PDA

View Full Version : Dead Rising

Space Suicide
06-28-2013, 08:30 PM
So, played Dead Rising 2: Case Zero yesterday and today and with the dawn of the Xbox One's Dead Rising 3 release I figured why not make a thread?

The first game was one of my first Xbox 360 games but I gave it a friend and never got it back...I own Case Zero and I had Off the Record at one point (traded it for Borderlands 2). I just bought/ordered Dead Rising 2 and am now on the hype train for 3 for the Xbox One. Will probably be my first game...

Some news regarding 3 I have found:

Dead Rising 3′s psychopath bosses detailed

Dead Rising 3 Has a Surreal Fight With a Psychopath Deluded by Video Games

Siliconera exclusively revealed details about Dead Rising 3 a year and a half before Microsoft unveiled the game as an Xbox One exclusive. We posted concept art of the main character (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/08/dead-rising-3-is-set-in-california-and-the-protagonist-is-an-auto-mechanic/), revealed he was a mechanic, and that the game takes place in Los Perdidos. We have a lot more to tell you about Dead Rising 3 from documents we received from an inside source.

Dead Rising 3 will have psychopaths to fight and most of these boss-like battles are with humans that went insane during the zombie outbreak.

• One of the psychopaths is an Asian immigrant who moved to Los Perdidos dreaming of a better life. “Shifu" - that’s his codename - has been working a low paying job for a family that doesn’t respect him and his only refuge is a Zen garden that he grooms everyday. During the zombie outbreak, Shifu continues to maintain his garden and kills anyone that steps inside the temple. Of course, Nick stumbles inside and sees Shifu holding a staff and meditating over a mound of corpses. He leaves Nick alone until Nick trips on one of the garden’s rocks and knocks it out of place. Shifu fights Rick using something that looks like a Guan Dao.

• Another psychopath is a female professional wrestler and bodybuilder. Nick runs into Jerry at a gym who is lifting weights and upset that her competition was canceled due to the zombie outbreak. Jerry looks more masculine than feminine and Nick thinks she is a he which ticks Jerry off. She throws weights at Nick and uses various grappling moves in battle.

• Players will also fight a motorcycle gang leader. Unlike the other psychopaths, the motorcycle leader welcomes the zombie outbreak because this brought the anarchy he has always dreamed of. The biker leader has a custom motorcycle with a steamroller front wheel and various human remains attached as a war trophies.

• The most interesting psychopath that we know about is a spoiled adult living off a trust fund who plays video games all day. Trent has been hiding out in his mansion completely oblivious to reality when Nick comes in to rescue him. Trent who is lying in a pool of empty chip bags and mountain dew tells Nick to blow off because he needs to finish a level first. Nick tries to reason with Trent, but he’s so deluded he talks about headshots in the game and whines about how a pizza delivery man hasn’t arrived.

Share your thoughts, opinions and fandom for this series. One of Capcom's best, in my opinion.

Conan The Barbarian
06-29-2013, 01:34 AM
If you are ever down for some co op I'm down

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Space Suicide
06-29-2013, 06:45 AM
If you are ever down for some co op I'm down

Most definitely am! I'm supposed to get the game after Independence Day so expect an invite around then.

Space Suicide
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I just rebought 2: Off The Record for my Xbox 360 (traded my old copy towards Borderlands 2 last year). Anyone have?

Conan The Barbarian
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Nah I dont have any of the dlc.

Space Suicide
07-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Nah I dont have any of the dlc.

Actually Off The Record is a repackaged disc-based Dead Rising 2 where you play as Frank West instead of Chuck Greene in a what-if scenario. I'm getting the proper Dead Rising 2, that we can co-op, next week whenever the mail gets to it.

Conan The Barbarian
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Hmmm.

Thought it was dlc. Guess I'll pick it up used one day.

Space Suicide
07-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Hmmm.

Thought it was dlc. Guess I'll pick it up used one day.

It's cheap. Brand new for $19.99 at some places.

october_midnight
06-06-2016, 01:45 PM
What's this?!?!

http://thisgengaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/XSDvWIe-728x409.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v1xKoNE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ligf0Nz.jpg

YES.

october_midnight
06-15-2016, 02:52 PM
December 6th. The gameplay videos have got me jacked for this.