PDA

View Full Version : The concerts thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fixer808
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Who are you seeing? Any good shows coming up that you feel we should know about? Post 'em here! For example, I just picked up a Rammstein ticket for the Vancouver date. Fuck yeah!!

slave2thewage
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Rammstein x3 next year (London, Dublin and Manchester)
Placebo's one-off show in London.

REPLICA
11-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Beirut - Asheville, NC (Dec. 5) @ The Orange Peel. -- Going with a friend of mine.

lady weetly
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm seeing Florence + The Machine and Laura Marling on Sunday. I can't friggen wait. I'm hoping to go to Cage The Elephant on New Years eve because Company Of Thieves are opening. :)

blackholesun
11-29-2011, 12:51 AM
I just saw Touche Amore and Pianos Become The Teeth last week. Was pretty damn good.

Seeing The National this weekend which I am immensely excited for.

icklekitty
11-29-2011, 06:39 AM
Gotham festival next week with some bands I've never heard of
Rammstein
Placebo

I recently saw The Eden House (meh) and Will Young (AMAZING)

ManBurning
11-30-2011, 03:28 AM
Off to the OhGr show this weekend in Vancouver!!

Fixer808 > do you not care for OhGr? I saw you mention there weren't really any good shows that caught your eye recently coming to Vancouver in the Rammstein thread, you should hit up the OhGr show this weekend at the Rickshaw if you have the chance, tickets are only $25, It'll be a great show!

Asside from that, this year has been great for concerts... I pretty much saw all my fav. bands this year.
2 Rammstein show's last May, KMFDM in August, SONOIO in September, Foo Fighters in October and now OhGr will round up the year this weekend, not a bad year for concerts.

Kid Charlemagne
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Tomorrow I see Wilco, which obviously I'm excited for and Nick FUCKING Lowe is opening for them. Sunday I'm seeing The National, which will actually be the first time I don't see them in a festival setting. Local Natives are opening that gig, so that should be cool. My brother is having is company Christmas party on Saturday and Huey Lewis and the News are the entertainment...if that counts. Mountain Goats in January, and Band of Skulls in March.

Callahan
11-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Who are you seeing? Any good shows coming up that you feel we should know about? Post 'em here! For example, I just picked up a Rammstein ticket for the Vancouver date. Fuck yeah!!

Had no idea they announced a tour! and are you shitting me? They'll go to Winnipeg, but not stop over in Calgary? shitty :(

ManBurning
11-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Had no idea they announced a tour! and are you shitting me? They'll go to Winnipeg, but not stop over in Calgary? shitty :(

and THIS is exactly what we were talking about in the Rammstein thread. The shows are barely selling, and one suggestion made was that they announced the tour so close to ticket sales it never gave anyone the chance to get excited before grabbing their tickets. That and it's very poor promotion. Even here in Vancouver, barely seen any literature in the papers advertising the show.

But either way, help the poor ticket sales mate, grab a ticket to the Vancouver show! You're not that far away! It's worth traveling for.

Fixer808
11-30-2011, 02:52 PM
I didn't know OhGr was coming, and I have other plans!! Dammit...

pplopez40
11-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Going to Deck the Hall Ball in Seattle:

Mumford and Sons, Death Cab For Cutie, Foster The People,
Young The Giant, Grouplove, Cage The Elephant and Two Door Cinema Club

Maelstrom
12-01-2011, 01:42 AM
This year I saw KMFDM,The Reverend Horton Heat,Social Distortion,Led Zepplin 2(an awesome tribute band),aaaaand...oh,yeah,THE BIG FOUR -Metallica,Megadeth,Anthrax,and Slayer in Indio.

mrspfotie
12-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Seeing Peter Murphy and She Wants Revenge Sunday and Not So Silent Night on the 9th. Excited for both!!

Delusional
12-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Russian Circles are playing here tomorrow, sadly I think I'm too poor to go. :(

I did get to see Primus in Madison this fall. Great show, the new album is really good, but I haven't been that stoned in many years.

Jacob's Ladder
12-01-2011, 11:55 PM
The National with Local Natives on Sunday, should be awesome.

Kid Charlemagne
12-02-2011, 12:53 AM
The National with Local Natives on Sunday, should be awesome.See ya there, brah!

bobbie solo
12-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Going to Deck the Hall Ball in Seattle:

Mumford and Sons, Death Cab For Cutie, Foster The People,
Young The Giant, Grouplove, Cage The Elephant and Two Door Cinema Club

i hope youre not paying lol

bobbie solo
12-03-2011, 03:05 AM
seeing fucking GRAVEYARD 1/13 at Bowery Ballroom. FINALLY!

Jacob's Ladder
12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
See ya there, brah!
Shit! I didn't see this!

What did you think of the show? Local Natives and the National were awesome, but I got shitty balcony tickets and the venue is fucking garbage!

Trunkjob
12-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Radiohead in Glendale, AZ - 3/15/12
My first time seeing them.

Kid Charlemagne
12-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Shit! I didn't see this!

What did you think of the show? Local Natives and the National were awesome, but I got shitty balcony tickets and the venue is fucking garbage!
Thought it was awesome. I was hoping to see you there or meet up, but it's cool, there will be more shows. Local Natives surprised me and the crowd ate it up. National were awesome, but I agree AMH sucks. I hope Emo's East buries it.

sukey
12-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Seeing Steel Panther, Motley Crue and Def Leppard this weekend. LOL.

sheepdean
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Just got back from Electric Six, who were fucking awesome as always (I see them annually). They're so much heavier live than on album, always a very intense show.

And they were supported by a band called "Swound!", who I've never heard of but were really fucking awesome.

Next concert is probably Barry Adamson in February unless someone good comes up in January.

batsy
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Going to see Rammstein in May. Coldplay is coming to town and I adore them but I rather save that $$$ for when Depeche Mode comes here.

miss k bee
12-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Going to see Soulwax/2ManyDj's at Soulwaxmas tonight, dont know if I will have the energy to last the whole set till 3am!

Did think about going to see Steel Panther/Def Leppard

Harry Seaward
12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
TOOL. I'm seeing them.

None of you probably care about this, but I'm seeing Tool. I'm drunk so I don't care what you think. This is like the highlight of my entire year. Even if I don't get tickets, I'll get in. 'There's no other choice.' TOOL is the best live band I've ever seen and I won't allow myself to miss a concert that just so happens to be in a city near me. FUCK. TOOL. SHIT, SON.

virushopper
12-26-2011, 06:25 PM
M83 next month

Agent Dale Cooper
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Spiritualized are playing UK dates again in March 012 http://www.spiritualized.com/news/gigs/ and seeing as how they are one of the best bands I have ever seen live....I can't fucking wait.

Agent Dale Cooper
12-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Just bought tickets to see Roger Water performing The Wall next month with a few mates. FUCK YEAH!
Very​ nice.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-01-2012, 06:09 PM
February will be a good month for me.

Rise Against - Glassjaw opening
Tool
Chevelle

My month is pretty much set :)

sukey
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
M83 and the Horrors the week after next. VERY excited for the former.

dlb
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Black Keys at the end of the month and Henry Rollins following in February. Maybe I'll go and see Kylesa again after I missed them the last 2 times they were here.

Krazy
01-03-2012, 07:45 PM
- Tool in Toledo 1/24
- Megadeth/Motörhead in Milwaukee 2/12

Really hope a good band goes to Red Rocks again this year. That's by far and away the best venue I've ever been to and regret not seeing NIN there (and Tool to a lesser extent).

virushopper
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Tool in Vegas!

sheepdean
01-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Booked so far for this year:
Brand New
Barry Adamson
Dick Valentine
Tragedy

I need to go to something this month though, no one decent coming up I can see :\

dlb
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Booked so far for this year:
Dick Valentine

so, so jealous! :(

just got tickets for:

Killing Joke
Mark Lanegan
Noel Gallagher

sheepdean
01-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Just booked tickets for Rosie Vanier (http://www.rosievanier.com/) in march

edit: and Presidents of the USA

Halo Infinity
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
I hope to see Ministry at the Best Buy Nokia Theater on June 23, 2012 in New York, NY. I should remind myself to take advantage of the pre-sales though.

sheepdean
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Booked: Labrinth

I DON'T NEED MONEY

theimage13
01-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Worked the Gigantour opener on Thursday. Didn't really dislike anyone, but no one really stunned me, either. It was cool to finally see Motorhead, though.

JessicaSarahS
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
My upcoming shows:

Big Black Delta
Foxy Shazam + The Darkness (Don't hate!)
Puscifer
The Black Keys (Oakland and Sacramento)
Coachella
M83

All shows in SF, except The Black Keys and Coachella.

witte
01-29-2012, 02:40 PM
Blaudzun
Feist
David Sylvian
Life and dead of marina abramovic (with antony)

Pillfred
01-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Worked the Gigantour opener on Thursday. Didn't really dislike anyone, but no one really stunned me, either. It was cool to finally see Motorhead, though.

I was thinking about maybe going to that but i don't think it's gonna happen. I need to go see a good metal show.

Kid Charlemagne
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Foxy Shazam + The Darkness (Don't hate!)
Would have loved to have seen this show, I'm not a huge Foxy Shazam fan, but they're a fun live band. As for The Darkness, I'm glad they're back together and do more stateside touring.

decadent
01-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Planning to see Mastodon tonight.

Hula
01-30-2012, 03:17 AM
The Icarus Line are supporting Killing Joke's European tour starting in Dublin on 2nd March. I'm so freaking tempted. Problem is it's the day after my temp contract ends, which either means I'll be out of a job or have to work that weekend.

dlb
01-30-2012, 03:58 AM
The Icarus Line? Great, now I'm even more looking forward to seeing KJ again!

Th Black Keys were amazing this Saturday, but the crowd a bit too young and bubbly for my taste. Only screaming for the new stuff and not knowing what to do when stuff like thickfreakeness comes on. Anyway, good show and I just love seeing Auerbach play! While the additional band members made sense for the most part, I'd like to see them as a two-piece again though.

Coming up are Henry Rollins and then Noel Gallagher and Mark Lanegan in March! :)

coolguy
01-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse in a couple weeks \m/

konstantin
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
so far booked:

Tycho
Porcelain Raft (opening for Smith Westerns)
Die Antwoord
Korallreven
SBTRKT

Kid Charlemagne
01-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Th Black Keys were amazing this Saturday, but the crowd a bit too young and bubbly for my taste. Only screaming for the new stuff and not knowing what to do when stuff like thickfreakeness comes on. Anyway, good show and I just love seeing Auerbach play! While the additional band members made sense for the most part, I'd like to see them as a two-piece again though.

It's weird, for the longest time I saw these guys as just that band I saw at clubs playing scuzzy blues tunes. Now they're an arena rock band. Seeing them last year nobody clapped to Thickfreakness or I'll Be Your Man or even Girl is On My Mind.

I plan on seeing Eddie Vedder in April with Glen Hansard. I'm pretty stoked for that.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
It's weird, for the longest time I saw these guys as just that band I saw at clubs playing scuzzy blues tunes. Now they're an arena rock band. Seeing them last year nobody clapped to Thickfreakness or I'll Be Your Man or even Girl is On My Mind.

What a dam shame... Fantastic songs.

frankie teardrop
01-30-2012, 01:50 PM

funny how that works, huh?

passed on getting pulp tickets for the NYC show, and mildly regretting it. hoping a friend has a spare so i can get in on that action when the time comes...

Fixer808
01-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I want to see Band of Skulls but it sold out in minutes :(

Kid Charlemagne
01-30-2012, 09:25 PM
I want to see Band of Skulls but it sold out in minutes :(If you can get to Austin, TX, I have an extra ticket that I bought before I got dumped.

Fixer808
01-31-2012, 05:08 PM
Wow, this may be the worst tour ever: Nickelback, Bush, Seether, and My Darkest Days. How low have Bush fallen since their heyday that they're opening for fucking Nickelback?

Highly Psychological
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Going to see D, Angelo on 2nd February. Super rare performance by him. He has not played live really for over a decade since Voodoo in 2000. I dont know what happened to him, apparently he went mad and has been in and out of prison. Hopefully he will play some new stuff. His new album has been 12 years in the making. Hopefully its not a lauren hill type affair, she acts like she has serious brain damage on stage today. He was turning into a Brian Wilson, Syd Barrett, Kate Bush type figure never leaving his house, good to see him again, GODLY voice. Such small discography but what he has done is majestic.

sheepdean
01-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Next week I'm seeing 4 shows in 5 days. Am I going to die?
(The bands are: Lianne La Havas, Barry Adamson, Brand New and Labrinth)

Swykk
02-01-2012, 02:17 AM
03-30-12 Childish Gambino

05-12-12 Electric Six

dlb
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I'll be in New York starting 20th of March until the 28th. Any must-see shows to catch or a good link to look myself?

On another note: Henry Rollins this Sunday! I'm curious what story's he got this time. :)

Ryan
02-12-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm seeing New Order twice in March (one a side show and one a festival), the Peter Hook performing Closer in April (VIP meet and greet package).

richardp
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
The Lollapalooza lineup was released and if this is true, I'm unbelievably underwhelmed by the headliners.
Metallica, Beyonce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck, The Killers, Sonic Youth

So lackluster, in my opinion, if this is real.

thevoid99
02-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Metallica... again? Chili Peppers? Beyonce? Killers?

Fuck this festival!

Kid Charlemagne
02-15-2012, 10:08 PM
The Lollapalooza lineup was released and if this is true, I'm unbelievably underwhelmed by the headliners.
Metallica, Beyonce, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck, The Killers, Sonic Youth

So lackluster, in my opinion, if this is real.

I like these headliners. Metallica still puts on a good show and is a ballsy booking. It'll be their first time at this festival since they moved it to Grant Park. I wasn't a huge fan of Beyonce, but I saw her set last year from Glastonbury and that's a fucking show. Beck is just plain awesome, and it's being billed as Sonic Youth's final show, which would be an event. Chili Peppers are good for what they are. Only one I don't like is The Killers since I think they're just an okay band and they were there quite recently. Headliners in all three festivals this year (Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lolla) have all been good, not great, but the undercard is where it's at.

richardp
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
The only one I'd see is Metallica, just because, well, it's Metallica. I absolutely loathe Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I've just never been a huge Beck fan. Also, The Killers stopped being relevant to me soon after Hot Fuss. I don't know, I'm just super disappointed by these bands. I was really hoping for The Throne, Sigur Ros, Jack White, and maybe The Shins or something.

But like you said, maybe the undercard will be phenomenal.

Oh and I just read that Korn Featuring Skrillex is rumored to headline Perry's Stage. And to that, I say... Um... REALLY?! FUCKING REALLY!?

Kid Charlemagne
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
From what I've heard Sigur Ros and Jack White were both rumored to play Lolla, they'll probably give them 75 minutes sets. I can see Jack White playing before Beck, and Sigur Ros playing before Sonic Youth.

Korn and Skrillex is a shame though. I don't understand how Skrillex got popular.

Reznor2112
02-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Puscifer in 10 days...YAY

jaimie
02-16-2012, 12:21 AM
So excited for My Brightest Diamond tomorrow at the Troubadour

fillow
02-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Went to And So I Watch You From Afar yesterday. Holy shit they were awesome.

Pillfred
02-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Getting pretty excited for the Prof show tonight, should be a good time.

Kodiak33
02-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Has anyone seen Crystal Method lately? I'm going to see them next Friday in Indy.

theimage13
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Friday: Working for Miranda Lambert.
Saturday: Working for Lupe Fiasco.

This should tame my musical ADD for a little while.

Kid Charlemagne
02-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Friday: Working for Miranda Lambert.
Saturday: Working for Lupe Fiasco.

This should tame my musical ADD for a little while.
I saw Miranda Lambert at the San Antonio Rodeo last year, I wanted to kill myself. Good luck.

theimage13
02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
I've found that doing the sound for a band tends to give you a positive bias towards an act that you may not have normally liked. Of course, now and then it can have just the opposite effect...

Kid Charlemagne
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
I've found that doing the sound for a band tends to give you a positive bias towards an act that you may not have normally liked. Of course, now and then it can have just the opposite effect...

Ah, had no idea you were working the sound. Honestly I didn't have a complaint about her sound. Obviously it's not my kind of music, it was more of it just being another crowd that I'm not used to and taking a girl on a date and her and I having a miserable time. I don't think she's all that bad, "Only Prettier" is kind of a rad tune. Let me know how Lupe Fiasco is though, I hated Lazers, but I'm anxious to see if he's still a good performer.

Hold Steady are coming back to Austin in April. I've seen this band nearly a dozen times and I don't think I'll miss this show either. The best bar band in America as far as I'm concerned.

sheepdean
02-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Just booked:
Rae Morris (http://www.raemorris.co.uk/) (she's really brilliant, check her out) - 7th March
Marc Almond - 9th July
Ministry - 12th July

bgalbraith
02-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Distant Worlds - Mar 10

Seeing the Boston Pops perform orchestral arrangements of Final Fantasy tracks. This is my 3rd DW concert. I'm psyched.

sheepdean
02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Won tickets to see Iron Butterfly tonight!

virushopper
02-25-2012, 11:03 AM
The Joy Formidable with A Place to Bury Strangers and Big Black Delta, sometime in March.

imail724
02-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Saw Saul Williams last week
Jane's Addiction March 4
Manson April 29
Mark Lanegan Band May 10

profane
03-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Went to Mark Lanegan band yesterday in Antwerp. It was amazing!
Up next are A Place To Bury Strangers May 4 and Steven Wilson May 14!

konstantin
03-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Korallreven: sooooo adorable! it had such an other planet vibe

http://youtu.be/a7jkx3fnim8

opener Young Magic were really good too.

next on the schedule:

SBTRKT
Washed Out
Keep Shelly in Athens
Bear in Heaven
[School of Seven Bells]

imail724
03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Saw Saul Williams last week
Jane's Addiction March 4
Manson April 29
Mark Lanegan Band May 10
add Primus may 19
Furthur July 14

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ronhonda
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Seeing Jane's tonight in NJ.

bobbie solo
03-07-2012, 12:56 AM
Narrows/All Pigs Must Die Friday at Knitting Factory in BK if Big East Tourney tix don't come through

Dylan Drazen/Karlos Leon/Javier Vargas/other DJ's 3/20 at Sobe/Whitelaw Hotel in Miami

DJ Premier/Bumpy Knuckles 3/26 at Highline Ballroom in NYC

Alcest/Deafheaven 3/31 at Europa in BK

Shabazz Palaces 4/13 at SOB's in NYC

Refused 4/22 at T5 (ugh fuck OFF with this place) in NYC

Ceremony 4/23 at Mercury Lounge in NYC

We Were Promised Jetpacks 5/4 at Bowery Ballroom in NYC

Hot Water Music 5/21 at Gramercy Theatre in NYC

Meshuggah/Decapitated/Baroness 5/23 at T5 in NYC

Radiohead/Caribou 5/31 at The Rock in Newark, NJ

Mayhem Festival (Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead, As I Lay Dying, White Chapel, High on Fire) 7/27 at Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ

Iron Maiden/Coheed 8/3 at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, CA

whenever Pearl Jam and (hopefully) How To Destroy Angels tour my area this summer

kdrcraig
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Saw Matthew Good do an acoustic show last night. Heading to Vegas this weekend for the 311 Day shows.

ManBurning
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Got some pretty decent shows coming up:

Puscifer - March 13
Saul Williams - March 14
Polyphonic Spree - April 7
Big Wreck - May 1
Rammstein - May 13
Rammstein - May 14
Roger Waters - May 26

sheepdean
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Just got back from a show to find out I've won tickets to another - Kill Hannah this Saturday

virushopper
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
M83 with Big Black Delta in April.

Incendiary Lover
03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
You're in for a treat if you haven't seen M83 live before. They were so good when I saw them in January, tempted to see them again at the Glasshouse in Pomona this April. Unbelievably, tickets are still available and its such a small venue. But April is going to be busy and I'll see them at Coachella!

Puscifer 3/17 @ Fox Performing Arts
Radiohead @ Santa Barbara Bowl 4/14
Bon Iver @ Glasshouse 4/16
Coachella 4/20 & 4/22

Atari Teenage Riot is playing on 4/16 as well and that was a very tough call! Bon Iver wins because I've been living the album for the past month.

Lastly saw Saul Williams last night and he killed. The floor of the El Rey felt like it was rolling with the beat. Strongly considering doing the 2 hour drive to San Diego to catch it again.

dlb
03-13-2012, 02:21 AM
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds were the shit on Sunday! I don't know what it is, but every time I'm seeing either an Oasis concert or a Beady Eye/Noel one the atmosphere is just great. Everyone enjoying themselves, uplifting music and the city is filled with people from the UK, Ireland and Scotland. Perfect!

Looking forward to Mark Lanegan on thursday, espcially with Creature with the Atom Brain being the opener!

Good times!

Kid Charlemagne
03-13-2012, 12:53 PM
Went to see a free show with Japandroids, Kool Keith, Wavves, and Beach Fossils last night for SXSW. Japandroids were awesome, poor guys had been in Brazil on Saturday then flew to Austin just an hour before the show and hadn't gotten any sleep, they still killed it and played some new songs which sounded great. Kool Keith was alright, he took the stage 15 minutes late and only played for about 25 which sucked, but he did a couple of Dr. Octagon songs which was cool and his DJ was great. I've never seen so many people lose their shit to instrumentals of "The Next Episode" and "Killing Me Softly" and "What's Your Fantasy". Wavves were good. Apart from the beginning where they looked like they had no clue what was going on and took too much time to launch into a song, they would eventually pick it up and the lineup that Nathan has is pretty tight, this was probably as good as I've heard them sound. Beach Fossils were last and put on a good show. I felt bad because not many people were into them and left the showcase after Wavves, but they impressed me and have such a vast array of sound, I hope these guys make it.

Going back on Friday to see a day show with Built to Spill, Titus Andronicus, Purity Ring, Turquoise Jeep, Cloud Nothings, and We Were Promised Jetpacks.

Carpathian Psychonaut
03-14-2012, 03:33 AM
Saw Killing Joke last night.

Am somewhat destroyed this morning - bruises and no hearing in left ear.

Great night :D

sukey
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Bought a ticket to Reading - Foos, Black Keys, Eagles of Death Metal, the Horrors, the Gaslight Anthem and Band of Skulls sold it to me.

Deepvoid
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Looks like I'll be attending Heavy MTL 2012.

They've just announced the bands which includes System of a Down, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson, Gojira, Lamb of God, Suicidal Tendencies, Killswitch Engage, BTBAM
http://lineup.heavymtl.com/

Should be good.

Carpathian Psychonaut
03-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Just booked for the following on Saturday night, tucked away in one of the giant towers of the Tyne Bridge:-

Attila Csihar: A Scrying: First Action (NCL)

Csihar, the baritone voice of Sunn 0))) and Norwegian black metal pioneers Mayhem, creates his first ever intimate solo durational work. Inspired by the theatre, science and ancient mythology of alchemy, he performs a specially created text in the Enochian language within a scrying ritual. Central to alchemy, scryers often used bridges and towers as portals to access visions of the past or future. It was also considered as a way to communicate with God through Angels, which John Dee famously turned into the Enochian Dictionary in the 16th century.

In this radical new work Csihar connects together the North East landscape from Lindisfarne to the Tyne Bridge with past, present and future.

Limited capacity and advance booking recommended. Commissioned by AV Festival, produced by Paul Smith.

World Première.

Between seeing the Throbbing Gristle world première on Saturday and now this I'm somewhat spoilt at the moment!

coolguy
03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Paul McCartney monday... I guess it should be pretty sweet.

dlb
03-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Mark Lanegan delivered as expected last Thursday in Hamburg. I really had a great time and seeing Creature with the Atom Brain was also quite nice. :)

Kid Charlemagne
03-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Saw The Shins at an Austin City Limits taping last night and had a very good time. The new band James put together sounded great and the new songs sound terrific live. James Mercer's voice also translates well live and they seemed genuinely happy to be playing an actual show and not some bullshit event for SXSW. Avail yourself of the time to see them, this is the best they've sounded since Chutes Too Narrow.

sheepdean
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Booked:
Asian Dub Foundation
Scissor Sisters
Assemblage 23

Carpathian Psychonaut
03-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Just back from the Attila Csihar's "A Scrying: First Action" performance.

Wow.

Can't emote much more than that right now.

virushopper
03-24-2012, 09:59 PM
The Big Pink and IO Echo next month

sheepdean
03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Just booked:
The Zombies
Rae Morris (for the second time this year!)

sheepdean
03-30-2012, 09:19 AM
Just booked tickets to see Lil B, The Based God.

dlb
04-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Went to see Corrosion of Conformity today. While I wasn't too familiar with the main act the two opening bands pretty much blew me out of the water. Zoroaster and Black Cobra simply delivered. Great shows by all three of them and I'll gladly take the offer to see either of them on their own headlining tour!

Coming up: Killing Joke at the end of the month and then Red Fang together with Black Tusk! I also got my tickets for the Black Keys in December! While I was a bit underwhelmed a couple of months ago I still enjoy the hell out of Auerbachs guitar work!

AND: Mark Lanegan is returning to Europe for the summer so it's my duty to join him once again! Can't get enough of him these days! :)

virushopper
04-14-2012, 08:48 PM
A Place to Bury Strangers in June!

Alexandros
04-23-2012, 07:34 AM
A friend took me to see Shearwater a couple of nights ago when they were playing in a small club in Athens. I didn't know them at all, except for one or two videos I saw before the gig. Anyway, they kicked serious ass. And I was told afterwards that their live performance was much more "rock" than melodic, for which they are normally known. I had no problem with that, the rockier parts were what I enjoyed the most. Oh, and Jonathan Meiburg has an amazing voice!

A very nice surprise overall.

dlb
04-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Atari Teenage Riot is playing here on Saturday for free. I hope word hasn't made it's way round town too much, so it won't be too crowded. The place is pretty small and I can already here the storm coming. Should be fun!:D

sheepdean
04-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Booked:
Electric Six 10th Anniversary concert - the first concert I'll ever go to that's not in my city
Sparks

simonn
04-27-2012, 05:35 PM
So far this year, got tickets for:-

Guns n Roses - O2 London
Marilyn Manson - Brixton Academy
Faith No More - Hammersmith Apollo

Haven't seen any of them in the last 20 years, so should be interesting...!

henryeatscereal
04-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Im about to leave to watch Roger Waters for the third time...

dlb
04-28-2012, 04:02 AM
man, Killing Joke absolutely killed it last night in Munich. Can't wait to see them again. Geordie is such an underrated guitar player... What a blast! :)

On the other hand I think I won't quite make it to the Atari Teenage Riot show tonight. I'm just too exhausted and also feeling a bit sick today. We'll see...

EDIT: ah fuck, despite feeling really awful I still went and what can I say? They fucking nailed it! The place was PACKED as it was a free show and they went all out. Way over curfew. What an amazing show. Personally I like Alec's solo work better, but today really made me apreciate ATR so much more. Nic Endo is so adorable, yet she kicks all kinds of ass. And Rowdy is a real nice addition to the band. I like him even more than CX. What a great show!

carpenoctem
04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
M83 this month! I have a feeling this is the last chance I'll get to see him before he totally explodes onto the (relative) mainstream. As it is, the tickets sold out in under a minute and they had to add a show the next night to compensate. I think my friend went to a scalper because the tickets were not cheap.

the duder
04-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah I've scooped 2 tix to see M83 here in Buffalo for a week from today. I saw them in Stockholm at Debaser back in '08 and they destroyed the place. Honestly. Can't. Wait. Also, St. Vincent is playing the same venue on Saturday, which I'm planning on going to as well.

Looks like those might be the last 2 shows I see this year - aside from cover bands down at the beach - and it's been a great one for shows. Since May of last year I've seen, and counting the 2 this week:

- Blind Pilot
- Deftones (2x)
- Dillinger Escape Plan (4x)
- Ghost
- The Head and the Heart
- M83
- Mastodon (2x)
- Opeth
- Red Fang
- St. Vincent
- Thao and the Get Down Stay Down

Not too shabby, and the most I've ever been to.

profane
04-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I'll be going mental on A Place To Bury Strangers this Thursday, Friday and Saturday! CAN. NOT. WAIT.
Edit: I simply cannot contain myself! :banghead:

richardp
05-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I saw M83 last night in some like 6-700 people maximum club and it was fucking astonishing. One of the best shows I have ever seen, period.

sukey
05-03-2012, 05:09 AM
So far this year, got tickets for:-

Faith No More - Hammersmith Apollo

Haven't seen any of them in the last 20 years, so should be interesting...!

Also going to this. Saw them when they first reformed at Brixton and then at Reading, they will not disappoint!

orestes
05-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I saw M83 last night in some like 6-700 people maximum club and it was fucking astonishing. One of the best shows I have ever seen, period.

Hey, I was at that show, too! Did you see the new dates posted for fall?

richardp
05-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Hey, I was at that show, too! Did you see the new dates posted for fall?

Nice! It was so awesome.
I did. I wish it was coming back to KC, but I may just have to take a road trip to see them again.

profane
05-04-2012, 04:22 AM
A Place To Bury Strangers were awesome in Maastricht. Super small venue, about 70 people. I was so close I almost smashed my head onto the bass. I said thank you when they were done and was told by mr Lunadon I was awesome and he shook my hand. Seeing them again in Antwerp tonight!

Edit: lots of t-shirts, drumsticks, hangovers and I want a new neck please.

Awesome nights indeed.

Swykk
05-10-2012, 02:01 AM
Donald "Childish Gambino" Glover kicked ass tonight in Chicago! New stuff was played and sounded awesome plus I got to hear my two favorites---All The Shine and Sunrise.

sukey
05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Grimes on Monday in Glasgow - short set but quite good. Could tell she's not used to playing to big crowds, but she's very endearing.

Garbage last night in London - amazing, mostly played the old stuff which was good and Shirley has still totally got it. Hearts in my eyes for her.

frankie teardrop
05-10-2012, 09:53 AM
i like hearing that last bit a lot.

Swykk
05-13-2012, 04:06 AM
AndyD and Electric Six killed tonight at the Double Door in Chicago. Electric Six played a set then did Fire in its entirety and recorded this for a live album (Minnesota was recorded as well, but I wasn't at that one).

allegro
05-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Fucking NATO in town this weekend screwed up our season Saturday CSO tickets, so now we're moved to this Thursday, instead.

http://cso.org/TicketsAndEvents/EventDetails.aspx?eid=4214

profane
05-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Steven Wilson and his band of fantastic (really out of this world) musicians (the man himself obviously also applies to that description) were very great in Brussels. The new song (Luna... I forgot) was epic, told us the third album is in the works, very promising. Only downpoint was people in front of us talking during songs and other people going in and out to get beer. Wtf? So when a song is too long and you clearly are bored you say hey let's get a refill?
But ok, I was too struck with the grandeur going on onstage to be really distracted by that. It was outstanding!

henryeatscereal
05-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Steven Wilson and his band of fantastic (really out of this world) musicians (the man himself obviously also applies to that description) were very great in Brussels. The new song (Luna... I forgot) was epic, told us the third album is in the works, very promising. Only downpoint was people in front of us talking during songs and other people going in and out to get beer. Wtf? So when a song is too long and you clearly are bored you say hey let's get a refill?
But ok, I was too struck with the grandeur going on onstage to be really distracted by that. It was outstanding!
I saw him live last month, it was awesome, great live band, beautiful visuals and a unique experience.
I also don't understand assholes talking between songs and just not paying attention to the concert altogether, if you just want to drink go to the pub for christ sake...

ManBurning
05-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Going to Roger Waters "The Wall Live" on Saturday. After experiencing the mammoth show Rammstein put on recently, no rock show will ever be able to top that, however, "The wall live" seems like a pretty goddamn close worthy contender, it should be quite the experience.

Archive_Reports
05-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Picking up tickets to see Helmet in August. I haven't gone the past few times they've been here, but something tells me I may not get too many more chances.

spiralout
05-26-2012, 01:51 AM
Saw Morrissey last saturday......was amazing.

theimage13
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
About to go see Rhapsody of Fire. Oh yes.

Sutekh
05-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Benga's first solo show in the UK on Sunday (@ Camden KOKO)

cannot wait!

darktemplar007
05-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Saw Thrice with Animals as Leaders yesterday. It's Thrice's farewell tour. Whether you like them or not (as I'm sure some here don't) they put on a phenomenal show.

Animals as Leaders is inhuman to see live.

Archive_Reports
05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Animals as Leaders is inhuman to see live.

I saw Animals as Leaders last November with Between the Buried and Me. It was, in fact, craziness.

sentient02970
06-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Simone Dinnerstein did a free concert in Randolph, VT last night. I took my 10 year old daughter. It was amazing.

henryeatscereal
06-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Going to see Mogwai for the fourth time, next Tuesday, yay!

zaps30
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM
As of now my summer concert schedule is thin.

June 28th - Ours (most likely, not 100% sure I'm going)
July 24 - Liars (tickets in-hand)

miss k bee
06-03-2012, 06:25 PM
The Applecart Festival, went to see Scritti Politti who were excellent!. Got to hear Adam Ant sing Physical as well!

Soma
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Volunteered for a free ticket and camping at Wakarusa this year... I was tripping balls for Primus. Twas probably the most overwhelming and intense experience I've ever felt... I feel like a lot of my future income is going to end up towards Primus tickets! Saw a lot of other acts, but none that were near as powerful.

Cameron
06-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Beirut - Asheville, NC (Dec. 5) @ The Orange Peel. -- Going with a friend of mine.

A little late I know, but I was at that!

aggroculture
06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Merzbow last night: fuck ing Awe some

Sutekh
06-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Benga's first solo show in the UK on Sunday (@ Camden KOKO)

cannot wait!

It were reet grand. And goldie showed up at the end, closed proceedings with a quick 1 hour set. Benga will be massive one day

Pillfred
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
http://www.knotfest.com/

Appears like it may be a good show and for a pretty cheap price as well.

ViN
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I went to see Radiohead a couple nights ago, was a great concert with a fantastic light show. The next concert I'm getting tickets to is Cannibal Corpse and Between the Buried And Me. Should be a rager.

dlb
06-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Saw the Atomic Bitchwax last night. Small place, quite short set, but still very nice. Great little concert!

theimage13
06-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Never really listened to Jill Scott before, but after listening to the band rehearse for the upcoming shows....dang. Might have to go see her in Philly or DC later this month. That drummer could give Josh a run for his money.

Stereo75
06-11-2012, 06:26 PM
I finally, finally, FINALLY get to spend 'An Evening With The Cowboy Junkies' - Monday, June 25th @ The West End Cultural Centre - Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. If you're not already going, you should be.

cicatriz
06-13-2012, 06:24 PM
I saw D'Angelo's first live US show in 12 years last Saturday. I WIN THE THREAD.

theimage13
06-15-2012, 08:46 AM
Derp, nevermind.

virushopper
06-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Metric in October

hologram parade
06-17-2012, 08:47 PM
David Byrne & St Vincent - Sep 16th
Grizzly Bear - Oct 1st
Beach House - Oct 10th

Blackbookpress1984
06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Kirkland and hit the lights last friday on Dekalb IL
The Asthetic in Chicago this friday
Counterpunch next month in Chicago

sukey
06-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Saw Jack White last night - it was a spur of the moment decision but so happy I made it! He was amazing, best gig I've seen so far this year.

virushopper
06-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Just won tickets to see the Hundred in the Hands at the echo tomorrow night!

Kid Charlemagne
06-26-2012, 11:14 PM
Tons of awesome shows coming up. Ariel Pink in September. Animal Collective in September, and a co-headlining show by The Walkmen and Beach House as well. Also got David Byrne and St. Vincent in November. Also taking a trip to Red Rocks in August to see My Morning Jacket/ Band of Horses/ Trombone Shorty on two consecutive nights. Then Neil Young and Crazy Horse with Alabama Shakes on two nights.

theimage13
06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Going to be seeing Mary J Blige in Atlantic City this week/next week. Even if you're not a fan (I'd never actually listened to her), this is going to be a fantastic show if you've got the time and money. Her band is absurd, and her pipes aren't exactly rusty, either.

blackholesun
06-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Russian Circles, And So I Watch You From Afar and Deafheaven tonight. Such a great lineup. A bunch of stuff coming up. Codeine, Refused, Tallest Man on Earth, Beach House, Animal Collective, Swans, Grizzly Bear. Can't afford all this haha

frankie teardrop
06-29-2012, 03:50 PM
seeing these guys tonight, reunion show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XQIT1_oKVY

demgoth
06-29-2012, 09:28 PM
This week was busy..

Saturday 6/23 - Orion Fest in Atlantic City, NJ - Cage The Elephant, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, and Metallica (Ride The Lightning set). missed Fucked Up though and was a little disappointed at that..

Sunday 6/24 - Orion Fest in Atlantic City, NJ - A Place To Bury Strangers, Ghost, Gary Clark Jr., Torche, Jim Bruer, Titus Andronicus, and Metallica (The Black Album set).

Tuesday 6/26 - moe. at Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club at South St. Seaport, NYC. awesome venue to see a show, right on the water near the Brooklyn Bridge.

Thursday 6/28 - Tenacious D at Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC

tomorrow Saturday 6/30 - Tenacious D at Festival Pier, Philadelphia

dlb
07-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Went to see Warpaint with some girls from university and holy fuck am I in love with Jenny Lee Lindberg right now. Phew! Much better experience than I expected!

The day before that I went to the annual Tito & Tarantula concert and after 4 years in a row I finally got the chance to talk to Tito himself after meeting up with pretty much everyone who's played with thim since then. Caroline even recognized me and gave me her bass picks. Good times as always and waaaay to much Gin Tonic and beer. Worth every penny and headache though.

Coming up: Kylesa, Baroness, Electric Wizard and finally Mark Lanegan on my birthay although I've seen him already this year and then I'm considering A Place to Bury Strangers in September.

I also got tickets in advance for the Rob Zombie / Marilyn Manson show as well as for the Black Keys in December while a friend of mine keeps begging me to go see Motörhead & Anthrax with him. I might go.

Archive_Reports
07-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Periphery and Between the Buried and Me (plus more) on 08.18 in Louisville. BLAM!

Ruined
07-29-2012, 01:46 AM
Just got back from DJ Shadow's first show in his hometown (Sacramento) in 6 years. It was cool that "Lateef The Thruth Speaker" showed up as a guest. Shadow also played premiered a new song for us. In all, a great time!http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/mvalencia_/DJShadow1.jpg

Kid Charlemagne
07-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I saw the Avett Brothers last night. A decent show even if the venue and my date sucked. I didn't realize how popular they were though, especially with bros and rednecks. But shit, if I wasn't impressed by the fact that they have a cello player and a upright bass player literally rocking the shit out of those instruments like they were Aaron North or some shit. I don't know if I'd drop $40 to go see them again and I'm probably past the phase in my life where I should totally be in to Alt-Country, but those dudes brought it, and I totally get it. I wasn't even bothered too much from the rapping on "Slight Figure of Speech" because they made up with it when they rocked the shit out of "Kick Drum Heart".

Space Suicide
07-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I saw the Avett Brothers last night. A decent show even if the venue and my date sucked. I didn't realize how popular they were though, especially with bros and rednecks. But shit, if I wasn't impressed by the fact that they have a cello player and a upright bass player literally rocking the shit out of those instruments like they were Aaron North or some shit. I don't know if I'd drop $40 to go see them again and I'm probably past the phase in my life where I should totally be in to Alt-Country, but those dudes brought it, and I totally get it. I wasn't even bothered too much from the rapping on "Slight Figure of Speech" because they made up with it when they rocked the shit out of "Kick Drum Heart".

Their hometown is a little under 30 minutes from where I live. I cannot ever, ever stop hearing about this band. Odd thing is...I've never listened to them. I have heard they put on a good show and are energetic.

In uneventful news, Nickelshit had a concert here Friday night. Fack. We rarely get good shows. Only a few here and there.

konstantin
07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Charli XCX last night was pretty awesome. seeing The Big Pink tonight.

henryeatscereal
07-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Wednesday: Metallica

Mech
08-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Seeing Quixotic Fusion in Kansas City in less than 2 weeks. My friend (who promotes them) has been raving about it for a while now and I finally checked them out. It's pretty chill music but the entire show is a lot like Cirque Du Soleil. Check em out! (http://quixoticfusion.com/) They have a couple of their albums on Spotify as well, if you just want some nice and calming background music.

fixate
08-01-2012, 09:41 AM
M83 and Big Black Delta, TONIGHT!

Jinsai
08-14-2012, 07:04 PM
on my way out the door to see Dead Can Dance for the first time

xmd 5a
08-15-2012, 07:09 AM
SWANS, My Bloody Valentine and Einsturzende Neubauten within a 48 hour period in Februrary next year. This'll be my first real concert/festival experience too. Needless to say, I couldn't be more excited.

Jinsai
08-15-2012, 03:31 PM
SWANS, My Bloody Valentine and Einsturzende Neubauten within a 48 hour period in Februrary next year. This'll be my first real concert/festival experience too. Needless to say, I couldn't be more excited.

Wow, what festival is this?

Though just a suggestion... If you want to enjoy MBV's set, bring some super hardcore ear protection... Like, earplugs + those ear muffs worn by air traffic controllers (or people at shooting ranges). No joke. They get so obscenely loud it actually gets terrifying.

Sutekh
08-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Went to see Warpaint with some girls from university and holy fuck am I in love with Jenny Lee Lindberg right now. Phew! Much better experience than I expected!

"bees" is much better live, much dreamier & the bass sounds really different. They did 2 sets at glastonbury either last year or the year before (lol) and pulled off what was to my mind, the best version ever

xmd 5a
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Wow, what festival is this?

http://www.atpfestival.com/sized/files/img/events2/20130216-melbourneb_670x0.jpg

And yeah, I'll definitely look into the ear protection.

henryeatscereal
08-15-2012, 05:29 PM
^just add Nick Cave and im so going to that one!

Highly Psychological
08-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Was amazing to witness Liz Fraser of the Cocteau Twins perform her first performance since 1996 last week. At Anthony Hegartys Meltdown.

She played seven or eight Cocteau Twins songs, plus the This Mortal Coil, Tim Buckley cover Song to the Siren....(she nearly married Jeff too!)

Was very lovely to hear her ridiculously long awaited new material but i really really wished Robin Guthrie had been up there on stage too. Him and her in my eyes created a sound which did something very powerful to me and many others, without him she is just a voice and a lot of the mystery and beauty that made them utterly one of a kind and unique is gone.
The only problem with the gig was her voice, she is 49 so its not going to be as good as it was 30 years ago, but the woman is famously shy playing in front of 15.000 people for your first gigs is probably not the best idea.
Her voice was too quiet at the gig it sounded like she was whispering a few times, im sure on record it was sound much better, but really i went to see a very rare event from living legend whom i doubt will perform very often in the future.
Hearing the Cocteau Songs did it for me Domino and Blue Bell Knoll being the highlights. People travelled all over the world New Zealand, loads from Japan, California, Brazil, to go to the gig she has that kind of fanbase, saw so many music legends mingling after gig it was a big, big event.

dlb
08-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Went to see Mark Lanegan for the second time this year on Tuesday.

The gig itself was a bit disappointing, but that was the venue's fault. Mark was spot on as always, but looked more tired than usual. Got to talk to him afterwards though and had some stuff signed. Cool guy, firm handshake and a kind soul. Perfect start into my birthday at midnight!

Coming up: Refused in October and I'm moving some stuff around so I can go and see A Place to Bury Strangers later in September. :)

sukey
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Going to see Garbage twice in two days in France in November because I miss following bands around obsessively (*cough NIN cough QOTSA cough*).

Jinsai
08-29-2012, 07:09 PM
so... the FYF set times have been released. I expected conflicts, but this is really frustrating.

Pains of Being Pure at Heart are playing at the same time as Fucked Up. M83 is at the same time as Quicksand. Converge is at the same time as Health. Dinosaur Jr is at the same time as Liars and Glass Candy.

I guess I'll be siding with Fucked Up, M83, Converge, and Dinosaur Jr.

bobbie solo
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM
well, that makes me feel better about missing this.

frankie teardrop
08-30-2012, 10:25 AM
dead can dance tonight at the beacon theatre. have been looking forward to this for MONTHS.

allegro
08-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Saw them last week in Chicago.

Hazekiah
08-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Wasn't sure WHERE to put this.

So I bused from Chicago to L.A. about two weeks ago to see Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger of The Doors playing with Marilyn Manson at the Sunset Strip Music Festival, and it turned out our one-day-tickets got us into all the clubs on the strip, too!

So suddenly I'm enjoying a post-show whiskey drink at the Whiskey-a-Go-Go kind in disbelief I'm even there and thinking back to being a kid wishing I could see Guns N' Roses there and all that. Except instead Far East Movement starts a superlate surprise set and I was there with a blank tape anyway so I said fuck it and recorded them even though wasn't too into it.

We were just about to blow off their encore completely when they brought out Warren fucking G of all people and did "Regulate," lol.

Security was thick and shutting people down with their cameraphones the whole time so I just did kept my camcorder stowed and pulled out the mic.

Pretty good stuff, though...stereo mic right between their speaker stacks!

So here you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r57alYMAlVI

:)

Madmya
08-31-2012, 09:41 AM
I just got tickets to Refused at their Brisbane gig! *dances*

P.S. Hairy member is so accurate.

hologram parade
09-02-2012, 08:56 AM
My fall schedule:

Saul Williams (Madison, WI)
David Byrne & St Vincent (Milwaukee, WI)
Grizzly Bear (Minneapolis, MN)
Beach House (Milwaukee, WI)
Crystal Castles/HEALTH (Minneapolis,MN)

Jinsai
09-03-2012, 03:26 AM
FYF fest was fucking exhausting, and I really don't know what to make of it. James Blake was pretty awesome, Dinosaur Jr were great, Refused were amazing, HEALTH was really good... and, maybe something is off with me, or maybe it was the sound systems and mixing, but I didn't walk away with a lasting impression from any of the other 40 or so bands that I ran around to see.

Usually at these festivals I take it easy, but at this one, I was constantly on the move, and constantly underwhelmed. And now I'm just beaten, tired, and sunburnt

Soma
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Tickets for Primus 3D just came in :D i am extremely stoked.

Deadpool
09-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I got a whole shit ton of shows to look forward to this Fall:

-Amon Tobin: ISAM v2.0 on Sept 13th (Montclair, NJ). The first time he toured for ISAM was one of the best live shows I've ever seen, and 2.0 has actually expanded the size of the physical installation (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/premiere-amon-tobins-isam-live-2-0-tour-20120831). It's gonna be nuts.
-Austra on Sept. 19th (Brooklyn).
-Neon Trees and Walk The Moon on Sept. 20th (NYC).
-School of Seven Bells on Sept. 29th (Hoboken, NJ).
-M83 on Oct. 4th (Montclair, NJ).
-The xx and Chairlift on Oct. 28th (NYC). Fucking killer double bill. Actually has a chance of overshadowing the last time I saw The xx when Warpaint opened for them.

Those are all the shows I have tickets for right now, but I'm still considering going to a bunch of others: Stars, Free Dominguez, The Raveonettes, 2:54, Ultraista, Matthew Dear, etc.

Iran_Ed
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Godspeed You! Black Emperor 10/3
Swans 10/12
That is all

Swykk
09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Deftones 10-23
The Birthday Massacre 11-01

spiralout
09-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Saw the first show of Henry Rollins' capitalism tour last night. He went 2 and a half hours, while barely taking a breath. It was pretty amazing. Henry Rollins for president please.

dlb
09-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Rollins' a blast! Saw him earlier this year which was just as good as my first time seeing him in 2009. Spectacular how he can hold the attention for so long.

Went to see the Dum Dum Girls on Saturday which was a nice surprise. I won tickets on the radio so this was a cheap, but very great evening!

Tomorrow: Japandroids, Crocodiles & Dirty Beaches (yet again another show that I got tickets for on the radio. Should be fun aswell!)

Oh and I hate Anthony Bourdain for making me want to go to SXSW in Austin next year and spend a gazillion € there. Looks like I'll have to travel there on my own though since none of my friends want to join me on good music and insane BBQ... :/

WorzelG
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Really peeved to discover Ultravox played Bristol last Friday and we could probably have gone had I known

konstantin
09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
tonight at a DIY venue in Baltimore: Grimes w/ Elite Gymnastics and Myths
tomorrow: same, only in DC
SUPER PSYCHED!

ManBurning
09-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Lots of stuff coming up for me...

Sept 29 - Garbage
Oct 7 - Smashing Pumpkins
Oct 14 - Imperative Reaction
Nov. 7 - Dope Stars Inc.
Nov. 13 - The Faint

Jinsai
09-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Wilco w/ Joanna Newson @ the Hollywood Bowl this Sunday
Amon Tobin w/ Holy Other 10/12
Afghan Whigs 11/10
Tame Impala 11/17

hoping I can see Peter Gabriel... need to keep an eye on that

Alpha 60
09-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Excited to check out Lower Dens, Frankie Rose, and Grizzly Bear among others tomorrow 9-29.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-28-2012, 11:36 PM
Shit, I'm booked the next two months.

Silversun Pickups - Oct 14th

Deftones and Scars On Broadway - October 30th

Bassnectar - November 17th

Dance Gavin Dance and A Lot Like Birds - November 23rd

konstantin
09-29-2012, 02:47 PM
pics from last night's concert of Grimes with Elite Gymnastics and Myths @ the Coward Shoe Building in Baltimore: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4531721569646.2188312.1189203635&type=1&l=3c4ccc63b7

TheyCallMeDrug
09-30-2012, 07:49 PM
ive been packing them in recently. this past week had two gallants, action bronson, meyhem lauren, danny brown, schoolboy q, asap rocky, reggie watts, sarah silverman

upcoming shows are
primus 3d
grimes
menomena
deftones
dredg - el ceilo
the xx
das racist, lakutis

great year for shows, especially rap, so far.

Kid Charlemagne
09-30-2012, 11:51 PM
I saw Animal Collective on Friday night, holy shit it was probably the best show I've seen all year.

millionmilesaway
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
saw Jack White Friday night, first concert I've been to in a while. was excellent except for the fact that the arena didn't have the best sound acoustics, that and playing a song made for two instruments with seven instruments makes the sound a bit garbled. Glad he played the entire show plus encore instead of what NY got

frankie teardrop
10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
peter gabriel at jones beach was a mostly awesome affair. while so is far from my favorite record, there was enough great material padding the front and the back of the show to make it extra worthwhile.

Pillfred
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Thinking on going to check out Local H later tonight.

Jinsai
10-02-2012, 04:51 PM
peter gabriel at jones beach was a mostly awesome affair. while so is far from my favorite record, there was enough great material padding the front and the back of the show to make it extra worthwhile.

I've been really tempted to go, but tickets are pretty expensive. You'd say it's worth it?

frankie teardrop
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
yes. the visuals are incredible and the band sounds in top form, could have done without the two piano tunes, but otherwise the rest of the show was well orchestrated, sounded great, and was a lot of fun.

dlb
10-03-2012, 09:24 AM
went to see Refused yesterday and what can I say: it was awesome! definitely the best concert so far this year and I doubt anything in the next two months will come close. I had a blast!

coming up until the end of the year:

- Colour Haze
- Smoke Blow
- Triggerfinger
- Meshuggah
- Richard Hawley
- Rob Zombie
- the Black Keys

Maul
10-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Bought my ticket today for the Seether show in November.I'm glad they're playing in Spain!

decadent
10-03-2012, 12:12 PM
went to see Refused yesterday and what can I say: it was awesome! definitely the best concert so far this year and I doubt anything in the next two months will come close. I had a blast!

I was thinking to write you a PM to have a beer, but it was a hectic couple of weeks and somehow I was already at the place when I rememberd. Anyway - concert of the year for me too! There was such an energy, down in the pit it was crazy and fucking hot, but still people all around me didn`t stop to mosh for a second. And man, is the band in top form or what? It`s sad that we will probably never see them again, but in the same time it is the best way to call it a day - with a BANG!

witte
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Planned concerts:
crippled black phoenix (oct)
liars (nov)
swans (nov)
crystal castles (dec)
atari teenage riot (dec)

sukey
10-04-2012, 08:31 AM
I think November might be the best month of the year for me in live music terms: M83, James Blake, Japandroids, Robyn, Animal Collective, Fuck Buttons, Jessie Ware, The Tallest Man on Earth, Grizzly Bear, Twin Shadow, TEED, Disclosure, the xx, Garbage x2. Fucking bring it on.

dlb
10-05-2012, 03:33 AM
No worries, we left pretty early after the show since we were all fighting off a cold and getting our last breaths together for the pit certainly wasn't a good idea, but still this had to be done in the right fashion. After all it was Refused we were seeing. I also believe that this was their first and last joint on this tour when it comes to Munich or Germany. It felt soooo good to finally get to hear these songs and live and even if I'm a second-gen Refused fan I listened the shit out of the last album for almost 10 years. liberation frequency and summerholidays & punkroutine are the shit and I think I have never in my life rocked out so hard during a song like hook, line & sinker. Just amazing! But what was going on with the second opening band? Terrible Feelings? Yeah, certainly! Mary's Kids were alright although they are ultimately not my direction, but they did well and their guitarist knew how to use the stage.

I'm a bit sad it got changed into the Backstage though. I've never knowingly been to the Kesselhaus before so I'd have loved to see them there.

Give me a shoutout next time and I'm sure we will get to catch a beer and chat!

decadent
10-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I was also listening to the album all these years and never ever expected Refused to make a reunion so when they announced it it was like somebody would tell me Cobain is back from the dead and Nirvana will play a couple of shows. The good thing is they really nail down the songs and Dennis voice is better then ever, which cannot be taken for granted after all this time. Hehe we seem to have the same taste, Summerholidays vs Punkroutine is my favorite song, I went nuts when they started it. And I got a "We want the airwaves back"-T-shirt, which turned out to be a very good decision as there wasn`t a dry piece of cloth on me after the show. My girfriend was also sick and was staying on the higher stairs so she could make a few videos. Unfortunately my phone cannot handle the loud bass and I have nice HD-videos but shitty sound...

Mary`s Kids were ok, the other band just didn`t fit at all in the bill...

Kesselhaus is a very cool location, saw Deftones there and as far as I remember it wasn`t that hot in the pit.

Next gig is Rob Zombie/Manson, will give you a shout.

dlb
10-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Is the Backstage a bigger location? I don't think so and I was quite surprised that no one else seemed to care for Refused when I arrived there. Empty as fuck, but that fortunately changed after Mary's Kids.

Yeah, see you in December! Should be fun!

konstantin
10-05-2012, 07:52 PM
10/6 - Virgin FreeFest w/ Skrillex, M83, Jack White, Das Racist, etc.
10/11 - How to Dress Well
10/12 - Perfume Genius
10/29 - Squarepusher w/ Mount Kimbie
10/30 - The xx
11/13 - Death Grips

DC may suck but there's always a shitload of concerts to go to.

bobbie solo
10-06-2012, 12:52 AM
DC doesn't suck. I'm from NYC and i LOVE DC.

Kid Charlemagne
10-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Saw David Byrne and St. Vincent last night and it was easily the best show I've seen. The brass band for the both of them added new dimensions to all their songs and Annie and David were in top form. Annie especially since she was catering to the hometown crowd. David's voice is still awesome and he can still dance around. But each song got us dancing and moving and the crowd ate it up. When you're closing your encores with "Burning Down the House" and "Road to Nowhere" respectively, you're going to have a shitload of fun, and I had just that.

Sutekh
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
Just saw radiohead in london!

Highlights;
airbag
android
everything in its right place
I might be wrong
planet telex
there there
the gloaming
national anthem
street spirit
idioteque

Absolutely amazing light show

decadent
10-10-2012, 03:28 AM
Going to see them next Monday! I really hope to get Street spirit and Idioteque as well :rolleyes:

fortheloveofgod
10-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Took in M83 and Sleigh Bells in Richmond recently. Say what you say about Sleigh Bells. They are fun live.

Jinsai
10-13-2012, 05:56 AM
just saw Amon Tobin. Was pretty undeniably great.

Iran_Ed
10-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Went to see Swans in DC last night. I thought Michael Gira was going to break something the way he jumps and dances on stage.

bobbie solo
10-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Silversun Pickups, Atlas Genius and Cloud Nothings tonight in NYC at shitty, shitty T5. ugh.

blackholesun
10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Saw Calexico and The Dodos last night. Blown away by how good each band was.

Converge up on Friday!

After that I got Balmorhea, Tame Impala, Neurosis and Sunn O)))

spiralout
10-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Record breaking show by The Melvins tonight!!

GoodSoldier333
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Has nobody seen The Smashing Pumpkins on this tour? Nobody?

the duder
10-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Gonna see Holy Fuck with mah girlfriend in B-Lo Saturday night! Can't wait!

SM Rollinger
10-30-2012, 11:30 AM
saw Die fokken Antwoord week before last in Kansas City, also finally had a chance to use my Tascam to tape a live show. Now i understand why people are so passionate about shows they haved taped themself. :)

thefragile_jake
10-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Next couple of shows next month...

TRUST - November 6th
Japandroids - November 20th
How to Dress Well - November 25th

isak
11-05-2012, 06:09 AM
not sure where to put this, but I have two tickets to go see Cloud Nothings in London, not sure of the support, I can't make it simply because I can't afford to get to London and back anymore (I live near Newcastle). I seen them earlier in the year at Beacons festival, and thought they were absolutely incredible live, so bought these London tickets without really thinking about it. It's on the 10th, and I have 2 tickets just lying around that won't be getting used, the tickets were £12 each but I'd be happy to shift them for £5 each, so they're at least getting used. PM me if interested!

EDIT: Actually, just checked the tickets and it's tomorrow! Probably no reliable way to get them to anyone in time. Anyone that's remotely interested should still definitely go see them, easily one of the best live bands I've ever seen.

kitz
11-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I know that nobody cares, but my list for 2013 is getting better and better

Febr 26th- Crystal Castles
March 4th - Kaizers Orchestra
March 8th - Amanda Palmer

fucking awesome!

BlueCalx
11-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Saint Etienne in Seattle put on the second-best show I've ever seen. Was two feet from Sarah, got to high-five Pete at the end. Brilliant.

Alexandros
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Watched Ty Segall last night. Gave it all they got, it was a pretty good show.

Jinsai
11-11-2012, 05:18 PM
saw The Afghan Whigs last night. Was epic and great.

Morad
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm seeing Bob Dylan on Wednesday, which is a dream come true for me. Just imagine it: I'm this little kid in Tehran that has been listening to this man for all my life, and I finally get to see him and experience his music in person. It's unbelievable. I don't even care if it's "old Dylan" or that he seems to "not care" anymore. It's still Bob Dylan, and I love the modern Dylan. Everything he's done since 1997 has been pure gold, I think. (The Christmas album... Well, it was for a golden cause at least.)

And I got to see Amanda Palmer on Friday night. I had seen her previously in 2010 with Evelyn Evelyn and never in my life did I think I could have such a great emotional experience all over again. Her shows are so unique. You feel like you're a part of something special - and you are. This show was even better than the last one, and, this doesn't happen often, but it brought me to absolute tears many times during the set. I recommend her shows to everybody. Even if you're not a fan, you'll enjoy your time there. I promise you.

(I wrote a review of the show too, and she was nice enough to give me a shout out for it too, and I don't mean to be flaunting links around everywhere, but it was a very special show to me, so if you're interested, here's my review (http://www.antiquiet.com/shows/2012/11/amanda-palmer-brings-the-beautiful-grand-cabaret-to-toronto/).)

darktemplar007
11-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Going to see Amanda Plamer tonight with the g/f. She's never seen her, and I haven't seen her since the Dresden Dolls back in 2007ish. Should be a blast.

Sutekh
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Going to see Voices, the new Akercocke project!

miss k bee
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Saw Alabama Shakes in London tonight.

Seeing Scritti Politti next month.

blackholesun
12-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Saw Sunn O))) last night. Quite an experience. Probably my last show for the year bringing the total tally to 30 shows this year. That's a lot for me haha

Blackbookpress1984
12-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Kill Hannah this Sautuday
Finch Next Month
And Allister returns to Chicago in March

FUCCCCK YES. (God I sound like I'm still 16) OH WELL :)

Kid Charlemagne
12-19-2012, 01:44 PM
2013 is shaping nicely, got shows with Drive By Truckers, Cat Power, The Hives, and The XX.

frankie teardrop
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
just saw leonard cohen last night. 3 hour show. incredible, despite a few dud songs throughout the night.

Highly Psychological
12-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Seeing Scritti Politti next month.

I cannot believe i missed this. Or did not hear anything about Scritti Politti reforming. Hopefully they are recording new material.

upcoming gigs....My Bloody Valentine, Killing Joke, The Stone Roses, Primal Scream, Godflesh.

miss k bee
12-21-2012, 05:26 AM
Erm they have been doing new stuff.

Kid Charlemagne
01-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Saw Cat Power last night. Her shows now are vastly different from those seven years ago. She's the consummate professional. Her voice was perfect, she had energy and her backup band was stellar. She even did a Pedro Infante cover which brought the fucking house down, and she ended the show by dancing to "New God Flow". I am in love with Chan, she's awesome, sincere and looks to have it all back on track.

henryeatscereal
01-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Going to watch Primus perform live next March, Wooooooooo!

bobbie solo
01-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Saw Hot Water Music, La Dispute & The Mezingers on Wed in Pawtucket. good mix of college crowd and retired punks. fun show.

Graveyard at Bowery Ballroom Friday. Dudes ripped it as usual! so tight. new bassist wasnt as entertaining as the dude with the drug problem that got booted.

VOD at Dingbatz in Clifton, NJ last night. finally got out to that shithole bar. Glad i can check it off the list. The sound was WAY too loud up front, but VOD was ON. Tim's screams are still solid, and everyone seemed into the show. I really like their newest album, and the material was well-received by the crowd. Shame they're not a full time band anymore.

bobbie solo
01-28-2013, 12:22 AM
up next...

Quicksand 1/31@Webster Hall

Gojira/Devin Towsend Band 2/8@Irving Plaza

Misery Signals/Remembering Never 2/9@Santo's

YOB 2/10 @Saint Vitus

Meshuggah/Animals As Leaders/Intronaut 2/15@Roseland

Disclosure 3/21@Bowery Ballroom

Anthrax 4/20@Irving

thefragile_jake
02-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Last Thursday I saw Yo La Tengo, they're one of my favorite bands of all time but the setlist they chose left a lot to be desired. Fade is an amazing record though regardless.....my list for stuff I'm going to in the St. Louis area looks like this so far...

Joan of Arc
Unknown Mortal Orchestra/Foxygen
Trust
Animal Collective/Dan Deacon
Wavves/FIDLAR in Chicago
Deerhoof
Kendrick Lamar (maybe)
The Men
Doldrums
Black Moth Super Rainbow

dlb
02-06-2013, 04:05 AM
This year looks good so far unlike my wallet, but I still got a few tricks up my sleeve:

Triggerfinger next week
BRMC in May
Miriam Bryant in April
Depeche Mode in June

And I missed Clutch a few weeks ago since it went sold out rather quickly. A guy on facebook asked if I wanted to do some promo in front of the venue before the concert and then go in for free, but I didn't see his message until the night. FML!

But here is hope that some other bands will hit the road around here soon. Thinking about Black Angels, Dillinger Escape Plan etc.

Jinsai
02-25-2013, 02:45 PM
going to see Matmos play in the cemetery tonight. Expectations are high.