PDA

View Full Version : Orphan Black.

littlemonkey613
07-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Anyone watch this awesome little gem?

Sci-fi. Clones.

TATIANA MASLANY.

For real though she gave the best television performance(s) of the year.

[parasite]
07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
yup, watched it & really liked it, looking forward to the 2nd season

littlemonkey613
07-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Whose your favorite clone? Crazy Alison stole my heart.

Max Leo
07-22-2013, 03:52 PM
From what I've read, this show was very similar to "Ringer", just changing twin sisters for clones, this is why I wasn't sure if I should give it a chance, I watched "Ringer" (yes, I did, sorry) and was another of all those average shows that I start to watch and are ultimatelly cancelled after just one season. :o:mad: I thought this show would have the same fate, and it didn't seem too original, so I passed, but maybe it's worth a chance?

[parasite]
07-22-2013, 04:02 PM
for me, Cosima Niehaus

Whose your favorite clone? Crazy Alison stole my heart.

littlemonkey613
07-22-2013, 05:04 PM
From what I've read, this show was very similar to "Ringer", just changing twin sisters for clones, this is why I wasn't sure if I should give it a chance, I watched "Ringer" (yes, I did, sorry) and was another of all those average shows that I start to watch and are ultimatelly cancelled after just one season. :o:mad: I thought this show would have the same fate, and it didn't seem too original, so I passed, but maybe it's worth a chance?

No yeah omg. I'd watch for her performances alone. The 4 main characters she plays are all really distinct in manner, psychologically, and even posture. I legit refuse to believe that she plays all 4. They all feel like different people. The show really shines when one clone pretends to be another clone (which happens often). Because she has the characters down so well and to such a nuanced degree, you can always tell whose pretending to be who, and its always funny to see how each clone handles that kind of situation.

It also pulls off the wonky side of sci fi really well, knowing how not to take itself too seriously.

The word of mouth for it is great and season 2 is coming in April. Check it out!

thelastdisciple
07-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Yeah i loved this show! Tatiana is amazing at what she does. I think Cosima is my favorite clone followed closely by Alison!

It's brilliant, exact same actress but manages to make her clone characters have these differentiating and attractive qualities. Blows my mind.

It's SO Canadian too from cast to production haha and Vaas from Far Cry 3 is in it.

Yet it premieres on "BBC America" and they apparently run contests in ignorance of Canada (that pissed me off, we practically GAVE the show to you and this is the thanks we get? exclusion from all the cool giveaways based on the show? arseholes...)

EDIT:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3ed067da8a8c6cadefb34f2e5870cba2/tumblr_mo4nykwcce1qattmro1_500.jpg

Let me count the ways...

littlemonkey613
07-22-2013, 06:28 PM
^ Ugh omg she's so fine. I was just talking about with my friends how weird it is for them to be physically attractive but in different ways. Like when I crush hard on Sarah and Cosima I am in NO way feeling/ thinking that I am crushing on the same human.

thelastdisciple
07-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Also it's always awesome seeing Max Headroom *ahem* Matt Frewer in things. ^_^

[parasite]
07-24-2013, 03:04 PM
heres how they filmed three Tatiana Maslany's at once!

via YouTube (http://io9.com/orphan-black-reveals-how-it-can-film-three-tatiana-masl-898101511?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+io9%2Ffull+%28io9%29)

thought you guys may find this interesting.....

[parasite]
07-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Season 2 some Spoilers..... (http://io9.com/why-redacted-is-the-clone-to-watch-out-for-in-orphan-917242287?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+io9%2Ffull+(io9))

enjoy..

pigpen
08-10-2013, 12:38 PM
I just started watching this, and so far I'm really enjoying it..
Although, for some reason I thought it was going to go down an internal struggle with schizophrenia route, which excited me
more than clones.. But this is good too.

aylasaur
08-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Love this show. My favorite clone is Sarah. She is so badass.

littlemonkey613
05-11-2014, 03:36 AM
new season is bananas like what the fuuuuuck

littlemonkey613
06-22-2014, 04:57 AM
Holy fuck.

Bachy
11-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I can't decide who I love more, Alison or Helena.

http://i2.wp.com/www.4ye.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/allisonalisonsgotthewineglass.tumblr.com_.gif?resi ze=245%2C400

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/20/17/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-32121-1403301256-7.gif

Bachy
12-18-2014, 10:32 AM
http://youtu.be/svztOA5BLQ8

Millionaire
04-07-2015, 06:41 AM
Just marathoned through this show and couldn't believe I waited until now to watch it. Its a good mix of fun, smart, and campy that most of my favorite scifi is like. Tatiana Maslany is seriously doing some mind-blowing work here. Sometimes I forget when there are a bunch of clones in a scene together interacting that its all done by one person. Looking forward to season 3.

thelastdisciple
05-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Thoughts on Season 3 so far?

Pupok gives me the heebie jeebies.

Not completely taken away with the Castor element of the story but I'm coming around.

Bachy
04-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Solid premiere for season 4. Loved seeing the backstory of Beth. Really showed you how she got so unhinged. I hope to see a lot of Emkay in this season.

thelastdisciple
04-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Those Neolution folks are an interesting bunch.

That dude with the tail showed up again, was cool to see Dr. Leaky.

Beth backstory was awesome, seeing where her investigations led her and how she started spiraling out of control.

The new clone is super adorbs! She's kinda like the softcore version of Helena.

Bachy
04-17-2016, 08:03 PM
The new clone is super adorbs! She's kinda like the softcore version of Helena.

I'd say she's like if Helena and Cosima had a baby.

scorpiusdiamond
04-18-2016, 08:58 AM
God damn it, that acting though.
Can we all appreciate that as a British person I genuinely thought Tatiana Maslany was British until I heard her do an interview?
Christ. Being able to distinguish between the clones pretending to be other clones, chriiiiist.
Her acting kinda makes everyone else on that show pale in comparison to her though, certain moments are a bit cringeworthy for me still.

thelastdisciple
04-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Her acting kinda makes everyone else on that show pale in comparison to her though, certain moments are a bit cringeworthy for me still.
This was one of my issues with the Castor clones and the actor playing them. Just didn't do it for me.

Bachy
09-18-2016, 10:13 PM
Congratulations to Tatiana Maslany on finally winning an Emmy. More than well deserved. She alone has carried this show to where it's at.

aggroculture
06-07-2017, 12:20 AM
Been binge-watching this: it kicks ass! Maslany is incredible, I agree it totally feels like different actresses.

I love the rapport between Felix and Alison.
Helena is amazing.
That scene where they're all dancing in Felix's loft, just wonderful.

I'm on season 3 now...I feel sometimes that the plot has crossed over into the realm of the ridiculous, but it's so watchable, it keeps pulling me back in, I'm not stopping.

Season 5 starts June 10.

bobbie solo
06-07-2017, 01:58 AM
oh it's certainly ridiculous. Doesn't matter though...Maslany just powers through any negatives the show may have.

I remember nothing from last season. Going to have to watch the finale before starting this final season (whimper).

thelastdisciple
06-07-2017, 02:35 AM
It's crazy how slept on this show has been even on this forum despite the rave reviews by everyone whose seen it but i guess in this day & age there's a billion shows competing for everyone's attention, so can't blame folks.

So here we are. 10 episodes left.

Bring on the feels!

aggroculture
06-10-2017, 01:12 PM
I didn't like Season 4 much, I think they are making Sarah suffer a little too much, she never gets a break.
I think it's the small things that make this show, the comic relief and in-jokes: Donnie and Alison, Helena and her "Sestras", Scott, Kira's insights.
Season 4's focus on Felix's issues didn't work, he just came across as an asshole.
Wish I could marathon watch Season 5.

thelastdisciple
06-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Here's a great article highlighting the awesome visual effects for this series and how they pull off the clones of Tatiana Maslany so seamlessly.

http://mashable.com/2017/06/09/orphan-black-season-5-visual-effects-clones-geoff-scott/#j8h6amg6VmqF

aggroculture
06-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Also, I love Krystal Goderitch! Would like to see more of a role for her in Season 5.

bobbie solo
08-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Was really sad watching the finale. Going to miss this show. It wasn't always easy to follow the plot (can someone explain to me what the bad guys in all their various forms were actually trying to DO that we were supposed to not like, other than fucking with the sestras?), but the characters were so well written and beloved that it powered through. This goes for the supporting cast as well.

- loved the explanation for the title of the show that we got
- Sarah's final act to wrap up the main plot was so satisfying to watch
- that scene of the four principal sestras sitting around the fire in the backyard was amazing. Tears!
- nice coda as well, tying up the loose ends.

Well done!