1-Mar – Atlanta, GA – Phillips Arena
3-Mar – Houston, TX – Toyota Center
5-Mar – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
7-Mar – Austin, TX – Frank Erwin Center
9-Mar – St. Louis, MO – Scottrade Center
11-Mar – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center
13-Mar – Broomfield, CO – 1stBank Center
15-Mar – Glendale, AZ – Jobing.com Arena
30-June – Rome, Italy – Ippodromo Delle Capanelle (Rock in Roma)
1-July – Florence, Italy – Parco Delle Cascine
3-July – Bologna, Italy – Piazza Maggiore
4-July – Codroipo (Udine), Italy – Villa Manin
6-July – Berlin, Germany – Wulheide

No LA stop as of yet. Grrrrrrrr...

iamanexit
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I was disappointed with the newest album. That's all.

Kid Charlemagne
11-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Miss B, I think the only So-Cal date will be at Coachella unfortunately. I'll be at both the Houston and Austin shows. Even though King of Limbs sucked, they're still one of the best live bands around.

Baphomette
11-30-2011, 04:40 AM
I heard they may do a "secret" show. I love my little bird that tells me these things.

con4cyn
11-30-2011, 07:47 AM
Hoping to make it to St. Louis again!

allegro
11-30-2011, 06:12 PM
I was disappointed with the newest album. That's all.
I *love* their newest album.

But I hated them live at Lollapalooza.

I'd give them another live chance, though, I'd love to see KoL live.

Edit: I've watched that King of Limbs studio performance on Paladium about 900 times. HIGHLY recommended.

MAD
11-30-2011, 06:15 PM
@iamanexit: I only like Lotus Flower. The rest.. uh..

allegro
11-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Have you seen the above-referenced studio thing?

Edit: http://vimeo.com/m/26637209

con4cyn
11-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Not my most fave album, but I highly recommend Separator and Little by Little as my top two favorites. Lotus Flower isn't bad. The rest is just nice background music to me. Other fans like Codex, but it's just not my thing.

allegro
12-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Have you seen the above-referenced studio thing?

http://vimeo.com/m/26637209
"The Daily Mail" is so fucking awesome.

Dinki Di
12-02-2011, 01:36 AM
So is anyone else going to the Austin show? I am taking the whole day off to stand in line like a chump.

Kid Charlemagne
12-02-2011, 02:00 AM
So is anyone else going to the Austin show? I am taking the whole day off to stand in line like a chump.
Me, I only got seats though, so there's no point in me standing in line. I'm very surprised they're playing Austin, they haven't played here in years.

botley
12-02-2011, 12:46 PM
"The Daily Mail" is so fucking awesome.
Yep. They're putting out the whole Basement performance on DVD/Blu-ray (EDIT: and iTunes) shortly, with "Supercollider" as a bonus track. Love that song.

"Staircase" and "The Butcher" are also really strong, but I can see why they kept the LP to just 8 songs this time. It works better as a snapshot, a cropped-in photograph, rather than a long sprawling opus. Long live The King (of Limbs)!

spiral94
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Edit: I've watched that King of Limbs studio performance on Paladium about 900 times. HIGHLY recommended.

cosigned twas excellent. the album is so much better live

Ocean Blooms
12-03-2011, 03:22 AM
TKOL is an incredible album. I had been waiting over 2 and a half years for it and when it finally came out, I almost broke down in tears, thinking that Radiohead had finally disappointed me, disappointed is an understatement with the way I felt. But I wouldn't accept that as the final verdict, it was the 4th listen of the album that it clicked, clicked is also an understatment. Went from really disliking it to absolutely loving virtually every track on it, "Feral" being the one I took the longest to warm up to, majority of fans felt the same with that track. Then when the live renditions of the songs showed up at Glastonbury, it blew me away all the more. Then TKOL - From the Basement showed up, damn. "Bloom" being the most kick ass live song of the bunch.

I was fortunate enough to snag a ticket for one of their NYC shows a couple of months ago and now await their North East run of their tour hoping to at least attend 3 of them.

Emil Dorbell
12-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Can't get into the latest album at all. My expectations were through the roof after the masterpiece that was In Rainbows. Those expectations were properly shat on.

IAmTheExit
12-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I love the King of Limbs, even if it isn't as massive or tense as other works. Oh, and they're going back in studio next year.

con4cyn
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Can't get into the latest album at all. My expectations were through the roof after the masterpiece that was In Rainbows. Those expectations were properly shat on.

Ha! That's one thing they're good at! Shitting on people's expectations. After the transition from OK Computer to Kid A I learned to not have expectations with them. I know I'll always end up loving whatever they turn out. Yeah. I'm one of those.

I honestly had a hard time with In Rainbows at first.

joplinpicasso
12-07-2011, 06:38 PM
TKoL is honestly one of my favorite Radiohead albums. It has this wit, emotion, and immediacy that is hard to pin down elsewhere in their body of work (although I love them). The last trio of songs is unparalleled in their discography, IMO (maybe topped by Treefingers - Optimistic - In Limbo). I, too, was lucky to see them in NYC for the first time, and it was such a great experience - it really humanized them and their music for me, even after being a big fan for five years.

Pemulis
12-07-2011, 08:08 PM
The King of Limbs is a remarkably good album.

And on a related note, I love watching this band confound expectations time and time again :).

frankie teardrop
12-08-2011, 10:55 AM
i loved a lot of their jumping around in the past--- the arc from the bends through amnesiac was very enjoyable, if but jarring to most of their fans. i ate all of those albums right up. while i enjoy a lot of hail to the theif, it's been a slow decline for me since that record. liked a handful off in rainbows. don't like the latest album at all. i have no way of qualifying this, but it just seems to me like they're not really trying much anymore, though i can't tell if i dislike the songs or the constant critical praise more.

botley
12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
i have no way of qualifying this, but it just seems to me like they're not really trying much anymore, though i can't tell if i dislike the songs or the constant critical praise more.
I've seen other people level this accusation as well, and I'm not sure where it's coming from because obviously they still work furiously hard to get the recordings right, spending endless amounts of time working in the studio and then play giant tours. It's just not on the constant treadmill-like schedule of a record label anymore, but I assume more in balance with their family lives. After 20+ years in a band there's just no way to please everybody.

frankie teardrop
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
yeah, that's why i'm not sure if i can qualify it as a legit complaint. that said, it is possible to phone it in on the songwriting, even if every single detail is perfect on the production front. i think it's a mix of the dry production and the songwriting that make their latest material fall a bit flat for me. that said, my biggest complaint about radiohead in general, as hinted at above, is that no critic seems able or willing to give them honest criticism that isn't 100% lip service, but i do believe this is their most polarizing album to date. i recall opinions being very mixed when it came out.

i don't wanna dog on RH, since they've done right by me for so many years. i wanna like the new material so bad it hurts.

cahernandez
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Where could I download the audio for the 'Live in Praha' DVD?

botley
12-12-2011, 08:34 AM
There's now an eighth TKOL RMX EP out for download, and on Dec. 19th the Basement live versions of "Staircase" and "The Daily Mail" will be released as a single.

Where could I download the audio for the 'Live in Praha' DVD?
Don't think it was "officially" released, but you should be able to grab it from here (http://m.soundcloud.com/somekindofawesome/sets/radiohead-live-in-praha-8-23-09-audio-masters).

demgoth
12-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Hoping for at least a NY area show in a bigger venue. Got shut out of the Roseland Ballroom shows like a lot of other people (Ticketmaster page never refreshed to show the drop down bars for selecting tickets until about 10 minutes after the hour of the on sale, even with repeated refreshing). Or even Philly or something close enough, big enough that it won't sell out instantly.

bobbie solo
12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
there is no way they wont be doing an NYC area arena show, or two. too much $ to be made.

somewhatdamaged
12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow, just heard 'Staircase' and 'The Daily Mail' today. Great songs. I actually had 'Staircase' on my HDD for awhile and never knew it was there. I had my media player on random and 'Staircase' came on, I was "Hey, what's this?". Then I went to wikipedia to see if any other songs had been released recently, then I see 'The Daily Mail', I try to find a copy of it. I got it. Good songs. The only thing, I have no clue how I got 'Staircase', the quality is so much better than the copy I found of 'The Daily Mail'. Oh, well, I guess someone above mentioned a single coming out. Nice.

october_midnight
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Radiohead confirmed for next year's Austin City Limits. (http://www.ateaseweb.com/2011/12/15/radiohead-confirmed-for-austin-city-limits-taping/)

Jinsai
12-20-2011, 01:22 PM
studio versions of Daily Mail and Staircase now available on RH's website (http://prettymuchamazing.com/music/stream/new-radiohead-staircase)

botley
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
studio versions of Daily Mail and Staircase now available on RH's website (http://prettymuchamazing.com/music/stream/new-radiohead-staircase)As I said above, they are the same takes as on The King of Limbs: From the Basement. They have been remastered specifically for this release, however; to my ears they have a bit more clarity but less dynamic range than the video versions. It's a passable substitute for real studio versions because these live takes still kick plenty of ass. The Basement version of "Supercollider" does that, also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ITxvYk-DU

botley
01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I feel like reminiscing about when Radiohead played on Saturday Night Live back in 2000, right after Kid A had been at number one on the Billboard chart. What a beautiful, culturally earth-shaking moment that was.

For me, it was Grade 8 and my second year at a combined middle/high school; I felt like an outcast, deathly insecure and looking for something meaningful to build my adolescent identity around (other than being the tallest kid in my class). Everything about Radiohead at that time spoke to me: their anti-corporate message, the strangeness of their sound, their plugged-in web presence, their concern for impending ecological catastrophe. I can vividly remember buying the record at HMV on Bloor Street on my way home from school on the same day it came out, and listening on the way home with my Sony Discman. It sounded like some of the most intense music I'd ever heard.

When they appeared on that TV screen and started up "The National Anthem", it sounded like a clarion call for the disaffected, depressed and desperate. The way they looked was important, too: Thom Yorke's digital wristwatch, his twitchy, wiry figure, his extremely-faded "Ne Pas Avaler" black T-shirt — it recalled Radiohead as they had been in the 90s, but through a vague delirium. Ed O'Brien was wringing eerie high-pitched screams from his guitar, Colin Greenwood was rending the air apart with this ungodly roaring riff, Phil Selway drummed like a whirling funk dervish, and Jonny... what on EARTH was Jonny doing in that corner of his?

Two nights later they played in Toronto at the newly-opened Air Canada Centre on my fourteenth birthday. I couldn't get tickets but I listened to a webcast of the concert online. Thom would launch into mini-tirades in between each song about the corporate logos plastered around the venue, stuff like "this song is brought to you courtesy of Pizza Pizza". It was a captivating performance.

But really nothing could compare to that incredibly odd and heart-pounding sight of the band debuting "Idioteque" on live television. It was like the experimental music I had been checking out (Squarepusher and Autechre were on Nothing Records at that time, which is how I found out about them), but taken into an exciting and appealing sphere of public invasion. You could just about sing and dance along to it, there were even vocal harmonies on the chorus, but it was sinister and weird and spooky. To say the least, it was eye-opening to watch the finale with Thom frantically thrashing around in front of the microphone before knocking it to the ground just as the band suddenly halted.

What a perfect marriage that was — progressive sound, progressive attitude and progressive vision. It was punk rock! It was ambient! It was mainstream! It was avant-garde! It was better than all of those things. For one brief moment they were undeniably the best band in the world. They were in touch with where music was going, where society was going, where I was going. It was wonderful.

frankie teardrop
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
great reminiscing. that's the radiohead i revere and sorely miss!

botley
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm not saying they are better or worse now; in fact, I think that after some missteps in the past decade, they've matured into a pretty groovy rhythm-based rock band again, with electronic and jazz influences. It'll be exciting to see them on tour this year if they stop nearby. What is no longer applicable from that period is the extra-musical stuff all really coming together to support and strengthen what they were doing on that record. For my money, they're still prophets of the music religion.

frankie teardrop
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
i'm still watching what they do very closely, i just haven't felt connected to their albums since the times you're reminiscning about. i no longer find them to be constantly pushing the envelope or writing material that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, with very few exceptions (videotape). my own experiences were similar though, though a few years earlier. i remember them from the 'creep' days--- the scott walker angsty teen rock record. i liked them ok (i was far more into the smashing pumpkins at the time), but picked up the bends when it was picking up critical favor and was immediately stricken. as a childhood fan of u2 and the more unconventional side of the bowie spectrum, the bends opened up the door and ok computer walked right through it, and it blew my 15 year old mind. while i loved the soaring guitars and europeon electronic hybrid on that breakthrough, my tastes were shifting drastically to synths... new wave, krautrock, the works by the time kid a came out and i was in college. while many found it a radical departure, it certainly was exactly what i was looking for at the time, as was the follow up.

i think you nailed my feelings with the jazz/groove comparison above. with very few exceptions (i can only handle a handful of "no wave" bands, even), that's never been my thing.

xmd 5a
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Caught King of Limbs From the Basement on TV the other night. Bloody amazing performance. Even the couple of tracks I didn't dig on the album sounded fantastic. Amnesiac and Kid A are still my top RH albums, but "Bloom", "Supercollider" and "The Butcher" have shot up my top tracks list.

october_midnight
01-10-2012, 08:37 PM
02-27 Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena *
02-29 Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum *
03-01 Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena *
03-03 Houston, TX - Toyota Center *
03-05 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center *
03-07 Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center *
03-09 St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center *
03-11 Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center *
03-13 Broomfield, CO - 1st Bank Center *
03-15 Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena *
04-09 Seattle, WA - Key Arena *
04-11 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion *
04-12 Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl *
04-14 Indio, CA - Coachella
04-17 Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol *#
04-18 Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol *#
04-21 Indio, CA - Coachella
06-30 Rome, Italy - Hyppodrome Capanelle
07-01 Florence, Italy - Parco Delle Cascine
07-03 Bologna, Italy - Piazza Maggiore
07-04 Codroipo, Italy - Villa Manin
07-06 Berlin, Germany - Wuhlheide
07-07 Berlin, Germany - Wuhlheide
07-10 Nimes, France - Les Arenes #
07-11 Nimes, France - Les Arenes #
07-13 Kobetamendi Park, Spain - Bilbao BBK Live
07-15 Lisbon, Portugal - Optimus Alive Fest
07-25 Taipei, Taiwan - Nanang Exhibition Hall

* with Other Lives
# with Caribou

Rdm
01-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Rumor has it the new Atom's for peace album is coming soon. If its anything like the Erasure album we will have a great album. IMO The Erasure> anything Radiohead has made since Kid A

Jinsai
01-20-2012, 04:10 AM
... the album is not called Erasure. It's very good... but I wouldn't say The Eraser is better than Amnesiac... which I like better than Kid A.

Rdm
01-20-2012, 04:51 AM
yeah Amnesiac is a better album. I tend to forget that one even though it has such great songs. The only song i would drop from amnesiac is morning bell/Amnesiac . To be honest amnesiac was the album that got me into radiohead. It had songs that just clicked instantly- Life in A glass house , I might be wrong. My favorite from that album is dollars and cents, and a close second is life in a glass house. Still my favorite is Ok Computer. Cliche answer but I love OK computer

Rdm
01-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks like the new Thom Yorke album cover Art.
http://www.slowlydownward.com/nonews.html

jarj
01-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Where would I be able to get hold of a download of all of Radiohead's b-sides/rarities/bonus tracks/EPs?

Space Suicide
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Where would I be able to get hold of a download of all of Radiohead's b-sides/rarities/bonus tracks/EPs?

No where, they deserve to be bought, tightass.

I kid, I think there was a good torrent that had all of their b-sides, demos and other goodies on Pirate bay. Don't hold me me true to that word though. I downloaded it some time ago.

Frozen Beach
01-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Itunes I think has everything...

botley
01-24-2012, 04:36 PM
90%+ of catalogue digital sales for a band like Radiohead goes to the record company they're not on anymore. Buy their new stuff but steal the old stuff.

Rdm
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.slowlydownward.com/losta.html

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

richardp
01-28-2012, 10:59 AM
So, did anyone else order the Live From The Basement blu-ray from Radiohead's website? I'm hearing that they sent everyone in North America region locked PAL blu-rays, and instead of exchanging it for NTSC, are giving refunds and saying that there won't be an NTSC version.

Rdm
01-28-2012, 12:57 PM
The climax of this song live is outrageous. Atoms for peace live was such a great live show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2cOV6aVI3UY#!

botley
03-01-2012, 07:21 AM
Debut a new song on first night of tour. Fans create AMAZING multi-cam bootleg and upload it before the second show even happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GC4HQxXKqs

Jinsai
03-01-2012, 02:35 PM
So, did anyone else order the Live From The Basement blu-ray from Radiohead's website? I'm hearing that they sent everyone in North America region locked PAL blu-rays, and instead of exchanging it for NTSC, are giving refunds and saying that there won't be an NTSC version.

Wow... I just saw this. I bought the King of Limbs in the basement blu ray, but hadn't watched it yet. I just put it in the player and yeah, you're right, it's not playing.

The Doctor
03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Apparently it won't work with most US blu-ray players. Anything Sony, especially PS3, forget it. There's some others that aren't compatible either. It isn't region locked per se, it's that it's running at 50Hz signal, which is the standard for Europe, and not many US players can convert the 50Hz signal to the normal US 60Hz signal that players and TVs can read. Though I've heard dirt cheap Insignia will play it so yeah, just takes a bit of research. I ordered it the other day before looking into it. Hopefully my LG player will do it. If not...i've got a fancy coaster until I buy a new player.

BenAkenobi
03-02-2012, 11:31 AM
perhaps i should do my own research, but what's the story behind These are my twisted words? thought it sounded fitting for tKoL but they chose to drop it...

botley
03-02-2012, 01:40 PM
perhaps i should do my own research, but what's the story behind These are my twisted words? thought it sounded fitting for tKoL but they chose to drop it...
It actually dates from the In Rainbows era. Doesn't really fit with Ko'Limbs stylistically (being primarily guitar-based and live-rhythm heavy).

Jinsai
03-02-2012, 02:13 PM
It actually dates from the In Rainbows era. Doesn't really fit with Ko'Limbs stylistically (being primarily guitar-based and live-rhythm heavy).

The production style of it is really different too... the tone is harsher and raw. I like the track alright, but I don't think it fits on KoL at all.

fillow
03-02-2012, 03:13 PM
botley,
but how do you know about it being from IR era? i'm pretty sure this song wasn't even hinted anywhere (website, soundchecks etc.) before its sudden leak, at least not before some other TKOL songs debuted at Thom/AfP shows
(well, it's all according to CitizenInsane, which tends to be pretty anal about tracing radiohead songs roots.)

richardp
03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I view Twisted Words as definitely a precursor to the King Of Limbs era. I mean, after all, the artwork for it was a ton of tree limbs.

Kid Charlemagne
03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
They always have songs floating around. I believe "Nude" was written during the OK Computer sessions and they released the song 11 years later. These guys are always writing so who knows when they actually wrote these. I'm seeing them tomorrow night and Houston and in Austin on Wednesday. Really like these setlists coming out. Hoping we get "There There", "Pyramid Song", "15 Step" "Karma Police". I could do with out "Street Spirit", fuck that song.

Frozen Beach
03-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I could do with out "Street Spirit", fuck that song.
WHAT DID THAT SONG EVER DO TO YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?

But seriously, what do you not like about that song? It's my favorite on The Bends.

Kid Charlemagne
03-02-2012, 07:35 PM
WHAT DID THAT SONG EVER DO TO YOU!?!?!?!?!?!?

But seriously, what do you not like about that song? It's my favorite on The Bends.

Never liked it, always thought it was a bad song to end The Bends, which is an album that I think is one of the most overrated LP's ever, and Radiohead's my favorite band. I don't like the tone of it, the lyrics are meh, and it feels like it goes on forever. I had to hear it the last time I saw them and I was pissed, then they played "Planet Telex" and suddenly everything was better. I don't hate The Bends as much as I used to, but I think it's probably my third least favorite album from them, Pablo Honey being the worst, followed by King of Limbs.

richardp
03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
As excited as I am to see them next Sunday, there's a little ounce of me slightly disappointed that the setlists so far seem to be pretty much the same songs they played the last time I saw them, except switch out In Rainbows in it's entirety, for King Of Limbs in it's entirety. It's a great setlist regardless, but I was kind of hoping for a few more rarities since I remember someone in the band saying that's what they were aiming for. I'll quit my bitching though because it's going to be an amazing show. I love the hell out of KOL and can't wait to hear it live.

Kid Charlemagne
03-02-2012, 11:13 PM
They've rehearsed 75 songs apparently. I think they'll go all Pearl Jam on this tour and do different sets each night. Maybe some of the same songs, but not the same shows.

fillow
03-03-2012, 07:55 AM
That probably goes for old stuff. I'm sure TKOL songs will be played each night.

joplinpicasso
03-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Rarities aside, as someone who saw them last year, these KoL songs are a joy to behold live.

Piko
03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Didn't they do the same when they toured for In Rainbows? The played the entire album, then they constantly mixed up the setlist around that. I was a little disappointed when they didn't play Lucky. But, the show was still amazing and I recommend any fan to see them live at least once.

botley
03-03-2012, 10:00 AM
They've rehearsed 75 songs apparently. I think they'll go all Pearl Jam on this tour and do different sets each night. Maybe some of the same songs, but not the same shows.
According to Ed, they've never played the same setlist twice. Not in twenty years.

Kid Charlemagne
03-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Didn't they do the same when they toured for In Rainbows? The played the entire album, then they constantly mixed up the setlist around that. I was a little disappointed when they didn't play Lucky. But, the show was still amazing and I recommend any fan to see them live at least once.I think Botley summed it up. Pretty sure they've never done the same set twice, probably some minor changes though. When I saw them for In Rainbows they played the whole damn album (out of order of course) and it was the first show they opened with "15 Step" since "All I Need" was the default opener. You'll also probably hate me since "Lucky" was the third song in that set and was a joy to behold. I think it was the only OK Computer song I saw that show, but it was worth it.

Piko
03-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I think Botley summed it up. Pretty sure they've never done the same set twice, probably some minor changes though. When I saw them for In Rainbows they played the whole damn album (out of order of course) and it was the first show they opened with "15 Step" since "All I Need" was the default opener. You'll also probably hate me since "Lucky" was the third song in that set and was a joy to behold. I think it was the only OK Computer song I saw that show, but it was worth it.

They opened with All I Need. And while we didn't get Lucky, we did get a lot from The Bends and a few from OK Computer. And we also got angry Thom calling out someone in the audience while playing Exit Music. "I'll show you how fucking funny I am". Something like that.

Kid Charlemagne
03-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Man, I love "Lucky" but I would have loved "Exit Music" even more. Thom was pretty quiet, the only thing he said at our show was "Hi we're Radiohead, so if you're looking for Kid Rock, nah uh".

richardp
03-03-2012, 11:25 PM
When I saw them in 2008, we got Exit Music, My Iron Lung, Fake Plastic Trees, and the show closed with Paranoid Android. It was fucking glorious. Exit Music was bone chilling.

Piko
03-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Thom was very energetic. Excited, waving his arms in the air between encores. It was great. Bummed that I missed out. My friend's drove to Houston to see them tonight.

Kid Charlemagne
03-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Got home about an hour ago and it was great. Big ups to the city of Houston, the Toyota Center is awesome, everyone was nice, it was the perfect weekend trip. To the show itself. The band is in top form, they're probably the best at their instruments as they've been. The addition of a second drummer works well and Johnny Greenwood solidified himself as my favorite guitarist ever. I've never been a huge fan of the band's output from the past five years, but the tracks on King of Limbs were meant to be played live. "Bloom" was a terrific opener. "Little By Little" was fantastic as well. "These Are My Twisted Words" sounded flawless. I'd only listen to the track a handful of times but it was just amazing. "Feral" was a great interlude too and the band looked like they were having fun just rocking out. "Separator" was a great way to open the first encore.

But damn the crowd loses their collective shit with every older song. "The Gloaming" is a song I've grown to love because of that amazing jazz breakdown in the song. "Myxomatosis" was probably my favorite song of the night it was intense and there was a lot of awesome feedback coming from Ed''s guitar and Thom was hoping on stage looking like a fucking rock star. But then they had to close with "Paranoid Android" and that song will never sound bad, in fact it may be one of the best songs ever written and the band played the hell out of it. So yeah, it was a fantastic show, I can't wait to do it all over again on Wednesday.

imail724
03-05-2012, 09:27 PM
new dates:

05/29 – Mansfield, MA @ Comcast Center
05/31 – Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
06/01 – Newark,NJ @ Prudential Center
06/03 – Washington, DC @ Verizon Center
06/05 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
06/06 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
06/08 – Manchester, TN @ Bonnaroo Music Fetival
06/10 – Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
06/11 – Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills
06/13 – Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Center
06/15 – Montreal, Quebec @ Centre Ball
06/16 – Toronto, Ontario @ Downsview Park

Kid Charlemagne
03-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Those motherfuckers got "Amazing Sounds of Orgy" tonight. I knew I should have gone to the Dallas show instead of Houston...FUCK!

Kid Charlemagne
03-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Just came back from the Austin shot and what a setlist. Heavy on material from HTTT and Kid A, let's hope Paranoid Android sticks as a closer. The first appearance this tour of The National Anthem and maybe Bodysnatchers as well. Band was in top form again this evening. Thom and Johnny were in great moods and Thom was very chatty. It was my first time hearing The Daily Mail love and I loved it. Hearing Myxamitosis and The Gloaming back to back were wicked as were Kid A and The National Anthem side by side. I can't stress enough how good the KOL material sounds live compared to the album. Can't wait to see them again in April.

cahernandez
03-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Here are some pictures I took at the Houston show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38440152@N06/sets/72157629173476416/

sa_nick
03-08-2012, 04:36 AM
So they're finally coming back to Australia but no shows in my city. I like them enough but screw traveling 800km's to see them.

AgentofChaos
03-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Scored presale tickets to Montreal. GA Floor. Phew. That was stressful. Really did not want to have to do Downsview Park and thankfully I don't. It's worth the drive for the arena as opposed to suffering through the shitshow of the park.

richardp
03-08-2012, 11:30 AM
God that stage setup is so awesome. Great pics.

imail724
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Am I alone in thinking $82 is INSANE for a ticket? I'll probably never see them live because of how outrages the prices always are. I can't justify that much.

AgentofChaos
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Am I alone in thinking $82 is INSANE for a ticket? I'll probably never see them live because of how outrages the prices always are. I can't justify that much.

Yeah I'd say your probably going to get pretty lonely where you're standing. Given the venues they are playing, and their status/popularity, 80 fees included is pretty reasonable. If you look at comparable acts, they are right on par.

Obviously something like 50-60 would be preferred, and bit more manageable for the average concert goer or fan who wants to check them out, but all things considered I don't think it's a stretch, especially when you factor in what some other bands or higher end acts charge these days. Here are a few examples of what some piece of shit acts charge (Iron Maiden, Roger Waters, Diamond excluded from the POS tag)

Hedley - $65
Iron Maiden - $120
Coldplay - $135
Bryan Adams - $145
Van Halen - $170
Neil Diamond - $170
Roger Waters - $270
Madonna - $374

Given that Radiohead probably sells out quicker than ANY of those concerts, I don't think we can complain too much.

NINmuffin
03-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Radiohead has been on my list of must-see's forever but I feel the same way about ticket prices.. I'm a broke ass bitch and I don't know anyone that will go with me.. I'm seriously debating going to see them in DC but then again I did pay something outrageous to see NIN again at Virgin Fest.. but that's NIN - not Radiohead.. anyone live in MD and wanna go?

Amaro
03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Use a credit card. Or ask to borrow moneyz.

TCMD
03-09-2012, 05:46 AM
got newark GA tix yesterday. very happy bout that and hopefully more on saturday's onsale.

richardp
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Ticket prices don't bother me, because if it's a band that I really enjoy, then I know I'll get my money's worth. I just try to pick up extra shifts at work, or find odd jobs to help out with being able to afford the tickets. I paid like 200 dollars to see U2 last summer, and I don't regret it one bit. It was the best show I've ever seen. Worth all the money and extra work I had to do to afford it.

As for Radiohead, I have prime seats for Sunday's show, and only paid 60 dollars which I think is really reasonable. It cost twice as much as that for a ticket to see them at an Amphitheater in St Louis back in 2008, and I had shitty seats in the very last row, so I'm very stoked about the ticket prices.

Kid Charlemagne
03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I payed just as much for two tickets this time around as I did for one back in 2008. I had no problem with the prices. Would've loved to have seen them at a better venue in Austin, but at least I got to see them. I've paid more for worse shows, so it wasn't that bad. Like Richard, I've paid $200 to see U2 and The Police and Paul McCartney, and the Stones and don't regret it.

richardp
03-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Last night's KC show was soooo good. We got the tour debut's of Supercollider and How To Disappear Completely (!!!!!!). The WBC picketed the show, which at this point is expected by anyone living in KC. The band has never sounded better live, and they've never seemed like they were having as much fun. Ed was jumping around all night, Thom was joking, and even Thom could be see laughing a time or two. Identikit was one big awesomely fun mess. Clive fucked up at the beginning, so Thom laughingly stopped the song by doing his best Clay Davis impression "Oh shiieeeeet", and then restarted it, only to have the house lights abruptly come on for nearly a full minute in the middle of the song. But instead of pulling a Kings Of Leon, everyone in the band all laughed it off and kept playing. It was fantastic. Also, the band decided to play Myxomatosis on the spot, during the first encore. Loved every second of it.

Here's some photo's that I took:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/426969_10150589405317823_597877822_9067383_3293880 82_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418304_10150589405082823_597877822_9067381_3827019 94_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/427758_10150589404372823_597877822_9067376_1875709 855_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/418175_10150589404492823_597877822_9067377_1571296 23_n.jpg

And then here's where all the house lights were on during Identikit:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430685_10150589404662823_597877822_9067378_3727204 73_n.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
I would have loved "How to Disappear Completely", glad to see on this tour they've been playing tons of Kid A material. I read on Pitchfork about the WBC protesting the show which is funny considering Radiohead are probably the least offensive band around (same for Foo Fighters who handled it awesomely). Glad you noticed how loose the band is, they look like they're having a shitload of fun out there which isn't something I could've said during the Hail to the Thief tour. Thom's a chatty cathy these days. Also great shots of the band Richard, some really good photos of the band and that awesome set up. Feral>15 Step should open the shows from now on.

joplinpicasso
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Glad to hear this tour has been amazing so far. Just nabbed myself tickets for May 31 in Newark!

botley
03-13-2012, 07:00 PM
botley,
but how do you know about it being from IR era? i'm pretty sure this song wasn't even hinted anywhere (website, soundchecks etc.) before its sudden leak, at least not before some other TKOL songs debuted at Thom/AfP shows
(well, it's all according to CitizenInsane, which tends to be pretty anal about tracing radiohead songs roots.)
Sorry, I just noticed this question and wanted to respond with a comment on the facts. It was released on radiohead.com 17 August 2009 while they were still touring In Rainbows and recorded in May of that year (after the other stuff from IR was completed but still within the same touring cycle). Sessions for The King of Limbs did not start until the following year.

Yes, the tree motif is shared between the artwork of "Twisted Words" and King of Limbs — "twisted woods" was the name of the PDF instructions on printing the single artwork (har har). It even encouraged you to use thin, degradable tracing paper (which puts one of the newsprint vibe for KoL). But that's very little to do with the music.

botley
03-18-2012, 09:17 PM
So, anyway, "Skirting on the Surface" sounds like it'll be fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VEuHi7Uq4

They also recorded it at the Austin City Limits show.

Rdm
03-19-2012, 09:23 AM
I just bought some tickets off ebay and,which were too much, I was wondering how the ticket system worked this time around? The guy asked me for my name and number. usually this would have me a little worried, but he has extremely good feedback.

trollmanen
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I got my tickets for DC off Ticketmaster, and they're paperless, which kinda sucks as I like to have the stub. I'm pretty sure the Waste presales were the same way but maybe not.

richardp
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
I got my tickets for DC off Ticketmaster, and they're paperless, which kinda sucks as I like to have the stub. I'm pretty sure the Waste presales were the same way but maybe not.

Don't buy into the paperless bullshit. I had WASTE presale tickets for the KC show, and we still got actual tickets even though it explicitly said it would be paperless. The ticket looks fantastic framed with the poster.

fillow
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
the motherfuckers played PACKT at one of the recent shows!

Rdm
03-22-2012, 02:35 PM
They also played hunting bears. This tour is shaping to the the best tour yet. Got tickets to see them in San jose. 2 scalped tickets ate my bank account. :p

RevolvingSheep
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM
I went to the KC show but had floor tickets and couldn't see during most of the songs. I really want to go to another show and get seats. The KC show was amazing though!

Rdm
03-24-2012, 01:52 PM
How's thom's voice holding up? I been hearing mix reviews . I heard on the old songs he is kind of holding back . Last time I saw him, Atoms for peace, his voice was kind of all over the place but the show was still incredible, probably better than radiohead.

RevolvingSheep
03-24-2012, 09:26 PM
How's thom's voice holding up? I been hearing mix reviews . I heard on the old songs he is kind of holding back . Last time I saw him, Atoms for peace, his voice was kind of all over the place but the show was still incredible, probably better than radiohead.

He was incredibly spot on for the KC show. There were some variations to pacing and such, but he hit all of the notes.

Rdm
03-31-2012, 03:12 AM
Just spent 400 dollars on a pair of tickets to the san jose show. Holy shit, probably the most money I have ever spent on a single show. Beond excited see them again. I remember the day in 2006 where I bought a ticket a day before the show on ebay for 60 dollars. :p

Check out the setlist when I saw them in 2006. So good. Never ever forget that day, The fog was running in through the berkley greek theater right before radiohead came on stage. Greek theater is by far my favorite place to see a show. So far I seen Wilco, Radiohead, and Portishead live at the greek.

Don't get me wrong Videotape is beautiful, but man the old live version was incredible .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9YWxCH-Fg

Man the memories. i think if they tweaked it a bit and had that build up it would have gone down as one of the greatest songs ever. I mean is amazing as is, but man

New Stanley pic-Signs point to new Thom Yorke album art-

http://www.slowlydownward.com/alosta.html

richardp
03-31-2012, 11:12 AM
He was incredibly spot on for the KC show. There were some variations to pacing and such, but he hit all of the notes.

Agreed. He even hit that high note in Bloom much better than he did on the actual Live From The Basement recording. I left the show telling people that I thought that the band has never sounded better.

Rdm
04-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Are any of you guys going to the San Jose show?:confused:

Rdm
04-09-2012, 01:26 PM
New leg of the tour starts tonight in Seattle

Come on Radiohead release this motherfucker already. Its been two years since we heard this song now = (

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chfq0g1iN4Y

Rdm
04-10-2012, 03:23 PM
So, anyway, "Skirting on the Surface" sounds like it'll be fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9VEuHi7Uq4

They also recorded it at the Austin City Limits show.

Didn't notice this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFVKWXHoBLA

Rdm
04-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Sorry for triple posting, but I just got back from the san jose show. It was incredible. The new songs were so good live. The band sounds very upbeat , it reminds me a lot of The Atoms for peace band.

Setlist
01 Bloom
02 15 Step
03 Morning Mr Magpie
04 Kid A
05 Staircase
06 The Gloaming
07 The National Anthem
08 The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
09 Climbing Up The Walls
10 Karma Police
11 Identikit
12 Lotus Flower
13 There There
14 Feral
15 Little By Little
16 Reckoner
———
17 Separator
18 I Might Be Wrong (tour debut)
19 Myxomatosis
20 Everything In Its Right Place
———
21 The Daily Mail
22 Planet Telex (tour debut)
23 Idioteque

Feral was my favorite. I danced almost every song

ghostaustin
04-12-2012, 06:36 AM
Agreed. He even hit that high note in Bloom much better than he did on the actual Live From The Basement recording. I left the show telling people that I thought that the band has never sounded better.

That note is fucking hard to hit right. I wouldn't blame him for fudging it on occasion.

I even have an older recording of Creep where he squeeks on the last "run," so I think if he sounds bad on a particular song, it's just an off day, not really a sign of him losing anything.

Jinsai
04-13-2012, 01:45 AM
the show tonight was good, but I've seen them play MUCH better. To be honest, I'm not sure how well the two-drummer thing works for the most part, and the new arrangements of some of the songs feel like they have less impact than they used to. Thom's voice was spot on for the most part, but he cracked really hard a couple times. During Codex his voice cracked so hard that the entire audience pretty much went "woah!" after it happened. Bloom also seemed to fall apart and occasionally got a little clumsy, and the mix was off for that track... I know it was the intro song, but the bass guitar was overpowering and the drums were just chaotic.

It was nice to hear Planet Telex, and I'm glad they played all of King of Limbs, Staircase, Supercollider, The Daily Mail, Identikit, and These Are My Twisted Words. I think the pacing of the setlist was just a little sluggish... I don't know, I'm nitpicking I guess, but I'm used to Radiohead blowing me away every time I've seen them, but something just seemed a little off tonight.

It didn't help that it was cold/raining and the audience was chatty, but that's just the way it goes though sometimes.

Other Lives were fantastic though by the way.

theruiner
04-13-2012, 03:42 AM
I heard "Codex" for the first time tonight. Wow. Just...wow. How has it taken me this long to hear it?! Absolutely beautiful.

fillow
04-13-2012, 04:29 AM
I'd rather hear singer's voice cracking (if it doesn't do any harm physically) instead of him not even trying to hit high notes

richardp
04-15-2012, 03:16 AM
I really really hope someone out there ripped the audio from tonight's Coachella webcast, for Identikit. Perfest soundboard quality with almost zero crowd noise. I need it to hold me over until a studio version is released.

Dra508
04-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Kid Charlemagne and I danced like Thom, manically. He said he loved us. It was fun.

And we got Karma Police. /Life complete.

richardp
04-15-2012, 11:25 AM
Kid Charlemagne and I danced like Thom, manically. He said he loved us. It was fun.

And we got Karma Police. /Life complete.

Were you the guys the ones that he said that he loved, but not quite as much as you probably hoped??

Kid Charlemagne
04-15-2012, 02:11 PM
I call shenanigans on that one, I'm pretty sure Thom would love me if he got to know me. Dra and I danced for about half the set to keep warm. FOOKIN TOSSERS!

Rdm
04-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Jinsai I'm very surprised to read your review. Maybe it was the venue? Is it anything like the Hollywood Bowl ? After seeing The national at the Hollywood Bowl I think I may pass on seeing another show there with all the pretentious rich non music fans that just sit and talk. I once got asked to sit down when the national were playing.Also, I loved the chaos of the two drummers. I thought the show that I saw was better than the In Rainbows show I saw at The Hollywood Bowl . The energy of the band was just undescriblable . The musicianship seemed incredibly tight. Maybe an off night

littlemonkey613
04-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Coachella setlist was full of Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows. Dear Lord was it amazing. I got so close like 3 people from the rail it was all I could have dreamed o.O Next weekend will probly be more Kid A and Limbs

richardp
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Coachella setlist was full of Hail to the Theif and In Rainbows. Dear Lord was it amazing. I got so close like 3 people from the rail it was all I could have dreamed o.O Next weekend will probly be more Kid A and Limbs

I wouldn't necessarily say it was FULL of HTTT. Out of the 20 songs performed, only 3 of them were from that album.

Dra508
04-16-2012, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say it was FULL of HTTT. Out of the 20 songs performed, only 3 of them were from that album.I like Radiohead as much as the next person - well actually the next person was Kid Charlemagne who would not shut up - singing every fucking lyric at the top of his lungs. ;) richardp- since you clearly know - could you post the setlist so I can remember. My contact high made all the songs blur together. Except for Karma Police. It was at that point that Kid broke out into another Thom Dance screaming "I love you Thom!"

Oh - and the lights, 2012 for so many bands is a creative explosion for the lights. Radiohead's are amazing. Especially when Thom is the size of a bug, being that far back.

littlemonkey613
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Bloom
15 Step
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Morning Mr. Magpie
Staircase
The Gloaming
Pyramid Song
The Daily Mail
Myxomatosis
Karma Police
Identikit
Lotus Flower
There There
Bodysnatchers
Idioteque
--Encore--
Lucky
Reckoner
Everything In Its Right Place (With "After The Gold Rush" intro)
--Encore 2--
Give Up the Ghost
Paranoid Android

Kid Charlemagne
04-17-2012, 12:16 AM
I like Radiohead as much as the next person - well actually the next person was Kid Charlemagne who would not shut up - singing every fucking lyric at the top of his lungs. ;) richardp- since you clearly know - could you post the setlist so I can remember. My contact high made all the songs blur together. Except for Karma Police. It was at that point that Kid broke out into another Thom Dance screaming "I love you Thom!"

Oh - and the lights, 2012 for so many bands is a creative explosion for the lights. Radiohead's are amazing. Especially when Thom is the size of a bug, being that far back.

All of this is true and is the main reason why I'm sucking down Halls and hot tea all evening.

richardp
04-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Hey! Who wants a soundboard rip of Identikit? It'll hold over well enough until they decide to release a studio version. I tried to get rid of as much crowd noise as possible, boosted the bass, and generally cleaned up the sound a tad in Audacity.

Enjoy (http://www.mediafire.com/?ltft338ni3jv0hm)

Rdm
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Did a great job, thanks.

anthony_etc
04-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Hey! Who wants a soundboard rip of Identikit? It'll hold over well enough until they decide to release a studio version. I tried to get rid of as much crowd noise as possible, boosted the bass, and generally cleaned up the sound a tad in Audacity.

Enjoy (http://www.mediafire.com/?ltft338ni3jv0hm)

did an amazing job! and this song is fucking incredible!

fillow
04-18-2012, 09:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/E8toX.gif

Rdm
04-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Mexicans are crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNTuD59Z968

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsovr8u-7o&context=C45ead0bADvjVQa1PpcFOrlfF5G4PykNtjXgdY_zA9 3NZQu0wXnBQ=

Jinsai
04-28-2012, 12:36 AM
the kid in the white jacket with the bowtie wins

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxbjfFFTwUY)www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxbjfFFTwUY

Also, thanks to this video, I now unfortunately know who N Dubz are.

Rdm
04-28-2012, 02:22 AM
^^^^^ that is awesome I am posting that on my facebook account

New Atoms for Peace songs debuted tonight
http://www.ateaseweb.com/2012/04/28/thom-yorke-nigel-godrich-debut-new-songs-in-atoms-for-peace-dj-set/

Rdm
05-02-2012, 03:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L02ECU0NNM

New supposed Thom Yorke track. Whatever this is it sure it awesome.
This track was found on the Rag & Bone Fashion Collection website along with a full version of Thom Yorke's "Stuck Together" and "Twist". It was totally uncredited, Thom Yorke is only assumed to be the artist, and the title "Free" came from it's only decipherable lyric.
Discovered by Atease member Datatronic.

NINmuffin
06-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Saw Radiohead a few days ago in D.C. - Have been on my list of must-sees for a long time.. the show was amazing - Set list was just OK.. opening band.. Caribou.. good - merchandise was outrageous but well worth it and all in all I'm quite happy :)

Kid Charlemagne
06-05-2012, 10:28 PM
A new debut in Cincinnati tonight called "Full Stop", it was soundchecked but not played in the set.

richardp
06-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Oh shit, wasn't that the tune that Colin talks about in the Rolling Stone piece?

Kid Charlemagne
06-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I think so. Also soundchecked was "Dollars and Cents", I hope to God they play that Friday at Bonnaroo.

richardp
06-09-2012, 07:30 AM
Thom Yorke dedicated Supercollider to Jack White last night at Bonnaroo, saying that they had just seen him but wouldn't say why and that we'd find out soon enough.

If Radiohead recorded a Blue Series single with Identikit, I'll probably shit my pants.

onthewall2983
06-09-2012, 07:37 AM
I saw a bit of their set on YouTube. Very cool they have an additional drummer now.

botley
06-10-2012, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz96Vf_kKrE

Alpha 60
06-10-2012, 10:13 PM
They supposedly debuted Full Stop tonight

botley
06-16-2012, 03:41 PM
Show tonight in Downsview Park cancelled due to stage collapse. EMT were called apparently to mount a rescue for 3 people trapped underneath it.

At least one person is in critical condition, and I heard a report on Twitter of one pronounced dead. :(

october_midnight
06-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Heard that...fucked up. My friend Adam was going to that show, but since it's still so early it must be staff and/or workers that were hurt. One of the injured is apparently in critical condition....shitty.

Kid Charlemagne
06-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Very bittersweet for Radiohead today. On the 15th anniversary of OK Computer, this happens. One crew member is dead apparently, and nobody from the band or Caribou was harmed, but still a very tragic thing to happen. Outdoor venues can be very dangerous.

botley
06-16-2012, 04:01 PM
They don't need to be dangerous. This is an awful but totally preventable disaster; it has happened too many times before for a mere error in planning to slip through the cracks and take someone's life. Sometimes I hate this business.

Space Suicide
06-16-2012, 04:06 PM
That's why I don't go to festivals.

botley
06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
I would never deprive anyone of the great, unparalleled communal experience of an outdoor concert — but FUCK, no show is worth a human life.

richardp
06-16-2012, 11:55 PM
This has seriously been happening WAY too much in the past year. Very unfortunate that this had to happen to Radiohead.

botley
06-18-2012, 09:04 AM
The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK

trollmanen
06-19-2012, 08:52 PM
The rumour going around Toronto techs is that their on-site supervisor refused to put all of Radiohead's gear in the air because it would have been too heavy for the structure to support — so the promoters (Live Nation) found another engineer who would sign off on the unsafe load. FUCK

Damn. From Pitchfork:
"According to The Star (http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1213272--radiohead-stage-collapse-four-companies-asked-to-comply-with-investigation?bn=1), the investigation is targeting "mainly" Live Nation, who promoted the concert, but also Optex Staging and Services, Inc., Nasco Staffing Solutions, and Radiohead's company Ticker Tape Touring LLP." - http://pitchfork.com/news/46903-radiohead-live-nation-in-stage-collapse-investigation/

You gotta wonder who knew what, and when. I'm sure that the venue had the rider for the lighting and sound rigs way in advance, so they should have known what was being brought and what the load would be. If they didn't have a structure to support that, they should have known in advance. If it does fall on Live Nation, I wouldn't be surprised if Radiohead's company sued.

Broadbent
06-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Any word if toronto will get rescheduled or are we sol?

richardp
06-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Any word if toronto will get rescheduled or are we sol?

Someone died. Consider yourselves sol.

Jinsai
06-20-2012, 12:54 AM

Holy shit... that's awful. So the collapse was due to all the screens that were suspended?

Honestly, I doubt any investigation into RH's involvement will go anywhere. After all: If the band knew that the stuff HANGING OVER THEIR HEADS while they play was potentially dangerous and could kill them from collapsing the stage, I doubt they'd think it was a good idea and try to pull it off anyway.

Actually, if I were in RH's shoes, I'd be suing Live Nation too if they're responsible.

Amaro
06-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Rip...........

Jinsai
06-20-2012, 03:28 AM
I think The Flaming Lips' hearts were in the right place, but Knives Out might not be the best song to put out as tribute to this disaster... as evidenced by Wayne choking on the lyrics "squash his head." It's almost like he realized "oops" right before he was about to sing the line. Still, beautiful rendition otherwise. I'm impressed actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10P-OEgy2E&feature=related

Highly Psychological
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
I heard Planet Telex today by Radiohead, at loud volume its such a powerful tune i got so preoccupied by it, I honestly thought i was going to crash my car.
Soaring, emotional, beautiful track.

This band are one of the few groups that really deserve their status, i have never found them to be overrated. Or Depressing.
Ok Computer is not in my opinion their best album. But its still really, really good, i like The Bends the most. It really reminds me of 1995, such a good year for music in UK, its better than anything by Blur, Oasis, Verve, Pulp, Elastica or the Britpop bands they were associated with..even though they were all good bands.
Kid A still sounds really mesmerizing too. Treefingers is my current favourite track off that record.

Pyramid Song is too bleak and miserable for some but it has now also become one of my favourite tracks by them. Feel they have go a bit overindulgent in recent years. The last record i truly like by them was Amnesiac.

But i trust this band will continue making good music. Legendary group.

PhoenixML
09-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Radiohead is one of my favorite bands, in my top 3. But I'm not looking forward anything anymore. If they release something good, awesome, and if not, it's ok.

OK Computer is my favorite album, although I heard it after Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT... great band!

And oddly enough, Pyramid Song is my favorite song too. Took me a while to realise it was.

onthewall2983
11-29-2012, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=deewxo-mIsw

joplinpicasso
11-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Ah, yes -- that concert <3 It was awesome.

One question: I've always heard the beat of "Bloom" as somewhat faster than the studio recording, but it may just be caused by different rhythm accents...anyone?

fortheloveofgod
11-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Ah, yes -- that concert <3 It was awesome.

One question: I've always heard the beat of "Bloom" as somewhat faster than the studio recording, but it may just be caused by different rhythm accents...anyone?

I found the Roseland audio to download. Its a great soundboard recording. I agree "Bloom" sounds quite different. The live rendition has even changed some since Coachella earlier this year.

botley
11-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I like the energy of that show; it is very stripped-down compared to the 2012 shows, but they are on the edge of something new and working hard to put it across. I don't like the mix, because the guitars are a little out of whack on some tunes (at one point that video reverts to what sounds like audience-sourced audio, so it's also incomplete) but Thom's voice sounds great and it is AWESOME to see the band support fan edits like this by providing soundboard feeds.

Rocking some King of Limbs yesterday through my bees-knees new headphone amp, I clearly heard (possibly for the first time) that percussion loop Clive Deamer starts the live version of "Bloom" off with, in its original form. His playing and choice of sounds adds not just human accents to the rhythm, which drives everything along really nicely, but also those two notes lend a drone-y hum that works so well against the song's melodic shapes. Thom's vocal lines are almost like a melismatic prayer chant.

botley
12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Um, this is terrific.

http://radioheadbonnaroo.com/

richardp
12-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Seriously, where the fuck is this third man records 7" at?

botley
12-31-2012, 01:53 PM
More importantly:

this is terrific.

Amnesiac
01-03-2013, 01:30 AM
Um, this is terrific.

Dude, thank you for that! Amazing performance.

botley
01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
There's a FLAC version up on Dime now.

fillow
02-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Grammar question. Why 15 Step? And not 15 Steps or 15th Step?

PhoenixML
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Because 2+2=5.

I have no idea. He does sing "15 steps".

Iran_Ed
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Grammar question. Why 15 Step? And not 15 Steps or 15th Step?

http://citizeninsane.eu/15step.html

Amnesiac
02-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Thom confirmed they recorded a studio version of 'Identikit', and hinted at the same for 'The Present Tense' here, if you can sift through the silliness:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/18rblj/iama_atoms_for_peace_thom_yorke_nigel_godrich_ama/

cahernandez
04-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Extremely good interview with Thom Yorke, conducted by Alec Baldwin. Quite lengthy, highly recommended read. It has a lot of good info:

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/heresthething/2013/apr/01/transcript/

onthewall2983
07-19-2013, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrjfGKnI204

Halo Infinity
01-28-2014, 07:22 PM
I've been on and off with my Radiohead fixes, as I haven't been listening to Radiohead for quite a while, and it really is about time for me to get back into the loop. It's nice to see that The King of Limbs has been for the most part received very well here with some exceptions. (I still have yet to get the actual CD though.) And well, like anybody else, I was also wondering about whenever the 9th album would come out. It seems to be up in the air as of now, but I'm sure most of you knew that already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead#2013.E2.80.93present

http://www.nme.com/news/radiohead/75034

PhoenixML
01-30-2014, 11:55 AM
King of Limbs doesn't have enough fantastic songs to make it a great Radiohead album. At 8 tracks only, you're quite limited.

If Suppercollider, Butcher, Daily Mail and Staircase was on the album, I believe it would have slightly been better.

AMOK was in the end better than TKOL (in my personnal opinion, as in, you can think otherwise)

I can only hope a new album will be more exciting.

blackholesun
01-30-2014, 02:11 PM
I dug King of Limbs, but like most Radiohead albums for me, I find that I love a handful of tracks and don't care for a handful. What would everyone's top 10 Radiohead tracks be?

There There
Gagging Order
Pyramid Song
The Tourist
Codex
Reckoner
Lucky
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
15 Step
How To Disappear Completely

The next 10 would probably be:
Idioteque
Climbing Up the Walls
Packt Like Sardines In a Crushed Tin Box
Everything In It's Right Place
Nude
Where I End and You Begin
You and Whose Army?
Optimistic
Paranoid Android
2+2=5

BRoswell
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Let's see...

In no order:
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Exit Music (For A Film)
Idioteque
House Of Cards
Fake Plastic Trees
Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
Life In A Glasshouse
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Everything In Its Right Place
The National Anthem

Honorable mentions:
Myxomatosis
Nude
Videotape
Last Flowers To The Hospital
No Surprises
Lotus Flower
In Limbo
Paranoid Android
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Treefingers

frankie teardrop
01-30-2014, 02:55 PM
well, since we glossed over the 10 limit already, here's 20 i love:

let down
where i end and you begin
idioteque
i might be wrong
how to disappear completely
sulk
videotape
street spirit (fade out)
the trickster
pulk/pull revolving doors
exit music (for a film)
pyramid song
kinetic
talk show host
killer cars
sit down, stand up
nude
fake plastic trees
banana co.
lucky

seasonsinthesky
01-30-2014, 06:39 PM
i was gonna say that each top 10 reveals how specifically weird you are, but with RH, all the top 10s are super weird

All I Need
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Climbing Up the Walls
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Myxomatosis
Sail to the Moon
Idioteque
Morning Bell
The Gloaming
Go Slowly

henryeatscereal
01-30-2014, 08:34 PM
I'll give it a shot...

10. Everything in it's Right Place
9. Sit down, stand up
8. Exit Music (for a film)
7. The Bends
6. Pull / Pulk revolving doors
5. Planet Telex
4. Weird fishes/Arpeggi
3. Myxomatosis
2. Bodysnatchers
1. How to dissapear completely

xmd 5a
01-31-2014, 12:07 AM
My top 10 general comes from this pool:

Climbing Up the Walls
Everything in Its Right Place
Idioteque
Packt Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box
I Might Be Wrong
Like Spinning Plates
Kinetic
Worrywort
Myxomatosis
All I Need
Bloom
The Butcher
Staircase

reseen_lamenti
01-31-2014, 12:56 AM
How To Disappear Completely
Nude
Everything In Its Right Place
Let Down
Planet Telex
Fake Plastic Trees
High and Dry
Street Spirit
Motion Picture Soundtrack

botley
01-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Creep
Creep
creep
creepp
creeeeeepp
creepcreepcreeeppp
crreepcreeeeeppppppp
creeeeppepepepepepppp
crrtreeeeppppppppppppppppp
creeeereeereeerefeweeeexepp

Jinsai
01-31-2014, 01:27 AM
why not...

How to Disappear Completely
The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Let Down
Planet Telex
Motion Picture Soundtrack
You and Whose Army
Videotape
Codex
Last Flowers
Life in a Glass House

Amaro
01-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Currently or top of my head.

Kid A
Planet Tenex
Stop Whispering
In Limbo
Fake Plastic Trees
Backdrifts
There, There
Myxomatosis
Bloom
Lotus Flower

Space Suicide
01-31-2014, 08:03 AM
No order

2+2=5 (The Lukewarm)
Paranoid Android
Reckoner
Like Spinning Plates
Kid A
The National Anthem
A Wolf at the Door (It Girl. Rag doll.)
15 Step
Exit Music (For a Film)
Street Spirit

thevoid99
01-31-2014, 02:52 PM
OK, right now....

Let Down
How to Disappear Completely
Knives Out
Fake Plastic Trees
Bones
Exit Music (For a Film)
Idioteque
Pyramid Song
House of Cards
Reckoner
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
High & Dry

Halo Infinity
01-31-2014, 05:17 PM
Due to the couple I've likes I've seen this video receive, I thought that it would be worth posting here. I also thought it was a well-done Radiohead parody, myself. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

Santos L Halper
01-31-2014, 06:40 PM
^^Very funny video.

october_midnight
09-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Thom Yorke announces new album 'Tomorrow's Modern Boxes' to be distributed via BitTorrent. (http://pitchfork.com/news/56876-thom-yorke-announces-new-album-tomorrows-modern-boxes/)

thefragile_jake
09-26-2014, 09:54 AM
So....it's a Thom Yorke record? Dropping the Atoms For Peace moniker already?

profane
09-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Link tot buy the album:

https://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/tomorrowsmodernboxes

fillow
09-26-2014, 10:23 AM
It's not a moniker, it's a band. this new release probably doesn't have Flea and the rest, hence Thom Yorke.

I wonder if ateaseweb is dead? No updates for a year...

thefragile_jake
09-26-2014, 10:25 AM
It's not a moniker, it's a band. this new release probably doesn't have Flea and the rest, hence Thom Yorke.

I wonder if ateaseweb is dead? No updates for a year...

Oh yeah, that's right. Well I'm at work and can't listen to this bad boy yet...but I was reading that people said it's pretty electronic. Excited to hear this.

october_midnight
09-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Starting in on it now, A Brain in a Bottle....pretty good. I'll be honest though, I never was too big a fan of Thom's solo work. A bit too...bleep-bloop for my tastes. Kinda forgettable stuff. For me, it's almost as if he needs the guys in Radiohead to reign him in. Still though, a welcome surprise this morning no doubt.

telee.kom
09-26-2014, 10:49 AM
For me on the other hand Eraser is one of my favourite records of all time, I'm half way through the new album and I absolutely love it. I'm glad Thom dropped the more experimental stuff he did with AFP and came back with more straight forward songwriting spiced up with some experimental electronics

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Starting in on it now, A Brain in a Bottle....pretty good. I'll be honest though, I never was too big a fan of Thom's solo work. A bit too...bleep-bloop for my tastes. Kinda forgettable stuff. For me, it's almost as if he needs the guys in Radiohead to reign him in. Still though, a welcome surprise this morning no doubt.

I was a bit on the fence when The Eraser first came out because it was a bit different from Radiohead but it later grew on me. The Spitting Feathers EP I actually hold above The Eraser, and linking the two together make a nice complete album. His solo work is simple, but for me it's his voice and haunting sound that really draw me in. Deff a nice surprise to come home to.

talkingnothing
09-26-2014, 11:13 AM
at work and can't get it right now, but am i right in assuming the download is 320kbps mp3? wonder why not lossless?

Canuckle
09-26-2014, 11:34 AM
$50 'deluxe vinyl'?

I want it, but god damn, that's beyond Mondo level pricing for a SINGLE 180g disc, in a non-gatefold sleeve, and with a 'anti-static shield bag'.

hologram parade
09-26-2014, 11:39 AM

Atoms For Peace is when hes making the album with other people and those people having more input - like Flea, Nigel, Joey etc. This album looks like its just Thom with Nigel producing just like The Eraser.

I do hope they make more A.F.P. albums in the future though. Im sure itll be some time seeing as Radiohead have been in the studio less than a week working on a new album. If the new Radiohead album sounds anyhting like TKOL Ill be one happy man!

I love all of Thom's solo stuff and love A.F.P. even more so this is a great treat to come home to. He will prob put A.F.P. back together to tour for this after hes done with the new Radiohead album and (hopefully) subsequent tour that follows

hologram parade
09-26-2014, 11:41 AM
$50 'deluxe vinyl'?

I want it, but god damn, that's beyond Mondo level pricing for a SINGLE 180g disc, in a non-gatefold sleeve, and with a 'anti-static shield bag'.

At least it includes shipping in the price. Wishing more people would do this. I was really worried seeing as Im in the states

Canuckle
09-26-2014, 11:46 AM
At least it includes shipping in the price. Wishing more people would do this. I was really worried seeing as Im in the states

Still bought it given my vinyl addiction and fear of missing out on rare items (and obvious love for Thom) but damn, no single LP that isn't made partly of gold should cost $50 shipping or no-shipping included. I'm just hoping it doesn't show up on amazon for $15 cheaper and free shipping in a month or so.

richardp
09-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Yeah as much as it pains me, I'm going to have to sit out the vinyl edition of this album. That packaging doesn't sound deluxe enough to warrant $50.
$6.99 digital version for me!

WorzelG
09-26-2014, 12:02 PM
When you get this, can you just download it straight away or do you have the whole seeding / leeching thing like usual with torrents? I just don't really get why he's going with bittorrent, is it because he is too tight to develop his own store or use another store? Just seems like if you pay for something you shouldn't have to faff around with all the torrent stuff. (of course he has that pompous comment in the press release about whether the plebs are clever enough to use it)

richardp
09-26-2014, 12:04 PM
It's a torrent file, so treat like any other torrent file.

hologram parade
09-26-2014, 12:05 PM
I know Ive posted these photos elsewhere on ETS, but Im just super excited for the new album and have been all abt Yorke and Co over the last 2-3 months. Really digging the new album so far!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/9f75b9f398681de34e6fd2b4dac6d3b6/tumblr_nb4uf2fJJ61qf2ic8o3_1280.jpg

PhoenixML
09-26-2014, 12:54 PM
So I just bought a torrent file? That is some strange world we live in.

armogi
09-26-2014, 02:06 PM
no way I'm gonna pay for lossy, it's 2014 so why should we settle for lossy when lossless isn't that much more MB to handle???
i'll wait for the physical release, I'm sure we'll get something lossless at some point, he will get my money then.

fortheloveofgod
09-26-2014, 02:59 PM
You can get flac/wav with the vinyl in the deluxe editio...or find a free torrent file to download:)

http://tomorrowsmodernboxes.com/

Halo Infinity
09-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I haven't followed Radiohead for quite a while again, and these 2 questions just occurred to me yet again, as I forgot about them and thought of asking them before I completely forget about them again.

1. Is there a connection between The Bends and OK Computer? Was OK Computer supposed to pick up where The Bends left off?

2. Were Kid A and Amnesiac actually supposed to be a double album? Isn't there an interview or a few interviews where Radiohead themselves have actually admitted that?

With that being said, I really want to listen to their albums again.

kbo
09-26-2014, 07:21 PM
I am gonna buy this. A couple questions.....does anyone know
What is the mp3 bitrate? Can you import wav/flac into itunes?

So I have to download a program to download the file?

Sorry...I am the idiot that still buys physical copies....if anyone can make this simple....

Omega
09-26-2014, 08:00 PM
Also going to buy. This is awesome, the GG score is out, and this..very cool:).

Amnesiac
09-26-2014, 08:17 PM
For some reason it won't let me order the vinyl (yes, I'm apparently a sucker, but I like the album, and I like to collect things, so ...). I've tried a CC and paypal. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem? Considering the price, am I the first person to try and buy it?

Seriously though, has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT:

I am gonna buy this. A couple questions.....does anyone know
What is the mp3 bitrate? Can you import wav/flac into itunes?

Sorry...I am the idiot that still buys physical copies....if anyone can make this simple....

The bitrate is 320, I don't know shit about itunes (sorry), and I'm pretty sure you need utorrent or some other torrent software to D/L it.

Hope this helps.

Edit2: Goddamn, why won't it let me order this? OK, now I'll actually wait until tomorrow to try again.

Jinsai
09-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Can you import wav/flac into iTunes?

You can import wav files into iTunes.

I bought a copy of the vinyl and directly downloaded it (both WAV and MP3 versions). I'm not sure what the other options are.

Amnesiac
09-26-2014, 08:46 PM
You can import wav files into iTunes.

I bought a copy of the vinyl and directly downloaded it (both WAV and MP3 versions). I'm not sure what the other options are.

Am I correct in assuming that "Deluxe Edition" doesn't mean "Limited Edition that we'll only press XXX amount of"?

I hope so, with the luck I'm having, heh.

EDIT: Not to single you out or anything, I'm just trying to soothe my nerves that I won't get a "sold out" message tomorrow.

Jinsai
09-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Am I correct in assuming that "Deluxe Edition" doesn't mean "Limited Edition that we'll only press XXX amount of"?

At the price they're asking, I would assume it has to be limited in some respect.

I would be shocked if it sold out that fast though at that price. I bought it around 11 am or so pacific USA time.
They might have a staggering sale system to prevent overselling quantity.

It's still not working though? When was the last time you tried to buy it? What is the error message you're getting?

liquidcalm
09-27-2014, 03:28 AM
I haven't followed Radiohead for quite a while again, and these 2 questions just occurred to me yet again, as I forgot about them and thought of asking them before I completely forget about them again.

1. Is there a connection between The Bends and OK Computer? Was OK Computer supposed to pick up where The Bends left off?

2. Were Kid A and Amnesiac actually supposed to be a double album? Isn't there an interview or a few interviews where Radiohead themselves have actually admitted that?

With that being said, I really want to listen to their albums again.
1. No idea... Radiohead fan theories are... slightly intense. The one that says there is a story if you place In Rainbows and Ok Computer together is the one that comes to my mind..
2. They were both recorded at the same time, from Wikipedia:

"GuitaristEd O'Brien (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_O%27Brien) felt that the material was too "dense" for a double album, and that listeners might skip tracks.[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amnesiac_(album)#cite_note-MTV-10) Singer Thom Yorke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Yorke) said Radiohead split the work into two albums because "they cancel each other out as overall finished things. They come from two different places, I think ... In some weird way I think Amnesiac gives another take on Kid A, a form of explanation." "
Which is what I remember reading at the time. It made sense from a record company route too, I don't think may people were big on the double LP idea in the wake of Napster etc.

Jinsai
09-27-2014, 03:43 AM
1. No idea... Radiohead fan theories are... slightly intense. The one that says there is a story if you place In Rainbows and Ok Computer together is the one that comes to my mind..

Far fetched fan theories like that belong along with stuff like Dark Side of the Rainbow. It's ridiculous

Kid A and Amnesiac are obviously two albums made at pretty much the same time though. They share a song. It's not a double album, but there's more than a planned-out conspiratorial crossover.

Amnesiac
09-27-2014, 10:46 AM
At the price they're asking, I would assume it has to be limited in some respect.

I would be shocked if it sold out that fast though at that price. I bought it around 11 am or so pacific USA time.
They might have a staggering sale system to prevent overselling quantity.

It's still not working though? When was the last time you tried to buy it? What is the error message you're getting?

When I try Paypal, it won't ever load the next screen. I've tried on my computer and my phone.

When I try my credit card, it takes me to an error screen, saying I have my security code wrong (pretty sure I don't) or that I had made a purchase earlier in the day. That's weird, as I held off buying it at all until I knew I liked the album or not.

It's still doing this to me, BTW.

EDIT: So my CC was blocking me from ordering from the UK, apparently. They just called me right after I got the paypal order to go through, of course. I don't really know why paypal was being a bitch, but it all worked out. Huzzah.

talkingnothing
09-28-2014, 03:37 PM
so regarding Yorke's message about a new way to distribute... i guess. but a thing has to be popular enough to have seeding. if a thing is that popular, can't those artists afford to use a direct download store that does cost them a little something? the artists who are lesser know and really need to be able to sell their work with a very low cost to themselves may not be able to keep enough seeds. what if i buy a torrent and can't download the damn thing? seems a bit odd. this is just my first reaction thoughts about this, and it's entirely possible that my assumptions are flawed. anyone else have thoughts?

armogi
09-28-2014, 04:15 PM
I'd say all you need is one seeder with good upload speed so it doesn't seem like a hard thing to do these days, who knows you cold even do that from a starbucks or some other WiFi enabled place. Whoever uses this way of distribution would have to master torrents obviously but this isn't rocket science.
Maybe my assumptions are flawed too though :)

WorzelG
09-28-2014, 04:19 PM
so regarding Yorke's message about a new way to distribute... i guess. but a thing has to be popular enough to have seeding. if a thing is that popular, can't those artists afford to use a direct download store that does cost them a little something? the artists who are lesser know and really need to be able to sell their work with a very low cost to themselves may not be able to keep enough seeds. what if i buy a torrent and can't download the damn thing? seems a bit odd. this is just my first reaction thoughts about this, and it's entirely possible that my assumptions are flawed. anyone else have thoughts?
This is exactly my thought - why BitTorrent? If you're somebody like Thom Yorke, can't you afford your own store?

liquidcalm
09-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Well, even if you are left with one person hosting the master file, that is the responsibility of the artist to essentially provide their own server which is always on. Most people I know seem to leave their PCs on 24/7 anyway, but it could even be done with say a Raspberry Pi or NUC device. Either way, running that would be far cheaper in transaction and service charges than hosting the files on a service like Bandcamp whose rates are fine, just not quite as empowering as doing it yourself. Not that I looked at the costs to host with BitTorrent, but I'm guessing its cheaper..
Anyway.. I like the album, sparse and nocturnal sounding. Nothing jumps out as particularly special (no Harrowdown Hill single-style tracks) but a good listen none the less.

Amnesiac
09-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Well, even if you are left with one person hosting the master file, that is the responsibility of the artist to essentially provide their own server which is always on. Most people I know seem to leave their PCs on 24/7 anyway, but it could even be done with say a Raspberry Pi or NUC device. Either way, running that would be far cheaper in transaction and service charges than hosting the files on a service like Bandcamp whose rates are fine, just not quite as empowering as doing it yourself. Not that I looked at the costs to host with BitTorrent, but I'm guessing its cheaper..
Anyway.. I like the album, sparse and nocturnal sounding. Nothing jumps out as particularly special (no Harrowdown Hill single-style tracks) but a good listen none the less.

I agreee, but replace Harrowdown Hill with Cymbal Rush, I quite like it though.

EDIT: Well, you said SINGLE, so I'd say there's no (time to) Analyze. (I love that song)

EDIT2(sorry): This shit is great, Nose Grows Some is my new favorite. That tends to happen with me, though.

Rabbit
09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
loved eraser and i'm enjoying this to!!! Thanks Thom. =)

The Mother Load- yes, this is it. love.

fortheloveofgod
09-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Loving the record. Definitely some Burial influences. 'Guess Again' starts off sounding like 'Paradise Circus' by Massive Attach.

hologram parade
10-15-2014, 05:11 PM
my modern boxes copy finally showed up. here are my solo yorke records

http://31.media.tumblr.com/3e17d4c46bcfbdd8f9899284c0387c2d/tumblr_ndi9e86gJc1qf2ic8o1_500h.jpg

r_k_f
01-24-2015, 04:07 PM
I've had their Austin City Limits performance DVR'd for quite some time... Just got around to watching it.. It's fucking amazing. I love That version of The Amazing Sounds of Orgy.

pulse
02-08-2015, 02:59 PM
Radiohead Album Update:

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4148661-dis-meets-radioheads-philip-selway--if-it-means-something-to-some-people-then-that-is-success

armogi
02-08-2015, 11:58 PM
Looks like we'll be waiting for a while on this one...

botley
02-14-2015, 04:27 PM
Anyone going to Philip Selway's solo shows upcoming? I really enjoyed his first LP but the new one is taking a little longer to settle. The two singles are very strong, however.

Space Suicide
02-14-2015, 08:12 PM
So...

are we ever getting a true follow up to 2007's In Rainbows?

srsly.

henryeatscereal
02-15-2015, 01:10 PM
"King of Limbs" was lackluster to say the least...

implanted_microchip
02-15-2015, 01:55 PM
I actually really like TKoL and the live stuff like Identikit all seemed great to me. I fully expect something different. I don't think anything has been entirely predictable since Amnesiac.

botley
02-15-2015, 02:17 PM
TKoL rules. Better than In Rainbows for my money.

BRoswell
02-15-2015, 02:20 PM
Love them both. I'll never understand why people don't like The King Of Limbs.

Khrz
02-15-2015, 02:29 PM
I found it cold and lacking in emotion. I really didn't connect to that one in any way...

allegro
02-15-2015, 02:54 PM
I connected with it so much, I wanted to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I wanted to swim in it until I drowned.

Edit: I loved "In Rainbow," too, though.

fillow
02-15-2015, 03:10 PM
The King Of Limbs is great as it is, and would be even better if they'd add Twisted Words and The Butcher. The latter is may favorite song from this era.

Airbornefeline
02-15-2015, 04:07 PM
TKoL is an okay album, it just doesn't even come close to living up to the standards of In Rainbows or really any other Radiohead album.

implanted_microchip
02-15-2015, 04:24 PM
The Butcher is one of my favorite Radiohead songs. By a mile.

Funny enough I've seen some people say it's a cold/empty feeling album and yet a lot of people who love it feel the exact opposite. To my ears there's a strong, vivid nature sound, a really organic vibe to it. Tons of birds, imagery of trees, forests, passing bees, wind blowing through your hair as the sunlight trickles through the leaves and fields. It's just a beautiful record. It's concise, it's almost dream like. It reminds me of days where I've fallen asleep in front of a window or with an open door and woken up from a nap to the feel of sunlight on the side of my face in the late afternoon, the sound of birds chirping in the neighborhood. It's a sleepy, dreamy, in touch with nature type of record that if I'm in the right head space for can be incredibly calming, peaceful and grounding.

Space Suicide
02-15-2015, 04:30 PM
To me it came off as a soul less, flat wannabe retread of the styling and experimentation that was on Kid A and Amnesiac. Huge disappointment and let down from the super awesome In Rainbows. There isn't a dull song on that entire album. I'd even listen to Pablo Honey over King of Limbs. I've only listened to King of Limbs once before saying never again. I listened to maybe Lotus Flower a few more times after to try it again but still flat and boring.

It pains me too to say that it's an awful album but sorry, it is.

implanted_microchip
02-15-2015, 04:49 PM
I've only listened to King of Limbs once before saying never again. I listened to maybe Lotus Flower a few more times after to try it again but still flat and boring.

It pains me too to say that it's an awful album but sorry, it is.

You are entirely entitled to your opinion and if you hate it then you hate it and you're not wrong to feel however you do, but I just have to say that if you've only heard all but one song once, that might be a big reason. Especially if you were expecting a continuation of In Rainbows. Very often albums like this will throw you off and take a few chances to get you into their groove. I didn't think much of it until a few tries, and all of a sudden it just clicked. Bloom, Codex, Separator, they're great.

Also if you hated that album you probably ignored the overall era so do yourself a favor and at least give The Butcher and Identikit listens.

Space Suicide
02-15-2015, 04:59 PM
I've heard songs from it more than once but not in one listen nor one entire song I could recall by name other than Lotus Flower (hence why I name dropped it). I've watched live show performances and it translates better but still is mediocre.

henryeatscereal
02-15-2015, 05:16 PM
I do not care for TKOL excluding for "Morning Mr Magpie".
I tried and tried to like this album and this comes from someone that liked "Kid A" the first time he heard it, yet i don't find anything to "connect" with on the album. I admit that it was interesting arrangements and the production values are awesome but the album does nothing for me, sorry.

allegro
02-15-2015, 05:19 PM
I believe that TKOL is primarily an ALBUM, meaning it's intended to be listened to as an album in its entirety. I love it as a car album, especially on long trips or daily long city commutes. It did not leave the CD player in my car for about 4 months.

Space Suicide
02-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Then maybe I'll give the turd another listen then if that's what its intention is.

implanted_microchip
02-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Then maybe I'll give the turd another listen then if that's what its intention is.

I get that you don't like it and as I said that's fair but you keep constantly insulting it as if your distaste for it means it is just objectively bad. It's not. If we were talking about a Nickelback album and you called it a turd I think no one here would complain at all but the technical prowess, mixing, arrangements and bare minimum approach to TKoL is pretty great. It may not be your style or your jam but I just don't see why you're being so aggressive about it? You're usually someone whose posts I love seeing, too, so it's surprising, and I don't think intentional, but you're coming off as if you think your opinion is worth more.

If you really hate it, don't worry about it. There's a ton of music you'll never hear in your life, may as well not waste it on things you're set in opinion on. But don't discredit it for everyone else.

Space Suicide
02-15-2015, 05:49 PM
I get that you don't like it and as I said that's fair but you keep constantly insulting it as if your distaste for it means it is just objectively bad. It's not. If we were talking about a Nickelback album and you called it a turd I think no one here would complain at all but the technical prowess, mixing, arrangements and bare minimum approach to TKoL is pretty great. It may not be your style or your jam but I just don't see why you're being so aggressive about it? You're usually someone whose posts I love seeing, too, so it's surprising, and I don't think intentional, but you're coming off as if you think your opinion is worth more.

If you really hate it, don't worry about it. There's a ton of music you'll never hear in your life, may as well not waste it on things you're set in opinion on. But don't discredit it for everyone else.

Don't know how you're getting that from my words, they're not any different than usual. Maybe since I'm using some creative words?

I might be seen as more aggressive as I genuinely love and care for the band's work. Maybe since it really does pain me that this has been the last piece of work that the band has created in almost 5 years (2016 marks 5 years since release) and it was a complete flop to me initially (and probably still will be) and I never saw a reason to revisit it; after such promise of In Rainbows direction this took a curve ball and a southward bound trip to hell for me. It just left me flabbergasted and still does. The lack of any real news or new music just makes me that more sour about it.

My opinion isn't worth more than anyone else's, never was and never will be. Never really meant to indicate that in the slightest.

Call me when more album news drops. I'd be the first to chime in and post.

implanted_microchip
02-15-2015, 05:55 PM
Space Suicide it's all good man, sorry if I misinterpreted.

It was a bit between In Rainbows and TKoL as well and Thom has had a massive level of side projects going on. It's still not Tool-level though and the full band is clearly interested in making a new record and have already worked on it. How much, who knows, but I definitely would expect it next year if not late this year.

thevoid99
02-15-2015, 06:59 PM
I haven't really listened to TKoL very much. Maybe a few times when it came out but it never clicked with me for some reason as other albums did in the past. I just couldn't get into it. For me, the band's run from The Bends to In Rainbows is in my opinion in par with the great streak of albums by artists such as 1970s-era David Bowie and everything Zeppelin did from the first album to Physical Graffiti. I just hope the new Radiohead album is a return to more simpler times and not the overt-experimentation of the last album.

allegro
02-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Don't know how you're getting that from my words, they're not any different than usual. Maybe since I'm using some creative words?
I dunno, I just thought you were being funny. At least you're gonna give it another try AS AN ALBUM ;)

Space Suicide
02-15-2015, 07:49 PM
I dunno, I just thought you were being funny. At least you're gonna give it another try AS AN ALBUM ;)

With the turd comment I was being facetious so there's that. :p

allegro
02-15-2015, 07:50 PM
With the turd comment I was being facetious so there's that. :p
Fecetious? LOL.

Dr Channard
02-15-2015, 09:58 PM
I’m in the yea camp with In Rainbows, and in the nay camp with The King of Limbs. I’ve given TKoL maybe 5 or 6 complete listens over the years, and unfortunately it is never not a chore for me to get through the whole thing. Here’s to hoping their next album isn’t lost on me.

botley
02-16-2015, 11:07 AM
Okay guys, sorry. Radiohead will do what you want next time

henryeatscereal
02-16-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't want them to do "what i want" next time; god knows they went their own way after "Kid A" and it was a good career move back then, they "changed" but they made me care even more for the band. "King of Limbs" failed to grab me, this has nothing to do with the musical direction or "what i expected from the band", i just did not cared for (almost) any of the songs and i got bored to death with it, i loved "In Rainbows" don't know what happened there...

botley
02-16-2015, 11:54 AM
They did something they liked and you didn't. That's what happened.