PDA

View Full Version : The DC Extended Universe Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

october_midnight
07-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Wow. Warner Brothers announces follow up to Man of Steel will be a Superman/Batman film in 2015. (http://batman-news.com/2013/07/20/warner-bros-announces-batman-superman-movie-for-2015/)

Directed by Zack Snyder, produced by Christopher Nolan, written by David Goyer.

Update: Flash movie will be in 2016, and Justice League in 2017. Henry Cavill will return as Superman, Bale won't as Batman.

thevoid99
07-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Since Bale won't be Batman... will it be Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

october_midnight
07-20-2013, 01:56 PM
That's one of the things everyone's expecting to find out...or if they'll announce any more cast members at all. WB's SDCC panel is happening as we speak, so hopefully we hear more soon!

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Didn't they say that the TDK universe is in a separate universe from the upcoming Justice League movies? I could be wrong, I just swear I remember reading that somewhere. I guess JGL could still be Batman if that's the case, but I feel like that would make too many people think it was connected to the end of TDKR.

october_midnight
07-20-2013, 04:13 PM
It's official. (http://batman-news.com/2013/07/20/warner-bros-announces-batman-superman-movie-for-2015/)

BURBANK, Calif., Jul 20, 2013 — On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time–Batman and Superman–for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.
Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.
Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”
Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”
Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”
The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.
Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”
The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

Can't say I'm really feelin' the logo...

http://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/BPpO3wXCMAEXUaD.jpg-large.jpeg?resize=665%2C496

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Man...that's not pretty. I think I actually liked the one in I Am Legend more. It's not much different, but...

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/stillsx/2007/12/batman-vs-superman-i-am-legend.jpg

marodi
07-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Didn't they say that the TDK universe is in a separate universe from the upcoming Justice League movies? I could be wrong, I just swear I remember reading that somewhere. I guess JGL could still be Batman if that's the case, but I feel like that would make too many people think it was connected to the end of TDKR.

That's what I was thinking too. And last week there was a rumor that Marvel wanted JGL for Doctor Strange (although I think he may be a bit young to play the good doctor, no?)

Anyway, exciting news! The logo is atrocious though.

imail724
07-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Based on the quote posted on wbs twitter account, it seems this could be an adaptation of the dark knight returns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-20-2013, 06:14 PM
That's what I was thinking too. And last week there was a rumor that Marvel wanted JGL for Doctor Strange (although I think he may be a bit young to play the good doctor, no?)

Anyway, exciting news! The logo is atrocious though.

I wanna say he'd be too young, buuut...I dunno. After seeing him become virtually unrecognizable in Looper, I feel like if he wanted to play Dr. Strange, it'd really only be a matter of getting proper make-up. Whatever happens, happens.

Heh, it'd be really hilarious if Vin Diesel's secret dealings with Marvel turn out to involve him playing Dr. Strange. :P

onthewall2983
07-20-2013, 10:28 PM
I have to begin this by saying I'm not a comic book guy, but looking at this from a filmic perspective. I think this is a bad idea. WB's desire to compete with Marvel and get any semblance of Justice League going seems to have trumped their desire to make this new franchise stand out on it's own like Nolan's.

Mr. Blaileen
07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Total nerd boner.

spiralout
07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
As cool as this movie may be. I think they should have made at least one more Superman movie. Especially with the way Man of Steel ended, which was the beginning of the Clark Kent most people know.

october_midnight
09-13-2013, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsv28UFbOG4

october_midnight
11-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Possible leaked Batman vs. Superman production art.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4607.jpg

october_midnight
11-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Also, Adam Driver is the frontrunner to play Nightwing. (http://www.thewrap.com/batman-vs-superman-eyes-girls-star-adam-driver-possible-sidekick-role-exclusive/)

Space Suicide
11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel

october_midnight
11-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Daniel Alter, a producer at WB, recently tweeted something that's either a potential spoiler, or perhaps something he'd like to see...but he never explained (and also didn't hastily remove it should the powers that be give his head a slap). Not MUCH of a spoiler, but...

"Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave."

october_midnight
12-04-2013, 11:49 AM
Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in 'Batman vs Superman'. (http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2013/12/04/gal-gadot-cast-as-wonder-woman-in-batman-vs-superman)

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/ln/20130507/080513_fast_and_furious_premiere_14/gal-gadot-fast-furious-6_3651111.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
12-04-2013, 11:50 AM
With the inclusion of wonder woman,

PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!

screwdriver
12-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel

when I was a kid I was all Marvel, and I think that makes sense, because the Marvel struggle is a very adolescent struggle and that's what makes most of them fucking genius to be honest

the DC guys are all "gods," and I think their conflict is infinitely more inspiring now that I'm older -- when done right. Which is to say, I don't really read much anymore, though I thought Final Crisis was fucking genius (now I'm the one who will get shit on)

Deadpool
12-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Wonder Woman's big-screen debut. About time! I haven't heard of Gal Gadot before today, but she seems to have the perfect look at least. My immediate prediction is Lois will crush on Bruce Wayne and Clark will crush on Wonder Woman. Cool.

DC may be playing catch-up when it comes to the big budget, live action movies, but they've been consistently making great animated features for years now. The only Marvel animated feature I would put in the same league as the DC ones is Hulk Vs. Meanwhile, DC have pumped out gems like Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, and Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns among so many others.

Animation may be a lot less glamourous, but Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (http://www.amazon.com/Justice-League-Flashpoint-Paradox-Blu-ray/dp/B00CENWUYK) is brilliant and just as entertaining as any of the recent Marvel live-actioners, if not more so - it sure as hell has more balls (everyone dies... violently). Jay Oliva, director of Flashpoint (and storyboard artist on Man of Steel), really sets the bar for how to make The Flash a potentially amazing big-screen character.

With the inclusion of wonder woman,PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!

That would be awesome. Even if he's not the villain for Batman Vs. Superman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ILNSlQhXQ), I don't think it's far-fetched to assume they could be building up to him. Tonally, it's easy to imagine Darkseid wreaking havoc after the terraforming destruction of Man of Steel.

screwdriver
12-04-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm so uninterested in Darkseid as alien conqueror though... you look back at those original Kirby stories, even the name, and he's so much more than that....

thelastdisciple
12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
I love Gal Gadot, ever since i saw her in the Fast movies.

Although not much to judge acting wise, she's relatively unknown so we'll see how she does.

Judging her based on weight/muscle mass at this point is basically dumb, you can bet she'll have a trainer and be put through quite a program it's not like she's going straight into the film from a photoshoot as much as her model cred and Miss Israel past would lead you to believe.

I think she looks awesome for the role.

october_midnight
03-21-2014, 11:59 AM
Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here (http://batman-news.com/2014/03/21/first-look-selina-kyle-wayne-family-new-gotham-set-photos/) are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.

screwdriver
03-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here (http://batman-news.com/2014/03/21/first-look-selina-kyle-wayne-family-new-gotham-set-photos/) are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.

you know, I'm a DC fanboy at heart, but I feel like every, single, thing that DC is doing with its properties these days is doing its best to dissuade me of that. that said, I'm not really a huge fan of Marvel's output either, so maybe I've just grown out of comic book properties. but still -- I re-read the Kirby stuff, the Ditko stuff, the Morrison stuff, and I feel like superheroes are still the coolest fucking thing there is

Broadbent
03-21-2014, 05:27 PM
How does the Gotham show work? It's on FOX but all the characters are owned by WB? Will Gotham tie into the Green Arrow and Flash TV shows on the CW? and will they all take place in the same universe as Man of Steel?? This is all a little confusing.

october_midnight
05-06-2014, 12:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

nvr_mind
05-07-2014, 04:52 PM
"A Batman show without Batman. That's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off." haha

I'm a little worried but I really want this to be good.

theburningreptile
05-07-2014, 05:19 PM
I want to see a live-action Doomsday, that is all. Well i want these films and TV shows to be good too. But Doomsday is probably my favorite villain from the DC universe besides Bane and The Joker. But I'm guessing they'll build him up. Like Marvel is doing with Thanos. Oh well, I love both Marvel and DC. I need to read the cross over stories btw, Are they good.?

Hazekiah
05-07-2014, 06:32 PM
That was a GREAT fucking trailer.

I started off not really giving a shit but I AM IN.

Let's DO this.

thelastdisciple
05-07-2014, 07:07 PM
I want to see a live-action Doomsday, that is all. Well i want these films and TV shows to be good too. But Doomsday is probably my favorite villain from the DC universe besides Bane and The Joker. But I'm guessing they'll build him up. Like Marvel is doing with Thanos. Oh well, I love both Marvel and DC. I need to read the cross over stories btw, Are they good.?
There was a live-action Doomsday for the Smallville tv series if you weren't aware, although i assume you mean more of a big budget theatrical portrayal in the movies.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80111/3622775-doomsday+3.jpg

theburningreptile
05-07-2014, 07:29 PM
There was a live-action Doomsday for the Smallville tv series if you weren't aware, although i assume you mean more of a big budget theatrical portrayal in the movies.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80111/3622775-doomsday+3.jpg

Yeah, that's what i meant, sorry i didn't clarify. :P But seeing a big budget backed behind him would be great if done right.

Tony Gordon
05-07-2014, 07:45 PM
D.C. is losing hard to Marvel right now with the films. They are getting their ass kicked bad year in and year out. Even with the disappointments of the recent Amazing Spiderman films, it's still better than what Man of Steel had to offer.

The Nolan Batman trilogy will go down in history as the best of the decade, and possibly the best comic book movies ever mostly due to the greatness of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. You can hate on Dark Knight Rises I guess but you can't complain about The Dark Knight, it really is a brilliant film.

I hated Man of Steel. Zack Synder has no idea what he's doing with the whole Michael Bay type crap action, explosions, camera zoom in crap, and the whole Jesus complex around Superman. I hated Man of Steel mostly cause the writing was so fucking bad. We don't really learn anything about Clark as a character except that he is the messiah cause we're constantly reminded over and over and over how he's so God like. The only one that had any kind of character was Louis Lane played by Amy Adams (I swear, this chick throws herself in anything that appears as if it will get her an Oscar nomination) and I didn't even like her.

And all the ideas spinning for the Batman/Superman movie sound horrible. People freaked about Ben Affleck being in it, but I'm sure that will be the least of the problem since Zack Synder don't know how to write a plot. I'm totally lost at this point when it comes to interest.

You know what would make a good D.C. movie? One where the main character is a villain. Do a movie about Lex Luthor or Deathstroke. I think this would be awesome, you could even have them lose at the end of the movie or get killed and it would still work out and make a good story. It would be fun to see a conflicting story to the audience in weather they want to root for the villain or not who is the main character, you could even portray them in a positive light sometimes like how mafia themed films always have this factor. It would build up for a good movie I believe.

nvr_mind
05-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I like that last idea a lot! It's a shame that it will probably not ever happen.

I'm also sick of these films portraying a safe or tame story. I want a seriously compelling story that is not afraid to get an R rating or close to it.

october_midnight
05-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Full reveal tomorrow of Affleck's Batmobile...

http://i2.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NewBatmobile.jpg?w=800

littlemonkey613
05-12-2014, 08:53 PM
Apparently we are getting a slew of movies after JL, including Metal Men and still no Wonder Woman. Fuck these clowns.

theburningreptile
05-12-2014, 10:19 PM
Apparently we are getting a slew of movies after JL, including Metal Men and still no Wonder Woman. Fuck these clowns.

No Wonder Woman, STILL? FFS

Conan The Barbarian
05-12-2014, 11:27 PM
I think they are going to wait and see how the audience reacts to her when they finally see her. I think they are scared shitless

littlemonkey613
05-12-2014, 11:59 PM
I think they are going to wait and see how the audience reacts to her when they finally see her. I think they are scared shitless

I think you are right but I still don't really get it??

Like at least Marvel has the excuse (sort of?) of not having a female lead who is on par popularity wise as their main Avengers and what not. I just see no real logical reason to actually be scared that a Wonder Woman film won't do well. She's one of the biggest names in comics of all time....I do get that the movie will be looked at with extra scrutiny due to it being a female led movie, but that is only because there are so few female leads and female characters on screen to being with! It's bullshit to expect one woman to represent all of womanhood on film, and the scarcity makes it so the burden is disproportionately on the backs of these few female characters. Its totally unfair but the only way to stop this trend is to just make the god damn movies. I just think they need to get it done. Easier said than done obviously but COME ON!!! They expect us to believe Wonder Woman is inherently harder to pull off than Batman vs Superman or Justice League - without each character having an intro movie .. :confused:

But yeah hopefully audiences receive her well and it will get green lit. I just hope they don't fuck her up in these movies then use that as an excuse for why the character is innately too difficult to adapt. I could totally see that happening.

october_midnight
05-13-2014, 11:26 AM
http://www.batman-online.com/news/1399997849_ben-affleck-as-batman-first-look-batmobile.jpg

Conan The Barbarian
05-13-2014, 11:47 AM
It looks bad ass

october_midnight
05-13-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm so in. He looks jacked haha...

Deadpool
05-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Yup. Definitely looks like he could take Supes. Liking the batmobile, too!

Here's a little bit of Eisenberg talking about the role of Lex (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/jesse-eisenberg-talks-lex-luthor-role-in-batman-vs-superman?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social).

implanted_microchip
05-13-2014, 12:39 PM
I want to have sex with the cowl on top of the Batmobile; Affleck is optional

Frozen Beach
05-13-2014, 01:12 PM
I brightened it up a bit

http://i61.tinypic.com/k3pz0y.jpg

theburningreptile
05-13-2014, 01:55 PM
Dat batsuit tho. Seriously it looks pretty badass. I have to say.

thevoid99
05-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Suit looks good as does the Batmobile. I can take this. Sure, I may favor Christian Bale as Batman but I will accept this.

screwdriver
05-13-2014, 03:54 PM

could have to do with the fact that, despite loving the iconography of the character and being a decent fan of comics, I cannot think of a single memorable story fact about her. The lasso and backstory are sort of neat bits, but do not a story make.

littlemonkey613
05-13-2014, 04:13 PM
could have to do with the fact that, despite loving the iconography of the character and being a decent fan of comics, I cannot think of a single memorable story fact about her. The lasso and backstory are sort of neat bits, but do not a story make.

Great point. However I will still argue so many decades of content and a good screenwriter can def make a good story out of it. At least one better than the Green Lantern movie ...

Batman looks great.

Fixer808
05-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Looks quite Arkham City:
http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1093689600_1398014058.jpg

Broadbent
05-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Has a real Frank Miller feel to it
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/051/7/3/73477c66e1e0df08fc9899f631af60f7-d77a1ng.jpg

Frozen Beach
05-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Here's the pic in color
http://i62.tinypic.com/2cp6d0o.png

thelastdisciple
05-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Not a fan of the bat insignia on the suit but whatevs just a small aesthetic gripe, there's plenty of other more important things that need to hold up in order for this to actually turn out.

theburningreptile
05-14-2014, 04:44 AM
Just wanted to say this about Batman vs Superman. I think with the images and trailers, everything will be fine. They'll start winning people back and in the end it will probably be an amazing film. That's the optimistic side saying that. The other side says if this is bad it'll be like Batman vs Robin on steroids. Anyway, I think this will be either fucking awesome. Like your inner child gets all euphoric or it'll be a fucking disaster. I'm hoping for the first one. I don't even care about Marvel vs DC right now. I just want a great movie. If it happens to be Marvel or DC so be it.

ibanez33
05-14-2014, 11:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hJ70FHp.jpg

blackholesun
05-14-2014, 12:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BniQHTSIIAAI3wz.jpg

thelastdisciple
05-14-2014, 01:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hJ70FHp.jpg
Hahaha YES!

Seriously though talk about an obnoxious bat insignia.... jesus.

october_midnight
05-14-2014, 02:24 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--th3LWvEz--/ixasljvpsvvo1qgzg3qh.gif

ibanez33
05-14-2014, 02:55 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--th3LWvEz--/ixasljvpsvvo1qgzg3qh.gif

This is the first I've seen but I hope Sad Batman gifs become a thing.

october_midnight
05-14-2014, 03:00 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--uRuI5Z-h--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/w9dgyb4x7lofn8xm3pht.jpg

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--y4MuVY6D--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/d1mlpquw0p4nyox4inlj.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BniXC3yCEAA9mbb.jpg

Fixer808
05-14-2014, 11:02 PM
Ask and you shall receive...

implanted_microchip
05-14-2014, 11:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nJHNbK3.jpg

october_midnight
05-20-2014, 10:53 AM
Leaked pic of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4929.jpg

Also, Affleck arrived in Detroit but no point in posting the pics because it's just...Ben Affleck walking to a car.

implanted_microchip
05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
But I'll bet Affleck walked to the car like a total badass

october_midnight
05-20-2014, 12:15 PM
But I'll bet Affleck walked to the car like a total badass

Sorta..... (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4931.jpg)

implanted_microchip
05-20-2014, 12:21 PM
10/10 would click again

Mr. Blaileen
05-20-2014, 12:49 PM
Seconded. ^

october_midnight
05-21-2014, 11:55 AM
New Batman vs Superman set photo released that made me shit myself.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp4935.jpg

october_midnight
05-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Also, official title has been announced:

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Space Suicide
05-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Hopes for this movie will be high but it has huge potential to be a massive piece of shit. Hoping to the former.

implanted_microchip
05-21-2014, 02:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y7RP1g0.jpg

First official promo poster.

theburningreptile
05-21-2014, 02:24 PM
That logo is pretty sexy. I like the title too.

implanted_microchip
05-21-2014, 02:28 PM
I like the look of it quite a bit and think the title is fine; a lot of people have complained about it, but honestly, it's just a simple fact that having Batman and Superman in the title are more likely to get people excited than calling it something like World's Finest or what have you. It just makes sense marketing-wise and I don't mind.

Fixer808
05-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Don't you DARE try to do a new Joker!!

Deadpool
05-21-2014, 04:07 PM
Nice to finally have an official title! Where'd you get that set photo from, october_midnight?

I guess the subtitle is a little excessive, but I actually like it in regards to Batman & Superman's first meeting being what sparks the Justice League. It suggests how their relationship is the foundation for the entire team. Bats & Supes represent the extremes that provide the core balance of the JL. The only thing that maybe bothers me about the title is that Batman gets billing over Superman, but then again it's appropriate since it lets you know right off the bat (no pun intended) that Batman will be a major part of this sequel.

Only 2 short years til we get to see how it turns out! :)

screwdriver
05-21-2014, 04:11 PM

its not a set photo

october_midnight
05-21-2014, 04:18 PM
YOU'RE not a set photo.

wight rabbit
05-21-2014, 10:24 PM
The only thing that maybe bothers me about the title is that Batman gets billing over Superman, but then again it's appropriate since it lets you know right off the bat (no pun intended) that Batman will be a major part of this sequel.

I don't think it's necessarily a billing thing. You could look at it two ways: alphabetically, or how it sounds to your ear. "Superman v Batman" just doesn't flow as well as "Batman v Superman."

october_midnight
05-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Not to mention, I can almost guarantee you they had about 15 people in a room for a meeting for no less than 2 hours going over both options and which name to put first.

gorast
05-22-2014, 12:36 AM
I still kind of hope that ends up not being the primary title. Dawn of Justice is great, but billing it as Batman v Superman implies that's going to be the entire movie, when I feel like instead it's going to be like how, in The Avengers, they fought for a little bit before agreeing to not be assholes to each other for the rest of the movie.

Mr. Blaileen
05-22-2014, 10:54 AM
I like the new look and title. Apparently people on twitter are having a shitfit about it, but as the kids say, haters gon' hate. Some of the criticisms are like "LOL dawn of JUSTICE...what is it gonna be, a LAW MOVIE? LOL" that kind of shit.

I think it's a fitting title for a movie that lays further groundwork for the Justice League. Honestly, after the initial shock of the casting choices, my optimism for this movie increases with every picture/title/news update released.

october_midnight
10-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Take this for what it's worth, but insider Ben Fritz is apparently leaking DC's movie plans online:

- First DC movie after Batman v Superman will be Suicide Squad.
- Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017.
- Second 2017 movie: Justice League.
- 2018 DC movies: The Flash starring Ezra Miller, and Aquaman starring Jason Momoa.
- 2019 DC movies: Shazam (with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam) and Justice League sequel.
- Other DC movies in the works: Cyborg, a Green Lantern reboot, and new standalone Superman and Batman movies.

edit: Apparently not as much a 'leak' as a report from a shareholder call, more people reporting it as true.

october_midnight
10-15-2014, 11:34 AM
BURBANK, CA, October 15, 2014 – Today at a Time Warner investors meeting, Warner Bros.’ Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara outlined an aggressive content strategy for the Studio aimed at increasing profits while “doubling down on outstanding content, working with the best talent and maintaining the culture that makes Warner Bros. so great.”
“The demand for high quality video content is growing fast – in the United States and around the world – as new technologies have created new platforms and millions of new connected consumers,” said Tsujihara. “The opportunity is huge. And no studio is better positioned to take advantage of it than Warner Bros.”
As part of his presentation, Tsujihara announced a bold expansion of the industry’s broadest theatrical slate, built around the largest, most important global franchises. Warner Bros. Pictures will release three LEGO-branded films over the next four years, building upon the enormous success of this year’s “The LEGO Movie” ($468 million worldwide box office), starting with “Ninjago” in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Batman will take a star turn in “The LEGO Batman Movie” in 2017, directed by Chris McKay, and the sequel, “The LEGO Movie 2,” will debut in 2018.
The Studio will release three pictures, in 2016, 2018 and 2020, based on best-selling author J.K. Rowling’s original story and screenwriting debut, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” Set in an extension of her familiar wizarding world, featuring magical creatures and characters inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook and its fictitious author, Newt Scamander, “Fantastic Beasts” will be directed by David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter movies, and reunite the filmmaking team of David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.
And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
“Shazam” (2019)
“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
“Green Lantern” (2020)

On the television front, Warner Bros. Television Group is the undisputed industry leader, providing 32 shows to the five broadcast networks and an overall roster of more than 60 shows among network, cable, first-run syndication and animation. WBTVG will grow its leadership across multiple fronts, including cable, premium platform and kids programming as well as further its precedent-setting activities in SVOD and international television production and format sales.
Among the Studio’s programs are network TV’s #1 entertainment series in “The Big Bang Theory” and #1 unscripted series in “The Voice,” as well as favorites such as “Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Gotham,” “The Middle,” “Mom,” “Pretty Little Liars,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Bachelor” franchise, “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and many more.
For Turner, Warner Horizon Television’s “Rizzoli & Isles” and Warner Bros. Television’s “Major Crimes” are two of the top three scripted series on all of basic cable for 2014, and the #1 and #2 shows, respectively, on TNT. The Studio has a number of future projects set up at TNT, including a pilot production order for an untitled drama set in the unpredictable world of the Florida cocaine trade in the 1970s, from Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay and Michelle Ashford, and is in development on “Titans,” from Academy Award-winner Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes, based upon the DC Comics characters.
At HBO, WBTV’s first series for the premium television company, the critically acclaimed “The Leftovers,” debuted this summer and has already been picked up for a second season. WBTV has also produced the pilot “Westworld,” from executive producers J.J. Abrams, Jonathan Nolan, Jerry Weintraub and Lisa Joy, and starring Sir Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and Evan Rachel Wood, and has a number of other projects in development at the company.
Warner Bros. Animation is producing new series based on the Studio’s iconic brands, such as the upcoming “Be Cool Scooby-Doo!” and “The Tom and Jerry Show.” WBA’s “Teen Titans Go!” ranks as the #1 show in its timeslot against all kids’ networks.
For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution has licensed the exclusive subscription-video-on-demand (SVOD) rights to one of television’s most successful series ever, WBTV’s “Friends,” to Netflix in the U.S. and Canada. Starting January 1, 2015, Netflix members will have access to the entire 236 episode run of the series, which is still an enormous linear hit on cable (Nick at Nite and TBS) and in broadcast syndication.
Worldwide Television Distribution has also sold the off-network SVOD rights to the hit Warner Bros. Television series “Person of Interest” to Netflix in the United States. The first three seasons of the series, which currently airs on CBS, will be made available to subscribers in fall 2015, at the same time the series premieres off-network on WGN America.
These two deals are just the latest examples of how the Studio’s hit series continue to serve as annuities for decades beyond their initial broadcast. Further increasing the value of Warner Bros.’ library, since 1999, WBTVG has developed and produced 20 series that have reached the 100-episode milestone or will do so during the 2014–15 season.
“At Warner Bros., we are united to not only continue to create the world’s greatest entertainment content, but to over-deliver on our financial targets,” said Tsujihara. “I’ve been with the company for over 20 years and I can’t remember a time when I’ve felt more confident about our future. We’re committed to maintaining and enhancing the great legacy of Warner Bros., the world’s most iconic and profitable studio.”

Deadpool
10-15-2014, 02:44 PM
I finally saw "End of Watch" this week, and I really enjoyed it (even if some things about it bothered me), and every time I've seen the "Fury" trailer, I've been a little more curious - WHICH IS TO SAY I'm definitely intrigued by David Ayer directing "Suicide Squad." There's no way it'll be R-rated, but I get the feeling he'll bring some ballsyness to it.

It's also really nice to have confirmation of solo "Wonder Woman" and "Cyborg" movies. Was "Blade: Trinity" the last time we had a black superhero movie? Will this light a fire under Marvel's bum to develop a "Black Panther" or "Black Widow" flick?

I had no idea Ezra Miller was in the running for The Flash (did anyone?) but I thought he was phenomenal in The Perks of Being a Wallflower (and fittingly bratty in We Need To Talk About Kevin), so I think he'll do great. He's an interesting choice, and I mean that in the best way possible. I love the idea of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.

The phrasing of "Justice League Part One/Two" worries me in that it kind of sounds like it might be a cliffhanger, but I'm hoping it's just their way of avoiding the blandness of using the titles "Justice League" and "Justice League 2."

Deadpool
12-02-2014, 05:30 PM
Wow. I am so down with this cast. I feel GREAT about this movie right now.

Suicide Squad cast revealed:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/suicide-squad-cast-revealed-jared-leto-to-play-the-joker-will-smith-is-deadshot-1201368867/

orestes
12-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Cara Delevingne?!!

october_midnight
12-02-2014, 05:47 PM
It's obviously a completely unrelated storyline, but would love Leto to rock some kind of prosthetic for the skinless-faced version from the New 52 storyline.

screwdriver
12-02-2014, 06:08 PM
this cast is so absolutely bonkers that I'm actually interested

Space Suicide
12-02-2014, 07:22 PM
I seriously want to meet who casts these DC character film roles, I really do. Eugh.

implanted_microchip
12-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Will Smith as Deadshot is so crazy and out there that I can't help but be interested just to see how that works.

Mr. Blaileen
12-02-2014, 09:41 PM
If the movies are as great as the cast, we're in for a treat.

screwdriver
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
If the movies are as great as the cast, we're in for a treat.

on the basis of Man of Steel, that's not the case. but, Snyder movies are fucking beautiful to watch once, so I can live with that being the DC model

marodi
12-03-2014, 12:53 PM
You had me at Leto as The Joker. It's a definitive must see. I can't wait to see what he will do with the character.

orestes
02-20-2015, 06:28 AM
From Zach Synder's twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-RAWTjCcAAF81b.jpg

Mr. Blaileen
02-22-2015, 04:29 PM
..Badass..

october_midnight
03-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Jared Leto arrived in Toronto over the weekend as production ramps up on 'Suicide Squad'. Today, director David Ayer posted this picture...looks like Leto's hair is about to get cut for The Joker...

@davidayermovies Should we?... #SuicideSquad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_Gh__vUsAQxRtB.jpg

october_midnight
03-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Well, that was fast.

@davidayermovies #SuicideSquad

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_HXgNJXAAECT_4.jpg

october_midnight
03-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Leto's hair is dyed platinum blonde (probably for the green dye that the movie's hair stylist instagrammed yesterday).

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/03/joker-leto-126212.jpg

october_midnight
03-22-2015, 12:40 AM
At 30 Seconds To Mars' show last week, apparently Jared Leto mentioned his upcoming role for The Joker and was hinting at what he's going to sound like...I dig.

A little sample. (https://vine.co/v/O9UYFIQ0nYt)

Jon
03-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Color me excited!

Jared Leto in the blazer looks like Draco Malfoy...

october_midnight
03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
What's up, Lex.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Mkyp9DMnJ6Z9Q8dogBsMfZg2JNE=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3539252/lex-luthor.0.jpg

Deadpool
03-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Some interesting (and of course cryptic) words from Snyder RE: Lex. (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/25/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-batman-v-superman-dawn-justice?hootPostID=836c3e14ad84e577e2b52b38dba9466 f)

october_midnight
04-09-2015, 10:02 AM
First cast photo of the Suicide Squad (no Jared Leto). Hope this is ok to post in here. I know technically the Suicide Squad is known as Task Force X, who appeared in the Brave and The Bold series, and that title was only partially owned by DC due to some legal issues with the artists who *pushes glasses up bridge of nose* didn't want to be affiliated with the DC Universe at the time of printing.

HOPE IT'S THE RIGHT THREAD.

http://cdn2-www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2015/04/SS-Big.jpg

Hazekiah
04-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Personally, I'm pretty excited that Nu-RoboCop, Nu-Joker, and yes...even Nu-Deadpool are all in the same film with so much other awesomeness.

Should be killer!!!

And yes.

CORRECT THREAD.

For a change.

october_midnight
04-09-2015, 11:14 AM
Personally, I hope it's as ballin' as that new Transformers masterpiece.

Hazekiah
04-09-2015, 11:33 AM
OMFG, I'm SO glad you mentioned it!!!

THIS IS GONNA BE SO FUCKING AWESOME. ("http://screenrant.com/transformers-5-6-spinoffs-cinematic-universe/)

XD

october_midnight
04-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Forgot to post this too, I'm honestly curious to see if they'll have Leto wear makeup at all...dude's pale enough already.

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/36/590x/Jared-leto-569323.jpg

wight rabbit
04-09-2015, 11:53 AM
I'm VERY curious about Ike Barinholtz playing Hugo Strange. I've never seen him do anything that showcased any specific acting chops, so I'm optimistic that he brought something amazing to the table and we're all about to see Ike do some sort of 180º with his career.

october_midnight
04-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Seriously. All I know of the guy is when I see him pop on screen while my wife's watching The Mindy Project lol.

wight rabbit
04-09-2015, 11:56 AM
All I can imagine is his Dane Cook impression. >_<

october_midnight
04-10-2015, 08:37 AM
The Killing Joke anyone?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCMf5alUAAAB4l_.jpg

Deadpool
04-13-2015, 05:47 PM
1st day of shooting on "Suicide Squad"!!! (https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/587710878100893696)

On a personal note, my friend is in the stunt department on this and I'm praying she makes me her +1 to the wrap party :o

october_midnight
04-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Cannot wait to see the first pics of the cast in costume.

Jon
04-13-2015, 09:35 PM
So obviously it's early, but how do you all feel about James Wan helming 'Aquaman'?

Deadpool
04-14-2015, 12:56 AM
I like James Wan's work! I hear he did a great job with Furious 7 and I wanna check that movie out before it leaves theaters. It's the first real action movie he's done, right? I'm very curious about that. He seems like a good choice.

october_midnight
04-16-2015, 03:43 PM
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-gq-eye/jared-green.jpg

wight rabbit
04-16-2015, 04:01 PM
This will probably get taken down fast, but... http://batman-news.com/2015/04/16/batman-v-superman-trailer-leaks-tell-me-do-you-bleed-you-will/

bobbie solo
04-16-2015, 09:18 PM
try this but hurry!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS63eFKSqkY

this still isn't doing it for me. I still think this movie is gonna totally honk. hope i'm wrong though. Maybe I'm just not into seeing this dark, in-fighting storyline before they've even established anyone as a character in this universe. I hope Frank Miller is getting a huge cut of this shit too. jesus, it's all his stuff.

thevoid99
04-16-2015, 09:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWcimiuIGxM

Ruined
04-16-2015, 10:26 PM
Thanks for posting that link. For obvious reasons, it was being pulled down left and right.

thevoid99
04-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I tried to help. I just hope enough sees it although.... I felt very underwhelmed by it.

RJK
04-17-2015, 07:15 AM
https://vid.me/NlzG

orestes
04-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Big fat meh.

Now that I've rewatched this on a bigger screen than my phone, is this even legit? Looks more like a fan-made trailer.

Conan The Barbarian
04-17-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm pumped. I'm not a hater like the rest of the internet.

Deadpool
04-17-2015, 10:45 AM
I haven't watched because I'm a lame-o who uses words like lame-o and because I want to see it for the first time on the big-ass screen. Are all the leaks handi-cam? If so, eff that

october_midnight
04-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Watch out when you're showing a crew member something on your phone, Jared.

http://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/135835PCNEX_Leto62WM.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info

Conan The Barbarian
04-20-2015, 12:22 PM
That better be test pictures.

imail724
04-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Looks like they're keeping in theme of Frank Miller style with the white suit.

Deadpool
04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Whoaaaaaa! Bold! Happy anniversary indeed. (https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/591761248859123713)

http://s27.postimg.org/y9sbijd4j/CDZbu_Ei_UUAAt_GQb.jpg

Frozen Beach
04-24-2015, 07:59 PM
yuck, those tattoos are awful

orestes
04-24-2015, 08:04 PM
That "Damaged" tattoo is a little on the nose.

imail724
04-24-2015, 08:27 PM
He looks like a hot topic employee

Archive_Reports
04-24-2015, 09:10 PM
That took me down to very little interest in seeing it.

Deadpool
04-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Man, Leto undeniably has the face for The Joker – good thing he can act, too!
I'm starting to think maybe he will get his face cut off in Suicide Squad...

orestes
04-24-2015, 09:12 PM
Heh.

https://twitter.com/Patorama/status/591767726042980352

Mr. Blaileen
04-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Well, Leto's look is definitely way different than I expected. I like it though; it's refreshing. I also have confidence in Leto to pull off such a radical look. Hopefully we'll get a little bit of an origin story.

october_midnight
04-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Yeah I mean, of course I have faith in how the role is played, but the HAHAHA tattoos are a bit...on the nose.

Mr. Blaileen
04-24-2015, 09:20 PM
The tattoos are a bit much, but they don't bother me too much. Those teeth are pretty funky, though..

wight rabbit
04-24-2015, 09:31 PM
I get the feeling this is partially a joke. Like, "Yes, this is the direction we are going, but do you honestly think we would go this over the top?" I wouldn't be surprised if the look is way different than this when trailers start coming out. I'm optimistic about the whole thing regardless.

Millionaire
04-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Those tattoos make him look like some guy who wants to be the Joker and not actually the Joker.

Jon
04-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Shitty prison tattoos are shitty. I woulda thought Arkham Asylum had a better talent pool.

orestes
04-24-2015, 09:52 PM
First look at Mr. Freeze's cameo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDZxsAPUUAAStU5.jpg

Space Suicide
04-24-2015, 10:14 PM
Not impressed.

Jon
04-24-2015, 10:40 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/y9sbijd4j/CDZbu_Ei_UUAAt_GQb.jpg

http://static.spin.com/files/styles/style620_413/public/130304-riff-raff.jpg

http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/59900-guy-fieri-threw-a-fit-after-being-rejected-from-vip-super-bowl-party/1360083893_guy-fieri-article.jpg

I'm sorry...

Wretchedest
04-24-2015, 10:59 PM
"Hey guys lets piss off the internet" *releases joker photo*

At least hes playong opposite ben afflek

thelastdisciple
04-24-2015, 11:30 PM
I get the feeling this is partially a joke. Like, "Yes, this is the direction we are going, but do you honestly think we would go this over the top?" I wouldn't be surprised if the look is way different than this when trailers start coming out. I'm optimistic about the whole thing regardless.
That would actually be such a brilliant way to troll everyone.

Joke's on us.

Deadpool
04-24-2015, 11:51 PM
Guy Fieri! Guy Fieri! More Guy! /drunk post

tony.parente
04-25-2015, 12:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gpsKZZ8.jpg
I'm super excited for myspace joker!

Frozen Beach
04-25-2015, 06:39 AM
I don't mind the teeth at least. Makes it look like he's had his teeth knocked out a few times.

Shitty prison tattoos are shitty.
The thing is, if those were shitty prison tattoos, they'd actually be fitting. They're not though.

Dr Channard
04-25-2015, 07:32 AM
What the hell is up with the new Joker design?

http://i59.tinypic.com/bg5kps.jpg

It looks like the new Joker designers are fans of Stitches (the rapper).

http://i58.tinypic.com/20ib3no.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qi9403.jpg

If the Joker raps about bricks in this film… I swear to god…

Jon
04-25-2015, 08:24 AM

You can check out The Joker's new single on his MySpace linked on the last page. You can also hit him up on AIM or ICQ.

-----------------------------

Knowing how they color grade movies these days, the previous assertion that this may not be all that noticeable is probably correct. Some of the photos we saw of Supes he was nice and colorful but then "bland" in the BvS teaser.

marodi
04-25-2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah I mean, of course I have faith in how the role is played, but the HAHAHA tattoos are a bit...on the nose.

I really like the HAHAHA tattoos. When I saw them, they made me think about when Deapool is breaking the 4th wall in comics; to me, it's like he's walking with a comic book dialogue bubble on himself.

Maybe that's not at all the goal they were aiming for though.

october_midnight
04-25-2015, 04:28 PM
I know he'll probably be rocking the white suit, but here's a fan manip that, if released as the official first pic, would've made me feel a billion times better about it.

https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/l/t1.0-9/11174860_462788867229995_1606730622468239129_n.jpg ?oh=5c149a3a595446925682b3c05c323b5a&oe=55DE385C

Wretchedest
04-25-2015, 05:53 PM
He still has a grill. And a tattoo on his forehead. Its deep with its many varieties of awful.

orestes
04-25-2015, 06:58 PM
Whoa.(10 characters) (http://logmantm.tumblr.com/post/117356991406/they-could-have-just-asked-me-joker)

tony.parente
04-26-2015, 12:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPJ8b7zwa98

Conan The Barbarian
04-26-2015, 01:39 AM
What the hell is up with the new Joker design?

http://i59.tinypic.com/bg5kps.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/20ib3no.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qi9403.jpg

My sisters boyfriend hangs out with that guy, he is a total loser.

Anyhow, this movie is getting worse and worse. Isn't here any plot details?

littlemonkey613
04-26-2015, 04:21 AM
Those tattoos are sooooooo stupid and corny I really dont understand. Now Im imagining him sitting down and asking for them and its so silly. Would have been better if he drew them himself and they were really shitty doodles or something. ugh

dlb
04-26-2015, 04:31 AM
Well...that did play out shitty big time.

I liked all the secrecy about it with Leto on instagram, slowly transforming etc but this picture completely threw me off. This is even more so not the Joker that I came to love than Ledger was. Only hope right now is that Leto puts in a top villainesque performance like Ledger did and I can live with it.

The hahaha tattoos are kind of neat, yet I don't think the Joker should have any kind of tattoos. And definitely no grill. He looks like a gangster and not the clown prince of crime. and not even remotely intelligent. Hopefully the suit will change this. And didn't it say that Leto put one some pounds for this role? Hmmm...

Either way I'm not sure where this movie is going in the first place. While Batman is very established in Europe as a comic icon I doubt alot of people overseas will checkout the Suicide Squad.

Now here is hoping that they will change the design a bit, but I don't think they will. Makes me awry of how the other characters willl look. Deadshot and Killer Croc are crucial for me.

Jon
04-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Now here is hoping that they will change the design a bit, but I don't think they will. Makes me awry of how the other characters willl look. Deadshot and Killer Croc are crucial for me.

Whatever they do with Killer Croc, please don't have it be "black man with a skin condition". I know that version was never "canon", but I honestly don't have much faith left in character designs.

dlb
04-26-2015, 08:38 AM
and King Shark... there is a casting rumour but I doubt his portayal will satisfy anyone since that is a character you probably will never get right unless you CGI it completely.

wight rabbit
04-26-2015, 02:54 PM
and King Shark... there is a casting rumour but I doubt his portayal will satisfy anyone since that is a character you probably will never get right unless you CGI it completely.

They might be able to make it work if they use the version depicted in "Assault on Arkham."

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/arkhamcity/images/7/7a/TF8.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140819004032

dlb
04-27-2015, 06:32 AM
yeah, I've seen that one, but of course it's not nearly as cool as a hammerhead-shark man. :D

october_midnight
04-27-2015, 12:49 PM
An interesting tidbit...apparently the picture of Leto as The Joker was 'simply a publicity shot to celebrate the character's 75th anniversary.'

Then, industry insider Gabriel Gray tweeted this:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_278,w_640/t_mp_quality/cqkn4rdgptcmqavvdccg/calm-down-the-joker-will-not-have-tattoos-in-suicide-squad-gabriel-gray-via-twitter-376375.jpg

And then, I found this:

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_fill,h_481,w_640/t_mp_quality/ifdlktbymvrw65cpzlha/calm-down-the-joker-will-not-have-tattoos-in-suicide-squad-376379.jpg

Looks like there's not going to be tattoos, etc. We shall see...

wight rabbit
04-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Someone also found this out (if it's true):

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/04/joker-ps-133449.jpg

october_midnight
04-27-2015, 03:50 PM
That's some serious dedication to uncovering the truth haha.

Jon
04-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Someone also found this out (if it's true):

Those ELA tests are pretty subjective, but all it really proves is that it was in an Adobe product at some point; notice the rainbowing and increased contrast-edges? That's not automatic implication of "wrong-doing".

FotoForensics (http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php)

There's also no telling what "generation" that photo is by how it's presented.

wight rabbit
04-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Those ELA tests are pretty subjective, but all it really proves is that it was in an Adobe product at some point; notice the rainbowing and increased contrast-edges? That's not automatic implication of "wrong-doing".

FotoForensics (http://fotoforensics.com/tutorial-ela.php)

There's also no telling what "generation" that photo is by how it's presented.

So... Anyone want to do that with the highest quality version of that photo available? :P

Jon
04-27-2015, 10:51 PM
So... Anyone want to do that with the highest quality version of that photo available? :P

That's probably it (for now), unfortunately. The ELA levels in that picture are rather low, showing that the picture has been resaved and/or resized multiple times. To me, it honestly looks like they are "real" airbrushed tattoos, the image was touched up in Photoshop, and then saved as JPEG in Photoshop giving it that rainbowing/contrasty look when using the checker.

This feels like debunking cryptozoology pictures or something :p

EDIT: To be clear, I'm holding out hope that the picture really was just a "tribute".

october_midnight
04-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Ben Affleck spotted in character on set of Suicide Squad. Rumor has it that Leto's Joker will be making a very brief appearance in Sexy Batman and Chums as well. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/28/ben-affleck-reportedly-seen-on-suicide-squad-set?+main+twitter)

wight rabbit
04-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Ben Affleck spotted in character on set of Suicide Squad. Rumor has it that Leto's Joker will be making a very brief appearance in Sexy Batman and Chums as well. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/28/ben-affleck-reportedly-seen-on-suicide-squad-set?+main+twitter)

Speaking of Leto...

http://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/11203483_810480365707402_295755572_n.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info

october_midnight
04-29-2015, 09:02 AM
Sweet zombie jesus.

october_midnight
05-01-2015, 11:33 AM
They tried to hide the fact that Affleck's Batman will be in Suicide Squad, but to no avail. Pics from on set while they were transporting him from one studio to another:

http://www.etalk.ca/get-bm-attachment/635660773695672841/d81e452e-2d13-487d-921e-4882c52f9bac/0/0/624_affleck_toronto001.jpg

And the cowl ears kinda stick out:

http://www.etalk.ca/getmedia/a0ce366d-479a-4315-b599-1a09df87a23c/624_affleck_covered001

Not to mention the boots:

http://www.etalk.ca/getmedia/ddaa4983-c7d6-4d7b-860b-9acdb1d21005/624_affleck_covered002

Speaking of Suicide Squad...apparently Deadshot is going to be a circa 1970's pimp...

http://www.etalk.ca/getmedia/87b0ffff-14e9-4f55-b14e-48a30bc0da41/624_smith_toronto001

october_midnight
05-03-2015, 06:42 PM
http://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Suicide-Squad-Cast-Photo.jpg?zoom=1.5&w=800&quality=85&strip=info

orestes
05-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Did they recast Lisa Bonet as Enchantress?

RJK
05-03-2015, 08:53 PM
Masked Deadshot.

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/595025398456430593

Mr. Blaileen
05-03-2015, 08:59 PM
Masked Deadshot.

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/595025398456430593

I dig it.

Ten characters.

Deadpool
05-03-2015, 10:34 PM
It fascinates me to no end that the A-list star who turned down Django is now in an ensemble supervillain movie, in which his character's mask will render him faceless/anonymous.

Also, I wanna be Joel Kinnaman when I grow up.

dlb
05-04-2015, 01:10 PM
Okay, I'm done with this movie. I absolutely don't like the visual direction this is going and by the looks of Harely, the promo gangster-Joker we got will be the final product. Nope, don't like it. At least Killer Croc seems a bit intruiging and I like Deadshots costume (that mask though...). Jesus, why can't they do this in a fashion more true to the comic appearances or the Arkham Asylum games?

I will wait for the trailer for final judgmeent but this looks like shit so far. Although I have a little faith in Ayer...

Deadpool
05-04-2015, 04:28 PM
God, I love Tom Hardy. This article makes me so happy.

http://batman-news.com/2015/05/04/tom-hardy-praises-the-suicide-squad-script-reveals-the-real-reason-why-he-dropped-out/

Space Suicide
05-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Deadshot outfit and mask all looks great. The rest of this film, along with just about everything they've managed to turn bland to mediocre is upsetting. I don't have much faith in this movie overall and I really do feel a small portion of my fandom for Harley Quinn being shattered bit, seeing the character portrayal and aesthetics being reduced to his. They couldn't even keep true to the cheerleader look of the New 52 or the roller derby outfit from her New 52 series.

Killer Croc looked like a ghetto Solomon Grundy, I literally thought that's who that was.

Then toss on Leto, whom I have no real opinion on in the slightest, and we have more to not hope for. I'll keep an open mind but color me unimpressed. I love DC so much more than Marvel but minus the Nolan Batman trilogy, 80's-90's Batman films and a handful of retro Superman films, DC sucks in the film department. Marvel can't be touched there.

wight rabbit
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM
The only thing I'm concerned about is Deadshot having the laser on the wrong eye; which was pointed out to me in a comments section of a site.

Deadpool
05-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Bruce Timm weighs in on Harley Quinn (http://io9.com/bruce-timm-reacts-to-suicide-squads-live-action-harley-1702168821?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow), and I agree with him. I think she looks cool and I'm optimistic. Like he says: if Margot Robbie & the film makers can keep her funny, I think we'll be OK.

october_midnight
05-14-2015, 09:35 PM
https://scontent-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10245591_1084936624853145_3542733594181895149_n.jp g?oh=1d0e893d428127783f9b36bcf8630938&oe=55CF33F1

october_midnight
05-18-2015, 01:02 AM
Damn, Leto actually looks really fuckin' good in those new on-set photos and videos. The suit and purple Lamborghini...it's kinda cheese but I don't know, seeing his body language and whatnot, he actually looks pretty sinister.

Frozen Beach
05-18-2015, 12:52 PM
http://margotsource.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=326&page=1
Decent photos of Jared Leto's Joker on the set.

marodi
05-18-2015, 01:27 PM
I really believe Leto will pull this off. I know a lot of people are dismissing him as another one of those singers who are trying to be actors but what they either don't know or don't remember is that he was an actor who became a popular singer. He deserved the Oscar he got and he's about the only worthy reason to endure Oliver Stone's Alexander.

He is a good actor.

Space Suicide
05-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Neon green hair? I can't say I care for much for any of the costume choices for this film. They all look so drab, bland and uninspired. Leto's Joker looks like a poor, second rate Comic Con cosplay.

dlb
05-18-2015, 01:40 PM
I have abssolutely no doubt that he will pull it off acting wise but those tattoos and the grills are just not bearable for me. Let's wait until the first trailer.

Frozen Beach
05-18-2015, 03:43 PM
The tattoos are still stupid, but I don't hate the grill because I assume it's actually meant to be caps on his teeth from being punched too many time.

wight rabbit
05-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Wow! The tattoos really are a part of the look. Whatever, I'm still confident in Leto.

orestes
05-18-2015, 05:51 PM
http://margotsource.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=326&page=1
Decent photos of Jared Leto's Joker on the set.

He looks like a yeast infection.

telee.kom
05-19-2015, 03:26 PM
The soundtrack for Batman v. Superman leaked. I had to check the premiere date for this movie, it is 9 months away still. This has to be one of the earliest leaks ever

Dr Channard
05-20-2015, 11:54 AM
He looks like a yeast infection.

Even worse, he looks like a cross between a yeast infection and Gary Busey! I am.... just... in awe.

october_midnight
05-26-2015, 12:04 PM
The Batmobile in action during 'Suicide Squad' filming. (http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/batmobile-chases-joker-through-toronto-in-suicide-squad-shoot-1.2391330)

Instagram vids of The Joker and Harley as well. (http://www.latino-review.com/news/guess-whowhats-shown-up-on-the-suicide-squad-set)

october_midnight
05-28-2015, 03:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2hCJ2oqjUc

wight rabbit
05-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Harley on a Harley. (http://batman-news.com/2015/05/29/margot-robbie-motorcycle-stunt-suicide-squad/)

october_midnight
06-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Better shots of Affleck's stuntman as Batman on Joker's car. (http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp5428.jpg)

implanted_microchip
06-01-2015, 02:39 PM
I am totally in on the look of Leto. I'm a giant Batman fan, have been a comics reader for ages and consider him my favorite character in general and I love this. As far as I'm concerned I'm expecting the closest thing to the real comic book/Animated Series version. He seems flamboyant, crazy, over the top, and yes, totally cheesey, and people complaining about that seem to forget the source material here. Even in The Killing Joke (ESPECIALLY even) he's goofy, weird and theatrical. Leto is a fantastic, amazing actor and I'm hyped for his performance. I love the tattoos/teeth, it's really fresh and different. The car is seriously just like a Hotwheel Joker car I had as a kid.

Batman having an appearance in Suicide Squad is awesome to have confirmed. I'm more excited for all of this than any Marvel film that's been announced. At least this looks fresh and different from anything we've had before.

Liquid_Bastard
06-01-2015, 03:27 PM
I can't really say that I disagree with you as a Batman fan myself. I'm still holding judgment until I actually see and hear the final product. I will say that I am not feeling thrilled about what I'm seeing with this Joker. I think Joker just being Joker is enough and there is no need for the lame "fan art" tattoos or the grill. The car with the lights underneath, while cheesy, I can handle. I'm still not going to bitch too much until I actually see the film. I know rating doesn't always equal quality but do we know what the rating that they are aiming for is?

october_midnight
06-03-2015, 03:58 PM
James Wan confirmed to direct Aquaman.

Conan The Barbarian
06-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Don't know how I feel about that.

Liquid_Bastard
06-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Yeah, the only film he's previously directed that I liked is Saw.

october_midnight
06-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Apparently the next standalone Batman film will be in November 2018, titled 'The Batman', and directed by Affleck himself. (http://www.latino-review.com/news/dc-da7e-two-green-lanterns)

imail724
06-25-2015, 02:50 PM
Apparently the next standalone Batman film will be in November 2018, titled 'The Batman', and directed by Affleck himself. (http://www.latino-review.com/news/dc-da7e-two-green-lanterns)
That would be great news. So far I think Affleck looks fantastic as Batman, but I still don't have much hope for BvS being any good, mostly because I'm not a Zack Snyder fan. But Affleck, on the other hand, is an excellent director and has a pretty solid track record so far, so I would be highly interested in seeing his take on a movie like this.

wight rabbit
06-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Jared Leto gives gifts to his Suicide Squad castmates in character. (http://batman-news.com/2015/06/26/jared-leto-suicide-squad-joker-gifts/)

october_midnight
06-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Jared Leto gives gifts to his Suicide Squad castmates in character. (http://batman-news.com/2015/06/26/jared-leto-suicide-squad-joker-gifts/)

Best line about this is from Gawker who said 'ugh...imagine having to put up with an actor.' lollll

october_midnight
07-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Entire Suicide Squad was at the SDCC panel, other than Jared Leto (of course). Full trailer shown...scouring for a video of it now lol.

Space Suicide
07-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Entire Suicide Squad was at the SDCC panel, other than Jared Leto (of course). Full trailer shown...scouring for a video of it now lol.

No trailer video but have a "description"

http://comicbook.com/2015/07/11/suicide-squad-trailer-comic-con-footage-description/

http://collider.com/suicide-squad-comic-con-panel-recap-trailer/#trailer-description

Unsure if there's 2 but unsure what to believe.

october_midnight
07-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Until something better comes along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56FtFHRZ5ow

Space Suicide
07-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Until something better comes along...

Like this, get it while it's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btg-K65UKcA

october_midnight
07-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Looks like those bad tattoos are for real....

Space Suicide
07-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Looks like those bad tattoos are for real....

And the stupid grill. The voice and laugh are fine by me. It's the idiotic presentation of his look I'm not a fan of.

Mr. Blaileen
07-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Next year is going to be be so fantastic.

RJK
07-11-2015, 04:47 PM
Green Lantern has officially been changed to Green Lantern Corps! That makes me happy.

Suicide Squad trailer looks good. Can't wait to see the official version.

spiralout
07-13-2015, 03:19 PM
aaaand here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

Liquid_Bastard
07-13-2015, 04:06 PM
It looks decent and I want to be excited for this but I'm not 100% sold on this incarnation of Joker yet. I've read someone say that it could actually supposed to be Jason Todd who just lost it. That would make him easier to accept, I guess.

dlb
07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Absolutely not sold on the characters which just look cheap. What I do love though is Harley and the overall feel of the trailer. And of course the small glimpse of Batman and that we will probably see alot of Joker/Quinn backstory.

Space Suicide
07-13-2015, 05:53 PM
I have my doubts but I'm mostly excited/impressed enough. I can't wait to add this to my blu-ray collection.

I STILL do not give one shit for the Joker's design. The grills/caps are off-putting and hide one of his defining traits with the big pearly whites. The tattoos look random as shit and serve absolutely no tangible purpose (right now at face value) other than to look more "edgy" for this new Universe. I have no issues with the portrayal, what I seen and the overall cast choice (though I'm no fan of Leto's).

I cringed at Will Smith but he looks good for it so I'm game.

onthewall2983
07-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Is there any word if it'll go for a PG-13 rating? I'm just not seeing how they could pull it off, if they are trying.

Deadpool
07-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Is there any word if it'll go for a PG-13 rating? I'm just not seeing how they could pull it off, if they are trying.

Hmmm, this hadn't crossed my mind. I'm assuming they're going for PG-13, but I'd say there's a small chance it could be R considering that a.) most of David Ayer's movies have been rated R (maybe all - it's surprisingly hard to confirm between IMDb/Wikipedia), and b.) Deadpool (another superhero/comic book movie on the horizon) is going for one. I guess we'll see...

Anyway, I love the trailer. Viola Davis is a badass, Killer Croc looks terrific, Jai Courtney sounds awesome speaking in his native(?) accent, and Leto is genuinely scary. I'm also loving the feel/grit of the gunplay. Really psyched for this.

thevoid99
07-13-2015, 09:10 PM
The best thing about that trailer. Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn. I want that!

imail724
07-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, this hadn't crossed my mind. I'm assuming they're going for PG-13, but I'd say there's a small chance it could be R considering that a.) most of David Ayer's movies have been rated R (maybe all - it's surprisingly hard to confirm between IMDb/Wikipedia), and b.) Deadpool (another superhero/comic book movie on the horizon) is going for one. I guess we'll see...not to mention Arkham Knight getting an M rating. It could happen.

RJK
07-13-2015, 10:01 PM
not to mention Arkham Knight getting an M rating. It could happen.

A rating in a Video Game doesn't hurt sales though. An R rating actually hurts a movies box office more often than not.

imail724
07-13-2015, 10:02 PM
What's the difference?

RJK
07-13-2015, 10:07 PM
There's no real rules that prevent people under 17 from buying Mature video games. Almost every theater won't let people under 17 into an R rated movie. That's why a lot of movies will will cut whatever they have to in order to get a PG-13 rating.

Frozen Beach
07-13-2015, 10:23 PM
So, am I the only one on the internet who actually like what Killer Croc looks like? So many people complaining that he's not a big, huge monster. I always thought Killer Croc was suppose to be a guy with a skin condition.

Deadpool
07-13-2015, 10:52 PM
So, am I the only one on the internet who actually like what Killer Croc looks like? So many people complaining that he's not a big, huge monster. I always thought Killer Croc was suppose to be a guy with a skin condition.

Nope. I really dig the look, too. They could have gone with something close to Lee Bermejo's version of Killer Croc (which truly is just a big guy w/ a skin condition) since it's modern & easy, but it would have been disappointing for Croc's first on screen appearance. I think Ayer & Co. hit a really nice balance between making the character look believable while still retaining the popular fantastical elements.

wight rabbit
07-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Croc looks a lot more like he did when he was introduced in the comics.

screwdriver
07-14-2015, 09:33 AM
just coming in to express enthusiasm for BvS and Suicide Squad. Man of Steel was an absolutely stunning visual feast, even if the characterization was fucking horrible (and I'm not bitching about "Superman needs to be positive!" -- I just mean character motivations were so crazy inconsistent and tonally out of whack, e.g. Pa Kent). I am expecting BvS to deliver on this in spades. And Suicide Squad looks like fun.

so bored of the Marvel formula, excited for something new

mfte
07-14-2015, 09:54 AM

https://girloncomicbookworld.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/259zhvs.png?w=665

october_midnight
10-26-2015, 10:46 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSOwUO1XIAA-I57.jpghttp://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/562e2c6be4b0273764fa6d8f/562e2c6be4b036ebb542f47b/1445866605197/NEW-suicidesquad-screenshotphoto5.jpg?format=750whttp://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/562e2c6be4b0273764fa6d8f/562e2c6ce4b036ebb542f481/1445866606842/NEW-suicidesquad-screenshotphoto11.jpg?format=750whttp://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/562e2c6be4b0273764fa6d8f/562e2c6be4b02f107e2098fb/1445866606199/NEW-suicidesquad-screenshotphoto3.jpg?format=750whttp://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/562e2c6be4b0273764fa6d8f/562e2c6be4b036ebb542f478/1445866604392/NEW-suicidesquad-screenshotphoto4.jpg?format=750w

Patrick_Nicholas
10-26-2015, 10:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSOwUO1XIAA-I57.jpg

Is this supposed to be the cover of The Joker's rap album?

october_midnight
01-19-2016, 11:17 AM
New concept art that is apparently legit as it was shown on the official UK DC Facebook.

http://i0.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Justice-League-Concept-Art.jpg?fit=800%2C800&quality=86&strip=info

Conan The Barbarian
01-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Did they just spoil something? lol

october_midnight
01-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Also, ahead of tonight's DC special on CW...a new poster:

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/01/d4a65bda5131bde968111034cce8f4f33537875d-166347.jpg

neorev
01-19-2016, 03:13 PM
I dunno... I find this all very cheesy looking

orestes
01-19-2016, 04:34 PM
Ugh, those filters.

Deadpool
01-19-2016, 05:45 PM
Interesting perspective on the posters that I don't necessarily agree with (http://io9.gizmodo.com/this-suicide-squad-poster-shows-us-everything-wrong-wit-1753859683?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow), particularly this part:

What kind of absurd world do we live in where it’s the villains that look like they’re having all the fun

Shouldn't it be the villains who are having "fun"?

I don't know. I'm really psyched for the DC Films Special tonight – especially the new Suicide Squad trailer. The first one was great and will be tough to follow.

Conan The Barbarian
01-19-2016, 08:59 PM
That suicide squad trailer has won me over.

october_midnight
01-19-2016, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OZ0eOTLTU

october_midnight
01-19-2016, 09:09 PM
Also, the new Flash costume has fully gone metal it looks like...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZIY4epVIAAp-Gz.jpg

screwdriver
01-19-2016, 09:11 PM

holy cow, that looks AWESOME.

Conan The Barbarian
01-19-2016, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure that flash picture is from the mmo DC universe.

thevoid99
01-19-2016, 10:04 PM

OK, I'm in. Margot Robbie is fucking winning me over as Harley Quinn.

Deadpool
01-19-2016, 10:36 PM
New trailer is a ton of fun – Jai Courtney, Margot Robbie, and Jared Leto all look like they're having a blast with their characters. Joel Kinnman looks like the perfect, semi-sane glue for them all to boot.

Loving the white tux Joker.

Boomerang cracking the beer is hilarious.

Wonder Woman footage looking good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNE7139vfk

If it's as good as the 2009 animated film, we'll be OK. But seriously, the animated movie is great.

october_midnight
01-19-2016, 11:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that flash picture is from the mmo DC universe.

Official concept art. The SuperHeroFeed Twitter acct has all the rest.

Frozen Beach
01-19-2016, 11:16 PM
I want to be hyped up for this movie, but all this bullshit news that Jared Leto is SOOO in character makes me roll my eyes. It's cringe worthy.

Liquid_Bastard
01-20-2016, 08:22 AM
I know this has been said over and over by now but, while I'm still on board for this movie, I think the only way this version of the Joker will be acceptable is if they go with the Jason Todd story.

implanted_microchip
01-20-2016, 03:30 PM
The first SS trailer left me really uncertain, but damn, that new one should've just been the first. I'm definitely looking forward to it, and if done right could kick off a trend of supervillain-centric movies. Considering that even a lot of hardcore fans of the MCU tend to agree that's the weakest aspect of their films, I'd love it if this gave Marvel some incentive to work harder at crafting memorable and compelling villains that aren't just there to be a stepping stone in an origin story before getting bumped off for good.