PDA

View Full Version : New hesitation marks tracks played live

Tothelovers Farewell
08-08-2013, 04:53 AM
Recently heard a recent gig from Fuji and there was a new track called find a way, been listening to another live one and the first two tracks are new, does anyway know what they are called.

apologies in advance for the vague!

Ryan
08-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Post this stuff in Random NIN Questions:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/733-Random-NIN-Questions

Live tracks apart from Came Back Haunted played live so far are Copy Of A, Find My Way and Disappointed.

BenAkenobi
08-08-2013, 05:15 AM
you forgot to mention that cover for late Johnny Cash song

/in before the lock

Tothelovers Farewell
08-08-2013, 05:26 AM
oh a smart ass!

Tothelovers Farewell
08-08-2013, 05:27 AM
thanks ryan i think it is copy of a. thats great.

katara
08-08-2013, 09:06 AM
The second track at most [all?] of these gigs has been a remake of Sanctified from Pretty Hate Machine. It's not a new song.

OSLIN
08-08-2013, 09:17 AM
That other misc. instrumental was, What if we Could... Have you look in other threads before bugging us?

tony.parente
08-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I love lamp.

brokenfragility
08-08-2013, 05:41 PM
The second track at most [all?] of these gigs has been a remake of Sanctified from Pretty Hate Machine.

Except for the South Korea gig, in which that slot went to Disappointed. I still haven't watched any of the videos for that one, if they play it at a livestream show I'll watch but cell phone video of new songs played live is where I draw the line, hehe.

ManBurning
08-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Except for the South Korea gig, in which that slot went to Disappointed. I still haven't watched any of the videos for that one, if they play it at a livestream show I'll watch but cell phone video of new songs played live is where I draw the line, hehe.

I tried watching that one, the version I found was pretty darn good quality, but the song still kinda sounded like ass... I donno if I was just not familuar with the song, or if the recording really was poor, but I was very unimpressed with the song and ended up turning it off half way into the song.

For my sake, I hope it was just a poor recording that didn't do the song justice, because so far the album is 2 for 2... 2 good songs (Came Back Haunted, Copy of A) and 2 bad songs (Disappointed {from what i've heard} and Find My way). I cannot get into "Find My Way" no matter how hard I try. I was at Lolla when it came on and I was not impressed. The song is kinda boring, and have listened to the steam many times since then and this song is NOT growing on me at all.

I hope I change my mind when I hear the songs in their place in album form in full. But so far, he was right by saying the songs are very minimal and stripped down. They are basically him and a drum machine with the odd electronic noise here and there.

I miss heavily layered NIN songs with lots going on that take you 40 listens to discover every noise.