PDA

View Full Version : 2013.09.30 - Kansas City, MO @ Sprint Center

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
With Explosions in the Sky!

Strongly considering taking a trip to St. Louis show, as well.

thefragile_jake
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Strongly considering making it to both KC and STL! I'll have to choose my vacation time wisely soon as I have a lot of other concerts/places out of town I need to be...but this is too awesome!

Carlie R
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Been waiting for this moment since Trent announced his "break."
Gonna try to make it to this one and possibly Denver. In talks about attending the St Paul show as well if finances allow.

JohninKC
06-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Being this is a home town show for me, this show is a no brainer.

SM Rollinger
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Ill be coming down from Sioux Falls for this one. Awesome, ill have another chance to check out the WW1 museum too (i love that place)

JohninKC
06-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Just throwing this out...NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN, but feeling it out. IF a nearby theater (think two blocks from the Sprint Center) were to show say Closure, or perhaps AVOTT on a big screen the night before the show as a bit of a pre-show day celebration would anyone be interested in attending?

NOTE: This is all VERY hypothetical at this point, but it could happen if the support was there.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-08-2013, 02:02 PM
I'd absolutely leave a day early for that. It'd make for a pretty good little mixer before the show. Maybe some of us could hang there and go out for drinks, then hit the show the following night.

We should watch AAISAD. You know, for lulz.

richardp
06-08-2013, 05:22 PM
You know shit just got REAL when JohninKC dusts off the ol' ETS account.

As for AVOTT, I say absolutely one hundred percent yes since I didn't get to attend the first one. As for Closure, Absolutely, especially if we get Appendage afterwards.

ninperu
06-09-2013, 01:29 AM
--> nin-perú: 2/3

ninperu
06-10-2013, 12:48 AM
--> Hey guys, i'm planing to go to this show (from Perú for the first 3 shows of the tension tour) but i want to know if there's any cheap hotel near this arena?

JohninKC
06-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Google maps, and services like Hipmunk and Kayak are your best bet for hotels. There are lots of hotels within walking distance of the arena since the Sprint Center is downtown. Though cheap and what's downtown can be hit and miss all depending on if there is a convention in town that week. Good Luck!

JohninKC
06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Anyone seen any clues about ticket prices for this show? Early pre-sales have tickets going for about $115 with fees and all and that'll likely seriously hamper most travel plans I have for this tour.

mustang5o
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
After looking at ticket prices for other cities/venues I'd say the ticket prices have the potential to be higher than previous shows. Most seem to have two tiers of pricing. Somewhere around $50 and then nearing $100 per ticket. Makes me wonder what GA floor will be. This may very well be the only show I get to see on this tour if I have to pay $100 for a decent ticket.

Anyway, as stated in the subject, I'll be coming from Omaha, NE. If anyone in the area (or passing through) would like to car pool and maybe split a room let me know. I am considering moving on to St Louis as well if anyone is interested in that. That would be much more likely with someone to split gas and such with for two shows.

loophole
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM
I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Closure at a movie theater that might be a block or two away from the theater.

I'm a little worried about these ticket prices. I was thinking about $75 after fees, but $99 plus fees is a lot. As much as I love this band I might have to sit this one out.

SM Rollinger
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeah, im not going to be going to this one as i just got gouged $225 for St. Paul tickets. Oh well

loophole
06-11-2013, 04:52 PM
The Sprint Center posted the floor / ticketing plan for the show: https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=f9d2650d-446b-43a0-bfee-01457767d565&skin=sprintcenter&preFill=1&skin=sprintcenter&src=AEGSPRI_WMAINMCI010107001&prefill=1

The $99 tix are on the floor and a small area of the reserved seats. The $75.50 ones are the still pretty decent seats then it goes to the $56 ones at the back. Traditionally the sound at the back of the arena hasn't been good, but it could be good to sit back there for this one because of the visual items I'm anticipating.

I haven't decided whether to do the presale yet or wait until the regular on sale (Sprint Center is two blocks from where I work,) but I'm glad there are options.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-11-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm totally gonna have to go for public sale. I had 100 bucks set aside for a ticket, thinking that'd be enough. I suppose it will be, but I have to try to get general admission for something this hype. Luckily, I have that day off, so I guess I'm just gonna get my check that morning and play the waiting game. I was hoping to save some money by buying just one ticket this year, but man. Hitting that "confirm purchase" button is gonna hurt! But totally worth it!

kevinbeetle
06-11-2013, 07:35 PM
if you're looking for cheaper hotels, stay in the independence/blue springs area. its about 20 minutes from downtown. i travel to kc all the time for work and stay at the hilton garden inn in independence, 5 minutes from the royals/chiefs stadiums. think its about $99 a night. im probably going to take a trip the week of the show and try to get tix that day

cheeseprocedure
06-11-2013, 09:26 PM
I am really hoping to get presale floor tickets! I am just happy I had a few records I could sell to raise the funds! This will be my first time getting pre sale NIN tickets... Does anyone know if the presale tickets are the way people get the cool custom printed tickets from the other tours? I have tried on the other tours but was always too late.

Side note... After seeing the ticket prices I have a feeling this tour is going to be epic! I know Trent was eluding to something along those lines but I just figured LITS will be hard to top. I am getting really pumped for a Nails pit again!

JohninKC
06-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Boom KC and StL tickets secured. Hope everyone else fared well in their presale quest. Next up...Orlando?

ninperu
06-17-2013, 01:22 PM
got my GA ticket...

nemesiswontdie
06-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Got my GA ticket ordered 30 minutes ago.

As for the comments above about a theater showing of AVOTT and Closure, I'd definitely would be up for that.

cheeseprocedure
06-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Scored some GA Floor tickets! Now to wait 3 months... I need some WaitMate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbr7B1OVa0g

Wolfkiller
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Holy shit... overslept, just woke up and was sure I missed out on tickets! This was a breeze! (x-posted in Kansas City also)

Amnesiac
06-17-2013, 04:45 PM
argh, I can only order 2 tickets through the pre-sale? I need 3!

Also, does anyone know why there are no cheaper sections than GA available?

jessamineny
06-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Because the best tickets are the tickets that scalpers scalp, and thus the ones the band wants to keep out of their hands and put in the hands of fans.
And because die-hard fans who do presales generally want the best tickets.
And because that's the way they do it.

Amnesiac
06-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Because the best tickets are the tickets that scalpers scalp, and thus the ones the band wants to keep out of their hands and put in the hands of fans.
And because die-hard fans who do presales generally want the best tickets.
And because that's the way they do it.

Thanks for the quick reply!

That makes sense. (I also just noticed that you get early entry into the venue w/ pre-sales.) Hell, I'm broke and was only going to get seats, but if one of my friends will set up a nin.com account, I've decided to say fuck it and go all out. It will be the 1st time seeing NIN for all of us if it works out, after all!

I still wish I could buy all 3 tickets on my own account, though. *grumbles a bit*

austin420
06-17-2013, 05:58 PM
should i have received a conf. email or something? its been a few years so i dont remember how it went down last time. i used my tablet to order, so printing the confirmation page was pretty much a no go.
also, i remember there being somesort of account page you could look at to see your order history and what not; is that not there anymore? for someone who hasnt even been to nin.com since the wave goodbye tour, wtf happened. damn that place is slow. you cant even get to the forums from the front page anymore.

ninperu
06-17-2013, 08:27 PM
should i have received a conf. email or something? its been a few years so i dont remember how it went down last time. i used my tablet to order, so printing the confirmation page was pretty much a no go.
also, i remember there being somesort of account page you could look at to see your order history and what not; is that not there anymore? for someone who hasnt even been to nin.com since the wave goodbye tour, wtf happened. damn that place is slow. you cant even get to the forums from the front page anymore.

yes, i receive the confirmation email instantly... but there's not an account page, only the confirmation email.

ninperu
06-17-2013, 10:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5fbaV19KrE

cheeseprocedure
06-17-2013, 10:46 PM

My confirmation came about half an hour later. Make sure and check your spam folder if you havent gotten one yet.

nemesiswontdie
06-17-2013, 11:09 PM
My confirmation didn't show up till about 10 minutes later. Like Cheese said, make sure to check your spam folder too.

Amnesiac
06-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Yes! I got confirmation for our GA tickets and am psyched to finally see NIN live after almost 20 years of being a fan! I usually don't go to shows, but I couldn't help myself ... I'm quite excited.

Out of curiosity, will anyone be taping this show?

austin420
06-18-2013, 07:50 AM
i orederd my tix right at 1pm in fear of them selling out. my conf. email came about 730 pm. i used a discover card. maybe it takes longer to authorize or something. amazingly, as of right now, 8am the next day, there are still ga presale tickets available. im completely shocked. i went to 4 lits shows and 3 wave goodbye shows and they all sold out in a matter of minutes.

mustang5o
06-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Got me a GA ticket. Still contemplating StL show the next day. Just need someone to split gas and hotel with. Even if someone from KC wanted to car pool to StL together and split a room there, that might work.

ninperu
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Got me a GA ticket. Still contemplating StL show the next day. Just need someone to split gas and hotel with. Even if someone from KC wanted to car pool to StL together and split a room there, that might work.

count on me! i'm going for the first 3 shows...

austin420
06-19-2013, 11:12 AM
sprint center presale begins tommorow (thursday the 20th) at 10 am. here is the link...

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=f9d2650d-446b-43a0-bfee-01457767d565&skin=sprintcenter&src=AEGSPRI_CKROKMCI061913AEG001

password is WISH

copypasta link if needed
https:// tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=f9d2650d-446b-43a0-bfee-01457767d565&skin=sprintcenter&src=AEGSPRI_CKROKMCI061913AEG001

just remove the space after https://

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Gaaaah. I'm really hoping the Sprint Center pre-sale won't wipe out the rest of the GA tickets. I'm sure that it won't, but you never know. I'm banking on being able to get a GA ticket, but I'll settle for whatever I can get. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I ended up buying a cheaper seat.

austin420
06-19-2013, 02:05 PM
you know what pisses me off?
http://i.imgur.com/39qYPEC.jpg

that big grey section below 106 that would be 97 dollar tickets is reserved for the sprint center "founders club" aka corporate donators and big wigs. they wont even sell those seats to the public even if they arent going to be used. every show ive ever gone to at the sprint center had that entire section be empty.

TOOL
06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm curious about that, in the NIN presale I opted for reserved seating and ended up with section 106 row 2. I wonder if it will be the actual row 2, or if row 1 begins halfway up section 106 as it may seem on the map.

loophole
06-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Actually, I think that large gray spot under 106 is what NIN used for their presale. I just went to try and get a $75 ticket, but after seeing $18 in "convenience" fees I think I'll walk down there tomorrow (I work about two blocks away) and buy one. Then I can go see ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of the Dead in July.

you know what pisses me off?
http://i.imgur.com/39qYPEC.jpg

that big grey section below 106 that would be 97 dollar tickets is reserved for the sprint center "founders club" aka corporate donators and big wigs. they wont even sell those seats to the public even if they arent going to be used. every show ive ever gone to at the sprint center had that entire section be empty.

JohninKC
06-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Not trying to go OT here, but following up on the potential AVOTT, Closure or AAISAD at a local theater. So far I've had four folks here express interest. I'll need about 38+ (even more would be AMAZING!) to make this a reality. Without keeping you all in suspense the theater in question is the Alamo Drafthouse which is a few blocks away from the Sprint Center. Trust me when I say a couple of dedicated Nails fans are in the right place to make this happen, @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139) could vouch for this. Thing is I have to have a crowd worth doing it for.

I know I'm being pretty early with this but we book things three months out. Thus I need to make sure there is a want/demand for this sort of thing before I miss the window of opportunity to make it a reality.

That said...even if this screening doesn't work out I'm totally game to meet up with some fellow ETS'ers the night before the show and hit Westport, 403 Club (nice little pinball pub in nearby KCK) or potentially another venue to swap NIN tour stories and just put faces with names. I've made a lot of amazing, talented, life long friends thanks to my fandom of this band.

Ninja edit: I'm really open to any video content in general for the main show. So AATCHB, Beside You In Time, all are on the table. If there is the interest I'll likely get a poll going in a separate thread...errrr something.

richardp
06-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Not trying to go OT here, but following up on the potential AVOTT, Closure or AAISAD at a local theater. So far I've had four folks here express interest. I'll need about 38+ (even more would be AMAZING!) to make this a reality. Without keeping you all in suspense the theater in question is the Alamo Drafthouse which is a few blocks away from the Sprint Center. Trust me when I say a couple of dedicated Nails fans are in the right place to make this happen, @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139) could vouch for this. Thing is I have to have a crowd worth doing it for.

I know I'm being pretty early with this but we book things three months out. Thus I need to make sure there is a want/demand for this sort of thing before I miss the window of opportunity to make it a reality.

That said...even if this screening doesn't work out I'm totally game to meet up with some fellow ETS'ers the night before the show and hit Westport, 403 Club (nice little pinball pub in nearby KCK) or potentially another venue to swap NIN tour stories and just put faces with names. I've made a lot of amazing, talented, life long friends thanks to my fandom of this band.

This man speaks the truth, guys. The Drafthouse already showed AVOTT in early may for the Middle Of The Map Film festival, something which happened purely out of a joking "what-if" conversation between John and I around Coachella, and that showing was SOLD OUT.

So this can absolutely happen.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-21-2013, 10:24 AM
That hurt, but I have a feeling it'll be completely worth it. I just went with Level C. A guy's gotta eat and pay bills. Just gotta sit tight and stash my money away for merch!

loophole
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
This man speaks the truth, guys. The Drafthouse already showed AVOTT in early may for the Middle Of The Map Film festival, something which happened purely out of a joking "what-if" conversation between John and I around Coachella, and that showing was SOLD OUT.

So this can absolutely happen.

I think Closure would be awesome. Especially for the Robin singing Zappa part. I think there'd be interest.

loophole
06-21-2013, 10:51 AM
I walked down to Sprint Center this morning. I'm in Section 106 Row 16 Seat 1. I'll see you all in September.

cheeseprocedure
06-22-2013, 06:11 PM

Ninja edit: I'm really open to any video content in general for the main show. So AATCHB, Beside You In Time, all are on the table. If there is the interest I'll likely get a poll going in a separate thread...errrr something.

Sounds like my lady and I can make it after all. I didnt want to say yes or no until we knew for sure but we decided that we can afford to come up the night before so we can get in line early... gotta get a fence spot! It would be really cool to see some NIN in a theater, so if it works out we will for sure be there!

cheeseprocedure
07-06-2013, 05:27 AM
I had an assignment to make an event poster for my Vector 1 class. I chose to make one for this show and it actually turned out pretty decent! I figured I would share it here and let you guys have a look. I was thinking about maybe trying to get it to Rob to see what he thinks of it... just not sure of the best method. I jokingly said it to my teacher and said that I should, so I figure it is worth a go.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/Project1Final-01_zpsf817ff1b.png

Sarah K
08-06-2013, 08:44 PM
After looking at ticket prices for other cities/venues I'd say the ticket prices have the potential to be higher than previous shows. Most seem to have two tiers of pricing. Somewhere around $50 and then nearing $100 per ticket. Makes me wonder what GA floor will be. This may very well be the only show I get to see on this tour if I have to pay $100 for a decent ticket.

Anyway, as stated in the subject, I'll be coming from Omaha, NE. If anyone in the area (or passing through) would like to car pool and maybe split a room let me know. I am considering moving on to St Louis as well if anyone is interested in that. That would be much more likely with someone to split gas and such with for two shows.

I might be down for this! I've been wanting/thinking about going to the St. Louis show as well. But I didn't think anyone would be up for going to two with me.

I also might have a presale KC ticket available. The original person who I was going with can no longer attend. And I have a friend who is a "maybe" as of now.

*Edit*
I'm also in Omaha...

broevol
08-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Just throwing this out...NOT SAYING IT WILL HAPPEN, but feeling it out. IF a nearby theater (think two blocks from the Sprint Center) were to show say Closure, or perhaps AVOTT on a big screen the night before the show as a bit of a pre-show day celebration would anyone be interested in attending?

NOTE: This is all VERY hypothetical at this point, but it could happen if the support was there.

Would have been awesome if NIN was playing at would be theater instead of Sprint Center...even if he had to play 3 or 4 nights in a row...he would sell out every night.

butter_hole
08-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I had an assignment to make an event poster for my Vector 1 class. I chose to make one for this show and it actually turned out pretty decent! I figured I would share it here and let you guys have a look. I was thinking about maybe trying to get it to Rob to see what he thinks of it... just not sure of the best method. I jokingly said it to my teacher and said that I should, so I figure it is worth a go.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/Project1Final-01_zpsf817ff1b.png
look here:http://tmblr.co/ZW-7vsrfxlRX

this is what they should look like

Sarah K
08-13-2013, 06:41 PM
I for sure have a presale ticket available now... For cost. My friend can't make it now. Don't care! Still going alone! lol

Krazy
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
look here:http://tmblr.co/ZW-7vsrfxlRX

this is what they should look like

That was rude...

<------ can't facepalm

butter_hole
08-14-2013, 04:28 PM
That was rude...

<------ can't facepalm

he asked for some constructive criticism, i showed him how it could be done better. whatever man!

cheeseprocedure
08-15-2013, 02:38 AM
he asked for some constructive criticism, i showed him how it could be done better. whatever man!

Did I? I had asked for it a while back when the assignment was still being worked on... however, I am pretty sure I even said in the quoted post that I posted it on ets so you guys can have a look and never mentioned wanting a critique from anyone other than Rob. Either way though, not sure you understand what constructive criticism is all about. Your reply was neither constructive nor a critique in any form. It was more of a snide comment and a link to a professional's work, that just happened to be for another NIN show. The last thing I would like to point out is that the poster you referenced is made from a picture of a piece of physical art, mainly going to be used for web promos and advertisement, while my poster is 100% vector and made under the concept of being an official silk screened show poster. Im not looking to continue this conversation but did feel the need to agree with Krazy and say in my own words... yeah... That was rude...

butter_hole
08-15-2013, 02:45 AM
cool, wow, sorry

Krazy
08-16-2013, 09:04 PM

(smash it apart...) Just for the fuck of it- you try tweeting it to him? Not sure why I just thought of this now but that would be your best bet for him to see it. They probably lurk here from time to time just not every thread. (could be wrong about that though too)

cheeseprocedure
08-21-2013, 03:51 PM
(smash it apart...) Just for the fuck of it- you try tweeting it to him? Not sure why I just thought of this now but that would be your best bet for him to see it. They probably lurk here from time to time just not every thread. (could be wrong about that though too)

My lady said she tweeted it to him, but I have no idea how twitter works, lol. She sent it around the first festival date so I figure it probably got lost in the flood of compliments. Not sure if there is a twitter etiquette, so I didnt want to resend it and appear rude just in case he did see it and just did care. Thanks for the thought though, feel free to tweet him a link if you feel up to it :) .

Sarah K
08-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Anyone know anyone who would be interested in purchasing a presale ticket?

dunebug81
08-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm thinking of catching this show as well as St. Louis. Anyone up for a road trip? I don't live in KC so I was just planning on renting a car but if you've got a car I've got plenty of gas and dinner money!

JohninKC
08-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Just a small update regarding pre night of show plans. Watching one of the many documented previous NIN performances in a theater is out. Sounds like we're now working at having something in our bar. Perhaps a listening party or just a general social/mingle share NIN road stories kind of thing. I'll keep all updated as things get finalized.

Sarah K
08-26-2013, 02:21 PM
I can't decide if I should go to St. Louis or not. I'm actually packing up my shit before I leave for KC. Then I'm moving to NYC. There are a couple of shows in that area in October. But unsure if I'll have a JOB or whatever by the. Bah.

ninperu
08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking of catching this show as well as St. Louis. Anyone up for a road trip? I don't live in KC so I was just planning on renting a car but if you've got a car I've got plenty of gas and dinner money!

Hey man, i'm for the first 3 tension show so send a pm and we can talk about that...

nemesiswontdie
08-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Just a small update regarding pre night of show plans. Watching one of the many documented previous NIN performances in a theater is out. Sounds like we're now working at having something in our bar. Perhaps a listening party or just a general social/mingle share NIN road stories kind of thing. I'll keep all updated as things get finalized.

Damn, the theater idea was a pretty sweet idea. I'm definitely still down for hanging out in a bar and just relaxing and whatnot.

ninperu
09-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Ok guys, there's only 3 weeks left, let's get organize, anyone who's going for the first 3 (St. Paul, Kansas City & St. Louis)? i am.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-13-2013, 11:56 AM
The first couple checks from last month came in, and that got me an extra $650-ish bucks, with more on the way, so I finally buckled down and bought myself a GA ticket. I'm gonna give my seat ticket to a friend of mine who wants to see the show; told her to call it a late birthday gift.

Not sure that I'll be able to make anything the night before the concert, because my roommates and I are gonna have a big thing and watch the series finale of Breaking Bad, but I'm totally down for something the day of the show. I can probably leave hella early and get some food or drinks, or just look around downtown.

pimco
09-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Has anyone received email instructions from the presale about picking up tickets

Sarah K
09-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Nope. I've been wondering about that myself!

nemesiswontdie
09-24-2013, 02:09 PM
^ Nope from me as well. I too have been wondering myself.

FULLMETAL
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Dear nin.com (http://nin.com/) Member Pre-Sale Ticket Buyer,

Below are the nin.com (http://nin.com/) member pre-sale ticket check-in instructions for the Kansas City Nine Inch Nails show at the Sprint Center on Monday, September 30, 2013.

SPRINT CENTER ADDRESS:
1407 Grand Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64106
816-949-7100

· TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY LOCATION: OAK STREET DOORS - IMMEDIATE ENTRY REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN.
The Oak Street Doors are located just South of 13th Street on the West side of Oak Street. These doors are on the backside (or East side) of the arena (opposite side of the building than the Box Office Windows).

There will be signage and staff, including a nin.com (http://nin.com/) representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference.

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:00PM

· NIN.COM (http://nin.com/) MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:15PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 6:30PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show. To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME printed on your tickets. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES OR TICKET TRANSFERS ALLOWED.

As a reminder, please heed the nin.com (http://nin.com/) ticketing terms:

· Immediate entry required upon checking-in.
· You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.
· Your tickets will have your name printed on them and you must show matching valid government-issued photo I.D. at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.
· Your tickets are non-transferrable and the will call name must match the name on your nin.com (http://nin.com/) account - there will be no will call name changes.
· Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

A tour merchandise stand will open at 4:30PM, weather permitting, outside the venue for those looking to purchase merchandise with time to place it in their vehicle or elsewhere before entering the show. In addition to regular tour merchandise, there will be a limited number of art posters only available for sale at this location (not inside the venue) with a limit of one art poster per customer.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

sunscreen
09-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Will I be able to get close to the stage if I get to the arena a few hours early with a rock the line pass? I wasn't able to get presale tickets.

Sarah K
09-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I have one for sale...

Mr.Metheus
09-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Wow, someone just posted this to Reddit- the venue is running a deal for 4-packs of tickets, $100 total including fees. https://www.facebook.com/livenationkc/posts/10151902318302451

cheeseprocedure
09-28-2013, 09:37 PM
I am getting antsy! We have a room tomorrow night so we can line up really early... probably 8 or 9am. When is everyone else planning on showing up?

nemesiswontdie
09-29-2013, 04:16 AM
I am getting antsy! We have a room tomorrow night so we can line up really early... probably 8 or 9am. When is everyone else planning on showing up?

I plan on being there around 12:30-1:30.

It's going to be a loooooooooong day today. Just waiting and waiting and waiting.

It's like the night before Christmas and you just can't sleep lol.

cheeseprocedure
09-29-2013, 04:35 AM
I plan on being there around 12:30-1:30.

It's going to be a loooooooooong day today. Just waiting and waiting and waiting.

It's like the night before Christmas and you just can't sleep lol.

I hear ya! We are leaving in about 5 hours so we can catch Nelson Atkins before they close... I was supposed to be asleep a couple hours ago, lol. Maybe being tired today will help me get some sleep later tonight at the hotel. ETS going down for a minute almost helped me go to bed... yet here I am... awake... watching cable access. Are you going to be in the pre sale line?

nemesiswontdie
09-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Yup, I'll be in the pre sale line! Hoping to meet a few ETS users while waiting in line.

cheeseprocedure
09-29-2013, 04:54 AM
From the sounds of the MN thread, there wasnt too many people waiting all day like we will be on Monday. I may be wrong though. We got to our first nin show at 6am and were still #9 and 10 in line. Our goal is to finally have an official full on fence spot between Trent and Robin. We have held on to the fence at a couple shows, but we gotta get a fence spot this time! I am pretty easy to notice... big dude, longish hair, beard, big ear guages, a few halloweeny tattoos and glasses. I will also be wearing my Downward Spiral shirt if you still cant find me, lol.

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-29-2013, 10:40 AM
I'll probably show up in town around 1 and see what the line's like, and if I have time, grab something to eat owntown before I get in line. I'm going it alone! Until I meet nemesiswontdie inside, anyway. Anyone else who's gonna be waiting in the non-presale line that wants to meet up/save spots/socialize, shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers and get together to make the wait in line seem less boring. :P

cheeseprocedure
09-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Any recommendations for a place to get delivery tonight in KC? I like pizza but am down to try new things.

nemesiswontdie
09-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll probably show up in town around 1 and see what the line's like, and if I have time, grab something to eat owntown before I get in line. I'm going it alone! Until I meet @nemesiswontdie (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=692) inside, anyway. Anyone else who's gonna be waiting in the non-presale line that wants to meet up/save spots/socialize, shoot me a PM and we can exchange numbers and get together to make the wait in line seem less boring. :P

I'm hoping the line won't be too bad around 1 or so just so we can hang out without the worry of not getting good spots on the floor.

Like you though, I'm going alone. My friends couldn't afford GA tickets and if they can't get GA, they don't want to go at all. Oh well, their loss, not mine lol.

Any recommendations for a place to get delivery tonight in KC? I like pizza but am down to try new things.

It's very rare when I'm out near the Sprint Center, so I can't help with that. Sorry bud.

TOOL
09-29-2013, 10:41 PM
Driving up from Oklahoma in the morning. Hoping to make it in time for the early merch booth and entrance. Have a great time!

Wolfkiller
09-30-2013, 12:41 AM
Driving up from Oklahoma in the morning. Hoping to make it in time for the early merch booth and entrance. Have a great time!

Ditto, cept coming from IL. See you all there, save a spot on the rail for me! ;)

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Got here a bit later than expected but still only about 10 people here before us in the pre sale line!

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2013, 09:46 AM
Got here a bit later than expected but still only about 10 people here before us in the pre sale line!

Damn, 10 people already!? I hope that the line won't be too bad when I get there around 1. I may just end up leaving a bit earlier.

I'll be wearing my Now I'm Nothing shirt, so if you see me come say hi and we'll hang out to make the time go by faster (I'm a big dude, about 6'1/6'2, short dark brown hair just to narrow it down a bit lol).

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 10:04 AM
so far no one new has showed up... looks like the majority of people ahead of us camped out. I will keep an eye out for ya!

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
ok now people are getting here... might want to adjust your arrival time a bit

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah I'll be there shortly actually. Going to get a quick bite to eat, head to the ATM and be on my way there.

FULLMETAL
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Ugh. Very little shade in the queue. Nothing like a bunch of black shirts absorbing all of the sun's rays while being stuck on concrete. Thankfully, there's a refreshing breeze.

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Ugh. Very little shade in the queue. Nothing like a bunch of black shirts absorbing all of the sun's rays while being stuck on concrete. Thankfully, there's a refreshing breeze.

Ha, that ain't no shit. We're all wearing black shirts haha.

The breeze is nice though.

TOOL
09-30-2013, 01:57 PM
If the outside merch is selling a special venue or show-specific poster (not the one with all the tour dates) would anyone be willing to pick up an extra one? I'm starting to doubt that I'll make it into Kansas City by 4:30 or by the early entrance. Would be greatly appreciated, but not expected of course.

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 02:24 PM
no show specific poster. they just let my lady buy stuff early... posters are $20 today btw

richardp
09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Just a heads up, everyone:

After the show, The Chesterfield (the bar attached to the Alamo Drafthouse) will be having a NIN after party with DJ Ben Dorrell spinning the likes of Sonoio, HTDA, NIN, the soundtrack stuff, and anything else NIN related. It's only a couple of blocks away and will literally only take about 60 seconds to walk there once you're outside the venue.

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Another heads up. The outside merch booth was opened early.

tony.parente
09-30-2013, 02:40 PM
... posters are $20 today btw

Facepalming this, not you.

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 02:41 PM
looks like the limited edition is a version like the vinyl cover... I think it's different for the limited MN poster but I'm not sure.

Five_Hole
09-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Both are different than the MN posters.

Wolfkiller
09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Is there parking? Just got to the scary motel, getting ready to join you guys in line!

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Is there parking? Just got to the scary motel, getting ready to join you guys in line!

Parking across the street from the pre sale line, but I'm not too sure if it's full or not because I got dropped off.

cheeseprocedure
09-30-2013, 03:52 PM
it looks like there is room by our car in that lot.

blackheart
09-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I'll be there tonight! My 13th NIN show. I was in St. Paul on Saturday and will be in St. Louis tomorrow as well.
Sadly, I couldn't get nin.com presale tickets for any of the shows this time around, as I was in Russia with no internet connection and shitty cell phone service when they went on sale. :( So, I'll probably show up around 7 (I live just a few blocks from the venue and will be walking there). GA floor tix.

FULLMETAL
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Head's up on security... airport style metal detectors and bag searches.

TOOL
09-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Any idea on when Explosions in the Sky will take stage?

Krazy
09-30-2013, 06:35 PM
Any idea on when Explosions in the Sky will take stage?

Should be 7:30 CST. They started pretty much right at 8:00 on Saturday, which is the start time on the ticket.

ericy210
09-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Any poster pictures yet? What's on it, another version of the album cover? Thanks

ltrandazzo
09-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Guys. You're not in attendance. Stop posting in the thread. The posters are here - http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2258-NIN-2013-Festival-Tension-Tour-Official-Merchandise/page3 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2435-Twenty-Thirteen-Tension-Tour-Tug-Thread-SETLIST-SPOILERS!/page13)

Wolfkiller
09-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Woo! Good show! Anyone going tomorrow? Hope the set list changes up a bit.

FULLMETAL
09-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Fuck yeah! Tonight's show kicked ass!!

All right, I ended up on the rail in front of Pino & Ilan and it was a great spot because the sound mix was perfect! The setlist was excellent and hearing L&S singing on "Into The Void" was a treat only eclipsed by Lisa's solo during "Even Deeper." I really, REALLY enjoyed "various methods of escape" and "while i'm still here/black noise." The intensity of that jam is something to feel.

The crowd felt a bit mild on my end, but I think they were rowdy towards the center. Regardless, the pit was having fun and the band seemed to be enjoying the night.

In terms of criticism, "Surivalism" didn't have the oomph from previous shows but it still worked. I still think the "black noise" transition to "hurt" feels a little awkward, but ima weirdo. I do not like the screen coming down during "all time low." It obscures the entrance of Lisa & Sharlotte and it's hard to see Josh playing that instrument with the bow on "dissapointed." Certainly minor quibbles and they might go away once I hit a new vantage point.

I really hope the plan to release a recording from this tour. This lineup is too awesome not to capture for posterity.

nemesiswontdie
10-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Fuck yeah! Tonight's show kicked ass!! I'll edit this once I have better internet.

It was a pleasure standing next to another ETS-er during the show. It was fucking phenomenal.

My back hurts, my feet hurt, my neck hurts and I'm dead tired and it would be a lie if I said it wasn't worth it because it definitely was.

It was great meeting you FULLMETAL and Alrea.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r672/nemesiswontdie3/20130930_222404_zps31b73b9b.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nemesiswontdie3/media/20130930_222404_zps31b73b9b.jpg.html)

TOOL
10-01-2013, 12:13 AM
What an incredible show. I've seen NIN four times before this; during With Teeth, twice during Lights In The Sky, and during the NINJA tour. I feel like this was the best one. Trent's vocals sounded great and healthy. The sound was incredible and everyone was very energetic.

Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Into The Void
The Frail
The Wretched
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
Burn
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

Even Deeper
Various Methods of Escape
While I'm Still Here
Hurt

Wolfkiller
10-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Between Burn and The Hand That Feeds there was a hidden song played. It was called "Wolfkiller Batman-yelled at some obese woman for threatening his show-girlfriend."

Short but intense track!

nemesiswontdie
10-01-2013, 12:45 AM
Between Burn and The Hand That Feeds there was a hidden song played. It was called "Wolfkiller Batman-yelled at some obese woman for threatening his show-girlfriend."

Short but intense track!

I remember seeing a huge girl with dark blonde hair (I think it was dark blonde) get pulled out by security near THTF. Was that her?

I wonder if she got kicked out. After Explosions played, they kicked some dude out for trying to start a fight.

blackheart
10-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Nabbed a setlist! http://instagram.com/p/e6bLmqF4Rr/

Also, here's a bit of Into The Void: http://instagram.com/p/e6a1oBF4Ri/

I got an elbow rammed into my temple during the second chorus of Burn, but I think I'll be alright. If I don't wake up tomorrow, at least I will have died happily. My 13th time seeing NIN, and one of the best yet.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Fuck. FUUUUUCK. Accounting for the ENTIRE experience, I think this was probably the best NIN show I've seen so far. The show itself went off without a hitch (even when Trent tried to angrily swing his mic stand at the end of Terrible Lie, and hit the lights hanging right above him, immediately dropping it, heh), met a great bunch of people in the crowd, everyone around me sang and danced and moshed the entire show...AND they played my favorite off HM, Various Methods of Escape. What a fucking night. Also, snagged the tour poster and the beanie. The $40 beanie. Fuck it, it's worth it.

Who else was in the Rock the Line thing, by the way? Me and a girl there caved and got sick of waiting in the sunlight, so we went in there, and I remembered someone here mentioning it the other day.

If you're wondering if you saw me, I was the bald/buzz-headed dude in the red Demon Seed shirt.

Fuck, one more thing. I wonder if the long wait since the last album/tour cycle actually helped push NIN out of the public eye enough to keep the bro-fans from wanting to come out to the show. There were so many people down in front who had nothing but love for the band and their music. I'm sure it was probably a combination of that and the $100 pricetag on GA tickets, but still. I think the hiatus did some good.

cheeseprocedure
10-01-2013, 01:09 AM
ouuuuuch! that's what my feet are saying! just got settled into the hotel and waiting on our pizza. it's already been said but the show was awesome! Really bummed I didn't snag a setlist... but it's luck of the draw I guess. I did however nab a nin.com line ride sign after the show. my brain is fried so I won't keep rambling on lol.

nemesiswontdie
10-01-2013, 01:12 AM
I took some videos and I'll upload them all to Instagram and link em here in the morning when I get up.

SarahConnor
10-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Fuck, one more thing. I wonder if the long wait since the last album/tour cycle actually helped push NIN out of the public eye enough to keep the bro-fans from wanting to come out to the show. There were so many people down in front who had nothing but love for the band and their music. I'm sure it was probably a combination of that and the $100 pricetag on GA tickets, but still. I think the hiatus did some good.

We were stage left for the show, thick with bros in KU ball caps & polo shirts. Whither the goths? Exceptional show, the backup singers' addition is a master stroke - brilliant women. I liked the classics but I'm supremely impressed with the ambient-funk style of the new material & Into The Void, Even Deeper as well. The operatic turn the backup singer (name please?) sings on the latter - good god

Sarah K
10-01-2013, 01:19 AM
I had the time of my life.

A chick barfed before the opening act even went on. They then went to go get a janitorial staff with a mop and bucket, and lifted her in to clean it up. I thought they should have made that chick clean it up. Instead, she just stated. What a shitty person.

I was next to a 14 year old boy who knew every word. That was sweet.

I got got into line at about 2:00 this afternoon, and got dead center, one row back. The chicks who were right in front of me on the rail kept copping attitudes every time the crowd got rowdy, and they started getting shoved around. GO SIT IN A FUCKIN' SEAT THEN

Right at the beginning, Trent did some weird tongue wiggling/lip licking thing that makes you instantly realize that he is a pussy eating CHAMP.... That might have been the best moment...

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 01:29 AM
We were stage left for the show, thick with bros in KU ball caps & polo shirts. Whither the goths? Exceptional show, the backup singers' addition is a master stroke - brilliant women. I liked the classics but I'm supremely impressed with the ambient-funk style of the new material & Into The Void, Even Deeper as well. The operatic turn the backup singer (name please?) sings on the latter - good god

Ehhhh...They stayed out of my neck of the woods for the most part, so maybe I should be thankful. ;) There was a dude who was standing in front of me for a while with his head down looking at his phone through like, 3 songs.
I had the time of my life.

A chick barfed before the opening act even went on. They then went to go get a janitorial staff with a mop and bucket, and lifted her in to clean it up. I thought they should have made that chick clean it up. Instead, she just stated. What a shitty person.

Me and a few people I met there were just to the left of that! Close enough to smell it. We must have been in about the same spot. I feel like I probably rubbed elbows with more ETSers than I realized.

Sarah K
10-01-2013, 01:32 AM
I had like a one person buffer between me and the barf. Ugh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 01:54 AM
I had like a one person buffer between me and the barf. Ugh.

At least everyone around cheered for that little cleaning lady when they got her over the barrier and back. I feel like it was a combination of "Hooray, no puke!" and "Hooray! She's taking one for the team to clean puke when she doesn't want to!"

Anyone else notice when Trent started singing random bits of "Closer" during "All Time Low?" I recall him saying quietly, "You get me closer..." and "You let me violate you..." alternately a couple times. Another awesome little twist you can only get from the live show.

nemesiswontdie
10-01-2013, 02:01 AM
I got got into line at about 2:00 this afternoon, and got dead center, one row back. The chicks who were right in front of me on the rail kept copping attitudes every time the crowd got rowdy, and they started getting shoved around. GO SIT IN A FUCKIN' SEAT THEN

Were you the one that was telling the girls sorry if you push into them and it's not your fault? Cause if that was you, you right behind me and Fullmetal lol.

Besides a few hiccups like throw up, dude wanting to start a fight and a lady wanting to start a fight, it seems like the crowd wasn't all that bad. It's been since 2009 since I saw NIN and I forgot how easy going the crowd usually is. I'm more used to metal concerts and getting punched in the back of the head and getting elbowed so some douche can steal my spot in the front row lol.

I uploaded a short video of Find My Way onto my Instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/e6eMxlSJlw/

cheeseprocedure
10-01-2013, 02:20 AM
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/mobile/20131001_012742_zps4da5300e.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/mobile/20131001_012720_zps9ec9cf62.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/mobile/20131001_012445_zpsef01bb72.jpg

Wolfkiller
10-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Were you the one that was telling the girls sorry if you push into them and it's not your fault? Cause if that was you, you right behind me and Fullmetal lol.

I was left of center, three from the rail in a grey shirt with an upside down cross on it. I don't recall anyone near puking but twice during EITS the crowd tried to get rowdy/rude people removed.
As for the tubbo, she disappeared shortly after I turned around and threatened to kill her if she touched my friend. Bitch was one of those privileged never been to a show types who was getting mad about people jumping around and touching her, started saying she was going to punch my friend if her elbow touched her again etc...

broevol
10-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Wow, what a great concert. This is probably 8th or so NIN concert and was my favorite of the last decade. (nothing for me will beat front row center, NIN of the 90s.) Trent sounded great. The back-up singers were awesome, especially during Even Deeper. New tracks sounded good. Old tracks sounded even better. The set-list was awesome. Loved the fact that they didn't play closer. The only 2 songs I would have gotten rid of were Running and Survivalism....not because they didnt sound good, but because I don't like them. Would have rather heard Reptile, Last or Mr. Self Destruct.

orestes
10-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Twerking during All Time Low.

82DMC12
10-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Hey all, great show last night! This was my third NIN show, first being With Teeth, second being Lights in the Sky (both seen in St. Paul). I just moved to KC so I'm glad I can finally see shows in my city instead of traveling 3 hours! I had a pre-sale ticket and was wrist band #111 which seemed lucky, and was proven to be lucky since I got on the rail right in front of Robin, exactly the same place I had during Lights tour. I bought ear plugs before the show but didn't end up using them as the volume didn't seem extreme. I feel fine this morning! Mostly like the rest of you I was impressed that I was surrounded by hardcore fans who were there to show as much love as possible! Trent said he didn't have a very good time last night but he was feeling it a lot better today. Anyone care to comment on KC vs St Paul?

As for the setlist, I'm actually a bit disappointed, I think the setlist from the Lights in the Sky tour was stronger. Many of the newer mid-tempo songs seemed to kill the energy at least from my vantage point. Everything from The Fragile was amazing, especially Somewhat Damaged. Burn was better this time around (much more like the intense studio version), also Came Back Haunted was well-received.

NIN is the only band that I will pay any amount of money for if you get pre-sale and early entry, it's just the only way to do it if you want to be on the floor. By the way, if you were standing next to me, I was the shorter guy, short hair, with gray Periphery shirt on. I hope the awesome girls next to me made it back to St. Louis safely!!!

OSLIN
10-01-2013, 09:43 AM
If you were at the Kansas City show last night, send the Underneath It All podcast a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All (http://www.underneathitall.org/) and contact us through that. I think fans who don't have the opportunity to see NIN live would love to hear your feedback on the show.

Thanks!

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
When would you guys want that video/audio? I still need to start listening to that podcast. I think I will today!

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Double post for VMOE! From an iPod touch, with warbly and clicky audio. It's the only video I could bring myself to record. Trent was putting on such a sick show, I felt like the deserved my attention for the better part of 2 hours. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9_6jT2l7g

botonox03
10-01-2013, 10:53 AM
This show was much more raw than the show in St. Paul. Trent was really into it from the start. Burn was an awesome addition as well!

Unfortunately, I did not realize, once again, that there were limited edition posters (only picked up the poster with the tour dates on it). Does anyone happen to have an extra limited edition poster they would be willing to sell and part ways with? If so, just PM me.

bigcomedown
10-01-2013, 11:54 AM
At least everyone around cheered for that little cleaning lady when they got her over the barrier and back. I feel like it was a combination of "Hooray, no puke!" and "Hooray! She's taking one for the team to clean puke when she doesn't want to!"

Anyone else notice when Trent started singing random bits of "Closer" during "All Time Low?" I recall him saying quietly, "You get me closer..." and "You let me violate you..." alternately a couple times. Another awesome little twist you can only get from the live show.

The people to my left could see and smell the puke... I decided to turn to my right to ignore the fact that it was there. Just the thought of people stepping in it for the next three hours made me want to vomit so I am really glad that they had a cleaning lady come in. She was super amused that everyone was cheering for her before and after.

I saw people post after St Paul about the Closer references in All Time Low, but I didn't notice it in St Paul, so I made sure to pay attention last night and I loved it. Not sure the people around me noticed but I liked it... and I'm not one who misses Closer in the setlist either

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 11:58 AM
It's weird. I was looking forward to not seeing Closer in the setlist after TR said he wouldn't be playing it much anymore, but now that it's gone, I want it to pop up again.

But that's okay. All Time Low is one sexy replacement.

richardp
10-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Good lord where do I start. Was my fifth time seeing NIN, and just had an absolute blast. Planted right in front of the soundboard against the rail and had the best possible view of the entire show. The screens themselves didn't seem to be used as extensively as the LITS show, but that's fine because this whole show is more about performance than anything else. The Hesitation Marks tracks sound incredible. Especially with the backup singers. Good lord the lady hitting the high notes on Even Deeper. Unreal.

AND A WARM PLACE HOLY SHIT. Can't believe I witnessed that in person. Unreal.

Also highly enjoyed twerking to All Time Low with Orestes and the mini bounce pit that we all formed at the end of Somewhat Damaged.

Thanks to Orestes and everyone else I was with, plus meeting Trent and Mariqueen the day before, this was easily the best NIN show I've seen yet.

http://distilleryimage7.ak.instagram.com/83b0b8aa2ab311e395f622000ae90e55_8.jpg

bigcomedown
10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
My thoughts on St Paul vs KC.... I loved St Paul but the pacing was really off having six songs in a row off Hesitation Marks. I didn't mind having 10 new songs overall, I just wanted them mixed up more. I get that Trent has a new album to promote. So after seeing that Into the Void was cut in St Paul due to technical issues, I was beside myself when it made it into the setlist last night in KC. But since songs were exactly the same up until the point, I was a little worried the setlist would continue to be the same. I was wrong, of course, and nearly cried when Trent dived into The Frail.... and Burn later? Jesus. One of my favorite songs and it was so great to jump around to it again.

I agree this set was much more raw. We saw Trent pick up that electric guitar again which was missing from the St Paul show. He even threw it after Terrible Lie along with his mic stand but ended up hitting the low lights above him. It was great to see him play that on so many songs and rock out with Robin. he seemed to be having so much more fun than in St Paul with all the worries about the technical mishaps. And kudos to the lighting guy for GETTING IT RIGHT for the band introduction last night, but I'm still gonna be amused about that mishap in st Paul for a long time :)

PS Richard I'm always gonna hate you for meeting Trent on Sunday when I was still in Minnesota instead of six blocks from Alamo! grrr haha

cheeseprocedure
10-01-2013, 12:54 PM
The people to my left could see and smell the puke... I decided to turn to my right to ignore the fact that it was there. Just the thought of people stepping in it for the next three hours made me want to vomit so I am really glad that they had a cleaning lady come in. She was super amused that everyone was cheering for her before and after.

I saw people post after St Paul about the Closer references in All Time Low, but I didn't notice it in St Paul, so I made sure to pay attention last night and I loved it. Not sure the people around me noticed but I liked it... and I'm not one who misses Closer in the setlist either

This could be a really weird question if it wasn't you, but did you happen to have a conversation based and puppies and unicorns while the puke incident was taking place?

bigcomedown
10-01-2013, 01:17 PM
This could be a really weird question if it wasn't you, but did you happen to have a conversation based and puppies and unicorns while the puke incident was taking place?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't say it was a real conversation but someone did try to distract me with such things! hahahahahahahaha

cheeseprocedure
10-01-2013, 01:26 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wouldn't say it was a real conversation but someone did try to distract me with such things! hahahahahahahaha

lol well that someone was me! if you hadn't said you went to the MN show I probably wouldn't have guessed that was you. The part where you said you couldn't stop thinking about people stepping in it for 3 hours made me pretty sure it was you. I mainly remember the security guy gagging, lol.

bigcomedown
10-01-2013, 02:01 PM
lol well that someone was me! if you hadn't said you went to the MN show I probably wouldn't have guessed that was you. The part where you said you couldn't stop thinking about people stepping in it for 3 hours made me pretty sure it was you. I mainly remember the security guy gagging, lol.

Nice! ETS members are everywhere. I dunno why I just now joined. I maybe had an old username that I don't remember from back in "the day"... things like that happen. There's definitely more activity here for KC than on forum.nin.com :(

blackheart
10-01-2013, 02:11 PM
@bigcomedown (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=3927) & @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139) - You two again! Hey, this is chefambershea from IG. :) We keep running into each other.

richardp
10-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Did anyone else see that dude who straight up dressed like Manson circa 1996 with those like 4 inch platform boots? Jesus Christ, first of all, I'm sure everyone behind really appreciated staring at your fishnet covered back all night. And secondly I saw you walkin around after the show like both your ankles were broken. Next time, function over fashion bud.

The Halloween soundtrack being used as the preshow playlist was AWESOME by the way. Also, despite the lack of ticket sales, the crowd was great. Still in awe at how much stuff we got off of The Fragile. I've been waiting to hear Somewhat Damaged, Into The Void, and Even Deeper for years. So cool.

Currently headed to St Louis to see Sigur Ros but I can't lie, I do wish that I was seeing NIN again. There's always next spring though. I'm sure there'll be a second leg.

@bigcomedown & @richardp - You two again! Hey, this is chefambershea from IG. We keep running into each other.

Destiny

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 02:29 PM
There was a Dragon Tattoo track in there, too. I distinctly heard "People Lie All the Time." That was a nice surprise.

Sarah K
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes on the Manson dude. Not quite sure what that was all about. I kept imagining him being the one to fall down in the puke.

broevol
10-01-2013, 02:59 PM
The Halloween soundtrack being used as the preshow playlist was AWESOME by the way.

Prince of Darkness Soundtrack - John Carpenter

bigcomedown
10-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah, we noticed that guy the second he showed up in line with his friends that weren't dressed too differently than he was. he was pretty far behind me in line but managed to be 3-4 people to my left and maybe back a row. I didn't have any problems with him being a dick or anything, so I didn't really care how he dressed *shrug*

I also loved the soundtrack before the set... it's always nice to see what bands hand pick to play before they go on stage.

*waves at Amber* So funny we've run into each other on Facebook which has to be the oddest place (that doesn't count for you Richard since we share a lot of friends haha)

nemesiswontdie
10-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Did anyone else see that dude who straight up dressed like Manson circa 1996 with those like 4 inch platform boots? Jesus Christ, first of all, I'm sure everyone behind really appreciated staring at your fishnet covered back all night. And secondly I saw you walkin around after the show like both your ankles were broken. Next time, function over fashion bud.

Me and Alrea were talking about that guy when I saw him.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r672/nemesiswontdie3/21f75b3d-06d4-44d9-9f1f-d64fb26597ee_zpsd1d065a1.jpg (http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/nemesiswontdie3/media/21f75b3d-06d4-44d9-9f1f-d64fb26597ee_zpsd1d065a1.jpg.html)

Sarah K
10-01-2013, 04:16 PM
I mean... Dude can dress how he wants. The shoes were shitty for those who were around him. That's all. They had to be 6 inches.

Also, I've always wondered how you get into those latex pants. Is there some sort of lube involved?

ImTheWiseJanitor
10-01-2013, 04:50 PM
The dude CAN dress how he wants. He was never disruptive for me at all or anything. But...it WAS some pretty cray shit.

Wolfkiller
10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Okay which one of you stayed at that shit hole Capri motel with us? Saw a guy checking out in a NIN shirt while I was packing the car.

loophole
10-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I had a blast last night.

I liked how they incorporated a bunch of different songs, many that they haven't played much, but it kind of felt like they put them in the wrong order. There were times where the crowd was really getting into it and then suddenly the mood was changed. It was like putting some songs on your iPod and instead of making an playlist where the songs can flow, Trent put it on shuffle.

Loved the sound and LOVED the light show. It wasn't as interactive as LITS, but it held its own. I also hope they made the backup singers a permanent fixture.

I hope they come back to the area soon.

Amnesiac
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
This was absolutely the best concert I've ever been to. This was my first time seeing NIN, and it surpassed my (high) expectations. I'm still euphoric over the whole thing. Fuck.

On a somewhat related note, I wasn't able to get the art poster (I did get a tour one after the show, but the outside merch stand was closed), and was wondering if there was perhaps some awesome soul who might have picked up an extra copy that I could buy from them. If you have an extra, could shoot me a PM? That would be amazing, as I'd love to have both posters from my first and only NIN show (up to now at least).

I was also very happy that they played Running and VMOE. And Into the Void. And Even Deeper. And had great backup singers ... Guitar destruction. Just wow! Everything about this show was pretty much perfect. It's hard for me to put into words, a bit.

Hazard
10-01-2013, 10:28 PM
The concert was fucking awesome but there were some shits in the crowd. Somebody showed up stinking so badly you could see row after row of people start looking around in horror and grabbing their nose. Seriously like they hadn't showered in a year.
Some fat drunk fuck showed up beside me about 3 songs in and just went berserk slamming into everybody. This was my 7th NIN show and the floor is usually dancing and fun and people so into the music and rocking out but I haven't had someone next to me that just wanted to bodyslam everyone around him regardless of what was played. I was trying so hard to not get knocked to the floor or mauled I couldn't enjoy the show. I'm pregnant (wasn't when I bought the tix) so I had to get the fuck away from him, that stupid cocksucker, and go to the side of the floor, but still close to where Robin was.
I loved the lights and the strobes, and as impressive as the lights were at times this one felt more like "let's make a kick ass rock concert" than "lets try something they've never seen before." I think that really got the crowd into it though. The lights on disappointed were fucking cool and I loved the backup singers. I was so happy to hear the wretched and somewhat damaged. Even Deeper was beautiful. I didn't miss Closer, I thought the setlist was a good mix of old and new. This was my husband's first time on the floor of a NIN concert and he said it's the best concert he's been to.

cheeseprocedure
10-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Just framed up the posters and tickets together. I thought they framed up nicely so I wanted to share a new pic. I was going to delete my original post of the prints but due to the flash I thought this picture wasnt the best to represent what they look like out of a frame.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/mobile/20131001_224518_zps22b31f16.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i221/cheeseprocedure/mobile/20131001_225733_zpsa6f822f6.jpg

mec010
10-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Besides all the comments I'd otherwise have to say about how great the show was, I feel compelled to chime in with the others who have commented about the pre-show music. I wish Trent to give a playlist of that music. A lot of it I recognized, and it was a John Carpenter extravaganza. Music from Halloween, Prince of Darkness, and Escape From New York all played, and if I didn't know any better, at least one track from The Thing. There were some tracks from Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (used to be my ambient music at work for a long time after I got the deluxe soundtrack that included all the unused tracks). And some other stuff I'd like Trent to please identify for me right now please. :)

elentir
10-02-2013, 09:58 AM

I am the tall guy on the rail who she threw up directly behind. It's not the first time I've seen someone throw up at a NIN concert. :) I was impressed that she stuck it out through the entire concert. She must have been barely over 5' tall and was stuck behind me (6'3") for the entire show. I decided to let her and her boyfriend in front of me for the encore since she had a relatively crappy, uncomfortable view most of the night.

Sarah K
10-02-2013, 10:54 AM
Did you say something like... "It will keep peoe from crowding me now"?

damn it. We all need name tags or something at the rest of the shows!

elentir
10-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I think I remarked something along those lines.

bigcomedown
10-02-2013, 11:19 AM

When a bunch of us from the nin.com forum met up at the Wave Goodbye tour, we used a code word that no one would understand unless they were a part of the discussion online beforehand! People would just go around questioning people with that word and then sometimes would get a rousing response when they found another in 'the know'!

klang
10-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Figure now's as good a time as any to register and post, because fuck what a great show. I couldn't afford ground floor, so I was stuck in cheap seat section C (which I believe was the least energetic group of people there...shame). Guessing I saw some of you folks at the Alamo Drafthouse before the show (my buddy and I were creeping in the corner doodling to pass the time). We wanted to go back over for the after party but had one hell of a long drive the next day so decided against it. Still blown away by how many songs from The Fragile we got.

FULLMETAL
10-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Here's a snippet from Copy of A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA0jJ2YxuIQ

Amnesiac
10-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Man, I would absolutely love it if Trent decided to put out a bluray of the tension tour. I'm still euphoric about this show.

Sarah K
10-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Me, too. It is difficult to get the whole effect when you're down in front. I'd love to see a bluray of this.

nemesiswontdie
10-03-2013, 12:57 AM

Next time we'll all just have to wear those name tags that say "Hello my name is: [insert username here]" lol. There was definitely a lot more ETS-ers there than I expected there was.

Did anyone happen to get a good audio recording of the show? I'd love to listen to it on my iPod and such.

Sarah K
10-03-2013, 01:07 AM
I took like a 30 second video during Terrible Lie, and the security guard practically swatted my phone out of my hand. I'm just used to "No professional photography". I didn't know we weren't supposed to do any sort of pics. My bad.

nemesiswontdie
10-03-2013, 01:15 AM
That's weird because I was up in front and I took about 3 1 and half minute videos and the guards didn't give a single fuck. Not 1.

Sarah K
10-03-2013, 01:25 AM
The giant, bald, extremely sexy one is the one who was swatting at everyone. He spent a solid two minutes yelling at the chick next to me, as he had told her to put it away multiple times. He told her if he even saw her phone out again, she was getting booted.

I was just like "Sorry, bro", and he never said anything to me again. So I DONO

bigcomedown
10-03-2013, 02:20 AM
The giant, bald, extremely sexy one is the one who was swatting at everyone. He spent a solid two minutes yelling at the chick next to me, as he had told her to put it away multiple times. He told her if he even saw her phone out again, she was getting booted.

I was just like "Sorry, bro", and he never said anything to me again. So I DONO

Where were you on the floor? People around us were doing video but had really bright annoying lights that stayed on during that time and THAT was the problem that was stopped by security multiple times. It was annoying everyone around the light and was probably not awesome to the band, either.

Sarah K
10-03-2013, 06:18 AM
I had no light on mine, though. I didn't see light on any of the other ones, either. Maybe he was having a bad night or something.

Wolfkiller
10-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Dang, I recorded all of Hurt and the guards didn't even so much as glare at me.

Sarah K
10-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Maybe they just hate fat people. :(

botonox03
10-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Finally got all of my photos uploaded to Flickr. Let me know what you all think. Great Show!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77292639@N05/sets/72157636140329623/

orestes
10-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Probably my most vivid memory of the KC show, short of twerking with @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139), was the group of us collectively pogo-ing up and down, loudly singing the last verse of "Somewhat Damaged".

richardp
10-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Probably my most vivid memory of the KC show, short of twerking with @richardp (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=139), was the group of us collectively pogo-ing up and down, loudly singing the last verse of "Somewhat Damaged".

This is, out of the five times I've seen NIN live, easily my most cherished memory.

ninperu
10-06-2013, 11:57 PM
--> Hey guys, i just want to share this with all of you:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151909434172247.1073741837.122876062246&type=3

ninperu
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Hey guys, if you have any videos from this show and you want to share them for a multi-cam proyect send me a PM or write me to ninperu@hotmail.es

ninperu
11-29-2013, 09:28 PM
--> http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/2772-nine-inch-nails-lose-myself-in-kansas-city-(multi-cam)