PDA

View Full Version : Super fans of Nine Inch Nails

JayneRhodes
03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
We are looking for fans of Nine Inch Nails to talk to us about the impact they had for a new TV documentary. Can you help please?

pukkelpop
03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
We are looking for fans of Nine Inch Nails to talk to us about the impact they had for a new TV documentary. Can you help please?
what is the documentary called? sheepdean, icklekitty and nine_inch_nerd are good represantives..

sheepdean
03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Pretty sure someone like Leviathant's gonna be a better bet, though I am intrigued (and thanks for the namecheck pukkelpop). Can you give more details?

Leviathant
03-18-2013, 01:04 PM

As the guy who runs theninhotline.net, ninshirts.com, this forum, and maybe a few others I forget, if I'm not the guy you're looking for, I can point you to the people you should talk to. leviathant@gmail.com or twitter.com/leviathant

BenAkenobi
03-18-2013, 01:14 PM
sheepdean is HTDA fan now

ninperu
03-18-2013, 01:34 PM
i can help but... i'm in Perú... http://www.facebook.com/nineinchnailsperu

Wretchedest
03-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Are you talking about people who have visited his fan site everyday for the last 8 years (this week!) And have thoroughly talked about Nine Inch Nails that they use said fan site to talk about almost any BUT Nine Inch Nails? People who collect his merchandise by serial number, celebrate his birthday, and know the names of his dogs?

Youve come to the right place.

UninTY
03-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I would be willing to say that just about every "superfan" there is of NIN, is someone who is a member of this board. Although I'm sure many of us shudder at the term "fan" let alone "superfan". I mean, you'll have to be more specific about exactly what your looking for. For me NIN is literally a part of my identity and my day to day life. I'm a "fan" of Tool. With NIN....it's an entirely different beast.

UninTY
03-18-2013, 02:49 PM
one more quick note: If there was a new documentary involving NIN on the horizon, we would likely know about it already. That's kinda what a "superfan" does. Unless this is some kind of school project or something?

sheepdean
03-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Well, searching for OP's name gives a documentary about Coronation Street, so I'd imagine it's legit, not just a school project.

MAD
03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
I guess I could help, but like ninperu, I'm in Romania.

Collin
03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Strange, is this how most documentaries find their information? I mean most NIN information is on the internet. Are they actually looking for interviewees? Regardless, pretty sure the majority of members on Echoing The Sound are what you would classify as "superfans," and most of us, myself included, would be willing to help.

sick among the pure
03-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Though there are a lot of vets here that would probably do a better job as an interviewee or source of information, I'm always willing to help.

sheepdean
03-19-2013, 03:44 AM
Really, Rob Sheridan is the king of superfans though

icklekitty
03-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Well, searching for OP's name gives a documentary about Coronation Street, so I'd imagine it's legit, not just a school project.

I'd also imagine it's for a different production company though. I don't see this airing at 8pm on a Saturday on ITV. Very intriguing!

Camille
03-19-2013, 05:10 AM

Cool. From Emily Bishop to Trent Reznor! Quality.

Just joking OP, good luck.

kenthebear
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
hey op, i admire your beliefs but i think you should broaden your search to non-gay nin fans as well. give you more choice.

laz001
03-19-2013, 09:32 AM
I like Nine Inch Nails quite a lot. I would make a fairly good super phan!

sick among the pure
03-19-2013, 10:58 AM
hey op, i admire your beliefs but i think you should broaden your search to non-gay nin fans as well. give you more choice.

What's wrong with asking LGBT NIN fans questions as well?
Yes, I realize you're calling "super fans" dumb, while also being a bigoted douchebag and using the word gay in a negative way.

kenthebear
03-19-2013, 11:27 AM
e: actually i'm taking this to a pm. thanks and god bless

shagg_187
03-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Did someone say Superfans?

http://i.minus.com/ipYTTLPXVMxw2.gif

Good luck on the documentary btw, whatever it is for.

fan-since-96
03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Genuine NIN superfan here. I met my g/f of 4 years, and future wife through her snooping through my wallet at work amd finding a NIN fanclub membership card. She is also a longtime superfan. We both still LOVE nin. We may dance to "closer" in our wedding (although we'd piss off a few grandparents). We wish you the best and would love to share our story. PM me if interested.

FernandoDante
03-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Does making a stupid video like this (http://bit.ly/astRm) make me a superfan?

Torgo
03-20-2013, 01:56 PM
what is the documentary called? sheepdean, icklekitty and nine_inch_nerd are good represantives..

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

slave2thewage
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Gay fans? YOU RANG?!

I might just camp it up and keep screaming "AARON NORTH IS SOOOOOOOOO HAWT!!1!" during the interview, though.

eversonpoe
03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Gay fans? YOU RANG?!

I might just camp it up and keep screaming "AARON NORTH IS SOOOOOOOOO HAWT!!1!" during the interview, though.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Miss.Selfdestruct
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Really, Rob Sheridan is the king of superfans though
That + Leviathant & co. (i.e. Meathead). These people kept the fandom online alive while everyone thought TR might have OD'd :P