PDA

View Full Version : 2013.08.09 - San Francisco, CA @ Outside Lands Music Festival

JessicaSarahS
04-18-2013, 02:07 PM
3-Day GA & VIP tickets are on-sale now!

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/tickets/
http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/images/admat/041613.png

Ruined
04-18-2013, 06:20 PM
I was hoping they would be offering single day tickets. Perhaps they might in the weeks before the event? I wish I could afford the three day pass; but, unfortunately there is no way, right now. Oh well.
Edit: So I saw that last year's festival offered single day ticket sales, around June, once each day's line-up was secured. So, I'll be checking back around then/looking for their Twitter announcements for it. Glad to see that.

Moebius
04-18-2013, 10:43 PM
I'll be there, snagged my pass today. I was lucky to grab a $235, must have been only a few of them as a second request 10 seconds later only pulled up full-price tickets.

ManBurning
04-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm glad I risked it and went for Lollapalooza instead of waiting for Outside Lands to confirm their lineup. I prefer the Lolla lineup to this one.

Ash512
05-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?

DistantSamantha
05-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Might just be hitting both Lolla and Outside Lands. Do they sell single day tickets for this one?

At least both Outside Lands & Ticketmaster site list only 3 day tickets.

DistantSamantha
05-15-2013, 03:40 AM
Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"

JessicaSarahS
06-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Outside Lands VIP contest: http://insiders.radio947.net/CustomContest.aspx?AID=197864

Four (4) VIP tickets to the 2013 Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco, CA
Four (4) Shuttle passes for transportation from your lodging to the festival grounds
One Canon PowerShot 12MP Digital Camera with 3-Inch LCD Screen
$2000 cash for travel and hotel

DigitalChaos
06-09-2013, 10:20 PM
Ok, did a little digging (read: googled...) and apparently there might be one day tickets released later (possibly July). This is what someone said on FB: "Single day tickets would be available if they don't sell out of 3 day tickets. They've done this in the past and have been released in July. Hopefully they do this!!"
Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?

JessicaSarahS
06-10-2013, 03:16 PM
Yea, they tend to do single day tickets.
I just wish I knew which day NIN is playing though. This hasn't been posted yet, has it?

Nope, not yet. Single day tickets are usually released when the day lineups are announced.

8bitglitch
06-14-2013, 04:00 PM
I should be here.... not 100% confirmed yet but it's looking pretty good.

mrspfotie
06-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure if people were listening to Live 105 KITS over the weekend, but they were giving away ticket's to Outside Lands for Father's Day and the grand prize winner of that contest would win tickets to a secret NIN rehearsal. Unfortunately, my sister was caller 8 when they asked for caller 10... I'm hoping there will be other opportunities to get in the drawing for this "secret NIN show"...

mrspfotie
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll be there with my sister. Hopefully after the holidays we will get some additional Bay Area dates for Tension tour.

JessicaSarahS
06-24-2013, 03:31 PM
FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow."

Ruined
06-25-2013, 07:36 AM
FYI: "@sfoutsidelands: ranger dave has what some of you have been waiting for. stay close tomorrow." So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.

JessicaSarahS
06-25-2013, 10:54 AM
So, if the single day tix go on sale today, there's still no way of knowing which day NIN plays, correct? Or do the same headliners play all 3 days? Just curious as I'm still trying to secure any NIN CA tix. Thanks.

They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days.

JessicaSarahS
06-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Day lineups are out! NIN plays Saturday and single day tickets go on sale tomorrow.

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/?sort=day

Ruined
06-25-2013, 11:06 AM
They usually release the day lineups at the same time, so you'll know who's playing on certain days. Cool, thanks for the information. Looks like tomorrow's the big day; with three chances to get tickets Wed/Thur/Fri, hopefully I have better luck than I did trying to secure L.A. tickets, yesterday.

Ruined
06-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Cool, managed to easily get the single-day tickets to this event. Hopefully, I'll have similar luck, tomorrow, for the L.A. show!

littlemonkey613
07-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Got a single day ticket since my Staples Center seats are so miserable. Pretty excited! Going to both shows.

DigitalChaos
07-11-2013, 02:39 AM
So happy to have landed the 1-day tickets. Now the only remaining bit of info is what time they are playing that day. I'll probably only be there for the NIN show (babysitter logistics)

matt925
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Most likely 8 as they are headlining. There's a strict 10pm curfew. If you show up later in the day be prepared to be v e r y far from the stage. It's a giant park. The alternative is sitting in the sun all day.

I've been thinking a lot about whether or not I want to go. On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.

littlemonkey613
07-12-2013, 04:03 AM
On one hand, nine inch nails are playing here in just a few weeks(!). On the other, outside lands is a really shitty way to experience a show. Decisions decisions.

What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.

matt925
07-12-2013, 08:24 AM
What's wrong with outside lands in terms of concert experience? Idk anyone whose gone really.

Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

matt925
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM
But that was also the very negatives. I don't want to discourage people who have never been. The music is loud as hell, first of all, and you can work your way to the front. I would also just bet nine inch nails won't end up drawing as packed a crowd as radiohead or Metallica. Just go and make the most of it. If you are with friends and you get some drinks you will have a good time.

suprefan
07-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Just the fact that you're in a huge park crammed with 60,000 people. Even on the video screens the performers look like ants. Filthy porta potties in pitch black, people moving past you in both directions throughout the performance. And everything has a crazy line to wait in.

Frankly I'd rather drive to la for an arena show.

Its actually about 90,000 now. They got permission from the city to increase their capacity.

3 day tickets are sold out if you didnt buy any tickets yet. And only Friday single days are avail.

theimage13
07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Edit: whelp, thought I was doing this show. Not so much. Calendar reading fail.

joshkarp
07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have 2 extras for Sat night? I wasn't gonna go, but now I have to go to SF (from Denver) for work that week and the thought of NIN playing and me not being there is starting to mess with me! If you've got 2 extras for Sat night, please let me know!

Thanks... Josh

DigitalChaos
07-19-2013, 07:44 PM
I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?

joshkarp
07-19-2013, 08:17 PM
I actually might. Did they close up ticket sales?

I have no idea how, but single day tickets are sold out! If you do have extras, please let me know. That would be great!

JessicaSarahS
07-20-2013, 03:37 AM

I don't mind OSL. They have great food and I love Wine Lands. It's pricey, but most music festivals are these days. My gripe with OSL is their tendency to oversell tickets and headliner areas or the new "indie" band with a hot radio single stages get overcrowded easily. For three days festivals, I'll camp a stage for one day, then use the other days to explore, unless there's a huge conflict. Less exhausting that way.

DigitalChaos
07-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Never been to OSL. What time should I show up for decent seating of an 8pm NIN show? I'm not sure we will get there for the 11am open but maybe soon after.

JessicaSarahS
07-21-2013, 02:26 AM
Never been to OSL. What time should I show up for decent seating of an 8pm NIN show? I'm not sure we will get there for the 11am open but maybe soon after.

That should be fine. Which area were you planning on standing?

Ruined
07-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Stage-specific schedule has been posted: http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/events/2013/08/09/

Moebius
07-26-2013, 01:45 PM
I've decided just to go to Lollapalooza instead. I've got three 3-day passes, I'd like them to go to NIN fans if possible, PM if you're interested. Face + fees.

Ken
07-26-2013, 01:55 PM

DigitalChaos
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Wait a second... these print at home tickets DON'T require a photo ID to be present when you enter... do they...?
For some reason I was under that assumption. I can't figure out where I got that idea from.

edit: ugh... there is a transfer button right on the ticketmaster website even if it did require a photo ID. Felling incredibly dumb right about now.

littlemonkey613
07-27-2013, 11:44 AM
Wait a second... these print at home tickets DON'T require a photo ID to be present when you enter... do they...?
For some reason I was under that assumption. I can't figure out where I got that idea from.

nin.com pre-sale scarring all who enter for life.

DigitalChaos
07-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Not a spoiler, just pure conjecture... hiding it just in case though...

So, the south korea show just played a track from Dragon Tattoo. Karen O is playing directly before NIN at OSL (same stage too). Pretty good chance we will hear Immigrant Song?!?! Maybe?!?

either way, I sure hope we have enough tapers at this show.

JessicaSarahS
07-31-2013, 11:23 AM
nin.com pre-sale scarring all who enter for life.

Hahaha! Srsly.

Yeah, no ID needed with the print at home tix.

Moebius
08-03-2013, 12:40 AM
A little setlist spoiler...​

Based on the setlist originally planned for Chicago, there's a good chance you will get...
the debut of "Everything"

binaryhermit
08-03-2013, 08:31 PM
2 questions... Is this the next show and will it be webcast?

Erik
08-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Yes, San Francisco is next. I'm uncertain if the band's set is a part of the schedule, but Outside Lands will be webcast on UStream.

Ruined
08-04-2013, 12:26 PM
For those making travel plans, for the S.F. festival, keep in mind there might be a public transit/BART strike. Plan accordingly:
http://news.yahoo.com/bart-labor-talks-continue-planned-strike-looms-165001996.html

FYI: Strike averted; all public transit should be running, as normal, this weekend.

littlemonkey613
08-04-2013, 04:58 PM
^Thanks for the heads up!
Dear lord cant believe I'm seeing NIN in less than a week, and right after Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Fuckin. Im going with a few friends who don't know much about Trent's music. Hopefully now they will understand my obsession. When I first saw NIN I wasn't familiar with them at all. My bad ass mom brought me along in 05. Seeing him live is a great way to be introduced to his music.

JessicaSarahS
08-05-2013, 01:02 AM
^Thanks for the heads up!
Dear lord cant believe I'm seeing NIN in less than a week, and right after Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Fuckin. Im going with a few friends who don't know much about Trent's music. Hopefully now they will understand my obsession. When I first saw NIN I wasn't familiar with them at all. My bad ass mom brought me along in 05. Seeing him live is a great way to be introduced to his music.

I'm going with a non-fan as well. We'll see how it goes! :)

ajk791
08-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Does anyone feel like meeting up on Saturday? I just bought a ticket on Craigslist and don't know one person that's going on Saturday.

FULLMETAL
08-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Can anyone help me out with some NIN shirts from this festival stop? Please PM if you're able to assist. Thanks!!

Ruined
08-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Here's a free app, for Outside Lands. It includes a map of the concert and other things:
http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/apps/

Erik
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
The Nine Inch Nails performance will be streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/outsidelands at approximately 8:25PM Pacific on Saturday. I know there is already discussion happening in other threads but I wanted to post here in the tour journal for completeness. I'll be at Outside Lands and won't get to see the webcast until the ETS collective hopefully makes a great capture available.

You can calculate the time of the stream in your time zone by looking at the local time in San Francisco on this site http://24timezones.com/current_world_time.php and then matching it to the time in your area and adjusting.

DigitalChaos
08-08-2013, 02:20 PM
For those making travel plans, for the S.F. festival, keep in mind there might be a public transit/BART strike. Plan accordingly:
http://news.yahoo.com/bart-labor-talks-continue-planned-strike-looms-165001996.html

FYI: Strike averted; all public transit should be running, as normal, this weekend.
I take public transit every day but I'm planning on avoiding it for the festival. I've never been to OSL but I am anticipating that any bus going toward it are going to be completely packed, especially when it ends at 10pm.

I'm probably going to park on the edge of the city somewhere and take some sort of Taxi/Uber/Lyft/Sidecar. If you aren't familiar with services like Uber, check it out. Cheaper, faster, and better than a taxi. Plus, you can usually find $20 or so in first time credits. That's what I am doing so it'll cover most of my trip there on Sat.

Ruined
08-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm avoiding public transit, as well. Found this cool pre-paid parking site that located a space/company only a few blocks from the park. The service is linked to the Golden Gate Park site. I lucked out and reserved a valet space for only $7. So, parking headache averted; can't wait for the show!

DigitalChaos
08-08-2013, 02:55 PM
I'm avoiding public transit, as well. Found this cool pre-paid parking site that located a space/company only a few blocks from the park. The service is linked to the Golden Gate Park site. I lucked out and reserved a valet space for only $7. So, parking headache averted; can't wait for the show!
holy shit fuck you thats awesome
what site? I know about parkwhiz.com but i see absolutely no parking besides a handfull of downtown spots.

Ruined
08-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Parking site link. Note: You have to play with the map/use mapquest (or other mapping site) to get a general street address, plug it into the site (after you register) and it will give a list of available spaces/prices in the vicinity. You then print out your parking reservation. There were only a handful left, so, good luck:
https://www.park-now.com/customerWeb/pages/login.jsf

suprefan
08-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Webcast will include NIN

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/webcast-schedule/

JessicaSarahS
08-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I posted a pic of tour merch on my Twitter/Instagram, but my phobe is being a bitch and not letting me post /copy here.

Kueller917
08-09-2013, 11:18 PM
I liked today's webcast, especially for what I think is the first time OSL has recorded. I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be stream rips.

DigitalChaos
08-10-2013, 02:26 AM
I posted a pic of tour merch on my Twitter/Instagram, but my phobe is being a bitch and not letting me post /copy here.

http://instagram.com/p/c0ZO4nyxlZ/

JessicaSarahS
08-10-2013, 02:53 AM
I liked today's webcast, especially for what I think is the first time OSL has recorded. I'm feeling optimistic about tomorrow. I'm sure there'll be stream rips.

I'm excited to finally have a decent proshot of a show that I've attended!

JessicaSarahS
08-10-2013, 01:28 PM
heavenly_bearded your PM box if full and the shirt at OSL is red or black. No other colors.

thefragile_jake
08-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Pumped on watching this tonight! So I assume by CST we'll be watching this at around 10:25 yes?

binaryhermit
08-10-2013, 07:11 PM
It's actually CDT right now

But yes, 10:25

pigpen
08-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Sad that I won't be catching this stream tonight, here's hoping for a decent webrip!

...I should probably post this somewhere else.

DigitalChaos
08-10-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm about 5 people deep from the front, right in front of the right speaker stack.

Too many people at this damn festival.

ronzer
08-10-2013, 10:13 PM
VIP section on right

JessicaSarahS
08-11-2013, 01:26 AM
Aaah, the show was great! I can't wait to see the stream and upload my pix.

DigitalChaos
08-11-2013, 01:53 AM
Think I got a nice recording of this one... except for the big drunk dude who was right behind me shouting out slurred, poorly timed, off key, and sometimes just plain incorrect lyrics :( Luckily he was quiet for most of the show.

Big thanks to RITCNIN for the equipment hookup!

Ruined
08-11-2013, 04:52 AM
Just got back and wow, great set and excellent energy. I was amazed that the middle of the crowd (directly in front of the soundboard) was quite empty. Late in the show, people kept pouring in, exclaiming how they couldn't believe how open the view was, from that vantage point. Met some cool people and sang along and/or shouted because, you know, it was a show, we were excited and enjoyed the hell out of it. Most of the crowd in my vicinity was singing along; not sure if it was slurred or not; but, wow, amazing show. I look forward to seeing what people managed to capture/upload from this concert. Glad they played Burn and Something I Can Never Have. Also dug that Trent used the effects mic during burn; really added what was missing from previous performances of that song (for me, at least). Damn, doubt I'll sleep much. Yeah Yeah Yeahs were also amazing! Since I'm not a fan of Phoenix, I was glad I didn't have to wait through their set (as it ran simultaneous to NIN).

Ryan
08-11-2013, 04:58 AM
Also dug that Trent used the effects mic during burn; really added what was missing from previous performances of that song

I watched the stream and it sounded like he was singing it normally without the effects. In the Korean show recording you can hear the effects perfectly, but not at this show. Not from the stream anyway. It sounded amazing in Korea.

Ruined
08-11-2013, 05:04 AM
I watched the stream and it sounded like he was singing it normally without the effects. In the Korean show recording you can hear the effects perfectly, but not at this show. Not from the stream anyway. It sounded amazing in Korea. Odd, it was definitely notice by my friends and me. We were also struck how quiet, and clear, it (his voice) sounded during Hurt. Trent's whispered lyrics were particularly audible. Thankfully, no random Hurt claps that often occur.

Fred
08-11-2013, 05:10 AM
I haven't watched the stream, but I suppose it's possible that Outside Lands had different mixes for the P.A. and the stream, respectively, and the vocal distortion in "Burn" was only applied in the former. Different/incorrect effect routing or something.

Ruined
08-11-2013, 05:18 AM
I haven't watched the stream, but I suppose it's possible that Outside Lands had different mixes for the P.A. and the stream, respectively, and the vocal distortion in "Burn" was only applied in the former. Different/incorrect effect routing or something. Yeah, I can't speak to that; it's beyond my technical knowledge. BTW, I appreciated the setlist change: I loved that Piggy did not follow "March of the Pigs." Also, I Just want Something I can Never Have straight into Reptile was jarring, in a good way. Seriously, of the 18 shows I've attended, this one was really up there for me. Still digesting. Heh, it was funny how the weather was sunny, most of the day, then got dreary/drizzled once NIN took the stage. It's not unusual for S.F., but, still was cool mood-setting experience. I'm glad I managed to avoid the video (but not audio) recordings of the other festivals, allowing me to know the songs; but, still be surprised by the visuals.

TheBang
08-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Here's the audio album:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x8f8e5a1er3fdcv/NIN_2013-08-10_Outside_Lands_Festival%2C_Golden_Gate_Park_-_San_Francisco%2C_CA_(AAC).zip

125 Kbps AAC is the original broadcast format. Video is coming soon.

JessicaSarahS
08-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I can't speak to that; it's beyond my technical knowledge. BTW, I appreciated the setlist change: I loved that Piggy did not follow "March of the Pigs." Also, I Just want Something I can Never Have straight into Reptile was jarring, in a good way. Seriously, of the 18 shows I've attended, this one was really up there for me. Still digesting. Heh, it was funny how the weather was sunny, most of the day, then got dreary/drizzled once NIN took the stage. It's not unusual for S.F., but, still was cool mood-setting experience. I'm glad I managed to avoid the video (but not audio) recordings of the other festivals, allowing me to know the songs; but, still be surprised by the visuals.

Agreed. I don't care much for Piggy anyhow, and that was probably my favorite performance of SICNH ever. Even my friend, who isn't a NIN fan, was asking me questions about it since he loved it so much. The show was so good. NIN should have done a double headlining spot at OSL. :P

DigitalChaos
08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
I haven't watched the stream, but I suppose it's possible that Outside Lands had different mixes for the P.A. and the stream, respectively, and the vocal distortion in "Burn" was only applied in the former. Different/incorrect effect routing or something.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm curious to see exactly what the difference was.

DigitalChaos
08-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Ruined - I was mostly just joking around about the guy singing. Trying to get a perfect recording without any people on it when packed in with several thousand of them is futile.

Moebius
08-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Is there a full setlist out? Did "Disappointed" debut?

binaryhermit
08-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Did "Disappointed" debut?

Disappointed had actually debuted in Korea on 7/28. You may be thinking of "Everything", which still hasn't debuted.

DigitalChaos
08-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Someone posted a setlist last night. It was either here or the fapping thread. Disappointed was played. They played all 4 HM songs that were previously played.

Ruined
08-11-2013, 03:21 PM
@Ruined (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=257) - I was mostly just joking around about the guy singing. Trying to get a perfect recording without any people on it when packed in with several thousand of them is futile.
Heh, no worries: Yeah, I can imagine recording, cleanly, in the middle of that sea of humanity would be impossible. As I posted, earlier, the worst is people who are just talking (either on their phone or in general, about random things with their friends) while NIN is playing. That's just...NO! I'm glad that was few and far between during last night's show.

DigitalChaos
08-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Speaking of, I didn't hear a single person shout SHIT during Hurt. Did anyone else? That was a very pleasant surprise.

Moebius
08-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Disappointed had actually debuted in Korea on 7/28. You may be thinking of "Everything", which still hasn't debuted.

Er, duh, yeah, that's what I meant to say. Embarrassing I should make that mistake having posted the abandoned Lollapalooza setlist that had it listed.. :P

Ruined
08-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Speaking of, I didn't hear a single person shout SHIT during Hurt. Did anyone else? That was a very pleasant surprise. Agreed; can't remember the last time that occurred during a show (especially a festival of that size). It was great!

JessicaSarahS
08-12-2013, 04:37 AM
Picture time! The smoke machine was going crazy on the sides and made it difficult to get most of the band. :(

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/9491234471_6bdc3195d3_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3682/9494065918_5c0d01a093_z.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7340/9491236389_7205aae8da_z.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3773/9494036260_c6ef4a244d_z.jpg

Rest of the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157635033058041/

DigitalChaos
08-12-2013, 09:21 PM
@JessicaSarahS (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=20) - what camera are you using for those shots?

edit: flickr says Nikon Coolpix P100

JessicaSarahS
08-12-2013, 09:35 PM
@JessicaSarahS (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=20) - what camera are you using for those shots?

edit: flickr says Nikon Coolpix P100

Yep, that's the one! :) I <3 my little camera buddy...except it's not so little. :\

TheBang
08-12-2013, 11:04 PM
Yep, that's the one! :) I <3 my little camera buddy...except it's not so little. :\
Do you ever have a problem getting a camera of that size through security?

JessicaSarahS
08-12-2013, 11:42 PM
Do you ever have a problem getting a camera of that size through security?

Yeah, quite frequently. I'm always prepared to prove that it isn't pro/DSLR. If it's a GA show and I want rail, I get it approved by the house management prior to the doors opening and have them speak to whomever is searching my bag to inform them it's allowed. I've been delayed by a long questioning once, but I won't let it happen again. I've never had trouble at Staples Center and most large festivals though.

JessicaSarahS
08-13-2013, 03:46 AM
If you guys are looking to purchase a camera for shows, I do get similar results with smaller cameras too. These are taken with a Nikon S6300: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157632652185378/with/8429757347/

And these are with a Nikon S9100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157629612224300/

Just have to play around and practice with your configurations to see what works best for the show's lighting. Also, the Nikon S9100 has better video and audio quality than my P100.

mrspfotie
08-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Jessica, your pictures are great! Thank you for sharing. I had VIP for Outside Lands and got to the corner of the rail at 1:00 and remained there throughout Saturday. My one semi-complaint is VIP puts you on the right side of the stage and you are farther away then GA but pay more money? It was great being by Robin, but all the shots I have are profile no head on shots. The other issue was the person filming the whole festival was right in front of me the whole time, so I could only see Trent from chest up for most of it. I think he moved right before HLAH... I was thrilled to see your pics and show was beyond amazing!!
Tracy

JessicaSarahS
08-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Jessica, your pictures are great! Thank you for sharing. I had VIP for Outside Lands and got to the corner of the rail at 1:00 and remained there throughout Saturday. My one semi-complaint is VIP puts you on the right side of the stage and you are farther away then GA but pay more money? It was great being by Robin, but all the shots I have are profile no head on shots. The other issue was the person filming the whole festival was right in front of me the whole time, so I could only see Trent from chest up for most of it. I think he moved right before HLAH... I was thrilled to see your pics and show was beyond amazing!!
Tracy

Thanks, Tracy! Yeah, they really do put VIP in a strange area. But were the other perks worth it? I'm debating whether or not to get it next year just for the ease of access to restrooms, haha! It was nearly impossible to get to one on Sunday. I waited about 45 minutes. Ridiculous.

TheBang
08-14-2013, 04:49 PM
If you guys are looking to purchase a camera for shows, I do get similar results with smaller cameras too. These are taken with a Nikon S6300: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157632652185378/with/8429757347/

And these are with a Nikon S9100: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157629612224300/

Thanks for the info and examples. Where are you standing for those pics? I'm usually standing by FOH for audio recording, so I imagine it would be difficult to get any pics like that from there.

JessicaSarahS
08-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info and examples. Where are you standing for those pics? I'm usually standing by FOH for audio recording, so I imagine it would be difficult to get any pics like that from there.

No problem! I was on rail for those sets. I'm 5'1, so I have to be really up close or super far away to see anything. Here's a set with my P100 from the back of Staples Center. (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157632607895044/) More blur, less crisp, etc.

DigitalChaos
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone have suggestions for some album art for the OSL rips? I'm having a hard time figuring something out.

I know JessicaSarahS has some great shots here:

Rest of the pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessicasarahs/sets/72157635033058041/

JessicaSarahS
08-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Anyone have suggestions for some album art for the OSL rips? I'm having a hard time figuring something out.

Feel free to use anything in there if you want. :)

ninjaw
08-15-2013, 02:04 AM

What's wrong with the official one ? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151814530746221&set=a.10151775399601221.1073741828.19787971220&type=1

Moebius
08-15-2013, 09:29 AM

Something with a the turtleneck in it ;)

mrspfotie
08-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Hi Jessica, Beside the strange area, it is well worth it. Never had to wait for a drink or a bathroom, (well not more than 5 minutes). I will probably always get VIP from here on out if I go to Outside Lands. I had GA in 2011 and the bathroon situation was a drag! We walked up really close for many bands on the same Lands End Stage like Artic Monkeys and the Black Keys cause I have some good shots from that year. Your cameras are so great that I think you would be able to still get great shots from the side.

Thanks, Tracy! Yeah, they really do put VIP in a strange area. But were the other perks worth it? I'm debating whether or not to get it next year just for the ease of access to restrooms, haha! It was nearly impossible to get to one on Sunday. I waited about 45 minutes. Ridiculous.