PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad. (SPOILERS)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I recently marathon-watched all four seasons of Breaking Bad in about four days. I certainly see what all the fuss has been about. I thought it was pretty well executed for the most part. Of course, Bryan Cranston is a great actor and looks like a total badass with a shaved head and goatee. I think the retard son should have died off in the first or second season, but I guess I understand that he's needed for character development and whatnot. Bob Odenkirk is great, of course. I laugh every time I hear 'Saul Goodman' (S'all good, man). Mark Margolis is pretty cool too, even if he didn't really do a whole lot.

I know some of you guys must watch this show.

theruiner
11-30-2011, 11:44 PM
I think the retard son should have died off in the first or second seasonI think the word you're looking for is 'disabled.'

In any event, glad to see another thread for this show. I was bummed the board wasn't around after the season finale.

I know spoilers aren't technically needed since the show already aired, but I'm going to do it anyway.

So, how about the season finale, huh? Specifically Gus finally getting what was fucking coming to him. With the exception of him walking out of the room with half his face blown off (which I initially hated but have come to have mixed feelings on), that was an absolutely perfect scene. Once again, can't believe that the show actually made me feel bad for Hector, but it did.

The finale definitely felt conclusive, enough so that it could almost have served as a series finale. Of course, we have another season to go, and since it's the final season, all bets are off. Can't wait.

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I think the word you're looking for is 'disabled.'

Just being a dick.

So, how about the season finale, huh? Specifically Gus finally getting what was fucking coming to him. With the exception of him walking out of the room with half his face blown off (which I initially hated but have come to have mixed feelings on), that was an absolutely perfect scene. Once again, can't believe that show actually made me feel bad for Hector, but it did.

I dunno, I still pretty much hate that scene with Gus you mentioned. It felt totally out of place. It might have been the lowest point in the show for me. The scene before that with Hector and Hank was pretty great though. It's kinda strange though, because the episode where Gus, Mike, and Jesse go to Mexico made my feelings towards Gus change drastically. I was actually kinda rooting for him against those Narco guys. But then when he goes apeshit again and threatens to kill Walters family, you pretty much lose any positive feelings towards him. Also, that scene where Skyler tells Walt that she gave that money to Beneke and he starts laughing maniacally was probably one of the best scenes in the show for me. That really seems how someone would act in that situation.

Presideo
11-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Loved the entire season - they built up the tension between all the characters perfectly and the finale blew me away (no pun intended)

Only one more season to go and not many loose ends left (other than Mike, who I'm sure they'll just write out)

I think the word you're looking for is 'disabled.'
Just being a dick
I'm pretty sure cerebral palsy doesn't involve mental retardation (I know it may seem like nitpicking, but retardation and physical disability are two very different things) Although I do agree that he is a dispensable character, along with the rest of Walt's family.

konstantin
12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Although I do agree that he is a dispensable character, along with the rest of Walt's family.
BULLSHIT! Skyler has the best lines!

Bluegirl
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I am really excited for next season. I predict that it will involve more Walt trying to tie up all the loose ends and hide them from his brother-in-law. I still want to know more about Gus and his background and the large German corporation that his company is apart of. They mention it as if it was an important thing.

theruiner
12-01-2011, 11:07 AM
BULLSHIT! Skyler has the best lines!I don't know about the best lines, but she's got the best heavy breathing of anyone on TV.

redshoewearer
12-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I love this show and can't wait for the next season - I also watched it marathon-style, because Johnbron had spoken so highly of it. I started out hating Skyler, but she's gotten less annoying in season 4. Very mixed feelings about Gus. I've turned against Walt somewhat - he has been so horrible to Jesse who is basically a good person.

Collin
12-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Breaking Bad is one of the best shows to ever air on television. I love it all flows like it's part of the same overarching scheme and mindset. Although I will say **SPOILERS**

Gus's death was sooo cheesy and over the top.

theruiner
12-01-2011, 03:43 PM
^^Yeah, that last shot was a bit much. But everything up to that point was wonderful. Save that very last part, that scene was awesome.

dominik
12-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I love this show, watched all of the 4 seasons within a few weeks. There have been some scenes that just left me speechless (like that with TV on the Radio music in the background), definitely one of the best series I know along with GoT.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
12-02-2011, 03:34 AM
Mark Margolis is pretty cool too, even if he didn't really do a whole lot.
Didn't do much, but with limited options and screen time he still managed to put in a better performance than half the cast, and on a show of this caliber that's saying something. His intense expressions are particularly interesting in contrast to the rather muted unconcerned-yet-mildly-annoyed gaze we see him wear in flashbacks.

lady weetly
12-02-2011, 05:11 AM
When seasons 1-3 were added to netflix I couldn't stop watching and caught up for the last three episodes of season 4. So freaking good. It puts me on the edge of my seat just like Dexter does. Definitely now one of my favorite shows. And season 4 was so awesome. I don't even know how I feel about Walt now, but I do love Jesse, bitch.

Reser D
12-03-2011, 02:34 PM
I must say, I abso-fuckin'-lutely hate television. This is the only show that I bother to watch. In a world where the quality standards of televised entertainment are sinking at a terrifying rate, Breaking Bad gives me a dim flicker of hope. I find it amazing that I am actually more enthralled by the show now, in its fourth season, than I was when it began, as opposed to something like Weeds, which started off fantastically, but then, well, you know... *facepalm*

Wretchedest
12-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I also recently had a marathon of this... isn't the next one the last?

I tbasically has to come to the real showdown between Hank and Walt right?

Also, FTR I enjoyed Gus' death season. It perfectly represented his "two faced" nature. Ha! Seriously though a lot of this show can be cheesy so it didn't bother me.

theruiner
12-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Dude, there's a lot of amazing television out there. You just have to know where to look.

IAmTheExit
12-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Best show I've ever seen, hands down. Been getting my girlfriend to watch it recently and we've been tearing through the series every time she's come over recently.

I've followed it from the start and having to wait between seasons is Hell. When it's over I may as well cancel cable altogether.

Pillfred
12-03-2011, 03:41 PM
This show is pure fucking win, every episode.

Sallos
12-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I must say, I abso-fuckin'-lutely hate television. This is the only show that I bother to watch. In a world where the quality standards of televised entertainment are sinking at a terrifying rate, Breaking Bad gives me a dim flicker of hope. I find it amazing that I am actually more enthralled by the show now, in its fourth season, than I was when it began, as opposed to something like Weeds, which started off fantastically, but then, well, you know... *facepalm*

you should watch some Mad Men aswell then. prolly the best TV show ever, just probably.

october_midnight
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
you should watch some Mad Men aswell then. prolly the best TV show ever, just probably.

My fiancee and I got 2/3 the way through season 2 of Mad Men and gave it up. It just. Never. Went. Anywhere. I get why it's so popular and anyone who says 'it sucks' is an idiot but still...Breaking Bad to me anyways is a far superior program. I even know what has all happened in Mad Men, at the end of Season 2 and onwards...it just didn't move me I guess.

konstantin
12-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Dude, there's a lot of amazing television out there. You just have to know where to look.

My fiancee and I got 2/3 the way through season 2 of Mad Men and gave it up. It just. Never. Went. Anywhere. I get why it's so popular and anyone who says 'it sucks' is an idiot but still...Breaking Bad to me anyways is a far superior program. I even know what has all happened in Mad Men, at the end of Season 2 and onwards...it just didn't move me I guess.
i only watched the first season. sure, it's quality TV, like Boardwalk Empire, but why exactly do we need to care about any of those highly stylized characters?

i think the only show that comes close to BB in terms of tone is Six Feet Under. the way i see it it's all really a commentary on American culture (all those problems bubbling under the surface), with great character development. sure, it's an anti-drug show, but it's not preachy. just the right amount of nihilistic, just the way i like my entertainment.

and i'm really glad they actually know when the show is ending (one more season) so that they don't turn it into the joke that True Blood and Dexter have turned into.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
12-03-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure the best TV is that which tells you why to care about its characters—you do, or you do not, and maybe sometimes it's precisely the point that you do not. Is it inconceivable that one could be into a program, just totally addicted, without being emotionally attached to one or more characters? Obviously there are clear points out of Screenwriting 101 to offer in response, but these typically address the problem of getting the audience to come all the way to your side. What if you're trying to appeal to a different audience, one willing to do a little extra work?

Anyway, if we're talking about best shows, I think 'The Wire' still beats 'Breaking Bad', but that's a whole 'nother sack of potatoes. The most important point is that they're both stellar, riveting, brilliantly-done shows, and television is better for their existence.

theruiner
12-03-2011, 10:36 PM
I think there are a lot of shows better than Breaking Bad, but it's still a great show. Flawed, certainly. Makes me bang my head into a wall sometimes, absolutely. But I still love it.

redshoewearer
12-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I think what is so interesting about Breaking Bad is the complex, convoluted relationships and loyalties. You find yourself liking people, then not. (I never thought I'd feel sorry for Mike but I do right now) Watching Walt's metamorphosis from the beginning of the show to where he is now has been riveting. It is like trying to watch a plant grow. You don't see it happening in large pieces but he is not the same person now he was at the beginning of season 1. He isn't just pretending anymore. He really is the guy 'who knocks' now.

jehuty
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
A lot of people in this thread need to watch The Wire.

imail724
12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I thought The Wire was the best show on TV.. until Breaking Bad.

I must say, I abso-fuckin'-lutely hate television. This is the only show that I bother to watch. In a world where the quality standards of televised entertainment are sinking at a terrifying rate, Breaking Bad gives me a dim flicker of hope. I find it amazing that I am actually more enthralled by the show now, in its fourth season, than I was when it began, as opposed to something like Weeds, which started off fantastically, but then, well, you know... *facepalm*I highly disagree. I feel television has become more exciting than most films in recent years. There are SO many good shows. Like someone else said, you just gotta know where to look.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
I thought The Wire was the best show on TV.. until Breaking Bad.
That's because 'The Wire' isn't on TV anymore. ;)

theruiner
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I highly disagree. I feel television has become more exciting than most films in recent years.Yup. I'm pretty much over movies at this point, but television continues to blow me away. And I've got probably ten shows on my list that I still want to watch. I think the best shows on TV absolutely are on the same level as the best movies out there.

I think what is so interesting about Breaking Bad is the complex, convoluted relationships and loyalties. You find yourself liking people, then not. (I never thought I'd feel sorry for Mike but I do right now) Watching Walt's metamorphosis from the beginning of the show to where he is now has been riveting. It is like trying to watch a plant grow. You don't see it happening in large pieces but he is not the same person now he was at the beginning of season 1. He isn't just pretending anymore. He really is the guy 'who knocks' now.I agree with everything you've said.

One of the things that consistently amazes me about this show is how much I will hate a character, and then, in one episode, I'll suddenly be sympathizing with said character. Then the next episode I'll be back to hating them again (Gus and Hector come to mind). Or, I've found myself rooting against and for someone at the same time (Hank). All the characters are really complex, all are shades of gray and they find the perfect way to change the way you feel about a character on a dime. It's brilliant.

And yeah, Walt's very, very slow metamorphosis is also incredible. It really has been so slow and subtle that you almost don't notice it.

adrenalinejunkie
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
The Wire is the most well and smartly crafted show to ever be on television. Just about everything about it is perfection. However, a show like The Wire requires your full attention which can be a tad exhausting at times. Breaking Bad gives off that same aura of greatness but also giving the viewer that same "I can't wait the week to find out what happens next!" feeling which is something that very few shows have ever obtained let alone sustain. It has it's flaws sure like all shows but it's my favorite program on TV at the moment.

blackholesun
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Season 4 was probably my favorite yet. If you go back and watch the 1st season, it almost feels like a different show with different characters. So many shows on television get away with no character development at all and when they do, it feels unnatural and forced. Breaking Bad might be the best example of letting characters grow naturally.

I think season 5 is going have a lot to do with Walt vs Hank vs Jesse/Mike. We'll see what happens but there are so many roads this show can go down for the last 16 eps.

I watched all of the The Wire right after BrBa ended this season and was blown away.

Harry Seaward
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Season 4 was probably my favorite yet. If you go back and watch the 1st season, it almost feels like a different show with different characters.

Seriously. My mom was watching the first episode of Season 02 last night and I had to do a double-take, because it seemed like they were totally different actors than Season 04.

Harry Seaward
12-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Here is a really rad 'Easter Egg' for those of you who have finished Season 02.

http://i.imgur.com/FOHBS.jpg It's one of Jane's murals. Notice in the top-right of the image.

Also, if you string together the titles of the episodes that the teddy bear made an appearance in, you get "Seven""Thirty-Seven""Down""Over""ABQ".

sukey
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
I've just started watching this based on this thread. On the last episode of season 1 already - pretty hooked. Walt's just shaved his head and turned into a massive badass.

theruiner
12-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Wait 'till you see how season two starts. Holy shit.

NotoriousTIMP
12-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I just started watching this show yesterday and I'm already half way trough season two. Once ive completed the series I'll come back and read this thread, then post a review. So far however I'm hooked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

theruiner
12-21-2011, 12:15 AM
This is becoming a common theme in here (or maybe I'm just being really repetitive), but just wait, dude. All the seasons have been good so far, but season three takes it to a whole other level.

konstantin
12-27-2011, 10:00 AM
season 3? really? that was the first season i had to wait for a new episode each week (saw season 1 and 2 in just a few days, long after they actually aired), and i found some of the episodes lacking while others were just comic book over the top. so it seemed pretty uneven, but still brilliant over all.

season 4, however, did take the show to a whole other level each week!

GoodSoldier333
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Went through all 4 seasons in 2/3 days. Terrific show.

I love Gus. This is a gold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmp3HpAGgM

Magtig
01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Introducing the Breaking Bad RPG! (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg)

I laughed waaay too hard at this.

Santos L Halper
01-31-2012, 07:53 PM
Introducing the Breaking Bad RPG! (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6701398/breaking-bad-rpg)

I laughed waaay too hard at this.

That. Was. Awesome. Thanks for posting.........bitch.

nineinchtool
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Best part of that was Walt Jr at the end. Great job all around though.

littlemonkey613
02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
WAIT just got to the end of season 2 for the first time. WALTER HOW COULD YOU. Literally the only reason I don't want him to die is because his family would be sad.

theruiner
02-26-2012, 10:55 PM
^^Heh...if you thought that season was good, wait until you see three. Or four. The ending to "Crawl Space" still haunts my dreams.

theruiner
02-27-2012, 03:28 AM
How have I not seen this before?! Technically spoilers for the entire series so far. I think they're pretty subtle, but watch at your own risk. They did include maybe the best line of season four, and I guess it is a bit of a spoiler. Anyway, fair warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Qv2hCprbs

Piko
02-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Just ran through the entire series. Damn... Just...damn... Amazing series though. Can't wait until the next season.

littlemonkey613
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Just watched "The Fly"

meh. Reminded me a lot of "The Suitcase" in Mad Men but way less good......

I didn't buy the fly and Walter's reaction as the catalyst and the dialogue felt really forced to me. I could tell what they were going for though. Anyone else not a huge fan?

blackholesun
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
It's probably the most polarizing episode in the series. I personally love it.

theruiner
02-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Just watched "The Fly"

meh. Reminded me a lot of "The Suitcase" in Mad Men but way less good......

I didn't buy the fly and Walter's reaction as the catalyst and the dialogue felt really forced to me. I could tell what they were going for though. Anyone else not a huge fan?
I'm with you. I wasn't too crazy about that episode, either. Fortunately, the last two episodes of the season more than made up for it (holy shit).

kdrcraig
02-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Yeah I didn't like "The Fly" at all either, really the only episode of the show that I didn't care for.

elementroejoy
02-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah I didn't like "The Fly" at all either, really the only episode of the show that I didn't care for.
I thought that episode was going to be amazing, but they kind of dropped the ball on the opportunity that had with it. There were sweet moments in it though for sure.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
It's probably the most polarizing episode in the series. I personally love it.
Yeah, one of the best episodes of the season. ("The Fly")

millionmilesaway
03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
just finished season 2. I am officially addicted. didn't quite understand where the plane crash ties in, besides the father. I guess Ill find out in season 3

theruiner
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
^^I hated that ending.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, though! And you haven't even made it to the really good stuff yet. ;)

I know I sound like a broken record.

littlemonkey613
03-06-2012, 07:27 AM
So Season 2 was my favorite. Is that totally weird? I just loved everything about it. Season 4 is a CLOSE CLOSE 2nd for obvious reasons. Also Gus is my favorite character.

Um jk lol the last shot of season 4 made it the best thing of all time....

theruiner
03-10-2012, 12:09 AM
July, bitches. (http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan-cranston-says-that-breaking-bad-will-return,70657/)

smokey_mcpot
03-12-2012, 03:04 PM
^^ nice. i was worried about it... someone was telling how AMC isnt doing so good right now...

onthewall2983
03-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Fully caught up on the show now. Kicking myself for missing out during it's run so far, in favor of watching lesser shows. Just glad I'll be around to catch the last season(s?).

Sallos
03-13-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the 5th will be the final one.

theruiner
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Yup. The fifth will be the final season. It will have sixteen episodes, and will be split up over two years- we'll get eight this year and eight next year.

Sallos
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
oh cmon....

Zipfinator
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
oh cmon....

Blame AMC for that. They wanted the 5th season to only have 8 episodes and then be finished but they were able to make a deal where it'll be 16 episodes over 2 years.

Sallos
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I really don't know why would AMC pull some shit like that, besides Breaking Bad, Mad Men is really the only decent show they got left.

Walking Dead is just alright, miles away from the quality of the above mentioned.

theruiner
03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah, that would have been ridiculous. But, ultimately, we got a 16 episode final season, which is even better than 13. And Gilligan is getting to end it when he wants, on his terms, so that's also a great thing (though I don't know why AMC would ever cancel Breaking Bad, but I'm glad it's not going down that way). And I'm kind of glad it's separated into two- this way, we still have more to look forward to next year.

onthewall2983
03-13-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm totally okay with this decision, as I'll be able now to watch it with the rest of the world as it happens. 5 is a good number of seasons for a show like this. Six Feet Under and The Wire, arguably HBO's finest shows ever lasted for 5 seasons and it somehow all fit without never feeling like it overstayed it's welcome.

konstantin
03-14-2012, 08:58 AM
why not call it season 5 and 6? they'll have to end the first 8 episodes with a cliffhanger of some sort anyway. this just seems like an excuse to film significantly less episodes each year while extending AMC's hype a little longer.

theruiner
03-17-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm re-watching season two right now. Man, even when not much is happening on this show it still manages to be really entertaining and keeps your interest.

johnbron
03-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I still cry when I watch season 1 episode 4. The part where Skyler breaks down during the meal out back and Walt finally has to tell the others that he has cancer. Such a well done scene. I love this show.

theruiner
03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
^^You know what scene really got me? *spoilers for season four* The scene where Walt is talking to Walt Jr., the day after his fight with Jesse, and he starts crying and saying he's sorry. And you know that he's talking to Walt Jr., but he's also talking about Jesse, because he realizes their friendship is now fucked. Man, maybe Cranston's best moment of the series, which is saying something.

Also, Jesse's monologue at the twelve-step group in "Problem Dog" was incredibly moving. Maybe Aaron Paul's best moment of the series.

Sallos
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
I don't know why but something tells me Walt's cancer will make a return in these "two" final seasons...

Broadbent
03-19-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't know why but something tells me Walt's cancer will make a return in these "two" final seasons...

Yeah, I mean with season 4 they wrapped up a lot of story arcs that have been there since season 1, with the exception of the cancer. The only other loose ends are Hank discovering Walt is Hisenberg, and what is going to happen with Mike. They just kind of left him in Mexico while the rest of the gus story got wrapped up.

theruiner
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
^^Yeah, I think Hank finding out about Walt is probably going to be the big storyline of the season. Maybe Walt will end up on the run, with Hank and the DEA on his trail. That would be an awesome way to go out.

richardp
03-19-2012, 09:10 PM
^^Yeah, I think Hank finding out about Walt is probably going to be the big storyline of the season. Maybe Walt will end up on the run, with Hank and the DEA on his trail. That would be an awesome way to go out.

Not just Hank, but Jesse. I think he's going to figure out that Walt poisoned Brock and then all hell is going to break loose. I'll bet anything that Walt dies at the end of the season, but it won't be from the cancer. Which will be the ultimate irony.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
03-19-2012, 09:29 PM
What's still dangling out there? Uh, spoilers, but if spoilers should be expected at this point.

* Walt's medical condition, cancer likely to return
* Mike's medical condition, recovery from his injuries in Mexico but there've also been some hints he may have his own chronic illness situation to deal with.
* Hank's pursuit of Heisenberg, on-going. Walt's already convinced Hank that Gale wasn't Heisenberg, and no way will Hank think Gus or Tyrus were him, which means he's going to be sorting through the mountain of evidence left in the wake of Gus's death. Hank's not likely to find many more administrative obstacles in his path now that he was more or less shown to be right on his earlier suspicion of Fring. And SOMEBODY both blew up Gus and torched the super-lab.
* Walt's secrets kept from Jesse regarding both the Jane and Brock incidents. Of course these never need to come out, but they'd destroy the current shaky truce between the pair.
* Repercussions for the death of Gus and disruption of the supply chain. These could be from Mike, local dealers, previously unaccounted-for cartel activity, plus the law enforcement response, who'll find the destroyed lab, sure, and may even run across some blue meth somewhere in the supply chain. But they may also pull phone logs, internet logs, and what if Gus or Tyrus had saved any footage from the lab camera? Back to Hank's pursuit of Walt in any case.
* What else can Marie make purple?
* Ted. In addition to Skyler getting upset and probably taking the wrong idea about his incident, unless Saul's guys are as "top" as he claims, there's a pretty good chance any investigator worth his salt is going to find Ted's checkbook, which should have the stub for his payment to the IRS...and right before that, a check, in the same amount, to Skyler White. And then, wait, where did Ted get this money that he used to get himself out of tax trouble? Isn't that inheritance a remarkably precise and convenient quantity? We don't yet even know what happened to the body.
* Following from the previous point, let's just put it out there that Skyler and Walt's gambling winnings story isn't going to stand up.
* There may or may not still be the largely unexplored matter of Gus's secret Chilean past. It may be a discarded thread—not significant, Gus is dead, the writers were unsure about it or decided to go another way. Or maybe the writers have figured out a way to keep it significant.
* Walt's kind of broke, again. He no longer has a lab (or R.V.), but the Albuquerque meth market is kind of wide open at this point. Sooo...
* We still don't know what Walt Jr. will be eating for breakfast tomorrow.

Anything else?

Piko
03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Hank is definitely going to find out at some point. Season's going to be two parts. So, maybe Hank catches on in the first half and whatever he decides to after that in the second. And I think Mike's going to avenge Gus. He did beat the crap out of Walk for suggesting killing Gus. He was responsible for the cameras too.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Why would Mike avenge Gus? He thumped Walt for suggesting that he ought to turn against his employer, because Walt claimed to know what the situation was and that he and Mike were in the same boat together. And Mike wanted to point out that, no, they're not in the same boat together, and that Walt was being an asshole. It wasn't like he's got a special love for Gus and had to stand up for him: he was saying, "No Walter, now, now you're down there in the fetal position, now I've kicked your idea to turn against Gus in the ass, NOW I think we have an understanding, and I don't want to hear it again."

It's possible Mike has some kind of instruction for cleaning up evidence and setting affairs in order in the event of Gus's death, but I don't see Mike going out of his way to avenge the death of Gus. It's not in his character, and it would be way too easy.

Also, where is it said that Mike was responsible for the camera? That sounds like Gus, too.

Piko
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
The cameras appeared right after the "fight" in the bar. Which led me to believe that he told Gus, which led to all of the cameras in the lab.

Corvus T. Cosmonaut
03-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Well, one could just as easily say that the camera appeared right after Walt began obviously carrying a gun. Or that it appeared within an appreciable time-frame following Gale's murder.

theruiner
03-20-2012, 05:00 AM
Wait until the end.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/h3SD_oBOx7g
(http://www.youtube.com/embed/h3SD_oBOx7g)

richardp
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Wait until the end.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/h3SD_oBOx7g
(http://www.youtube.com/embed/h3SD_oBOx7g)

HAHAHA WOOOOAH!!

I wonder how many people will actually see this trailer on ABC and have no idea what he's there for and what he even means.

kdrcraig
03-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Hahaha, that's pretty good

ghostaustin
03-20-2012, 02:34 PM
* Mike's medical condition, recovery from his injuries in Mexico but there've also been some hints he may have his own chronic illness situation to deal with.

Where is his illness hinted at? I haven't noticed

onthewall2983
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
It's cool to see the goatee back.

Zipfinator
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Where is his illness hinted at? I haven't noticed

He was coughing a few times over multiple episodes. I remember it specifically in Shotgun when they're at one of the dead drops. It's just coughing but people think it'll mean something because if he coughed that much during the shoot they'd probably redo it so it's probably scripted in.

onthewall2983
03-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Mike is an awesome character. Good to see Jonathan Banks getting his due in this role. The "Half Measures" speech was an incredible moment in a show full of them.

onthewall2983
03-20-2012, 08:25 PM
HAHAHA WOOOOAH!!

I wonder how many people will actually see this trailer on ABC and have no idea what he's there for and what he even means.

My guess would be that he's on the show for an episode or two.

GoodSoldier333
03-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Hmmmmm.

https://twitter.com/#!/Krystenritter/status/182585901816365056/photo/1/large

theruiner
03-22-2012, 05:20 AM
*spoilers for season four in this article...just in case you haven't seen it*

Aaron Paul confirms the show will come back in July. (http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a372395/breaking-bad-season-five-will-air-in-july-says-aaron-paul.html)

mfte
03-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Anyone want to start putting bets on the Season 5 opening scene?

I say Gus flashback.

Sallos
03-28-2012, 12:29 PM
"previously on AMC's Breaking Bad"...

btw, maybe it's just me, but i kinda think that rewind they do at the start of every episode breaks the immersion for me, i don't why...

ibanez33
03-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Anyone want to start putting bets on the Season 5 opening scene?

I say Gus flashback.

According to the leaked script (which may or may not be legit, but it looks like it is), it's Walt leaving a hospital, and about to meet with Jesse when he's interrupted by Hank.

theruiner
03-28-2012, 08:32 PM
So, I just caught an Easter egg. I've never heard anyone mention this before (though I'm sure everyone already knows about it and I just never caught on...ha). This is from the opening of season 2, episode 12. It's so quick you could blink and miss it.

Check it out. (http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/giphangster/Untitled-6.jpg)

richardp
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm sure I'll feel real stupid when I found out, buuuut I'm not getting it...?

theruiner
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Look toward the bottom of the screen. Just to the left of center.

Nappyp
03-28-2012, 11:50 PM
the pink thing from his pool?

theruiner
03-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Yup. The pink teddy bear. This was at a motel outside of town, and the pink teddy bear was just randomly sitting there next to the motel, in a very quick shot that only lasted maybe three seconds.

Sallos
03-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Is easter egg the right definition? i mean, this sounds more like a "rhyme", i always thought of easter eggs as "outside" or real world references, i don't know....

theruiner
03-29-2012, 10:21 PM
My understanding is that an Easter egg can be pretty much anything that the filmmakers (or TV makers...or whatever the phrase is) put in as a special treat for the viewer to catch. This would qualify, I think.

In any event, I just thought it was kind of neat. Definitely on purpose, obviously. Of course, there are a couple of pretty awesome Easter eggs in season four that don't become apparent until after you've seen the whole season. I wonder if there are any others out there that people have missed.

theruiner
04-01-2012, 05:43 AM
Funny (http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/224706-breaking-bad-comics), but spoiler for season four.

Somewhat Damaged
04-01-2012, 12:30 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lywgr4EzZU1r5crhao1_500.png

Best.

theruiner
04-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Cranston confirms what we already knew: the final season will be split in half. (http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan-cranston-says-breaking-bad-will-split-its-fi,72075/) All hail Cranston.

theruiner
05-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh, Cranston, you giant tease. (http://www.avclub.com/articles/behindthescenes-breaking-bad-video-confirms-that-b,73445/)

theruiner
05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
July 15th (http://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bads-final-season-begins-amc-july-15th/)

TEN CHARACTERS

onthewall2983
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Be there, bitches.

kdrcraig
05-21-2012, 05:22 PM
There's going to be a whole year in between the episodes? That blows, I figured it would be like a fall break type of situation. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Piko
05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Sucks that they're dragging this out. But ill be watching for sure. Can't wait.

Minpin
05-22-2012, 03:20 AM
Totally anticipating a huge betrayal of Jesse by Walt before the series ends. Question for me remains whether it'll be a straight up killing (ie: tony killing chrissy) or a horrendous 'living' betrayal (ie: vic shafting ronnie)... Oh how I love/hate these betrayals :D

onthewall2983
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vulture/2012/06/04/04_berakingbad.o.jpg/a_560x0.jpg

Piko
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse does something to compromise them (again), and Walt has to put him down. Something crazy is going to happen.

theruiner
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
"All hail the king"? Does that mean that Walt is now going to be THE drug kingpin of Albuquerque? That seems like a very real possibility. Dammit, where's our teaser already?!

Broadbent
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
"All hail the king"? Does that mean that Walt is now going to be THE drug kingpin of Albuquerque? That seems like a very real possibility. Dammit, where's our teaser already?!

Well, Gus wiped out the Cartel, and Walt wiped out Gus. Walt has the chance to run the show, but He doesn't have the capitol, the distribution etc etc. He's still just a cook. Season 4 wrapped up a lot of things so It'll be interesting to see what new story they come up with.

richardp
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
I really feel like the next season will start off as Walt & Jesse until Jesse discovers what Walt did to that kid and then Jesse will wreck havoc of Walt, with the help of Mike.

theruiner
06-04-2012, 08:25 PM
This was amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XjqYlvUgJQ8

theruiner
06-09-2012, 05:05 AM
I was watching the end of "Full Measure" the other day and, even though I've seen it a few times, my stomach was still in knots and I was hanging onto every single word. Incredible.

Zipfinator
06-09-2012, 05:30 AM
They're replaying the entire series on AMC I believe starting this Sunday. There'll be 2 or 3 episodes a night it looks like at around 10:00 or later.

theruiner
06-09-2012, 06:35 AM
^^Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, they're playing them early in the morning, every day, starting early Monday morning. Here's a link to the full schedule. (http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/Breaking-Bad)

ibanez33
06-11-2012, 03:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jphULKZ4E

http://www.pokergaming.cz/Users/radazatl/Img/Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

theruiner
06-11-2012, 03:34 AM
^^Dude!!! When I saw that the thread was updated I was hoping it might be a promo.

Edit: AAAGGGHHH!!! You know what that is? That's the sound of Bryan Cranson taking all the badass in the world for himself.

theruiner
06-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Let me just say right off the bat...SPOILERS if you're not caught up with the entire series.

Second teaser (http://tinyurl.com/6v7yrgm)

Wow. That teaser is even worse than the first one. I didn't even know that was possible. Apparently they really suck at making commercials for this show.

Edit: Granted, we should take this with a huge grain of salt, but I'm still excited about the possibility. Cranston says there might be a movie. (http://www.slashfilm.com/bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-movie-sequel-farfetched/)

Magtig
06-19-2012, 12:11 AM
I don't think I'm on board with the idea of a movie.

And yeah, that teaser was awful.

But I still can't wait for this season (which is really kinda like two seasons, since it's two sets of eight episodes).

ibanez33
06-20-2012, 02:37 AM
What would they do in a movie that they couldn't do within the regular series? I really hope they don't go through with that.

theruiner
06-20-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't get why everyone's so down on this idea (no offense to either of you). The overwhelming reaction to this has been negative. I feel like I'm the only person who actually thinks this is a good idea (besides Cranston and Gilligan...ha).

Here's my thing- yeah, there's nothing they could do in a movie that they couldn't do on TV. But my thought is, look, if this were someone else (even Mitch Hurwitz...though I'm cautiously optimistic about the supposed Arrested Development movie) I might be a bit worried. But I trust Vince Gilligan. The show has only gotten better with every season, and he seems to know what he's doing. He's earned my trust. So if he says he wants to extend the story- whether it's in movie form or on TV- I'm all for it.

It would be different if I thought he was artificially trying to extend the show beyond where it should stop. But Cranston was saying in that interview that Gilligan actually found, organically, through the process of writing the last season, that he had more story than the 16 episodes could fit. If it came naturally like that then it wasn't forced, and to me it just seems like, hey, I'm happy to have more BB. And if he decides a movie is the best medium for that story, I'm all for it. Think about it this way- what if he had instead come out and said, hey, you know, I was writing the final season and realized that the story really could- and should- extend into one more season after that...I just can't wrap it up in one season after all. Would people be so upset? Extending the show beyond when it should run is certainly to be avoided, but not extending it and trying to cram everything into 16 episodes when it could really use another season/a movie/a TV movie/a couple extra episodes or whatever to do the ending justice would be just as bad.

tl;dr- Cranston is God and if he says a movie is the way to go then THAT'S WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO, GOD DAMMIT. :p

ibanez33
06-20-2012, 02:56 AM
Fair enough.

IN OTHER COMPLETELY UNRELATED TV CROSS-OVER PHOTOSHOP NEWS...

http://i.imgur.com/2bF63.jpg

theruiner
06-20-2012, 03:03 AM
I haven't even seen Game of Thrones and I think that's fantastic.

ibanez33
06-20-2012, 03:08 AM
Back to actual BB things: That second teaser you posted was fan-made. Note that every piece of footage and dialogue is from season 4.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVNk5qGEAt4&feature=player_embedded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVNk5qGEAt4

This is the actual second teaser. Still not great, though.

Also, anyone wanting to buy a stick-on version of Jesses wrist tattoo can buy it here (http://www.tinsleytransfers.com/Tribal-Temporary-Tattoo-Borneo-Scorpion-p/tl-609.htm)

theruiner
06-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah, that wasn't very good, but it's still nice to see some footage from the new season.

Thank you again for posting these, dude. If you ever have an ATM machine hovering over your face, I promise I won't push it down.

theruiner
06-21-2012, 03:48 AM
So, Aaron Paul has been randomly posting on his Twitter that he's standing at this phone booth near the set and he'll be taking calls from fans at said phone booth for the next X number of minutes. Well, I guess the other day it wasn't just Aaron Paul. Some lucky s.o.b. actually got to talk to...

http://i.imgur.com/i6nhX.jpg

Piko
06-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Times like these that make me consider starting a twitter.

theruiner
06-22-2012, 12:55 PM
So, um...the Breaking Bad season five cast photos are all pretty meh. (http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/breaking-bad-season-5-cast-photos/jesse-walt.php)

...Except number ten. Holy shit. I was seriously hoping this would happen and now we know. Slight spoiler, I guess (I mean, if you want to go in completely cold...but really, it's not much of a spoiler). Did I mention holy shit? Yeah. Holy shit. Cannot fucking wait.

theruiner
06-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Another day, another shitty promo with recycled footage, but this time with HUGE spoilers for pretty much every major thing that's happened so far (http://tinyurl.com/85us9we)

I guess we're just not getting an official trailer for the new season, huh? Just these awful commercials with 30 seconds of incredibly uneventful, boring footage from season five and/or spoiler-filled, cheap, cheesy crap like this? Awesome.

Mantra
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
the juxtaposition of jane's death with a 70s blaxploitation/funk soundtrack is incredibly bizarre.

ibanez33
06-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Another day, another shitty promo with recycled footage, but this time with HUGE spoilers for pretty much every major thing that's happened so far (http://tinyurl.com/85us9we)

I guess we're just not getting an official trailer for the new season, huh? Just these awful commercials with 30 seconds of incredibly uneventful, boring footage from season five and/or spoiler-filled, cheap, cheesy crap like this? Awesome.

Waiting for what now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYErgUu95HA

theruiner
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
...And I need to go take a shower.

Santos L Halper
06-26-2012, 07:30 PM
FYI iTunes has the first four seasons (in HD) bundled together for $49.99. Pretty awesome deal if you ask me.

onthewall2983
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Also, AMC has been showing anywhere from 1-3 episodes late at night so give your DVR some love and record to catch up.

theruiner
06-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Yeah, but it's almost over. I tuned in last night and they were already halfway through season four. It's probably only got five or six episodes left. The best bet is Netflix (though they only have seasons 1-3 streaming at the moment).

ibanez33
06-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Yeah, but it's almost over. I tuned in last night and they were already halfway through season four. It's probably only got five or six episodes left. The best bet is Netflix (though they only have seasons 1-3 streaming at the moment).

Last night ended with Salud, IIRC there's only 3 episodes left, Crawl Space, End Times, and Face Off. They'll probably start the series over again tomorrow night though, if they keep doing 3 per night they can get through them all before the premier.

theruiner
06-27-2012, 02:45 AM
...there's only 3 episodes left, Crawl Space, End Times, and Face Off.All three of those episodes are amazing. "Crawl Space" is probably my favorite episode of the series (if that ending doesn't leave you with your jaw hanging open then you are not human).

Also, this scene (http://tinyurl.com/738t2gt) from "End Times" is AMAZING. Spoilers, obviously, if you're not completely caught up. It's mirrored, which sucks, but it's the best I could find.

ibanez33
06-29-2012, 04:08 AM
All three of those episodes are amazing. "Crawl Space" is probably my favorite episode of the series (if that ending doesn't leave you with your jaw hanging open then you are not human).

Also, this scene (http://tinyurl.com/738t2gt) from "End Times" is AMAZING. Spoilers, obviously, if you're not completely caught up. It's mirrored, which sucks, but it's the best I could find.

That and the final scene from Crawl Space still give me chills. Need to get season 4 on DVD, streaming and waiting for AMC are killing me.

ibanez33
07-02-2012, 04:17 PM
FIRST CLIP FROM SEASON 5 (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/breaking-bad-season-5-clip/)

Mantra
07-02-2012, 04:43 PM
"Um...he knows." haha

onthewall2983
07-02-2012, 05:08 PM
FIRST CLIP FROM SEASON 5 (http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/breaking-bad-season-5-clip/)

If ever there was an appropriate time for an all-caps post...that would be it

theruiner
07-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I haven't seen Walt Jr. that excited since the last time he ate breakfast!

theruiner
07-07-2012, 07:19 PM
***SPOILERS*** if you are not completely caught up with the show.

New trailer (http://tinyurl.com/8xmua7k)

Holy shit.

(http://tinyurl.com/cdwoth2)

Mantra
07-08-2012, 05:09 AM
New trailer (http://tinyurl.com/8xmua7k)

Holy shit.

I just climaxed.

Dr.Z
07-08-2012, 05:15 AM
What does Mike say at 0:35? Before "How do we know?". Can't unterstand it

Piko
07-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I know he said Walt was trouble... is that what you might've been referring to?

theruiner
07-08-2012, 06:47 PM
What does Mike say at 0:35? Before "How do we know?". Can't unterstand itHe said, "Well, you've got all the answers."

By the way, there are some really interesting things buried in that trailer. One specifically could be a spoiler if you really want to know nothing, and it was easy to miss, so I guess I'll put spoiler tags on it just in case

First, Mike is pointing his gun at Walt. I wasn't sure until I paused it. Secondly, the guy with the beard is Walt. I didn't recognize him until I paused. A beard AND a full head of hair? What could that mean? Is he trying to disguise himself? Hmmm...

ibanez33
07-09-2012, 02:20 AM
I just came out of every orifice. It was terrifying.

theruiner
07-09-2012, 02:37 AM
The way Mike says "Do you even know what you've done?" gives me fucking chills.

Edit:

*Spoilers if you are not completely caught up*

Oh, hello there. (http://tinyurl.com/848badb)

smokey_mcpot
07-09-2012, 03:58 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/funny_dog_pictures_omg1_OMG_pics-s449x380-21540-580.jpg

ibanez33
07-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Apparently there's a new 2-3 minute sneak peek from the premier, but it's only available on the US iTunes store...

*edit* FUCK EVERYTHING I JUST SAID, HERE IT IS. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0us5cxndQU0)

theruiner
07-10-2012, 04:15 PM
^^If that isn't an "oh, shit!" moment then I don't know what is.

ibanez33
07-10-2012, 04:23 PM
^^If that isn't an "oh, shit!" moment then I don't know what is.

I think this (http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S5-Episode-Photos/episode-1-hank.jpg) might qualify.

Mantra
07-10-2012, 07:51 PM
There are basically two major conflicts that I'm hoping to see blowing up this season:

-- Walt vs. Jessie: I mean, hasn't the whole series been moving towards this from day one? It feels like it's inevitable that their relationship will eventually break down and they'll become enemies, especially with all the stuff that Walt has done but Jessie doesn't know about yet.

-- Walt vs. Hank: I mean, this is probably the thing that I'm most excited about. I've been waiting for this forever and from the looks of the teasers, I think it's finally gonna start happening. Every time I think about the two of them confronting each other, I have to change my pants.

In addition, I'm hoping for some major destruction in Walt's life. I hope that doesn't sound blood thirsty or something, but really, things should start getting hardcore. It's the only thing that makes sense. He's been able to maintain a semi-decent amount of stability and pretend to live a normal life, but it seems like it's only a matter of time before something really horrible happens, like one of his kids gets killed or something like that. Nobody runs a drug empire without experiencing some pretty major sacrifices.

I have high expectations for this season. I'm looking forward to this more than any movie or album or anything. I'm hoping for a pretty mind-blowing conclusion that leaves me destroyed.

theruiner
07-10-2012, 11:58 PM
*Spoilers if you are not completely caught up and/or you don't want to know anything about season five.*

I think this (http://media.amctv.com/photo-gallery/BB-S5-Episode-Photos/episode-1-hank.jpg) might qualify.
I swear to God, I clicked that picture and at first I was like, "Yeah...so Hank's walking again, so what? We saw that in the clip." Then I looked around at the room he was in and I was like, "Wait a second...where is he?" Then, a couple seconds later, it clicked and I yelled "HOLY SHIT!" so loud I startled the person in the next room. Yes. That is a holy shit moment if there ever was one.

Piko
07-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Still trying to figure out where that is. Looks familiar, but I can't place my finger on it...

Edit - NM. I looked at the clock and figured it out

theruiner
07-11-2012, 09:54 PM
A.V. Club interview with Bryan Cranston (http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-john-carter,82309/)

Piko
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
Season six? Really?

richardp
07-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Season six? Really?

Yeah WTF. I thought Season 5 was just being split up. I didn't know they were considering it two seasons. Pointless. Just air the fifth season all at once.

Mantra
07-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Well the way they split it up, it was ridiculous to consider them both to be season 5. the word season would lose all meaning. it essentially is two seasons, so all they're really doing is being honest and calling it what it is.

Wretchedest
07-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, seperate seasons means more in dvd $ales.

Hope it comes down to walt and hank. Theyve been putting it off for too long, and that makes a clean climax.

Mantra
07-12-2012, 12:38 PM
maybe the final episode could be a mexican standoff between walt, jessie and hank. and then they all shoot each other at the exact same time and everyone dies together while ennio morricone plays.

Wretchedest
07-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I dont know that i want to see a rivalry with Jesse. I feel like they tried to go there already and it didnt work so well. I especially am kind of tired of the off/on thing jesse has with Meth. I recognize that its realistic, but it gets kind of tiresome and predictable.

Piko
07-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Well the way they split it up, it was ridiculous to consider them both to be season 5. the word season would lose all meaning. it essentially is two seasons, so all they're really doing is being honest and calling it what it is.

Well, it seems like they're pulling a Sopranos and Nip/Tuck move. Air half of the season now, call it part one, release the DVDs, then air part two. Sucks, because the entire season seems completely finished, but they want to drag this out for another year (in other words, AMC wants to capitalize on it as much as they.can before it all comes to an end) . Oh well... I'll consider them two seasons. Just sucks to wait another year for the other half that's just sitting around.

But.I'd imagine since it's split into two parts, they'll technically be mini-seasons anyway. I figure Hank will catch onto Walt at the end of the first half. Then the aftermath in the second half.

kdrcraig
07-12-2012, 03:08 PM
For some reason the fact that they're now calling it two seasons makes the year wait a little easier for me to stomach. Still blows, but it's better to call it season 6 than "the last 8 episodes of season 5 that we waited a fucking year to air"

M1ke
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
I kinda wonder if the first half is Walt VS Hank, and end with Walt killing Hank. Then the final part could be about Skylar handling the knowledge that Walt killed her brother, and possibly trying to take him down herself. Or someone else kills Hank but Skylar thinks it's Walt anyways.

theruiner
07-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, it seems like they're pulling a Sopranos and Nip/Tuck move. Air half of the season now, call it part one, release the DVDs, then air part two. Sucks, because the entire season seems completely finished, but they want to drag this out for another year (in other words, AMC wants to capitalize on it as much as they.can before it all comes to an end) . Oh well... I'll consider them two seasons. Just sucks to wait another year for the other half that's just sitting around.They're not all done yet. They don't start shooting the second half of the season (or season six or whatever the hell they end up calling it) until November.

But.I'd imagine since it's split into two parts, they'll technically be mini-seasons anyway. I figure Hank will catch onto Walt at the end of the first half. Then the aftermath in the second half.That's the way I see it going, too. But every time I've tried to predict this show I've been dead wrong, so...who knows?

Zipfinator
07-12-2012, 04:36 PM
Theruiner is correct. Read them dang interviews and such before raging.

Also did everyone forget about the funding fiasco that decided that the season would be split into two 8 episode parts? AMC wanted to cut funding on Season 5 and have it be less episodes than the normal 13 and then the show is done. They negotiated it into two 8 episode seasons instead.

theruiner
07-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Vince Gilligan says there might be a Saul Goodman spin-off (http://www.avclub.com/articles/vince-gilligan-getting-an-early-start-on-the-break,82388/)

That, um...hmmm. I don't know about that. Seems like that's a bit overboard. Then again, I love Saul, so...yeah, actually, I still think it's a bad idea.

Of course, that's on top of the potential movie Cranston hinted at (that probably will never happen).

Piko
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Theruiner is correct. Read them dang interviews and such before raging.

Also did everyone forget about the funding fiasco that decided that the season would be split into two 8 episode parts? AMC wanted to cut funding on Season 5 and have it be less episodes than the normal 13 and then the show is done. They negotiated it into two 8 episode seasons instead.

That, I could understand, considersiding everything that happened between AMC and Mad Men. Either AMC's struggling (they shouldn't be), or they're getting greedy.

Broadbent
07-12-2012, 06:16 PM
That, I could understand, considersiding everything that happened between AMC and Mad Men. Either AMC's struggling (they shouldn't be), or they're getting greedy.

Well Dircetv just dropped AMC so I imagine the channel itself(not the amazing shows) is suffering.

millionmilesaway
07-12-2012, 09:48 PM
the first episode will stream live on AMC.com yay I will get to see it without torrenting it!

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/pulled-from-dish-network-amc-will-stream-breaking-bad-for-viewers/ (http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/pulled-from-dish-network-amc-will-stream-breaking-bad-for-viewers/)

theruiner
07-13-2012, 12:50 AM
The A.V. Club interviews Aaron Paul; says fifth season will be a "bloodbath."
(http://www.avclub.com/articles/aaron-paul-on-breaking-bads-bloodbath-of-a-fifth-s,82372/)

Edit:

More goodness.

Dave from the Slash Filmcast has started a Breaking Bad podcast. (http://www.slashfilm.com/introducing-knock-breaking-bad-podcast/) Can't wait.

Also, yet another article on the show, this one talking about how it's one of the best shows ever. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maureen-ryan/breaking-bad-greatest-show_b_1665640.html?utm_hp_ref=tv) I have no idea if there are spoilers for past seasons in there or not since I haven't read it yet, so...be careful if you're not totally caught up.

Jan
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Well Dircetv just dropped AMC so I imagine the channel itself(not the amazing shows) is suffering.

You about gave me a heart attack when I read that statement! I checked and directv still has AMC. Don't know where you're getting that info. They dropped a lot of channels but not AMC. :)

Piko
07-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Think you guys might be referring to dish network. I remember seeing commercials pleading for people to call them to keep AMC on the network.

onthewall2983
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Dish dropped AMC, Direct dropped ALL of the Viacom channels.

Mantra
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Jesse call more people bitch this season.

theruiner
07-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Oh, nothing. Just another brand new trailer. (http://tinyurl.com/7kdvvha)

ibanez33
07-14-2012, 04:06 AM
I am too drunk to fully comprehend the full scope of how awesome that is. However, I came 8 times.

Michalrose
07-14-2012, 08:14 AM
I am too drunk to fully comprehend the full scope of how awesome that is. However, I came 8 times.
Damn I only came once. The Fleetwood Mac song was a nice touch. Can't wait!

Piko
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
This is going to be amazing.

Gray Grimez
07-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Holy fucking shit. That's all i can say.

Zipfinator
07-14-2012, 04:59 PM
While I enjoyed the trailer, I really dislike how they use scenes in them from every season acting like it's all stuff that will happen this season. For example in the season 4 trailer after he says "I am the danger" it shows a reversed scene from season 2 of Walt putting a knife back into the knife block so it looks like he's pulling it out. I guess it's tougher to put together trailers for a show like this than something like The Walking Dead where there's a lot of action shots to use without spoiling anything but I still find it quite annoying.

johnbron
07-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Less than 11 hours to go. I cannot fucking wait!

Piko
07-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Think I'm going to have myself a season four marathon today. Been running through the seasons these past few weeks. Almost here!

Mantra
07-15-2012, 12:22 PM
So someone mentioned earlier in the thread that the season premier was going to be streaming on AMC, but it appears that that's only for Dish customers or something. I don't have TV, so I guess I'll be waiting for an upload tonight.

johnbron
07-15-2012, 10:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d899-8dea-2915.jpg

Piko
07-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Magnets bitch! Episode was amazing. But why do I have a feeling that the laptop is going to end up hurting them in the end? Plus there was that other thing in the picture frame. This was only the calm before the storm.

Edit - so is it a safe bet that he ends up on the run from the DEA and his cancer returns? Noticed a cough before he popped a pill.

ibanez33
07-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Edit - so is it a safe bet that he ends up on the run from the DEA and his cancer returns? Noticed a cough before he popped a pill.

That's my guess, sort-of. I'm thinking he uses that guy to make him 'disappear' for a bit, hence the fake name & license, but something prompts him to come back to ABQ and go apeshit on somebody with that M60.

That feel when I have to wait a week until the next episode (http://i.imgur.com/HFFvW.jpg)

Mantra
07-16-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing Jesse call more people bitch this season.

...and I wasn't disappointed.

Pillfred
07-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Officially jealous of all who have seen this.

Zipfinator
07-16-2012, 04:01 AM
I can see a lot of possible outcomes for this and none of them include Miller Time...

Piko
07-16-2012, 07:47 AM
What about the gun in the truck? Also, he looked like shit. Like he's on the run. I just wonder who he's running from. Hank? Jesse? Someone else?

Bluegirl
07-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Walt's demeanor was also different. There is less of the arrogance you see in the present of the episode. He seems more tired and broken. I predict that someone got hurt or died. Maybe the entire family is on the run and now he is back ... for VENGEANCE.

redshoewearer
07-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Walt's demeanor was also different. There is less of the arrogance you see in the present of the episode. He seems more tired and broken. I predict that someone got hurt or died. Maybe the entire family is on the run and now he is back ... for VENGEANCE.

That makes a lot of sense.

Favorite Line Walt to Mike "Because I said so". Walt is pretty much a megalomaniac at this point.

Piko
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Think it's a safe bet to say Walt's not fucking around this season. Just have a feeling everything is going to end very badly for him though...

konstantin
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM
haha. so Gus has been recording tons of hours of footage for months (or years?) and it's all been stored on a laptop's hard drive?! this is bullshit :-)

Piko
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Considering how cautious Gus was, I doubt he only had a Plan A.

onthewall2983
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
It had to have been months because the cameras were installed a few episodes into Season 4. And plus those videos were probably not in high-def quality, which means he had more HD space for it.

Piko
07-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Just wonder what that hidden letter was. Gus was very cautious so who knows? He might have tapes laying around somewhere with footage and other things.

onthewall2983
07-16-2012, 02:49 PM
One thing I heard was was that he was gay.

Piko
07-16-2012, 03:11 PM
One thing I heard was was that he was gay.

The actor? Because it was never once implied that Gus was.

owinn
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d899-8dea-2915.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/211551_755718462_2608212_n.jpg

Science is badass

onthewall2983
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
The actor? Because it was never once implied that Gus was.

No, Gus. I think some people probably read into certain attributes too much.

Piko
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
If I recall right, I think he mentioned somewhere in season 3 about having a family. Could be wrong. Never got any impression that he could be.

Zipfinator
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Just wonder what that hidden letter was. Gus was very cautious so who knows? He might have tapes laying around somewhere with footage and other things.

You can read what it said when it zooms in. It was information and routing numbers to banking accounts in the Cayman islands.

Also about Gus being gay, it was somewhat implied that he was in Hermanos in the scene where Maximillian is killed by Tio. It wasn't coming out saying "Gus is Max's lover" but you could take it that way if you wanted to based on how Tio acts towards them.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
I was watching the beginning of the premiere last night, when I thought to myself, "Wait, what the fuck am I doing? I haven't even seen a single episode yet."

So I guess that's what I'm doing with my Monday before work. :P

Edit: Man. 25 minutes in and I'm already wondering why I haven't seen this sooner! I can definitely see myself watching this show from start to finish before school starts up.

"WIPE DOWN THIS."

redshoewearer
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I was watching the beginning of the premiere last night, when I thought to myself, "Wait, what the fuck am I doing? I haven't even seen a single episode yet."

So I guess that's what I'm doing with my Monday before work. :P

Edit: Man. 25 minutes in and I'm already wondering why I haven't seen this sooner! I can definitely see myself watching this show from start to finish before school starts up.

"WIPE DOWN THIS."

Get ready to be as addicted to the show as people are to the main substance in the show.

I want a shirt with that magnets quote.

richardp
07-16-2012, 10:59 PM
You can read what it said when it zooms in. It was information and routing numbers to banking accounts in the Cayman islands.

Also about Gus being gay, it was somewhat implied that he was in Hermanos in the scene where Maximillian is killed by Tio. It wasn't coming out saying "Gus is Max's lover" but you could take it that way if you wanted to based on how Tio acts towards them.

I NEVER got that implication from that. It just seemed like the two were close friends. I think the Gus Is Gay thing is a little far fetched.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Zipfinator
07-17-2012, 12:35 AM
I NEVER got that implication from that. It just seemed like the two were close friends. I think the Gus Is Gay thing is a little far fetched.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

I'm not saying that he was gay! I'm just saying that the way Tio spoke to them somewhat implied it and I know other people took it that they were gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

theruiner
07-17-2012, 01:29 AM
Plus, in that picture they showed in last night's episode (the one that was on Gus's desk) it looks like his arm is around Max. My brother was saying it was definitely him, but I can't quite tell. Maybe they were really tight, but to have a picture like that on your desk 25 years after dude died? I'm not saying it's proof positive that he was gay, or that you couldn't have a picture with you and a close friend (especially one who died), just that, given the speculation (and the fact that Gilligan knows about said speculation) I do have to wonder if they were hinting.

Anyway, finally got a chance to watch the episode tonight. Absolutely terrific episode. What a hell of a way to start the season. That opening scene was, hands down, the best opening of the entire series. I seriously cannot wait until we find out what that's all about.

oldschool
07-17-2012, 02:37 AM

Something I just noticed after watching that opening scene for about the third time, Walt isn't wearing his wedding ring.

At first I questioned if that was normal or not given his complicated marriage, but he has it on in the next scene when, in present day, he is cleaning up his house.

Can't wait to find out what it all means!

Piko
07-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Something I just noticed after watching that opening scene for about the third time, Walt isn't wearing his wedding ring.

At first I questioned if that was normal or not given his complicated marriage, but he has it on in the next scene when, in present day, he is cleaning up his house.

Can't wait to find out what it all means!

Well, technically they're not together and only still married because of a loophole.

he does seem like he's in hiding. No idea if he's running, or simply just laying low. He went by some other name. So its got to be real bad. My question. Is he seeking revenge, or protecting himself?

And I looks like his cancer may have returned. The cough and the pills.

Going to be very interested to see how it all ties together. 7 more to go...

Bluegirl
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Well, technically they're not together and only still married because of a loophole.

But he forgave her. ;)

Oddly enough that was the scene that had me thinking he had fully crossed the line. It was creepy.

Piko
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't call it creepy. I'd say worrisome. He "forgives" her, which probably makes her fear him even more than she did before. She thinks he's a monster, but at the same time, he's Walt.

kdrcraig
07-17-2012, 11:57 AM
He "forgives" her, which probably makes her fear him even more than she did before.

Exactly. And with the mindset he's in now he probably thought she was seeking his forgiveness.

theruiner
07-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Two new featurettes:
Inside Episode 501 (http://tinyurl.com/72jepff)
Making of the Season 5 Premiere (http://tinyurl.com/759a5tx)

ibanez33
07-18-2012, 04:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fiBgd3tzEI&feature=player_embedded

My take on the things discussed over this page and the last:

Walt goes on the run from someone, but is back in the intro. The guy who sold him the M60 also sold him the .38 early in season 4, so he's back in ABQ. My best assumption is that something tragic happened to Skyler, as he's not wearing his wedding ring in the intro, yet it's prominently shown and mentioned later in the episode. Also, the cancer comes back, as evidenced by him coughing and taking medication in the bathroom.

Gus may or may not have been gay, but regardless of whether or not he and Max were lovers, his best friend was shot in the head 2 feet from him. There's no reason not to keep a picture of him. Somewhat relevant: Gus didn't have a family. He had toys out and talked about a family when Walt came for dinner. When Jesse came, toys and family photos were gone. ALSO: The writing behind the picture was banking information.

Odds are there was nothing SAVED on the laptop, but he was using it to monitor the lab, and the DEA most likely could have found out there was a video surveillance program with a feed coming from the laundromat. If anything, there may have been a few clips from the lab in case something did happen and Gus was left without a cook, he could use those clips to train a new one.

NEW THEORY:
Walt left the truck at the police station on purpose. He knew already it had enough power to get the job done and even tip the truck, yet still doubled it up. When Jesse said there was a big curb in the way, Walt told him to just drive over it. The truck was already tipping a lot when he cranked it to full power, he had to know that would happen. And when Mike was driving them away, he said he'd previously wiped it all for prints, made sure there was no paperwork or anything traceable to either the truck or the magnet. When Walt Jr. said Hank was going to be even MORE of a hero, Walt decided to send a message to the police that Heisenberg is still out there, and he is NOT to be fucked with.

Piko
07-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Plus, in that picture they showed in last night's episode (the one that was on Gus's desk) it looks like his arm is around Max. My brother was saying it was definitely him, but I can't quite tell. Maybe they were really tight, but to have a picture like that on your desk 25 years after dude died? I'm not saying it's proof positive that he was gay, or that you couldn't have a picture with you and a close friend (especially one who died), just that, given the speculation (and the fact that Gilligan knows about said speculation) I do have to wonder if they were hinting.

Anyway, finally got a chance to watch the episode tonight. Absolutely terrific episode. What a hell of a way to start the season. That opening scene was, hands down, the best opening of the entire series. I seriously cannot wait until we find out what that's all about.

Think they were real close considering his reaction to his death. Devastated him. And also a reminder of how Gus became the guy he was. So it makes sense for him to have had a picture with the two of them.

theruiner
07-19-2012, 03:31 AM
^^I suppose. To be fair, if something happened to my best friend, I might have a picture hanging around on my desk, too.

Anyway, on another note...highlights from the Breaking Bad Comic-Con panel (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/breaking-bad-comic-con-panel-highlights-video-44782.html)

october_midnight
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Lz0Wb0MI

johnbron
07-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Best. Episode. Ever. FUUUUUUCK!

ibanez33
07-23-2012, 02:43 AM
Mike is too goddamn awesome for his own good. And that final bedroom scene was one of the creepiest moments I've ever witnessed on television. Oh, and MIKE IS A GODDAMN BOSS.

*edit* "The Crystal Ship" bit was pretty funny, but Next weeks conversation with Saul (http://www.amctv.com/breaking-bad/videos/sneak-peek-episode-503-breaking-bad-hazard-pay) is better ;)

Piko
07-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Point driven by last night's episode, "don't fuck with Mike". When he was walking up those steps, I was telling myself "Come on, man. You know better than this!". Didn't let me down.

Wretchedest
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
This new season is pretty sharp. The ending to last nights episode was so spot on creepy. His wife may be the biggest time bomb this time around.

Piko
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
I think she's going to end up telling Hank. She's terrified of him, heh.

onthewall2983
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Am I wrong in assuming she spends the entire episode in bed?

Zipfinator
07-23-2012, 05:06 PM
Am I wrong in assuming she spends the entire episode in bed?

It seems she spent most of the time in the bed while Walt was there at least. She wasn't at breakfast or dinner.

Wretchedest
07-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Of course Walt jr. Makes it to breakfast, otherwise itd make for a jarring change in character.

Michalrose
07-23-2012, 07:42 PM
It doesn't get better than this. This show is so consistently good and never fails to amaze me. Yes, the last couple minutes were so horribly creepy I could barely endure it. Ewwwwwww.
Mike rules.

johnbron
07-23-2012, 08:17 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/32350547-f7d1-0ec1.jpg

Piko
07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Very creepy, indeed. But in the end, we all know this is going to come back and bite Walt in the ass. A lot of things will. And the stuff with Jesse? Jesse's bound to find out the truth, and it won't be pretty.

johnbron
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4Lz0Wb0MI
I fucking HATE Jay Leno, but that was enjoyable.

GibbonBlack
07-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Walt Jr. said he had had enough breakfast and then the camera slowly panned down to show a full bowl left on the table. I think he's planning something breakfast related this season. It's clearly a set up for a Breaking Bad Eggs spin off where he spends each episode trying to make the perfect breakfast but is always left disapointed. Then Jesse joins the cast to help him cook. In an RV.

Piko
07-23-2012, 10:22 PM
I fucking HATE Jay Leno, but that was enjoyable.

Wow, that was awesome. But yeah. Fuck Leno.

theruiner
07-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Man, that last scene...wow. I echo everyone's statements here about being creeped out. Jeeeeesus.

I guess it's safe to say that the last of Walt's humanity is gone, or at least almost gone.

Edit: Watch for at least two minutes. (http://tinyurl.com/ck7s9z3)

ibanez33
07-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Walt Jr. said he had had enough breakfast and then the camera slowly panned down to show a full bowl left on the table.

I'm not sure if you're completely joking with that post, but the full bowl was set out for Skyler, who didn't get out of bed.

At first I was like, "There's no way this is the right link", and then 1:12 hit and I FUCKING LOL'D.

GibbonBlack
07-24-2012, 06:47 AM
I'm not sure if you're completely joking with that post,

I was joking about all the spin off stuff. I didn't click that the bowl was for Skyler though

kdrcraig
07-24-2012, 07:11 AM
God damn I'm glad Mike is back this season, such an awesome character.

Piko
07-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Man, that last scene...wow. I echo everyone's statements here about being creeped out. Jeeeeesus.

I guess it's safe to say that the last of Walt's humanity is gone, or at least almost gone.

I wouldn't say he's lost his humanity. He thinks he's hot shit because of Gus. Skyler's terrified of him. And he's just in denial thinking she'll eventually "come around", which she won't and will eventually hit Walt where it hurts.

Rewatched the video. I eventually got it, heh. Oh 70s...

M1ke
07-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Skyler has been the dominant one in the relationship for a long time, and now she's not. She's going to lash out about that for sure.

theruiner
07-25-2012, 04:35 AM
Man, I don't know whether to put spoiler tags or not, because I know some people are still catching up on the show, or maybe are caught up but just haven't seen this week's episode yet (though, I wouldn't come in this thread at all if I hadn't seen the latest one yet, so...maybe I'm being too paranoid). So...yeah. I won't tag it, but spoilers if you're not totally caught up (and that's probably unnecessary, anyway).

Anyway, so...anyone else kind of bothered by Mike telling Lydia (it was Lydia, right?) that he would kill her daughter if she came in the room? I know Mike's a bad guy, but I have to think he has his limits. He's not Walter, after all, who apparently has no qualms hurting children (maybe even killing, depending on how you interpret the events of season four, i.e., did Walt know EXACTLY how much to use so Brock, for sure, would only get sick, or did he really risk the kid dying and was just hoping for the best). It's probably because I like Mike so much, but I really don't want to believe that he would really do that, that even if it meant he might get caught, or he might have to run, he just wouldn't murder a child.

I guess we'll never know (probably). I'm hoping it was just a scare tactic to get Lydia to keep quiet.

Also, if he really wanted to scare her, he could have offered her a Lipton tea with sugar. Would have shut her right up.

Zipfinator
07-25-2012, 05:34 AM
@Theruiner, remember that two of Mike's men died because of her, one of which Mike had to kill himself because she hired him to kill him. If she had it her way 11 of his men would have died just so she could live comfortably. After Gus killed Victor it seems he's pretty pissed when people mess with his men like when Walt called the police on Tyrus when he was watching Hank's house.

onthewall2983
07-25-2012, 05:36 AM
I loved that Mike's instinct was to pull out his gun on Gus very briefly after Victor's death.

theruiner
07-25-2012, 06:20 AM
@Theruiner, remember that two of Mike's men died because of her, one of which Mike had to kill himself because she hired him to kill him. If she had it her way 11 of his men would have died just so she could live comfortably. After Gus killed Victor it seems he's pretty pissed when people mess with his men like when Walt called the police on Tyrus when he was watching Hank's house.But I'm not talking about killing Lydia, I'm talking him potentially killing her five-year-old daughter. There's no doubt in my mind Mike would have no problem killing Lydia.

I loved that Mike's instinct was to pull out his gun on Gus very briefly after Victor's death.
Really? Ha! I never noticed that. I'll have to watch that again.

redshoewearer
07-25-2012, 12:36 PM
But I'm not talking about killing Lydia, I'm talking him potentially killing her five-year-old daughter.

I think he could do it. Then he'd cry, and ask himself what he'd done, but he could do it. He has two people in one body and when the killer takes over, the other side is completely blocked.

mfte
07-29-2012, 09:44 PM
haha I love skinny pete... also it was nice to hear someone tell marie to shut up.... been waiting 4 seasons for that to happen

Piko
07-29-2012, 11:11 PM
"Just because you shot Jesse James. It doesn't mean you're Jesse James."

Great season so far. Yet to really get going though. Just a matter of time until Jesse catches onto what Walt did to the kid. He's going to blow his top. Wouldn't be surprised if (next year) it's everyone against Walt.

Wretchedest
07-30-2012, 12:28 AM
What DID walt do to the kid? I completely forgot... and was that walt threatening jesse at the end.... i couldnt quite pick upwhat he was getting at..

ibanez33
07-30-2012, 01:45 AM
What DID walt do to the kid? I completely forgot...

Poisoned him, then made Jesse think Gus did it.

*edit* Jesse breaking up with Andrea was pretty sad... But Walt doesn't even care, right after that talk they had? Fuck... It's by far not the worst thing he's done, but that moment spoke volumes about how little he cares about anyone but himself.