PDA

View Full Version : Device...Disturbed with keyboards!

bobbie solo
04-29-2013, 02:11 AM
god Dave Draiman is such an utter asshole. Be prepared for yet another garbage cover of one of Trent's classics.

http://youtu.be/9UiwBklFO5Q

I refuse to link to any of Device's own "music".

richardp
04-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Not even touching on how godawful that sounded, but good lord could the dude from Disturbed have been phoning it in any harder? I could just feel his "I don't want to fucking be here" vibes oozing out of that thick bald ass head of his like there was no tomorrow.

ghostaustin
04-29-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm not at all a fan of Distrubed or whatever crap this dude is pumping out these days, but I've heard way more unlistenable covers of this song

"...so that when we come back, we'll make twice as much money off of you people"

heavenly_bearded
04-29-2013, 10:23 AM
2 words come to mind.

Injustice

BLASPHAMY

Burn in hell David Draiman - Go back to singing like a monkey on your local rock station for all the teenyboppers and leave the greats alone

I actually made it through that whole video, the barking at the end really bothered me. Sorry if anyone here is a fan of these guys, but I highly doubt it.

thefragile_jake
04-29-2013, 10:39 AM
God, it's like every band in the world likes to cover "Wish". I mean sure, the punk beat gets me pretty excited and pumped too but jesus....

staleincense
04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
I actually thought the studio version was alright, but that live recording really sucked.

Clownboat
04-29-2013, 02:02 PM
This is so adorable how cute

Conan The Barbarian
04-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I still say behemoths cover of wish is the best one out there .

heavenly_bearded
04-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I still say behemoths cover of wish is the best one out there .

Nay, Dillinger Escape Plan... Beauty in chaos

SM Rollinger
04-29-2013, 03:29 PM
Garbage, this is crap. No different than Disturbed, just more keyboards.

My local radio station introduced Device as "David Draman's new industrial project." Industrial? the fuck? I bet he has never even heard a Front 242 song in his(DD) life.

If I was gona cover a NIN song, id do something like Happiness in Slavery, Ruiner or Sanctified. (thank goodness he dint decide to butcher one of those tracks)

DVYDRNS
04-29-2013, 03:33 PM
well I'm killing myself now. thanks.

voidnz
04-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Trent's got like 7 year son him and has 100 times his energy on stage.

Virus is pretty cool. Nothing else about the band appeals to me.

What's with it being a 2 piece band. I don't even see keyboards. It's all just premade shit pumped out with no live element at all.

Fangster_
04-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I didn't completely hate the studio version, but this just pisses me off. His mannerism and output is that of a drunken old man doing awkward karaoke. Reminds of the latest Manson live clips I've seen, just embarassing.

SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY
04-29-2013, 05:48 PM
This guy is such a fucktard. What is the point of calling this industrial? I can't believe Geezer Butler played on this turd. Poop, shit, excrement, Fail, fecal matter, all of the above. Die please. Ewww Whhaaa AAA AAA AAAA! Call me dude if you run out of song title ideas. Here are a few just to prove I am not joking: Mortify, acidify, dignify, transmogrify and there are PLENTY where that comes from!

P.S. The Ozzy/Lita Ford cover is terrible also!

bobbie solo
04-29-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm so happy to come back to this thread a day later and see all this.What horrible thing should we all together pray happens to Draiman?

richardp
04-29-2013, 09:57 PM
I can't believe Geezer Butler played on this turd.

Well hey I'd bust out a couple of quick half assed licks for a fuck-ton of money, too.

staleincense
04-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Garbage, this is crap. No different than Disturbed, just more keyboards.

My local radio station introduced Device as "David Draman's new industrial project." Industrial? the fuck? I bet he has never even heard a Front 242 song in his(DD) life.

If I was gona cover a NIN song, id do something like Happiness in Slavery, Ruiner or Sanctified. (thank goodness he dint decide to butcher one of those tracks)
Does anyone else hate how literally just about any metal w/ keyboards/synths is called "industrial"? Does anyone even know what industrial means anymore? I mean, it's been stretched so far to the point that the term is now completely useless.

Bill Ulsh
09-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Well I do happen to be a fan of Disturbed, but NOT Device.
I just checked out the album even after reading horrible reviews on it
out of shear morbid curiosity. Draiman was so good with Disturbed but,
Device is just all over the place.

Bill Ulsh
09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Does anyone else hate how literally just about any metal w/ keyboards/synths is called "industrial"? Does anyone even know what industrial means anymore? I mean, it's been stretched so far to the point that the term is now completely useless. metal w/ keyboards is electronic rock / metal NOT industrial. Industrial is tape loops, samples, nightmarish pounding beats AND heavy guitars and synths. People really need to know the difference. other terms that've been stretched out to not meaning the same thing anymore: indie, and alternative. and then there's those that don't know the difference between alternative, grunge, and post grunge. but Device is just scatterbrained Disturbed. Speaking of which I had to listen to "The Sickness" and "Ten Thousand Fists" just to try and get that album off my mind.

Bill Ulsh
09-21-2013, 07:08 PM
god Dave Draiman is such an utter asshole. Be prepared for yet another garbage cover of one of Trent's classics.

http://youtu.be/9UiwBklFO5Q

I refuse to link to any of Device's own "music".

Just curious How drunk was He. I mean the studio version wasn't bad,
Although kind of an odd song choice for draiman given his track record of cover songs.
IDK I just never him pegged for doing NIN songs and Now I can see why.
He should really stick to the 80's pop songs he's known for making Metal (or whatever it is You wanna Disturbed)
:confused:

Roderick
09-21-2013, 07:56 PM
oo wa a a a
that performance seriously had no energy

slave2thewage
09-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Ugh, David Draiman is such an asshat.

Space Suicide
09-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Watching that video was a joke. He stood around and walked a few paces back and forth. Lame.

thevoid99
09-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Agreed.

Did anyone else read that open letter he wrote to Rolling Stone when they put that Boston bomber pudwhack on the cover? He even sounded generic in his tirade. This guy and his lame "Ooh-wah-ah-ah-ah" vocal tic have never impressed me for a second.

I thought he said ooh-wocca-wocca. He ripped off Fozzie. Fozzie should sue!!!

Space Suicide
09-21-2013, 11:34 PM
I thought he said ooh-wocca-wocca. He ripped off Fozzie. Fozzie should sue!!!

I don't know why but that just made me laugh so hard.

ChasingTheGhost
09-22-2013, 12:51 AM
They dropped out a festival I'm going to tomorrow... After seeing that, I'm jumping with joy.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-22-2013, 01:26 AM
Ugh... He has some of the worst stage presence ever. It's like he is sucking the life out of the cover itself. The only material I ever appreciated from Disturbed was "Believe". Man, what a great album. But Device and this rubbish.... No.

staleincense
09-22-2013, 11:08 AM
metal w/ keyboards is electronic rock / metal NOT industrial. Industrial is tape loops, samples, nightmarish pounding beats AND heavy guitars and synths. People really need to know the difference. other terms that've been stretched out to not meaning the same thing anymore: indie, and alternative. and then there's those that don't know the difference between alternative, grunge, and post grunge. but Device is just scatterbrained Disturbed. Speaking of which I had to listen to "The Sickness" and "Ten Thousand Fists" just to try and get that album off my mind.
Exactly, I'll never understand why electronic rock isn't a more widely used term, it's way more useful than "alternative", and it actually summarizes what the music is fairly well. At least with metal, there's a widely-used term for fusing electronic music with it (industrial metal), even if it is inaccurate.

Demogorgon
09-22-2013, 01:21 PM
not to derail the thread too far off topic, but the whole genre universe right now is getting completely ridiculous. sub genres have sub genres that have THEIR OWN sub genres. i had a hell of a time trying to attatch a genre to my own music when i started posting it online, as there's only a limited list to choose from usually. i eventually settled on "indietronic", which is a strange term, but from listening to other bands with the same title, it fit the best. i used to just call it electronic, but people would always confuse it with dance music and it would get mislabled and unlistened to. point being, there are too many genres; whatever happened to Pop, Rock, Metal, Hip-Hop, and Alternative? the big five, right there, or so it seemed back in the 90's.

aggroculture
09-22-2013, 01:35 PM
We have a shit on music thread.