PDA

View Full Version : Korn

Pages : [1] 2 3

Malechite
11-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Like some of you who wont admit it, I listened to Korn back in high school (pretty much just Follow the Leader) but nothing really interesting came out since.

Their new dubstep-ish album just leaked and well... out of curiosity, I am about to listen to it. :rolleyes:

ManBurning
11-29-2011, 10:45 AM
I'll give it a chance...
Everything after follow the leader, with a few exceptions from "Issues" has been pure garbage.

But I think this is exactly what they needed for their career, to change their sound up, they've been doing the same thing for way too long.

ltrandazzo
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Follow the Leader and Issues were awesome back in high school. I liked Untouchables as well, but tuned out when Mirror came out. I just kind of grew out of it.

I'll give the dub-step album a listen out of curiousity.

Malechite
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I'll give the dub-step album a listen out of curiousity.

Here are my initial thoughts: I put the album on while I was at work, coding. It sort of went right through one ear and out the other, but nothing annoyed me enough to click next... and then the album was over. There wasn't anything too memorable, but it wasn't bad.

BenAkenobi
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
probably for a year or so i sometimes think i want to spin an album of theirs, i go to my shelf with cds and my hand consistently grabs some other cd

Malechite
11-29-2011, 12:54 PM
i go to my shelf with cds and my hand consistently grabs some other cd

Thats just a metaphor for scrolling through your music library right?.....right?

BenAkenobi
11-29-2011, 01:12 PM
.....right?

some music doesn't stay constantly on HDD, i thought it was natural :-| then i might add, computer isn't my main hi-fi transport.

wizfan
11-29-2011, 04:29 PM
I liked it. It had some enjoyable moments. Plus, "Narcissistic Cannibal" is really addictive. I'm listening to SYOTOS right now and it kind of reminds me of the new album.

Malechite
11-29-2011, 04:57 PM
"Narcissistic Cannibal"

Yep. I listened to the album a couple times now and whenever that one came on i perked up and was like "yeeeeah!"

ManBurning
11-30-2011, 12:20 AM
I put the album on my ipod for my trek to work, which is about a half hour. After 6 songs that all blended together I decided "That's enough dubstep KoRn" and went back to other stuff.

Not that it's terrible, but it just all sounds the same, as stated above, nothing really stands out. An EP of 6 songs would have been enough, you don't need that much KoRn dubstep.

steelnails95
11-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Im Lovin "Lets Go"

Ken
11-30-2011, 10:18 PM

Torgo
11-30-2011, 10:48 PM
I've always liked his voice, but I think the new album is... interesting. It has it's moments - but I'm not a huge dubstep fan. I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.

LaneSax
11-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.
over the years, I find myself still craving Untouchables but not their other albums as much. Underrated album.

Halo Infinity
12-01-2011, 12:10 AM
I watched 'Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery' last night. In my opinion, it's the greatest thing they've ever done.

That was actually one of my favorite episodes of South Park. I was happy to see Korn make an appearance on South Park because they really were my most favorite band at the time. I'm also a huge fan of South Park, so that also helped.

I also used to listen to Korn a lot during junior high school and high school as well. My actual favorite albums by Korn will always be Korn through Issues. I also ended up liking most of Untouchables and Take a Look in the Mirror. As for Korn's DVDs, Deuce was and still has been my favorite Korn DVD so far. I just really miss Korn without Brian Welch and David Silveria though.

aggroculture
12-01-2011, 08:00 AM
I saw their live show a couple of weeks ago and it was absolutely terrible.
DOPE DOD were OK, a Dutch hip-hop trio. Then one after the other, two dubstep DJs came on (Datsik and Downlink), and bored the audience to tears. People were standing around, texting and chatting, then they started chanting "We want Korn! We want Korn!". Datsik acknowledged this, but rather than cut his set short as you'd expect when the whole fucking venue is against you, he played another five boring-ass songs.
Then Korn came on...and played more dubstep.
The whole thing was so clueless and inept, it was depressing.
Will check out the album upon release but I'm not expecting much.

Piko
12-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I've always liked his voice, but I think the new album is... interesting. It has it's moments - but I'm not a huge dubstep fan. I'm definitely more of a fan of their 'Untouchables' type music.

I have a hard time listening to that album. I find his voice to be very annoying on some of those songs. The high notes make me cringe everytime. As for the new album - I like it. But I could do without some songs though. Let's go and Way Too Far are pretty good.

jrdsctt
12-01-2011, 12:45 PM
I was a huge KoRn fan back in high school, but they have been flying down the shit hole since Untouchables in my opinion. I downloaded the Dubstep album yesterday, I am very interested in what it's going to sound like. They used to have an extremely bass heavy sound, perhaps going in this direction will be help them get on the right track again.

laci
12-13-2011, 04:08 AM
I'm selling my two DVD singles (Here to Stay & Thoughtless), both released in 2002 in the UK.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250953681768#ht_500wt_1034

carpenoctem
12-13-2011, 04:39 PM
My friend recently had me listen to Narcissistic Cannibal and said confidently, "This is the future of music." I thought... "Really?" I like that they're trying something new, and I somewhat like the dubstep sound, but I'm just so over these guys. The YouTube comments are pretty hilarious, though.

jrdsctt
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Thoughts after hearing the dubstep album: meh.

Jinsai
12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Korn get political (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70099.html)

Highly Psychological
12-14-2011, 01:58 AM
Im not slagging off Korn because i still think a lot of their stuff sounds great for what it is. But I find them as people weird,*Jonathan*Davis is weird not in a good way. Its like they are eternally 16 years old. Nasty, Pervy, Ugly, Angsty, Dope Smoking, Skateboarding Californian teens, in their outlook on everything. But its like *not a joke and they behave that way for real, its weird. They dont seem to be able to evolve as people, or a band, maybe they lost interest. They just seem like really thick unintelligent men.
And they created a place in the industry where people like Fred Durst and Crazy Town could sell a lot of records.*

But Korn as a band really worked for a few years. Simple formula which they did very well, songs like Shoots and Laders and Clown, can really feel his torment. And as a band they were tight as fuck. I think a big reason why they did what they did so well was Ross Robinsons production. All of those first few records sound really good. *Freak on a Leash still gets me going.*

But the type of band Korn were only works for a few years to a certain group of people, its like they found their demographic and did not want to change their style incase of loosing record sales. *And they could not be bothered to experiment untill now 15 years on with so called *'Dubstep'.
I always thought they were a band that were going to go to really interesting places and turn into something like Ministry. but they never did they just did the same thing till it looked ridiculous.*
And i doubt this record will be any good they are too obsessed with money to do anything too radical.*

BenAkenobi
12-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Highly Psychological wrote:
I think a big reason why they did what they did so well was Ross Robinsons production.

and nonetheless, see what a disaster was the 2010 album with same producer. haven't heard the new endeavour yet, not planning to

jrdsctt
12-14-2011, 09:31 AM

I used to have a lot of respect for JD, but this is just fucking dumb.

westost
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM

I feel like Obama’s an Illuminati puppet. He’s basically dragged this country down into the worst it’s ever been. Like I say about the White House (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/whitehouse), ‘You’ve built this house of shame.’ Everybody looked up at the White House and America and now I think it’s like a house of shame. I miss the old days when people were proud to be American.

That's the fucking dumbest thing I've heard someone say in a while.

jrdsctt
12-14-2011, 10:57 AM
If you skip to 4:34 there is a clip of JD talking about is Illuminati bullshit:

http://video.billboard.com/services/player/bcpid1305548592001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEMcC3Y~,NII8yi9 nN4z-si-by2OAdzU95hiXdsdN&bctid=1309406910001http://video.billboard.com/services/player/bcpid1305548592001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAEMcC3Y~,NII8yi9 nN4z-si-by2OAdzU95hiXdsdN&bctid=1309406910001

poinoup
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168358

They've filmed a Wal-Mart commercial? Weird shit...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/ex-korn_guitarist_open_to_reunion.html

And Head wants back in the band. I guess that solo career bombed like we all thought it would.

Kid Charlemagne
01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
If anyone hasn't watched the Metal Evolution episode about nu-metal, it's a decent watch. I had little respect for JD going into it and now it's all gone. Mainly because he shifts all the Woodstock '99 and decline of the genre to Fred Durst. Granted Durst is no angel and Limp were one of the worst bands in the past two decades, but seeing Jonathan take no responsibility for bands like his was pretty strange. After all, JD is the reason Limp was brought into the mainstream.

thevoid99
01-17-2012, 01:06 PM
I thought that was pretty good episode. Much better than the one on grunge. Still, I hate Fred Durst and Limp Bizkit. Yet, I'm starting to hate Jonathan Davis more because he introduced the world to that shit band which led to the arrival of fuckin' Linkin Park.

BTW, I finally heard that new Korn track on the radio and it is fucking shit.

aggroculture
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
The new album has a couple of decent tracks (the Skrillex ones) and bonus track Fuels the Comedy has a bit of bite to it. For the rest, the album is pretty boring and nondescript.
I think it'd be a good idea to get Head back in the band: this band haven't had any riffs since he left.
I think Ray Luzier is a horrible drummer however, completely unsuitable for Korn. Frankly I'd rather JD just go off and do a solo career, rather that continue to drag down the band's name with mediocre or off-target releases like the last 2 or 3 have been. Come back when you have a clue.
They're always in such a rush to put new product out, they just seem unable to take a breather and figure out what the hell they're doing.

Pillfred
01-17-2012, 01:53 PM
I couldn't agree more about their drummer.

Gloris
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
just heard the new album, and i kinda like it.....i've never heard of this "dubstep" thing before, so i don't know what it means, or what defines it as such....but this album to me has an almost Y34R Z3R0 sound to it....going to see them in Brixton next month...hopefully they'll still do some of the old stuff too tho?

I think they seem to get a lot of flac for their albums never living up to expectations or not being what "korn" should sound like etc.....personally i LOVED that untitled album, and Korn III wasn't half bad either. both these albums beat this shit out of life is peachy for me...

Space Suicide
02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
just heard the new album, and i kinda like it.....i've never heard of this "dubstep" thing before, so i don't know what it means, or what defines it as such....but this album to me has an almost Y34R Z3R0 sound to it....going to see them in Brixton next month...hopefully they'll still do some of the old stuff too tho?

I think they seem to get a lot of flac for their albums never living up to expectations or not being what "korn" should sound like etc.....personally i LOVED that untitled album, and Korn III wasn't half bad either. both these albums beat this shit out of life is peachy for me...

Beat Life is Peachy? Their self titled and Life is Peachy are their magnum opuses to me.

Conan The Barbarian
02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I dont understand why Life Is Peachy get so much shit.

Gloris
02-07-2012, 02:34 AM
self titled (first) album is a masterpiece, no dispute there....but to me, life is peachy just seems to be lacking somewhere....it' one of those albums I listened to endlessly when i was in secondary school, but now that i've grown older, i don't really know why....it's really not got much going for it in my opinion....they've far surpassed it with almost every other album they've ever made. When you're younger i guess things like twist etc sound "cool" because they're so different and extreme, but now that i'm older, I feel like they have done so much MORE, musically....they've just GROWN so much and developed into something more defined.

danebraddy
02-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I still love their first two albums, they were so raw and felt so...real?
Follow the Leader had moments, but All in the Family and even Children of the Korn bring it down a bit... (My Gift to You is still fucking epic).

Issue was OK and in retrospect was a lot better than what I or anyone else gave it credit for at the time, but after that they fell into a rut where every song needed to sound "epic" - it was all over produced and boring.
When I heard about this new album I listened to "Get Up" - and while it's catchy and would be awesome if it was a remix, seeing as it's the vibe of the new album it feels so...cynical... a band that lost it's relevance nearly ten years ago does an album with the style of the latest, overused fad? and I'm not meant to think they left their 'integrity' at the door?

I was hoping that someone like Rick Rubin would lock them in a room as a four piece and just make them write 'live' songs, no using 30 voices on the chorus, no synths - just a distortion pedal for the guitars...

An after reading that Illuminati crap it even tarnishes the memory and respect I have for the first two albums...

IMO they should retire KoRn and use a different name until they rediscover why people found them interesting in the first place...

Deepvoid
02-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Llife is Peach was kinda boring. S/T is what made Korn.

I personally thought that Follow The Leader is their best sounding album. Yes, it established Korn as a mainstream act but doesn't change its production values.

burninglard
02-07-2012, 11:45 AM
I am a life long korn fan. Hell, I have a couple of tats of their album covers. I have always enjoyed the music they put out. I even like most of the new album. But the guys are completely loosing touch with what made them sound fresh and new.
I think its funny they think dubstep is this new and groundbreaking genre. Maybe at one time, but now in is just a trend and watered down garbage. They are starting to say some stupid stuff even IMO. I hope the next album they really experiment and just listen to the 4 of themselves. Don't let any producers, labels or trends effect what they want to accomplish.

Space Suicide
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Llife is Peach was kinda boring. S/T is what made Korn.

I personally thought that Follow The Leader is their best sounding album. Yes, it established Korn as a mainstream act but doesn't change its production values.

I really don't care for Follow The Leader at all, minus perhaps 3 or 4 songs at most. Issues is a way better album.

thevoid99
02-07-2012, 08:53 PM
I still think their first album is the best while I liked everything they did up till Issues which was an all right album. Untouchables had a few good tracks on it but a lot of it I found to be unmemorable. Everything else after that was shit. The band needs to just quit for good.

Gloris
03-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Saw them at Brixton Academy last night and absolutely loved it!

Didn't really get the whole J-Devil thing though, I think he should stick to Korn, but hey, at least he's not afraid to try something new. I was also a little surprised at how much I was getting into the support act (downlink).

As for Korn themselves....brilliant, played a few classics from the first 2 albums (predictable, shoots and ladders, no place to hide, good god) and all the decent tracks from the new album, as well as the usual crowd pleasers like falling away from me etc...

The band were on top form I thought, I had so much fun!

Anyone else from the UK see them last night?

peter
03-27-2012, 07:08 AM
I still think their first album is the best while I liked everything they did up till Issues which was an all right album. Untouchables had a few good tracks on it but a lot of it I found to be unmemorable. Everything else after that was shit. The band needs to just quit for good. This, this, this.

Deep down there is hidden a little glimpse of hope that they might one day get Head back, get rid of that god-awful drummer and make one last badass record. But in reality, this won't happen. In reality, there will be an "S&M"-type record for sure, there will be a back to the roots hiphop record, there will be a record full of coversongs of cheesy 80s pop stuff, there will be irrelevant side projects.

aggroculture
03-27-2012, 08:12 AM
there will be a back to the roots hiphop record.

That would be good. I think part of why Korn sucks so much these days is that they've completely forgotten hip hop.

Saw them at Brixton Academy last night and absolutely loved it!

As for Korn themselves....brilliant...

The band were on top form I thought, I had so much fun!

Do you work for Roadrunner Records? I've been seeing Korn shows since the mid 90s and though I did not see the show you refer to, I saw them late last year in NYC and it was one of the worst shows I've been to. Obviously gig enjoyment is subjective and I am glad you had a good time...but I find it very very hard to believe they are "on top form." On the contrary I'd argue the new dubstep live show sucks out most of what made Korn great.

BenAkenobi
03-27-2012, 08:35 AM
peter:
...there will be a record full of coversongs of cheesy 80s pop stuff...

one of which is nin song, no more, no less :) perhaps the longer it stays unreleased, the better

mfte
03-28-2012, 07:17 AM
DAvid Silvera arrested for DUI. He is also in this band now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFhKO7FQH6g

Gloris
03-30-2012, 04:21 PM
ha ha, no i don't work for the record company lol....I just genuinely enjoyed the gig...one of the best I've been to.

I think that, as with many bands, too many people get caught up in an "ideal" about what the band "should" sound like.....which seems kinda silly to me. Korn are a band that are constantly evolving their sound. I used to be narrow minded too and thought that anything after the first two albums that a band creates is by default not their "true" sound....in reality, people change, bands grow into themselves and adapt to the times, and that's exactly what Korn are doing. With each album they release, they try something slightly different, and I find that refreshing.

But yeh, anyways, thoroughly enjoyed the night, the band got the crowd going and played a nice range of songs....absolutely loved it!

october_midnight
04-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Apparently hanging out with Skrillex and rocking the grill means anyone can start doing shitty dubstep. I introduce 'J Devil'. (http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-jonathan-davis-of-korn-introduces-j-devil/9867900)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2617/img7940m.jpg

Fuck me he looks ridiculous.

Kid Charlemagne
04-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Ridiculous is the fact that they played San Antonio earlier in the year and charged $40 a pop for a ticket, they're coming back in two weeks and tickets for this show are...$5. It's a matter of time before they start doing the county fair circuit.

ghostaustin
04-12-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm sure the whole dubstep album thing was a better idea when they first started recording it, but it blew up by the time they released it. Personally, I thought it was one of their better albums in recent years.

I think where they really went by the wayside was with Take A Look In The Mirror. In all of the interviews they kept saying they were going "back to their roots" and they made an album based on what they thought their fans wanted to hear, and it suffered in quality because of that. Untouchables seems to me to be the last album where Davis was genuine about what he was writing and not just re-hashing the same "stop picking on me dude, seriously" lyrics. It even ends with the line "I know it's time to leave these places far behind" which showed that he was aware that he needed to write about something else. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything else to write about =/

carpenoctem
04-12-2012, 02:05 PM
I had a friend play me the first single off the new album. He said, "This is the future of music right here." If so, I think I'd be fine with the world ending in December.

bobbie solo
04-15-2012, 05:23 AM
stop talking to that friend.

also, Jonathan Davis: STOP IT U DINGLEBERRY. YOU'RE A MIDDLE-AGED MAN....ENOUGH.

peter
05-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Head koined Korn on stage at a recent concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jFb01iRUh-I

There isnt much about Korn that excites me anymore, after Untouchables I stopped caring, but this has me genuinely interested as I think they lost most of their creativity with his departure.

Space Suicide
05-06-2012, 01:35 PM
That was a cool reunion right there!

everythingandnothing
05-07-2012, 03:23 AM
Yes! I'm so so happy that happened. Let's hope in time he will come back full time.

LaneSax
02-02-2013, 03:54 AM
anyone get Love and Death's new album?

Must say the first 5 tracks are pretty good and an overall good effort
Not enjoyed a recent KoRn album as much as this.

aggroculture
02-02-2013, 09:52 AM
The first single/video is awful, that chorus so cringeworthy...Master master? Yeah whatever Head. Whatever.

so no, I'm not that motivated to check out the album. Does the rest of it follow that djent/emo template?

poinoup
02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Not digging that Love and Death effort at all. I agree with aggro that the video and single is awful. Why is Head always chained up or tired up in all his videos?

But lyrically he's better than:

Flush!
All the puke I'm throwing up
In the toilet, this sucks

More of the same old shit...

darkjuice
02-20-2013, 04:29 AM
Well, no one made a thread for this, and I'm expecting the worst... However, even through everything, they're still my favorite band. Especially with the recent events of Head joining for tours!;)

aggroculture
02-20-2013, 05:25 AM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/158-Korn?highlight=korn
Lock it up. Both of them I mean ;)

PhoenixML
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
I found this on wiki : Untouchables received positive reviews from critics and is often regarded as one of Korn's best works.

My question: really?? I mean... REALLY?

I love wiki.

Space Suicide
05-22-2013, 04:10 PM
For some reason people love that album. I think it's garbage minus Thoughtless and Here To Stay, honestly.

aggroculture
05-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Yes, it was overproduced crap for the most part. In addition to those two songs, I also like Hollow Life, it has something of a Deadsy vibe, and Embrace, one of Korn's hidden heavy groove jems (see also: Reclaim my Place on Follow the Leader)
I'll check out the new album, but my expectations are very low.
That Korn III album was so bad, and the dubstep one even worse.

spiralout
05-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Is it weird that Untouchables is what got me into Korn? Idk I always enjoyed that album.

Anyway, Head is back in the band full time and apparently they have a new album already recorded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYfbaV3q-N0

I'm interested. Can't be any worse than their last 2 albums.

Piko
05-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I actually didn't mind the Untitled one. The other stuff is very hit or miss, mostly miss. I'm curious if Head can really put this band back on track. They've been in shambles ever since he left. Untouchables is my least favorite album, but it still runs circles around the stuff 2005-onward. Plus, if you've listened to Love and Death (which I finally got around to hearing this week), and his solo album, he definitely took the creativity along with him.

Ripe(withdecay)
05-22-2013, 09:29 PM
I just started listening to Korn again, Untitled is my favorite album. I'm happy that Head is back in the band and hopefully the new album will be heavy.

Piko
05-22-2013, 09:50 PM
I just hope it's good and not forced.

aggroculture
06-19-2013, 08:28 PM
In preparation for the new Korn album, I got the Love and Death album.
It's more enjoyable than I was expecting, both heavier and closer to the original Korn sound than Korn's last two albums. It also makes me hope good things for the new Korn: my only worry is Ray Luzier. Hopefully Don Gilmore will rein him in a little.

Piko
06-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm not too worried about Ray. Seems perfectly capable. It's the main songwriting that will really make or break this album. And I finally got around to listening to Love and Death recently as well. It's good. It has that old korn vibe, but also moves into uncharted territories with melodies and other directions. I'm optimistic.

LaneSax
06-24-2013, 10:47 PM
looks like Sept 24th is gonna be the release date for the new one!

Hope the great year of music so far will continue with KoRn.

LaneSax
07-09-2013, 10:18 PM
looks like October 1st is the finalised date for the new one, titled "The Paradigm Shift"

LaneSax
07-26-2013, 10:55 PM
tracklist and artwork for "The Paradigm Shift"

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/kornparadigmnew.jpg

01. Prey For Me
02. Love & Meth
03. What We Do
04. Spike In My Veins
05. Mass Hysteria
06. Paranoid And Aroused
07. Never Never
08. Punishment Time
09. Lullaby For A Sadist
10. Victimized
11. It's All Wrong
12. Wish I Wasn’t Born Today (bonus track on deluxe edition)
13. Tell Me What You Want (bonus track on deluxe edition)

Space Suicide
07-26-2013, 11:00 PM
The artwork looks neat. Hasn't been any worthwhile artwork since Untitled came out.

spiralout
07-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Cover art is pretty cool, glad there's no kids or teddy bear type things on it. Looking forward to the first single.

LaneSax
07-27-2013, 03:44 AM
artwork kinda gives me an Orgy vibe for some reason...

aggroculture
08-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Maybe this should be in the shit on music thread: http://kornkoverage.tumblr.com

Space Suicide
08-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Maybe this should be in the shit on music thread: http://kornkoverage.tumblr.com

Unsure about that but this is pretty bad.

Piko
08-07-2013, 10:01 PM
It's not that bad. But then again, after the last few albums, the bar isn't exactly high. In one of those posts, though, Head wasn't exactly positive about the single, but was optimistic about the rest if that helps any. But I don't think it's awful by any means. Nothing amazing either.

ManBurning
08-08-2013, 01:44 AM
wow, this is awful... This sounds nothing like KoRn at all... Head comes back and this is what they come up with??

I may be in the minority here, but I actually really enjoyed that dubstep album they released (2 years? ago).
I thought that was a new and refreshing take on KoRn as their albums after issues were all pretty lackluster, and that's no surprise as they pump them out, what, every 1-2 years?

Maximilian
08-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Well, what's wrong with it? Besides that shitty dubstep part, I think it sounds pretty cool.

Space Suicide
08-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Well, what's wrong with it? Besides that shitty dubstep part, I think it sounds pretty cool.

I know this is a gripe of everyone of them for years but this single doesn't sound like Korn. The lyrics are terrible and it's a very bland song all around.

LaneSax
08-08-2013, 07:38 AM
same feelings towards the song. Thought it's exactly how a radio single would sound and not expecting it to reflect the overall album sound.

and yes the dubstep parts are horrible.

Piko
08-08-2013, 07:52 AM
I know this is a gripe of everyone of them for years but this single doesn't sound like Korn. The lyrics are terrible and it's a very bland song all around.

When have they ever been known for their lyrics?

"Clown, you ain't shit. Turn around get your face split".

Maybe you guys were expecting something like the first album. It's different. Their sound needed an overhaul. The song is average, but I give them credit for at least branching out and trying something new (finally, after so many years of rehashing the same old thing).

Only so many times you can try and recreate the first album. That magic is gone. These guys are getting older. They're not the angry kids from Bakersfield anymore. The music should reflect that. Afterall, they have a song called Evolution.

Space Suicide
08-08-2013, 07:58 AM
When have they ever been known for their lyrics?

"Clown, you ain't shit. Turn around get your face split."

I know but once upon a time, Davis' lyrics felt very real and very, very genuine. They seem like a schtick now. He's a rich, successful man now. Not much he can say lyrically will speak volumes of it did in the past.

Evolution was a great song.

Piko
08-08-2013, 08:15 AM
It's definitely schick now. Back then, the lyrics were whatever. It was his delivery that really made it work for him. Eventually, he got sober, and that played a major part in the band's sound imo. That anger/pain is long gone. Pretending it's still there and writing about parasitic friends leeching off of you because you is as lame as it gets. So for them to maybe move past all that, I commend them for that. It's the first radio single though. Those are usually whatever until you hear the full album.

Conan The Barbarian
08-08-2013, 02:32 PM
I think his lyrics are still genuine to his emotions.

I haven't heard the leak so I cannot judge, but I fell off after issues, and I'm not really of fan of issues minus a couple. In fact, I think the one minute interludes were the best part of issues.

BenAkenobi
08-09-2013, 05:13 AM
please tell me the track linked above is a demo, because reunited korn is surely capable of much, much better single

LaneSax
08-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Love and Death's new video. One of the better songs off the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1dd_vq5Tg&feature=youtu.be

thefragile_jake
08-13-2013, 11:01 PM
Heard the first single the other day. I'm not a follower of Korn but I remember them being THE BAND that everyone loved when I was in junior high. As someone who was familiar with their work since their big heyday...it's pretty obvious even as a non fan at how embarrassingly bad this song is.

Everything about it screams plastic. The writing, the production....the entire...awkwardness of it all.

tony.parente
08-14-2013, 11:05 AM
The new track is bad and they should feel bad.
I don't know what happened, but it's so so bad. Holy shit its so bad.

And they were so good.

God.

This is so bad.

spiralout
08-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Heard the new single....what I don't understand is that if they made such a big deal of head coming back, why make this the first release from the new album? Maybe it was the label's decision? But damn....this isn't much of a departure from The Path of Totality. Korn sounds more produced and polished than they ever have....not in a good way. It sounds really fake. Does that make sense? Very disappointing.

LaneSax
08-14-2013, 09:27 PM
bit of a teaser for the new video, Love and Meth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqsXaF1DjuQ

Piko
08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
And my opinion strays further towards "what the fuck?"... Time to put it down. The name may be profitable, but they can't release good albums anymore. Some bands just need to admit it's over. Korn is one of them. Certain bands and genres really have a certain life expectancy. Korn's way past that now. And it's apparent that Head coming back makes no difference.

aggroculture
08-14-2013, 11:39 PM
https://www.facebook.com/david.r.silveria?fref=ts
an interesting read (scroll down for david's long post)

SM Rollinger
08-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Interesting stuff for sure, especially considering i really stopped listening to Korn after Issues. That record really felt like it was being pulled in all sorts of different directions, and the band definitely lost its groove after that.

That and I was old enough to realize Nu Metal sucked anyways.

Piko
08-17-2013, 01:24 AM
I like Issues. Untouchables was the beginning of the end for me. They've been in a rut ever since then. I'm sure the new one will have a couple decent ones though. They always do.

Mark Fraser
08-17-2013, 06:37 PM
IMO, Take Another Look in the Mirror was Korn's best record. It did not chart near as well as the first 3, but it really seemed like they went back to that raw sound that was missing from FTL, Issues and Untouchables. To be honest, I liked pretty much everything they did up until TALITM but after that they seemed to really fall off. Don't get me wrong, they had some decent songs after that but nothing more than that.

With that said, I'll really liking this new song. I know (for a fact) that I would have hated it if I heard it back when I was 14 and first got into Korn so maybe it is because I am getting older, but it has a nice vibe to it.

Space Suicide
08-17-2013, 07:01 PM
IMO, Take Another Look in the Mirror was Korn's best record. It did not chart near as well as the first 3, but it really seemed like they went back to that raw sound that was missing from FTL, Issues and Untouchables. To be honest, I liked pretty much everything they did up until TALITM but after that they seemed to really fall off. Don't get me wrong, they had some decent songs after that but nothing more than that.

With that said, I'll really liking this new song. I know (for a fact) that I would have hated it if I heard it back when I was 14 and first got into Korn so maybe it is because I am getting older, but it has a nice vibe to it.

No, I agree. Take A Look In The Mirror was my first Korn album and it was the last great effort they've done since their relevancy and 90's heyday. I never liked Untouchables and the albums that followed Mirror have paled in comparison. See You On The Other Side and Untitled have some great tracks and artwork but something was and is missing on those albums. Everything else after Untitled has fallen flat and rather meh.

Piko
08-17-2013, 07:56 PM
SYOTOS is easily my least favorite of the lot. Way too overproduced and commercial. Untitled was much, much better than that one AND Remember Who You Are.

Piko
08-18-2013, 04:32 PM
I could care less about whether or not they're nu-metal. It means nothing, and it's just a label that people tack on. For me, it either sucks or it doesn't. I'm not worried what genre they are. More concerned on the shit they keep shoveling out.

Piko
08-19-2013, 10:36 AM
My main gripe are bands promoting albums one way, and the album ending up being the total opposite of that. Korn have been guilty of this since Untouchables.

Untouchables - "this is our heaviest album. Pure death metal". Nope. I'll never forget the online backlash that happened there. And remembering how the leak was longer and better than the official release. That's another story though...

Mark Fraser
08-21-2013, 10:40 AM
My main gripe are bands promoting albums one way, and the album ending up being the total opposite of that. Korn have been guilty of this since Untouchables.

Untouchables - "this is our heaviest album. Pure death metal". Nope. I'll never forget the online backlash that happened there. And remembering how the leak was longer and better than the official release. That's another story though...

I remember that album leaked 4-5 months before it actually came out.

Merriweather
08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
It seems like they've billed every album since Untouchables as going back to their roots.

Piko
08-21-2013, 01:35 PM
It seems like they've billed every album since Untouchables as going back to their roots.

Nah, only twice (so far). Take a Look in the Mirror and Remember Who You Are are their "back to basics" albums. I imagine, that when the new one ends up being a flop as well, they'll go back to basics, again. Maybe the third time's a charm.

tony.parente
08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Nah, only twice (so far). Take a Look in the Mirror and Remember Who You Are are their "back to basics" albums. I imagine, that when the new one ends up being a flop as well, they'll go back to basics, again. Maybe the third time's a charm.
Maybe David will come back (if they allow him to), kick out all the producers, and start writing good albums again.

spiralout
08-21-2013, 05:02 PM
http://loudwire.com/heads-korner-korn-crushing-new-song-clip-head-chats-with-munky-jonathan/

Contains a clip from Love & Meth. Sounds waaaay better than Never Never. Has an Untouchables vibe to it.

LaneSax
08-22-2013, 12:27 AM
thanks for posting the clip.
The track at the beginning of the interview sounds good too.

Space Suicide
08-22-2013, 12:37 AM
I actually enjoyed that interview.

LaneSax
09-06-2013, 10:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2D7J_FL_U

spiralout
09-08-2013, 02:07 AM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/new_korn_single_love__meth_leaks_in_full.html?no_t akeover

^^^^Love and Meth^^^^

Piko
09-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Much better. They really need to get away from their pop structured songs though. It gets repetitive to always hear verse/chorus/verse. Especially when you're "not" a pop band. It's like they write the choruses first, then build around them. The choruses are probably their weak points. Everything else is usually fine (sorta). That's the case with this song.

Space Suicide
09-08-2013, 09:12 AM
That song isn't bad in its entirety.

thefragile_jake
09-08-2013, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl2D7J_FL_U

Ugh. I just watched this out of curiosity...I wish I hadn't.

Piko
09-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Ugh. I just watched this out of curiosity...I wish I hadn't.

Yeah, it's pretty bad...

burninglard
09-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Never Never has grown on me, but I still hate the bridge of the song.
That is actually the thing I fell Korn has lacked in the past 4-5 albums is there bridges are terrible, just when a song gets going they ruin it. Or it loses the hook of the song.
Lets face it, even though korn have never been the most complicated band, they use to write a great catchy, riff based song. Now it seems like they can't put a single full song together that does that.
Love and Meth is pretty cool though, I like the drums a lot.
Also the video for Never Never is kind of cool, just it is nothing great either.

Halo Infinity
09-16-2013, 06:30 PM
I don't think this was posted here before, but it mentions Jonathan Davis claiming that he knew Never Never was going to piss a lot of people off.

http://www.theprp.com/2013/08/27/news/korns-jonathan-davis-says-he-knew-never-never-was-going-to-piss-off-a-lot-of-people-speaks-on-detox/

Piko
09-16-2013, 06:48 PM
I'd say that too if I were him... Like someone would actually put out a single to purposely alienate their fanbase. Missed out on that type of marketing strategy.

aggroculture
09-19-2013, 05:14 AM
It's not the worst song ever, but it's still pretty bad. What it is is a slap in the face to old school Korn fans who thought that having Head back in band would bring some of the old school heavy back. It's Korn going "nah-ah," Korn still chasing new and fickle fans, still aching for that radio hit that never comes.

I guess it was obvious all along that's why Don "Linkin Park" Gilmore was brought on board. I guess it was also obvious that returning to their roots (Korn III) was an even worse idea than going dubstep. Anyway, judgement reserved until the album's out, and the rest of the album is a little heavier as the band hints at and second single Love & Death suggests: I'm hoping there are at least a couple of good songs on there. Korn III didn't really have any, but the dubstep one did (the Skrillex collabs and Fuels the Comedy).

Incredible how different Korn and Deftones' trajectory has been: they started in a similar place; Korn is now widely regarded as a joke of metal, a Motley Crue for our times, Deftones are critical darlings, legends, hugely respected and revered.

mfte
09-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Incredible how different Korn and Deftones' trajectory has been: they started in a similar place; Korn is now widely regarded as a joke of metal, a Motley Crue for our times, Deftones are critical darlings, legends, hugely respected and revered.

Having come of age during the rise, reign and fall of nu metal its funny to think how all these bands progressed. Deftones are the only ones that escaped unscathed.... maybe incubus if you can stomach their friendly brand of tampon commercial rock. It always felt like Korn believed the hype of "you guys invented a new genre" and never bothered to get any better at their instruments or their arrangements. Now look at them.

aggroculture
09-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Linkin Park, System of a Down, Disturbed, Slipknot: all these guys have done great, career-wise.
Deftones evolved organically, broadening their sound gradually to span influences from the soft and electronic (The Smiths, Radiohead) to the heavy (Meshuggah, Isis).
Korn dropped members, hired ill-fitting producers, made clumsy stylistic shifts from one album to the other, lost their identity by diversifying too far and too wide. As Deftones spawned community with the whole post-metal scene (Tool, Isis, Pelican), Korn isolated themselves even further, narcissistically cannibalizing their own sound.
Where Deftones' music sounds rife with possibility, well-connected with everyone from Mogwai to Mike Patton to Muse, Korn sound like some obsolete throwback, on their own and endlessly stuck on repeat.
Sadly, JD seems cluelessly unaware of all this.

LaneSax
09-19-2013, 10:24 PM
two new snippets available

http://instagram.com/p/edcbULK--Q/

http://instagram.com/p/edepTGq-xt/

Demogorgon
09-30-2013, 04:36 PM
album leaked today. sounds like a heavier version of Untouchables to me. not the worst thing they've ever done, and i like it better than the last two. i like it much better than the dubstep album. so far "Never, Never" seems to be one of the lightest songs on the album, as far as overall guitar tone and such.

poinoup
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
I gave it a listen today too. Sounds like more of the same old shit. You'd think Head would inject a little more than recycled riffs.

I laughed out loud at the lyrics to some of these tracks (What We Do, Mass Hysteria, Spike in My Veins).

One positive though, was hearing bass(!) on the album, not just clicking, loose strings.

Piko
09-30-2013, 06:33 PM
The guitar seems more like an afterthought behind the keyboards. What's the point of having two guitarists if you're going to have a guy on keyboard playing the parts that could/should be played on guitar? Especially, when this is Head's return album, yet he has to compete with keyboards.

ManBurning
10-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Oh man, i'm having trouble listening to this... Someone is gonna have to pay me to finish this album.

I made it 4 songs in... I can't do anymore. *Throws in the Recycling bin*

I don't think this album is going on anyone's best of 2013 list.

Piko
10-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah, this might be very well be their worst one yet. And, for me to consider SYOTOS to be superior over an album...that says a lot. Plus, while I know it's a synth, it sounds like someone in the background, on the third track, has a wild case of diarrhea. It was like that episode of south park. All I heard was farting.

mfte
10-01-2013, 02:23 PM
So this isnt Korn's best album like Head said on Wikipedia?

Piko
10-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Not quite. Maybe next album when they go back to basics, again. To be fair, though, Head supposedly did very little on Mirror. I could care less about "basics". They need to 1) get away from writing repetitive pop songs and 2) jam out an album like they used to. doesn't have to sound like 90's korn. Just something that's not obvious formulaic pop songs. Every song in the last 10+ years has been Verse/chorus/verse/chorus/refrain/chorus. Lost count on how many choruses there are on each song. It's alot.

poinoup
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Every song in the last 10+ years has been Verse/chorus/verse/chorus/refrain/chorus. Lost count on how many choruses there are on each song. It's alot.

Korn's songs are as formulaic as Linkin Park's.

I give them credit for branching out and trying different things with their albums musically, but it always comes out the same with the same high school drivel coming out of Jon Davis' mouth that was coming out in 2002, in 1999, in 1994. Munky and Head's guitar tones are still stuck in 1994 (look at the new disc and Korn III).

Could Korn ever pull of an album like White Pony?

Plus, if I were Head, and my solo career was going nowhere, I'd rejoin the only band that got me notice too for a nice little paycheck from touring. All his parts are played on synths now anyways...

Piko
10-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Yeah. But, they weren't as formulaic as they are now.

Halo Infinity
10-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Could Korn ever pull of an album like White Pony?
I actually believe that they could be capable of it if they had the motivation and desire to actually pull it off. I'd imagine that they could probably end up with a nice combination of the Life Is Peachy sound with the Issues sound on top of that too. But of course, this is also just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Piko
10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
I suppose it's possible. That would require some effort though. Korn has all of the tools to do something as diverse. I'd be interested in seeing them take a shot at something progressive and conceptual, which I think would be awesome. Write some songs that really go somewhere. Of course, that will probably never happen. Recording just seems like too much of a job for them.

burninglard
10-01-2013, 09:51 PM
You know what I think is the 1 thing I cant stand about JD's vocals now more than anything...
His "death Metal" voice. Just like Al with Ministry, it is fucking cheesy and ruins that part of a song when he does it. It's almost like both Al and JD think "Hey that sounds tough, that sounds evil, Im cool."
Both of them need to cut that shit out! lol

Piko
10-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I don't think there's much they can really do about that. You spend decades screaming on albums, and regular touring, you will sound like that as well. Al's voice is obviously more shot than JD, but he's also in his mid 50s. All things considered, JD took care of his voice pretty well over the years. He obviously can't scream like he used to, so now he growls. My problem with his vocals, isn't so much the growling, but rather the annoying high notes he hits. The high notes and voice effects on partially what ruins Untouchables for me. It's just so unnecessary. Especially when you consider your band "metal".

ZeroSum
10-01-2013, 11:43 PM
This album is good... for Korn. I have never been a big Korn fan- was into Issues a little bit back in high school, but I always knew that they just weren't on the same creative/artistic level as the other bands I was into at the time: NIN, Pumpkins, Tool, Deftones, even Manson. Those bands (excluding most of Manson) are interesting, and genuinely good. I still remain a huge fan of all of them today- they're essentially my all timers that I always go back to, even though my music tastes have broadened tremendously since those days. The poster who commented about how Deftones manage to naturally connect with a number of very diverse artists and Korn doesn't pretty much hit the nail on the head. Korn is knuckle dragging riffs with whiny lyrics and boring song structures. As far as Paradigm Shift goes, I made it through all of it without getting bored, but I probably wont listen to it again. I went through their discography about a year ago and quit most of the albums halfway.

neorev
10-02-2013, 02:00 AM
It scares me to say this... but I actually kinda enjoy this new album.
I know, I think the end of the world is near as well after typing what I just typed.
But I did, I enjoyed it and like the electronics. Glad they didn't go full blown out dubstep against... some elements are there, but much more balanced with the rest of the band.
And to be honest, I haven't enjoyed a Korn album since "Issues."
Every album since then, I was lucky if I even enjoyed one or two tracks from it.
"Untouchables" and "See You On The Other Side" were ehh at best.
"Take A Look In The Mirror," "The Path Of Totality," and especially "Untitled" & "III" were terrible.
The new album is definitely at the top of post-"Issues" Korn.
But the worst part of Korn seems to be Jonathan Davis... his voice has becoming annoying and his lyrical content is atrocious.
This band really needs to sit down with each other before starting the next album and find the band's soul again and push themselves into a much more expansive territory with heart and meaning behind each note and word.
They have just become Korn paint by numbers and I just don't feel that drive in the newer material that was there for the first four albums or so.

aggroculture
10-12-2013, 07:47 PM
The deluxe edition is $20.
The regular edition is $11.
That's $9 for the two "bonus" tracks (and a dvd I'll never watch).
At least Hesitation Marks had a nice big booklet: I don't see anything like this advertised here, and the artwork looks shitty.

And the industry complains that music fans download too much...

spiralout
10-12-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ASIN/B00FI2PI9S?tag=smarturl-20

Super deluxe is $250.

I think the album is okay. I will say it's their best since SYOTOS...which I actually enjoyed. I like the first 3 songs, then the rest just kind of blend together. Pointless synths, not enough guitar weirdness. Jon's cringe worthy lyrics. Lullaby for a sadist could have been a great song if it weren't for JD.

I think these guys could benefit from not releasing an album every other year.

Piko
10-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I might have to say this is one of the worst. Alot of people are considering this an almost "return to form". I don't see it. There's a few decent songs, sure. But as a whole, not that good. And oddly enough, I went back and listened to the other albums. Suddenly, SYOTOS is so bad anymore... Still not feeling Untouchables though.

burninglard
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
The deluxe edition is $20.
The regular edition is $11.
That's $9 for the two "bonus" tracks (and a dvd I'll never watch).
At least Hesitation Marks had a nice big booklet: I don't see anything like this advertised here, and the artwork looks shitty.

And the industry complains that music fans download too much...

Yeah, I only bought the regular edition. Like you said 2 songs and a dvd that I will watch 1 or 2 times isnt worth $9 more.
Overall the album is better than K3 or POT.
I think there are some really solid tunes on here, and only 1 or 2 duds.

BenAkenobi
10-13-2013, 03:51 AM
re: bonus tracks

that's to be expected in this day and age, no? kind of dessert served in the end of the main meal. i found the extra songs on '07 and '10 albums to be better than average, can't speak for more recent releases, not gonna buy anymore

aggroculture
10-13-2013, 06:09 AM
One of the only good tracks on POT was Fuels the Comedy - a bonus track, so maybe these two are also better than most of the album tracks.

I still have yet to hear the new album, but I do feel a bit sad that for the first time I actually find myself despising Korn this time around.

Mutilated
10-13-2013, 06:17 AM
I actually think The Paradigm Shift is pretty awesome, probably the best Korn album since Untouchables. Its full of the epic, chunky riffs Korn specialize in, full of good melodies, no duds. Great album.

Piko
10-13-2013, 09:30 AM
re: bonus tracks

that's to be expected in this day and age, no? kind of dessert served in the end of the main meal. i found the extra songs on '07 and '10 albums to be better than average, can't speak for more recent releases, not gonna buy anymore

Oddly enough, the bonus tracks are usually better. Why they never include them is beyond me. And Fuels the Comedy is an awesome track.

neorev
10-13-2013, 07:41 PM
http://kornrow.com/files/2013/09/1268785_623208514386284_1710263459_o-520x220.jpg

I hate it when artwork is repeated throughout a CD...
and that frigging faces art is repeated not once, not twice, but frigging several times!
What a waste. I hate this artwork.
These bands and labels wanna complain people aren't buying CDs... well here's the problem.
Take some pride and put together a solid product... I'm all about the art and packaging.
But that's just me... but man, do I hate when are is just repeated on the cover, the inside, on the CD, behind the CD... ugh!

aggroculture
10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
Plus, as has been pointed out:
http://saitfainder.altervista.org/tool/files/2010/08/lateralus_inside.jpg

Piko
10-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Lateralus has more going on with the "booklet" though. So comparing the two is a little far fetched.

neorev
10-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Lateralus has more going on with the "booklet" though. So comparing the two is a little far fetched.
Yeah, I can't see comparing the two either... the Lateralus artwork was a layer page by page wasn't it? I don't remember any repetition.
Each page was see-through and when closed created the complete picture. That was at least a clever and interesting use of the booklet.
The new Korn CD is the lame face artwork literally repeated six or seven times with the typical cheesy band posing shot.
Gotta love them posing and looking all hard and rock n' roll... just look like old dirty men playing rocker dress up and wearing make up lol.
Korn is nowhere in the same league when it came to art.
Plus Lateralus had the CD case wrapped in a black/see through kinda packaging with tracklist and info on it.

BenAkenobi
10-14-2013, 06:23 AM
also “Tookah” by Emiliana Torrini
https://s3.amazonaws.com/musiccache/emilianatorrini/images/top.png

aggroculture
10-14-2013, 07:15 AM
The Lateralus comparison is to point how pathetic this artwork looks. Tool already did something with see-through faces much much better and more creatively.

That other guy
10-15-2013, 03:36 AM
new cd is pretty good ,spike in my veins is really good/

LaneSax
10-16-2013, 05:49 AM
on first listen, its a pretty boring album.

Thought the album starts off well with the first two tracks, then it just goes downhill from there.

I hope it will grow on me, haven't enjoyed a KoRn album thoroughly since Untitled.

EDIT: it's grown on me quite a bit, so far like Prey for Me and Victimized best. Good effort overall, can really hear what Head added to this record.

LaneSax
10-16-2013, 09:05 PM
Love & Meth Video

http://prog.lvl3.strm.vevo.com/Video/V2/H264/US5Z51300398/us5z51300398_high_480x360_x264_608_quicktime_192.m p4

synyster
10-17-2013, 09:51 AM
I didn’t like the first single at all… However, this album grew on me like crazy. There are some classic korn moments on this album. I ended up loving the album!! Can’t wait to see it live. It’s my new “play loud as shit and drive” album.

tony.parente
10-17-2013, 10:27 AM
I know that asking for a "Korn" "Life Is Peachy" or "Follow The Leader" again almost 20 years after they came out is like nin fans asking for another "Broken" but son of a bitch Korn isn't even the same band anymore. I'm all for a band evolving, nobody is the same person they were 20 years ago but this is beyond evolution - this is a totally different entity.

spiralout
10-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Whoa. The love and meth video is actually pretty cool. Did not expect that.

Halo Infinity
10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I know that asking for a "Korn" "Life Is Peachy" or "Follow The Leader" again almost 20 years after they came out is like nin fans asking for another "Broken" but son of a bitch Korn isn't even the same band anymore. I'm all for a band evolving, nobody is the same person they were 20 years ago but this is beyond evolution - this is a totally different entity.
I'd actually love a combination of Life Is Peachy with Issues like I've mentioned before, but I also have a feeling that they sort of tried that with Take A Look In The Mirror and/or failed depending on how much you hated that album as a result of disappointment.

Space Suicide
10-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Love and Meth along with its video are awesome.

Easily the best thing they've done in years.

Freakasaurus
10-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Although it's not as good as some of their earlier albums, the Paradigm Shift is their best album in years. I just saw them at Roseland in NY a few weeks back and they absolutely rocked as always. Even if you're not a big Korn fan, they are definitely worth checking out live. Tons of energy. Then two nights ago I saw NIN at the Prudential Center in NJ. I was lucky snough to be about 5 feet from the rail right in the center. What an experience. Trent never disappoints. Going to see Chris Cornell next month. I'm just happy that all these guys are still touring and really bringing it too. Not just going through the motions to make a buck. They still rock!

LaneSax
10-26-2013, 03:42 AM
looks like it was a fun show in Dallas
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539783_10151993278770761_459379866_n.jpg

voidnz
10-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Head looks fucking awesome hahahaha

LaneSax
11-06-2013, 06:40 AM
a random question that has been bugging me forever...

does anyone know what is/are the lyric/s that start A.D.I.D.A.S.?

I have seen many sites online claiming it's "Honestly" but I just don't hear it...
I hear more of a "Bone in the sea"???

Pillfred
11-06-2013, 01:16 PM
This peeked my interest and maybe it's because I read this but that's what I hear as we'll. it definitely isn't honestly. Due to my lack of life I'm going to get to the bottom of this.

spiralout
11-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Watched "Reconciliation" the other night. It's hard to say for sure what went on but judging from the DVD, all hope for an old school sounding, or straight up guitar driven album went out the door once JD joined the writing process. Their whole vibe seemed to change one he showed up with his brain half fried and his dubstep producers with him.

After some time with the album it think its good up to never never. Also has anyone else noticed that "Mass Hysteria's" chorus is pretty much the exact chorus from "no way" off of issues?

Piko
11-07-2013, 02:15 PM
JD contributed alot during the first few albums and that did no harm. Infact, it might have done some good. I blame the producers. But JD wrote quite a few of the guitar parts, basic outline mostly, and drums. Since Issues, it seemed like his musical output had lessened, drammatically.

LaneSax
11-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Watched "Reconciliation" the other night. It's hard to say for sure what went on but judging from the DVD, all hope for an old school sounding, or straight up guitar driven album went out the door once JD joined the writing process. Their whole vibe seemed to change one he showed up with his brain half fried and his dubstep producers with him.

After some time with the album it think its good up to never never. Also has anyone else noticed that "Mass Hysteria's" chorus is pretty much the exact chorus from "no way" off of issues?
With Head, they just seemed to be enjoying the whole process. In previous "making of" dvds, Munky would always look stressed, Fieldy looked bored and just took direction just for the sake of completing an album.

Good ear, I didn't realise the similarities between both choruses, always thought "No Way" is one of the better tracks on "Ïssues"

konkelo
12-07-2013, 06:49 AM
I suddenly really got into Korn! I remember when I was a kid I liked a couple of their songs but somehow they seemed too weird for my taste back then. Now that myself is weird and older as well it sounds excellent! And the new album is very solid in my opinion. Also I find it strange that I see myself enjoying their dubstep album alot because I don't really like this Skrillex etc. dubstep stuff at all. Would be great to see them live!

LaneSax
02-06-2014, 09:19 PM
new video for Spike in My Veins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOUlFFPf6ck

voidnz
02-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I don't like it. Just pushes more of that pop culture shit in my face. I know it's making fun of it, but bleh. Been done before. The performance is the usual stuff in most recent Korn videos so nothing new there.

mfte
02-07-2014, 09:41 AM
Korn is essentially Motley Crue. One can only speculate the year where they sign a contract for Farewell Tour.

thevoid99
02-07-2014, 04:56 PM
Korn is essentially Motley Crue. One can only speculate the year where they sign a contract for Farewell Tour.

Except that Motley Crue was much cooler.

Halo Infinity
02-08-2014, 09:51 AM
It's funny that you say this, because I think I also remember Limp Bizkit being called the Poison of the 1990s too. It just reminded me of that joke. :p

As for Korn, I still think their albums from 1994-2003 will always be my most favorite works by them. I've also liked just about all of their non-album songs from the 1990s as well, such as Kick The PA, I Can Remember, and Camel Song. Jingle Balls was pretty good too. I was also looking up some Korn songs before Korn came out, and This Broken Soul immediately became a favorite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6LnI6ydWIw

Fangster_
02-08-2014, 06:07 PM
New video is the shittiest thing. Time's up boys.

Piko
02-08-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm not sure if they've hit their midlife crisis, or they're just done and not ready to let go. Think they're more concerned about being "korn" than they are an actual band.

thevoid99
02-08-2014, 09:21 PM
They look more ridiculous than ever as if they're trying to appeal to the troubled teens of America. I guess telling them to grow up has never caught up to them.

aggroculture
02-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Ugh JD no, shut the fuck up.
Your topic is your personal misery. That's it. Don't try to branch out now in your 40s, it's not working.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/korn-frontman-trying-to-get-people-to-wake-up/

Conan The Barbarian
02-19-2014, 11:13 AM
The writer of that article sounds butthurt about something.

Piko
02-19-2014, 02:21 PM
The writer of that article sounds butthurt about something.

Screamed hipster to me.

ziltoid
02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Here is the whole interview for the masochists:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc5zCWKAJGU

Space Suicide
02-19-2014, 04:32 PM
LOL at Davis' crooked nose in the default video still.

armogi
02-19-2014, 06:30 PM
LOL at Davis' crooked nose in the default video still.

ha! awesome catch.
JD needs to shut up really

r_k_f
02-21-2014, 10:58 PM
I started to watch that interview... But I didn't put my tin foil hat on first so I had to stop..

Ryan
02-21-2014, 11:02 PM
I'm seeing them on Monday (obligatory) cause they're double headlining with Rob Zombie here.

Disciple of Nothing
02-22-2014, 01:05 AM
I'm seeing them on Monday (obligatory) cause they're double headlining with Rob Zombie here.

Holy shit... Is it 1999?

LaneSax
03-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Well I just saw them this week (with Five Finger Death Punch and Rob Zombie opening)

Despite Jon being pretty ill, was a good show and I kinda dig how the new songs sound live (yes even Never, Never)

setlist:

Falling Away From Me
Twist
Got the Life
Love & Meth
Spike in My Veins
Good God
Get Up
Shoots and Ladders/Somebody Someone
Coming Undone
Here to Stay
Never Never
Freak on a Leash
Blind

With Head being my fave member, I was happy to go home with this souvenir from the show.
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz101/CaptainCharisma07/18fe4af5-55f1-4095-93fc-3a4b5af9c702_zps5110d430.jpg (http://s818.photobucket.com/user/CaptainCharisma07/media/18fe4af5-55f1-4095-93fc-3a4b5af9c702_zps5110d430.jpg.html)

ryanmcfly
03-08-2014, 01:59 AM
I saw them in Wichita Falls in November, and it was one of the most fun shows I've been to in a while. I ended up with a setlist, then met munky afterwards, and he signed it.

LaneSax
06-20-2014, 03:36 AM
so...this is a rip of the new single for the Expanded version of The Paradigm Shift

http://kornrow.com/korns-new-single-hater-now-playing-octane-radio-stations/

judging from the past...let the hatred and bashing begin ;)

BenAkenobi
06-20-2014, 07:29 AM
not bashing track (firefox couldn't play it for some reason), disliking the general idea of "expanded" editions months after initial release :(

aggroculture
06-20-2014, 08:49 AM
It's outrageous.
Put that shit on an EP.
Why would I want to buy the album again?
I hope there's an option to buy the tracks separately.
Though I have no idea why I am still giving Korn my money: Paradigm Shift was a pile o shit. Never Never has grown on me a little. Usually that's what happens: I will HATE a Korn album upon release then months down the line I'll be oh that's not so bad. That didn't happen with Korn III or Path Of Totality, though I did find maybe a couple of songs on each I didn't mind. Hmm.
In any case it's been way too long since I actually loved a Korn album.

armogi
06-20-2014, 12:44 PM
just another generic korn song, i used to like them a lot but i find it hard to care for them now, I didn't even buy the album and I still won't, that expanded reissue is BS.

LaneSax
06-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Hate the idea of re-releasing an album so quick as well.

Will pass proper judgement on the track once I hear a proper quality version.

The Paradigm Shift has some good songs, always liked "Never Never"

ManBurning
06-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I was at a thrift store the other day and found KoRn's self titled and Follow the leader there each for $3. I used to have these CD's as a teenager and sold them. I decided what the heck, i'll buy them back, haha. These are by far their 2 best albums anyway. Issues was decent, but that's around the time they started to go downhill.

That new song above, actually wasn't bad. I was prepared for the worst (based on the other 2 singles), but that was a decent tune.

wizfan
06-20-2014, 01:45 PM
The most infuriating thing about this is that they already ripped fans off with a "deluxe edition" of The Paradigm Shift with a DVD and lazy-ass artwork. Now they want to milk this album again? It probably sold even less copies than the previous two (I'm too lazy to check).

LaneSax
06-20-2014, 11:07 PM
better quality of the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-yJsnkbEco

Read that the reissue will have 3 new tracks and 6 live tracks.

Piko
06-20-2014, 11:15 PM
I think they've been doing this. Fairly certain that Untouchables had a "special edition" as well as Korn III. Nothing really new. If you bought the album and aren't a sucker to buy the same thing twice, download it. The record companies will never learn.

voidnz
06-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Well i'm excited for the deluxe release. Yes it's a cash grab but at least it is a damn awesome album.

LaneSax
06-22-2014, 03:39 AM
Hater is growing on me but I can't deny that I miss the more aggressive side of the band

LaneSax
07-02-2014, 10:04 PM
so the expanded version will be a Best Buy exclusive.

At least the album art is better?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/paradigm-shift-tour-edition-only--best-buy/7512179.p;jsessionid=803D3870F5B3894F601B81680F662 625.bbolsp-app01-155?id=3263415&skuId=7512179&st=korn&lp=13&cp=1

laci
08-21-2014, 07:39 AM
Bought the vinyl reissue (not a reissue, as it never released on wax before) of the debut album. Made by Music on Vinyl, limited to 2500 copies, No. 1121 is mine.
Double 180g red/black transparent vinyl set.

Looks like this:

http://musiconvinyl.com/filemanager/images/Korn_-_Korn.jpg

armogi
08-21-2014, 12:11 PM
looks like they reissued the first 4 records, interesting... but damn ,50 bucks (amazon) seems too much.

laci
08-22-2014, 03:51 AM
looks like they reissued the first 4 records, interesting... but damn ,50 bucks (amazon) seems too much.

Yes, the other albums are coming as well.
I bought it in a Media Markt in Budapest, it was around $40.

ryanmcfly
08-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Die Another Day is a great song. I love the guitar in the chorus.

Crowkiller06
08-23-2014, 07:21 PM
I actually jumped on board with Korn in 1994. I can honestly claim that in high school in listened to..... hold your breath:
NIN, Korn, Manson(Portrait mostly), KMFDM, Skinny Puppy, Soundgarden, Deftones.... And many others.
i stuck with. Korn longer than most, I think. Where I lost interest was the "Untitled" album. The one that had "Evoltuion."
to this day, I still only really care for 3 songs off of that, Evolution, Sing Sorrow, and Killing.
though, they were losing steam well before this album. The last album that I really liked all the way through was "Take a Look in the Mirror." And in retrospect, I've tried listening to it recently, and I don't enjoy 90% of it.
I've seen them live 3 times, and each time, they were fantastic. I guess I just grew out of love with them.

Airbornefeline
08-25-2014, 06:17 PM
https://www.facebook.com/korn/photos...type=1&theater (https://www.facebook.com/korn/photos/a.454459955760.231183.21230560760/10152668114740761/?type=1&theater) Korn are doing a tour with Slipknot with King 810 opening. This will be my third time seeing Korn. I've never seen Slipknot.

LaneSax
08-27-2014, 03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K67veEPOYM

Deepvoid
09-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Jonathan Davis on the self-titled 20th anniversary:

"“On festivals, we’re gonna play the first album in its entirety. We’re gonna start doing that. We’re even gonna play ‘Daddy.’ And I said I would never do it, but I’m gonna do it anyways. We’re gonna do the complete album in its entirety and then tag on some songs at the end of the show. So, it should be pretty cool, but it’s gonna be very stripped down."

This is something I wouldn't mind seeing.

Airbornefeline
09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Jonathan Davis on the self-titled 20th anniversary:

"“On festivals, we’re gonna play the first album in its entirety. We’re gonna start doing that. We’re even gonna play ‘Daddy.’ And I said I would never do it, but I’m gonna do it anyways. We’re gonna do the complete album in its entirety and then tag on some songs at the end of the show. So, it should be pretty cool, but it’s gonna be very stripped down."

This is something I wouldn't mind seeing.
Here's a link to the audio interview http://www.wmmr.com/shows/jaxon/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10667834 or an article of the important parts: http://www.theprp.com/2014/09/20/news/korn-to-play-self-titled-album-20th-anniversary-shows-jonathan-davis-rejects-nu-metal/
I wonder if Korn is gonna be playing the first album during the Slipknot tour? There's only 1 show after the 20th anniversary and he doesn't make it seem like it's gonna be just a one-off show. I'm seeing them on Oct 29th, the first date of the official tour, so I really hope they'll do it.

Space Suicide
10-22-2014, 07:35 PM
Dadddddddy (http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-10-22/korn-jonathan-davis-daddy)

More on the post above me about 20th anniversary shows.

LaneSax
12-12-2014, 08:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGQxHqoIdjE

ghostaustin
12-13-2014, 08:27 AM
huh. Much much less cringe-worthy than I was expecting.

Jon
10-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Did anyone here attend the first show of the tour last night in Chicago? How were they?

I'm just curious because the road crew was staying at the same hotel as the wife and myself. Let's just say there were reservation problems and there was equipment that had yet to turn up. The band members themselves ended up staying at "some 'shankity' hotel" (actual quote), according to multiple members of the crew.

aggroculture
12-02-2015, 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uQglTbLTBw

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uQglTbLTBw)

LaneSax
07-22-2016, 09:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc

LaneSax
07-22-2016, 10:08 PM
new album, Serenity of Suffering (S.O.S) out October 21st

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81OOruJgbxL._SX522_.jpg

01. Insane
02. Rotting In Vain
03. Black Is The Soul
04. The Hating
05. A Different World (feat. Corey Taylor)
06. Take Me
07. Everything Falls Apart
08. Die Yet Another Night
09. When You're Not There
10. Next In Line
11. Please Come For Me

Space Suicide
07-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Hmmmmmm, not bad.

That artwork is intentionally bad but damn.

LaneSax
07-22-2016, 10:15 PM
hate the artwork too but I kinda like the mutilated ragdoll

Piko
07-22-2016, 10:26 PM
The doll kinda looks like a throwback to the Issues cover. Liked the new song. Kinda repetitive. But, that's kind of their thing now. I'll definitely check out the new one.

bobbie solo
07-23-2016, 12:11 AM
that song is....good. what the hell????

ManBurning
07-23-2016, 12:15 AM
I kinda like that artwork. It has a nice blend of "Self titled meets Issues"
I dig it.

Krazy
07-23-2016, 12:30 AM
The bassist is still stuck in 1998 by the looks of that vid. Not a bad song but really generic- could be worse I guess.

armogi
07-23-2016, 12:31 AM
not a fan of the vocals on this one and nothing groundbreaking music wise, i guess that song sums up what korn is now.

Archive_Reports
07-23-2016, 07:11 AM
The new song is OK, but the lyrics are laughably bad. And the video is ridiculous. Who says, "you know what would be rad? Sticking my head through this painting!" And why was he in a bathtub full of leaves?

Piko
07-23-2016, 10:41 AM
To be fair, do we really listen to a band like korn for the lyrics? They've always been iffy. The music is the absolute focal point . Definitely a step up though. Hearing a chorus a half a dozen times though kinda bugs me though. Other than that, I liked it. Cover is whatever. But, I agree that it definitely feels like a homage to the self titled and issues, which I'm cool with.

cashpiles (closed)
07-23-2016, 12:57 PM
Have they changed drummers?

As for the song.. it's catchy, but too simple... verse chorus verse chorus... the song needs to develop more as it progresses.

spiralout
07-23-2016, 01:49 PM
Agreed^^^ I enjoy the new song but it sounds as if they are rushing through it. Could have used a pre chorus or extended bridge to give it a little more space. But being a big fan of Untouchables this has me happy with the direction they seem to be taking.

....that cover art though....

BenAkenobi
07-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Maybe album version will have something more to offer compared to the video :confused:

Atu
07-23-2016, 02:24 PM
So after the failed flirt with dubstep, they're now ripping on Follow the Leader nostalgia? Also Fieldy looks really bored in the video.

ManBurning
07-24-2016, 12:12 AM
The bassist is still stuck in 1998 by the looks of that vid. Not a bad song but really generic- could be worse I guess.

They're ALL stuck in 1998! These guys have looked the same for 20 years. I swear they haven't had a haircut since Life Is Peachy!

wizfan
07-28-2016, 07:20 PM
For some reason, I really like Rotting in Vain. Sure, it brings absolutely NOTHING new to the table, but, somehow... it sounds somewhat fresh. And much more confident than anything on The Paradigm Shift. It feels like they've put some actual effort into songwriting, rather than bleeps and bloops. If Korn III was a return to the sound of S/T, then SOS is a return to their most commercially successful era, Follow the Leader until Untouchables. And I dug the return to the scatting.
cashpiles The drummer is Ray Luzier, he has just dyed his hair black now.

Mutilated
07-29-2016, 05:25 AM
For some reason, I really like Rotting in Vain. Sure, it brings absolutely NOTHING new to the table, but, somehow... it sounds somewhat fresh. And much more confident than anything on The Paradigm Shift. It feels like they've put some actual effort into songwriting, rather than bleeps and bloops. If Korn III was a return to the sound of S/T, then SOS is a return to their most commercially successful era, Follow the Leader until Untouchables. And I dug the return to the scatting.
@cashpiles (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=750) The drummer is Ray Luzier, he has just dyed his hair black now.

Well, I don't think/hope they'll be referencing any of the rap/hip hop elements of Follow The Leader on the new album - probably more Issues and Untouchables :)

neorev
07-29-2016, 05:41 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81OOruJgbxL._SX522_.jpg

Going by that cover, I didn't know KIDZ BOP was making an all Korn tribute album.

Dryalex12
08-04-2016, 01:33 PM
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/korns_head_to_overzealous_christians_the_gospel_of _christ_isnt_like_fast_food.html
I'm glad he gets it

Khrz
08-04-2016, 01:45 PM
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/korns_head_to_overzealous_christians_the_gospel_of _christ_isnt_like_fast_food.html
I'm glad he gets it

Is he though ? I can't help but wonder if it should read "Come on guys, you can't ask for them to change their sodomite ways overnight, some things take time, let them come !".

I'm definitely not saying that's what that post means, but it felt a bit ambiguous to me.

armogi
08-04-2016, 05:43 PM
"Your god is dead and no one cares"

thevoid99
08-04-2016, 08:59 PM
"Your god is dead and no one cares"

Did they just rip off "Heresy?"

mfte
08-04-2016, 10:55 PM
From everything I read and heard they kind trying to go back to basics.... but wasn't that what they tried to do on Take a Look in the Mirror? Their problem has always been that, for the most part, they were never able to work outside their original formula. It is what it is... They've been able to make a living off this thing for 20+ years so good for them.

I recently blew the dust of Follow the Leader and Issues. Definitely changed my mind on what is the better album. Even though the sonic quality of Follow the Leader is more bombastic and appealing Issues has a lot more range. It also takes more chances in the song writing. Dirty is an all time fav by them because of how genuinely desperate it feels. The lyrics would be at home anywhere on The Downward Spiral.

richardp
08-04-2016, 11:17 PM
I recently blew the dust of Follow the Leader and Issues. Definitely changed my mind on what is the better album. Even though the sonic quality of Follow the Leader is more bombastic and appealing Issues has a lot more range. It also takes more chances in the song writing. Dirty is an all time fav by them because of how genuinely desperate it feels. The lyrics would be at home anywhere on The Downward Spiral.

Issues is the only album that I'll genuinely just listen to not just for nostalgia sake. It's just a really good album.

synyster
08-05-2016, 10:47 AM
From everything I read and heard they kind trying to go back to basics.... but wasn't that what they tried to do on Take a Look in the Mirror? Their problem has always been that, for the most part, they were never able to work outside their original formula. It is what it is... They've been able to make a living off this thing for 20+ years so good for them.

It's funny you mention Dirty. Recently re-discovered that song and you described it perfectly. That song is raw with emotion and you can just feel it.

Just saw them play in Houston on Wednesday. Sound quality was a 10 and reminds you how this band was meant to be heard. The entire time I was wishing they would play Dirty ;-). The new track was actually really really good live. Seeing Head back on the stage with them brought me back to the old days. The breakdown at the end sounded freaking insane.

Atu
08-21-2016, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7T2_gaVgak

Blame it on a late hour, working weekend, a third beer or all combined, but this song doesn't seem that bad, even if obvious feeding on Follow the Leader nostalgia is still obvious.

Deepvoid
08-22-2016, 06:32 AM
I really like this new song. First single was also alright.
I'll admit, I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

voidnz
08-22-2016, 08:38 PM
Yeah this album is sounding as good as 2016 Korn probably could. Loving it.

LaneSax
08-22-2016, 08:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-zb4C_k7Ek

Space Suicide
08-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Surprised by how good that sounds.

wight rabbit
08-23-2016, 01:16 AM
Man, I REALLY miss David... Ray is good and all, but I miss the distinct style David had in his drumming. I would love to see a full band reunion at some point. All that aside, this album does seem like it'll be the best they've done in a while.

neorev
08-23-2016, 04:43 PM
Triggermine Yeah, I miss Dave as well. Just not the same without him. Then again, from what he said, it was the writing/recording process that changed the band. They were no longer sharing a room and jamming together. Instead they were separated, coming in on their own to record their individual parts. A lot of their groove/soul got sucked out that way.

wight rabbit
08-24-2016, 12:38 AM
@Triggermine (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=456) Yeah, I miss Dave as well. Just not the same without him. Then again, from what he said, it was the writing/recording process that changed the band. They were no longer sharing a room and jamming together. Instead they were separated, coming in on their own to record their individual parts. A lot of their groove/soul got sucked out that way.

Sounds like what happened with Deftones. That definitely almost broke them up, but they pulled it all back together. I wonder if they've started working together in the same room again...

center27j
08-24-2016, 05:05 PM
chorus kills the whole vibe of the song. goes from really heavy dark to cheesy/boring in an instant. disappointing.

Piko
08-24-2016, 11:00 PM
It's a decent song. But their song structure of having the same chorus play a half a dozen times is tiring. Verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-chorus... there used to be so much more to them. Their songs had depth. Now their songs are just choruses with a few verses thrown in.

mfte
09-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLt5p52djwaRyy3_o9Dc9p51cNgN5BAe1j&v=4W 35UlSagV4

mfte
09-28-2016, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zGGqOVoVU

opening riff reminds of The Deftones for some reason.