PDA

View Full Version : Trent's substance abuse

kolopsia
06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
What was he doing and around when do you think he was at his worst?

MrSlfDstruct
06-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Strange topic . . .

To my knowledge he has spoken about doing cocaine and heavy amounts of alcohol. I do remember a quote from somewhere saying he never got into heroin.

From what is known (by me, I guess, but that's based on the media/interviews with Trent I've read), it would seem that the period between TDS up to the end of the Fragiity tour could be considered the worst. I remember reading interviews about how he'd locked himself away in Big Sur to write The Fragile, and then years later he's said that he moved there to basically kill himself. I believe there were a few instances on that tour where he'd be wasted for shows and forget lyrics, things like that. I listened to a recording of the show I went to in 2000 and there's a point where he addresses the crowd and his speech sounds pretty slurred. It's pretty obvious because he's typically very articulate, but his speech is definitely slurred.

sheepdean
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
This is going to get locked.

What Tort said is true, although I'll add he tried heroin twice: once out of interest, and the second time by accident, thinking he'd bought cocaine. This caused an overdose, naturally.

There are other people in the NIN camp who have been on other drugs, but Trent has never spoken about being on anything other than Alcohol, Weed, Tobacco and Cocaine.

reseen_lamenti
06-17-2013, 08:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWmDd9eKog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2q1vTbdFQQ

allegro
06-17-2013, 09:02 PM

What Tort said is true, although I'll add he tried heroin twice: once out of interest, and the second time by accident, thinking he'd bought cocaine. This caused an overdose, naturally.

There are other people in the NIN camp who have been on other drugs, but Trent has never spoken about being on anything other than Alcohol, Weed, Tobacco and Cocaine.
I thought he finally came clean and admitted that he was doing heroin, too. i didn't think he did weed or smoked cigarettes, though.

DF118
06-17-2013, 09:05 PM
What was he doing

Blaming it on Jerome Dillon's Diarrhea.

sheepdean
06-17-2013, 09:07 PM
I thought he finally came clean and admitted that he was doing heroin, too. i didn't think he did weed or smoked cigarettes, though.
My memory tells me he discussed smoking during some early PHM interview, but I am too lazy to find it

Jinsai
06-17-2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyWmDd9eKog

What the fuck are those drugs?

joplinpicasso
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
At 11:55 of the Big Day Out footage, he gives a "Hey!" that is totally foreshadowing the heys to come.

allegro
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
That looks like plain old drunk. Which many of us can recognize from our own lives, heh. ugh.

Jinsai
06-17-2013, 09:19 PM
That looks like plain old drunk. Which many of us can recognize from our own lives, heh. ugh.

I don't know... To be THAT noticeably fucked up and still capable of singing on key seems unlikely with booze.

allegro
06-17-2013, 09:25 PM
I don't know... To be THAT noticeably fucked up and still capable of singing on key seems unlikely with booze.

Ohhhhhh noooooo my singing ability was completely unchanged while smashed. In fact, it was ENHANCED! My pool game was better, as was my Donkey Kong playing talents. Talking was a little more difficult, however, as was walking in heels. Notice you've never seen Reznor walking in heels while drunk?

schteph
06-17-2013, 09:26 PM
Wasn't that Japan show the one where he kicked a girl in the audience in the teeth? Leaving her WITHOUTA TEEFA?

Dragoro
06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Ohhhhhh noooooo my singing ability was completely unchanged while smashed. In fact, it was ENHANCED! My pool game was better, as was my Donkey Kong playing talents. Talking was a little more difficult, however, as was walking in heels. Notice you've never seen Reznor walking in heels while drunk?

Really? Every listened to Pink Floyd, The Doors, or even Nirvana? All done on heroin.

jessamineny
06-17-2013, 09:30 PM

Tequila?...

allegro
06-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Really? Every listened to Pink Floyd, The Doors, or even Nirvana? All done on heroin.
We're talking about that live Piggy video up there. ^^^ That's way too aggro for heroin. That's more like Jose Cuervo. El Capitan of Embarassmento.

Dragoro
06-17-2013, 09:43 PM
We're talking about that live Piggy video up there. ^^^ That's way too aggro for heroin. That's more like Jose Cuervo. El Capitan of Embarassmento.

Opps, my apologies. Somehow I missed that. ::waiting for the slap on back of head::

thevoid99
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM
I just saw that video. I never want to watch that again. That was embarrassing. Drugs are bad.

allegro
06-17-2013, 09:45 PM
Opps, my apologies.
No problemo.

Drugs are bad.
So is Seņor Jose Cuervo.

joplinpicasso
06-17-2013, 10:07 PM
The audio from this performance is absolutely hilarious, and judging by the date, it's definitely a matter of forgetting lyrics in a non-English-speaking country than drugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-1dWOTfdao

Jinsai
06-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Opps, my apologies. Somehow I missed that. ::waiting for the slap on back of head::

Also, when the hell did Pink Floyd ever admit to doing heroin?

thevoid99
06-17-2013, 10:09 PM
No problemo.

So is Seņor Jose Cuervo.

I don't drink nor do I do any drugs. I know I am fucked up on all sorts of personal shit but drugs and alcohol are stuff I don't need to make things worse. I'm glad Trent is over that shit.

Dragoro
06-17-2013, 10:13 PM

When did Morrison? When did Kurt? When did Joplin?

Dragoro
06-17-2013, 10:17 PM
You really need for them to come out and tell you? Soo man bands got caught up in that, both then and now, just look at scott weiland (sp)

Dragoro
06-17-2013, 10:19 PM

And omg, how could you assume they didn't?

Let me guess, Clapton, Page, Harrison fell for the lure, but Waters? No not possible ::rolls eyes:: (You do know, that even during their "time" they PF were known as the people to get things" right?

Gotta love folks that werent alive during that era.

eversonpoe
06-17-2013, 10:24 PM
why does kolopsia keep starting ridiculous and unnecessary threads!? oy vey.

henryeatscereal
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Is it true that's why he doesn't play "The Perfect Drug" anymore?

allegro
06-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Wait I thought Pink Floyd did acid (I was in fact alive back then but was a very young child and had not yet done acid). Or was that just Syd?

Alice Cooper was always just really drunk; not all rock stars were on heroin. Or on any drugs or booze.

edit: It was just Syd.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LseaCWNRUkg

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
06-17-2013, 11:54 PM
I don't drink nor do I do any drugs. I know I am fucked up on all sorts of personal shit but drugs and alcohol are stuff I don't need to make things worse. I'm glad Trent is over that shit. You are missing out man. Drugs actually SOLVE those problems!

Khrz
06-17-2013, 11:57 PM

As it should. I know that we have a tendency to observe, discuss and analyze every fragment of reznor's life, but in my opinion that's really the worst kind of morbid, glorified gossip.
Maybe it's the original post that rubs me the wrong way.

onthewall2983
06-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Wait I thought Pink Floyd did acid (I was in fact alive back then but was a very young child and had not yet done acid). Or was that just Syd?

Alice Cooper was always just really drunk; not all rock stars were on heroin. Or on any drugs or booze.

edit: It was just Syd.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=LseaCWNRUkg

Syd did acid, but the rest of the band basically just drank and smoked cigs and weed in the early days (and when Syd was gone as well). Rick Wright and David Gilmour had separate cocaine habits, Rick around the time he was booted out and David in the late 80's until he met his current wife.

Jinsai
06-18-2013, 12:20 AM
And omg, how could you assume they didn't?

Let me guess, Clapton, Page, Harrison fell for the lure, but Waters? No not possible ::rolls eyes:: (You do know, that even during their "time" they PF were known as the people to get things" right?

Gotta love folks that werent alive during that era.

What the fuck kind of logic is this?

Clapton and Page admitted that they used heroin, and that's a pretty big difference. George Harrison was practically the "sober" Beatle. You might be getting him mixed up with Lennon (who, by the way, did admit to doing heroin).

A lot of other people have made some trippy crazy music without doing drugs. Frank Zappa never touched anything except cigarettes.

If you've got absolutely zero evidence of heroin use, and you just assume it because that's what you assume all rock musicians did at the time, and you know because you were "alive during that era," you're just being an asshole. And where does this half quoted inference that Floyd were known as "the people to get things" come from? The band has admitted the drugs they've done.

How about SOME kind of evidence, besides your anecdotal "I was totally there man" BS

Also, did you really just say "when did Kurt [admit to doing heroin]?!" He admitted it several times. What the fuck...

heroicraptor
06-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Jesus Fucking Christ.