PDA

View Full Version : 2013.09.28 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center

Pages : [1] 2

orestes
06-06-2013, 06:35 AM
With Godspeed You! Black Emperor

picketyp
06-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Seems like a pretty good reason to visit Minnesota again.

heavenly_bearded
06-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Nice! Start my road trip from home! Too cool...

hagcel
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/838/screenshot20130606at113.png

little pricy. oh well. Hoping 77.50 is for the floor.

Moebius
06-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Opener appears to be Explosions in the Sky, actually.

Krazy
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
In. (Assuming no stupid ticket fiasco)

Collin
06-06-2013, 01:27 PM
I'll probably go to this. I already got Lolla tix, but I'm actually from MN so this is pretty ideal. I doubt this will sell out on day one since it's the freaking Xcel Energy Center which can fit a lot of people. I would be surprised if it sold out even because I'm pretty sure they didn't even sell out the Target Center in 2008 and that's a smaller venue. I like EITS but it's too bad that Godspeed isn't opening because they're one of my all time favorite bands with NIN. Also, tix for 100 bucks? what happened there? In 2008, i feel like tix were like a little over $50.

heavenly_bearded
06-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Xcel sold out in 13 minutes last time in 2005. Feel free to not be online buying tickets at release time, but they will be gone. Guaranteed.

Krazy
06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I was at the LITS Target Center show, if it didn't sell out than it was by a small margin- I didn't see any empty seats. This was the postponed show too, right around Thanksgiving if I remember correctly.

SM Rollinger
06-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Ill be attending this one for sure.

culero
06-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Man, I can't decide if I should try for floor seats. I could be wrong, but don't think people will remain seated the entire show. Then again, people surprised me last time Tool was here. What seating are you guys thinking about?

*Edit* N/M Looks like it will be GA Floor.

Krazy
06-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Man, I can't decide if I should try for floor seats. I could be wrong, but don't think people will remain seated the entire show. Then again, people surprised me last time Tool was here. What seating are you guys thinking about?

*Edit* N/M Looks like it will be GA Floor.

I plan on getting lower bowl seats, definitely wanna "watch" this show. And I have no idea why Tool's last couple mini-tours have been seating in GA. Not that they're a mosh pit type of band but its always been GA floor for them.

We're getting old.

leo3375
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll be there. I may not be able to get pre-sale tickets but I do plan on getting something good. Last two times they came through the Cities I got floor tickets and being dead center up front is amazing. But now I feel like I might be better off getting seats so I can take in the visual presentation better. Also, this is the weekend that the husband and I will be celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary and he's considering coming along.

Rudi
06-07-2013, 02:22 AM
9/28 is also my wife's birthday. Does anyone know if the presale tix would just be the floor seats or if there's a chance to get lower bowl during that time?

Of course if our son decides he wants to go, then I'll need 3 and will have to wait for the public sale.

ninperu
06-09-2013, 01:28 AM
--> nin-perú: 1/3

ninperu
06-10-2013, 12:48 AM
--> Hey guys, i'm planing to go to this show (from Perú for the first 3 shows of the tension tour) but i want to know if there's any cheap hotel near this arena?

jessamineny
06-10-2013, 06:23 AM
9/28 is also my wife's birthday. Does anyone know if the presale tix would just be the floor seats or if there's a chance to get lower bowl during that time?

Of course if our son decides he wants to go, then I'll need 3 and will have to wait for the public sale.

In past presales, you had a choice of GA Floor or seats (which were the first lower sections to the side)

Rudi
06-11-2013, 01:03 AM
In past presales, you had a choice of GA Floor or seats (which were the first lower sections to the side)

Well, I just found out tonight I need 3, so that puts me out of early ticket sales. I'll just get up early and fight the scalpers on Friday. Thanks for the info though.

LexTron6K
06-11-2013, 01:50 AM
--> Hey guys, i'm planing to go to this show (from Perú for the first 3 shows of the tension tour) but i want to know if there's any cheap hotel near this arena?

There's a hostel a few blocks away from my place. It's in Minneapolis, but it's a very quick and easy bus ride from my place (or the hostel) to the Xcel Center in St Paul. I've never stayed at the hostel, so I don't know what the place is like, but I imagine it's about as cheap a place as you're going to find.

http://www.minneapolishostel.com/

culero
06-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Good luck everyone! I may be old, but still gonna shoot for GA. Had a great view @Target Center from the soundboard for LITS. Also, it was nice to be able to let loose on certain songs without worrying about pissing people off next to you.

heavenly_bearded
06-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Hi-5s with butcher knives bitches! Got my presales for St Paul. Very happy here. Tried for OH tickets and DC tickets and failed both times. Now for those Las Vegas tickets in 2 hours... Too much stress...

ninhead007
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
"

Error Adding Item to cart. The item you have chosen uses a different Currency than the item(s) already in your cart.

http://media.musictoday.com/ticketing/NineInchNails/images/spacer.gif

There are no items currently in your cart"

BS!

paulb
06-11-2013, 01:38 PM
any of the presale links working? Im looking for St. Paul tix and Im just getting "This site can only be accessed from within the official site. If you believe you have reached this page in error, email tix@musictoday.com." Im logged in and everything... wtf?

SM Rollinger
06-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Got 2x general admission, Google Chrome for the win!!!

edit: i had to use the Auburn Hills link, then from there i was able to buy the tix.

jessamineny
06-11-2013, 01:41 PM
any of the presale links working? Im looking for St. Paul tix and Im just getting "This site can only be accessed from within the official site. If you believe you have reached this page in error, email tix@musictoday.com." Im logged in and everything... wtf?
Try clicking the on sale links for one of the other cities that are already on sale. That has gotten several people through when they were in the same situation.

Krazy
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
^^^ Nothing is fucking working. Fuck.

pigpen
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
error page all day.. :(

paulb
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
thanks, that worked.... no tickets available. boo.

Krazy
06-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Oh, now I'm in! Sold out. :/

screwdriver
06-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Try clicking the on sale links for one of the other cities that are already on sale. That has gotten several people through when they were in the same situation.

oof, wish I would've known this earlier! presales all sold out now :-/ oh well, I'll probably be able to snag cheap stubhub tix

SM Rollinger
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Holy shit that was fast!!! Did anybody else get tickets too??

hagcel
06-11-2013, 01:48 PM
keep trying. it kept saying no tickets available then it finally gave me 1. people add to their cart then mess up, crash, whatever and the ticket gets released again.

Krazy
06-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Got them- everyone keep trying.

What a clusterfuck that was though.

ninhead007
06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Am I the only one that got/keeps getting this bs?

"

Error Adding Item to cart. The item you have chosen uses a different Currency than the item(s) already in your cart.

There are no items currently in your cart"????

jessamineny
06-11-2013, 01:59 PM
oof, wish I would've known this earlier! presales all sold out now :-/ oh well, I'll probably be able to snag cheap stubhub tix

I wish I would have known then, too!

hagcel
06-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Am I the only one that got/keeps getting this bs?

"

There are no items currently in your cart"????

Yeah I got that plus the 'site can only be accessed through the official site' but I eventually got through and got my tickets.

Pretty stressful stuff!! I'm still shaking haha

SM Rollinger
06-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah I got that plus the 'site can only be accessed through the official site' but I eventually got through and got my tickets.

Pretty stressful stuff!! I'm still shaking haha
Lol, im feeeling pretty wired myself too! Its been awhile (since the WT small club tour) since ive had to get tickets on a presale like this!

hagcel
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
yeah i'm going to be up north with no connection starting thursday so today was do or die for me.

hope everyone else eventually had luck. otherwise there is a live nation and 93x presale thursday and TM on Friday. Best price will be at Xcel Box office.

ninperu
06-11-2013, 02:08 PM
--> Got my ticket on GA... tears start to fall...

LexTron6K
06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Tickets procured. I'll see you all at the front of the line.

Mr. Blaileen
06-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Got my tickets...I was getting errors at first, but I kept at it, and it eventually worked. I'm super pumped; although tickets were more expensive than I was expecting. Oh well.

YOLO, as the kids say.

Jayson
06-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Anyone else get Sec 117 for reserved seats? I've checked all the possible seating charts and haven't found a Sec 117 yet, it jumps from Sec 116 to Sec 118. To make matters worse, it looks like Sec 117 would possibly be behind the stage.

skullboy0
06-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Anyone else get Sec 117 for reserved seats? I've checked all the possible seating charts and haven't found a Sec 117 yet, it jumps from Sec 116 to Sec 118. To make matters worse, it looks like Sec 117 would possibly be behind the stage.

The chart on Ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com/nine-inch-nails-tension-2013-saint-paul-minnesota-09-28-2013/event/06004A838E2242A2?artistid=735762&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60) shows it right between Sections 116 & 118, & next to & slightly in front of the stage.

hagcel
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
I sat in a similar proximity for The Wall and the seats were awesome. All depends on the stage setup I suppose. Interesting that they are using just over half of the arena...

Krazy
06-12-2013, 11:08 AM

My first go at it in pre-sale was in section 117- I immediately dumped them. Yeah, it's too close to the side of the stage.

culero
06-13-2013, 01:48 AM
Anyone know the password for the 9:30AM pre-sale for tomorrow? Din't know there was once until a few minutes ago, but it's listed under the sale times. I want to help out my cousins who weren't able to get them via NIN.com. We know the 10AM live nation one.

culero
06-13-2013, 02:01 AM
I sat in a similar proximity for The Wall and the seats were awesome. All depends on the stage setup I suppose. Interesting that they are using just over half of the arena...

The visuals just didn't look right from the side of the stage (section 102 fourth row). I was happier the first time I saw him from sec 114, those were also from his pre-sale and cheaper.

ninperu
06-13-2013, 08:08 AM
--> anyone get any charge for the tickets?

dbrekke
06-13-2013, 09:12 AM
9:30 "internet" presale password? ANYONE?!?!?!?

leo3375
06-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Got tickets in Section 115! WOOT!

EDIT: Apologies for not disclosing the password. I didn't want to take the chance that scalpers would find it and take advantage of it.

dbrekke
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Please? DM?

becoming
06-13-2013, 09:56 AM
TENSION is the password

dbrekke
06-13-2013, 10:03 AM
I figured it out. Duh.

heavenly_bearded
06-13-2013, 10:29 AM
9:30 presale = no GA tickets available.
10:00 presale = everyone gets GA?

Not that I care, I got my cool nin.com presales, but some friends were upset and now have extra tickets for seats from buying twice. Lower level section 115 if anyone is in need. Face value of course :)

SM Rollinger
06-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Its months away, but im so friggin excited for this show!!!

Since its the first show of the Tension 2013 tour, chances are good some songs will be debuted at this show, awesomeness!!

Also, i plan on staking out my place by the soundboard for optimal recording positioning, via the nin.com presale early entry deal. Anybody else planning on recording too?

ninperu
06-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Anyone is planning to go to the first 3 shows? (st. paul, kansas city & st. louis)... i'm looking for people to make a cheaper trip...

Krazy
06-15-2013, 08:06 PM
^^^ I'm not but check the carpooling thread:
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1765-Official-carpooling-arrangements-thread

Antioch
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Well, I bought two too many damn tickets.

ninperu
06-17-2013, 10:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hb8P40YOuI

pigpen
06-25-2013, 06:11 PM
Got tickets for front row of section 216. It's upper balcony, but from what I've read, there's not a bad seat in this place, so I'm cool with that.
All these shows are at least 5.5 hours away from me..Next time, hopefully they won't be so far and I can make up what I don't spend in gas/accommodations
with better tickets. I'm just happy to get to see this show! Gonna be fuckin awesome!

leo3375
06-25-2013, 10:28 PM
XCel is a really good venue. It was built with concerts in mind. I saw NIN there back in 2005 (I was on the floor for that one. I remember some dudes crowd-surfing on a large floor tile during QOTSA's set. Thankfully it was put back in place rather promptly since it exposed ice due to NHL preseason being underway. Think of the lawsuits that could have ensued.). I also saw—don't laugh—Lady Gaga there in 2010 (I was up in the nosebleeds for that one but I had a good view and she utilized monitors so people could see some of the action better. She does put on a great live performance, I will admit.).

LexTron6K
06-26-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm laughing.

heavenly_bearded
06-26-2013, 06:05 PM
XCel is a really good venue. It was built with concerts in mind. I saw NIN there back in 2005 (I was on the floor for that one. I remember some dudes crowd-surfing on a large floor tile during QOTSA's set. Thankfully it was put back in place rather promptly since it exposed ice due to NHL preseason being underway. Think of the lawsuits that could have ensued.). I also saw—don't laugh—Lady Gaga there in 2010 (I was up in the nosebleeds for that one but I had a good view and she utilized monitors so people could see some of the action better. She does put on a great live performance, I will admit.).
I will agree with you. As far as sound quality goes, Xcel has the best sound over all the other arenas in MN. Have seen many shows there from NIN to Tool, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, MN Wild games. I also saw-don't laugh-Bob the Builder there years back.

I can remember them ripping the board up off the ice and crowd surfing. Not the first time that has been done at the Xcel. In fact, we made it popular back at Tool Lateralus tour.

Point being, if you are coming from out of state to see a show, make it one at the Xcel. Hands down best in MN.

nessasparkles
07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I agree re: excel. I was at the 2005 NIN show there, and then this year (my mom made me go to) Pink. It's a good space for the visuals.

I got my two GA tix through the presale, but am looking for a third if anyone is willing to let one go, preferably for face value. :) Is that an unspoken rule on ETS? I'm used to the old nin.com forum rules for the final club tour, for which only face value sales were allowed.

Pillfred
07-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I too recall the floor tile surfing dudes! Looking pretty bleak for funds coming up but i may have to try and see if i can find a way to make this show.

leo3375
07-02-2013, 10:45 PM
Whatever you do, don't buy tickets through a reseller or scalper. Trent hates them with a fiery passion—and so do I—and you might be ripped off. You're better off not going than paying $500 for a $38 ticket.

LexTron6K
07-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Mooseknuckle?!?

xolotl
08-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Does anyone happen to have an extra GA ticket available that they'd be willing to part with, btw? For various reasons I just couldn't justify spending the money at the time when they went on sale, but now that things have evened out a bit, it'd be nice to get in. There are still seats available in the venue, of course, but I really cringe at the thought of being stuck in a seat for a NIN show.

pigpen
08-03-2013, 02:33 PM
I've seen nin 3 times now, two of which were GA/Pit shows, and one seated and to be totally honest, I preferred the seat. I could relax and just watch the show without the fear of people squashing the merch I'll always inevitably buy. That said, I'll be at this show, but somehow I have this sneaking suspicion that the seats we have are going to not be so good.

ninperu
08-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Does anyone happen to have an extra GA ticket available that they'd be willing to part with, btw? For various reasons I just couldn't justify spending the money at the time when they went on sale, but now that things have evened out a bit, it'd be nice to get in. There are still seats available in the venue, of course, but I really cringe at the thought of being stuck in a seat for a NIN show.

Hi, i have an extra ticket but i'm going to pick up both (mine and the other) the day of the show... PM me

Krazy
08-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Five. Fucking. Weeks.

Hopefully this tour meets or exceeds my expectations, I'd have to hit one of the other shows shortly after (possibly Detroit) since I've got vacation days I still need to burn.

<------ bored on a Saturday night.

heavenly_bearded
08-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Five. Fucking. Weeks.

Hopefully this tour meets or exceeds my expectations, I'd have to hit one of the other shows shortly after (possibly Detroit) since I've got vacation days I still need to burn.
See you there! There will be a bunch of us at this show. For your vacation days... Vegas double-shot is going to be fantastic. Lots of cool folks will be there too.

Krazy
08-24-2013, 10:15 PM
See you there! There will be a bunch of us at this show. For your vacation days... Vegas double-shot is going to be fantastic. Lots of cool folks will be there too.

- Lollapalooza
- St. Paul
- Phoenix
- Vegas (Saturday show only as of right now)

I'm gonna see how the first show goes. Someone posted in here a couple months ago seeing a band too many times for the same tour kind of wears on you and don't appreciate it that much- as much as I love live NIN I'd agree with that statement.

See you there.

ninperu
08-24-2013, 11:23 PM
We should get together to play NIN-Stalking!!!

Paper Street
08-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Hey, me and the wife are going up for this show from Omaha, NE so if any of you guys are getting together we should meet up.

NIN show number six for me baby! Let's do it!

SM Rollinger
08-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Ok seriously, who else is taping this show besides me? I can't be the only one.

edit: as for my audio, ill be dropboxing it when i get home, and probably submitting it to ritc as well.

LexTron6K
09-03-2013, 09:51 PM
For all who are interested my band Fallen Empire is going to throw a NIN pre-party at our studio space in Minneapolis on Friday the 27th. Our studio is located in a factory just north of downtown. We'll be drinking, we'll be talking about NIN, and we'll be playing some music. This is what we sound like:

https://soundcloud.com/lextron6k/sets/fallen-empire-lp01/s-fbQYo

Shoot me a PM for more details, or look us up on Facebook. I definitely hope to see some EIS folk there!

https://www.facebook.com/fallenempiremusic

Paper Street
09-04-2013, 05:00 PM
For all who are interested my band Fallen Empire is going to throw a NIN pre-party at our studio space in Minneapolis on Friday the 27th. Our studio is located in a factory just north of downtown. We'll be drinking, we'll be talking about NIN, and we'll be playing some music. This is what we sound like:

https://soundcloud.com/lextron6k/sets/fallen-empire-lp01/s-fbQYo

Shoot me a PM for more details, or look us up on Facebook. I definitely hope to see some EIS folk there!

https://www.facebook.com/fallenempiremusic

If I can convince the significant other, we will be there.

heavenly_bearded
09-05-2013, 08:36 AM

You already know the wife and I are in. And you also mentioned a pre-Saul party?

EIS = Epidemic Intelligence Service?

LexTron6K
09-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Yup. More just a hang out at the studio pre-Saul, and I guess more just a studio hang out pre-NIN as well. We'll drink some beers, talk some NIN, and Fallen Empire will bang out some jams.

ninperu
09-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Ok guys, there's only 3 weeks left, let's get organize, anyone who's going for the first 3 (St. Paul, Kansas City & St. Louis)? i am.

Jayson
09-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

Heading to the show for the weekend, coming in on Friday. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, anything I should check out? I'm looking for more the local picks (cool clubs, eats, shops, stuff like that) not the touristy stuff. Any cool music/vinyl stores in the area?

heavenly_bearded
09-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Record shops in Minneapolis/St Paul worth checking out:

Minneapolis
Cheapo/Applause - Lake St. Also a location in St Paul on Snelling.
Electric Fetus - Franklin Ave.
Extreme Noise - Lake St.
Hymie's Vintage - has some cool stuff but quiet like a library, not your normal record store.
Know Name Records - Portland Ave
Roadrunner Records - Nicollet Ave.
Treehouse Records - Lyndale Ave. Uptown Minneapolis is a very fun and cool place. Cheapo, Extreme Noise, and Treehouse are all pretty close to each other. Bring a GPS.

Cheapo shops are pretty good as they are right in college towns and are fairly large. It you want to travel outside of the twin cities a bit I suggest Down in the Valley in Maple Grove or Golden Valley.

You want the best eats? It is not necessarily "eat when you come to MN food", but Fogo De Chao is by far the best I have had in Minneapolis. $50 a plate but magnifique.

gunn13
09-09-2013, 10:28 AM
Definitely go to Cheapo; it is huge. Spent a whole day there last time I was over in Minneapolis (I've got a tonne of NIN stuff on hold to have a look through when I get back over this November).

I would second Fogo de Chao also. Best meal ever.

G8RGÜD
09-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker for ages but finally joined ETS after completely losing my shit over how much I love the new album. I live in Chicago and wasn't able to see them at Lolla so I decided to buy a flight to Minneapolis for the opening of Tension since Trent hasn't made any plans to bring it to Chicago. Problem is I don't have a ticket to the show yet. I've checked eBay and Craigslist and what's left on TM but decided it might be best to just ask you guys here since I'd feel better about it being real fans and not just asshole scalpers. SO... Anyone have an extra ticket to the show?? Lol
**nevermind! Just got killer seats from ticketmaster!

heavenly_bearded
09-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Definitely go to Cheapo; it is huge. Spent a whole day there last time I was over in Minneapolis (I've got a tonne of NIN stuff on hold to have a look through when I get back over this November).

I would second Fogo de Chao also. Best meal ever.

Don't bother going to Cheapo if you are looking for NIN stuff now, I have that place on lock-down. Anything you see on the shelves pass through my hands first. Still lots and lots of other good stuff though.

Fogo is the only steakhouse I have ever been to that offers churrascaria Brazilian cooking. Best I have ever had.

pigpen
09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Don't bother going to Cheapo if you are looking for NIN stuff now, I have that place on lock-down. Anything you see on the shelves pass through my hands first. Still lots and lots of other good stuff though.

Fogo is the only steakhouse I have ever been to that offers churrascaria Brazilian cooking. Best I have ever had.

hahahaha, you're like the Al Capone of nerdy nine inch nails dorks. ;)

heavenly_bearded
09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
"I am like any other man. All I do is supply a demand. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alcapone382182.html)"

"This American system of ours, call it Americanism, call it capitalism, call it what you will, gives each and every one of us a great opportunity if we only seize it with both hands and make the most of it. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alcapone408711.html)"

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alcapone125321.html)"

Al Capone indeed :)

G8RGÜD
09-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, in case anyone is interested, ticketmaster has incredible seats available right now for this show. I just got sec 116 row 5!!!!

leo3375
09-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Hey guys,

Heading to the show for the weekend, coming in on Friday. I've only been to Minneapolis once before, anything I should check out? I'm looking for more the local picks (cool clubs, eats, shops, stuff like that) not the touristy stuff. Any cool music/vinyl stores in the area?

Lots of nice parks in Minneapolis and St. Paul. I recommend Minnehaha Park and the Sculpture Garden in Minneapolis and Como Park in St. Paul. For museums there's the Science Museum in St. Paul and the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Walker Art Center in Minneapolis. For good local eats I like Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis. My brother really likes Masu in Northeast Minneapolis if Japanese food is your thing. Lots of good restaurants around the area, really. If you're into sports, the Minnesota Twins are playing their final games of the season the same weekend NIN is in town. Target Field is one of the best ballparks in the country.

And yes, it's totally touristy, but if you haven't been to the Mall of America, I suggest you go so that you can at least say you've been there. Locals do shop there but it does attract more out-of-town and out-of-country visitors. (Lots of Canadians, Chinese, and Indian visitors there.) There's no sales tax on clothing in Minnesota so if you're coming from a state or country that does charge tax on clothing this is a good place to update your wardrobe. (I see lots of Wisconsin license plates in the ramps in August, so you know that the Sconnies would rather drive into Minnesota and not have to pay tax on clothing than load up at their local Target.)

LexTron6K
09-12-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey guys,

Make sure to hit The Electric Fetus in Mpls and Into The Void in St Paul for awesome local record shops. For food, I would definitely hit all three of these places for the best iconic Mpls meals: Micky's Diner (St Paul, very very near the Excel Center) and Matt's and Anchor Fish and Chips in Minneapolis. All cheap, all incredible, and all very much Minneapolis. While you're at Anchor be sure to head across the street to Dangerous Man Brewing for some super delicious, super fresh and very cheap local beer.

As far as clubs, try the Triple Rock, The Hexagon, or the CC Club, and as always, First Ave is king.

Shameless band plug:

https://soundcloud.com/fallenempire/sets/fallen-empire-self-titled/s-qdbty
https://facebook.com/fallenempiremusic

My band Fallen Empire was trying to book a show for the 27th, but to no avail. We're looking at getting some EITS folk and local friends to your studio instead. PM me if interested.

heavenly_bearded
09-12-2013, 11:34 AM
Wife and I were going to come for this Lex, but NINfanatic82 is taking Amtrak from Michigan and is coming into town Friday evening and I have to get him from the station. Are you guys anywhere near the Amtrak station in Minneapolis?

A record shop called Into The Void... How the fuck have I not seen this?

I will second Matt's bar. Home of the Juicy Lucey. There has always been an argument between them and the 508 Bar over who was the original. Feel free to go test and see which one you like more, but Matt's is the best.

Krazy
09-14-2013, 10:59 PM
In two weeks!! :D
It'll be over. :(

If I come out the venue thinking it put LITS to shame, they'll have pulled off something fucking epic.

LexTron6K
09-19-2013, 09:41 AM
The Amtrak station is about 10.5 miles from my studio.

xolotl
09-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Hello again! I'd asked awhile ago and an initial offer fell through - does anyone have a spare GA Floor ticket available for this show? I did get myself a seated ticket awhile back, but I'd really love to see this show from the floor.

That other guy
09-20-2013, 11:27 PM
I wont be at this show ,but let the countdown begin , little over a week to go...

Hookah420666
09-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Fuck yes less than 1 week to go. I've got a question for people who been to this venue before. I've got my ticket but it's for section 220 which is the side of the stage and was wondering if they will be making sure people are in their proper seats or do i have a chance of wandering to a better section or the ability to get on the floor when the lights go out when NIN takes the stage

pimco
09-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Has anyone received email instructions from the presale about picking up tickets

LexTron6K
09-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Nope. You'd think that would arrive soon, huh?

FULLMETAL
09-24-2013, 02:59 PM
For HTDA, Modlife sent the e-mail 5 days before my Vegas show. I'm sure something will pop up before Thursday.

LexTron6K
09-25-2013, 11:38 AM
It looks like for the NIN.com tickets there are no printed tickets for this event; it's will-call only.

Does anybody have any idea where the entrance will be for the NIN.com ticket holders?

FULLMETAL
09-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Below are the ticket check-in instructions for the St. Paul Nine Inch Nails show at the Xcel Energy Center on Saturday, September 28, 2013.

XCEL ENERGY CENTER ADDRESS:
199 West Kellogg Blvd.
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651) 265-4800

· TICKET CHECK-IN / EARLY ENTRY LOCATION: GATE ONE - IMMEDIATE ENTRY REQUIRED UPON CHECK-IN.
The Will Call table will be inside the Gate One lobby. Go to the Gate One entrance and then to the far right door inside the main lobby. Gate One is the arena’s Southeast Entrance on Kellogg Blvd and also the lobby where the main box office is located.

There will be signage and staff, including a nin.com (http://nin.com/) representative, on site to direct you. Attached is a map for reference.

· TICKET CHECK-IN BEGINS AT 5:30PM

· NIN.COM (http://nin.com/) MEMBER PRESALE EARLY DOORS OPEN AT 6:45PM

· DOORS TO THE PUBLIC OPEN AT 7:00PM

We strongly urge you to arrive early to avoid a long wait and missing any of the show. To pick up your tickets, you MUST show a valid GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTO I.D. that matches the NAME printed on your tickets. Please make sure your guest is with you at the time of ticket pickup as they will not be able to pick up the ticket without you and will need to enter with you. Immediate entry is required upon checking-in. Once you are checked in, there are no ‘”ins” and “outs.”

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. THERE WILL BE NO WILL CALL NAME CHANGES OR TICKET TRANSFERS ALLOWED.

As a reminder, please heed the nin.com (http://nin.com/) ticketing terms:

· Immediate entry required upon checking-in.
· You cannot check-in unless your entire party is with you and you cannot hand/assign your tickets to someone else.
· Your tickets will have your name printed on them and you must show matching valid government-issued photo I.D. at the venue in order to pick up your tickets.
· Your tickets are non-transferrable and the will call name must match the name on your nin.com (http://nin.com/) account - there will be no will call name changes.
· Violation of these terms will result in the forfeiture of your tickets without a refund.

A tour merchandise stand will open at 5:00PM, weather permitting, outside the venue for those looking to purchase merchandise with time to place it in their vehicle or elsewhere before entering the show. In addition to regular tour merchandise, there will be a limited number of art posters only available for sale at this location (not inside the venue) with a limit of one art poster per customer.

Thank you and enjoy the show!

The nin.com (http://nin.com/) Member Pre-Sale Team

hagcel
09-25-2013, 03:38 PM
ha, i hadn't realized this is the first show of the tour. won't have to worry about spoilers i guess! i'm pretty excited. the weekend can't get here fast enough! sounds like rain all day though which will suck although the lobby is pretty big inside inside the X so hopefully they will let people queue inside.

hopefully they can set up the merch stand inside too. although the email does say it will be outside weather permitting...

xolotl
09-25-2013, 04:52 PM
sounds like rain all day though which will suck although the lobby is pretty big inside inside the X so hopefully they will let people queue inside.

I typically don't believe weather reports which are even 24 hours out, to say nothing of the weekend. I remain optimistic!

(And, while I'm posting - I'd still love to get my hands on a spare GA ticket, if anyone's got one!)

Krazy
09-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I'll worry about the weather that afternooon- and honestly who gives a shit (outside of the merch booth anyways), the show is indoors.

I remember the forecast for Lolla this year the whole week and the day of. HA!!!- what a joke that was, ended up being great out that day and night.

Krazy
09-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Anyone know if St. Paul/Xcel has a curfew?...

I though it did, and it was 11:00. If EITS goes on at 8:00 for 45 minutes, NIN at 9:15-9:30 then- less than 2 hours. that doesn't sound right. I'd expect NIN to play at least 2 hours.

xolotl
09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
Anyone know if St. Paul/Xcel has a curfew?... I though it did, and it was 11:00.

Hm, I don't know for sure, though here's one reference which implies they might not have a curfew: blah blah hockey (http://sailor.mnsun.com/2013/02/28/sherman-column-tonka-girls-hockey-team-survives-an-all-nighter/). Though there could certainly be different rules depending on the kind of event, a rock show would have more sonic bleed.

Krazy
09-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Hm, I don't know for sure, though here's one reference which implies they might not have a curfew: blah blah hockey (http://sailor.mnsun.com/2013/02/28/sherman-column-tonka-girls-hockey-team-survives-an-all-nighter/). Though there could certainly be different rules depending on the kind of event, a rock show would have more sonic bleed.

Thanks. I googled it a bit earlier and the only thing of note that came up was "weekends lasted an hour longer." So, assuming that it would be a midnight curfew. EITS starts at 8:00 and plays for :45-1:00, NIN set up is no later than 9:30 and can last til midnight.

That seems to make the most sense. (NIN on for at least 2 hours)

thom25
09-26-2013, 06:49 AM
I think you're giving too much time to the opener. If they play 30 or 45 min tops, then give the crew 30 minutes to change the set, with NIN starting at 9ish. I'll be thrilled if they play 2 hours, but am not expecting it. As I recall from the past 30 shows I've seen, they seem to play less than 24 songs with a run time of 100 to 110 min, just under 2 full hours. None of the festival shows ran 2 hours this year too. I'm sure we'll all leave "satisfied" :)

ninperu
09-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Anyone knows if they are here in St. Paul already?

dbrekke
09-27-2013, 07:16 AM
My guess is that they get here today. If you plan on stalking them, try the airport baggage claim or the Children's Museum. Or if you are looking for Rob, try the Science Museum. I bet the other members of the band head to Senor Wong's at some point ;)

xolotl
09-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Heh, or, really, given that it's the first show of a new tour tomorrow, try at the arena where they're probably putting out millions of last-minute fires and being extremely grumpy at each other. :)

LexTron6K
09-27-2013, 11:44 AM
33 hours 15 minutes and 16 seconds. . . .

pigpen
09-27-2013, 11:48 AM
See ya guys there!

Mr. Blaileen
09-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I'm sure I could find this info somewhere, but I'm at work..so I'll ask here: Anyone know what the smoking policy is for this venue? Permissable to smoke inside or no dice?

Krazy
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
I'm sure I could find this info somewhere, but I'm at work..so I'll ask here: Anyone know what the smoking policy is for this venue? Permissable to smoke inside or no dice?

Not sure if serious. I'm pretty sure you can't smoke in the venue, but they may have a dedicated smoking area/room. I'm sure people will be lighting up all sorts of stuff during the show.

It's 2013 dude.

talkingnothing
09-27-2013, 12:37 PM

no smoking at xcel energy center. I don't think there are any indoor venues that still allows smoking. not in MN that I know of anyway...

heavenly_bearded
09-27-2013, 12:49 PM
No smoking in the Xcel... lol. Sure, it is a rule, but you can get away with it whether you have floor or seats. We smoke all kinds of shit in the Xcel. 24 hours from now... I will be outside the Xcel handing out free NIN Still CDs and T-shirts. I also have a couple of great NIN rarities that I will be packing up and hiding around the Xcel and dropping hints here. If you miss it, just look for a big guy with a big beard wearing an ETS shirt. Probably a bit drunk and obnoxious. Please don't be offended if I end up throwing a shirt at you, these things will all happen in the morning. Quick show of hands who I will be standing in the re-sale line with all day? I look forward to meeting some of you. I know a lot of people who will be there. @NINfanatic82 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2618), go bitch-slap the Michigan court system and get your ass to MN. You have about 18 hours. Get over here! If you end up not making it and I end up not being able to sell your ticket, I will give it away to an ETSer for free. Tension bitches!!! Lets do this!!! Alex, wife and I will be there tonight. Bringing a couple of friends with me if that is ok.

Krazy
09-27-2013, 01:04 PM
Looks like TM released some GA tickets if anyone is interested.

xolotl
09-27-2013, 01:15 PM
Looks like TM released some GA tickets if anyone is interested.

Oh, you are my hero for mentioning that! Excellent, GA it is for me.

Er, in related news: I now have a spare seated ticket available, in case anyone's looking to NOT be in GA and needs a ticket still. In the "first" tier of seating, I assume it's a better seat than you'd be able to get otherwise right now, section 114, row 19, seat 17. I'll ask $80 for it, an $18.50 savings compared to what it'd cost you online with fees and such. :) A bit late for mailing it, we'd have to just meet up at the venue, I assume. (Claimed)

LexTron6K
09-27-2013, 01:19 PM
No smoking in the Xcel... lol. Sure, it is a rule, but you can get away with it whether you have floor or seats. We smoke all kinds of shit in the Xcel. 24 hours from now... I will be outside the Xcel handing out free NIN Still CDs and T-shirts. I also have a couple of great NIN rarities that I will be packing up and hiding around the Xcel and dropping hints here. If you miss it, just look for a big guy with a big beard wearing an ETS shirt. Probably a bit drunk and obnoxious. Please don't be offended if I end up throwing a shirt at you, these things will all happen in the morning. Quick show of hands who I will be standing in the re-sale line with all day? I look forward to meeting some of you. I know a lot of people who will be there. @NINfanatic82 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2618), go bitch-slap the Michigan court system and get your ass to MN. You have about 18 hours. Get over here! If you end up not making it and I end up not being able to sell your ticket, I will give it away to an ETSer for free. Tension bitches!!! Lets do this!!! Alex, wife and I will be there tonight. Bringing a couple of friends with me if that is ok.

Free Still shirts? I love you. There, I said it. And yeah, a couple friends are cool so long as they're trustworthy; no dipshits or drunkards please. Damn, the excitement is fucking escalating. . . .

Ryan Tollefson
09-27-2013, 02:47 PM
Not financially able to attend but I am looking forward to hearing all about it! I don't think I've ever been this excited for a concert that I wasn't going to, lol.

Collin
09-27-2013, 07:55 PM
If anybody needs someone to buy their tickets off of them, I'm your man.

SM Rollinger
09-27-2013, 08:43 PM
heavenly_bearded , Ill be in the presale line by 4 (hopefully)! And i messaged you too.

Im so friggin excited!!!!!!!

Digital_Man
09-27-2013, 09:09 PM
so which one of you will be updating this thread song by song?

SM Rollinger
09-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Haha, not me, but ill dropbox my tape after i get back hope on Sunday though.

Krazy
09-27-2013, 09:50 PM
Not me either. No one should, or even feel obligated to- just enjoy the moment/show.

xolotl
09-27-2013, 10:11 PM
so which one of you will be updating this thread song by song?

I may be making an attempt to at least send out the more "surprising" or unique songs that get played. Last night I coded up a little app thing which would let me easily update a post here on ETS with tracklist information, from my phone, which works pretty well. That was when I thought I was going to be in a seat, though - I've now got a GA ticket so doing that kind of updating might be problematic. Depends how into the crush I feel like getting, probably. :)

leo3375
09-27-2013, 10:23 PM
@heavenly_bearded (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=341) , Ill be in the presale line by 4 (hopefully)! And i messaged you too.

Im so friggin excited!!!!!!!

4 AM or 4 PM?

I won't be there until shortly before EITS takes the stage. And I plan on live-tweeting the setlist on Twitter. Same username on Twitter as here. I'll also be using the #NIN hashtag.

Digital_Man
09-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Not me either. No one should, or even feel obligated to- just enjoy the moment/show.
I know but it sure would be nice... especially if the perfect drug is played

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 12:02 AM
There's a good chance that we've got a extra NIN.com GA ticket for sale.

Ryan
09-28-2013, 12:16 AM
4 AM or 4 PM?

I won't be there until shortly before EITS takes the stage. And I plan on live-tweeting the setlist on Twitter. Same username on Twitter as here. I'll also be using the #NIN hashtag.

Merci, Leo!

leo3375
09-28-2013, 12:51 AM
Husband and I may go out to dinner before the show, seeing as it's our anniversary weekend. Unfortunately, neither of us knows downtown St. Paul as well as we know downtown Minneapolis. I know a couple of nearby restaurants but they can be pricey. We'll have to figure out which ramp is closest to Xcel.

EDIT: There are three really, really good restaurants near Xcel: Greatwaters Brewery, Kincaid's, and Eagle Street Grille. Kincaid's is the most expensive of the bunch. Eagle Street Grille has a huge menu and lots of vegetarian options. Greatwaters also has some good options for the herbivore crowd but they also brew their own beers.

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 03:15 AM
Greateaters has an incredible veggie burger. I'm not an herbivore and I love a

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 03:16 AM
Also, we're here. The over-under for second in line has been set at 8:00 AM.

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Mr Peru showed up at 6:30 for the under.

ninperu
09-28-2013, 07:40 AM
Yeah man! I'm here!

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 07:42 AM
what time does nine inch nails go on tonight? 8:00?

binaryhermit
09-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Haha, not me, but ill dropbox my tape after i get back hope on Sunday though.
Two questions... what's your rig, and will you be recording EITS? Just curious. Thanks in advance for the tape and any answers that you choose to give.

SM Rollinger
09-28-2013, 07:57 AM
4 AM or 4 PM?

4PM, ill be leaving Sioux Falls and hit the road in an hour and a half. Anyone who wants to chat, ill be wearing my original Eraser shirt and my black Die Antwoord hoodie.

Two questions... what's your rig, and will you be recording EITS? Just curious. Thanks in advance for the tape and any answers that you choose to give.

1.) Core Stealthy Cardiods into a Tascam DR05 @24bit 44k

2.) Yes, ill tape them too. I always get the opening act to i can do my level check. Shoot me a PM if you want a copy of their set.

Hope to see you guys there! Fuckin' NIN FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

hologram parade
09-28-2013, 08:37 AM
In the building!

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 08:44 AM
why so early?

hologram parade
09-28-2013, 08:48 AM
why so early?

Because a line is already forming, I'm trying to get front row for the 3rd time and I'd like to get one of those ltd art prints. I've been lucky enough to get front row for the other NIN shows and is like today to be he same...

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 08:49 AM
Because a line is already forming, I'm trying to get front row for the 3rd time and I'd like to get one of those ltd art prints. I've been lucky enough to get front row for the other NIN shows and is like today to be he same...

there's already a line? wow, how long is it until they go on?

hologram parade
09-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Not sure actually, but I got in line around the same time to get front row in Noblesville on the ninja tour. There are probably a little over a dozen people here already including people who got here last night and slept on a air mattress. Dedication and patience pays off people!

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 09:03 AM
That's intense. I'm glad I just got seats :D

Hookah420666
09-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know if there is any chance of being able to make it onto the floor

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 09:15 AM
will any of you be able to hear the sound check?

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know if there is any chance of being able to make it onto the floor

If you get down to the first row there is only a 3 foot wall. Jump it and run into the crowd. Or find a fat bald security guard. Show him your ticket and have a $10 bill unter it and hand it to him. He has been my floor source for years. Easy peasy.

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Merch stand email says weather permitting. Since the schedule is rain all day I doubt they will bring the merch stand outside.

Last time I saw Tool at the Xcel and went into the venue early to pick up my tickets I got to sit and listen to the sound check. Go to the in-door will call on the Science Theater side of the Xcel and you can probably get some of the audio.

Krazy
09-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Merch stand email says weather permitting. Since the schedule is rain all day I doubt they will bring the merch stand outside.

Weather.com is showing clouds breakng up around 3:00, that 5:00 merch booth should be good to go if those fuckers are somewhat accurate.

talkingnothing
09-28-2013, 10:36 AM
gonna try to stop at the merch booth if open at 5ish. I don't have GA tix so i'll probably be at the eagle street (right across kellogg from excel on 7th) untill 7 or 730. in a yellow david bowie heathen shirt. (that's right, wearing yellow at a nails show.)

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:07 AM
SO... Soundcheck is NOW! Copy Of A... Thanks Alex :)

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:09 AM
keep us posted!!!!!!! :D

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:14 AM
so... Soundcheck is now! Copy of a... Thanks alex :)

does it have woman vocals

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Don't all NIN songs?

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:17 AM
so is that a yes? .-.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:21 AM
what are they sound cheeckking nooow D:

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:28 AM
A Warm Place/The Perfect Drug remix :eek:

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:30 AM

youre kidding .__.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:34 AM

like remixed together? or A Warm Place and The Perfect Drug Remix

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:35 AM
"They just played about 15-20 seconds each of 12-14 songs. If they play all these songs tonight we will be getting a lot of Hesitation Marks in the set."

Not my words, but it makes me happy :)

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:36 AM
like remixed together? or A Warm Place and The Perfect Drug Remix

Remixed together with female vocals. I am 100% fucking with you.

Inkë
09-28-2013, 11:37 AM
I... I can't trust you. ._.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:39 AM
"they just played about 15-20 seconds each of 12-14 songs. If they play all these songs tonight we will be getting a lot of hesitation marks in the set."

not my words, but it makes me happy :)

what sonnnngs

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:40 AM
:c that wasn't very nice

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:45 AM
I thought it was kind of obvious, sorry to disappoint. I can't believe you even thought I was being serious. I am not down there yet, just going by what a friend told me. I will be down there around 2.

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks for taping dude. I look forward to getting a copy from you.

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Yes, always.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:48 AM
I thought it was kind of obvious, sorry to disappoint. I can't believe you even thought I was being serious. I am not down there yet, just going by what a friend told me. I will be down there around 2.

well a warm place doesnt seem like too much of a fetch seeing as it was played last tour and a remix of the perfect drugs seems possible too with the way they remixed sanctified :l

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
We've been inside since about 7:00 AM, despite what the email said. I'm site they will be setting up the NIN.com merch booth inside here.

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Thanks for taping dude. I look forward to getting a copy from you.
It's not my copy you will want. A couple of friends are taping as well and we will give all of our stuff to @RITC tonight. Hopefully he is around. His product will be much better. My audio is not so good but video is great.

well a warm place doesnt seem like too much of a fetch seeing as it was played last tour and a remix of the perfect drugs seems possible too with the way they remixed sanctified :l
My exact thought after seeing Sanctified at Lolla. Slow the song down a bit, simplify the drums. Maybe someday... Maybe tonight :)

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:55 AM
I wanna know what songs were sound checked ;_;

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:56 AM
LexTron6K Enlighten us?

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:58 AM
if not tonight than never :l

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 11:59 AM
yes! picture updates :D

Vrolok1
09-28-2013, 12:02 PM
We've been inside since about 7:00 AM, despite what the email said. I'm site they will be setting up the NIN.com merch booth inside here.

hey dude, do you have instagram? Twiiter? To see how is the "mood" out there, just to imagine it. Txs.

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 12:05 PM
hey dude, do you have instagram? Twiiter? To see how is the "mood" out there, just to imagine it. Txs.

I have one of those stupid facebook things. And I have a twitter with like 5 followers, whatever that means. The mood, it is cold and rainy here. I cant imagine the mood is too good. Leaving here in about an hour, that is when the rain is supposed to let up. I will post the limited art print once obtained, assuming someone else doesn't get it up here first. I always buy up all the new merch so I should have pics of the merch stand and all of the new stuff. How cool would a tour edition HM CD be?

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 12:11 PM
MOOD:

http://i.imgur.com/WGiiHnL.jpg

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 12:13 PM
pretty awesome mood

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Survivalism soundcheck, but it's the soundguys and not the band. Man, for the record, Pino fucking tips. Bring an extra set of diapers.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Survivalism soundcheck, but it's the soundguys and not the band. Man, for the record, Pino fucking tips. Bring an extra set of diapers.

any other songs?

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Yes, lots of songs. Somewhat Damaged and Zero sum were the highlights when NIN was soundchecking.

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 12:52 PM
Going to Cassetta's for a couple slices... Then we will be there.

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 04:56 PM
FIRST MERCH PURCHASED AT NIN TENSION 2013:

http://i.imgur.com/4DzXbHz.jpg

LexTron6K
09-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Nine inch nails is feeding us pizza. Fucking unreal.

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 05:22 PM
Robin and I

xolotl
09-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Okay, I'll be headed over to the venue shortly. This'll be the post I'll update with setlist information, assuming that works out, anyway.

--------

Copy of A
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
Piggy
All Time Low
Disappointed
Came Back Haunted
Find My Way
Satellite
I Would For You
Survivalism
Running
A Warm Place
Somewhat Damaged
Wish
Only
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole
(encore break)
Even Deeper
band introductions
In This Twilight
While I'm Still Here (Josh Saxophone!)
Black Noise, sort of
Hurt
(end of show)

m0reta
09-28-2013, 05:33 PM
The pizza.

http://instagram.com/p/e0hmMklVic/

Source: wineandwinter (https://twitter.com/wineandwinter/status/384081090337837056)

nateisner
09-28-2013, 06:46 PM
sorry to butt in here...but how much were the posters and shirt? Thanks!

Posters $15 T-shirts $40, Hoodie $75

m0reta
09-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Sai__kun posted a photo of the nin.com ticket.

https://twitter.com/Sai__kun/status/384101659716358144

Nice!

Corona Radiata
09-28-2013, 06:58 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/q90/1379400_10151904822812247_271080098_n.jpg

Krazy
09-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Here's the LE poster, was hoping it was for Tension and not HM- oh well. Someone here will probably be able to decipher the matchsticks?...

https://twitter.com/krazy_blah/status/384081232184635392

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 07:15 PM
http://distilleryimage10.s3.amazonaws.com/e70c6f94289b11e3a2e222000a9e48a3_7.jpg

:D

arsenic
09-28-2013, 07:17 PM
http://instagram.com/p/e0tr92NKmF/

http://distilleryimage9.s3.amazonaws.com/4830d2e8289b11e3934722000a9f3cae_8.jpg

edit, more from instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/e0u090nICl/

http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/aca44bb4289c11e3b3da22000aa804fa_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/e0ukGeP3OV/

http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/5a4ab25e289c11e3ac5022000a9f18b3_7.jpg

hagcel
09-28-2013, 07:20 PM
http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384109783101739009/photo/1

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384109901683105793/photo/1

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 07:26 PM
are those two stealth screens I spy? Is this lights in the sky 2.0?

That's what it looked like when I was up by the stage, my arm's in a sling so I'm hanging back by the soundboard

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 07:31 PM
Also, it looks like the drums & keyboard rigs are onstage under tarps.

hagcel
09-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Robs station I presume

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384112800433717248/photo/1

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384112860580048896/photo/1

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384113063483695104/photo/1

Krazy
09-28-2013, 07:34 PM
why are you making me think now? perhaps the grids below will have something at future shows. or it means absolutely nothing.

Heh, sorry. For this to be a "limited edition" poster there has to be something cryptic in there.

Anyone mind posting this in the merch thread, or wherever they feel is proper? Heading out now to Xcel and phone is goin off the air.

Thanks in advance!

hagcel
09-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Preshow music so far is some good ambient / minimal techno. Lots of hi hats with tons of reverb

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I wonder why that is.. it's not like a rush show where the drum kit is like a surprise

At most shows I've been to it's standard practice for the headliner's equipment to be covered for the opening act

nowimdowninit
09-28-2013, 07:38 PM
At most shows I've been to it's standard practice for the headliner's equipment to be covered for the opening act

It at least partly has to do with keeping the headliners gear from rattling and resonating during the opening act's set - kind of a courtesy to them.

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 07:39 PM
so the opening is going to be completely different... but they sound checked copy of a...

maybe copy of a with real drum kit?

hagcel
09-28-2013, 07:41 PM
http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384114951155367937/photo/1

audio board.

there is also a protools rig. 3 mac laptops. Mac tower and. Big non iPad tablet / touch screen

Javra
09-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Regarding the big tablet on audio rig : https://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384114951155367937/photo/1
That's (Edit : NOT) a Lemur.

And for those interested the board is a DiGiCo SD7

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:00 PM
The curtains are just covering rigging.

the stage is empty besides the screen, nin cloaked stuff and explosions stuif. Huge and fairly empty right now

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:03 PM
Speakers are rigged really high above the stage so I'll probably stay back. Sound may be shit up close

Corona Radiata
09-28-2013, 08:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVSr06TIAAEkHt5.jpg:large

EITS on now

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Yep sounds like shit up front. You need to be at least half way back to get good sound. Back of the floor sounds best for full effect

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 08:18 PM
I think there are stealth screens from lits under there

Corona Radiata
09-28-2013, 08:19 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1380084_10151904920177247_1258498590_n.jpg

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Standing by some big meat head bros with backwards caps making mosh pit plans. Crowd seems fairly chill, older so we'll see!

kevinbeetle
09-28-2013, 08:24 PM
if you zoom in on the limited edition poster, the white lines appear to be leading up into darker lines. perhaps words. or ive been drinking too much tonight. im currently messing around with it.

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 08:37 PM
I think there are stealth screens from lits under there

There are definitely 2 more video screens hanging up by the ceiling, heck I can see the bottoms of 2 of then from in front of the soundboard

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 08:38 PM
That was fantastic

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 08:42 PM
And they are dropping a huge screen in front of us.

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Hmm, they're also putting up a With Teeth/BYIT style screen at the front of the stage

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Now that it's up I think the screen is more to block the stage than to project on, it's not see through at all

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Downward spiral like screen going up ooooooor hiding the set change

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384131386325884928/photo/1

Corona Radiata
09-28-2013, 08:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVS1deHIgAAWysh.jpg:large

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Downward spiral like screen going up ooooooor hiding the set change

http://twitter.com/joshnumbersix/status/384131386325884928/photo/1

hagcel
09-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Floor security is confused you could easily rush by...but I take no responsibility for anyone's action

also floor is still half empty.

i rushed the floor in Iowa city in 94 and got in :)

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Holy shit they have Star Trek transporters! I'm not even kidding

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Copy of a. 100% different than festival

binaryhermit
09-28-2013, 09:26 PM
https://twitter.com/ninwiki/status/384141128523464705

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVS-5LWIIAAcNJW.jpg:large

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Trent has a sleeveless turtle neck I'm pretty sure. None of this is a joke

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:27 PM
This is seriously star trek

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 09:28 PM
copy of a. 100% different than festival

real drum kit :d

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:29 PM
When you crawl on your hands and knees. 100000000?

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Twrrible lie

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:38 PM
March pigs.

star trek is the weird transporter beam lights they are using

And que pit and crowd rush

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Whoever was right. Lots of lights hidden above the stage.

No more cramped transporter beams

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Holy shit. This is nothing like the festival shows. I have never seen anything like this. The lights are like transformers. Unbelievable.

now hey pig

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:43 PM
It's like a curved top, all the lights at different angles. A weird almost city scape, lots of lasers; smoke.

Btw te back up singers on. Copy of a but not since

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I have never seen so many lights or lights like this

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Full on pink floyd size drum set

Digital_Man
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
screen for all time low

wooo

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:47 PM
Cage in front of stage. All time low

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Back up singers voices way too low in mix

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Crowd is dancing and loves the everything is not ok line

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Weird smoky lights, almost like northern lights but pink, magenta, blue show on the cage. Never seen anything like it. He's throwing closer lyrics in in. Kinda weird. 'Let me violate you!' Into the nice dreamy synth arp at the end

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Disappointed.

Pretty crazy geometric patterns on the cage. Feels low tech which works with the filtered vocals which sounds like castaway. Melds into matrix like lines

hagcel
09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Drunk echoing the sound posts^

Yep I'm drunk. Should I stop recapping the show?

Collin
09-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Complete Setlist:

1. Copy of A
2. 1,000,000
3. Terrible Lie
4. March Of The Pigs
5. Piggy
6. All Time Low
7. Disappointed
8. Came Back Haunted
9. Find My Way
10. Satellite
11. I Would For You
12. Survivalism
13. Running
14. A Warm Place
15. Somewhat Damaged
16. Wish
17. Only
18. The Hand That Feeds
19. Head Like A Hole

Encore

20. Even Deeper
21. In This Twilight
22. While I'm Still Here
23. Black Noise
24. Hurt

Binky007
09-28-2013, 11:11 PM
I thought we were going to get Into The Void. I wonder why they played it in soundcheck but not in the show. Maybe it's not quite ready for primetime yet?

heavenly_bearded
09-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Satisfuckingfied!

dbrekke
09-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Wow.

AMAZING show. Yes, I think the visuals were better than LITS. It's hard to believe they only had three weeks to pull that together. Well done, everyone!

I took my almost 12 year old son to the show and he was blown away... but, he has a headache now :(

My highlights were the insane visuals during Disappointed and Running. WOW!
I took a lot of videos, will post the best stuff tomorrow.
Goodnight.

Dennis

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Maybe I'm just bitchy from having shoulder surgery 2 days ago, but my one word review would be Disappointed.

Pino Palladino might be great from a technical perspective, but he has all the stage presence of a potted plant. Trent's mic stand moves more than this guy.

Somebody needs to teach Ilan that there are other ways of hitting drums than As Hard As You Fucking Can. He really needs to go back to pads on the more electronic songs.

& after the killing the festival shows, Josh reminds me of Milton from Office Space, after they hired Pino somebody forgot to tell him his services were no longer needed & he just kept showing up so they let him stay. I can't imagine this was supposed to be his role in the Eric Avery/Adrian Belew version of the band.

skullboy0
09-28-2013, 11:45 PM
why, what does Josh do when pino is playing bass?

2nd/3rd guitar on songs that really don't have much guitar?