PDA

View Full Version : halo twenty eight. hesitation marks. 09.03.2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Madmya
08-30-2013, 02:14 AM
Fist me, the album's out in Australia today and I've bought from nin.com. I will never learn.

butter_hole
08-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Looks like Australia gets the Japan cover as well..

http://nin.timdotexe.com/category/release/halo-28-hesitation-marks/

pukkelpop
08-30-2013, 02:39 AM
Dont know if it's posted already, but CoS gives HM a 2,5/5 http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/album-review-nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks/

butter_hole
08-30-2013, 02:53 AM
Ah, a lovely site:

http://i.imgur.com/nHOEKIp.jpg

hani
08-30-2013, 03:04 AM
Ah, a lovely site:

also, loving the Comic Sans use

Lerxto
08-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Looks like Korean Version gets the Japan artwork, too.
Good news to me!

http://music.aladin.co.kr/shop/wproduct.aspx?ISBN=8678255900

EDIT : since the japanese artwork is this one below, and Korea getting same artwork as AU, I think international version also got a subtly different artwork.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/d55b345c215aa25a399aabeac1f52aaa/tumblr_msc51n2mYF1stnog7o1_500.jpg

GreatBelow
08-30-2013, 03:56 AM
My Limited Deluxe Edition just arrived as well. :D:D (Germany)

nooneimportant
08-30-2013, 04:08 AM
Dont know if it's posted already, but CoS gives HM a 2,5/5 http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/album-review-nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks/

This review is shit.

Khrz
08-30-2013, 04:15 AM
Well it does seem to perfectly illustrate the usual dichotomy we've seen around here : When it's different it's too different, when it's familiar it's too much of the same. "He's too old to try to be dangerous and brooding !" / "What the hell it's not the NIN I know !"

Usually it's not all mangled into one single review though, that's new...

Ryan
08-30-2013, 04:30 AM
Ah, a lovely site:

That's awesome since I ordered all three from NIN.com. I can buy this locally and have further unique artwork.

r_z
08-30-2013, 04:58 AM
I think the CoS review raises some interesting points. I wouldn't dismiss it per se. But I've yet to fully wrap my head around it...

dzaver
08-30-2013, 05:24 AM
I still didnt get a notification from nin.com and amazon.co.uk :( I guess I wont be getting the vinyl, cd, and deluxe on the 3rd of september

Ryan
08-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Philip Cosores (http://consequenceofsound.net/author/pcosores) can lick my diddly hole.

Digital Twilight
08-30-2013, 05:36 AM

What a terrible review. It's fine if you don't like it but he just seems wide of the mark on almost everything. Just didn't have a clue about the concept of the album even down to the title.

r_z
08-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Ryan, your obsession with throwing dirt at people not praising Trent as the lord and savior you obviously see him or want him to be seen as is quite amusing. Reminds me of the Nolan fanboys insulting movie critics for calling the Batman movies the mess they actually are.

Khrz
08-30-2013, 05:42 AM
What a terrible review. It's fine if you don't like it but he just seems wide of the mark on almost everything. Just didn't have a clue about the concept of the album even down to the title.

To be fair, there's almost as many interpretations as there are reviews out there, and for someone who doesn't follow NIN closely, the concept isn't exactly self-explanatory. It could pretty much be yet another comeback album by yet another band-that-never-quite-left, cashing on their highest selling, most prominent album twenty years later. And critics have seen tons of these. It's not far off, in my opinion, to think HM is just that, because it really looks like that if you don't know or read what Reznor had to say about it.

thetourist
08-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Ah, been listening to the Deluxe CD since it arrived yesterday early. Great, great album.

Amazon.de did fuck up the order for the vinyl as usual, shipment date is now "soon". JPC has it ready for shipment, so it will arrive hopefully tomorrow. Don't know why amazon.de is so unreliable when it comes to vinyl..

Volk
08-30-2013, 05:45 AM
I wish people would stop comparing Trent Reznor to God.... I mean, he's ok and all, but he's no Trent.

Prettybrokenspiral
08-30-2013, 05:46 AM
So when is the Japanese release date?

Is it Sept. 4, or is it earlier?

jessamineny
08-30-2013, 06:09 AM
The CoS review is perfectly fine and reasoned. We don't have to agree with it. : /

thetourist
08-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Amazon Japan says: This title will be released on September 10, 2013.

So when is the Japanese release date?

Is it Sept. 4, or is it earlier?

Khrz
08-30-2013, 06:41 AM
The CoS review is perfectly fine and reasoned. We don't have to agree with it. : /

Yeah I guess my knee-jerk reaction to it had more to do with firm disagreement, and less with an objective critic of the review, even though I still think it's a poorly argumented mess.

Leprekon666
08-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Is there only a digipak for the Japanese edition? I bought one on ebay, but saw on ninhotline twitter someone received that cover in a jewel case. My bad wrong cover. Too early

jessamineny
08-30-2013, 06:51 AM
That was from Australia (someone, I think in Marketplace, said the digipak is "limited" in Australia)

Eraser
08-30-2013, 06:53 AM
I just bought my copy of Hesitation Marks and I must say the cd is nicely packaged! The booklet is awesome and has all the lyrics.

I will rip it now in lossless and put it on my iPod!

Amaro
08-30-2013, 07:01 AM
I just bought my copy of Hesitation Marks and I must say the cd is nicely packaged! The booklet is awesome and has all the lyrics.

I will rip it now in lossless and put it on my iPod!

Would you mind taking various pics of your Deluxe Edition and sharing them? I don't think we've seen that version yet.

Eraser
08-30-2013, 07:02 AM
I can try, although I don´t know where to upload pictures.

It´s a double cd slipcase, closely resembling a little book with the booklet in the middle and the two cd´s on both sides.

Edit: Seems like my wife has the camera with her....so I will be able to upload pictures a little while later.

Leprekon666
08-30-2013, 07:06 AM
So the cover is slightly different then the standard edition on nin.com?

Eraser
08-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Yeah totally different. Its black on the left side going to red to the right. In the middle is a string going through to what looks like a window or a picture frame with stuff in it.

Here is a picture of it:

http://www.amazon.de/Hesitation-Marks-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B00D8HNR2K/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1377864516&sr=8-9&keywords=nine+inch+nails+hesitation+marks

r_z
08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
I've ordered the same. It's the standard deluxe 2CD edition as sold via nin.com. The one with the album on the first disc and the remixes on the second one. I've yet to give the album a spin as I'm in Italy while it's waiting in my mailbox. Oh well...

thetourist
08-30-2013, 07:22 AM
Here you can find some other info and pics from halo28dcd.

http://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Hesitation-Marks/release/4862637

Leprekon666
08-30-2013, 07:23 AM
No that's what the deluxe is. I'm talkin about this one that is also on nin.com

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00D8WTBRK/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1377865128&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX110_SY165 NA Edition

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/alternative/hesitation-marks-limited-digipak-bonus-mp3/686202 AU Edition

now I might have to buy 1 more edition? I already have the standard, deluxe, vinyl & Japan edition ordered

Eraser
08-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Yup....that is the one.

Leprekon666
08-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Yup....that is the one.
What is the one?

Amaro
08-30-2013, 07:28 AM
Eraser would you say your deluxe edition is beautiful?

Amaro
08-30-2013, 07:30 AM
What is the one?

I think Eraser was just innocently chiming in earlier on with his purchase. Nothing significant with version variations like you're curious about in general. He just has what is the deluxe edition.

mfte
08-30-2013, 07:35 AM
It's interesting enough that Trent is somehow referencing his old self from 94 BUT honestly apart from the art work and him saying that... is it at all obvious?

You could take the songs from WT or The Slip and make claim that these somehow are inspired by or referential to TDS and as long as Russel Mills did the art work it would be the same sh*t.

Are people really making a distinction between the 6th grader lyrics on Hesitation Marks and the 6th grader lyrics on With Teeth?

InvitingmeAway
08-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Check nin.com

Ok thanks. Yeah that's a cool idea, really interested in hearing the difference. It's stuff like this that shows they care about what they are releasing, they look at it from every angle. I think I might buy a turn table as well, really want the vinyl version as well.

thetourist
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
To those who got their halo28 from iTunes, are there different artwork for every song and would you mind extract and share them?

fabripav
08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
The amount of different artworks (even if just slightly different) is almost confusing.

Leprekon666
08-30-2013, 07:57 AM
Nothing significant with version variations like you're curious about in general.

Ya but for someone that is collecting the different covers for my collection I'd like to know. I just wish there wasn't 3 different covers for the standard edition

fuchal
08-30-2013, 08:01 AM
The one thing that's annoying me with the album is the bitcrusher style vocal distortion applied on a number of songs, including the verses of Running. Not really a big fan of the Eater of Dreams -> Copy of A transition, either, though both tracks are nice. Otherwise, loving it. Definitely interested to hear the audiophile version next week.

ensanchecedor
08-30-2013, 08:06 AM
I still don't know how to feel about this album, it seems more complex and sophisticated than HTDA material but I think trent's lack of inspiration is a fact and many tunes sound familiar, however, I can see where his musical interest is heading to and I like it. One of the feelings I currently have is the impression that Year Zero sounds like a demo of this album and if that would have been released some years ago, it would have been considered a masterpiece. Anyway, I wonder if we'll see someday a Nine Inch Nails live formation playing exclusively post-fragile material and only synths and no guitars.

EndlessLoveless
08-30-2013, 08:16 AM
That okay, i didn't actually listen to them haha... I think it's something in the vocals that triggered me. EG: Various Methods of Escape vocal from 1:06-1:11. It could even just be the way he sing the word "so" in that part.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, or a bad thing really. Just sharing my experience.

Its all good. Different strokes for different folks. I just didnt take that away from my listening experience and was just wondering why.

Arkadin
08-30-2013, 08:23 AM
The "copy of a copy" line is actually in Palahniuk's book-not originating with Fincher at all. That's something that would take about 30 seconds of googling to find out. Did TR read the book? I think it is safe to assume that he did since Palahniuk has famously been quoted saying he wrote the book while listening to NIN music. Actually, not just NIN music. The Downward Spiral. So I don't think it's much of a leap to assume that the quote is another intentional reference/connection to The Downward Spiral. It just isn't as obvious as using the same artist/font for the cover.

As for this passage from the review-

There is the chance that another generation could find appeal in the music of Reznor, but if the attendance of their sets at Lollapalooza and Outside Lands is indicative of their appeal, Nine Inch Nails is not resonating with teenagers as in the ’90s, or when Reznor reclaimed that market with “The Hand That Feeds” and “Only” in the 2000s.
So is he saying that these sets were not well attended, or that few teenagers were present in an otherwise large crowd? I don't know. I'm curious what over-the-age of 40 acts do resonate with teenagers? Anyone? Anyone? And do you have to resonate with teenagers to be relevant in today's music environment? And I'm not even sure if NIN did reclaim that market with the With Teeth music-that album did not go platinum, and this was back before digital sales cut into album sales so much that nowadays a platinum certification has become relatively rare.

I also like how Reznor has to be portrayed as either a thin, pale, perhaps unhealthy entity, or a "weightlifter." This might be relevant in a review of a live performance, but I don't know how it has any bearing in a serious music review.

And, by playing both to nostalgic sensibilities and trying to literally occupy the same territory he once did, Hesitation Marks is only welcome in that it puts Nine Inch Nails on tour. But, for the album itself, the good ideas seem to have been wasted on trying to revive something that killed itself years ago.

Literally the same territory? Really? And what change were you wanting? Folk songs with an acoustic guitar?

I probably should not even dignify this amateurish review with a response. After all, I find most (very close to all) music reviewers to be untalented hacks-whether they find positives in Hesitation Marks or not. Odds are much better in finding an insightful piece on music by searching through informal blogs (or even forums) than in wasting time reading through articles in commercial publications. And that is really pathetic.

eversonpoe
08-30-2013, 08:23 AM
To be fair, there's almost as many interpretations as there are reviews out there, and for someone who doesn't follow NIN closely, the concept isn't exactly self-explanatory. It could pretty much be yet another comeback album by yet another band-that-never-quite-left, cashing on their highest selling, most prominent album twenty years later. And critics have seen tons of these. It's not far off, in my opinion, to think HM is just that, because it really looks like that if you don't know or read what Reznor had to say about it.

i don't know, i feel like part of doing a review is doing research, and there's that huge entry on nin.com (as well as on their tumblr and i'm sure on their facebook) where russell mills talks about the artwork and the concept and the over-arching themes and connections to TDS, not to mention what trent has said in interviews.

so, what i'm saying is, if they didn't "get it" from just listening to it, that's fine, but they could have researched it a little bit and i think it would have become rather clear.

rampface
08-30-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm hoping that since Adrian Belew lives in Nashville he will come out for our show and play on some HM tracks. I might die!

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:05 AM
My deluxe edition just showed up at my work desk =)

4 days before release date here in Canada !!

Now where's my standard and vinyl edition ?

broevol
08-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Do we have official lyrics yet? Did the deluxe edition have them?

OchoBits
08-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Has anyone recieved shipping information from the NIN.com store? I ordered HM a while ago and I'm kinda baffled about the lack of updates.

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Do we have official lyrics yet? Did the deluxe edition have them?

Deluxe Edition has lyrics.

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Has anyone recieved shipping information from the NIN.com store? I ordered HM a while ago and I'm kinda baffled about the lack of updates.

Checking now but as of yesterday I had no shipment notice either in my email or in my account info.

imail724
08-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Did anyone separate the demos from the interview into individual mp3s?

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:25 AM

Nothing in my account info about my CD being shipped (even though I just received it) and nothing in my email (even my junk folder is empty).

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 09:26 AM

Can you take pics or scans of the lyrics pages and post them?

jessamineny
08-30-2013, 09:31 AM
For anybody who ordered the vinyl from nin.com, let us know how it was packed, would you? The only reason I didn't order direct was because of how poorly my HTDA album was packaged (and it therefore arrived with split seams on all sides, jacket and sleeves).

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:43 AM

I'm at work right now but let me see what I can do. It's a pretty relaxed Friday here.

NIN-Entity
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Nothing in my account info about my CD being shipped (even though I just received it) and nothing in my email (even my junk folder is empty).

=/

This means that my shipment may arrive soon... or not
Anyone in Brazil already got the CD?

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 09:48 AM
=/

This means that my shipment may arrive soon... or not
Anyone in Brazil already got the CD?

Good possibility. It was certainly a surprise to me. A very nice surprise! I just wish my vinyl would show up!

PhoenixML
08-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Did anyone separate the demos from the interview into individual mp3s?

Yes, check between page 160 and on.

NIN-Entity
08-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Good possibility. It was certainly a surprise to me. A very nice surprise! I just wish my vinyl would show up!

I can imagine... That's a great way to start the day!

jesus
08-30-2013, 09:56 AM

How is the slipcase? it ruins the cd's?

xolotl
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Heh, I guess Rob enjoyed Spin's review of the album: http://www.spin.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-trent-reznor-columbia-acid/

It's nice to see them so enthusiastic about it, but IMO that is an atrocious review. It like someone said, "Hey, Pitchfork reviews are ridiculous - I bet we could do that even better." Ah, well. Good press, yeah?

WorzelG
08-30-2013, 10:01 AM
although I'm not up on music history enough to really understand what he's saying!

http://www.spin.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-trent-reznor-columbia-acid/

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 10:06 AM
How is the slipcase? it ruins the cd's?

It can be a little difficult to get the CD out but probably because it's still so new. But that could also cause damage if you're not careful.

The only reason I bought the CD was because it was NIN and I have to have every different version there is possible!! (Trent... take my money!). Most of my listening will be either on vinyl while at home or mp3's during my commute to work.

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 10:10 AM
although I'm not up on music history enough to really understand what he's saying!

http://www.spin.com/reviews/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-trent-reznor-columbia-acid/

Wow, that is quite possibly the most referential review I've ever read. I'm glad someone really spelled out all the acid and house influences seen on the album. That was one of my favorite parts of Pretty Hate Machine and his return to those influences on this album really made it jump out at me. The #ARTPOP hashtag also made me chuckle.

Did anyone else notice the last four paragraphs of the interview are in there twice?

jesus
08-30-2013, 10:14 AM
But that could also cause damage if you're not careful.

http://pictures.picasion.com/pic52/708fad03cc76e0ff4c84b0b16acb2904.gif

screwdriver

that was simultaneously incredibly pretentious and incredibly well-thought out. thanks for sharing.

Arkadin
Wow, that is quite possibly the most referential review I've ever read. I'm glad someone really spelled out all the acid and house influences seen on the album. That was one of my favorite parts of Pretty Hate Machine and his return to those influences on this album really made it jump out at me. The #ARTPOP hashtag also made me chuckle.

Did anyone else notice the last four paragraphs of the interview are in there twice?
Referential of Copy of A.

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 10:20 AM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100279452/hesitation marks pics.zip

best I could do with the camera I have. Sorry!

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 10:34 AM

Before I get to transcribing these for NINWiki (and my iPod) I just wanted to say: THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! They're more than high res enough to read the lyrics.

thatguymark
08-30-2013, 10:37 AM
What keeps striking me about these reviews is how little they're writing about the music and how much they're writing about the history of Trent. It seems counterproductive to write so much that won't give the reader any idea what the album actually sounds like.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 10:43 AM

Shut up--THANK YOU.

Failure
08-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Just convinced the kid at the local record shop to sell me the HM vinyl!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/FailureFan/image.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/FailureFan/media/image.jpg.html)

Amaro
08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
http://s7.photobucket.com/user/FailureFan/media/image.jpg

Just convinced the kid at the local record shop to sell me the HM vinyl!!

Winning. Failure is winning.

Khrz
08-30-2013, 10:45 AM
What keeps striking me about these reviews is how little they're writing about the music and how much they're writing about the history of Trent.

Past a certain age or a certain level of accomplishment, you get compared to your own younger, bigger self. You've set your own standard by that point, and everyone is measuring you up to it. I guess it's the same for every musician past their 40ies, especially when they are the band.
I don't think any critic mentions Peter Gabriel's music much anymore : "there's a track that's happy, that one is sad, it's all reminiscent of album a, album b, with a drop of album g etc..."

From TDS onward, most of the critics I've read compared every album to it, mentioned his other works, added a line or two of juicy gossip (ah manson, how you helped them reach their quota of characters per paragraph)... Never saw much of in-depth analysis.

Microwave Jellyfish
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks a lot for this! I really like the design. Shame I have to wait for a few weeks to order my own copy.

... I'm going to be that guy, and point out:

it's smile is red and it's eyes are black

How on Earth could they screw up the "its" twice in the same line?

xolotl
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
What keeps striking me about these reviews is how little they're writing about the music and how much they're writing about the history of Trent. It seems counterproductive to write so much that won't give the reader any idea what the album actually sounds like.

To be fair, context is important to everything, and music's not created in a vacuum. Understanding where an artist is coming from isn't unimportant. Also, it is difficult to really describe music without resorting to comparisons and historical info... I remember one electronic music review site, long since defunct, which had attempted to review its stuff using four different attributes ("cold" vs. "warm" being one of the attributes, etc) - trying to create a sense of objectivity, rather than relying on the usual sorts of malarky. I can't seem to find it at the moment, though, could be that it's no longer online. I haven't seen anywhere else try that.

Edit: Aha, here we go: http://www.hauntedink.com/25/definition.html - Though the reviews on there right now don't seem to actually have those classification ratings, perhaps something got broken along the line.

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 10:48 AM
thanks a lot for this! I really like the design. Shame i have to wait for a few weeks to order my own copy.

How on earth could they screw up the "its" twice in the same line?

awesome!! Lmao!!

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 10:59 AM
That may be the fastest I have ever typed. This is an exact transcription of how everything appears in the booklet, except "Disappointed" because they put "and I am part of the reason" on the wrong verse, so I fixed it. Please let me know if I made any typos as I'm about to transfer these to NINWiki. Enjoy!

EDIT: I also fixed the egregious "it's" typos in "Came Back Haunted".

EDIT 2: Autocorrect changed "disappear" in the fourth line of "Running". I just changed it back.

EDIT 3: Ditto for "soul" in the second verse of "Find My Way" and "low" in the first verse and "paranoia" in the second verse of "All Time Low". Fixed!

EDIT 4: Also "bleeds" in "Everything".

EDIT 5: "Well, come on" in "Satellite", "Closest" and "Every day" (x2) in "While I'm Still Here". Okay, that's all of the corrections. To reiterate, this is just meant to be an exactly transcription of what's in the lyric booklet. If you go to NINWiki, the songs have already been updated to point out where the sung lyrics don't match what's in the booklet. Enjoy!!!

COPY OF A
I am just a copy of a copy of a copy
Everything I say has come before
Assembled into something into something into something
I don't know for certain anymore
I am just a shadow of a shadow of a shadow
Always trying to catch up with myself
I am just an echo of an echo of an echo
Listening to someone's cry for help

Look what you had to start
Why all the change of heart?
You need to play your part
A copy of a copy of a
Now look what you've gone and done
Well that doesn't sound like fun
See I'm not the only one
Copy of a copy of a

I am little pieces little piece little pieces
Pieces that we picked up on the way
Imprinted with a purpose with a purpose with a purpose
A purpose that's become quite clear today

I am just a finger on a trigger on a finger
Doing everything I'm told to do
Always my intention my intention your attention
Doing everything you tell me to

Look what you had to start
Why all the change of heart?
You need to play your part
A copy of a copy of a
Now look what you've gone and done
Well that doesn't sound like fun
See I'm not the only one
Copy of a copy of a

CAME BACK HAUNTED
The throat is deep and the mouth is wide
Saw some things on the other side
Made me promise to never tell
You know me I can't help myself, no
Now I got something you have to see
They put something inside of me
Its smile is red and its eyes are black
I don't think I'll be coming back

I don't believe and I
I had to see
Came back haunted
Came back haunted
I said goodbye and I
I had to try and I
Came back haunted
Came back haunted

Everywhere now reminding me
I am not who I used to be
I'm afraid this has just begun
Consequences for what I've done

I don't believe and I
I had to see
Came back haunted
Came back haunted
I said goodbye and I
I had to try and I
Came back haunted
Came back haunted
You tried to tell me but I
I couldn't stop myself now I
Came back haunted
Came back haunted

Just can't stop
Came back haunted

FIND MY WAY
Lord my path has gone astray
I'm just trying to find my way
Wandered here from far away
You were never meant to see
All those things inside of me
Now that you have gone away

I have made a great mistake
Pray the Lord my soul to take
The ghosts of who I used to be
I can feel them come for me
It looks as though they're here to stay

Please
I never meant to
I never meant for this

I have been to every place
I have been to everywhere
Oh dear Lord hear my prayer

ALL TIME LOW
Go
I've heard all I need to know
Your voice in fucking echo stereo
Well this particular scenario
Looks like another all time low
Why did you go and let them in?
See this is where the fun begins
You haven't even pierced the skin
Just wait till you see what is coming

Get down on the floor
Shut the Goddamn door
Been down this road before
We're coming back for more

So give me just a little baby
Just something to get by
This is gonna last forever baby
We'll get to the other side
And we will live forever baby
And stretch across the sky
I will follow right behind you baby
We are never gonna die

Hey
Everything is not okay
We lost too much along the way
The passengers arrived today
It looks as though they're here to stay
This paranoia turns to fear
Just who was whispering in your ear?
Pretending but I know you hear
(Just how'd we fucking end up here?)

So give me just a little baby
Just something to get by
This is gonna last forever baby
We'll get to the other side
And we will live forever baby
And stretch across the sky
I will follow right behind you baby
We are never gonna die

We're never gonna die
How did we get so high?

DISAPPOINTED
If I were you
I wouldn't trust
A single word
I say
Think by now
You should know
Nothing's going
To change
All of this
Theater
I wouldn't waste
Your voice
Comes a day
You figure out
You never had
A choice

Can I ask you something?
What did you expect?
So disappointed
With what you get
Do you ever want to
Just get out of here?
Disappointed
Disappear

Look at you
Superman
With all the world
To save
You think by now
You'd figure out
That's nothing's going
To change
(And I am part of the reason)

Can I ask you something?
What did you expect?
So disappointed
With what you get
Do you ever want to
Just get out of here?
Disappointed
Disappear

EVERYTHING
I survived everything
I have tried everything
Everything
And anything

All the walls begin to dissolve away
Feel your hands begin to shake
And just who you think you used to be
All begins to bend and break

Wave goodbye
Wish me well
I've become something else
Something else
(Just as well, really)

But this thing that lives inside of me
Will surely rise and wake
And his seed that blends right through to me
As it comes to grab and take

I am home
I believe
I am home
I am free
I am home
I can see
Always here
Finally

SATELLITE
Data trails
Like fingernails
Scratch across the sky
Hard to know
Figure out
Tell the truth from lies
Everywhere
Listening
Every word you say
Think I found
A way around
Yeah I think I found a way
Well, come on

Satellite
I'm watching you
I'm one step ahead
Satellite
I'm part of you
I'm inside your head

Yes we can
Yes we did
Eliminate the spread
Better watch
What you think
What was that you said?
Everywhere
Everything
Every word you say
Think I found
A way around
Yeah I think I found
A way

I know you're up there somewhere
So very high

VARIOUS METHODS OF ESCAPE
Hallucinate in high fidelity
Little pieces of a plan
Construction of the highest quality
Built from my own hand
A line of lyric looping in my head
Nobody listening
I guess it really doesn't matter anymore
I guess it doesn't mean a thing

I've got to let it go
I've got to get straight
Why'd you have to make it so hard?
Let me get away

An effigy so wondrous to behold
A statement so profound
A place to bury every thing I did
And burn it to the ground
The fire illuminates our final scene
The past repeats itself
I can not tell the difference anymore
I can not trust myself

I've got to let it go
I've got to get straight
Why'd you have to make it so hard?
Let me get away

RUNNING
I followed you again this morning
Just close enough to feel you near
Pretending everyone could see me
Just slip away and disappear

They're right behind
They're so inclined
They're all aligned
We're undermined
As good as blind
I'm out of time
So hard to find
So well-defined
They're all aligned
They're intertwined
We're undermined
They're so inclined
We're right behind
So hard to find
As good as blind
I'm out of time

I'm running out of places I can hide from this
I'm running out of ways to keep on hiding this

I had a friend I think who knew me
I couldn't seem to make him stay
I know they're watching waiting for me
I know I'll never get away

I'm running out of ways to keep on hiding this

I WOULD FOR YOU
What a pathetic string of words
Just leave them lying on the floor
The warning posted on the door
Not over here not anymore
There was a place that could have been
Step over all that used to be
Since you've invited yourself in
Some things I'd rather you not see

See I keep lying to myself
Don't know what else there is to do
If I could be somebody else
Well, I think I would for you

Didn't seem like something more?
So long I can't remember when
And this has happened all before
And this will happen all again
And I only have myself to blame
And I only have myself to blame

See I keep lying to myself
Don't know what else there is to do
If I could be somebody else
Well, I think I would for you

IN TWO
Split
Split into
Something else
Shed
Your precious skin
Save yourself
Bleed
Have to purge
What you were
Yes
Yes of course
This going to hurt
Nature is violent
The very nature of this is violence
No no no no no that was someone else
No no no no no no no that wasn't me

It's getting harder to tell the two of you apart
I don't believe you can even remember which one you are

Thrive
Just become
Your disease
Leave
Them behind
You are free
Take
What you want
What you deserve
Yes
Yes of course
This is going to hurt

I don't believe you can even remember which one you are

I just don't know anymore
I just don't know

WHILE I'M STILL HERE
Only thing I've ever done
Ticking time is running out
Closest I have ever come
Oh so tired on my own
Best day I have ever known

Yesterday, I found out the world was ending

A little more
Every day
Falls apart
Slips away
Well I don't mind
I'm ok
Wish it didn't have to end this way

These four walls are closing in
Oh all the things that might have been
Watch young lovers walking by
God forgive me if I cry

A little more
Every day
Falls apart
Slips away
I don't mind
I'm ok
Nothing ever
Stays the same
While we can
Remember when
We always were
Yes, even then
Stay with me
Hold me near
While I'm still here

OchoBits
08-30-2013, 11:08 AM

I needed confirmation so the PO Box can work faster to sent that thing.

Shadaloo
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Aw, the extra verse in Disappointed is the only unused lyric it seems.

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Okay... the Hastings website is selling the regular and deluxe CDs for $1.49 right now. I just ordered one for $2.45 including shipping.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Hesitation-Marks/sku/291261067.uts (http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Hesitation-Marks/sku/291261067.uts)

jesus
08-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Okay... the Hastings website is selling the regular and deluxe CDs for $1.49 right now. I just ordered one for $2.45 including shipping.

http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Hesitation-Marks/sku/291261067.uts (http://www.gohastings.com/product/POPMUSIC/Hesitation-Marks/sku/291261067.uts)
How is that EVEN posible???

pigpen
08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
For anybody who ordered the vinyl from nin.com, let us know how it was packed, would you? The only reason I didn't order direct was because of how poorly my HTDA album was packaged (and it therefore arrived with split seams on all sides, jacket and sleeves).
ugh, this scares me.. good thing I ordered from Amazon. they usually pack things pretty well

fabripav
08-30-2013, 11:31 AM

What the fuck, lol. Do they ship outside of US?

Zimbo
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM

Better yet, is this even legitimate?

jesus
08-30-2013, 11:35 AM

hahahahahhahah

Mr.Metheus

A mistake I'm sure (notice that they have another "compact disc" option at $47.99). I'm keeping my Amazon preorder too, just in case they decide to cancel this one when they realize they screwed up.

xolotl

Buy the new release from Nine Unch Nials: "Hesitortion Märk!" Featuring the hit tracks "Copy of B" and "Came Back Hungry!"

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Bought 3 versions of each for lols.

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 11:38 AM

I have no prior experience with their website, but Hastings is a chain of entertainment stores in small cities and I've shopped there many times. So it's at least a real business!

Khrz
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Buy the new release from Nine Unch Nials: "Hesitortion Märk!" Featuring the hit tracks "Copy of B" and "Came Back Hungry!"

Amazon.fr pretty much pisses me off every time I check the NIN merch : 9inchnails sounds fishy as hell, for an artist name...

jesus
08-30-2013, 11:39 AM

hahahahahahahahahah the best joke ever, cant stop laughing

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 11:40 AM
ugh, this scares me.. good thing I ordered from Amazon. they usually pack things pretty well

All the vinyl I've ordered through the official site has been fine. I've had more issues with Amazon.ca. Not sure what Amazon US and UK are like for packaging their vinyl.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm guessing the gohastings "deal" will result in cancelled orders. I still ordered another deluxe edition for the unlikely event where they actually go through with the orders.

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm guessing the gohastings "deal" will result in cancelled orders. I still ordered another deluxe edition for the unlikely event where they actually go through with the orders.

Legally they have to honor it. There was a big lawsuit with Amazon last year where they were selling $100-150 hardcovers for about $5. My friend bought like $30 of them and got a letter in the mail that they were going to fulfill the orders because a judge ruled that they had to.

Frozen Beach
08-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Hesitation Marks will be on HDtracks. Hopefully this leads to other albums being released on there.

imail724
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Local record store FTW!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/31/sytydu5a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM
Hesitation Marks will be on HDtracks. Hopefully this leads to other albums being released on there.
But the question is whether it'll be the standard master or the audiophile master.
I'm guessing it'll be the audiophile master.

xolotl
08-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Legally they have to honor it. There was a big lawsuit with Amazon last year where they were selling $100-150 hardcovers for about $5. My friend bought like $30 of them and got a letter in the mail that they were going to fulfill the orders because a judge ruled that they had to.

That's... really weird. Did you have a link to that? I'm not finding anything right now. It's weird that a refund wouldn't be sufficient in that case.

KarenLeslie
08-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Local record store FTW!
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/31/sytydu5a.jpg

You're in Smithtown? WHAT STORE?

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
That's... really weird. Did you have a link to that? I'm not finding anything right now. It's weird that a refund wouldn't be sufficient in that case.

I've ordered a nice few vinyl box sets from Amazon.ca because they had them priced incorrectly initially. They've honored each one because of their pre-order price protection.

Got this:
http://www.amazon.ca/Mellon-Collie-Infinite-Sadness-Vinyl/dp/B008Z9L94O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377882380&sr=8-1&keywords=smashing+pumpkins+lp

for $20 taxes in because they had it listed incorrectly when they first listed it.

xolotl
08-30-2013, 12:10 PM
I've ordered a nice few vinyl box sets from Amazon.ca because they had them priced incorrectly initially. They've honored each one because of their pre-order price protection.

Ah, I can see how it'd make sense given their own posted policies about stuff like that. I assume that the same might not apply to other retailers, though - if they don't have the same policies, then folks might just end up with refunds if the prices weren't posted properly. I guess time will tell!

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 12:12 PM

A few years ago I read a couple of stories about websites (including Best Buy, I think?) accidentally listing big ticket items at ridiculously low prices, and all of the orders were canceled based on some fine print about pricing mistakes. As far as I know that was never reversed. But I didn't see anything like that in the terms and conditions of the Hastings website, and since it's a small item I think they'd be more likely to just let it go.

Either way, the worst that can happen is you get your $1.49 back and you don't get your album.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
$1.49
$2.45 with shipping, darn it. :p
EDIT: But yeah, the worst that happens is that they give the people who ordered it their money back and don't ship the album.

dzaver
08-30-2013, 12:16 PM
I just cancelled my amazon.co.uk order. will be getting the deluxe and vinyl from a local record store the release day. screw them

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 12:19 PM
FYI all of the lyrics are now up on NINWiki for your reference. I left them all as is, except "Disappointed" where I moved the printed-but-not-sung lyrics to a footnote below the actual lyrics.

I think my fingers are going to fall off now...

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 12:22 PM
$2.45 with shipping, darn it. :p

I only ordered one and then decided to get two more, so I potentially wasted an extra $0.96 on shipping by not combining them all into one order. I'll be flogging myself all day for that costly mistake! ;)

Amaro
08-30-2013, 12:24 PM
FYI all of the lyrics are now up on NINWiki for your reference. I left them all as is, except "Disappointed" where I moved the printed-but-not-sung lyrics to a footnote below the actual lyrics.

I think my fingers are going to fall off now...

Thanks, lil' buddy.

Kyle
08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Thanks a lot for this! I really like the design. Shame I have to wait for a few weeks to order my own copy.

How on Earth could they screw up the "its" twice in the same line?
Watching fate as it flows down the path we have chose.

Actually I think the its/it's thing was in the YZ book too, but I don't remember where.

m15a
08-30-2013, 12:59 PM
was just about to post about how i found it odd that "Black Noise" is split off in a separate track from "While I'm Still Here" being that they fit together so well as one piece and how "While I'm Still Here" is a parallel to "Hurt" and could have been more so if it was the last track with a long outro. but i just realized that "While I'm Still Here" played on loop matches up perfectly (with itself).

sorry if this falls into overanalyzing, but does anyone else think that looping is narratively significant? contrasting the non-ending suggested on this album with the ending suggested on TDS.

less analytically, does anyone else almost expect "Black Noise" to go on for another 6 minutes (similar to "Corona Radiata")? maybe that feeling of wanting more is sort of intentional, too. maybe they tried adding more and then decided to cut it short.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 01:01 PM
I suspect that the sudden end of "Black Noise" is the protagonist's death.

Kyle
08-30-2013, 01:06 PM
I think the looping though is definitely intentional. Maybe that's just "while he's still here" is going to be much longer than it appears at first. Despite finally reaching where he always wanted to be, he still has that feeling that its going to end soon but he's wrong. Eventually he will die though just like the rest of us and that's where black noise comes in. I the meantime though while he's still here everyday is exactly the same.

Ok that last part is stretching it. Probably this whole post is.

The looping is too perfect though to not be intentional.

broevol
08-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Has this thing leaked yet?

m15a
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
man. just read the lyrics and listened to the track a few times over. now i want to dress up like a 90s goth kid and sit in a dark room. :( just kidding not kidding.

Reznor2112
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM
So no one who ordered from NIN.com has received their copy yet?

Ryan Tollefson
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm thinking its a digital download only, not a physical copy. I'm wrong from time to time though.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm thinking its a digital download only, not a physical copy. I'm wrong from time to time though.

There's a shipping charge, so... And it says "Compact Disc"

Kyle
08-30-2013, 01:24 PM
The description says cd and they charged me for shipping.

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM

I got my deluxe CD from nin.com but the standard and vinyl edition have yet to arrive.

nemesiswontdie
08-30-2013, 01:42 PM
I just got my copy of HM in the mail. I'm surprised it came this early. I never get stuff early.

imail724
08-30-2013, 01:45 PM
You're in Smithtown? WHAT STORE?

Mr. Cheapos in commack

rampface
08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
How do I track my order from NIN.com?

Kyle
08-30-2013, 01:54 PM
How do I track my order from NIN.com?

Open your mailbox and see if its there. (Not being snarky. That's just the only way you'll know)

ok maybe a little snarky.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 01:56 PM
I just checked my mailbox... Pizza coupons.

Ruttiger
08-30-2013, 02:00 PM

Got my deluxe today from NIN.com

Kyle
08-30-2013, 02:01 PM
I just checked my mailbox... Pizza coupons.
See if you can turn them in for a cd.

Frozen Beach
But the question is whether it'll be the standard master or the audiophile master.
I'm guessing it'll be the audiophile master.
Hell, it might be both. Whatever they send HDtracks, they'll use.

WorzelG
Review from LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-review-nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-20130830,0,6030712.story

dlb
08-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Got pissdrunk yesterday and upon returning home I jammed out to my first listen of the record. After pushing through it two times I immidiately went on amazon and ordered another 3 copies to give to friends. Friends who FUCKING NEED TO LISTEN TO THAT GODDAMN AMAZING RECORD!!! http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/ahhh.gif

ericy210
08-30-2013, 02:04 PM
My deluxe cd from nin.com just arrived at my house outside Chicago today!

chroipahtz
08-30-2013, 02:07 PM
the problem isn't with the pitchfork news department but the review department. Besides, the news they post hardly has anything with their preference but the stories that bring in the views.
The guy who normally reviews NIN albums for Pitchfork posted a tweet the other day where he said he would give the album an 8.6 at that point. No idea if he's changed his mind as I don't know who it was and I can't find the tweet now.

halo33
08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Mr. Cheapos in commack

I buy many records from that store.

chroipahtz
08-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Review from LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-review-nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks-20130830,0,6030712.story
tl;dr - "This album is great, but I wish Trent wasn't so emo. 2.5/4"

Reviewers are full of shit.

NINisamazing
08-30-2013, 02:13 PM
The guy who normally reviews NIN albums for Pitchfork posted a tweet the other day where he said he would give the album an 8.6 at that point. No idea if he's changed his mind as I don't know who it was and I can't find the tweet now.
Is it the same dude who crapped on the fragile? Because he doesn't work for them anymore.

imail724
08-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I buy many records from that store.

That's cool man, I didn't think there was anyone else from around here on this site

chroipahtz
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Is it the same dude who crapped on the fragile? Because he doesn't work for them anymore.
I'm not sure, it may be his successor who also craps on post-Fragile albums.

xolotl
08-30-2013, 02:17 PM
So, re: that gohastings thing, is anyone else able to use Paypal to checkout? I'm guessing they might not be allowing it because of some presale stuff (I assume that people's cards probably won't get charged until the third). I just can't quite bring myself to trust that place with my credit card number, though it'd be nice to have a second deluxe copy for, you know, collecting purposes.

#firstworldproblems, yeah?

halo33
08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
No Paypal on preorders. I got that message later on in checkout.

Transfixed
08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Review from LA Times

Huh?? Really good review, with minor critique/suggestions for Reznor at the end....equals 2 1/2 out of 4 stars? wtf.

Transfixed
08-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Got pissdrunk yesterday and upon returning home I jammed out to my first listen of the record. After pushing through it two times I immidiately went on amazon and ordered another 3 copies to give to friends. Friends who FUCKING NEED TO LISTEN TO THAT GODDAMN AMAZING RECORD!!! http://www.chimpout.com/forum/images/smilies/ahhh.gif

AMEN Brotha! It's one hell of a record, and I'm so excited, for myself, for all NIN fans across the world, and for Trent himself who should be proud as shit of this - one of the best NIN albums ever. :D

ericy210
08-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Anyone up for the project of deciphering the mirrored, bloodstained writing in the inside cover of deluxe cd? I can read "Dear Sir" pretty clearly when I hold it up to the mirror. It will take some work...

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 02:28 PM
So, re: that gohastings thing, is anyone else able to use Paypal to checkout? I'm guessing they might not be allowing it because of some presale stuff (I assume that people's cards probably won't get charged until the third). I just can't quite bring myself to trust that place with my credit card number, though it'd be nice to have a second deluxe copy for, you know, collecting purposes.

#firstworldproblems, yeah?

I've never ordered from their website before but I've shopped at Hastings many times. They're a big and legitimate company.

Digital Twilight
08-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Huh?? Really good review, with minor critique/suggestions for Reznor at the end....equals 2 1/2 out of 4 stars? wtf.

That's what I thought, great review but low score.

MrSlfDstruct
08-30-2013, 02:31 PM
A buck sixty shipped? Well, now I'll have a deluxe and a standard copy. If they don't cancel all of these orders.

Butterscotch
08-30-2013, 02:31 PM
It's funny, based on the titles, I was worried that Various Methods Of Escape would be an HTDA-like instrumental, and I Would For You would be a Jane's Addiction cover.... and as of now, they're my favorite songs on the album.

xolotl
08-30-2013, 02:32 PM
I've never ordered from their website before but I've shopped at Hastings many times. They're a big and legitimate company.

I suppose I mostly just worry that they might handle their credit-card number storage with the same care they seem to be taking with their CD pricing. :)

Which is unfair of me for a variety of reasons, of course.

chroipahtz
08-30-2013, 02:33 PM
That's what I thought, great review but low score.
I first scrolled down to find the score, then I read the review to see how he justified it. I kept waiting to see it but it wasn't there.

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 02:37 PM
The people in the US that got the album early, did your nin.com order screen show shipped?

antpatty
08-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Quite a few people said when HTDA came out that it sounded too much like NIN. If Trent is involved of course there are going to be some similarities.

na only the first HTDA ep sounded like NIN

gimp1124
08-30-2013, 02:40 PM
That's cool man, I didn't think there was anyone else from around here on this site

word, islip represent kid

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 02:41 PM
The people in the US that got the album early, did your nin.com order screen show shipped?
Nope. 10 characters.

simonn
08-30-2013, 02:43 PM
tl;dr - "This album is great, but I wish Trent wasn't so emo. 2.5/4"

Reviewers are full of shit.

Thought the review was going well until about 2/3rds through. Ah well...2 bad reviews out of about 10 I've read now.

Just wish the bleeding thing would turn up at my house - Amazon must be getting really pissed off with me phoning them to ask why the hell it still hasn't been sent out for a Monday delivery! Though the latest post-telephone-conversation e-mail that they routinely send out said you should expect to receive this at any time up to 9pm on release day! Fuck that!! If it's not here by midday on Monday I'm going to have to cave! Took the day off work for this....

accelestar
08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
To the people who got the nin.com order early: Do you recall what kind of shipping you got?

pigpen
08-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Has the audiophile mix of Hesitation Marks been released yet?

Bachy
08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
I've been obsessing over a new track each day. Today it's "Disappointed."

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 02:47 PM
To the people who got the nin.com order early: Do you recall what kind of shipping you got?
I paid for standard shipping and they shipped it UPS Mail Innovations.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 02:47 PM
As far as I know, that'll be released the 3rd.

xolotl
08-30-2013, 02:48 PM

No - it's extremely unlikely to come out until midnight on the third, in whatever timezone they'll be operating from (EST?). I think if we were going to get the store.nin.com stuff early, we would have gotten it along with the itunes streaming.

Khrz
08-30-2013, 02:49 PM

It will be released on nin.com exclusively from what I gathered, so no, not until the third, like the rest of the downloads.

EndlessLoveless
08-30-2013, 02:52 PM
So i just recieved my deluxe cd in the mail, but fucked up because i didnt order the standard cd and vinyl until i saw that there was different artwork for each. So pretty much they are coming at different times. So DISAPPOINTED.

Totally awesome that it came early tho!!! And it is gorgeous!! Looks so nice. Only thing is the cd slip case...always fucks them up. Glad i have the standard coming as well.

edit- To everyone else, it didnt say shipped and i didnt get an email or anything letting me know.

jesus
08-30-2013, 02:53 PM
so anyone who ordered from amazon.com got the album? [I pre-ordered deluxe]

pigpen
08-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Amazon says they won't ship until release day, and that you should expect it by the 9th...

I cancelled my order, and plan to just go pick up a copy in the city on tuesday. I called and they have them marked for 22.99!!

Conan The Barbarian
08-30-2013, 03:03 PM
Amazon says they won't ship until release day, and that you should expect it by the 9th...

I cancelled my order, and plan to just go pick up a copy in the city on tuesday. I called and they have them marked for 22.99!!

Really? Mine says it will be delivered on release day.

jesus
08-30-2013, 03:09 PM

http://pictures.picasion.com/pic42/a36f8651b72921a67e6f71a81828a24a.gif

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 03:18 PM

I have release date delivery and mine hasn't shipped yet. Most of my past pre-orders have shipped the day before release.

thetourist
08-30-2013, 03:26 PM
amazon germany has the vinyl now on backorder and says because of delivery problems it is delayed to 16 to 19 of september. Cancelled the order and JPC germany has it. Package will arrive tomorrow.

This hastings offer just made my day. Ordered 3 DCD and 1 CD for 4,51Euro delivered to germany.....

Transfixed
08-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Anyone else keep getting reminded of KORN everytime they listen to Running?

NIN - "Running out of places I can hide from this"

KORN - "I have no place to run and hide"

It reminded me of it immediately, and now I'm all annoyed at being reminded of Korn every time :/

pigpen
08-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Really? Mine says it will be delivered on release day.

Yup, at least that's my order said before I cancelled it. I'm just going to pick it up at the record store, it's cheaper that way anyway.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Anyone else thought of Obama in Satellite when Trent says "Yes we can"? And, interestingly enough...surveillance state and all (satellites).

Please give me some Facepalms.

fabripav
08-30-2013, 03:39 PM
lol, Korn and Obama.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM
Anyone else thought of Obama in Satellite when Trent says "Yes we can"? And, interestingly enough...surveillance state and all (satellites).
That's what I thought. And I think TR's said that he had hope that Obama would be different than Bush when he first got elected but he's dissapointed now that he realizes that all that changed was the President's skintone*.

*OK, not exactly.

brokenfragility
08-30-2013, 03:47 PM

Please give me some Facepalms.

I don't think of Obama (although I probably will now) but I totally think of NSA stuff throughout that whole song. I think that is a pretty obvious connection.

thetourist
08-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I had the same thought.

Anyone else thought of Obama in Satellite when Trent says "Yes we can"?

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 03:56 PM

Picked standard shipping and it came via dhl global mail. Says it was shipped from mississauga ontario which I found funny. Wondering if they may have shipped all Canadian preorders to a central location and shipped them to individuals from there. My last preorders shipped from US and I got hit with brokerage fees on all of them . This one there were no brokerage fees at all. That being said I haven't received my vinyl and standard edition yet only the deluxe *crosses fingers for no brokerage fees*

EndlessLoveless
08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Definetely not hearing any obama or korn. Im hearing nine inch nails take a step in a new direction and fucking kill it.

minusthesnake
08-30-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't think of Obama (although I probably will now) but I totally think of NSA stuff throughout that whole song. I think that is a pretty obvious connection.

Very obvious, but funny given that "Satellite" was written long before any of the big NSA info leaked this year.

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Very obvious, but funny given that "Satellite" was written long before any of the big NSA info leaked this year.
In b4 Trent is Illuminati.

It's possible it may be leftover from the Year Zero sessions that he reconfigured.

rampface
08-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Obama + Korn = Hesitation Marks per this thread

can't. un. see.

Bmw1185
08-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Got my DE copy of HM in the mail today too. This packaging is quality! And i chose the standard shipping method too. I guess they have to mail out stuff ahead of time to ensure everyone has their copy BY 9.3. It's also my day off so i'm going to go lock myself in my listening room and absorb the artwork! :)

nemesiswontdie
08-30-2013, 04:34 PM
The quality to the DE case is awesome. The lyric pages are thick too which is really nice.

I also really like the sleek shine on the CDs.

eversonpoe
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
the $1.49 CDs on hastings are up to $7.49...still a good deal, though.

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 04:42 PM
the $1.49 CDs on hastings are up to $7.49...still a good deal, though.

haha glad I bought my 6 copies total for $15 or so shipped.

eversonpoe
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
haha glad I bought my 6 copies total for $15 or so shipped.

:: shakes fist ::

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 04:43 PM
I haven't tried it, but apparently the code "earlybird" will also get you free shipping.

piggies_pinion
08-30-2013, 04:46 PM
The 2nd demo totally has a John Carpenter vibe going on.

dogsipod
08-30-2013, 04:51 PM
So mine showed up in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 04:56 PM
the $1.49 CDs on hastings are up to $7.49...
Actually, $7.99.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Ruttiger
08-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Too funny - received my DE CD about 6 hours ago and NOW I get an email from "NIN" that it's on it's way :).

PhoenixML
08-30-2013, 04:59 PM
YES!!! Montreal, ordered the deluxe from nin.com. I HAVE IT!!!

sheepdean
08-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I just got dispatch notification from RecordStore.co.uk, should have mine before release day too

Harry Seaward
08-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Just got my "Your order has shipped" email and then two seconds later, my brother knocked on my door to hand me my Hesitation Marks preorder. Talk about quick shipping!

WorzelG
08-30-2013, 05:11 PM
My order from nin.com said shipped - no idea when it shipped though, hoping to get it tomorrow or Monday

Amaro
08-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Just got my DE order shipment notice e-mail from nin.com.

Anomander
08-30-2013, 05:15 PM
Nice to come home from work and see the package lying on the counter.

JessicaSarahS
08-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Just got my "Your order has shipped" email and then two seconds later, my brother knocked on my door to hand me my Hesitation Marks preorder. Talk about quick shipping!

The future is now!

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Who was the guy who was all super sure that nobody would be getting their prereleases early?

I want to tell them to suck it.

gizmo
08-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Just got the email as well. Was hoping it would show up on my door, but I can wait till Monday.

thatguymark
08-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Yep, my deluxe edition / standard shipping arrived today, too. Playing it through my surround system for the first time sounds awfully different than my puny earbuds. I'm loving it.

Mr.Metheus
08-30-2013, 05:35 PM
I also just received my shipment confirmation. No CD yet though!

sheepdean
08-30-2013, 05:37 PM
"While I'm Still Here" contains portions of "Weary Blues From Waiting" [Hank Williams, Sr.]

Wait what.

SM Rollinger
08-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Soooo... has the Autolux mix of Everything surfaced yet?

Amaro
08-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Shit, just saw that I can track my order via nin.com--I SHOULD have my DE tomorrow from UPS!

Bmw1185
08-30-2013, 05:41 PM
"While I'm Still Here" contains portions of "Weary Blues From Waiting" [Hank Williams, Sr.]

Wait what.

Yeah, it was pointed out in another post here in ETS. Contains lyrics from that song...i'd say it's awesome nod to one of the greats in songwriting that's no longer with us.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
And I just got my shipping notification, almost 5 hours after my DE arrived.

slave2thewage
08-30-2013, 05:45 PM
^Googled the lyrics:

Through tears I watch young lovers
As they go strolling by
Oh all the things that might have been
God forgive me if I cry

SM Rollinger
08-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Im loving the second demo from the "Conversation"! Talk about a throwback!!!

Has anybody came up with fan names for these yet?

jesus
08-30-2013, 05:54 PM
So all of you getting the DE ordered from nin.com ? or any of you ordered from amazon.com?

Bachy
08-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Just got my shipping notification from NIN. Can't wait!!

Freakasaurus
08-30-2013, 06:00 PM

Same here! Got my Deluxe CD in mail and then an email saying it shipped. Lol. No shit!

Bachy
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
And I just got my shipping notification, almost 5 hours after my DE arrived.

Same here! Got my Deluxe CD in mail and then an email saying it shipped. Lol. No shit!

You're getting my hopes up. STAHP.

accelestar
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Got my DE from nin.com a few minutes ago. I'm trying to take pictures of the booklet pages but it doesn't want to stay open so I have to hold it open with one hand and take pictures with the other and all the pictures are blurry. I managed to take these with both hands though.

http://i.imgur.com/Bfur7nl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HM6gwcR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/m3mxSd3.jpg

mr9inchnail
08-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Just got my email about my order 6 hours after I received the deluxe edition (still missing the standard and vinyl) but it tells me "no tracking available" BOOO ! =(

accelestar
08-30-2013, 06:11 PM
Heh, gohastings.com is experiencing site maintenance right now. Wonder why...

InvitingmeAway
08-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Just got my copy of the DE!!!! I am very happy, the artwork is incredible!!!

InvitingmeAway
08-30-2013, 06:29 PM
I am starting to think that if you could collect all the albums and lay them out a certain way, it will make a picture. I say this because the back of the DE has a similar look to the standard digital copy of the album.

Anomander
08-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Anyone who orded the DE get the e-mail for the before mastering tracks?

howdidislipinto
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Got my email but sadly it definitely didn't arrive today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. (Ordered the DE and Vinyl through nin.com.)

Edit: I saw someone mention UPS but my tracking number appears to be USPS. Dunno if that's the difference between who's receiving a copy and who isn't.

gunn13
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Just this minute received emails from nin.com letting me know my order has shipped (all three versions). I'm in the UK so not expecting it until release date.

accelestar
08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Got my email but sadly it definitely didn't arrive today. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. (Ordered the DE and Vinyl through nin.com.)

Edit: I saw someone mention UPS but my tracking number appears to be USPS. Dunno if that's the difference between who's receiving a copy and who isn't.
I got mine through the regular USPS, though I live very close to LA, where I presume they shipped out the CD's.

Ax Mr. L
08-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Picked up the international version of the album today from my local record store, the artwork is amazing and I can't wait to see the artwork of the DE, vinyl and japanese versions. The album is really great too, can't yet really say how high I would rank this on NIN discography, but I can say I'm enjoying this more than The Slip. Overall the album is really solid, only "Everything" sounds a little bit out of place in this album in my opinion, but it's not a bad song and it has grown a lot on me since I first heard it.

howdidislipinto
08-30-2013, 06:44 PM
I got mine through the regular USPS, though I live very close to LA, where I presume they shipped out the CD's.

Me too. That just makes me even more sad. Maybe the vinyl held me back.

SM Rollinger
08-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Picked up the international version of the album today from my local record store, the artwork is amazing and I can't wait to see the artwork of the DE, vinyl and japanese versions. The album is really great too, can't yet really say how high I would rank this on NIN discography, but I can say I'm enjoying this more than The Slip. Overall the album is really solid, only "Everything" sounds a little bit out of place in this album in my opinion, but it's not a bad song and it has grown a lot on me since I first heard it.

It doesnt include that Autolux remix doesnt?

I believe Trent stated Everything was written originally for the Greatest Hits comp, along with Satellite. Which would explain why it sounds out of place. But the track has grown on me too, so itll be interesting to see how it fits into the context of the rest of the album come the 3rd.

I just placed my pre-order 2 days ago, so yea, no CD for me yet. And ive been avoiding the leaks.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah, my DE is coming very likely tomorrow via UPS, here in Ohio, and it all started in Fontana, CA.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 06:52 PM
I saw someone mention UPS but my tracking number appears to be USPS.
It was shipped UPS Mail Innovations, which is where UPS ships the package to a post office near the destination and the USPS delivers the package.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 06:53 PM
It was shipped UPS Mail Innovations, which is where UPS ships the package to a post office near the destination and the USPS delivers the package.

Sounds right! Good info.

Ax Mr. L
08-30-2013, 06:54 PM
It doesnt include that Autolux remix doesnt?

I believe Trent stated Everything was written originally for the Greatest Hits comp, along with Satellite.

Unfortunately no, the artwork is just a bit different. Satellite though fits better to the overall sound of the album IMO.

Volk
08-30-2013, 06:55 PM
If I preordered the DE today at 3pm, you guys think there's any chance I'd have it in the next hour or so?

loljk...I already have the leak. But I'm giving Trent my money anyway....for the DE & vinyl.

InvitingmeAway
08-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Albums sound better when you actually have it in your hands ;)

Kamelion
08-30-2013, 07:15 PM
My account on nin.com says mine shipped yesterday! Doubt it will get to the UK before next week, though. Oh well. Listened to the stream on the Guardian site and loved it. Can't wait for the real thing.

tony.parente
08-30-2013, 07:33 PM
If mine's not here tomorrow i'll be lighting motherfuckers on fire.

Ryan
08-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Got my NIN order shipped email too just now.

fuckit
08-30-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm loving the "consequence of sound" review comments!

Jg23666
08-30-2013, 07:47 PM
EDIT: nevermind

somewhat_
08-30-2013, 08:03 PM
Considering I'm waiting for the album before i have my first listen, I was quite disappointed when i didn't see it in my mailbox today. According to my nin.com account i will receive it on Tuesday, but i sure had my hopes up earlier when i read others received it today.

blassster
08-30-2013, 08:22 PM
The instruments and the "hoo ooo oooo" at the end of Satellite make me think of 007 for some reason. Maybe it's the bass synth (or whatever) during that part.

Amaro
08-30-2013, 08:30 PM
The instruments and the "hoo ooo oooo" at the end of Satellite make me think of 007 for some reason. Maybe it's the bass synth (or whatever) during that part.

Wow, same here...huh. You're never alone in this world. ;)

Barack Obama and Pierce Brosnan, and maybe Trez Nor. Fantastic conjured persons and images I'm working with.

Trent1995
08-30-2013, 08:38 PM
That's pretty cool how fucking EVERYBODY who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition got it in the mail today. BESIDES ME. FUCK.

Kamelion
08-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Shipping email just in as well.

LeviSnuts
08-30-2013, 08:52 PM
nevermind nevermind

Amaro
08-30-2013, 08:56 PM
That's pretty cool how fucking EVERYBODY who pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition got it in the mail today. BESIDES ME. FUCK.

And me.

Did you track its current status?

Brocephus
08-30-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm loving the "consequence of sound" review comments!

I know, right? The level of butthurt is overwhelming. Person comments that "they are a NIN fan who doesn't like the new album" and leaves it at that, meanwhile other people say it's amazing and launch into a long-winded and pretentious justification for why the album should be considered good (and throw in a couple insults as well, of course). It's hilarious. I'm not really a fan of Hesitation Marks and I pretty much agree with their 2.5/5 ranking (I would maybe give it a 3) but I don't agree with the general thrust of the accompanying article. He invests too much into the whole "recapturing teen angst" thing and doesn't really talk much about the actual product. If his intentions were to ruffle feathers and troll the obsessive NIN fanbase, then mission accomplished

Hesitation Marks...I dunno. Trent needs to just put this project to bed for good and move onto something else (like more instrumental soundtrack work) ...But on the other hand, a new NIN album (good or bad) means more touring which I think everyone wants. The new stage show is incredible.

jesus
Well and me, but I pre-ordered from amazon :'( ... at least Im getting the album though

Trent1995
And me.

Did you track its current status?

I did, and it's blank. All it says is that it was received August 28th by USPS and that's it.

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 09:05 PM
I did, and it's blank. All it says is that it was received August 28th by USPS and that's it.
So it sounds like you might get it tomorrow,

binaryhermit
08-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Actually, $7.99.

...And now gohastings has the DE for $9.99. Makes me a bit nervous about the $1.49 deal. Still a hell of a steal for the deluxe edition.

EDIT: Though they still seem to be honoring my $1.49 deal.

ericy210
08-30-2013, 09:15 PM
So, big question. Will it debut at #1? Assuming sales from nin.com count, I would guess yes. It's not so hard to do, you don't need to sell as nearly as many as in the mid 90s. I think Jay Z holds the top spot with Magnate Carta, according to Rolling Stone. Other contenders don't seem so strong, unless something big is coming out sept 3. what do you predict?

GentlemanLoser
08-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Anyone want to post some photos of the inside of the book? I don't mean an in-depth hi-res scan of each page or anything, I'd just like to know how it's all arranged.

butter_hole
08-30-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyone want to post some photos of the inside of the book? I don't mean an in-depth hi-res scan of each page or anything, I'd just like to know how it's all arranged.
At least four people have posted it so far... look through the HM thread.