PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dra508
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah, actually - I luv my mom, but when she says life can be boring and marriage is boring, suck it up - I really want to stick her head in the toilet and flush.

That and Pinot Noir - who decided this was a good wine type? Blaaaah.

Baphomette
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
One of my neighbors has been running some sort of machine that vibrates the walls/ceiling on a nightly basis. He doesn't run it during the day so I'm starting to think it's either a humidifier, an air purifier or one of those breathing apparatuses that people with sleep apnea use. Unfortunately, I'm not on friendly terms with the neighbor I believe to be the culprit, so I'm at a loss as to what to do. Aside from poisoning him, I mean.

theruiner
11-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Well, if you're going to leave out the best option then I don't know what to tell you.

sublimaze
11-28-2011, 10:41 PM
I like Pinot Noir, if it's good. Plenty of crap out there.

Ack, my mom. Four days in Cleveland staying with her were quite enough. Too much incessant talking and complaining. About everything. Especially about my sister, who is almost as irritating. Fuck BOTH OF YOU.

waffel
11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
There was a girl in front of me today who printed out close to 30 papers, when all I had to do is print one page. General etiquette of printer use, is if you have a ton of stuff to do, you ask if the people behind you want to print their few pages first.

marodi
11-29-2011, 09:17 PM
What's pissing me off right now is that it's going to take me forever to figure out the BB codes of this place. It really sucks to be computer illiterate... :mad:

Malechite
11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
What's pissing me off right now is that it's going to take me forever to figure out the BB codes of this place. It really sucks to be computer illiterate... :mad:

scroll down to the bottom of the page...click BBcode :)
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/misc.php?do=bbcode

marodi
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
scroll down to the bottom of the page...click BBcode :)
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/misc.php?do=bbcode

SQUEE! Thank you! :D

theruiner
11-29-2011, 10:49 PM
I just realized what the BB in BBcode stands for. What the hell took me so long?

marodi
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I just realized what the BB in BBcode stands for. What the hell took me so long?

Well duh! It stands for Brigitte Bardo, of course! ;)

Lisbeth
11-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Well duh! It stands for Brigitte Bardo, of course! ;)

I always thought it stood for Big Bewbs.

icklekitty
12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok, someone has just linked me to this website, saying that she buys all her clothes here because she dresses like a "1950s housewife"

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/home.jsp

Motherfucker, please

sheepdean
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
People of a fandom who think that, just because you haven't bought every single piece of paraphernalia, that you're not a fan of THEIR standing

bgalbraith
12-01-2011, 03:00 PM
FUCK Python 3 and it stealing hours of my life for not having any decent library support

sick among the pure
12-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Waiting for apartment complex manager lady to call me back after finding something important out for me, which is the only thing holding up our move from a crap small studio to a 2br that my friend is moving into with us.
I HAVE TOO MUCH WORK TO DO TO BE SITTING AROUND WAITING. IT'S FINALS TIME. I know the second I get on the subway to go to school and get back to work on prints, she's going to call, get my voicemail because i'll be on the subway, and I'll not be able to get back a hold of her when I get off because she'll be out of the office or something stupid.

theruiner
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
People of a fandom who think that, just because you haven't bought every single piece of paraphernalia, that you're not a fan of THEIR standingAnd I'm sorry, sheepdean, but I stand by that. You're just going to have to accept that I'm a bigger Men Without Hats fan than you are.

Tea
12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
I really want some kittens, but I'm moving into the perfectotherthannopets place this month. And then the landlady is already asking me for techy help- do a favor back then, and let me have my babies. BABIES.

Conan The Barbarian
12-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Frappuccinos. and the women that prefer it.

redshoewearer
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Just not enough hours in the day. Running my business, AND studying mathematics. It is midnight and I'm working on lebesgue measure. I need at least 4 more hours per day.

Mantis
12-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Finals week is going to fucking blowww. This TGWTDT sampler was released at a great time

Jacob's Ladder
12-01-2011, 11:42 PM
AHHHHHHHH END OF SEMESTER!

Turns out a week was lost somewhere in the middle of my huge design project, meaning that finishing in time has become incredibly hard. I had a final, a take home final, and the project due today (which my TA told me we can hand in tomorrow). So tired.

Also, ETS IS DIFFERENT! CHANGE IS SCARY!

theruiner
12-01-2011, 11:46 PM
CHANGE IS SCARY!Also: theruiner when he got his first pube.

...AND I'm sitting here downloading the God damn GWTDT sampler and I should be going to bed. Damn it. I hate being a fan of musical artists that are good.

waffel
12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Finals week is going to fucking blowww. This TGWTDT sampler was released at a great time
I second this. I have two exams on each day, so I'm essentially stuck on campus waiting for my doom. Also next week is my birthday, which not only is the week before finals, but I have two exams that week as well. I hate the first half of December.

Jacob's Ladder
12-01-2011, 11:50 PM
...AND I'm sitting here downloading the God damn GWTDT sampler and I should be going to bed. Damn it. I hate being a fan of musical artists that are good.
Seriously, I'm doing the same thing when I should be working! Stupid free music!

Also, RAINBOW TEXT IS BACK!

sick among the pure
12-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Seriously, I'm doing the same thing when I should be working! Stupid free music!

Also, RAINBOW TEXT IS BACK!

Yeah, until I saw Trent's "I'm gonna push a button!" tweet, I was all set to shoot one of my finals. But nooooo, he just had to give us some new music... bastard.

theruiner
12-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I am so tired of my nose running every time I eat. And randomly throughout the day. AGGGHHH.

playwithfire
12-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Frappuccinos. and the women that prefer it.

This. They take forever to make, separate super quickly, and I have to run around the entire bar area to make them.

Rossva
12-02-2011, 07:45 AM
I hate having to deal with Human Resources.

This! Precisely.

Oh and you know what else;

People who talk "Starbucks".

"can I get a tall skinny latte?" = pretentious wanker

Conan The Barbarian
12-02-2011, 08:42 AM
This. They take forever to make, separate super quickly, and I have to run around the entire bar area to make them.

dont you just love it when they order it light and right when you hand it to them, they ask for whip or drizzle. fat fucking cows

Tea
12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
This! Precisely.

Oh and you know what else;

People who talk "Starbucks".

"can I get a tall skinny latte?" = pretentious wanker

Really? Doesn't that just mean a small latte made with skim milk? I don't think there's anything wrong with people watching their weight. There are some who do a crazy amount of additions and subtractions, but in the end I feel like that's what Starbucks is there for. You're paying more for baristas who will actually bother to do that for you, and if that's not what you care for then go to a Seven 11 or just have a plain cup at home or work. I do think the amount of people that indulge in Starbucks daily or more is frightening, and it feels like half the country actually runs on the stuff, but that's a different subject.
Usually I order a grande soy iced green tea latte, no syrup- why? Because I am incapable of make one just as good at home.

theruiner
12-02-2011, 09:45 PM
From the next room: clank clank clank clank clank slurp slurp clank slurp clank slap slap slap clank clank slap chew clank chew chew chew chew clank clank slurp slurp

Oh my God, you imbecile. You're freaking middle-aged, LEARN TO EAT LIKE A GOD DAMN CIVILIZED PERSON.

krush
12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
My boss texting me about shit

stop stop stop stop

leo3375
12-02-2011, 10:47 PM
This probably applies to anyone who has ever worked in a retail environment: When someone is paying in cash and they put the money on the counter and either slide it to you or make you pick it up. I'm pretty sure that if I put the customer's change on the counter they would complain about poor customer service. If you like the cashier handing you your change, I'm pretty sure that the cashier would appreciate you handing your payment over to him/her.

Dra508
12-02-2011, 11:14 PM
^^^^. You know, I always think about this, knowing that what you stated would be the case, however I find myself pulling together my bills and coins while you're getting my order or bagging my stuff and sometimes I put on the counter.

My little thing - miscommunications. I can't get it right. FML.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Hitting a deer and totaling my car on my way to a concert that was supposed to be a gift to my girlfriend for our 16 month anniversary.

No injuries, just bruised up from airbags. And the good news is that full insurance will cover eeeverything. I just hope I can get everything handled and get a temp car soon.

Also, does anyone think I have a chance at getting a ticket refund if my tickets were never picked up? Shot in the dark, but worth a try...

Gah, I can't sleep in this shitty hotel....

MAD
12-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Well, mine revolve mainly around the subway.

I hate it when someone passes the barriers at full force and I need to wait before the damn shit stops spinning. You know lady, you have TWO GOD DAMNED HANDS. WITH THE RIGHT ONE YOU PUSH THE BARRIER, WITH THE OTHER YOU HOLD IT AFTER YOU PASSED. SIMPLE 'NUFF?

Oh, and the second one is when there are two people and two empty seats, but.... one seat apart because there's some guy sitting on it, ignoring the fact that he could help you and the other person by moving the fuck away to make the two empty seats next to each other.

Pff.. that feels much better.

Magtig
12-04-2011, 02:50 PM
The cops knocked on my door last night to ask about a shooting. I had heard the shots about a half hour before, and looked out my window to see people running, but I didn't tell the cops shit. I'd be living in a dream world if I thought they were actually going to protect me. Fortunately I didn't really see enough detail to be useful anyway. The cop told me there was a shooting the night before as well. Two or three months ago a 12 year old kid got stabbed to death in broad daylight. I asked him if this neighborhood was getting worse. He told me that it was never very good, and that the violence in it comes and goes in spurts. I told him I'd moved here two years ago, and he said that I had moved in during a relatively peaceful time. Shit.

bruised
12-04-2011, 02:54 PM
People standing too close to me in line at places. Do you have to be breathing on my neck dude? Fucking take a step back!

scorpiusdiamond
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Fire alarm in my block of flats is loud as fuck. Like, so loud it actually HURTS when I have to go and reset it.
I guess it'll keep me alive though? Fuck, it hurts.
ARGH IT KEEPS GOING OFF.

Baphomette
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Having a friend who's a complete douche can be quite wearying. In the last 24 hours, I've had to console both his ex-wife and a recent ex-girlfriend. I just wanna go over to his house and kick him in the balls.

mostlymad
12-04-2011, 08:16 PM
I hate that I had a short case of Bell's Palsy once, and now, every time I feel any twitching on the left side of my face, I panic a bit that it will return.

richardp
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure that the two dudes who live above me grow their own weed. It always smells like raw pot and more or less gives me headaches. I know that a lot of people would probably find that to be a blessing, but I find it, personally, an annoyance.

Big Fat Matt
12-04-2011, 11:28 PM
none of my favorite football teams do what i want them to do. fuckin aye. bitch bitch bitch, moan moan moan

fillow
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
New shit ass design of youtube and gmail. Are they now focused on tablet computers or what

icklekitty
12-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Really? Doesn't that just mean a small latte made with skim milk? I don't think there's anything wrong with people watching their weight. There are some who do a crazy amount of additions and subtractions, but in the end I feel like that's what Starbucks is there for. You're paying more for baristas who will actually bother to do that for you, and if that's not what you care for then go to a Seven 11 or just have a plain cup at home or work. I do think the amount of people that indulge in Starbucks daily or more is frightening, and it feels like half the country actually runs on the stuff, but that's a different subject.
Usually I order a grande soy iced green tea latte, no syrup- why? Because I am incapable of make one just as good at home.

Those skinny lattes aren't so skinny. You're only saving about 40 calories, and they're 95 calories more than a regular coffee. If people want to blow money on coffee though, that's their problem. Arguably everyone has a version of that.

Baphomette
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Having a friend who's a complete douche can be quite wearying. In the last 24 hours, I've had to console both his ex-wife and a recent ex-girlfriend. I just wanna go over to his house and kick him in the balls.Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I did just that. Well, maybe not so much kicking him in the balls as stranding him in Downtown LA. Some people just don't know when to check themselves.

poinoup
12-05-2011, 06:18 PM
A) Government paperwork and their endless supply of excuses as to why they haven't contacted me back after weeks. I think they've run the entire checklist of cliches. Luckily, it's all taken care of tomorrow.

B) People who are blaming themselves for their significant other's immature shortcomings. It's not your fault he's 34 and pouts like an 8 year old who just got grounded.

naut
12-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Those skinny lattes aren't so skinny. You're only saving about 40 calories, and they're 95 calories more than a regular coffee. If people want to blow money on coffee though, that's their problem. Arguably everyone has a version of that.

Some of us get skinny lattes cos full cream milk makes us fart!

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
I just realized that I spent $88 on registering my car last week, and I hit a deer Friday, totaling my car. I might as well have just not paid it, but then again that would've bit me in the ass worse.

Jacob's Ladder
12-05-2011, 09:04 PM
from the next room: clank clank clank clank clank slurp slurp clank slurp clank slap slap slap clank clank slap chew clank chew chew chew chew clank clank slurp slurp

oh my god, you imbecile. You're freaking middle-aged, learn to eat like a god damn civilized person.
why the fuck are you still living with this guy? Murder him and throw him into the rio grande already!

Pillfred
12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Faux(?) Mohawks.....

If you want a fucking Mohawk grow a set and commit.

poinoup
12-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Ugh...my very poor sleep patterns lately. Seems I move just the slightest bit and the pain in my knees and hips wakes me up instantly. I don't think I've had more than 2 hours of sleep in the last few nights. My brain also does not want to seem to shut off.

Halo Infinity
12-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Riding on a crowded public bus with a large group of people that seem to love standing at the front of it. It's just annoying because they sometimes leave a lot of space in the middle and the back of the bus, and it makes it harder for other passengers to board it. If it weren't for them, far more people would've been able to get a chance to board the bus, or not end up getting into a pointless fight over a lack of space that could've been prevented by actually going to the back of the bus. I literally can't stand it.

allegro
12-06-2011, 12:25 AM
The baristas here will correct me if I'm wrong, but (G and I are Starbucksaholics) I believe a "skinny" anything at Starbucks means sugar-free SYRUP. If you're just talking types of milk, it's different than "skinny."

edit: Starbucks lattes are mostly milk with very little coffee, and espresso is actually -- contrary to most belief -- less strong than regular coffee, but there's something oddly comforting about a warm milk drink with coffee from the Starbucks in your lobby in the middle of a stressful day. I do NOT apologize for loving Starbucks. Yeah, and I've bought jobs bracelets (http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/11/01/starbucks-takes-on-u-s-jobs-woes-with-loans-bracelets).

http://www.coffeechemistry.com/index.php/News/Caffeine/caffeine-content-in-espresso-vs-drip-coffee.html

Riding on a crowded public bus with a large group of people that seem to love standing at the front of it. It's just annoying because they sometimes leave a lot of space in the middle and the back of the bus, and it makes it harder for other passengers to board it. If it weren't for them, far more people would've been able to get a chance to board the bus, or not end up getting into a pointless fight over a lack of space that could've been prevented by actually going to the back of the bus. I literally can't stand it.
This, I believe, is just part of the growing "Selfish Assholes" movement that has been growing over the last 15-20 years. This selfish "fuck you, I am Number One" movement includes but is not limited to:

* Not waiting for people to EXIT an elevator before jamming your way ONTO an elevator
* Sitting on a seat on the train or bus while a very pregnant woman, child, or elderly person is forced to stand
* In the "12 Items or Less" line with 20 Items. (Worse: Pretend you do not speak English in this line)
* Your bratty children causing stress and you don't notice and should anyone exhibit any signs that your children are perhaps total brats, you believe it's because the complainants "don't like kids"

Note on that last one: a few days ago in the grocery store, I considered designing a Cafe Press t-shirt that said "I hate kids, especially YOUR KIDS." It's not the kids' fault, it's the PARENTS' fault, but still ... Ugh, it's so tiring.

theruiner
12-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Ugh. Got almost no sleep last night. I usually don't get much but this morning was particularly bad. I didn't get to bed until close to one this morning (had to be up at six). My anxiety got overwhelming. I could not get to sleep. I think I finally drifted off for good (as opposed to sleeping for a few minutes then waking up again) around 2:30 maybe.

It's anxiety about something specific (that I'd rather not get into) so really, it's the specific situation that's got me losing sleep. But it's getting really bad. I'm hoping to get to bed maybe around 10 or 10:30 tonight. I figure that will give me some wiggle room just in case it takes awhile to get to sleep.

icklekitty
12-06-2011, 09:11 AM
The baristas here will correct me if I'm wrong, but (G and I are Starbucksaholics) I believe a "skinny" anything at Starbucks means sugar-free SYRUP. If you're just talking types of milk, it's different than "skinny."

edit: Starbucks lattes are mostly milk with very little coffee, and espresso is actually -- contrary to most belief -- less strong than regular coffee, but there's something oddly comforting about a warm milk drink with coffee from the Starbucks in your lobby in the middle of a stressful day. I do NOT apologize for loving Starbucks. Yeah, and I've bought jobs bracelets (http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/11/01/starbucks-takes-on-u-s-jobs-woes-with-loans-bracelets).

http://www.coffeechemistry.com/index.php/News/Caffeine/caffeine-content-in-espresso-vs-drip-coffee.html

I went off off how stuff is named on the Starbucks nutritional info thing. Do you know what syrups they do sugar-free? Because I LOVE the smell of the hazlenut, mint, pumpkin etc drinks but they're way too sweet for me. And this sugar-free stuff isn't advertised over here.

Some of us get skinny lattes cos full cream milk makes us fart!

You realise you must never let me make or order coffee for you now?

allegro
12-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Vanilla, hazelnut and cinnamon dolce. Or, just order a "one pump" or "two pump" of the other flavors?

sentient02970
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
This, I believe, is just part of the growing "Selfish Assholes" movement that has been growing over the last 15-20 years.
I'd so love to see that trend reversed...oh well. I'm pretty sure "Black Friday" is where they all go out to "play".

I need to seriously change up my diet or just see a doctor...my gastrointestinal system is rebelling against me. Just about everything I've eaten over the past month has made my stomach feel like it needs a vacation. So bad at times that I wonder why I bother eating.

Halo Infinity
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't mean to say that all loud people are bad here, but sometimes they really just come across as arrogant and obnoxious. Some loud people also have a tendency to be extremely confrontational and inconsiderate and I just wish they'd learn how to shut themselves up. I can't believe that I almost forgot to mention that here as well, but that's how irritating some loud people are to me. I obviously don't mind the friendly types though.

Dra508
12-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Co-workers who won't help you out. This is the line in the sand they draw: I'm in Services, you're in Sales - neither the two shall meet and get on the phone and talk to a product management using your experience with this customer from a Service perspective. Nope, he's mad at that product manager so he's not helping me out.

I've know this guy for years and he is so freakin annoying like this. Considering he wants to get back into Sales, he is not motivating me to recommend him. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

naut
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Air con and offices.

There's always someone bitching that its too cold. It's 30c outside and I'm sweating in here because of someone bitching the AC was too cold.

Tea
12-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Note on that last one: a few days ago in the grocery store, I considered designing a Cafe Press t-shirt that said "I hate kids, especially YOUR KIDS." It's not the kids' fault, it's the PARENTS' fault, but still ... Ugh, it's so tiring.

I will never forget that one fateful day in San Fransisco...
We went to a very popular bakery for sandwiches. It was so packed, the line was out the door, but we were tourists wanting to try the best. This family that actually had a table had three small children that were running around the place, screaming, banging on the windows, pushing people, when the shop was already unbearably loud and we had a wait of around 40 minutes inside. We, along with maybe 5 other people complained to management, while other customers were getting in fights with the parents. An employee went over to speak with them. The father: "Well we're sorry that people don't understand what children are supposed to be like! We don't believe in saying 'no.' They have rights!" "Sorry, but we have to ask you to leave." The little boy standing there punches the employee in the leg. "Okay, GET OUT... NOW." They finally get up and leave, and the place erupts in applause- it felt like someone was going to pull out a bottle of champagne.

Fuck bad parents.

Danny Lohner
12-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I went to Denny's and asked for a free meal 'cause my name is almost the same as the restaurant's, but the manager told me this was the last time she was gonna warn me and next time she's calling the cops. :(

Fixer808
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Are you sure it wasn't because you weren't wearing pants?

theruiner
12-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Why did I think Chef Boyardee spaghetti in a can was going to be good? I hate being broke.

Baphomette
12-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Why did I think Chef Boyardee spaghetti in a can was going to be good? I hate being broke.Try the cheese ravioli. Much better.

ubermensch
12-08-2011, 05:13 AM
I get pissed when I write someone asking a question and they reply without answering it.

Tea
12-08-2011, 10:19 AM
Why did I think Chef Boyardee spaghetti in a can was going to be good? I hate being broke.

WHY are you eating that shit? Buying dry pasta, Prego, and some ground meat is cheaper.

allegro
12-08-2011, 10:24 AM
WHY are you eating that shit? Buying dry pasta, Prego, and some ground meat is cheaper.
Dry pasta and making your own sauce using canned diced tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes = even cheaper, and BETTER and healthier.

Tea
12-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Dry pasta and making your own sauce using canned diced tomatoes and canned crushed tomatoes = even cheaper, and BETTER and healthier.

So true, but I don't think I've ever suggested that to someone without a "that's too much work" reply. And with dry pasta you can get whole grain for the same price.

allegro
12-08-2011, 11:48 AM
So true, but I don't think I've ever suggested that to someone without a "that's too much work" reply. And with dry pasta you can get whole grain for the same price.True, and the idea that opening two or three cans (instead of one can of chemical-laden artery-clogging shit like Chef Boyardee) and dumping it into a pot and adding your own seasonings to taste and boiling some noodles in a pot is a lot more "work" is beyond me, we live in a really lazy world. Maybe people just don't know that it's THAT easy (and CHEAP!) to make your own sauce. And this meal lasts for a few days with leftovers you can change in various ways (nuke some shredded cheese on it, for instance).edit: I know this sounds bad but I have not yet acquired a taste for dry whole grain pasta. Instead, I get the mixed versions or just plain pasta and I have small portions sizes

Fuck bad parents.There's a growing movement. See this (http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2484515).

playwithfire
12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
My coworker (Starbucks!) decided to put a $25 dollar minimum (not maximum, which would actually make sense to me) on our Secret Santa. There goes my participation. I think it's wrong for SO MANY reasons and they don't get it. I feel like it basically misses the point of giving gifts in the first place, and the spirit of Christmas, and says a lot about my coworkers in a negative way. Last year we did a maximum amount (it was higher than $25, though) and no minimum and it worked out great. One of my coworkers was saying how she doesn't want a "$5 gift" and even made a comment about macaroni necklaces. Wow. Also, I don't have $25 dollars to spend on this, but I'd mind it regardless. I feel like it really gets so much wrong.

sublimaze
12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
It took 1.5 hours to get to work today (usually 45 min). Goddamn fucking traffic jams

I'm bored and tired

I have this stupid meeting (I HATE meetings) at 5:30 for an hour, which will probably take longer than that. About the "transition" of my division because the division head is leaving. Just appoint someone you fuckhead. And gimme the schedule for January.

Tea
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
My coworker (Starbucks!) decided to put a $25 dollar minimum (not maximum, which would actually make sense to me) on our Secret Santa. There goes my participation. I think it's wrong for SO MANY reasons and they don't get it. I feel like it basically misses the point of giving gifts in the first place, and the spirit of Christmas, and says a lot about my coworkers in a negative way. Last year we did a maximum amount (it was higher than $25, though) and no minimum and it worked out great. One of my coworkers was saying how she doesn't want a "$5 gift" and even made a comment about macaroni necklaces. Wow. Also, I don't have $25 dollars to spend on this, but I'd mind it regardless. I feel like it really gets so much wrong.
You're working at a Starbucks... in New York... and they expect expensive gifts? Under $25 and handmade does not equal macaroni necklaces- has your coworker ever had a creative tingle in her head past preschool level? Do they think a box of macaroni costs $20, so they need to set the bar higher? Fuck, even when my mother worked at one of the biggest advertising agencies in the US, they had a $15 minimum in the higher departments.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2011, 02:26 PM
I all but completely failed all of my classes this semester. And you know what? I don't care.

I know I should, and in a way I really do. But this entire semester was a mistake. I tried to balance a full class schedule (made up of four classes I have absolutely no interest in) with a full NIGHT TIME work schedule (and sometimes overtime). The only reason I even took them is because my mom thought I should "use my spare time after graduating (Got my associate's last year) to take more classes. I don't need the classes to get into the major I plan on taking next year at KU, either. And I've already made plans to skip spring semester before starting my college career in a major I want to take. All I'd be doing until June is working. I'm okay with that. I'm just so burnt out from having to go to class day in and day of for 9 months out of the year. I just need a break. And you know what? I just want the next 6 months to work and to do have some time out of school. I can't NOT go to school in the summer, so it's not like I'll bomb out. I know know exactly what I wanna do for a career, and I have to get through college to get there. But I want, hell, I feel like I DESERVE a break for a few months. I'd say that's fair for going to school for the last 16 years of my life.

playwithfire
12-08-2011, 02:27 PM
You're working at a Starbucks... in New York... and they expect expensive gifts? Under $25 and handmade does not equal macaroni necklaces- has your coworker ever had a creative tingle in her head past preschool level? Do they think a box of macaroni costs $20, so they need to set the bar higher? Fuck, even when my mother worked at one of the biggest advertising agencies in the US, they had a $15 minimum in the higher departments.

Yeah, a lot of my coworkers don't have to pay rent/etc. Or get government support. Which is great for them, but... what. Also, I am not your swag provider. If you just want to accumulate more, Secret Santa is not the place to do it. It was also a bit of a "fuck you" in a way. Oh, you wouldn't appreciate something I put time and effort into just because? I don't know. I'd rather have art or something over something someone put thought into over something I could go buy myself any day.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah, a lot of my coworkers don't have to pay rent/etc. Or get government support. Which is great for them, but... what. Also, I am not your swag provider. If you just want to accumulate more, Secret Santa is not the place to do it. It was also a bit of a "fuck you" in a way. Oh, you wouldn't appreciate something I put time and effort into just because? I don't know. I'd rather have art or something over something someone put thought into over something I could go buy myself any day.

You could always pay some kid $26 for a really fancy macaroni necklace. :P

frankie teardrop
12-08-2011, 02:50 PM
yeah, i'm sure the christmas craft market in union square has a few expensively organic macaroni necklaces for just the occasion!

jessamineny
12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
You could always pay some kid $26 for a really fancy macaroni necklace. :P

hahahahaha I like how you think. :D

allegro
12-08-2011, 04:05 PM
This is another reason why I'm so glad I work for Jews. "Santa? GTFO."

Tea
12-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay, my boss is actually pissed off at me because yesterday I told her I can't take the scent of most candles. I'm a candle snob, whatever- but most cheaper candles have overwhelming, unnatural scents, and it distracts me from my work. I told her this because she said I have to have a candle at the reception desk for the holidays. She comes in this morning with two cheap, overwhelming icky candles for me to pick from- cinnamon or hot apple cider. I told her I'd try out the apple one because it wasn't as strong.
Burns for half an hour, I'm pissed off at it, blow it out. She saw this right now and actually stopped talking to me. The hell?

Hula
12-08-2011, 04:20 PM
People who can't keep their mouths shut. If you're going to gossip, fine, but don't fucking blab about stuff that doesn't affect you one way or the other when your loose lips wind up screwing things up for the people involved.

fiodojgi'fdjsdfjdfsjpjolj';

I HATE HUMANITY.

jessamineny
12-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Okay, my boss is actually pissed off at me because yesterday I told her I can't take the scent of most candles. I'm a candle snob, whatever- but most cheaper candles have overwhelming, unnatural scents, and it distracts me from my work. I told her this because she said I have to have a candle at the reception desk for the holidays. She comes in this morning with two cheap, overwhelming icky candles for me to pick from- cinnamon or hot apple cider. I told her I'd try out the apple one because it wasn't as strong.
Burns for half an hour, I'm pissed off at it, blow it out. She saw this right now and actually stopped talking to me. The hell?

Explain to her that your system just wasn't able to handle it. But offer to bring in some nice potpourri that you can handle (it'll last all season), and suggest she bring in some unscented candles for the ambiance.

sheepdean
12-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Infant Circumcision. Why is it considered right for someone to cut off a part of a newborn child's genitalia, with no possibility of consent?

Obviously not counting medically-required circumcision, my gripe is with the aesthetic procedure.

Canuckle
12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
People who use the elevator to go up or down one floor...

Really? Mr. Young Emaciated Aaron Rodgers look-a-like? The stairs were to good for you?

NIN64
12-08-2011, 11:48 PM
When I really need to go to bed, but I can't because I am impatiently waiting for a download link. . .

Aaron
12-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I'm in college. It's finals season. Why is 99% of the work compressed into 1% of the semester? OCCUPY COLLEGE

Dinki Di
12-09-2011, 03:33 AM
I get pissed when nobody quotes my post and tells me I have the most eloquent words typed by human hands. How do I get this across to people that it bothers me?

Seriously, I detest anyone that uses a bluetooth earpiece in a public setting such as a lobby or checkout lane.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-10-2011, 04:07 AM
is the albatross that is ruining the life of my closest friend right now.

He and his wife have a three year old daughter and a one year old daughter. The one year old is keeping them up at night, crying at random hours because she wants to be fed. He can’t get a decent night’s sleep and he comes to work tired and stressed, which effectively kills the ‘good times roll’ office buzz I have going

Today we were supposed to go to this hillside cave town on the Almafi coast where part of Passion of the Christ was filmed, and then take pictures at the palace in Caserta Gardens where parts of Mission Impossible, the Da Vinci Code and the new Star Wars movies were filmed. It took me over a month to convince him to go do this with me!

He shows up at my apartment at 9:00 this morning and is all “I just need to take a 20 minute nap and I’ll be good.” That was five hours ago. The door to my bedroom is ajar and it sounds like a Kodiak mountain bear is sleeping in my bed

We have this box of foam ear plugs in the office for when we have to go shoot aerial photos in the heli. He grabbed a handful of them the other day and said “I need these so I can sleep at night and so I don’t strangle [insert name of friend’s daughter here].” I should have told him not to joke about stuff like that, but I laughed instead. Apparently the ear plugs aren’t working : /

I tried to lighten the mood by telling him to be thankful he had daughters because guys never outgrow the need for breast milk. I’m 30 and I still want that shit, yes please

His wife is 25 and from Kirgizstan and she’s super hot, too. I envy his daughter. It must be nice to wake up at all hours of the night, pitching a fit and having a gorgeous woman come running in, ready to put her boobs in your mouth. Sign me up, WTF

I could be kicking back in Rome right now. Instead I’m indoors on a beautiful autumn day listening to my friend sleep

icklekitty
12-10-2011, 05:22 AM
These are the sorts of things you should be posting in "little things that piss you off (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/152-Little-Things-That-Piss-You-Off-more-bitching-about-your-mom)" as opposed to starting a new thread.

There isn't going to be a 10 page long discussion about people who are pissed off because their friends have to breastfeed their kid.

allegro
12-10-2011, 09:51 AM
That kid ain't hungry, that kid needs some behavioral modification.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-10-2011, 10:12 AM
These are the sorts of things you should be posting in "little things that piss you off (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/152-Little-Things-That-Piss-You-Off-more-bitching-about-your-mom)" as opposed to starting a new thread.

There isn't going to be a 10 page long discussion about people who are pissed off because their friends have to breastfeed their kid.

I wasn't trying to troll the board or anything

sheesh.

can we get a moderator to just move my post over to the thread you suggested and delete this one?

icklekitty
12-10-2011, 10:22 AM
I wasn't having a go at you, just advising you.

sublimaze
12-10-2011, 10:54 AM
That kid ain't hungry, that kid needs some behavioral modification.

ROTF!!! The baby's addicted to the tit.

orestes
12-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Continue bitching about breast milk and vaguely sexist comments here.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-11-2011, 03:10 AM
who was being sexist where?

ubermensch
12-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Seeing the same people 16-20 hours per day for months on end with no days off.

Big Fat Matt
12-11-2011, 10:26 AM
being confused and bewildered by my emotions. it would be so much easier if i were a Vulcan!

Hula
12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
being confused and bewildered by my emotions. it would be so much easier if i were a Vulcan!

But then you'd miss out on the good stuff! Kinda agree with you at the moment, though. Sometimes it does seem like it'd be a lot less complicated if emotions didn't control us so much.

sentient02970
12-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Craigslist sucks balls. I've had an antique table for sale on there for months. After several requests for more pictures,details and dumb questions (not to mention the endless spam) I finally get emails from someone interested in buying. Set up the time, agreed on price and scheduled whole day and they are a no show.

Fixer808
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I love the library, but I hate library patrons, including the man to my left who keeps falling asleep at his computer and snoring, and the man to my right who smells like asshole.

naut
12-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I still have 7 work days (after today) for the year and I am already insufferably bored.

Tea
12-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I love the library, but I hate library patrons, including the man to my left who keeps falling asleep at his computer and snoring, and the man to my right who smells like asshole.
This is just the public in general.
I have to deal with crazies on the bus every weekday. There's this older man who rides frequently- and carries a baby doll, in the way you'd carry a real human child. It's not even this, it's that if you happen to catch his eyes while trying to not look at him he will glare you down like he has death rays coming out of his eyes. The glare is so melodramatic would be comical if it wasn't for the whole youknowhesapsycho bit.
Then there's the Shaman of the Hippies, who has so many cloths tied to him he takes up two seats, and sits in the front chanting while stomping his skull stick.

Thaned
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Not feeling confident with my photography gear pisses me off. Autofocus just seems to be so hit-and-miss and I don't have the money to send away all my gear to get calibrated.

Just feeling rather uninspired and I left my film camera at a friends house and it's taking longer to get it back than I expected...

sigh​

ubermensch
12-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Broke my external hard drive the day before coming to afghanistan. years of pictures and all music other than 35gb or so GONE.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-12-2011, 07:57 AM
That's a real bummer! Happened to me on my external and my PS3 drive, but never before going overseas. At least you have that 35 gb? Beats nothing.

I hate when people think "Wake me up at 8" means "Wake me up at 7:30 with the sole purpose of telling me it's getting close to 8." Thanks for robbing me of an extra 30 minutes of sleep. 'preciated.

Hula
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Not having energy to do anything that makes me happy any more. It's great that I have a job and money coming in now, but every time I come home I'm so completely exhausted that it seems too much effort to even read a book. Instead, I spend my free time (when I'm not out with friends—at least I still have that) pretty much lying around on my bed mindlessly clicking through the internet.

Maybe I need more protein in my diet? I don't frigging know.

sentient02970
12-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Not having energy to do anything that makes me happy any more. It's great that I have a job and money coming in now, but every time I come home I'm so completely exhausted that it seems too much effort to even read a book. Instead, I spend my free time (when I'm not out with friends—at least I still have that) pretty much lying around on my bed mindlessly clicking through the internet.

Maybe I need more protein in my diet? I don't frigging know.
If you're getting plenty of sleep at night I would recommend getting plenty to eat throughout the day. I found myself suffering exhaustion and dizzy spells just due to not eating enough throughout the day (not just at meals). In addition, if the weather and your area permits, get out for a walk once in a while. Fresh air ALWAYS makes me feel revived. That bed and the internet are just going to make you less inclined to do anything.

Hula
12-12-2011, 10:35 AM
I've been sleeping too much, if anything, but eating regularly definitely sounds like a plan—I've gotten into the awful habit lately of virtually fasting between meals.

Thanks for the pointers! I'll give 'em a go :)

Dra508
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Christmas shopping. I just don't like people enough and hate spending money when I don't actually have any.

Harry Seaward
12-13-2011, 12:56 AM
Tool is coming to Reno (fucking Reno, say what?) and I have no money. This is bad news.

I'm not giving up yet, though. I may have to sell my Xbox or some other crazy shit, but I refuse to miss it. If I do, I'll never forgive myself.

Big Fat Matt
12-13-2011, 01:01 AM
im tired and i have shit to do.

Sesquipedalism
12-13-2011, 03:02 AM
Tonsil stones. After a month long case of strep, these little fuckers are making my day-to-day life just miserable. Imagine feeling like you've got a pill stuck in your throat all the time.

The cure? Tonsillectomy.
Cost of tonsillectomy? Approximately $2,667-$4,848.
Insurance deductible? $5,000.

Sesquipedalism
12-13-2011, 03:04 AM
Craigslist sucks balls. I've had an antique table for sale on there for months. After several requests for more pictures,details and dumb questions (not to mention the endless spam) I finally get emails from someone interested in buying. Set up the time, agreed on price and scheduled whole day and they are a no show.
In 2010, it took me four months to sell a nearly new $3,000 treadmill. Eventually, I sold it. For $300. To a fucking church rec center, where I can only imagine it's being used to tire out children so that they're easier to catch and defile.

Yes, Craigslist sucks.

Sesquipedalism
12-13-2011, 03:06 AM

If it cheers you at all—and I'm sure it won't—that's literally the funniest thing I've heard in days.

Halo Infinity
12-13-2011, 06:07 AM
I'm not too fond of "graphics whores" and listening to gamers that piss and moan all over Nintendo. Great graphics don't equate to great gameplay, and video games don't have to have an 18+ rating in order to be good.

Beef of the Sea
12-14-2011, 03:17 AM
The people I work with are gumby fuck-heads.

Hula
12-14-2011, 03:32 AM
So I write on a forum (to keep my creative side busy) where people posts ideas for what they want to write with people. This one chick jumps on EVERYBODY'S ideas and she's got at least one story going with everyone on the forum, but the problem is she's so fucking flaky. She takes weeks between replies and sometimes she'll just go quiet out of nowhere. It's like she wants everyone to pander to her when she's bored, but she doesn't have the decency to stick around reliably, snatching up opportunities from other writers in the process.

I know I can be ridiculously self-absorbed at times, but even this seems wildly selfish by my standards.

Halo Infinity
12-14-2011, 07:23 AM
I dislike it when people use the word is in lieu of the word are in reference to plural nouns. I'm far from being a "Grammar Nazi", and I make my share of errors when I'm writing or speaking, but that's just grating on my eyes and ears.

I'm also still not fond of double negatives either. They literally don't add up.

Oh yes, and I also can't stand being accused of being a "Grammar Nazi" or a "pseudo-intellect" just because I deliberately choose to not communicate in SMS language in all of my posts in Facebook. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off to no end because I didn't even claim to be smarter than everybody.

Which reminds me to say that I'm annoyed when people that use SMS language in all their posts, no matter where they are on the Internet just because they "aren't being graded for it" or "because it's not a resume". Sure, that may be the case, but it certainly takes a lot away from their credibility. It doesn't make sense when they're pissed over others telling them that they're inarticulate either. What should they expect when they're only resorting to typing in textese, and why should that make me an asshole just because I'm not into the way they type?

allegro
12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
My cousin sends out Christmas cards every year signed THE ROMAN'S.

(Roman is her last name.)

She's been doing this for, I dunno, DECADES?!?!

wtf.

edit: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Apostrophes

Dra508
12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
I dislike it when people use the word is in lieu of the word are in reference to plural nouns. I'm far from being a "Grammar Nazi", and I make my share of errors when I'm writing or speaking, but that's just grating on my eyes and ears.

I'm also still not fond of double negatives either. They literally don't add up.

Oh yes, and I also can't stand being accused of being a "Grammar Nazi" or a "pseudo-intellect" just because I deliberate choose to not communicate in SMS language in all of my posts in Facebook. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off to no end because I didn't even claim to be smarter than everybody.

Which reminds me to say that I'm annoyed when people that use SMS language in all their posts, no matter where they are on the Internet just because they "aren't being graded for it" or "because it's not a resume". Sure, that may be the case, but it certainly takes a lot away from their credibility. It doesn't make sense when they're pissed over others telling them that they're inarticulate either. What should they expect when they're only resorting to typing in textese, and why should that make me an asshole just because I'm not into the way they type?You need to open a Grammar Thread.

Walking through a store heard two guys talking in Twitter Speak - #FML, #Notfunny #dorky

icklekitty
12-14-2011, 08:24 AM

Oh yes, and I also can't stand being accused of being a "Grammar Nazi" or a "pseudo-intellect" just because I deliberate choose to not communicate in SMS language in all of my posts in Facebook. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off to no end because I didn't even claim to be smarter than everybody.

Which reminds me to say that I'm annoyed when people that use SMS language in all their posts, no matter where they are on the Internet just because they "aren't being graded for it" or "because it's not a resume". Sure, that may be the case, but it certainly takes a lot away from their credibility. It doesn't make sense when they're pissed over others telling them that they're inarticulate either. What should they expect when they're only resorting to typing in textese, and why should that make me an asshole just because I'm not into the way they type?

I really hate it when people overuse "lol". It means "laugh out loud", so only use it when the thing you're replying to/the thing you said made you laugh out loud. Inappropriate use of this makes people look stupid, in my opinion, and it's even more irritating when girls I went to school with do it.

slave2thewage
12-14-2011, 08:31 AM
The worst is when people use "lol" to mean "lots of love". Idiots.

sentient02970
12-14-2011, 09:21 AM
You need to open a Grammar Thread.

Walking through a store heard two guys talking in Twitter Speak - #FML, #Notfunny #dorky

Wow, you mean they actually spoke "hashtag" blahblahblah? Good lord, apocalypse can't come soon enough.

Dra508
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, you mean they actually spoke "hashtag" blahblahblah? Good lord, apocalypse can't come soon enough.Yes - #QFT

Rather than lol - I just snort, like I just did.

Halo Infinity
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
I also just want to make myself clear and say that I also don't go around correcting people at all times either. (Not that any of you have said that about me, but I'm just saying.) I also know that I don't follow every single grammatical rule, but it's clearly far easier to read plain English instead a bunch of letters that looked like they were thrown against a wall. If that happens, I try to translate what was said into plain English. If the poster was actually trying, and made a few honest mistakes here and there, I won't flip out. I'm thankful that this isn't really that much of a problem in discussion forums though. However, social-networking sites are a completely different ball game. This is also making me wonder if that's why I don't see a lot of children and teenagers on forums. (Aside from security and legal reasons.)

You need to open a Grammar Thread.
That actually sounds like a fun idea, and I'm definitely not being sarcastic. I do recall a Grammar List thread being made on the old ETS.

sentient02970
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
The guy in the bookstore the other day on his cellphone. He decided to announce to his phone call and the rest of the store every detail of his holiday plans: "Yeah so on Friday we're going to so and so's house to meet the new so and so in the family then we're all going caroling in such a place neighborhood for an hour or so followed by a dinner at so and so's house to each such and such...". It got so my nice relaxing browse of used books, light reading to discover new authors, looking for good buys became every book on the shelf getting interrupted with each of Fezziwig's soiree ideas and excitement. Yeah I know, I'm sounding like Scrooge but if you need to carry on like that just leave the quiet store for a bit.
I'm betting he also sends Christmas cards to everyone he can get an address of containing a word-processed document of every event and plan in his family's home throughout the entire year. Urgh.

konstantin
12-14-2011, 01:17 PM
i wish they'd ban garlic and onions from all airport eateries. now that airlines don't serve food (or try to charge premium for their idea of "gormet" food), passengers tend to bring fragrant meals on board, which just makes the already unpleasant experience of air travel (airlines have long given up on convincing you otherwise) even worse.

allegro
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
^^ Oh, God, YES!! ESPECIALLY anything from that fucking Panda Express (a/k/a Poison Panda).

sukey
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
One of my best friends at uni, who is also my flatmate and landlord, is dropping out for a year because he has depression, which means he won't be around next semester at all. Just found out today. I knew things were bad but I didn't know they were this bad. This is shit.

redshoewearer
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Wow, you mean they actually spoke "hashtag" blahblahblah? Good lord, apocalypse can't come soon enough.

I have a kid who goes around saying 'DILLIGAF' I figure everyone knows what it means....

I'm fried. Just came out of a 3 hour a-calc/real analysis final.

aggroculture
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
People who still do FB updates in the third person.

sublimaze
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Stuck right smack dab in the middle of a 12-hour shift. So far, quiet, which means boring. And I slept in late today and prepared myself with a bunch of caffeine, so sleep is unlikely to take hold.

Also, not sure what to do about holiday cards and quickly running out of time.

Big Fat Matt
12-15-2011, 12:14 AM
i am far to chickenshit to make a move at the girl i like.

also, said girl lives 2 hours away.

halloween
12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
haha. that's funny (took me awhile to understand what you meant considering i'm not on fb anymore)

Sesquipedalism
12-15-2011, 01:58 AM

And for every one of you, there's one of me. I'm annoyed when people don't use the third person.

Actually, the ratio's surely more skewed in your favor. Still.

sublimaze
12-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Four hours left. Apparently, though, there is some actual work activity coming up soon. YAY.

Hula
12-15-2011, 03:46 AM
And for every one of you, there's one of me. I'm annoyed when people don't use the third person.

Actually, the ratio's surely more skewed in your favor. Still.

This makes me feel a little less bad for doing it on occasion. What irks me is when people say '...needs to dye my hair'. If we're going to be dicks and talk in third person, might as well keep it consistent.

At any rate, it's a leftover from the days when Facebook used to have an irritating little 'is' before status updates so that they were, quite literally, updates about your current status. It's harmless.

Thaned
12-15-2011, 04:20 AM
I lost something rather important. Fuck.

Sesquipedalism
12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
This makes me feel a little less bad for doing it on occasion. What irks me is when people say '...needs to dye my hair'. If we're going to be dicks and talk in third person, might as well keep it consistent.

At any rate, it's a leftover from the days when Facebook used to have an irritating little 'is' before status updates so that they were, quite literally, updates about your current status. It's harmless.

Yeah, if you can't do it well then he doesn't do it at all.

Wait. Shit. That consistency thing is trickier than I thought.

Regardless, status updates seem to be (more or less?) unlimited now, but there used to be a 420-character limit, so I always used mine as a writing exercise: Beginning with my name and "is," I had to craft a complete and grammatically correct 420-character, third-person sentence, using no shortcuts (excepting "&" for "and," and numbers over ten could be rendered digitally), which made updating my status rather challenging and fun, as I happen to be a left-brained word geek. Plus, by setting arbitrary rules like that for myself, I never ran the risk of becoming the guy who updates every six minutes with something preposterously inane or once a day with rap lyrics.

So, if we'd like to stay on topic here, a little thing that pisses me off is when people use rap lyrics as their Facebook statuses. There are so few chances to actually say something that might register to someone else—something that might catch someone unawares at a moment when they're not completely preoccupied waiting for their turn to talk instead of listening (people always seem to be less prepared for total self-obsession when online), and you go and squander one of those opportunities by copying and pasting (usually) misspelled, often moronic or downright nonsensical lyrics that not only didn't you yourself compose, but that will prompt your reader, the instant that person realizes he or she is reading lyrics, to glaze over with disinterest and completely dismiss you? Fucking idiot.

Elke
12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm going to my second funeral in four weeks, the second parent of one of my students who died. This one is even more tragic than the other, because this woman had breast cancer and went to the doctor several times, always to be told nothing was wrong. Then, when it was finally diagnosed, it was already terminal. Just before Easter this girl came to me to tell me the doctors had given her mum between a month and a year, so I could inform her other teachers. Last Friday, after refusing to eat for two whole weeks, she finally passed. And yes, I say finally. Seven kids have been watching their mother die, saying goodbye to her every morning and every night knowing it might be the last time, for eight months.

I feel totally useless in these kinds of situations though. I always say the wrong thing. But I'm just going to assume simply being there is worth something.

sick among the pure
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Missed my Dr. appointment, wrote the wrong time down, now I have to wait ANOTHER month just to get my prescription for testosterone. I don't see why the Dr. Couldn't take 5 seconds between appointments to write it, we already went over everything last time.

playwithfire
12-15-2011, 05:33 PM
I just added an ex-coworker of mine I don't like very much on Facebook. I didn't want her to be pissed off. Ugh, why. I should have just ignored it or something.

ltrandazzo
12-15-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking about defriending playwithfire because she's using Facebook the wrong way and adding people she doesn't like. ugh, why.

playwithfire
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Because I don't want to deal with her being cranky at me irl. Tony look at my Timeline it's beautiful ugh, why.

Also, I'll use your face the wrong way.

Halo Infinity
12-15-2011, 07:23 PM
It's weird, unsettling and very annoying when people that know who I am say hi to me when they've clearly shown their dislike for me and act as if nothing's happened. Sure, I'm aware of "moving on", but a part of moving on from people you dislike is to stop communicating with them. Aside from locations and situations that require proper decorum, I'd rather just ignore them and leave them alone as quickly as possible. I just don't see the point in saying hi to people you dislike.

Dra508
12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
^^^^^It's easier to ignore each other - it's much harder to be civilized. Suck it up.

I just added an ex-coworker of mine I don't like very much on Facebook. I didn't want her to be pissed off. Ugh, why. I should have just ignored it or something.I have told peripheral co-workers that I will not friend them on facebook. I say: "I'll LinkIn with you"

Sounds so nasty.

ok, leaving for the drunk tank - carry on.

ltrandazzo
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Because I don't want to deal with her being cranky at me irl. Tony look at my Timeline it's beautiful ugh, why.

Also, I'll use your face the wrong way.

That does not piss me off.

Halo Infinity
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM
^^^^^It's easier to ignore each other - it's much harder to be civilized. Suck it up.
I know it is, and I try to deal with it the best I can. I just find it odd though, as I usually don't see people that dislike each other speak to one another. It's just creepy in some ways. On the other hand, this is why I try to not get on anybody's bad side in the first place while keeping myself at a safe distance from others.

And to add to the thread.

When people condemn introverts and loners for very unsubstantial reasons. I've seen that happen a lot.

Sesquipedalism
12-16-2011, 03:32 AM
I feel totally useless in these kinds of situations though. I always say the wrong thing. But I'm just going to assume simply being there is worth something.

If it helps at all, there is no right thing to say. When my mother was on her way out, I got pissed off at people who asked about her or said they were sorry. I thought, "Fuck off. You don't really give a shit, it's just that you'd feel guilty not saying something because society says you're supposed to." And I got equally pissed off at people who didn't ask about her or say they were sorry. I thought, "Fuck off. You're either self-absorbed and couldn't be bothered to give a fuck about what I'm going through or you're purposively not talking about it because it makes you feel awkward, and thus making life even more awkward and awful for me than it already is."

No winning. No logic, obviously. But still no winning.

Being there would have been worth a lot to me, though. I was unfortunately marooned somewhere where I had no friends or social acquaintances. But I guarantee your presence is welcome and appreciated by these kids.

Elke
12-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Thank you, very much.

icklekitty
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh good, it's a week before Christmas and I've only got £100 in the bank. A certain hotel chain is going to get a bit of a shock when their entire web presence goes down on NYE because they didn't pay me.

DF118
12-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Facebook updates that digress into banal conversions between two people THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL TOPIC but rather become reflections on I HAVN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES!!!

Like this:

Person 1: "I can't believe that Britain would continually reject reformations to the gold standard until the 1930's at the expense of economic growth!"

Person 2: "Absolutely, a lesson to be learned perhaps, in light of the United Kingdom's current position in post recession Europe."

Okay. As a reader I'm still with you. I may even join the conversation. Then this happens:

Person 1: "Oh Hi Person two! How's your knee? We should totally go out sometime! Miss you loads! I can't believe what he did you by the way."

Person 2: "Oh hi! Yeah I'd love that! Yeah he's a bastard. Let's show off to everyone about what best friends we digressing into this one-to-one drivel at the expense of both everyone else and the original topic".

Fuck off, you brain dead imbeciles.

REPLICA
12-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Migraine headaches.... They hurt like a son of a bitch. I think it's because of stress, I don't usually get them until the spring.

ratexla
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
When people condemn introverts and loners for very unsubstantial reasons. I've seen that happen a lot.
Ha. Yeah. (Probably the same people who say, in any situation, "It's OK because everyone else [in my stone age herd] is doing it" regardless of the consequences.) It became clearer than ever to me when I posted in a comment section that, you know, it's physically possible to not spend Christmas with family members you dislike. "I've quit family Christmases myself." != Their business, right? But it got this big bunch of downvotes, lolz. AND THAT IS WHY I'll be sure to repeat my advice regarding enemy-free Christmases... on Facebook. (In the third person.) The universe. It will 'splode.

*thinks long and hard (huh huh huh) to think of something for the thread* Oh yeah. Writing "I could care less" when you meant "couldn't." D:

Fixer808
12-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I don't have water or heat until at least tomorrow. The water because my house got robbed while I was out of town for work and they stole my goddamn plumbing (and pocketwatch, Rammstein ticket, passport, etc.) for the copper. FREALS?? Then my furnace oil ran out. IT WAS A GREAT WEEK.

sheepdean
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
People celebrating someone's death, no matter who it is.

Hula
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM

THIS, A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. I think we got each other when it came to Bin Laden.

Pissing me off: the way I can't seem to get a decent night's sleep when I have to be up in early the morning (before 7, say). Doesn't matter what time I go to bed or how much I relax prior to it; I always have nightmares of some sort or wake up every hour or so freaking out that I'm going to sleep through my alarm. I've set two alarms on two separate electronic devices and that still isn't enough to assuage my fears, apparently.

Dra508
12-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Talking to a product engineer in Poland and being done with the conversation 10 minutes in. I get it, I understand, I'll talk to the customer, and get back to you as soon as possible. 20 more minutes of saying the same thing four different ways. I'm pretty sure he was just practicing his English. Sweet guy, but gah, I got shit to do. I think I just have a 30 minute limit to phone calls or meetings or anything.

Halo Infinity
12-20-2011, 04:19 PM
People that don't know how to remain silent and actually listen to somebody else, especially when they have a tendency to say: "Let me finish!"

frankie teardrop
12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
People that don't know how to remain silent and actually listen to somebody else, especially when they have a tendency to say: "Let me finish!"

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-3/kanye-west.jpg

Tea
12-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't have water or heat until at least tomorrow. The water because my house got robbed while I was out of town for work and they stole my goddamn plumbing (and pocketwatch, Rammstein ticket, passport, etc.) for the copper. FREALS?? Then my furnace oil ran out. IT WAS A GREAT WEEK.

Damn, Fixer, that's terrible. Do you think the venue would work with you on tracking who uses the ticket? I work at a ticket company, and we've dealt with similar situations.

theruiner
12-20-2011, 04:35 PM
People that don't know how to remain silent and actually listen to somebody else, especially I don't know what you're talking about.

Fixer808
12-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Damn, Fixer, that's terrible. Do you think the venue would work with you on tracking who uses the ticket? I work at a ticket company, and we've dealt with similar situations.
I paid for it with cash, so I've no record of what seat I was in. But on Friday on my way to work my friend made me go all misty when she texted me and said "YO! Got you another Rammstein ticket, merry xmas luv!" Love that gal!

playwithfire
12-20-2011, 05:36 PM

I used to think this. But, when someone who has done a lot of evil shit has ceased to exist in this world (just like we all eventually will), I don't really think we have to be nothing but neutral to somber about it.

I wouldn't go around celebrating someone's death, though I did mention Kim Jong Il passing to my coworkers and saying the world had a little less evil in it or... I don't know what I said. It wasn't nice. Also I posted this on Facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhohteHuyPM&feature=player_embedded

Big Fat Matt
12-20-2011, 06:15 PM
im at work and all sweaty from working, and i know i reek. yeech.

playwithfire
12-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Okay, so, I'm messy. I know this. And lately I've been basically horrible about not doing dishes and things... so that doesn't smell good. And my apartment in general is pretty messy, but given that I'm going away for 6 days, there's no way I'd leave it like that.

ANYWAY, fuck my landlord, she called me to basically say she hopes my roommate and I are going to clean up our place before we leave, which is reasonable.

But, then she mentioned our trash, because her husband hasn't seen any trash in the cans for a month. Well, that's because we take our trash out usually directly to the street on Friday or Tuesday. Because we're usually too lazy to do otherwise. But, we do take it out!

I understand that I can't fault her for her assumptions but raaaaaaaaaage.

And I've got this feeling of anxiety (because you know, landlord) and anger right now. I don't get pissed off frequently or easily, believe it or not.

Halo Infinity
12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages/Entertainment/images-3/kanye-west.jpg

Good one. :p

I don't know what you're talking about.
I'm talking about people that hate being interrupted while having their points ignored, yet somehow don't care about being that way to others at all times. It's just something else to notice that they'd say "Let me finish!" when they don't let anybody finish while always trying to take over the conversation.

redshoewearer
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Hearing about christmas! I"m so fucking tired of it already. And most of my work life is spent around customers who looovve christmas so I have to keep quiet and/or watch what I say.

theruiner
12-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm talking about people that hate being interrupted while having their points ignored, yet somehow don't care about being that way to others at all times. It's just something else to notice that they'd say "Let me finish!" when they don't let anybody finish while always trying to take over the conversation.I was just joking. I interrupted your quote mid-sentence to say that. Guess the joke fell flat. (http://tinyurl.com/3k9bw6q)

Elke
12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
As some of you might remember, I hit a rough patch back in May. I had to stop counselling for a while because things are so hectic at work, and it turns out to be a very bad idea because I'm back at the bottom, only this time I kind of know what's causing it so it might not get so far as it did in Spring. But I'm not going to bitch about that, because depression is depressing.

HOWEVER! I'm extremely tired and extremely emotional which is logical (apparently I'm hypersensitive or some such rot and stress will do that to you) but it also causes me to have extreme mood swings. Normally I wouldn't go into work when I'm so low, but today we had class meetings so I had to, and halfway through the day I broke down and started crying almost uncontrollably. Still not the thing that pisses me off, though.

Some people came up to ask me if I was okay (which I hate, but I can appreciate rationally as a way of showing concern for me so I did my best not to bitch at them) and some people tried to ignore me and avoid me (which I would do too, so again, that's okay) and two people asked me if I was mad at them.

WHAT THE FUCK? On days when my life is all about me I don't need you shoving your own insecurity-based egocentrism in my face, especially not if it's needy and clingy and only very thinly-veiled as sympathy or comfort. Fuckers.

marodi
12-21-2011, 02:52 PM
^^
Wow Elke, that's really something. Some people are so self-centered that it's scary! I hope things will improve for you though. *hugs*

Piss me off: Christmas came early this year; I got pink eye and otitis. I know I have an unusually high resistance to pain but damn it, it doesn't mean that it has to be tested like this.

halloween
12-21-2011, 03:00 PM
It's 54 F, raining on the 21st of December.

what. the. fuck.

Halo Infinity
12-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I was just joking. I interrupted your quote mid-sentence to say that. Guess the joke fell flat. (http://tinyurl.com/3k9bw6q)
*The Price Is Right Fail+Darth No* NP, now I get it. ;)

icklekitty
12-22-2011, 02:50 AM
It's 54 F, raining on the 21st of December.

what. the. fuck.

Same here; similar expletive.

ubermensch
12-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Gave my brother a list of things to download to a hard drive and mail to me in afghanistan like 6 weeks ago. i was expecting it in the mail this week, but he didnt even send it yet. wtf.

Endlessly
12-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Acne. And all the people who told me when I was 14 that I'd grow out of it soon-- filthy lies!

Fixer808
12-26-2011, 05:38 PM
It's been two fucking weeks and no news about insurance people sending plumbers to my fucking house to replace my fucking water pipes and I intend to have company on NYE and want some running fucking water and maybe some fucking heat. My furnace won't start and I need to spend $120 that I don't fucking have getting a furnace guy to come and bleed the air out of the fucking lines. FUCK!

redshoewearer
12-26-2011, 09:58 PM
Acne. And all the people who told me when I was 14 that I'd grow out of it soon-- filthy lies!

If you can afford it, go to a dermatologist. They really can help with this. No need to keep suffering with it.

and....

phobia - of email, phone, and pm's. I can see pm's and just not look at them even though I know they're from perfectly great people, or know there's a new message on the phone and leave it there for days. I hate that I do it - it is so irrational but I can't bring myself to open messages sometimes! Am I alone in this?

Halo Infinity
12-27-2011, 01:04 AM
I can't say that I'm all too fond of Facebook's new features regarding security issues. Not being allowed to add anybody I'd like to add totally defeats the purpose of a social network. I never really liked the requirement for submitting my cell phone number in order to verify my account or set a URL name for it either. An E-mail and a password should suffice. No more, and certainly no less either.

Hula
12-27-2011, 03:20 AM
Wait, what? Can you only add people in your network now or whatever?

Related: I thought it was annoying that Gmail brought in a security measure that for every 5 accounts or whatever that are made, 1 has to be verified with a phone number. Maybe it's to stop it getting overrun by spam like every other mail service out there, but this isn't really the sort of thing I want to give out.

phobia - of email, phone, and pm's. I can see pm's and just not look at them even though I know they're from perfectly great people, or know there's a new message on the phone and leave it there for days. I hate that I do it - it is so irrational but I can't bring myself to open messages sometimes! Am I alone in this?

I'm the same. I recently reconnected with my mother's estranged side of the family and even though I love talking to them, whenever I see I have a new email from one of them I feel sick and put off opening it for weeks on end (even though I know there's not going to be anything bad in that email). I missed my uncle's birthday that way. I don't even get it.

I think it's a by-product of my college days. Literally every time I checked my email there'd be some new deadline or some tutor/lecturer slapping another pile on top of my workload. Even after I dropped out, for a while there I'd check my inbox and there'd be emails finalising my departure from the university and for even longer after that, before they removed me from the mailing list, there'd be emails about school events and graduations... It makes me a little ill thinking about it just now. I guess it's not really a surprise that things turned out the way they have.

You ever notice that the feeling gets worse the longer you put it off? I think the only way to get past it is to force ourselves to sort these things out straight away before they can escalate and pray that it sticks. All I know is it's not making things any easier by allowing this to have such power over us.

Elke
12-27-2011, 05:51 AM

Oh no, sweetie, you're not. About five years ago a worker's magazine reported that about 43% of Belgians working a phone desk actually have telephobia. I thought this blog (http://mados.wordpress.com/2011/12/20/telephobia/) was sort of interesting.
Apparently, it's mostly a manifestation of a general social anxiety disorder, which makes sense because it's about interaction and whether or not you're doing it right, which is what social anxiety is all about. However, interestingly enough, more people have it than there are people with actual general anxiety disorders, so this is probably more like arachnaphobia or acrophobia in terms of common appearance.
As in: everyone at least knows someone who has it.

I've had ups and downs in dealing with phones (I'm a lot better with anything written, simply because I know the rules to that game a lot better than actual human-to-human interaction), but I usually just write out what I'm going to say, make sure I have all the info I could possibly need in front of me and use a note block to write out responses while I'm talking. All this helps me to feel like I'm a little more in control.
Practicing also helps, as in: forcing yourself to pick up the phone, to open the mail... while giving yourself an out. For instance: you can read a pm, and then set it back to 'unread'. Or you can call from an unlisted number, so they can't re-dial if you hang up.

But: you're definitely not alone :)

theruiner
12-27-2011, 06:35 AM
After a few weeks where my gender issues seemed to take a backseat, they're now back with a vengeance. Ugh.

ImTheWiseJanitor
12-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Oh my god. This Ultraviolet digital copy bullshit is INFURIATING. Just gimme my damn movie!

Go to site, put in code, create account, create account, created account, confirm one account, and then constantly get directed to a page describing how awesome Ultraviolet is. Fuck this, I'll just download the damn thing elsewhere.

ad infinitum
12-27-2011, 11:01 AM

You are SO not alone in this. Several years ago I began acting like this by avoiding opening mail, putting off listening to voicemails or avoiding phone calls, etc... in my case I think it was just a general refusal to deal w/responsibilities through avoidance. I don't know, I'm still working on sussing all that out, but it is getting better this year in that I'm generally better about addressing most stuff (still working on voicemails, heh) but yeah, it's pretty maddening sometimes. Like others have noted, the longer you put it off the harder it is to deal with, & you know this but still avoid it anyway, which compounds everythi (in my case). Ugh. It's good to know one is not in alone in this, though simultaneously I hate hearing that. At least the behavior is desisting little by little as I force myself to deal with/confront things, but it's still hard.

Sounds silly, but sometimes if I'm wavering on addressing things I'll crank up Rollins Band's "Do It" http://youtu.be/ad37pR8lrEo & it kicks my ass into gear every time.

poinoup
12-27-2011, 01:08 PM
My hip and knee pain. Can I please go one night with a good sleep without waking up instantly when I move even just a little?

Had an MRI on them, but I don't see the specialist until February...ugh...

aggroculture
12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
People who bounce basketballs in the locker room, on the street, anywhere but the court. Douchebags.

halloween
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
On the topic of general social anxiety- I definitely have that but it's very much under control now. It's funny though when it "flares up" so speak, I can tell by signs such as those you guys spoke of. The moment my phone rings or I see I have an email or voice message, or if a teacher at school is approaching me- I can tell I'm on the anxious side when my first instict is to think "shit what did i do wrong what did i do wrong what did i do wrong?!?!?!" When I'm NOT anxious, I'm usually like "Oh yay an email!". It's always the subtle differences...I've been able so far to turn this super self awareness into a good thing, so that when I notice I get a negative reaction to an email, I can try to take steps to relieve my general anxiety.

I really hate the words "I need to speak to you", if it's not negative I wish people would say something like "Oh hey! I have something to tell you/I have a question for you!" But alas...

Fixer808
12-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I really hate the words "I need to speak to you", if it's not negative I wish people would say something like "Oh hey! I have something to tell you/I have a question for you!" But alas...
I hate that!

heroicraptor
12-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Slipped going between a trailer and the loading dock at work, and banged up my leg. Motherfucker hurts like a bitch.

Fixer808
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Dang :( Lucky the trailer wasn't backing up at the time!

redshoewearer
12-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks Hula Elke and Ad Infinitum and Halloween - you guys put things into words that are how I feel. I think mine is in part to owning/running a business, and every time there's a message I imagine some customer is upset (it is 99% never this) but I imagine the worst, and it spills over into personal interactions... I've actually gotten others to listen to my message for me sometimes! And it does get worse the more you let it go - I'll stay on top of it for a while, and then backslide when something else gets bad (like when my cat died)...

Damn, Dan - I hope you didn't get badly injured like torn cartilage or something.

konstantin
12-28-2011, 07:25 AM
wisdom pics on facebook. ugh.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/406179_2665987967967_1204069893_32612528_214462041 5_n.jpg

Elke
12-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Ugh God, yes, I hate those. My mum and my nieces are spamming the place with that stuff, and it's all so lame and clidhé.

miss k bee
12-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I have social anxiety at work, never been to a works Christmas party the thought of doing so just fills me with dread, it would be the ultimate uncomfortable experience for me.

heroicraptor
12-28-2011, 12:59 PM
My knee. May gross you out. (http://twitter.com/heroicraptor/status/152100382267543554/photo/1)

Pillfred
12-28-2011, 02:08 PM
This fucking year needs to end.

Elke
12-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Actual bitching about my mom, though I know she means well.
My boiler's at it again: this time there's water running from the overflowdrip, so it needs fixing. In order for it to be fixed, I need to contact my landlord, who lives just next to me. However, my anxiety issues have been rearing their ugly heads rather a lot lately, and I just. Can't.
I practiced all night, since I saw that there was a problem, and this morning I tried to go downstairs and I failed. I'm terrified. I tried to explain this to my mum, and I completely broke down and even told her (for the first time) that I had thought of killing myself lately (she doesn't know it was just as bad in May), and she starts saying things like 'It's all in your head' and 'Don't tell yourself to try, tell yourself to do'. I got so pissed off, I hung up on her.
She called me back to let me know she contacted our doctor to maybe draw some blood or give me some vitamin D supplements, and then she said (after being on the phone with me earlier for over fifty minutes), 'I do love you. Does that help?' and I thought HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT THAT'S ALL I WANTED TO HEAR?!
I don't like my mother, sometimes. She has a history of depression and anxiety herself, yet all she ever does in order to help me is tell me to man up, that it's all in my head, that I'm keeping myself down.
And then again, I'm complaining about my mum wanting to help me. Fuck this.

theruiner
12-29-2011, 03:55 AM
Tests of the Emergency Broadcast System give me the creeps. Especially at three in the morning.

sentient02970
12-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't like my mother, sometimes. She has a history of depression and anxiety herself, yet all she ever does in order to help me is tell me to man up, that it's all in my head, that I'm keeping myself down.
And then again, I'm complaining about my mum wanting to help me. Fuck this.
I truly believe there's a whole generation of people out there that dismiss anything related to "mental illness". My parents are the same way. They seem to deny I ever had depression or anxiety issues and question why I ever needed medication. My best advice, ignore them on this issue. They just don't get it, or want to get it. The fact that you see you have a problem with anxiety is huge. It's not a weakness, it's just a problem that needs better management. Personally, I couldn't do that myself, I needed (and still need) bouts of therapy and was on meds for a long time. Don't short yourself on this.
Best of luck with the landlord. Don't worry about practicing the conversation, just let opportunity make it happen (since he/she's a neighbor). I'm betting you'll reach a point with the boiler where you will be able to break through the anxiety and just say something. Give yourself a well-earned break.
Hope that helps.

konstantin
12-29-2011, 09:17 AM
when Pitchfork lists new music under Tracks and you have to click on each to end up on its respective page. Then it turns out it's a track you can only "Stream" by going to an external (non-Pitchfork) page where the track isn't even available anymore. obviously the whole process takes 5 seconds, but it's still annoying.

the duder
12-29-2011, 10:06 AM
My pile of shit car not starting this morning - absolutely NO "whrrrrwhrrrwhrrr" of an attempt. DEAD. That made for a solid 15 minute bike ride to coach swim practice at 5:30 a.m. It wasn't too bad, minus the 20 degree temp, but my car pisses me off.

frankie teardrop
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
giant headaches, and a month long transit/metro card debauchle that my company refuses to deal with properly. all on the first day back from a great holiday...

sublimaze
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow, what you guys were talking about telephone anxiety. I have it big time. Calling my mom or whatever is ok, but calling people I don't know (even some tech support call center) gets me all kinds of anxious. I've put off transferring my former retirement fund into my current one. For three years.

sublimaze
12-29-2011, 07:50 PM
Also, non-handicapped people who take the elevator down one floor, when the stairs are Right There.

aggroculture
12-30-2011, 05:28 AM
I need to take some time off. But I don't have time to take time off. But working and worrying nonstop is making me ill. So I need to take some time off.

Elke
12-30-2011, 06:20 AM
Thanks, sentient02970!

theruiner
12-30-2011, 05:57 PM
I've had the itch to play my Sega Genesis for a couple of weeks now, but I have no idea where it is. Buried somewhere in a box among a TON of boxes covering over half my garage.

Ryan
12-30-2011, 07:51 PM
eBay sellers who don't put an image up with their listing.

Conan The Barbarian
01-01-2012, 05:10 PM
getting out bid on ebay at the very last second. fuckin hate that with a passion

Big Fat Matt
01-01-2012, 08:16 PM
might have busted a rib playing new years day tackle football with the bros. it hurts to breathe

sublimaze
01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Having daymares about my hubby dying.

Jon
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
I often get sinus infections this time of year. When I get them it's not uncommon for my ear to fill up with fluid even if I don't specifically have an ear infection. My ear became completely clogged last night (100% deaf). I decided to take a nap because I was miserable. An hour later I wake up in excruciating pain, tears running down my face, the whole deal.

The pressure became so great it managed to rupture my eardrum. If you've ever had a ruptured eardrum then you know the pain (which is very hard to describe). So now I get to sit around for 10 days with cotton sticking out of my ear... no headphones and DEFINITELY no earbuds.

littlemonkey613
01-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Best friend decides to convince me my crush likes me while trying to hook up with him. Really?! Bitch are we fucking 12? Also I NEVER like anybody. I'm really reserved when it comes to the opposite sex and sex in general. She couldn't give me this one little thing. I'm so disappointed in her and angry that she would treat me this way. Got to admit she's been more of a bitch since she has been addicted to coke. FUCKING BITCH.

M1ke
01-02-2012, 08:58 PM
My boss told me today that he thinks I should have committed punch clock fraud.

Our regional manager was in town a few weeks ago and told us each to take an extra vacation day during boxing week (that's the week between Christmas and New Years for my American friends). So, we did. To have vacation days paid out we're supposed to email a lady in payroll, so I did that.

He talked to me about it today and told me that he interpreted the conversation to mean that I was supposed to punch us each into the system on a day that we didn't work and not tell anyone about it.

I'm pretty sure that would be punch clock fraud.

Halo Infinity
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I really never thought that I'd be one of those people, but I really hate it when doors are left open inside my house. I currently believe that it's a bad habit with a few exceptions here and there. Aside from that, I just find it annoying.

playwithfire
01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I thought I had work at 8am and was planning on going to sleep at the reasonable time of 11pmish accordingly. But then I realized tomorrow was actually scheduled for 4:45 am. Meaning I need to be up by about 1am if I want a couple of hours before I have to get ready for work to relax and not be cranky when I come in (Something I always try to do. I'm not a morning person at all and those hours = me being in a better mood.) I need to leave at 3:30 to be there on time. And it wouldn't be bad if I hadn't totally expected I was going to sleep. I'm going to get like half an hour.

Eos
01-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Let me start by saying that I love my extended family, but GODDAMN do they really piss me off sometimes. Some members of my family have been bugging me since Christmas to sing at a rosary my grandma holds at her house every year for Dia de los Reyes. I always hesitate to give an answer when I get this question (because they've asked me before), but they never let up. I don't do a lot of public singing (as a soloist) because that has always made me profoundly uncomfortable and I feel that I can't do my best if I'm all stressed out. I told my dad two days after Christmas that I didn't want to sing at the rosary, and being the awesome dad that he is, told me that he would not make me do anything I didn't want to do. Today I get a call from my grandma where she basically told me to sing at the rosary (I believe her exact words were, "I want you to sing at my rosary." I know my grandma, that was not a request), gave me the number of a girl that my uncle hired to play music at this rosary and told me to call her to get things organized. I have absolutely no intention of singing at this rosary and I know I'll get guilt tripped by the family, but I don't care. I'd like it if they treated me like an adult for once and stopped trying to make decisions for me regarding what I do with my talents.

theruiner
01-05-2012, 09:43 PM
^^WTF. You're not their God damn robot. Good for you for saying no.

sublimaze
01-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Over the past couple of weeks, two of five people in my division (critical care) have announced they're leaving. Means we're really short on staff and us remainders are going to have to pick up all the work. Now, apparently the boss in the department is bringing in an old-guard senior faculty member to "cover" some of the ICU work. Which makes me sick. The guy's brilliant. Knowledge-wise, I don't think it's a problem. But...he's a prick. Absolutely NO bedside manner. Doesn't really care about any details of patient care, doesn't give support to residents, etc. Honestly, I'd rather be overworked than turn over my patients to this guy.

miss k bee
01-07-2012, 05:38 AM
All the articles on new year diets, fitness workouts, and crap celebrity fitness DVD, because of course before January everyone forgets how to eat healthly or exercise!!

aggroculture
01-07-2012, 05:55 AM
Dandruff. Never had it, came when I gave up meat.

Pillfred
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
My fucking whacked out sleep schedule as of late. I thought being on break from school and some stress I would get some needed rest. I slept pretty good for about a week or so but last couple have seen me rising earlier by the day almost. I don't mind 8-9 but now I'm hitting in the 6 a.m. range. Granted i did go to bed early last night but that doesn't seem to matter really even. I'm sure it will pass but it still sucks.

Aaron
01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Coachella, overall, is shitty. Most years they seduce me with the names of lots of bands I love, and every time I leave with the sense that it wasn't worth all the shit. The heat, the people, the mostly abbreviated performances from all my bands. I would say that festivals in general suck, but I went to Sasquatch last year, and it was amazing. Totally different experience. The people, in general, are so much nicer, and you're in this beautiful location at the best possible time for the weather. Coachella, on the other hand, just makes me mad, living in LA, when so many good bands prevent themselves from playing a worthwhile show in LA because Coachella prohibits it. A band like Radiohead that will likely only tour ONCE through an area when they do tour, makes it virtually guaranteed that, once again, I won't get a chance to see them unless I go to Coachella.

lady weetly
01-10-2012, 06:33 AM
I've gotten a shitload of acne on my face recently and I have no idea why. I've never had any issues with acne, just the occasional zit. I feel like I'm going through puberty but I'm turning 20 in a couple of months. Embarrassing. I haven't changed my diet or can think of any reason other than by body hates me.

Dra508
01-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Coachella, overall, is shitty. Most years they seduce me with the names of lots of bands I love, and every time I leave with the sense that it wasn't worth all the shit. The heat, the people, the mostly abbreviated performances from all my bands. I would say that festivals in general suck, but I went to Sasquatch last year, and it was amazing. Totally different experience. The people, in general, are so much nicer, and you're in this beautiful location at the best possible time for the weather. Coachella, on the other hand, just makes me mad, living in LA, when so many good bands prevent themselves from playing a worthwhile show in LA because Coachella prohibits it. A band like Radiohead that will likely only tour ONCE through an area when they do tour, makes it virtually guaranteed that, once again, I won't get a chance to see them unless I go to Coachella.I'd take the desert heat over the risk of cold and snow any day. While I agree with you that festivals are less than perfect - assholes and short sets, Coachella serves me well - I can't go to concerts every week at arenas or clubs - I just don't have the time, but I can go somewhere for three days straight and get a massive dose of known and unknown bands. Last year, I swore I wasn't coming back unless I got a few more bands that I really want to see - I personally think I got that.

Don't complain about lack of bands in LA. Talk to someone who lives in an area with less than 500K population and listen to a good whine about lack of bands coming through their town.

I've gotten a shitload of acne on my face recently and I have no idea why. I've never had any issues with acne, just the occasional zit. I feel like I'm going through puberty but I'm turning 20 in a couple of months. Embarrassing. I haven't changed my diet or can think of any reason other than by body hates me.My friend just told me she had this same issue - late acne - I'm sorry.

frankie teardrop
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Dandruff. Never had it, came when I gave up meat.

I've gotten a shitload of acne on my face recently and I have no idea why. I've never had any issues with acne, just the occasional zit. I feel like I'm going through puberty but I'm turning 20 in a couple of months. Embarrassing. I haven't changed my diet or can think of any reason other than by body hates me.

similar issues here, except i've developed stress-related eczema just below my eye, which flares up every few months or so. really unpleasant stuff.

Halo Infinity
01-11-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm sure that this could count even though it'll sound like something that might belong in either the fucking or the relationship threads.

When people assume that everybody and anybody that's promiscuous is a player when that's not always the case. Did it not occur to them that swingers exist too? I understand the assumption, I just don't get why swingers are so overlooked sometimes.

dominik
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
fucked up another test although i learned one month for it. i'm already late in my schedule for university, which makes that failure even worse. i personally don't really care if i need one or two semesters longer, since nearly everyone in Software Engineering needs that, but apparently it's common attitude that you need to study as fast as possible or otherwise you suck. meh.

heroicraptor
01-11-2012, 06:21 PM
God damned fucking knee

carpenoctem
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Internet moderators who threaten to ban you because you posted something they didn't like in their thread. (It's not ETS, by the way.) Normally I understand that people on forums are rude and vulgar because they can hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, but I try to treat everyone as if I'm actually talking to them face to face. And I just think it's really irritating when people say nasty stuff that you know they'd never have the guts to say to you in person. UGH

Halo Infinity
01-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Agreed. It's also the worst when you didn't even do anything wrong to start with.

Pillfred
01-12-2012, 10:35 AM
The guy around the corner from my apt.

redshoewearer
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
God damned fucking knee
Have you had anyone see it? Maybe you tore something in it. Will your company pay since it happened on the job?

Icy weather.

miss k bee
01-12-2012, 02:01 PM
twitter trends like #TomorrowIs Friday no shit sherlock!

aggroculture
01-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Disqus. What a shitty, user-unfriendly platform. Ugh.

Fixer808
01-12-2012, 05:58 PM
twitter trends like #TomorrowIs Friday no shit sherlock!
People gotta be reminded, otherwise they might forget to get down.

Eos
01-12-2012, 07:56 PM
People gotta be reminded, otherwise they might forget to get down.
You would reference Rebecca Black. ;)

heroicraptor
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Have you had anyone see it? Maybe you tore something in it. Will your company pay since it happened on the job?

Icy weather.

Oh I definitely went to the doctor about it. Was out of work for like a week and a half. The insurance company is gonna pay some workers comp, but not a lot because of shitty laws in VA.

cashpiles (closed)
01-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Why do women shave all the hair off their vagina zones? Don't you know that it isn't attractive? It completely isn't. That's my personal opinion. Furthermore, I will never marry a woman who shaves all the hair off her zone. Shout outs to women from the Asian continent.

halloween
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Why do women shave all the hair off their vagina zones? Don't you know that it isn't attractive? It completely isn't. That's my personal opinion. Furthermore, I will never marry a woman who shaves all the hair off her zone. Shout outs to women from the Asian continent.

i dont shave ALL of it, (i leave a bit on top) but personally speaking- i LOVE the increased sensitivity, having the labia majora cleanshaven makes it so i can FEEL more and it thus turns me on more =]

having it ALL off can be a bit odd, but i don't think it's "completely" unnattractive- it depends on the person i guess, not every haircut looks good on every person so to speak!

so in the end, like it or don't, i'm doing it for myself!

(is this something that really pisses you off? or did you mean to post in the general questions?)

theruiner
01-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Why do women shave all the hair off their vagina zones?
Oooh! I love The Vagina Zone! Especially the one where the Martians come down and want to take everyone away on their ships. Scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Edit: On topic (but then, who wouldn't want to talk about The Vagina Zone, really)...feeling really depressed today. Got a nice six hour OCD freakout cleaning fest in front of me. I hate having OCD and I hate putting myself into situations that I know I'll later regret. Or, I should say, I hate myself for putting myself into those situations. Can I say the word 'myself' any more?

icklekitty
01-14-2012, 04:01 AM

Calling the vagina a "zone" is completely unattractive too, FYI.

theruiner
01-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Calling the vagina a "zone" is completely unattractive too, FYI.Damn. Now I have to update my OK Cupid profile. Again.

theruiner
01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I got no sleep last night. I napped for maybe two hours total today. I'm exhausted. And asshole in the next room has been playing his game for the last six and a half hours. And in the last half hour has decided to turn on the audio of the other people in the game, and that's really loud for some reason. So now I get to listen to voices booming through the walls, and asshole sandwich over there is too fucking dumb and/or deaf to realize, "Oh, DUH, it gets really loud when I do this...maybe I should turn it down." Never. Never occurs to him. And I ask him to turn it down and he reaches over for the volume knob, but I'm half convinced he just pretends to turn it down to shut me up because it never seems any quieter.

And now I am absolutely in a situation where I cannot move right now. Oh, asshole roommate of doom- why can't you get some sort of a life so I don't have to hear you all the time? Why are you choosing today as the day you go on a freaking eight or ten hour gaming binge AND decide to make sure it's really, really loud? I wouldn't give a crap if I didn't have to hear it.

Aaron
01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
These "shit ____ people say" videos are getting weird, racist, and way too specific. On another note, stay tuned for my hilarious "Shit half-Armenian doctors say to overworked Jewish cab drivers" video!! It's gonna be great!!

halloween
01-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I got no sleep last night. I napped for maybe two hours total today. I'm exhausted. And asshole in the next room has been playing his game for the last six and a half hours. And in the last half hour has decided to turn on the audio of the other people in the game, and that's really loud for some reason. So now I get to listen to voices booming through the walls, and asshole sandwich over there is too fucking dumb and/or deaf to realize, "Oh, DUH, it gets really loud when I do this...maybe I should turn it down." Never. Never occurs to him. And I ask him to turn it down and he reaches over for the volume knob, but I'm half convinced he just pretends to turn it down to shut me up because it never seems any quieter.

And now I am absolutely in a situation where I cannot move right now. Oh, asshole roommate of doom- why can't you get some sort of a life so I don't have to hear you all the time? Why are you choosing today as the day you go on a freaking eight or ten hour gaming binge AND decide to make sure it's really, really loud? I wouldn't give a crap if I didn't have to hear it.

my old room mate used to play video games pretty loud, when i was trying to sleep. I would flat out say "use your headphones". You need to stand your ground and ask for it to be turned WAY THE FUCK DOWN. If he gets pissy, say "it's a game and you have no idea how obnoxious it is for someone who isn't playing the game." In the most calm and matter of fact way.

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS SHIT!

---

So reading world news is really depressing, and reading politics is really depressing- no newsflash there. I go from being super angry and idealistic thinking I should be able to change the world singlehandedly, to becoming completely apathetic to the point where I will only read headlines and won't bother reading whole articles. Then when curiosity gets the best of me (when I'm bored usually) and my apathy simply becomes a hole in my chest, which I can only describe as feeling pretty fucking depressed. All the while accepting that things have always been fucked up in one way or the other, and will continue to do be so in one way or the other for the rest of my life and beyond.

Anyways, in the end, what pisses me off is how I haven't come up with a way to deal with this shit properly, how I let it affect me on such a personal and direct manner. I sometimes feel like I should be doing more to try to do something, but at the same time I know that being the person I am in the position I am, the most I can do is to try being informed- but sometimes just being informed feels so goddamn pointless.

theruiner
01-15-2012, 11:37 PM
I need to move back to God damn So Cal.

Just finished my set at The Largo and brought the surprise drop-in guest onstage: Louis CK. I have a fun job.

Halo Infinity
01-16-2012, 01:29 AM

You'd at least think that he'd be able to invest some money into some headphones or a headset of some sort. It's obviously intentional, and he doesn't seem to care about annoying you out of getting a good night's sleep at all. That's just very screwed of him.

Conan The Barbarian
01-16-2012, 01:59 AM
Getting awaken at 3am ( pretty much right now) to being outbid in the final minutes. It was a push and shove contest, but I put on the David Hester and outbid him.

I overpaid my limit, but goddamn it, that shit was mine.

YUUUUPPPP!!!!