PDA

View Full Version : Ministry

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

slave2thewage
08-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Al vs. The Raccoons is the most glorious news story of 2013.

poinoup
08-16-2013, 06:35 PM
Al vs. The Raccoons is the most glorious news story of 2013.

This is one reality show I'd actually watch...

Also, lulz at the "Permawar" video. The only upside of the song is the harmonica. :) Slight reminder of "Filth Pig"

SM Rollinger
08-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I wish i could facepalm the video itself. Or better yet, Al himself.

thefragile_jake
08-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Good lord, does that song have the be 5 minutes???

Anyway, the video is hilarious. Al is like an embarrassing relative....not in the fun way either.

Stateira
08-17-2013, 11:49 AM
More of the thrilling saga of "Al vs. Wild":

Tomorrow I'll probably have to get 18 rabies shots in my stomach but I don't fucking care as long as that Disney bomb goes off . . .

Tic toc tic toc just hope I loaded the bottle right never done this b4 but this shit ends tonight even if its Mano a Mano . . .

Hey C.T comin to see ya Sunday check for rabies! . . .

So the coons are gone ,don't know if they're nocturnally hunting or just pissed off about the cayenne attack. Meanwhile I'm holding this plastic bottle of dry ice having second thoughts. Bottle seems to be bloated should I open the top a wee bit to release pressure or should I just throw it in the canal behind our house, no neighbors or casualties except for a few chemically filled carp what to do? Need answer fast this bottle looks pissed . . .

Ok just released a little bit of pressure at a time seems to be working when it stops hissing I'll throw it in the rubbish bin, recyclable of course

voidnz
08-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Marvel at this awesome video!

http://youtu.be/rwvoHP7bUAw

At least the video suits the song. Being that it's as terrible as the song.

Conan The Barbarian
08-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Ouch

You guys were not kidding on how bad this sounds.

DVYDRNS
08-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I never thought I would say it. But I am once again entertained by Al Jourgenson, Ever since I found his facebook page. Comedy Gold right here.

thefragile_jake
08-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I never thought I would say it. But I am once again entertained by Al Jourgenson, Ever since I found his facebook page. Comedy Gold right here.

Can anyone link me? For some reason I can't seem to find it.

DVYDRNS
08-18-2013, 11:40 AM
search for Alien Jourgenson

thefragile_jake
08-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Thanks! I kept looking for "Al" instead of "Alien"...

nemesiswontdie
08-18-2013, 01:28 PM

The whole Raccoon battle thing on his Facebook is fucking hilarious.

Mutilated
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I wasn't expecting much from Permawar, but there was a tiny inkling of hope inside that kinda thought maybe it'll be good. Oh dear. Looks like the rest of the labum will suck equally, or not more, than this song. What a shame. He's the industrial Ozzy Osbourne. Living in his little world (where the racoons are out to get him).

DVYDRNS
08-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Yea at least Ozzy got back together with Sabbath and they made a sludgy record like the good ol stuff. I dont see Al and Barker reuniting.

Mutilated
08-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Good point! And yeah no way, especially after Al completely destroyed PB in his book. Jeez, harsh is an understatement.

Piko
08-18-2013, 05:27 PM
They will never reunite. If Ministry were as much of a payday as a Sabbath reunion, they would jump on board in a heartbeart. But, it isn't. Al has burned many bridges over the years. No one's coming back. Especially the one's mentioned in the book.

Stateira
08-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I wasn't expecting much from Permawar, but there was a tiny inkling of hope inside that kinda thought maybe it'll be good. Oh dear. Looks like the rest of the labum will suck equally, or not more, than this song. What a shame. He's the industrial Ozzy Osbourne. Living in his little world (where the racoons are out to get him).

Or maybe a potent mixture of Ozzy Osbourne and Axl Rose?

Either way, any kind of reunion probably became impossible the day Al drank some really bad kool-aid or something and came to the conclusion that Paul was some kind of Suge Knight-esque evil mastermind who was out to kill him-- and made it clear that anyone who wouldn't support that story was persona non grata.

Stateira
08-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Ok 4 a.m. Now no sign of the vice coons goin to bed. Final score A.F.J. 1 vice coons 0. Skunk season starts now am filling in hole with concrete Monday. FUCK YOU VERMIN! Again thanx for all the tips . Went to dr.C.T. Today says I did a good job on cleaning claw wounds. Have no sign of rabies! Again washed wound with isopropyl and iodine 4 times a day, once again at yer suggestions can't thank u guys enuff

Uh, Al? The incubation period of rabies is usually about a month, not two days. :confused:

Space Suicide
08-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Evidently its News Worthy! (http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/08/19/al-jourgensen-wages-war-on-raccoons/)

voidnz
08-21-2013, 05:01 PM
You thought Permawar was bad? Wait til you here the first track of the new album Hail to His Majesty.

http://metalsanaz.com/sin-and-sanaz-show/

It's played first on this recording and then there's Al talking a bunch of dumb shit.

edit: Make that punch in the face too, although this is the best so far

Piko
08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Hail To His Majesty is MUCH better than Permawar. I think my main problem with Permawar is the vocals. Musically, it's nothing special, but it's nothing bad either. His vocals just sound lazy (as usual). On Majesty, he actually shows a little more effort. This album could be interesting. And if it is indeed the ministry album, maybe he can end it on a positive note. I don't believe it's the final album though. If this album catches any sort of momentum, Al's going to capitalize on it.

virushopper
08-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Slightly better than Permawar but still meh in my opinion.

voidnz
08-21-2013, 09:56 PM
The lyrics though.....they're fucking terrible. Like Ministry is usually bad, but this is another level.

Space Suicide
08-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Alien Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/alienjourgensenofficial?ref=stream&hc_location=stream)

It may be the 50th anniv of the I have a dream speech but it is also the 20th anniv of the last time I had to jerk off left handed. Went to the doctor yesterday to get some scar tissue dislodged from my right shoulder, my right arm is virtually useless for the next few weeks, but this morning woke up really horny so I cheated on my right hand and jerked it with my left. I put a pillow over my right so it couldn't see all the debauchery going on with my left.it actually felt really cool, looks like I will be having this affair for a while. Hope my right doesn't catch me it could wind up being a messy divorce

Lovely, really.

DVYDRNS
08-24-2013, 03:09 PM
I already unliked his page. He was funny for a few. Now he's just annoying.

virushopper
08-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Out of curiorsity I decided to listen to the new Ministry live album on Spotify and just like the last live album Al "fixes" his vocals. Hah!

Piko
08-27-2013, 09:51 PM
He needed to. His vocals were awful. He couldn't even keep up with the band. It's funny that they're selling that concert when it was televised and STILL all over youtube.

aggroculture
08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I haven't been able to get through a single update.

SM Rollinger
08-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Out of curiorsity I decided to listen to the new Ministry live album on Spotify and just like the last live album Al "fixes" his vocals. Hah!
WTF Al? weaksauce man. I remember it specifically saying in the sphinctour booklet that there was no overdubs. This is sad news indeed.

Piko
08-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Sphinctour wasn't the last live album. Adios Puta Madres was.

SM Rollinger
08-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah, i know. I was just "harken-ing back to the good 'ole days", u kno? Back when Al could still bring the goods. Like ICUDFLSU, ala Burning Inside

Piko
08-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Back when Al gave a shit and didn't release half assed albums for a quick buck? Yeah, me too...

Prettybrokenspiral
08-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Another great musician claimed by the throes of sobriety.

Piko
08-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Another great musician claimed by the throes of sobriety.

And yes-men.

imail724
08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Full album leaked a few minutes ago.. do I bother?

Piko
08-30-2013, 10:37 AM
I'd say yes... 1) because I'm at work and curious to hear about it. And 2) what's there to lose? It seems like it could have some decent moments. And from the three songs that ive heard, it's easily better than Relapse (if that even counts for much). Ministry is one of those bands that I'll check out either way, shit or not. Masochistic curiosity, I call it.

imail724
08-30-2013, 10:41 AM
What was the third track you heard? I only heard Permawar and Hail to his Majesty. I don't know if I can pull myself away from playing HM on repeat to listen to the new Ministry right now though.

Piko
08-30-2013, 11:27 AM
I can't say I blame you. Not ready to put HM down either. Third one is Punch to the Face.

Reaps
08-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not downloading it.. too scared it will soil my new found love of music thanks to trent's latest offering.

I'll wait till i get drunk first..

Halo Infinity
08-30-2013, 04:31 PM
I'm positive that From Beer to Eternity is the next album I'll be getting with, or right after Hesitation Marks. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind newer Ministry that much. I've always found something to like in just about all of his post-Paul Barker albums. :p

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the entire album just sounded liked a combination of The Last Sucker and Relapse.

Piko
08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
From what i've heard, it sounds like a mix of The Last Sucker, Relapse, and some "older ideas". Some riffs remind me of Filth Pig for example. It's still a metal album though.

Space Suicide
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
I'll give it a spin after I find a torrent. I gave that shitstain known as Relapse a fair chance and I can give a go with this one.

Piko
08-30-2013, 06:25 PM
If I could draw, I'd totally make a Al cartoon with raccoons.

Piko
08-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Happy tree friends meets Jourgensen

Space Suicide
08-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Hail to his Majesty (Peasants) is actually pretty good and harkens back to older Ministry. I use that description loosely but you'll see when you hear it.

Piko
08-30-2013, 06:51 PM
The album might actually not be so bad... They definitely tried to make it sound "old school". Enjoy The Quiet is along the lines of Grace (Psalm 69) with straight noise. One track, can't rememher which, even sounds kinda barker-ish. TV4 is interesting as well. This doesn't feel right. Maybe I'll go lay down now...

Halo Infinity
09-01-2013, 02:31 AM
I still think I'd also like to see Ministry in the next tour. I also almost forgot to post this in case it wasn't posted here before. From the looks of it, Al Jourgensen said that he prefers to usually not go further than at least two to three albums back when touring, so it looks like he has been doing that long before Houses of the Mole was even a thought. I still wish he'd do the opposite of that too, and I'm apparently not alone as I've seen on this thread. I know I shouldn't hold my breath for older tracks, but I'd still love them if they were to be played. I also saw Ministry live at the Best Buy Theater in NYC last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4TuQ8MQNRs

Skip to the 2:00 mark to hear it. He said they keep throwing the old stuff out in order to upgrade the gigs. (But of course, even I'd beg to differ, even though I like newer Ministry.) And well, I also had no idea as a newer fan. I thought he only did that since 2004. And sorry if this was posted before, but I kind of doubt that it was.

-Edit-

Oh yes, and I also got Fix: The Ministry Movie last year too. It was very well worth it. It really did a great job at being "Sphinctour: Behind The Scenes". :p

Space Suicide
09-01-2013, 02:39 AM
He seemed grounded, smart and very into his work in that video. What happened?

I know, drugs. Even besides that, he's an utter clown now. Not to mention the dumbass, gratuitous piercings.

virushopper
09-01-2013, 03:53 AM
The oldest song he has ever done in the past 3 tours I believe is Stigmata on the Rio Grande Blood tour.

SM Rollinger
09-01-2013, 10:10 AM
And thats too bad, he has a vast, diverse catalog too.

I wish he would embrace his older material live, and im not talking about WS era shit either. Tracks like Missing/Diety, Golden Dawn, Breathe, Over the Shoulder, The Fall, Broken, and i could go on and on and on. It would be great to see him take a Reznor-ish approach to the live sets, ie: 1/3 new stuff, 1/3 of the stuff you know people came to hear, and 1/3 deep cuts. That way everybody is happy.

But nooooooo, its just more thrash metal and more thrash metal.

Piko
09-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I still remember the CULaTour fiasco in 08. They promoted the hell out of it with "a set reflecting on the bands 30 year rich, provocative history". Instead, what we got was overpriced tickets and a set of bush, 3-4 old ones, and 3-4 covers...

I got my money back when I found that out.

Tyson
09-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I must say, I think Last Sucker was a fitting close, and I haven't enjoyed the two albums since. I literally couldn't make it all the way through PermaWar. All Hail was at least tolerable, but ultimately boring to me.

Piko
09-01-2013, 10:47 AM
He ruined it by having two more "final" albums though. I prefer The Last Sucker over Rio Grande Blood and the ones that come after. I stand behind this statement 100%, HOTM was his last great album.

Tyson
09-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I still enjoy his last three albums (I still refer to the GWB trilogy as the last albums). I think HotM and RGB were good, but Last Sucker could have benefited from having everything after Death and Destruction removed. A seven song EP would have been fine, because, in my opinion, the album loses steam and begins to become a bit of a confused mess after that. Sadly, it's continued to be a confused mess after that. If you're gonna quit then quit. If you wanna come back after you quit at least make an honest, worthwhile attempt. Don't come back just because you have some leftover crap you can turn into a couple of CDs.

thefragile_jake
09-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Okay, I'm listening now and it's nowhere I can't stop laughing at Al's cookie monster voice. I know it's nothing new but I just find it funny he keeps resorting to that.

EDIT: Hahahaha, the lyrics to "Fairly Unbalanced" get off to a great start.

imail724
09-01-2013, 11:32 AM
I must say, I think Last Sucker was a fitting close, and I haven't enjoyed the two albums since. I literally couldn't make it all the way through PermaWar. All Hail was at least tolerable, but ultimately boring to me.

I agree. I love hotm, and I think TLS is better than rgb. Relapse was god awful and I still haven't listened to the new one yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Halo Infinity
09-01-2013, 12:38 PM
And thats too bad, he has a vast, diverse catalog too.

I wish he would embrace his older material live, and im not talking about WS era shit either. Tracks like Missing/Diety, Golden Dawn, Breathe, Over the Shoulder, The Fall, Broken, and i could go on and on and on. It would be great to see him take a Reznor-ish approach to the live sets, ie: 1/3 new stuff, 1/3 of the stuff you know people came to hear, and 1/3 deep cuts. That way everybody is happy.

But nooooooo, its just more thrash metal and more thrash metal.
I completely agree with you there. I'd also love to hear a lot more tracks from Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon too. I wish they weren't ignored the way they are now. And if not With Sympathy tracks, it would be awesome to hear updated Twitch tracks beefed up too. (As you've said in a way. And from the looks of it, perhaps Al seems to be more proud of his Bush Trilogy over the likes of Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon.)

And just out of curiosity, is Houses of the Mole the most favored and listenable album out of the entire Bush Trilogy to most people here? That seems to be the case.

He seemed grounded, smart and very into his work in that video. What happened?

I know, drugs. Even besides that, he's an utter clown now. Not to mention the dumbass, gratuitous piercings.
Oh yes, I also can't deny that it's as if Al doesn't give a shit about his work these days. He even mocks it himself and called his recent albums crap in a suggestive and sarcastic manner. He really used to appear to be far more into it when he was younger. (Perhaps due to not being able to get away with as much. I'm just guessing again.)

-I'm sorry, I can't find the interview right now, but Al really called his recent work shit.-

Piko
09-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Back then he was into the stuff he did and making music in general. Nowadays, he makes it real clear how much he hates touring and recording, hence why he outsources the music to the band he works with. I think he genuinely wants to retire, but can't. He doesn't want to do Ministry, but yet that's his meal ticket. Every album will be his last at this point. I expect him to be even more hands off as he continues. And that's where it goes downhill. But, if you release an album, you probably shouldn't tell your remaining fanbase to "fuck off". especially, when people know this isn't going to be the last ministry album.

virushopper
09-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Okay with all this talk of Ministry tours and whatever I took the time and found my bootleg from the Animositisomina tour in 2003. The audio is pretty actually good.

Here is the link to the info, http://www.prongs.org/ministry/3-21-03-SanFrancisco

Now someone just point me to the best free audio cd ripping program! I'm not shitting you guys.

Piko
09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
That tour was definitely their best from the things i've heard. Connelly joining them onstage for So What. They even played We Believe a couple of times.

As for audio recording, no idea... But I'm sure someone here knows.

Stateira
09-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Back then he was into the stuff he did and making music in general. Nowadays, he makes it real clear how much he hates touring and recording, hence why he outsources the music to the band he works with. I think he genuinely wants to retire, but can't. He doesn't want to do Ministry, but yet that's his meal ticket. Every album will be his last at this point. I expect him to be even more hands off as he continues. And that's where it goes downhill. But, if you release an album, you probably shouldn't tell your remaining fanbase to "fuck off". especially, when people know this isn't going to be the last ministry album.

Bingo.

Now someone just point me to the best free audio cd ripping program! I'm not shitting you guys.

What format is the bootleg in (CD, DVD, VHS, cassette, etc.) and what's your operating system?

virushopper
09-02-2013, 03:17 PM
What format is the bootleg in (CD, DVD, VHS, cassette, etc.) and what's your operating system?
It's from a CD and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

FLAC quality if possible.

Stateira
09-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Try one of the programs listed here: http://mp3.about.com/od/essentialsoftware/tp/best_CD_rippers.htm

SM Rollinger
09-06-2013, 10:52 PM
http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-3958765-1350545277-8719.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Ministry-Demos-For-Twitch-Practice-1986/release/3958765

C3

She's Got A Cause (1983 Demo)

C4

Revenge (1983 Demo)

C5

Work For Love (1983 Demo)

C6

I Wanted To Tell Her (1983 Demo)

Are the demos below from the above mentioned bootleg?

http://youtu.be/T6FHQdMmwT0

http://youtu.be/M5wrAHCgdNk

SOMEONE HAS to have this this tape still, im assuming its for the 1986 tour, correct?

As for the 87 tour, the live version of All Day that was played on this tour is kick ass. Its too bad that the only version of Over The Shoulder from the 87 tour, that is out there, is of wretched quality...

http://youtu.be/GP6YP6ak1Yc

Al is crazy in this video!!!

Halo Infinity
09-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Now it would be something if Al were to include America in a setlist with an updated heavier sound. I even thought about posting it on Ministry's 4th of July post on Facebook, but I wasn't sure about doing that, because I thought that there was a chance that Al would've gotten pissed at it, so I didn't. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6wwgIY1Lo

Piko
09-07-2013, 12:13 AM
Filth Pig was the anti-psalm 69. The response to 69 was insane, so instead of capitalizing on it, he pretty much told them to fuck off and did the complete opposite kf what people wanted. Personally, I like Filth Pig a lot more.

And Twitch is so underrated.

Piko
09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Psalm 69 has grown on me a lot over the years. Recently too. With headphones, there's really a lot going on in these songs. It's definitely a good album. Just not as good as people make it out to be.

Sutekh
09-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I do find it the least interesting of the classic era Ministry, which is strange given that its routinely hailed as the best.

Scarecrow & Hotrod are great though

Space Suicide
09-07-2013, 09:15 AM
I do find it the least interesting of the classic era Ministry, which is strange given that its routinely hailed as the best.

Scarecrow & Hotrod are great though

Jesus Built My Hotrod? I stated this a long, long time back but I fucking hate that song. I don't like anything about it. I mean, yeah I can listen to it and I do but I'm not a huge fan of it. I don't know why when people talk of Ministry it's hailed as some ultimate trump card for the best of the best.

I find my favorite albums also Filth Pig and The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Waste. I do however, for some reason, really really enjoy and like the early 80's new wave synth pop Ministry. With Sympathy, Early Trax and their inclusions on early Wax Trax! compilations always hit the spot. Some of my favorite songs and sounds are from that era of the band. I know it doesn't fit with their image and style of music now but I HATE and DETEST that Al dimisses the material altogether. Some of my other favorite songs from the albums I mentioned in the top of the paragraph are Crumbs (probably one of my favorite tracks by the band), Dream Song, Thieves, Burning Inside, So What and The Fall. Dead Guy is pretty freaking good too.

I have tried numerous times, but I am not the biggest fan of Twitch. Again, like Jesus Built My Hotrod, I will listen to it but it doesn't do all too much for me. Same goes for The Dark Side of the Spoon.

As for thrash Ministry, I find Rio Grande Blood the best. I love that album. Mole doesn't do much for me (though its seen as the best of that genre swap for them) and The Last Sucker was an all right send off. Relapse is an abomination and I have yet to form a solid opinion on From Beer To Eternity.

All this talk yesterday made me download their entire discography including 12", singles, EPs and rarity albums since when my last desktop tanked it took my Ministry collection with it.

Sutekh
09-07-2013, 09:45 AM
All time favourite release by them is still the live VHS. Bizarre how the CD release omits the two best tracks. Wouldn't say hotrod is the best of the best but I do like it - can see totally valid reasons for dismissing it though, it is a bit gonzo

Halo Infinity
09-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Aside from Twitch, Filth Pig, and Dark Side of the Spoon also seem to be underrated to me. I sometimes noticed that there are lots of Ministry fans on the Facebook page that only seem to focus on The Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing To Taste, Psalm 69, Houses of the Mole, Rio Grande Blood, The Last Sucker, Relapse, From Beer to Eternity, and "Whatever: *Insert Last-Last-Last CD Ever... or not...*" album the might come out in the future. Even Animositisomina looks like it's overshadowed by the Bush Trilogy.

And I know this was like so many pages back, but for starters, perhaps everything from With Sympathy to Psalm 69 is the best way to go, and then maybe have Filth Pig included to all five albums if you happen to like all of them.

-Edit-

Oh yes, and how was From Beer to Eternity? Was it really like listening to a combination of The Last Sucker and Relapse?

Jord
09-11-2013, 02:52 PM
and after everything that's happened and all the health issues and whatnot, the guy still (judging from his facebook posts) drinks a hell of a lot on a daily basis and routinely posts regarding how much has been drank/smoked. Such a fool and such a shame.

Magtig
09-11-2013, 03:26 PM
and after everything that's happened and all the health issues and whatnot, the guy still (judging from his facebook posts) drinks a hell of a lot on a daily basis and routinely posts regarding how much has been drank/smoked. Such a fool and such a shame.
I can't really disagree with any of this, but reading that biography and following Jourgensen on facebook at least humanized the guy for me. Now that I accept that he's basically older, bumbling and occasionally hilarious -like Ozzy- I'm a lot less bummed out.

Not that I'm listening to anything post Filth Pig, mind you, but I'd watch the hell out of "The Jourgensen's" if they were to make a reality show.

http://youtu.be/nEuNk4JMsUM?t=6s

Jord
09-11-2013, 03:48 PM
I can't really disagree with any of this, but reading that biography and following Jourgensen on facebook at least humanized the guy for me. Now that I accept that he's basically older, bumbling and occasionally hilarious -like Ozzy- I'm a lot less bummed out.

Not that I'm listening to anything post Filth Pig, mind you, but I'd watch the hell out of "The Jourgensen's" if they were to make a reality show.

I can't help but ultimately agree, when you think about it like that it does take the somewhat sad edge off what he has become. The raccoon thing was hella funny though.

Senateguard33
09-11-2013, 05:22 PM
http://s.pixogs.com/image/R-3958765-1350545277-8719.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Ministry-Demos-For-Twitch-Practice-1986/release/3958765

Are the demos below from the above mentioned bootleg?

Yes they are. Although higher quality versions have surfaced.

frankie teardrop
09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
...and they're awesome.

edit: if this is a similar/the same tape- 'same old madness' is missing. god, i love that song.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
So last night/this morning I had a drunken conversation with "Uncle Al" on facebook chat. Take what you want from it as we were both drunk. It is from his official account:

Conversation started today
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn2/s32x32/1117643_1249389003_827270186_q.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)

03:54

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Hey, hows it going?

all right buttfunkle

i see how it is

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-prn2/s32x32/1117305_100006463689066_1265223132_q.jpg (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)

04:02

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)You probably see half the images I'm seeing right now drunken double vision rules

04:02

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)unkle al

you shouldnt drink man, arent you killing yourself.

04:04

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)By the way MY BUTT is not Funkie it often smells like flowers

04:04

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)I caught one of your harmonicas at a show in Dallas at Deep Ellum live and I got tested after I used it.

I will take your word for it.

04:08

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Thanx gutten nacht I now puke!

04:09

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Is this account even real? Send me a picture of you puking to prove it!

What is up with these Lil Wayne and Reznor collaborations?

04:10

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)How do I do that I could give a fuck I just don't know how on my apple maxi pad

04:11

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)your dickeheadedness makes it likely this is legit.

04:11

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Thanx you rule

04:12

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)so what about those collaborations?

you should tour again with burton

that was a great finale!

04:13

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Trent possible , the little Wayne guy not so sure

04:13

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Good

04:14

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)D'accord!!!

04:15

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)do you need any new bands on your label?

04:21

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Nope not now have a new Dusters cd coming out as well as a ministry remix cd of both Relapse and FBTE in feb called double dose holler back first of the yr. see where we're at

04:22

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)You need any remixers?

I would be glad to make your shit sound better! haha

04:25

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Sorry not possible not cuz we are so good but it's already been mastered and in production however also comi g out on the label,,,,, Stems of all CDs since houses of mole...... Have fun with that!

04:29

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Houses of the Mole? What about Animositisomina? Why not release all the albums?

What About Us from AI is one of my favorite tracks. It really fit with that movie.

04:30

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)No stems sorry

04:30

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Not even that track?

You should make another 80s band.

that early stuff I dont even consider the same band.

04:33
Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)i have a faux 80s band. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWKrQPUT7s I am more into other projects but for some reason this one gets the most attention.

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCTDg9Q0wQqk3vY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FZoWKrQPUT7s%2 Fhqdefault.jpg%3Ffeature%3Dog&jq=100 (https://www.facebook.com/messages/al.jourgensen.969)

Pish Posh - Desperately Desperate (lost 80s synth-pop)

www.youtube.comPish (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoWKrQPUT7s) Posh formed in 1981 and immediately charted with their hit single "Desperately Desperate". The single started a near decade long career that launched th...

04:40

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)jealous much?

04:46

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)?

Did I run you off?

I like that Ascension of the Watchers album.

04:53

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Uh no thanx and no not that song either too technologically stupid back in the day

Yeah I am so jealous I think I'll off myself and you'll get blamed.........not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04:57

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)do you know what commas are? I would understand what you mean better with them in place.

04:58

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Fuck, you, too, mr. , English major

04:58

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)haha

So what did that mean?

a lot of fans want you to make a synth pop album

it would ,,be better t,han 3 george w bush albums for, sure...,,,

05:04

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)You seem to be the existentialist you figure it out! And quit drunk texting me about fucking synth pop albums

05:05

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)Oh Uncle Al, I really am a fan, I am just trying to toy with your notorious "trolling"/assholeary!

so come on, i will send you some synth lines

you destroy them and send them back

05:07

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Fuck off leave me alone am way too shitfaced to deal with you now

05:08

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)I am from Dallas and Mike Scaccia and Rigor Mortis mean a lot to us!

Warbeast is good but not the same

i mean no disrespect. Good luck with the new album.

Commas, learn what they are.

05:14

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)I prefer comas

05:21
Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)so if I were so say one thing to a long time fan that was not sarcastic and trolling what would it be bitch?

I bet you watch "breaking bad"

05:48

Al Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/al.jourgensen.969)Neeeeevvvvveeerrrr seen it, but I'm sure it's some sort of troll slag. Fuck you very much tonight my dear sir, and don't send shit back,(notice the commas)

05:49

Lance Dillon Lyon (https://www.facebook.com/LanceDillonLyon)okay Uncle Al!

I wont reply!

Promise!

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
09-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Good lord the formatting looks horrible. I just cut and paste it from facebook. Sorry it is so ugly. If anyone knows how to help make it look better let me know.

Halo Infinity
09-12-2013, 12:05 AM

Yeah, that's about right, and so would I. I've also seen it that way too. :p

burninglard
09-12-2013, 12:44 AM
So what does everyone think of the new album? I got it yesterday at best buy for 10 bucks.

Anyway, so far my opinion after 2 listens through is that it is better, far better than Relapse.
I would even say every song has a part of what I like about ministry. Whether its the Harmonica in Permawar. Or Mikeys middle finger Song, which is the coolest song on the album to me.
But it is only a sub-par release like expected. Each song does have something I like. But most of the songs as a whole are nothing great.
The worst part is Al's cookie monster voice, it kills the parts of the song there in. Also the lyrics keep getting worse and worse.
Also I was hoping that every song would have live drums, but only a few do. That is a bummer, but a few is better than none.

So overall like I said way better than relapse but on par with the Bush trilogy. A couple of songs are really awesome though.

NotoriousTIMP
09-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Wait, you actually PAID for the new ministry album? Let me introduce you to my best friend (http://www.thepiratebay.sx)

Sent from my LTE powered GS4!

konkelo
09-12-2013, 05:38 AM
I have listened the whole thing from start to finish only once yet so it's hard to say what I think about it. Maybe I'll get into it more when I get the vinyl (yes, I payed for it as well). But yeah at least it sounds already better than Relapse was. Relapse also had some pretty good songs (99%, Double Tap) but there were some of Ministry's worst as well (Weekend Warrior, wtf?). Punch In The Face and PermaWar has been the most standout tracks to me so far from the new one. I really like the distorted vocals of Al in Punch In The Face, reminds me of the good old times. And what I'm most glad on this album is that there are more samples than before and they are actually SAMPLES not just speaks spoken by Al himself (like it was on Relapse). Did anyone think of TV4 that it sounds like a some sort of YouTube remix or something? We here in finland know "sinätuubapaska" -videos and there's certainly a bit of that vibe there :D

Sutekh
09-12-2013, 06:50 AM
Good lord the formatting looks horrible. I just cut and paste it from facebook. Sorry it is so ugly. If anyone knows how to help make it look better let me know.

Yeah he sent me an angry email the other day that was meant for someone else & we had chat about middle eastern news networks. The internet is SO STRANGE. I tried to get Pogo to add him but he refused (lol)

wizfan
09-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Al will make comics? http://exclaim.ca/Interviews/WebExclusive/ministry-end_of_al_jourgensen

Space Suicide
09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Al will make comics? http://exclaim.ca/Interviews/WebExclusive/ministry-end_of_al_jourgensen

The next wannabe sunday funny section political comic writer.

Halo Infinity
09-23-2013, 03:01 PM
No matter the case, I think I'd still be drawn to them. I'm always having this feeling that Al knows better though, but just chooses to go for cheap laughs in general, which is also kind of like Marilyn Manson in some ways.

(Which I usually find funny, though I sometimes disagree with some of his jokes, like the ones regarding his works and opinions on fans/touring.) :p

DF118
09-23-2013, 10:55 PM
So what does everyone think of the new album? I got it yesterday at best buy for 10 bucks.

I'm pretty certain Al Jourgensen is trolling by this point.

"Honestly guys, this is the last album, honest. Unless I can crank another one out in the next five minutes... wait."

edit: He called it From Beer to Eternity, for fuck sake.

Piko
09-23-2013, 11:15 PM
It's not the final album. He can troll and say whatever. He can't stay out of the "limelight" for too long.

wizfan
09-26-2013, 06:33 PM
I listened to Dark Side of the Spoon for the first time today. I had first listened to Bad Blood ages ago on the Matrix soundtrack, and it has become a top choice whenever I listen to random Ministry stuff, so I expected the album to be more of the same. However, the album takes a remarkably dark turn. I was surprised by the slower, jazzy parts, as well as the time signature changes, even more so than the sludgy, ugly sound of Filth Pig. Plus, the vocal filters applied to Al's non-snarled parts reminded me of early industrial/synth-pop.

Halo Infinity
09-26-2013, 06:35 PM
It's not the final album. He can troll and say whatever. He can't stay out of the "limelight" for too long.
I've always wondered otherwise, and stopped wondering by the time Relapse came out. Did he use any kitchen sink jokes again? :p

Halo Infinity
09-26-2013, 06:39 PM
I listened to Dark Side of the Spoon for the first time today. I had first listened to Bad Blood ages ago on the Matrix soundtrack, and it has become a top choice whenever I listen to random Ministry stuff, so I expected the album to be more of the same. However, the album takes a remarkably dark turn. I was surprised by the slower, jazzy parts, as well as the time signature changes, even more so than the sludgy, ugly sound of Filth Pig. Plus, the vocal filters applied to Al's non-snarled parts reminded me of early industrial/synth-pop.
As far as post-Psalm 69 works go, I really loved Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon, and always thought of it to be a shame that Al ignores those two albums. I wonder if he's actually ashamed of them too, and considers The Bush Trilogy to be his latest crowning achievements, because he seemed to sarcastically imply that he makes horrible albums when there's a liberal/democrat in office. Then again, in one of his interviews, he jokingly mocked Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood, writing them off as turds.

Piko
09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Al will always deem the new stuff as his best. Sex-O Olypic-O was "the best thing he's ever done". Now the new one is. I think he's always had that mindset though. Ministry never really made it a habit to play many songs that are 2-3 albums old (except for the 2003 tour, which was more greatest hits). But, if Ministry were to play another show in the next year or so, i'd imagine it'd mostly be material from the last three albums, and the 4 typical classics (nwo, just one fix, thieves, so what).

Sutekh
09-26-2013, 07:59 PM
As far as post-Psalm 69 works go, I really loved Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon, and always thought of it to be a shame that Al ignores those two albums. I wonder if he's actually ashamed of them too, and considers The Bush Trilogy to be his latest crowning achievements, because he seemed to sarcastically imply that he makes horrible albums when there's a liberal/democrat in office. Then again, in one of his interviews, he jokingly mocked Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood, writing them off as turds.

He also doesn't like "the mind..."

Halo Infinity
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Wasn't that in an actual interview on a magazine? I didn't really read the entire interview though. The mere fact that he doesn't like The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste screws with me.

Halo Infinity
09-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Al will always deem the new stuff as his best. Sex-O Olypic-O was "the best thing he's ever done". Now the new one is. I think he's always had that mindset though. Ministry never really made it a habit to play many songs that are 2-3 albums old (except for the 2003 tour, which was more greatest hits). But, if Ministry were to play another show in the next year or so, i'd imagine it'd mostly be material from the last three albums, and the 4 typical classics (nwo, just one fix, thieves, so what).
I was also thinking about that too. Let's see, so that would mostly be songs from The Last Sucker, Relapse, and From Beer To Eternity, although I'm sure he'd still put in a couple of songs from Rio Grande Blood in the set-lists. I noticed that even the songs from Rio Grande Blood outnumbered the songs from Houses of the Mole. I've also wished that the typical classics could've included anything from Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon, but that's obviously just wishful thinking... and probably asking for too much from Al. I also was surprised to see that Stigmata wasn't included sometimes. Or was even Stigmata taken off the set-lists?

koz-ivan
09-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Al will always deem the new stuff as his best. Sex-O Olypic-O was "the best thing he's ever done". Now the new one is. I think he's always had that mindset though. .

isn't that almost all bands? how many bands out there are gonna say, "this new record sucks donkey dick and we're never gonna top our 2nd album..."

Sutekh
09-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Wasn't that in an actual interview on a magazine? I didn't really read the entire interview though. The mere fact that he doesn't like The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste screws with me.

It was, there's a pdf of it on prongs (I think). It's from around the time "Houses..." came out.

The trouble with "Mind..." is that the versions of the songs on the live release are so much better than the album ones, that I don't listen to the album ones at all - burning inside just sounds a bit toothless & Breathe just isn't complete without the drum into (and tbh, the visuals on the live video). Outside of that I love Chris Connelly's John Lydon vocal on Cannibal Song & I hate the one with rapping

virushopper
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
LMAO!!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al-jourgensen-creates-comic-book-series-becomes-super-hero/

Piko
10-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Eh... A lot can happen and not happen between now and then.

virushopper
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM
And he might even throw a soundtrack to it too!

Halo Infinity
10-02-2013, 12:52 PM
So... does that mean Paul Barker, Martin Atkins, and Chris Connelly will be "The Book Club of Doom" as his arch-nemesis group? :p I actually hope Jaz Coleman somehow makes it in there too. (And yes, it would also make a lot of sense to have Nivek Ogre, Gibby Haynes, and ZZ Top in there too.) And he did say series, so it could include lots of other characters assuming that it actually comes into fruition.

Space Suicide
10-02-2013, 02:32 PM
LMAO!!!

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/al-jourgensen-creates-comic-book-series-becomes-super-hero/

That's a certified fucking fail waiting to happen. Bank on it.

slave2thewage
10-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Someone should tell Al they've already done a comic with a superhero that gets bitten by a spider.

fillow
10-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Stop complaining, or he'll change his mind and record another farewell Ministry album instead

Khrz
10-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Someone should tell Al they've already done a comic with a superhero that gets bitten by a spider.

Or that the Kiss comic (https://www.google.fr/search?q=kiss+comic&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=wI1MUpnRBaf80QWf24G4Bw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1020&bih=937&dpr=1#es_sm=122&q=kiss+comic&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:m) didn't do too well...
Honestly, were we still in 1992, I would expect some sort of Transmetropolitan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmetropolitan) shit, pure awesome craziness, genuine Alien. Now ? Nah. Like Manson, the time for the awesomely clever/crazy stuff is long gone, what once was genius has soured into total ego...

Halo Infinity
10-26-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't think I've seen this posted before, but this is why I end up thinking about Ministry whenever I drink soda now. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGULNeTQPYY

voidnz
10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
I fin ally heard the new record and I must say, was not impressed by the first few songs I heard but theres some fuckin good shit on there. A few weak points but overall the best thing he's done in a long time. I especially loved Thanx But No Thanx (most of it) and Change of Luck.

Highly Psychological
10-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Judging from Al's facebook feed he is a serious ticking time bomb. Fact he is still kicking is a biological wonder. Its his personal life decision but its sort of depressing.

koz-ivan
10-27-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think I've seen this posted before, but this is why I end up thinking about Ministry whenever I drink soda now. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGULNeTQPYY

that's a really good find.

Halo Infinity
10-27-2013, 10:48 AM
I've often wondered how Al would react on Facebook if you were to post the Shasta video, and the video of him performing America. Does anybody else think he'd get pissed off?

Piko
10-27-2013, 11:06 AM
He seems ok-ish with some of that stuff, I think. Just "hates" the With Sympathy album. Could be wrong though.

staleincense
10-28-2013, 03:41 PM
I've often wondered how Al would react on Facebook if you were to post the Shasta video, and the video of him performing America. Does anybody else think he'd get pissed off?
You've just given me a simply fantastic idea....

Senateguard33
10-29-2013, 03:13 PM
He seems ok-ish with some of that stuff, I think. Just "hates" the With Sympathy album. Could be wrong though.

He mentioned the Shasta commercial in his book.

voidnz
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
So Limp Bizkit cover Theives live but have recorded it and it's on their next album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GeQpsIvX4

Start out not as bad as I expected but the overall result is pretty awful. Be interesting to find out what Al thinks.

tony.parente
11-01-2013, 04:13 PM
::::nvm::::

Halo Infinity
11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
So Limp Bizkit cover Theives live but have recorded it and it's on their next album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_GeQpsIvX4

Start out not as bad as I expected but the overall result is pretty awful. Be interesting to find out what Al thinks.
I thought they'd do this a lot sooner, or thought it would never happen. I'm not sure how Al would've taken it though, but there were claims that he actually liked it.

Space Suicide
11-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Too gimmicky to Limp Bizkit's schtick for me to enjoy it.

Halo Infinity
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM
You've just given me a simply fantastic idea....
And if he actually gets pissed off... perhaps you can post this. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcLDmj5pxjY

But I'm sure he's obviously okay with that one.

staleincense
11-05-2013, 12:19 PM
And if he actually gets pissed off... perhaps you can post this. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcLDmj5pxjY

But I'm sure he's obviously okay with that one.
I haven't got a reponse from him.

This saddens me.

Halo Infinity
11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh crap, I also wish he responded. :p However, if he mentioned the Shasta commercial in the comic, that probably means he wouldn't get bent out of shape over it.

Senateguard33
11-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Oh crap, I also wish he responded. :p However, if he mentioned the Shasta commercial in the comic, that probably means he wouldn't get bent out of shape over it.

He mentioned it in his autobiography, not the comic strip. Sorry for not specifying that earlier.

Senateguard33
11-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Does anyone listen to the Underneath It All NIN podcast? They just interviewed Richard Patrick and he elaborated more on Trent's idolization of Al J. It appears Trent has been a fan since With Sympathy, and both Trent and Richard caught the Revolting Cocks on their first tour. It was cool to hear that Trent is a fan of With Sympathy. Al hates it for personal and political reasons, but it's an excellent Synth Pop album, and definitely one my favorite Ministry albums.

Halo Infinity
11-07-2013, 08:46 AM
He mentioned it in his autobiography, not the comic strip. Sorry for not specifying that earlier.
I still have yet to get The Lost Gospels According To Al Jourgensen. And not one to be deterred and upset by spoilers in general, did he complain about it in the book, or was he actually fine with it, or even thought that it was a fun experience?

I've almost forgot that he even wrote a book. I'm sure Paul Barker, Chris Connelly, and perhaps even Martin Atkins thinks he's lying in it. And no problem. I'm actually looking forward to read both books anyway. (Assuming that the comic gets done and actually sees the light of day.)

Halo Infinity
11-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Does anyone listen to the Underneath It All NIN podcast? They just interviewed Richard Patrick and he elaborated more on Trent's idolization of Al J. It appears Trent has been a fan since With Sympathy, and both Trent and Richard caught the Revolting Cocks on their first tour. It was cool to hear that Trent is a fan of With Sympathy. Al hates it for personal and political reasons, but it's an excellent Synth Pop album, and definitely one my favorite Ministry albums.
I thankfully feel the same way, since I can easily hear both With Sympathy and Twitch in Pretty Hate Machine. I also like how there are little similarities between the Down In It video and the Flashback video. And while Down In It also screams Skinny Puppy's Dig It, it also had to be heavily influenced by Over The Shoulder.

Senateguard33
11-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I still have yet to get The Lost Gospels According To Al Jourgensen. And not one to be deterred and upset by spoilers in general, did he complain about it in the book, or was he actually fine with it, or even thought that it was a fun experience?

I've almost forgot that even wrote a book. I'm sure Paul Barker, Chris Connelly, and perhaps even Martin Atkins thinks he's lying in it. And no problem. I'm actually looking forward to read both books anyway. (Assuming that the comic gets done and actually sees the light of day.)

He didn't complain about it, but he shamefully did several other jingles/commercials to support his family (and his family's habits), since he was practically broke after With Sympathy.

Pretty much every one who was previously in the Ministry camp has stated that Al's stories/events are true, but details are often exaggerated (to be dramatic or appear "larger than life") or somewhat mixed up. Hell, I can barely remember what happened 10 years ago, and I was sober the whole time.

Piko
11-07-2013, 12:49 PM
Like al being poor. Someone straight up said that neither he or the band struggled financially.

Senateguard33
11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Like al being poor. Someone straight up said that neither he or the band struggled financially.

He was signed to Arista for a multiple record contract. With Sympathy was a mild success, but with the production costs and the tour, he barely broke even. He had issues with the management and sued Arista to be released from his contract. He was literally broke after that.

Piko
11-07-2013, 03:11 PM
According to the book. He had people to fall back on. Plus, he also did plenty of stuff for wax trax after his stint with arista.

Senateguard33
11-07-2013, 04:43 PM
According to the book. He had people to fall back on. Plus, he also did plenty of stuff for wax trax after his stint with arista.

That might be true. The commercials he did were in-between With Sympathy and the 12"s he recorded for Wax Trax. I also don't doubt that he and Patty were blowing away alot of money on drugs.

Piko
11-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm going by what a member of the band during that time has said. They weren't poor and had no problems getting by. They weren't rich either, obviously.

Halo Infinity
It made me wonder if Al was still barely, or just scraping by when Twitch came out. From the looks of it, The Land of Rape of Honey and Beers, Steers + Queers being put out was when things started really picking up for him, and then of course, things just blew up by the time Psalm 69 and Linger Ficken' Good... and other Barnyard Oddities came out.

frankie teardrop
do any of these books mention his relationship with aimee mann and her early involvement in ministry? i found out recently that she wrote 'voices carry' about their relationship. kind of blows my mind a little bit.

Piko
11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Drugs didn't buy themselves. So he must not have beem that poor, ya know? And I had no idea about Aimee Mann.

virushopper
11-07-2013, 04:59 PM
do any of these books mention his relationship with aimee mann and her early involvement in ministry? i found out recently that she wrote 'voices carry' about their relationship. kind of blows my mind a little bit.
Yes Al and Aimee had a moment.

Senateguard33
11-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm going by what a member of the band during that time has said. They weren't poor and had no problems getting by. They weren't rich either, obviously.

This is true during the 1981-1983 period. Jourgensen was the only member of Ministry from late 1983 up to the Land of Rape and Honey. Stephen George did some guest drumming on a couple of tracks, but was no longer a member of the band.

Halo Infinity
11-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Perhaps it's Al's "hatred" for With Sympathy that sometimes makes me obsessed with that era. I just came across this randomly, and it's also a lot clearer than I expected it to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1GeZGxhds

@staleincense (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2306) - I don't have the balls to post this on his Facebook account, but I have a feeling that you would. He really does seem to be VERY into it. :p

staleincense
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Perhaps it's Al's "hatred" for With Sympathy that sometimes makes me obsessed with that era. I just came across this randomly, and it's also a lot clearer than I expected it to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1GeZGxhds

@staleincense (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2306) - I don't have the balls to post this on his Facebook account, but I have a feeling that you would. He really does seem to be VERY into it. :p
Ok, here's hoping he'll reply to this...

Maximilian
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah, he looks beyond into it there, I'd even say proud.

Senateguard33
11-10-2013, 02:35 PM
Deep down Al knows this is better than all of his post-90s material.

Space Suicide
11-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Let's be honest, any artist or actor that dismisses their root and initial works are only kidding themselves. If it weren't for those releases and works they wouldn't be where they are today. I'd piss off Mr. Jourgensen by saying I'd rather listen to Early Trax and With Sympathy on repeat, loudly before I listen to Relapse and the very semi-decent From Beer to Eternity.

Space Suicide
11-10-2013, 07:16 PM
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p320x320/1460169_174100682791065_560887465_n.png

Piko
11-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Maybe they're brainstorming on how to make good albums again.

staleincense
11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Hey now, KMFDM isn't that bad yet. :p

(I haven't actually listened to Kunst, but WTF wasn't that bad)

Piko
11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
WTF is probably the best thing they've done post-reformation. Kunst is awful, almost. Sascha could do better, if he tried. Same goes for Al.

Khrz
11-11-2013, 02:29 PM
WTF is indeed good enough, couldn't stand Kunst, sooo limp, no edge, nothing.

DVYDRNS
11-11-2013, 02:44 PM
The two guys who weren't allowed / invited to perform at Retrospectacle. They're all they have left from the old days.

Halo Infinity
11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
WTF is probably the best thing they've done post-reformation. Kunst is awful, almost. Sascha could do better, if he tried. Same goes for Al.
Do you also suspect that Al is either burnt out or making an attempt to take a safe route, or perhaps both? That's what it sort of looks like to me. I followed the Piss Army forums and then what later became PB4PB and it was speculated that he probably saw albums like Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon roping in that many fans, so he tried Houses of the Mole, and just stuck with it ever since, after seeing how much more fans those albums attracted compared to his 1996-2003 output.

http://pb4pb.boards.net/index.cgi - I think they'd really have some fun in this thread, and that seemed to be a very good observation/speculation to me. :p

Halo Infinity
11-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Do you also suspect that Al is either burnt out or making an attempt to take a safe route, or perhaps both? That's what it sort of looks like to me. I followed the Piss Army forums and then what later became PB4PB and it was speculated that he probably saw albums like Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon not roping in that many fans, so he tried Houses of the Mole, and just stuck with it ever since, after seeing how much more fans those albums attracted when compared to his 1996-2003 output.

http://pb4pb.boards.net/index.cgi - I think they'd really have some fun in this thread, and that also seemed to be a very good observation/speculation to me. :p

Piko
11-11-2013, 03:47 PM
He's trying to make a quick buck. Try to attract to teenagers. Instead, he makes a fool of himself. The hideous tattoo on his forehead, the piercings, and the color by numbers metal albums.

And he's definitely a burnout. You can't be a junkie for as long as he was and not be. Amazing he's still alive though.

Sutekh
11-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Pure speculation/could be talking out of my arse, but there's a lot more money to be made for culty band if you can appeal to the metal crowd - the various festivals in europe (some of which are pretty huge) will book you if you have a new album out & a bit of a name/fanbase. As a paycheck and a subculture metal is absolutely huge compared to industrial/ebm/whatever. Also not much of a pain to perform live. I don't think al is being entirely cynical - he does like that kind of music & has reached the point in his career where it makes sense to do it

Piko
11-11-2013, 07:42 PM
I don't think he likes metal. Years ago, in an interview, Al and Barker flat out said they didn't. You cannot deny, though, that there's the potential profit with the rebellious teen. Al being the metal "tough guy" with the tattoos, piercings, stories, and his promo pics. The old fanbase is mostly alienated, except for the few who "like everything".

Playing a festival is a payday. So, in the end, he's still getting paid. Interesting enough, you can find the live show from wacken on youtube. Starts off with a pretty good crowd, and it thins out alot as the show goes on.

Sutekh
11-12-2013, 06:42 AM
hmm, not convinced he doesn't actually like metal - why has every album since land of rape and honey had at least 1 or 2 metal songs? Why would someone who doesn't like Metal record "Psalm 69" "Filth Pig" (metal albums for the most part). Why did they cover supernaut and S.O.D, etc etc. Maybe Barker didn't like metal and Al was pretending to be to cool to like it, but TBH it would seem he obviously does like metal at least a bit. Latterday cynicism and pandering I can believe, but he's been pretending to like that stuff since the late 80s? dunno

Also it's not just the rebellious teen - there's the adult with disposable income stuck in a protracted teen rebellion phase. megabucks

Senateguard33
11-13-2013, 02:23 PM
I think he likes creating metal music, but honestly I think he continued the metal sound due to the declining interest in the band when Filth Pig and Dark Side were released. Pretty much every album (starting with Animositisomina in 2003) is either "Psalm 69 2.0" or "a more intense Psalm 69" or hands down "the best album I've ever done." His favorite bands (going off of interview consistency over the years) are The Rolling Stones, ZZ top, Roxy Music and Front 242. If I'm remembering correctly, he played nothing but Roxy Music as the pre-show music on the Filth Pig tour.

Highly Psychological
11-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Al and Paul in the 90s did not like to be called a Metal band, i think they found it limiting, they liked anything hard or powerful, punishing overwhelming etc, they did use guitars like the Metal bands to create their dark heavy trippy music.
Even with stuff on Psalm 69 like Just One Fix the production techniques are so bizarre it would be weird calling Ministry a Metal 'band' the chopped up repetitive guitar Loops, samples, drum machines etc.

DVYDRNS
11-13-2013, 04:47 PM
I've talked a lot of shit about al in the last few years. But decided to give his book a read. I'm four chapters in.

Let's just say, the dude is a survivor. That's for sure.

So far it's entertaining. Not sure Ive gotten to the debauchery yet. Will probably have a different opinion later into the book.

Halo Infinity
11-13-2013, 05:03 PM
The old fanbase is mostly alienated, except for the few who "like everything".
That's definitely me. I'm not an old fan, but I'm able to like With Sympathy and Twitch, and Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Blood just to give you an idea. It's also easy to see why Twitch to Psalm 69 from the looks of it are still his most loved works, along with Filth Pig for some fans, since some fans even though that Filth Pig was a let-down.

Halo Infinity
11-13-2013, 05:10 PM
hmm, not convinced he doesn't actually like metal - why has every album since land of rape and honey had at least 1 or 2 metal songs? Why would someone who doesn't like Metal record "Psalm 69" "Filth Pig" (metal albums for the most part). Why did they cover supernaut and S.O.D, etc etc. Maybe Barker didn't like metal and Al was pretending to be to cool to like it, but TBH it would seem he obviously does like metal at least a bit. Latterday cynicism and pandering I can believe, but he's been pretending to like that stuff since the late 80s? dunno

Also it's not just the rebellious teen - there's the adult with disposable income stuck in a protracted teen rebellion phase. megabucks
That's what I was also think in a way. Ministry's industrial metal and alternative metal were still some types of metal nonetheless. (Assuming that whoever put it in Wikipedia got it right, since there can be errors on Wikipedia.)

And I've also never completely ruled out the idea that there might have been fans that were children and teenagers around 1983-1992 that might've followed Ministry until now. Some of the fans I've seen at the Ministry concert I've attended last year looked like they were old enough to be fans since 1981-1985, or anywhere around 1986-1992. And even though there are fans of The Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste, and Psalm 69 that didn't like Houses of the Mole, Rio Grande Blood, and The Last Sucker, I've noticed that there's just as many fans that seem to like the Bush Trilogy from 2004-2007, just as much as their output from 1988-1992.

(I've noticed that on the Piss Army forums before they got shut down, and it still seems to be that way on both Ministry accounts on Facebook in spite of the backlash the Bush Trilogy still received.)

aggroculture
01-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Good article about early Ministry: http://intonarumoron.wordpress.com/2013/11/01/every-days-is-halloween-the-evolution-of-ministry/

DVYDRNS
01-19-2014, 10:53 PM
Al is going to rehab to kick the sauce. Thank God. I'm amazed the man is even alive at this point.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ministrys-al-jourgensen-to-enter-alcohol-rehabilitation-facility/

Halo Infinity
01-19-2014, 10:57 PM
I also hope that he actually means it and sticks with it. I'm also amazed as well.

Space Suicide
01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
From Beer to Eternity

Still a fitting name for that last album.

Piko
01-19-2014, 11:22 PM
Kinda weird that he's waiting until the 3rd. But, I guess he wants a final hooray before checking himself in... Then again, that could all just be talk. Good for him though.

thelastdisciple
01-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Hell if a crackpot like Al actually follows through with sobriety maybe there's hope for Manson yet.

Piko
01-19-2014, 11:45 PM
If Al can do it, anyone can.

imail724
01-30-2014, 12:57 PM
I wish there was going to be some Paul vocals on this, but I am greatly looking forward to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuyoypTBc2I

Space Suicide
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Alien Jourgensen (https://www.facebook.com/alienjourgensenofficial?ref=stream) · 10,780 like this

42 minutes ago ·
Who is is out there? I am fucking wasted

Via Facebook, glad to see he took his rehab seriously. Nice to see his fans give a shit too, hence the 10,780 likes thus far.

Baphomette
01-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Via Facebook, glad to see he took his rehab seriously. Nice to see his fans give a shit too, hence the 10,780 likes thus far.[/FONT][/COLOR][/INDENT][/FONT]I thought he wasn't checking in 'til the 3rd? And, yeah, the "likes" are pretty fucking disturbing (as are most of the comments).

henryeatscereal
01-31-2014, 12:30 AM
I read this thread since page 1 and i gotta say i'm shocked all the hate the "last" Ministry era got around here...

I know it's not on the level of the whole Rape/Mind/Psalm era, yet i did not found it THAT terrible and you can still find some cool tracks in the latest albums.
It's true that he lost much of his sound when Paul Barker left (say what you will, but i really like "Animositisomina"), but the "trash" albums are decent... a bit repetitive yes, but better than most of the latest stuff by Fear factory, Marilyn Manson or even Rob Zombie.

I agree also that the latest videos suck, but the songs at least are listenable and i think "From Beer to Eternity" was a funny and heavy album (as i said it's repetitive like of most of his latest stuff, but i don't hate it...)

Anyway, just wanted to get that out of my chest and post one of my favorite concerts ever (sorry if posted before, i looked for it but didn't saw it...), the one that made me a Ministry fan in the 90's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaz5V6OFQlo

Dat cage!

Baphomette
01-31-2014, 12:38 AM
Dat cage!I have a scar on my arm from dat cage. The pit for those shows was gnarly.

henryeatscereal
01-31-2014, 12:43 AM
I have a scar on my arm from dat cage. The pit for those shows was gnarly.
ouch! i guess they were, i only saw them live once (and it was a shitty festival so they did not play a complete set), still with few time and not as headliners they quickly got everyone bananas and the pit went out of control (those were the day...)
That time there was no cage but i can only imagine the same energy of the show i saw with that thing on stage, can't say i envy your scar but at the same time i do! lol, ...wish i could have seen them during those days...

Piko
01-31-2014, 01:43 AM
I read this thread since page 1 and i gotta say i'm shocked all the hate the "last" Ministry era got around here...

I know it's not on the level of the whole Rape/Mind/Psalm era, yet i did not found it THAT terrible and you can still find some cool tracks in the latest albums.
It's true that he lost much of his sound when Paul Barker left (say what you will, but i really like "Animositisomina"), but the "trash" albums are decent... a bit repetitive yes, but better than most of the latest stuff by Fear factory, Marilyn Manson or even Rob Zombie.

I agree also that the latest videos suck, but the songs at least are listenable and i think "From Beer to Eternity" was a funny and heavy album (as i said it's repetitive like of most of his latest stuff, but i don't hate it...)

Anyway, just wanted to get that out of my chest and post one of my favorite concerts ever (sorry if posted before, i looked for it but didn't saw it...), the one that made me a Ministry fan in the 90's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yaz5V6OFQlo

Dat cage!

The post-barker stuff is very hit or miss. Every album does have something that I like. Relapse only had 2-3 songs that I can say are worth hearing again. I'm fine with metal ministry. A lot of it, though, is just recycled drivel. But, every album definitely has it's moments. The last one might actually be my favorite since HOTM. Not an amazing album, but it's a total step up from the last three albums.

Piko
02-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Any of you guys hear any of Chris' Cocksure stuff? Busy guy these days.

http://regenmag.com/news/new-music-video-cocksure/

henryeatscereal
02-02-2014, 12:06 AM
I sure miss "Revolting Cocks" that's for sure...

SM Rollinger
02-02-2014, 10:42 AM
I sure miss "Revolting Cocks" that's for sure...
Agreeded, I miss em too!

http://youtu.be/_ur-DEXE-qg

henryeatscereal
02-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Best cover ...ever!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6zqYSezqwo

Halo Infinity
02-03-2014, 07:54 AM
This was my favorite one so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srK5-95VcaQ

However, I also like the ones that some, or even a lot of people wouldn't really like here at all. I just can't help but like them a lot. I love blasting these covers. I sometimes wished Ministry would make records based on this sound, but with more industrial metal/rock as well. As a matter of fact, I've always liked the idea of combining hard rock with industrial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDtXRxwYy8I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URMeXj4h0Hg

henryeatscereal
02-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Their cover for "Lay Lady Lay" was pretty cool too, i like how it keeps the essence, yet it also sounds like Ministry...

thevoid99
02-03-2014, 04:07 PM
Their cover for "Lay Lady Lay" was pretty cool too, i like how it keeps the essence, yet it also sounds like Ministry...

I liked that cover. It was very heavy and it had great usage of the acoustic guitars.

Fixer808
02-03-2014, 07:47 PM
Al has apparently just gone into rehab for alcoholism. Good for him! Best of luck!

jezstyle
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Hello Alien Nation ! So sorry I've been a bit AWOL past few days...it's been a bit intense. Heard from Al today and he's sounding much better! He was in good spirits this afternoon - he was able to hold down his first "real" food today and his BAC is now officially down to ZERO !!! Yay! So he's officially alcohol free as of today - and then he also has not had a drink in FOUR days...so YaY! again ! He's still in the detox section of the facility until the medical staff feel that he is safely out of harm's way. I've spoken to several of the staff there now and I will tell you that they are very very kind, patient and really know their stuff - and of course, Al's managed to charm his way into their hearts...

Love you guys xoxox Angelina
https://www.facebook.com/ajax/sharer/?s=22&appid=25554907596&p%5B0%5D=147440505457083&p%5B1%5D=208522686015531&share_source_type=unknown

NotoriousTIMP
02-10-2014, 03:05 AM
After reading about this 12" in Al's book, I finally managed to track down a copy that still had the KY Jelly in the sleeve.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/10/2yza2y6y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/10/he6arady.jpg

jezstyle
02-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Good Morning Alien Nation ! Went with Squatch yesterday to visit Al - he's doing AWESOME! He got out of DETOX safely (whew!) yesterday and has moved into the "General Population" where he's already made lots of friends. The facility is beautiful and serene and as of today, Al's not had a drink in seven days and wow! what a difference! So proud of him...and again, I thank you for all your support, prayers, kindness, love you have shown to both of us in this process. Thank you Squatch for being there for me...also to Jesse Sanchez for holding down the fort! It takes a village...

xoxoxox Angelina — :) feeling happy
https://www.facebook.com/alienjourgensenofficial/posts/209438525923947

Piko
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Someone in another forum is saying how bad off he was. Glad he's doing well.

Tony Gordon
05-06-2014, 09:03 AM
I used to love Ministry as a kid. Seeing them dissolve into a parody of themselves like this is truly heart breaking.

Al has possibly the worst cult of personality in music that I have ever seen. He literally thinks he's God all mighty.

Did anyone ever check out his live album that was supposed to be Ministry's lastest ever? You know, the Audios Puta Madres one.

I bought it years ago just cause of that trolling marketing of it being the last Ministry album ever. Not one old song on it, as the entire set list was nothing but the Bush trilogy but something stuck out to me more than anything. The vocals on that "live album" sounded so fake! In fact, I'm positive that if you compared the vocals to the Last Sucker and Rio Grande Blood tracks, they would sound identical to what was on this live record. I only listened to it a couple times but that's all I kept thinking of when I first heard it. It's like someone really worked on Al's vocals cause it sounds very studio like.

Ministry lost me with Dark Side of the Spoon. That album was an epic disappointment, and so was Filth Pig but all these years later, I feel we have to appreciate them in a way cause the albums were at least listenable. I don't feel like my ears are going to bleed from listening to the Filth Pig tracks where I can't even go through Rio Grande Blood. I didn't listen to the Animosity record, but I did check out the Bush trilogy years ago and could not understand how this was the same Ministry that I grew up with.

I don't think Al even realizes that he's become a parody of himself. Yes, it's hilarious and hard not to laugh at, but at the same time, it's very depressing cause those old Ministry records like The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste, Psalm 69 and The Land of Rape and Honey are classics that we all love. I think personally, Al wants to be like Ozzy Osbourne in a way, and I'd even go as far as to say that Angie is his form of Sharon. You have all this stupid "Uncle Al" bullshit just like Ozzy had the "Prince of Darkness" and his drinking habits would make for a good reality show. Ministry hasn't been a band since Paul Barker was John 5ed out of the picture. Ever since then it's all about Al and his insane ego.

I didn't see this posted on this thread, so I thought I would share it. It's an interview with Patty from last year that is really neat and offers a good look into what Ministry once was.
http://prongs.org/ministry/interviews/patty_2013

Piko
05-06-2014, 09:27 AM
To be fair, he was wasted for almost every album, whether it be alcohol or drugs. So, that can be a factor. But, for the time being, Ministry is over.

Tony Gordon
05-06-2014, 10:28 AM
But, for the time being, Ministry is over.

For now. We never know with Al. I'm sure he'll put out some cash in covers, remixxxes or something else eventually.

Halo Infinity
05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
It probably would've been better if he just took some time off to only focus on albums, but I can also see why he'd release so many remix and cover compilations if he barely/never tours. Oh, and I really haven't been looking up Ministry for a while. For a moment, I thought there was going to be one more tour this year. And well, as long as he's around, I'm always open to the possibility of him returning now after what just happened with Relapse and From Beer to Eternity.

Piko
05-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Considering he just recently went to rehab, maybe touring isn't such a good idea. I'd love to hear an album while Al's sober. He doesn't need to tour. He can barely get through a set.

virushopper
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
I believe when the money stops flowing Al will go do either a tour or some dates. I'm pretty sure there are promoters out there waving money at him. We may not get a 'Beers' tour but I'm sure we will get some show.

Piko
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
If anything, maybe a few European festivals. That seems to be where he makes his paydays.

Halo Infinity
05-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Considering he just recently went to rehab, maybe touring isn't such a good idea. I'd love to hear an album while Al's sober. He doesn't need to tour. He can barely get through a set.
Oh wait. I forgot about that. Sorry, my mistake. I was also thinking about what I might've read in a random interview way before he even considered going to rehab. With that being said, I'm pretty much on the same exact page as you.

Tony Gordon
05-07-2014, 08:49 PM
I would love to see a reunion with Paul Barker and possibly even the "book club" but I know that is never going to happen at this point. In some ways I feel bad for Al, but his insane god complex is never going to be pushed to the side to make it cool with his past band members. Hopefully we do get to see a Paul and Al reunion before it's all over.

SM Rollinger
06-01-2014, 11:44 PM
Sad times in Ministry land when this goes unposted until now... (as if nobody saw this coming...)

Ministry To Tour In Support Of “From Beer To Eternity” With Full Album Performances (http://www.theprp.com/2014/05/31/news/ministry-to-tour-in-support-of-from-beer-to-eternity-with-full-album-performances/)

“Yup you heard right…will be touring the FBTE album….the set will be FBTE in it’s exact order…and a few oldies for an encore…and it just won’t be America and Europe this time….we’ll see ya down under as well as Mexico South America and Japan…so start rounding up every fucking Amish teen you can find and bring em to the shows…..I will exact my revenge on those bastards….I’m still puking from their toxic “wood milk ” shit…….yuk!…if there was ever a reason to tour this is it….oh btw…it’s a secret for now…but I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of the dude that’ll take Mikey’s place……ok that’s it….so let it be written …so let it be done….
P.S. still not a chance in hell there will be another Ministry album…..will be doing some side stuff though when I get my ass to LA…..Mikey’s last words to me were….FBTE could not be topped …so why bother MINISTRY RECORDINGS ARE DONE !!!! Carve that shit on a stone tablet!”

barkhammer
06-02-2014, 12:45 AM
Sad times in Ministry land when this goes unposted until now... (as if nobody saw this coming...)

Ministry To Tour In Support Of “From Beer To Eternity” With Full Album Performances (http://www.theprp.com/2014/05/31/news/ministry-to-tour-in-support-of-from-beer-to-eternity-with-full-album-performances/)

Ugh. Whole album performance of the latest entirely underwhelming album followed by an encore of "old favs".

I've still never seen Ministry live and don't think this tour is going to change that unfortunately.

konkelo
06-02-2014, 01:19 AM
I hope they finally get here to play a club show. I'm tired of seeing them on festivals with a short setlist. Especially if they now perform From beer to eternity in full and a few old ones they propably skip the old songs on a festival show.

fillow
06-02-2014, 02:06 AM
an encore of "old favs".

translation:

No W
Waiting
Rio Grande Blood
Let's Go
United Forces

Maximilian
06-02-2014, 07:22 AM
"Mikey’s last words to me were….FBTE could not be topped …so why bother MINISTRY RECORDINGS ARE DONE !!!! Carve that shit on a stone tablet!”

Cut to:

"Yeah, so I talked to Mikey on a Ouija board and he said it'd be cool to make another album. So, whatever Mikey wants....."

virushopper
06-02-2014, 06:28 PM
The set list will be the album, NWO, Just One Fix, Thieves, So What and if we're lucky Psalm 69. I'm sure of it.

virushopper
06-05-2014, 02:41 PM
So apparently Al is getting divorced and slap with a restraining order. Source: http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=107412;page=4;sb =post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=3106171

Scroll down.

Now this tour is making a lot of sense.

Space Suicide
06-05-2014, 02:43 PM
So apparently Al is getting divorced and slap with a restraining order. Source: http://www.prongs.org/minfiles/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=107412;page=4;sb =post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=3106171

Scroll down.

Now this tour is making a lot of sense.

So he gets sober and now is having a divorce? Anyone see an impending return to alcohol here?

Sutekh
06-05-2014, 05:36 PM
...eh!?

That's really sad... He never let on that there was any trouble, it seemed like they were pretty settled in and the selling of the ranch and move back to LA was their joint plan

I really dread to think what a move back to LA, a tour and a split from his stabilising influence will lead to :(

Halo Infinity
06-05-2014, 05:53 PM
It bothers me but it also bums me out. I always had a creeping suspicion that these types of things would happen though, even if I was still hoping for the best for him. There were already way more than enough bridges that got burned too, so that even makes it more of a bummer.

@ad infinitum (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=80) - In case you're lurking, I wondered what you would've thought of this.

virushopper
06-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Al apparently thinks we need another live album from the last tour:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ministry-to-release-last-tangle-in-paris-cddvd-in-july/

On the plus side it has Psalm 69!

fillow
06-16-2014, 02:45 PM
So basically it's exactly the same tracklist as Adios Puta Madres (plus a couple Relapse songs), and exactly the same as Enjoy the Quiet (which already has Relapse material). Nice work, Al.

ziltoid
06-16-2014, 03:03 PM
"Mikey’s last words to me were….FBTE could not be topped …so why bother MINISTRY RECORDINGS ARE DONE !!!! Carve that shit on a stone tablet!”

Cut to:

"Yeah, so I talked to Mikey on a Ouija board and he said it'd be cool to make another album. So, whatever Mikey wants....."
I expect the obligatory Dub/Remix album within the next 6 months for FBTE. Hell! Maybe even a Revco album if he needs money for the divorce. It makes sense to me but of course this is all speculation.

Piko
06-16-2014, 03:49 PM
If he really needs the money, why not clean out the vault. I'm sure he's got plenty of unreleased stuff lying around.

virushopper
06-16-2014, 04:06 PM
If he really needs the money, why not clean out the vault. I'm sure he's got plenty of unreleased stuff lying around.

I'm sure the box set is on it's way. Along with another "Final" album.

Piko
06-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Another album might not be so bad if he stays sober.

ziltoid
06-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm sure the box set is on it's way. Along with another "Final" album.

As long as it has the unreleased song "Some Kind of Madness" from the with sympathy era, I might buy this.
Edit: And this as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEwayiXKS1s

Piko
06-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Or a remastered version of Cold Life.

ziltoid
06-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Speaking about "A Cold Life" Where does this track originate?
Its not the version that I have. The one I know of is shorter. Is there anymore songs that have been released in some form along these lines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfwwVRnlpzQ

Piko
06-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Not sure if i'll ever get used to clean and sober Al. Enjoy.

http://www.kvia.com/video/interview-with-al-jourgensen-and-weather-by-al/26590788

henryeatscereal
06-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Many angry comments, some even claim that the gig was never finished? WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQU7fcQTvU&list=UUtxMp7xDZx2laL5HR3N0gAg

Piko
06-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Is that the show that got cut short, with him ending up in the hospital? Judging from the comments, it seems like it's a compilation of two dates.

henryeatscereal
06-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Is that the show that got cut short, with him ending up in the hospital? Judging from the comments, it seems like it's a compilation of two dates.
Yeah, since it seems he never played "Just one Fix" in the fist date yet it's included in this DVD...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ministry/2012/le-bataclan-paris-france-53dcfb61.html

Piko
06-20-2014, 11:38 PM
I'm not seeing a second date on there... Kinda fishy.

henryeatscereal
06-20-2014, 11:45 PM
yeah, i thought there were two dates, what the hell...

Halo Infinity
06-24-2014, 12:18 AM
I just noticed that somebody posted this on Al's Facebook page. It turns out that Bill Burr is a fan of Ministry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUN68XlIj-Y

Space Suicide
06-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Evidently Al is a meteorologist. (http://www.revolvermag.com/news/viral-video-ministrys-al-jourgensen-does-the-weather-report.html)

thefragile_jake
06-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Many angry comments, some even claim that the gig was never finished? WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZQU7fcQTvU&list=UUtxMp7xDZx2laL5HR3N0gAg

Being a keyboardist in Ministry has to be the easiest gig of all time.

henryeatscereal
06-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Seeing the DVD i'll say even Al has it easy, he hardly moves

Sebgob
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
That original show in Paris was a disaster, Al collapsed after 30 minutes and brought to the hospital. Reporting from friends that were at this gig, Al was in a really bad state.
So maybe the DVD is a compilation of songs from previous dates with the Paris gig, and 1h of backstage and stuff like that ...

henryeatscereal
06-28-2014, 01:04 PM
That original show in Paris was a disaster, Al collapsed after 30 minutes and brought to the hospital. Reporting from friends that were at this gig, Al was in a really bad state.
So maybe the DVD is a compilation of songs from previous dates with the Paris gig, and 1h of backstage and stuff like that ...
So sad, really, i don't get why he still chooses the hard drugs at this stage of his life

Conan The Barbarian
06-28-2014, 01:18 PM
The evil claws of addiction.

Piko
06-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Heard that the dvd might actually have been filmed in Chicago, and not Paris. Why Al would want to release another live dvd is beyond me, since he released one last year with likely the same exact setlist.

Sutekh
06-28-2014, 04:20 PM
needs to drum up support for a tour, promoters might be scared, may have heard rumours about paris... idle speculation on my part of course

virushopper
06-28-2014, 04:23 PM
I guess Al does not have the ownership to the official Ministry site domain: http://al-jourgensen.squarespace.com/

Piko
06-28-2014, 09:27 PM
needs to drum up support for a tour, promoters might be scared, may have heard rumours about paris... idle speculation on my part of course

What rumors? He got shit faced drunk and dehydrated and paid the price for it. There was even a video floating around from after the show of him stumbling around outside, with his wife (soon to be ex) bribing him with wine to get him on the tour bus. Seems pretty factual to me. If he's trying to rally up some support for the tour, releasing dvds of 2012 is a bad idea. The guy was in bad shape that entire string of shows.

I guess Al does not have the ownership to the official Ministry site domain: http://al-jourgensen.squarespace.com/

He doesn't. Someone forgot to pay the bill and point fingers at the guy who hosted their site.

ziltoid
06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Called it:
http://al-jourgensen.squarespace.com/new-album/
Is this legit or a scam?

Piko
06-29-2014, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Al's track record with Remixxx albums are pretty consistent. Although, i'm a little surprised Relapse didn't get one...yet.

virushopper
06-29-2014, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. Al's track record with Remixxx albums are pretty consistent. Although, i'm a little surprised Relapse didn't get one...yet.

I'm sure the two disc remixxx set is coming. Relapse and From Beer to blah blah blah

Space Suicide
06-29-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm sure the two disc remixxx set is coming. Relapse and From Beer to blah blah blah

Nothing would make Relapse listenable to me. I HATED that album. 99% was about the only thing I could tolerate and even that sucked.

Piko
06-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Nothing would make Relapse listenable to me. I HATED that album. 99% was about the only thing I could tolerate and even that sucked.

I really liked Double Tap. But aside from 2-3 songs, it's pretty bad.

Sutekh
07-06-2014, 12:33 PM
What rumors? He got shit faced drunk and dehydrated and paid the price for it. There was even a video floating around from after the show of him stumbling around outside, with his wife (soon to be ex) bribing him with wine to get him on the tour bus. Seems pretty factual to me. If he's trying to rally up some support for the tour, releasing dvds of 2012 is a bad idea. The guy was in bad shape that entire string of shows.

you don't need to tell me - in total agreement (sadly)

ziltoid
07-07-2014, 08:00 PM
WTF!

hey kiddies...beautiful day in SoCal...yup...that's right. Living back in Cali, divorced and happy. All interested ladies should get in touch "sorry guys" I only swing your way if I'm shitfaced and you look and dress like a girl... shit happens. Anyways, starting new project named "DUBWEISER" in a couple of weeks...the CD will be called "KING OF BUDS"... also, should know some tour dates by then...so I'll keep in touch... peace.
So he ditched Ministry for a new band that will most likely sound like Ministry?

Edit: He should have done this after Paul left.
So I'm guessing that all unreleased songs that us fan want will never see the light of day?
I'm somewhat intrigued about this new band.
Now that he is sober it might be good but, I will still treat it with some contempt until I'm proven otherwise.

henryeatscereal
07-07-2014, 09:16 PM
...it would have made more sense to reunite "Revolting Cocks" at this point :/

Space Suicide
07-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Now that he is sober it might be good but, I will still treat it with some contempt until I'm proven otherwise.

The irony of every recent album title and otherwise being related to alcohol is a joke.

Piko
07-07-2014, 09:32 PM
The irony of every recent album title and otherwise being related to alcohol is a joke.

Especially being so fresh out of rehab. I'll listen to it. Definitely pretty weary of it though.

ziltoid
07-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Wow. That made me laugh more than it should.
Granted most of his stuff -post Paul- really sucked and left the "Ministry" name as a butt to a bad joke but, there must be some talent left within him.
I'm hoping with his new found sobriety that the best of him resurfaces and, that his output is more reflective of his abilities (if he has any left).
I just really wish that he reconciled with everyone he treated like shit and stays sober.
I guess I should give up hope that he might release an album that's like Filth Pig, Twitch/ed, and The mind...

Piko
07-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Just another metal by the numbers album... He should make nice with the book club.

barkhammer
07-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Just another metal by the numbers album... He should make nice with the book club.

I'm thinking it's going to be some sort of shitty "dub" project...

Piko
07-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Egh... Who knows? It's still inevitable for Ministry to return from the dead. Only a matter of time. I really don't get his fixation on naming thing on alcohol references though. You would assume he would be staying away from that topic. Nope, he starts a new thing that happens to resemble a popular brand of beer. Perhaps that trip to rehab was a waste?

virushopper
07-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Not another metal album but a Dub album with an the obligatory Remix album man!

It gets chopped even more!

fillow
07-10-2014, 03:43 AM
I have no idea if this was in circulation or not, but here's Ministry set from Bridge School '94 in a damn good quality:
http://www.musicvault.com/ministry/video/lay-lady-lay_1007803.html

NotoriousTIMP
07-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Wow, that quality is pretty awesome! Eddie looked so out of place during Lay Lady Lay, poor guy. I really dug that Grateful Dead cover which I had never seen/heard before. Thanks for sharing!

konkelo
07-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Being a keyboardist in Ministry has to be the easiest gig of all time.

What I've heard it might be not that easy after all. The keyboardist plays all their samples live, they don't use backing tapes beside some loops.

Piko
07-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Not so sure about that. Not completely. They definitely used a backing tape for Al last time. But yeah, the guy on keys handles all samples, etc.

konkelo
07-11-2014, 12:07 PM
Not so sure about that. Not completely. They definitely used a backing tape for Al last time. But yeah, the guy on keys handles all samples, etc.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. But back in the days they didn't use that. Nowadays all of their live albums have playback vocals which I think sucks alot because it's so easy to notice. I think it would have been more "acceptable" if they'd record new vocals in the studio instead of using the same ones that are on the record.

Shadaloo
08-10-2014, 04:07 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/q88/p403x403/10570310_793822700639006_9125645031824650539_n.jpg

:(

Space Suicide
08-10-2014, 04:30 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t1.0-9/q88/p403x403/10570310_793822700639006_9125645031824650539_n.jpg

:(

We'll see. Needs to get away from thrash metal styling though. Needs more synth, beats and breakdowns. Less solos and less riffs.