PDA

View Full Version : 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Pages : [1] 2

orestes
03-29-2013, 08:18 PM
http://www.lollapalooza.com

Official line up announced monday.

Single day tickets go on sale Wednesday, April 3rd.

heavenly_bearded
03-29-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm in! Chicago road trip! Got my 4 tickets! Where is the ETS party @?

EDIT: So it's confirmed, Friday August 2nd.

"Nine Inch Nails and The Killers will headline Friday, August 2nd, appearing alongside Queens of the Stone Age, New Order, Band of Horses, Hot Chip, Crystal Castles, Disclosure, Father John Misty, Ghost B.C., Jessie Ware, Smith Westerns, Icona Pop, and Chance the Rapper."

I'm sure there is a campground somewhere within a 50 mile radius, have not yet looked into it. My first trip to Lolla, is there a campground in specific I should look into for some good parties?

Collin
03-30-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm going, assuming I can get tickets. Do the single day tickets usually sell out fast?

skip niklas
03-31-2013, 07:17 PM
Are we sure they're playing Lolla? Jumping from Asia, the NA, then to Eastern Europe doesn't make much sense. I'm thinking they go straight to Eastern Europe and the States don't see NIN before fall.

ManBurning
04-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Well, lolla will be officially confirming their lineup tomorrow (April 1st) and they were originally planning on doing it on the 9th, but since that magazine advertisement photo hit the 'net last week, they decided to up the official lineup confirmation to Monday. So, the ad seems legit at this point, and NIN are on the bill.

Plus $$$$$$ will make someone jump from continent to continent regardless of how much of a pain in the ass it is for them. I think they will be doing more than 1 show on North American soil though during that 2 week period, doesn't make sense if they were coming back to North America JUST for lolla... There will be another show thrown in there before they head back overseas, guarenteed.

richardp
04-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Also it will probably be a no frills stage show, if not the exact same lighting rig used for Wave Goodbye, making it even easier to hop across continents.

Ash512
04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Do they usually annonce on which day each band plays on the line up announcement? I just reserved a hotel room and will only be attending the day NIN performs.

Moebius
04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Plus $$$$$$ will make someone jump from continent to continent regardless of how much of a pain in the ass it is for them. I think they will be doing more than 1 show on North American soil though during that 2 week period, doesn't make sense if they were coming back to North America JUST for lolla... There will be another show thrown in there before they head back overseas, guarenteed.

Maybe, unless they got a deal to be a Lollapalooza exclusive.

Kid Charlemagne
04-01-2013, 12:08 PM
NIN confirmed for Friday August 2nd.

witte
04-01-2013, 12:12 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/lollapalooza-confirms-2013-lineup-day-by-day-breakdown/

skip niklas
04-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Lame. Chicago got screwed out of a LITS show because they played Lolla, we better not get the same shaft this time around.

Moebius
04-02-2013, 09:32 AM
Sadly, I don't think we'll be getting a LITS show this time either.

skip niklas
04-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Well what the shit then?

ManBurning
04-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Just attend this show when it comes and then travel to a close city for the fall arena show, what's the problem?

That's what happened here in Vancouver in 2008. We got the show at the Pemberton festival to open the lights in the sky tour, and that was a scaled down LITS that was about 2-3 hours outside Vancouver at a town called Pemberton. Then when he did the secondary market in fall 2008 he skipped us over again doing Kelowna BC and then Victoria BC. I travelled about 6 hours to hit the Victoria show.

Hell, providing I get tickets tomorrow, i'll be going to this show. I think NIN is worth travelling for. I mean, i'd much rather go to Outside Lands festival over Lolla, but since OSL are procrastinating with releasing their lineup for another 2 weeks, I can't exactly play the waiting game. So I gotta take whatever North American show I can get.

richardp
04-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Lame. Chicago got screwed out of a LITS show because they played Lolla, we better not get the same shaft this time around.

What are you talking about? The Lolla 08 performance was the full LITS stage show. How is that not a Chicago LITS date?

ltrandazzo
04-03-2013, 12:08 AM

What richardp said. I was at Lolla '08 and it was the full stage setup for LITS. It was a LITS sky show and was listed as a tour stop.

ManBurning
04-03-2013, 12:16 AM
The above poster complaining about not getting a full show is probably talking about the fact they didn't get as many songs as the rest of the shows did. The stop in Lollapalooza got 25 songs according to setlist.fm. Where as the night before in Winnipeg, and the night after in Toronto both got 29 songs.

Still, 25 songs for a festival isn't bad considering there is a noise curfew. i was poking around on the 'net yesterday trying to figure out when the music needs to be over at Lollapalooza, and it's 10pm. Also found out that NIN hit the stage at 8:22pm their headlining night. so an hour and 40 min set isn't that bad. Yes, they were doing 2 hr sets at all the other stops which gave them an extra 4 songs. But all in all, they didn't get half a show, the bulk of it was there.

richardp
04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
The only songs that the Lolla show didn't get were Head Down, The Wretched (which already was a "maybe you get it/maybe you don't" track) and The Good Soldier.

ManBurning
04-03-2013, 01:00 AM
and the 4th missing song was God Given.

thefragile_jake
04-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Perfect! I'm gonna hopefully find a way to Chicago for this one. :D

skip niklas
04-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Correct, less songs (of which 3 or the 4 missing tracks were new ones not played in this market before) + outdoor venue hurting the intended visual presentation= not a proper LITS show. Maybe it's just me but I'm not into paying $100+ to go stand in the middle of Grant Park, or any park, in 100+ degree heat, fighting thousands of people for a good place to stand for 12 hours to see one band I like.

And sorry, I don't disposable income to travel state to state, country to country, or continent to continent following them. They're definitely worth it, and if I didn't have responsibilities that prevented me from doing such things I definitely would.

mostlymad
04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
If tickets are had, I'll be there.

ManBurning
04-03-2013, 10:01 AM
The lollapalooza website seems to have crashed literally the second tickets were supposed to hit... Yeah, this is going to be fun.

Krazy
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM
The lollapalooza website seems to have crashed literally the second tickets were supposed to hit... Yeah, this is going to be fun.
I just got through now to the stand by page- try again. And yes, this is fucking stupid.

ManBurning
04-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I got though to the stand by page, been there about 6 minutes.

m0reta
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Yes! I have a ticket for Friday! Waited about 8 min I think. Now to figure out where to stay.

mostlymad
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Got them. I'm in.

skullboy0
04-03-2013, 10:35 AM
They haven't said anything about it being sold out yet, but when I got through to the order page & tried to add 1 ticket to my cart, it said it couldn't find that many tickets.

Edit: Kept trying to add 1 ticket to my cart & it finally worked! Was able to complete my purchase & printed out my reciept.

Krazy
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM
They haven't said anything about it being sold out yet, but when I got through to the order page & tried to add 1 ticket to my cart, it said it couldn't find that many tickets.Same here, what a damn joke this is.

Krazy
04-03-2013, 10:42 AM
It's officially sold out. I hope the scalpers have to suck dick to unload their tickets.

skullboy0
04-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Lolla twitter is now saying Friday and Saturday are sold out. If you're still at the ticket-buying page I'd keep trying until about 11 just in case some transactions fail & you get lucky.

ManBurning
04-03-2013, 10:49 AM
I got mine, took 45 fucking minutes, but I secured Friday and Sunday. The 2 days I actually wanted to attend. That was a disaster!

Whoever thought these tickets for single days weren't gonna sell out must have been off their rocker! All 3 days sold out in less than an hour!

heavenly_bearded
04-03-2013, 11:17 AM
4 tickets for me :)

Had to buy 3 and go back for the fourth because it was sold out. Someone must have gotten booted from line, but I got my 4th! :)

Moebius
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Oof, completely forgot about this. Ugh.

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, I'm interested.

heavenly_bearded
04-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Oof, completely forgot about this. Ugh.

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket, I'm interested.

Go to the ticket sale page, click refresh from now til August 2nd.

Collin
04-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Scored my 2 friday tix! pumped.

Moebius
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Go to the ticket sale page, click refresh from now til August 2nd.

I have been checking, and I have a monitor on it. But gotta cover all the angles...

thefragile_jake
04-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I've got "all sold out" on my page. Oh well. Fall arena tour it is.

Krazy
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I got mine, took 45 fucking minutes, but I secured Friday and Sunday. The 2 days I actually wanted to attend. That was a disaster!

Whoever thought these tickets for single days weren't gonna sell out must have been off their rocker! All 3 days sold out in less than an hour!

It's not the single days that are the issue- it's the 3 day passes that are sold before anyone even knows (outside of some speculation) who plays the festival. The people who run this aren't dumb and know they aren't gonna sell ~75,000 per day at $100 per pop for shortened set lists once the line ups are announced.

SM Rollinger
04-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Is this (lolla as a whole) going to get a youtube live stream like they did with last years?

skip niklas
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Lolla likely will, they have the past few years, now the artists they choose to air is anyone's guess. Congrats to everyone who got tickets, here's to hoping the rest of us get an arena show later in the year. Anyone know the details on those Lolla contracts? How long can you not play in the area before/after?

ltrandazzo
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm not into paying $100+ to go stand in the middle of Grant Park, or any park, in 100+ degree heat

Actually, the weather for Lollapalooza is usually 80-85 degrees since it's Chicago and Grant Park is right there on the lake. It's a very pleasant festival to attend.

skip niklas
04-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Could've fooled me, I've only lived here for 30 years. Go figure.

Krazy
04-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Lolla likely will, they have the past few years, now the artists they choose to air is anyone's guess. Congrats to everyone who got tickets, here's to hoping the rest of us get an arena show later in the year. Anyone know the details on those Lolla contracts? How long can you not play in the area before/after?

Can't play within a 300 mile radius 6 months before, and 3 months after.

And yeah, I wouldn't exactly call Lolla a "pleasant" experience. Every time I've been there its ridiculously hot and humid and all those bodies dont help-I'm from Milwaukee and that's typical for early August weather.

SM Rollinger
04-03-2013, 05:43 PM
Can't play within a 300 mile radius 6 months before, and 3 months after.

And yeah, I wouldn't exactly call Lolla a "pleasant" experience. Every time I've been there its ridiculously hot and humid and all those bodies dont help-I'm from Milwaukee and that's typical for early August weather.

No doubt, ive been to many a festival in the midwest in late summer, and its teh suck. Kansas, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and there is only one that i can think of where is wasnt misrable. And for all the other ones, if im their to see the headliner, by the time they play, im so exhausted that all i can think of is "whens this gonna get over so i can go home?"

Id rather not be thinking that when i see the nails again

So 3 months huh, that means the us arena tour probably wont start till mid october-early november?

Krazy
04-03-2013, 07:41 PM
So 3 months huh, that means the us arena tour probably wont start till mid october-early november?
Trent stated fall, so fall officially starts September 20th/21st/wutever. They can play wherever they want just not the 300 mile radius of Chicago until 3 months after Lolla- which could put them into that radius as early as November 2ndish.

allegro
04-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Yes, the Lolla 300-mile radius clause says six months before and three months after.

However, bands can negotiate it. Or ignore it. We've seen it happen here in Chicago. The Chucks say it's not set in stone.

http://timeoutchicago.com/music-nightlife/music/87172/is-lollapaloozas-radius-clause-that-big-of-a-deal

Ash512
04-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I'll be coming down from Montreal! Got tickets for Friday and Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing Beach House and Grizzly Bear on Sunday as well.

ManBurning
04-04-2013, 12:43 AM
I'll be coming down from Montreal! Got tickets for Friday and Sunday. Really looking forward to seeing Beach House and Grizzly Bear on Sunday as well.

Yay, another Canadian coming down! I was wondering if I was going to be the only one (on this board anyway). I seem to be the person coming the furthest here so far though. Everyone is coming from a neighbouring state or two over. Anyone else coming from overseas or from another country for this show? Anyone from the west coast (Oregon, Washington, California) attending?

Ash512
04-04-2013, 06:56 AM
Yay, another Canadian coming down!

...AHEM!... Qu้b้cois.

:)

shagg_187
04-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Fuck me... I was going to buy the single tickets but it's sold out. I could've sworn they were going on sale today.

Oh well... :(

imail724
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
God I wish this was still a tour.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

heavenly_bearded
04-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Fuck me... I was going to buy the single tickets but it's sold out. I could've sworn they were going on sale today.

Oh well... :(

Tickets were on sale yesterday 10:00 am. How do you guys not prepare for this?

We love Canadians! More the merrier!

Krazy
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM

There were a number of us that tried getting tickets the second they went on sale, and got fucked. Did I miss something- were we supposed to do some Voodoo chants while logging into our PC's?

And I'm sure there were more than a handful of people that had shit to do and were occupied. Like being at work, and possibly taking care of their kids.

heavenly_bearded
04-04-2013, 11:46 AM
There were a number of us that tried getting tickets the second they went on sale, and got fucked. Did I miss something- were we supposed to do some Voodoo chants while logging into our PC's?

And I'm sure there were more than a handful of people that had shit to do and were occupied. Like being at work, and possibly taking care of their kids.

Whatever, the voodoo chant worked for me :) Never had a problem getting any tickets...

And NIN tickets like this are much more important than work or taking care of your kids, I remember listening to my son crying in the other room while I sat and clicked F5 for about a half hour.

EDIT: lol wow I actually got some hatemail about this and even a my first Facepalm, from orestes even... I was joking friends :) Manburning and nine_inch_nerd got it.

shagg_187
04-04-2013, 01:18 PM

We love Canadians! More the merrier!

I don't know why I was thinking April 4th. Silly me. I wanted to travel down but oh well. Maybe I'll just pay a scalper twice the money... :/

Hazekiah
04-07-2013, 05:47 AM
^ Be careful with the scalpers. Lollapalooza has spotters looking for that for at least a block or two in all directions. And they bust them AFTER the sale, then take your ticket/wristband on your way to the gates. Ugh.

And, btw...I'm in the same boat.

Anyone looking to sell a ticket?

:-\

shagg_187
04-09-2013, 02:27 PM
^ Be careful with the scalpers. Lollapalooza has spotters looking for that for at least a block or two in all directions. And they bust them AFTER the sale, then take your ticket/wristband on your way to the gates. Ugh.

And, btw...I'm in the same boat.

Anyone looking to sell a ticket?

:-\

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll buy it online. Ugh, so expensive for a single ticket though. I wish someone sold them for face value. Worst part is that I don't want 'a' ticket; I want 4 tickets.

Krazy
04-09-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll buy it online. Ugh, so expensive for a single ticket though. I wish someone sold them for face value. Worst part is that I don't want 'a' ticket; I want 4 tickets.

Don't buy them yet. It's nearly four months away and the number of tickets on Stubhub increases by the day- prices will definitely go down and wouldn't doubt if you could find them for face value at some point, even the day of the show around the streets.

EDIT: slightly off topic but holy crap, go to Stubhub and check out HTDA tickets. Some of those are practically being given away.

shagg_187
04-10-2013, 07:36 AM
Don't buy them yet. It's nearly four months away and the number of tickets on Stubhub increases by the day- prices will definitely go down and wouldn't doubt if you could find them for face value at some point, even the day of the show around the streets.

EDIT: slightly off topic but holy crap, go to Stubhub and check out HTDA tickets. Some of those are practically being given away.

The only thing is that I live in Toronto and was planning to drive down, so day of the show purchase isn't feasible for me.

With that said, you are right about HTDA tickets. $8 a ticket? I paid $50 and now I'm questioning if I should feel like I should've waited! I'm literally staring at 4 tickets for the price of one! :P

Moebius
04-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Lolla tickets haven't been mailed yet, so all you'd be buying right now is a promise. I'm in the same boat looking for a ticket, but it's way too early to get worried about it.

redshoewearer
04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
I picked up 2 1-day passes each for Friday and Sunday for me and my daughter. My husband then announces that he might want to go visit his relatives that weekend and take my daughter. So there is a *small* chance that I"ll have to sell, but no way to know till about mid May. If I do, I will sell mine at face, but I hope to be there. We went in 2008 and want to be there this time.

Krazy
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
^^^^ First dibs!!! :P

Moebius
04-10-2013, 04:31 PM
I'd definitely take one if you end up not needing it.

redshoewearer
04-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Okay if I have to let them go I'll let you guys know.

heavenly_bearded
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm looking for 2 more tickets for a couple friends for the Friday August 2 show. PM me if you have any to spare. Willing to spend $150 each. I can paypal or meet before the show.

bobbie solo
04-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Lollapalooza is almost certain to be brutally hot at least part of the weekend. it's like that every year. it's a very tough day to slog through.

Krazy
04-19-2013, 07:47 PM
For those that got them- when are wristbands supposed to be delivered?

ManBurning
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
For those that got them- when are wristbands supposed to be delivered?

The bottom of the confirmation e-mail says "Lollapalooza orders will be shipped via UPS Ground beginning June 2013. Signature is required for delivery. No PO Boxes and UPS will e-mail you a tracking number when package ships."

So, guess beginning of June it is. I always have bad luck with the mail, so hope everything goes smoothly with my mailing of my package.

ManBurning
05-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Lollapalooza announced their set times today.

Nine Inch Nails will go on Stage Friday, August 2nd for 8:15-10:00.
Not bad, a little under 2 hours. Was worried their set would get cut short because it's a festival but that's almost like a regular arena set. I'm happy with that.

http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/events/2013/08/02/

The Cure get a full 2 hours from 8-10, so also pretty happy about that, they're the other band I am going there for specifically.

heavenly_bearded
05-25-2013, 02:52 PM
I have a couple of friends looking for Friday passes. Driving in from MN. I can paypal now or pay at the show. Hoping to get face value but will pay $150 per pass. Send a PM if you can help. Thanks!

Collin
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
oh, shit. Now that Trent's announced the Tension 2013 stuff, does that mean that there the big light setup wont appear at Lollapalooza? Will it just be a stripped down light rig? I mean, the 2008 Lolla had the LITS production, but that was because it appeared in the middle of that tour. It would be kind of a ripoff if he didn't bring the bigger production since there isn't any other Chicago date on the actual Tension 2013 tour.

skullboy0
06-06-2013, 12:23 PM
My guess would be no.:( The two "tours" have different sections on the Tour page, & there's a month off between them which to me would suggest production rehearsals for the Tension tour. Hopefully either I'll be wrong or another Chicago area date will be announced at some point. I managed to get my ticket for Lolla, but having seen LITS at Lolla I don't think it had quite the same impact in a festival setting as it would have in an arena. I'm 6' 2" & had to get up on my toes to see the screens.

Moebius
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm not expecting it, but it's still their first US date, so I'm sure it'll be great regardless.

ManBurning
06-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm just stoked that i'll get to hear the new tracks before the are officially released! Nothing beats experiencing NIN tracks live first hand and not knowing them, looking forward to it!

The funny thing is, unless someone gets ahold of a setlist for these first few shows, nobody will know what to write as a setlist... we'll have to write (new song) or take a guess with some re-occuring lyrics sung in the song.

I want to stay away from looking at the setlists for the 2 shows before Lollapalooza anyway. Want to be surprised, and considering it's the 3rd show, I think I can manage.

skullboy0
06-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Confirmation from Rob's Twitter:
Two productions: One for the summer festivals, totally different for Fall.

Moebius
06-06-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm just stoked that i'll get to hear the new tracks before the are officially released! Nothing beats experiencing NIN tracks live first hand and not knowing them, looking forward to it!

Maybe; probably. Remember that the Year Zero tracks got debuted one at a time, and only a few of them before the actual album release.

ManBurning
06-06-2013, 03:06 PM
If they release any more individual tracks here and there, from now until the release of the album, i'll probably not listen to them. I'd rather listen to the album in full from front to back as a whole than listen to invidiual tracks. That said, maybe i'll cave in and listen to ONE more, haha!

It's always hard to control yourself when new NIN tracks/album come out. I think I did pretty well with [With_Teeth], but failed miserably with YZ, listened to them one at a time as they trickled in. Maybe that's why I am not too fond of YZ as an album as a whole, as the way I experienced the tracks kind of ruined the album experience for me.

Personally, i'm gonna try my best to hold off to hear them live first and then wait for the release of the record.

Collin
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Confirmation from Rob's Twitter:
Two productions: One for the summer festivals, totally different for Fall.

Interesting, some guy asked if it was going to be as big as the LITS style production, and Rob claimed that it "sure as hell is." I don't know if he means for both or just the fall one. I hope that the summer festival production is still as visually crazy as LITS or even HTDA, but I trust in Rob's abilities.

Moebius
06-06-2013, 04:01 PM
I did some checking - on the last album (Year Zero), 5 tracks were leaked before the released date, but only two of them were actually played live before the album came out. Even by the end of the Performance 2007 tour, only 7 YZ tracks had debuted live; it would be nearly another year until the LITS tour when the rest of the YZ live debuts occurred.

So don't expect to necessarily hear a ton of new songs.

ManBurning
06-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Hmm... Yeah, good point. I was already thinking because they were festival dates, they would probably be playing songs that are "popular" or cater to your "average fan". That explains why there are different productions for both tours.

However, when the [With_Teeth] Club shows in Fesno, Reno and Davis happened in March 2005 (month and a half before the album dropped) they debuted 5 brand new never before heard tracks in fresno http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2005/william-saroyan-theatre-fresno-ca-6bd6f6c6.html (Love is not enough, You Know What you are, The Collector, Home and With teeth)

With THTF and TLBTB being played live for the first time that show as well (those tracks leaked online before hand).
Then Getting Smaller was played 2 nights later in Davis.

Soooo, it could go either way. There will be a few that will be played before they are heard, that's for sure. How many though, is unclear. But i'd bank on at least 3 new tracks, maybe 4 per festival (one of them of course being Came Back Haunted).

skullboy0
06-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm starting to lean towards hitting up the 2nd Vegas show. LITS I figured they'd come back through Chicago at the end of the tour, which never happened. & I know Rob has said at some point they had to "downsize" the equipment for LITS to be able to lose one of the trucks to save costs. So there is a chance that any 2014 US dates will be a different production than the Tension tour, & looking over the schedule I don't see many openings for US dates this year that have yet to be announced. September will probably be finishing up production design for the Tension tour & going into production rehearsals, & I'd have to think given all the work he's done this year between HTDA & NIN he's probably taking December off.

I know there's closer shows, but I don't feel like driving to them, & I've been to Vegas enough that I know my way around vs. flying into a strange city I've never been. I'd REALLY like to take the week of Thanksgiving off & follow them around, but financially it's not in the cards.

Moebius
06-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I know there's closer shows, but I don't feel like driving to them, & I've been to Vegas enough that I know my way around vs. flying into a strange city I've never been. I'd REALLY like to take the week of Thanksgiving off & follow them around, but financially it's not in the cards.

You could take the train to Kansas City, St. Louis, St. Paul, Cleveland... the last two are both on Saturdays. I don't know the layout of St. Paul but in Cleveland the train station and the venue (and there of downtown) are within walking distance.

ILoveFestivals
06-06-2013, 06:38 PM
This is just my opinion and I know it's late but I just rejoined...

Buying tickets to music festivals, such as Lollapalooza, (which is one of the biggest and best in North America and maybe the World) can really suck. It's all worth it though when you're there in downtown Chicago with Buckingham Fountain as the centrepiece surrounded by 100K other festival attendees. I don't agree with selling tickets before the lineup is released, but when you are as big as Lolla you can pretty much do whatever you want. It disappointing, but... "That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't. That the way she goes." Ray, TPB

ILoveFestivals
06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm starting to lean towards hitting up the 2nd Vegas show. LITS I figured they'd come back through Chicago at the end of the tour, which never happened. & I know Rob has said at some point they had to "downsize" the equipment for LITS to be able to lose one of the trucks to save costs. So there is a chance that any 2014 US dates will be a different production than the Tension tour, & looking over the schedule I don't see many openings for US dates this year that have yet to be announced. September will probably be finishing up production design for the Tension tour & going into production rehearsals, & I'd have to think given all the work he's done this year between HTDA & NIN he's probably taking December off.

I don't remembering ever hearing that NIN scaled backed there LITS tour for Lollapalooza. It didn't look like it either, but if they did I think I know why. If anybody remembers the original billing for Lollapalooza in 2008 it was, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Kanye West etc... That lineup was changed to Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Kanye West, Nine Inch Nails etc... I heard that Kanye had bitched that he wasn't performing on the main AT&T stage, so Trent switched to the secondary Bud Light Main Stage and gave Kanye the AT&T stage. Ironically it was apparently because the Bud Light Stage couldn't hold all of Kanye's lighting material (this was part of his Glow in the Dark tour). In the end he didn't even bring all the equipment to Lolla anyways. But again NIN had all 3 screens during their performance, so I don't think it was scaled back.

skullboy0
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
I don't remembering ever hearing that NIN scaled backed there LITS tour for Lollapalooza.

It wasn't for Lolla, I know I saw Rob say somewhere that the reason for losing the swinging lights during The Big Comedown later in the tour was that they had to make everything fit in one less truck for cost reasons.

& thanks for the train info Moebius, for some reason that option never really crossed my mind.

ericy210
06-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Do you think qotsa will join them for an encore?

Ash512
06-07-2013, 08:10 AM
For experienced Lolla goers : how early do I need to get there in order to secure a decent spot not too far from the stage? Can I leave between QOTSA and NIN's sets to try to catch something else without risking being a mile away from the stage?
Am I right guessing The Killers should draw a lot of the crowd away from NIN and make it easier for us?

Kodiak33
06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
For experienced Lolla goers : how early do I need to get there in order to secure a decent spot not too far from the stage? Can I leave between QOTSA and NIN's sets to try to catch something else without risking being a mile away from the stage?
Am I right guessing The Killers should draw a lot of the crowd away from NIN and make it easier for us?

Well it depends on who it is, you might have a better chance this year with NIN. We saw (two years ago) Bright Eyes right before Coldplay. I went up to the front of the sound/camera rig right after Bright Eyes was done (and it was packed). People left to goto the bathroom whatever, and my gf did that while I went to the front of the rig. That is a great place to stand for a show. So I would not leave in between QOTSA and NIN, I would work your way up after QOTSA.

ManBurning
06-07-2013, 01:23 PM

I asked A similar question in "The Festival Thread" part of this form (under musical revolution), about when to get there, etc. @allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76) made a few good points.

My original post wasn't directed toward YOU. It was directed toward @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33), who wants to get a good spot for NIN. And if you want THAT, you have to get there in front of the NIN stage in the MORNING and suffer through everybody else, honestly.

I PRIMARILY wanted to see Frightened Rabbit on a side stage. It's so crowded, now, I couldn't even get anywhere near the fucking Frightened Rabbit side stage at 2 pm.

Yup. And if Kanye was packed over where you were, and I wasn't able to get (without being a total DOUCHE) closer to the NIN stage than the sound tent (having arrived at the NIN stage for the band just before NIN), then it's safe to say that if @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) wants to be closer than "20 rows back," he'd better start checking the crowd levels pretty early.

So, basically, we either have to get there at the crack of dawn to secure a great spot for Nails, or just accept the fact we're there to enjoy the music and be happy we are at least going. Hell, worse comes to worst, we got the fall tour dates now, so more NIN later in the year! We can make up getting as close as we want for those shows with the 15 minute early pre-sale admission. :)

ILoveFestivals
06-07-2013, 04:40 PM
My advice to anybody going to Lollapalooza is ENJOY LOLLAPALOOZA and see as many bands as you can. If you're at the Bud Light Stage for QOTSA stay there for NIN and you'll be fine. You'll get a decent view of the stage from as far back as just behind the sound booth. Remember NIN is touring this fall and most likely again in 2014 so ENJOY LOLLAPALOOZA!

allegro
06-09-2013, 11:33 AM
They always have those really giant projection screens on either side of the stage, plus you can see the special effects lighting from outer space. So, yeah, just enjoy the music on a beautiful night on Lake Michigan in Chicago.

ltrandazzo
06-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Now's as good a time as any -

I have two Friday tickets and two Sunday tickets that I'm looking to get rid of. Price is the cost. No extra charge. I'm willing to accept below cost within reason, of course.

Krazy
06-09-2013, 12:27 PM
In!!!!!!

Will send PM

ltrandazzo
06-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Friday claimed - Sunday is stilll available if you want to meet up so I can tell you how awesome NIN was on Friday!

ILoveFestivals
06-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Well done Lt. Randazzo. It's great to see people on this forum that have extras put those tickets in the hands of real fans for face value!

Krazy
06-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Still looking for tickets- if anyone has some for face lemme know.

ManBurning
06-19-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm just wondering when these bad boys are supposed to be shipped... The e-mail said starting in June, and we're approaching the end of June.
I hope I get my tickets in time, as I won't be here last week of July to collect my mail, will be on my way to the festival leaving Friday, July 26th, so they better not ship them 2 weeks before the event, as I will be going to the festival without my passes then.

heavenly_bearded
06-19-2013, 11:27 PM
My email says "Lollapalooza orders ship via USPS mail beginning July 2013."

ILoveFestivals
06-20-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm just wondering when these bad boys are supposed to be shipped... The e-mail said starting in June, and we're approaching the end of June.
I hope I get my tickets in time, as I won't be here last week of July to collect my mail, will be on my way to the festival leaving Friday, July 26th, so they better not ship them 2 weeks before the event, as I will be going to the festival without my passes then.
Call Front Gate Tickets and inquire with them when you are going to get your tickets. If there is an issue they will just transfer your tickets to will call for you to pick up starting Thursday August 1st. A friend of mine hadn't got his ticket a week before a couple years back so they just transferred it to will call. IF you do have to go the will call route get there early!

ManBurning
06-20-2013, 11:20 PM
^ Oh, you can call them and get it changed to will call? Cool. I'll call them 2nd week of July if they aren't here yet and tell them i'm leaving town and see if they can get it changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Krazy
06-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Well, hopefully they ship early July so people can start selling them for somewhat normal prices on secondary sites.

Yes- I'm still beyond pissed off at that bull shit single day sale fuck job. And fuck the Miami Heat, and the choke job Spurs. Dammit.

Krazy
06-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Imagine Dragons is playing Summerfest this Saturday in Milwaukee. How's that not against the radius clause? Everything I read it's for all bands, not just headliners.

I should email ID demanding a stack of Lollapalooza tickets, or blackmail comes into play.

<---------- pissed off NIN fan still looking for Lolla tickets

Blackbookpress1984
06-25-2013, 12:12 PM
whats this radius clause you speak of?

skullboy0
06-25-2013, 12:38 PM
whats this radius clause you speak of?

"In addition to dominating the city’s summer concert scene by its sheer scope and size—last year, Lollapalooza drew a record 270,000 attendees to hear its 130 bands—the festival wields unequaled power over the Chicago music scene via the radius clauses it places on all of those the acts that play on its stages. These prohibit artists from performing for six months before the festival and three months after it anywhere within 300 miles of Grant Park, which includes concert markets as far away as Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa City, Detroit and Indianapolis."

http://www.wbez.org/blogs/jim-derogatis/2012-04/new-lollapalooza-deal-blown-opportunity-98257

Quote & further talk of the Radius Clause towards the bottom of the page.

Dragoro
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
So how is NIN playing in Detroit on Oc7 if they play in chicago in august, and Lola has that radius clause?

Blackbookpress1984
06-25-2013, 12:49 PM
"In addition to dominating the city’s summer concert scene by its sheer scope and size—last year, Lollapalooza drew a record 270,000 attendees to hear its 130 bands—the festival wields unequaled power over the Chicago music scene via the radius clauses it places on all of those the acts that play on its stages. These prohibit artists from performing for six months before the festival and three months after it anywhere within 300 miles of Grant Park, which includes concert markets as far away as Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa City, Detroit and Indianapolis."

http://www.wbez.org/blogs/jim-derogatis/2012-04/new-lollapalooza-deal-blown-opportunity-98257

Quote & further talk of the Radius Clause towards the bottom of the page.
wow. did not know this. thank you .

skullboy0
06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
So how is NIN playing in Detroit on Oc7 if they play in chicago in august, and Lola has that radius clause?

Should've quoted the next paragraph:

"C3 Presents has defended the radius clauses as standard practice in the concert industry, and it claims it waives them for any acts that ask. As the Sun-Times noted (http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/11824928-421/black-sabbath-chili-peppers-will-play-lollapalooza.html), several of this year’s headliners, including the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Black Keys, will have played elsewhere in Chicago shortly before appearing in Grant Park."

Just for kicks I put "Grant Park Chicago IL to Palace of Auburn Hills" directions into Google Maps & it comes up at around 300 miles, but that's on highways, not as the proverbial crow flies which is how I'm assuming the radius clause would measure distance.

Blackbookpress1984
06-25-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah, not sure exactly how it all works, but the article had some interesting info.

Moebius
06-25-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah, the downside to having so many festivals in Chicago is that there aren't nearly as many solo shows in the summer due to radius clauses.

m0reta
06-25-2013, 06:05 PM
This will be my first Lolla. I'm highly excited and very suggestible! Is there a ferris wheel? If so does it have a good view?

Krazy
06-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Here's a radius map:

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

Last time I used this I thought Detroit was out of the radius. Also note St. Louis is in the 300 miles too.

Moebius
06-25-2013, 06:19 PM
This will be my first Lolla. I'm highly excited and very suggestible! Is there a ferris wheel? If so does it have a good view?

There's not a ferris wheel at Lollapalooza, but there is a permanent one at Navy Pier.

skullboy0
06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Here's a radius map:

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

Last time I used this I thought Detroit was out of the radius. Also note St. Louis is in the 300 miles too.

Wow, goes to show how ridiculous this radius clause is, most of the major cities in every neighboring state are out, & a lot of the ones 2 states to the east.

Moebius
06-26-2013, 11:05 AM
Wow, goes to show how ridiculous this radius clause is, most of the major cities in every neighboring state are out, & a lot of the ones 2 states to the east.

lazy link: 300 mile radius around Chicago (http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm?clat=41.878114&clng=-87.629798&r=482.80&lc=FFFFFF&lw=1&fc=00FF00)

Cleveland is juuuuuuust a bit outside.

skullboy0
06-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Interesting that Queens of the Stone Age (really digging their new album, & they go on right before NIN) is playing a LOT of shows inside the 300 mile radius on that map.

Detroit, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, & Louisville

NIN is playing St Louis but QOTSA doesn't have a date scheduled there currently, & neither band is playing Milwaukee.

Annoying that there isn't a NIN date closer to Chicago on the Tension tour due to the different production & that people had trouble getting tix.

Sold out fast enough that I think Lolla itself is becoming as much of a draw as who's actually playing it, hopefully the radius thing will open up a bit in the future.

Zipfinator
06-26-2013, 05:38 PM
If anyone happens to have an extra ticket or two for Friday and is looking to sell them soon I would be looking to scoop them up. I didn't have the money back when the tickets were sold and was hoping there'd be a non festival date but now that QOTSA and NIN are playing back to back it is too much to resist.

ManBurning
06-28-2013, 02:07 AM
My email says "Lollapalooza orders ship via USPS mail beginning July 2013."

That's strange, because I just looked at the confirmation e-mail from Lollapalooza and mine sure as heck says June...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/lollashippinginfo_zps0a8d4bef.png (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/lollashippinginfo_zps0a8d4bef.png.html)

So, I guess they can still go out tomorrow. It will be the last "business day" of June. I doubt they ship things on the weekend, but tomorrow is June 28th so... *crosses fingers*

ninlive
06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Having a lot of conflicts on Friday for this one with bands I was hoping to see throughout the weekend. Besides Crystal Castles, New Order, Hot Chip, NIN, Grizzly Bear and The Cure... I hardly know any acts. Anyone got some suggestions?

Kodiak33
06-28-2013, 07:35 AM
I like the Neighbourhood, Atlas Genius, Smith Westerns are OK. You might check them out on Youtube or something.

ILoveFestivals
06-28-2013, 04:40 PM
That's strange, because I just looked at the confirmation e-mail from Lollapalooza and mine sure as heck says June...

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/lollashippinginfo_zps0a8d4bef.png (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/lollashippinginfo_zps0a8d4bef.png.html)

So, I guess they can still go out tomorrow. It will be the last "business day" of June. I doubt they ship things on the weekend, but tomorrow is June 28th so... *crosses fingers*
"Worst case Ontario" if you don't have the tickets by the third week of July you can call and should be able to get them switched to will call. I'm sure it will all work out and you'll get them in the mail in time.

Somebody get the reference please.

ILoveFestivals
06-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Having a lot of conflicts on Friday for this one with bands I was hoping to see throughout the weekend. Besides Crystal Castles, New Order, Hot Chip, NIN, Grizzly Bear and The Cure... I hardly know any acts. Anyone got some suggestions?
For Friday Disclosure are fucking great (I know they slightly overlap New Order), the neighbourhood, Icona Pop, Smith Westerns and Ghost B.C. Ghost B.C. are a really great heavy metal band from Sweden. Just throwing bands on top of what you are already seeing that you might be interested in checking out.
For Saturday I'd say Little Green Cars, HAIM, Local Natives, Foals/Adventure Club(dub step)/the National, Kendrick Lamar/Death Grips/the Lumineers, and really any of the headliners/closer. Steve Angello will be a huge dance party, Azeila Banks will be a dance party with a lot of rap, Mumford & Sons is self explanatory and of course the Postal Service.
For Sunday I'd go with Palma Violets, Angel Haze, Baroness/MS MR, Two Door Cinema Club/Wavves/Tegan & Sara, Vaccines/DIIV/Dog Blood/Grizzly Bear, Beach House/Major Lazer/Vampire Weekend, and the Cure. Just for anybody else going Knofe Party and Phoenix are going to kill it at the same time as the Cure. Just sayin.

Is there any genre(a) you really like or don't like?

heavenly_bearded
06-28-2013, 05:13 PM
https://www.facebook.com/dobeltequila/app_262704427205893 Submit a "rockin" photo of you and a friend and you can win VIP passes, round-trip airfare, hotel for all 3 days, and $500 spending money. If you win, I make a great +1 for that VIP and will already be there so no worries about the plane ride :)

ninlive
06-28-2013, 07:05 PM
For Friday Disclosure are fucking great (I know they slightly overlap New Order), the neighbourhood, Icona Pop, Smith Westerns and Ghost B.C. Ghost B.C. are a really great heavy metal band from Sweden. Just throwing bands on top of what you are already seeing that you might be interested in checking out.
For Saturday I'd say Little Green Cars, HAIM, Local Natives, Foals/Adventure Club(dub step)/the National, Kendrick Lamar/Death Grips/the Lumineers, and really any of the headliners/closer. Steve Angello will be a huge dance party, Azeila Banks will be a dance party with a lot of rap, Mumford & Sons is self explanatory and of course the Postal Service.
For Sunday I'd go with Palma Violets, Angel Haze, Baroness/MS MR, Two Door Cinema Club/Wavves/Tegan & Sara, Vaccines/DIIV/Dog Blood/Grizzly Bear, Beach House/Major Lazer/Vampire Weekend, and the Cure. Just for anybody else going Knofe Party and Phoenix are going to kill it at the same time as the Cure. Just sayin.

Is there any genre(a) you really like or don't like?

I appreciate this, a LOT!! My music spectrum is rather broad and appreciate all types. So I will definitely check these bands out. Lets be real, most of everyone's musical tastes on this board must be similar. Thanks, this makes me feel good about the other days.

ILoveFestivals
06-28-2013, 09:13 PM
I appreciate this, a LOT!! My music spectrum is rather broad and appreciate all types. So I will definitely check these bands out. Lets be real, most of everyone's musical tastes on this board must be similar. Thanks, this makes me feel good about the other days.
I'm glad I could help out. Ill be living this years Lollapalooza vicariously through you all! and the webcast! Hahahaha

Krazy
06-28-2013, 09:27 PM
There's a webcast?...

Krazy
06-28-2013, 11:34 PM
If anyone wants to trade a Lolla NIN wristband for the Saturday LV show let me know.

ILoveFestivals
06-29-2013, 12:53 AM
There's a webcast?...
Yeah they do a live webcast every year. They will release the schedule the week of the festival. Last year I watched At the Drive-In, Jack White, the Black Keys, Chili Peppers etc... They always have the biggest acts streamed live. All the big/best festivals in do webcasts; Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, Coachella, Hangout, Ultra, etc in North America. If you can't make it to them it's the next best thing.

P.S. I would highly recommend checking out the Glastonbury webcast taking place this weekend. Arctic Monkeys killed it on the Pyramid Stage last night.

ManBurning
06-29-2013, 05:29 AM
as @ILoveFestivals (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2773) said, Ghost BC (usually just know as Ghost) put on a spectacular show. If you are attending Lolla this year, you do NOT want to miss them. Their live show is spectacular.

I have tickets to the "official Lollapalooza" aftershow w/ Ghost at the Double Door on Saturday. and i'm almost as excited to see them there as seeing NIN live at Lolla for the first time since 2009!

somewhat_
06-29-2013, 04:58 PM
I have to admit, the combination of not seeing nine inch nails live in such a long time and learning that they are planning a separate impressive production for the summer festivals really makes me want to head to lolla.

ericy210
07-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Sorry to repeat the delivery question, but we are in to July. Anybody get tix yet? Thanks

Krazy
07-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Wristbands are on CL with pics, so I'm assuming they've shipped. FYI- Lolla only has the wristband, no tickets.

On a side note I'm reminding myself to stock up on 2014 Lolla wristbands when they go on sale next April and scalp them. And I won't have any regrets doing it, fuck them and the way they sell passes before bands are confirmed.

ManBurning
07-06-2013, 02:20 AM
I got a shipment confirmation e-mail from UPS. The wristbands are being shipped from Austin, TX of all places, strange...
Expected delivery date is July 12th (the day before my Birthday) Hope I get an early birthday gift from UPS, lol.

I still have to worry about nobody answering the door on the delivery date though. I live in a basement suite and all the mail goes through the upstairs. I have educated the people upstairs that an important package will be arriving from UPS soon and they only release it upon a signature, so I hope one of the upstairs neighbours obnoxious teenagers don't fuck around and sign for the package when it's delivered.

I also thought about putting a sign on the front door instructing UPS to go around back and ring the basement doorbell. Or, I might just have to camp outside all morning waiting for them. Luckily I have that day off. I've missed WAAAAY too many packages due to my current mail setup. Sometimes I hate living in a basement suite and not being on control of getting my mail.

Sometimes the people upstairs hoard our mail for weeks and we get a big pile of overdue bills all at once. *rolls eyes* Luckily I have a tracking number for these tickets so I can see if they are signed for and/or if delivery had been attempted.

sins0ffreck
07-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Lollapalooza tends to have a following of people who go every year no matter what. The process is the secret sale happens, followed by a sale of early bird tickets before the line up happens. Every year before this one the line up drops after the early bird sales. This year the line up leaked a full month before early bird tickets even went on sale, so they rushed things when early birds sold out in seconds. Normally it's takes a full day for early birds to sell out, and regular passes last a month at least, not selling out in a few hours. This year was a mess in comparison to other years but that's because Of strong headliners I think. The after shows didnt sell out nearly as fast so I honestly think it was a combination of the cure, nin, Mumford and the postal service.

ManBurning
07-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Bloody hell... I knew I shouldn't have gotten excited and came here to write about my UPS delivery anticipation, they changed the arrival date to Monday July 15th now, I do not have that day off so I cannot camp outside all morning to intercept the delivery person in the event the kids upstairs aren't home or fuck around.

I guess i'll just keep watching it and make a decision on when the tickets get closer to my area. They're still in Texas now. It's the weekend, so I assume delivery will resume on Monday again.

sins0ffreck
07-07-2013, 05:00 AM
I just got my wristbands yesterday.

I should also point out to the person wanting to scalp next year- buying a bunch of tickets to scalp still Puts the money in Lollas hands, while hurting the fans like you who can't see their favorite bands because some jerk bought a bunch to scalp. No where in that idea dose it "show lolla organizers" it just makes you the ass hole that I'd assume you hate because you didn't get a wrist band this year.

To anyone wanting one, wait it out a little more. Prices on stub hub are dropping, and same with eBay, because people bought a bunch and now can't go. It happens every year, if you are in the area there are usually a few people trying to make their money back on the art institute steps also. Just be patient, they are shipping now so more people will be selling them. I go to this event every year, it happens like clock work.

Krazy
07-07-2013, 11:43 AM
^^^ I was being somewhat sarcastic about scalping next years wristbands.

I said it before and I'll say it again: biggest issue with Lolla and any other huge festival is selling 3-day passes before any bands are announced (and no, the bands were not leaked prior to sales). I understand that some people will go "just to go", but this is their way of ensuring sales to the wrong hands. They don't care as long as it sells, and fans are left waiting for leaks or an official announcement when the majority (3 days) are already sold out.

sins0ffreck
07-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Yes, they were leaked. A picture surfaced of the full page add for rolling stone with all the bands, that's why it was all rushed. Like I said before, the early bird tickets go for people who will go regardless of bands, then the line up gets announced then regular tickets go on sale AFTER a line up is released. Things got messed up this year. I've been going for years, this is the first year it's been a clusterfuck. When I went to get my early bird tickets, they had sold out in seconds and I was immediately given the link for regular tickets which shocked me. Like I said, this year was messed up because of the leak. If you don't believe me, just look back through the lollapalooza Facebook page, older posts of people freaking out about the leak and such.

If you do end up going, I hope you have a good time, it's one of my favorite festivals. Check out bands you normally wouldn't and take advantage of the fun freebies that Toyota does. Also people watching is part of the fun there lol

fuckit
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
first post. wow i've waited 3 years too long to register. i'll share a couple of joints to whoever on here is going. i'd rather share with some real fans of NIN at lolla, as i've noticed in the past it's not an easy thing to recognize who is. also, should i be worried if my wristband hasn't arrived yet?

Krazy
07-08-2013, 05:15 PM
^^^ No, I wouldn't worry. Sounds like they started shipping them but they don't all ship at the same time. ManBurning above said his are supposed to arrive in a week so there must be a way to track your order.

ManBurning
07-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Well, I only had 2 options. The only Delivery method I had was "Global Ground UPS" for $20, or will call pick up. I went with the delivery, didn't think it was gonna take this long though, but I live in Canada so those were my only options.

Apparently for no additional cost, residents of the USA could get theirs shipped free of charge by regular United States Postal Service, but without the option of having a tracking number. So, yeah... if you didn't pay the extra $20 for UPS tracking, it is shipped regular mail with no tracking abilities.

My package is back on track for being delivered on Friday the 12th now. *crosses fingers* it's in Colorado now.

brent1986
07-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm looking to sell 2 tickets for Friday's show. It turns out I wont be able to make the trip to Chicago so I am hoping to sell my tickets for face value. If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to message me. Thanks!

Krazy
07-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm looking to sell 2 tickets for Friday's show. It turns out I wont be able to make the trip to Chicago so I am hoping to sell my tickets for face value. If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to message me. Thanks!

In Denver? Fuuuuuuuuccccck. :/

For those that got a single Friday pass, mind posting a pic of it? Just wondering what they look like and are made out of. I think the 3 day ones are the woven fabric with electronic device in the snap. I saw one crappy pic of a Friday pass and it looked like it was made out of paper...

ManBurning
07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
In Denver? Fuuuuuuuuccccck. :/

You know, you don't have to LIVE in Denver to purchase his tickets... The chances of him finding a Denver buyer willing to travel to Chicago is slim to none.
These tickets are up for grabs to anyone... including YOU!

Now's your chance man, pounce on this oppertunity, you've been begging for tickets for months. I'm sure this guy will accept a paypal payment and he can mail you his Friday pass. Easy as 1-2-3!

Krazy
07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
You know, you don't have to LIVE in Denver to purchase his tickets... The chances of him finding a Denver buyer willing to travel to Chicago is slim to none.
These tickets are up for grabs to anyone... including YOU!

Now's your chance man, pounce on this oppertunity, you've been begging for tickets for months. I'm sure this guy will accept a paypal payment and he can mail you his Friday pass. Easy as 1-2-3!

Thanks. I know, but:
- He just joined ETS.
- Could PP him the cash and never see the wristbands.

Chances are its legit but would rather wait or overpay Stubhub/TicketsNow for piece of mind sake- if they're frauds they have a good buyers policy. Got a couple more weeks to wait on this or try to find some on the street that Friday.

ManBurning
07-11-2013, 12:13 AM
or try to find some on the street that Friday.

Oh, you're actually planning to head to Chi town regardless of whether you have tickets in advance or not? I tip my hat to you sir, that's a HUGE risk.
But, on the other hand, with a festival of this size, it's guarenteed there will be a ton of people selling day of. So... it may not be that big of a gamble now that I think about it.

Good Luck!

My passes are in Redmond, WA according to my UPS tracker, so they should be right on time for being delivered on Friday. I'll be waiting on my front lawn Friday morning to ensure I don't miss UPS, lol.

Krazy
07-11-2013, 12:17 AM
Oh, you're actually planning to head to Chi town regardless of whether you have tickets in advance or not? I tip my hat to you sir, that's a HUGE risk.
But, on the other hand, with a festival of this size, it's guarenteed there will be a ton of people selling day of. So... it may not be that big of a gamble now that I think about it.

Good Luck!

My passes are in Redmond, WA according to my UPS tracker, so they should be right on time for being delivered on Friday. I'll be waiting on my front lawn Friday morning to ensure I don't miss UPS, lol.

Yup, it's only about an hour and a half drive from Milwaukee (5 hours with normal Friday rush hour traffic :D ). Hotel was booked months ago, if we couldn't get in (which is not an option for a NIN show of course) we decided to just hang out down town.

ManBurning
07-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Chances are its legit but would rather wait or overpay Stubhub/TicketsNow for piece of mind sake- if they're frauds they have a good buyers policy.

Alternatively, you could always ask him to create a buy it now eBay posting and e-mail you the link so you can buy it now. make him take a photo of the wristband, that way there is a track record of the purchase via eBay, they're pretty good with scammers... in fact they're a little TOO good...

fuckin' guy scammed me HARD 2 months ago... I sold a Nintendo wii U game on eBay, and the guy bought and paid regular postage for his parcel. I shipped it out. Just 2 weeks after the parcel went out buddy e-mailed me saying "where is my game" and I was like, I shipped it man, not my fault you paid regular surface delivery by a truck... there was no tracking number and it was literally going from one side of the coast to another in a truck. I told him to be patient. he didn't want to be patient and said "just refund me now and i'll pay you when I get the game" I was like, hahaha, yeah right do you take me for a fool? If you get the game, you ain't gonna pay me, no way in hell. He was like, no i've done it before... it took me 2 months to geta hockey card once. I asked for a refund after 2 weeks, the guy gave it to me and then I paid him back once the card came...

I was like no way man, and then he opened a non shipped item dispute, and because I didn't have a tracking number to proove I shipped the game I lost. He won his money back and what I am assuming a FREE game. As I never got the game back, it never came back return to sender style and the guy never paid me again... I totally know he was scamming the system. He probably does that all the time. Get regular mail with no tracking, claims he doesn't get the item, files a dispute and wins.... fucker.

HOWEVER, with that story I actually have a positive "random purchase on the internet" story...

Last year, I was scowering craigslist for cheap concert ticket deals for a buddy's birthday. I saw a really good deal for 4 Garbage tickets for $200, each ticket face value was like $75 so it was a total steal of a deal adn they were decent, like row 8 at a theatre.

The poster claimed they got closer (front row) and needed to get rid of her extras. She wasn't from the same city, she was from somewhere in Oregon or Washington coming up for the show, but she agreed to put up a "buy it now" eBay posting for me to buy just so we had a safe transaction (like what you were worried about), and I paypal'd her the cash instantly. She even sent the tickets EXPRESS 2 day shipping at NO CHARGE to me so they wouldn't get lost in the mail.

She totally took a loss with the ticket prices not asking for face value and dishing out like $30 for express shipping.

Krazy
07-11-2013, 12:39 AM
^^^ Yowza! And that's why I'm looking at only Stubhub/TicketsNow, or a long time and legit member of ETS to purchase the passes. Never been a fan of eBay.

Thanks for giving me the creeps before I go to bed!!

skullboy0
07-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Was looking to see if any tickets for QOTSA at Metro on the 1st were up on StubHub, thought I'd take a look at Lolla prices.

I find it amusing that there's people who price their tickets at nowhere near what the lowest price is, there's a couple of tickets that are listed as GA, not VIP or anything that are currently priced at just under $5k.

Then again, I've never bought or sold anything on StubHub, but I would have to assume you have the ability to change your price after you list the seats.

ManBurning
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
After 7 hours and 45 minutes of waiting around for UPS...

I FINALLY GOT MY WRISTBANDS!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0539_zpsca62b6ad.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0539_zpsca62b6ad.jpg.html)

See everyone at the show!!! I'm officially PUMPED!

fuckit
07-12-2013, 11:43 PM
So I received my Sunday wristband, but not my Friday wristband. Kind've strange considering your picture with both days, I assume, sent in one package.

ManBurning
07-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Yeah, both days were included in the same envelope with my order.
I also ordered that "collectible souvenir" they mentioned at the checkout of the order form. I'll just post a photo of that here as well instead of trying to explain it:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0540_zps48075174.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0540_zps48075174.jpg.html)

Regarding your order and only getting the Sunday wristband, maybe get in touch with Front gate Tickets about your order to clarify what happened, I hardly doubt they are shipping the days seperate, that makes no sense...

Shoot 'em an e-mail with this form - http://support.frontgatetickets.com/customer/portal/emails/new
There is a telephone number on there as well if you prefer to speak to someone in real time.

Krazy
07-13-2013, 12:35 AM
After 7 hours and 45 minutes of waiting around for UPS...

I FINALLY GOT MY WRISTBANDS!!

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/ManBurning/SAM_0539_zpsca62b6ad.jpg (http://s48.photobucket.com/user/ManBurning/media/SAM_0539_zpsca62b6ad.jpg.html)

See everyone at the show!!! I'm officially PUMPED!

Seriously, are these things made out of paper unlike the 3 day passes? Trying to get some info here on what I should be looking for to not get scammed if I do an in-person transaction or have to go the CL route...

Ash512
07-13-2013, 04:41 AM
So I received my Sunday wristband, but not my Friday wristband. Kind've strange considering your picture with both days, I assume, sent in one package.
Same here, got my friday wristband but not the Sunday one. Probably because I did it in two separate orders?

sins0ffreck
07-13-2013, 07:24 AM
Yep single days are paper, there's also no re entry into the fest once you leave for single day passes.

ManBurning
07-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Seriously, are these things made out of paper unlike the 3 day passes? Trying to get some info here on what I should be looking for to not get scammed if I do an in-person transaction or have to go the CL route...

I was excpeting a giant goddamn wrist watch type bracelet in the mail as well after seeing the 3 day pass, but i'm glad I don't have to subject myself to wearing such a thing, lol.

The single days, aren't exactly cheap flimsy paper, it is a plastic material. It has a chip on it though that is embedded into the pass, you can see the circuitry on the underside, and has a barcode as well.

The non re-entry probably sucks the most... can't go buy merch and return it to the hotel, or go find some non jacked up, greasy, junk festival food to eat. Literally, once you are in you are in for the whole day.

Hopefully it's not blistering hot for Friday, or a massive thunderstom either that would suck. What are some "essential" survival items to bring to the festival since there are no in and out privlidges for non 3-day pass holders?

Krazy
07-13-2013, 01:34 PM
I thought re-entry was only for the 3-day pass as well, but they must've changed that sometime this summer:

http://www.lollapalooza.com/faqs/festival-faqs/#box-1

Patrons must pass through security & scan your wristband each time you enter the grounds. You must be scanned upon exit at the gate in order to re-enter that same day, maximum of 5 ins & outs/day. You do not have to scan to exit the festival if you will not be returning until the next day.
For a list of frequently asked questions about Tickets, click here (http://www.lollapalooza.com/tickets/faqs/).

Items:

Your one-of-a-kind ancient Roman Pugio dagger may be the perfect accessory to your gladiator mandals at home, but don’t show up with it at Lolla and discover you can’t bring it in. Guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry or re-entry. You can help keep the lines moving quickly by leaving large bags at home.

If you can’t find the item you’re curious about, feel free to e-mail us at info@lollapalooza.com.

The following items are ALLOWED at Lollapalooza:*

Blankets, Sheets, Towels
Umbrellas (ONLY Hand-Held)
Soft-Sided Coolers
Baby Strollers
Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
Empty CamelBak or CamelBak water bottles, Other Empty Plastic Container, etc.
Binoculars
Non-Professional Recording Equipment (Point & Shoot Cameras, Flip Video Cameras, etc.)

The following items are NOT ALLOWED at Lollapalooza:*

Weapons of Any Kind, including Fireworks or Explosives of Any Kind
Illegal or Illicit Substances of Any Kind
Large Backpacks (Framed, Hiking Backpacks, etc.)
Glass Containers and Metal Aerosol Cans, including Sunscreen in Aerosol Cans.
Outside Food or Drinks (including Alcohol), except Two Factory-Sealed Water Bottles (up to 1 Liter each)
Skateboards, Scooters or Personal Motorized Vehicles
Bicycles Inside Festival Grounds (Plenty Bike Racks are available near The Box Office).
Carts, Tents & Chairs of Any Kind
Hard-Sided Coolers
Pets (except Service Dogs)
Professional Recording (Photo, Video, Audio) Equipment (NO Detachable Zoom Lense, Tripods or Other Commerical Equipment
No Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed. No Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Give-Aways, etc.

sins0ffreck
07-14-2013, 05:09 AM
Rest easy about the food, there's a ton of awesome places to eat at lolla, offering anything from deep dish pizza to lobster corn dogs. It's one of the better parts of lolla actually, look up "chow town" on the lollapalooza web site for a better idea of what they have. I always get a burrito from the burrito place and it's awesome. High quality food that's not insanely priced. They also offer lockers to store stuff, I've never used them though so I can't tell you anything about them.

Hope that helps :)

ManBurning
07-14-2013, 01:50 PM
sins0ffreck - thanks, that food menu actually looks awesome! Wide assortment of some pretty tasty looking stuff!

Krazy
07-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Downside of that is the urine that is Bud Light is the sponsor. :/

sins0ffreck
07-14-2013, 03:54 PM
No problem! This is my 3rd year going to lolla, and the food is one of the reasons I return. It's a good showcase of what Chicago has to offer, significantly better than $20 for a burger and fries like most shows. Also if you are around long enough to grab breakfast, check out Ellie's pancake house and yolk, two of the best breakfast spots in Chicago.
the festival is clean, you can get a trash bag from "green street" and when you fill it they give you at shirt. Toyota has some fun activities that give you cool stuff (grab a bandana!)

most of the people there are chill and there's lots of trees to hang out under when you need shade. I drive from central New York every year for this show because of how well it's run. Some people will obviously find fault with things there but over all, it's been an awesome experience every year.

allegro
07-14-2013, 04:15 PM
No problem! This is my 3rd year going to lolla, and the food is one of the reasons I return.
You can thank Graham Elliott for the food, he's been in charge for 4 years (http://chicagoist.com/2013/06/18/lollapalooza_chef_line-up_released.php[/url). I'm not sure I agree that it's a "showcase" of what Chicago has to offer, given that we have a lot of Michelin-awarded restaurants (http://www.michelintravel.com/michelin-selection/chicago-2013-2/) and this is a BIG foodie town, but it's a HELL of a lot better than Lollapaloozas in the early 90s, yuck yuck yuck. Although I always ended up getting a slice of Connie's pizza because it's so fucking hot outside.

ninlive
07-15-2013, 12:47 PM
If anyone needs a 3-day pass still I have one that I am selling for face value.

Blackbookpress1984
07-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Is there a place one can download a good chunk of catalogs of the bands playing lolla, (to listen and decide what to go see) such as a torrent of all lolla bands for this year?

Krazy
07-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Well, hopefully my Lolla Friday pass scavenging is done. Got in touch with Brett from the previous page about the 2 passes, and hooked up with a nin.com member to go through Stubhub for the third one. ::crosses_fingers::

ILoveFestivals
07-19-2013, 11:19 PM
I got a shipment confirmation e-mail from UPS. The wristbands are being shipped from Austin, TX of all places, strange...
Expected delivery date is July 12th (the day before my Birthday) Hope I get an early birthday gift from UPS, lol.

I still have to worry about nobody answering the door on the delivery date though. I live in a basement suite and all the mail goes through the upstairs. I have educated the people upstairs that an important package will be arriving from UPS soon and they only release it upon a signature, so I hope one of the upstairs neighbours obnoxious teenagers don't fuck around and sign for the package when it's delivered.

I also thought about putting a sign on the front door instructing UPS to go around back and ring the basement doorbell. Or, I might just have to camp outside all morning waiting for them. Luckily I have that day off. I've missed WAAAAY too many packages due to my current mail setup. Sometimes I hate living in a basement suite and not being on control of getting my mail.

Sometimes the people upstairs hoard our mail for weeks and we get a big pile of overdue bills all at once. *rolls eyes* Luckily I have a tracking number for these tickets so I can see if they are signed for and/or if delivery had been attempted.
C3 Presents is from Austin, Texas.

I see from later posts you have received your wristbands. Enjoy the festival!

ManBurning
07-25-2013, 01:58 PM
Well, we are about 1 week away for the show! I'm gonna try in all my power to not look at tomorrow's setlist from Japan or watch any videos, I want to see this show blind and not be spoiled for once. I always ruin a NIN show for myself by peeking at the setlist, not this time, I wanna hear the new songs the first time live.

I'll be off starting the first part of my vacation in Winnipeg tomorrow before I heard over to Chicago on Thursday, August 1st. Not sure how much time I will have for coming on here in the next week, so everyone going to lolla, enjoy the show! If you see a guy with long black hair and a long goatee with sunglasses that's probably me. Unsure what shirt i'll be wearing... either my NIN the Spiral t-shirt, or a Ghost (BC) tour shirt. But if ya see anyone who might resemble this description (haha, there will probably be quite a few, i have alot of clones apparently) stop by and say "Hey, i'm from ETS"

Wasn't there some sort of an ETS meetup being talked about before or after this show? Meh, maybe i'll hear more about it as the we get closer to the date.

Krazy
07-25-2013, 04:39 PM
I'll be off starting the first part of my vacation in Winnipeg tomorrow before I heard over to Chicago on Thursday, August 1st. Not sure how much time I will have for coming on here in the next week, so everyone going to lolla, enjoy the show! If you see a guy with long black hair and a long goatee with sunglasses that's probably me. Unsure what shirt i'll be wearing... either my NIN the Spiral t-shirt, or a Ghost (BC) tour shirt. But if ya see anyone who might resemble this description (haha, there will probably be quite a few, i have alot of clones apparently) stop by and say "Hey, i'm from ETS"

That's pretty vague for Lolla. Can you just set yourself on fire, say about 7:00ish, and live up to your username? :P

ManBurning
07-26-2013, 04:38 AM
On second thought... I think i'll wear my fixed shirt with the big blue "n" on the front of it to the festival for Friday.

redshoewearer
07-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I am going too! Friday and Sunday, skipping Saturday. Maybe I will wear my cool new ETS shirt on Friday. I will be with an offspring who likes leopard print way too much. After the way the weather was for the Pearl Jam Wrigley show, here's hoping the weather is good for the weekend. Can't believe seeing NIN in less than a week.

Krazy are you sure the scan in/scan out applies to 1 day passes too?

ninlive
07-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Krazy are you sure the scan in/scan out applies to 1 day passes too?

Yes, I only bought Fri and Sun passes and they have scan in/out chips.

Amaro
07-28-2013, 03:56 PM
I'll wear the ETS shirt. Going only Friday. Don't say hi. Just make some kind of signal or something.

Ash512
07-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Random thought : The last two shows were an hour and a half long. According to the Lolla schedule though, NIN is supposed to be playing for an hour and 45 minutes. See where I'm getting at?

Krazy
07-28-2013, 04:24 PM
I'll wear the ETS shirt. Going only Friday. Don't say hi. Just make some kind of signal or something.
How about the middle finger- or two, or moon? I KID, I KID!! Butt seriously- maybe you can start ManBurning on fire?... heh

Random thought : The last two shows were an hour and a half long. According to the Lolla schedule though, NIN is supposed to be playing for an hour and 45 minutes. See where I'm getting at?

Yeah- I noticed that the other night. :D

Amaro
07-28-2013, 04:33 PM
How about the middle finger- or two, or moon? I KID, I KID!! Butt seriously- maybe you can start @ManBurning (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=33) on fire?... heh

LoL

I change my mind--let's all watch NIN together, those of us who aren't planning on getting close to the stage, at all. Or...whatevs!

I'll be there with my girlfriend, just a-gazing at NIN comfortably afar from any real mess of people, but close enough that it's obvious I'll be there for NIN's performance. I'll be getting my dose of real general admission a couple of times in October, so this should be relaxing and fun.

heavenly_bearded
07-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Anyone happen to still need a Friday wristband? I had a friend back out and have an extra. $95 is the cost. I am not going in until about 7 on Friday but will be in town on Thursday to meet if you wish to go all day. Pm me :)

redshoewearer
07-28-2013, 09:15 PM
LoL

I change my mind--let's all watch NIN together, those of us who aren't planning on getting close to the stage, at all. Or...whatevs!

I'll be there with my girlfriend, just a-gazing at NIN comfortably afar from any real mess of people, but close enough that it's obvious I'll be there for NIN's performance. I'll be getting my dose of real general admission a couple of times in October, so this should be relaxing and fun.

I don't plan to get close either - maybe we'll see you.

Thanks Krazy for the answer to my question.

Krazy
07-28-2013, 09:46 PM
Thanks Krazy for the answer to my question.

No problem! Glad I could help as always!!

just kidding- RITCNIN answered it for you/me. As far as we know you can leave the grounds up to 5 times, although Lollas stance on that was different in the past.

redshoewearer
07-29-2013, 09:14 PM
No problem! Glad I could help as always!!

just kidding- @RITCNIN (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1141) answered it for you/me. As far as we know you can leave the grounds up to 5 times, although Lollas stance on that was different in the past.

I see that now - I skimmed too fast! Thanks RITCNIN.

Getting pretty excited- its the first U.S. show! I guess we should try to get pics of merch and stuff that people will want to see. I've never done streaming but are we sure Lolla will be streaming for people? Sometimes it seems like they stream everything but what you actually wanted to see (the year Eminem played that was not streamed much to my disappointment). Some guy at the Pearl Jam 20th anniversary show in 2011 or 2012? managed to set up his iphone so people could watch the show streaming. I think he used Justintv, but it looks like they have taken live streaming off their app.

allegro
07-29-2013, 11:24 PM
The weather isn't going to be as hot this year

fuckit
07-29-2013, 11:35 PM
that jerry better be wrong. i don't want umbrellas obstructing my view nor rain getting in my socks.

Amaro
07-29-2013, 11:36 PM
The weather isn't going to be as hot this year

Awyyyyyyyyyy...

Fecking shit.

Krazy
07-29-2013, 11:52 PM
I'll look at that shit Thursday night- were it'll still be 50/50 if the weatherman is 20% correct.

Welcome to the Midwest.

Ash512
07-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Of course being from Montreal I live in an igloo : I'm so glad it won't be too hot this year!
But yeah, fuck umbrellas though.

Amaro
07-30-2013, 07:18 AM
I just don't want lightning.

allegro
07-30-2013, 07:37 AM
Well at least it's not gonna be 95 like it USUALLY is here in August.

redshoewearer
07-30-2013, 07:49 AM
That is the exact same weather as upstate NY right now.

I hope it doesn't happen like Wrigley with Pearl Jam 10 days ago (thunderstorms), show stopped for 2.5 hours, moved everyone off the field, then resumed and played till 2am (how they pulled that off in Chicago I don't know - curfew is 11pm).

I'd prefer no lightning, but the main thing I don't want is tornadoes....

allegro
07-30-2013, 07:58 AM
^ Haha yeah that was interesting. (As detailed in the PJ thread here (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=102639#post102639).)

Last year, they evacuated nearly 100,000 people but didn't tell them where to go and they were standing around on downtown Chicago streets during a huge storm. This year, signs with evacuation sites will be posted everywhere.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-08-05/entertainment/chi-lollapaloozas-first-evacuation-relatively-smooth-but-no-refunds-for-disappointed-fans-20120805_1_evacuation-order-severe-thunderstorm-grant-park

allegro
07-30-2013, 08:14 AM
I'll be at the Steely Dan show at Ravinia on Friday night. Pavilion tickets.

redshoewearer
07-30-2013, 10:07 AM
What if there was an evacuation? Do you think they will scan everyone out? It would be awful to not be able to get back in (that thing where you have to scan out if you want to go back in on the same day) esp since the main reason I'm there on Fri is NIN.

allegro
07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
What if there was an evacuation? Do you think they will scan everyone out? It would be awful to not be able to get back in (that thing where you have to scan out if you want to go back in on the same day) esp since the main reason I'm there on Fri is NIN.
I don't know what they did last year, they did let people back in after it was all clear. But this storm isn't to hit until "late evening" so it depends on when it hits. After that "Sugarland tragedy," all of these shows are being super careful.

Krazy
07-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I read an article a couple days ago regarding the storm from last year. Main thing I got out of it is they have an updated plan should it happen again.

Kind of busy at the moment so if you want to look for it google "lollapalooza" and hit the "news" button.

We're also 3+ days away from it- I really wouldn't worry about what the forecast says until late Thursday or Friday morning. But yes- lightning would be the worst thing that can happen. They need to evacuate for that. (wouldn't worry about Chi-town getting tropical storms or tornadoes)

allegro
07-30-2013, 11:16 AM
We're also 3+ days away from it- I really wouldn't worry about what the forecast says until late Thursday or Friday morning. But yes- lightning would be the worst thing that can happen. They need to evacuate for that. (wouldn't worry about Chi-town getting tropical storms or tornadoes)
We DO get tornadoes here. Even something close to a tornado brings high enough winds to be dangerous to tents and temporary stage structures. After all those people died from a collapsed stage from high winds in Indiana, nobody wants to take that chance again, the concert promoters and city are paranoid.

On the night of July 19th, the Phish show at Northerly Island, and Pitchfork over at Union Park (Bjork was on stage) were evacuated, as well as Pearl Jam over at Wrigley. Nobody was let back in for Phish or at Pitchfork. It was pretty late by the time the storm was done, then a 2nd storm hit. Pearl Jam actually waited until the 2nd storm passed, and went back on stage at midnight. That won't happen at Lolla, though.

I read an article a couple days ago regarding the storm from last year. Main thing I got out of it is they have an updated plan should it happen again.
The promoters and the City swore they told everybody to go into the below-ground Grant Park lots last year (that was "the plan") but a lot of fest attendees said nobody told them what to do other than "get out." But this year signs will be all over (as referenced above) telling people, should there be an evacuation, to go to the Grant Park below-ground lots. So, if anything happens, you guys know where to go, don't stand around under an El track like these idiots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umdIt6GGkwQ

Collin
07-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Fortunately it's only a 20-30% chance right now. And it's isolated Tstorms not scattered. Would definitely suck if they did evacuate before NIN though, since that's the main reason I'm there. Lolla is rain or shine but I guess they won't tolerate thunderstorms. Although Fuji fest clearly was thunderstorming and they just let them play.

allegro
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Although Fuji fest clearly was thunderstorming and they just let them play.
Here in the midwest, this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQQx6vds8U

Amaro
07-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Facepalming the incident... Nobody's fault... Just sad.

pukkelpop
07-30-2013, 12:43 PM
sad.. Pukkelpop had a huge storm and a deathtoll in 2011..

allegro
07-30-2013, 12:51 PM
sad.. Pukkelpop had a huge storm and a deathtoll in 2011..
Yeah, 7 people died when that Indiana stage collapsed (http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/sugarland-stage-collapse-reports-cite-ambiguity-authority/story?id=16124742), ugh.

ILoveFestivals
07-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Same thing happened with the main stage at Ottawa Bluesfest in 2011. A bad storm came through and it collapsed. I think it's safe to say 2011 was a tragic year with 3 huge stages collapses within a span of 2 months.

Blackbookpress1984
07-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Im not the most superstitious person, but how bout we nix the talk of death and stage collapse within this thread?

Amaro
07-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Fair...let's just stay safe this Lollapalooza.

allegro
07-30-2013, 04:07 PM
No stage collapse will ever happen at Lolla. Because now they evacuate before the storm hits. As demonstrated last year.

Krazy
07-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Only for the "die-hard artery clogging" NIN fan:

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/local/redeye-get-your-lollapaloozainspired-pizza-20130730,0,661187.story

Blackbookpress1984
07-30-2013, 05:20 PM
Only for the "die-hard artery clogging" NIN fan:

http://www.redeyechicago.com/news/local/redeye-get-your-lollapaloozainspired-pizza-20130730,0,661187.story

Pulls up chair...

ILoveFestivals
07-30-2013, 05:21 PM
No stage collapse will ever happen at Lolla. Because now they evacuate before the storm hits. As demonstrated last year.
It kind of sucks that this is the new practice. In 2011 when there were torrential downpours several times on the Sunday nothing was evacuated. All the weather did was make it even more enjoyable and add to the experience. Foo Fighters and Cage the Elephant killed it, all while getting soaked and rocking the fuck out like all us fans!

Here are a few great videos from the Foo Fighters set that night. All professional footage. Please note it is not naturally dark at the time of day these songs were performed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-xUc4kV0OE&list=PLF53AE2AA248BA05B&index=4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGx_cD2KG3E&list=PLF53AE2AA248BA05B&index=5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH8BkHbbico&list=PLF53AE2AA248BA05B&index=7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWmhWdyg2Tw

ILoveFestivals
07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpGV5aOW0E

This is Foo Fighters' entire set at Lollapaooza 2011. Scroll to minute mark 37.

allegro
07-30-2013, 05:41 PM
It kind of sucks that this is the new practice. In 2011 when there were torrential downpours several times on the Sunday nothing was evacuated. All the weather did was make it even more enjoyable and add to the experience. Foo Fighters and Cage the Elephant killed it, all while getting soaked and rocking the fuck out like all us fans!

I hear ya. We were at this show and my husband refused to leave, and I thought we were gonna DIE (http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/turn_it_up/2008/03/the-concert-i-w.html). We were in the pavilion, standing on our chairs. My husband now counts that as one of the best shows in his whole life. Meanwhile, I saw 7 songs at the Wrigley Field Pearl Jam show and hung around for hours and finally gave up. The times, they is a changin' dude. Nobody wants that danger with big winds and lightning and shit. Well, it's mostly about lawsuits, actually.

suprefan
07-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Im not the most superstitious person, but how bout we nix the talk of death and stage collapse within this thread?

Talk about how they are going to webcast NIN on friday? So it will be awesome to re watch their set over and over?

and I bet you it rains sunday, so The Cure will have Robert Smith with running make up.

Blackbookpress1984
07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
sure that works.

Krazy
07-30-2013, 06:04 PM
We DO get tornadoes here. Even something close to a tornado brings high enough winds to be dangerous to tents and temporary stage structures. After all those people died from a collapsed stage from high winds in Indiana, nobody wants to take that chance again, the concert promoters and city are paranoid.

I honestly can't recall a tornado being within the city of Milwaukee or Chicago- too close to the lake and we'd be more likely to see an awesome water spout. Surrounding areas inland most definitely have that issue during tornado season (spring time in the Midwest). Indiana isn't around a massive lake like us, although you never know when a storm with huge wind gusts comes up.

Anyways back to not thinking about horrendous weather. :P

FULLMETAL
07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Anyone care to pick up some t-shirts for me? PM if you can help. I'm still in Japan and have spotty internet until the next hotel. Thanks!

allegro
07-30-2013, 06:31 PM
I honestly can't recall a tornado being within the city of Milwaukee or Chicago
See this:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/05/21/history-of-tornadoes-in-chicago-area/

I was working in the Loop a few years ago when a storm hit that was SO bad, windows were blown out of skyscrapers including the Willis (Sears) Tower. Bolted-down tables in Daley Plaza were torn loose and flew into buildings. Chunks of concrete from buildings were in the streets. Then the high rises (including my office bldg on LaSalle) implemented storm procedures.

We're called the "Windy City" due to politics, not weather, but the weather here gets pretty fucked up. Last year I was stuck in traffic in my car on the Kennedy and the radio was warning of "rain wrapped" tornados above the Kennedy. wtf. Weather is why you should never fly in or out of O'Hare in the afternoon or evening during the summer. Cross your fingers. (I'd better not miss Steely Dan.)

tiempo
07-30-2013, 06:57 PM
No joke. When there is weather around the city, the buildings create these weird wind tunnels on the cross streets down in the loop. I saw a newspaper machine sliding down the street one evening near the CSO off Michigan Ave.

suprefan
07-30-2013, 07:15 PM
I dont even live there, but I have had some jacked up weather when I have gone to visit. I was just there last week covering Pitchfork Festival actually. The crazy lightning and storm cell that prolonged Pearl Jam, cancelled Phish and ultimately cut short Bjorks set was no joke. In 2008, the monday following Lollapalooza, I was returning the car I rented for the weekend. within 5 mins of entering their office and sorting things out, I went to the bus stop and rain came out of nowhere.

It ended up going away within 10 minutes or so, and settled down just enough for me to be able to get to the airport and catch my flight. I am on layover in Vegas and my phone blows up, my friends who were leaving later in the day, were stuck in the airport and were evacuated to the basement due to a crazy storm cell that came in off the lake. There were funnel clouds, but nothing touched down apparently. One of my friends who works in the loop called me from the stairwell of their office building telling me how insane it was.

So yeah, Chicago gets out of nowhere weather, accept this. Hope the forecast doesnt worsen within the next few days. At least the re entry policy is in place so they have a fail safe on letting everyone back into the park if they had to evacuate due to weather.

redshoewearer
07-30-2013, 07:54 PM
I In 2008, the monday following Lollapalooza, I was returning the car I rented for the weekend. within 5 mins of entering their office and sorting things out, I went to the bus stop and rain came out of nowhere.

It ended up going away within 10 minutes or so, and settled down just enough for me to be able to get to the airport and catch my flight. I am on layover in Vegas and my phone blows up, my friends who were leaving later in the day, were stuck in the airport and were evacuated to the basement due to a crazy storm cell that came in off the lake.

I remember that - we were supposed to fly out that year on Monday about about 10am, and didn't get out until 6:30pm. We were on the Blue line going to O'Hare at like 8am and it was really dark. We didn't get sent to the basement though, but I think power may have gone out for a while.

We are driving this year. Its 800+ miles - doing 200 tomorrow night, then the rest Thursday.

If Robert Smiths' makeup runs we won't be able to tell - it kind of always looks like that. But I am super excited to see The Cure again - they do great shows.

Here is a link apparently, to a Lolla live stream

http://www.thespacelab.tv/SpacelabMediaPlayer/Channel+Lollapalooza+Live+Stream+Video.html#schedu le

Kodiak33
07-30-2013, 08:15 PM
The live stream is on YouTube, but it seems to be a few acts...not most of the show this time.

ILoveFestivals
07-30-2013, 10:46 PM
The live stream is on YouTube, but it seems to be a few acts...not most of the show this time.
Not to mention NIN and other headliners are being broadcast at 10pm.

Moebius
07-31-2013, 08:20 AM
I've never done streaming but are we sure Lolla will be streaming for people? Sometimes it seems like they stream everything but what you actually wanted to see (the year Eminem played that was not streamed much to my disappointment).

Yep, they've released their streaming schedule (http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/07/lollapalooza-reveals-2013-webcast-schedule), NIN is being streamed but it's going to be on a delay, starting at 10 PM CDT:

Friday, August 2nd:
02:30 pm – Smith Westerns
03:30 – Icona Pop
04:15 – Crystal Castles
05:15 – Imagine Dragons
06:15 – Queens of the Stone Age
07:30 – Band of Horses
08:30 – The Killers
10:00 – Nine Inch Nails

Ash512
07-31-2013, 10:39 AM
For those who care, I'm bringing 3 copies of TOIOU's Another Version of the Truth DVD (Gift only). I'll be hiding them downtown during the weekend. Keep an eye on the twitter feed : @thisoneisonus

thevoid99
07-31-2013, 12:46 PM
Queens of the Stone Age to follow the Killers? I'm insulted. They should go on after the Killers and then follow NIN. Maybe we get a chance to see Trent sing "Kalopsia" and "Fairweather Friends" with the band.

ninperu
07-31-2013, 02:13 PM
Queens of the Stone Age to follow the Killers? I'm insulted. They should go on after the Killers and then follow NIN. Maybe we get a chance to see Trent sing "Kalopsia" and "Fairweather Friends" with the band.

And don't forget ERA VULGARIS...

ILoveFestivals
07-31-2013, 02:20 PM
I remember that - we were supposed to fly out that year on Monday about about 10am, and didn't get out until 6:30pm. We were on the Blue line going to O'Hare at like 8am and it was really dark. We didn't get sent to the basement though, but I think power may have gone out for a while.

We are driving this year. Its 800+ miles - doing 200 tomorrow night, then the rest Thursday.

If Robert Smiths' makeup runs we won't be able to tell - it kind of always looks like that. But I am super excited to see The Cure again - they do great shows.

Here is a link apparently, to a Lolla live stream

http://www.thespacelab.tv/SpacelabMediaPlayer/Channel+Lollapalooza+Live+Stream+Video.html#schedu le

I remember that year as well. My flight was at 7 or 8 in the morning and I remember seeing that storm brewing. I managed to get out before it hit.

allegro
07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Wasn't Trent Reznor and company stuck at the airport that time, too? I seem to remember him tweeting about it or something.

thevoid99
07-31-2013, 08:09 PM
And don't forget ERA VULGARIS...

Oh yeah, that song too. Maybe have Josh play on a NIN song later that night.

redshoewearer
07-31-2013, 11:07 PM
Wasn't Trent Reznor and company stuck at the airport that time, too? I seem to remember him tweeting about it or something.

Yes I think they were.

We are now in Rochester on our way!

Amaro
07-31-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey ya'll. Are there official Lollapalooza posters with the event lineup and all that? I need a fuggin poster seeing as I doubt NIN's got its own for the festival...

Edit: NVM There's this at least...

http://store.lollapalooza.com/collections/posters

heavenly_bearded
08-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Leaving MN in 5, 4, shit I forgot how to count. Whatever, we are on our way!

Krazy
08-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Looks like a tweet of the QOTSA set list if anyone wants to take a peak:

http://twitter.com/SchroederSpeak/status/363132431399788545/photo/1

k258
08-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Butterflies already.

bobbie solo
08-01-2013, 11:05 PM
i got that 2008 poster. one of my faves.

ManBurning
08-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Alright, in Chicago at the Congress Plaza hotel right across the street from the entrance of the festival. Pretty stoked, less than 24 hours to go!

richardp
08-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Into The Void was played at soundcheck, FYI.

GET STOKED.

Blackbookpress1984
08-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Pmed ^^^^^^^^^^^^

kercyx
08-02-2013, 12:03 AM

GET STOKED.

whhaaaaaat ????? seriously ? one of my favorite ever making its comeback ?

ryanmcfly
08-02-2013, 12:19 AM
http://instagram.com/p/cfNevSmsnf/

ManBurning
08-02-2013, 12:25 AM

GET STOKED.

Oops, guess I should stop looking at this thread now... I do not want anything spoiled this close to the show, I have managed to avoid looking at both setlists this far.

Krazy
08-02-2013, 12:39 AM
Not sure if that was an actual sound check of band/instruments- sounded more like a recorded version off The Fragile?...

Meh, barring a catostrophe we'll be there shortly. :D

richardp
08-02-2013, 12:48 AM
Not sure if that was an actual sound check of band/instruments- sounded more like a recorded version off The Fragile?...

Meh, barring a catostrophe we'll be there shortly. :D

It's possible, but my friend who lives in Chicago FaceTime'd me while she was walking near Grant Park as NIN were sound checking and testing out the video equipment.

Krazy
08-02-2013, 12:53 AM
^^^ Fair enough, thanks!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Could NIN have a different stage set up for the US festival shows? Here's a snap shot of the vid from above- it clearly has rounded LED banners at the top of the stage that I don't see from the Japan show:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii223/GoatKrazy/B6CCB856-41BD-42F3-A9DF-5D33B5647AD6-441-0000001ECCD704C5.jpg

ryanmcfly
08-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Don't think so because he said that was a different stage than the one NIN was soundchecking on. They were on the north stage apparently.

Krazy
08-02-2013, 01:10 AM
Good call, that's gotta be The Killers set up. The north stage (NIN stage) has the obvious downtown sky scrapers in the background (left of the stage), south one doesn't have as much scenery from what I recall in years past.

richardp
08-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Good call, that's gotta be The Killers set up. The north stage (NIN stage) has the obvious downtown sky scrapers in the background (left of the stage), south one doesn't have as much scenery from what I recall in years past.

That's neither NIN nor The Killer's setup. That's Perry's Stage which is where all the EDM DJ's perform.

Krazy
08-02-2013, 01:30 AM
That's neither NIN nor The Killer's setup. That's Perry's Stage which is where all the EDM DJ's perform.

Damn those side stages look bigger than I remember- haven't been there since '09. Bed time for me and hopefully the weather works out for us.

Safe travels everyone.

richardp
08-02-2013, 01:57 AM
Damn those side stages look bigger than I remember- haven't been there since '09. Bed time for me and hopefully the weather works out for us.

Safe travels everyone.

Perry's used to be tiny but last year they bumped it up to a stage bigger than the second stage on the south field. It's massive, and holds tons of people. Last year Bassnectar had a bigger crowd at that stage than both Black Sabbath and Black Keys did on their respective main stages.

k258
08-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Fashion statement for the day: rain poncho chic.

Amaro
08-02-2013, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I'm laying awake in an Elmhurst apartment to the fairly loud storm sounds around. And then...they just stopped?

Spoiler: Forecast for today doesn't look very inviting. :(

m0reta
08-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Today is the day. No thunder atm (& I promise I didn't bring it from Florida ;-)

Wearing Muppets tee & bandana if fellow ETS'ers want to say hi.

Looking forward to the next 11 hours.

allegro
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Spoiler: Forecast for today doesn't look very inviting. :(
Phil Schwartz on ABC says the rain is going to be mostly in the southern suburbs so maybe it's gonna miss us! Hope so! (Waive to my Alma Mater in Elmhurst) ;)

EndlessLoveless
08-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I cant fucking wait! Leaving work soon to take a nap. Only going for Queens and NIN. My 6 1/2 months pergnant wife is coming as well so that means I wont be able to get very close but whatever. Ive been against the rail before and for this show, I want to see the whole stage. Its been raining here in Naperville on and off...