PDA

View Full Version : Tension 2013 ticket prices -- oh, fuck me.

Jpaulregan
06-09-2013, 06:36 AM
Folks,

two items of interest I haven't seen anyone post about:

1) Top tick for the arena tour is $100 plus all the fees and charges. Yup, let that shit sink in.

2) Anyone remember Trent's quote abut touring arenas back in the WT era? Someone asked him why he brought QOTSA with him and he said it was because -like it or not - NIN is not a big enough band for promoters to book as headliners for 20,000-seat arenas on their own. They need a really great, well-known opener on the bill as a draw.

ummm.....I've heard Gary Numan is opening some shows in Florida but who the fuck is this band playing the northeast?

lets recap: I don't think anyone would reasonably argue NIN is anymore popular or commercially successful now than they were in the WT era but for some reason they are charging the most they've ever charged for tickets while playing a-level arenas without a solid support act (at least in the case of the northeast.) I really want this to work but I'm a bit afraid there are going to be empty seats .... Regardless, see you all in boston, DC and MIA. Enjoy the show.

pukkelpop
06-09-2013, 06:48 AM
i think they cant help it, i paid 100$ to see Mark Knopfler last week, and what did i get? 5 not moving people, bad sound, bad setlist,... in compare i would give 3 times more to NIN than other "big" (and expensive) concerts.
and hey, it's lights in the sky 2.0, we in Europe would kill to see one show like that.

nodylnai
06-09-2013, 06:49 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think he has any control over ticket prices.

Ash512
06-09-2013, 07:58 AM
He probably does have his say. But I would definitely argue NIN's got a better reputation now that they did back in 2005. Remember when they booked the initial club tour for WT? Trent said that wasn't supposed to be warmup gigs: he simply didn't know if people cared anymore.

Flashforward to 2013: Trent won an oscar, got nonstop coverage from Pitchfork and other medias for a few years... LITS cemented their live reputation as a must-see-whether-you-like-the-music-or-not act, the farewell tour also got a lot of buzz... I guess we'll see.

BTW : the NINJA and Wave Goodbye shows had similar prices.

Jpaulregan
06-09-2013, 08:23 AM
All good points, but TR absolutely haa a say in the matter of prices, just an FYI .... Also, NINJA was a co-headlining tour and i dont recall one of those shows being priced at $100 plus charges.

im just a little surprised and these prices will impact how many shows I travel to see ... And I'm a big fan like the rest of you. If the cost of a ticket is making me think twice then the casual fans will absolutely have the same reaction, which will unfortunately result in poor attendance.

hope I'm wrong but we shall see what happens.

jessamineny
06-09-2013, 08:26 AM
BTW : the NINJA and Wave Goodbye shows had similar prices.

Wave Goodbye tickets were only $65.

Also, NINJA was a co-headlining tour and i dont recall one of those shows being priced at $100 plus charges.

My cheapest NINJA ticket was $75, but that was an anomaly. The others were $99-$105. (When you added fees, the tickets ranged from $86.95 to $118.15.) And that was the presale price, so the Ticketmaster price would have been higher.

VVV I think you read an attitude into my comment that it doesn't actually contain, but you make a good point nonetheless

pukkelpop
06-09-2013, 08:28 AM
Wave Goodbye tickets were only $65.
no lightshow, 4-piece band,... what else? totally different.

witte
06-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Having kids is expensive.
And having a wife too...

RJK
06-09-2013, 09:01 AM
With the Columbia deal they might be getting a cut of the ticket sales. Therefore Columbia has a bigger stake in making sure that the shows sell out. Plus it is the "comeback" tour and casual fans of bands seem to eat that up.

Moebius
06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a solid support band. Personally I wish they were playing more dates instead of Explosions in the Sky.

spahn
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM
I paid $100 for the West Palm Beach NINJA show. In retrospect, my wife is paying $75 to see Bruno Mars with terrible seating. So yeah, $100 isn't a big deal to me to see NIN and the show trent puts on.

RJK
06-09-2013, 01:15 PM
I paid $100 for the West Palm Beach NINJA show. In retrospect, my wife is paying $75 to see Bruno Mars with terrible seating. So yeah, $100 isn't a big deal to me to see NIN and the show trent puts on.

While NIN/JA show were around $100 it was for two headliners.

I don't mind the prices, it just makes it harder to get to more shows. But where there is a will there is a way.

heavenly_bearded
06-09-2013, 01:20 PM
$600 for my wife and I to attend 3 shows is a little more than I like to pay, but I am more than willing to pay it to see the new performances and do some traveling. Plus, keep in mind, you have no idea what the stage/light show will be. Maybe they are planning on going old school and smashing everything on stage to shit. They will have a new stage/light show that will blow your mind guaran-damn-teed(I wont say maybe here because this is a definite). Watch the transition from 2005-2009 LITS. It just gets better and better. Can't even imagine what they have in store for this tour. It is for these reasons that I am just fine with $100 tickets.

WorzelG
06-09-2013, 01:34 PM
i think they cant help it, i paid 100$ to see Mark Knopfler last week, and what did i get? 5 not moving people, bad sound, bad setlist,... in compare i would give 3 times more to NIN than other "big" (and expensive) concerts.
and hey, it's lights in the sky 2.0, we in Europe would kill to see one show like that.

I agree with you - if people in the US are unwilling to pay enough that the tour even breaks even what chance have we got of anything close when it comes to light shows? All this moaning about prices is depressing to me. Having said that I can't go swanning about to lots of shows so only pay once

NotoriousTIMP
06-09-2013, 02:09 PM
So its $100 for the more expensive ticket, correct? What's the range from cheapest to highest, or do we not know this yet?

RJK
06-09-2013, 02:20 PM
So its $100 for the more expensive ticket, correct? What's the range from cheapest to highest, or do we not know this yet?

For DC cheap seats with fees are around $55 and expensive are $120

suprefan
06-09-2013, 02:36 PM
ummm.....I've heard Gary Numan is opening some shows in Florida but who the fuck is this band playing the northeast?

Guess you better go start listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor then if you have no idea who they are. Theyve been a band for a while, its just that youre probably stuck in a musical cave and havent expanded your listening habits since 1997?

I could be wrong, but I don't think he has any control over ticket prices.

He does, he can lower his asking price to be paid. But probably not, the stage production is making this go up.

Its known, you just gotta look around.

Heres a breakdown ( which will probably be consistent for almost every venue, save for Denver and Vegas. )

Seating chart for the Raleigh show.

http://i44.tinypic.com/m8mi35.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
06-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I find it odd that $100 at the very least is for GA. During NINJA, I only paid $65 each for my brother and I. LITS was less expensive, so were the WT arena and amphitheater shows. I also only spent $20 to see GY!BE last year. I know in the end it may be worth it, but has there been that much inflation for shows from 2009 till now?

somewhat_
06-09-2013, 05:35 PM
has there been that much inflation for shows from 2009 till now?

Probably not, it's probably a combination of Columbia getting their share and the production being more ridiculous than LITS.

nlemeshka
06-09-2013, 06:12 PM
There's been a lot of discussion among my NIN friends since we started seeing the pricing on Ticketmaster; the whys, the hows, the whos of the expense of tickets compared to the tours of the past few years. We have all only been able to agree on one thing: we NEED to know the prices for the presales. Although I can recall plenty of shows we have paid over $100 for (seriously, y'all, look again at those NINJA tickets they were more expensive than you remember!), I can't recall any presales where we found out the pricing at the last minute.

thefragile_jake
06-09-2013, 06:27 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/m8mi35.jpg

This is what the layout looks out for the St. Louis too, I guess I'm not letting the pricing thing bother me too much cause I know in the long run I'm going to see my favorite band live again. The only thing that's a bummer is just when it comes to wanting to see the show multiple times in different cities. That cost does really add up. Besides the fact that with going to Pitchfork Music Festival next month and seeing Neutral Milk Hotel in Columbia two weeks after NIN, I have to choose my vacation days wisely with my new job and even if I had more than just a week's worth of vacation time now...seeing more shows at 99.50 bucks a pop is pretty pricey.

Jpaulregan
06-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Guess you better go start listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor then if you have no idea who they are. Theyve been a band for a while, its just that youre probably stuck in a musical cave and havent expanded your listening habits since 1997?

Great line, asshole.

1) I'll stay in my cave if you stay in school and learn the fundamentals of proper grammar and the correct use of a question mark. Cliff Notes: Don't use one when you're making a declarative statement (regardless of how false and ludicrous it is.)

2) Are you really going to argue with me here on a public forum that this Black Emperor band is the equivalent of QOTSA on the With Teeth arena tour? Good luck. I'm sorry I'm not yet privy to all the cool indie music that will never be played on radio like you are. If you ever saw me at a NIN show you'd be even more pissed because I also wear something other than black leather pants and a black t-shirt. Shocking, I know, because with all the time I spend in my cave you might suspect I'm as brooding as yourself. I can only hope.

Please continue to set the bar high.

vivisection13
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Wife just dug out our Lights in the Sky tickets. They were 49.50 for first section on the side. Now they want 98.00 without all the fees. I know costs have gone up but NOT double. She also found the NIN/JA TICKETS AND THEY WERE 59.00 and we were second row behind the pit. Ridiculous. This was an automatic show for us but now... Rammstein wasn't that much and I think that's the biggest show I've seen in my life.

Jpaulregan
06-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Wife just dug out our Lights in the Sky tickets. They were 49.50 for first section on the side. Now they want 98.00 without all the fees. I know costs have gone up but NOT double. She also found the NIN/JA TICKETS AND THEY WERE 59.00 and we were second row behind the pit. Ridiculous. This was an automatic show for us but now... Rammstein wasn't that much and I think that's the biggest show I've seen in my life.

You are exactly right and thank your wife for pulling out the old tickets.

Canuckle
06-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Thank god there are tickets available at $50 or half of you might not even go

ninsp
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Folks,

two items of interest I haven't seen anyone post about:

1) Top tick for the arena tour is $100 plus all the fees and charges. Yup, let that shit sink in.

2) Anyone remember Trent's quote abut touring arenas back in the WT era? Someone asked him why he brought QOTSA with him and he said it was because -like it or not - NIN is not a big enough band for promoters to book as headliners for 20,000-seat arenas on their own. They need a really great, well-known opener on the bill as a draw.

lets recap: I don't think anyone would reasonably argue NIN is anymore popular or commercially successful now than they were in the WT era but for some reason they are charging the most they've ever charged for tickets while playing a-level arenas without a solid support act (at least in the case of the northeast.) I really want this to work but I'm a bit afraid there are going to be empty seats .... Regardless, see you all in boston, DC and MIA. Enjoy the show.

NIN is way more popular and respected now than they were in 2008. That's a fact.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a huge grab for the opening act. Have you been leaving under a rock?

These prices are idiotic and unacceptable.

nlemeshka
06-09-2013, 10:26 PM
She also found the NIN/JA TICKETS AND THEY WERE 59.00 and we were second row behind the pit.
You made me doubt my earlier math, so I checked again. NINJA tickets were definitely over $100.
http://nlemeshka.smugmug.com/photos/i-kpB8KTG/0/L/i-kpB8KTG-L.jpg http://nlemeshka.smugmug.com/photos/i-6tnPhDD/0/L/i-6tnPhDD-L.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
06-09-2013, 10:29 PM
NIN is way more popular and respected now than they were in 2008. That's a fact.

Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a huge grab for the opening act. Have you been leaving under a rock?

These prices are idiotic and unacceptable.
Agree with your last point, but no way NIN are more popular now. They're probably at the same on the scale as they were back then, if not a little less popular now in my opinion. Seriously, I can't find that many people here excited for this show. I'll put it this way, during With Teeth the arena here was open to 16,000 and was sold out, in 2008, same arena, only about 8,100 went to the show.
As for GY!BE, it may be a huge get for the fans, but they're a band that plays clubs and sold $20 on their last tour, compared to QotSA who were charging $30 when I saw them in '05 at their own shows.

botley
06-09-2013, 10:58 PM
I'll just re-post this from the other thread: the last big-production NIN arena tour was five whole years ago... you do realize that there's been a global economic meltdown since then, right? And it didn't just make your bills go up, but everybody else's, too? Thanks to the Republican Party fucking the entire world in the ass, all the proper backing needed to hire the right people and necessary gear for a big tour are far more expensive than ever before. Sure, the cabal of evil scumfucks we call LiveNation are partly to blame but it's also just the cost of doing business. Welcome to the new normal.

Star
06-09-2013, 10:59 PM
I am wondering about the pre-sale prices too. I definitely will not be traveling like I did last time. One out of town and one in town but I may just go for the cheap seats. I never go into the pit so with a cheaper seat I can enjoy the light show more. I don't blame the artists for this as much as I do LiveNation/Ticketmonster. And TR does the pre-sales and sets it up where it can't all be scaplers. No one else does that so.....

vivisection13
06-09-2013, 11:01 PM
My NIN/JA tix were 57.50 at the Post Gazette Pavilion, Section 2 (not row 2, read it wrong), Row L (got some good pics). Great seats but not the 100.00 you paid for General Admission. That was for Jane's and nin. If I remember correctly the cost of GA was why we didn't go that route.Still no reason for tix to have DOUBLED since we saw nin on the Lights in the Sky Tour.

Krazy
06-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Those are small area pit seats, looking at my NINJA ticket for The Pearl in Vegas it was $129.00 plus fees- that was a VERY small pit so it justified the price, these aren't the same as arena GA. Apples and oranges type of thing.

Not gonna lie, was a bit worried when I saw all these GA and lower bowl prices. I don't give a shit- I'll pay it and will try to hit up as many as I can. I can see the casual fan though saying "FUCK THAT!" and moving on or getting the upper sections, or even waiting at the last minute to get a scalpers left-overs. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks. I'll be checking out TM and see what's left as "best available" for multiple people.

Here'shoping to they didn't get too ambitious on this and are out pricing random fans.

Krazy
06-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I'll just re-post this from the other thread: the last big-production NIN arena tour was five whole years ago... you do realize that there's been a global economic meltdown since then, right? And it didn't just make your bills go up, but everybody else's, too? Thanks to the Republican Party fucking the entire world in the ass, all the proper backing needed to hire the right people and necessary gear for a big tour are far more expensive than ever before. Sure, the cabal of evil scumfucks we call LiveNation are partly to blame but it's also just the cost of doing business. Welcome to the new normal.

Yeah, everything is and always be George Bush's fault.

Jesus fucking Christ.

FULLMETAL
06-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I went through some old e-mails for past tour ticket prices:

10/21/2005 Nine Inch Nails, Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
Number of tickets: 1, FLOOR Total Ticket Cost: 49.80 (USD)

5/30/2006 Nine Inch Nails, Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Number of tickets: 1, GA All Ages Total Ticket Cost: 50.80 (USD)

5/24/2007 Nine Inch Nails, Zepp Osaka
Number of tickets: 1, GA Standing Total Ticket Cost: 72.92 (USD)

8/13/2008 Nine Inch Nails, Gwinnett Center
Number of tickets: 1, GA Floor Total Ticket Cost: 66.70 (USD)

5/9/2009 Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction, Ford Amphitheatre
Number of tickets: 1, GA Standing Pit Total Ticket Cost: 111.75 (USD)

8/23/2009 Nine Inch Nails, Webster Hall
Number of tickets: 1, GA Standing Total Ticket Cost: 65.00 (USD)

I think NIN is capable of presenting me with an evening's show that's worth $100. It would be wonderful if ticket prices were the same as five years ago, but that's not reality. I'm just happy I can finally break into my "Hey Pig" NIN Tour Piggy bank.

botley
06-09-2013, 11:31 PM

Jesus fucking Christ.
No, but giving tax breaks to his corporate buddies decimated the touring industry. It's all consolidated into giant monopolies like LiveNation, which drives prices up for lack of competition. Comparing old tours to this one is like comparing apples and oranges. I just paid six times what NIN is asking for a single ticket to see a Rolling Stones show in 2013 — and that was with no opening band.

Add in the "debit" column that they've been in a LONG rehearsal process reinventing the set (you gotta pay everyone showing up, even if they quit halfway through)... oh and remember when Trent auctioned off all the unnecessary cruft gear left over after the last tour on eBay? He probably bought a buttload of new stuff to replace it.

I'd assume that Columbia are NOT getting a cut of the ticket sales, by the way — it's more likely that negotiations went in the other direction, and they ended up throwing in some tour support money to get more lucrative licensing rights for the new record. But yeah, this shit ain't happening for free.

Krazy
06-09-2013, 11:36 PM
^^^ I don't want this to get off topic, so let's attempt to keep the political BS out of it and I'll leave it at that. For the record I hate them all.

On to speculation of somewhat empty arenas....

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm definitely just gonna take a deep breath and hope that pre-sale tickets are at least a smiiidge cheaper. If they're out of my price range right now, I guess I'll just put it off until the public sale when I can absolutely afford the ticket. I'm only gonna get one GA ticket this time around, as opposed to two, so that helps, but damn....100 bucks for a GA ticket, the show should be at least a couple hours, just for NIN's set.

Good news is they'll be back again in 2014, right? So if nothing else, anyone who just can't afford to hit this round of dates can more than likely stash money aside and buy tickets for the next tour when they're available. I'm setting aside 20 bucks from every paycheck just for that so I can hit a show or two without worrying about money so much.

thevoid99
06-10-2013, 12:32 AM
While I'm glad NIN is coming back. I'm not going to buy my tickets immediately. I have other things to think about as far as money is concerned. I'm hoping to spend maybe $60-$70 at the most for a good seat but that's it. I can worry about parking and souvenirs later on.

Jpaulregan
06-10-2013, 06:41 PM

Jesus fucking Christ.

You are my hero. He's been out of office for quite some time now ... this would be like blaming Richard Patrick for guitar work on Hesitation Marks.

botley
06-10-2013, 07:15 PM
A more apt analogy would be if Richard Patrick shit all over the stage and the next guy just picked up where he left off and kept playing without cleaning up the mess.

sick among the pure
06-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Going for pre-sale, I hope for lower prices. But really, I've seen tickets up toward $65-$80 since WT, since I always go for the pit (I remember the one time I got a seat instead because it was $30 cheaper, never making that mistake again).
If I have to shell out $20-$30 more for a show, sure that sucks, but I'm still going to do it. Trent deserves to make fucking money off his art. Some bands that aren't nearly as good, in my opinion, charge much more for tickets. I'll prob buy less merch this go around, so I can afford shows, but to me it's worth it. I always set aside money for anything NIN, albums, shirts, and the occasional tour.

NINisamazing
06-11-2013, 12:02 AM
I am going to 2 shows for sure, not excited about potentially dropping 100 each, but oh well.

shagg_187
06-11-2013, 11:03 AM
Just checked out price for presale: $98 per ticket + $12.75 service fee for both GA and seats. Awesome (sarcasm); I thought there was no service fee for presale via nin.com :(

Amaro
06-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Expensive, but alright! Hehe

NINisamazing
06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I am going to be $300 dollars less after today.

::(

littlemonkey613
06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Was he on a label on the Lights in the Sky Tour? Anyways I want to complain but seeing what the did with HTDA and knowing for fact that the visuals are going to be even more insane that just makes me want to throw money at Trent. The Columbia backing should create hype enough to sell out shows.

Moebius
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Prices taken from presale listings:
St. Paul, MN: $99.00
Toronto, ON: $99.00 CAD
Montreal, QC: $101.50 CAD
Cleveland, OH: $98.00
Auburn Hills, MI: $99.00
Boston, MA: $99.00
Brooklyn, NY: $99.00
Newark, NJ: $99.00
Washington, DC: $99.00
Broomfield, CO: $99.00
Las Vegas, NV: $75.00

Service fees for Cleveland were $12.75/ticket

jessamineny
06-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Just checked out price for presale: $98 per ticket + $12.75 service fee for both GA and seats. Awesome (sarcasm); I thought there was no service fee for presale via nin.com :(

He has to pay the Modlife people, for the selling infrastructure and the ticket person at all the venues. Plus the purty ticket stock.

Scarlet Siren
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Keeping a close eye on this thread and converting in to £, so between £70 - £75 per tickets. Yikes! :(

NINisamazing
06-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Was he on a label on the Lights in the Sky Tour? Anyways I want to complain but seeing what the did with HTDA and knowing for fact that the visuals are going to be even more insane that just makes me want to throw money at Trent. The Columbia backing should create hype enough to sell out shows.

You think Columbia is funding this tour, and getting a piece of profit?

pukkelpop
06-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Actually, 100 dollars is quite cheap for such a big production these days. Didnt convert it to Euros in my previous post. I paid more then 100dollars(140dollar for the last, Mark Knopfler) for most gigs last year, and a lot were shite.

austin420
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Actually, 100 dollars is quite cheap for such a big production these days. Didnt convert it to Euros in my previous post. I paid more then 100dollars(140dollar for the last, Mark Knopfler) for most gigs last year, and a lot were shite.
but thats mark frikken knopfler man! money for nothin and chicks for free! amirite or amirite?

littlemonkey613
06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
You think Columbia is funding this tour, and getting a piece of profit?

Idk how shit works...You tell me?

perfectOrganism
06-12-2013, 09:15 AM
$100 is totally reasonable considering the production values this tour is gonna have. LITS was insane and I doubt they made much money on that one. I remember seeing the one in Dallas and the ticket was like $60 and I remember thinking I couldn't imagine how they made much off that selling the tickets so reasonable.

NotoriousTIMP
06-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Do we know if there will be a ticket limit for regular sale day? I need three tickets for Seattle (seats) and I noticed the pre-sale is capped at two tickets again

Krazy
06-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Do we know if there will be a ticket limit for regular sale day? I need three tickets for Seattle (seats) and I noticed the pre-sale is capped at two tickets again

It'll be capped, but I'm sure you'll be able to get at least four. I think TM usually caps them at 8-10.

snaapz
06-12-2013, 11:28 AM
I'd pay $100 just to watch/hear TR hold down a single key on a synth for 1 hour... Just kidding.

As always I'm sure it will be worth the >$100 per person. And what the hell is Explosions in the Sky? Is there vocals?

jessamineny
06-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Also keep in mind that gas prices are nearly twice what they were when NINJA tickets went on sale. I'm sure it's not a gigantic expense for them (an extra $50,000 for this part of the tour?), but it would certainly add to the pile.

imail724
06-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Also keep in mind that gas prices are nearly twice what they were when NINJA tickets went on sale. I'm sure it's not a gigantic expense for them (an extra $50,000 for this part of the tour?), but it would certainly add to the pile.Gas prices by me were either the same or more expensive during the NINJA tour..

ninedead
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
wish i was able to say 100$ aint nothing hahaha but ill gladly sit in a seat for under 50 and be happy :)

jessamineny
06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Gas prices by me were either the same or more expensive during the NINJA tour..

Hrrrmmm. Consumer Reports tells me that when NINJA tickets went on sale, that average U.S. diesel prices were only $2.02 a gallon.

suprefan
06-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Gas prices by me were either the same or more expensive during the NINJA tour..

Do you even drive, and I doubt that.

imail724
06-12-2013, 10:49 PM
I do drive. I don't remember the exact price during the show in '09, but I know that in '08 the price of regular gas got to over $4, the highest I've ever seen. The price now is closer to $3.50.

FULLMETAL
06-13-2013, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/yFfJnNm.png

Yeah, I think the impetus for me getting a newer car with better mpg was around the summer of 2008.

jessamineny
06-13-2013, 04:58 AM
I do drive. I don't remember the exact price during the show in '09, but I know that in '08 the price of regular gas got to over $4, the highest I've ever seen. The price now is closer to $3.50.

See the huge drop in gas prices in that chart above? That's when NINJA tickets went on sale (3/09). The first shows were in May.

allegro
06-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Gas prices here in Chicago area currently $4.65 per gallon for regular unleaded, minimum

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/06/10/chicago-gas-prices-still-soaring/

icklekitty
06-13-2013, 07:19 AM
Fucking hell, petrol is cheap in America!

Wolfkiller
06-13-2013, 07:51 AM
If this is too off topic to ask in here, please ignore/delete this. But I was wondering everyone's opinion on how easy/hard it was to get the nin.com pre-sale tickets so far?

sick among the pure
06-13-2013, 08:37 AM
If this is too off topic to ask in here, please ignore/delete this. But I was wondering everyone's opinion on how easy/hard it was to get the nin.com pre-sale tickets so far?

You pretty much have to be constantly refreshing as of 1-2 minutes before they go on sale, click everything instantly, ace the captcha, and have your fingers crossed. If it didn't work, keep trying for the next half hour, as tickets fall back into the pool.
At least, that's how I get pre-sales.

eversonpoe
06-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Fucking hell, petrol is cheap in America!

i was ready to be like "you have no idea what you're talking about" and then i did 5 minutes of research and, holy balls, gas is expensive in the UK. by more than twice as much as it is here.

however, chicago still has the highest prices in the country right now...so, yay?

Algebra
06-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately , $100 a ticket is the going rate in the NYC area.
Yankees. $150-600 for something decent.
Broadway $100-250
Rangers. $100-200
Knicks. $150-600
Giants. Same.

Mr.Benjamin
06-17-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm in Portland and for the Portland show it was $87.45 for GA. Appears the lowest from what I've seen.

Krazy
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I remember Puscifer tickets here in Milwaukee (small theatre) a few years back was at least $70.00. Fuck that!!!

dionysus74
06-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Quick question... Are the regular tickets going to be the same price as the pre-sale tickets?

JessicaSarahS
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Quick question... Are the regular tickets going to be the same price as the pre-sale tickets?

Some will be the same price, but others might be cheaper. Nosebleed seats and those furthest away from the stage are typically less expensive. It depends on the venue too.

dionysus74
06-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Some will be the same price, but others might be cheaper. Nosebleed seats and those furthest away from the stage are typically less expensive. It depends on the venue too.

Ugh... Going to Pittsburgh, but damn, $100 (actually $200 and no guarantee that someone else will pay for it)... or wait and maybe pay cheaper for cheaper seats? Decisions :( Thanks JS

tony.parente
06-17-2013, 05:13 PM
You pretty much have to be constantly refreshing as of 1-2 minutes before they go on sale, click everything instantly, ace the captcha, and have your fingers crossed. If it didn't work, keep trying for the next half hour, as tickets fall back into the pool.
At least, that's how I get pre-sales.

I got 2 GA floor tickets for the st louis date 4 hours after the presale started with absolutely zero problems.

Krazy
06-17-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm wondering if this weeks pre-sales have more alotted tickets than last weeks. Some of these places still have GA available.

Moebius
06-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm wondering if this weeks pre-sales have more alotted tickets than last weeks. Some of these places still have GA available.

Wow, you're right. Quite a few of the dates that went up today still have GA presale tickets available.

la_mer_27
06-27-2013, 11:33 AM
This may be slightly off-topic. But in relation to GA ticket prices, I've had to hold off for right now.
I'm gonna do what I can to afford a ticket. But I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster's sold out.
So, when the time comes, has anyone had any luck with StubHub? Or, a similar site?
Average prices on there for GA are around the same as they were on Ticketmaster/for the pre-sale.
I'll also contact the Verizon Center (Washington, DC) and make sure whether or not this option would work.
Sorry for the long post, but just wondering if anyone's had trouble with these non-Ticketmaster sales.

Conan The Barbarian
06-27-2013, 12:57 PM
For the exception of the anal rape of prices, stubb hub was a good experience for me.

Although some had horror stories.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RJK
06-27-2013, 01:32 PM
This may be slightly off-topic. But in relation to GA ticket prices, I've had to hold off for right now.
I'm gonna do what I can to afford a ticket. But I'm pretty sure Ticketmaster's sold out.
So, when the time comes, has anyone had any luck with StubHub? Or, a similar site?
Average prices on there for GA are around the same as they were on Ticketmaster/for the pre-sale.
I'll also contact the Verizon Center (Washington, DC) and make sure whether or not this option would work.
Sorry for the long post, but just wondering if anyone's had trouble with these non-Ticketmaster sales.

If you can wait as long as possible. I've scored tickets off stubhub for half price days before the show when people are just trying to unload them.

I have never gotten a fake ticket from stubhub.

Krazy
06-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Yup, Stubhub can be awesome at times. They have a good policy to protect you:

FanProtectTM for Buyers
Summary of StubHub guarantee to Buyers:

You will get your tickets in time for the event
Your tickets will be valid for entry
Your tickets will be the same as those you ordered
If any of these things do not occur, we will find you comparable or better tickets to the event, or offer you a refund

and
If the event is cancelled and not rescheduled, you will get a refund

Zipfinator
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I got my tickets for the Chicago NINJA show off of Stubhub and it worked out fine. I'm thinking of buying a couple for Friday at Lolla off of there if no one here has any extras.

la_mer_27
06-27-2013, 02:48 PM
For the exception of the anal rape of prices, stubb hub was a good experience for me.

Although some had horror stories.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If you can wait as long as possible. I've scored tickets off stubhub for half price days before the show when people are just trying to unload them.

I have never gotten a fake ticket from stubhub.

Thank you both for the kind, fast responses. I've been reading mentions of prices dropping greatly in the past.
I guess the anal rape is kind of what I'm worried about...
Tickets here and there are saying "ready for delivery by October 14th...October 17th." The show is October 18th?
Do the tickets usually arrive on time from your experience, or from what you've heard? Preferably a day or two before the show?

Yup, Stubhub can be awesome at times. They have a good policy to protect you:

FanProtectTM for Buyers
Summary of StubHub guarantee to Buyers:

You will get your tickets in time for the event
Your tickets will be valid for entry
Your tickets will be the same as those you ordered
If any of these things do not occur, we will find you comparable or better tickets to the event, or offer you a refund

and
If the event is cancelled and not rescheduled, you will get a refund

I'm just noticing more responses, and my questions are getting answered without missing a beat.
This is an awesomely reliable forum!

I got my tickets for the Chicago NINJA show off of Stubhub and it worked out fine. I'm thinking of buying a couple for Friday at Lolla off of there if no one here has any extras.

Hoping you enjoy the show, if you wind up going...I've heard festivals are sometimes hit-or-miss, but there's no doubt it's gonna be a thrill being that it will be one of NIN's first warm-up shows before the fall tour.

icklekitty
06-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Rather than go to StubHub, try to find a fan on here or on nin.com who has a spare ticket. You'll get one at face value. If you're local, I'd even say risk asking in the queue on the day. There are always people with spares going.

Zipfinator
06-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Hoping you enjoy the show, if you wind up going...I've heard festivals are sometimes hit-or-miss, but there's no doubt it's gonna be a thrill being that it will be one of NIN's first warm-up shows before the fall tour.

I'm not thrilled about possibly having to go to a festival but it's the only way I'll be able to see NIN play if they don't do another tour leg next year. Plus QOTSA is on before them who I'd also probably not be able to see otherwise.

Rather than go to StubHub, try to find a fan on here or on nin.com who has a spare ticket. You'll get one at face value. If you're local, I'd even say risk asking in the queue on the day. There are always people with spares going.

I posted in the Chicago thread for anyone to contact me if they have some extra tickets. Lt. Randazzo had two a few weeks ago but I missed out on them since I didn't have enough money to snatch up tickets then. I need to make my travel plans soon though so if it comes down to it I might have to buy tickets off of Stubhub or not go at all.

ElOsoBlanco
06-27-2013, 05:24 PM
$100+ a pop for NIN and Gary Numan (not an exciting opener for me personally, but I detect there's some draw here) makes me more appreciative of festivals than ever. Really wanted to Mountain Oasis - those tickets are a bargin if you value NIN at $100 - but I have no idea what my job situation will be and finding - 1) someone to tag along 2) both of us getting time off - seemed tough. So I went with the Orlando show. My Muse ticket (Feb 2013) was $79, but that's a popular radio band that rarely tours the Southeast. Hard not to feel like there's a "cash grab" aspect of this reunion (dropping DIY, signing with Columbia, raised ticket prices).

But, I can't really complain. I got to enjoy The Spiral club, the access, the presales, and take advantage of NINJA's relaxed recording policies. I've met Trent three times, have an autographed photo of us...he probably deserves some of my cash.

ninlive
06-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Just a random note... If you got shut out on presales and on sale dates, keep checking back. The venues always release a few more tickets closer to the date. :)

Zipfinator
06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Just a random note... If you got shut out on presales and on sale dates, keep checking back. The venues always release a few more tickets closer to the date. :)

Do festivals do that though?

FULLMETAL
06-28-2013, 12:11 AM
You know who else likes spend money on concert tickets? My Mom!

She just spent $400 for a "Fan Package" VIP ticket to "The History of The Eagles," which guarantees her a seat in rows 11-20 on the floor and an exclusive merchandise gift. The front row VIP was $895 and rows 2-10 would cost $625.

Granted, a comparison to NIN would be apples to oranges. However, if this is the current state of the Live Nation touring business then I have no issues with the $100 for this tour.

jessamineny
06-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I just saw the final show on the Rolling Stones' North American tour, where pit tickets were $1,500. Good seats were more than $600. I was "lucky" and got one of the $85 tickets (about 500 pairs per city). It was a lottery. A few might get pit tickets. But most got tickets on the side high up. Mine were the second row from the top of the Verizon Center. :D

ninlive
06-28-2013, 08:49 AM
The "VIP" packages are a joke. I think it's downright wrong to be selling tickets like that.

eversonpoe
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM
The "VIP" packages are a joke. I think it's downright wrong to be selling tickets like that.

though i totally agree with you, there are people who shell out for them, which i think is a big part of the problem.

wakeupjon
06-28-2013, 02:05 PM
Depeche Mode is cheaper. 'Nuff said.

Dragoro
06-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Uh yeah, wouldnt pay to see DM.

hippygeek
06-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Having kids is expensive.
And having a wife too...

*not* having a wife is more expensive :D

Krazy
06-29-2013, 06:19 PM
*not* having a wife is more expensive :D

You referring to divorce, or hookers?

Or both?...

hippygeek
06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Divorce. Hookers just drain your current paycheck...

Powhatan
07-02-2013, 01:28 AM

what are you talking about?

I have tickets to the SAME seating section for Staples Center for Depeche Mode and for Nine Inch Nails.
The Depeche Mode tickets were more, and I wont get in the venue early with those tix.

SarahConnor
08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor is a solid support band. Personally I wish they were playing more dates instead of Explosions in the Sky.

This is correct.

Ray1971
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
GA tickets for Spokane washington were 83 or so with taxes and fees. Feeling very lucky.

thevoid99
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
I chose to pay $63 (including taxes and the awful service fee) to buy my ticket. I'm kinda on a budget as of now but at least I'll have some money when I go to the show for parking, gas, food, and to buy souvenirs.