PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Pages : [1] 2

ltrandazzo
11-21-2011, 12:51 PM
I. LOVE. THESE. GAMES.

I'm so confused about the story, but the games have been lots of fun. Nothing beats using Da Vinci's flying machine and swooping down on someone to stab them in the neck with a hidden blade. Love it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Whoa, totally missed this thread. What's got ya confused about the story, might I ask? It can get kinda mixed up. :D I don't know the entire thing either.

On a nerdy note, I just got my copy of the white edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. This thing is sliiiick. The White Edition came with 8 little 12x7 ish size prints of artwork showing Assassins from a variety of eras and different AC universes from different artists. Really cool stuff for a fanboy like me. :P Tons of artwork, and there's even a section on hidden blades that shows a modernized version called the "shock blade."

Also, I think I'm gonna take advantage of my free time during spring semester to get into playing the AC multiplayer for the first time.

xmd 5a
12-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Great fun series - though I didn't like Revelations as much as Brotherhood. The Assassin's Tombs/Romulus Lairs/Masayaf Key Dungeons are my favourite parts of the games, especially the ones based around really intricate, massive scale climbing sections. Nothing like climbing around the roof of a huge cathedral and looking down at the floor to get the pulse racing. Hell, I'd play an entire game based around those levels alone without any combat/assassination-centric missions (which I do still enjoy, BTW).

Piko
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
I kinda liked Revelations a little more than Brotherhood. Both are good, but for different reasons. Maybe it's because I can relate in some way, that I think it's better. I dunno. But the ending and everything with the first civilization was fucking great! Makes me wonder though. There's obviously going to be a AC3 (probably next year), but do any of you think that it may just be Desmond, or we'll actually get another ancestor?

Space Suicide
12-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I kinda liked Revelations a little more than Brotherhood. Both are good, but for different reasons. Maybe it's because I can relate in some way, that I think it's better. I dunno. But the ending and everything with the first civilization was fucking great! Makes me wonder though. There's obviously going to be a AC3 (probably next year), but do any of you think that it may just be Desmond, or we'll actually get another ancestor?

Revelations > Brotherhood

I still haven't beat either game, sadly. revelations is way better though.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah, they said a "major" Assassin's Creed title is coming out next year, probably 3, because they've already come out and said that the next game will be the last game revolving around Desmond.

So really, I think it's entirely possible that we could have an Assassin's Creed game played mostly in modern times on the way. but then there's also a rumor going around that our next playable ancestor will be in Egypt. But who knows how accurate those rumors are.

Emil Dorbell
12-04-2011, 12:45 PM
I feel hyped reading that you like the new game over Brotherhood. I loved every damn minute of Brotherhood!

Wretchedest
12-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Ive been contemplating giving this series a second chance after the disaster that was the first.... where should i start?

nvr_mind
12-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Assassin's Creed 2. I completely skipped the first and still know what's going on. From AC2 on it's fucking great.

Space Suicide
12-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Ive been contemplating giving this series a second chance after the disaster that was the first.... where should i start?

Assassin's Creed II. Guaranteed you'll love it if you like the premise of being an old century assassin. Not to mention Young Ezio Auditore is badass. Not saying that old Ezio isn't but...

Piko
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah, not much really happened in the first one. Altair had his story which was cool. Not much of anything with Desmond. If you don't want to play the first one, you could just read up on it. Some stuff happened, but not too much. The Altair stuff is where you would mostly be lost. The desmond stuff in the first one was pretty nonexistent except for the fact that he was "playable" for a tiny, and I mean tiny percentage of the game.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, not much really happened in the first one. Altair had his story which was cool. Not much of anything with Desmond. If you don't want to play the first one, you could just read up on it. Some stuff happened, but not too much. The Altair stuff is where you would mostly be lost. The desmond stuff in the first one was pretty nonexistent except for the fact that he was "playable" for a tiny, and I mean tiny percentage of the game.

Not to mention that the amount of time spent playing Desmond was 99% walking around the Animus room very slowly. the other 1% was using Eagle vision at the very, very end of the game, and after the game ends.

Yeah, start with 2 and just read up on the first one's plot. You're really better off. I'm happy they included the first one on the disc with Revelations, but only because it was free. I don't think I'd pay to own AC1 again. And I think if you have a PS3 and rent Revelations, you should be able to download AC1 right off the disc for free, if you just wanted to have it without paying anything extra. Assuming they included it on the same copies used for rentals. I wouldn't know, I had it pre-ordered the day it was available. :D

I think I agree that Revelations > Brotherhood, too. But it takes a second to warm up to it at first, with the new bomb making stuff and den defense system.

mostlymad
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Not really playing to finish. But for fun. Love playing and watching people play for the first time.

Piko
12-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Problem with Revelations, though, is it's easily the shortest one in the series. And 2) I REALLY sucked at the tower defense parts. I think it ended Ezio and Altair's story pretty well. You really feel for Ezio.

xmd 5a
12-05-2011, 05:16 AM
Problem with Revelations, though, is it's easily the shortest one in the series. And 2) I REALLY sucked at the tower defense parts. I think it ended Ezio and Altair's story pretty well. You really feel for Ezio.

I didn't really dig the tower defence at all and thought it was annoying how you could trigger notoriety by renovating shops. The bombs were fun to muck around with but I didn't find them all too useful. I did however like the Mediterranean Defense Campaign, the hookblade and those trippy Desmond memory sequences. And the story was great too (and suitably "revelatory"). I guess the seemingly shorter campaign felt less satisfying than Brotherhood's.

Torgo
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
I haven't played through this series yet (it's on my list and I have all four games!), but I was watching my boyfriend start to play Revelations and that fucking opening cinematic... was... wow. It just blew my mind. Ezio is such a badass / GILF.

Thiah
12-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Played and enjoyed the first one. I've had the second one for about six months. I'm having a hard time staying interested but that being said, I'll probably still buy the third one when I finally beat 2. Ezio's accent really, really annoys me and I don't know why. I hate Ezio.

MAD
12-06-2011, 07:32 AM
You guys give me hope. When I played the first one (and by played I mean wasted about four hours of my life with it) I could hear the walls cracking because of how boring it was. I'd much rather watch paint dry or listen how the grass is growing..

Piko
12-06-2011, 07:49 AM
I liked the first one. After awhile, though, it ended up being the same thing - interrogate a guy, kill Templar guards, etc. Assassinate your target then repeat all of that, over and over again. The Altair story was cool though. Dragged on, but it had a good story. AC2 learned from it and added WAY more variety.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Here's a picture of that shock blade I mentioned earlier. The encyclopedia they made has relatively little detail in it about many of the modern assassins or their gear, but I think this is a sign that we might see more modern-ness in the next game. And I reeeally hope so, because I think that everyone's kind of wanted to play Desmond out a little more, so it'd only make sense for them to do that at least once before his part ends.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:Shock_blade.jpg

I'll flip through it again after Thursday and see if there's anything more in there, but I'm willing to bet that all the info in the encyclopedia is already out there on the net somewhere.

Piko
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM
I only wonder where a modern day game would take place though. Definitely not a major city, I'm sure. Can't imagine them climbing giant buildings.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-29-2012, 10:06 PM
So, uhhh... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html

(http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219745p1.html) http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/121/1219745/accc_1330566813.jpg

Fucking JIZZING if this is legit, which it seems like it very well could be. Also - The facebook page added a new image.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/395837_10150592347553068_6119163067_9096639_199373 7897_n.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Jesus, since that leak happened, they must have just decided to splurge a little early. AC III will be the cover game for April's issue of Game Informer.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/april-cover-revealed-assassin-39-s-creed-iii.aspx?PageIndex=4#.T0_FsWPcHyI.twitter

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/ubisoft/assassinscreed3/cov_228_v1_l.jpg

AND They've now added a countdown to Monday on the AC website. http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac/en-US/index.aspx

Piko
03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Wonder how this is going to work out. Wonder where it's going to take place. Boston?

october_midnight
03-02-2012, 12:51 PM
It's a pretty cool idea for George Washington to have the Apple of Eden and possibly hand it down to the future presidents. They could do these games in a hundred different times/locations.

october_midnight
03-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Main character's name, locations, some weapons, and storyline revealed. (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/721351/assassins-creed-3-details-leak-gameplay-characters-settings-weapons-and-more-revealed/?cmpid=sn-120221-twitter-na-twitterfantrack)

Spoiler-ridden, obviously

Conan The Barbarian
03-02-2012, 05:55 PM
sweet I thought I was the only one that watched g4 lol.

Wretchedest
03-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Would have figured they would go for japan... since it seems obvious.... but if they did it seems they would have kept that STUPID FUCKING HOODIE!

With a new setting a whole century later we're still stuck with that crap? Bleh! They should have given this guy a much more updated look, but brand recognition etc... i understand. still seems interesting...

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-03-2012, 02:20 AM
Japan WOULD have been really awesome. But I don't see how that was "obvious," I guess (Don't get me wrong, I wanted it too!). I figured we might get America, though, simply because of where Revelations ended. The protagonists are pretty much exactly where they need to be geographically to wrap up the current story without traveling across the world. I can only hope we get a game set in Japan in the near future, because Samurai Assassins would probably be the coolest kind of Assassins they could ever have in the series, imo. :P And Feudal era Japan would just look beautiful in an AC game.

Also: I'm glad to see that it looks like they're embracing natural landscapes this time around, in some fashion. I remember them saying that they were playing with the idea, but didn't have the mechanics down to effectively explore natural environments (climbing trees, finding rock structures that just happen to get you where you need to go for a mission, etc.).

liquidcalm
03-03-2012, 03:48 AM
I played all the way through AC1, got bored about half way through AC2 and haven't touched the series since. But the leaked screens of 3 got me excited. Hopefully the gameplay will be just a little more interesting, something about 1 + 2 felt kinda, detached to me. Probably just me though, I know its like one of the biggest game series around these days. (I'm still holding out for a sequel to the 2008 Prince of Persia)

xmd 5a
03-03-2012, 04:39 AM
"...1.5 times bigger", "...shades of Red Dead Redemption", "...levelling system", "...huge map".

TAKE. MY. DAMN. MONEY!

Conan The Barbarian
03-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Unless someone can point a historical templar significance in Japan, I dont see how Japan would even make sense regarding the material.

Piko
03-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Unless someone can point a historical templar significance in Japan, I dont see how Japan would even make sense regarding the material.

The relevance with Japan is that in AC2 (I think?), there was an assassin there. A lady I think. And her statue was in the shrine in the villa. Other than that, I don't see Japan having any other real relevance other than that tiny fact. The fact that it takes place in the american revolution makes more sense considering one of the subject 16 puzzles.

It had George Washington with the apple. So maybe he'll be the villian, as Borgia was in AC2 and Brotherhood?

edit: Guess I should've read ahead a little bit.

Mr. Blaileen
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
III is giving me a total nerd boner right now.

Conan The Barbarian
03-03-2012, 10:59 AM
I think gameplay considering the landscape could be very interesting.

Wretchedest
03-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I'm not suggesting that it's readily relevant, but all it would take is some quick written justification. They could effortlessly justify bringing the series to Japan.

and I say obvious because the gameplay is ready to be a game about japanese ninjas ( in a more traditional sense than, say Gaiden's god of war approach). it would only take a few tweaks.

still, I think this looks cool enough. It'll happen eventually.

novacide
03-03-2012, 10:12 PM
AC3 sounds/looks amazing.

Space Suicide
03-04-2012, 10:07 AM
New screens look amazing. definitely getting this one!

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Announcement trailer -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY

october_midnight
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Assassin's Creed III special edition details announced. (http://gamershavennews.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-join-or-die-freedom-collectors-editions-details/)

Two different kinds of special editions? Kinda overkilling it these days lol.

chris
03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Now I know why this looks so familiar. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_%282000_film%29)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbtA0TIyoI8

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Assassin's Creed III special edition details announced. (http://gamershavennews.com/2012/03/assassins-creed-3-join-or-die-freedom-collectors-editions-details/)

Two different kinds of special editions? Kinda overkilling it these days lol.

What I don't like is that there's the catch-all edition with eeeverything, and then the one with less stuff AND different stuff at the same time. They could at least keep the content the same, just remove some items for a cheaper package for people who don't want all the fluff.*

* I am one of those people that will throw money down for all the fluff.

Edit: Apparently that shit's only available through European retailers. I'm sure it'll make its way to the US though. or something similar.

october_midnight
05-07-2012, 11:42 AM
First gameplay trailer can be unlocked at www.assassinscreed.com/unite if ppl tweet, share the link, etc.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I really love all the people getting on the teaser on youtube and saying "LOL ARROE 2 DA NEE." He's not even being shot in the knee. It's not even at an angle where it could be confused with the knee.

october_midnight
05-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Haha true dat. As for the trailer unlock, it's not even at 25% and it's been like 7 or 8 hours pretty much. Don't think they expected it to take this long before fizzling out but come on...they wanted almost TWO MILLION tweets/shares, etc. to unlock it. Watch it be like 8 seconds of gameplay too haha.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-07-2012, 06:59 PM
That's probably what it'll be! :P But I won't lie, that new little detachable knife/functioning hidden blade weapon is pretty slick.

october_midnight
05-10-2012, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRKfvbDduc8&feature=player_embedded

Space Suicide
05-10-2012, 12:12 PM
There's never been any really good Revolutionary Time games, this looks excellent. I wonder how much more difficult it'll be as they have actual guns now, not just bows and arrows like the others.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Seeing a bear over Connor's shoulder is really all you need to know if someone's asking why this game will be awesome. :P

Torgo
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing this is Connor's voice for the new game? Man, I'm going to miss Ezio's voice.

chris
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Thanks for posting the video, this looks awesome. Hopefully there's no tower defense. I stopped playing Revelations when that shit started (although I really need to go back and finish it). This is probably my favorite 3rd person PS3 series, but I'm definitely ready for it to move forward, history-wise.

Piko
05-10-2012, 08:22 PM
I was kinda iffy about the tower defense stuff. Didn't bother with it. Probably makes the game a little harder, but ah well, I managed.

kdrcraig
05-11-2012, 06:59 AM
I am having a stupid amount of fun playing through the second one right now.

Conan The Barbarian
05-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I didn't have to defend any towers for the exception of the tutorial.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Well, the ubiworkshop website announced this.

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/2b25e6372f2c8299b5682450f/images/UW_wp_01f_option.jpg

Can't say I'm too stoked about it, though. I already have the first edition of the encyclopedia (No way in hell am I paying that much again for 80 pages of new content. I'll wait for a newer edition with more added to it), and I'm gonna pick up a copy of The Chain seperately. Getting them in this bundle still saves money, but I'd rather put my $100 toward the big fuck-off collector's edition inevitably on the way.

october_midnight
06-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation is coming out for the PS Vita; to include first female assassin protagonist 'Aveline'. (http://www.gamerlive.tv/article/e3-2012-assassins-creed-making-killing-vita-playstation-vita)

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm game. It sounds like it could be pretty interesting. I was holding off on getting a Vita until November if it was still holding up on the market, but if they give AC:L a nice pre-order package I might get it a little early. Still too early to decide for sure, though.

october_midnight
06-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Not to entirely derail but mentioning the Vita reminded me of this (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-06-01-the-rise-and-fall-of-sony-part-2) article I read about Sony and the failure of the Vita.

Back to AC chat, don't derail it lol. Just thought it was interesting.

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 07:08 PM
E3 gameplay demo video. (http://kotaku.com/5915679/assassins-creed-iii-isnt-afraid-to-stab-animals-in-the-face)

Space Suicide
06-04-2012, 07:10 PM
I like the flow and style of this game. I think I may even like the setting and story (what I can tell) more than every other game. II is still the top contender.

Conan The Barbarian
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
E3 gameplay demo video. (http://kotaku.com/5915679/assassins-creed-iii-isnt-afraid-to-stab-animals-in-the-face)

holy.....fucking.....shit

I cannot wait for october.

october_midnight
06-04-2012, 08:46 PM
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (http://kotaku.com/5915717/assassins-creed-confirmed-for-vita-stars-a-lady-assassin)

For the PS Vita, ships the same day as ACIII.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Fucking...I wish they'd announce the North American pre-order bundles/collector's editions already. What's taking them so long? This is E3. This is the time to be announcing that shit. Especially since they have 3 huge bundles already lined up for Europe.

Also, that gameplay looks AMAZING. And the cinematic trailer looks just as amazing, if not amazing-er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL6chDa7T8Q&list=FLCT16HKmnHKW_oEJLvA0yuA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

owinn
06-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Looks cool, not a huge leap in gameplay at all if you ask me, but I LOVE the Assassins Creed games and the story so hoorah.

october_midnight
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Boat combat! (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58967/assassins-creed-3-boat-e3-gameplay-video/)

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I can see that turning out like the Assassin Den minigames, though. It'll be cool at first, but after I've had my fun with it I'll probably never bother with it again. :P

kdrcraig
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I wonder if they'll have a bundle with the Vita game and ACIII, I would definitely buy that. If not I'll probably just end up renting them. I still gotta get through Brotherhood and Revelations at some point this summer before these new games release.

chris
06-05-2012, 02:24 PM
That video looks so badass. I'd say it's a step up in gameplay. Definitely looked like there were more attack options with that hatchet, and shooting deer with a bow? For a Minnesota boy, that's as cool as it can get. Plus the game looks like it continues what it perhaps does best, which is historical detail. The Middle Ages were a cool setting, but it was time to move on. Seeing the wooden forts out on the frontier with the American and British flags flying was awesome. Anything is better than the generic near-future that the other 95% of action games are set in. When I got Revelations as a Christmas gift last year, I thought, meh, and it showed. Now I'm going to have to tell them, um yeah, another Assassin's Creed game please!

october_midnight
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Multiplayer gameplay! (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59058/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-gameplay-footage/)

owinn
06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
I better finish Revelations... every time I go back to it I decide to start over so as to recall the story, but then I get to the Tower Defence bullshit and I give up again. I forget, does this new game lose the tower defence? If not I hope they make it actually fun.

Piko
06-07-2012, 08:23 AM
I didn't mess with the tower defense. It got old real fast. And eventually I just ignored it and just went to finish the game.

Space Suicide
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Multiplayer gameplay! (http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59058/assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-gameplay-footage/)

I was wondering if they were gonna have it. I like the multiplayer but I'm far from good in it.

october_midnight
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Assassin's Creed 10? (http://www.gamingexaminer.com/could-there-be-an-assassins-creed-10/16164/)

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I remember them saying something about there being potential for seeeveral AC games before, but he has a good point. If they feel like they can handle it, and can pull off one successful game after another, why wouldn't they try for it?

That's assuming that things don't start getting TOO asinine or convoluted. But the AC team seems to know their limits and strengths well enough so far. I'm sure they'd know if things were coming to a definite stopping point for the franchise. As long as they keep impressing me, I'll keep buying into it.

chris
06-12-2012, 01:55 PM
This is related to some recent news that Assassin’s Creed 3 was made possible by the annualization of the Ezio AC games. Says Alex Hutchinson, creative director for AC 3: “The core team on this one has been working at it for almost three years, which is something you can almost never get in the industry these days – it’s too expensive, too risky. So we need the other projects to support that kind of development – these big jumps.

That's cool to know. I had sort of begun to think that the AC series was becoming a stale cash grab, but if its framed as being able to support the next "big jump", then I don't feel so bad about buying every game in the series.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
So, uhh...this is a thing...

http://www.destructoid.com/get-that-flag-in-assassin-s-creed-iii-limited-edition-230536.phtml

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/230536-ffff.jpg

For $119.99, you get the game, this flag, a 9 inch statue of Connor, and a belt buckle.

Really cool, but I might wait a bit longer to see if something else comes up. As bitchin' as that flag is, I'd like an artbook or something like that, but that's just me! I'd settle for this set.

Space Suicide
07-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Meh, some physical bonuses are cool but eh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Can't say I'm too hyped for the buckle (at all), but the figure is kinda cool I guess, and that flag is just downright awesome. If I could order that flag independently, I'd rather do that. I don't plan on setting up any pre-orders until after I move and get settled in August, so I'll wait an see if anything else pops up by September or early October.

october_midnight
07-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Holy shit.

Michael Fassbender cast as lead in Assassin's Creed movie. (http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/09/michael-fassbender-cast-in-assassins-creed-movie)

Who do you think he's going to play? I wonder if it'd be cheesy if they had him play everyone and just alter his appearance a bit each time lol.

Fixer808
07-09-2012, 02:37 PM
If they can make the movie look anything like those AC3 trailers they've got a winner.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-12-2012, 07:39 AM
You know, I can't think of many people I'd rather have as a lead in an Assassin's Creed movie. Good call!

I just wonder how they're going to split up the real-world/animus-world moments. I wouldn't want them to spend too much time in either one, but they've done a pretty outstanding job with everything in the AC world so far, especially outside of the main games, so I'm sure they'll find the perfect balance. I've got faith in this project so far!

october_midnight
07-13-2012, 09:00 AM
New Boston gameplay video. Looking very slick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSzxigS7VtU

Also, new co-op mode 'Wolfpack' (http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6386853/how-assassins-creed-iiis-new-co-op-mode-cranks-up-the-pace) revealed.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
These games...damn. It REALLY shows that Ubisoft has poured almost everything they have into this franchise. Cinematics are great, but seeing it all happen so smoothly in a game-play context is just incredible. I'm gonna need to play the hell out of this the week it comes out so I can get it out of my system well before finals roll around, or I'm gonna be in trouble. :P

Piko
07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Damn, that was amazing. Was a little afraid on how much Boston would look like Boston and not some recycled parts of previous games and just call it Boston. Good stuff.

kdrcraig
07-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Best Buy is having a pretty crazy video game sale right now. Revelations for $9.99 and I had a $5 certificate from the Reward Zone so I got it for $5.29 shipped, can't beat that! I guess I might as well pre-order ACIII and Liberation now.

Edit: Best Buy is giving a $20 reward certificate for pre-ordering ACIII, I'm having a good game buying day here.

Piko
07-24-2012, 10:29 AM
But it's Best Buy... meh... I already reserved it from Amazon. I'd rather go that route than deal with those vultures. Good deal otherwise though.

kdrcraig
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah Best Buy usually isn't so great, I used to go there a lot but Amazon is definitely my go-to place now. Deals like this are pretty much the only way I end up buying stuff from Best Buy.

Edit: I ended up cancelling the Best Buy order, you have to be a member of the Gamer's Club Unlocked which you have to do some shit at the store to get into. I'll just get it from amazon and buy Liberation digitally when I have time to play it.

october_midnight
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Highly doubt they'll honor it, but Wal-Mart has it on preorder for $15 ? (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Assassin-s-Creed-3-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/20452320?wmlspartner=ZXD82RCLrLM&sourceid=42776858191422511763&veh=aff)

Thiah
09-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Should I play Brotherhood before Revelations? I found Revelations at Target for $18 and realized after that Brotherhood came first. I don't have that one.

Fixer808
09-30-2012, 07:50 AM
I've been strolling through thisiswhyimbroke.com, and came across this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7jrinZr51r1ficjo1_r1_1280.jpg

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Huhwuhwuhwuh...AH-OOOOOO-GAH!

Effing WANT. I'd wear that thing every chance I got.

Space Suicide
10-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Looks like this stupid trend is with this game now too,

http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/011374.jpg

The ACIII Season Pass will include five pieces of additional content including the three-episode “The Tyranny of King Washington” expansion. This DLC will bring an all-new single-player campaign that represents an alternate version of the "history of the events following the American Revolution".

Of course, the Season Pass will also include new content for the game's multiplayer. No specific details were given, but "new maps and characters" were promised.

All of the content included in the season pass will be released within six months of Assassin's Creed III's launch date of October 31st. The pass will cost 2400 MSP, or can be pre-ordered for $29.99 from GameStop or Best Buy. In addition to the 25% savings you'll receive against buying the packs individually, Season Pass holders will also have access to the first DLC pack one week before their general release.

I want this game but never pre-ordered because frankly even though I like this series I haven't ever ponied up and beat any of the games so this does not warrant a launch buy for me. With this season pass inclusion I might do everyone's famous rage line when season passes are announced: I'll just buy this with all DLC with it sometime next year. I'm up to my elbows with games I need to beat as it is already. ACIII can wait.

kdrcraig
10-04-2012, 07:11 AM
I really don't get people's problem with season passes. It just gives you all/most of the DLC for a cheaper price than buying them all separately, don't really see what there is to bitch about. I did it with L.A. Noire and it was awesome.

Piko
10-04-2012, 08:09 AM
I don't get it. You're essentially buying everything DLC-related in bulk for a fraction cheaper. Sometimes its cool. But sometimes its necessary. Undecided about this one (don't really care about multiplayer). But for some games, its easily a deal.

Space Suicide
10-04-2012, 10:33 AM
I really don't get people's problem with season passes. It just gives you all/most of the DLC for a cheaper price than buying them all separately, don't really see what there is to bitch about. I did it with L.A. Noire and it was awesome.

I noticed some people are upset because with these Season Passes because devs seem that they're more worried about DLC after the game than the game launch itself. Not to mention with the tacking on of season passes a brand new game these days is like anywhere from $90.00 to $100.00 anymore.

I don't have any problem with season passes as I've bought a few: L.A. Noire, Gears of War 3, Borderlands 2 and a few others. But sometimes its cheaper for me in the long run to buy them when they come out separately instead of paying one lump sum for something I'm not gonna get for awhile.

I don't get it. You're essentially buying everything DLC-related in bulk for a fraction cheaper. Sometimes its cool. But sometimes its necessary. Undecided about this one (don't really care about multiplayer). But for some games, its easily a deal.

I'm passing on this season pass and game. AC always drops in price and so does its DLC. I like the multiplayer but not really feeling DLC and buying it.

october_midnight
10-04-2012, 11:43 AM

Quoted for truth. People will srsly bitch about literally anything, and I mean anything. You're a fan of the game? You know before it's out that you'll probably want the DLC? You wanna save some money? Why not.

You're not a fan, then wait for a GOTY edition or whatever. Developers are stressing DLC as much as the game because of the public, not the other way around. It's 2012, and video game nerds are among the most fickle of any type of media. Imagine if Borderlands 2 came out or ME3 and there WASN'T any DLC. People would just piss and moan about that.

Sometimes it just boils down to there being actual important things to whine about in life. I remember being 17 and buying an N64 and literally just enjoying a video game. Not talking trash while playing CoD. Not pissing at developers because they took too long to release DLC. Just buying a video game and fuckin' enjoying it. I'm old.

/rant

october_midnight
10-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Anyone pick this up? Not surprisingly, once the embargo lifted the first reviews were 10/10, saying it was a masterpiece. Now it's down to an 83 on Metacritic, with some saying it's a bit long in the cutscene dept. and kinda more of the same. Still, I think it'll be a fun game and why not, ya know? People already selling sealed copies on Craigslist for $50...might wait until that drops to the $40 range and give it a go.

SM Rollinger
10-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I cAught onx360a.org that their having a day 1 patch for this game. just horrible that companies are sooooo concerned about getting games to market asap, that they cant even finish them before their out the door. i remember a time when the internet dint exesist and if your gamke had bugs, then thats too bad (as i post this from myy xboxs internet browser).

i really was a big fan of this series before i just got franchise fatigue waaay bad. especially since ac2 and ac brotherhood both felt like they could have easily been combined into 1 game. its too bad ubisoft has to be so greedy, the subject material of these games is awesome. im just sick af a new one coming out every year (same goes for call of duty and i guess you could add halo to that list now too)

Space Suicide
10-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I got it, surprisingly when I wasn't going to.

Conan The Barbarian
10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Ugh cannot wait till Friday. Ans the two ac2 side games pretty much funded this one. With out those, who knows.

Piko
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Decided not to wait until Friday... going to probably trade in Dishonored (unwillingly) and pick it up tomorrow.

Space Suicide
10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
This game fucking rules.

Piko
10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
This game fucking rules.

Someone I work with ranted and raved about how this one's amazing. Enough that I caved and decided not to wait.

Space Suicide
10-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Someone I work with ranted and raved about how this one's amazing. Enough that I caved and decided not to wait.

I like the feel and subject matter. Anything from 1700-1990 I love in American History. So interesting to me and few games have ever been placed in Colonial Times, let alone something this scale.

I got this game for a late birthday present from my friend. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it. Glad he did and I can!

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I can see why they need the day 1 patch. I've seen a handful of small glitches just in the first hour I've played it. Nothing substantial, but stuff that seems like it could've been easily fixed with a little more time in the shop. It really would've been fine if they'd just bumped the release date back a couple weeks to iron things out, though.

But aside from that, I'm really digging it do far! Had to take a break to check out ZOE and the Metal Gear Rising demo, though.

Space Suicide
10-30-2012, 07:22 PM
I was moving and glitching so horribly in a fight at the end of Sequence 2. Awful.

Fun game though, love the atmosphere and story thus far. Too bad Sequence 2 at the end pissed me off by how many times it had to be re-done.

Mr. Blaileen
10-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Got this today and I'm super pumped to play it tomorrow. Going to finish the main storyline of Arkham City tonight, and conveniently, I have an off day tomorrow. Gonna wake up, rip off the wrapping, and pop in ACIII. Can't wait.

dlb
10-31-2012, 05:46 AM
To anyone who's already playing the game: Do you need AC, AC2 etc. to get into AC3?

Piko
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
If you haven't played the games, some of the story might seem a little confusing. But I doubt it'd make a major difference since its a new character.

Space Suicide
10-31-2012, 10:57 AM
If you haven't played the games, some of the story might seem a little confusing. But I doubt it'd make a major difference since its a new character.

Quoted for Truth.

Only thing that might make less sense is Desmond's storyline in the present but they have a summary at the beginning of III detailing what happened in I and II. It lightly fills you in.

III is a new entity and a whole story on its own. No way can you get lost.

Piko
10-31-2012, 12:00 PM
I was mostly referring to Desmond. So much happened with him in the previous four games. I'd imagine they make a few references that someone wouldn't catch

Space Suicide
10-31-2012, 11:13 PM
Beat Sequence 6 just now. These Sequences are long. Each take me about an hour and a half to two hours to complete.

These grid objectives to reach the max percentage of synchronization for each sequence memory is hard as hell. Ugh!

Going to play the crap out of this and beat it before Halo 4 next Tuesday. Will also buy the season pass sometime soon and try to beat this shit as much as I can to get 100% in achievements (hahahaha yeah, right).

Piko
11-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I have a feeling that hunting will take some getting used to.

Edit

I'm really in no rush to finish. I'm most likely going straight into multiplayer when I get Halo anyway. So I'll probably switch between the two until I finish this.

Wretchedest
11-01-2012, 05:34 PM
This game is sloppy as fuck. Checkpointing is retarded, fail conditions are often unreasonable, and as usual, the contextualvmapping makes it difficult to acconplish what your trying to do sometimes. The load times make the checkpointing even more frustrating, if it keeps up ill be returning the game....

Space Suicide
11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
This game is sloppy as fuck. Checkpointing is retarded, fail conditions are often unreasonable, and as usual, the contextualvmapping makes it difficult to acconplish what your trying to do sometimes. The load times make the checkpointing even more frustrating, if it keeps up ill be returning the game....

Checkpointing kinda makes me upset when you fail and have to go all the way back to the start of the objective. Unreasonable how? Only reason I've failed anything is due to wandering off or getting my ass handed to me in a one on ten man fight.

How so?

Load times aren't an issue for me. Or maybe I don't care that much.

Maybe install the game to the HDD for smoother load times?

I'm having no real major issues or gripes with this game.

Wretchedest
11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Unreasonable in the sense of how easy it is to get caught and how shotty some mechanics are. I guess im just use to games now that allow multiple approaches. So when i face a hard reset to the beginning of a mission after already completing a tedious, uninteresting objective i get pretty pissed. Especially if its because the mechani s failed to work, or i got spotted just one time. Also: objectives in games should not be uninteresting and tedious.

Also this game has that really annoying habit of playing a cutscene, and then having you run for ten seconds/minutes only to start another cutscene. Just play through the cutscenes to the end! Thats not interactive story telling! Its pushing a buttom here and there.

That said i do enjoy the overall story in spite of bad writing and voice acting. Its got a nice vobem and when the game actually lets you play its pretty nice.

october_midnight
11-01-2012, 10:50 PM
What you're saying, and more and more reviews like this (http://www.nowgamer.com/xbox-360/xbox360-reviews/1656860/assassins_creed_3_review.html) that are popping up (not just reviews saying 'durrr. it sucks.' but actually going in depth as to why it's just not as good as the previous ones despite some good points) have made me still hold off on buying this. I probably still will once I can find it on craigslist for like $30 but even then...it doesn't sound promising once you sidestep all the hype and fanboys.

Space Suicide
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
I think it's the best since II. I don't think Ubisoft will ever Top ACII as hard they try.

The game is good, fun and daunting in some areas but it's a great story and has some cool angles in this era of history. The game gets a solid 8 or 9 out of 10 from me.

It is HOWEVER grossly overrated and overhyped though. It's good but it's not that good.

Beat Sequence 8 this afternoon. 4 more to go.

Wretchedest
11-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Im not saying its bad, and in many ways i like it more than the previous ones. I just think some of the missio ns are too structured and to leashy.

I think the best thing about it is also the worst thing about it. The game takes about 8 hours to let you off the leash. And its because the story places a heavy emphasis on story building and character development. It doesnt have to, but it totaly sacrifices gameplay until it stops doing this. I respect the game for trying here. A lot. But i wish some better script writers and actors would have been hired, in which case this section would feel more justified...

Sequence 5 which takes place 4-5 hours into the game is called "training begins". Even my wife facepalmed.

Space Suicide
11-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Im not saying its bad, and in many ways i like it more than the previous ones. I just think some of the missio ns are too structured and to leashy.

I think the best thing about it is also the worst thing about it. The game takes about 8 hours to let you off the leash. And its because the story places a heavy emphasis on story building and character development. It doesnt have to, but it totaly sacrifices gameplay until it stops doing this. I respect the game for trying here. A lot. But i wish some better script writers and actors would have been hired, in which case this section would feel more justified...

Sequence 5 which takes place 4-5 hours into the game is called "training begins". Even my wife facepalmed.

I liked playing as Haytham and playing as young Connor was neccessary slightly but I do agree, it took quite forever to finally don the Assassin's outfit. There's 12 Sequences and in the Assassin's attire you only play 7 of them. Standard game size.

I don't really care for the detection. I killed a guy that was facing me and he had no yellow meter above his head yet I still failed as I was detected? WTF? I killed him fast and swift with no alerts yet I failed because I didn't get him from behind. I don't recall the other games being like that.

I don't like the combat system in this game. I preferred the old one from ACII-Revelations.

Oh well.

Piko
11-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I've yet to find any real gripes yet (sequence 6). Its different. A little buggy, but it's nothing that really affects my opinion of the game. And I could care less of what outfits they wear. I'm happy either way. Only gripe is (,again) the lack of Desmond. When will we have a game when we can actually play as him? So far his parts are pretty much just filler parts between sequences.

Wretchedest
11-02-2012, 03:11 PM
A lot of it is the fault of the advertising, which only shows off your time as adult connor. So you spend the tine leading up to tgat under the assumption your still at a prologue to the "real game. If it werent for that expectation i probably would have taken more time with kenway and young connor. Still im glad a game had the balls to slow roll like that.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-02-2012, 03:53 PM
I have te to beat the game, or come even close, but hasn't it been said time and time again that this is the last game involving Desmond? If so, it's kind of a bummer that there's not more Desmond in this. I was looking forward to that, too.

I guess they haven't come up with a way to show us that assassins stand up to modern weapons, technology, and building design yet?

Piko
11-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Where did anyone say this is Desmond's final game? I don't think it is. I've yet to finish the game though.

Wretchedest
11-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Theyve been saying it all over the place.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-03-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/22/assassins-creed-3-will-wrap-up-desmonds-story-ubisoft/

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?news=1863&game=Assassins Creed 3&title=Assassins Creed 3 To Be Desmonds Last

It's kind of a bummer, but I guess I can see where they're coming from with wanting to end it. :/ At least this way we can look forward to (presumably) an entirely new batch of characters in the next game, that'll be pretty cool. The fact that they're getting the hang of utilizing the outdoors is a good sign, too, right? Wasn't that one of they big hurdles for taking the franchise to certain time periods/settings?

Piko
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Finished AC3 last night. All I have to say is WTF?! Great game though. Might toy around with the naval missions now before shelving it. Maybe the MP. Not a huge priority though...

Conan The Barbarian
11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Well that ending lacked. Kinda disappointing.

Space Suicide
11-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Still need to finish the last two sequences but between Hitman, various fighters, Black Ops II, Halo 4 and now Forza Horizon not sure when I will. Agh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Spoilers regarding the game post-final sequence:

What the fuck are pivots or The Cloud? Anyone? I mean, I know they let me access "cheats" for the animus after Desmond's death, but who the hell is the person doing it? Has anyone else collected them all?

Conan The Barbarian
11-29-2012, 09:54 PM
I still dont know what they are, I just ignore them.

Wretchedest
11-29-2012, 10:37 PM
They're just cheats, the end.

flavor wise

in the vita game, its made clear that abstergo leases out animus use to the public for recreation, which could be what the guy talking about them is referring to

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I know they were cheats. But the fact that they basically introduce some unknown character that specifically has a reason for doing this obviously means that there's sooomething more to them. I couldn't care less about the cheats part. I wanna know what the story is with it.

This is Assassin's Creed we're talking about here. They wouldn't have made it a thing if it wasn't a thing worth bringing into the game. Specifically after the death of the main character, no less.

Space Suicide
12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Assassin's Creed III: Hidden Secrets DLC (http://www.trueachievements.com/n11614/assassins-creed-iii-hidden-secrets-dlc-revealed.htm)

You know, I'm kind of disappointed in this news. I didn't waste money on the season pass but I find it rather appalling that they're releasing pre-order material as part of the pass. I'm glad it's being released since store exclusive things are a lame practice with no benefit to the company or consumer.

I have the Mayan Ruins and Sawtooth Sword DLC and yet to have used the sword or played the mission. Go fig.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-06-2012, 09:30 PM
The Mayan Ruins thing was so weak...I didn't feel like I really did anything. I don't even use the sword that often. But really, them including the already-released DLC as the first part of the season pass. Inevitable, sure, but still. You'd think they would have at least made the first release something brand new, THEN roll out the stuff that was pre-order exclusive.

I still think I'll be saving some money by just buying some of the DLC as it comes. I have a feeling a good chunk of it will be multiplayer-oriented, and I haven't brought myself to play AC multiplayer yet, so I'll probably pass on new maps and costumes and junk. (Maybe I will after finals next week?)

But as long as they don't take a page from Uncharted 3's book and release a new map/patch/costume/anything every 45 fucking minutes, they're fine. :P

october_midnight
02-07-2013, 12:07 PM
New AC officially announced, will star a completely new character in a new time period. (http://kotaku.com/5982505/?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

Space Suicide
02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
New AC officially announced, will star a completely new character in a new time period. (http://kotaku.com/5982505/?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)

No thanks, I think I'm done after III.

kdrcraig
02-07-2013, 02:48 PM
I still have to get through Revelations and III, think I'll be giving the series a rest after that. Too many games to play and these haven't been at the top of my list for a while. I doubt I'll get through either of them before the next one comes out.

Piko
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm all for a new one - in 2014. Just wonder what they're going to do considering the ending of AC3.

october_midnight
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (http://www.gamespot.com/news/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-revealed-6404481)

Wretchedest
02-26-2013, 01:19 PM
So, I hotly anticipate a japanese/ninja assassin's creed and i get pirates? such a slap in the face.

i'm sure it'll be good though.

october_midnight
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Upon first reading it, I was hoping you'd jump in the Animus and take over Henry Rollins.

Maury
02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey so this might be a good place to ask. I'm not reading the rest of the thread for fear of spoilers, but: I have been playing AC2, and I have Brotherhood in shrink wrap waiting to be played. My question is: should I bother? Or should I just jump straight to AC3 and return brotherhood to the store for credit? I'm somewhat interested in the stories and the bits of history, but I'm curious if it's worth my time.

october_midnight
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
New details about AC IV:

- The main character is Edward Kenway, the father of Haytham Kenway from AC III. Described as 'a privateer, assassin, and occasional pirate'.
- The game will be set in the Caribbean, with the player visiting multiple locations including Jamaica, Cuba, and the Bahamas.
- Currently running current gen technology, though Ubisoft plans to also launch the game on the next gen consoles.
- Darby McDevitt, whose previous credits include a few AC titles, is the lead scriptwriter.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/02/original2-610x1082.jpg

kdrcraig
02-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Hey so this might be a good place to ask. I'm not reading the rest of the thread for fear of spoilers, but: I have been playing AC2, and I have Brotherhood in shrink wrap waiting to be played. My question is: should I bother? Or should I just jump straight to AC3 and return brotherhood to the store for credit? I'm somewhat interested in the stories and the bits of history, but I'm curious if it's worth my time.

I enjoyed Brotherhood, I'd say it's worth playing since you won't get dick for it if you trade it in.

Maury
02-27-2013, 04:18 PM
What about Revelations? I guess what I'm curious about is whether the storyline continues throughout them (Even just the animus stuff and whatnot).

Space Suicide
02-28-2013, 07:37 AM
Pirates? Looks like they want that Naval Shit everyone loved from III to be at the forefront. I didn't give a flying shit for those sequences, hated them to be honest. One reason why I'm still stuck at Sequence 11 I guess.

Not buying this. III was my last.

kdrcraig
02-28-2013, 08:08 AM
What about Revelations? I guess what I'm curious about is whether the storyline continues throughout them (Even just the animus stuff and whatnot).

I haven't played Revelations yet but as far as I know the story continues through all of them.

Wretchedest
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Interesting that they went right for "4" instead of the tweener titles we're used to. You have to wonder if this will be a next gen title.

And its interesting competition for watch dogs, which is essentially a modern day assasilsins creed. One or the other will be pushed back, im sure.

october_midnight
02-28-2013, 11:54 AM
And its interesting competition for watch dogs, which is essentially a modern day assasilsins creed. One or the other will be pushed back, im sure.

Hmmm I hadn't even really made that Watch Dogs - Assassin's Creed comparison...good catch. To be honest I'm more excited for Watch Dogs than I've ever been for any AC game; not saying they aren't good games...just my opinion.

Also, official details are to be announced Monday.

Game map:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18fvm51xvtkbwjpg/original.jpg

Wretchedest
02-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Me too, but some of that is Watch Dogs' next gen digs, and some of it is my contentious relationship with the AC series.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Interesting that they went right for "4" instead of the tweener titles we're used to. You have to wonder if this will be a next gen title.

It kinda seems like they're going for both. I mean...if it was really the next brand-new AC, they would have just straight up called it AC4, without the "Black Flag" tacked on. I don't know. Something tells me that they're trying to pull a crafty one by saying "technically, it's a new hero, and therefore a new game, blerdy bler," which is fine - if they can make it a good game. But if it's just going to be naval combat-heavy, then this might be the first AC game I rent before I buy.

But it's still way too early to decide, so I'll wait until we get some more deets. I think the main reason I have a bitter taste about it so far is that it's not really a huge departure at all from AC3 - Still playing a Kenway, inevitably lots of naval combat, takes place in an area not-too-far from North America...I'm sure it'll make more sense once we know more about the game and how it'll tie in with the events in AC3.

I guess I'll just have to see what this trailer's all about!

october_midnight
03-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Fuck, that didn't take long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_njXXSqlLk&feature=player_embedded

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Didn't take long for it to get pulled, either. :\

october_midnight
03-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Try this. (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxwq9a_assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-premiere-bande-annonce_videogames?search_algo=2#.UTJxgjezmn4)

They usually pull YouTube way before they get around to Dailymotion...

Conan The Barbarian
03-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Being cuban, I will gladly play this game. Not everyday My homeland is featured in a game.

I like this series despite its lackluster ending with the Desmond character.

Wretchedest
03-02-2013, 04:06 PM
that's not in engine... right?

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Wow, the movie cuts look freaking amazing. Way too soon for a new AC game, but I like the whole pirate theme going on here.

dlb
03-06-2013, 04:18 AM
hmm, I'm still on AC3 which I don't really enjoy the way I wanted to and after being sceptical about the setting at first this looks pretty neat!

I wonder how long it will take until the first Pirates of the Carribean easter-eggs pop up though. :P

Piko
03-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Still not sure how I feel about them calling it AC4. I enjoyed AC3, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it. But, I agree, it's way too soon. Buy I rather another Assassin's Creed than a Call of Duty, any day.

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-06-2013, 11:56 AM
I agree. I almost want them to just take the Uncharted route. Release a game, spend a couple years perfecting the next one, and repeat. Calling this AC4 and giving it a little sub-title name just leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Jinsai
03-06-2013, 12:31 PM
How does anyone manage to play all these games? I can't believe they're already talking about (and showing trailers) for part 4.

ibanez33
03-17-2013, 04:40 PM
The whole franchise is on a Steam sale for 50-75% off today, you can get all 5 plus some extra stuff for $65, fucking sweet deal.

october_midnight
03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJT1EGcCelc&feature=youtu.be

october_midnight
06-10-2013, 07:19 PM
New trailer. I approve of the music too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA_s8YPCEHI

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-10-2013, 07:36 PM
I knew it was only a matter of time before you noticed, heh. I also like this one, the song's beautiful. Even if you don't like the games, you can't deny that they have a track record for pairing some awesome music with these trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS9-kBECE10

october_midnight
07-10-2013, 02:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dWyaZEbbHE&feature=youtu.be

Space Suicide
07-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Meh, I'll pass on this. I think I'm done with this series. I don't care anymore.

october_midnight
07-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Pretty sure someone trolled the Canadian BestBuy page. (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-playstation-4-best-buy-exclusive/10259161.aspx?path=b21945a1c5c092ff20cbb1e49fc06eb 9en02)

Is that Rollins?

Space Suicide
07-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Pretty sure someone trolled the Canadian BestBuy page. (http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-playstation-4-best-buy-exclusive/10259161.aspx?path=b21945a1c5c092ff20cbb1e49fc06eb 9en02)

Is that Rollins?

Yes, it is Henry Rollins. Amusing.

october_midnight
07-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Yes. I was amused by it as well.

Thiah
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Got platinum on Assassin's Creed II today. I never want to see another feather ever.

october_midnight
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Next-gen environments look fantastic. Glad I decided to make this one of the games I preordered...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQTq1zzuVQg

Space Suicide
09-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Liberation is coming as a downloadable game to all consoles.

ericy210
09-24-2013, 09:30 PM
So will th boats be fun? I'm really digging AC2 from xbox "free with gold" but I'm not up for a bost sim. What do you think?

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Can whoever decided to put Drake's obnoxious ass on the latest Black Flag trailer please be fired? Out of a cannon? Into the Sun?

STAH-TED FROM THA BOTTOM NAH WEH HEH!

thelastdisciple
11-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Black Flags sure is immense...sheesh... and i haven't even made it to Nassau... still so much to explore..

This is the first Assassin's Creed game I've played since the first one.

The ship handling takes a bit of getting used to but it's interesting how they went about it.

One thing that really pisses me off with this game though, why the hell can't you just stay in a sneaking mode.. like you know when you're within the foliage and moving around all crouched and sneaky like why the heck can't you just continue moving like that even if you're out of cover instead of standing up as straight as a board like a fucking derp because I've had situations where the foliage stops just shy of some boxes and barrels, things of that nature.... stuff you'd probably like to hide behind but no as soon as you're out of the plants you stand up and blow your cover.

I get it, be quick and fast on your feet but calculated and it shouldn't be a problem but if they expect you to be stealthy that kind of stuff just doesn't make sense.

Piko
11-11-2013, 08:17 AM
The game is pretty massive. Possibly the best since AC2. And yeah, a crouch button is long overdue. It's not the end of the world though.

thelastdisciple
11-11-2013, 05:15 PM
I wish it was kind of like Hitman where you could take disguises too. I mean there's no real reason why you COULDN'T be like the Sam Fisher or Agent 47 of the Middle Ages/Golden Age of Piracy...

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Yeah, the new one's definitely a breath of fresh air, surprisingly, even in the modern side of the storyline. It caught me WAY off guard when you meet (some of you know who) when you start delivering messages to the courier, and I kinda like where they might be going with the Instruments of the First Will, now that the world isn't ending, after AC3.

I'm just super surprised by it. I didn't think the naval aspect of the game would pull me in after AC3, but it's really great. Harpooning is challenging, treasure hunting and battles and exploring are fun, and the game has a way of taking a few repetitive things and recycled natural elements and disguising them in a way that it always feels new anyway. I'm seeing a few people online saying it's the best one (in terms of bringing new life to the franchise) since AC2, and I don't think that could be any more true. If I had the cash, I'd buy it, straight up, but for now, I'm just milking this rental for as long as I can. Isn't Best Buy selling brand new copies on Black Friday for $35 or some shit? I might have to get on that.

OH, and the shanties. I love the shanties. Both versions of the soundtrack (Original score version and sea shanty version) are up on iTunes, and they make everything you do feel like you're a pirate.

While I'm here, what does everyone else who's played the game think of the connection to Watch Dogs/ctOS/the unnamed character you play as in the modern storyline? If you don't know what I'm talking about, just google it and you'll find all the info you need.

thelastdisciple
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
One of my favorite things while playing AC4 was sneaking on to an enemy ship during a mission, climbing up the mast undetected and assassinating my target from above.

GavinCollins420
11-27-2013, 10:22 PM
I just finished AC3's main storyline. What a covoluted mess. Gives Metal Gear Solid a run for it's money!
Blast of a game though. Still got many a side-mission to do. Can't wait to start on AC4.

Wretchedest
11-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Everyone keeps saying that but i thought it had easily the best story of the series even if 2 had better gameplay and was better paced. I loved how they slow rolled the introduction of Hathan and Connor and gave substantial time for us to meet and understand them both. And through connor we getvthe story of native american trying to find his place and fight for freedom in the revolutionary war only to be constantly brushed aside and ultimately left with nothing.

Also: tomahawks.

GavinCollins420
11-28-2013, 01:53 AM
I'm totally down with everything that occurs inside the Animus. Revolutionary America is heaps of fun, and the Haytham swerve had me laughing, but everything outside of it? What was that all about? I think I would've enjoyed it a hell of a lot more had the Desmond segments not been so...silly.

october_midnight
03-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Leaked screenshots apparently indicate at least part of this fall's AC will be set in 18th century Paris. (http://kotaku.com/leaked-images-reveal-one-of-this-falls-two-assassins-1547111652)

Wretchedest
03-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Great. Yet another Western/European setting...

october_midnight
03-21-2014, 10:35 AM
Apparently the leak (and title) was legit...Ubisoft obviously felt it and decided to release this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQng7EkJHOI

Space Suicide
03-21-2014, 10:49 AM
I wonder if the Hunchback of Notre Dame will be a cameo character.

Denoting from the title of this and absence of a numeral in it, it'll be probably only a one off game.

I hope the series gets more modern. How cool would it be to be an Assassin in the 1900's?

thelastdisciple
03-21-2014, 11:52 AM
I want more Pirate lore. they MUST spin off with a series focused on that.

october_midnight
03-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I want more Pirate lore. they MUST spin off with a series focused on that.

A few months back, they sent out a mass survey (think it was on their site too) with questions like 'Where would you want to see future AC games set in?' etc. to gauge interest...interestingly, they also had a section with questions basically asking 'Not under the AC moniker, but would you be interested in us doing a full blown open world pirate game?' with questions like what the public would like to see in it, and so on. So I wouldn't be too surprised to at least see a solid pirate game from them, but whether or not it's tied in with Black Flag...not sure.

dlb
03-22-2014, 06:41 AM
I'd love an AC set before World War I, basically having you go all around Europe and into the colonial territories. At least that would allow a variety of settings and provide a good story with lots of politics and enough conspiracies to fit the themes of AC into them.

Space Suicide
03-22-2014, 08:44 AM
I'd love an AC set before World War I, basically having you go all around Europe and into the colonial territories. At least that would allow a variety of settings and provide a good story with lots of politics and enough conspiracies to fit the themes of AC into them.

There were rumors the next game (or something, who knows) would take place in late 1800's/early 1900's Russia with possibly this man (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Nikolai_Orelov) as your protagonist.

thelastdisciple
06-11-2014, 03:39 PM
I was thinking about the new AC Unity and how it's set during the French Revolution and i wondered if we'd possibly see The Three Musketeers characters because i was sure they were a thing around that point in time but i guess it's a bit off since they were around in the 1600s and not the 1700s....

Considering the new co-op feature i think they missed a massive opportunity to delve into that history and wrap it around the Assassin/Templar story.

I know the Musketeers as they are known in the book as Athos, Porthos, and Aramis are fictional but they were based on real dudes but besides it's not like every character in AC was a real person, there are plenty of fictional takes and reinterpretations so why not right?

Wretchedest
06-11-2014, 05:10 PM
I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot of what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.

r_z
06-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Well, that is Ubisoft. Always has been.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-23-2014, 08:56 PM
For fuck's sake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BATKaNOe9s0

REALLY? And it's nearly two minutes long with 9 seconds of CGI/non-gameplay footage from the actual game? This feels REALLY gross...

Edit: Video Game Pre-Ordering Jumps 17 Sharks, Lands On Face. (http://kotaku.com/video-game-pre-ordering-jumps-17-sharks-lands-on-face-1595048735?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow)

october_midnight
08-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Looks pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtRXXmseZgI

Space Suicide
08-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Definite buy for me.

thelastdisciple
08-15-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm excited for Rogue way more than i am Unity.

ImTheWiseJanitor
11-21-2014, 08:30 PM
I was at work, and this guy in the room was playing Unity on Xbox One. I asked him how it was, and he immediately answered "It's awful," and spent another 30 minutes going into detail about why. I've hardly heard a single piece of positive news about Unity - Only reports about glitches and patches and microtransactions and all that. For anyone here, is it really that bad? (For what it's worth, my hype for Unity, or Rogues for that matter, has been...essentially dead.)

I don't wanna say I saw it coming or anything, but they HAD to expect something like this sooner or later once they decided to do at least one console game every year, which is hard to say, because I thought Black Flag was a fantastic step in the right direction. Can't they just release one completely finished and polished video game? Just one? It's okay to just go back to releasing one sequel to a franchise title every two or three years to make sure you get it right.

Piko
11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
It's not that bad. I actually really enjoy it. I absolutely hate the microtransactions though. So much good equipment that you would have to pay for. Aside from that, I have no real problems with it. The story isn't great, but not bad either. Gameplay is fun. I haven't experienced any bugs like others have. I've been having fun with though. It's not the best game in the series, and it's certainly not the worst. If you weren't a fan before, it may not impress you. I'm pretty far in, and i'd give it a 7/10, easily. Has it's faults, but it's really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Maybe people had high expectations for the first next gen AC game? It does a lot of things right. A massive world with tons to do. Side quests get repetitive, as always.

Obviously, the game doesn't come close to AC2. But seriously, who cares? You either like it, or you don't.

somethingelse
11-22-2014, 10:55 AM
the game doesn't come close to AC2. But seriously, who cares?

See, now this just confirms my thoughts that this franchise died with AC3.

Piko
11-22-2014, 11:00 AM
See, now this just confirms my thoughts that this franchise died with AC3.

What? Because it doesn't compare to the high pedestal that is AC2? I get that AC3 is a mixed bag (which I actually enjoy). Are you going to say Black Flag was terrible as well? Because that game was awesome.

Space Suicide
11-22-2014, 11:35 AM
I enjoy the co-op tromping around though. Me and my friend be killing people left and right fo sho. :p

Piko
11-25-2014, 09:32 AM
Finished the game last night. A little disappointed. It's like they had an idea on the story, but never finished it. Still, the game was fun.

Space Suicide
11-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Since the game is a glitchy piece of shit anyone who owns the game get's the Dead Kings campaign DLC for free just for buying the game. if you happened to buy the season pass then you are getting a free Ubisoft retail game for compensation (The Crew, Far Cry 4, Just Dance 2015, Watch_Dogs, Rayman Legends or Black Flag).

Speaking of which, I fully renovated the Cafe Theatre and I didn't get the achievement. Gah. Annoying. I want the easy 30 G but not enough to replay 3-5 sequences. It's bullshit.

Wretchedest
11-27-2014, 02:11 AM
I like the concept. I like the french revolution. What they've shown of hte game LOOKS good. But I watched one of the videos with the developers and a lot okf what they said was pretty concerning to me.

First, the obvious: there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Second: The developers did NOT seem confident about the state of the game. Paraphrasing what they said but it was a long the lines of "First we build a demo, then we build the rest of the game until it just releases" So basically, the development is actually driven by creating a neat video for E3 and then the rest of the game takes a back seat as we go hurling toward a fixed release date that is less than six months away....

That is very, very discouraging to hear.
quoting myself because look what happened!

I didnt think unity was a bad as it was cracked up to be. Actually it had some really great gameplay improvements and a huuuuge crazily detailed world with neat armor improvements that i actually wanted to buy. My biggest and only major gripe is that the controls are still so bad! Soooo bad.

Also i feel like the saddest thing about this franchise is that theres this oppurtunity to create this massive interlocking globe spanning story, and for some reason were always left with only vaguely related white people from Europe or america, all within the same few centuries. A few games have broken away from this and they have the best canon. I still like Arno. I heard Rogue is actually very good about this and i intend to play it soon.

Also if you get a free gane from season pass: Far Cry 4 is the real deal, go for that!

Piko
11-27-2014, 08:58 AM
I didn't have any problems with glitches. Not one. My only real gripe is the story.

Space Suicide
11-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I didn't have any problems with glitches. Not one. My only real gripe is the story.

I've been victim of:

Endless running loop glitch animations
Game crashes
Froze once during gameplay, had to restart game
Master Architect achievement not unlocking
Frame rate lock ups and sputtering
Lag on AND offline
Glitched into/through as building once having to fast travel to get out

I'm usually tolerant and not mad when it comes to this stuff but this game has pissed me off more than a few times because of this bullshit.

FYI, if you got the pass you get the free game. If you want buy pass and capitalize you can't as the pass is temporarily discontinued.

Piko
11-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Missed out on the pass. At least there's a free dlc. Hopefully they've learned from this. Giving away free dlc and games has to hurt.

Space Suicide
11-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Missed out on the pass. At least there's a free dlc. Hopefully they've learned from this. Giving away free dlc and games has to hurt.

Fine by me, companies need to stop doing this. It only hurts them in the end anyways.

I looked stuff up, for me to get that 30 G Master Architect achievement, I basically have to replay the game on a new save file and grind livres to get it upgraded again to hopefully unlock and register. Really hate to replay the same bullshit over again for fucking gamerscore that should've unlocked properly when I grinded the bullshit the first time.

october_midnight
12-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Or you could just forget about it, gamerscore is pointless.

Also, wasting literally no time whatsoever, next year's game is officially called Assassin's Creed: Victory (http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow) is set in Victorian era London. Looks impressive and I dig the time period...hope it doesn't suck like Unity.

Space Suicide
12-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Or you could just forget about it, gamerscore is pointless.

Also, wasting literally no time whatsoever, next year's game is officially called Assassin's Creed: Victory (http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow) is set in Victorian era London. Looks impressive and I dig the time period...hope it doesn't suck like Unity.

I probably will but it's still whack I got fucked out of it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Every year that it's not set in Japan is just one more year between now and the year that the game's set in Japan.

Also - The AC game in 2016 SHOULD be the proper Assassin's Creed 4, because if the next numbered game is "Assassin's Creed 5: __________," I'm gonna lose my fucking mind with this franchise.

Piko
12-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I don't think they're doing numbered titles anymore. Can't remember where I read that though.

Wretchedest
12-03-2014, 03:33 AM
Every year that it's not set in Japan is just one more year between now and the year that the game's set in Japan.

Also - The AC game in 2016 SHOULD be the proper Assassin's Creed 4, because if the next numbered game is "Assassin's Creed 5: __________," I'm gonna lose my fucking mind with this franchise.
My thought exactly. They should literally be called Assassins Creed: Still not Japan. Or Assassins Creed Still in Europe.

Maybe well luck out and the ganes will be actually polished by the time we get there.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-03-2014, 08:36 PM
I don't think they're doing numbered titles anymore. Can't remember where I read that though.

I really hope that's not the idea, because that can really only mean that they realized that their original plan was NOT going to work, and at this point are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even after GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas, they finally pulled through with GTA IV. I can only hope that Ubisoft does the same. Then, and only then, will I start thinking that they have an end game that they're working towards, and not just beating the horse to death.

Even if they can't do that, the LEAST they could do is release one complete game. Please. We can wait two whole years for a quality game. We've shown you this in the past.

Wretchedest
12-04-2014, 12:09 AM
I really hope that's not the idea, because that can really only mean that they realized that their original plan was NOT going to work, and at this point are just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks. Even after GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas, they finally pulled through with GTA IV. I can only hope that Ubisoft does the same. Then, and only then, will I start thinking that they have an end game that they're working towards, and not just beating the horse to death.

Even if they can't do that, the LEAST they could do is release one complete game. Please. We can wait two whole years for a quality game. We've shown you this in the past.

i cant imagine why you would think there's some sort of end game. The broader through line here suggests stream of consciousness writing at best. I think thats biggest dissapointment of these games. They offer an opportunity to explore endless cultures and time periods, while simultaneously tying together an absolutely epic storyline.

They squander both opportunities. The first by squandering there tine on white men in the same hooded uniform, almost entirely in europe. And taking place exclusively within the same 200 year timeline. The second by creating only the flimsiest connections between stories. There are so many waste opportunities to connect each story and create a broader more interesting conflict, and they simply do not do that.

Madmya
12-04-2014, 12:34 AM
I probably will but it's still whack I got fucked out of it.
Sometimes I just get an achievement days later. It's odd.

Space Suicide
12-04-2014, 10:01 AM
Sometimes I just get an achievement days later. It's odd.

It's been two weeks, no dice.

Madmya
12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
You're fucked. HTH

dlb
01-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Finally finished black flag yesterday and dear lord was it a bore in the end! I really liked the naval warfare, the setting and alot of the new elements, but being at Abstergo and not having a real story in the real world fell ultimately flat for me. I don't expect another Desmond but a mute and unnamed character you boringly stear around a pretty cold and uninteresting environment is pretty stale from the getgo.

At the moment I don't know if I want to play Unity or Rogue although there still is a certain urge to explore these new titles. I just barely made my way through AC3 aswell which started off great but got soooo boring in the end. AC2 was a beautifully crafted masterpeace that held me hostage right until the end. Even brotherhood was nice with revelations slowly setting of the downhill race for these games. They've become way too long and therefore repetitive and the story pretty much always becomes pretty neglectabale as it comes to a close. They should definitely take their time with the next title and come up with something massive again. I still find it amazing how nicely done these games are on the surface though, exploring has been fun with every single title, but that first feeling of amazement vanishes more quickly with every new game they put out.

october_midnight
02-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Marion Cotillard joins the cast of the movie, scheduled to release December 21st, 2016. (http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2015/02/13/marion-cotillard-joins-michael-fassbender-in-assassins-creed?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Marion Cotillard joins the cast of the movie, scheduled to release December 21st, 2016. (http://www.gotham-news.com/news/2015/02/13/marion-cotillard-joins-michael-fassbender-in-assassins-creed?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Mmmm. Please be wearing some kind of sexy Assassin outfit. <3

For real, though, in light of Assassin's Creed's...missteps lately, as a franchise, I'm really not sure how I feel about the movie anymore. I don't even care to play Unity or Rogue. :\ It's gone from "Hey, check out this awesome idea we have for a story/universe" to "Okay, how can we make some quick money off of AC this year?"

Mr. Blaileen
02-19-2015, 08:30 PM
I finished Unity yesterday. I really enjoyed it overall. I do miss the Juno-apocalyptic mystical element that was present in the first few games, though. They were just like "hey play through this memory sequence for us, would ya?"

I actually enjoyed those weird trippy puzzle-y sequences as Desmond that were present in ACII/III.

october_midnight
05-07-2015, 12:48 PM
May 12th official reveal.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/c_4X2QlcQcR1VSOAE8QFubWpC6w=/0x0:1920x1080/960x540/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/46293270/acvi_teaser.0.0.jpg

october_midnight
05-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Looks like the official title for the new game is now Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow).

october_midnight
05-12-2015, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAAH0W8Ehlk&feature=youtu.be

october_midnight
08-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch. Dec. 21, 2016

https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/09e65040c3fd16923aab811d4da2522ff4dc3a71.jpg

Mr. Blaileen
10-24-2015, 04:23 AM
I've never bought a season pass for anything before, but I've played all the past AC games and decided to get this one. I've loved all the games so far (for the most part, warts and all), and though I have my gripes about where they're taking the series, I felt like splurging. The Jack the Ripper DLC stuff looks neat. Hope it's worth it. So far, really liking the game. Paris was nice and pretty to look at in Unity, but I love the gritty, slummy, dreary London displayed in this game. The British accents are also pretty fun to listen to. The gameplay is more or less the same, with a few tweaks. The combat system seems a little more complicated, but versatile. So far, so good.

Thiah
10-29-2015, 04:57 AM
Syndicate is really good. But then again, I really liked 3 and didn't really care for 2 that much.

october_midnight
10-29-2015, 08:45 AM
About 15% synch in and Syndicate is really great. Of course there are still minor gripes with movement and getting stuck on the odd thing, etc. but it feels moreso like a game where the devs literally sat in a room and said "Ok, what has worked well? That goes in. What has sucked ass? Leave that out."

Thiah
10-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I hope they have taken the past criticism to heart and this really feels like a great game so far.

Mr. Blaileen
11-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Loving this game even more now that I've had a chance to play it some more. There's something really neat that happens somewhere in the middle too. The game is almost too easy, though. The guards are so spread out that it's really easy to just annihilate an area and do whatever you need to do quickly and easily. Minor gripe, though. Really fun game. Can't wait to keep going for more of it.

Other minor gripe: I used to enjoy when it would let you press (select) or whatever it is on the XBox to access the encyclopedic entry for whatever feature or landmark you were near. Now they just populate in the database as you move past them, but you have to stop, hit start, select it from the menu, and read it. I find myself running past everything without knowing the significance of the places I'm going.

Jinsai
11-07-2015, 01:28 PM
maybe if they worked twice as hard on these games, and released them half as often, I'd be interested in picking one up again. At this point there's no way I'm going to even attempt to catch up.

Wretchedest
11-08-2015, 04:11 PM
Certainly both enjoyable and functional, however the fact that the controls are this wonky after nine years is baffling. Get your shit together AC!

The story is a little weak especially compared to Unity and Black Flag. Part of it is i just hate Jacob Frye. I hated Edward Kenway, but you were ki.d of supposed to, and then watch hin grow and become likable. I like Evie a lot but seems like shes taking a back seat.

They could really step up the present day sequences, itseems all tongue and cheek like a mission impossible with more bros. Itd be neat if it felt like present day had some weight, and some real connection to the events of the main game. These games are good, but they could be great.

Thiah
11-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Jacob is like a douchier version of Ezio.

Mr. Blaileen
11-17-2015, 07:20 PM
Finished it today. Great game, but the ending was a little anti-climactic. There was a lot of build up and a lot of searching for the shroud, and it only showed up for just a few minutes of the game. The very very last cutscene showing the modern stuff and the shroud was really interesting, though. Now I have to wait a month for the Jack the Ripper stuff, I guess. I completed all the side missions before I finished the main story.

BenAkenobi
11-18-2015, 07:32 AM
I'm looking at a bundle called The Americas Collection which consists of of III, IV and Liberation HD - worth twenty bucks?

october_midnight
01-04-2016, 03:01 PM
So, apparently a dev spilled the beans on the next AC online, and Kotaku confirms that it matches what their 'sources' have said for a while too. Key points:

- Not out until 2017. Series fatigue, want more time to develop and polish it. Proof will be, as the leak says, when there's no word at this year's E3 at all.
- Code name "Assassin's Creed: Empire". Set in ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. Story possibly set before the Assassins or Templars even existed. Basically a prequel to all AC's.
- Complete revamp of the series. Going for a 'Witcher' feel...player progression, freeform combat.
- Horses and boats are back.
- Not much to climb outside vilages (a la Black Flag).
- Made by the Black Flag team.
- Lot less recycling of major elements of the gameplay itself.
- Character is a slave or ex-slave, looks similar to Altair but with darker skin. Will have a pet eagle to control and send on 'scouting' type missions, etc.
- One of the biggest differences the leak says is how colorful it already looks, blue skies, lush vegetation, desert mirage sequences.
- PC, PS4, and Xbox One only.
- Map size is 3x Black Flag, don't have to load cities, villages, etc. Everything is seamless.
- Online co-op completely cut from the series for the time being, doubtful to ever return.
- (as to why no Japan/China settings yet): Still in the works, not even close to Alpha. Not sure if it'll be the next one. 'Those in charge' don't seem to think the game mechanics would work in that setting...still working on making it happen though.

Obviously grain of salt.

Liquid_Bastard
01-04-2016, 10:34 PM
It sounds potentially awesome. I've been forcing myself to keep liking this franchise for awhile. After Black Flag, I kind of lost interest. For me, it was a combination of them ditching the Desmond story line, the shittiness of AC3, all the fuck ups I've heard about Unity, and definitely them putting out a game every year with a less-than-stellar story. The last AC I genuinely enjoyed was Brotherhood. Revelations was OK but the ending felt so abrupt and just left me thinking "What the fuck? That's it?" I've been tempted to check out Syndicate. Is it worth it?

Piko
01-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Haven't played the last one yet. Kinda glad they're taking their time on the new one. The yearly releases are a little much.

bruised
01-06-2016, 02:24 PM
I have never played an AC game, but I got the China one for $10 and love it. I know it's not the same style as the other games from what I've seen, but I'm def gonna buy syndicate now. It may be on sale too...

october_midnight
05-09-2016, 01:51 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13177802_892865754156832_1698394123102930541_n.jpg ?oh=aaad2c7239dda25ba9c93959fa7de571&oe=57ADEF1D

october_midnight
05-10-2016, 01:18 PM
More shots...and first trailer drops tomorrow.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/t/5731fb86f85082142b12a702/1462893449514/?format=1000w

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53323bb4e4b0cebc6a28ffa2/t/57320784f8baf3608dd0e937/1462896533358/Assassins+Creed?format=750w

october_midnight
05-11-2016, 11:12 PM
http://youtu.be/gfJVoF5ko1Y

thelastdisciple
05-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Looks promising, his characters are supposed to be exclusive to the film right?

Aside from the different looking "jack in" contraption, seems on point. (who is really to say that all Abstergo facilities are the same anyways?)

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-11-2016, 11:31 PM
I really, really, REALLY want this to work. But 98.9% of all video game adaptations in history indicate that it could still be otherwise.

Wretchedest
05-12-2016, 09:48 AM
This looks somehow more plotless than any of the games. Weird.

october_midnight
05-12-2016, 09:57 AM
......wat.