PDA

View Full Version : Hannibal

Pages : [1] 2

hollowed_point
03-26-2013, 08:36 PM
I searched and searched and didn't see a thread for this, but the new trailer most definitely caught my eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKqvCVYu1U

Pretty excited to watch this now. Looks much darker and more violent than I anticipated.
Love Mads Mikkelsen.

profane
03-31-2013, 04:02 PM
It seems that it might be ok. But this is nbc, even if it's really good it might end up in the trash sooner rather than later.

onthewall2983
04-04-2013, 10:20 PM
The pilot was really really good. Fingers crossed they don't screw this up. This is where I'd say that it'll be bulletproof if it's a ratings hit, but they just fired Jay Leno so who knows.

Fixer808
04-04-2013, 11:05 PM
I searched and searched and didn't see a thread for this, but the new trailer most definitely caught my eye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKqvCVYu1U

Pretty excited to watch this now. Looks much darker and more violent than I anticipated.
Love Mads Mikkelsen.

Woah, hadn't even heard of this yet, it could be quite good. It's been an up and down franchise, starting, I think, with "Manhunter", from '86.

Radiovoyr
04-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I really enjoyed this. This version of Will is much closer to how I imagined him when I read Red Dragon years and years ago.

Lutz
04-05-2013, 03:11 AM
The writing on this was pretty average but there is electric sexual chemistry between Dancy and Mikkelsen which could really turn the series into something great.

profane
04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Haven't seen it yet, but maybe I better let it pass. It doesn't seem like it will last long. (http://tvline.com/2013/04/05/ratings-hannibal-premiere-nbc/)

Fixer808
04-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Well that's a pretty jaded attitude. It's a new show, give it a shot.

profane
04-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Well that's a pretty jaded attitude. It's a new show, give it a shot.

I will, but those ratings don't spell succes. And it's NBC (Kings, Awake, The Black Donnellys).

onthewall2983
04-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Whatever happens, the upside remains that NBC is locked in to this first season meaning they won't chuck it out mid-season.

imail724
04-07-2013, 11:07 AM
I liked the pilot a lot and will definitely be tuning in next week. If the previews are any indication it's going to get even better throughout the season. I really wish it wasn't on nbc though because I'm not sure that's really the right demographic for this type of show. Hopefully the name hannibal will attract some more viewers that wouldn't normally tune in to an nbc drama, worked for me at least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

onthewall2983
04-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Really this show belongs on cable. The pace the pilot moved through may not jibe with viewers of similar shows like Criminal Minds or Elementary (which ironically it opposes) over time.

imail724
04-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Exactly. I'm dumbfounded why the producers wouldn't take the show to a network more suited for this type of thing, like hbo or even amc.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sentient02970
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
I watched for the first time tonight. I'm glad they veer a bit from the CSI/Criminal Minds formula. It has a nice psychological depth to it I hadn't seen in network tv before. Also scenes from next week: "Did you just smell me?" lol

thelastdisciple
04-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Did it really have a decent pilot?

Guess I'll have to check it out for myself.

The whole Hannibal franchise is very graphic, definitely fitting for an HBO, Showtime or even FX kind of channel... it's just hard to imagine it being pulled off on such a formulaic soccer mom friendly network like NBC.....

A network i might add that thought SouthLAnd was too gritty.....

heavenly_bearded
04-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Though it is pretty old remaking everything because there is no creativity on television nowadays, this show was great! Same with Bates Motel. Long time horror fan here and I was very skeptic when I first heard about these 2 shows, but I am overall impressed with what they have done to bring these old stories back to life. I also like the MN setting. I have spent much time in Duluth and Hibbing, have always thought Hibbing would be a great place to penetrate a young girl with deer antlers. Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor. But the MN setting hits home to me, this might be my new favorite show for now, but Bates Motel is some pretty fierce competition.

It is cool how they are taking these old horror flicks and making these new modern day prequels. I keep waiting for the Cape Fear remake starring Bill Moseley(Otis) as Max Cady.

To anyone who uses Vudu, the pilots for Hannibal and Bates Motel are available for free!

imail724
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Another great episode this week. I really hope this show gets picked up for a second season. Supposedly the ratings are good and people seem to like it, so I guess we'll see.

orestes
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
. . .I also like the MN setting. I have spent much time in Duluth and Hibbing, have always thought Hibbing would be a great place to penetrate a young girl with deer antlers. Sorry, I have a sick sense of humor.

Uggggggghhh.

Radiovoyr
04-14-2013, 09:17 PM
The only thing I do not like about this show is Lawrence Fishburne. I'm just not a fan of him, and when I see him I think of CSI - a show I think is fucking terrible.

I LOVE the music. A lot of what I heard in the second episode reminded me of the Peter Christopherson project Soisong.

onthewall2983
04-14-2013, 09:26 PM
You don't think of Cowboy Curtis?

Radiovoyr
04-15-2013, 12:06 AM
You don't think of Cowboy Curtis?

Well fuck, man. Now I will. hahaha

onthewall2983
04-15-2013, 12:43 AM
I think of the actual awesome stuff he did. Like saying he was 17 when he was really 14 to do ​Apocalypse Now.

profane
04-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Imo this show is both audio and visually stunning.

hollowed_point
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
According to IGN, next weeks episode is being pulled, and there are no plans to air it in the U.S., as it features Molly Shannon brainwashing children into killing other children. Their reasoning is that it would be inappropriate following Newtown and Boston. It will still air overseas.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/04/19/hannibal-and-castle-episodes-pulled-due-to-boston-marathon-bombings

:mad:

Guess us in the U.S. will have to find another way to watch it.

hollowsminion
04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Definitely have to find a way to catch Episode 4. Molly Shannon!

sa_nick
04-20-2013, 10:47 AM
I'm digging the show. It's a little more procedural than I was hoping it'd be but it's still good.

... Just hoping it doesn't become the next 'Awake'. Should have never been cancelled.

slave2thewage
04-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Guess us in the U.S. will have to find another way to watch it.

It seems that the UK/Irish showing of this episode is May 28th (possibly the 21st, sometimes with the US premieres they show a double bill on the first night which is going to be May 7th), so it would be most likely online after that.

onthewall2983
04-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Six important scenes from the pulled episode have been made available online, in order to follow the continuity in tomorrow's episode (http://showrenity.com/watch-highlights-from-hannibals-pulled-episode). This is a very smart move, and bravo to Fuller and NBC for at least giving us this much.

imail724
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I wonder if the dvd/blu-ray release will include the episode.

Just read episode 4 will air in Asia on Tuesday so I'd imagine it'll be online either Tuesday or Wednesday (I don't know what the time difference is).

onthewall2983
04-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I have to admit I'm less interested in the episode, since it seems the decision to pull it was as much Fuller's as it was NBC's.

Alexandros
04-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Really digging this series so far. The sense of creepiness and/or dread it inspires is unlike anything I have ever seen on TV.

sentient02970
04-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Holy shit! Scott Thompson? I just now recognized him. Cool.

Lutz
04-25-2013, 10:19 PM
So at the start of the episode the slideshow says all the victims had brown eyes but the daughter has blue eyes?

onthewall2983
04-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Another reason to hope for a second season (http://showrenity.com/hannibal-creator-wants-david-bowie-for-season-2).

dlb
04-28-2013, 10:45 AM
EDIT: false information. nevermind.

Radiovoyr
04-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Does anyone outside of the US know when they will be showing the full episode 4? Everything I've seen about the air date has changed several times now. =/

Piko
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Does anyone outside of the US know when they will be showing the full episode 4? Everything I've seen about the air date has changed several times now. =/

I saw that it airs in asia on tuesday.

I'm just about caught up with it. I'm pretty lukewarm about it. It has it's moments, but it seems like they're trying a little too hard to be edgy, and more focused on the imagery than anything else.

zaps30
04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
They should have just put that episode on "on-demand" so anyone that wants to watch it, could instead of just removing it completely.

dlb
04-28-2013, 05:35 PM
With all due resepect to the victims I almost never get why a television show gets pulled off the air because of such events. The imaginery is way too far fetched by my liking to be linked to the bombings and well, after all... it's just television and not reality. Tell me if I'm wrong or if I just don't get it as a European, but moves likes this keep puzzling me whenever they occur, especially with a show like Hannibal which clearly is not about the present or the state of the nation, but based on a figure in literature and around quite a different subject.

Other than that I'm holding on until the full episode is aired before I get to episode 5. This show still has to catch my full attention, but it is doing well so far and I just love Mads Mikkelsen although I still have some gripes about him being Lecter as he is very different of Hopkins and everything I've pictured when reading the novel quite some time ago (haven't read them all).

onthewall2983
05-01-2013, 02:40 PM
It's like I say, you're nobody until you're banned from Salt Lake City. (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/30/nbc-station-hannibal/)

sentient02970
05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Hopefully that news boosts the ratings.

profane
05-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Oh well... (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/30/nbc-hannibal-tumbles-to-a-toss-up-to-be-canceled-or-renewed/179994/)

Piko
05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I still think it's too soon to tell.

heavenly_bearded
05-02-2013, 10:45 AM
If anyone here uses Vudu, the removed episode 4 is streaming. If you don't have an account, it's free to sign up, $1.99 for the episode in standard def, $2.99 in High Def. It's better to watch on Vudu than regular TV anyway...

Edit: Just finished it. NBC sucks, it was not even bad... Vudu.com is airing the entire 43 minute episode, not the 20 edited bs on the net. Can NBC drop this show and have HBO pick it up?

Callahan
05-02-2013, 12:21 PM
If NBC ditches the series, I hope the creators decided to seek out other venues. I'd even suggest they speak to Netflix, if they sign up with them, they won't have to worry about censoring content as much, and can create a more disturbing series, as anything related to Hannibal should be.

sa_nick
05-03-2013, 07:11 AM
If NBC ditches the series, I hope the creators decided to seek out other venues. I'd even suggest they speak to Netflix, if they sign up with them, they won't have to worry about censoring content as much, and can create a more disturbing series, as anything related to Hannibal should be.

TV shows moving to new stations after being canned on another is something becoming more normal these days so there's always that possibility. Too bad it wasn't like that back when Bryan Fullers other shows were cancelled. Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies all had huge cult followings but none of them managed to find new homes (although dead like me did get that movie, i guess). If you like Hannibal I'd recommend those 3 shows too. It's cool to watch Bryan Fuller's progression. All three shows are about odd characters solving weird mysteries using their own special abilities and except for Wonderfalls, are very death central.

Radiovoyr
05-03-2013, 11:39 AM
I will be extremely pissed if this gets cancelled. Mads is quickly becoming the definitive portrayal of Hannibal in my eyes.

Alexandros
05-16-2013, 02:58 AM
I feel like this show gets closer to the movie(s) as the episodes go by. I definitely recognise scenes and/or ideas taken from the movies (or the book probably, I haven't read it) in the last couple of episodes. And the overall focus seems to shift to Hannibal rather than the case of the week. To sum up: The last couple of episodes have been badass!

Radiovoyr
05-16-2013, 03:09 AM
I feel like this show gets closer to the movie(s) as the episodes go by. I definitely recognise scenes and/or ideas taken from the movies (or the book probably, I haven't read it) in the last couple of episodes. And the overall focus seems to shift to Hannibal rather than the case of the week. To sum up: The last couple of episodes have been badass!

They are doing an excellent job at sprinkling in scenes and references from the books in a way that preserves the integrity of the original idea and places firmly in this take of the story without coming off as pandering or tacked on. I feel like everyone in involved with the writing has a serious respect for the source material.

slave2thewage
05-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Still no word on renewal. I'm a bit worried.

BrokenSpiral
05-19-2013, 02:44 PM
What's the most recent episode? My DVR is being wonky. Is it the "recipe" episode? Im liking the show a lot but still think they could have cast Hannibal better. I like the guy who plays him, he's got a creepy vibe to him, but he's so stiff. I miss the sarcastic smart ass Hannibal.

onthewall2983
05-19-2013, 03:35 PM
The one that aired this past week is titled "Fromage".

onthewall2983
05-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Still no word on renewal. I'm a bit worried.

I'd expect an announcement this week if not next. The recent buzz is that Amazon "and at least one cable network" is interested in picking it up. From what I've read it costs very little for NBC to distribute it here, which would be a no-brainer for them as far as keeping it, along with the critical praise. But this is NBC.

I'd really like to see AMC get it. They could use the critical push once Mad Men and Breaking Bad are gone.

Radiovoyr
05-20-2013, 12:19 AM
I'd expect an announcement this week if not next. The recent buzz is that Amazon "and at least one cable network" is interested in picking it up. From what I've read it costs very little for NBC to distribute it here, which would be a no-brainer for them as far as keeping it, along with the critical praise. But this is NBC.

I'd really like to see AMC get it. They could use the critical push once Mad Men and Breaking Bad are gone.

AMC crossed my mind too. I was also wondering what the odds of Showtime picking it up would be... they will have a serious serial killer void to fill next year.

Piko
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Renewed. 13 episodes next season.

onthewall2983
05-30-2013, 07:24 PM
NBC renews a 2nd season (http://showrenity.com/hannibal-renewed-for-season-2)

sentient02970
05-31-2013, 08:17 AM
As this series rolls on, especially after last night, I'm more convinced this is one of the best shows on network TV right now. The lighting, the music, the acting, the way the story rolls out...all of it sets the perfect and very original mood to TV. I can't think of anything I've watched before that's like this. I'm glad to see it's still going.

scotty79
05-31-2013, 09:09 AM
I don't know if it's just me but I'm struggling to really get into it, I think I'm only 4 shows in but definitely gonna stick with it cos i really do think it will be one of the best things on tv

Hula
06-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Any Dead Like Me fans out there?

Georgia Madchen -> Madchen meaning 'girl' or 'lass' in German -> Georgia Lass

http://i0.wp.com/nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/ku-xlarge1.jpghttp://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjEyMTE0NDgwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTk0NjYyMQ@@._ V1._SX300_SY420_.jpg

I never even knew Bryan Fuller was the same guy behind DLM until this connection. Loved that show too, very off-beat in a way that didn't appeal to most people.

onthewall2983
06-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Same actress too, believe it or not.

BrokenSpiral
06-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Newest episode was awesome and super creepy. Show keeps getting better. I hope being on network TV doesn't end up ruining it at some point.

sentient02970
06-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Thank you thank you NBC.com for posting full episodes! The 10pm show last night was a no go for me for my sleepy head. I kept falling in and out of consciousness 24 minutes into last night waking up to his psychotic trips.

sentient02970
06-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Next year? Ugh!

[carbon]
07-20-2013, 05:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ6pEDo3tQY

onthewall2983
07-30-2013, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGPnSgekfA

onthewall2983
09-14-2013, 05:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTzp2HYIIAA3TZS.jpg:large

Fuller tweeted this image from the 1st day of production for S2. Indeed.

onthewall2983
12-19-2013, 03:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb4RN9_IYAA94_S.jpg

[parasite]
12-19-2013, 04:25 PM
oh that looks wicked!!

onthewall2983
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y1LzcS7Db68

imail724
01-20-2014, 06:16 PM
God damn I can't wait.

imail724
02-25-2014, 11:32 AM
So does the fact that the show moved from Thursday nights to Friday nights mean the ratings aren't that great? Friday doesn't seem like a very good night for shows.

onthewall2983
02-25-2014, 02:46 PM
They're backing it up with Grimm which is doing okay for NBC, so my guess is that they are putting it with a more appropriate lead-in than their Thursday night comedies.

onthewall2983
02-28-2014, 12:14 AM
I cannot wait for tonight's premiere. I have every confidence, from what I've heard so far, that this season will be even more twisted, sad and profound than the first.

buckaroo
03-03-2014, 08:31 AM
I cannot wait for tonight's premiere. I have every confidence, from what I've heard so far, that this season will be even more twisted, sad and profound than the first.

Kind of a slow start I thought. I really wish they had saved that opening scene for later in the season. I think it sort of killed a little of the suspense for me. I also think they could ease up a little on the murders, etc. and focus a little more on the characters. I though the whole side story they started in this episode was unnecessary (at least at this point). I was hoping they were getting away from the murder of the week type pace this show had last season. I really don't want this to turn into another NCIS, which was borderline last season. Still a great show though.

mrselfdestruct94
03-03-2014, 03:11 PM
I really enjoyed the first episode of the second season. With the exception of the opening scene, which was really only there to ensure the show captured the audience's attention and kept them watching for the remaining hour, it was really meant to serve as a presentation of the aftermath for what happened during the season one finale.

The acting was superb and the production design is fucking beautiful. I liked how they slowly worked in the first serial killer for the new season. I assume that storyline will be resolved by the end of either the second or third episode. I can't say that I like Hannibal Lecter filling Will Graham's role when it comes to profiling psychotic minds. Hannibal doesn't empathize. He dissects. He can't put himself in the shoes of the killer, he can only theorize and make assumptions like the rest of them. That's why Will and Hannibal worked so well together. Will is the heart and soul and Hannibal is the mind. The difference is Hannibal was able to make Will pull himself back, even if it was only to study the effects it had on Will's mind while exploring the darker side of imagination. I feel like they could have done something better with how Jack Crawford and his team replaced Will Graham. Putting Hannibal in that role doesn't seem right.

Also, Dr. Chilton isn't the least bit traumatized from being vivisected? Really? He's back to his old self in no time at all? I knew he was a self-absorbed parasite, but goddamn!

On a final note, NBC better not fucking cancel this. I haven't been this excited for a television show in years, and we need some quality programming to counter balance the heaps of reality tv bullshit.

imail724
03-10-2014, 03:58 PM
The opening scene to last weeks episode, where the guy covered in that adhesive peeled himself apart, was one of the most graphic and hard to watch scenes I've ever seen on network television. How this show is allowed to be on NBC blows my mind but I really hope it's here to stay.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 12:23 AM
So my ETS brethren, I have the ability and means to get season 1 on DVD for 12.96. Shall I go for it? Worth getting? Let me know, never bothered with show when it was on air originally and with season 2 just beginning and this for cheap, I was wondering….

onthewall2983
03-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Absolutely. I'd much rather get the Blu-ray (it's 25 bucks on Amazon), but if you aren't particular about it I'd say go for it.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 01:01 AM
Absolutely. I'd much rather get the Blu-ray (it's 25 bucks on Amazon), but if you aren't particular about it I'd say go for it.

It comes with an HD Ultra Violet code so I'd be covered anyways….still thinking.

Space Suicide
03-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Got it this morning.

theburningreptile
03-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Re-watching the first season with my step-dad. I love this show. I like everything about it. Great acting, great story, great everything to me. I wish more people would see it. I think already IMO that it is better than Dexter. Don't like it quite as much as Breaking Bad, but that's in a class all of it's own. I think Mads has to be my favorite Hannibal with Anthony coming in a close second. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings to the table. (No pun intended) Also I hope you like the series Space Suicide !

Space Suicide
03-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Re-watching the first season with my step-dad. I love this show. I like everything about it. Great acting, great story, great everything to me. I wish more people would see it. I think already IMO that it is better than Dexter. Don't like it quite as much as Breaking Bad, but that's in a class all of it's own. I think Mads has to be my favorite Hannibal with Anthony coming in a close second. I can't wait to see what season 2 brings to the table. (No pun intended) Also I hope you like the series @Space Suicide (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532) !

I should. I like crime shows, serial killers, forensics, investigations and horror. So I'm sure I'm good to go.

onthewall2983
04-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Keeps getting better. Jeremy Davies was heartbreaking to watch last night.

Piko
04-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Haven't seen the new one yet. Crossing my fingers for a third season.

Space Suicide
04-21-2014, 01:43 AM
Haven't seen the new one yet. Crossing my fingers for a third season.

I'm sure it'll have one. At this rate I'm expecting we'll have 4 or 5 seasons before they wrap it up. I sense this show will end on its own terms, not be stretched out for a huge amount of seasons and won't be cancelled due to its success.

Piko
04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I doubt they would drag it on. Ratings are their biggest enemy. People love the show. Yet, not enough people watch it.

imail724
04-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Well they have material for at least 3 more seasons if they follow the books/movies.

dlb
04-21-2014, 12:37 PM
has anything been said about wheter they will incorporate the movies or are we just loosely following the story of Red Dragon and the series serves as a prequel to silence of the lambs?

ziltoid
04-21-2014, 01:16 PM
has anything been said about wheter they will incorporate the movies or are we just loosely following the story of Red Dragon and the series serves as a prequel to silence of the lambs?
They talked about it on one of the special features on the season 1 blu-ray. I think they mentioned that they didn't want to be influenced by the movies but use it as an inspiration if I remember correctly.

So no they wouldn't be following the movies, but the books which the movies are based on.

If you look and compare both the movies and tv show you will see that it has an entirely different feel, atmosphere, and somewhat overlapping themes and discernible elements that set them apart.

I think that Bryan Fuller -the creator of the show- is going for a modernized faithful adaption of the novels that encompasses all the details that the books have while having free range in telling it in a new way.

So far Bryan has the rights to Red Dragon secured and the show takes place before the events of Red Dragon and before the process in which Hannibal gets captured . Bryan Fuller is hoping to get the rights to Clarice Starling, Benjamin Raspail, and Jame Gumb. He is also trying to secure the rights to the novels: Silence of The Lambs, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising. I hope he gets them (MGM where being dicks when he asked if he could use Benjamin and Gumb) so he had to work around it and he invented new characters that did more or less the same function in the show.

imail724
04-21-2014, 07:42 PM
I was kind of hoping the series would show Hannibal's relationship with Mason Verger pre-cutting off his own face, so that they could set up the Verger plotline that comes later.

Edit: looking at the Hannibal page on rottentomatoes (which has a 100% fresh rating btw), it looks like Verger will appear at some point played by Michael Pitt http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/hannibal/

ibanez33
04-22-2014, 05:23 PM
I was kind of hoping the series would show Hannibal's relationship with Mason Verger pre-cutting off his own face, so that they could set up the Verger plotline that comes later.

Edit: looking at the Hannibal page on rottentomatoes (which has a 100% fresh rating btw), it looks like Verger will appear at some point played by Michael Pitt http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/hannibal/

According to IMDb he was in last weeks episode.

*edit* ahh yep. Not explicitly named or shown much but he's there.

onthewall2983
04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NiZCDVx20

imail724
04-24-2014, 10:04 PM
According to IMDb he was in last weeks episode.

*edit* ahh yep. Not explicitly named or shown much but he's there.
I'm guessing you went back and saw him? Where was he?

ibanez33
04-25-2014, 12:57 AM
this guy:

http://i.imgur.com/hWFVJCl.png

His sister talks about already having tried to kill him before, so I'm thinking he may already look a bit fucked up.

*edit* never mind that last bit, here's what he's going to look like when we see him:

http://i.imgur.com/uBooa2K.jpg

**edit**

The last episode actually scared me a bit. I don't know why, especially compared to past episodes, but the idea of a killer in a mechanical-man-bear-exoskeleton just terrified me. Disappointed Mason wasn't in it, I'd hear he would be. But I like how they're building up how terrible he is before we see him. And seeing Wills "design" in the preview for next week was chilling, I just don't know how how managed to fight off a guy in a mechanical suit designed for killing people. But I'm sure the next episode won't have a new killer and will mostly be focused on what happened at Wills that night, and hopefully get a bit more info on Mason or introduce him formally. I've never read the books but I feel like I might have to when this season is over because I'm completely in awe of it.

Also, apparently the 1st murder ever shown (opening scene of season 1, actually) was done by the Tooth Fairy, and Bryan Fuller (creator/showrunner) wants to do 7 seasons, 4/5/6 would be Red Dragon/SotL/Hannibal, and then end on a new creation that pairs up Will and Clarice together to bring down Hannibal. That's all been confirmed officially, and the general consensus among fans is that season 3 is going to be Hannibal on the run from the FBI for the first half, then on trial for the rest.

I can't fucking wait.

implanted_microchip
04-27-2014, 02:07 PM
So, my partner and I just finished season 1, and wow. That was incredible. This is the first thing on TV since BrBa ended that I'm strongly interested in (I watch Mad Men, but that's been on-going, this is relatively new). Cannot wait to start S2 later today and get caught up throughout the week.

Also I know it's been said anywhere and everywhere, but good god is Mikkelsen an amazing Lecter. This whole cast is impeccable. It's also really great to see people like Fishburne and Gillian Anderson doing something this worthwhile again; also I would've never thought Eddie Izzard could be so amazingly creepy. And holy shit the sound on this show, it's like nothing I've heard on TV. All of Will's breakdowns that we've gotten to see have just been incredible experiences to watch and hear.

And Hannibal's suits are so gorgeous that I found myself upset in the episode where he was in the back of the ambulance and got blood on it; those things are works of art.

Space Suicide
04-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Still playing catchup with this show but I am absolutely in love with it. Riveting storytelling with likable, relatable and heinous characters. Love Mads Mikkelsen's portrayal of the infamous character, maybe even more than the almighty Anthony Hopkins....

Going to suck catching up via season 2 unless I plan to torrent the show to watch until the season set is released this September. Gah.

dlb
04-28-2014, 03:18 PM
New pic of Verger surfaced I guess...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/9196826d9978373b2eca749f90e8351d/tumblr_n4lng53El51ssh9ejo1_1280.jpg

ibanez33
04-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Another new one, in colour!

https://24.media.tumblr.com/90a5a3cfda08db284c0c79ad97dec063/tumblr_n4mnt1i6MQ1srxy5ro1_1280.jpg

Dude looks like a meat-packing pimp.

Space Suicide
04-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Anyone here interested in owning season one on DVD? I bought the blu-ray and no longer need the DVD copy I own. I'll take 10.00 for it, shipping included. PM me if you want it

Space Suicide
04-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Good news... (http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/s225/hannibal/news/a567981/hannibal-season-3-bryan-fuller-very-confident-about-renewal-chances.html#~oCYSJ33oLgxcfS)

Bryan Fuller has revealed that he is "very confident" that Hannibal will be renewed for a third season.

Fuller also revealed that he and his co-producers have considered alternative options for producing the third season, should NBC fail to renew the show.

Space Suicide
05-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm all caught up!

Let's keep it short, where do you all think the series is going to be by the end of the season? The way it's going...

It's as if Will is acting out as an ally and puppet for Hannibal to gain his trust and then thwart him at the end of the season. But how does that stand or land the next supposed 5 seasons? I mean he can get imprisoned with proof at the end of the season and help the FBI out by helping behind bars ala Silence of the Lambs style but the show is way too early to keep him locked up this early on in the series.

Tonight's episode looks super wicked.

ibanez33
05-03-2014, 01:39 AM
Well holy fucking shit, that last 15 minutes of the episode was a game-changer if there ever was one. I can't wait to see that scene next week but I really hate that they showed it's coming, these "text time on Hannibal" things are way too spoilery.

implanted_microchip
05-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, that was incredible. Didn't get to see it when it aired last night, but watched it ondemand earlier and it was, as always, great. Definitely excited for the next three episodes, and loving all of the speculation/uncertainty revolving around Will's most recent actions.

Oh, Space Suicide : Fuller has said seasons 1-3 build up to season 4, which will be the main plot of Red Dragon, so it's safe to assume that this next season will quite possibly be Hannibal on the run, throwing the FBI off his trail and eventually getting caught, with season 4 having him imprisoned, season 5 being SotL which would of course end in his escape, leaving them open for the plot of Hannibal for season 6 and their own ending for 7.

imail724
05-04-2014, 12:14 PM
For people who watched the preview for next week's episode:
The flaming wheelchair anyone? Assuming that was Freddie Lounds, as it was in Red Dragon, does this mean they are going to be skipping the whole Francis Dolarhyde plotline and have someone else kill her?
Needless to say, I'm excited.

ibanez33
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
For people who watched the preview for next week's episode:
The flaming wheelchair anyone? Assuming that was Freddie Lounds, as it was in Red Dragon, does this mean they are going to be skipping the whole Francis Dolarhyde plotline and have someone else kill her?
Needless to say, I'm excited.

umm... I thought it was pretty clear that Will killed her and served some of her to Hannibal? And the burning wheel chair bit is probably what they do with the rest of her?

implanted_microchip
05-04-2014, 01:33 PM
umm... I thought it was pretty clear that Will killed her and served some of her to Hannibal? And the burning wheel chair bit is probably what they do with the rest of her?

A lot of fans have theorized that Will didn't kill Freddie at all, that he kidnapped her and explained everything about Hannibal to her and that the meat he served was the guy with the animal suit thing; the theory goes that Will is setting Hannibal up to completely trust Will and eventually give a flat-out admission of guilt or at least give him some evidence he can use against him. This is largely supported by the "fishing" conversation Crawford and Will had at the start of the 2nd to last episode, in which they say they need to use live bait to convince the fish nothing else is after them, and Crawford says if Will can bring him the bait then Crawford will catch the fish, this was a metaphor for Hannibal and the on-going discussions of the difference between being a "hunter" or a "fisher," with Will now pretending to hunt.

Granted that's all speculation and it could go any which way.

Space Suicide
05-04-2014, 01:42 PM
However this is gonna go down, I am excited for the last 3 episodes!

onthewall2983
05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Friday's episode was an absolute mindfuck. I am never not amazed this is on a network. And it looks like the ratings are taking a bit of a curve for the better now.

Space Suicide
05-04-2014, 04:00 PM
And it looks like the ratings are taking a bit of a curve for the better now.

Well, I just started this Friday to watch it on network television rather than by my blu-ray and via download. So every bit helps. :p

onthewall2983
05-06-2014, 12:48 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/10301455_302432826579016_6277024411108759885_n.jpg

onthewall2983
05-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Breathe out, everybody. The show has been renewed for it's third season.

Space Suicide
05-09-2014, 01:17 PM
I had a feeling it would be since we managed two seasons so far but AWESOME!

Radiovoyr
05-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Thank G-d. Seriously. I was going to go fucking crazy if it was cancelled. It is by far the most beautiful show ever made as far as I am concerned. Also, the fucking music.

Space Suicide
05-09-2014, 06:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1.0-9/1622772_721223427900430_3900536263969464822_n.png

Roughly under 2 1/2 hrs till the new episode tonight on the east coast!

Piko
05-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Catching up on the last two that I missed. Very relieved it was renewed. I would have been furious if they cancelled it. And that's an understatement. This show is amazing.

Space Suicide
05-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Is this really the end of Freddie Lounds?

Piko
05-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Is this really the end of Freddie Lounds?

Seems like it.

Space Suicide
05-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Seems like it.

Like everyone stated, guess it wasn't. It was all a ploy. By previews for next week, I see Hannibal hanging above Mason's pigs. Wonder if he's losing his face next week?

ibanez33
05-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Like everyone stated, guess it wasn't. It was all a ploy. By previews for next week, I see Hannibal hanging above Mason's pigs. Wonder if he's losing his face next week?

Well there's only 2 episodes left, I'm assuming that will be the big event of next weeks episode.

Guess I'm gonna have to go pick up some books when the season's out, the only one I've read before is Silence of the Lambs.

*EDIT* MAJOR SPOILERS --- production stills from next weeks episode: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/hannibal/gallery2/gallery13/gallery.htm

imail724
05-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Mason Verger is one of the most disturbing/horrifying characters in television history. I've never been so unsettled by a fictional character as when he had Margot on the operating table.

ziltoid
05-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Well there's only 2 episodes left, I'm assuming that will be the big event of next weeks episode.

Guess I'm gonna have to go pick up some books when the season's out, the only one I've read before is Silence of the Lambs.

*EDIT* MAJOR SPOILERS --- production stills from next weeks episode: http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/hannibal/gallery2/gallery13/gallery.htm
I imagine that next weeks episode will contain "Mason, would you like a popper?" scene. Obviously it will be a bit different, but to me that scene in Hannibal (the movie) really showed the sadist side of Hannibal. I'm really confident the show will pull it off better than the movie.

Edit: When I have time I will also pick up all the books. With the exception of Hannibal Rising.

I'm wondering what is everyone's opinion on Hannibal Rising the Book/Movie. I hated the movie when I first saw it years ago.
I havent seen it since, but I get the feeling that I never gave it a proper chance since the movie came out in a shroud of hatred.
How close is the movie to the book, is there any major differences, or is it all better left completely forgotten?

Radiovoyr
05-11-2014, 01:02 AM
I imagine that next weeks episode will contain "Mason, would you like a popper?" scene. Obviously it will be a bit different, but to me that scene in Hannibal (the movie) really showed the sadist side of Hannibal. I'm really confident the show will pull it off better than the movie.

Edit: When I have time I will also pick up all the books. With the exception of Hannibal Rising.

I'm wondering what is everyone's opinion on Hannibal Rising the Book/Movie. I hated the movie when I first saw it years ago.
I havent seen it since, but I get the feeling that I never gave it a proper chance since the movie came out in a shroud of hatred.
How close is the movie to the book, is there any major differences, or is it all better left completely forgotten?

I have read all of the books, and I love them all, including Hannibal Rising. I read it in one night the day it came out (it did help my area was in the middle of a week long power outage). I love the movies too, but honestly now I like the show more than either. The characters are closer to how I imagined them when I was reading, despite the books doing a good job of telling you what they look like and how they are - I just always imagined something more sleek.

I think I am in a minority with Hannibal Rising, but it is my second favorite book in the series (Red Dragon is the first) and my second favorite movie (Silence is the first there). There are things from the book they really should've kept in the movie, but I think Gaspard really fucking nailed the part. He was actually my favorite portrayal of Hannibal until Mads. I have always thought Hopkins came off as too alpha. I feel like Hannibal needs to be an alpha who can make everyone think he is third chair when he needs to and Mads is the only person I have seen pull that off. I guess the movies do not really have as much time to cater to that aspect and in a weird way the show has more time to develop than the books too.

Basically what my silly tired and high ass is trying to tell you at 2am in what is probably the most poorly written way ever is that you may want to give Hannibal Rising another shot. The book is a quick read and Fuller seems to be drawing a lot of inspiration from the film for his Hannibal. I think out of all the movies, the show will pull from Hannibal Rising the most, even though the time frame is all wrong for it. We've already seen the armor in Hannibals house too, so I cannot wait to see them touch on that.

Edit: As far as major differences go, I think the biggest difference is how they deal with Hannibals early education. that part really bugged me.

ibanez33
05-11-2014, 03:54 AM
For you guys who have read the books, would you recommend reading them in chronological order, or movie order, or...? I feel like I might want to start with "Hannibal" because I really want to know more about Mason right now.

theburningreptile
05-12-2014, 04:08 AM
Rewatching Silence of the Lambs again. I cannot wait to see how they do my favorite scene throughout the whole series. They could focus at least 2 episodes on it and use the suspense to their advantage. I'm talking about... Well i'll tag spoilers unless someone hasn't seen the movies or read the books.

::::::::::::::::SPOILERS::::::::::::SPOILERS:::::: :::::

When he escapes from prison. I haven't been that on the edge of my seat in a movie ever. Well besides Joker escaping prison. But Hannibal is still probably overall my favorite villain. The shows already quite graphic so i think they could get away with more now then in the movie back when it came out regarding his escape. I think you all know what i'm talking about. Anyway, I'm rambling on now. Ill just say that Hannibal is in my top 3 tv shows, besides Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad and if they handle it right it might become my favorite show ever.

Space Suicide
05-12-2014, 04:33 PM
For you guys who have read the books, would you recommend reading them in chronological order, or movie order, or...? I feel like I might want to start with "Hannibal" because I really want to know more about Mason right now.

Chronological order.

Space Suicide
05-16-2014, 09:46 PM
it happened. His face!

HOLY SHIT!

So gruesome!

theburningreptile
05-16-2014, 09:57 PM
it happened. His face!

HOLY SHIT!

So gruesome!

Totally fucked up man. Still cringe at the thought of it.

Space Suicide
05-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Totally fucked up man. Still cringe at the thought of it.

Genuinely fucked up and creepy. I enjoyed it.

theburningreptile
05-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Genuinely fucked up and creepy. I enjoyed it.

Shit is going to hit the fan in the next episode. I.cannot.wait. I really hope it goes long enough to where we can see Lecter escape and everything.

Radiovoyr
05-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Best. fucking. Show.

Michael Pitt is fucking killing it at Verger.

Space Suicide
05-17-2014, 01:09 AM
Photo of Michael Pitt as Mason Verger, face half gone. NSFW (https://24.media.tumblr.com/4e5a533dc382d37bddeb1c155f5f71f3/tumblr_n5p7qemmH91snhsbgo1_500.jpg)

ibanez33
05-17-2014, 02:00 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS AWESOME!!! "I'm hungry!" "eat your nose, then" "eat my nose..." *cuts it off* FUUUCK

Space Suicide
05-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Tonight's the night guys, especially for me on the east coast. It's on.

Space Suicide
05-23-2014, 10:02 PM
That, that ending. A COMPLETE 180 from what i was expecting.

4 possible deaths with all of the major characters involved? Hannibal departing to France (maybe?) with Bedelia du Maurier? The ending was great and showcased Hannibal being ontop, still. However if the show wasn't renewed, it would have been an all right ending. However, I need and want more so good for a third season.

implanted_microchip
05-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm so speechless holy shit

Radiovoyr
05-23-2014, 11:45 PM
I think that was the most intense, beautiful and depressing episode of television I have ever seen. Excellent end to the season.

ibanez33
05-24-2014, 12:07 AM
The music in the last couple big scenes was beyond perfect.

Space Suicide
05-24-2014, 12:17 AM
The music in the last couple big scenes was beyond perfect.

Much agreed.

Especially the scene with Hannibal in the rain, looking up at the sky. Musically and visually, by far one of my favorite scenes of the entire show thus far.

ibanez33
05-24-2014, 03:14 AM
Finale spoilers: The way the show has been going this season I was almost certain that they were going to do a role-reversal and have Jack be the one that gets gutted and quits the FBI. Instead it looks like it's shaping up to be a perfect prequel. Next season I'm going to assume Hannibal is on the run, Will is recovering, dealing with the fallout, maybe (HOPEFULLY) sees Mason once or twice, and then goes to Florida gets his life back together and maybe gets married (maybe to Alana, if she survived) and at the end (like last episode, maybe even last scene) Jack (assuming he survives) drops by and asks Will to come consult on this new Toothfairy killer.

Red Dragon / possible season 4 spoilers: It's already confirmed by Fuller that the first murder in the show was Toothfairy, but maybe the FBI has been on him the whole series thus far, and when they start to close in on him is when they call Will? I wouldn't say it was one of his first kills, because as Will said, he was "surgical" about it, and "this is when it gets really horrifying...", but could have been before the FBI knew they were dealing with a serial killer, and thought it was just a well-executed attack or maybe a professional hit if someone in the family happened to have any illicit connections to undesirable people.

Given that season 4/5/6 are going to be RD/SOTL/Hannibal, who do you think they're going to cast for the Toothfairy or Clarice, and do you think Michael Pitt will still be our Mason Verger 4 years from now if he's not in the in-between seasons? For Mason, I think Pitt is perfect, I would absolutely hate for them to change it. As for the everyone else, my mind is still reeling too much from the finale, but I'd love to see them top Fiennes as Dolarhyde, because he was fucking AWESOME.

onthewall2983
05-24-2014, 11:35 AM
That was a very emotional, well-earned and well-crafted cliffhanger.

imail724
05-24-2014, 11:44 AM
My god. Every week Hannibal manages to climb higher and higher on my list of greatest TV shows of all time.

theburningreptile
05-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Agreed. This has to be one of the greatest cliffhangers i've ever seen in media. I have no idea where they're going to go after this. The last 15 minutes, i was literally on the edge of my seat with antici-pation. Without a doubt my favorite TV show. Move over Dexter, Hannibal is here.

implanted_microchip
05-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Given that season 4/5/6 are going to be RD/SOTL/Hannibal, who do you think they're going to cast for the Toothfairy or Clarice, and do you think Michael Pitt will still be our Mason Verger 4 years from now if he's not in the in-between seasons? For Mason, I think Pitt is perfect, I would absolutely hate for them to change it. As for the everyone else, my mind is still reeling too much from the finale, but I'd love to see them top Fiennes as Dolarhyde, because he was fucking AWESOME.

I know they've talked about bringing David Tennant in as a killer at some point, and he was the runner-up to be Hannibal. I'd not be surprised at all if he's Dolarhyde, I'm almost expecting it.

When it comes to Clarice I've got no idea, and would love if it was a lesser-known actress, but I'm open to anything.

I'm really interested in who Buffalo Bill is played by, actually. There are so many iconic moments with him in SotL that it'll be really tricky to adapt as well, since that's easily the most well-known and seen film from the series.

Piko
05-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Just finished the finale. Oh my god.

I'm sure they'll survive. All but Abigail...

Radiovoyr
05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
I know they've talked about bringing David Tennant in as a killer at some point, and he was the runner-up to be Hannibal. I'd not be surprised at all if he's Dolarhyde, I'm almost expecting it.

When it comes to Clarice I've got no idea, and would love if it was a lesser-known actress, but I'm open to anything.

I'm really interested in who Buffalo Bill is played by, actually. There are so many iconic moments with him in SotL that it'll be really tricky to adapt as well, since that's easily the most well-known and seen film from the series.

'Oh wait...'

At this point, I really do not even care if Clarice makes it into the show, but I am sure if she did come into the play the dynamic between her and Hannibal would be interesting... just not Will/Hannibal interesting.

I truly think everyone cast for the show has been better than anyone cast in the movies, but I have no idea how anyone could top Ted Levine. I have always thought his performance was the best in the entire series of movies.

ibanez33
05-25-2014, 01:38 AM
At this point, I really do not even care if Clarice makes it into the show,

Fuller said if they don't get the rights to the SOTL characters then they're going to just use stand-ins, almost exactly the same characters with different names.

onthewall2983
05-25-2014, 02:25 AM

Walton Goggins is my candidate. With Justified ending next season, it would be a perfect fit.

ibanez33
05-25-2014, 03:22 AM
Walton Goggins is my candidate. With Justified ending next season, it would be a perfect fit.

He'd be pretty fucking awesome, but Dolarhyde in the books (and movie) was "massive", and Goggins is only 5'8". Fiennes is only a few inches taller at 6"0 but still big enough to work. If they stretch his timeline a bit (since he's been killing since before he first episode) and they cast someone older, I'd love to see Tim Robins do it. Give him a couple months to hit the gym and pack on a bit of extra muscle and he would be one terrifying 6-foot-4 monster villain.

I honestly can't see Tennant doing a main character on this show, but it would definitely be cool to have him in a few episodes this season as someone new.

onthewall2983
05-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Walt could definitely bring a presence which would overcome the disparity in size. Plus given that a few of the characters have been tweaked quite a bit, they may not have to make the character Andre The Giant. Someone on AVClub suggested they even make that character female, too.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but I read an article that said essentially that Bowie turned down season 2 for scheduling issues but to basically try him again next year. So it's still on the table that he plays Hannibal's uncle (in flashbacks I assume). I'd love to see that, but I don't mind that he's putting acting aside for music.

onthewall2983
05-31-2014, 05:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXpIGjW6YA

onthewall2983
07-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Season 2 Blu-ray comes out September 9th.

Radiovoyr
07-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I just finished watching the entire series so far for the second time. I am still amazed by how well every single aspect of this show is handled. By and far the best show on any format of television.

Space Suicide
07-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Season 2 Blu-ray comes out September 9th.

Boom. Destiny and Hannibal season 2 in the same day. Sweet.

I'm buying. :p

Piko
07-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Buying it!

sa_nick
07-05-2014, 08:31 AM
So Fuller is working with Starz on the American Gods tv show HBO had been trying to get going but were never happy enough with to greenlight. Might be cool?

onthewall2983
07-26-2014, 12:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkwZHks7VT0

Space Suicide
07-29-2014, 02:51 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91fWBkl9dsL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81zpmMYYDqL._SL1500_.jpg

Short album(s) but I'd download/buy them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LVZK33W/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p15_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=141N5SNX2A1NF6F55F7X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/Hannibal-Season-Original-Television-Soundtrack/dp/B00LVZK5N0/ref=pd_bxgy_m_img_y

Yes, I changed my avatar...

implanted_microchip
07-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Keep in mind there's three other volumes to the soundtrack getting released the same day. Expensive unfortunately but I'm excited nonetheless. The sound design is by far one of the strongest aspects of the show (even though all of it is IMO) and the score is always fantastic, I'm just excited to hear the tribal drum tracks for Mason.

Space Suicide
07-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Keep in mind there's three other volumes to the soundtrack getting released the same day. Expensive unfortunately but I'm excited nonetheless. The sound design is by far one of the strongest aspects of the show (even though all of it is IMO) and the score is always fantastic, I'm just excited to hear the tribal drum tracks for Mason.

I added the second album art up there. I'll probably do so for the third.

Amazon has season 2 Blu-ray listed at 35.97 MSRP. I'm hoping on release day, Best Buy has it a bit lower so I can nab it.

implanted_microchip
07-29-2014, 03:46 PM
I added the second album art up there. I'll probably do so for the third.

Amazon has season 2 Blu-ray listed at 35.97 MSRP. I'm hoping on release day, Best Buy has it a bit lower so I can nab it.

Between that, Destiny and the new Interpol album all coming out on the same day, September 9th seems painful for my bank account.

Great avatar change by the way!

Space Suicide
07-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Between that, Destiny and the new Interpol album all coming out on the same day, September 9th seems painful for my bank account.

Great avatar change by the way!

Eh, October is my month of a moth ball infested wallet of dust and nothing. Hopefully Target has a good price for Hannibal Season 2. My friend has been buying from them recently and said the blu-ray might be $24.99 upon release there. I hope so. I can't wait to watch in high definition. I downloaded the first 8 episodes from season 2 off piratebay and watched them on my Xbox 360. I only helped with rating numbers and live viewings from episode 9 onwards. I love this show enough I'll dump any money I can to help and support it. Plus my Hannibal season 1 Blu-ray is lonely. I still got a season 1 DVD if anyone wants it, I'll sell for a cheap price.

Thanks! Serial killers galore. I went from Dexter Morgan to Hannibal Lecter. I'm a dork.

Space Suicide
07-29-2014, 03:55 PM
While I'm at it:

SPOILER ALERT: this contains discussion of Hannibal, season two. Do not read if you have not seen the entire season.
Following its renewal just prior to the epic finale of season two, the cast and crew of Hannibal held court at Comic-Con (http://www.theguardian.com/culture/comic-con) on Thursday. The panel, hosted by Jonathan Ross, was informal, and spilled a surprising amount of beans on season three. While Mads Mikkelsen (http://www.theguardian.com/film/mads-mikkelsen), Hugh Dancy and Laurence Fishburne were not in attendance (Mikkelsen and Dancy sent video messages), showrunner Bryan Fuller was joined by a panel including Caroline Dhavernas, Scott Thompson, Aaron Abrams and Raúl Esparza, and wasn't coy in dropping some fairly major hints about where the show is going. Here's what he revealed.

The new direction

Season three will begin around a year after the claret-drenched ending to season two. The first episode will show Hannibal and Dr Du Maurier living a new life in Italy. Fuller said this will feel "very much like a pilot for a new series starring Gillian Anderson (http://www.theguardian.com/culture/gillian-anderson) and Mads Mikkelsen". Early episodes will move away from the procedural nature of the first two seasons and be "all about the pursuit of Hannibal, and we kind of abandon that structure for something close to the books". We'll have to wait until episode four to find out what the pair got up to in their year on the run.

New characters from the source novels

"We're introducing a lot more characters from the novels, some that haven't been in the series yet," said Fuller. So expect to see Chief Inspector Rinaldo Pazzi, the Red Dragon Francis Dollarhyde, Mason Verger's physician Cordell and Lady Murasaki, who will "kick all sorts of ass".

Bringing back the dead

Fuller, introducing Esparza (who plays Dr Chilton), said: "There's somebody else who shouldn't be here, because they were shot in the face." Yes, the smarmy schmuck Chilton will be a "huge part" of season three. Esparza is excited. "I told Bryan in my next season I expect to have an eye patch, hump and parrot." Apparently he loves playing Chilton "because he's such a douchebag". Eddie Izzard's Gideon and Kacey Rohl's Abigail Hobbs are also set to return, albeit in flashback form. "Doesn't anyone die in Hannibal?" quipped Ross.

Season four

As it stands, there will be no Clarice Starling or Barney Matthews in the foreseeable future, due to MGM still holding the rights to The Silence of the Lambs. Fuller and producer Martha DeLaurentiis are desperately trying to negotiate with MGM to "finish the story" and bring the events of the book to the screen. "We're going to do a full-court press to get those rights," assured Fuller.

Something that will never happen but would be brilliant

Fuller suggested that he'd "love to do a surreal musical in Hannibal's mind palace. I would love to see Mads Mikkelsen dance like Christopher Walken in Weapon of Choice." Anyone for a Kickstarter to ensure this happens?

I love how season 3 sounds. I love the X Files so more Gillian Anderson is a plus to me along with more of a Hannibal centric show.

onthewall2983
07-29-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm not crazy about them jamming Red Dragon in towards the end.

implanted_microchip
07-29-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm not crazy about them jamming Red Dragon in towards the end.

Well there's a good shot they might set it all up and have the finale end as a sort of cliffhanger to lead into the fourth which would then handle the rest of the storyline. So far everything has been done so well that I'm willing trust them with all of the things they have at hand. Especially considering the issues with copyrights for the SotL characters they're going through, I could see them putting RD into the 4th season's start as a way of knowing that even if they can't get SotL rights, they can still keep going forward while figuring things out.

somethingelse
08-01-2014, 04:31 AM
I want a print of this like hnnnngggg (http://josy57.deviantart.com/)

http://i.imgur.com/J6GYOAN.jpg

onthewall2983
08-01-2014, 07:26 AM
Short album(s) but I'd download/buy them.

Actually not too short if you look at the running times. I'm guessing each track contains a lot if not all the music to each episode.

Space Suicide
08-03-2014, 07:58 PM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/097d271065aa5519583190a6f1bf7824/tumblr_n9pn7dfTSt1st6n6mo1_500.jpg

I wish this was real.

Space Suicide
08-11-2014, 12:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUPq5JyeTWk

Funny and new blu-ray/dvd date: September 16th.

ghostaustin
08-24-2014, 08:49 AM
I recently blew through the first two seasons and I'm shocked that something this visually stunning, clever, and grotesque is airing on NBC. Some of these scenes aren't even Walking Dead gross, they're Human Centipede 2 gross!

implanted_microchip
09-10-2014, 03:54 PM
So Bryan Fuller did this interview and talks really, really extensively on season 3. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/08/hannibal-bryan-fuller-on-playing-with-hannibals-origin-and-big-surprises-in-season-3?abthid=540e205fe93ac7b70e000023

Also, I'm really crossing my fingers that this is a leaked shot from season 3; maybe this is what really happens in Hannibal's memory palace:

http://i.imgur.com/FnMTGvn.jpg

onthewall2983
09-10-2014, 08:56 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1TEccZPhdL._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1lJAZHqtVL._SL1500_.jpg

Coming out on CD on the 23rd, but already available to purchase in MP3 at Amazon. All 4 volumes are under 10 bucks in that format, so not too expensive at all if you don't mind skipping the physical copy.

ghostaustin
09-11-2014, 07:08 AM
oh man, I love the soundtrack but I'm not sure if it's something I would want to listen to on its own. That said, Brian Reitzell does have an album called Auto Music available on Spotify (Brian Reitzell – Auto Music (spotify:album:2ett12pJsHLePa6umr9t9c)) and he has done some work with Air (drums on Air – 10 000 Hz Legend (spotify:album:2WNI378JH55k63eXBHbjbI)), so if you want to hear more of his work, but don't want to be anxious and terrified, check those out.

Space Suicide
09-16-2014, 10:26 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/16/7cdf38a16919bbce32e634189a33c6a5.jpg

Finally!

onthewall2983
09-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Vinyl for all four volumes of the soundtrack to come out in December (http://www.factmag.com/2014/09/19/brian-reitzells-haunting-hannibal-score-set-for-release-on-invada-sample-all-four-volumes/), perfect timing since it'll make wonderful Christmas music :)

fillow
10-13-2014, 09:23 AM
What's everyone guess at that SotL legal battle? Are the owners just asking for too much money for the rights, or are they reluctant to sell them in general?

onthewall2983
10-13-2014, 10:43 AM
MGM is desperate to keep whatever they can exploit so they can become financially stable again. Virtually all of their releases for the last few years have been remakes, often with films that weren't theirs to begin with but were when they bought the studio's library (Carrie, RoboCop, etc, etc.). Apparently they had plans to do a Clarice Starling show for Lifetime that may or may not have predated Hannibal.

fillow
10-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Just to be clear - they only own the names? So Fuller can name his characters Claire Moonlight and Buffalo Franck, leave every other detail intact (biography, appearance) and get away with it?
(Or maybe even name her Clarisse - note the different spelling. They did have Dr. Lecktor in Manhunter)

implanted_microchip
10-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Fuller said that every season they've gone and asked MGM to let them use the rights, and have attempted various deals, and that season 1 it was an explicit "No" whereas season 2 it was a "come back and ask us later, we'll see," so they're apparently getting more open to it. One of the deals they've considered offering is allowing them to use Hannibal as a character for their own projects, too, so they'd sort of be trading in a way, in that each group gets to use the other's content, which is beyond fair, because really, Hannibal is a far more instantly known character.

They've made it sound like chances are good that come season 4 they'll have worked something out, and technically they don't need them until then as it is, so I'm very optimistic for it. It'll be a shame if they don't, because they're really making the ultimate culmination of all of Harris' work, and it deserves to have every piece it needs to complete it.

onthewall2983
10-19-2014, 10:41 AM
Last night's PaleyFest panel (https://screen.yahoo.com/paleyfest-ny-clips/paleyfest-ny-hannibal-190000806.html?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=)

Radiovoyr
10-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Last night's PaleyFest panel (https://screen.yahoo.com/paleyfest-ny-clips/paleyfest-ny-hannibal-190000806.html?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=)

Thank you for the link, I was unaware this took place. I really fucking love this cast. Season 3 cannot happen soon enough.

onthewall2983
10-22-2014, 10:24 PM
https://vimeo.com/89010478

Space Suicide
10-22-2014, 10:34 PM
https://vimeo.com/89010478

Proof of how beautiful cinematography can be.

The_Prowler
10-25-2014, 02:58 PM
I can't wait for the next season.

onthewall2983
12-18-2014, 11:36 PM
oh man, I love the soundtrack but I'm not sure if it's something I would want to listen to on its own. That said, Brian Reitzell does have an album called Auto Music available on Spotify (Brian Reitzell – Auto Music (spotify:album:2ett12pJsHLePa6umr9t9c)) and he has done some work with Air (drums on Air – 10 000 Hz Legend (spotify:album:2WNI378JH55k63eXBHbjbI)), so if you want to hear more of his work, but don't want to be anxious and terrified, check those out.

I've spent the last couple of nights listening to all four volumes and I can't recommend them highly enough. It requires some patience with longer tracks, as some of them go up to almost 20 minutes. It's every bit of music that's on the show from what I can tell which makes for a very immersive experience. I'll definitely give Auto Music a shot.

imail724
12-19-2014, 03:21 PM
http://tvline.com/2014/12/19/hannibal-season-3-michael-pitt-leaving-joe-anderson-recast-mason/

This sucks because Pitt was perfect in that roll, but at least he's disfigured so you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway, but Pitt's voice and mannerisms and everything were so great last season, I can't imagine this other guy pulling it off as well. We shall see.

Space Suicide
12-19-2014, 04:07 PM
He'll do fine but, I too, enjoyed Pitt's depiction. I hope the voice isn't that obviously different. It'd be a dead giveaway.

mrselfdestruct94
12-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Damn, I really enjoyed Michael Pitt's performance. On a show dedicated to creepy and disturbed human beings he definitely took the cake. I am glad to hear Mason Verger is returning for season 3. It'll be interesting to see how well they combine aspects from Red Dragon, Hannibal, and Hannibal Rising into a thirteen episode run, but I have faith in the series. At least the picture posted in the article looks good, a kind of reassurance to wary fans.

Space Suicide
12-19-2014, 05:16 PM
I personally am looking extremely forward to season 3 not to mention I think it'll be the best one yet. In a recent trend of slow, lackluster seasons of brilliant tv shows (Sons of Anarchy S3 in Ireland, Breaking Bad S3 being a slow transition season, Dexter S3 having a love/hate aesthetic to it, etc) having average to bad third seasons I'm glad to see this show won't follow that trend.

Piko
12-19-2014, 08:49 PM
http://tvline.com/2014/12/19/hannibal-season-3-michael-pitt-leaving-joe-anderson-recast-mason/

This sucks because Pitt was perfect in that roll, but at least he's disfigured so you probably wouldn't be able to tell anyway, but Pitt's voice and mannerisms and everything were so great last season, I can't imagine this other guy pulling it off as well. We shall see.

Well, that sucks! I really enjoyed him. Still looking forward to the next season.

dlb
01-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Richard Armitage is joining Season 3 as Francis Dolarhyde.

https://tvline.com/2015/01/13/hannibal-season-3-cast-richard-armitage-dolarhyde/

Space Suicide
01-13-2015, 09:01 PM
I hope I'm not alone in wanting to know all the information I can about the role of the season 3 story that Gillian Anderson's Bedelia du Maurier will have!

Edo
01-14-2015, 01:33 AM
I quit following Hannibal news on Tumblr after seeing some spoilerific photos. No spoilers for me!

Richard Armitage news is awesome.

implanted_microchip
01-14-2015, 06:28 AM
I hope I'm not alone in wanting to know all the information I can about the role of the season 3 story that Gillian Anderson's Bedelia du Maurier will have!

Aside from Mads performance and crossing my fingers so very tight that for once an on-screen adaptation of Red Dragon has the proper novel ending, I'm most excited about her character. Only one none of us know anything about, regardless of how many of the novels and films we've consumed.

Oh and the borderline cinematography porn that we just know is going to happen in Italy has me excited already.

Millionaire
01-14-2015, 08:36 AM
Not really about the show, but I just watched Red Dragon recently for some reason. Better than I remembered, but it has the burden of being a sequel to Silence of the Lambs, and theres no way Brett Ratner could live up to that. It was decent, though. About Edward Norton's performance: I couldn't decide if he was trying to play his character as a mild-mannered everyman or that he just couldn't give any less of a shit. Probably a little of both.

Space Suicide
01-15-2015, 07:54 PM
http://tvline.com/2015/01/14/hannibal-season-3-time-jump-will-graham-wife/

implanted_microchip
01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
http://youtu.be/QEaKAmAXzQ8

Time to climb aboard the hype train! Lady Murasaki is in the house.

mrselfdestruct94
01-22-2015, 03:50 PM
This trailer made my day! Can't wait for summer!

Space Suicide
01-22-2015, 04:32 PM
http://www.addisonrecorder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/tumblr_n6ajzy2HVf1tzph9qo1_500.gif

Bachy
01-29-2015, 01:22 PM
Really can't wait for season 3. Came across this scene on YouTube last night. Easily one of my favorites so far in the series:

http://youtu.be/jcfWWcQO6OY

StopRemembering
03-06-2015, 05:12 PM
Season 3 starts on June 4th. CAN'T. WAIT.

http://i.imgur.com/jsU2mIgl.png

http://i.imgur.com/ADswlHbh.jpg

Piko
03-27-2015, 08:56 PM
According to Wikipedia, it's only eight episodes?

ibanez33
03-28-2015, 04:03 AM
According to Wikipedia, it's only eight episodes?
IMDb shows 13, same as the first 2 seasons. A while ago there were talks about cut backs around the same time NBC cancelled Community, maybe Wikipedia just hasn't been updated since then.

Piko
03-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Awesome. Guess just eight of them have names (for now).

Space Suicide
03-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Based off the titles of the episodes, seems like every episode this season is entitled after an Italian dish. Season one was French and season two was Japanese.

It also is airing on Thursdays now instead of Fridays.

onthewall2983
05-05-2015, 06:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4Bn5YuGcE

Space Suicide
05-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Love that. About time she deviated into an antagonist character for once.

fillow
05-10-2015, 02:56 PM
I wonder what are the odds for her to survive this season

Space Suicide
05-10-2015, 04:17 PM
I wonder what are the odds for her to survive this season

She'll be dead I bet. I wouldn't even be surprised if her death or her alerting Will and the FBI would make them get involved and know of Lecter's location.

Space Suicide
06-04-2015, 08:51 PM
10 minutes, people!

Antipasto is the title. They're all named after Italian dishes this season, well at least until the Red Dragon. Then after, no more episode titles named after nationality specific dishes.

Piko
06-04-2015, 09:10 PM
I'm debating on watching it (dvr). Kinda wanted to rewatch the first two seasons. The dilemma!

imail724
06-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Great episode, especially those flashbacks with Eddie Izzard.

Space Suicide
06-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Great episode, especially those flashbacks with Eddie Izzard.

Yeah.

Eating body parts that were amputated off your own body like no big deal. As for Bedelia, I can't figure her out. Was she willing and now a "captive" of circumstances, was brainwashed to travel with him due to their "friendship," was she obligated since he lied to her about patient killing? Does she love/admire him in some way? Does she have homicidal tendencies but not for eating? So many whats and whys :p

The most chilling part to the episode to me is when Hannibal and Gideon talking about cannibalism and Hannibal's response of it not as cannibalism since cannibalism is when "equals" eat others. There's that arrogant psychopath.

imail724
06-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Yeah.

Eating body parts that were amputated off your own body like no big deal. As for Bedelia, I can't figure her out. Was she willing and now a "captive" of circumstances, was brainwashed to travel with him due to their "friendship," was she obligated since he lied to her about patient killing? Does she love/admire him in some way? Does she have homicidal tendencies but not for eating? So many whats and whys :p

The most chilling part to the episode to me is when Hannibal and Gideon talking about cannibalism and Hannibal's response of it not as cannibalism since cannibalism is when "equals" eat others. There's that arrogant psychopath.
Seems to me she just got in way over her head. She thought she could understand Hannibal and that they were one in the same, but quickly learned that she was wrong. The scene at the end of the episode where Hannibal kills the guy did a great job to remind the audience just how evil he is, which is easy to forget with this show.

Space Suicide
06-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Seems to me she just got in way over her head. She thought she could understand Hannibal and that they were one in the same, but quickly learned that she was wrong. The scene at the end of the episode where Hannibal kills the guy did a great job to remind the audience just how evil he is, which is easy to forget with this show.

I assume so but she has to have let go of her rational thinking due to his charms since she's a psychiatrist she should know you can't rationalize or make sense or hell even enjoy company with psychopaths. As for her being a "participant" in his crimes, she essentially is by not saying shit. I also loved the upcoming spoiler after the episode. He must be bored, time for play if he wants to entice Graham and the FBI to find him.

fillow
06-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Ok, I guess I'll ban myself from this thread until I'm done with the season.

imail724
06-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Ok, I guess I'll ban myself from this thread until I'm done with the season.
Rule of thumb: never enter a tv show thread if you're not caught up on the episodes.

Space Suicide
06-09-2015, 04:30 PM
New (previously used) avatar for reppin'.

Space Suicide
06-11-2015, 09:43 PM
Abigail is surely dead?

Rabbit
06-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Tried to get into Hannibal after all hoopla i've heard and once again i'm disappointed. That's what i get for trusting the general public.
It's just another fucking cop procedural show dressed up very nicely with neat dream sequences.

Back to never watching broadcast television.

imail724
06-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Abigail is surely dead?
Seems to be the implication

Space Suicide
06-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Tried to get into Hannibal after all hoopla i've heard and once again i'm disappointed. That's what i get for trusting the general public.
It's just another fucking cop procedural show dressed up very nicely with neat dream sequences.

Back to never watching broadcast television.

How many episodes have you watched? If your answer is 2 or one, watch more. Or not. Doesn't matter, some people like it some don't.

Also, it was always as such because Lecter always served as a forensic psychiatrist (even the famous Silence of the Lambs film is as such). So of course they'll show cases and how they solve them. I don't think the show is a "cop procedural" show. Bit shallow to think of it as that. Honestly never got that I vibe.

mrselfdestruct94
06-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Have to admit, I was a little thrown off by the immense changes of 'Antipasto.' The first two seasons move quickly and reveal so much in every episode, both plot and character wise, but I was taken aback by how slow everything became, practically grinding to a screeching halt. Having watched it two more times since it's debut I've come to appreciate it more and overall it's a great episode. It's mainly exposition with very little payoff. It's great to see Bedelia and, of course, Hannibal again. The flashbacks with Eddie Izzard are drenched in foreshadowing and insight into Hannibal's mind. Bedelia's confused and crippling mindset that makes her equal parts prisoner and accomplice (are you, in this very moment, observing or participating?) is brought to the forefront of this episode, and it's fascinating to watch her and Hannibal's relationship develop throughout. It's fantastic storytelling that takes it's sweet time, and once I realized that this would be a different animal from the previous seasons, I was able to enjoy it more.

'Primavera' had me from the get go. It was great having Will back. His journey to find Hannibal and seeing how damaged he'd become since season two's bloody and brilliant finale was truly a heartbreaking and mesmerizing forty-five minutes of television. The conclusion in the catacombs, fragile words whispering forgiveness, and fading to black was simply beautiful. Speaking of heartbreak, sweet merciful motherfuck, good to see the creative minds writing and producing the show haven't lost their ability to create nightmare fuel.

mfte
06-16-2015, 10:25 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again. How a show like this is on network television is beyond me.

This new season is far more trippier than anything I remember from the previous seasons. This last episode just felt like an extended fever dream. I was a little itchy at the pace these new episodes move but as soon as I was able to let go of what I thought this show was the more I was able to really just enjoy the experience.

onthewall2983
06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIIgUauWcAAuksa.jpg:large

I'm betting Amazon will pick it up, they have the streaming rights anyway.

implanted_microchip
06-22-2015, 05:01 PM
What a goddamn shame.

Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise considering this is the network who blurred nudity in classical paintings two weeks ago. Who does that? Surely Amazon, Netflix, Hulu (last place I'd want it but it'd be better than nothing), or some cable channel has got to pick it up. It's a critical darling, absolutely excellent and has just not been marketed/promoted well whatsoever. Almost no one I've talked to about it seems to even know it exists. Starting a new season in the NBA finals and then judging it for having lowered ratings? Seriously?

It's by far my favorite show currently on TV based on one of my favorite book series around and the last thing I want is to see it go. Hopefully it'll get a new home announced soon.

Space Suicide
06-22-2015, 05:23 PM
Sucks but I knew they wouldn't allow it to ever air the entire desired story arc. Such horseshit.

If someone picks it up, I hope it does well still and gets video releases still. I hope season 3 gets a blu-ray release too.

implanted_microchip
06-22-2015, 06:16 PM
For those interested you can buy a ton of props and costuming from the first two seasons on auction currently (full of spoilerific items): http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/23/
Space Suicide my birthday's this week and I'm totally planning on picking up the Art of Hannibal book and one of the soundtrack releases to support it. There's a high shot of it getting picked up elsewhere. Twitter's already got savehannibal trending at the moment I believe.

Piko
06-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Hopefully someone else picks it up.

Space Suicide
06-22-2015, 06:51 PM
For those interested you can buy a ton of props and costuming from the first two seasons on auction currently (full of spoilerific items): http://propstore.auctionserver.net/view-auctions/catalog/id/23/
@Space Suicide (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=532) my birthday's this week and I'm totally planning on picking up the Art of Hannibal book and one of the soundtrack releases to support it. There's a high shot of it getting picked up elsewhere. Twitter's already got savehannibal trending at the moment I believe.

I had/have every intention to buy that book and I will.

mfte
06-24-2015, 10:11 PM
The stab to the temple came so suddenly. I love how this show went from a very episodic police procedural to a full on season long arch fever fever dream.

Im reading that if there is a season 4 it might be with Amazon but securing international financing will prove difficult without NBC. Fingers crossed.

sentient02970
06-26-2015, 06:57 AM
I had watched Season 1 back when I had TV. Now that I'm streaming I'm finally onto Season 2 (Amazon) and am convinced it's the most visually stunning and well-crafted TV show I've ever seen. I really hope someone has the sense to keep it going.

Space Suicide
07-04-2015, 07:29 AM
This week's episode was great!

mfte
07-08-2015, 10:16 PM
This week's episode was great!

Things are really starting to heat up. This is much better than the movie Hannibal (except Gary Oldman)

sentient02970
07-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Janice Poon, the food consultant on Hannibal has a great blog about her work on the show, with recipes! (http://janicepoonart.blogspot.com/2015/07/episode-5-contorno.html) I can't believe it took me this long to find it.

implanted_microchip
07-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Last night's episode just totally cemented it as the greatest adaptation of a book series I've seen. I so desperately need this to get to do all it wants with the source material, and it's such a shame knowing it probably never will. I'm just so blown away by it, there's no show like it. Visually it is without a doubt the most impressive thing I've ever seen on TV.

Space Suicide
07-10-2015, 05:30 PM
Can anyone explain to me how we go from Hannibal sawing Will's head to both of them immediately hanging upside down at Mason's Ranch?

mfte
07-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Can anyone explain to me how we go from Hannibal sawing Will's head to both of them immediately hanging upside down at Mason's Ranch?

Excellent question. They will need to explain that in the next episode. I would guess it had something to do with Du Maurier confessing Hannibal's current location to the crooked cop. Is it just me or did it feel like Hannibal sawed into Will's head much more than it showed when they were hanging upside down?

onthewall2983
07-11-2015, 01:56 PM
What I really don't get is how it looks like Will's head is completely intact when he's at the ranch

Roderick
07-11-2015, 05:59 PM
What I really don't get is how it looks like Will's head is completely intact when he's at the ranch

It isn't intact

onthewall2983
07-12-2015, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loOgfXNs-VI

hollowsminion
07-13-2015, 11:34 AM
Creepy as HELL. Can't wait for all this but also don't want it to end too soon.

Space Suicide
07-16-2015, 08:14 PM
End of days my friends. They moved the show to Saturday nights at 10:00. They really don't give a shit about this show anymore. I'm scheduled to work Saturdays sometimes so I may get fucked over watching it eventually.

mrselfdestruct94
07-16-2015, 10:59 PM
I still do not understand how something this utterly fantastic, enthralling, beautiful, unique, and enjoyable was ignored and shrugged off by all but a few devoted fans. Moving to Saturday nights where it's pretty much guaranteed to never find new viewership (not that it would have any other night of the week) just feels like one final slap in the face.

Space Suicide
07-18-2015, 09:53 PM
I'm disappointed they didn't show Hannibal kill Mason's assistant, Cordell, with the axe and removing his face. I guess they couldn't on NBC anyways. I enjoyed the whole scene though.

I'm surprised they killed off Mason tonight though.

mrselfdestruct94
07-20-2015, 02:50 PM
No pajama party for you, Mr. Graham!

Space Suicide
07-20-2015, 04:36 PM
Red Dragon timeline this Saturday! Too bad I work, gonna have to catch a stream.

implanted_microchip
07-22-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm really hoping we get some intensely psychotic and beautiful imagery revolving around the Red Dragon and his Becoming. Harris' writing describes the entire mental process and imagery in a way neither film adaptation has captured whatsoever and this series has everything it needs to do it justice.

I really cannot think of any other adaptation where I have been so trusting and comfortable with them changing and taking things that are really difficult or fantastic and messing with it. I have total faith in Fuller and Co. to just knock every book/plotline out of the park, and it's probably my favorite trilogy of novels so that's saying something.

Ryan
07-24-2015, 11:18 PM
I caught an episode of this recently and really liked it. The one with the big round building thing and the bodies stitched together in a circle in different hues.

mfte
07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Well that single episode was already better than the entire Red Dragon film.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/adamlehrer/files/2015/07/hannibal-red-dragond.jpg

I cheered alone in the living room when Will did the "This is my design" thing.

Great to see Scott Thompson and the other guy back.

imail724
07-27-2015, 01:50 PM
Goddammit if this isn't seriously the best show on TV. Such a shame about it coming to a close so prematurely. The last 3 or 4 episodes have been some of the best television in recent memory IMO.