PDA

View Full Version : QOTD, bitches!

Baphomette
11-30-2011, 01:24 AM
so, we were talking about star trek or bsg user ranks based on the federation or the colonial fleet. Trolls would be ferengi or cylons. What do you guys think?
pfft. Cardassians, if only because it sounds really close to kardashian.So much fucking win.

theruiner
12-03-2011, 11:04 PM
I love Ron Paul, but he would not look out of place next to a mule that was carrying prospecting gear.
Someone just knight this dude already, please.

MAD
12-04-2011, 04:40 AM
I've started dating again. The men are meh, but a girl's gotta eat.
Priceless!!

Torgo
12-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Everything about this entire set of paragraphs. I love you, theruiner.

Hey! Listen to me. Listen. This is important. Listen. There is NO such thing as promoting Nickelback. We are warning people. Do you say that to meteorologists when they warn people about hurricanes? "Hey, don't tell everyone about Hurricane Asshole because then you'll be promoting it!" No! You know why? Because it's vital information that everyone needs to know. No poor, unsuspecting person should be assaulted by the generic bland vagina monster that is Nickelback. No one. So just consider this whole thread a public service announcement.

And while we're on the topic of shitty music, whoever made the song "Don't Fear the Reaper" is an asshole. It's a whole song about not fearing death, but you know what? Whole thing sounds really sad. It's a BUMMER of a song. It really is. Oh, and the lyrics? "40,000 men and women every day." WHAT? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to make me feel better? "Like Romeo and Juliet." Listen, schmuck, Romeo and Juliet died in the most horrible way possible. She drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then she drank poison and then he thought she was dead and then he killed himself or she killed herself or WHATEVER. I don't remember how it goes. The point is, it was a bummer of an ending; that's why they call it a tragedy. Just like your song: a tragedy. So fuck you Blue Oyster Cult. You totally ruined my trip to the grocery store a few minutes ago with your crappy song. Standing in the toothpaste aisle crying my ass off about my inevitable mortality.

dogsipod
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Caught me off guard at work. Made me laugh for like 10 minutes. Luv ya Dra508

BTW, congratulations on your nuptials. May you always appreciate each other and breed lots of little Revis and Buttheads.

Wretchedest
12-07-2011, 01:01 AM
From the Guns n' Roses thread

I feel like "safety hazard" is their most common excuse... wuat exactly do they do up there thats so dangerous?

http://www.judiciaryreport.com/images/dunkin-donuts-9-21-11-1.jpg

Totally classic....

halloween
12-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Could someone kindly Photoshop me back in the band? Thanks in advance.
hehehe...

(ten characters here.)

Fixer808
12-07-2011, 07:01 PM
the correct response to disarm someone asking the ever persistent "so when ya gonna have kids" question is to grimace and say:

"we're unable to conceive"

works every time, especially if one of you starts quietly sobbing. Fucking incredible.

Magtig
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
"Christian rock is there for you, who lack courage and intellect." - Henry Rollins

Chris_CDN
12-09-2011, 06:44 PM
"Christian rock is there for you, who lack courage and intellect." - Henry Rollins

Yes.

wordswordswords.

sick among the pure
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
I don't care if it wasn't really a post on ETS.

‘Ah, serial killers and anal raping, I know what that sounds like.
-Trent, via this interview (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trent-reznor-girl-dragon-tattoo-oscar-grammy-272957)

theruiner
12-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Regarding "Is Your Love Strong Enough":

What do you guys think the BPM of this song is? My guess is 148 but I'm not sure. I'm not great at finding BPMs.

The BPM is set on Phil Collins.

playwithfire
12-17-2011, 02:07 PM
I hate you. <3

Dra508
12-21-2011, 04:38 PM
This has been a year of epic upheaval in the world of the modern supervillain. All my favorite evil dictators are dead and now I don't have anyone to eagerly scan the headlines for...except President Putin, I guess. He'll have to do.
I think his son is going to be equally as evil, so get your popcorn ready...

and we've still got castro!

And that guy Amdadinnerjacket.

Not to mention, Barack Obama.

Woo, satire.

Pwn pwn pwn pwn pwn (just to get the 10 characters)

Fixer808
12-23-2011, 05:08 PM
This is why Jay Leno is not funny. Ready? Here are two jokes I heard on his show tonight. I'm not making this up.

#1: Did you hear that Italy might be the next country to have an economic collapse? Yeah, it's true. I knew we shouldn't have sent the cast of "Jersey Shore" over there!

#2: Did you know that the members of al-Qaeda are actually big sports fans? It's true! They watch sports from their man cave!

Yes, that happened. On national television. This guy has a national TV show, and has for almost 20 years. This guy gets paid millions upon millions of dollars a year to deliver jokes of that quality. And there are millions of people in this country that think he is fucking HILARIOUS.

Amazing...

Dra508
12-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I was wondering what happened yesterday too.

Just got the message at 11:40am, my time (I'm in Quebec City). I was still able to log in but was redirected to the "server is too busy" page.

It lasted only for a couple of minutes though.

Attention users: This is what not to do. If the server is already throwing error messages, don't compound on it. Thank you.

Um wow, I hate being the example of what not to do. I thought it was kinda like a busy signal on the phone.....just hit "redial" until you get through.
Sorry bout that.

OK, kids - what's a busy signal? Seriously, who's actually heard one of those? I think it's been since 1989.

theruiner
12-26-2011, 12:07 AM
From the Photoshop thread:

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/3556895532/1/tumblr_lhb480aKVN1qgveqy
This one is the most hilarious! AS if!
Absolutely brilliant. I laughed pretty damn hard at that.

Big Fat Matt
12-26-2011, 12:15 AM
"swasticat"

Fixer808
12-28-2011, 01:04 AM
haaaaaaaaaa!

You accidentally put too many A's in that word.

Fucking Canadians.
I miss my goddamn quote pyramids...

theruiner
12-28-2011, 01:23 AM
^^That is fucking BRILLIANT.

orestes
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM
From twitter:

Every time Peter Gabriel or Kate Bush releases an album, a fretless bass player gets his wings.

Baphomette
01-19-2012, 09:35 PM
From FB:

Made the leap from loose jeans to boot cut jeans and I have to say, they make my balls look really good.
Awesome.

Bluegirl
01-20-2012, 01:51 PM
My mom when I asked her to email a picture to my brother.
"But I can't. This internet doesn't have my email on it. Don't look at me like that."

theruiner
01-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Um, did santorum just say america is the only country blessed by god? Tell god to create jobs dipshit. #cnndebate (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23cnndebate) #tweetthepress (https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23tweetthepress)
Beautiful.

aggroculture
02-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Am a bit late on this:

Yeah, the minute the movie ended, I punched a rabbi right in the mouth.

Kid Charlemagne
02-28-2012, 10:38 PM
This is why Jinsai will always be better than me:

Oh wow. It's a band featuring a member of Tool. What a surprising topic of discussion on this board.
Love that man.

Also Planet of the Apes' retorts to October_Midnight in the Batman video game thread is solid gold. I get a boner each time they argue with each other, it's like O_M is playing Chess and Apes is playing Checkers.

REPLICA
03-15-2012, 06:10 PM
From a Star Trek TNG Recut on youtube...

"Age ain't nothing but a number, and the number I'm thinking of is $100."

halloween
03-30-2012, 11:26 AM
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/399c5872bca143b78ea3145433ff3a1d/m.jpg
I was angry, and then I was amused.

halloween
03-30-2012, 11:27 AM
http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/399c5872bca143b78ea3145433ff3a1d/m.jpg
I was angry, and then I was amused.

theruiner
04-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Patton Oswalt wins the internet life.

"I finally get to apologize to GG Allin for never having him on Bandstand." -- Dick Clark's last words. #rip

theruiner
06-23-2012, 02:07 AM
You know how bride's maid dresses are always ugly...? Yeah...

I just really don't want to stand up in front of a gazillion people in this thing.

Don't worry, weddings have booze. It'll be on the floor of the coat-check room soon enough.
Fixer wins again.

ibanez33
06-28-2012, 03:31 AM
I have a wedding to go to this weekend. I'm so glad I don't have to see my extended family on any other occasions, thety mus think I'm a mess.

Magtig
06-30-2012, 01:45 PM
It's a really sad day in this country when the inalienable right of health is considered an entitlement.
> inane comment allows post <

aggroculture
11-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Edit

(ten characters)

allegro
12-12-2012, 11:42 PM
From the 12-12-12 concert thread:

sandy relief sounds like the world's worst handjob.

Magtig
02-17-2013, 06:07 PM
‎"I believe in American exceptionalism. And this is an insult to American gays, who I may not approve of, but I believe they are the gayest in the world. Our gay people -- they are not just homosexual, they're homo-ceptional." -- Stephen Colbert

Dra508
03-03-2013, 06:49 PM
My last boyfriend hated cats. He had to go.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted that completely differently.

There needs to be more of this on this board. Please.

ItsJustDave
03-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping cat pictures helps to make up for it!
My last boyfriend hated cats. He had to go.
I could be wrong, but I interpreted that completely differently.
There needs to be more of this on this board. Please.

:rolleyes:

In the interest of expressing the full context, I've pulled in the quote that set things in motion.

slave2thewage
03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm still upset that nobody picked up the Debbie Jellinsky reference in my post.

ItsJustDave
03-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm still upset that nobody picked up the Debbie Jellinsky reference in my post.

I had to google the name just now, so yeah, that went right over my head. Upon quoting the above, however, I had begun to wonder if you were making a joke about your last boyfriend being into dudes (that I didn't get until that point).

slave2thewage
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
This is what I mean; will they allocate it to the people with the highest bandwith/fastest internet connection, or is it just random? And will the 'on-sale' button just appear on the tour.nin.com site at 5pm, or will you have to refresh? Argh, ticket stress!

Have you ever bought tickets to anything in your life?

Actually spat out water at that.

elevenism
11-03-2013, 09:24 PM
Goddamnit. OK. Quote of the day. I thought it was Queen of the Damned, and i became VERY confused. I'll find a fun quote later.

Magtig
12-30-2013, 03:45 PM
The #libertarianismin4words hash tag on twitter is pretty funny in general, but especially @Matt (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=610)Binder 's "what is a woman."

ambergris
07-04-2014, 06:19 AM
"I felt like you should only eat something that you'd be able to kill," Martin went on. "You know, could you kill a fish? I wouldn't like it, but I probably could, so I'll eat the fish. But a giraffe..."

-Chris Martin on why he eats meat after splitting up with Gwyneth Paltrow (http://de.eonline.com/news/556908/chris-martin-no-longer-vegetarian-following-split-from-gwyneth-paltrow-i-eat-meat?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=imdb_topstories)

I mainly posted this for the picture of Chris Martin trying to fight a giraffe to death.

Fixer808
07-15-2014, 05:56 AM
Can't recall if I read it here or elsewhere, but a joke I saw:

A German is going through customs at an airport.
Customs Agent: "Occupation?"
German: "No, just visiting."

Dra508
12-15-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread since some folks have been very quotable and they are more deserving then just a 'like'.
@Jinsai (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=272) in the little things that piss me off thread:

Can you imagine being the unfortunate child with horrible redneck parents who bring this fucking shit home for family holiday quality time? I can't believe this is real. It's like somebody mined my nightmares.

It's the last sentence that I really appreciate.

eversonpoe
12-15-2014, 10:15 PM
yesterday, we went to my wife's parents' to celebrate her birthday (a week early) and our three year old niece, when told we were having chicken for lunch, said "i looooooooooooove CHICKEN SKIIIIIIN!" and i could hardly stop laughing.

Fixer808
12-16-2014, 02:42 AM
yesterday, we went to my wife's parents' to celebrate her birthday (a week early) and our three year old niece, when told we were having chicken for lunch, said "i looooooooooooove CHICKEN SKIIIIIIN!" and i could hardly stop laughing.
At my wedding last month my three year old niece felt that things were dragging, I think, because she came up to me and stage-whispered "CAAAAAAAAAAKE TIIIIIIIIIIIME!"

Dra508
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
From The Relationship Thread:

well, that would be important if you're saying "let's hang out" but you mean you just want to platonically hang out, haha, talk about bad communication! Heh.

that's my elderly mom saying "let's hook up!" to everybody. I had to finally say, "um ... Mom ..."
allegro Bwahahahhahhahhahhaaaaa

halloween
02-10-2015, 03:55 PM
^^ That's like how my dad (in his 70's) will say "What turned you on?" as a way of saying, what interested you. It throws me off guard every time and I've yet to really try explaining to him...

marodi
07-29-2016, 01:17 PM
newmodel87 speaking to emptydesk

How about you actually do something to help out these communities? Talk to them, ask them how you can help, be proactive because simply perpetuating the same rhetoric hasn't solved much. No? Alright, moving on...

I'm a social worker and LPN who manages a food bank.

I'm going to frame it.

october_midnight
07-29-2016, 01:45 PM
http://m.memegen.com/2rqx40.jpg

Lew
07-29-2016, 06:09 PM
emptydesk "Go fold a box."
My new substitute for every curse word, ever.
Bless!!! Rofl.

orestes
07-29-2016, 06:31 PM
@newmodel87 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=5028) speaking to @emptydesk (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=796)

I'm going to frame it.

This is the internet, in a nutshell.

eversonpoe
08-15-2016, 03:05 PM
from facebook, regarding some bullshit in the relationship thread:

If RYAN thinks it is shitty, you know ya fucked up.

said by Sarah K and honoring Ryan

Ryan
08-15-2016, 05:51 PM
from facebook, regarding some bullshit in the relationship thread:

said by @Sarah K (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3236) and honoring @Ryan (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=67)

Damn straight bitchez!

scorpiusdiamond
08-16-2016, 06:53 PM
That's just the way how you celebrate a finished album in NINlands nowadays: Invite some friends and have a massive cupcake party!

right! and then Trent piles up the cupcakes, climbs the next chair and "DIVE AND SLAM"

I actually snorted. Top work.

Lew
12-28-2016, 07:22 PM
"xbox 360 is so ten years ago"

my 9 year old, in response to his father trying to talk him into one. (he wants some 3ds thing, but they are all sold out everywhere. maybe we should check in hell? ;p)

eversonpoe
12-29-2016, 08:07 AM
"xbox 360 is so ten years ago"

my 9 year old, in response to his father trying to talk him into one. (he wants some 3ds thing, but they are all sold out everywhere. maybe we should check in hell? ;p)

the 3DS is actually a pretty good investment. i want to get one for my wife to replace our 2DS (we don't care about the 3D, but the screens on the 3DS are much bigger).

Lew
12-29-2016, 11:34 AM
the 3DS is actually a pretty good investment. i want to get one for my wife to replace our 2DS (we don't care about the 3D, but the screens on the 3DS are much bigger).

thatisOMGETSWTF
uh...the coughing sound i dig...the farting sound i dug...the fucking no spaces thing makes me feel pretty feral. just sayin'.

eversonpoe: thank you, i am glad to know that. i will let the hubs know. i guess hope jr. can wait (and this one is pretty good at waiting) until they are available again.

Lew
12-29-2016, 03:52 PM
"ninchenails" is what my (fifteen, tomorrow!!!!! aaaahhhhhwtf) then toddler son called nin. he was very very fond of "witt" and "itv". actually i kinda loathe the video for witt now, due to watching it ten million times, with kidlet in my lap. try explaining "dystopian" future to a three year old. lol.

wizfan
02-15-2017, 10:37 AM
I never get tired of watching MOTP from Tension.

Pino is so good.

Trent: Alright, so on March of the Pigs, Ilan will complete multiple 12 yard dashes to play drums and keyboard.
Alessandro: There are like, 112 people on stage. Perhaps one of us could do the keyboard part instead?
Trent: ILAN WILL DO IT

Why do we need Meathead when we have Sarah?

Sarah K
02-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Why do we need Meathead when we have Sarah?

Hahaha. I don't know if this is positive or negative!