PDA

View Full Version : Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Goldfoot
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
I think you'd actually be cooler if your room WAS next to the ice machine.

If you mean temperature, that's not true. Those machines give off a lot of heat. Also, that means there's more likely to be people walking back and forth past your room.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM
If you mean temperature, that's not true. Those machines give off a lot of heat. Also, that means there's more likely to be people walking back and forth past your room.

Oh I know. It was just a lame joke. :P

I forgot the reason I came here in the first place: If you're gonna invite someone out to eat, it's implied that YOU are paying, unless you say otherwise. That's just rude. Don't invite me to get food with you, then give me that look at the cash register like "So how're we gonna pay, dude?"

aggroculture
06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
it's the buzzing noise that annoys the shit out of me

sentient02970
06-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey birds, I don't mind you camping out on top of my outdoor doorway lamp fixture but could you please refrain from converting my doorstep into your toilet? Thanks!!!

playwithfire
06-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I forgot the reason I came here in the first place: If you're gonna invite someone out to eat, it's implied that YOU are paying, unless you say otherwise. That's just rude. Don't invite me to get food with you, then give me that look at the cash register like "So how're we gonna pay, dude?"

Am I the only person whose never heard this before?

Anyway, fuck having a migraine. I never get the damn things and now there's a pulsing pain on the side of my head and I'm kind of nauseous and I just feel awful and ugh ugh ugh. And, I'm tired of my body not behaving the way it should in other ways, and I'm going to go make those doctor appointments I've been avoiding for like a year now (cysts on ovaries and the like) because part of the reason I've stayed with my lame job (which these days is too much stress/work for too little pay) is because of the great benefits, anyway, and I'm going to stop waiting around to use the damn things. I don't care if they're like "Why didn't you come in?"

theruiner
06-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Am I the only person whose never heard this before?You're not alone. I was perplexed myself. Any time my friends and I go out to dinner it's always assumed we're all paying our own way unless someone states otherwise.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-10-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm talking just one on one. It's different when there's a bunch of people. I just think that if somebody's going to ask me to get food with them, I should at least know if have to pay for myself or not, not necessarily that they HAVE to pay for me or anything. I guess shame on me for assuming. But if I ever ask someone "Hey, you wanna go get Chinese," I'll pay for their stuff. If I'm asking them to stop what they're doing to go eat with me, I feel like I could return the favor and pay for their meal. And if I can't cover them, I'll let 'em know, not just assume that they came prepared to pay for themselves.

I guess that's part of why so many of my activities with friends involve food. :P I generally pay if I invited 'em.

DF118
06-10-2012, 02:58 AM
I guess that's part of why so many of my activities with friends involve food. :P I generally pay if I invited 'em.

I imagine this makes you extremely popular.

icklekitty
06-10-2012, 06:20 AM
Even if it's one-on-one, if a friend asks me out for a meal I'll assume that we go halves. They don't have to bribe me to spend time with them. Sometimes, if I see them often, we'll take it in turns to pay because it's easier, but that's it. Even if it's my *birthday* I don't make that assumption. If someone offers, though, I'll ask them if they're sure once and then let them pay.

If someone's visiting my country/town (Hi, ETS), I'll want buy them a drink, but if they show up expecting that they're still a dick.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Well, it's not like I never bring money if I'm going out to eat with somebody. I don't go to dinner expecting it to be paid for, either. But sometimes if I'm absent-minded (which is totally on me) it's nice to know if I've gotta track down my wallet or not before we drive halfway across town. I know the other person can't possibly know if I'm thinking about my money or not, though. Shame on me for not bringing it just in case anyway, because I usually do.

We generally just take turns paying for whole meals, too. That's how me and most of my friends usually do it instead of splitting it every time because we never really go out anywhere too expensive (we don't really have any places like that in town) and it's just easier to pay with a $10 or a $20 or $50 or whatever, as long as our food's getting paid for.

I imagine this makes you extremely popular.

Haha, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. :P But like I said, it's not like that's how it happens every time. I just never have a problem spending an extra 5 or 10 bucks to cover a friend's food if we're out driving one night or just wanna pick up a pizza or something. It's easier than splitting the cost in half or just paying for our own stuff.

aggroculture
06-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I think it's you pay your own way unless the friend says "let me take you out to dinner." In NYC people sometimes go as far as looking at the cheque and paying exactly what they spent which I think is pretty cheap if we basically got the same things. So what if your entree was $9 and mine was $10? Just go halves ffs.

That said, I recently went out to dinner with a friend for his birthday in a group. I don't mind paying for him for his birthday, but I totally did mind that the guy organizing the bill made me pay towards everyone's expensive drinks when I didn't drink any alcohol: I ended up paying around $100 and that was totally not cool. I should have put up more of a fight but I didn't want to look like a cheap ass with my friend right there.

Hula
06-10-2012, 09:24 AM
I have a friend who always says 'We should go for coffee sometime!' Whenever we do, she always pays because, in her words, she was the one who invited me out. To be honest it always makes me feel weird because I wouldn't be able to do the same for her and I feel like that'd make me a shitty friend—I don't make a whole lot, whereas she's on quite a cushy wage. I dunno, maybe she's just doing it to be nice. It still feels a little wrong and I'm always tempted to stuff a tenner into her pocket.

On the subject, it kind of annoys me when people pay for your dinner and, when you protest, say you can pay next time. It's the 'I can't afford to pay your way next time' situation again; I was friends with a guy a while back who invited me out to a fancy-ish restaurant, paid for both of us in spite of my protests, told me I could get the bill next time and when 'next time' came around he tried to guilt me into paying for fancy-ish dinner again and the movie we were supposed to be going to see (€10 a pop for tickets). He said he was broke but really wanted to hang out with me 'and [I] said [I'd] cover [him] next time, anyway, didn't [I]?'. Hm.

I dunno. I think it'd be easier all-round if there were more transparency on the matter. I'm always wary of inviting certain people out for things because I feel like they'd expect me to pay for both of us, and yet I generally assume I'm going to have to go halves or pick up my own bill when I'm invited out myself. Maybe that makes me sound incredibly tight but the fact of the matter is, I can't afford to pay for other people. I don't mind alternating rounds on a night out if we're getting similarly-priced drinks or whatever but if one person keeps picking up the bill or if one person keeps ordering something more expensive, it just seems like a recipe for butthurt.

Archive_Reports
06-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Shitty sound guys. No reason I should suffer because you don't know what knob/fader does what.

icklekitty
06-10-2012, 09:58 AM
On the subject, it kind of annoys me when people pay for your dinner and, when you protest, say you can pay next time. It's the 'I can't afford to pay your way next time' situation again; I was friends with a guy a while back who invited me out to a fancy-ish restaurant, paid for both of us in spite of my protests, told me I could get the bill next time and when 'next time' came around he tried to guilt me into paying for fancy-ish dinner again and the movie we were supposed to be going to see (€10 a pop for tickets). He said he was broke but really wanted to hang out with me 'and [I] said [I'd] cover [him] next time, anyway, didn't [I]?'. Hm.

This reminds me of a shitty fuckface of a boyfriend I had. We'd go to a restaurant (chain thing, nothing fancy) and he'd order the biggest thing on the menu and we'd end up with a £50 bill. Then when it was "his turn" he'd push for one of those take away pizza meal deal things for £12 and claim it counted. I was on £200 a month at the time and he had two jobs.

Which also reminds me - if you can't afford the place your friends have suggested, pipe up, they will understand. Don't go along with it and order a mixed salad and/or order food and make excuses when the bill comes. Or be the best friend on earth and find a discount offer to somewhere fancy - win-win!

Elke
06-10-2012, 01:19 PM
I have a friend who always says 'We should go for coffee sometime!' Whenever we do, she always pays because, in her words, she was the one who invited me out. To be honest it always makes me feel weird because I wouldn't be able to do the same for her and I feel like that'd make me a shitty friend—I don't make a whole lot, whereas she's on quite a cushy wage. I dunno, maybe she's just doing it to be nice. It still feels a little wrong and I'm always tempted to stuff a tenner into her pocket.

Oh, hey, that's me. And I always say 'Next time you buy me one' and then totally forget all about it :D

Goldfoot
06-10-2012, 01:33 PM
You're not alone. I was perplexed myself. Any time my friends and I go out to dinner it's always assumed we're all paying our own way unless someone states otherwise.

I guess it depends on how you were invited. If someone says to me, "Let's go grab some dinner," then I assume I'm going to pay for myself. If they say they are going to take you to dinner, then I'd assume they are going to pay. I assumed the latter case for Alrea's post. If it's a group of people, I definitely figure everyone is paying for their own food, but one on one situations can be tricky to read.

halloween
06-10-2012, 02:23 PM
life decisions.

heroicraptor
06-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Fucking birds shat on my fucking car.

theruiner
06-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I guess it depends on how you were invited. If someone says to me, "Let's go grab some dinner," then I assume I'm going to pay for myself. If they say they are going to take you to dinner, then I'd assume they are going to pay.Exactly. Even when it's one on one, unless they say, "I'm taking you to dinner," I'm assuming we're going to pay our own way (and that's always the way it happens).

Goldfoot
06-10-2012, 08:40 PM
When people don't want to make plans because they don't know what they might be doing that specific day. THAT'S WHY YOU MAKE FUCKING PLANS!! I ask a friend if he wants to go to the midnight release of TDKR, and when he asks when it is, I tell him July 20. "Jesus man, I don't know what I'll be doing in 5 weeks." People pull this shit all the time, and it doesn't have to be 5 weeks in advance. To me this is saying, "I don't want to set up something with you in case something I would rather do comes up in that time."

playwithfire
06-11-2012, 03:00 AM
When people don't want to make plans because they don't know what they might be doing that specific day. THAT'S WHY YOU MAKE FUCKING PLANS!! I ask a friend if he wants to go to the midnight release of TDKR, and when he asks when it is, I tell him July 20. "Jesus man, I don't know what I'll be doing in 5 weeks." People pull this shit all the time, and it doesn't have to be 5 weeks in advance. To me this is saying, "I don't want to set up something with you in case something I would rather do comes up in that time."

I know that feel. Granted, I have a very irregular schedule, so frequently I don't know if I'm working. But, if it's a big enough deal, I'll write off for it. For people with more regular schedules/no jobs... wut.

Dra508
06-11-2012, 05:38 AM

I dunno. I think it'd be easier all-round if there were more transparency on the matter. I'm always wary of inviting certain people out for things because I feel like they'd expect me to pay for both of us, and yet I generally assume I'm going to have to go halves or pick up my own bill when I'm invited out myself. Maybe that makes me sound incredibly tight but the fact of the matter is, I can't afford to pay for other people. I don't mind alternating rounds on a night out if we're getting similarly-priced drinks or whatever but if one person keeps picking up the bill or if one person keeps ordering something more expensive, it just seems like a recipe for butthurt.

When it's one particular friend you eat out regularly with, I've seen this problem solved by having a card. Whomever has the card, gets treated to the meal. The card is then transferred to the other person who then gets treated to the next time you go out. At transference, the card is marked with date and restaurant just eaten at. It tends to show parity.

My bitch - woke up way too early and can't eat before getting some blood drawn - in 4 hours. :(

slave2thewage
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
My mother. Never. Shuts. Up.

Hula
06-11-2012, 10:02 AM
When it's one particular friend you eat out regularly with, I've seen this problem solved by having a card. Whomever has the card, gets treated to the meal. The card is then transferred to the other person who then gets treated to the next time you go out. At transference, the card is marked with date and restaurant just eaten at. It tends to show parity.
This sounds like a really nice system. I have a feeling some people might see it as a little bit stingy but then those are probably the people who don't realise what a financial burden it can be sometimes. Might have to try this out sometime with my friend! That way I can start making up for all the times she's treated me.

My bitch - woke up way too early and can't eat before getting some blood drawn - in 4 hours. :(
:/

*hugs*

REPLICA
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Staples that get stuck in the stapler and ruin my office professionalism.

mixxy
06-11-2012, 07:53 PM
I was searching for a parking spot at the grocery store today, following a huge white pickup truck. I saw the truck turn into one and happily realized there was one right beside it and prepared to follow him. BUT NO. He had to park like an absolute asshole and take up both stalls. I sat there signalling for a moment, hoping he'd get the hint and straighten out, but of course, that was futile. I was so effing mad! I hate people who park crooked - what the hell is wrong with you that you can't park your fucking car straight?! If you can't figure out how to drive a huge truck, maybe don't fucking buy one.

Fixer808
06-11-2012, 07:57 PM
I was searching for a parking spot at the grocery store today, following a huge white pickup truck. I saw the truck turn into one and happily realized there was one right beside it and prepared to follow him. BUT NO. He had to park like an absolute asshole and take up both stalls. I sat there signalling for a moment, hoping he'd get the hint and straighten out, but of course, that was futile. I was so effing mad! I hate people who park crooked - what the hell is wrong with you that you can't park your fucking car straight?! If you can't figure out how to drive a huge truck, maybe don't fucking buy one.
This is the right forum to bitch about this kind of thing, but now there's something you can do about it!
http://youparklikeanasshole.com/
Most needed site of the last 10 years.

mixxy
06-11-2012, 08:00 PM
This is the right forum to bitch about this kind of thing, but now there's something you can do about it!
http://youparklikeanasshole.com/
Most needed site of the last 10 years.

I am familiar with that website, but have never had the cojones to actually leave a "notice." But honestly, I think of it every single time I see someone parked like an asshole. I think this incident pissed me off so much more than usual because it was live-action assholery.

Jinsai
06-12-2012, 12:55 AM
So the Kings won the Stanley Cup. I'm from LA, and I think it's nifty, but the degree to which everyone I've been talking to has been faking their hockey love is annoying the shit out of me. I know you people, so I know you didn't give a fuck about hockey until a week or so ago, so just drop the act already.

And really, if I see one more facebook post saying "this is a great day in history" I'm going to lose it. The Berlin Wall didn't just come down, the Los Angeles team for a sport you don't honestly care about won the series. That's not a fucking "great day in history."

Dra508
06-12-2012, 08:18 AM
I'll never fault bandwagon fans relative to ice hockey. They desperately need to market better and getting a warm weather team to win The Cup will only do good for ice hockey as a whole. I'm a fan of anyone playing hockey not just NHL..

The brother in law who is updating his facebook status every minute during the game. That's annoying. I wanted to tell him to get on Twitter....

Hula
06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
The white trash brats living on my estate keep 'accidentally' hitting the football against our door/window. They do this every single time they play and no matter how many times we go out to them they keep doing it. Apparently it's too much to ask for them to move their goals since their goalie is apparently so fucking useless he fails to catch the ball nine times out of ten.

GAH.

Sometimes I just want to march over to them with a knife, pick up that ball and slash it.

Goldfoot
06-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll never fault bandwagon fans relative to ice hockey. They desperately need to market better and getting a warm weather team to win The Cup will only do good for ice hockey as a whole. I'm a fan of anyone playing hockey not just NHL..

I know what you mean, but I can see Jinsai's side of it as well. Around here it's not really that people are "fair weather" fans of hockey, it's just that everyone knows that the Red Wings are going to be in the playoffs, so they don't really pay attention until then. It's just as irritating, but I do agree that anything that will bring attention to hockey is a good thing.

DF118
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Restless Leg Syndrome is seriously fucking up my sleep patters. I get it in my arms rather than legs. I'm twitchy during the day, it's a nightmare trying to fall asleep, and I keep being woken by the feeling that my muscles are trying to crawl out my skin.

Dra508
06-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Waking up at 4am and never going back to sleep. I'll be really productive until about 2pm when I will hit a wall - I'm getting in a nap today dam it!

Fixer808
06-13-2012, 12:42 PM
The white trash brats living on my estate keep 'accidentally' hitting the football against our door/window. They do this every single time they play and no matter how many times we go out to them they keep doing it. Apparently it's too much to ask for them to move their goals since their goalie is apparently so fucking useless he fails to catch the ball nine times out of ten.

GAH.

Sometimes I just want to march over to them with a knife, pick up that ball and slash it.
I totally went "Old Man" on some kids at work recently! I had my gear set up on the field and had marked out an area with cones that was verboten to enter. Third time the little bastard kicked his soccer ball into my area I grabbed it. "NOPE! It's mine now, you can have it back after recess."

The dismayed look on his face made me wonder why I haven't been doing this ALWAYS.

Hula
06-14-2012, 02:52 AM
Being a bitter old man is my favourite thing :')

Pissing me off: having plans at the weekend and mysteriously getting sick just in time to miss them. I haven't been sick in MONTHS (a record for me). I don't think I've even been around sick people in the past while. No bueno.

Jinsai
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
my neighbors are having a party for their kids, and they are blasting THE shittiest music of all time so loud my walls are vibrating. Seriously, they just played "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" for the third time.

If this goes on one minute past ten o'clock, I'm blasting VSnares' "Winnipeg is a Frozen Shithole" as loud as my speakers can go... and my speakers can get really loud.

theruiner
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I, personally, would like an update on this situation if/when you counterattack.

Jinsai
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
I, personally, would like an update on this situation if/when you counterattack.

The sound of 50 (?) little girls squeeling along to Don't Stop Believing is currently assaulting me, and now they've hooked up a mic to accompany it.

EDIT: Moves Like Jagger for the 4th time.

EDIT: The DJ is now saying "girls, look at all the boys on the dance floor" while he plays some song where the words are "I'm sexy and I know it, yo I work out, girl look at that body." Oh yeah, and he just an hour ago made a speech congratulating them for graduating from the 6th grade.

Now he's playing Flo Rida's "Low"

This is fucking sick.

theruiner
06-14-2012, 11:54 PM
The sound of 50 (?) little girls squeeling along to Don't Stop Believing is currently assaulting me, and now they've hooked up a mic to accompany it.Out of everything you've described, this is the worst.

Goldfoot
06-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Hey Jinsai, we need another SitRep.

Fixer808
06-15-2012, 02:03 PM
^^Napalm. I would have cranked Rammstein's "Pussy" and put it on repeat.

Goldfoot
06-15-2012, 04:17 PM
This dick at McDonalds gets food, then proceeds to, out of an abundance of open spots, park next to me and eat in his running truck. Granted, I'm just sitting here in my car, killing time for an hour, but his fucking truck is running and its exhaust is aimed directly at my car. It's plenty cool inside if he wanted A/C, where he wouldn't be polluting and fucking up my calm.

Jinsai
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
^^Napalm. I would have cranked Rammstein's "Pussy" and put it on repeat.

It's too bad they held to their word and cut the sound shortly after ten. I was all set up to blast "DIE DIE DIE FUCKERS DIE" by Venetian Snares, while I fantasized about someone over there saying "what is this shit he's playing?" and pulling out their iPhone to Shazam it.

Fixer808
06-15-2012, 05:46 PM
I would have payed big money to see their aghast reactions.

orestes
06-15-2012, 06:21 PM
This dick at McDonalds gets food, then proceeds to, out of an abundance of open spots, park next to me and eat in his running truck. Granted, I'm just sitting here in my car, killing time for an hour, but his fucking truck is running and its exhaust is aimed directly at my car. It's plenty cool inside if he wanted A/C, where he wouldn't be polluting and fucking up my calm.

People who order food and then eat it in their parked vehicles outside the eatery are just weird and anti-social.

Fixer808
06-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I dunno, have you SEEN some of the people in Burger King?

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-16-2012, 03:47 AM
People who order food and then eat it in their parked vehicles outside the eatery are just weird and anti-social.

I felt so stupid the other day when I was apartment hunting. I got Chipotle for lunch. On my way in, I walked past 3 girls sitting at a table outside the restaurant, one of which was a gooorgeous redhead who smiled and said hi. (Of course, I said hi and smiled back). I went in, got my food....and completely thinking about my next appointment, I walked past them again, smiled, got in my car, drove away, and sat in front of the next apartment complex, eating my food by myself and waiting for my appointment to start.

As soon as I realized what I did, I felt completely weird and anti-social. :P I could've spared the 20 minutes!

Also, to the girl on Facebook who said "I'm gonna go to bed! Night," you know that I can still see you commenting on things and updating your status in my mini-feed, right? Facebook is the devil.

Jinsai
06-17-2012, 03:45 AM
it really pisses me off that HBO is making a documentary about Chris Crocker. Who GIVES A FUCK!?!?!?!?! Fuck you HBO. Get Game of Thrones back on the air, and I'll keep sending you money, but fuck you for this stupidity.

/subscription

Thaned
06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
You know, it really shits me when my parents discuss with family friends my embarrassing fuckups with my girlfriend. Not really the kind of stuff I like to be reminded off...

Dra508
06-17-2012, 10:14 AM
You know, it really shits me when my parents discuss with family friends my embarrassing fuckups with my girlfriend. Not really the kind of stuff I like to be reminded off...Dude, this is why you do not tell parents anything!

Thaned
06-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Dude, this is why you do not tell parents anything!

Oh trust, I won't be making that mistake again. Unfortunately in this case they were there to witness it first hand.

It's a long story but basically just a few days after we decided to be "boyfriend and girlfriend" (which is a story in itself) I invited her to my 18th birthday party. I spent hardly any time with her, apparently. I was just getting caught up in conversations and she knew none of my friends so she didn't really seem to get involved in conversations and would rather just chill with the few people she did know (plus she wasn't 18 so she couldn't drink). So I spent most of my time with my other friends and generally having a good time, only to get a talking to by my dad in the middle of my party about how I'm not spending enough time with her. It's not like I was snubbing her or actively avoiding her or anything, I was just being my usual awkward and stupid self and I still hate myself for being so stupid in the first month or so of our relationship. That first month was pretty ridiculous but it's turned out really well now so it worked out for the best

So yeah, I try to not think about that and just move on. Doesn't help when I get reminded about it by my parents though when I just want to forget about it...

DF118
06-17-2012, 07:32 PM
"Language professors hate him."

REPLICA
06-18-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't like how some people I know say "yeah, let's hang out sometime." And every time I try to set something up with them a week or two in advance, they say that they can't get time off. I'm not asking for a whole night out on the town or anything... I would just like to spend an hour or even thirty minutes with them, just to catch up.

Perhaps I'm being too critical. But it's been going on since I left school for the summer at the beginning of May.

millionmilesaway
06-19-2012, 07:15 AM
apartment hunting sucks, i cant afford to live alone and everything cheap turns out to have some lonely 50 year old man as a roommate. no thank you!

Jinsai
06-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Is it just me, or is this Jim Gaffigan guy not very funny? When I have a hard time getting to sleep, I put on stand up comedy and it relaxes me... Its a thing where i identify, get the joke, my fun sensors in my brain go off, and then i sleep... This is making me want to rip someone's head off. Maybe I caught the wrong special, but this guy sucks so much it hurts. So far this shit is upsetting me the way Larry the cable guy does, and that's unexpected considering the recommendations.

AgentofChaos
06-19-2012, 10:00 AM

Well I can't exactly argue with your assessment, but personally I usually do this when I am listening to some good talk radio. It's much more pleasing to listen to than a bunch of screaming kids in the background. I eat my lunch at work in the car, too. Again, not so much to get away from people, it's just a quiet spot where I can do what I want in peace.

nemesiswontdie
06-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Is it just me, or is this Jim Gaffigan guy not very funny? When I have a hard time getting to sleep, I put on stand up comedy and it relaxes me... Its a thing where i identify, get the joke, my fun sensors in my brain go off, and then i sleep... This is making me want to rip someone's head off. Maybe I caught the wrong special, but this guy sucks so much it hurts. So far this shit is upsetting me the way Larry the cable guy does, and that's unexpected considering the recommendations.

Eh, I think he's alright. I wouldn't pay $50 to see him live like people do with Daniel Tosh and such, but I think he's alright at best. I don't think he's anywhere near the shit that Larry the Cable Guy spews out of his stupid fucking mouth, but he's not that great either.

Frozen Beach
06-19-2012, 07:48 PM
I seriously think my street is a magnet for weird people. I just saw a man walking down the street rapping horribly out loud while swinging his arms like a mad man.

Oh, and last week, a guy drove by my house twice. The second pass, he stopped his vehicle in the middle of the road and preceded to stare me down, then he drove off.

Beef of the Sea
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
You sure you're not this guy?

http://nleakey.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/broken-flowers-3.jpg

Hula
06-20-2012, 02:33 AM
People who can't seem to own up to their mistakes, however small. If someone's training you and they point out something you could have done differently, it's not the end of the world! If you're constantly saying it was 'just this one time' that you did something the wrong way because you 'always' do it the right way, you don't look like someone who knows their stuff—you look like someone we're not going to be able to count on to step up when you've genuinely fucked up.

aggroculture
06-20-2012, 04:57 AM
The schizophrenic weather in the UK. One minute I'm shivering and sneezing, the next I'm sweltering.

Thaned
06-21-2012, 03:47 AM
My girlfriend's friends always ruining her nights at parties/drinking and the previous owners of my car not writing down the pin code for my audio system. Fuuuuuckinghell.

theruiner
06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
My dumbass cousin. Jesus Christ. First, she's constantly talking about being drunk on FB. Which is probably ok, except what gives me reservations is that she has two little kids. But, ok. Maybe she's drinking responsibly (maybe).

Then, she's repeatedly gone on FB and told her friends where the drunk driving checkpoints are, so they don't get caught. Now she's officially a douchebag.

Then tonight I saw that she posted a status about how she was in the car with her kids and her dog jumped out of the car and she had to take her "drunk ass" (her words) out of the car and get the dog and put him back in the car. Doesn't mean she was driving, but considering what an idiot she is otherwise, and the fact that she's perfectly ok with people drinking and driving, it kind of makes me wonder.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-22-2012, 01:59 AM
My dumbass cousin. Jesus Christ. First, she's constantly talking about being drunk on FB. Which is probably ok, except what gives me reservations is that she has two little kids. But, ok. Maybe she's drinking responsibly (maybe).

Then tonight I saw that she posted a status about how she was in the car with her kids and her dog jumped out of the car and she had to take her "drunk ass" (her words) out of the car and get the dog and put him back in the car. Doesn't mean she was driving, but considering what an idiot she is otherwise, and the fact that she's perfectly ok with people drinking and driving, it kind of makes me wonder.

My friend's mom is kinda the same way. In the 5 or 6 years I've known her, she's aaaalways been about getting out and getting drunk on a near nightly basis, often leaving her two youngest girls (Now I think 8 and 9) at home, alone, in a not-so-secure part of town. Even when my friend was 16 and 17, she would leave her there to babysit while she went out and got plastered and hung out with friends as IHOP. She's SO irresponsible, in fact, the my friend just found out that her mom had been taking out loans and buying digital cable subscriptions in my friend's name when she was younger, leaving all the bills unpaid for years. So now that my friend is an adult, married, and has a kid of her own, she's having trouble because her mom used her name for loans and bills, leaving her with a near-crippling amount of debt from unpaid bills.

This lady even had my ex girlfriend come over to her house about 6 months ago so she could give her a monroe piercing. Then chickened out because she was too nervous, and needed her to come back the next day after she "prepared herself" for it. She's in her late 30s.

Then, she's repeatedly gone on FB and told her friends where the drunk driving checkpoints are, so they don't get caught. Now she's officially a douchebag.

I HATE this - and when people post about speed traps in town. If you're so worried about being pulled over, don't drive, or don't speed. It's worse when the same people say things like "Fuck tha po-lice, they're all corrupt and they'll always find reasons to pull you over or arrest you!" It's not the cop's fault if YOU break the law. Besides, speeding in town really doesn't help you get anywhere more than maaaybe a minute earlier, so why even bother?

Elke
06-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I hate that too. Every morning it's 'There's speed control at point X on road Y, so moderate your speed' on the news. Fuck it; just always moderate your speed. And if you can't drive like a responsible adult and stuck to the rules, don't drive.

Torgo
06-22-2012, 06:49 PM
You know how bride's maid dresses are always ugly...? Yeah...

I just really don't want to stand up in front of a gazillion people in this thing.

Fixer808
06-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't worry, weddings have booze. It'll be on the floor of the coat-check room soon enough.

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-23-2012, 01:48 AM
My friend deleted her Facebook a few days ago. While we were texting earlier, I said I'd post pictures of my new apartment on Facebook so she could see it, and she said "I don't have Facebook."

She JUST re-activated her Facebook 10 minutes ago, and as a joke, I commented " 'I don't have Facebook' - You, an hour and a half ago.' " Just as a joke. She deleted the comment, and texted me, "Don't make comments like that on my pictures, please. It makes me look like an idiot."

Wait...What? I can't even BEGIN to understand how that makes any sense.

Elke
06-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Because she feels incredibly embarassed at having deleted and then quickly re-made her account, and felt your comment made her look like an idiot because she feels like an idiot?

ImTheWiseJanitor
06-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I get that. But I don't get why she was so rude about it. She knows she deleted her Facebook. Everyone she talks to knows she deleted her Facebook. People change their minds on things all the time. It's human. Changing your mind about whether to keep Facebook or not is....a REALLY insignificant life choice. I was only pointing out the irony of the situation, thinking she would say something like "Yeah, well! Things have changed in an hour!" She could have handled the joke better, instead of just jumping to the conclusion that I (one of her best friends, according to her) was actively trying to embarrass her. She could have communicated how she felt better than just deleting the thing, texting me, and saying "Okay. Good." when I apologized, then just ceasing communication.

Like I said, I apologized. I'm not so far up myself that I can't acknowledge when I've done wrong by someone else, and I am sorry that I made her feel embarrassed. But that doesn't mean I can't think it was a really shallow reason to get so short with me.

Beef of the Sea
06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Tell her to harden the fuck up.

REPLICA
06-23-2012, 03:55 PM
The price of gasoline. And the prices of re-issue vinyl, some can be a little expensive.

EDIT: I would post again to this tread just to get my post count up but I better not... Anyway, touch screen phones are assholes sometimes... My old phone used to freeze up, I'd turn it off and after a long time of powering up it would freeze again. Or if would get stuck on a random letter during a text message and enter the letter in numerous times. ...Plus a co-worker is having trouble with her phone too.

Elke
06-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, well, people who are embarrassed by their own stupidity tend to not act very rationally. Just tell her she's an idiot, and she should get over it.

theruiner
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Louis C.K. tickets just went on sale, and I have no money. $41 and they have sixth row tickets available (why did I even look?) Well...second year in a row that I'm missing him. Maybe Christmas 2013 (which is the next time he'll be in town, if the trend continues).

In the meantime, any Louis fans might want to go to his website right now before all the tickets are gone (I'm guessing all the other dates are probably on sale, too).

Edit:

My doctor's office fucking SUCKS. Most incompetent bunch of wankers I've ever encountered.

So, over the course of the last four years that I've been at this office (I only stayed out of habit and because it was easier, but I'm definitely finding a new doctor now), there have been about...oh, maybe four or five times that I needed the doctor (or someone from the office) to call me back on something. Usually an issue with a medication or needing a refill or whatever. I don't believe they've ever called me back, in spite of telling me they would. Ever. Not once.

So last Thursday, my pharmacy faxes them a request for a refill since I'm out. I know they want me to go in for a visit, but it's kind of hard when I'm completely broke and have no insurance at the moment. So I'm hoping (and I told the pharmacy) maybe I can get just one month's worth, so I can then go in next month (when I'll hopefully have the money together for a visit). Two days go by, I'm almost out of my meds, and I call the pharmacy- oh, they said they won't refill over the phone, they need you to come in.

So I call the office Saturday and go, hey, listen, I'm broke, I have no insurance, I cannot afford a visit right now. Can you just give me a one month refill and I'll come in in a month? Well, they said, they're not sure, but they'll have someone call me. That was Saturday. Once again, they never called back.

Monday (today) rolls around. I call again. I'm being as nice as I can, even though I'm fuming. I am completely out of my medication, which I need (diabetics tends to need their meds, it turns out). The guy says, no problem, we'll have the doctor call you later today. I say, hey, you guys never called me back Saturday. This has happened four or five times in the last four years. You never ever call me back. I appreciate what you're saying, and I know it's not your fault, but you could understand why I'm a bit nervous, right? Because I'm completely out of meds here and I was told THREE DAYS AGO that someone would call me and then never did, so I'm up shit creek without a paddle if you guys don't call. He says don't worry, someone will call you back tonight, for sure, I will hand the note to the doctor personally.

Ok. The office closed almost an hour ago, the pharmacy closes in a little over an hour and...no phone call. It's almost eight at night. I get the feeling they're going to drop the ball again.

Worst case scenario, I'm going to have to go back to the pharmacy and ask for one more pill to tide me through tonight (they were already kind enough to give me a few, which I went through very quickly) and then tomorrow I'm going to have to suck it up and go to the stupid office and just get a damn appointment (I hope they can bill me later) because their incompetent asses can't seem to get it together at all. And then, once I have my meds firmly in hand, I'm going to call back and talk to an office manager (for all the good it will do). And then I'm finding another doctor A.S.A.P. Worthless shitheads.

Hula
06-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Missed a package yesterday because I was working 10 'til 6. Given that the depot is about 30 minutes' walk from wherever the nearest bus drops you, I decided I'd order a redelivery—only their website is so antiquated that it timed out and I'm pretty sure I got charged twice for the redelivery fee. Fuckers.

Dra508
06-26-2012, 04:47 PM
I have big customer presentation on Thursday morning and needed to synch up with one of the other presenters so we are recommending the same hardware change for our two products. It'll be a good story if we can say, hey you have to swap out all your hardware because it's older then my first iphone. We can sell you the same set of servers for the two apps and you can put them in the same cabinet. Wooo - efficiency (or so I was told by the product manager of the application I'm responsible for). I instant message my co-worker and ask if he has any time today to synch up for a few minutes. He replies "sure my outlook calendar is up to date." "Great" I say, expecting that I'll find something later in the day. No - he's booked all day. all day. I IM him, " hey dude, you are blocked off all day." He replies "I'm available right now" WHAT THE FUCK. So I make an outlook appointment for that moment and send it to that fucker putting the conference bridge number as "CALL ME".

Needless to say, when I get on the phone with him, I say right away that that was pretty passive aggressive. Trust me on this one, he was not playing a prank. So, we go on to talk about this hardware story and he says that is not what he is planning on presenting. There are all these other configurations that the customer could go for. Oh oh, the one that makes the most sense isn't the one you will agree to suggest? We're sales engineers ! that's what we do! Nope. So, I forced him to say outloud that the product manager I consulted was wrong. I said fine, during my presentation you sit in a corner with a sock in your mouth and I won't talk during your presentation. Then I turned around and IM'd that product manager and said "Randy says you are wrong". Fucker wastes my time and fucks with me. I've dealt with this guy before and he's got this southern charm that you know he is stabbing you in the back. Several years ago when we worked in the same group he was at this very customer at a meeting and felt it was a good idea to call me and tell me the customer doesn't like me. Wait, the customer doesn't even know me, never met me. Thanks for the support bro.

Have any of ya'll dealt with that passive aggressive southern way? I'm tired of it and just go straight at him, which I'm sure he would turn to one of his kin folk and say "oh those Northerns, so uptight."

GAH

sentient02970
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Nothing like putting the "teabagger" in Teamwork. I don't know about southerners but there sure are some good ole northern boys up here that work the same schtick here. I think you handled him well short of a good throttling and earning a restraining order.

Elke
06-27-2012, 08:36 AM
A coworker reacted to my suggestion to let a girl who has bad grades and is a real pain in the ass pass to the next year because she does have the intellectual capacity to pass, she made some progress in the last trimester and she conquered a very heavy suicidal depression (which I informed them about in December, but they somehow all managed to forget) with 'She has to learn that life is tough'.
I ran out of the meeting crying. I suck, but they suck more.

fillow
06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Workaholics.

Especially the one that's my direct higher-up at work. I'm glad that you're busting your ass 10-11 hours per day like it's nothing, I ain't gonna do the same just to please you.

Mantra
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
A coworker reacted to my suggestion to let a girl who has bad grades and is a real pain in the ass pass to the next year because she does have the intellectual capacity to pass, she made some progress in the last trimester and she conquered a very heavy suicidal depression (which I informed them about in December, but they somehow all managed to forget) with 'She has to learn that life is tough'.
I ran out of the meeting crying. I suck, but they suck more.

Yeah, I fucking hate shit like that. "She has to learn that life is tough"...as if she doesn't already know.

Elke
06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Exactly. I think at 15, life's probably been tougher for her than for some of her twentysomething and thirtysomething teachers.

REPLICA
06-27-2012, 07:14 PM
....the phone here at work. IT KEEPS RINGING... Each time I answer, I hope for a meaningful conversation with someone who know's what a motel is supposed to do... I have only had one person in the past 3 hours who was direct and understood what they wanted and what I could provide.

Frozen Beach
06-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I really hate that I cannot write in an abstract manner. Everything comes out so linear, so straightforward. It's annoying because I prefer abstract thinking.

Fixer808
06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
....the phone here at work. IT KEEPS RINGING... Each time I answer, I hope for a meaningful conversation with someone who know's what a motel is supposed to do... I have only had one person in the past 3 hours who was direct and understood what they wanted and what I could provide.
"Do you repair fuel-injectors?"

Fixer808
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
This doesn't so much piss me of as much as it confuses me, but why the HELL did I wake up at 3:30am with Neil Young's "Powderfinger" in my head, and why is it still there?! I haven't even listened to that song in probably 5 years! The radio wasn't on or anything!

imail724
06-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Bought a brand new Tenacious D shirt at the show last night... got bleach on it today. Fuck.

redshoewearer
06-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Have any of ya'll dealt with that passive aggressive southern way? I'm tired of it and just go straight at him, which I'm sure he would turn to one of his kin folk and say "oh those Northerns, so uptight."

GAH

I have a passive aggressive instructor (dance fitness classes) who teaches for me. Not Southern, and I AM Southern originally, but her passive aggressiveness is very irritating. I'll ask her if she can cover a class, and she'll either not respond for several days, or will say something terse like 'can't. jason (her husband) has golf' in all lower case. She has no sense of how to write proper sentences in a professional setting. Her lack of response is unprofessional IMO.

My annoyance is that I just found out, that someone I really dislike has been invited by someone who didn't have the authority to do so, to a going-away dinner that I organized for one of my instructors who is moving. It is bad enough to have to go out to dinner, but to now have to have this person along makes it even worse.

jessamineny
06-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Just keep reminding yourself what the night is about -- everybody showing appreciation and love for your instructor, and the more the merrier for her/him.

Thaned
07-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Jesus christ why do they make pianos so heavy?

theruiner
07-01-2012, 02:59 AM
Late last year I was helping a buddy move a piano down his neighbor's stairs. There were four or five of us, and about halfway down, at the landing that separated the two sections of stairs, we realized that we couldn't maneuver the damn thing around to get it down the second half of the stairs, so we had to turn around and take it back up, right back to the exact same place it started. That fucker was heavy. I was waiting for it to slip and fall on one of us.

Edit: Oh, shit. I've had floaters in my eyes since forever (seriously, years and years) and I know they're usually benign. But tonight I actually have- twice- seen something I've never seen before- tiny little balls of light. They look exactly light floaters except, well, they're lights. Like seeing one or two little stars in my field of vision.

So I Google it (bad idea) and it seems like this could be an emergency and your retina could be detaching. Jesus. Maybe it's nothing. I have to be really careful, because I don't have insurance right now (or ANY MONEY) so I don't want to overreact and rush to a doctor and get stuck with a bill I can't afford if it's unnecessary. On the other hand, it could be something serious. It's never happened before, which makes me really nervous. If it continues, I'm going to an eye doctor. Fuck.

A retinal detachment is an urgent problem that requires medical attention within 24 hours of the first symptoms.Fuck.

Scratch eye doctor (it's the weekend). I might end up going to the E.R. tomorrow. Fuck fuck fuck.

Edit #2: Ok, this is kind of weird. I was reading an article over at The A.V. Club when it happened, and I literally had just gotten to this line when I saw it, stopped and Googled symptoms. "Barry Zuckerkorn sports an eyepatch during one scene of 'Queen For A Day.'" Irony FTW.

Nyx
07-01-2012, 03:51 AM
They look exactly light floaters except, well, they're lights. Like seeing one or two little stars in my field of vision.In that case, it's probably not retinal detachment. If it was a sudden increase in floaters and flashes of light, then maybe. But you're not describing flashes of light, you're describing floating little stars. They are usually the result of sudden changes in the eye pressure (like standing up/sitting down, coughing, etc). This happens to me on occasion and it really looks like tiny stars doing a little dance and then disappearing.
But of course, it's better to be safe than sorry, so have it checked out if you're worried.

theruiner
07-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Thank you for the info! Yeah, I did read specifically little spots of light (I think they even described it as 'stars' on the website I was on, too) were a symptom but after reading your post I checked the Mayo Clinic's website and Web MD and they're both saying 'flashes of light,' not what I was describing.

I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow. I won't hesitate to go to the doctor if I think it could be that, but at this point I'm a little less worried than I was.

theruiner
07-01-2012, 10:11 PM
I took a drink of water just now before realizing there was a bug floating in it.

DF118
07-01-2012, 11:47 PM
I took a drink of water just now before realizing there was a bug floating in it.

You're having a really lousy day eh.

aggroculture
07-04-2012, 03:53 AM
People who use FB to brag.

Fixer808
07-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Yeah, that's what twitter is for.

marodi
07-04-2012, 08:04 PM
"yesterday night"

I wrote that atrocity last night in the Pictures of your pet thread. When I did that, I had slept about four hours in the last 48.

I love you, insomnia!

THE JOHNNY ROOK
07-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Thank you for the info! Yeah, I did read specifically little spots of light (I think they even described it as 'stars' on the website I was on, too) were a symptom but after reading your post I checked the Mayo Clinic's website and Web MD and they're both saying 'flashes of light,' not what I was describing.

I'm going to see how it goes tomorrow. I won't hesitate to go to the doctor if I think it could be that, but at this point I'm a little less worried than I was.

Was reading this and I have the same problem, I first noticed it about 8-9 years ago. I see little floating lights, then I have to blink my eyelids a couple times and they are gone. Did you ever end up going to the doctor?

theruiner
07-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Ugh. I had the misfortune of stumbling onto an annoying conversation on another message board, including a few people who staunchly believe that once one gets married, they are never, ever to get a divorce and that if you do that there's something wrong with you and you should be severely punished and, my favorite (and I'm paraphrasing here), "Well, I'm a hopeless romantic and my girlfriend and I are going to be together 4evr and when we get married it'll be for the rest of our lives because we're going to make it work!" Yes. Except most people- especially young, inexperienced people (though not all young people are inexperienced, obviously, nor does being older mean the opposite, necessarily)- get into marriages swearing up and down that they'll be together forever "and ever and ever and EVER because I love my wife/husband and they're the most perfect OMG LOVE" except that half of those marriages end in divorce.

Jesus. Look, do what makes you happy, but don't sacrifice realism for idealism. People grow apart. It happens. Sometimes people don't and end up married for 50 years. But it seemed like these people were so completely hopelessly romantic that they had lost all sense of the way real life actually works and, worst of all, they were judging other people who didn't live up to their (oftentimes) impossible standard. Things are more complex than "I'm in love and we'll make it work." Maybe you will. Or maybe you won't. But you don't fucking know because you've never been, so instead of deciding that you're the best because YOU are going to be married forever and anyone whose marriage doesn't last is somehow an asshole, maybe take a step back, take off the rose-colored glasses and realize that life is way more complex than that, and getting a divorce doesn't make you a bad person.

Of course, I think this all goes back to societal brainwashing and this idea that there's only one kind of life and that's getting married and spitting out babies and everyone who's married will stay that way until death do you part and there's a lid for every pot and blah blah blah. I know I sound bitter, but it's really just irritating that so many people don't acknowledge that life isn't a fairy tale and things don't always work out the way you plan, and don't judge other people because they don't live out their lives EXACTLY as you do.

/rant

Edit: And, by the way, that's not a knock on people who get married and have kids. Good for you, if that's what makes you happy, that's awesome. I just get annoyed when people judge others because they're not living EXACTLY the way they're "supposed" to. I'm also annoyed by people who think they can predict the future and know with one hundred percent certainty that they'll still be happily married in 50 years. You can't know that. No one can. You can STRIVE for that, you can work toward that, and there's a good chance it will happen. But no one- no one- on this planet knows for sure. Not a single person. Life doesn't work like that. There are plenty of people who did "all the right things" and it still didn't work out. I guess that's what really annoyed me.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Ya know, I looove doing things with my family, and our vacation's going great so far, but...There are deeefinitely reasons why I prefer going on trips by myself, or with 2-3 other people, as opposed to 8...Maybe someday in the future I'll come back myself!

Also, I feel like the only person in Washington D.C. who will smile at strangers or just in public. Not a creepy smile or a big stupid wave, just a casual smile. I know that they might just be being careful or cautious or annoyed with "tourists" or something, but I'm definitely not the kind of guy who looks shady or "tourist-y." Smiling back isn't gonna kill ya or anything, ya know?

At least a lot of the cute girls smile back! I'll take it. :D

fillow
07-08-2012, 03:36 AM
It's so fucking hot right now. Any accidental movement and I'm sweating like a pig.
It's 31C (88F).

Elke
07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Our government is planning to deport an Afghan man who's lived in Belgium for four years, because his proof that his asylum request as a political refugee was valid, arrived too late. If you're on Facebook, you can read about it and - if you want to - support him and his family here (https://www.facebook.com/elke.ve.1#!/People4Parwais).
It just pisses me off that a well integrated young man who has absolutely nothing to go back to but people who've already killed his family gets deported, while we're brining in Chinese and Indian IT'ers and Polish nurses because there aren't enough Belgians willing or able to do those jobs.

REPLICA
07-08-2012, 05:13 PM
A tourist walks into the hotel with his wife and the first thing out of his mouth is... "How?" (with hand raised in the air like a stereotypical Indian would). ....WTF? I looked at my assitant manager while the guy was walking to the desk and said "Really???" ... I had to go to the back office and laugh.

Shnoorum
07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
I work in a supermarket and I have to say, customer service is infuriating. Alot of the public are incredibly ignorant and rude. I always say hello and generally be really polite and the amount of people who can't even manage a simple greeting is astounding. I end up sticking all their items through the till and (almost always) packing their bags and I'm lucky if I get so much as a hello. Theres a self service machine at the shop and I say if you're going to be an ungrateful prick you should do us all a favour and go do all the work yourself.

Anyone else here dead inside from working in customer service?

Thaned
07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm too tired to go to work. Ugh, it's gonna be one of these days isn't it...

marodi
07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
I have labyrinthitis. In both ears.

My life is awesome like that.

Fixer808
07-09-2012, 08:22 PM

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/labyrinth-david-bowie.jpg

Fixer808
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Double post because I fled the library right after this happened yesterday:
So I'm sitting at an internet computer and this kid comes over; gangly Chinese kid, maybe 15. So first off, he goes to the station next to me (these computers are on a high counter, you gotta stand while using them), then leans over, staring at my monitor. I give him a glare and he backs off. I pay him no mind, he looks like he's "special needs".
All of a sudden, and FORCEFULLY, it sounds like he's explosively shitting his pants, then he starts giggling quietly and saying "Who farted? Who farted?".

I held my breath, logged out and booked it. Parents, if your child is special needs, keep it under supervision.

REPLICA
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
.....Fixer's story.....

.......okay......

EDIT: I couldn't think of anything to write until now... I hope his parents found him rather quickly and took him straight home.

Frozen Beach
07-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Looking through my dad's record collection, I found a copy of New Order's album Brotherhood. I was excited to listen to it, but then, when I opened the sleeve, it wasn't in there. What was in there was the most horrific thing I could ever find. What was in there was: Gary Glitter.

Mantra
07-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Looking through my dad's record collection, I found a copy of New Order's album Brotherhood. I was excited to listen to it, but then, when I opened the sleeve, it wasn't in there. What was in there was the most horrific thing I could ever find. What was in there was: Gary Glitter.
How funny would it be if your dad set that whole thing up as a prank?

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
People who are older than me and treat the English language like a rented mule.

On a related note, people who say shit like "I don't have time to think about everything before I type it! Life's too short!" And you think I'm sitting over here making outlines and rough drafts of everything I post on...Facebook? Fuck off and read a book or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8

blassster
07-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Part 1 -
I bought a copy of TDTWWA on Vinyl from Amazon's third party sellers, and ensured it was "new" from the seller. It arrived today, clearly used and with some scratches. The entry from amazon from that seller is now gone and I hate going through the complaint and refund process.

Part 2 (a big thing that pisses me off) -

Do you get vertigo/dizziness? I can partially relate if so, I've had vertigo/dizziness problems for 9 years, and was slowly getting better with pre-January being its best. Then in January something happened and I'm "reset" back to where I was 9 years ago and I can't drive, walk for longer than 10 minutes or play video games again (was eventually able to after a couple of years). I'm not fit to live alone right now so I'm living with my dad. All these years and the doctors don't know what's causing it. The symptoms of Labyrinthitis sound really close to my problems. The last movie I saw in the theatre was American Wedding as I'm sensitive to visual stuff. Living like this is a bitch... and that movie sucked.

Jinsai
07-12-2012, 05:00 AM
just got a call on the land line... it was around 2:30 am. The person acted like they were a police officer, and told me that someone who listed me as an emergency contact has been seriously injured and incarcerated. They listed off a bunch of numbers that I wrote down, and then told me to hit "flash" on my phone and then enter in a number. I said "wait, this sounds like bullshit." Suddenly this guy started calling me a "fucking bitch" and threatened me.

I'm so pissed off right now, I don't even know what to do, but I want to explore SOME way to do something about this.

Is there anyone out there who's even heard about this scam?

Dra508
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
just got a call on the land line... it was around 2:30 am. The person acted like they were a police officer, and told me that someone who listed me as an emergency contact has been seriously injured and incarcerated. They listed off a bunch of numbers that I wrote down, and then told me to hit "flash" on my phone and then enter in a number. I said "wait, this sounds like bullshit." Suddenly this guy started calling me a "fucking bitch" and threatened me.

I'm so pissed off right now, I don't even know what to do, but I want to explore SOME way to do something about this.

Is there anyone out there who's even heard about this scam?It's old school social engineering to get you to give them your dial tone to make calls, international calls.

I thought that shit went the way of the trimline phone and automated attendants.

gini
07-14-2012, 03:51 AM
Myself and my mother when it comes to talking about my future and her future.
I blame it on my laziness and lack of motivation when it comes to deciding what my next step in my life will be. My mother can easily remember the negative from past and present but easily forgets the positive from past and present.
I should try to plan my next move i.e. new job, finding a place to live, finally learning to be independent. Embarrassing enough I am 29 and when it comes to arguments with my mother, my emotions and point of view are that of a 12 year old.

Frozen Beach
07-14-2012, 08:52 PM
So a friend of mine seemed down today, and when I tried to show concern, they straight up told me that they didn't want to talk about it, and that they were honestly tired of talking to me. Wow. That may be honest, but that doesn't make it any less rude and selfish. I really don't know why I bother giving a shit about other people.

marodi
07-15-2012, 02:00 PM
Part 2 (a big thing that pisses me off) -

Do you get vertigo/dizziness? I can partially relate if so, I've had vertigo/dizziness problems for 9 years, and was slowly getting better with pre-January being its best. Then in January something happened and I'm "reset" back to where I was 9 years ago and I can't drive, walk for longer than 10 minutes or play video games again (was eventually able to after a couple of years). I'm not fit to live alone right now so I'm living with my dad. All these years and the doctors don't know what's causing it. The symptoms of Labyrinthitis sound really close to my problems. The last movie I saw in the theatre was American Wedding as I'm sensitive to visual stuff. Living like this is a bitch... and that movie sucked.

First, sorry about the late reply...

And yes, I get vertigo/dizziness BIG TIME. Last Wednesday and Thursday, I could not get up more than an hour at a time at best and I had to hold on to the walls while walking around my place. The dizziness was so bad that I kept throwing up. The last couple of days have been better though. Moving my eyes also get me dizzy. I also have a small case of tinnitus but it's not bothering me; it's more like white noise than anything else. And I do have a bit of hearing loss in the left ear.

However, there is something else that might be affecting you: have you ever been checked for an accoustic neuroma (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_neuroma)? The symptoms are similar to those of labyrinthitis. It may be another thing to investigate.

The very best of luck to you and I sincerely hope you'll feel better soon; it's really no way to live!

And what's pissing me off right now:

THE GODDAMN HEAT WAVE. I HATE YOU, HEAT; SO FUCKING MUCH!

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-15-2012, 06:57 PM
"If you have haters, that just means you're doing something right."

Yeah. Child molesters and rapists and serial murderers get a lot of hate, so they must be on the right track.

REPLICA
07-15-2012, 07:27 PM
This whole day, here at the hotel, we have had so many guests complain about things...

One guest came in telling us that she would never stay here again and the only reason why she was here was because the casino comp'd her a room. She tells us that the last time she was here her keys wouldn't work and she had to wait two hours before she could get in her room.

So.... She checks in...

About twenty minutes ago she comes back and asks for our community transit. The transit doesn't run on Sundays though... So she gets pissed and tells my coworker that her husband had left her here and she was supposed to ride the shuttle over. She said that she now has to wait here until he gets back and that my coworker needs to get her information straight. To top it all off she tells my coworker that she ruined her whole day.

ImTheWiseJanitor
07-16-2012, 04:11 AM
This whole day, here at the hotel, we have had so many guests complain about things...

One guest came in telling us that she would never stay here again and the only reason why she was here was because the casino comp'd her a room. She tells us that the last time she was here her keys wouldn't work and she had to wait two hours before she could get in her room.

So.... She checks in...

About twenty minutes ago she comes back and asks for our community transit. The transit doesn't run on Sundays though... So she gets pissed and tells my coworker that her husband had left her here and she was supposed to ride the shuttle over. She said that she now has to wait here until he gets back and that my coworker needs to get her information straight. To top it all off she tells my coworker that she ruined her whole day.

Jesus...I feel you there. I guess nobody told her it's always a good idea to see operating hours of shuttles, or any form of transportation, before you make plans depending on them. She's an adult, she can call the front desk and ask. The only person she can get mad at for that is herself.

Thaned
07-16-2012, 04:59 AM
Spent all day driving (which I enjoy, but it's just draining and now I have nothing to do now that I'm finished), listening to loud music and carting people from shops to airports and I just feel like ass. Getting asked for shit by friends and I'm just not in the mood to organise anything. Still waiting for my girlfriend to get back to me about meeting up now that we're both back from our trips.

Just generally tired, annoyed at everything and disliking myself. And I have to go back to being sober on a regular basis, as well as breaking a pretty strong habit.

May as well just try to start exercising and make my life completely frustrating and annoying.

Dra508
07-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Spent all day driving (which I enjoy, but it's just draining and now I have nothing to do now that I'm finished), listening to loud music and carting people from shops to airports and I just feel like ass. Getting asked for shit by friends and I'm just not in the mood to organise anything. Still waiting for my girlfriend to get back to me about meeting up now that we're both back from our trips.

Just generally tired, annoyed at everything and disliking myself. And I have to go back to being sober on a regular basis, as well as breaking a pretty strong habit.

May as well just try to start exercising and make my life completely frustrating and annoying.actually, I think exercising makes you feel better, not worse. Dropping the drink helps too.

I find I am completely unproductive when I drink. I've got so much going on that my work is spilling into my evening and if I pour a glass of wine, nothing gets done. No drinking until I get these 3 presentations written dam it!

Hula
07-16-2012, 11:21 AM
Going to see an awesome band for your friend's birthday: cool.

Going to see an awesome band for your friend's birthday and knowing somebody whom you utterly despise will be there: not so cool.

I don't know how he succeeded in worming his way so thoroughly into my life, but there we go. I'm dreading seeing him so much I'm just tempted to not show up, even though it'll make me seem like a bitch for not being there. Oh well. I'm sick of being walked all over for the sake of keeping everyone else happy.

theruiner
07-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Let's see...

1. Getting into a huge argument with my dad.
2. Have to be up in less than six hours and I can't sleep.
3. Depression
4. Sucky things

Edit: And tinnitus. Fucking tinnitus. I've had it for awhile, but I don't think I fully acknowledged it until now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe it's temporary, but I doubt it. It's probably due to years of me stupidly listening to loud music without giving it a second thought. I wish I could go back in time and smack my younger self in the the head and tell him to knock it off.

Thaned
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
actually, I think exercising makes you feel better, not worse. Dropping the drink helps too.

I find I am completely unproductive when I drink. I've got so much going on that my work is spilling into my evening and if I pour a glass of wine, nothing gets done. No drinking until I get these 3 presentations written dam it!

Yeah, I hate exercising because I'm lazy but once I've actually done it I know it's worthwhile. I just need to build up a routine, but I'm not having much success there... Oh and I totally agree with you about the drinking thing. I ended up having a big conversation with my girlfriend about drugs, drinking, etc and it just solidified this idea that I don't want to be all fucked up and trashed for a while. I had a bit of an epiphany about it all when I was away and I'm hoping I can stick with what I learned.

But lets see how that holds out once uni starts.

Jinsai
07-22-2012, 02:37 AM
trying to get promoters and club runners to listen to the goddamn music you make.

I would love to have your job.

sick among the pure
07-22-2012, 02:44 AM
People who think spawn trapping is "part of the game" in a FPS. :mad:

icklekitty
07-22-2012, 06:06 AM
Being bored with your current job but not finding a single thing worth applying for out there. This is somehow worse than applying and getting rejected.

slave2thewage
07-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Fuck you, insomnia.

Magtig
07-27-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm having one of those days where I feel like nothing will work out. It's not that that pisses me off so much as my tendency to take every little setback so seriously. In my head I know that I've actually done quite well in the last three years overall, but my emotional reaction to even the slightest (mostly professional) rejection defaults to 'nothing really matters, it's all worthless.' Piss off mind hobgoblins!!!

EDIT:
And another thing, I FUCKING HATE ORANGE COUNTY.

Thaned
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Rather than tell my girlfriend that the show she was in was amazing, I said that it was alright and that there were some parts it could've been better in, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. I feel like I should've just lied to make her happy. I just piss myself off sometimes.

Magtig
07-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Rather than tell my girlfriend that the show she was in was amazing, I said that it was alright and that there were some parts it could've been better in, it wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. I feel like I should've just lied to make her happy. I just piss myself off sometimes.
Why? An honest critique is how people improve, and that can't happen if you're blowing sunshine up their ass. If that person gets discouraged and stops doing shows it just means that that wasn't their path anyway.

Thaned
07-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Why? An honest critique is how people improve, and that can't happen if you're blowing sunshine up their ass. If that person gets discouraged and stops doing shows it just means that that wasn't their path anyway.

True. Plus she was part of the chorus and as far as I know didn't help write the show or anything like that. The show is the annual play put on by the graduating class of my old high school, I did it last year and our show was kinda crappy. But I'd rather be honest with her and I think she took it the wrong way. Anyways I dunno if it actually bothered her as much as I thought last night, I just wish I handled it better because I have this tendency to be remarkably un-suave with her sometimes and it really bothers me.

Oh another thing that bothers me is waking up grumpy and sad (I really just don't feel like getting out of bed), it's gonna be one of those Sundays it seems...

Sutekh
07-28-2012, 06:27 PM
"If you have haters, that just means you're doing something right."

Yeah. Child molesters and rapists and serial murderers get a lot of hate, so they must be on the right track.

The "haters" thing is just a way for immature uncritical thinkers to justify their rejection of criticism

"haters gonna hate" = "all criticism is arbitrary and inevitable and not worth paying mind to"

shitty attitude that will keep a person languishing in stunted, adolescent arrogance

see also - "all opinions are worthy/valid", general OTT embrace of relativism. People have grown to really hate accepting the fact that there is usually a higher authority. I'm not an authoritarian but if one proceeds through life on the assumption that one has nothing to learn from anyone... one is fucked!

Highly Psychological
07-28-2012, 07:50 PM
The London Olympics fucking piss me off. For some reason Olympic Tourists piss me off. London seemed really lame today. Overrun by this Olympic atmosphere which i have managed to avoid until now. Its fucking everywhere. You simply can not avoid it, i have no choice but to be subjected to it.
Its too god damn crowded, There must have been about 20 Million fucking people in the city today. too much!!
A fucking sports event, totally drilled into everyone. You must pay attention to the Olympics, and be proud of your country.
How can you be proud of your country when the opening ceremony your country produces pays homage to Mary fucking Poppins.
The amount of dull middle England spectators, Middle American Middle whatever nation type of people i have been in contact with today! Urgh.
Its hard to explain, London has always seemed quite edgy, dark and cultural and for some reason this whole Olympics thing made the city today seem totally LAME. I dont know why. Just a vibe.
You cannot travel around the city without something to do with the Olympics in your face!!
20.000 people on one tube train is not a nice experience. URGH. Just get it over with.

Beef of the Sea
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh another thing that bothers me is waking up grumpy and sad (I really just don't feel like getting out of bed), it's gonna be one of those Sundays it seems...

My house-mate interrupted my Sunday hangover sleep-in, by opening and closing every fucking cupboard in the kitchen in a rapid succession.
So I can completely relate to this at the moment.

icklekitty
07-29-2012, 11:09 AM
The London Olympics fucking piss me off. For some reason Olympic Tourists piss me off. London seemed really lame today. Overrun by this Olympic atmosphere which i have managed to avoid until now. Its fucking everywhere. You simply can not avoid it, i have no choice but to be subjected to it.
Its too god damn crowded, There must have been about 20 Million fucking people in the city today. too much!!
A fucking sports event, totally drilled into everyone. You must pay attention to the Olympics, and be proud of your country.
How can you be proud of your country when the opening ceremony your country produces pays homage to Mary fucking Poppins.
The amount of dull middle England spectators, Middle American Middle whatever nation type of people i have been in contact with today! Urgh.
Its hard to explain, London has always seemed quite edgy, dark and cultural and for some reason this whole Olympics thing made the city today seem totally LAME. I dont know why. Just a vibe.
You cannot travel around the city without something to do with the Olympics in your face!!
20.000 people on one tube train is not a nice experience. URGH. Just get it over with.

London's been really nice and quiet this weekend because everyone's in Stratford and I turn to acid when I move any further east than Old Street.

Dra508
07-29-2012, 05:20 PM
20.000 people on one tube train is not a nice experience. URGH. Just get it over with.Time to just stay in for a week or two. It's like when I was a kid and the Thanksgiving Day parade in New York attracted everyone into the city. I'd go see the balloons getting blown up the night before and then stay the hell out of the streets the next day.

Highly Psychological
07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
London's been really nice and quiet this weekend because everyone's in Stratford and I turn to acid when I move any further east than Old Street.

Im in East London so its fucking crazy. It was less busy today. Only two more weeks!! thank god.

Beef of the Sea
07-29-2012, 07:52 PM
So I found a new band that I like (Sweet), and I go to purchase a few of their albums, but they're only for sale through iTunes in Australia (Shit).
Not only that, the price is roughly 60% more here - just because I'm in Australia (Completely fucked).
So after chewing the fat for a while I bought the albums anyway, but only 6 out of the 24 tracks will play on my iPod, the rest will play the first ~45 seconds before jumping to the next track(Also fucked).

Has anyone else had this same kind of problem before?

Sutekh
07-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Im in East London so its fucking crazy. It was less busy today. Only two more weeks!! thank god.

In North London there's a couple of banners & the streets look suspiciously clean but that's about it. I find the world cup more annoying than the olympics, every pub gets sabotaged by flatscreens cranked up to 11 (I can ignore the usual sky news on mute - why is it always sky and never bbc?), also all the toads pretending they give a shit about football & all the bored looking football widows peeling the labels off their drinks with that resigned look

icklekitty
07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
I missed out on company tonight because I was too busy buying ice cream to pick up the phone.

marodi
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Stupid hot flashes! Old age is no fun.

Frozen Beach
07-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Anyone else get those strong urges to cuddle with someone, yet you don't know anyone that would want to? It sucks.

Fixer808
07-30-2012, 06:53 PM
So I found a new band that I like (Sweet), and I go to purchase a few of their albums, but they're only for sale through iTunes in Australia (Shit).
Not only that, the price is roughly 60% more here - just because I'm in Australia (Completely fucked).
So after chewing the fat for a while I bought the albums anyway, but only 6 out of the 24 tracks will play on my iPod, the rest will play the first ~45 seconds before jumping to the next track(Also fucked).

Has anyone else had this same kind of problem before?
BALLROOM BLITZ! Also, I don't think I've heard of that happening before, at least not on that scale. Certainly the files could be corrupted, but that many from just one band?

Jinsai
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
BALLROOM BLITZ! Also, I don't think I've heard of that happening before, at least not on that scale. Certainly the files could be corrupted, but that many from just one band?

yeah, that's weird... email Apple or call customer service.

Goldfoot
07-31-2012, 07:51 AM
I missed out on company tonight because I was too busy buying ice cream to pick up the phone.

You couldn't call back?

millionmilesaway
07-31-2012, 05:48 PM
I hope this is the last damn apartment I have to look at... I cannot stand living with my current roommate for another month. I need to get out now before I see another toilet filled with her period juices because she likes to conserve water by not flushing!

theruiner
07-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Well, while I don't have that particular problem, I can sympathize with having an awful roommate.

It looks like, fingers crossed, I might be able to get out of here in the next couple of months. In the meantime, I'm still putting up with said roommate's shit. I'm actually leaving for a few hours tonight because tonight is one of his twice weekly "runs" on World of Warcraft, and, because he's an asshole, he CRANKS his speakers as loud as they will go so he can hear the other people talking on their headsets. Because putting on headphones and/or using a headset yourself is just stupid. No, what you do is play the audio through your speakers, crank them as loud as they will go, and blast out the person in the next room. Because that's what a polite person does.

Pillfred
07-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Campus Connection you overblown piece of unhelpful and assbackwards piece of shit, i just want to go back to the classes page not reload, wait, go back to the page again, then finally be able to simply go back the last page i viewed. I should get a credit for solving the riddle of actually finding and registering for classes. That and i looks like i have another two years left of school and living here (which isn't' too bad but i don't like feeling stuck...) Looks like my ten year college track will end up being more like 12! Remember kids stay in school, or stay the hell out. Either way don't follow my lead, not that anyone with any amount of common sense probably would anyhow but FUUUUUCK!

icklekitty
08-01-2012, 05:22 AM
You couldn't call back?

I called back, but he was on the train home by then. Oh my burning loins! (Which got satiated another way but that is for another thread)

RocketScience
08-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Emotional blackmail.

Fixer808
08-01-2012, 06:21 PM
You take that back or I'll cry.

Frozen Beach
08-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I fucking hate my parents. Today, I thought I had a Therapist appointment. Nope. They lied. It was an appointment with a psychiatrist, and they prescribed me Fluoxetine(Prozac) and Valproic Acid. Firstly, I do not appreciate being lied to, and secondly, I told my parents I wanted to try therapy first ,and that I feel medication should be a last resort. My parents are a brick wall when it comes to this. They keep pressuring me to take the pills, yet I've told them my stance. I haven't even tried therapy, yet they are quick to get me all medicated. This is such a sick joke.

Hula
08-02-2012, 10:38 AM
CUSTOMERS: Stop hovering at the elbow of the person being served in front of you. Your turn will come, and it will not come any quicker if you breathe down this stranger's neck. If anything, I'm more likely to take extra long saying goodbye to them before I get to you because you're so goddamn rude.

REPLICA
08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
There is a guest here at the hotel who doesn't know how to use her computer. She was asking for the internet password but then she said she didn't know where her main menu (start menu) is for her Dell. Plus she doesn't know where network connections are and she didn't know where My Computer is. I don't know if it's just me (I haven't looked at a Windows computer aside from work) but isn't My Computer usually on the desktop and is it not true that some Windows machines have the little wifi indicator at the top right hand screen?

Anyway... I figure in this day and age it should be pretty easy for someone to figure out their computers (and other electronic devices.)

EDIT: So... Another guest came in to the lobby and didn't know how to use the ATM, it is pretty straight forward.

Fixer808
08-02-2012, 03:30 PM
I've seen some people who for whatever reason don't have My Computer on their desktop (why not?!), but even then it's more than easy enough to just go right click-explore to find your files. Seriously, we're WELL into the 21st century, there are no excuses left for not knowing the basics of working a computer.

waffel
08-05-2012, 12:23 PM
You know what I love to see when I open up facebook? Aborted fetuses. It just tickles me that you feel the need to preach your views in such a graphic way, without any consideration of other people eating their breakfast. A simple post would do or, hell even a link to the picture, all it would look like is a little red square in the thumbtab. I blocked said person's updates to spare myself, but this whole "get people to side with you through shock value" is getting kinda old.

Jinsai
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
You know what I love to see when I open up facebook? Aborted fetuses. It just tickles me that you feel the need to preach your views in such a graphic way, without any consideration of other people eating their breakfast. A simple post would do or, hell even a link to the picture, all it would look like is a little red square in the thumbtab. I blocked said person's updates to spare myself, but this whole "get people to side with you through shock value" is getting kinda old.

a fundamentalist friend of mine has posted aborted fetus pics on my feed before, along with some self righteous caption like "I know it's difficult, but it's time to face the truth!" It's really annoying, and it's hard not to respond with something insulting that I'd probably later regret. Easier just to ignore them.

anyways... I'm getting a little fed up with how hard it is to explain how to mix my band's sound live. Sometimes when I listen to the recording it seems like the sound guy is messing with me. I'll say "mix the vocals low, and blast the electronic feed." So, on stage, in my monitors, the electronic feed is blaring, almost too loud, and I can't hear my vocals at all. So here I am, singing and not hearing a note, but hey, that's more or less what I asked for, so ok.
I listen to the recording, and the vocals are by far the loudest instrument, and the electronics are barely in the mix... the vocals are so loud that sometimes they drown out everything else... and of course this isn't exactly the best vocal performance because I couldn't hear myself at all most of the time.

Even if I hadn't requested the exact opposite, I don't get how someone could think that sounded right.

theruiner
08-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Insomnia. FUUUUUCK. I went to bed at 9, it's now almost midnight and I've slept a total of about 30 minutes. I have to be up in four hours.

Well, at least I start a new job tomorrow. And at least I have an hour drive. At least there's that.

REPLICA
08-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Car trouble... plus when I ripped a little hole in my pants leg when I was being all "master mechanic" about it before work today.

EDIT: Classes start in two weeks and I dont feel like I have had a very good summer. I enjoy the people I work with but I just wanted to be able to go out with my friends and party and not wake up till 2pm at least once.

EDIT version 8/7/12: So... Two customers (kind of sketchy) walked in to our lobby today and asked the price of a room. I tell them our price is $95 plus tax. The laugh about it and ask what tomorrow's rate is, I tell them it is the same. The lady askes if she can look at a room, so I make her a key and hold her drivers lisence until she gets back.

10 minutes later....... My co-worker askes about the drivers lisence on the counter, I tell her that those people are checking out a room. Then I realise that it has been a long time, it doesn't take that long to see a room. So my co-worker goes to check it out. She finds the "guests" using the bathroom and their kids jumping on the beds. WTF? She tells them that they have to take the room now that it has been used, they say that they haven't even decided on taking it yet. They get back to the front desk and act like nothing happened and knowing they messed up our room, I charged them a fee for extra people (they had 5 people in the room, rates are based on 2 people - most hotels are like that.) They say they are never staying her again and leave the lobby. I could have just charged them and told them to leave but I didn't.

Harry Seaward
08-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh, what's that? You don't have a Facebook? Man, you're some cool fucking rebel who walks to the beat of his own drum. I sure wish I could be like you. Everyone who uses social-networking is some corporate sheep, right? Seriously, I wish these people 'addicted' to the internet could just see the world like you see it and open their eyes! You're so cool man, I hope you mention the fact that you don't have a Facebook every time you open your mouth.

ImTheWiseJanitor
08-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Oh, what's that? You don't have a Facebook? Man, you're some cool fucking rebel who walks to the beat of his own drum. I sure wish I could be like you. Everyone who uses social-networking is some corporate sheep, right? Seriously, I wish these people 'addicted' to the internet could just see the world like you see it and open their eyes! You're so cool man, I hope you mention the fact that you don't have a Facebook every time you open your mouth.

I had class with a dude like this. FUCK, any time someone was on Facebook killing time between assignments, he was just jabbering about how it was such a waste of time and how Facebook was stealing all of our information for big fat cat corporations and the CIA. "Oh no! They know my email address and that I like 'Bitch Please, I'm Spiderman!'" I don't like Facebook any more than the next guy, I guess, but it's not evil.

Anyway, what happened to video game developers just getting it right the first time? There's no reason that Uncharted 3 should be on its thirteenth - THIRTEENTH - update. Make the shit you wanna have in the game, and have it ready to go when it's released. Even releasing additional content as individual DLC at the time of release makes more sense than adding a new map every month and fixing any little problem, which should've been fixed before the release date anyway, in the process. Take some of that effort and put it toward a new game or something. Sometimes I wish things stayed they way they were, when games would be made, released, and then the next game would bed made, and released. Not made, released, fixed, fixed, fixed, get ultimately pointless new content, fixed, fixed, given a new character, and fixed again.

miss k bee
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Went to Facebook to find someone hijacked one of the group pages I belong to with horrible pictures of mutilated corpses from supposed Muslim genocide. People are fucking sick, the pictures and topics had nothing to do with the group. The pictures were graphic, feel sick. How can Facebook allow such graphic images yet ban any kind of nudity.

Jinsai
08-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Went to Facebook to find someone hijacked one of the group pages I belong to with horrible pictures of mutilated corpses from supposed Muslim genocide. People are fucking sick, the pictures and topics had nothing to do with the group. The pictures were graphic, feel sick. How can Facebook allow such graphic images yet ban any kind of nudity.

I don't think Facebook condones stuff like that. At the very least, if you can stomach opening the post again, you can click "report" on it. The danger in doing that though is that it could result in trouble for the group. One of my favorite Facebook pages that I follow was recently suspended because someone unrelated to the group posted a Man Ray nude photo on their wall. Never mind that Man Ray's work hardly could be construed to be pornography, it was just a random person who felt like contributing.

miss k bee
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes I have reported all of the images they were sickening.

Pillfred
08-08-2012, 09:39 PM
I fucking hate my parents. Today, I thought I had a Therapist appointment. Nope. They lied. It was an appointment with a psychiatrist, and they prescribed me Fluoxetine(Prozac) and Valproic Acid. Firstly, I do not appreciate being lied to, and secondly, I told my parents I wanted to try therapy first ,and that I feel medication should be a last resort. My parents are a brick wall when it comes to this. They keep pressuring me to take the pills, yet I've told them my stance. I haven't even tried therapy, yet they are quick to get me all medicated. This is such a sick joke.

Tell them you'll take the meds if they do. That is pretty fucked though.

So these two dudes i work with at the restaurant, total of 4 of us the other is a new guy but he seems to be falling in with this shit as well. For however long they both try to out cunt the other my not doing shit that pisses the other guy off. In the mean time I'm just trying to come in and work, I'm told for these fucking 3rd grade bullshit games. This little piggy won't prep anything, this little piggy won't stock anything, this little piggy won't clean anything, but both these fucks are here all fucking day picking their asses. So i get to come and either stock the entire fucking line or run the risk of running out of shit in the middle of service. Say for instance we run out of pizza dough they will literally walk back into the cooler grab a dough ball and leave the entire tray back there instead of just grabbing the whole fucking thing. And tonight dude baked out potatoes for maybe 10 minutes, so when i when to heat them up in the oven they are barley fucking cooked. ITS CALLED BAKING PUT IT THE OVEN AND SET A FUCKING TIMER!!!! Maybe it'll be two jobs quit this month.

Harry Seaward
08-09-2012, 08:44 PM
If you film your cell-phone videos in a vertical orientation, I'm not saying I would push you in front of a speeding bus, but I might look the other way if you slipped.

sublimaze
08-12-2012, 07:19 PM
It's going to cost $500 to fix our trees. If one wasn't half dead, I wouldn't bother.

Dra508
08-13-2012, 07:25 AM
I fucking hate my parents. Today, I thought I had a Therapist appointment. Nope. They lied. It was an appointment with a psychiatrist, and they prescribed me Fluoxetine(Prozac) and Valproic Acid. Firstly, I do not appreciate being lied to, and secondly, I told my parents I wanted to try therapy first ,and that I feel medication should be a last resort. My parents are a brick wall when it comes to this. They keep pressuring me to take the pills, yet I've told them my stance. I haven't even tried therapy, yet they are quick to get me all medicated. This is such a sick joke.Did you tell either of the professionals that you don't want to take them? Do you know your parents reasoning as to why they want you on meds? Have you done anything recently to scare the crap out of them?

aggroculture
08-14-2012, 09:54 AM
How dare the online check-in website for American Airlines be so damned dysfunctional? No option for UK citizen with US visa: just great.

sukey
08-15-2012, 04:15 PM
I'm moving to France for a year next month and it's proving very difficult to find somewhere to live, which is stressing me out in a massive way. It's making me not look forward to it at all. BLARGH.

Frozen Beach
08-15-2012, 10:33 PM
"friends" who talk shit about you on facebook and act like you can't see/read it. Then when you call to confront about it, they ignore you. Fucking coward piece of shit.

Elke
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Someone telling me that's it's okay and actually quite normal to question someone's sexual identity when they claim to be bisexual or pansexual or "whatever", and then turning on me literally five minutes later when I say I don't believe that there's such a thing as a sexual identity, just the sum of someone's sexual preferences. Even going as far as calling me a homophobe.
FUCK YOU, YOU IGNORANT CUNT.
It's conversations like that that make me glad I'm not actually a part of the glbt community*. It must be such fun living in a box.

* I know not everyone in the community has the same opinions, but as a community I see many glbt platforms parrot / promote the same ideas, and it's frustrating.

Leman Russ
08-16-2012, 11:31 AM
If I hold the door open for your fat, lazy ass to walk through ahead of me, and you don't say that you, I want to push you face first into the next solid glass door we have to walk through.

frankie teardrop
08-16-2012, 11:48 AM
...as an offshoot of that, i can't stand the elevator etiquette/chivalry around this place. i am all for holding the door open for ladies and gents alike when appropriate, and offer up seats for old/pregnant people like it's no question. but if an elevator is packed, a girl is in the back corner, just get off the damn elevator in a logical fashion and don't shuffle around annoyingly to let her through first. it is hell of awkward and defeats the purpose of being nice to your fellow man.

jessamineny
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
When my cell phone service texts me to remind me I'm about to be charged for my monthly service, the message is full of insipid text-speak: Ur service will b renewed & ur credit card charged on ur end date.

You're a fucking corporation. Speak English.

Leman Russ
08-16-2012, 02:22 PM
I used to get nonsense texts from Verizon *constantly* when I was with them. They were never anything important about my bill or service, but just bullshit "hey come buy some other shitty phone" ads. I replied "FUCK OFF" to every one. One day, they stopped. I'd like to think someone at Verizon saw all my hard work and put a stop to the texts.

DF118
08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Unreliable recruiters.

If someone insists on calling me at 8.45 in the morning to shoe horn me into a face to face interview that afternoon, they don't have the right to take the hump if I can't make it because of a doctors appointment. Even if I didn't, they're still calling me at 8.45 in the morning to get me to commit to an interview at 2pm. Fuck off.

Especially given the company they represent bailed on the telephone interview scheduled the day before.

Dra508
08-18-2012, 08:32 AM
...as an offshoot of that, i can't stand the elevator etiquette/chivalry around this place. i am all for holding the door open for ladies and gents alike when appropriate, and offer up seats for old/pregnant people like it's no question. but if an elevator is packed, a girl is in the back corner, just get off the damn elevator in a logical fashion and don't shuffle around annoyingly to let her through first. it is hell of awkward and defeats the purpose of being nice to your fellow man.I understood the elevator etiquette for precisely this reason. But I gotta say, the door holding one, I like that chivalry, its almost as endearing as a man making the effort to walk on the curbside of the sidewalk. Call me old-school. What I don't like is when people (man or woman) open the door for themselves and don't even look back and be polite to the person (man or woman) two steps behind. Or when you hold the door open for someone and they don't say thank you. That one pisses me off - it can be a 15 old boy or a 60 year old woman - both are devoid of manner - take em out back and shoot em..

When my cell phone service texts me to remind me I'm about to be charged for my monthly service, the message is full of insipid text-speak: Ur service will b renewed & ur credit card charged on ur end date.

You're a fucking corporation. Speak English.Oh you must tell me who your provider is. This one cracks me up.

Procrastination - I have probably 15 things on my personal to-do list and am now going to have to spend my whole weekend doing them rather then lazing away a nice summer weekend. Waaah.

jessamineny
08-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Oh you must tell me who your provider is. This one cracks me up.

Somewhat ironically... Straight Talk.

aggroculture
08-18-2012, 10:57 AM
These daily emails about this or that petition are getting dangerously close to spam.

sick among the pure
08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
That awkward moment when your best friend from high school doesn't even tell you they're getting married, but the guys your hung out with 2-3 times outside of school and occasionally chat on facebook with invites you to his wedding and loves your instagram photo of them so much he makes it his profile pic.

Hula
08-20-2012, 04:22 AM
I'll never understand how the postman comes at a different time each day and yet always manages to miss me. I'm working in the morning, he comes at 11. I'm working in the afternoon, he comes at 2. I'm in the shower, he ignores the doorbell, lightly taps on the door and leaves without trying again. Half the time the things I have to get redelivered would quite easily fit through the letter box (and aren't registered, so it's not like I have to sign for them).

To make matters more annoying, the tracking number for the registered packet he wrote down this time on the 'Sorry I missed you because I don't actually like people to receive their post!' slip was completely fucked up. The I's and 1's looked exactly the same. The forward slash before the last few digits turned out to be a 1. The redelivery service on the website would not let me proceed until I had the number right. I had to keep guessing which things were 1's and which were I's until I eventually got it right. Fucking inept.

Leman Russ
08-20-2012, 09:04 AM
I watched a guy pick up and forcefully throw his 2-3 year old daughter into his shopping cart at Walmart, while his wife stood by and said nothing. Since she wasn't going to, I did. Got right up in the guy's face and told it to try that again, but with me. Realizing he was a good half foot shorter than me, he quickly said sorry and hurried off. I spent the rest of my grocery shopping trip hoping to run into him again.

I hate white trash 'tough guys' who think they can manhandle a kid and get away with it.

playwithfire
08-21-2012, 03:57 AM
This doesn't piss me off so much as bug me a little, but, what is so hard about responding to a Facebook invite (to a very small thing at my place)? Also, it's hard not to be like "Okay. :(" when you send the invites out far enough in advance that you basically can tell that someone isn't going because something better came along later. I mean, I get it, it happens, we've all done it, but yeah.

Leman Russ
08-21-2012, 07:16 AM
This doesn't piss me off so much as bug me a little, but, what is so hard about responding to a Facebook invite (to a very small thing at my place)? Also, it's hard not to be like "Okay. :(" when you send the invites out far enough in advance that you basically can tell that someone isn't going because something better came along later. I mean, I get it, it happens, we've all done it, but yeah.

I'm sorry, but I am totally that guy a lot of the time. I will usually respond with a "Maybe", that way if I don't feel like going later on (or, like you said, something better comes along) I haven't fully committed. Shitty, I know.

frankie teardrop
08-21-2012, 10:21 AM
facebook invites in general are pretty depressing. the worst was the six month period where you received notifications when someone declined your invite. it's never personal, people have lives and commitments, but it was like high school rejection all over again.

i personally don't pay much attention to invites in general, as i've been getting so flooded with them that i can't handle it. can't stand when people invite me to things in a different city/country, either. i generally try to narrow it down to friends i think would be interested, but the basic criteria is: do you live here?

edit: FUCK YOU DIGITAL SKIPS

aggroculture
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I graduate on Sept 24. But my university health insurance ends today, more than a month in advance. I have the option to prolong it for a month, at the cost of $1000. Wonderful.
However, I begin work at the same university on Sept 1, which would leave me 10 days of no coverage.
I am considering getting a travel insurance for those days.
Oh and btw my university was just today ranked #1 worst in the country for financial aid and administration.

frankie teardrop
08-21-2012, 11:04 AM
just be really, really careful for those 10 days.

Thaned
08-22-2012, 02:21 AM
The place I'm buying my camera from has said they have a camera ready for me to pick up tomorrow, but they've also marked one as being ready for shipping. When I asked them about this, they said it'd be fine for me to come in and pick it up when it arrives, but I'd hate to make the trip to pick it up and have them say "But we just posted this" and then have to wait a couple of days for it to arrive.

Plus if they post it out it'll mean I don't get it until next week and I've got hardly any time to get used to it before a gig the following week. Oh well, I'll just wait until tomorrow and see how it ends up...

playwithfire
08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
The best part about this was that I then forgot to reply to an invite from Frankie on FB for something last night. :( It's because I thought I was going to make it and then realized it wouldn't really work and then got distracted and asdfghjklkegrgijgoiarglk;ajfkjaf;ajf

frankie teardrop
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
i facepalm with straight up love. don't sweat it!

Blackbookpress1984
08-23-2012, 12:53 PM
$400 on brake pads and rotars. Damnit.

slave2thewage
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
It's, like, twenty hours until my bus trip back to Galway to go to Pride and see people but some reason I'm massively stressing out over it. Just finished packing and I just feel oddly nervous and stuff.

Leman Russ
08-23-2012, 02:11 PM

I feel your pain....I will be doing the same thing very soon.

Necrodoommonkey
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Getting emailed a "meeting agenda" in .ppt format the night before a 6:30 AM meeting, and then listening to some asshole just read through that same .ppt in the meeting. I don't need to get up for a 6:30 AM meeting to listen to someone read the thing that I already read the night before. I really don't. I really. Fucking. Don't.

millionmilesaway
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM
the new apartment is awesome, although my new room mate sleeps on the couch all the time, when i asked her why...her answer was bed bugs. BED BUGS! WHO THE HELL DOESN'T TELL SOMEONE THEY HAVE BEDBUGS BEFORE THEY MOVE IN! THAT SHIT BETTER NOT MAKE ITS WAY OVER TO MY ROOM

frankie teardrop
08-24-2012, 10:01 AM
fucking nightmare. our building (but NOT our apartment) had those and we had to pretty much live out of bags for about six months while the building was sprayed. advise your roommate to get a new mattress ASAP and to wash her clothing, dry it for like an hour (or dryclean), and seal it in plastic bags for a long time.

even though we never actually had them, the process itself was one of the worst times of my life.

blackholesun
08-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Damn that is expensive..I just replaced mine and don't think I paid more than $100 total. Though I did the labor myself. I feel your pain though, I need to have a bunch of work done on my car that I don't know how to do and it's gonna cost a fortune.

Actually I got a flat tire on the way to work today. Thankfully I hadn't left my neighborhood yet and was able to change it pretty quickly. But now I need to buy a new tire. And I just got dumped last night.

imail724
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone else find it extremely irritating and childish when someone changes the name of a band they don't like? For example, I hate Limp Bizkit as much as the next guy, but Limp Dickshit? Clever!

millionmilesaway
08-25-2012, 10:08 PM
fucking nightmare. our building (but NOT our apartment) had those and we had to pretty much live out of bags for about six months while the building was sprayed. advise your roommate to get a new mattress ASAP and to wash her clothing, dry it for like an hour (or dryclean), and seal it in plastic bags for a long time.

even though we never actually had them, the process itself was one of the worst times of my life.

well she left her old apartment because of them, chucked the mattress and bagged any soft items she had and has been washing them nonstop. the new mattress arrived but she wont put it in her room yet because she saw some bugs on something still. I guess I will just stay off the couch and keep checking my mattress daily for any signs

redshoewearer
08-26-2012, 08:33 PM

That is high (unless it was all 4) - I just paid $272 for 2 brake pads and rotors.

well she left her old apartment because of them, chucked the mattress and bagged any soft items she had and has been washing them nonstop. the new mattress arrived but she wont put it in her room yet because she saw some bugs on something still. I guess I will just stay off the couch and keep checking my mattress daily for any signs

You better keep your stuff all bagged too for a while. Whenever I go to NYC I have this huge ziplock bag that I put my small suitcase in, no matter what hotel I'm in.

Pissing me off - summer's getting over and the days are getting noticeably shorter already.

Dra508
08-27-2012, 08:52 AM
the new apartment is awesome, although my new room mate sleeps on the couch all the time, when i asked her why...her answer was bed bugs. BED BUGS! WHO THE HELL DOESN'T TELL SOMEONE THEY HAVE BEDBUGS BEFORE THEY MOVE IN! THAT SHIT BETTER NOT MAKE ITS WAY OVER TO MY ROOMSo those buggers finally made it north. I knew NYC had a terrible problem and not quite two years ago I encountered them in a hotel in southern Connecticut so I was just waiting for the scourge. As everyone has said, bag it and keep everything off the floor. Make sure someone is doing something about them stat, it can only get worse.

Left my car in airport parking for four days, returned at 12:30 am and d-e-a-d. Didn't get to bed until 3am waiting for a jump and driving home. :(

Hula
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Suddenly I'm terrified about going to Paris because apparently they've had a lot of bed bug outbreaks lately :|

What I came here to post was this: I really don't understand why people can't just say why they're mad at you instead of sulking for days and getting progressively more pissed off with you every time you fail to stop doing WHATEVER it is you're doing that made them so mad in the first place. It's even worse when you're pretty sure you haven't done anything wrong. Ugh.

Baphomette
08-29-2012, 07:58 PM
For those of you dealing with bedbugs: http://bedbugregistry.com/ and http://bedbugger.com/links/
Those things give me nightmares.

Frozen Beach
08-30-2012, 01:56 AM
Being depressed when I should be happy. Starting to think I should just conform to my parent's wishes.

theruiner
08-30-2012, 06:29 AM
So, I got up this morning around 12:45 to get a snack. I went back to bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I heard what sounded like breaking glass- and it appeared to be coming from my living room.

Scared the shit out of me. I very cautiously came out of my room, flipped on all the lights in my apartment, and checked everywhere. Nothing. Completely false alarm. I have no idea if it was something outside or what, but I swear I heard the sound of glass breaking and it was loud. Weird.

the duder
08-30-2012, 06:33 AM
So, I got up this morning around 12:45 to get a snack. I went back to bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I heard what sounded like breaking glass- and it appeared to be coming from my living room.

Scared the shit out of me. I very cautiously came out of my room, flipped on all the lights in my apartment, and checked everywhere. Nothing. Completely false alarm. I have no idea if it was something outside or what, but I swear I heard the sound of glass breaking and it was loud. Weird.

Does Stone Cold Steve Austin live nearby? That might be it.

Leman Russ
08-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Does Stone Cold Steve Austin live nearby? That might be it.

Can I get a "HELL YEAH"?

sentient02970
08-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Stuck throttle on the Sable. My car wants to kill me.

Thaned
08-31-2012, 07:12 AM
I've spent aaaages waiting for something and getting psyched up for tomorrow night and now it's cancelled. It's nobody's fault at all, but I'm just so pissed off generally at everything at the moment, just don't want to take it out on anyone.

Fuuucking hell...

redshoewearer
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Person who doesn't respond to important emails - someone who said they were available and would teach some aerobic classes (she solicited work actually), and now 'she has to check' before committing and hasn't gotten back to me. I made plans based on her stated availability, and now they are in jeopardy. Don't solicit work from me unless you can deliver. Unprofessional.

Hula
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
My guy-friend's living situation pretty much echoes my own right now—the people we're living with are happy to use the food/toiletries we buy for ourselves but get snotty when we use the communal stuff. Uh, okay. Only difference is the person I'm living with is in her 50's and should know better...

aggroculture
08-31-2012, 02:35 PM
/health insurance bullshit

theruiner
09-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I just found out that the pipe under my bathroom sink was leaking, leaving a puddle of water in the cabinet under the sink. I think I fixed it, but damn is that annoying.

Fixer808
09-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Dear Tinactin, I bought you to cure my athlete's foot, not to cause a painful allergic reaction in both my feet. Fuck you forever.

sentient02970
09-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Try telling that to John Madden.

Seriously that sucks. Good luck with the feet.

While we're on the subject of fun everyday ailments. Constipation: the common cold for guests of hell. It was one wonderful Labor Day weekend thank you.

Fixer808
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks, the swelling has gone down since yesterday, and I can sort of walk again today. Yesterday was a slow shuffle like an old man. Add to that the fact that I was sleeping in a motel because of out-of-town work, and it was all kinds of suck.

miss k bee
09-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Nasty dirty computers and keyboards at work - have to take my own cleaning wipes in.

Pillfred
09-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I get it people you have issues, and I seem to keep mine in check (as far as you can seem to tell). Well guess what it aint easy, so if i get sick of hearing about all your shit that you brought on yourself, it's not that i don't get it i just don't have the patience. If i can manage so can you. This is what happens when a motherfucker can't get a clean day off from work and outside bullshit, just fucking 1 day.

millionmilesaway
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
apparently while on vacation I sold a textbook on amazon that I forgot was even on there, now I have angry e-mails from Amazon and the buyer because I hadn't shipped it yet. now my seller rating is lowered since I had to cancel the order, I don't even have that book anymore. sorry to whoever needed that book for their class

halloween
09-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Being unemployed. During my whole four years of college I worked at a gallery and also for the photo department. I had to move back home, and was hoping to get employed in NYC. That didn't happen- though something in me hopes the guy will email one day saying at least "No work for you, sorry!"...sigh. It's been two weeks since I've been unemployed and it's getting old fast. The job hunt begins soon, now that I've officially given up on the place I sent my resume/cover letter too.

Fixer808
09-04-2012, 11:52 PM
You'll find something, don't worry. Took me ages to find the job I have now, and it's a decent job that pays well!

ImTheWiseJanitor
09-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Being unemployed. During my whole four years of college I worked at a gallery and also for the photo department. I had to move back home, and was hoping to get employed in NYC. That didn't happen- though something in me hopes the guy will email one day saying at least "No work for you, sorry!"...sigh. It's been two weeks since I've been unemployed and it's getting old fast. The job hunt begins soon, now that I've officially given up on the place I sent my resume/cover letter too.

I'm in a similar situation. Since I've moved, I'll admit, I've been a little slack in my job search, but now that I'm literally OUT of money (and my rent was a liiittle bit late, so I have to pay an additional $45 in late fees - won't be making THAT mistake again), I'm kinda desperate for whatever I can get. But what irks me about the whole situation is that my mom's harping on me to get a job, and when I tell her that I spent all day yesterday looking for work and came home with 13 applications, she blows up at me because I tell her I brought them home rather than filling them all out in person. It's not like I was being lazy by not filling it out in person, but I had other places to go all day. I didn't have time to sit down and write everything out. And then, to top it all off, she tells me that she's not gonna help me out financially until I have a job, and rubs in the fact that "It could be two or three more weeks until you even get your first check from your next job, so you'd better figure something out." Thank you. Like I didn't already know that. S'kinda why I was asking you guys for some help in the first place. But we've since talked a bit more, and if I need the money for something, they'll help. But I'll have to manage the money pretty well. I can do it, I just need a kick start getting there.

Blah. I just hope one of these jobs pans out. And I especially hope it's one of the jobs I'll like. (There's a really cool Indian store downtown, and as soon as I walked in, the SUPER cute girl working the counter just went all smiles and we hit it off, and not in a "look happy for the customer" way. I should've asked her name and number. I've decided I WILL next time, though. I might even go in there just to "follow up on an application." No guts, no glory!)

Frozen Beach
09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
It's amazing how overwhelming a part time job can be, but at least I'm doing something more than sitting at home, alone while wallowing in depression.

Jinsai
09-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Today during band practice, some asshole from across the street (and three houses down) jumped our locked front gate and started ringing our bell and banging on the windows. This is the SECOND fucking time this asshole has done this. Nobody in the neighboring buildings has ever complained, and we've asked if we're bothering them and they say "no, we can hear you guys a little bit, but it's not a bother." This motherfucker comes over yelling about how we've crossed a line and how he's not going to tolerate it.

He says "I'm trying to write my book!!!!" So, upon inquiry, it turns out this guy likes to write outside. And the bass frequencies bother him. We don't play that fucking loud. This asshole is literally jumping over the locked gate and yelling at us. He's trespassing. I'm not sure whether to throw a pair of earplugs at him and tell him to shut the fuck up, or call the cops. We're within our legal rights to play at the time we're playing at (we finish before 8). Fuck this guy.

Fixer808
09-07-2012, 12:05 AM
1) Get a telescope and watch him as he's writing.
2) Get a tone generator, crank the amp, and start with a frequency above human hearing thresholds.
3) Watch him closely and start to lower the frequency
4) When his eyes cross and blood starts coming from his ears due to the barely audible ultra high frequency, pat yourselves on the back.
5) Profit? And get yourselves to the hospital, you may also be having aneurisms...

Jinsai
09-07-2012, 03:20 AM
the kicker is that I can't even see the front of his house without walking a bit out. He does not even live that close.

The previous time this dipshit did this, he claimed he was a doctor, and decided to warn us that by playing at such loud volumes (which, by the way, are nowhere NEAR the volumes you'd hear at a club show... maybe closer to what you'd hear in a movie theater) we were incurring brain damage.

This time, he admitted he's a freelance acupuncturist.... and in my book that's hardly a "doctor" who should be whining at me about how my loud music is giving me fucking brain damage. Then, as he went away, he tried to sell us on his book, which is going to be "really important. People are going to be talking about it. On the radio. You'll see. I'll give you a copy."

FUCK YOU.

halloween
09-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm in a similar situation. Since I've moved, I'll admit, I've been a little slack in my job search, but now that I'm literally OUT of money (and my rent was a liiittle bit late, so I have to pay an additional $45 in late fees - won't be making THAT mistake again), I'm kinda desperate for whatever I can get. But what irks me about the whole situation is that my mom's harping on me to get a job, and when I tell her that I spent all day yesterday looking for work and came home with 13 applications, she blows up at me because I tell her I brought them home rather than filling them all out in person. It's not like I was being lazy by not filling it out in person, but I had other places to go all day. I didn't have time to sit down and write everything out. And then, to top it all off, she tells me that she's not gonna help me out financially until I have a job, and rubs in the fact that "It could be two or three more weeks until you even get your first check from your next job, so you'd better figure something out." Thank you. Like I didn't already know that. S'kinda why I was asking you guys for some help in the first place. But we've since talked a bit more, and if I need the money for something, they'll help. But I'll have to manage the money pretty well. I can do it, I just need a kick start getting there.

Blah. I just hope one of these jobs pans out. And I especially hope it's one of the jobs I'll like. (There's a really cool Indian store downtown, and as soon as I walked in, the SUPER cute girl working the counter just went all smiles and we hit it off, and not in a "look happy for the customer" way. I should've asked her name and number. I've decided I WILL next time, though. I might even go in there just to "follow up on an application." No guts, no glory!)

Yikes, that's tough. I'm so extremely grateful that my dad is so awesome and understanding, he hasn't been bugging me about my situation, letting me stay home and he understands that doing photography is a priority for me, so even though I don't have a job- I'll be starting as a volunteer as a darkroom monitor at the local photography center in town. I won't be able to do much work though without money to pay for material, but I had an idea for a kickstarter project and my dad has been completely supportive and not skeptical at all about the whole thing. Job searching within my town is going to be a completely different monster than NYC, because the options are...a lot less. I'll show my resume and all they'll see art handling and gallery experience... I've touched fancy artwork but never a cash register =[

Dra508
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Yikes, that's tough. I'm so extremely grateful that my dad is so awesome and understanding, he hasn't been bugging me about my situation, letting me stay home and he understands that doing photography is a priority for me, so even though I don't have a job- I'll be starting as a volunteer as a darkroom monitor at the local photography center in town. I won't be able to do much work though without money to pay for material, but I had an idea for a kickstarter project and my dad has been completely supportive and not skeptical at all about the whole thing. Job searching within my town is going to be a completely different monster than NYC, because the options are...a lot less. I'll show my resume and all they'll see art handling and gallery experience... I've touched fancy artwork but never a cash register =[I really don't think you should give up on NYC.

orestes
09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I should be on a plane, flying to Paris right now but instead, I'm sitting on my couch on a saturday night.

Fixer808
09-09-2012, 09:24 AM
So should we all... I haven't been to Parins since I was 15, and aside from ETS folks in England, I have a good friend living there right now.

icklekitty
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm not in Paris either :(

DVYDRNS
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
if you only call or text me to ask about your apple devices, you aren't a friend. you're a non paying customer. which is why i don't really answer my phone much anymore.

halloween
09-10-2012, 12:15 AM
I really don't think you should give up on NYC.

I guess I shouldn't, but it's hard to do job searches in a city that's 5 hours away. I'm not sure how to make this work out, at least not as soon as I'd like. I'm still looking for jobs, but I don't really know where to look- I keep checking the sames sites I know, waiting to see if there's something out there for me to apply for, that I'm qualified for...

Fixer808
09-10-2012, 12:17 AM
It's a real crap shoot, but sometimes Craigslist actually turns up results. Last two jobs have been found through them. I worked at one for 2 years, and the latest one is run and staffed by solid people, and pays well. Don't count it out!

Dra508
09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I guess I shouldn't, but it's hard to do job searches in a city that's 5 hours away. I'm not sure how to make this work out, at least not as soon as I'd like. I'm still looking for jobs, but I don't really know where to look- I keep checking the sames sites I know, waiting to see if there's something out there for me to apply for, that I'm qualified for...I''m assuming here that what you are looking for is near what you just finished studying. What about your school's resources? You drop serious coin for so many years, those folks are suppose to take care of their alumni.

Insomnia. I thought it was an anxiety problem, now I know it's an iphone, no one else in my bed problem. It's too easy to wake up, roll over start reading crap and then - poof you're awake for two hours. I'm an idiot.

sentient02970
09-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Insomnia. I thought it was an anxiety problem, now I know it's an iphone, no one else in my bed problem. It's too easy to wake up, roll over start reading crap and then - poof you're awake for two hours. I'm an idiot.
Yes this. Waking up with a smart phone and diving into useless crap (oh and a Netflix app, thanks) at 2am. One day last week I stayed up right through 5am bouncing between phone and book then just went out for an early run.
Can you have pets?

Jinsai
09-11-2012, 06:29 AM
played a show tonight, and besides our own technical difficulties, my field recorder is gone. No idea what happened to it. One second it was there, then we had technical difficulties and I'm scrambling around trying to fix them, and when I look for the field recorder I can't find it anywhere. I actually think it's unlikely that somebody stole it, but nothing else makes sense. Oh well, there goes 200 bucks.

Frozen Beach
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
I have a part time job, I'm getting out more and my birthday is coming up, yet I still can't be happy. I honestly have not had a day in a long time where I've been happy. I'd give up anything just to have a moment of peace. Also, I'm tired of feeling like I'm whining when I'm simply trying to get how I feel out because it's better than me keeping it suppressed.

redshoewearer
09-13-2012, 02:36 PM
It's a real crap shoot, but sometimes Craigslist actually turns up results. Last two jobs have been found through them. I worked at one for 2 years, and the latest one is run and staffed by solid people, and pays well. Don't count it out!

I can second this - my daughter just got a job in Brooklyn off Craigslist - it started out a super part time (8 hours), but when they saw what she can do, it went up to 20 hours, they increased her pay by $2/hour, and it is planned to go to full time by December.

Fixer808
09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Huh... Could have died tonight, no big deal. Possible drunk driver/definite drug dealer (heard the police radio) obliterated the back of one of the paving company's trucks on the highway while I was measuring what our company had painted. If he'd swerved right instead of left that would have been the end of ol' Fixer.

Leman Russ
09-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Huh... Could have died tonight, no big deal. Possible drunk driver/definite drug dealer (heard the police radio) obliterated the back of one of the paving company's trucks on the highway while I was measuring what our company had painted. If he'd swerved right instead of left that would have been the end of ol' Fixer.

Holy hell. Glad he swerved left.

halloween
09-14-2012, 04:45 PM

Stupidity will not serve death's duties on you so soon. Today let us rejoice your continued existence!

sentient02970
09-14-2012, 06:02 PM

Yes just another little thing to piss you off about work...near death. We are glad you are at least here to complain about it.

Baphomette
09-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Itchy t-shirts that refuse to get soft despite endless washings.

aggroculture
09-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Channing Tatum.