PDA

View Full Version : Ministry

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Piko
08-10-2014, 04:36 PM
We all know there will be another metal album, unfortunately. But, maybe he'll put some actual thought and effort into it this time considering on whether or not he remains sober.

fillow
08-11-2014, 03:38 AM
Is this a tour logo or something? Because I see "From Beer to Eternity" written across it.

imail724
08-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Looks like its supposed to be a passport to me, which would imply that they're gonna be touring overseas.

virushopper
08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
I think I saw on their Facebook that tour plans are coming. Got to pony up against his ex-wife in court!

ziltoid
08-11-2014, 04:45 PM
I think I saw on their Facebook that tour plans are coming. Got to pony up against his ex-wife in court!

After they battle it out in court there will be another book impending. I believe the title of the book will be: I wanted to tell her...Lesson Unlearned.

Seriously though, why retire ministry after Mikey died to do all of this afterwards?
He recently started a new band and not promote it so, now he is going back on tour as Ministry to pay for legal fees?

I imagine that crap live dvd did not sell as he expected otherwise he would have left Ministry alone.

I gotta ask are all of these decisions being made by him or, does he have someone consult/convince him to do these bad decisions?
Seems to me like he doesn't think things through and just goes around deciding things at his whims with no thought to the possible repercussions.

NotoriousTIMP
08-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Seems to me like he doesn't think things through and just goes around deciding things at his whims with no thought to the possible repercussions.

If I were a bettin' man I was say this is his thought process......

Piko
08-11-2014, 04:56 PM
He constantly says he's hates touring, but does it anyway. Says no more albums, yet he still does. If he really needed the money, he wouldn't need to even bother making new albums and can just tour and make that payday. As long as he can continue doing the European festivals and make steady paydays, there's no need for new Ministry. I was under the assumption that the 2012 shows were to pay off his medical bills. So maybe he needs to tour to get his finances under control after the divorce. We all know another album will come after that tour though.

On a side note, anyone been following Cocksure? True spiritual successor to the cocks as you're gonna get. The two EPs are pretty good. And the album drops tomorrow. Already have it preordered.

ziltoid
08-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Looking up info on Cocksure (which I never heard of in my life until now) I ran into Finitribe.
My life is now complete. I will for sure buy the Cocksure album.
Piko, You should start a new thread for Cocksure.

Piko
08-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Does it really need another thread? Connelly was a major part of Ministry/Revco for awhile. Wrote a massive portion of the Mind album. He's earned his spot at the table. As for Finitribe, I have heard nothing... Heard all of his stuff with Ministry/Revco, and his solo stuff, but never Finitribe. Criminal?

virushopper
08-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Holy shit, didn't see this until now.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/10739169

Contains audio from January 1, 1989!!!

The full concert!!!!

Ministry at the Oz nightclub recorded live in STEREO on 1-1-89 in Seattle, Wa.

Technical details: 2 dynamic mics>cassette>Denon DRR-730>E-MU 1616m>Sonar8>Ozone3>Soundforge9>FLAC Frontend encoder

Original Recording Engineers: Chris and Scruff

Digital Mastering Engineer: The Apex

The Setlist:

Disc 1
01. Where You At Now?
02. We Believe
03. You Know What You Are
04. The Land of Rape and Honey
05. Flashback
06. The Missing
07. Diety
08. No Bunny (Pailhead)
09. I Will Refuse (Pailhead)

Disc 2
10. Stigmata
11. Golden Dawn
12. No Devotion (RevCo)
13. The Light Pours Out of Me (Magazine)

The story: On 01/01/89 the band Ministry played their first ever concert in Seattle, Washington as the very last show of their tour. I believe it was added so the 2 newer key members of the band (former members of popular Seattle band The Blackouts) could finally play a show to their home crowd.

I understood that they were miserable when they arrived at the nightclub (a former rollerskating rink). The concert almost didn't happen because Al J. lit up a cigarette during the plane ride to Seattle and refused to put it out. Police removed him from the plane and were going to take him to jail. But, the tour manager managed to have him released after paying a hefty fine.

There was no opening entertainment. It was loud. There were sound problems. The song that suffers the most is You Know What You Are. You can hear comments from the peanut gallery about it. After that song the show really picks up. There are MANY killer moments.

I remember there being quite a few people tripping out because they were expecting to see the new wave disco band of a few years earlier and not the heavy electronic fusion of dance, punk, noise, metal. I was already into the whole industrial electronic music scene and knew what to expect.

It was an incredible club show that was unforgettable to be a part of and experience. Near the end of the concert Chris kept calling my name to come up to the dj tower because he wanted to show me the set up. I took my eyes off the band and went up there to inspect the goods - nothing special. The 2 mics direct into the tape recorder. But, I was fucking stoked! I stayed up there for the entire encore with my friends.

Afterwards Scruff gave me a copy of the tape. I listened to it a few times following the show, but it needed help.

I have audio production experience. So, a couple months ago I rescued the music of that night from the vault. It received a high resolution A>D transfer, and I spent many hours carving out the mud from the raw tape so that I could share this with the world. The concert lives again; and, due to this OFFICIAL release, it can be enjoyed by anyone who wishes to hear it. So, hang out with my friends and I on 01/01/89, and enjoy a kick ass, legendary performance.

The final Ministry concert ever! Listen until the very end and you will understand.

Thank you, Uncle Al and Omar, for making this possible.

Thanks to the "Apex" (http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?post=110778;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC ;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=3716640) from the Prongs site for the info

Piko
08-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Of course it had to be flac... Fucking flac!

Conan The Barbarian
08-11-2014, 10:37 PM
What's wrong with flac?

Piko
08-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Takes up a massive amount of space and incompatible with a lot of music players. Yeah, it's high quality. Not worth the trouble though.

Space Suicide
08-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Takes up a massive amount of space and incompatible with a lot of music players. Yeah, it's high quality. Not worth the trouble though.

I also am not a FLAC Nazi where they won't listen to anything BUT FLAC.

Foobar works with FLAC easily.

Piko
08-11-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm also an ipod guy. So if I were to download this, i'd most likely want to listen to it at work. That's not going to happen though.

Shadaloo
08-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Personally, I just convert to 320k mp3 in Audacity. A bit time consuming, but it's worth it.

imail724
08-12-2014, 09:00 AM
I just convert all my FLACs to mp3s in Foobar. Not that hard.

NotoriousTIMP
08-13-2014, 04:55 AM
http://iv1.lisimg.com/image/2497983/600full-ministry.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I found it while doing a google image search

fillow
08-13-2014, 05:48 AM
It's a stock photo with some added text. Move along, nothing official here.
On the other hand, Cleopatra is planning a Twelve Inch Singles reissue with some bonus tracks (none unheard). Bum I'm sure it's unrelated.

Piko
08-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Probably an independent release. Unless Al finally had a change of heart and actually wants to acknowledge the album. Or, he's lied about destroying the masters and selling the rights. And maybe that's one of the albums Cleopatra got from him.

henryeatscereal
08-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Got all excited because that image, what a shame... :(

innerturmoil
08-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Do you guys not know that With Sympathy WAS reissued 2 years ago? CD only. 3 bonus tracks, 1 an unreleased Revenge remix.

http://www.discogs.com/Ministry-With-Sympathy/release/3815745
http://www.amazon.com/With-Sympathy-Ministry/dp/B007MV83RC/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_9

Piko
08-13-2014, 11:23 PM
Now that I think about it, I think it was mentioned before. It was never mentioned since though.

NotoriousTIMP
08-14-2014, 01:08 AM
I had no idea about that re-release. $31 though via Amazon? I think I'll pass and just spin my LP.....is "A Walk In The Park" an unreleased track or a b-side from one of the singles?

innerturmoil
08-14-2014, 01:45 AM
I had no idea about that re-release. $31 though via Amazon? I think I'll pass and just spin my LP.....is "A Walk In The Park" an unreleased track or a b-side from one of the singles?

It was $15 or so when it came out, Euro release, can't imagine it was a big run.
A Walk In The Park, B-side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPVH1PjYgXQ

NotoriousTIMP
08-14-2014, 02:01 AM
yikes, that song is terrible.....

henryeatscereal
08-14-2014, 05:38 PM
...terrible in the good way (funny: it reminds me to "Der Kommisaar" and NIN's "Purest Feeling)

NotoriousTIMP
08-15-2014, 04:24 AM
So I was listening to a CD I had a few months back (yes, I still burn CDs) that had tracks from RevCo, LARD, and Ministry and dammit, I wish Al would swallow his pride and get back on Chris and Paul's good side. I'd love to see what the three of them could do again......

henryeatscereal
08-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Paul Barker must return to Misistry. he brings out the best of Al...

Piko
08-15-2014, 12:26 PM
He did. Al doesn't like being challenged though. Not anymore at least. He doesn't necessarily need Paul back. He needs someone in there with him who will actually disagree with him and give actual feedback.

Halo Infinity
08-15-2014, 02:16 PM
So to be sure that I got this right, Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon were generally received well on ETS, right?

I'm just wondering, because if I'm not mistaken, it sometimes looks like those albums were considered to be a low point for Ministry. With that being said, they are still among my favorite post-Psalm 69 albums. I've also asked because Animositisomina seems to be liked more as far as the last few albums with Paul Barker went.

And from the impression I've gotten from Piss Army and PB4PB, they also seem to be forgotten by the newer fans, since Al Jourgensen seems to stick to performing his recent works. He even admitted back in 1992 that he prefers to only go as far as 3 albums back most of the time whenever he's touring.

I'll also admit that it's clearly not the same as it used to be, as I have in the past. I can't say that it's all that bad for me though, but most of it was just okay, or just not my thing. 1983-1999 will always be my favorite eras, and as far the as Bush trilogy went, I actually liked most of it, especially when I was in the right mood for it, but I don't blame the fans for getting tired of having the albums sounding too similar at some points. Even I could admit that as much as I like all eras of Ministry.

And well, I also can't help but read every admission of resignation to be none other than more albums and touring. Al might as well just say that he's taking a hiatus at this point, should he not tour and/or release albums for a while again.

Piko
08-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Commercially, those albums are failures. Al has said in interviews that FI is his favorite. That was a very dark time in his life. So, it makes sense on why he may not want to play them live. I love that album and always have. Same with Spoon. It wasn't Psalm 69 pt. 2, so they dismissed it. Years pass, and most of those people like it now.

fillow
08-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Fuck the sales. I enjoy DSOTM and Animositisomina the most of all their albums.

Piko
08-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Animositisomina was ok. Had some good stuff. Very straight forward. Filth Pig is definitely my favorite though.

henryeatscereal
08-15-2014, 05:21 PM
"Filth Pig" is very underrated, i like it a lot... "Dark Side of the Spoon" is good, not awesome but it's still vintage Ministry, "Animositisomina" is mostly decent stuff with some awesome tracks

imail724
08-15-2014, 06:01 PM
I prefer Houses of the Mole to Animositissdijfasdjfos and DSOTS. You can tell, even though he wasn't there, Paul's influence was still very much there on that album. Songs like World, Worm, and Worthless are up there with some of the best Ministry songs.

Piko
08-15-2014, 06:11 PM
HOTM is a great album. Last album I really enjoyed from beginning to end from Al. Warp City and WTV!

Shadaloo
08-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Filth Pig and Dark Side were where I came into Ministry from and I've always found them solid, particularly FP. Maybe it's the current era of faux speed-metal that's been the norm lately or what, but yeah, I've been seeing a lot of love for them in recent years hereabouts and elsewhere.

Animositisominatimasomina animositisominatimasomina aimositisominatimosomina has some pretty good tracks too. I see it as kinda average, but I tend to revisit it pretty often. I really dig the title track, Piss and the cover of "The Light Pours Out Of Me". And I will never not intentionally fuck up writing the record's title.

Houses is pretty damn solid, too. I consider it the last good one.

NotoriousTIMP
08-16-2014, 07:26 PM
I stop at Filth Pig.....DSOTS was too all over the place for me. I like it better when Ministry hits a groove and has good song structure and melody. Songs like 99%ers or whatever it was make me cringe and wonder where the fuck the old Ministry is. (Not sound wise, but overall technique when it comes to writing an album)

Landshark
08-18-2014, 12:42 AM
I stop at Filth Pig.....DSOTS was too all over the place for me. I like it better when Ministry hits a groove and has good song structure and melody. Songs like 99%ers or whatever it was make me cringe and wonder where the fuck the old Ministry is. (Not sound wise, but overall technique when it comes to writing an album)

Filth Pig was the last album where I didn't have to skip any songs (and my favorite) but DSOTS did have some that I liked. If they would have cut it down to an EP with the first 3 and last 3 songs it would have been much better in my opinion.

Space Suicide
08-18-2014, 12:47 AM
I hate Dark Side of the Spoon.

ziltoid
08-18-2014, 07:05 AM
Filth Pigs, Twitch/ed and The Land of rape and Honey are my definitive ministry albums. Everything else after the 80's I have to be in a specific mood to enjoy.
For the life of me I can't get into Animositisomina no matter what I do. I just can't stand it. My absolute favorite song would have to be Brick Window and Isle of Man.
This is of course excluding singles and rarities like primordial live.
I see there isn't a lot of love for twitch here, which I find strange, since a lot of you like With Sympathy.

Halo Infinity
08-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Filth Pigs, Twitch/ed and The Land of rape and Honey are my definitive ministry albums. Everything else after the 80's I have to be in a specific mood to enjoy.
This actually explains my levels of interest in music right down to a T. The only bad thing about it, is that it sometimes prevents me from enjoying music, including music I already love to listen to. This isn't to say that my mood always dictates my listening preferences, but sometimes... it just does. And being into albums has made it even a bit harder for me, but when the songs or the albums click, they click. As for the actual topic, I'm pretty much that way with most of The Land of Rape and Honey, Psalm 69 and Rio Grande Blood.

For the life of me I can't get into Animositisomina no matter what I do. I just can't stand it.
I've also been there too, as I've also skipped around on that album the most.

My absolute favorite song would have to be Brick Window and Isle of Man.
This is of course excluding singles and rarities like primordial live.
I see there isn't a lot of love for twitch here, which I find strange, since a lot of you like With Sympathy.
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but it was a while ago. Anyway, Twitch is definitely one of my favorite Ministry albums. Just Like You, All Day Remix, The Angel and Over The Should (12" Version) are my favorite songs from Twitch. And well, when in the right mood, I just love Where You At Now? / Crash & Burn / Twitch" (Version II).

And as for With Sympathy, I just can't resist songs like Effigy (I'm Not An) and She's Got A Cause. :)

SM Rollinger
08-19-2014, 06:08 AM
I hope this is legit..
http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-Inch-Singles-Expanded-Edition/dp/B00M45T0PK

Editorial ReviewsReviewA deluxe expanded reissue of the classic Wax Trax collection, featuring 9 bonus tracks covering the complete early 80 s output from Ministry on Wax Trax, including b-sides and tracks originally not released!

Contains the previously unreleased track Same Old Madness! --Press Release

Product DescriptionDISC 1
1. Every Day Is Halloween (12 Single / 1984)
2. Nature Of Love (12 Single / 1984)
3. All Day (12 Single / 1984)
4. Cold Life (12 Single / 1981)
5. Halloween - Remix (12 Single / 1984)
6. Nature Of Love - Cruelty Mix (12 Single / 1984)
7. All Day - Remix (Unreleased Track From 1984)
8. Cold Life Dub (12 Single / 1982)

DISC 2
1. Same Old Madness (Previously Unreleased Track From 1982)
2. Primental (12 Single / 1981)
3. I m Falling (12 Single / 1981)
4. Nature Of Outtakes (12 Single / 1984)
5. I m Falling - Alternative Mix (Unreleased Track From 1981)
6. Overkill (Unreleased Track From 1981)
7. He s Angry (Unreleased Track From 1984)
8. Move - Original Mix (Unreleased Track From 1984)

9. Nature Of Love - Cruelty Mix B (Unreleased Track From 1984)

fillow
08-19-2014, 06:38 AM
It is legit, but what's the point? All these bonus tracks have been circulating for years. Since it's Cleopatra release, don't expect a remaster or anything like that

ziltoid
08-19-2014, 08:23 AM
$20.00 seems too steep even for all those songs to be officially released together. If it's legit I might pick up a digital version only if it's much cheaper. Then again it might be worth it for just cold life and some old madness if it is remastered properly.
I never thought I would see something like this released.
I am genuinely surprised and hope this is the beginning of something more to come.

Didn't Cleopatra botch the reissue of with sympathy and/or side trax?

This is a reissue of the 12 inch singles with a new cd (second disc) of some songs that where never officially released.

imail724
08-19-2014, 09:06 AM
So this release is basically just combining the tracks from 12 Inch Singles and Early Trax, plus adding 2 other songs. I can dig it.

NotoriousTIMP
08-19-2014, 09:08 AM
What song are they playing at the 10:00 mark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJZLbBeWK4#t=589 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHJZLbBeWK4)

Shadaloo
08-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Nice. Seeing as how I do not have either of those I'll be picking that up.

innerturmoil
08-19-2014, 10:50 AM
"So-So Life" or "Life Gets Away" unreleased, don't know if a studio version exists.

imail724
08-20-2014, 12:18 AM
It is legit, but what's the point? All these bonus tracks have been circulating for years. Since it's Cleopatra release, don't expect a remaster or anything like that
This will be the first release to have Same Old Madness, no?

fillow
08-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Technically yes, but a pretty good quality rip from [I assume] promo VHS has been available for a long time.

NotoriousTIMP
08-20-2014, 02:35 AM
I wonder if Al has any other unreleased With Sympathy material. I really wish he would drop the tough guy act and accept that era for what it is; great early 80's synthpop.

fillow
08-20-2014, 08:32 AM
There is really no consensus (in this thread or anywhere else) on which album is a borderline. I've seen people considering as such everything from LORAH up to RGB.

imail724
08-20-2014, 09:26 PM
What's everyone's opinion: Twitch or Twitched?

NotoriousTIMP
08-20-2014, 09:28 PM
I've never checked out Twitched because I always thought it was one of those tribute CDs.....after looking it up just now I think I need to give this a listen

Piko
08-20-2014, 09:43 PM
It's cool. I don't ever really listen to it though...

imail724
08-20-2014, 10:57 PM
See I've always listened to Twitched over Twitch because its allegedly "the way Twitch was intended to be". But its unofficial-ness is making me question whether that's the right choice.

Piko
08-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Considering Al and Adrian chose the particular mixes for the album, I'd say it's what they wanted. Twitched, to me, is in the same category of a remix album (although it isn't).

NotoriousTIMP
08-21-2014, 12:53 AM
The it looks like "The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste" is getting another repress, but this time its two different limited edition variants.

First up: 150 GRAM OPAQUE GOLD COLORED VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED
(http://www.hottracksmusicstore.com/products/ministry-the-mind-is-a-terrible-thing-to-taste-lp-150-gram-opaque-gold-colored-vinyl-limited-to-1500-foil-numbered)Second up: 200 GRAM BLACK VINYL LIMITED TO 1500, FOIL-NUMBERED
(http://www.hottracksmusicstore.com/products/ministry-the-mind-is-a-terrible-thing-to-taste-lp-200-gram-black-vinyl-limited-to-1500-foil-numbered)
Price: $31.98

and for those of you who might have missed my post in the vinyl collector's thread, Filth Pig (http://www.soundstagedirect.com/ministry-filth-pig-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml) is getting re-released by Music On Vinyl and also has a limited edition run of 1500.

Price: $34.99

Prettybrokenspiral
08-21-2014, 01:58 AM
What's everyone's opinion: Twitch or Twitched?

Both versions have their merits. Mix-wise, I like the Twitched tracks. But that one excludes All Day, which is one of the best songs from the Twitch era, so that's a huge plus for the original version of Twitch, since it has both All Day and Over the Shoulder on it.

Had they kept the seven-minute version of Over the Shoulder and replaced the single version of it with All Day on Twitched, I'd go with that one every time.

fillow
08-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Some of Ministry b-sides (namely Nature of Love and Quick Fix) are absolutely fucking brilliant.

imail724
08-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Both versions have their merits. Mix-wise, I like the Twitched tracks. But that one excludes All Day, which is one of the best songs from the Twitch era, so that's a huge plus for the original version of Twitch, since it has both All Day and Over the Shoulder on it.

Had they kept the seven-minute version of Over the Shoulder and replaced the single version of it with All Day on Twitched, I'd go with that one every time.
Is the version of All Day on Twitch the same as Twelve Inch Singles?

Piko
08-21-2014, 08:58 AM
To me, there's not much difference.

wizfan
08-21-2014, 09:52 AM
There's an HDTracks version of Twitch (http://www.hdtracks.com/twitch-135135). Has anyone listened to it? I wonder how it sounds; however, I don't expect much from it, since HDTracks' non-classical/jazz releases are hit-or-miss (and some actually sound worse than the originals, such as Red Hot Chili Peppers' first few albums).

I've been listening to Filth Pig a lot lately. I understand the upstir it had caused, since Psalm 69 was such a big hit (I've probably listened to it a million times myself), but there's something great about its slower riffs and dreary vibe. It's a challenging album. You would have expected them to make endless clones of Psalm 69 after their success.

Speaking of consensuses, I love how, no matter how much studio metal Al churns out, our discussion will always go back to With Sympathy and its demo cassette. Though I thought From Beer... was a much better way to shut down Ministry than The Last Sucker.

I'm now downloading the Ministry Monday torrents and I don't even know why.

Prettybrokenspiral
08-24-2014, 04:06 AM
I've liked Filth Pig ever since its release. And Psalm 69 is probably my least favorite album he did before he started going off the rails with Dark Side of the Spoon.

Psalm 69 has the three 'hits' they're known for, but I think it's one of his most thoroughly boring albums to date.

Sutekh
08-24-2014, 09:33 AM
I love scarecrow and jesus built my hotrod but otherwise I don't see the big fuss with psalm 69, beginning of the boring metal phase.

Space Suicide
08-24-2014, 10:26 AM
I've liked Filth Pig ever since its release. And Psalm 69 is probably my least favorite album he did before he started going off the rails with Dark Side of the Spoon.

Psalm 69 has the three 'hits' they're known for, but I think it's one of his most thoroughly boring albums to date.

It's definitely not their best album as everyone pens but a majority of it is solid. TV II, N.W.O. and the title track are solid.

I love scarecrow and jesus built my hotrod but otherwise I don't see the big fuss with psalm 69, beginning of the boring metal phase.

I've probably stated it in here before but I can't Stand Jesus Builty my Hotrod. Such an awful song and it's sad to see that one as their "crowning" moment in the mainstream airwaves. I love the spoken word intro but after that pffffffffffffffftttttttttttt. Hate it.

Piko
08-24-2014, 10:39 AM
It's a good album. Overrated, but a good album. Easily, the most accessible. Just One Fix, TVII, Hotrod, etc. Great songs. Album doesn't match up to the ones before, or after imo.

imail724
08-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Different strokes I guess. I think Psalm 69 is my favorite after Rape and Honey

Shadaloo
08-25-2014, 01:35 AM
Psalm 69's okay, but yeah, I don't consider it in the same league as Mind or Filth Pig. On my ranking, it goes somewhere in the upper middle. I'm partial to Hero, Just One Fix and Scarecrow.

Mind is still where I hang my hat. If not for the weirdness of Test that album would be flawless back to front.

BUNNY INSIDE

henryeatscereal
08-25-2014, 10:45 AM
to me: the best Ministry albums are "Mind is a terrible thing to taste", "Land of Rape...", "Psalm 69" and "Filth Pig" (in that order...), "Houses of the Mole" is the best of the "current" era...

imail724
09-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Fuck what everyone else says, The Last Sucker is a great album goddammit. I can't stop listening to The Dick Song lately. I honestly love Houses of the Mole and The Last Sucker just as much as any of Ministry's earlier albums. Can't say as much for their other post-Barker albums though...

virushopper
09-22-2014, 12:47 AM
For those who want to see the last Ministry tour in its raw form download the dress rehearshal video:

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/11033837

SM Rollinger
11-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Lurking over at prongs and I saw some tour dates surfaced. Anyone seen an official announcement?

Sutekh
11-02-2014, 11:35 AM
yep on facebook
Happy Halloween kiddies...
We have some North American Tour Dates for ya today:
May 5........ DC at the Fillmore
May 6........NYC at Irving Plaza
May 8........Chicago at the House of Blues
May 10......SF at the Regency Ballroom
May 11.......Anaheim at the Grove
Please stand by for other shows TBA soon....

r_k_f
11-02-2014, 02:01 PM
Ahhh... The foggy, blurry, impaired memories of a NYC Ministry show.... it's been awhile.

virushopper
11-02-2014, 03:41 PM
I met go just cause I do dig the band live. This is my third "Farewell tour" gig. lol

wizfan
12-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Re-listened to From Beer to Eternity. It's a flawed album, but I think it's the most delightful and least boring album from the post-Barker phase. It was certainly a better way to end Ministry than The Last Sucker. Pity it doesn't get that much love in this thread!

Piko
12-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Might be his best work since 2004. A lot of people shit on it. It's not a bad album though. Nothing special, but it's an ok listen.

virushopper
12-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Rio Grande Blood is my favorite post-Barker album as Al had solid songwriters from the guys in Prong.

HOTM was meh at times.
TLS was a good 'final' album.
Relapse only had one good song. (Double Tap)
FBTE had some good moments here and there.

imail724
12-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Al's cookie monster voice makes that album unlistenable. It's cringeworthy.

Piko
12-02-2014, 07:47 PM
His screaming voice is shot. That doesn't stop him though. If any of you have heard the Buck Satan album, he's proven that his singing voice is still very much intact. Why he feels obligated to scream when he can't is beyond me when he's still more than capable of singing.

Space Suicide
12-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Rio Grande Blood is my favorite post-Barker album as Al had solid songwriters from the guys in Prong.

HOTM was meh at times.
TLS was a good 'final' album.
Relapse only had one good song. (Double Tap)
FBTE had some good moments here and there.

I too, thought that Rio Grande Blood was the best album post Barker. I really enjoyed the themes on there as well as some of the great instrumentation. Khyber Pass, Senor Peligro, Lieslieslies and Ass Clown (Jello Biafra, I mean come on!) are all great. Only song I don't care much for on there is Yellow Cake.

Reaps
12-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Has anyone downloaded those free remix albums Al has been squirting out every Monday? I just downloaded them and was wondering what the albums were officially titled and where i can find the cover art for em..

Space Suicide
12-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Has anyone downloaded those free remix albums Al has been squirting out every Monday? I just downloaded them and was wondering what the albums were officially titled and where i can find the cover art for em..

http://al-jourgensen.squarespace.com/downloads/

You mean those?

On Facebook, it's advertised they're remixes from the official remix albums for From Beer to Eternity and Relapse.

Space Suicide
12-06-2014, 09:49 PM
05/03 — Dallas, Texas — Bomb Factory
05/05 — Silver Spring, Md. -– The Filmore
05/06 — New York City, N.Y. -– Irving Plaza
05/08 — Chicago, Ill. -– House Of Blues
05/10 — San Francisco, Calif. -– Regency Center
05/11 — Anaheim, Calif. -– City National Grove
05/13 — Philadelphia, Pa. -– TBA
05/15 — Atlanta, Ga. -– The Masquerade
05/16 — Columbus, Ohio -– Rock On The Range
05/18 — Worcester, Mass. -– The Palladium
05/19 — Charlotte, N.C. -– The Filmore
05/20 — Tempe, Ariz. -– The Marquee
05/22 — Oklahoma City, Okla. -– Fest
05/23 — Englewood, Colo. -– Gothic Theatre
06/12 — Vancouver, British Columbia -– Vogue Theatre
06/14 — Calgary, Alberta -– Flames Central
06/15 — Edmonton, Alberta -– Encore
06/17 — Toronto, Ontario -– Phoenix Concert Theatre (http://loudwire.com/ministry-2015-north-american-tour/)

They always hit up Charlotte, maybe one day I'll actually decide to attend a concert there. I'm only an hour North.

wizfan
12-06-2014, 09:59 PM
He keeps getting bandmates who were members of Prong. Ministry has become Prong with Al.

Sutekh
12-07-2014, 05:39 AM
I always thought it was weird there was never a Killing Joke/Ministry collab or tour, given how incestuous they are (atkins and raven in ministry, connelly singing for 3/4 of KJ)

imail724
12-15-2014, 12:17 AM
MINISTRY-Anything For You: http://youtu.be/KAXX0PSq1EM

Piko
12-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all.

virushopper
12-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that at all.

Me too, I was like "What the fuck?!"

ManBurning
12-15-2014, 02:09 AM
That song is AWESOME!!! He needs to bust it out live on the new tour next year!

Space Suicide
12-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I love it. Here's an article on it.

Electro-Industrial Ministry > Industrial Ministry > Synth-Pop Ministry > Industrial Metal Ministry

Jinsai
01-25-2015, 09:33 PM
so Al Jourgenson has been posting some weird shit online lately, but today's Facebook updates are on a different level.

"God dammit woman I am a hard working man...I am a good man...turns out we weren't smoking bath salts but hummingbird powdered sugar......i feel like a carmelized lab rat:......what the fuckwhow just happened to me? help ????? i just woke up at the Marriot in Disneyheim with my pants down in front of strangers
the damndest things happen to ya at these NAMM shows........i need to find my car.....any help would be appreciated????? im kinda lost here'......who is this farmer chicky and why does she think we are married?............fuck .....this day sucks so far??????

im pretty sure "the handler"is why my butt hurts.......this day suxm!!!!!!!!goddamnitnwoman......im ahard working man......inam a good man..........i just love goats......is that a ducking crime or some
tin......fuckmall you mother fuckers ......wheres my car?"

Space Suicide
01-25-2015, 09:38 PM
so Al Jourgenson has been posting some weird shit online lately, but today's Facebook updates are on a different level.

"God dammit woman I am a hard working man...I am a good man...turns out we weren't smoking bath salts but hummingbird powdered sugar......i feel like a carmelized lab rat:......what the fuckwhow just happened to me? help ????? i just woke up at the Marriot in Disneyheim with my pants down in front of strangers
the damndest things happen to ya at these NAMM shows........i need to find my car.....any help would be appreciated????? im kinda lost here'......who is this farmer chicky and why does she think we are married?............fuck .....this day sucks so far??????

im pretty sure "the handler"is why my butt hurts.......this day suxm!!!!!!!!goddamnitnwoman......im ahard working man......inam a good man..........i just love goats......is that a ducking crime or some
tin......fuckmall you mother fuckers ......wheres my car?"

Haha whoa!

I think he's back on the sauce. :p

SM Rollinger
02-22-2015, 09:12 AM
ManBurning , did you say in the Manson thread you just saw Ministry at Soundwave? Details plz

(sorry to call you out, i just dint want to get OT over there)

Sutekh
02-22-2015, 10:26 AM
same old by the looks of it, a couple of new songs, 3 W songs and nwo/thieves/just one fix encore
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ministry/2015/royal-melbourne-showgrounds-melbourne-australia-13ca4d95.html

virushopper
02-22-2015, 11:50 AM
same old by the looks of it, a couple of new songs, 3 W songs and nwo/thieves/just one fix encore
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ministry/2015/royal-melbourne-showgrounds-melbourne-australia-13ca4d95.html

In Al's defense though it is a festival gig. When the American leg kicks in we should know what the actual set list is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7uPs6pszg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5mQRz_az9w

Piko
02-22-2015, 02:24 PM
He was pretty straight forward about the set list before the tour was even announced. So, it's not surprising at all.

fillow
02-22-2015, 03:11 PM
He was pretty straight forward about the set list before the tour was even announced. So, it's not surprising at all.
He was saying they will play the latest album in full, if I'm not mistaken

Airbornefeline
02-22-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm wanting to get into Ministry. I'm listening to the latest album right now and I'm really digging it. What other albums should I check out? What's considered his best album?

Piko
02-22-2015, 03:18 PM
Land of Rape and Honey, Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, and Psalm 69

ManBurning
02-22-2015, 05:18 PM
@ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) , did you say in the Manson thread you just saw Ministry at Soundwave? Details plz

(sorry to call you out, i just dint want to get OT over there)

Yeah, they played a good set. Nothing special or anything, as the above posters have posted the setlist, you can just check it out. Band played well though, Al was in good spirits. Not sure if they open every show like this, but before the band hit the stage, Al said from backstage into the mic "Go over to the Merch booth and buy some Ministry T-shirts. I repeat, this is Uncle Al speaking and I got a pretty high bar tab last night and I need to pay for it by selling some t-shirts, so go buy some T-shirts so I can pay for my booze" it was pretty funny.

I am not at all familiar with the new album, never heard it before, but the first 3 songs were new. They have some side shows planned this week around Melbourne/Sydney. I'm not attending any of them, but maybe they'll play a more varied or longer set when they headline their own show.

virushopper
02-24-2015, 05:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4xZh92r.jpg

Shadaloo
02-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Money saved.

:(

Sutekh
02-25-2015, 05:40 AM
can anyone think of another band with such an amazing catalogue of songs that steadfastly refuses to play fucking any of them

Seriously why do they not play stigmata

Mutilated
02-25-2015, 05:57 AM
​What a lame setlist, Jourgensen is such a douchebag these days (years).... what a disappointment.

Arcspiral
02-25-2015, 10:27 AM
Here's the setlist from the show I saw in 2003. Such a good mix of songs on this tour, also the last one Barker was on. I'm glad I got to see some of these songs played live.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ministry/2003/fillmore-auditorium-denver-co-7bd17a2c.html

Uneven Stephen
02-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Nice, Arcspiral! I was at that show too. Amazing set.

henryeatscereal
02-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Going to watch them in March the 13th, after looking to that setlist i'm not that excited anymore but hope to make the most of it, it's been 10 years since i saw them live and i'm hoping they play at least an special song for Mexico (highly unlikely).

In my opinion only 2 songs from "From Beer to eternity" should be on the setlist...

ViN
02-27-2015, 01:16 AM
From what I hear, there's a Ministry/Godflesh tour going on in Australia right now? Fuck you Aussies. Even if Ministry live in 2015 is a joke.

Sutekh
02-27-2015, 09:22 AM
yeah it's a shame ministry aren't on first, then you could just show up for the encore and have old ministry songs as a warmup for godflesh

Halo Infinity
03-05-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm wanting to get into Ministry. I'm listening to the latest album right now and I'm really digging it. What other albums should I check out? What's considered his best album?

Land of Rape and Honey, Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, and Psalm 69
After those albums, I would also recommend With Sympathy, Twitch, Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon.

can anyone think of another band with such an amazing catalogue of songs that steadfastly refuses to play fucking any of them

Seriously why do they not play stigmata
I've also wondered that as well, and wished that I could've heard a few songs from Filth Pig or Dark Side of the Spoon, but that also hasn't happened for quite some time. As for why he does that, this interview from 1992 seems to explain it. Al Jourgensen said that he intentionally tries to refrain from performing songs that were on 3 albums or more prior to his latest release, even though he still performs Thieves and So What. He calls it upgrading the shows. Oh, and aside from Stigmata, I would've also liked to have seen Breathe too, but that probably isn't going to happen either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4TuQ8MQNRs

Exocet
03-05-2015, 03:43 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=osaW9b14wuA

the last Barker album Animositisomnia has grown on me loads recently.

Khrz
03-05-2015, 04:34 PM
That album feels like it's the "Fine, have it your way you ungrateful doped ape !" album when it comes to Barker. You can feel his touch on some of the compositions, most of the time it feels like he just threw his hands in the air...

imail724
03-11-2015, 02:34 PM
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2015/03/11/trax-box-ministry-wax-trax-record-store-day/

Shadaloo
03-11-2015, 04:03 PM
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2015/03/11/trax-box-ministry-wax-trax-record-store-day/

*exploding jizz everywhere*

fillow
03-12-2015, 03:49 AM
Wanted to make an obligatory "expensive divorce" joke, but this actually looks nice.
I detect 10 songs Ministry sings that are new to me (although I believe most of them were available in bootleg form anyway).
At least half of track labeled "unreleased" actually were released already.

fillow
03-12-2015, 04:01 AM
Here's a good Prongs post elaborating on the content
http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?post=116286#116286

wizfan
04-04-2015, 01:39 PM
I want to do a cover of N.W.O. and I STILL can't figure out what the scream in the chorus is. Is it just Al saying "aaaahhh"? Is he actually saying something (it sounds like "aaaah strong")? Is it sampled from a movie? The Prongs samples (http://www.prongs.org/ministry/samples) page doesn't have an info on this.

imail724
04-04-2015, 03:07 PM
I always thought it sounds like Al yelling "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSCLO WNNNNNNNNNNN"

NotoriousTIMP
04-05-2015, 12:24 AM
I just got confirmation from my local store that they ordered the Ministry RSD release for me :)

dionysus74
04-05-2015, 08:16 AM
I just got confirmation from my local store that they ordered the Ministry RSD release for me :)

How much does it cost?

NotoriousTIMP
04-05-2015, 08:39 AM
$160 (ten characters)

Triggermine
04-05-2015, 03:38 PM
I want to do a cover of N.W.O. and I STILL can't figure out what the scream in the chorus is. Is it just Al saying "aaaahhh"? Is he actually saying something (it sounds like "aaaah strong")? Is it sampled from a movie? The Prongs samples (http://www.prongs.org/ministry/samples) page doesn't have an info on this.

I covered this song for one of my old bands, and did extensive hunting for samples. One thing to note is that one of the guitar parts is actually another sample from "Apocalypse Now." I had no idea about this when I was gathering each sample, and my mind was blown when I heard it play from a radio in the movie. Anyway, I also have no clue what Al screams during that part, so I just sampled it from the song.

Edit: Here's my version of the track - https://soundcloud.com/triggermine/kill-arsenal-nwo-ministry-cover

wizfan
04-05-2015, 05:40 PM
I covered this song for one of my old bands, and did extensive hunting for samples. One thing to note is that one of the guitar parts is actually another sample from "Apocalypse Now." I had no idea about this when I was gathering each sample, and my mind was blown when I heard it play from a radio in the movie. Anyway, I also have no clue what Al screams during that part, so I just sampled it from the song.

Edit: Here's my version of the track - https://soundcloud.com/triggermine/kill-arsenal-nwo-ministry-cover

Pretty spot-on! Where did you get the "hep, hep, hep, hep" sample from? There is a good one in the beginning of The Exorcist III!

Piko
04-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Full Metal jacket? When I hear that "ahhhh" part, I thought it was "I tried".

Triggermine
04-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Pretty spot-on! Where did you get the "hep, hep, hep, hep" sample from? There is a good one in the beginning of The Exorcist III!

Thanks. :) I don't remember where I found that specific sample (I want to say that it was also in "Apocalypse Now"), but here's this one: https://youtu.be/AeDq_tCCj3o Go to 1:55.

Leviathant
04-05-2015, 09:28 PM

It always sounded like "OOOOOOUTSIIIIIDE" to me. *shrug*

Senateguard33
04-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Same here, I'm super stoked!

nemesiswontdie
04-17-2015, 10:22 PM
There isn't a single record store here that has any copies of the Trax Box. I am severely depressed about it. Hopefully it's up for download or someone is kind enough to put it up for a free download sometime tomorrow or so. I'm dying to hear some of these unreleased tracks. Good luck tomorrow guys!

NotoriousTIMP
04-19-2015, 01:25 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/18/17d134bee9b011369b7fba8bf9101f78.jpg

NotoriousTIMP
04-19-2015, 02:59 PM
So I've listened to the early ministry tracks and the live songs have banter from Al and he sounds really happy. I'm still convinced that he hates that era only so he doesn't lose fans from his current fan base

Oh and the TR mix is different from the one that has been floating around. I think it's been TR's vocals all along as this one doesn't have any distortion on them.

Senateguard33
04-20-2015, 06:54 PM
I got a copy of this on Record Store Day. I still haven't gotten over the excitement. I have to say, this is by far Ministry's best material, IMO.

Shadaloo
04-20-2015, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSeGdJUZrAk

UNF. I gotta see if I can track one of these down.

nemesiswontdie
04-20-2015, 09:34 PM
UNF. I gotta see if I can track one of these down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mij9G3oZx8s

You can buy the box set from Cleopatra's official site. Only 33 left right now. They seem to be going decently fast, so I'd hurry up and get one if I were you. I can't afford it right now after pre-ordering a bunch of toys or else I would hop on this set.

http://cleorecs.com/store/shop/ministry-trax-box-7-cds-lp-booklet/

wizfan
04-20-2015, 10:07 PM
Warning, there seems to be a manufacturing error on one of the discs. http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?post=117618#117618

Senateguard33
04-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Disc one has an error with the track "He's Angry". If you bought the set, contact Cleopatra Records and they will issue a replacement disc.

ManBurning
04-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Since there is no Coal Chamber thread, I'm leaving this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reS5QpGf4b8#t=17

Senateguard33
04-22-2015, 02:41 PM
^Thumbs up for the collaboration, thumbs down for the song.

Shadaloo
04-22-2015, 05:05 PM
I can't afford it right now after pre-ordering a bunch of toys or else I would hop on this set.

Hilariously, this is the exact same scenario I find myself in. Fucking Transformers addiction.

The bottom line though, as much as I want this, I can't justify it to myself. Well over 3/4 of the material here's in circulation already (Early Trax/the recent Twelve Inch Singles reissue, and IIRC those Revco CDs are just the same ones from the last round of reissues, even), and I don't even own a turntable so that LP is useless to me.

Moreover, Cleopatra have a tendency to farm their assets. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new stuff here come out again in a different format in a year's time.

I'll wait for the drip, and once it does I'll compile that Ministry: 1980-1985 compilation that for now exists only in my mind's eye.

ManBurning
04-22-2015, 10:27 PM
^Thumbs up for the collaboration, thumbs down for the song.

Could have been a lot better, that's for sure. Al's part was small, but overall not bad.
Dez writes lyrics like he's still 16 years old, lol. His lyrics haven't improved in 2 decades. (As far as Coal Chamber goes anyway. Didn't follow Devildriver much so can't really speak for them).

Senateguard33
04-23-2015, 11:16 AM
The bottom line though, as much as I want this, I can't justify it to myself. Well over 3/4 of the material here's in circulation already (Early Trax/the recent Twelve Inch Singles reissue, and IIRC those Revco CDs are just the same ones from the last round of reissues, even), and I don't even own a turntable so that LP is useless to me.

Moreover, Cleopatra have a tendency to farm their assets. I wouldn't be surprised to see the new stuff here come out again in a different format in a year's time.

I'll wait for the drip, and once it does I'll compile that Ministry: 1980-1985 compilation that for now exists only in my mind's eye.

I hope they do release a compilation of just the unreleased tracks, that would be a smart move. I went ahead and picked up the set. I never owned the live Revco album and my original copy of Side Trax is the crappy mono version. My previous copy of Beers Steers and Queers is also the original, so having all the remixes and B-sides added is a plus. The vinyl is awesome and so is the book.

But you are right...I have no doubt Cleo will milk this stuff. I would have held off on buying the Twelve Inch Singles re-issue if I knew this set was right around the corner.

Shadaloo
04-23-2015, 03:48 PM
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10569106_931212446900030_1278296917337532989_n.jpg ?oh=22f300ea4535965fbfacdb875b256018&oe=55E51704

pfff HAHAHAHAHAHA

That album`s good though :(

Senateguard33
04-23-2015, 04:08 PM
I think it's just With Sympathy that he doesn't like. Someone over at Prongs went to the show and asked him to release more early stuff. Al said the tracks that aren't on With Sympathy are pretty good.

Shadaloo
04-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Pretty mind-blowing that he`s stepping up and owning some of his early work. I like WS for what it is, but it`s true that if there`d been a full album that contained the likes of Wait, Overkill, He`s Angry and I`m Falling, it`d kick WS`s ass to here and back.

Piko
04-23-2015, 04:36 PM
His main gripe about WS is mostly about the label having him make the album they wanted him to make. Thing is, it's not too different from the stuff he was doing at that time. I dunno... I like WS.

Shadaloo
04-26-2015, 02:22 AM
If you compare the WS demos to the finished version, there does seem to be a wee bit less overall pop influence present, no background singers at some points. I can see how they might have foisted elements on him to add to it that made him uncomfortable.

But then you've got stuff like the Work For Love demo with the goofy "You ain't got what it takes' "But I'm willing to woooooooooooooooorrrrk!" exchange, which is silly and kind of great. Who knows.

So yeah, drippy drip drip. After a few listens, I'm rather glad I didn't shell out the 200 for this, but if they did an early-Ministry only compilation for like a hundred, I'd hop on that. It's pretty crazy how suddenly we've got no less than 2 versions of Same Old Madness on disc to enjoy where a short time ago there were none.

For the life of me I cannot figure out whether he re-recorded vocals for 'I'll do anything for you'. Seems likely.

Standouts for me are the demos of The Game Is Over, Let's Be Happy and Wait. It's a godsend that songs basically came out mostly formed from this period, I can barely even think of them as demos at all. :)

Halo Infinity
05-05-2015, 07:22 PM
So I'm going to be seeing Ministry live for the second time tomorrow, and I'm thankful that it's going to be at Irving Plaza. It'll also be the second time I'll be at Irving Plaza, as I went there for the first time to see my first Killing Joke concert.

I guess I might have to assume that the entire set-list will mostly be songs from Relapse and From Beer to Eternity with several songs from the Bush trilogy thrown in there, right?

I know it would most likely never happen, and by most likely, I mean like 99.9% as I'm very well aware of the odds, but I wish there would be songs from Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon in those set-lists. And if he can reach back for Thieves, So What and Psalm 69, I don't see why performing The Land of Rape and Honey, Stigmata and Breathe should be a problem either, even though I still understand why Al prefers things that way. It's not that I have a problem with the later albums either, as none of them prevented me from sticking with Ministry, but I can still see and agree with the fans that would want to hear more songs from different albums.

And with the music he's made since 1981, I've always seen it as a lost opportunity to play around (As in trolling, but in a good way.) with his audience of all eras. Walk in the Park was one of the songs I had mind. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPVH1PjYgXQ

With all that said, I'm definitely psyched. If you see somebody with an ETS T-shirt and a Nine Inch Nails cap from the NIN/JA tour, that's me. I changed my mind, as I thought that I'd at least wear the ETS shirt once to any concert of any band that's had any association/connection with NIN before.

Apologies in advance if I don't have much to say though. I suppose it's quite the pleasure for me, since I'm not really that much of a concert person as mentioned in the past. Anyway, even if it could go without saying for the likes of me, I just hope to have a very great time. :D

I still wish it was on a Friday night or a Saturday night though. Those nights just feel more right for concerts, but that's just me. :p

On the brighter side, at least it's during spring. This is also just me, but rock concerts are so much better in spring and summer. I'm not so fond of going outside in the autumn and winter anyway, especially for something as late as a rock concert. It's even much better knowing that Irving Plaza is one of the venues closest to my house.

Halo Infinity
05-05-2015, 07:25 PM
An updated version of America would seem like it would fit in very nicely next to any of the Bush trilogy songs as well. It easily became one of my favorite Ministry songs before With Sympathy came out. I just thought I'd point that out too. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6wwgIY1Lo

Sutekh
05-06-2015, 01:59 PM
And if he can reach back for Thieves, So What and Psalm 69, I don't see why performing The Land of Rape and Honey, Stigmata and Breathe should be a problem either,

I would be happy with literally those songs and nothing else

Halo Infinity
05-06-2015, 02:16 PM
An ideal set-list for me, excluding rarities, B-sides and anything that came out before The Land of Rape and Honey would be a decent combination of In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up and Sphinctour, with some hints of Dark Side of the Spoon. With that being said, I actually feel quite the same way as you do too. :)

I just love the way Breathe builds up here. It's one of my most favorite parts of In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up. I just love the drumming. I think PB4PB also known as "What used to be the Piss Army." called it, "DUN! DUN! D-D-DUN!", or something like that. I'd be so stoked if I ever actually caught it live. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_wFTW3ME44

Sutekh
05-06-2015, 02:22 PM
I've watched that version so many times... I can't bear the studio one now

and the visuals of people in suits zombie walking to work, industrial plants etc... it's just so perfect

Shadaloo
05-06-2015, 06:04 PM
My ideal Ministry setlist would be a tad heavy on Twelve Inch Singles and Twitch material; and run up to HOTM. Something like this:

Animosity
Bad Blood
Dead Guy
Worthless
You Know What You Are
Over The Shoulder
All Day
Same Old Madness
The Game Is Over
We Believe
Burning Inside
The Missing
Thieves
Stigmata
Just One Fix

Encore:

Jesus Built My Hotrod
Just Like You
Revenge

Encore 2:

Every Day Is Halloween

While I know he'll never own up to WS itself, the fact that these days he's willing to dig up unheard tracks from the pre-Twitch era gives me a little hope. Maybe we'll get a retrospective tour one day.

Halo Infinity
05-07-2015, 02:57 AM
I was certainly surprised to hear no songs from Relapse this time around. I'd also like to admit that Hail to His Majesty (Peasants) and PermaWar sounded much better than I expected it to. And as expected, there were a lot of songs from Houses of the Molé, Rio Grande Blood and The Last Sucker. As of now, I actually think I like Houses of the Molé and Rio Grande Blood more than The Last Sucker as far as whole albums go. However, I still loved hearing Watch Yourself and Life Is Good live.

This is just me, but Al certainly still knows how to put on one hell of a show, in spite of me still wanting some songs being traded for others, since it was very identical to my first Ministry concert give or take a few songs. I was definitely satisfied nonetheless. Hearing Waiting, Worthless, Rio Grande Blood, Señor Peligro and LiesLiesLies actually threw me back to how much I loved those albums when I first listened to them. LiesLiesLies also sounded so much better live too. I also still would've loved to hear Worm though. And speaking of sounding better, I think Irving Plaza also sounded much better than the Best Buy Theater did, or so it seems.

I also noticed that there was a visual on the entire Ministry discography. I could've sworn that it just started with Twitch. I suppose it still proves that he's still okay with his synthpop and new wave days. Like many other fans of earlier Ministry though, I still have a feeling that he might be pretending to hate With Sympathy. It's hard to be completely convinced, since those videos on YouTube reveals that he actually enjoyed performing songs like Effigy (I'm Not An), Revenge, I Wanted to Tell Her and Work For Love, so I still don't really buy Al's story about hating With Sympathy to the extent of calling it an abortion of an album.

And speaking of trolling earlier, I suppose that I felt a bit trolled when I heard a few seconds of what sounded like Lava only to be switched for Khyber Pass, which was then finished off with Enjoy the Quiet. I was thinking and even saying that I hoped it was a Lava, and that I was glad that a Filth Pig song managed to make its way into the set-list. However, I just ended up saying damn it once Khyber Pass started playing. Don't get me wrong, I still liked it, but would've loved Lava a lot more. I actually would've preferred Lava followed by Grace. I also still wondered why Al won't perform Breathe either, and surprisingly, there was also no Psalm 69 to be heard.

It's kind of funny as there were also drinks named Stigmata and Psalm 69 at the bar too. Oh, and I know that I'm very late on mentioning this, as I'm sure lots of people have already called this, but I think Al just makes farewell tours since they attract far more attention and ticket sales as opposed to him just simply stating that he's on an indefinite hiatus. He did however, admit that he was concealing his ailments on his first attempt at "retirement" though.

With that being said, it still makes me wonder just how long his next "farewell" will be. I'll also admit that I was fooled the first time back in 2008, but not anymore. :p

Oh yeah, and hearing the Pigface version of Suck during the intermission was pretty cool too. On my first Ministry concert, Mr Self Destruct was played instead. :)

Oh, and even better, as somebody got to upload the entire performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36DIWGctUeQ

Halo Infinity
05-07-2015, 07:53 PM
As mentioned, I just found this a few hours ago, and it also had one more video to continue it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLzMDSGL94U

-Rather than bump this thread again, I just thought of posting this here since I've accidentally omitted this part of my attendance.-

I also forgot to mention that I saw Sin Quirin walk next to the line I was standing on. He seemed to know a couple that had VIP passes at the time, which immediately granted them access to visit the rest of the band ASAP. I'm sure they had a blast. I definitely didn't say anything though, but that really was the closest I've ever been to a rock star of any kind. It's not like he was randomly chatting with the rest of the line, so I didn't say anything, and even if he did, I'd hardly have anything to say, aside from perhaps giving him props for his work on The Last Sucker to From Beer to Eternity. I've always had struggles and difficulties when it came to making conversation with new people, or people I don't know well anyway.

And well, he also seemed to have the right idea as he was taking sips of Dunkin' Donuts coffee. A caffeine fix is always great before a rock concert, as I also had Mountain Dew and Mike and Ike that day.

NotoriousTIMP
05-08-2015, 02:40 PM
Forgot to mention that my replacement disc came in the mail :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/08/4189b9bf574709017573ae1113d43a7d.jpg

virushopper
05-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Just got back home from tonight's show in So Cal.

Prior to the show I did check the set list at the other gigs to get an idea what to look for.

I have to say I was fine with the set list. Lot's of back to back heavy songs. This is also the most active I have seen Al on stage in years. Like he was literally moving back and forth on stage and really seemed to enjoy it. Especially compared to the 2006 where he just stood there and sang. The band sounded great and like Kris the live versions of the FBTE songs really delivered live.

Overall it was like the last several Ministry tours, and I am okay with that.

Random tidbits:
Ministry is loud.
Cesar Soto wasn't too bad on guitar.
I bought a ticket and didn't know it was a pit ticket until I had to be directed by security.
Stupid overzealous drunk chick slaps me in the head three times screaming to hear "Burning Inside".
The drummer played the opening bars to "Diety" right before the "Khyber Pass" song.

Jinsai
05-12-2015, 02:47 AM
Ministry is loud.

One of the most stupidly overloud shows I've ever seen. It just sounded like piercing distortion the whole time... This was about 4 or five years ago.... It was just over the top for me.

virushopper
05-12-2015, 02:57 AM
One of the most stupidly overloud shows I've ever seen. It just sounded like piercing distortion the whole time... This was about 4 or five years ago.... It was just over the top for me.
Well yeah, especially a couple of years ago when Al was fucking up most songs. Got to cover his mistakes up, even when he has vocal samples working for him.

That said, they sound great tonight. Al too.

Triggermine
05-13-2015, 12:08 PM
Forgot to mention that my replacement disc came in the mail :)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/08/4189b9bf574709017573ae1113d43a7d.jpg

Is it bad that I immediately noticed the Magic card?

NotoriousTIMP
05-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Not at all :) we have a thread here on ETS

Exocet
05-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Scarecrow is the best Ministry song ever, and possibly one of the best metal songs of all time. It reminds me a lot of Killing Joke...but its so Hypnotic, sexy, druggy, innovative, weird, loud, hard, the fucking perfect metal song.
The production is perfect.

Scarebear
05-17-2015, 05:38 PM
Apologies if this has been brought up before, but Paul Barker is bringing back Lead Into Gold: http://leadintogold.sexy/

There's also a pretty active Facebook page for it.

I'm excited.

virushopper
05-18-2015, 03:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fgbbje7j6A

DVYDRNS
05-19-2015, 10:18 AM
^^^^ that sounded horrible...

Fork = Done.

Piko
05-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Seems more energetic than last time at least.

ziltoid
07-08-2015, 11:29 AM
29 years ago today Twitch was released. I've grown to love this album and twitched over the years.

Strange enough I had no clue that there was a music video for Over the shoulder.
Seeing it now it seems so dated but awesome at the same time. It makes me wish I was in my teens during the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQozjL_Xi88

Sutekh
07-08-2015, 01:10 PM
it's directed by peter from throbbing gristle & coil (his videography has quite a few surprises)

Shadaloo
07-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Speaking of Twitch, Cleopatra are releasing a 1986 Toronto live CD in some sort of semi-official capacity. They've been selling them on EBay it seems, and folks on Prongs have been picking them up. (http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=119377;page=1;sb =post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=6418767)

wizfan
10-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Listening to the Trax! Box CDs. Why did they have to master everything so loud :( Are the vinyls the same deal?

fillow
11-29-2015, 05:50 PM
I was looking for any drum covers of Burning Inside on youtube and instead found this awesomeness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnsgAufk1fc

Shadaloo
11-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Al Jourgensen has a Patreon now. (https://www.patreon.com/aljourgensen?ty=h) You can pay him a monthly fee to get a sneak peek at what's up in his day-to-day life.

*sigh*

virushopper
11-30-2015, 02:17 PM
Al Jourgensen has a Patreon now. (https://www.patreon.com/aljourgensen?ty=h) You can pay him a monthly fee to get a sneak peek at what's up in his day-to-day life.

*sigh*

That is too funny.

A New World Order!

fillow
11-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Can't wait to laugh my ass off reading what prongs forums have to say about this.

Piko
11-30-2015, 02:42 PM
1000 bucks for a postcard, and maybe a phone call? Wtf? I had heard about this before. The first I've seen though. Connelly even shared it on facebook, which I found odd. I get trying to crowd fund an album. But it doesn't seem like that's what he's doing. Who would pay a hundred a month? Or a thousand? It's ballsy. I'll give him that.

virushopper
01-01-2016, 01:07 PM
From last night's NYE show:

http://i.imgur.com/qWXP8At.jpg

Credit goes to the guys at the Prongs forum

Sutekh
01-25-2016, 05:16 AM
ok based on that set i am going to one of their UK shows in august... breathe live, yes please

jmtd
01-25-2016, 05:26 AM
Surprisingly attractive setlist

bobbie solo
02-01-2016, 12:40 AM
that new ridiculously priced VIP package or whatever is such bullshit. Anyone who shells out for that is an idiot.

imail724
02-26-2016, 10:49 AM
I was ready to immediately dismiss as just being more late period Ministry just under a new name, and it is to a degree. It's still super fast speed metal, but Al's voice sounds great! He's finally gotten rid of that cookie monster voice and is sounding exactly like he did in the late 80s. I won't say I'm necessarily excited for this project now, but I am definitely interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljgs9Bbe_wU

SM Rollinger
02-26-2016, 11:01 AM
I only listened to the first 30 seconds cuz im at work, but that's pretty choice. Im glad the cookie monster vocals are gone, al was never good at em.

Maximilian
02-26-2016, 11:04 AM
I like a lot!

Piko
02-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Much, much better than I was expecting. I'm intrigued.

SM Rollinger
03-24-2016, 05:56 PM
http://minneapolistoxicairfestival.com/

2 of my favorite bands of all time, and its on a Saturday. Seriously thinking about this one...

virushopper
04-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Uh wow....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XHd06qr-Q

Shadaloo
04-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Okay, that was actually really hilarious, and it's a very welcome turn from what I was expecting (more thrash-Ministry). His vocals sound really good. I'm keeping an eye on this one now.

Piko
04-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Well shit. That came from out of nowhere. And I was only expecting just another metal album. Pretty cool. Repetitive, but cool. Very nice change of pace.

SM Rollinger
04-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Awesome

10chr

ziltoid
04-02-2016, 12:29 AM
Bells Into Machines did a cover of So What, which happens to be one of my favorite songs from ministry.
Pretty cool even though it sounds more like a remix than an actual cover to me.
I wonder what the actual finished version would sound like if its not just a one off demo.

https://soundcloud.com/burning-city-frontiers/so-what-2016demo

Space Suicide
04-02-2016, 12:53 AM
I loved that.

ziltoid
04-02-2016, 01:03 AM
Yeah I listened to it a couple times more and its really great but it can't top this masterpiece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TjzdbNwTCY

imail724
04-08-2016, 12:12 PM
Always room for Jello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJUcASLHjE

wizfan
04-08-2016, 03:27 PM
Always room for Jello

I'm surprised he's still friends with Jello. It seems like he's one of the few musicians of the old Ministry era that he still works with. He has pretty much told everyone else to fuck off.

Piko
04-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Always room for Jello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSJUcASLHjE

Eh, it's alright.

imail724
04-15-2016, 10:05 AM
...so has anyone listened to the album yet? I'm seeing mixed reviews with some people saying it's a return to form and others saying it's just more of the same nonsense he's been churning out for the past 10 years.

Mutilated
04-15-2016, 10:11 AM
...so has anyone listened to the album yet? I'm seeing mixed reviews with some people saying it's a return to form and others saying it's just more of the same nonsense he's been churning out for the past 10 years.

A return to form?! Holy shit. No. Its possibly less worse than From Beer To Eternity, that's about as nice as I can be. But yeah, its absolutely fucking shite. Its just bad music, a waste of time.

Space Suicide
04-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Music is good. The lyrics not so much. Might've worked with genuine 90's output but now it just seems kinda random.

Piko
04-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Return to form? Nah. Better and more focused than the last few releases though. Calling it better than albums like Last Sucker and Relapse isn't saying much though. You can tell he had some fun doing this though. Not sure what I'd rank it. But, it's a definite step up. That being said, it's not a return to form. It's not a great album. But, it's not a bad album either.

armogi
04-28-2016, 06:52 PM
that was a good read, some interesting choices too: http://thequietus.com/articles/20135-al-jourgensen-favourite-ministry-albums-interview?page=1

wizfan
04-28-2016, 08:45 PM
Animositisomina must have been a terrible experience for him. I remember that making-of video from the DVD and he looked completely uninterested about it (and his hair was dyed red!). That said, I still love this album.I'm guessing that Paul was responsible for most of the music, and I'm a HUGE fan of Barker's compositional skills. I'm dying to see him live with Puscifer. I know that Paul is generally seen as "the real brains behind Ministry", but I believe Al has always been a talented musician in his own right (though he's more known for his screaming than his guitar and keyboards skills).

The 5.1 mix of Animositisomina allows you to listen to just Paul's basslines, if you isolate the center channel. I can PM anyone who's interested.

theburningreptile
04-28-2016, 10:18 PM
Pretty new to Ministry. My favorite song is Scarecrow. Are the live albums good and what is considered the best album?

Piko
04-28-2016, 10:30 PM
In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up is pretty good. Sphinctour is good as well. The others are just bush trilogy stuff.

Besr album? Psalm 69 is the most successful. Not sure if I can pick one. Anything Al touched between 86-96 are great. Including side projects.

Saw his rankings. Kind of a bummer that he ranked Twitch so low. But at least his reasoning was logical. Love that album. Found it funny that he botched about Robert Plant being a douche instead of talking about HOTM. Overall, I enjoyed reading it.

I love Animositsomia. Not the greatest. But it's pretty damn good. The tour is their best from what I hear.

Shadaloo
04-28-2016, 10:36 PM
That will depend entirely on who you ask because Ministry have covered a LOT of genres over the years. How I'd classify them:

With Sympathy - Synthpop
Twelve Inch Singles - Synthpop/New Wave
Twitch - Industrial pop/EBM
The Land Of Rape And Honey - Aggressive/Noise/Industrial/EBM
The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste - Industrial rock/metal
Psalm 69 - Industrial metal
Filth Pig - Industrial sludge/doom metal
Dark Side Of The Spoon - Industrial stoner sludge metal (it's a really weird album)
Animositisomina - Industrial rock/metal
Houses Of The Mole - Thrashy, moderately industrial metal
Rio Grande Blood and everything after - Thrash metal

It depends what you're into. Ministry have their fans of the 90's industrial period who generally look down on the thrash years (guilty), and I've met fans of the thrash period who look down on basically everything that came before. And you've got a considerable amount of folks who despite it all prefer the early synthpop/new wave sound.

I'd define TLORAH as the most 'important' album. The group is most widely recognized as industrial pioneers and that one's considered a game-changer. But personally, I think Twitch is the best single package showing snippets of nearly everything Ministry are/were capable of. I'd check that one out to start.

For the live stuff, In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up is a classic. Toronto 1986 is essential if you like Twitch, Sphinctour is okay, and I haven't listened to Adios etc.

Also check out Revolting Cocks's first three albums. It's Al's other brainchild. A bit wackier and dancier. You honestly can't have Ministry without Revco.

ziltoid
04-28-2016, 10:45 PM
That's a loaded question!
Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what is the best ministry album.

Keep in mind that ministry's style had changed a lot. I mean a whole lot.
Throughout time since the beginning until now ministry's style has changed significantly.
Basically you can divide Ministry's albums by era just by how they sound and what decade it was released in.

Since you stated that your favorite song is scarecrow I suggest you check out Psalm 69: The Way to succeed and the way to suck eggs.
From there check out their two previous albums The mind is a terrible thing to taste and The land of Rape and Honey.
Also check out Filth pig and Dark Side of the Spoon as well as their singles that have B-sides and rarities.

Saw his rankings. Kind of a bummer that he ranked Twitch so low. But at least his reasoning was logical. Love that album. Found it funny that he botched about Robert Plant being a douche instead of talking about HOTM. Overall, I enjoyed reading it.

Can you provide a link to his ranking? I'm rather interested in what Uncle Al has to say about all his albums.
Edit: Never mind I saw the link a couple posts before yours.

wizfan
04-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Go watch the In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up laserdisc rip. It's so sweet.

The Sphinctour DVD is great. Love how it's stitched together from numerous shows, and that the sound is the direct soundboard mix with no multitrack editing, as is stated on the credits (the 5.1 mix is a "meh" upmix, but, then again, they didn't have any multitracks to work with, so...). The Filth Pig tracks translated very well live.

The Adios... Puta Madres DVD has a few more old Ministry songs in its setlist as opposed to the CD of the same name (though I thought that the thrash-ified intro to "Thieves" was pretty silly). I think they put out TWO Blu-rays (a Relapse one and a From Beer... one) but I haven't bothered with those. All in stereo.

I like watching YouTube bootlegs from their 2003 Animositisomina tour. Like Piko says, the band gave it their all, even if Al hated the record; they didn't play that many songs from it, which means that he didn't want to support it at all, even on its own promotional tour.

I recently watched a video of a 2015 performance and, before NWO started, Al said about the lyrics of the song "twenty fucking years and this is still happening".

ziltoid
04-28-2016, 11:56 PM
I really wish I could go back in time and be at one of those shows. It's by far my favorite line-up of Ministry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaz5V6OFQlo
That fucking drum fill in "So What" always gets me pumped.
I wish Martin Atkins would still drum. Some of his best stuff is in The Damage Manual but, he adds that aura of pure badass to Ministry that still hasn't been reproduced.

Space Suicide
05-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Jorgensen's Top 11 Favorite Side Project Songs (http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-05-04/al-jourgensen-revolting-cocks-lard-surgical-meth-machine)

All good picks, minus the last.

ChipRock
05-06-2016, 04:35 AM
All good picks

Yeah, certainly not a bad list. Nice to see Apathy get a mention - that is a fantastic track. Not that it matters, but I understood the first 1,000 Homo DJs tracks were left overs from Land of Rape and Honey. Or did I dream that?
I did have to get a bit annoyed with his Linger Ficken' Good choices - I absolutely love that album, and everyone should have a copy, but give me Creep, Dirt or Sergio any day. I'm not sure Crackin' Up or Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? are quite as funny as Al thinks they are.

Piko
05-06-2016, 02:53 PM
Story is that 1000 Homo DJs are outtakes. It was something Jim Nash had apparently said to Al. Something like, "at least 1000 Homo DJs will hear them.". Paraphrasing.

Shadaloo
06-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Richard 23, Luc Van Acker, Chris Connelly and Paul Barker to do a 6-stop tour of the US as "The Cocks" (http://www.side-line.com/ex-revolting-cocks-members-reunite-for-6-usa-dates-as-the-cocks/)

First KMFDM, now this. Aaaaaahahahaaa

Piko
06-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Still blows my mind to see Richard 23 involved. Playing with the guy who replaced him. Pretty awesome though. I'd go apeshit if they made an album. Imo, Cocksure has only scratched the surface.

scumflesh
07-25-2016, 12:10 PM
waaa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8VuZZwhBsA

imail724
07-30-2016, 11:13 AM
Did anyone manage to check out the Bells Into Machines stream last night?

virushopper
08-07-2016, 12:08 AM
New Ministry and Revolting Cocks album next year according to Al:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84PoceUwGA

WorzelG
08-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Looking forward to seeing Ministry in London on the 20th.

fillow
08-07-2016, 06:57 AM
I just wanted him to say these will be his fastest/heaviest records ever... or the last ever... or all of those things. I mean how else is he gonna sell them to me? C'mon Al, your strategy worked so good thus far!

Piko
08-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Coherent Al is so weird. Pretty cool he sorted himself out. Ministry is no surprise. I don't really want another Cocks album from him though. Let the other guys do their thing. If he's made up with them and would work with them again, then I'll be all for it. But, I think Al should just let the Cocks be.

ad infinitum
08-07-2016, 11:39 AM
RevCo absolutely needs to die at this point. Those first several albums were fantastic, made when industrial music was exciting & relatively new & he had a solid stable of talent to draw on with Barker, Connelly, Van Acker, etc... Right place, right time, right people. Anything after the 80s & 90s stuff is a pale, sad imitation that's almost painful to listen to. But Al always did like to beat a dead horse.

wizfan
08-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Coherent Al is so weird. Pretty cool he sorted himself out. Ministry is no surprise. I don't really want another Cocks album from him though. Let the other guys do their thing. If he's made up with them and would work with them again, then I'll be all for it. But, I think Al should just let the Cocks be.

Right on. I would only listen to the new RevCo if it was a reunion album, with Al joining "The Cocks". But that would mean Al making amends with Paul, and I have no idea if this is possible at this point.

Piko
08-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I don't see it happening. Granted, Al is the only original member left even though Richard 23 is playing with Barker and co. So I dunno. I'd much rather hear their version of the Cocks than Al's

virushopper
08-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Not bad. New version of NWO too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQE6_KFKQYw

Piko
08-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Fucking Stigmata!!!

Shadaloo
08-08-2016, 09:57 AM
And "Deity". Half a setlist of thrashy Ministry and half old hits and stuff. That's a damn sight better than just shoving NWO and So What on the end and calling it a day like he's been doing for years. :D

Piko
08-08-2016, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty amazed by that setlist. He got the new thrash stuff out of the way before going to the hits. Some of which be hadn't played in years. When's the last time they played Stigmata? Or The Missing? And not only that, but they sounded tight. Good stuff. Plus, that was probably the most energetic I've seen Al. At least in the 2000s.

SM Rollinger
08-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Their new drummer adds a different dynamic to them older tracks.

SchwarzerAbt
08-09-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm going to see them in Saarbrücken on Friday. Don't know most of their newer stuff, but the setlists seem to be a good mix of the different eras. So, let's see what songs we will get...

ziltoid
08-09-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm going to see them in Saarbrücken on Friday. Don't know most of their newer stuff, but the setlists seem to be a good mix of the different eras. So, let's see what songs we will get...

Awesome I hope you post the setlist and if you value your ability to hear you should take some ear plugs. Ministry shows are notorious for being extremely loud.

SchwarzerAbt
08-09-2016, 01:41 PM
Awesome I hope you post the setlist and if you value your ability to hear you should take some ear plugs. Ministry shows are notorious for being extremely loud.

Thank you! The venue is also known for being quite loud, so that's gonna be a fierce combination. Just bought new ear plugs, so I think I'm well prepared. :-D

SchwarzerAbt
08-10-2016, 11:36 AM
Judging from past shows on setlist.fm the songs don't seem to vary much between different gigs. I'll try to remember pay attention and post it here anyways...

Microwave Jellyfish
08-11-2016, 06:22 PM
Anyone seeing them in Manchester next Friday?

DVYDRNS
08-11-2016, 07:19 PM
He's not even singing... glad he SEEMS to have sobered up. but theres nothing live about his vocals here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7cWrkSO2xI

Piko
08-11-2016, 11:47 PM
He does. Just not all of it. I'd say a lot of it is his backing tape though. He's not young anymore. So it makes sense. But yeah, he relies on it a little too much.

Just watched some of it again. Yeah, he does "sing" live. Listen to The Missing. His vocals are totally live. But some songs are definitely backing tape.

Triggermine
08-12-2016, 02:15 PM
He's definitely doing live vocals on "NWO", too. I wish he'd do more than draw out the last word of every line, though. It's not bad, but the cadence feels weird to me.

Sutekh
08-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Saw them last night in a tiny venue in cardiff, I was apprehensive but I have to say it really was very good. Up close you can see al is a lot healthier these days. Set list was pretty great but I was disappointed they didn't play breathe like they occasionally have recently. Pretty much no idea who the band were, but they were pretty tight. It wasn't that live VHS obviously, but I enjoyed the whole thing

DVYDRNS
08-17-2016, 01:52 PM
i didn't get very far into the video.

so i skipped ahead a bit. it IS nice to see Al doing a modern version of in case you didnt feel like showing up.

so that was nice.

SM Rollinger
08-17-2016, 02:02 PM
Saw them last night in a tiny venue in cardiff, I was apprehensive but I have to say it really was very good. Up close you can see al is a lot healthier these days. Set list was pretty great but I was disappointed they didn't play breathe like they occasionally have recently. Pretty much no idea who the band were, but they were pretty tight. It wasn't that live VHS obviously, but I enjoyed the whole thing
I saw Breathe in '03 and lost my shit. That and Stigmata = mind blown.

edit: Al needs to start playing Burning Inside again, that would rock.

SchwarzerAbt
08-19-2016, 04:50 PM
This is the setlist from Saarbrücken:

Hail to His Majesty (Peasants)
Punch in the Face
PermaWar
Rio Grande Blood
Señor Peligro
LiesLiesLies
Waiting
N.W.O.
Just One Fix
The Missing
Deity
Stigmata
Thieves

Psalm 69
So What

Overall a good show. The venue wasn't sold out, but there were enough people there to not make it look empty. At the start the crowd was quite calm, but as ghe show went on they were more and more into it and in the end many people were dancing. Especially during the instrumental parts in So What the atmosphere was really good.

The band was doing a good job. Al seemed quite fit and enjoying the show. At least in parts the vocals were live. I didn't pay attention close enough to tell which parts weren't. A little sad they didn't play TV II, but apart from that tbe setlist was great, so I'm not complaining.

Afterwards there was a small after show party at the venue (without the band) where they played music by Ministry, but also several songs by Nine Inch Nails and other related bands. I was a little surprised to see that Copy of A was a real floor filler. I guess my city is quite NIN affine. :-D

fillow
08-21-2016, 06:47 AM
Does anyone know what's the deal with a bonus disc of Enjoy The Quiet live album (which is a Wacken 2006 recording)?
It's an official release, but it sounds like it's recorded off the speakers blasting from behind a closed doors.

virushopper
08-21-2016, 11:40 AM
Does anyone know what's the deal with a bonus disc of Enjoy The Quiet live album (which is a Wacken 2006 recording)?
It's an official release, but it sounds like it's recorded off the speakers blasting from behind a closed doors.
I believe it is an exact rip from the TV broadcast. Which wasn't great either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1CrUsyD-X8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgD8cnIoJ_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IVswtHYwQ

Here is a somewhat better mix from a different show on that tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-OVT_iKSec

SM Rollinger
08-22-2016, 09:59 AM
This is the setlist from Saarbrücken:

Hail to His Majesty (Peasants)
Punch in the Face
PermaWar
Rio Grande Blood
Señor Peligro
LiesLiesLies
Waiting
N.W.O.
Just One Fix
The Missing
Deity
Stigmata
Thieves

Psalm 69
So What

Overall a good show. The venue wasn't sold out, but there were enough people there to not make it look empty. At the start the crowd was quite calm, but as ghe show went on they were more and more into it and in the end many people were dancing. Especially during the instrumental parts in So What the atmosphere was really good.

The band was doing a good job. Al seemed quite fit and enjoying the show. At least in parts the vocals were live. I didn't pay attention close enough to tell which parts weren't. A little sad they didn't play TV II, but apart from that tbe setlist was great, so I'm not complaining.

Afterwards there was a small after show party at the venue (without the band) where they played music by Ministry, but also several songs by Nine Inch Nails and other related bands. I was a little surprised to see that Copy of A was a real floor filler. I guess my city is quite NIN affine. :-D

Good set, and im glad to see some of the decent tracks from the Bush trilogy in there.

Also, people trying to dance to Copy of A = lolz I remember I had a Rolling Stone back in the day, and Happiness in Slavery was on the top of the UK dance charts. Weird trying to imagine people dancing to that, even in an industrial club.

imail724
09-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Anyone going to the Cocks reunion show in NYC next week?

Piko
09-07-2016, 06:03 PM
They're playing in Houston (3-4 hours away). I didn't know Luc was involved too. Hopefully there's video. Or better yet, an album.

imail724
09-08-2016, 10:26 AM
They're playing in Houston (3-4 hours away). I didn't know Luc was involved too. Hopefully there's video. Or better yet, an album.
I think it's more amazing that Richard's involved, considering he left the band after only the first album. Needless to say I'm excited for the show.

Piko
09-08-2016, 11:43 AM
True. But I had no idea that Luc was even involved until now. Pretty amazing to have Richard and Chris on the same lineup though. Especially when Chris was the one who replaced him.

imail724
09-17-2016, 02:52 PM
If you can, do yourself a favor and go see one of The Cocks reunion shows before it's too late. Last night was incredible.

ChipRock
09-20-2016, 09:09 AM
I'd be absolutely thrilled to see The Cocks - just hoping the tour goes so well they decide to do some shows in Europe. Well jealous of anyone seeing them.

I know Cold Waves have released official audio before, so I hope they'll do the same this year, but in the meantime - there's a stream up on the DNA Lounge website: https://www.dnalounge.com/webcast/archive/ - available, it seems, for a limited time. I'm just seeing if I can sort out an MP3 version (https://www.mediafire.com/?u9qlbejawhafvqt) now.

It's all very nostalgic I know, but give me this over the current Ministry band any day. Saying that - it'd be fun if this band did some Cocksure tracks too. Mmmm!

DVYDRNS
09-20-2016, 04:54 PM
I was supposed to be at the DNA lounge show. but life.

Anyway. I'll be seeing them at cold waves in chicago this weekend. so thats rad!

ViN
09-23-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't really post here much anymore, but somehow I forgot to mention I finally saw a Ministry concert this year. It was the Anarchist National Convention show with Helmet and Jello Biafra and I have a really, really long winded review posted here:

https://vnnmusick.wordpress.com/2016/07/20/act-i-live-from-the-a-n-c-jourgensenhamilton-2016-71716/

And the best part? It was actually fucking awesome! Not 9 songs off their newest album and 2 old songs at the end, but a full on real set including almost all of the In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up setlist. So now that I've seen Godflesh and Ministry, I just need to get around to seeing that old band Nine Inch Nails to round out the big 3 of industrial.