! & 13th Planet. As far as I know he doesn't have the rights to anything on Arista, Warner/Sire or Sanctuary. That being said, those labels only own the performances/versions that they released, hence why Al can get away with releasing alternate versions, demos, unreleased live recordings, etc. He's been putting out back-catalog stuff through Cleopatra. I have no idea what label the new Ministry album is coming out on, since 13th Planet is now defunct.

I have to say that Cleopatra is doing a fantastic job with their Ministry releases. They don't have the best reputation, but they've put a lot of thought and time into this stuff. I'd like to consider myself an "early Ministry history buff" and they did a FANTASTIC job with the Trax! Box release. They reached out to hardcore fans, past band members, associates and really pulled everything together nicely. Hands down one of the best box sets of all time, at least in my book.

ziltoid
08-09-2017, 04:51 PM
The live version (from the same show) of Stainless Steel Providers is out there on a few different releases. The one that has the closest mastering is from the Ryko re-issue of Revco's You Goddamn Son of a Bitch. Just grab that one and throw it in between Stigmata and Public Image. It should line up correctly. https://www.discogs.com/Revolting-Cocks-You-Goddamned-Son-Of-A-Bitch-Live-At-The-Metro-Chicago-AB/release/360839. The track says it was recorded in Glasglow (and in Texas on other releases) but it is in fact, from the same show as "Necronomicon".

It was left off due to time. There were also two spoken word segments from Jello Biafra that were left off as well. There's a CD version that's coming out, but no idea if it's the full show or just the same tracklist as the vinyl.

Al owns everything that was released on Wax Trax! & 13th Planet. As far as I know he doesn't have the rights to anything on Arista, Warner/Sire or Sanctuary. That being said, those labels only own the performances/versions that they released, hence why Al can get away with releasing alternate versions, demos, unreleased live recordings, etc. He's been putting out back-catalog stuff through Cleopatra. I have no idea what label the new Ministry album is coming out on, since 13th Planet is now defunct.

I have to say that Cleopatra is doing a fantastic job with their Ministry releases. They don't have the best reputation, but they've put a lot of thought and time into this stuff. I'd like to consider myself an "early Ministry history buff" and they did a FANTASTIC job with the Trax! Box release. They reached out to hardcore fans, past band members, associates and really pulled everything together nicely. Hands down one of the best box sets of all time, at least in my book.

Do you or does anyone else have a copy of all the songs that were once collected from all the Prongs track of the week?
The stand out track that I can remember on that compilation was a version of Premental Live that sounded like came right around the With Sympathy and Twitch era.
I've searched everywhere for a torrent but I can't find it and if I do it seems to be dead.

Senateguard33
08-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Do you or does anyone else have a copy of all the songs that were once collected from all the Prongs track of the week?
The stand out track that I can remember on that compilation was a version of Premental Live that sounded like came right around the With Sympathy and Twitch era.
I've searched everywhere for a torrent but I can't find it and if I do it seems to be dead.

I'm sure I have some of them backed up on a hard drive somewhere. I'll dig around and see what's there.

That live version of Primental was officially released on the "Chicago 1982" LP, which is part of the Trax! Box set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBT1tWHqD3U

For me the most interesting Song of the Week material was the recordings from 1981-1990, which I think has all been officially released by Cleopatra in much better quality.

ChipRock
08-10-2017, 04:27 AM

Woah. Just had a listen to this. The Hooky version is rather enjoyable, and this lead me to think that perhaps the Ministry version might be good too. But no. Another move away from the 'this is literally the best thing ever if you're a 15 year old boy living at home' speed metal vibe, which can only be a good thing, but instead it sounds like something you heard your Dad's mate's generic rock covers band do down the pub at the weekend. Sigh.

DVYDRNS
08-18-2017, 12:13 AM
This got delivered a few days back. haven't gotten around to it till tonight.

I like it. I thought it was something unearthed from the old days... but no. apparently this is new...

I gotta say, its way better than anything Al has put out since Paul left. jmtc.

Senateguard33
08-22-2017, 02:01 PM
I plan on picking it up eventually. I like Peter Hook's version as well. It's a bit pricey for just two songs, but I'll definitely get it when it goes down in price.

pakalypse
08-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Anyone wondering about what Paul Barker has been up to can listen to my interview with him for the Cold Waves festival. He performed a Lead into Gold set 2 years back and will be performing as Malekko this year with Chris Connelly:

https://soundcloud.com/coldwavessoundcheck/615-malekko

imail724
08-24-2017, 02:40 PM
will be performing as Malekko this year with Chris Connelly:
What is that? New band with just them two?!!?

DVYDRNS
08-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Its Chris, Paul and his business partner Joshua.

Its kinda Lead into Gold, Kinda Skinny Puppy, Kinda Revolting Cocks.

I just hung out at his shop / studio a couple months back and got a pretty quick little run down.

imail724
08-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Its Chris, Paul and his business partner Joshua.

Its kinda Lead into Gold, Kinda Skinny Puppy, Kinda Revolting Cocks.

I just hung out at his shop / studio a couple months back and got a pretty quick little run down.
Well that's exciting. I always thought Paul should just joing Cocksure, as I feel they're the closest thing to classic Revolting Cocks we're ever gonna get. I was really looking forward to Bells Into Machines for that reason and that ended up being pretty terrible IMO. Definitely looking forward to this new project, the song you played was pretty cool.

DVYDRNS
08-24-2017, 02:50 PM
which song?

imail724
08-24-2017, 03:31 PM
which song?
Whoops, thought you were the guy that posted that interview. This is the song: https://malekko.bandcamp.com/track/im-slowly-breathing-listen

Senateguard33
08-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Thanks for linking the new track, I really like it. Glad to see Malekko back in the works. I shared this over at Prongs a well.

SM Rollinger
08-25-2017, 12:38 AM
Thanks for linking the new track, I really like it. Glad to see Malekko back in the works. I shared this over at Prongs a well.
Ive been lurking over at prongs forever, that Knowledge Base for Unreleased Tracks has always facinated me. I have some of those tracks, always been interested in those Filth Pig era tracks.

Ive also wondered whats in the vault from the Mind / Psalm era. There has gotta be something...

Senateguard33
08-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Ive been lurking over at prongs forever, that Knowledge Base for Unreleased Tracks has always facinated me. I have some of those tracks, always been interested in those Filth Pig era tracks.

Ive also wondered whats in the vault from the Mind / Psalm era. There has gotta be something...

I'm realmdemagic over at prongs, glad you liked the knowledge base! That was a ton of research and digging around.

I'm interested in the Filth Pig outtakes as well. I think the only thing that's surfaced is the acoustic set of covers from Bridgewater. The other stuff is just rumored. Most of the outtakes from the Sire period got re-used as something else. For example, the music for "Lion's Mouth" re-appeared as "Worthless" on HOTM.

I haven't been able to turn up anything from the "Mind" era. Chris Connelly said that alot of the Wax Trax side projects are Ministry outtakes, so things like PTP and Acid Horse might be from the Mind sessions. Supernaut is, for sure.

Maximilian
08-26-2017, 07:52 AM
I've been lurking over there for probably 7-8 years, haha. Need to join one day. I've seen the name realdemagic.

renton44
08-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Not sure if it has been reported here or not, but vinyl releases of Animositsomina (red vinyl), Spinctour (blue vinyl) and Houses of the Mole (clear or silver vinyl, not sure) are due 9/22/2017. Preorders are up via Bullmoose, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Not sure if every store is getting colored or black vinyl though.

Senateguard33
09-05-2017, 02:10 AM
Nice! I knew they were coming out, but not as colored vinyl. I'll need to pick those up.

MrLobster
09-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Not sure if it has been reported here or not, but vinyl releases of Animositsomina (red vinyl), Spinctour (blue vinyl) and Houses of the Mole (clear or silver vinyl, not sure) are due 9/22/2017. Preorders are up via Bullmoose, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Not sure if every store is getting colored or black vinyl though.

Houses I'm looking forward to picking up...

renton44
09-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Houses I'm looking forward to picking up...

Cheapest I have found all three is at collector's choice vinyl:

http://www.ccvinyl.com/search?q=Ministry&mod=AP

SM Rollinger
09-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Ministry kicked ass at riotfest! Al brought the rock and did not dissaapoint. They even played Bad Blood!

I recorded the entire set, ill post it up as soon as I can. Anyone who wants a copy in FLAC, hit me up.

Space Suicide
09-17-2017, 05:03 PM
So its safe to assume he's not being neglectful to his 1992-1999 output as much anymore huh?

virushopper
09-30-2017, 10:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQGm9zvI-ic

Senateguard33
10-03-2017, 02:13 PM
So its safe to assume he's not being neglectful to his 1992-1999 output as much anymore huh?

I know Just One Fix & NWO have been in the set list for years.

Thieves is another regular, and the earliest song they'll perform. I think they played Diety & The Missing at a couple of shows in the past couple years, but Al has more less stuck to the same setlist since 2006. (plus or minus a couple of songs whenever he puts out a new album)

A little frustrating. The Ministry I know and love is a juggernaut of so many different themes and styles. I want to hear Effigy and Bad Blood back to back, then Stigmata and Halloween. But ah, well. It is what it is, I guess.

henryeatscereal
10-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I don't see why he can't play "Burning Inside"

fillow
10-24-2017, 08:29 AM
They're playing another new song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOaCI7rTJvc

I think it's safe to assume that the new album is gonna be better than (at least) Relapse and FBTE.

Patrick_Nicholas
10-24-2017, 04:19 PM

I think it's safe to assume that the new album is gonna be better than (at least) Relapse and FBTE.

I think that Bush-era Al would agree. I remember reading in Revolver magazine circa 2007/2008, after Al had repeatedly stated in multiple issues that he had intended to retire Ministry after the Bush trilogy, that he pretty much admitted that he thought that his music sucked when the Democrats were in the White House, and didn't want to be releasing loads of crappy albums well into his twilight years. This was back when nobody actually thought that Donald fucking Trump of all people would get elected President. With all the chaos that's unfolding, I think it's safe to say that Al is feeling pretty inspired now, though I can only hope that we wouldn't have get to the point where he would feel the need to release a Trump trilogy to get through these times.

astfgyl
10-24-2017, 04:54 PM

It sounds almost exactly like latter day Killing Joke. Best I've heard from him in a very long time. The last 2 albums in particular were very very poor, but the rot had set in long before those, too. Thoroughly looking forward to hearing the album version of this.

SM Rollinger
10-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Is that the chinese rooster trump looking thing I see?

virushopper
11-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Has anyone catch this tour? I am debating on whether to go or not.

ton
11-01-2017, 07:00 PM
I've tried to get into this band a lot but can't for some reason.

Space Suicide
11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
I've tried to get into this band a lot but can't for some reason.

What albums/time frame?

ton
11-01-2017, 07:45 PM
What albums/time frame?

Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

I tried those two albums repeatedly since those are apparently their seminal works.

snichols
11-01-2017, 08:04 PM
my favs are twitch and land of rape and honey. give twitch a chance. its quite different.

Space Suicide
11-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste

I tried those two albums repeatedly since those are apparently their seminal works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jR-9o0cew

Don't like anything here you won't like them.

ChipRock
11-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I guess this should probably go here...

New Lead Into Gold for 2018!

Paul Barker has posted an update on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/435353426638822/videos/846082778899216/

Order details here: https://www.paulionbarker.com/lead-into-gold-pre-order/

Looking forward to hearing what's to come, and especially interested to see what a Lead Into Gold tour will involve.

imail724
11-09-2017, 01:40 PM
I welcome any new Paul material with open arms, but it's only two songs. Give us a new album!

Senateguard33
11-21-2017, 02:40 PM

That era of Ministry maybe. Some of us prefer that early dance/new wave sound!

eversonpoe
11-21-2017, 02:49 PM

With Sympathy is the only ministry album i like, and i love it.

Space Suicide
11-21-2017, 03:05 PM
With Sympathy is the only ministry album i like, and i love it.

It’s my favorite aside from the Mind... but it is great!

of course but when people try or go to listen to ministry they want the industrial rock/metal 90’s output usually.

Shadaloo
11-21-2017, 03:41 PM

Yeah, I've gotta say I disagree with this sentiment wholeheartedly, apologies. While it's true that Psalm is the quintessential "Little bit of everything they do in one box" album, I'd also say it doesn't quite do anything quite as well specifically that other albums do.

Reposting my earlier quick-summary list from a while ago in this very thread for anyone looking for a place to start:

With Sympathy - Synthpop
Twelve Inch Singles - Synthpop/New Wave
Twitch - Industrial pop/EBM
The Land Of Rape And Honey - Aggressive/Noise/Industrial/EBM
The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste - Industrial rock/metal
Psalm 69 - Industrial metal
Filth Pig - Industrial sludge/doom metal
Dark Side Of The Spoon - Industrial stoner sludge metal (it's a really weird album)
Animositisomina - Industrial rock/metal
Houses Of The Mole - Thrashy, moderately industrial metal
Rio Grande Blood and everything after - Thrash metal

It depends what you're into. Ministry have their fans of the 90's industrial period who generally look down on the thrash years (guilty), and I've met fans of the thrash period who look down on basically everything that came before. And you've got a considerable amount of folks who despite it all prefer the early synthpop/new wave sound.

Senateguard33
11-21-2017, 04:09 PM
I would say LORAH is their most well rounded album. While not pop oriented, it does have elements of the dance/funk stuff from the earlier days, the industrial/ebm sound from Twitch, and blue prints for the later metal stuff. I think Al even said it's his favorite Ministry album.

Now, their best work IMO is the Wax Trax period, which is best represented in that big Trax! Box set.

fillow
11-21-2017, 04:37 PM
If you're a fan of Twitch and Twelve Inch Singles era, check out the band Tackhead (featuring Adrian Sherwood and Keith LeBlanc) and LeBlanc's solo material, particularly from the 80s.

Leviathant
11-21-2017, 10:41 PM
I thought LORAH was okay, if held back a bit by the production values.

...which is why In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up is fucking fantastic.

henryeatscereal
11-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Top "6" Ministry:

1. In case you didn't feel like showing up (yeah i know it's a live album...)
2. The Mind is a terrible thing to taste
3. Psalm 69
4. The Land of Rape and Honey
5. With Sympathy

6. "everything else..."

Sutekh
11-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Top "6" Ministry:

2. The Mind is a terrible thing to taste
3. Psalm 69
4. The Land of Rape and Honey
5. With Sympathy

6. "everything else..."

Pretty much agreed although I'd put filth pig and twitch at joint third.

I've really really tried with the post barker stuff but nah

Piko
11-22-2017, 11:27 AM
For me, everything between 86-96 is gold.

LORAH
Mind
Filth Pig
Twitch
Psalm 69

MrLobster
11-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Top "6" Ministry:

Have you compared it against "Live Necronomicon"?

henryeatscereal
11-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Have you compared it against "Live Necronomicon"?
Oh yeah, i heard it

I loved the sound quality of it and i love the fact they released the whole concert, but oddly i prefer listening to "In case..." better, i don't know why...

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that i grew up with ICYDFLSU rather than "Necronomicon", so i'm accustomed to that particular lenght and tracklist.

Space Suicide
11-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Am I alone to say I HATE The Dark Side Of The Spoon entirely? There's not a single song I like or even enjoy on that album.

MrLobster
11-23-2017, 10:31 AM
i prefer listening to "In case..." better, i don't know why...

Might be the additional production involved. From what I understand, "In case" has a fair bit of work done to the the tracks in comparison to "Live".

henryeatscereal
11-23-2017, 11:02 AM
Might be the additional production involved. From what I understand, "In case" has a fair bit of work done to the the tracks in comparison to "Live".
Well the "Extra production" is one big factor on the original, these ar different versions.
The sound quality is different, that's for sure; the original album sounds a bit "dirtier", "Necronomicon" is more polished....

Am I alone to say I HATE The Dark Side Of The Spoon entirely? There's not a single song I like or even enjoy on that album.
Not me, i do like "Dak side...", it's not one of their best, but i do enjoy "Bad Blood", "Supermanic Soul" and "Eureka Pile".

But if we are talking about "Animositisomina", i feel similar, i think i only like one track (Animosity), the rest of the album i could live without...

Shadaloo
11-23-2017, 01:19 PM
I still need to pick up Live Necronomicon. I like In Case well enough but but it always miffed me that the CD omitted shows from the VHS. Thankfully some fans out there fixed that...

My Top 6 Ministry:

1. Twitch
2. Filth Pig
3. Twelve Inch Singles/Associated Trax Box material
4. LORAH
5. With Sympathy
6. The Mind...

Arcspiral
11-24-2017, 12:59 AM

Personally, I think Dark Side may be my favorite Ministry record. Well...at least in my top 3. "Kaif" and "Nursing Home" are pure Barker goodness and epitomize everything about that band that I love.

ChipRock
11-24-2017, 03:53 AM
"Kaif" and "Nursing Home" are pure Barker goodness and epitomize everything about that band that I love.

Hell yes. Those last four tracks are top level Ministry. Barker vocals on Vex & Siolence are a nice treat too. I'd skip the first half of the record I'm afraid, but overall I still prefer it over Filth Pig.

I'd certainly recommend Necronomicon if anyone hasn't picked it up yet. I still prefer the old In Case tracks in their 'original' versions (overdubs and all) but that is probably due to familiarity. Doesn't mean the rest of it isn't worth checking out. I particularly enjoyed the Lard tracks. Reminds me - I have the version of Breathe from the Just Say Da comp - keep meaning to compare it to the Necronomicon version. Assuming it may have had the same remixing and what not as In Case.

frankie teardrop
11-24-2017, 07:55 AM
12'' singles/wax trax box
with sympathy
twitch
land of rape and honey
mind is a terrible thing to taste
psalm 69
filth pig

out.

frankie teardrop
11-24-2017, 07:55 AM
i also love all the side stuff - RevCo, Lard, PTP, Acid Horse, etc.

Space Suicide
11-24-2017, 03:05 PM
i also love all the side stuff - RevCo, Lard, PTP, Acid Horse, etc.

https://winstonsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/album1990-lard1.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51YvwQXQaWL._SS500.jpg

<333333333333

SM Rollinger
11-30-2017, 11:22 AM
2 and a half months later....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgZyqeh7nnU

2017.09.15 Riot Fest Douglas Park Chicago IL
Recorded middle to stage, about 50 feet behind and to the side of the soundboard
Core Sound Stealthy Cardiods w/ windscreens to Tascam DR-05 to Audacity

01 Psalm 69
02 Punch in the Face
03 Antifa
04 Rio Grande Blood
05 Señor Peligro
06 Lies, Lies, Lies
07 Waiting
08 Bad Blood
09 NWO
10 Just One Fix
11 Theives
12 So What

This was my first time recording outside, I used my windscreens but there was still some phasing going on. I used Audacity to correct it somewhat, but if anybody has any advice on how to clean it up further, im all ears.

I havent split it up into tracks yet, but once I do, ill send them out to anybody who wants them, just PM and let me know. I have been so busy with work the last 2 months I havent had a chance to put any time into this until now.

imail724
11-30-2017, 11:27 AM
I don't even consider Revolting Cocks a side project, they were their own beast. And seeing the guys on tour twice now without Al shows that they were perfectly capable without him. Would be real nice if they decided to record something together. Here are a couple of pics I took last time they were in NY a couple weeks ago:
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23622194_10155938574961450_771116788443641030_n.jp g?oh=5a67eaf512c267a07d2e68a105934c4d&oe=5AD41BD5https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/23622067_10155938575066450_3529601840321572741_n.j pg?oh=7e0c98254e8cf66928260fbdd642dc9c&oe=5ACF6579

NotoriousTIMP
11-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Did you guys see that this has been released? It's an expanded version of "In case you didn't.."

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/ministry-live-necronomicon-vinyl-2lp

imail724
11-30-2017, 04:34 PM
Did you guys see that this has been released? It's an expanded version of "In case you didn't.."

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/ministry-live-necronomicon-vinyl-2lpYes, it was released on Bandcamp over the summer. I thought it was going to be a completely limited thing, so I jumped on it. I guess the only thing limited about my copy is it is on white vinyl.

ziltoid
12-01-2017, 11:25 AM
Yes, it was released on Bandcamp over the summer. I thought it was going to be a completely limited thing, so I jumped on it. I guess the only thing limited about my copy is it is on white vinyl.

I also got the white copy since it was a limited release. I need a new record player so I haven't given it a spin.
Have you? How does it sound compared to the Flac download if you have given it a listen?

MrLobster
12-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I also got the white copy since it was a limited release. I need a new record player so I haven't given it a spin.
Have you? How does it sound compared to the Flac download if you have given it a listen?

It sounds like the vinyl to my ears (compared both... ).

renton44
12-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Just posting this here for anyone interested in Ministry's Greatest Fits on vinyl, pre-orders end on 1/3/2018 and will be a limited pressing.

http://runoutgroovevinyl.com/greatest-fits-2lp.html

NotoriousTIMP
12-07-2017, 05:58 PM
just posting this here for anyone interested in ministry's greatest fits on vinyl, pre-orders end on 1/3/2018 and will be a limited pressing.

http://runoutgroovevinyl.com/greatest-fits-2lp.html
dvydrns

HWB
12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTkywyKV-9U

New music video

ManBurning
12-11-2017, 03:51 PM
A tour as well

03-22 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues^
03-23 Ventura, CA - Ventura Theatre^
03-24 Las Vegas, NV - Brooklyn Bowl^
03-26 Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades^
03-28 Portland, OR - Roseland Theater^
03-29 Vancouver, British Columbia - Vogue Theater^
03-31 Edmonton, Alberta - Union Hall^
04-01 Calgary, Alberta - Palace Theater^
04-03 Missoula, MT - Wilma Theatre^
04-05 Lincoln, NE - Bourbon Theatre^
04-07 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre^
04-08 Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall Ballroom^
04-10 Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's^
04-11 Grand Rapids, MI - 20 Monroe Live^
04-12 Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room^
04-14 Toronto, Ontario - Opera House^
04-15 Montreal, Quebec - MTELUS^
04-17 Boston, MA - Royale^
04-18 Portland, ME - Aura^
04-19 Huntington, NY - Paramount Theater^
04-21 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre^
04-22 Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom^
04-23 Baltimore, MD - Rams Head Live^
04-25 Atlanta, GA - Center Stage^
04-26 Orlando, FL - Hard Rock Live^
04-28 Austin, TX - Emo's
08-10 Kortrijk, Belgium - Alcatraz Music Festival
^ with Chelsea Wolfe

Last time Ministry rolled through town I skipped it having seen them a couple times already, but that was a few years ago, so I'm considering actually going to this one.

DVYDRNS
12-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Wtf is with that video. Promoting antifa? They're just as bad as the ones they hate.

Pure drivel. Unless it's a joke. I can't tell with Al anymore.

Anyhow. I wish they'd let me direct and edit a video for them. Instead of shitting out these faux vintage digitized nightmares.

And before anyone accuses me of being fascist I'll just say that I don't support anybody who promotes or endorses violence. Whatever thier leanings are.

astfgyl
12-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Wtf is with that video. Promoting antifa? They're just as bad as the ones they hate.

Pure drivel. Unless it's a joke. I can't tell with Al anymore.

Anyhow. I wish they'd let me direct and edit a video for them. Instead of shitting out these faux vintage digitized nightmares.

And before anyone accuses me of being fascist I'll just say that I don't support anybody who promotes or endorses violence. Whatever thier leanings are.

That is truly an awful awful video. Surely that song is tongue in cheek? It just seems too stupid to not be. It has to be satire, it couldn't actually be at that level of shit

Space Suicide
12-11-2017, 06:58 PM
I'm sick of Trump seeping into all forms of media, especially music. We get it, he's dogshit trash. Every media outlet has spewed it already enough for 3 lifetimes and it hasn't even been a year.

Song is mediocre. Musically it's ok. Lyrics are quasi-vomit dreck.

I laughed at Al in the ski-mask. Please be a joke otherwise my respect has dropped even further.

Exocet
12-11-2017, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry but I have seen some horrendous videos online of Antifa beating innocent people into a bloody mess for merely having a different opinion.
they were being respectful just saying they did not agree on immigration, they then get a bike lock whacked over their head. WTF. these are just people with a different stance on things, people don't agree with what I like but whatever I don't care, don't want to whack over the head with a baseball bat.
its the definition of fascism,
just reverse things its the sort of people who would have beaten up people for defending homosexuality or abortion back in the 1960s or something.

I love AL I know he is mental, I laughed at From Beer to Eternity but not here

chuckrh
12-11-2017, 08:44 PM
stigmata....Stigmata.....STIGMATA!

HWB
12-12-2017, 03:05 AM
Here is real track list of new album.
AmeriKKKant

What in the fuck

1. "I Know Words"
2. "Twilight Zone"
3. "Victims Of A Clown"
4. "TV5/4Chan" (yes it's real)
5. "We're Tired Of It"
6. "Wargasm"
7. "Antifa"
8. "Game Over"
9. "AmeriKKKa"

No, it's no joke, the Antifa song is not gonna be the most embarrassing part of this album.

I can't believe this is the same band behind "Terrible Mind"and "Land Of Rape and Honey".

Even musically, Antifa song leaves a lot to be desired

fillow
12-12-2017, 04:54 AM
I always wandered why is WTV excluded from the TV-song series, judging by the index numbers.

Maximilian
12-12-2017, 08:31 AM
Al's just an old guy trying hard to be edgy. I'll give him a pass because he actually was edgy once upon a time, but this song/video sucks. I'll still buy the album day one.

henryeatscereal
12-12-2017, 10:00 AM
Got no problem with the new song, liked the music, the lyrics are whatever, i don't care much for the political concept of the album (he already made 3 fuckin' albums about a republican!), but at least the music is decent, i think Surgical Meth Machine worked better...

Shadaloo
12-12-2017, 10:03 AM
After reading his autobiography and about two hundred different anecdotes, I can safely say Al probably doesn't know about half of what Antifa get up to and probably just views them as 'a bold anti-fascist movement' he spent five minutes googling. He strikes me as that oblivious.

Wargasm at least sounded good live. I might actually check the album out.

DVYDRNS
12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Ya oblivious seems accurate.

I mean the guy went on the Alex Jones show.

renton44
12-15-2017, 09:07 AM
The pre-orders are up at Nuclear Blast records. If you sign up for their mailing list (god help you) you will get 10% off your order. There are four different vinyl versions, Solid Black (not limited), Solid White (limited to 500), Clear with Red Splatter (limited to 500) and Clear with Black Splatter (limited to 300). I went with that last one, as it is the most limited of the four and oddly, the least expensive (19.99 vs 26.99 for the others but available in the US only, all others are international). Came to a total of $23.00 with shipping. Anyway, I can't say that ordering any of these items will restore Al's sanity but at least you will get warm fuzzies for supporting your local conspiracy theorist... Link is below.

https://media.nuclearblast.de/shoplanding/2018/Ministry/amerikkkant.html

ChipRock
02-15-2018, 05:57 AM
Just seen that the new Lead Into Gold single is now up on Bandcamp, for those like me not fussed about getting the 12".
https://paulionbarker.bandcamp.com/album/a-savage-gift

It's a bit less severe than the old material, but I'm enjoying it so far; the second track is definitely better. Certainly a thousand times more enjoyable than recent Ministry output.

bobbie solo
02-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Interesting: Burton C Bell of Fear Factory, Joey Jordison formerly of Slipknot and friggin DJ Swamp are filling out ol' Al's live band for the upcoming tour. Burton still sounds good, and if Joey is sober, he's one of the best drummers in metal.

SM Rollinger
02-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Twilight Zone, thoughts?

theburningreptile
02-19-2018, 09:11 PM
I really want to watch the Fix documentary, is it anywhere online?

barkhammer
02-19-2018, 11:21 PM
Interesting: Burton C Bell of Fear Factory, Joey Jordison formerly of Slipknot and friggin DJ Swamp are filling out ol' Al's live band for the upcoming tour. Burton still sounds good, and if Joey is sober, he's one of the best drummers in metal.

What's Burton going to do? Share vox?

virushopper
02-20-2018, 12:37 AM
What's Burton going to do? Share vox?
Probably the same songs he sang during the 08 tour, the old ones Al can't stand. I saw one of the shows and Burton does do an good rendition of "Just One Fix" with the death metal growl at the end.

imail724
02-20-2018, 05:58 AM
Twilight Zone, thoughts?Prolly one of the better songs I've heard from Al since Houses of the Mole, very Filth Pig/DSOTS-esque, but for a pretty repetitive melody there's no reason it needs to go on for 8 minutes. I was really amped on it at first but got pretty bored after a few minutes. If it was either chopped in half, or taken in a different direction about halfway through, could've potentially been a classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQ9arKaYIk&feature=youtu.be

henryeatscereal
02-20-2018, 11:55 AM
Twilight Zone, thoughts?
Much better than the single, it reminded me a bit to "Eureka Pile" (maybe because it's repetitive in the good way..) and to some of the earlier "industrial-Ministry" in LORAH, if the new album is more in this "style" i'm up for it! (but i doubt it...)

poro765
03-08-2018, 06:30 AM
WE'RE GOIIING TO BUIILD A WAAAALLLLLLL
After first listen, I don't know what to say about this album. Can't even say it's better than From Beer To Eternity.

armogi
03-08-2018, 04:23 PM
WE'RE GOIIING TO BUIILD A WAAAALLLLLLL
After first listen, I don't know what to say about this album. Can't even say it's better than From Beer To Eternity.

some interesting background noises in there but it's amazing how they manage to screw up the somewhat ok songs with all this crap on top instead of keeping them simple. Too many songs dragging on too so yeah, that's another one that probably won't get too many more plays from me.

Space Suicide
03-08-2018, 07:23 PM
This band died after Animositisomina. The band REALLY died after The Last Sucker.

I gave the new CD a listen and can conclude it's even worse than what I thought I'd be.

Piko
03-08-2018, 07:57 PM
This band died after Animositisomina. The band REALLY died after The Last Sucker.

I gave the new CD a listen and can conclude it's even worse than what I thought I'd be.Really? From what I heard, it made me optimistic. Sounds like al actually tried. I'll probably check it out later.

Edit - a few tracks in and I'm immediately getting a DSOTS vibe from this. It's weird. We're never getting an album like 90s ministry again. He doesn't have it in him any more. Gotta give him some props though. He really did something different here. Victims of a Clown has a very Eureka Pile vibe. From one listen, it's already better than the last two. There's some actual effort here. It's a very weird album.

rampface
03-08-2018, 08:57 PM
I actually enjoyed most of the Bush trilogy but this new album is fucking awful

Piko
03-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I actually enjoyed most of the Bush trilogy but this new album is fucking awfulI hated most of the Bush trilogy. I'll have to give this more listens. But so far I'm liking it. At least more than the Bush stuff. The Bush stuff just had nothing really happen there but be fast and hard. So real substance.

rampface
03-08-2018, 09:20 PM
The Bush trilogy had better production and the songs had bite. AmeriKKKant sounds watered down and aimless which is surprising because I thought Al might be fired up from the state of the country. The DJ shit doesn't mesh well either. I really wanted to like this.

Space Suicide
03-08-2018, 09:31 PM
I actually enjoyed most of the Bush trilogy but this new album is fucking awful

I hated most of the Bush trilogy. I'll have to give this more listens. But so far I'm liking it. At least more than the Bush stuff. The Bush stuff just had nothing really happen there but be fast and hard. So real substance.

Rio Grande Blood is the shit. LOVE that album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAh7S0m8Vn0

Piko
03-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Only liked a few songs off Rio. Fear wasn't one of them.

Space Suicide
03-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Only liked a few songs off Rio. Fear wasn't one of them.

I just posted a random one. The title track, Señor Peligro, Ass Clown and Khyber Pass are my favorites.

Piko
03-08-2018, 10:35 PM
I just posted a random one. The title track, Señor Peligro, Ass Clown and Khyber Pass are my favorites.For me, I liked Rio Grande Blood, Ass Clown, Gangreen, Lies Lies Lies and Khyber Pass.

Shadaloo
03-08-2018, 11:56 PM
This band died after With Sympathy :D

eversonpoe
03-09-2018, 12:40 AM
This band died after With Sympathy :D

don't know if you're trolling but i've said many times that it's literally the only ministry album i enjoy, and i love it. i don't care how cheesy al's fake british accent is, it's a fucking fantastic dark synthpop album and i listen to it all the time.

Piko
03-09-2018, 01:15 AM
don't know if you're trolling but i've said many times that it's literally the only ministry album i enjoy, and i love it. i don't care how cheesy al's fake british accent is, it's a fucking fantastic dark synthpop album and i listen to it all the time.It's definitely very underrated. For me, Twitch, just kills it. Isle of Men > With Sympathy. Early 80s ministry is pretty awesome.

Shadaloo
03-09-2018, 02:07 AM
don't know if you're trolling but i've said many times that it's literally the only ministry album i enjoy, and i love it. i don't care how cheesy al's fake british accent is, it's a fucking fantastic dark synthpop album and i listen to it all the time.

Only halfway. :) Everything up until Filth Pig is a stone cold classic to me, and that includes WS. I agree with the sentiment utterly.

HWB
03-09-2018, 05:45 AM
Some of the samples are utterly hilarious, Trump building a wall is all over this album. The album literally opens with a Trump sample.

My favorite moment is the over use of Chaplin samples and the Pac Man game over sample. It gave a healthy chuckle.

I think it takes away a lot of power when you know where sample came from so clearly. And they're not so well used either.

Best song is probably Wargasm. I feel like it approaches politics in a way you'd expect old Ministry, in a way it won't feel dated.

Not gonna see myself listening to it again, some good riffs and vocal performances. But really, it's new Ministry.

renton44
03-09-2018, 07:48 PM
Got my record from Nuclear Blast today. Its a sweet looking record and came with an autographed promo poster (cover art of the LP). Didn't expect that at all, so that was cool. Will give the record a spin tomorrow.

tremolo
03-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Al was in the Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast on Monday March 5, 2018. It’s a fun listen.

henryeatscereal
03-10-2018, 01:13 PM
a few tracks in and I'm immediately getting a DSOTS vibe from this. It's weird. We're never getting an album like 90s ministry again. He doesn't have it in him any more. Gotta give him some props though. He really did something different here. Victims of a Clown has a very Eureka Pile vibe. From one listen, it's already better than the last two. There's some actual effort here. It's a very weird album.
Yeah it did remind me to "Dark Side of the Spoon", i do like that album so it wasn't a terrible listen for me.
Many of you were complaining for "Heavy Metal Ministry", now we have a different kind of album, i get it's not the greatest Ministry album, but it's miles ahead of "Form Beer to Eternity", i also agree that it's a weird album, you can hear some of the "Surgical Meth Machine" influence there...

Piko
03-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Since 2004, we got the same album over and over again. Worse and worse than the one before. This one, Al decided to take a risk and do something different. It's a very weird album but it's the first ministry album in years that I feel some genuine effort. It's a fun listen. Ministry is past it's prime. But this is the first album since 2004 that made say "oh shit". The bar was set pretty low to be fair. It's not an album of the year candidate. But, Al did good here.

versusreality
03-10-2018, 03:52 PM
random, but I went to a NIN autograph signing when AATCB came out. I was a teen who was geeking out, and was just getting into Ministry at the time thanks to hearing Trent namedrop the band and his involvement with Revco/Al's involvement with Get Down Make Love.

when I approached the autograph table, instead of thanking them or saying I appreciate their music, I nervously said, "what do you think the best Ministry album is?" Trent mentioned Twitch, and Danny said "no way man, it's the Land of Rape and Honey" (or perhaps it was Trent who said LORAH/Danny said Twitch) , either way, it spurned a mini discussion between them and myself breaking down some of the songs from those albums. they seemed really happy to be talking about music other than their own, and they were really appreciative. coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.

Shadaloo
03-10-2018, 08:07 PM
Ok I gotta check this out now

Also Trent saying Twitch is just about right to me. Makes a ton of sense.

NotoriousTIMP
03-11-2018, 04:14 PM
random, but I went to a NIN autograph signing when AATCB came out. I was a teen who was geeking out, and was just getting into Ministry at the time thanks to hearing Trent namedrop the band and his involvement with Revco/Al's involvement with Get Down Make Love.

when I approached the autograph table, instead of thanking them or saying I appreciate their music, I nervously said, "what do you think the best Ministry album is?" Trent mentioned Twitch, and Danny said "no way man, it's the Land of Rape and Honey" (or perhaps it was Trent who said LORAH/Danny said Twitch) , either way, it spurned a mini discussion between them and myself breaking down some of the songs from those albums. they seemed really happy to be talking about music other than their own, and they were really appreciative. coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.

I know Danny was HUGE into LoRaH...

ChipRock
03-12-2018, 10:13 AM
coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.

Damn right. What a great conversation to be involved in. If I ever met Trent I'd be more inclined to grill him about music he likes than anything else, I think.

Initially I'm voting for Land Of Rape And Honey myself, but to be honest I don't think there's much in it between those early records. All truly brilliant in their own ways, which is what makes me sad about the quality of most of the new material. What happened to that genius mind?

Reminds me - I'm just waiting to receive a copy of the Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? single. I actually have the 12" single (KY Jelly and all), but I'm keen to have HQ copies of the b-sides. Linger Ficken' Good is certainly flawed, but to this day remains a favourite. I don't think I ever loved anything Al did as much after that record, as good as some of it is.

ZackeryH
03-15-2018, 08:55 AM
I absolutely hated the Antifa song. The recent video for Twilight Zone sounds a lot better and more of what I think of as the Ministry I liked growing up in the 90's.

Piko
03-15-2018, 10:42 AM
Antifa is probably the weakest song on the new album.

buckaroo
03-15-2018, 10:48 AM
I finally got around to listening to the new album. Honestly, this is probably the most I have enjoyed a Ministry album in quite a while. It is doubtful I'll ever listen to it again, but I didn't immediately want that hour of my life back as with some of the more resent output. I got a Filth Pig vibe from it over all. I could have done with so much of that quasi record scratching, but in general it wasn't so bad.

renton44
03-23-2018, 09:09 AM
Just finished listening to it. I agree with most of the comments here that it certainly has a Filth Pig vibe to it and it is the best Ministry record in years (IMO). Al always has better musical output when there is a Republican President, only issue with that is it requires us to have a Republican President...

DVYDRNS
03-23-2018, 10:46 PM
I'm contemplating going to the show in ventura tonight.

I am also contemplating watching Netflix.

Piko
03-23-2018, 10:50 PM
I'm contemplating going to the show in ventura tonight.

I am also contemplating watching Netflix.How much is it? I know ministry has a habit to overcharge? I'd go if it's cheap.

DVYDRNS
03-23-2018, 11:57 PM
35 bucks

Piko
03-24-2018, 12:00 AM
35 bucksNot terrible. But yeah, I'd be a bit conflicted as well. I liked the new album and they've been playing older songs. So it probably wouldn't be a huge loss. Something will probably end up on YouTube soon enough anyway I'm sure.

bobbie solo
03-24-2018, 12:13 AM
Jordison inexplicably out for the tour. His spokesperson gave some nonsense about focusing on his solo work. Please. I'm gonna assume he's back on heroin or similar. Which begs the question, how bad do you have to be with drugs to be kicked off a Ministry tour?

Piko
03-24-2018, 01:34 AM
Jordison inexplicably out for the tour. His spokesperson gave some nonsense about focusing on his solo work. Please. I'm gonna assume he's back on heroin or similar. Which begs the question, how bad do you have to be with drugs to be kicked off a Ministry tour?Wasn't aware Jordison was back?

Piko
03-24-2018, 01:37 AM
Wasn't aware Jordison was back?

Edit: saw a set list. Meh. Hopefully you passed on it.

Space Suicide
03-24-2018, 10:11 AM
Jordison inexplicably out for the tour. His spokesperson gave some nonsense about focusing on his solo work. Please. I'm gonna assume he's back on heroin or similar. Which begs the question, how bad do you have to be with drugs to be kicked off a Ministry tour?

https://qt.azureedge.net/resources/authors-images-large/al-jourgensen.jpg

Evidently more than indicated here.

DVYDRNS
03-24-2018, 10:55 AM
yea I passed.

honestly only kinda regretting missing Chelsea wolf at this point.