PDA

View Full Version : 2013.08.28 - Milan, IT @ Mediolanum Forum

arsenic
04-30-2013, 05:02 AM
http://www.mediolanumforum.it/img/public/nin_200x500.jpghttp://media.livenationinternational.com/lincsmedia/Media/i/l/t/b1c98d56-3210-150e-0cea-15a7aabe2137.jpg

Tickets on sale here:

http://www.ticketone.it/biglietti-nine-inch-nails-tomahawk-assago.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=967384%242937719&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=462013
http://www.livenation.it/artist/nine-inch-nails-tickets

Facebook page by NIN News Italia:
https://www.facebook.com/events/365370366916886/

Facebook page by ticketone.it:
https://www.facebook.com/events/163595813807365/

slave2thewage
04-30-2013, 09:07 AM
If there's nin.com tickets, I'll consider going. If not, no. Italian concert organisation is notoriously chaotic.

witte
04-30-2013, 04:09 PM
NIN venue gig: VERY ATTRACTIVE! They play a longer set.
I'm considering it. I can get a plane 5 min from my home.
Got the fever..

Venue capacity = 11000. Not a little too much?

laci
05-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Very expensive plane tickets. I don't know...
Would be nice to see them there, Milan is a beautiful city.
It also would be nice to see you again, Paul. :)

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
05-01-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm going. Tomahawk supporting, long NIN set... fuck it, I'm going :)

witte
05-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Now it becomes interesting! :rolleyes:

arsenic
05-02-2013, 05:04 AM
tickets are now available on ticketone.it
I've just bought one

Ticket price: 40€
Shipping to Switzerland, fees and whatever: 38.77€
Total 78.77€

witte
05-02-2013, 07:33 AM
€39 fee?
Pre sale starts tomorrow, how did you manage to get a ticket. by phoning them?
I just registered myself at the site.
I assume it's possible to choose for digital internet tickets you can print out at home....

As I can see now, I'm planning to go. My son maybe too ;) Maybe a few friends too?

laci
05-02-2013, 07:44 AM
^
Yes! Me and Attila will be there for sure. It seems my girlfriend will join us.

arsenic
05-02-2013, 08:11 AM
€39 fee?Pre sale starts tomorrow, how did you manage to get a ticket. by phoning them?I just registered myself at the site.I assume it's possible to choose for digital internet tickets you can print out at home....As I can see now, I'm planning to go. My son maybe too ;) Maybe a few friends too?An Italian user wrote me on nin.com forum to say that for some weird reason tickets were already available on ticketone.it and I didn't hesitate to buy one.Shortly after I posted the message on ETS, they quickly removed the tickets from sale.From what I can remember, print at home was not available at the time, although I could have spared a few bucks by selecting the option to pick the ticket up before the show. But I decided not to risk and i went for the postal service instead.Yeah, 39€ fee, that's almost the cost of the ticket itself.

EDIT: they've now changed back the terms and conditions (http://www.ticketone.it/tservice.dll?affiliate=ITT&fun=thelpcontent&doc=feature/helpContact/details&hilfeid=7487) regarding shipping costs. I yet have to receive an answer about why I paid 7 euros more.

But wait, there is more.It was clearly written on their website that shipping cost to Switzerland, USA and Canada were 22.99 euro but I was charged 29.99. I immediately wrote to the customer service asking for a refund for the difference and I yet have to receive an answer. In the meantime, they changed the terms and conditions now saying that "the final price will be individually calculated while going through the check out". That's a perfect example about how Italy works. TBH, I'm already disgusted and I yet have to receive the physical ticket.(By the way, you can still see the page with the original shipping prices in the google's cache.)

witte
05-02-2013, 09:10 AM
^Yes! Me and Attila will be there for sure. It seems my girlfriend will join us.
Now I'm going for sure.
Not because of you, not because of Attila, but.....because of your girlfriend ;)

From what I can remember, print at home was not available at the time, although I could have spared a few bucks by selecting the option to pick the ticket up before the show. But I decided not to risk and i went for the postal service instead.

INFORMAZIONI SUL RITIRO PRESSO IL LUOGO DELL'EVENTO
Il Ritiro sul luogo dell'evento è possibile solo il giorno dell'evento all'apertura delle casse, normalmente da 1 ora prima dello spettacolo e sino all'inizio dello stesso.I documenti necessari per il ritiro sono i seguenti:- documento di identità- e-mail di conferma inviata da TicketOne oppure ID ordine per gli acquisti effettuati tramite Call Center; - in caso di ritiro da parte di terzi: delega scritta da parte dell’intestatario dell’ordine, fotocopia del documento di identità dell’intestatario dell’ordine, documento di identità della persona delegata e e-mail di conferma inviata da TicketOne oppure ID ordine per gli acquisti effettuati tramite Call CenterPer garantire un adeguato servizio di consegna dei biglietti consigliamo a tutti gli utenti di anticipare il ritiro del proprio biglietto e di non attendere l'approssimarsi dell'inizio del concerto poiché in tal caso potrebbero verificarsi code e ritardi non attribuibili alla nostra gestione.Si ricorda che tutti i prodotti selezionati possono essere ordinati contemporaneamente solo scegliendo un'unica modalità di spedizione. Ad esempio, un evento disponibile solo con Spedizione tramite Corriere Espresso non può essere acquistato all'interno dello stesso ordine con un evento per il quale è previsto solo il Ritiro sul luogo dell'evento.

Can someone translate this?
I understand it's a sort of 'will call', just interested in the extra details.
Thnx

It's the same company as for example Eventim.de. As dutchman I ordered several time tickets using their website, the same story (extreme high fees). Thanks to Livenation: they have the power to do that (monopoly position).You pay also €5 for the service. And I think €5 per ticket.Nothing new to me.That's why I'm considering the 'will call' option.

VVV

dominik
05-02-2013, 11:00 AM
over 20 euros shipping costs? are you kidding me?

arsenic
05-02-2013, 11:28 AM
INFORMAZIONI SUL RITIRO PRESSO IL LUOGO DELL'EVENTO

Il Ritiro sul luogo dell'evento è possibile solo il giorno dell'evento all'apertura delle casse, normalmente da 1 ora prima dello spettacolo e sino all'inizio dello stesso.
I documenti necessari per il ritiro sono i seguenti:

- documento di identità
- e-mail di conferma inviata da TicketOne oppure ID ordine per gli acquisti effettuati tramite Call Center;
- in caso di ritiro da parte di terzi: delega scritta da parte dell’intestatario dell’ordine, fotocopia del documento di identità dell’intestatario dell’ordine, documento di identità della persona delegata e e-mail di conferma inviata da TicketOne oppure ID ordine per gli acquisti effettuati tramite Call Center

Per garantire un adeguato servizio di consegna dei biglietti consigliamo a tutti gli utenti di anticipare il ritiro del proprio biglietto e di non attendere l'approssimarsi dell'inizio del concerto poiché in tal caso potrebbero verificarsi code e ritardi non attribuibili alla nostra gestione.
Si ricorda che tutti i prodotti selezionati possono essere ordinati contemporaneamente solo scegliendo un'unica modalità di spedizione. Ad esempio, un evento disponibile solo con Spedizione tramite Corriere Espresso non può essere acquistato all'interno dello stesso ordine con un evento per il quale è previsto solo il Ritiro sul luogo dell'evento.

Can someone translate this?

Very briefly: those are details about picking up the ticket the day of the show.

You'll need:
1) ID card
2) confirmation email previously sent by TicketOne (or order ID - if you placed your order trough the call center).
3) in case someone else is picking up the ticket for you, he/she'll need a written confirmation from you (who placed the order), together with a printed copy of your ID as well as his/her personal ID. Additionally, you'll need what described in point 2).

They also say to buy the ticket a considerable amount time before the show, as there might be queues or delays. All the selected products can be ordered simultaneously only when choosing a single shipping method. For instance, an event which is only available with the "express shipping" method cannot be selected along with another event which only has "pick up directly at the venue" and no other shipping options.

Feel free to ask me if something is not clear enough ;)

edit - I forgot: The pick up starts one hour before the show (let's say 7PM) and it will be possible to pick up tickets until the show starts (let's say 8PM).

witte
05-03-2013, 03:49 AM
Gentile Paul .......,

TicketOne ha il piacere di fornirLe il dettaglio dell'ordine da Lei eseguito con successo sul sito www.TicketOne.it (http://www.TicketOne.it) il 03/05/13 . Il Suo ID Ordine è: xxxxxxxxx

:p

We will stay in Milan for 4 days (short holiday).

There are 'parterre' tickets and first ring (B section) tickets. The last ones are more expensive.

kitz
05-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Checked the prices and it's too expensive for a gig and I've already booked everything for my summer holiday. A few days in Italy in the burning sun? no way.
(they should have chosen a scandinavian date tho...)

next year... next year...

dzn
05-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Got the ticket (parterre).Can't wait for my 7th NIN gig. Really happy this is not in a Festival!!!!!

FB event: http://www.facebook.com/events/365370366916886
created by: NIN italian Community
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nine-Inch-Nails-News-Italia/276475495741541

icklekitty
05-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Checked the prices and it's too expensive for a gig and I've already booked everything for my summer holiday. A few days in Italy in the burning sun? no way.
(they should have chosen a scandinavian date tho...)

next year... next year...

To right. I was there at the same time a couple of years ago. Talk about turning into a sweatball the second you leave your hotel!

bowler_hat
05-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Is anyone else from the UK thinking of going to this? The only arena show in the European leg looks like too good an opportunity to miss. Flights from Heathrow look like being around £180 return. If I do go, it'll be fly out on the Wednesday and fly back on the Thursday. Anyone else up for it?

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
05-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Bought the plane ticket... I'm psyched, really can't wait to meet you all there and have some fun again.

Pilgrim
05-06-2013, 06:28 AM
just bought my ticket, can't wait after 4 long years...
For all the foreigners, the venue is not that good and just outside milan but it is well served by the undergound.
Don't buy the tickets with shipping fares, it is useless and expensive, just buy them online and choose to pick them up at the venue on the same day.

witte
05-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I did the 'will call' option indeed.
Yes, I saw that there's a metro nearby.
But, what do you mean with 'the venue is not that good'?

Pilgrim
05-07-2013, 06:07 AM
oh it's just for the sound, but it's basically all the same in the milan area anyway, we don't have good venues. It's a sport arena, so not perfect for music, but ok.
Anyway I'm quite surprised NIN can handle a 10k/15k people venue in Italy, last time I checked they weren't this popular here.

witte
05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
The parterre and only the first row is available, which should reduce the capacity (?)

bowler_hat
05-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Ticket purchased, hotel booked. Flights to sort next.

Anyone else from the UK going?

laci
05-14-2013, 03:31 AM
Flight booked, finally.

What kind of accomodation did you choose, guys?
I think I need a little help to find a good one, so much to choose from. :)

bowler_hat
05-14-2013, 06:52 AM
I'm staying at The Royal Garden. It cost about 140 euros for the night but is in easy walking distance of the venue. I've tried to make my trip as easy as possible!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/royalgarden.en-gb.html?aid=314919;label=datchforum-YePFd0mNp7QvWvjiomCUnQS23871032714%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1% 3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=fd289f11747cb2d3605c78 8bb6e27ae0;dcid=1

red_erik
05-28-2013, 11:37 AM
According to the site, standing tickets are unavailable already?

Is anybody from Croatia going to this show?
if so, have you bought tickets already, and if you did, where, how, andfor how much? :)

NewConsciousness
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Ah now I check this post, I forked out the extra like €39 for the shipping fee just wanted to have my tickets in my hand before I go!!

NewConsciousness
06-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Well I'm from Ireland, ordered my ticket and booked my flight...just counting down the days...

Emil Dorbell
06-11-2013, 03:39 AM
Aaaand there we go! Tickets ordered. I was aiming for a US date this time around (wanted to see all those cool screens and whatnot) but it was a hard sell for potential friends or family that I could've got to go with me. Italy on the other hand... Italy and Sweden are pretty close in comparison. Also: Direct flights!

Nice to see so many ETSers going :) I might not have a high post count but I've been hanging around these forums since... pretty much forever.

Fist Fuck
06-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Hey, I just registered again after just lurking for the past years. I'm going. It was a little hard finding a ticket place, the one link on nin.com says tickets are not available...

Anyway, super excited for this as it's the first non-festival show of the whole tour! Where's everyone staying at? Maybe we can meet up and have a drink or something after the show, I'll just have to find a hotel for my friends and myself.

Emil Dorbell
06-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Hey, I just registered again after just lurking for the past years. I'm going. It was a little hard finding a ticket place, the one link on nin.com says tickets are not available...

Anyway, super excited for this as it's the first non-festival show of the whole tour! Where's everyone staying at? Maybe we can meet up and have a drink or something after the show, I'll just have to find a hotel for my friends and myself.

I'm trying to find a nice place smack in the middle of Milan. I heard that's probably where you'd want to stay... But what do I know, I've never been there before :) Oh, and I might be down for a drink or two.

Fist Fuck
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM
I've been to Milan but never at this venue. We're probably gonna look for a hotel close to the Mediolanum.

I still wonder how many tickets they'll sell, the venue is huge. First and only solo show though, so that should attract a bunch of people.

Emil Dorbell
06-24-2013, 06:03 AM
First and only solo show though, so that should attract a bunch of people.

Yes, it is the only arena show in Europe... Should be a few more NIN fans except for us ETSers posting here who'd come over for that.

On another note. To any residents and/or people familiar with Milan: What should I see? What should I do? What's a nice place to stroll / get a coffee / eat good italian food? I'll be there tuesday-saturday.

icklekitty
06-24-2013, 08:08 AM
The Belfast show is also a NIN show - technically part of a festival, but it's a series of gigs rather than a traditional festival. So NIN are playing a 5000-capacity venue.

Scarlet Siren
06-24-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm contemplating attending this... depending on a few factors. It's tempting.

Emil Dorbell
06-24-2013, 08:22 AM
The Belfast show is also a NIN show - technically part of a festival, but it's a series of gigs rather than a traditional festival. So NIN are playing a 5000-capacity venue.

That's interesting... I like that setup, extending it over many days, giving each band a full set. I guess a few of the European festivals will allow a longer set as well. At least in the headliner slot.

dominik
06-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Isn't it sold out already?

Cecil
07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Does anyone happen to have a spare ticket?
I was originally heading to Leeds and Reading, but my travel plans haven't worked out (I'm from Australia), so instead heading to this gig.
I see that you can buy seats (although I think not great ones??) still on Live Nation, but would prefer standing obviously.
Viagogo has some for not much more than cost, would it be fine to buy these from Italy? I know scams are fairly rare at home, but not sure if that's the case here.

Fist Fuck
07-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel that's close to the venue? I've been thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel nearby, it's fairly close but I'm not so sure if it has a good connection to the metro etc.

laci
07-18-2013, 05:15 AM
On another note. To any residents and/or people familiar with Milan: What should I see? What should I do? What's a nice place to stroll / get a coffee / eat good italian food? I'll be there tuesday-saturday.

We'll be there (from Hungary) from Wednesday until Saturday and I am interested in sightseeing ideas too. :)

Eatme Feedme
07-19-2013, 08:01 AM
It seems that Parterre tickets are no longer available so I bought Sector B, but I'd really love to be in the front of the stage. Does anyone know is there a possibility to get to Parterre with Sector ticket? :)

Pilgrim
07-24-2013, 06:13 AM
There are three hotels really close to the venue, Royal Garden, H2c and NH Milanofiori. From Royal Garden is a 5 minute walk, 10/15 minutes from the other two. I don't reccomend the Holiday Inn as it is not easy to go by foot to the Forum, and it's also on the other side of the highway, definitley not the best choice.
Otherwise if you pick any hotel in Milan, southern area, it will be very easy to reach the venue with the green line (M2) underground, Assago Milanofiori station.

Almost one month to go!

Fist Fuck
07-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Anyone recording this show? I'm guessing this will be quite a special show since it's the only solo show of the summer tour (expect for Belfast, but even that one is part of a festival). I don't have any recording equipment...

Thanks for the info, Pilgrim. I already booked a room at the Holiday Inn though, but it can't be that bad. I hope. Maybe I'll check if there's a room available in one of the other ones you mentioned. Royal Garden is a little expensive though.

Emil Dorbell
07-30-2013, 01:23 AM
I'm guessing this will be quite a special show

Let's hope so :)

Scarlet Siren
07-30-2013, 05:28 AM
I see that this has sold out but if I was thinking about going to this, where would I go for tickets (resale)? Or has anyone got a spare *flutters lashes*

It's just, I've come in to some money, enough to pay for this trip from Edinburgh and I just wanted to know what my options are :)

bowler_hat
07-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Sorry no spare here. The only place I can think is http://www.viagogo.co.uk/Concert-Tickets/Hard-Rock-Metal/Nine-Inch-Nails-Tickets/E-542156 and I don't like the look of the price of GA tickets.

icklekitty
07-30-2013, 06:45 AM
^^They're scalpers

Scarlet Siren
07-30-2013, 09:19 AM
I could always take a chance, book a flight (before they get more expensive) and hope and pray for a ticket on the day at the venue. Admittedly, this would't be the first time I've done this. Worked out BEAUTIFULLY!

Fist Fuck
07-30-2013, 06:12 PM
I see that this has sold out but if I was thinking about going to this, where would I go for tickets (resale)? Or has anyone got a spare *flutters lashes*

It's just, I've come in to some money, enough to pay for this trip from Edinburgh and I just wanted to know what my options are :)

Sold out as in...completely sold out? Wow... The Mediolanum Forum is huge from what I've seen. Good luck with finding tickets. Should any of my friends cancel, I'd be happy to hand one to you.

Emil Dorbell
07-31-2013, 02:10 AM
Sold out as in...completely sold out? Wow... The Mediolanum Forum is huge from what I've seen. Good luck with finding tickets. Should any of my friends cancel, I'd be happy to hand one to you.

Well, it seemed you could only buy floor tickets or seats directly behind the floor, not sure if they close off the rest of the seats or something?

Scarlet Siren
07-31-2013, 03:32 AM

I may have slightly exaggerated there! You're kind, thank you :D (though I hope none of your friends will cancel!)

Well, it seemed you could only buy floor tickets or seats directly behind the floor, not sure if they close off the rest of the seats or something?

Hmmmm.... Ideally I'd like a floor/standing ticket. Can't remember the last time I had seats at a gig! LOL!

witte
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM

Where do you get this from?
If I follow the live nation website link I still can see that people can buy seat tickets.
I say: till today NOT SOLD OUT!

Fist Fuck
07-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Where do you get this from?
If I follow the live nation website link I still can see that people can buy seat tickets.
I say: till today NOT SOLD OUT!

Thanks for clearing that up. Scarlet Siren: Try to get seat tickets then, better than nothing and maybe you can trade them later.

Scarlet Siren
08-01-2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks for clearing that up. Scarlet Siren: Try to get seat tickets then, better than nothing and maybe you can trade them later.

True, there's a first time for everything I guess!

If you could all keep an eye out for some spares I'd grateful, thanks in advance!

J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scarlet Siren
08-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Hey, me again, sorry to be a nuisance. I was just wondering if anyone was going to this show after Reading and what flights you picked were :) my initial plan was to head to London after Reading and head back home to Edinburgh midweek after a day or two of catching up with mates. But I've now extended my holiday which means I don't have to be at back work until the following week, might as well take the opportunity and make the most of visiting Milan! (EXCITED!!!)

So yeah, Reading > Milan, plans? :)

NewConsciousness
08-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Hey, I'm from Ireland and I'm going to this show too, I bought two tickets but then my friend bailed on me so I have one spare, I would be willing to sell it for cost price?? =)

dzaver
08-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Hey, is anyone selling tickets for the Milano show? Not the one with the seats but in the pit :) pm me, pretty please! Thanks

Scarlet Siren
08-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Hey, I'm from Ireland and I'm going to this show too, I bought two tickets but then my friend bailed on me so I have one spare, I would be willing to sell it for cost price?? =)

Check your PM!! I posted a few days ago in the tread I'm in desperate need of a standing ticket (booked my flight over to Milan and back home).

Hope to hear back :)

zsorzs
08-08-2013, 04:51 AM
We'll be there (from Hungary) from Wednesday until Saturday and I am interested in sightseeing ideas too. :)
I am sooo happy to meet you there !!!!

Ticket purchased, hotel booked. Flights to sort next.

Anyone else from the UK going?
flying from stansted

London-Stansted
ARRIVAL (BGY)
Milan (Bergamo)

Wed 28 Aug 2013
06:35 hrs
Wed 28 Aug 2013
09:35

Scarlet Siren
08-09-2013, 07:56 PM
Today is the BEST day ever (so far), not only did I manage get tickets for the London show (stressful experience!) I also managed to get a standing ticket for the Mlan show!

SEE YOU THERE, GUYS! ;D

dominik
08-10-2013, 05:11 AM
How did you get it? Congrats.

bowler_hat
08-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Well done SS. What's that, 5 shows in the space of just over a week in 3 different countries? I reckon you're already saving for North America in oct/nov. Go on admit it!

Scarlet Siren
08-10-2013, 04:10 PM
How did you get it? Congrats.

Someone on FB was unable to attend and I enquired, they didn't want to post it to me in Scotland due to cost and time to get here. Just by chance a friend of mine is in Milan, I gave her the money, she met with the seller and the ticket is now in my friend's safe possession! All for face value too!

Scarlet Siren
08-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Well done SS. What's that, 5 shows in the space of just over a week in 3 different countries? I reckon you're already saving for North America in oct/nov. Go on admit it!

Thank you! :D

I'd love to be able to see a show in the US (especially Voodoo) but probably not this year. My body and bank account needs to recover in time for UK/European shows next year.
Many shows in many countries is so much fun, did it last year (6 shows in 5 countries). Exhausting, which why I'm hanging by in Milan to relax :)

red_erik
08-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Hey, anybody from Croatia/Rijeka going to this show?
Me and two friends are looking for transportation, and we'll be going by train if we don't find any in the next two days...

martelerlamer
08-13-2013, 07:00 AM
A very last ditch attempted, but would anyone know anyone who would be selling one ticket for the pit/parterre for this show? Seriously considering flying over from Berlin, but I'm not sure it would be worth it with a nosebleed seat ticket.

bowler_hat
08-14-2013, 11:59 AM
A very last ditch attempted, but would anyone know anyone who would be selling one ticket for the pit/parterre for this show? Seriously considering flying over from Berlin, but I'm not sure it would be worth it with a nosebleed seat ticket.

I've PM'd you with a link to someone who's hopefully got one going spare.

zsorzs
08-18-2013, 05:27 AM
any Italian people here can recommend a good place ?

witte
08-19-2013, 09:40 AM
I just checked the livenations/ticketone website: the first ring seats are almost sold out too. They're now selling a few extra seats on the second ring on the back.
Choose for the seating plan and you can see it.

Cecil
08-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Turns out I've ended up with a spare seating ticket for the first ring.So looking to offload it if anyone is keen. Below cost is cool, and would be happy to swap it for some NIN CDs or something that I don't have even.PM me of interested

Cecil
08-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Turns out I've ended up with a spare seating ticket for the first ring.So looking to offload it if anyone is keen. Below cost is cool, and would be happy to swap it for some NIN CDs or something that I don't have even.PM me of interested

No takers?
Seriously only want 20 euros or whatever for it?

Dontlk
08-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi, I chose the pick-up at the venue option and as far as I know the pick-up is only possible 1 hour before the show, but does this mean 1 hour before the show starts (Tomahawk 20:00) or before they start letting people in (18:00 according to Mediolanum Forum site)?

Thanks!

Scarlet Siren
08-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Probably before the doors open to everyone :) at least I hope so!

Dontlk
08-25-2013, 10:32 AM
You're picking up your ticket at the venue as well? Me too! Otherwise it would really suck.. :/

witte
08-25-2013, 03:52 PM
More people from outside Italy chose for that option. You won't be alone :)

Pilgrim
08-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi, I chose the pick-up at the venue option and as far as I know the pick-up is only possible 1 hour before the show, but does this mean 1 hour before the show starts (Tomahawk 20:00) or before they start letting people in (18:00 according to Mediolanum Forum site)?

Thanks!
it's usually one hour before doors open, so it should be around 18.00

Dontlk
08-26-2013, 06:51 AM
More people from outside Italy chose for that option. You won't be alone :)

Considering the shipping costs, yes, you're probably right ;)

it's usually one hour before doors open, so it should be around 18.00

That certainly makes more sense, let's hope so.

Fist Fuck
08-26-2013, 09:54 PM
24 hours until driving to Milan! Pumped! I wonder if Trent is gonna comment on the leak or the past few festival experiences. I'll try to post updates right after the show!

witte
08-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Waiting @ Maastricht Airport for a 4 days holiday Milan :)

Scarlet Siren
08-27-2013, 04:24 AM
I'm on the plane! See you soon Milan! :D

Picking up my ticket tonight... Can't wait to have it in my grubby little paws.

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
08-27-2013, 06:54 AM
i'm psyched to arrive and see y'all tomorrow, can't wait! : )

fabripav
08-27-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm so sad about not being able to go to this. I expect the setlist to be pretty great (Somewhat Damaged, for a start).

noise
08-27-2013, 07:05 AM
I'll be there too!

jac740
08-27-2013, 08:19 AM
TOMORROW. I'm even more excited after having listened to HM!!!!

Scarlet Siren
08-28-2013, 04:08 AM
There's already 25 or so people in line. Just got here....

madmarte
08-28-2013, 04:18 AM
I have a friend selling an extra floor ticket, anyone need one???

Pilgrim
08-28-2013, 05:30 AM
There's already 25 or so people in line. Just got here....

I work 5 minutes from there, it will be a very long day...

Scarlet Siren
08-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Fucking queue jumpers!

madmarte
08-28-2013, 06:14 AM
One last tooth to yank, then i'll be on my way! 90 minute drive and i'm there!

icklekitty
08-28-2013, 06:25 AM
Fucking queue jumpers!

Heh, welcome to Italy, dear.

Scarlet Siren
08-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Heh, welcome to Italy, dear.

Haha! I'm Scottish, I give as good as I get and did the exact same thing :p

Scarlet Siren
08-28-2013, 04:11 PM
A-fucking-mazing!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/ebymemaj.jpg

bowler_hat
08-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Well that made up for two crappy UK festivals. I've probably seen NIN nearly 20 times since 2005 that was easily my favourite. Terrific crowd, amazing set list and the band on top form. And I got to see the full production at last.

I know a lot of people travelled for this. I hope everyone had as good a time as me.

username0606
08-28-2013, 04:30 PM
How long was the show?

khris
08-28-2013, 04:37 PM
That setlist would have been perfect if Me, I'm not and The Good Soldier had been replaced with two other songs. Those two songs are among my least favourites by NIN.

cahernandez
08-28-2013, 04:40 PM
How was Tomahawk? Did Mike Patton make a NIN reference or viceversa? I'm assuming there were no NIN songs featuring Mike Patton (or Tomahawk songs featuring Trent)?

dlb
08-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Erase the warning and put disappointed before sanctified and switch the good soldier with either tdtwwa or dead souls and you have the best setlist of the whole tour as of yet. :)

How was Tomahawk? Setlist? Play time?

Krazy
08-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Since we're asking questions in here: I'm assuming the visual production was similar, if not the same, as the headling festivals?

madmarte
08-28-2013, 05:00 PM
That was fucking awesome.

madmarte
08-28-2013, 05:05 PM
This was my 20th NIN concert in 19 years...probably one of the best shows i've ever been to!

Scarlet Siren
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
We got FULL production tonight, absolutely outstanding! Better than Belfast I think!

And um....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/yguru3as.jpg

GRINNING!!!

Krazy
08-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Wow, nice catch. Scarlet Siren

witte
08-28-2013, 05:15 PM
How long was the show?
Around 110 min.

Pilgrim
08-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Seen NIN live 5 times with this since The Fragile era, great show tonight and really good crowd.

What if we could + the way out is through = priceless, I was almost in tears for the GWTDT moment.
I guess I'll never been able to see live Now I'm Nothing and TDTWWA, but whatever :)

ChrisNotKiw
08-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Tomahawk played for 40 minutes. I'd really like to know what Patton was saying, since everyone was laughing (I don't speak Italian). All i all, holy sh-tsnacks, 24 songs?! My first time seeing NIN live and god, was it worth to come all the way from the Czech republic.

Krazy
08-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I kind of forgot about this show, it being a "one off" arena during the festivals. Was it sold out, or at least near capacity? Not even sure of the venue size. Looks like a goofy Euro basketball arena.

arsenic
08-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't know what to say.
This was second NIN show, the first one was Scala last week. What a FANTASTIC combination.
The Milan setlist was awesome.
The visuals were mind-blowing (I almost didn't know how they looked like until today).
And I met a lot of friendly ETS users : D

Now I'm back home, I need to sleep. Tomorrow Zurich!

Pilgrim
08-29-2013, 03:21 AM
Tomahawk played for 40 minutes. I'd really like to know what Patton was saying, since everyone was laughing (I don't speak Italian). All i all, holy sh-tsnacks, 24 songs?! My first time seeing NIN live and god, was it worth to come all the way from the Czech republic.

Mike - also known as Michele in Italy :) - just did his usual jokes kidding around almost on everything. He did a joke at the begining about the PA messages that kindly requested not stay on the steps and don't smoke, he basically said very seriously "Please do not do anything".
Then later he said that we were very nice with them for being just a supporting act. He fooled his band mates saying that they were probably thinking he was talking about pasta, since they don't speak Italian obviously, and in the end he said goodbye cheering also the Milan soccer team.
He's a very funny guy, seen him live for years with Mr Bungle, Faith no More, Maldoror and Mondocane and Italians love him. With FNM a couple of years ago he did a full song singing completely in Italian, I don't rememebr which one at the moment, maybe it was Stripsearch.

What did Trent say at the beginning of "What if we could?" section? I couldn't understand clearly what he was speaking about, something about crappy festivals and that they were about to play something different?

ChrisNotKiw
08-29-2013, 03:37 AM
^^ he said he's glad they're not paying an effin festival ("what were wethinking?") and that the setlist is meant for a friendly audience and it's like navigating around pillars (???), so even though it makes no sense to follow the warning with what if we could, they went with it (because they believed we'll be a friendly audience).

Thanks for Mike's words translated! :-)

fabripav
08-29-2013, 07:53 AM
I kind of forgot about this show, it being a "one off" arena during the festivals. Was it sold out, or at least near capacity? Not even sure of the venue size. Looks like a goofy Euro basketball arena.

Yeah it's a basketball arena mainly, and I think it was almost entirely soldout. The GA definitely was, maybe a few seated tickets were avalaible.

frantic666
08-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I taped Trent's little speech before "What If We Could?" : http://youtu.be/9ph4CUJjHPs

witte
08-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Parterre was sold out, B ring was sold out. They did ticket sale for the upper ring only on the back and there you could still get a few tickets.
So, for an EU venue gig this is nice: around 8000 visitors

The show was awesome. It would be better if they replaced Wish, Gave Up, Only, THTF and Survivalism ;)
Anyway, as I said before, happy I joined this gig: almost 2 hours NIN with the complete set up.
:)

catfishsmuggler
08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Great production and performances...

A few little highlights:

Trent jumped down and into the crowd for Piggy
Guitar toss by Trent during Wish
A little discussion on how the setlist was bi-polar (1st show in an arena environment)
Nothing particularly different, but The Way Out is Through is fucking amazing live still...

Emil Dorbell
08-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Great show, I held off on any streams and needless to say this production did NOT disappoint. I had one major gripe with yesterday's show and it was a huge one: Guys, SHUT THE F UP during the quiet songs. I was far back and people were chatting LOUDLY and nonstop during ANY quiet parts. Damn it guys, you ruined at least four or five songs for me.

Scarlet Siren
08-29-2013, 03:28 PM
The wait in line was excruciatingly long and ridiculously hot, I've never sat through anything like it, got some great chat and laughs towards the latter half of the afternoon thankfully ... It worth the wait from 11 am and the mad Olympic sprint when doors opened as I got to the front (to the left as I hate being dead on center).

I deliberately didn't listen to Tomahawk before the show as I wanted to be surprised, loved them and will definitely check them out in the future. The guy 2-3 along from me was well in to them, jumping up down screaming, hilarious!

Last nights show was well and truly outstanding, Trent seemed to be in good spirits from the moment he went on stage, he was on fire last night, wonderful to watch him put out so much energy especially MOTP. Wow! Piggy was a great moment when Trent came to the crowd, to far a long for any contact but very cool to watch everyone else nevertheless!

Ecstatic to hear I'm Afraid of Americans again. I don't EVER want to hear Closer ever again unless its live and I'm in a sea of hot, sweaty people - that was HOT! :p

Do you know what else was hot? The Good Soldier! Goodness, I always loved that 'groove' but the live version is something else!

Loving Trent's moves in Me I'm Not (just thought I'd throw that in there ;) ) and I totally understood Trent's dig at the prior festival shows, I don't blame him, I'm glad he's vocal about it.

Overall, from the shows I've seen this is my second favourite after Scala. Incredible energy, killer setlist fantastic crowd, as well as snagging the setlist and Trent's tambourine I'm happy to end the tour run here, certainly makes up for Leeds and some parts, Reading.

I made another awesome new ETS friend in @New Conciousness! I had so much fun hanging out with him early evening in line and in the crowd. Had a great laugh after the show meeting the band and we missed the final train to the city it wasn't bad at all, I had great company! :D thanks for brightening up my day, man! See you soon ;)

noise
08-29-2013, 04:21 PM
Parterre was sold out, B ring was sold out. They did ticket sale for the upper ring only on the back and there you could still get a few tickets.
So, for an EU venue gig this is nice: around 8000 visitors

The show was awesome. It would be better if they replaced Wish, Gave Up, Only, THTF and Survivalism ;)
Anyway, as I said before, happy I joined this gig: almost 2 hours NIN with the complete set up.
:)
All tickets were sold out from the main reseller, ticketone.it (parterre, B ring, C ring). A ring was not used because of the standing-only parterre (the standing audience blocks the view from A ring), while part of the C ring was not used too, and covered by some kind of black drape. Some other reseller had some ticket left for C ring (for example, livenation.it) in stock... So yeah, pretty much a sold out. The venue at full capacity must have been a great sight for Trent and a relief after the bad experiences at some of the festivals (as he addressed in his speech).

Binky007
08-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Glad you caught the tambourine and that was a great re-cap. Thank you. :)

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
08-30-2013, 11:59 AM
killer gig. i was happy about the setlist, the band were on fire, and the crowd was simply amazing. it was nice to see you all again, can't wait for the next european tour! : )

also, i wish tomahawk was playing more - they were exceptional as well.

TheRealNs1
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
man i just wanna hear his speeches.

Oberstgruppenführer CFI
08-30-2013, 01:00 PM
man i just wanna hear his speeches.
here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ZC5G9j8hk

zsorzs
09-01-2013, 04:26 PM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-i7exFRCZkJA/UiOd2dydPmI/AAAAAAAADtY/DCweO8sEJ8M/w815-h459-no/IMG_0815.JPG

@Scarlet Siren (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2217) I said hello to you in the afternoon (and we met at the Scala as well) :)

this show was epic, my 3rd in this tour
I am very happy to see the full production after the very cool Scala gig and the not so cool Reading festival gig..
all the sound and visuals were amazing, it was fun to finally see the band in a gig like this

made lots of pictures all afternoon and evening, they are all here, please dont use it without permission, thanx :
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112307768806664215376/albums/5918747002007989249

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Obo8EidlvUU/UiOdS4n65_I/AAAAAAAADk4/Xu1uBaI5n_0/w816-h459-no/IMG_0600.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fvw80noA-3U/UiOeFjPhaXI/AAAAAAAADw8/g_TspExYwrE/w815-h459-no/IMG_0868.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AidTKQ9rXwg/UiOebXzAFUI/AAAAAAAAD1Q/x_9f0g6hUKs/w816-h459-no/IMG_0977.JPG

witte
09-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Looking back at the festival tour and also now Philadelphia is done, I'm sure we can say that NIN's gig in Milan was the best set we were witnesses of.
Looking at the duration of the show in relation to the complete visual set.
Yes, I know, we still get two festival appearance....
But I'm free to say this.

Fist Fuck
09-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Where to start. The whole trip to Milan was perfect from start to end. The Holiday Inn hotel turned out to be quite great and only a quick taxi drive away from the forum.

My friends and I got to the venue at around 1pm and there were already +/- 30 people in front of it waiting in the heat. Eventually we made it to the front row. Tomahawk were surprisingly good, Mike Patton is a great singer.

NIN were amazing. This was my first Nine Inch Nails show, although I've been a fan for almost a decade now, but I just never had the chance to see them at a show that's not a festival and I'm glad I waited for this one. You could tell how happy Trent was compared to the festivals he'd played before. Although I was hoping for some songs that didn't get played (Reptile and TDTWWA in particular), I couldn't be happier with what I witnessed.

http://instagram.com/p/dslinenu2p/

I took some videos, but the quality isn't that great. I wasn't paying attention to what I was filming either, too busy, you know, watching a show. But they're enough to serve as a great memory of the best concert experience I've ever had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAy6swhYhgU

Thank you, Trent.

zsorzs
09-05-2013, 07:29 AM
few good videos of the show here
https://www.youtube.com/user/Albirocker/videos (https://www.youtube.com/user/Albirocker/videos)

Fist Fuck
09-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Still no sign of a recording of this show? I'd love to have this.

stefler
09-08-2013, 03:17 PM
made lots of pictures all afternoon and evening, they are all here, please dont use it without permission, thanx :
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112307768806664215376/albums/5918747002007989249

Thank you very much for these really nice pics!

laci
11-07-2013, 06:37 AM
I only did one video, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVE4uGQYJhg

Boi Phan
06-05-2014, 03:17 PM
The first arena show since hovet stockholm 2007... and all i can say "what a great hell of show"...
its was the only arena show i have been in which was full house, even it wasnt sold out!!!!!
all the crowd was standing in the seat row which made a such of great feeling in the air through the show. really really great show!

first and the only time i heard "what if we could" live!