PDA

View Full Version : PC racing simulations

BenAkenobi
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm fan of realistic racing games.
currently replaying 5-year-old "GT Legends" developed by SimBin, like it more than NFS Shift
other honorable mentions (obviously not trying to cover the entire genre):
hardcore
GTR2
Race07 and expansions (GTR Evolution, STCC, Race On, Race Injection)
F1 2010
F1 99-02 + Prototype-C mod by virtua-lm.com

casual
Test Drive Unlimited
Race driver GRID
Colin McRae Rally 2 and 04
Xpand Rally Xtreme
Sega Rally
Trackmania Nations

more often than not i'm just hotlapping instead of climbing up the career ladder

i haven't seen such topic on old ETS, this one might drown pretty quickly,
but it would be nice to meet a simracer-ETSer. hey, let's start a league!

MAD
11-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Realistic racing games you say... I see you're a big fan but I must ask, what do you think about Need For Speed Shift 2?

To be honest I recently played NFS:The Run.

I also play Trackmania ^^.

fritzon
12-01-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm playing a lot of F1 2011 and I recently renewed my iRacing-subscription. A couple of weeks ago a dream came true when I won a racing seat and a Logitech GT-wheel so I've been playing F1 quite a lot.

Have you seen C.A.R.S.?

BenAkenobi
12-01-2011, 10:13 AM
both questions at once.about C.A.R.S. do you ask whether i'm supporting by paid subscription? not yet, maybe in new year.F1 2011 wasn't released locally here, and i'm not finished with 2010 yet.about Shift 2 it's good, but i personally expected it to represent real world season, which it doesn't: no Bahrain, Interlagos and San Luis, car set also differs from actual.NFS i honestly not following anymore since Most Wanted: GTL, GRID and Test drive unlimited fill that niche for me. Also Flatout 2 / Ultimate carnage

fritzon
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I was just asking to see if you had any interest in it. It looks insanely good for a game early in development. You should definitely try a month or two of iRacing.com though. It may seem expensive but the racing and simulation is unmatched by any other game on the market.

Are you referring to F1 2010 regarding it not containing Bahrain and Interlagos? Because I'm pretty sure it does. And can't you pick up F1 2011 through Steam?

BenAkenobi
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
i expected Bahrain etc. from Shift2 Unleashed. Yeah heard good things about iRacing, honestly i'm just hesitating because it'll probably ruin all my other experience...not a good thing to suddenly find out your beloved games could just pale in comparison. I'm also mentally unprepared for buying each car and circuit separately.

BenAkenobi
12-24-2011, 01:40 PM
for sale: Steam key for Race07+STCC bundle. $10 or best offer. paypal accepted.
--update--
5 bucks till the end of the year