PDA

View Full Version : Canon Cameras and Equipment

hobochic
07-18-2013, 05:34 AM
So I'm about to buy a used lens to bring with me to Portugal. My budget for the lens is around 4000 swedish crowns, which would be the equivalent to $600.

1 - At first I was thinking of a 70-200 f4, but the one I've found doesn't have image stabilizer. With a monopod maybe it could work for some surf photography though...

2 - The second lens is the 17-40 f4 L USM, which I've heard good things about for that price range.

3 - The third is the 17-35 f2.8 L, which is faster but also has a few bad "soft focus" reviews.

They're all within the budget and I'm torn to which one I should go for.

Any tips? I'm using a 7D and a 5DmII.

hobochic
07-18-2013, 06:14 AM
I'm on vacation and want to have an all round lens to shoot landscapes and portraits. I'm bringing a 50mm and a 16mm Fisheye as well.
The "cheap" tele was what started my interest in getting something to try out some surf photography with but I'm not sure if it's worth it without image stabilizer.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 17-40 f4 L for its diversity and not having to carry around too much gear, I wanna relax also. ;)

MAD
07-18-2013, 09:04 AM
I would go with #2.

The great thing about it is that it's really fast, so depending on where you want to sit you can either zoom in for portraits or go big. For concerts and landscapes, I think this is the best one as I bet we'll have some sort of visuals and whatnot. Plus, it's a new line-up so you could get some really cool shots if you get creative.

qotsa_1992
08-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Hi all, didn't know where to post and didn't think opening a new thread was necessary. I am selling my backup camera, a canon rebel t3i, for school finances and thought to put it here because i hate all the ebay and paypal fees. I do also have the kit lens, though i never used it because i have a few l lenses. Info on the camera, I bought it back during september of last year (2012) as a backup to my older rebel that i have now parted ways with so it is still relatively new. I can include a generic battery because I lost the original, battery charger, original canon strap, body cap, both lens caps and the 18-55 stabilizer kit lens. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm. I am looking for about $440 but am willing to negotiate/trade for some nin or qotsa related things and money. Can meet up in person in Illinois somewhere or ship using paypal assuming you have history trading or purchasing through this forum