PDA

View Full Version : NIN Secret show?

heavenly_bearded
06-10-2013, 09:05 AM
http://www.93x.com/common/page.php?pt=Win+Your+Way+into+NIN&id=15443&is_corp=0

93X is giving away tickets to the St. Paul show 3 times a day at 7:30, 10:30, and 3:30. Along with winning tickets, you are entered to win "The NIN Experience". "You and a friend will fly to a secret NIN show. Includes airfare, hotel, 2 tickets into the show."

I have tried looking all over to maybe get a hint, can find nothing.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/newNINbridge_zps183dd683.jpg (http://s389.photobucket.com/user/sexmachine23_photos/media/newNINbridge_zps183dd683.jpg.html)

Sorry if this is already being discussed somewhere, I could not find it.

fillow
06-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Sweet! With Teeth band is back!

Krazy
06-10-2013, 09:19 AM
I know for LITS they had a rehearsal show(s), I think at The Forum in LA. There were some fans that were able to go to it.

In the bonus features of TOIOU there are a couple of alternate visuals that ended up on there from those rehearsals. Good bet this is probably the same thing.

jessamineny
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
I'll just leave this here (https://twitter.com/jessamineny/status/342434547096502274)

pukkelpop
06-10-2013, 11:00 AM
damn, i hope they'd pay a flight from Belgium aswell.

ryanmcfly
06-10-2013, 11:13 AM
It sucks that you have to win tickets to the show in St Paul first, and that qualifies you to enter the contest for the Secret show.

theimage13
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Before a tour that size starts, bands will usually hold production rehearsals in an arena (and often in the same city as their first show). They're designed to give all the crews - lighting, video, sound, etc - time to figure out exactly how all their gear needs to be set up in order to make the show run as efficiently as possible, and they generally end with a few days of (more or less) dress rehearsals. So a production day could be the "secret show".

It's also possible that they've booked a small venue somewhere and are doing something more intimate just for the heck of it. Either way, all I know is that I don't actually know ​anything about this gig.

heavenly_bearded
06-10-2013, 11:22 AM
I'll just leave this here (https://twitter.com/jessamineny/status/342434547096502274)

Oh wow, jessamineny the great and powerful psychic! I will be at these 2 Las Vegas shows, was I in this dream at all? Remember any other details about the show? Or powerball numbers?

My cursor was over that facepalm button until I saw the smiley...

\/\/\/

jessamineny
06-10-2013, 11:29 AM
lawl, OK... It was definitely a secret show, not a scheduled show. I was late (???). The entrance reminded me of the Palladium's back entrance. There was balcony seating, including a VIP section. Didn't see you there, HB. :D

jessamineny
06-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Welp, the Toronto radio station is giving away tickets (http://www.edge.ca/Contests/EdgeAdventure/nineinchnails/index.aspx) to the second Las Vegas show. Heh

Alvetica
06-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I know for LITS they had a rehearsal show(s), I think at The Forum in LA. There were some fans that were able to go to it.

I had to camp out a strip club to get tickets for that one.

Scarlet Siren
06-10-2013, 02:25 PM
damn, i hope they'd pay a flight from Belgium aswell.

Or Scotland! :o

GavinCollins420
06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Or Scotland! :o

Let us pray.

Scarlet Siren
06-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Let us pray.

*clinks can of Irn-Bru to that*

Outwith the Belfast and Festival shows HAS to be something happening this year.... right?!?

JessicaSarahS
06-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Just got an email for this contest: http://live105.cbslocal.com/2013/06/14/take-your-dad-to-outside-lands/

"PLUS one lucky winner will score a trip to an intimate Nine Inch Nails tour rehearsal in a secret location!"

heavenly_bearded
06-15-2013, 12:32 AM
I am watching those teeth on the bottom of the tourpage like a hawk. 36 teeth, 33 dates. Knowing NIN and company, it has to mean something. That or something inside me is always looking for ARG...

Miss.Selfdestruct
06-17-2013, 01:46 PM
The wording and image on that radio station page make it seem like it's for a 2009 show...

heavenly_bearded
06-21-2013, 11:19 PM
1 hint given to me today.

93X announced a winner today for the "NIN Experience". They did not say where, but they did say when... It will be the final show of the tour. I asked my friends over at the station, it is not the final scheduled show. It is not on the schedule. So...

jessamineny
06-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Huh. Back during LITS, they were going to do one "extra" show on the tour (http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719) (I assume tacked onto the end) and film it for the 3D James Cameron film that never happened, and give away all the tickets to fans. I wonder if they're filming this tour and resurrecting that idea.

heavenly_bearded
06-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Huh. Back during LITS, they were going to do one "extra" show on the tour (http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719) (I assume tacked onto the end) and film it for the 3D James Cameron film that never happened, and give away all the tickets to fans. I wonder if they're filming this tour and resurrecting that idea.

This thought also crossed my mind. Whatever this is, it is a done deal. There is at least 1 winner of this package already. I am not sure how many 93X had. Wish I knew the person who won so I could ask for any info.

And looks like 93X updated the page:
http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo340/sexmachine23_photos/newNINbridge_zps5abff146.jpg (http://s389.photobucket.com/user/sexmachine23_photos/media/newNINbridge_zps5abff146.jpg.html)

heavenly_bearded
06-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Also, just got off the phone with my guy, he says this is not just the last show on this tour. He says it is the last NIN show PERIOD. We all know how that goes...

jessamineny
06-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Heh. Is he not familiar with the tour schedule? :rolleyes:

Also of note: Strange how the stations we've reported here all seem to be giving away trips to different shows. San Francisco to a secret tour rehearsal, Toronto to the Nov. 16 Las Vegas show, Minnesota to a secret final show.

heavenly_bearded
06-22-2013, 12:09 AM
^^^
November 16th Las Vegas show you mean? I will be there :)

There are still more dates to be announced. If they are already giving out passes to a "final NIN show", those winners will be waiting for a long time...

jessamineny
06-22-2013, 12:21 AM
^^^
November 16th Las Vegas show you mean? I will be there :)

There are still more dates to be announced. If they are already giving out passes to a "final NIN show", those winners will be waiting for a long time...

Thanks. Edited. :)

And exactly what I mean. Those poor people in Minnesota will have to wait at least until after the 2014 European leg if they supposedly have tickets to the LAST NIN SHOW EVAH. (So I think we can be pretty sure they don't.)

heavenly_bearded
06-22-2013, 12:30 AM
I have listened to the stupid BS that they have said that is untrue for years now. Canceled Slayer shows that were never canceled. About every 2 months they announce that Tool is working on a new album even though there has not been one in 7 years(WTF I am getting old). Point being, I take everything they say with a grain of salt. Assclown DJ announces that Tom Araya is dead when Jeff Hanneman Died. Tom Araya is alive and well. I called the station to make sure they fix their error and had a few choice unkind words to throw in.

Seems to me they don't ever know what the fuck they are talking about.

otnavuskire
06-22-2013, 07:29 AM
About every 2 months they announce that Tool is working on a new album even though there has not been one in 12 years(WTF I am getting old).

So old that you forgot how to do math, eh? :)

heavenly_bearded
06-22-2013, 05:48 PM
So old that you forgot how to do math, eh? :)

Fixed thanks. 12 is the new 7 if you haven't heard :)

ibanez33
06-22-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm still confused about why they're using a press photo of the line-up from With Teeth for this contest. They couldn't get a picture from the last tour with Trent & Robin & Ilan?

armorer
06-22-2013, 10:31 PM
The remote possibility of winning NIN tickets is still not enough to get me to listen to that garbage station.

ninlive
06-23-2013, 12:52 AM
I was able to win a chance to go to the rehearsal show before the tour with a local radio station in Michigan. I will know on Monday if I won the tickets. I'd flip if so, obviously.

What I did get out of them is it's not in a major arena and that it will be in a rehearsal space. So the only two places that come to mind are their rehearsal space that they are at now in Burbank(?) or that Community College Art Center they did for Lights In The Sky out there (go to the picture where they had to re-calibrate the light show for the 2nd leg in South America, there is a geotag of it).

dunebug81
06-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Nice job Ryan! Keep us posted.

Powhatan
06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm still confused about why they're using a press photo of the line-up from With Teeth for this contest. They couldn't get a picture from the last tour with Trent & Robin & Ilan?

Radio stations arent even up on those type of details - nor do they really care - they just want the listeners and the people interested in the contest.

Powhatan
06-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Where in Burbank are they? Theres a ton of places that could be - studios and rehearsal spaces.

Krazy
06-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Enter to win here:

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/enter-to-win-the-ultimate-nine-inch-nails-experience/

And if any of you fuckers win this because of the link I just posted, you're obligated to take me with. :D

heavenly_bearded
06-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Hmmmm. Rumors afloat...

Krazy
06-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Dammit people, I may have read that contest wrong- I don't think it's the "secret show" like some other radio stations have and what this thread is about. Looks like it's a Grand Prize VIP treatment for the Staples Center show so my fault.

Oh well, hope someone here wins it.

suprefan
06-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Where in Burbank are they? Theres a ton of places that could be - studios and rehearsal spaces.

Probably down the street from my house.

Krazy
09-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Bump. Here is more info:

http://contest.cbslocal.com.s3.amazonaws.com/nin/index.html

sore_and_crucified
09-03-2013, 06:41 PM
US resident only, gay. However, anyone could get Scala tickets. Yes, I'm still bitter.

ryanmcfly
09-03-2013, 09:04 PM
I'm pissed because you have to be 21 to enter. I turn 21 in four months exactly.

mrselfdestruct94
09-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Just entered my info. Please god I don't believe in, let me win! For once, let me win!

Alvetica
09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if there will be another treasure hunt.

virushopper
09-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if there will be another treasure hunt.
Me too! I hate these contests!

halo eighteen
09-04-2013, 07:35 AM
US resident only, gay. However, anyone could get Scala tickets. Yes, I'm still bitter.

You're so cool for using the word gay there.

rhet
09-04-2013, 07:42 AM

They weren't paying for flights to and from the show for Scala..I was hoping to enter this as well but with international flight costs I can understand why it's US only.

tony.parente
09-04-2013, 08:05 AM
You're so cool for using the word gay there.

Can we work on not being offended by every little word on a message board? Lets just stick to facepalming or just shaking our heads.

greyskies13
09-04-2013, 08:16 AM
i think it always good to speak up and let people know that we find their behavior unacceptable. (and i facepalmed his/her post)

Can we work on not being offended by every little word on a message board? Lets just stick to facepalming or just shaking our heads.

tony.parente
09-04-2013, 08:46 AM
i think it always good to speak up and let people know that we find their behavior unacceptable. (and i facepalmed his/her post)

I'm not really going to derail this thread, but I think there are more important things to worry about than some 13 year old kid with a 67 post count calling something gay...and it's certainly not something to be outraged about.

Difference of opinions are cool tho, no hate.

Edit: I wish there was a way to 'like' someone facepalming you.

sore_and_crucified
09-04-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm not really going to derail this thread, but I think there are more important things to worry about than some 13 year old kid with a 67 post count calling something gay...and it's certainly not something to be outraged about.

Difference of opinions are cool tho, no hate.

Edit: I wish there was a way to 'like' someone facepalming you.

Wow, so much offence, not like I'm speaking about the twin towers or anything.

13, that's the best compliment I've had all year, ah, the power or presumption, or, the lack of.

Edit- when did post count constitute some kind of almighty power. Do I need to salute everyone with a 1,000 plus posts? Sorry. I guess that rules you out. Back to the thread, sorry for any offence. Freedom of speech yet to reach across the water.

tony.parente
09-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Wow, so much offence, not like I'm speaking about the twin towers or anything.

13, that's the best compliment I've had all year, ah, the power or presumption, or, the lack of.

Edit- when did post count constitute some kind of almighty power. Do I need to salute everyone with a 1,000 plus posts? Sorry. I guess that rules you out. Back to the thread, sorry for any offence. Freedom of speech yet to reach across the water.

I was actually defending you in a way, and defending your right to use a 13 year olds vocabulary.
Just saying.

sore_and_crucified
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Unfortunately, I cannot convey the correct emotion in black and white, however, the sarcasm has clearly not transposed.

The meaning that I am familiar with is that gay traditionally means 'happy'. By stating I was happy only US residents could enter, I was opting to use a low form of wit. If this causes you offence, please chose to not read into it.

Are you the kind of person offended by billboards of Beckham in white boxer shorts without a T Shirt?