PDA

View Full Version : Ray Donovan

DVYDRNS
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Anybody into this show? Its pretty damn good.

DVYDRNS
08-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Seriously? Nobody watches this show?

virushopper
08-06-2013, 10:27 AM
I would but Time Warner and CBS are fighting.

DVYDRNS
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Bro do you even BitTorrent

virushopper
08-07-2013, 04:50 PM
My assumption was the blackout would last maybe a day or two and we're what 4 days in. As for BT, I'd just remote into my XBMC box to grab them from Usenet.

aylasaur
08-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I watch it. It's good but some of the characters are infuriating. I was disappointed Ray Donovan cheated after positioning himself as being above it. I thought they were going to play up the irony of him having a high moral standard and self integrity for himself while he goes about fixing people's screw ups, but he ended up being as much of a dirt wad as those he protects. I was originally rooting for him, not so much now. And I don't get his daughter's character - a seemingly studious good girl who gets herself into high risk situations without thinking twice. Still, it's entertaining.

onthewall2983
11-13-2013, 04:04 PM
Finished the first season this week. It had some interesting things to say and some epic performances (especially from the underrated Dash Mihok), but ultimately I didn't feel that it meant a whole lot in the end. I know it's renewed for a 2nd season, but I'm questioning myself why (though I know why, it's fucking Showtime. They renew everything).

Dra508
11-15-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm getting ready to spin up this season. I love Liev's voice.

Space Suicide
07-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I bought season 1 on blu-ray after my eighth season of Dexter gave me the first two episodes of the season. I dig the show and love the pacing. Season 2 premiered last week and we are now on the second episode tonight. I'm not finished with season one yet haha.

thelastdisciple
07-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I might give season 1 another go, i watched maybe the first 4 eps or something... it was kinda boring me though at first that and i kept trying to figure out what it was that Ray Donovan was supposed to be doing for people... what was he exactly?? a hitman? a clean up guy? just looking for any odd job that people will hire him for? guess i would find this out as the season goes on it just was one of those things i was a bit confused about when it first started.

Space Suicide
07-20-2014, 08:34 PM
I might give season 1 another go, i watched maybe the first 4 eps or something... it was kinda boring me though at first that and i kept trying to figure out what it was that Ray Donovan was supposed to be doing for people... what was he exactly?? a hitman? a clean up guy? just looking for any odd job that people will hire him for? guess i would find this out as the season goes on it just was one of those things i was a bit confused about when it first started.

He's technically a fixer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleaner_%28crime%29) that lives in LA that used to be part of the Boston mob, as was his father.

imail724
08-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Great episode last night.

Space Suicide
08-25-2014, 08:56 AM
Blah. I still haven't watched season one yet fully, been too consumed with True Blood and Game of Thrones.

I need to get on that.

mfte
08-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Watched the first 3 episodes. Meh.

Cool concept, some great performances especially from Jon Voight.

Ultimately there are too many instances where characters do stupid things out of character just so they plot can progress or to create conflicts to make the viewer interested.

I would only watch it again out of boredom.

Space Suicide
06-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Bought season 2 on blu-ray a few weeks ago when it was released.

New season starts up July 12th.

http://newimages.bwwstatic.com/upload11/1019889/8.jpg

I wish there was more talk of this show on here. :(

Radiovoyr
06-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Me too. It is fantastic and I feel like no one watches it.

mfte
06-21-2015, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdPyXjO2Qso