PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow World 2013 - Fairburn, GA

DexPleiadian
03-24-2013, 11:27 AM
i just want to feel out the community about this one. how does Echoing the Sound feel about the world's largest music festival setting up a second set of dates in the U.S.? any speculation as to who will be on the lineup?

dare i say we try to convince NIN to play the festival?

profane
03-24-2013, 01:19 PM
How do you see NIN fit in this kind of festival? Imo this is something the likes of NIN should drop a bomb on and get away with it. The whole setup of the festival is kinda nice (not the music off course) but it's not the kind of venue let alone people that NIN should play to and want to play to. I hail from the county where this festival originated and I think it's a horrible thing.

NIN64
03-24-2013, 07:57 PM
This needs to be moved. It's in the wrong part of the forum. . .

pukkelpop
03-25-2013, 04:25 AM
As i am a Belgian, i am a bit proud of TomorrowLand/World, but still this hasn't a thing comparable with NIN.
(and it's not the biggest festival: Tomorrowland brings 60.000 people, Pukkelpop and Werchter 70.000, and i guess US festivals are even bigger)

DexPleiadian
03-25-2013, 06:01 AM
i think that it being electronic music-based makes it a great fit for NIN. it doesn't have to be all djs. i went to Counterpoint at this same venue and Big Boi, M83, and a few other non-EDM groups were there.

i may have been a bit zealous calling the biggest. it just feels like it to me when i watch the videos of the past few iterations in Belgium.

as someone that doesn't get to travel outside the country often, i am pretty stoked to see this come to the US.

so why doesn't this fall under current events/in the headlines, exactly? considering the initial questions were about the fact that it was expanding to the United States and asking for speculation about the line-up? is it not a current event that it was officially announced to be in Georgia just recently... or am i mistaken? does the appearance of the announcement amongst other recent news stories not literally define it as "in the headlines"? i feel like this being in the general NIN forum is just as misplaced as it was considered prior to the move.

pukkelpop
03-25-2013, 07:04 AM
i think that it being electronic music-based makes it a great fit for NIN. it doesn't have to be all djs. i went to Counterpoint at this same venue and Big Boi, M83, and a few other non-EDM groups were there.

i may have been a bit zealous calling the biggest. it just feels like it to me when i watch the videos of the past few iterations in Belgium.

as someone that doesn't get to travel outside the country often, i am pretty stoked to see this come to the US.

so why doesn't this fall under current events/in the headlines, exactly? considering the initial questions were about the fact that it was expanding to the United States and asking for speculation about the line-up? is it not a current event that it was officially announced to be in Georgia just recently... or am i mistaken? does the appearance of the announcement amongst other recent news stories not literally define it as "in the headlines"? i feel like this being in the general NIN forum is just as misplaced as it was considered prior to the move.
if the concept will be like in Belgium, there will only be dj's. and not even alternative dj's like Amon Tobin, but dj's like David Guetta. All commercial dance genres actually, and some loungy tents .

icklekitty
03-25-2013, 07:13 AM
World's largest music festival? I've never heard of Tomorrow World. And I'm getting annoyed at this viral marketing spam.

kenthebear
03-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Man, tomorrow's world was great. Don't think NIN will be on it, Raymond Baxter died a few years ago.

sheepdean
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Wait, NIN are going to be using future technology on a kids' show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow's_World

pukkelpop
03-25-2013, 09:53 AM
www.tomorrowworld.com
here in Belgium it's a big fantasy world. huge decorations, from lounge areas to disney creatures... all tickets sold out in like 10min. 90% of the people is on drugs.
let's see what it brings in the US.

kenthebear
03-25-2013, 09:55 AM
Wait, NIN are going to be using future technology on a kids' show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow's_World

Posting literally the same joke the post after mine? For shame.

Kids these days not knowing who Raymond Baxter is. I had to look him up

sheepdean
03-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Ah damn I didn't see your post - regardless, How 2 was better.

DexPleiadian
03-26-2013, 07:08 AM
World's largest music festival? I've never heard of Tomorrow World. And I'm getting annoyed at this viral marketing spam.

i'm not spamming. at this point, i really wish that i hadn't even started this thread. so enjoy your undue annoyance.

i was genuinely interested to see what this community's views were on this event that I AM excited about. but instead (funny jokes aside) i get responses like the quoted.

i hope some actual discussion arises about this... however, i wont know because this is the last time i will be here to look at it. thanks icklekitty. enjoy living in Pretentious, U.K.

Sutekh
03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
biggest festival in the world is that one in Morocco where over half a million turn up, outside of that Glastonbury in the UK is just under 200,000 these days (part of why I don't go anymore)

dianaelise
03-31-2013, 10:39 PM
How is this festival differ from ultra or electric daisy carnival ? I've seen YouTube videos of tomorrowland and it looks epic but is it gonna stay epic in a us version