PDA

View Full Version : TOIOU/RITCN: HTDA Live in Chicago Blu-ray/DVD

Torgo
05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Hey guys,

If you haven't heard, TOIOU and RITC are producing an HTDA Live Concert Blu-Ray/DVD currently.

We're going to be updating progress on the project at https://twitter.com/thisoneisonus and the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/toiou/.

Current progress:

LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1463-2013-04-23-Chicago-IL-The-Vic?p=82924#post82924). If you have footage and you would like to contribute, PLEASE contact Ash : ppchevigny@filmssix.com

You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send Ash a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.

Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.

Also - if anyone knows how to get a hold of suprefan personally (youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HAsfY1tjgp8), please help us out and contact him/her. We'd really love to get that footage in the mix.

Syncing is currently being done by Ash and he's uploaded some short Vines to show the quality: vine.co/v/b0iUYWtqH3a (https://t.co/0H3s2dQThG) and vine.co/v/b0i0PepvIv2 (https://t.co/rxeL0VijcX)

----------

This post will be updated fairly frequently whenever something new is posted or new announcements are going to be made. TOIOU/RITCN wants to keep people in the loop as much as possible with what is going on and as a fair warning (so don't ask) - physical distribution will not be talked about until the project is done.

theimage13
05-11-2013, 05:39 PM
When will the discs be ready?? What will they include?!?

Kidding, kidding. I'm stoked to see these two teams working on this! Were you guys able to go so far as to do a soundboard recording (i.e. the DDNYC project), or is the audio audience sourced? If it's the latter, is it single source or a matrix mix? Don't mean to sound prying...I'm a "sound guy" by trade, so just curious about that end of the project.

Torgo
06-23-2013, 07:06 PM
UPDATE: All of the editors now have the hard drives with the footage and are going through rough cuts/notes.

Cool.

ninlive
06-23-2013, 09:44 PM
The rough cuts that I have seen thus far looks great!

When will the discs be ready?? What will they include?!?

Kidding, kidding. I'm stoked to see these two teams working on this! Were you guys able to go so far as to do a soundboard recording (i.e. the DDNYC project), or is the audio audience sourced? If it's the latter, is it single source or a matrix mix? Don't mean to sound prying...I'm a "sound guy" by trade, so just curious about that end of the project.

Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over. We also would need to send him a rough edit before anything transpires.

BenAkenobi
06-24-2013, 04:23 AM
sigil five?

FernandoDante
06-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Subtitles?

theimage13
06-24-2013, 06:55 PM
The rough cuts that I have seen thus far looks great!

Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over. We also would need to send him a rough edit before anything transpires.

Holy shit, really? That's awesome! I still wish I could find a way to get more involved with this...between a degree and former life as a photographer and a current life as a live audio tech, I feel like there's gotta be something I could offer. This whole "touring" thing does make it a bit tricky to offer basic things like...you know...free time, though.

zecho
06-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Does anyone know if the visuals changed from show to show? I'm wondering because I've seen a few videos with visuals that I either don't remember or that look slightly different from other videos. I know there could be minor discrepancies because of the nature of the show, but other than that did the visuals actually change from show to show?

sheepdean
06-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know if the visuals changed from show to show? I'm wondering because I've seen a few videos with visuals that I either don't remember or that look slightly different from other videos. I know there could be minor discrepancies because of the nature of the show, but other than that did the visuals actually change from show to show?
Rob did live manipulation on-stage, so it's entirely possible he was doing significant variations each night

icklekitty
06-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Subtitles?

It seems so, but only in English. Ninjaw has done a pass with the Coachella video, but the work on this can't start until there's final audio (on account of him being driven batshit last time when exports meant changing timecodes all the time).

FernandoDante
06-25-2013, 12:41 PM
It seems so, but only in English. Ninjaw has done a pass with the Coachella video, but the work on this can't start until there's final audio (on account of him being driven batshit last time when exports meant changing timecodes all the time).
Well, if things change, I'm still up for a Portuguese version.

Anyway, did you guys contact suprefan? He/she has a twitter account, and I know the Radiohead fan site At Ease is in contact with that person whenever there's a Radiohead/Atoms For Peace gig. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

BRoswell
06-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Rob said Trent would work on the soundboard audio before handing it over.

Awesome, so we'll be seeing this in about ten years then. :p

Ash512
06-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Anyway, did you guys contact suprefan? He/she has a twitter account, and I know the Radiohead fan site At Ease is in contact with that person whenever there's a Radiohead/Atoms For Peace gig. Wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

Yep we managed to contact her! Thanks anyway.

Awesome, so we'll be seeing this in about ten years then.
Should anything happen, we do have a backup plan. But yeah, you never know.

elevenism
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh, bad ass!

ninjaw
08-24-2013, 05:54 AM

Shhh ! you ruined it :) yes full english subtitles for coachella are done, so i just need to sync it on the new show.

R37R0
08-25-2013, 08:14 AM
When theres any news on a release date, I'd certainly be interested in a Blu Ray version, the last set from TOIOU was great! as was the 1 disc version

That other guy
10-08-2013, 07:55 AM
When theres any news on a release date, I'd certainly be interested in a Blu Ray version, the last set from TOIOU was great! as was the 1 disc version

me too.Better yet i'd like to see them live again..

MAD
10-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Do you need... artsy stuff by any chance? You know, the usual.

icklekitty
10-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Probably. I don't think they've even considered that aspect yet. Ash512 RITCNIN

Ash512
10-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Very likely indeed. We're not in those stages yet, but you're welcome to submit your stuff if you like.

Kyle
12-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Just posting so I can get thread subscription updates.

Blackbookpress1984
12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Agreed upon above statement. I want this when it comes out.

FernandoDante
12-11-2013, 05:50 PM
I get excited when I see people have posted here.

And I realize I just did that to someone else too.

Ash512
12-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Reason it's being delayed : Let's just say there's a good chance we might have soundboard audio…
But don't worry, it's coming. In fact, we have a whole edit done. Needs a few touchups, and needs to be stitched together, but we're not that far off.

ninjaw
12-12-2013, 09:18 AM
so basically it's Rob's fault. :p

That other guy
01-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Do we know that status of this project? Based on Audio changes?

[73]
01-17-2014, 05:22 AM
Now that someone posted recently, I feel like I can post to get subscription updates via email so I don't miss out on this amazing project. I would have subscribed to this thread without posting if it were possible to. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post causes. Thanks for this project. I look forward to enjoying it. :)

The_Prowler
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr301/Dark-Sider/Memes/acb.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/Dark-Sider/media/Memes/acb.jpg.html)

But seriously, I'm going to be checking back as often as possible to see when and where I can order my copy.

Joy Prevention Hotline
01-17-2014, 06:50 PM
;162039']Now that someone posted recently, I feel like I can post to get subscription updates via email so I don't miss out on this amazing project. I would have subscribed to this thread without posting if it were possible to. I'm sorry for any inconvenience my post causes. Thanks for this project. I look forward to enjoying it. :)
The subscription option is hidden in the Thread Tools menu at the top of the page. (I’m still in lurking mode for this thread but thought I’d point that out for folks like you and Kyle.)

ninlive
01-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Do we know that status of this project? Based on Audio changes?

To give an update, there are just a few more things to do. But we will give more information when the time is right. Trust me. :)

Kyle
01-17-2014, 07:56 PM
To give an update, there are just a few more things to do. But we will give more information when the time is right. Trust me. :)

Translation - "soon."

ninlive
01-17-2014, 11:44 PM
Translation - "soon."

I wasn't trying to be so ambiguous. But like I said, there are a few more things that need to be put in place.

Kyle
01-17-2014, 11:48 PM
I wasn't trying to be so ambiguous. But like I said, there are a few more things that need to be put in place.

I know. I was just pretending to be funny.

That other guy
03-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Really looking forward to this project , The show was amazing when I saw it in NJ.

trollmanen
03-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Given the time since the last posts of "soon", any updates? Are we just waiting for the 1 year mark now?

Avarik
03-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I really hope Rob & Trent had the time to send you guys soundboard audio for this.

ophelia_
03-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Excitement!

Hazekiah
04-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Are we just waiting for the 1 year mark now?

10 days to go...

Hazekiah
05-12-2014, 05:24 AM
So like, howzabout a ONE SONG teaser preview or something?

Who cares if it's half-assed audio?!?

This mute nothing-more-than-10-seconds-of-Vine-crap after A FULL YEAR is KILLING ME, man.

Ash512
05-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Still nothing from the band. We are waiting because they have a genuine interest though... From my understanding, they're just too busy right now.

But the truth is: the full thing is edited in three different parts, we just need to join all parts together and replace the audio track.

Be patient. If we're taking so much time , it's because we think it's worth waiting for the best audio source. If it doesn't work out in the end, well bummer, but we'll just put it out with crowd sourced audio.

You know these things take time. We'll deliver.

Hazekiah
05-13-2014, 11:28 PM
^ Never in doubt!

But if they're too busy and it's taking this long with no end in sight, I'm just saying...there are multiple more-than-decent-enough sources to get a decent sneak peak up-and-running at this point!

I didn't mean to sound so surly, lol. Humblest apologies for that, I'm just dying to see-and-hear ANYTHING at this point! We'll all understand if it's just a best-available-at-the-time audio experience meant to be replaced later, especially considering how good the alternate sources are anyway.

It doesn't even need to be 5.1/7.1/w/e to get people excited, just something that sounds good on PC speakers and headphones, after all.

Just sayin'!

We all have faith in the finished product, BELIEVE ME.

Your track record speaks for itself.

<3

somethingelse
05-13-2014, 11:31 PM
I would rather wait for the finished result tbh.

Kyle
05-13-2014, 11:42 PM
I would also rather wait for the finished band sourced audio. I'm patient.

ninjaw
05-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Maybe it's a stupid question, but is there any chance NIN will be interested by releasing your own work officially ?

Leviathant
05-14-2014, 08:55 AM
NIN isn't even interested in releasing their own work officially, dude.

gorast
05-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Maybe this thread should be locked until there's actually something to talk about with this. For now it's just "done yet? no? ok bye" over and over and over.

Leviathant
05-14-2014, 02:34 PM
Agreed. TOIOUians, PM a mod to unlock this when the time is appropriate. Or start a new thread :)

sheepdean
07-24-2015, 09:47 AM
The TOIOU/NLA release deserves its own thread.

http://toiou.org/htda/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdL_SOIQPE

July 22nd, 2015 – In 2012, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), Mariqueen Maandig-Reznor (West Indian Girl), Atticus Ross (12 Rounds), Alessandro Cortini (Sonoio) and Rob Sheridan formed How To Destroy Angels. Their debut album “Welcome Oblivion” was followed by 11 sold out shows of the United States - including two shows at Coachella – and demand for further performances, both in the US and overseas. Added to this innovative visuals from Moment Factory and a performance quickly described by the attendees as “exceptional”, the tour was documented to allow their global fan base a chance to experience the work of this supergroup on the stage.
Members of This One Is On Us (Another Version of the Truth, The Downward Spiral Live) and the Nine Inch Nails Live Archive subsequently sought to capture the performance through the eyes of fans using high definition equipment at the Vic Theatre in Chicago on 23rd April 2012. The footage was edited by fans globally (Detroit, London, Montreal, Australia) and what emerges today is HTDA [CHICAGO]. It is the only complete document of this rare production that was only performed 11 times in club-capacity venues. Available in multiple digital formats, to stream and download, for free. A physical release is being planned.

xolotl
07-24-2015, 09:59 AM
Indeed! Many congrats to the team who've been working on this. It's great news that it's finally out, and I'm eagerly awaiting the opportunity to buy some physical copies!

icklekitty
07-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Here's the physical request box: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AYDyXlW3-uu9ZSI-yROYo0XVttexYzUXfC5z9dttruo/viewform

We've already had 80 responses!

sheepdean
07-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Here's the physical request box: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AYDyXlW3-uu9ZSI-yROYo0XVttexYzUXfC5z9dttruo/viewform

We've already had 80 responses!
Goes without saying, but I assume Region 0/Region free?

icklekitty
07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
I think so yeah. I think AVOTT was. I'll talk to Clive to see if we can make you some kind of super deluxe version that costs £400

xolotl
07-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Hot damn. I'm only five minutes in, and this is glorious. Fantastic work, everyone!

Edit: Yeah, absolutely glorious throughout. Great job! I loved TR's smile while being introduced by Mariqueen.

fortheloveofgod
07-24-2015, 11:36 AM
I am I missing the audio download?

FernandoDante
07-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Wow, I was not expecting this to come out right now! It looks amazing.

I guess the HTDA camp didn't provide an audio source after all?

Substance242
07-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Maybe I am a bit slow today (still quite hot weather...), but "Available in multiple digital formats" - where? Of course I _am_ grateful for this, but I can see "just" YouTube right now, maybe later? Peace, just confused. :-)

BRoswell
07-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Shame about the audio, but this still looks and sounds great!

Ash512
07-24-2015, 12:44 PM
About the audio : the editing was pretty much done about over a year ago... We've waited this long because we hoped we would have a pro audio mix, but the band obviously has a lot of other priorities. So after not hearing from them for a year, even after repeated attempts to reach, we decided to go ahead and use a fan recorded source.

BRoswell
07-24-2015, 01:05 PM
It would be funny if the release finally made them go "Oh yeah. That thing we were going to do.", and then suddenly there's a soundboard mix in your Dropbox. :p

xolotl
07-24-2015, 01:06 PM
About the audio : the editing was pretty much done about over a year ago... We've waited this long because we hoped we would have a pro audio mix, but the band obviously has a lot of other priorities. So after not hearing from them for a year, even after repeated attempts to reach, we decided to go ahead and use a fan recorded source.

While it doubtless would have been awesome to have pro audio to mix in, personally I often prefer having an AUD recording anyway. The source (sources?) used on the video sound stellar, and there's something to be said for capturing the ambient noise going on at a show. Sure, it's not going to be as clean as something coming from a soundboard, but it's an added layer of immersion. Plus, this way the fan-produced nature of the production is undiluted!

Anyway, once again: totally awesome job on this. Looking forward to giving it another watch later tonight! I'm quite impressed at how well the cameras were able to capture that show - All those surgical-tubing vertical bars over everything must've been a challenge for the cameras.

gorast
07-24-2015, 01:16 PM
Just to be clear so I'm not missing anything on the site, the downloads for audio and video aren't quite ready yet, right? Fantastic work in any case.

DVYDRNS
07-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I played with a lot of frequencies to get the audio into the shape its in here. I hope its enjoyable for you all! I enjoyed working on it!

icklekitty
07-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Downloads are indeed forthcoming; Ryan just needs to get home to his FTP first because the files are big.

And yes, literally the only delay here was waiting for the band to maybe/maybe not provide an audio source. Hey, at least nobody took your money!

owinn
07-24-2015, 03:13 PM
'salright innit? :p

sheepdean
07-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Hey, at least nobody took your money!
http://media.giphy.com/media/amkxRknWsbWtG/giphy.gif

FernandoDante
07-24-2015, 06:00 PM
Downloads are indeed forthcoming; Ryan just needs to get home to his FTP first because the files are big.

And yes, literally the only delay here was waiting for the band to maybe/maybe not provide an audio source. Hey, at least nobody took your money!
Shit, this reminded me: I gotta ask my yearly "what ever happened to those guys?" Was there a refund?

RJK
07-24-2015, 06:02 PM
Shit, this reminded me: I gotta ask my yearly "what ever happened to those guys?" Was there a refund?

No, there was no refund. I might as well have lit that 30 dollars on fire.

owinn
07-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Confession time, even though I had been working on artwork and website duties I have only just now got around to seeing the performance in its entirety. It's an incredible achievement by the film makers in the context of what this is and I might add truly immersive in its quality too, at one point I nearly forgot I was watching a Youtube video and felt like I was among the crowd! Concert footage at its very best. Thanks to the film makers for this I had a real blast watching for the first time of what is sure to be many more viewings.

ninlive
07-24-2015, 11:20 PM
While it doubtless would have been awesome to have pro audio to mix in, personally I often prefer having an AUD recording anyway. The source (sources?) used on the video sound stellar, and there's something to be said for capturing the ambient noise going on at a show. Sure, it's not going to be as clean as something coming from a soundboard, but it's an added layer of immersion. Plus, this way the fan-produced nature of the production is undiluted!

Anyway, once again: totally awesome job on this. Looking forward to giving it another watch later tonight! I'm quite impressed at how well the cameras were able to capture that show - All those surgical-tubing vertical bars over everything must've been a challenge for the cameras.

This was from just one audience audio recording done with Schoeps MK4s. It was recorded from the static wide shot camera which was basically in front of the soundboard. I prefer audience recordings as well because they capture the ambiance of the venue/show. But I am not going to lie, I would've loved to have gotten a proper mix from HTDA for this after everyone had put so much hard work into filming/editing/working on everything you see on the site and video. There was a big effort put into this and I think HTDA in the end, missed out on it. I mean shoot, they didn't even have to spot the bill for the high end cams! (Thanks Clive :)) Not that I am complaining, please don't think that. They just seemed very interested at the beginning when we were there that it sounded promising... I understand that things come up and projects are dropped. But like it was stated earlier, it can always be dropped into someone's DropBox! :P Maybe one day we'll be able to get the feed and release it on the archive? (hint hint HTDA camp!)

Confession time, even though I had been working on artwork and website duties I have only just now got around to seeing the performance in its entirety. It's an incredible achievement by the film makers in the context of what this is and I might add truly immersive in its quality too, at one point I nearly forgot I was watching a Youtube video and felt like I was among the crowd! Concert footage at its very best. Thanks to the film makers for this I had a real blast watching for the first time of what is sure to be many more viewings.

It's been great to read everyone's initial reactions to the film. Although I had nothing really to do with editing the film and only threw the idea of filming the show in Chicago to TOIOU & recording it, I honestly did not expect this kind of quality. Initially, all I wanted to do was bring in like 4-5 Panasonic Lumix cameras!!! LOL. Again, this shows you that the NIN/HTDA fan community is the best out there... This is by far the best all audience produced live show recording out there. I will have to say that this is one of the highlights of my life that I will never forget. I have loved and appreciated music since I can remember.. Being able to record/film my favorite artist's band openly with a bunch of other tapers was such an honor. All I have ever wanted to do was share music with others. So I am really happy that others are enjoying the film.

Working on the torrent now, it should be ready by midday on Saturday. The file is just under 5GB and I don't think that the NIN Archive could handle (a thousand?) that many downloads of such a large file.

Again, enjoy all. Very cool to see this released.

hippygeek
07-25-2015, 08:15 AM

^ Much better than my first attempt at conveying the same information ;-) This is why I don't write press releases, heh.

hippygeek
07-25-2015, 08:18 AM
I honestly did not expect this kind of quality.

We did spend $3.5K renting cameras for this ;-)

ninlive
07-25-2015, 08:49 AM
We did spend $3.5K renting cameras for this ;-)

I meant for what I was planning before we rented the equipment. 5 point and shoot digital cameras vs. a few HVX200's doesn't really compare. Ha!

ninlive
07-25-2015, 12:59 PM
Here is the torrent file for the digital release: http://www.ninlive.com/downloads/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-H264.torrent

Enjoy!

sheepdean
07-25-2015, 01:12 PM
Here is the torrent file for the digital release: http://www.ninlive.com/downloads/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-H264.torrent

Enjoy!
Got a shareable link yet, or would you rather give it a slow start?

Throw_it_away9
07-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Hot dog! This looks amazing guys!

Loving it!

Got the torrent downloading now!

ninlive
07-25-2015, 01:50 PM
Got a shareable link yet, or would you rather give it a slow start?

You can link ninlive.com's main page as that is updated. Owinn is getting the minisite updated soon!

zaph1000
07-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing the result of your efforts.

I have added the torrent to my own seedbox and will keep it seeding there for a while to help spread the load.

Fadeout54321
07-25-2015, 08:24 PM
That was great! Thank you to all involved. Looking forward to a physical release for sure. And the audio was great! Thank you again!!!

witte
07-26-2015, 04:03 AM
Many thanks!

owinn
07-26-2015, 05:12 AM
Download links available at http://www.toiou.org/htda/
Get seeding

richardp
07-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh man, this is so great.

I can't believe this was 3 and a half years ago already. I watched it last night, and found myself on a few shots too.

Hats off to the team who made this. It came out fantastic!

Swykk
07-26-2015, 05:55 PM
The back of my head is in so many shots, haha. Sorry about that! Seriously, though, great job! Thanks so much for this.

owinn
07-28-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here is a cryptic manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl-ai9HuR60

BRoswell
07-28-2015, 03:26 PM
STAHP.

tenchar

otnavuskire
07-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Who's in charge of the TOIOU youtube account? It seems to have been hacked, as a bunch of videos about feeding babies were uploaded.

FernandoDante
07-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Who's in charge of the TOIOU youtube account? It seems to have been hacked, as a bunch of videos about feeding babies were uploaded.
Not sure about the new creative direction TOIOU is taking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBOeZdUawo

ninjaw
08-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Here are subtitles
http://ninfrance.free.fr/soustitre/gindex.html
a litlle help to fill the very few spoken lines would be awesome

Substance242
08-03-2015, 03:55 AM
The download version is amazing, even the sound, thank you people! :-) TOIOU rulez.

Wolfkiller
08-09-2015, 12:31 AM
Physical please!

sheepdean
08-26-2015, 06:23 PM
I saw Ally live tonight, after the show chatted and he said that he's seen the footage, and it was the first time he'd seen himself performing as HTDA. And that he's looking forward to the dvd!

Camille
08-28-2015, 02:11 PM
Thank you very much to everyone involved in bringing this to the fans!

ninlive
08-29-2015, 03:05 PM
I know some have been waiting for the audio release for this one.. Sorry it took so long. I have been very busy with other things in my life and finally had some time to work on the site. Here are the links for those wanting them.

HTDA [Chicago] Digital Audio Release:

FLAC 24 Bit: http://www.ninlive.com/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-Audio-2444.zip
FLAC 16 Bit: http://www.ninlive.com/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-Audio-1644.zip
MP3 320: http://www.ninlive.com/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-Audio-mp3320.zip

sheepdean
08-29-2015, 03:10 PM
I know some have been waiting for the audio release for this one.. Sorry it took so long. I have been very busy with other things in my life and finally had some time to work on the site. Here are the links for those wanting them.

FLAC 24 Bit: http://www.ninlive.com/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-Audio-2444.zip
FLAC 16 Bit: http://www.ninlive.com/htdachicago/HTDA-LiveInChicago-Audio-1644.zip
You da bomb

Tumnayar
09-01-2015, 05:35 PM
How long until the physical release? :)

hippygeek
09-13-2015, 03:08 PM
How long until the physical release? :) I've been all over the shop lately. Trying to get back on top of things. A lot depends on when the authoring's finished, and I need to finalize the design with owinn. How about we aim for end of October and see how that pans out :D

theimage13
09-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Man. Been on tour all summer, then straight out of the country after that. Haven't been looking at this board much. Hope this thing is still live and ready for downloading when I finally get back home!

ninlive
09-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Download should be working! If not, I will make it available.

theimage13
09-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Download should be working! If not, I will make it available.

Looks like I've got a couple seeders to latch onto, so hopefully I'll have this in a day or two (my ISP is complete shit and starts throttling me down to .25Mbps for a while after it realizes I'm torrenting something - and it's only a 5Mbps connection to begin with. This city sucks ass.)

Oop.Yarrz
10-11-2015, 01:45 PM
thanks so much for getting the audio up i cant wait for the dvd to be finished

neorev
10-27-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, did anyone get the 2nd pressing of "The Gift" on Blu-ray? I see the DVD is a digipack foldout, which looks wicked. How is the Blu-ray version printed? I have the original pressing in the regular DVD case, but would love to get a 2nd pressing. Is the Blu-ray in like a CD digipack?

sheepdean
12-04-2015, 06:23 AM
I've been all over the shop lately. Trying to get back on top of things. A lot depends on when the authoring's finished, and I need to finalize the design with owinn. How about we aim for end of October and see how that pans out :D
Got an ETA yet, or are we "soon"?

hippygeek
12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Got an ETA yet, or are we "soon"?
"Soon". Yeah, I dropped the ball. Long story short:being in love zaps my ability to concentrate (all my best work is when my personal life is in the shitter ;)

hippygeek
12-05-2015, 10:02 PM
Toi ou. Org

Too drunk to correct that, but that will help ;)

hippygeek
12-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Is the Blu-ray in like a CD digipack?
Yes. Incidentally, I'm down to < 10 of the single DVD, for those of you that haven't got one yet - toiou.org

Tumnayar
12-14-2015, 11:47 PM
Am I missing something? I can't see anything to purchase the HTDA physical format?

icklekitty
12-21-2015, 08:12 AM
They're talking about AVOTT: original gangster TOIOU

sheepdean
12-18-2016, 04:04 PM
Haven't checked in a year. Got a physical one yet? :P

DVYDRNS
12-18-2016, 06:42 PM
lol

ten characters.

patj825
03-23-2017, 09:25 AM

Thank you so much!

patj825
03-23-2017, 09:29 AM
The TOIOU/NLA release deserves its own thread.

http://toiou.org/htda/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdL_SOIQPE

July 22nd, 2015 – In 2012, Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails), Mariqueen Maandig-Reznor (West Indian Girl), Atticus Ross (12 Rounds), Alessandro Cortini (Sonoio) and Rob Sheridan formed How To Destroy Angels. Their debut album “Welcome Oblivion” was followed by 11 sold out shows of the United States - including two shows at Coachella – and demand for further performances, both in the US and overseas. Added to this innovative visuals from Moment Factory and a performance quickly described by the attendees as “exceptional”, the tour was documented to allow their global fan base a chance to experience the work of this supergroup on the stage.
Members of This One Is On Us (Another Version of the Truth, The Downward Spiral Live) and the Nine Inch Nails Live Archive subsequently sought to capture the performance through the eyes of fans using high definition equipment at the Vic Theatre in Chicago on 23rd April 2012. The footage was edited by fans globally (Detroit, London, Montreal, Australia) and what emerges today is HTDA [CHICAGO]. It is the only complete document of this rare production that was only performed 11 times in club-capacity venues. Available in multiple digital formats, to stream and download, for free. A physical release is being planned.

Sooooooo good.

Damage
03-11-2018, 03:04 AM
Sooooooo good.

I would LOVE a physical release!

G

Avarik
03-14-2018, 11:06 PM
Man real cool that HTDA played like 11 outstanding shows and never released any official footage or audio

I love how TR just ignores and drops projects that people will give him money for

I'm glad TOIOU put this together and all but this show really needs pro shot footage and soundboard. We all know it exists, so, WTF?

BRoswell
03-14-2018, 11:23 PM
I'm glad TOIOU put this together and all but this show really needs pro shot footage and soundboard.

If you want that, watch the Coachella show: http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2013/20130412.html

And while I would have loved a proper soundboard mix, the footage that was shot for the Chicago show is great.

Avarik
03-14-2018, 11:32 PM
If you want that, watch the Coachella show: http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2013/20130412.html

And while I would have loved a proper soundboard mix, the footage that was shot for the Chicago show is great.

The footage for Coachella was shit. The angles were off to the side all the time breaking the effect of the show. The audio is also shitty.

ninlive
07-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Ok all. So I am looking into doing a *small* physical release... I started running a poll on Twitter just to see what people were saying in regards to wanting one. There have been about 200 people who voted and around 88% so far said that they would want a copy. I think at this point, I do just a very limited run to begin with. Again, I want to stress that this would be an "all or nothing" run. I feel that doing a Kickstarter would be the best way to do it. From me shopping around, it looks to be about $12 for a blu-ray disc. This will include the shipping and will make sure that people around the world will be able to get it as well.

Here is what I have been shopping around for characteristics of the release:
1) Blu-Ray Digipak
2) Card Stock insert with credits
3) Velcro for digipak to stay closed
4) The obvious HTDA: Live In Chicago artwork on the digipak and Blu-Ray disc.
5) I will hand number all of the discs of this limited edition run. On the bottom right of the back.

This will have the Sigil of xx on the spine.

Like a handful of you, was always bummed we didn't do a small run of this. So I want to do it. Just for those who really want it. If there is more of a demand, I would do one more run down the line but also limited so that it would be a successful project. I guess if you have input on this, it's welcome.

otnavuskire
07-08-2018, 05:31 PM
Ok all. So I am looking into doing a *small* physical release... I started running a poll on Twitter just to see what people were saying in regards to wanting one. There have been about 200 people who voted and around 88% so far said that they would want a copy. I think at this point, I do just a very limited run to begin with. Again, I want to stress that this would be an "all or nothing" run. I feel that doing a Kickstarter would be the best way to do it. From me shopping around, it looks to be about $12 for a blu-ray disc. This will include the shipping and will make sure that people around the world will be able to get it as well.

1) Blu-Ray Digipak
5) I will hand number all of the discs of this limited edition run. On the bottom right of the back.

Like a handful of you, was always bummed we didn't do a small run of this. So I want to do it. Just for those who really want it. If there is more of a demand, I would do one more run down the line but also limited so that it would be a successful project. I guess if you have input on this, it's welcome.

Would this be allowed under Kickstarter's terms of use? I don't think they allow kickstarters for stuff that you don't own if it's unlicensed.

sheepdean
07-08-2018, 05:41 PM

1) Blu-Ray Digipak

I'm in. If KS doesn't jive (which it should) IndieGogo or Pledgemusic work too

pcpunk
07-08-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm down.

snichols
07-08-2018, 06:48 PM
count me in!

gorast
07-08-2018, 07:30 PM
I am so in.

Tumnayar
07-08-2018, 08:37 PM
yessss

ninlive
07-08-2018, 08:46 PM
We’ll see? I have to do a bit more research on it. But, we got the ok from the band to do this. I can talk to management of HTDA to see if we could get the green light on physical

Kyle
07-08-2018, 11:17 PM
I'm in. I don't twitter very much so is there somewhere I should go to get notified?

ninjaw
07-09-2018, 02:12 AM
How could it have the sigil number ??

zaps30
07-09-2018, 12:05 PM
I'd be down for a copy.

ninlive
07-09-2018, 02:40 PM
How could it have the sigil number ??

It won't. Just the xx. But I thought that would be a nice addition to it!

DVYDRNS
07-09-2018, 03:44 PM
if you do it. I could throw a quick remaster of the audio. I still hear things I'd like to change from when I did it the first time around...

Nellyrific
07-09-2018, 03:49 PM
I never knew this existed, I still kick myself for letting my Vegas HTDA tickets burn (I was terribly ill). I would definitely support this as well.

ninlive
07-09-2018, 04:42 PM
if you do it. I could throw a quick remaster of the audio. I still hear things I'd like to change from when I did it the first time around...

Ok! Let's try and get a group message with everyone to see what they think as well about re-tinkering with the audio! I think it sounds great how it is.

gorast
07-09-2018, 05:41 PM
It won't. Just the xx. But I thought that would be a nice addition to it!

I know it's almost certainly an overreach and not feasible at all, but it would be so cool if it was labeled as Sigil 5 and was officially acknowledged as being that. But having Sigil xx on the spine is a nice touch regardless.

DVYDRNS
07-09-2018, 08:29 PM
Ok! Let's try and get a group message with everyone to see what they think as well about re-tinkering with the audio! I think it sounds great how it is.

If everyone digs it then all good! No need to fix what aint broke.

laci
07-10-2018, 10:11 AM
I'm in. :)

muad'nin
07-11-2018, 04:03 AM
As am I!

Merriweather
07-11-2018, 02:36 PM
I'd be down for a copy.

TheBang
07-12-2018, 10:16 AM
Would this be allowed under Kickstarter's terms of use? I don't think they allow kickstarters for stuff that you don't own if it's unlicensed.

I'm in. If KS doesn't jive (which it should) IndieGogo or Pledgemusic work too
I don't think crowdfunding is appropriate or even necessary for this. You know about how many people are interested. Just do an initial proof to quality check and show people the product is ready to go. Then, put up an order page. Once you get enough orders, do the run.

I'm not sure who you've looked into for duplication, @ninlive (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141), but I did a quote here (https://www.discmakers.com/quoter/default.aspx) for a 200 disc run in Blu-ray case with artwork, and it came out to $870 delivered ($4.35 per disc).

ninlive
07-12-2018, 01:09 PM
I was thinking crowdfunding because I don't want to deal with extras and just do one run of discs. I also don't want people to be waiting for a sufficient amount for orders to come in. That could take some time. So people that do it earlier would be waiting longer and we all know (sorry) people can become impatient and that's why I just want to do one big run at once and why it would only happen if it was sufficiently funded. But I can see where you're coming from with just having the orders up for a week and any of the orders to that point will be accepted. With your quote you can have any amount, which the one I was looking at didn't have that option. Only in quantities of 100, 200 etc.

I didn't look at duplicating through them and I haven't had time to shop around. But even at $4.35/disc, shipping (depending on where you are) could be $6-12 which I feel a $12 total order would be suffice and would normalize out for people that are in the states to people ordering from overseas. It may seem illogical to some, but I don't have the necessary coding skills to make an order page and have all these options on the site. Hence, I just want to make it one click kind of deal.

Just to go full circle, this may be stupid for me to even try but I, again are open to suggestions if anyone wants to also help make this happen.

TheBang
07-13-2018, 12:23 PM
I get what you're saying. I think most crowdfunding sites would reject it though, because it doesn't meet the kind of criteria for a crowdfunding project. As for shopping/checkout page, there are plenty of e-commerce solutions out there that are available for free to do that kind of stuff (take orders, process payment, track fulfillment). If/when we get to that point, I can help you figure that out.

A proper shopping page would let you charge the appropriate amount for shipping, rather than a one-size fits all. Because the shipping costs are really quite significantly different, I don't think it's fair to have the domestic people subsidize the international postage. A Blu-ray weighs about 4 oz. For U.S. shipping, that's $2.66 for First-Class package. For international, the absolute cheapest shipping is First-Class Package International Service, which starts at $9.50-$13.30, depending on destination, for packages up to 8oz.

Hyperpower
07-25-2018, 04:01 PM

1) Blu-Ray Digipak

im in as well!

gamecat235
07-27-2018, 12:12 AM
In for 2. One for me, one for my brother, who went to Vegas with me to see them.

Oop.Yarrz
07-29-2018, 09:20 PM
I would get one for sure.

kargath
07-30-2018, 11:30 AM
Not sure how i missed this thread. I'd be in for one.

sonic_discord
07-30-2018, 05:11 PM
I'd throw down $12 for one of these, too.

tremolo
08-10-2018, 07:50 PM
I’m in for a copy!

Tumnayar
08-10-2018, 09:44 PM
How are we looking here?

Avarik
08-30-2018, 07:43 PM
I'll commit

Blackbookpress1984
09-08-2018, 11:43 AM
I'm 100% in.

ekrekel
09-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Lets do this

fragility3.1
09-14-2018, 02:28 PM
I'm just seeing this, but I'll definitely commit to a purchase. Was always sad there was no official release from this tour since I only got to see them in Pomona.

nmitchell86
09-20-2018, 04:25 PM
I'm in for a few copies!!!

ninlive
09-22-2018, 01:22 PM
School ramped up in the fall here, so my time is limited. But I am in the process of doing a trail batch to see the quality.

ninlive
02-15-2020, 02:56 PM
Well... Embarrassing, I never got around to doing that trial batch.

School is coming to an end. I've always wanted to see this project through and I *hopefully* will have some free time once I finish school at the end of the year. I want to gauge the interest in the release almost 5 years on. I have added a bluray request form on this page of the archive if you'd be interested in getting a copy. (LINK BELOW). I already have a good idea of what I would like and how I want to go about doing this and how the packaging will look. I honestly will only run a press of how many are interested. So I would suggest putting your email address in the request form.

SM Rollinger
02-15-2020, 03:44 PM
ninlive count me in on a physical copy

Tumnayar
02-15-2020, 07:44 PM
yes, I have been waiting :D

Swykk
02-16-2020, 09:05 AM
I signed up as interested.

nmitchell86
02-16-2020, 10:02 AM
I signed up with two diffrent emails addresses because I was reading inbetween the lines because I would want two copies.

xfocalinx
02-16-2020, 06:58 PM
Signed up! would love one! had a blast at this show, and always a sucker for physical copies!

Santos L Halper
02-17-2020, 09:48 AM
Signed up! I'd love a physical copy.

pcpunk
02-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Signed.

NIN64
09-07-2020, 08:14 PM
Any update?

Well... Embarrassing, I never got around to doing that trial batch.

School is coming to an end. I've always wanted to see this project through and I *hopefully* will have some free time once I finish school at the end of the year. I want to gauge the interest in the release almost 5 years on. I have added a bluray request form on this page of the archive if you'd be interested in getting a copy. (LINK BELOW). I already have a good idea of what I would like and how I want to go about doing this and how the packaging will look. I honestly will only run a press of how many are interested. So I would suggest putting your email address in the request form.

ninlive
09-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Any update?

COVID has kinda put a damper on a lot of my plans for 2020 (as for everyone). I still plan on doing this but I haven't started my job yet and graduating pretty soon (finally). Once I have a steady income, I'll be doing a test run. I haven't forgot. This year has just blown.

SM Rollinger
09-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Yeah it has. Still interested in a physical copy myself.

nmitchell86
01-26-2021, 07:47 PM
Just lining up... am I at the front of the virtual line?

DVYDRNS
03-25-2021, 06:40 PM
its been a long time... I wonder if it would be worth updating the audio mix... I dont know if I still have the files tho...

ekrekel
03-26-2021, 03:33 PM
I think I signed up previously, but not sure. The form expired. I'm certainly down for one whenever they come into existence.

Tumnayar
10-02-2022, 01:08 PM
COVID has kinda put a damper on a lot of my plans for 2020 (as for everyone). I still plan on doing this but I haven't started my job yet and graduating pretty soon (finally). Once I have a steady income, I'll be doing a test run. I haven't forgot. This year has just blown.

Any updates on this still happening?

Prick
10-10-2022, 07:58 PM

Gimmie

Tumnayar
12-10-2022, 12:57 AM
Gimmie

I suppose it's not happening then with no word :(

Prick
12-10-2022, 07:18 PM
I suppose it's not happening then with no word :(

I talked to him. Still wants to do it, just busy.

nmitchell86
06-26-2023, 11:09 PM
I still would like to have a nice physical copy of this...

NIN64
06-28-2023, 05:59 PM
I still would like to have a nice physical copy of this...
Me too…

paul_guyet
07-05-2023, 10:27 PM
I still would like to have a nice physical copy of this...This makes three of us!

Santos L Halper
07-06-2023, 07:30 PM
Count me in!

nmitchell86
08-25-2023, 10:16 PM
We passed the 10yr anniversary, what is it going to take to get this one released? Do we need a Kickstarter?

shagg_187
09-22-2023, 08:47 AM
I'm very tempted to help out with this project. Used to do a lot of blu-ray authoring and printing back in my haydays of videography. Will need to relearn some aspects but I was pretty good at it. I just don't have the equipment I used to have.

If @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) is okay with it, I would love to handle this project. Just need a few weeks to:

- Find a decent CD printer (my old teammate may have this)
- Find a decent Blu-ray burner (my old teammate may have this)
- Find time to work on this

I will provide realistic cost and project breakdown and breakeven point, but if I can get 30 - 50 people interested in this, I think I can breakeven easy.

shagg_187
09-23-2023, 12:36 AM
Update: I have contacted @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) to assist / lead on this project in any shape or form (pending response). Long story short: this will cost $9.09 per person + shipping.

Detailed message: following up on my promise of realistic cost and project breakdown and breakeven point... If I do everything from scratch:

Disc Printing Printer: - $148
DVD / Blu-ray Burner - $111
DVD / Blu-ray Authoring Software - $122
Elite Blu-ray/DVD Case - $37 for 50pc
Printable BD-R/DVD-R - $37 for 50pc

Total comes to $455. (Note: This cost goes down if I end up finding my old gear and in good condition, however I would still need to buy software as Adobe Encore, which I use for blu-ray Authoring, is no longer supported by new OS).

This will cost me $9.09 (lol) per person if 50 people are interested. Any less, and the cost goes up. Shipping not included (Roughly $15-$20 per person). Any time I invest in this project will be free; Pro Bono. Likely will take me 5 - 10 business days to start / finish this project. Aim is to make it as professional and brand-centric as possible.

So... @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141), I send you an email. Let me know if you need help rolling the ball. I am motivated to get my hands on a physical copy of your amazing work :)

TheBang
09-23-2023, 02:46 AM
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why not go with a professional duplicator, as opposed to the DIY at-home aesthetic? Just at a quick search, you could do 50 copies, screen printed discs in shrink-wrapped cases with full color wrap for $5 each:
https://www.quickturnduplication.com/pricing/blu-ray-printing-and-duplication

They can handle fulfillment also. All you have to do is provide the assets and the orders.

shagg_187
09-23-2023, 04:57 AM
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but why not go with a professional duplicator, as opposed to the DIY at-home aesthetic? Just at a quick search, you could do 50 copies, screen printed discs in shrink-wrapped cases with full color wrap for $5 each:
https://www.quickturnduplication.com/pricing/blu-ray-printing-and-duplication

They can handle fulfillment also. All you have to do is provide the assets and the orders.

Generally, duplication companies are picky with copyright material. That said, this looks like an AMAZING SERVICE.

I will request a quote.

trollmanen
09-27-2023, 11:07 PM
I'm interested, but I agree, it should be something on par with what the TOIOU project did with AVOTT, meaning something that looks like you could buy it in a store.

shagg_187
09-28-2023, 09:26 AM
I'm interested, but I agree, it should be something on par with what the TOIOU project did with AVOTT, meaning something that looks like you could buy it in a store.

100% will look like store bought with awesome artwork, great menu, and more.

I got an answer from quickturnduplication, and they are down to do it (thank you @TheBang (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=176) !). I requested an estimated quote from them for e.g. 25 Blu-ray and 25 DVDs, should get an answer shortly.

Another potential good news, my sister did not update her OSX in her laptop, meaning my copy of Adobe Encore will work on it, significantly reducing my overhead! I will drop by her place this weekend to test it out.

In the meanwhile, waiting on @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) to give his blessings (or collab, or even take over). Thank you all for being patient. My goal is to have this ready to go by Christmas this year.

Question: Do people prefer Blu-ray, or DVD, or both? Curious..

Fadeout54321
09-28-2023, 10:30 AM
Blu-ray for me! Appreciate the effort on this. Count me in for one for sure!!

ionosphere
09-28-2023, 01:58 PM
100% will look like store bought with awesome artwork, great menu, and more.

I got an answer from quickturnduplication, and they are down to do it (thank you @TheBang (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=176) !). I requested an estimated quote from them for e.g. 25 Blu-ray and 25 DVDs, should get an answer shortly.

Another potential good news, my sister did not update her OSX in her laptop, meaning my copy of Adobe Encore will work on it, significantly reducing my overhead! I will drop by her place this weekend to test it out.

In the meanwhile, waiting on @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) to give his blessings (or collab, or even take over). Thank you all for being patient. My goal is to have this ready to go by Christmas this year.

Question: Do people prefer Blu-ray, or DVD, or both? Curious..

Count me 100% in for Blu-Ray! Thank you for doing this....

snichols
09-28-2023, 09:26 PM
Ohhhh yes!

otnavuskire
09-29-2023, 04:47 AM
Are there still people that would actually want a DVD at this point? I'd definitely want a blu-ray and I'd imagine most other people would as well.

TheBang
09-29-2023, 05:26 AM
Are there still people that would actually want a DVD at this point? I'd definitely want a blu-ray and I'd imagine most other people would as well.
I agree. Plus, if you split it between formats, that's going to change your quantity pricing at the duplicator. 25 BDs is $9 each. 50 BDs is $5 each.

WorzelG
09-29-2023, 05:48 AM
Blu-ray for me too please

shagg_187
09-29-2023, 11:02 AM
I agree. Plus, if you split it between formats, that's going to change your quantity pricing at the duplicator. 25 BDs is $9 each. 50 BDs is $5 each.

Yep, it's why I am curious if anyone even wants DVD. I can spend more effort on Blu-ray version, and would ideally be cheaper to do.

So far, everyone is pro Blu-ray so that's good news.

Santos L Halper
09-29-2023, 11:36 AM
Blu-ray for me!

gorast
09-29-2023, 12:45 PM
Blu-ray does seem like the best option given the scope of this. Very much looking forward to how this pans out!

kargath
09-30-2023, 02:09 AM
I'd be in for a BD if it's the "pro" style route. Awesome that you want to take this on!

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

chuckrh
09-30-2023, 10:24 AM
Blu Ray please. Thanks for your efforts!

muad'nin
09-30-2023, 04:15 PM
Blu Ray, unquestionably. Thank you!

shagg_187
10-03-2023, 10:02 AM
Great news: I got Adobe Encore running on my system. I also found my old hard drive where I had After Effect and Encore templates saved for creating menus (not organized, will need to clean it up a bit). So my overhead cost is now ZERO DOLLARS!

It seems everyone unanimously wants Blu-ray, so I will stick to that.

I expect to have a first draft up and running by Sunday, October 8th (transferring data from HDD, and then organizing the menu, brush up on my After Effect skills, creating draft artwork for menu, transition themes, play with scene selections and possibly bonus features, and test out overall functionality).

Will share my details soon once I plan it all out. As always, I will try to stay as transparent as possible, and request help if I hit a roadblock.

Santos L Halper
10-03-2023, 11:41 AM
Great news: I got Adobe Encore running on my system. I also found my old hard drive where I had After Effect and Encore templates saved for creating menus (not organized, will need to clean it up a bit). So my overhead cost is now ZERO DOLLARS!

It seems everyone unanimously wants Blu-ray, so I will stick to that.

I expect to have a first draft up and running by Sunday, October 8th (transferring data from HDD, and then organizing the menu, brush up on my After Effect skills, creating draft artwork for menu, transition themes, play with scene selections and possibly bonus features, and test out overall functionality).

Will share my details soon once I plan it all out. As always, I will try to stay as transparent as possible, and request help if I hit a roadblock.

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

nmitchell86
10-03-2023, 01:23 PM
shagg_187 Count me for two Blui-Ray discs. Also, as a suggestion, you may want to let the guys on the Facebook collecting and trading group know. I bet some of them would want order copies as well.

SM Rollinger
10-03-2023, 02:11 PM
I'd sure like a copy

ajpeden
10-03-2023, 08:58 PM
I would be down for 5 BRD.

sick among the pure
10-03-2023, 09:06 PM
@shagg_187 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=298) Count me for two Blui-Ray discs. Also, as a suggestion, you may want to let the guys on the Facebook collecting and trading group know. I bet some of them would want order copies as well.

I may or may not have known to come check the thread because I saw the post there.
Oops. I’m sorry ETS I promise I still love you.

Also yes please +1 for physical

Callahan
10-03-2023, 09:31 PM
I’ll take 2 Blu Ray copies!

Cubeecraft
10-03-2023, 09:42 PM
I'd be down for one blu ray and one dvd.

nmitchell86
10-03-2023, 10:14 PM
I'd be down for one blu ray and one dvd.

Had to ask for the DVD, lol... ok so I'm already down for two Blurays, IF shagg_187 makes DVDs, I'll get one of those as well.

xfocalinx
10-03-2023, 10:49 PM
Count me in for a bluray! Stoked!

Tumnayar
10-03-2023, 10:53 PM
Been waiting for this, Blu-rayyyyyyyyy

ninlive
10-03-2023, 11:00 PM
Long story short, the quality will suffer with the file you have authoring it to blu ray. I’m going to ramble later. But if you want to do it, I can’t stop you.

All_The_Spoils
10-03-2023, 11:02 PM
BAD ASS! That show is amazing! XD Please please please count me in for two blu-rays and two normal DVDS! (Have a buddy..)

nmitchell86
10-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Long story short, the quality will suffer with the file you have authoring it to blu ray. I’m going to ramble later. But if you want to do it, I can’t stop you.

Do you have a master file for the homie?

broken_spiral
10-03-2023, 11:13 PM
I would be in for 2 Blu-Ray

xfocalinx
10-03-2023, 11:27 PM
Also double excited for this as I was at this show, 2nd row!

nowimnothing
10-03-2023, 11:30 PM
1x bluray for me too please

shagg_187
10-04-2023, 01:21 AM

Hey dude! DM-ed you.

MAD
10-04-2023, 01:45 AM
I would love a blu-ray as well, of course!

sheepdean
10-04-2023, 05:34 AM
Blu ray babyyyyy

Fadeout54321
10-04-2023, 06:16 AM

Based on this advice I change from Blu-Ray to DVD! I think we probably all want this to be the best quality possible. I will leave the format choice to the experts as I am definitely not one and if in the end whatever has been decided I will be happy with.

otnavuskire
10-04-2023, 06:24 AM
I'm curious what ninlive will have to say when he rambles later, but based on that message, I say wait until he's able to send the appropriate files over. No point in doing a sub par release of this.

NIN64
10-04-2023, 06:47 AM
I want this Blu-ray desperately…

Arcspiral
10-04-2023, 08:31 AM
Count me in for a Blu-Ray please!

shagg_187
10-04-2023, 09:54 AM
Did I say I will have a first draft ready by Sunday? Silly me.

First draft is ready. I spend all night working on it, I hope it wont disappoint. Will create ISO file tonight, and play with it. Will even happily share the file to a select few to test out (if you got a bluray burner, pls DM me) once I am happy with it.

Of course, knowing @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) has great insight, I will not make final decisions without his seal of approval. This is his baby, I am merely babysitting it.

If there is a higher quality master file, I will replace it (or share my authoring file with @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141)).

Second draft: I will add subtitles, improve the UI, and aim to have a stellar copy ready. Second draft will be done by Sunday, October 8th.

One issue: my laptop cannot handle the craziness of the files, and occasionally crashes due to overheating. Creating ISO may take a few revisions if that's the case. Might move project to a desktop...

Oh and I will also create a DVD file if possible (no guarantees but I don't think it'll be complicated).

ninlive
10-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Ok, so here are some thoughts from me. This may go all over the board. But @shagg_187 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=298) I never received an email from you and I just checked my PMs here. So I had no idea you were arranging something like this until this morning.

Yeah, I'd still like to get this off the ground. But I'd also like to get the archive to a database site. I am currently working on confirming all the datapoints that are correct before moving forward. As well as a new site redesign. So that has been taking up a lot of my time and why there haven't been much in terms of updates from me on any front...

Now, for this release. It's been somewhat frustrating for me because:

1) Never received the board feed and many years ago ruled that out. It will never happen, everyone has moved on.

2) No one will respond from the TOIOU group who edited this about who has the master file. If anyone actually does. It absolutely baffles me. I was never sent it. So all I have is what I have now from the digital release. No one knows who has the login for the YouTube page too. It's just a mess. I still have all the raw angles. But was never given the final edit in some raw form. The h.265 file you have is nice.... for distributing digitally. It's still compressed a ton, but still keeps decent quality for digital release. Honestly, I wouldn't want a physical release to stem from that. I am very disappointed how disorganized TOIOU can be at times with stuff like this.

3) There are already menus/graphics made. They are really cool. I am sorry that you put a lot of work in to it. I'd love to see what you have done and maybe we scrap the ones we have made already. The one rate limiting step that I have from this is that I don't have any packaging. Owen Winn, who did some of the art, has fallen off the face of the earth. I have exhausted all avenues to contact him. I wanted to keep the continuity of artwork with the packaging. I can still message my good friend, Rob M. (not Sheridan) to see if he has any interest in working on new artwork for this. But I know he is very busy on his own art projects he has going on.

4) I've already have some extra packaging made whenever I was going to get this done.

To conclude, you can do what you want. But I would advise to not proceed with the pressing of this. Just because there was a lot of work involved in order to even make this film, the file in which you are using is inferior and not the quality I'd like to see copied onto media and I'd like to make sure I have exhausted all options. Plus I already have some of the additional packaging made. I'd be pretty bummed not to be able to finish what I started. I hope you don't feel as if I am gatekeeping this release. I think there have been other things going on that made me stop thinking about this.

Tell you what, I'll make some emails today and circle back with any updates I can find. Sadly, the TOIOU Google Group has been deleted and I wish I could go back through and see who may have the master files. But that would be where I need to start.

I'm curious what ninlive will have to say when he rambles later, but based on that message, I say wait until he's able to send the appropriate files over. No point in doing a sub par release of this.

I don't think I've ever released something that I've done myself that is sub par. So this checks out. I wouldn't want this to be the first.

otnavuskire
10-04-2023, 01:28 PM
That's a real bummer that the uncompressed files aren't available. I agree that it doesn't seem worth proceeding with inferior quality files.

Suedehead
10-04-2023, 01:30 PM
Hey hey, count me in. Who do I give the Bux to?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

shagg_187
10-04-2023, 01:37 PM
Thank you for the kind feedback, @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141). I send an email to info@ninlive , probably the wires got disconnected somewhere. I am glad you took time to respond to this. I am also glad there is a lot of legwork already done!

Unfortunate to hear about the missing files. Hopefully our enthusiasm gave you and others who worked so hard on this a reason to not abandon this project. This is truly a treasure and needs the best possible release.

Thanks again for pursuing this for so long. Hopefully you get your answers soon.

TheBang
10-04-2023, 01:37 PM
First draft is ready. I spend all night working on it, I hope it wont disappoint. Will create ISO file tonight, and play with it. Will even happily share the file to a select few to test out (if you got a bluray burner, pls DM me) once I am happy with it.
Oh yeah, echoing what ninlive said, I definitely don't recommend going forward with the web file as the source. I thought you were going to do everything but insert the main feature, since the 4.6GB file is clearly not suitable for blu-ray authoring. I didn't realize that ninlive doesn't have the master editing file either though.

nmitchell86
10-04-2023, 02:00 PM
Man, I was so excited about this. Thought... could AI be used to "raise" the quality of the video file for a physical release?

shagg_187
10-04-2023, 02:04 PM
Man, I was so excited about this. Thought... could AI be used to "raise" the quality of the video file for a physical release?

You can use Topaz Labs to get really good results, but it's $300, and nothing beats original source file. Hopefully ninlive can get the folks who have it.

https://www.topazlabs.com/topaz-video-ai

ninlive
10-04-2023, 03:58 PM
Thank you for the kind feedback, @ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141). I send an email to info@ninlive , probably the wires got disconnected somewhere. I am glad you took time to respond to this. I am also glad there is a lot of legwork already done!

Unfortunate to hear about the missing files. Hopefully our enthusiasm gave you and others who worked so hard on this a reason to not abandon this project. This is truly a treasure and needs the best possible release.

Thanks again for pursuing this for so long. Hopefully you get your answers soon.

I have sent out emails to all parties that may be able to help with the footage. Y'all may remember Torgo (Alex) and I have had no luck getting in contact with her.

I have always been enthusiastic about the release of this. Mind you, it took two years for everyone to edit this footage. Looking back, I could have probably done more of this in order to get it done quicker. I'm not here to gripe though, it is what it is and we definitely were holding out because management/Rob told me on numerous occasions that a board mix was coming. It was 10 years ago, I still cringe how dumb I was. Ha!

You can use Topaz Labs to get really good results, but it's $300, and nothing beats original source file. Hopefully ninlive can get the folks who have it.

https://www.topazlabs.com/topaz-video-ai

I have used this on other videos and edits that have been done in the past. The best way to achieve really good results is having uncompressed, raw video files in order to work from.

fillow
10-04-2023, 04:04 PM
I have sent out emails to all parties that may be able to help with the footage. Y'all may remember Torgo (Alex) and I have had no luck getting in contact with her.

A couple years ago I was talking with @Ash512 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=452) about a possible project with some unused TOIOU footage (that never took off because of my lack of time), and it seems that he's still lurking here from time to time. Maybe he can help?

nmitchell86
10-04-2023, 07:20 PM
Thought... New direction on the video. Maybe a compressed file isn't so bad. Maybe use that and go in a art glitch video style like what Rob was doing for all the art work? Like grainey analog glitches and artifacts? Think, art house music video meets concert video? Idk, just a thought.

ninlive
10-04-2023, 07:22 PM
Thought... New direction on the video. Maybe a compressed file isn't so bad. Maybe use that and go in a art glitch video style like what Rob was doing for all the art work? Like grainey analog glitches and artifacts? Think, art house music video meets concert video? Idk, just a thought.

It's like watching a cell phone video from 2005 on an HDTV. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone and would be sad to see the film presented in that fashion.

Avarik
10-04-2023, 10:15 PM
Can someone @RobSheridan for the soundboard? He's active on Patreon and social media and it would be relevant to his interests to have this completed in best possible quality. Maybe he can convince his friend to seed0 it.

TheBang
10-04-2023, 10:28 PM
Can someone @RobSheridan for the soundboard? He's active on Patreon and social media and it would be relevant to his interests to have this completed in best possible quality. Maybe he can convince his friend to seed0 it.
Please don't bother him with stuff like this. He has no involvement in the band(s) anymore or ability to release anything like this. This is entirely within the purview of management about whether to provide it or not, and they have failed to follow through.

ninlive
10-05-2023, 08:27 AM

Yes, please don’t. This came from management. Not Rob.

I am also very happy with the aud mix we have for the release anyways.

Ash512
10-11-2023, 03:31 PM
Hey there guys!

Ryan reached out by mail, I replied a couple of days ago.
I don't have the master file, I'm not sure I ever had it because I don't think I did the color grading final outputs for those. But what I do have is the full drive with all the original footage and original Final Cut Pro 7 projects (which can't be opened on current OS). I'm sure some of you guys could figure out how to open the project and reexport everything. I'll also try to see if someone with a FCP 7 workstation somewhere could open the project and export and XML timeline that could be imported in modern softwares.

I also have the full drives for all TOIOU projects (TDS Live, AVOTT The Gift and Vegas). I do have the ProRes masters for those. Some kind of restoration could be done, especially with AVOTT The Gift which could use an entirely new color grade that don't over contrast everything. At some point, I think it'd be good to backup all of those and send a few copies out for archiving.

Ash512
10-12-2023, 07:29 PM
So uhh... guess this is happening now.
https://imgur.com/a/z8L3KaS

​https://i.imgur.com/xVH8q3B.png

Got someone to convert that old FCP 7 project file, and now I can open it and reexport a brand new master.
You're welcome!

otnavuskire
10-12-2023, 07:30 PM
So uhh... guess this is happening now.

​https://i.imgur.com/xVH8q3B.png

Got someone to convert that old FCP 7 project file, and now I can open it and reexport a brand new master.
You're welcome!

Awesome news!

nmitchell86
10-12-2023, 11:27 PM
Ash512 hero

ninlive
10-13-2023, 08:18 AM
Ash512 Thank you for the legwork getting all this going again. I’d love to archive this stuff. I’d add this stuff to my Seedbox for the archive.

Here are things that are needed now… because it’s a new export, and I don’t have the animations for the intro and credits, we will
Need to recreate them. Also need the HTDA Audio mix again. DVYDRNS

shagg_187
10-13-2023, 11:27 AM
Ball rolling? Let's fucking go!!

@ninlive (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) might need to reopen the sign-up sheet again.

DVYDRNS
10-13-2023, 10:05 PM
@Ash512 (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=452) Thank you for the legwork getting all this going again. I’d love to archive this stuff. I’d add this stuff to my Seedbox for the archive.

Here are things that are needed now… because it’s a new export, and I don’t have the animations for the intro and credits, we will
Need to recreate them. Also need the HTDA Audio mix again. @DVYDRNS (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=132)

I MAY have the audio mix on an old raid drive.. it's in storage. the audio final used should be in the project file tho. shoot me an email to discuss. I also may be able to assist migrating from FC7 to something newer like resolve.

dp@davypelletier.com

Avarik
10-14-2023, 12:02 AM
Hey there guys!

Ryan reached out by mail, I replied a couple of days ago.
I don't have the master file, I'm not sure I ever had it because I don't think I did the color grading final outputs for those. But what I do have is the full drive with all the original footage and original Final Cut Pro 7 projects (which can't be opened on current OS). I'm sure some of you guys could figure out how to open the project and reexport everything. I'll also try to see if someone with a FCP 7 workstation somewhere could open the project and export and XML timeline that could be imported in modern softwares.

I also have the full drives for all TOIOU projects (TDS Live, AVOTT The Gift and Vegas). I do have the ProRes masters for those. Some kind of restoration could be done, especially with AVOTT The Gift which could use an entirely new color grade that don't over contrast everything. At some point, I think it'd be good to backup all of those and send a few copies out for archiving.

AVOTT re-color? Yes please. Release was too punchy.

nmitchell86
10-24-2023, 10:27 PM
Any updates?

ninlive
11-21-2023, 02:38 PM
Update: Still giving a few people some time to respond if they want to dig up their art/recreate some new art for this.

I have sent a hard drive to Ash in order to get all of the files and get it all initialized.

nmitchell86
01-17-2024, 10:16 PM
Soooo..... any up dates?