PDA

View Full Version : Artemis fowl

littlemonkey613
07-29-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disney-developing-live-action-adaptation-of-artemis-fowl-novels-with-producer-harvey-weinstein?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

My favorite batch of kids books of all time. This shit. Anyone? ANYONE? I will literally fall in love with anyone who is interested in this.

Being developed by Disney and Weinstein

xmd 5a
07-29-2013, 07:42 PM
My sisters and I loved these books as a kid. I begged my mum to get me the second book (Arctic Incident?) based purely on the cover and subsequently got hooked. That series was second only to the Alex Rider novels as favourites in my early teens. I'll definitely give the film a watch if only for nostalgia. Hopefully it turns out more interesting than the adaptation of Stormbreaker...

littlemonkey613
07-29-2013, 07:47 PM
I wonder how they'll cast it. Holly and Artemis have to be perfect. Their relationship/weirdness will be a treat onscreen. I can't think of any other friendship like theirs when it comes to family fair movies.

scorpiusdiamond
07-29-2013, 07:49 PM
I grew up on these books and the aforementioned Alex Rider books. I found that as I grew up, the former seemed to be more childish than the latter, but they were still really good.
The folklore and characters were great.
The Supernaturalist is fantastic too, written by Colfer, still one of my favourite books. The Wish List is pretty good as well.

xmd 5a
07-29-2013, 08:37 PM
I quite liked the Wish List too. This thread is really bringing back some fond memories haha.

littlemonkey613
07-29-2013, 08:43 PM
The Supernaturalist is fantastic too, written by Colfer, still one of my favourite books. The Wish List is pretty good as well.

The Supernaturalist was awesome (and strange). I have yet to read the Wish List.

playwithfire
07-29-2013, 10:26 PM
I was a HUGE fan of Artemis Fowl back in the day, and also had a huge crush on Artemis. The last book I read was I think The Opal Deception but it's such a great, fun series. I used to know Gnommish and everything. I'd love to see this handled well, because the series has always had SO MUCH potential to be a great series of films.