PDA

View Full Version : The concerts thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

thefragile_jake
02-26-2013, 11:02 AM
This Saturday, I saw Tim Kinsella of Joan of Arc do a solo show. It's my highlight of the year so far.
Even got a setlist and a cd I bought signed by the man.

Wrote a review of the show here (http://kneehouse.tumblr.com/post/43882327211/last-night-kyle-and-i-went-to-go-see-tim).

allegro
02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Biggest concert excitement for us so far this year: we have Pearl Jam Wrigley Field tickets.

henryeatscereal
02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Upcoming:
- Primus
- The Cure
- Steven Wilson
- Stone Roses (i don't have a ticket for this one but im going to pretend i do!)

Kodiak33
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Biggest concert excitement for us so far this year: we have Pearl Jam Wrigley Field tickets.

Whoa. That will be awesome.

I'm going to see Fleetwood Mac in Louisville, followed by Soundgarden/Bush in Indy. Nothing else scheduled so far.

Jinsai
02-26-2013, 02:03 PM
the Matmos show yesterday was pretty amazing actually. I guess for some reason I thought they were much bigger than this though. The lodge at the cemetery wasn't even sold out, and it seemed like there was maybe a capacity of 100 at most?

blackholesun
02-26-2013, 02:34 PM
That sounds like an awesome show, Jinsai. I saw them a few years ago at an similar-sized outdoor venue and it wasn't even half full.

Most recent shows I've seen were Tycho and Yo La Tengo. Both were pretty good.

Seeing Caspian this weekend and then Maserati on Monday.

Sutekh
02-26-2013, 02:41 PM
got my tickets for public image in Brighton, Killing Joke in Kentish Town, Ghost (with gojira and defiled) in Brixton (for a fiver! yes) Carcass in Camden town (for five fucking 99... I shit you not, google "carcass underworld camden")

fucking SORTED

dlb
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Hmm, apart from Depche Mode and BRMC this year is pretty boring as of now. Went through a local event-paper, but somehow no band I'm interested in in the moment has any gigs planned for 2013. As stated earlier, I'm really hoping that DEP, Black Angels and maybe Tomahawk will release some dates. Or even KJ although I've seen them last year already.

aggroculture
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Trekking uptown to buy my Tomahawk ticket at the Best Buy Theater because $15 in online fees is a total rip-off.
Also, why the fuck can't you buy Best Buy Theater tickets...at Best Buy?

Sutekh
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
this year is pretty boring as of now

what about NIN playing one of your festivals!

edit - btw KJ are playing sets to promote their singles collection compilation this year...

peter
02-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Deftones tonight. Horrible venue (avoid Huxley's in Berlin at any costs!), weird crowd (too many hipsters), but all of that wouldn't have mattered if the band hadn't been in such a weird mood.

I saw them during the Diamond Eyes tour and they fucking blew me away, tonight, it seemed, they played every song at least 5-20bpm slower. They seemed to have a good time on stage, but only got "the" place second to last song. Idk if it is because it is the first leg of their tour, or everybody's mind is too much on their respective side-projects, but besides the bass-player everyone seemed not very into it. Especially the drummer. He was either sick, drunk or both, but his playing sucked bad.

For a band this good with a record this amazing tonight was underwhelming to say the least.

the duder
02-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Noooo! Hope they snap the fuck out of it by the time they roll through Rochester, NY on Monday!

Also, I WILL be one of the first to buy tix to see Dillinger when they roll through Buffalo and destroy the Town Ballroom. Hoping to catch them at least once more on this tour, and of course NIN once dates are announced.

Kid Charlemagne
02-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I saw Tame Impala last night and it was fantastic. The band sound great, they have energy, the crowd was grooving and the guys seem to love Austin, even telling us it was the biggest headline show they've played to in the states. The whole show had a very 70's vibe from the screens to the music to the look of the band. So far, this has been the best show I've seen all year.

kel
02-28-2013, 03:58 PM
treefort's gonna be fun this year. looking forward to seeing sharon jones and the dap kings, curious about animal collective, and ready to dance awkwardly to yacht for the second time.

virushopper
02-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Metz in April.

Boris in May.

kenthebear
03-01-2013, 05:58 AM
So I went to buy some tickets from Ticketmaster (only seller who actually had non-second tier tickets, obv) and saw some front block. Turns out they're so-called 'platinum' tickets and cost £300 each. This isn't getmein - those are the original prices.

In the words of Fred Durst, philosopher: 'who ruined all the music!?'

No wonder I barely go to any gigs now.

virushopper
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Ghost and Purity Ring in April.

Halo Infinity
03-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I really hope to see Killing Joke next month on April 19th, and I also hope to see Nine Inch Nails in either this year or next year.

thefragile_jake
03-10-2013, 01:11 PM
I went to go see Unknown Mortal Orchestra and Foxygen last night.

In my opinion, Foxygen stole the show...if you haven't listened to them they combine a classic rock sound with this weird MGMT/Flaming Lips psychadelic vibe. They were incredibly entertaining and the lead singer had these almost "rehearsed" freak out moments that reminded me of Ariel Pink's tantrums.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra was fine but the crowd seemed really bored with them at certain parts, I think it may have been the mixing at time. Plus, they covered Jay Reatard faithfully which was pretty wild to see. Even opening band Wampire covered Kratfwerk in full german, I was impressed.

Solid show last night regardless.

thefragile_jake
03-10-2013, 01:21 PM
My updated schedule:

TRUST
Animal Collective and Dan Deacon
JEFF the Brotherhood
Wavves and FIDLAR in Chicago
Deerhoof
The Men
Danny Brown and Kitty
Doldrums
Boris and Pallbearer
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Andrew W.K.

henryeatscereal
03-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Tomorrow im seeing Primus and i couldn't be more happier!

Swykk
03-11-2013, 11:55 AM
The Joy Formidable 04-02-13 @ The Vic
How To Destroy Angels 04-23-13 @ The Vic

kitz
03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
-Patrick Wolf on 27th February in Budapest. Phenomenal concert. I sat in the first row, met him afterwards. Amazing!
- Kaizers Orchestra on 4th March in Vienna. Standing in the first row. My favourite Norwegians.

gitterfehler
03-11-2013, 06:35 PM
- Black Light Burns on 8th februaray - very small venue, somewhat personal, unfortunately rather lame crowd. Met Wes Borland afterwards (as nearly everyone who didn't leave immediately).
- Rammstein twice in may - one rather small gig (1.400 visitors) in an old power station in Wolfsburg
- System of Down, August, Berlin

theimage13
03-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Presidents of the United States of America - doing their entire self titled album - in Philly next month.

If it weren't for going alone vs going with family or close friends, this might be my most highly anticipated show of the last five years. So excited for this!

the duder
03-12-2013, 06:37 AM
Dillinger Escape Plan in Buffalo on April 24
The Joy Formidiable in Orlando on May 6th

thefragile_jake
03-17-2013, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiKeaqERTU

I went to go see TRUST last night and not only was it the best show I've seen so far this year, it was probably one of the better overall performances I've seen in a long time. It made me realize how strong their record TRST was last year cause it's been awhile since I went to a show and was like "Oh, I love this song", "Oh I love THIS song", "No wait, this song rocks too!"....over and over with each song from their set.

An intense light show and a top notch sound, if TRUST is coming to your town any time soon...DO NOT sleep on these guys. Powerful stuff.

Timinator
04-02-2013, 10:47 PM
Good shows seen in the last few months:

Iggy and the Stooges (http://plummetonions.com/2013/04/03/iggy-and-the-stooges-at-the-hordern-pavilion/)
The Tallest Man on Earth (http://plummetonions.com/2013/03/06/the-tallest-man-on-earth-at-the-sydney-opera-house/)
Osaka Monaurail (http://plummetonions.com/2013/01/25/sydney-festival-osaka-monaurail-at-town-hall/)
First Aid Kit (http://plummetonions.com/2013/01/04/first-aid-kit-at-the-sydney-opera-house/)
John C. Reilly (http://plummetonions.com/2012/12/04/john-c-reilly-friends-at-the-factory-theatre/)
Joe Bonamassa (http://plummetonions.com/2012/10/06/joe-bonamassa-at-the-state-theatre/)

Coming up:
Bonnie Raitt
Black Sabbath
Kraftwerk

thefragile_jake
04-03-2013, 01:35 AM
I saw Wavves and FIDLAR the other night at Subterranean in Chicago. I'm from St. Louis obviously, so my friend and I took a Megabus to get there and stayed at a nice hotel which was an easy train ride away from the venue. I've seen Wavves before in 2010 at a free show and it was nuts, of course this was around the time King of the Beach was really huge and I loved that record...wasn't as impressed with the newer one so my excitement wasn't as big as it was to see FIDLAR whose self titled record is a fun garage/surf punk "FUCK YOU!" style of album that I've been digging a lot. Let's just say, my neck is killing me from this show, I've never jumped on stage and stage dived in my entire life...I've crowd surfed but I guess I just never felt the courage/need/balls to jump on stage into a bunch of people....that changed about seven, eight of nine times in the course of both FIDLAR and Wavves set. Wavves new album sounds so much better live and both bands put on one amazing punk rock show that I'll never forget.

Blackbookpress1984
04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Just got "hired" as a promoter for the Metro in Chicago. looks like i might be seeing HTDA for free. :) total fucking win.

Kodiak33
04-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Hey Blackbook, let me know if you hear of any aftershows for Lollapalooza...I saw Foo Fighters there a couple of years ago. Awesome show.

Blackbookpress1984
04-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey Blackbook, let me know if you hear of any aftershows for Lollapalooza...I saw Foo Fighters there a couple of years ago. Awesome show.

Sounds good. I will deffinately be keping my eyes peeld, as I just got comfirmation for friday lolla tickets. :)

Amaro
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm gonna be at Lollapalooza on day 1!!

Kodiak33
04-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Sounds good. I will deffinately be keping my eyes peeld, as I just got comfirmation for friday lolla tickets. :)

Nice! I got lucky and got 3 days for myself and the lady. I don't take chances on waiting on tickets anymore.

thefragile_jake
04-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I saw Deerhoof last night. I love that band and man, Satomi Matsuzaki is so damn cute. Here's a video of them playing some of their awesome "Breakup Songs" material in St. Louis last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gvRi0JOPis

Deadpool
04-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Just snagged tickets to see The Antlers in June at one of my favorite venues - Le Pousson Rouge in NYC. Been meaning to see them play a headlining gig since I saw them open up for Explosions in the Sky at the Wellmont Theater a while back. I also missed half their set that night but was still super impressed, so this upcoming gig should be a special evening (I think it has something to do with LPR's 5th Anniversary, too).

The weekend of April 26th threatens to be an incredible couple of days...

Friday, April 26th - IAMX live at Irving Plaza
Sunday, April 28th - How to destroy angels live at the Wellmont Theater

Hooray for live music in the Spring/Summer!

dlb
04-05-2013, 06:24 PM
BRMC today and I fucking loved it! They nail it every time they come down here and tonight was no exception! Probably my favorite band after NIN and I am actually looking into traveling to Cologne next Tuesday to see them again if the odds are on my side!

Coming up: some local bands AND Lana del Rey! I don't know what I've gotten myself into, but somehow I'm pretty psyched. :D

Jinsai
04-06-2013, 01:36 AM
This doesn't qualify as a "concert" but I'm about to travel out into the mojave desert to see Kindzadza play his first live outdoor set ever in America.

onthewall2983
04-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Say what you will about his music, but this is pretty cool of him to do (http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/kid-rock-offers-seats-summer-tour-20-214109398.html).

Alexandros
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
Went to a Chinese Man concert yesterday. Very entertaining!

Jinsai
04-16-2013, 05:04 AM
just got back from seeing Spiritualized play in a tiny old-west styled saloon in the desert. Awesome set, got to meet and chat with Jason after the show. Incredibly nice and down-to-earth guy.

frankie teardrop
05-01-2013, 11:21 AM
killing joke a few weeks ago was one of the best shows i've ever seen, as was the clint mansell performance at an old gothic church. i may have mentioned it elsewhere, but i enjoyed my first sigur ros show despite it being at madison square garden. how to destroy angels on monday night were solid, though it doesn't change my opinion much about the studio material.

anyway, i'm thrilled about my upcoming itinerary:

wire @ bowery ballroom
the ocean blue @ mercury lounge
medicine @ music hall of williamsburg

keep it coming, universe.

Pillfred
05-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Looks like I may be going to Soundset later this month. My buddy was gonna take me to Mushroom Head, on the 17th but he found out about that as of now it seems like that may be the better option for him, which i am totally ok with.

thefragile_jake
05-12-2013, 02:14 PM
BORIS tonight. I'm really looking forward to it, I saw them in 2010 and it was an amazing show. Extremely loud but incredibly diverse. Expecting more of the same!

Here's my updated schedule..

Boris
Black Moth Super Rainbow
Andrew WK
Death Grips
Black Flag (maybe...not sure how I feel 100% about this "reunion")
Pitchfork Music Festival in Chicago
Earl Sweatshirt & Chance the Rapper
Neutral Milk Hotel in Columbia, MO
Animal Collective (reschedule from March)

Pillfred
05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Opeth (tomorrow if i can get off work early enough)
Soundset on the 26th
Lamb of God on the 8th

Kodiak33
05-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Stood in the pit for Soundgarden/Bush in Indy on Saturday...check out Soundgarden if you haven't seen them yet. So awesome, Chris sounds great and the band is really tight.

miss k bee
05-15-2013, 07:24 PM
http://youtu.be/iyQpIxLuDqE

virushopper
05-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Going to see Queens of the Stone Age next Thursday.

I have a ticket for Boris that same night at the Echoplex, if you're in need of a ticket for that show PM me!

slave2thewage
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
Upcoming:
Muse - Manchester, Etihad Statium - June 1
Fight Like Apes - Galway, Roisin Dubh - June 15
Amanda Palmer - Dublin Academy - July 18
Rock en Seine (basically NIN) - Paris - August 24
Depeche Mode - Dublin O2 - November 9

Clownboat
05-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Flying Lotus on Sunday. :)

dlb
05-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Depeche Mode in two weeks! :)

Before that:

Swans

And after DM:

Beady Eye in July
Masters of Reality in July
Monster Magnet in August
Dillinger Escape Plan in October

I'm quite puzzled that the second half of 2013 is quite poor so far when it comes to interesting gigs in Munich. But the ones that are coming: hell yes!

miss k bee
05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Muse in one week in London

elesaurus
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Dillinger Escape Plan on Sunday and Chvrches on the 29th.

allegro
05-19-2013, 10:29 AM
I have Sting tickets!!!

At Ravinia, two nights sold out in, like, 5 minutes but we had pre-ordered them as Ravinia members. But we didn't know if we actually GOT the tickets until they arrived in the mail, yesterday. Pavilion this time, so I don't want to kill people on the lawn all night!

Oh, and we also scored advance Steely Dan pavilion tickets.

the duder
05-20-2013, 10:35 PM
Caught Bloc Party while in Orlando with my girl and it was a really fucking fun concert!

slave2thewage
06-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Muse were fabulous, as always. Updated list:

Fight Like Apes - Galway, Roisin Dubh - June 15
Amanda Palmer - Dublin Academy - July 18
NIN - Belfast, Belsonic - August 21
Rock en Seine (basically NIN) - Paris - August 24
Depeche Mode - Dublin O2 - November 9
Placebo - Glasgow Academy - December 13
Placebo - Manchester Apollo - December 14
Placebo - Brixton Academy - December 16
Placebo - Brixton Academy - December 17

thefragile_jake
06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Updated schedule:

Russian Tsarlag
Death Grips
Black Flag (maybe?)
El-P, Killer Mike, Kool A.D. & Despot
Pitchfork Music Festival 2013
Earl Sweatshirt, Chance the Rapper & the Internet (maybe?)
FIDLAR
Nine Inch Nails & Explosions in the Sky
Neutral Milk Hotel
Animal Collective

allegro
06-09-2013, 11:43 AM
saw Sting last night at one of his two sold-out shows at Ravinia. STING IS GOD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG8ERluNOxw

Highly Psychological
06-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Stone Roses, Public Image Ltd, Johnny Marr all in one gig. Very good. Thanks to John Squire and Reni mainly. Crowd was weird mixture of Woodstock/Grateful Dead/hippie revivalists type. And pissed football hooligans getting lary passing coke around openly.
The crowd loved Johnny Marr when he played Smiths tunes crowd went apeshit, but everyone gave John Lydon a real hard time. Which is a shame cos PIL are such a legendary band, Lydon has really damaged his reputation over the years here starring on all those celebrity shows and crappy butter commercials. But everyone went crazy when he played Public Image, however playing the experimental stuff from Flowers of Romance was asking bit much from crowd who were 95 percent hammered.

spiralout
06-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Just picked up tickets to see The Cure on July 30th! Very excited, this is one of those bands I thought I'd never get the chance to see...in Hawaii at least.

thefragile_jake
06-16-2013, 12:48 PM
I saw Death Grips on Thursday and my neck....legs....hell, every part of my body is still incredibly sore. If they are ever in your town, don't miss them!

Scarlet Siren
06-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Last week I booked tickets to see Gary Numan in Glasgow. Roll on November!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virushopper
06-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Deafheaven in August.

peter
07-12-2013, 05:22 AM
The Notwist here in Berlin last night. One of the few bands I still had on my must-see list. Fucking amazing. If you ever have the chance to see them anywhere close to you, don't miss 'em. So much beauty and depth in their music, I'm still dreaming.

Ax Mr. L
07-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Seeing Squarepusher this sunday at Ilosaarirock. Sigur Ros is also performing at the festival and I thought to check them out. I've always have had an interest to them but never really checked out their music besides the Riceboy Sleeps by Jonsi & Alex. So, any recommendations on what albums should I start?

thefragile_jake
07-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Seeing Squarepusher this sunday at Ilosaarirock. Sigur Ros is also performing at the festival and I thought to check them out. I've always have had an interest to them but never really checked out their music besides the Riceboy Sleeps by Jonsi & Alex. So, any recommendations on what albums should I start?

I'd start with Takk...

It's the record that got me into them for sure.

blackholesun
07-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Deafheaven tonight. Beyond stoked.

Tentative schedule:
July 27th - Dead Meadow
August 1st - Owen, Laura Stevenson
August 4th - Sed Non Satiata
August 16th - Ulrich Schnauss
August 23rd - My Bloody Valentine
August 30th - Alt-J
September 6th - Blonde Redhead
September 9th - Godspeed You! Black Emperor
September 29th - Savages
September 30th - Chelsea Wolfe, True Widow
October 3rd - Shigeto, Beacon, Nitemoves
October 5th - And So I Watch You From Afar, TTNG, Mylets
October 20th - Goblin, Secret Chiefs 3
October 26th - Godflesh, Prurient, Nails
November 17th - Bill Callahan

frankie teardrop
07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
wire tomorrow night. was going to see OMD the night after but it's at an awful venue with the same setlist (more or less) from last time.

ryanmcfly
07-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Dillinger Escape Plan - 7/26
Made in America (NIN, Queens of the Stone Age, Macklemore, Deadmau5, and Public Enemy are who I'm going for) - 8/31-9/1
Nine Inch Nails and Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 10/11
Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, and Ghost BC - 10/19
Nine Inch Nails and Explosions in the Sky - 11/5

henryeatscereal
07-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Upcoming:

Iron Maiden
Alice in chains
Queens of the Stone Age
Black Sabbath

yay!

millionmilesaway
08-05-2013, 07:09 AM
A co-worker cant go to tonight's Jimmy Eat World concert and gave the tickets to me, not really a fan but I guess I'll go if they are free. still have an extra ticket nobody wants though

thefragile_jake
08-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Updated schedule:

Dirty Beaches
Lapalux
Andrew W.K.
King Tuff
FIDLAR
Nine Inch Nails
Neutral Milk Hotel
Built to Spill
Animal Collective
Delorean (maybe?)

Kueller917
08-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Black Sabbath tomorrow. Alt-J on Thursday. Godspeed You! Black Emperor early September.

Saw My Bloody Valentine Friday and it took me 2 days to get the ringing out of my ears.

theimage13
08-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Saw Ke$ha last night. Danced like a fool and laughed my ass off. All without a single drop of alcohol or any drugs.

Don't judge me.

dlb
08-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Sometimes you just have to do what you got to do! ^^

Not much coming up on my part:

Dillinger Escape Plan in October
Queens of the Stone Age in November
Warpaint in November

If my new job proves to be lucrative I might go see Mark Lanegan in Hamburg in November too.

Halo Infinity
08-26-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't really go to concerts that much, but while I was away and mostly lurking, I got a chance to Ministry last year, and Killing Joke this year. I was so glad to see Killing Joke play Turn To Red as well. As for Ministry, I suppose it would've been great if they played Stigmata, The Land of Rape and Honey, Reload, Lava, or Filth Pig, but I knew Al Jourgensen would stick to most of the Bush trilogy. (That was mostly wishful thinking on my part, and yeah, I actually don't mind newer Ministry, and even like a good chunk of it, but I'm also among the fans that would also appreciate it if he performed more older tracks.) I would also see both bands again if given the chance. I also loved the way both Al Jourgensen and Jaz Coleman moved on stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKCn8hNKoHg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGkHEDbymdE

Big Fat Matt
08-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Fucking TescoFest II was saturday. Dig this fucking lineup.

Negative Approach
The Dwarves
The Hookers
The Meatmen
The Queers
Black Fag (not a typo)
Guida
Break Anchor
Nice Hooves

And people think punk is dead. PFFFFT.

next two shows are Andrew WK on the 27th, followed by The Armed, Golden Torso and more on the 28th.

virushopper
08-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Big Black Delta on September 21.

mrselfdestruct94
08-26-2013, 08:55 PM
Nine Inch Nails in Sunrise, FL on October 30th, and in Orlando, FL on October 31st.

After that I won't be able to afford anymore concerts this year, as I'll be saving up for whenever they come around again in 2014.

ChasingTheGhost
08-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Sep 22nd - Korn, P.O.D.
Oct 8th - Depeche Mode
Nov 9th - Nine Inch Nails

Past this year... Alice Cooper/Manson, B-52s, Cyndi Lauper, Muse, Parov Stelar & The Killers.

blackholesun
08-27-2013, 12:17 AM
Cold Cave tomorrow.

miss k bee
08-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Filter tonight at the 02 Islington Academy before going to work! Woot! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

LaneSax
08-28-2013, 12:46 PM
caught MetallicA over the weekend, they still got it!

miss k bee
08-29-2013, 01:24 AM
Filter were fantastic. Audience were a little subdued though and a bit weird opening with Welcome to the Fold.
RP crowdsurfed to the bar and back and had lots of warm words for NIN fans and Trent!

ILoveFestivals
08-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Mudhoney at Lee's Palace on Monday night!

phix95
09-08-2013, 10:02 PM
I posted this elsewhere but was told this thread was more appropriate...
Anyone seeing Katatonia in Chicago on October 3rd? I'm looking for someone to go with.
Never been to see them and am a bit leery of being w/a ton of metalheads (as I am not one).. And that's NOT an insult.
Also now looking, as well, for someone to go with to see Filter 10/22 at HOB (with RED).
Maybe no one reads this tread anymore.

onthewall2983
09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Buddy Guy, or as I like to call him, The Fountain of Youth. 77 years old, and in the middle of his set he went all the way up the middle aisle to the cheap seats and played guitar and sang for just about 10 minutes. It was a short-ish show (1 hour 50 minutes) but he brought the house down. Speaking of youth, his opener, 14-year old Quinn Sullivan got the people jolted up real good too.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
09-29-2013, 12:32 PM
30 Seconds To Mars today in New Jersey!! I know they have been playing a lot of their newer stuff, but I am still psyched to finally seeing them after all of these years.

thefragile_jake
09-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Saw FIDLAR last night. Show was so crazy the lead singer kicked me in the head and broke my glasses.

theimage13
09-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Joe Satriani this week. Yes please.

Big Fat Matt
09-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Child Bite and We Are Hex two days ago.

Golden Torso and The Armed last night.

im fucking dead, mang.

henryeatscereal
09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
This month:

- Alice in chains
- Kashmir
- Corona fest (Queens of the Stone Age / Sigur Ros / The Breeders, etc...)
- Black Sabbath

frankie teardrop
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM
saw death in june two weeks ago, rather good if but repetitive. saw the legendary pink dots last friday... amazing show... really psychedelic and electronic.

tonight, i'm catching the massive attack v. adam curtis show (WITH LIZ FRASER!!!!!!). then some NIN in canada, the new york area shows, godflesh, simple minds, gary numan, etc. busy times.

Dra508
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Arctic Monkeys at a small club a couple of weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

thenorthwood
10-07-2013, 09:15 PM
saw death in june two weeks ago, rather good if but repetitive. saw the legendary pink dots last friday... amazing show... really psychedelic and electronic.

tonight, i'm catching the massive attack v. adam curtis show (WITH LIZ FRASER!!!!!!). then some NIN in canada, the new york area shows, godflesh, simple minds, gary numan, etc. busy times.

I just watched the documentary about Death. I'd never heard of them (not surprisingly) and loved the story of their discovery 30+ years after the fact.

blackholesun
10-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Saw Cult of Luna last night. I've been wanting to see these guys for almost 7 years and it was their first tour of the US since 2005. I couldn't have been more pleased. After reading several less than favorable reviews of their US live shows, I was glad to see those reviews were unjust. I'm not into post-metal too much anymore, but I had a great time listening to a band that I obsessed over in my early 20s.

Next up - Godflesh! And then 65daysofstatic.

Halo Infinity
10-12-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm just curious about the timing of the way people purchase concert tickets in general. Do you prefer to buy tickets months in advance, or even go as far as taking advantage of presales? Or would you rather wait until less than a month before the concert to purchase tickets? I never understood the reasoning for the latter though, as I start getting anxious when I'm buying tickets even 1 month away from the concert. A good 2 to 5+ months seems reasonable to me.

In other words, are there people that actually prefer to purchase concert tickets in the last minute? I still don't get that.

screwdriver
10-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm just curious about the timing of the way people purchase concert tickets in general. Do you prefer to buy tickets months in advance, or even go as far as taking advantage of presales? Or would you rather wait until less than a month before the concert to purchase tickets? I never understood the reasoning for the latter though, as I start getting anxious when I'm buying tickets even 1 month away from the concert. A good 2 to 5+ months seems reasonable to me.

In other words, are there people that actually prefer to purchase concert tickets in the last minute? I still don't get that.

I have to, because of work. Pretty much every time I've bought a ticket in advance over the last few years I've ended up not being able to go and try to get rid of it at the last minute.

I just bought my NIN ticket for the Barclays show two days ago, and I'm still nervous I'm not going to be able to make it. Ah, well.

Halo Infinity
10-12-2013, 01:35 PM
It's a good thing that you actually got it though. That shit would've had me freaking out. :eek:

screwdriver
10-12-2013, 01:44 PM
It's a good thing that you actually got it though. That shit would've had me freaking out. :eek:

ha, yeah... it was expensive, I'll say that

Halo Infinity
10-12-2013, 01:47 PM
That's true, I've almost forgot about how much higher NIN tickets have gotten.

ryanp16
10-12-2013, 03:29 PM
Sigur Rós November 24th.

hologram parade
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Neutral Milk Hotel
02.08.14/Madison, WI

Charmingly Miserable
10-15-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm totally missing Chris Cornell in San Diego tonight. :( Oh well. I'm gearing for NIN in Los Angeles.

thefragile_jake
10-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Neutral Milk Hotel tonight!

tony.parente
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Neutral Milk Hotel tonight!

You're my favorite hipster ever.
<3

Kodiak33
10-16-2013, 11:29 AM
Saw Filter Friday night in Indy...I thought they were good. The crowd was horrible, there were only about 3-400 people there. Saw Sigur Ros earlier in September, fantastic show...definitely go if you can.

Going to see Kendrick/Kanye West in Columbus next month...I cannot wait.

thefragile_jake
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
You're my favorite hipster ever.
<3

You deserve all the love in the world Tony...
<3

tony.parente
10-17-2013, 12:17 PM
You deserve all the love in the world Tony...
<3

If I ever make fun of you for anything feel free to remind me that I showed up to the queue line at pops for the Limp Bizkit show at 10am earlier this year and loved every second of it.

EDIT: And went by myself no less.

Iran_Ed
10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Fuck Buttons tonight, GY!BE and some band named Nine Inch Nails tomorrow.

thevoid99
10-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Next Thursday, Godspeed You! Black Emperor & NIN!!!! Fourth NIN show!!!!!!!!

ManBurning
10-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Hitting up the opening show on KMFDM's new North American tour tonight, pretty stoked! I always look forward to hitting up an opening show of a band's new tour, as you have no idea what to expect. I'm bad for looking at setlists before shows, so this is perfect for me.

I've seriously looked at EVERY single NIN setlist since the first show on Sept 28th, I'm soooooo bad for that stuff. I was able to stop for a week, told myself to stop looking as i'm ruining the surprise factor for myself, but then one boring evening on the internet this past week (think it was a Tuesday or a Wednesday) I just snapped and ran to setlist.fm and read all shows from the week I skipped. Then I felt bad about it as there was lots of new songs played that would have been neat to see pop up live not knowing them were coming.

onthewall2983
10-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Just came back from seeing Gregg Allman, a voice who's been a big part of my personal musical landscape for nearly half my life now. I've not attended many concerts but I think I'll remember this as being one of the better ones I've seen. His solo band is about just as good as the ABB, and his voice is as strong as ever. I was having a bit of a crap day right until I heard that familiar count-off that started "Statesboro Blues".

allegro
10-23-2013, 08:02 AM
shit I didn't know he was touring!!

frankie teardrop
10-23-2013, 11:17 AM
tomorrow night: simple minds (!!!)
friday night: djing the ashrae fax show (early 2000s college favorites, i helped them get reissued this year on mexican summer)
next monday: thomas dolby (maybe)
next tuesday: gary numan (maybe- i have tickets but might be burnt out early next week)

Tums206_BFY
10-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Saw the Naked and Famous on Monday night at the Showbox at SoDo here in Seattle. I don't know if the show was sold out but it was at least my guess over 90% full so a very good crowd at hand. Anyways the opening the Colourist was pretty decent IMO and a good choice to open, maybe I'll check them out in the future.

The Naked and Famous killed it! Haven't heard their new album yet but those songs sounded good live. They played a short set though time wise, I think they played (including encore) 13 songs lasting about an hour and 10 minutes maybe...could have been a bit less. Wish they would have played a couple more songs but they were very good live def glad I got a chance to see them. Had fun!

Next on my schedule....November 17th the Regular Showbox Deltron 3030!!!! Can't wait for that show!

onthewall2983
10-23-2013, 10:50 PM
shit I didn't know he was touring!!

He's not been hitting many major cities. I saw him in Wabash, IN which is a nice little city but in the middle of nowhere basically, in a 1,500-seat venue.

The highlight of the set for me was his version of "Dreams". Rather than two lead guitars like the ABB, he had a 2nd keyboard, sax/flute and guitar trading licks during the instrumental spots of the show.

miss k bee
11-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Last night went to see Scritti Politti and Heaven 17 in Camden for 50 years of Virgin Records. Mainly went to see Scritti who were excellent even though Green fluffed a bit of Absolute ! . Stayed to see Heaven 17 who were surprisingly good as I only know one song 'Temptation'. Very strong vocals and bass heavy riffing synths!

frankie teardrop
11-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Stayed to see Heaven 17 who were surprisingly good as I only know one song 'Temptation'. Very strong vocals and bass heavy riffing synths!

i only like a few of their songs, but 'fascist groove thing' is a spastic mess and 'let me go' is a really great club jam. glad to hear they're still playing!

henryeatscereal
11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
watching the Foo Fighters on December and maybe Kraftwerk on March (it's a bit expensive but it's worth it of course...)

miss k bee
11-13-2013, 07:00 PM
i only like a few of their songs, but 'fascist groove thing' is a spastic mess and 'let me go' is a really great club jam. glad to hear they're still playing!
They played a lot of original Human League stuff as well.

Jon Griffin
11-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Saw My Bloody Valentine last Thursday. Loudest show I have ever been to, by far. Quite the experience.

frankie teardrop
11-14-2013, 10:17 AM
They played a lot of original Human League stuff as well.

interesting, but that makes sense, i guess. how did martyn ware handle the vox? early human league is amazing, but i love phil's voice.

miss k bee
11-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Martyn did one song Glenn Gregory did the rest and he has an amazing voice, they had two backing singers as well.

miss k bee
11-15-2013, 07:54 AM
interesting, but that makes sense, i guess. how did martyn ware handle the vox? early human league is amazing, but i love phil's voice.
Here's a good review of the show
http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/heaven-17-scritti-politti-live-at-virgin40/

frankie teardrop
11-15-2013, 09:45 AM
Martyn did one song Glenn Gregory did the rest and he has an amazing voice, they had two backing singers as well.

ahh right, i thought martyn was the singer, not glenn. sounds great!

Blackbookpress1984
11-15-2013, 12:11 PM
Going to see Alkaline Trio and New Found Glory sunday night in Chicago. Kinda pumped, would be more so if both of their last albums weren't such big let downs.

dlb
11-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Savages pulled out of their tour next week... fuck this shit!!!

Things left to see this year:

Monkey3 at the end of this month
Tricky in December

Archive_Reports
11-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Brett Dennen, Bleeding Through, and Kopecky Family Band/The Mowgli's last week. Not all at one show.

Pillfred
11-19-2013, 02:29 AM
How was Bleeding Through? Saw them open for AFI liked there show.

miss k bee
11-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Depeche Mode were fantastic last night! Dave looked a little tired but to be expected as they are near the end of a long tour. Got a standing ticket this time. Setlist included But Not Tonight, Black Celebration and Leave In Silence. Rumours of a rift between Dave and Fletch they did look a little cold towards one another, but still excellent! Love Martin's guitars - most Gresch

Archive_Reports
11-20-2013, 02:20 PM
How was Bleeding Through? Saw them open for AFI liked there show.

The venue had the absolute worst sound I've ever experienced at a show. The band, however, killed it. So much energy.

xmd 5a
11-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Saw The Drones last night. They've quickly become one of my favourite Australian bands and the set was amazing, intense and energetic. The support act, Harmony, was really good too. I haven't seen much live music before so I really really enjoyed the experience.

fillow
11-23-2013, 02:37 PM
In a few hours I'm off to Germany to see Sigur Ros (Dusseldorf on 25th) and QOTSA (Hamburg on 28th).

Excitement level through the roof!

henryeatscereal
11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
TOOL / Primus /Puscifer at Tajín!

TheyCallMeDrug
11-23-2013, 11:59 PM
just saw mike doughty play a soul coughing set in nyc.

good show over all, completely steeped in nostalgia though. for anyone who's followed him, at the very least, it was good to see him playing those songs with a smile on his face.

Digital Twilight
11-27-2013, 04:46 AM
I'm seeing these guys tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syPZDu9OIF8

So looking forward to it. One of my favourite albums of the year and these guys look like so much fun live.

NotoriousTIMP
12-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Just scored a pair of tickets to see Kraftwerk in Oakland, CA!!! :D I guess they're doing some sort of 3D effect this time around......pretty excited as I have been dying to see them live and I FINALLY get a chance to do so....

NotoriousTIMP
12-06-2013, 01:20 PM
*edit* double post :(

TheyCallMeDrug
12-07-2013, 11:06 AM
going to see run the jewels in brooklyn this friday and action bronson in nyc on my bday. unless it's a band i really love i find myself going to only rap shows now.

hologram parade
01-15-2014, 03:01 PM
2014= DARKSIDE, NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL, THE KNIFE, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, SHARON VAN ETTEN & DANIEL ROSSEN (hopefully)

spiralout
01-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Between now and the end of March: The National, Stone Temple Pilots and AFI. That's a damn good line up for Hawaii as most bands tend to pass us by.

Soma
01-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Skinny Puppy - 2/13
Deafheaven + Between The Buried And Me - 3/7

I'm considering taking a bus to Denver to see Mogwai the day after my birthday, if I can't find a friend that wants to go. I really don't wanna wait for the possibility that one of these years they might come to town again..

henryeatscereal
01-24-2014, 09:03 PM
So in March is going to be TOOL / Primus /Tomahawk and Puscifer on the same show...

I'm also catching NIN and Arcade Fire on the VL Festival

decadent
02-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Got tix for a double show by dredg - they are playing "El Cielo" and "Catch without arms" in their entity one after the other. This will most likely be my concert highlight of the year.

April - Manic Street Preachers in London.
May - NIN in Berlin.

thefragile_jake
03-16-2014, 01:04 PM
Upcoming concert schedule!

Deafheaven
Jandek
Real Estate
Mark McGuire
Oneohtrix Point Never
Arcade Fire
Perfect Pussy
The Flaming Lips
Disclosure
Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
Nine Inch Nails & Death Grips - hopefully

Jinsai
03-19-2014, 03:03 AM
just saw Kraftwerk do Radioactivity...

It was great and all, the music sounded awesome... but it's strange to go to a kraftwerk show where everyone is sitting still and staring at a screen. I also have a ticket to see it again tomorrow, and while I really enjoyed it, I feel like I'm going to be seeing the same show for the most part... and I need the money right now

NotoriousTIMP
03-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Was your show one of the 3D shows? I'm heading to SF this weekend and scored tickets for Monday nights show which is in 3D and I'm wondering what that means exactly

Maul
03-19-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm attending the Madrid Eels show next July.No matter what happens,I'm going.

Self.Destructive.Pattern
03-19-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm freakin' booked so far.

Jonny Craig - March 21st
The Sound Of Animals Fighting - March 22nd
Mindless Self Indulgence and The Bunny, The Bear - March 25th
Chiodos and Emarosa - April 17th
Rusko - April 18th
June - Phantogram
Linkin Park, 30STM, and AFI - August
TomorrowWorld - September

NotoriousTIMP
03-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Tonight!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/y7atajur.jpg

pwing47
03-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Yeah, my year has been filling up quite nicely too.

Gary Numan - 3/29
Dream Theater - 4/5, 4/6
Toadies - 4/12
Ghost - 4/19
Queens of the Stone Age - 5/5, 5/6, 5/7, 5/9
Failure, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer - 5/10, 5/11
Mogwai - 5/16
Sasquatch Festival (Outkast, The National, QotSA, et al) - 5/23, 5/24, 5/25
Eels - 6/4
NIN, Soundgarden - 7/19, 7/21, 7/22, 7/24, 7/26, 8/16, 8/17
Linkin Park, 30StM, AFI - 8/29

Jinsai
03-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Was your show one of the 3D shows? I'm heading to SF this weekend and scored tickets for Monday nights show which is in 3D and I'm wondering what that means exactly

Yeah... they basically play in front of a theater screen that's playing 3D projections. You wear glasses. All in all it's pretty nifty.

SarahConnor
03-24-2014, 05:20 PM
I go to shows from basements to Coachella.
Gotta recommend anyone see the Body if they come to your town.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/80735-body

Looks like they're in the UK right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INxOq_QBafE

Lew
03-24-2014, 06:22 PM
arcade fire this summer. WOO FUCKING HOO.
friends bought me a ticket to the nin/soundgarden but i am not sure if i will go.
and, given a chance, definitely going to see u.s.s.
oh, and if jack white makes it to toronto, i will be going.
rah, for summer outdoor music venues!

pastthemission
03-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Son Lux last night <3
Upcoming:
The National/Daughter - 4/11
The Knife - 4/25
VNV Nation - 5/2
Baths - 5/3
Neko Case - 5/9
Owen Pallett - 5/10
Morrissey - 6/16
NIN/SG - 7/27
Tori Amos - 8/8
Kate Bush - every show (j/k)

NotoriousTIMP
03-24-2014, 10:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/yjyvatyd.jpg

Christo
03-28-2014, 05:45 PM
Going to see Kate Bush <3 <3

scotty79
03-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Black stone cherry in October

Ryan
04-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Gary Numan again on May 31st, another meet and greet. Third time meeting him this will be!

Jinsai
05-03-2014, 03:30 AM
about to go see Goblin tomorrow/tonight! Beyond excited.

If you don't know who Goblin are, you probably don't like synth laden 70s Italian horror movies. I've been waiting for this day.
Feels like Christmas.

GulDukat
05-03-2014, 04:02 AM
Luscious Jackson 6/7
NIN/Soundgarden 7/29
Tori Amos 8/15

3:15
05-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Swans in Leeds next month. My ears are going to be eviscerated.

gorny540
05-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Failure- 5/31
QotSA- 7/20
NIN/SG/DG- 8/1 & 8/2

Deadpool
05-04-2014, 06:34 PM
Last show I caught was the album release concert for Ramona Lisa (Caroline from Chairlift) in Brooklyn: no instruments on stage - just 3 singers/dancers. Lots of choreography and projections. It was different, and intimate. Glad I was there. Loving the album, too.

and here's a bit of my current schedule...

Chromeo - 5/17 (Terminal 5)
Failure - 5/29 & 6/3 (Irving Plaza & Music Hall of Williamsburg)
Jon Hopkins - 7/17 (Le Pousson Rouge)
The Antlers - 7/26 (Webster Hall)
Nine Inch Nails - 8/1 & 8/2 (Jones Beach & Holmdel, NJ)
Royksopp & Robyn - 8/20 (Pier 97, NYC)

Can't believe I was able to score tix to Royksopp & Robyn. That's gonna be the perfect (end-of-)summer show.

thefragile_jake
06-29-2014, 12:58 PM
New concert schedule!

Mac DeMarco
Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
Elvis Depressedly
United Nations
Diarrhea Planet
DAMA/LIBRA
Afghan Whigs
Mineral
How to Dress Well

miss k bee
06-29-2014, 01:52 PM
Arcade Fire at BST Hyde Park Thursday (maybe)
Faith No More/Soundgarden/Black Sabbath at BST Hyde Park Friday (definitely)

virushopper
06-29-2014, 03:45 PM
King Diamond on Halloween.

henryeatscereal
06-29-2014, 05:42 PM
Queens of the Stone Age in September (...September come to me already!)

Stereo75
07-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Since I'm really, REALLY digging the new Big Wreck disc, I thought I'd take the plunge & order their VIP package for the upcoming tour, which includes:

- 1 seat in the 3rd row.
- Ltd. t-shirt
- Signed lithograph
- VIP laminate
- Soundcheck

Pretty good deal for only $100.

Scarlet Siren
07-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Saw 16 NIN shows between May-June
5 Jack White shows between June-July and have 4 more in November
2 Jane's Addiction shows in August
Gary Numan in November
Lenny Kravitz in December
Peter Gabriel in December (with my dad, ha!)
The Black Keys next March

I think this might be the most amount of shows I've seen in one year.

richardp
07-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Highlights from Pitchfork Fest this past weekend (In no particular order):

1. Seeing Slowdive's first American show since 1994.
2. Cloud Nothings doing a 20+ minute rendition of Wasted Days.
3. George from Deafheaven spending half of Unrequieted freaking out in the crowd.
4. Annie Clark from St. Vincent also freaking out in the crowd during her last song, screaming obscenities, throwing herself around on stage, breaking her guitar, and bashing her head into the bass drum repeatedly.
5. The amount of people on Friday walking around in Death Grips shirts, or carrying Death Grips signs.
6. tUnE-yArDs giving what could possibly be the best set of their career.
7. 10,000+ people yelling "HOT SOUP IN MY MOTHERFUCKING BOWL" during Earl Sweatshirts's set.
8. Making fun of Giorgio Moroder's lame as fuck DJ set with pretty much everyone else waiting for Beck to start.
9. Everyone in the park jumping up and down during M.A.A.D. City in Kendrick Lamar's set, so much that a friend way back in the lawn said that the ground was actually rumbling.
10. The 10 minute Bob Dylan cover that DIIV did.

Calla lily
07-23-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm getting ready to kick off a quintet of concerts (14 or so bands) over the next 3 weeks.
tonight is Kiss and Def Leppard in Tampa- taking my 12 year old son to this one
Then Filter, Helmet and Local H on 8/3 in Orlando with a friend - saw Helmet in 1992 when they opened for Ministry
then down to WPB for Linkin Park with Thirty Seconds to Mars and AFI on 8/8 (got family nearby who agreed to watch the kids for the weekend so threw this one in)
NIN and SG on the 10th - 4th NIN show
then back to Tampa on the 14th for The Offspring, Bad Religion and Pennywise - I've seen Bad Religion twice but the last time was in 1993 when Green Day opened for them

I really wanted to try to see NIN in Tampa on the 11th too, but I don't think I can make that happen.

Then I think a break until Tom Petty in Sept.

bryan_NIN65
08-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Nice guys. I am new here and all I have on the horizon is NIN on August 17!!! I been to a lot of shows and don't really get out that much any more. If NIN tours though I am there, hell yes I am driving 7 hours to Dallas. That will be the last show for me this year unless NIN tours again.

implanted_microchip
08-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Seeing NIN this Sunday and Monday, cannot wait.

Hopefully going to catch Interpol in November at the Hard Rock in Orlando, a friend of mine is huge on them and dying to go.

icecream
08-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Jack White in a few weeks
If my schedule lets me, Skinny Puppy and Youth Code

TheyCallMeDrug
08-07-2014, 12:20 AM
saw ratking on monday in nyc which was amazing.

then modest mouse on tuesday and wednesday. between the two shows they played 35 different songs with a handful of repeats. their live repertoire is always impressive.

future islands and omar souleyman in brooklyn tomorrow if i can hype myself up for it

decadent
08-07-2014, 01:33 AM
Some long forgotten bands are coming to Germany this fall and I think I will use the opportunity to see them for nostalgias sake.

20.08. - Placebo
30.08. - VELVET ACID CHRIST (WTF!)
09.10. - American Head Charge + Soil + (hed)p.e.
05.11. - Chevelle

blackholesun
08-07-2014, 11:48 AM
It's going to be a good end of summer/fall

August 20th - Built to Spill
August 25th - Slint
October 1st - Pinback, Tera Melos
October 6th - The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs
October 15th - S
November 7th - Slowdive, Low
December 11th - American Football

ManBurning
08-13-2014, 01:15 AM
I'll be checking out the Tom Petty show rolling through town this Thursday.

TheyCallMeDrug
08-13-2014, 01:16 AM
just grabbed 50% off tix to see arcade fire in two week in BK

GulDukat
08-13-2014, 01:41 AM
Seeing The Cult tonight and Tori Amos this Friday.

Saw Luscious Jackson a few months ago and went to the NIN/SG show.

Pillfred
08-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Pretty sure I'm going to Alice In Chains saturday. If this plays out I will be excite for days after.

hb13161705
08-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Courtney Love is touring Australia-should I go?

kel
08-16-2014, 11:18 AM
Courtney Love is touring Australia-should I go?
yes.

10 chars.

Digital Twilight
08-17-2014, 05:17 AM
I saw Chelsea Wolfe last night. Mesmerising hour, a great talent.

Ruined
08-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Had good luck, this week! In addition to next weekend's NIN/SG, I managed to get tickets for the following San Francisco shows: Broken Bells, Slowdive and FKA Twigs. It's going to be a great Fall concert season! :)

mrselfdestruct94
08-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Last concert was Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/The Dillinger Escape Plan in Tampa.

Upcoming concerts:
Rockstar Uproar later this month. Godsmack are fantastic live and I'll gladly pay any amount of money to see them, even if the rest of the line up is severely lacking.
Skeletonwitch in October.

Perdita
08-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Upcoming is Kate Bush.
And I went to New York to see Nick Cave & The bad Seeds 3 times. Fell in love with NY too :).

Rubeninphoenix
08-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Saw NIN in Vegas on July 19th and planning on seeing Fleetwood Mac in December.

Swykk
08-17-2014, 08:37 PM
10/30 SLOWDIVE!!!!! BONUS--NON SHITFORK HIPSTERFEST SHOW

12/14 The Birthday Massacre

Arcspiral
08-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Is anyone else from ETS heading out to this festival in Chicago? This will be the third year in a row I've gone and I can honestly say it's one of the coolest festivals out there, especially if you're really into electronic/industrial jams! http://coldwaves.net/

ManBurning
08-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Soundwave 2015 Festival announced their lineup today.
It's not too bad...

Faith No More, Soundgarden, Lamb Of God, Ministry, Fear Factory, Slipknot, Slash, Marilyn Manson, Apocalyptica, Judas Priest + more

http://www.soundwavefestival.com/index.html

Girlfriend and I were planning a trip to Australia in February. I think we'll hit this up. You Going to this Ryan ?

Shadaloo
08-20-2014, 12:08 AM
Skinny Puppy in February
Iced Earth a few months back
NIN/SG last month
Dropkick Murphys, Anthrax, Offspring and Metallica at Heavy MTL last week
Alice In Chains this weekend
Haujobb, VNV Nation and Skinny Puppy again in November to round out the year

Probably my most show-packed year yet.

NotoriousTIMP
08-20-2014, 01:55 AM
8/21/14 - NIN (San Diego)
8/23/14 - Jack White (San Fran)
8/24/14 - NIN (San Fran)
8/30/14 - NIN (Seattle
10/31/14 - Queens of the Stone Age (Los Angeles)

Pumped for the next week, especially since I'm FINALLY see Jack White live. Then that Queens gig in October is going to killer!

Deadpool
08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
Crazy excited to see Röyksopp & Robyn live today in NYC with my sis. Should be the perfect concert to end the summer with, especially on a pier outdoors. I've never seen either of them live, and I love that they're each doing individual sets followed by a joint performance.

Autumn schedule:

BANKS @ Terminal 5 (Sept. 30th) -- also planning on being @ Rough Trade NYC for her in-store performance & signing earlier that month!
The Acid @ Rough Trade NYC (Oct. 10th)
Kate Boy @ Glasslands (Oct. 25th)

Very tempted to pick up tix to see Blonde Redhead for Bowery Ballroom or Music Hall of Williamsburg when they play in November. Never seen 'em live, and I don't wanna be kicking myself for missing them again...

NotoriousTIMP
08-20-2014, 08:18 PM
Blonde Redhead was pretty terrible live when I saw them open up for Interpool some years ago.....I'd say you're not missing anything

icecream
08-21-2014, 01:08 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH scored tickets to see John Cleese. It's in a smaller venue and I'll get a copy of his autobiography at the door. Was having a shitty few months and this helped me cheer up a bit.

pwing47
08-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Saw Filter last night for the first time, at a pretty small venue; supposedly their "last show of the year." Didn't think I'd be that into after coming down from a 7-show NIN high, but we pretty much got blown away. Of course being front row and being about 2 inches from Richard Patrick helped, too. Haha, one of the openers' drummers actually came over and thanked my friend and me for rocking out so hard.

There was tech difficulty during one of the last songs, so Richard got pissed and started to smash some stuff and throw the mic stand around. Pretty awesome. I had to catch a falling mic stand to stop it from hitting a security guard square in the back of the head, and then had to hand the actual mic off the ground back up up to Richard. Got to yell into the mic with him, too :D I was a setlist whore and scored both openers' plus Filter's.

A few pics: http://imgur.com/a/6wWvn

shazbot
08-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Going to london in some months and was curios to see if there is any good concerts to attend.. Anyone have a good site for that or do you have to look up every promoter/club individually?

pwing47
08-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Going to london in some months and was curios to see if there is any good concerts to attend.. Anyone have a good site for that or do you have to look up every promoter/club individually?

When I was in London back in May, I managed to find some shows of interest by using Songkick to list results for a certain region. This this case, it'd be something like this (https://www.songkick.com/metro_areas/24426-uk-london). You can use the date filters toward the top to narrow it down to the days that you'll be there.

I went to a show at Scala; pretty decent venue, and was within 10-15 min walking distance of where I was staying. Wanted to hit up a show at O2 Academy Brixton, but didn't have time to fit it in. I think if you're using public transit, most of the venues are within reasonable distance within London. Good luck, and have fun!

Airbornefeline
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna be seeing Korn and Slipknot in about 2 months :)) https://www.facebook.com/korn/photos/a.454459955760.231183.21230560760/10152668114740761/?type=1&theater I know everyone likes to hate on Nu-metal bands like them but Korn really puts on a hell of a show. I saw them last October and it was probably the best concert-experience I've had. I've never seen Slipknot or really listened to any of their music aside from hearing one of the hits in Guitar Hero or on the radio every so often so I'm definitely gonna have to check them out. I'll be seeing them on the first official date of the tour in El Paso, if anyone cares.

thenorthwood
08-25-2014, 06:15 PM
So far in 2014:
Lorde
Phantogram
Queens of the Stone Age
Chvrches
Samantha Crain
Lady Gaga
Tori Amos
Paramore and Fall Out Boy
NIN

Upcoming:
The Pretty Reckless
Polica
Jenny Lewis
Katy Perry
Beck
Pearl Jam
Sharon Van Etten
Charli XCX
First Aid Kit

I'm disappointed I can't make it to the Warpaint show. For those of you that saw The Knife I'm jealous! I recently discovered them along with Fever Ray.

ryanmcfly
08-26-2014, 11:18 AM
So Far in 2014:
Stone Sour
South by So What (got rained out halfway through the day, so I didn't get to see anyone special.)
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Five Finger Death Punch with Steel Panther and Theory of a Deadman
Brand New with Cold War Kids and Circa Survive
Mayhem Festival (only watched Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Asking Alexandria, and Body Count)
NIN with Soundgarden and Dillinger
NIN with Soundgarden and Cold Cave

Still to go:
Linkin Park with Thirty Seconds to Mars and AFI.
Slipknot with Korn.

I feel like the list is rather light compared to last year, but I've gotten to see NIN twice, Stone Sour, The Dillinger escape plan twice, and I get to see Slipknot, so I sacrificed quantity for quality in my eyes.

Rubeninphoenix
09-04-2014, 01:22 AM
10/30/14 - Queens of the Stone Age @ the Arizona State Fair

Free entry to the concert if you pay the $10 admission fee to get in the fair (or an extra $20 for a reserved seat in the pit area of the venue).

Timinator
09-04-2014, 02:18 AM
My gig-going fell off a cliff when we had our son earlier this year. However I am seeing Bob Dylan tonight for the 7th time. Or 8th, I lost count.

orestes
09-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Just bought tickets to see Rodney Crowell play a small gig in December.

Deepvoid
09-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Just scored two tickets for Placebo for their show in Montreal. Really looking forward to this one.
Always knew this band by name but only got into their stuff about a year ago. Hopefully, they put on a great show.

kdrcraig
09-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Just scored two tickets for Placebo for their show in Montreal. Really looking forward to this one.
Always knew this band by name but only got into their stuff about a year ago. Hopefully, they put on a great show.

I saw them once on the tour for Meds and it was great

thefragile_jake
09-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Upcoming shows:

Bass Drum of Death
Merchandise
clipping.
The Pizza Underground & Har Mar Superstar
Thee Oh Sees (in Kansas City)
The Hotelier & The World is a Beautiful Place & I'm No Longer Afraid to Die
Pallbearer

allegro
09-23-2014, 09:47 AM
King Crimson with G and Harry on Thursday. I may be one of about 4 females in the audience.

ryanmcfly
09-23-2014, 10:15 AM
Just saw theory of a deadman (I know, bash me, whatever I love them) and ended up with a setlist, guitar pick, and drum stick. Most loot I have ever gotten at a show.

Airbornefeline
09-23-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm probably going to see Palms (one of Chino Moreno's many other bands) on the 2nd.

kdrcraig
10-01-2014, 07:03 AM
Going to see Volbeat and Five Finger Death Punch. Super pumped to see Volbeat again, they're so great live. Not so pumped about Five Finger Death Punch, I've heard a couple of their songs and they're not bad but I wish I didn't have to stick around to see them. One of the guys going is going just to see them and they're closing the show. I believe I might see how drunk I can get while they're playing.

Edit: I enjoyed Five Finger Death Punch quite a bit. They put on a good show

allegro
10-02-2014, 05:59 PM
Legendary Jazz Pianist Ahmad Jamal on October 10th (http://cso.org/TicketsAndEvents/EventDetails.aspx?eid=6761).

I cannot wait. This is my 3rd time seeing him, 1st time at the Symphony Center. Each time is a true privilege, but this time will be a very special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcnQID8Y954

Ruined
10-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Wow, a good friend of mine just told me she got us tickets for The Flaming Lips show, in San Francisco, New Year's Eve. Fuck yeah!

Kid Charlemagne
10-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Just saw Beck tonight. Pretty good show, there was free vodka, so I'm having a hard time piecing together the show. I got kind of bummed near the middle of the set though. "Lost Cause" kills me each time.

Blackbookpress1984
10-03-2014, 08:11 AM
This Month:

Friday October 10 Bayside + I am The Avalanche @ Mojoes
Saturday October 11th MXPX, ZEBRAHEAD, ALLISTER @ Mojoes
Tuesday October 14th Finch @ Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL
Thursday October 16th Alkaline Trio @ Past Live - Chicago, IL (https://www.facebook.com/events/160098824176422/)
Friday October 17th Alkaline Trio @ Past Live - Chicago, IL (https://www.facebook.com/events/766781436699915/)
Saturday October 18th Alkaline Trio @ Past Live - Chicago, IL (https://www.facebook.com/events/666292123445573/)
Sunday October 19th Alkaline Trio @ Past Live - Chicago, IL

Feels like I'm 16 again.

kel
10-26-2014, 12:01 AM
i got tickets to sleater-kinney at the knitting factory in february. only $25 bucks each! i expected both northwest shows would sell out in minutes, so i feel pretty fortunate.

yay!

Sarah K
10-26-2014, 12:03 AM
Primus in some weird afternoon show this week... Plus possibly the next night on Halloween.

Edit: http://www.thegreenespace.org/events/thegreenespace/2014/oct/30/everlasting-showstopper-very-wonka-afternoon-primus/ Hmmm... Apparently the Thursday afternoon show will be streamed and recorded for an episode of Souncheck.

Exocet
10-26-2014, 02:06 AM
Im seeing the immensely influential Jesus and Mary Chain perform Psychocandy next month. Most loveable miserable Scottish boys of all time.
Simply one of best albums of all time. The album means a lot to me. plus they have chosen the London Troxy, one of those scuzzy yet beautiful victorian venues in rough part of town, they could have chosen somewhere safe and glamorous . Type of venues they used to play when there were riots at their gigs!. I know they are old now but it would be great if they took loads of speed and turn up the volume.

Deepvoid
11-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Just booked the band I'm working with on a show with The Birthday Massacre tomorrow night in Montreal. Should be fun.

pwing47
11-08-2014, 11:34 PM
In January, I somewhat jokingly told people my goal for 2014 was to do 50 shows in a year. Around March (when I decided to do 7 NIN shows this summer) is when I realized it could happen easily. Finished it last week with 2 months to spare. 50 shows in 38 weeks, actually.

Probably a few more will pop up before year's end, but as of today:
52 shows, 108 bands, 143 sets, 35 venues, 10 states, 14 cities, 2 continents. Had rail/front-row for 29/52 (the rest were almost all seated shows).

I entirely thank Trent, and my first NIN show in Sep 2013, for planting in my head the ambition to see as many of my favorite bands as possible in a year and removing the fear/anxiety I used to have in big crowds and big cities. Being among a mass of fellow music-lovers now makes me feel right where I belong.

Met dozens of cool people and made many new friends. Best months of my life.

Ruined
11-09-2014, 12:54 AM
I got to see Slowdive, and Low, last night at San Francisco's Warfield Theater. Amazing show! Up next: FKA Twigs, in two weeks!:)

TheyCallMeDrug
11-09-2014, 01:16 AM
just caught antemasque and le butcherettes. both bands sounded tight. cedrick and omar were really enjoying themselves and it was a great set.

blockhead next weekend, dfa 1979 and run the jewels the weekend after.

Charmingly Miserable
11-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Just got my ticket for Run the Jewels for Wednesday.

Scarlet Siren
11-10-2014, 02:46 PM
I've got the following lined up between Wednesday and March next year.

Jack White x 5 as of Thursday
Gary Numan 28/11
Lenny Kravitz 06/12
Peter Gabriel 08/12
Placebo sometime in February
The Black Keys sometime in March

Soma
11-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Highlights from this year

Against Me! - May 18
Deafheaven / Pallbearer / Wreck And Reference - June 24
Joyce Manor - Sept 4
The Menzingers / Tiny Moving Parts / Slothrust - Sept 23
+a plethora of local/regional acts such as the Rackatees, Hipshot Killer, Black On Black, Psychic Heat, The O.D.'s, etc.

mrselfdestruct94
11-14-2014, 10:44 PM
First concert tickets for 2015 officially purchased:

Behemoth and Cannibal Corpse co-headlining tour on March 6th. Can't fucking wait!

virushopper
11-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Going to see Ariel Pink next Friday.

perceptionnexus
11-19-2014, 04:38 PM
The past 12 months have been a total awakening for me to the world of mathy-metal music, and the three bands I've gotten into the most (Mastodon, D.E.P., and Norma Jean) were on tour together......last year! FML.

Ruined
11-22-2014, 10:47 PM
I attended the FKA Twigs show, in San Francisco, last Thursday. Amazing show. At the end of her show, she thanked the crowd and said we were so nice that she'd like to meet us at the merch table and sign whatever and/or take photos for free. Heh, my friend took the photo before I could face the camera. Ah well, good memory.http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b16/mvalencia_/20141120_235311_zps4cf34a83.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/mvalencia_/media/20141120_235311_zps4cf34a83.jpg.html)

GulDukat
11-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Upcoming shows--Bush, Billy Idol, Extreme and Manson.

simonn
11-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Only one show booked - Kasabian at Brixton next Monday....but been a good/varied year for gigs:-

NIN twice
BST Festival Hyde Park - Sabbath, Soundgarden, Faith No More, Motorhead
Extreme
Steve Harris' British Lion
James Rhodes
Thriller Live...

virushopper
11-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Russian Circles in January
A Place to Bury Strangers in March
Ministry in May.

kdrcraig
12-04-2014, 06:23 AM
Saw Korn and Slipknot last night, great show. Was really impressed with how awesome Korn was, kind of forgot that I really like them.

the duder
12-04-2014, 06:34 AM
April, 2014 - The Shining/Retox/Trash Talk/TDEP
August, 2014 - TDEP/Soundgarden/NIN

Not as many shows as in years past, but these ones were significant, and all bands slaughtered. Seeing my two favorite bands on one bill (!!!) - plus it being my 5th NIN show made the August show memorable. And Soundgarden blew me away. The April show at Union Transfer in Philly was fucking insane. Being ON STAGE with the fucking Dillinger Escape Plan made my life.

Kunstmord
12-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Saw Swans live last Friday.

It was insane, only 2.5 old songs played (A Little God in My Hands, I'm Just a Little Boy and a part of Bring The Sun). 2.5 hours, 6 songs, incredible volume, and I barely remember anything – very meditative. The groove in "Black Hole Man" is overwhelmingly powerful, that I recall.

theimage13
02-17-2015, 07:06 AM
Not sure if I can really count this as a concert, but I saw Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer the other night. They both sang (including Neil singing a cover of a Magnetic Fields song, which pretty much made my month), so I'm going with yes, concert.

Big Fat Matt
02-22-2015, 01:49 AM
The groove in "Black Hole Man" is overwhelmingly powerful, that I recall.

Loved that track last time I saw them, and I get to see them monday too. Cannot WAIT to hear how it turns out on an album.

Oh yeah, I'm also seeing Retox, Child Bite and Nice Hooves in a week, so that is cool.

implanted_microchip
02-22-2015, 02:03 AM
Saw my first small venue bar/club show. Went for LAVOLA, a band I love and am friends with, and loved the other three acts as well. Got to meet all but one of the bands, hung out with LAVOLA and friends after the show, had my first shot of whiskey and had a generally incredible time. After the massive 20,000+ capacity venues NIN's led me to, this was a wonderful change of pace and I'm looking forward to going to more shows like it.

Seeing Elton John in a couple of weeks now at the Amway Center. Looking forward to it if for no other reason than to say I saw Elton John and it's free for me so how could I ever say no to Benny and the Jets?

GulDukat
02-22-2015, 02:07 AM
Bush on Monday, Scott Weiland next month and then STP.

lloyd_dhr
02-22-2015, 06:06 AM
I saw Queen Kwong in London last night, made a day of it. Was expecting an ok gig, but it was full-on excellent on every level.

GulDukat
02-24-2015, 09:47 AM
Saw Bush last night at the House of Blues. This was the second time that I've seen them and, overall, it was a very good show. Their early songs (first two albums) got the best response but their newer material went over pretty well too. Gavin Rossdale looks fantastic for someone nearly 50 and towards the end ran all over the club. High energy from both band and audience. My only complaint is that the opening act, Theory of a Deadman, were pretty mediocre and they played too long for an opening act (about and hour) and started too late. Doors opened at 6:30 and Bush didn't start until about 9:30--and I had work yesterday and was tired. Didn't get home until 1:30. Still, it was a good show and a good night. Next show--Scott Weiland and then STP.

WorzelG
02-24-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm not really into Morrisseys solo stuff, but I recently found out he's playing Cardiff Motorpoint arena as part of a UK tour and thought I'd give him a go as not many bands play here, to discover the price is £65 at the cheapest! WTF I thought he was a man of the people? That's almost twice what I paid for NIN and The Prodigy

implanted_microchip
02-24-2015, 05:33 PM
I'm not really into Morrisseys solo stuff, but I recently found out he's playing Cardiff Motorpoint arena as part of a UK tour and thought I'd give him a go as not many bands play here, to discover the price is £65 at the cheapest! WTF I thought he was a man of the people? That's almost twice what I paid for NIN and The Prodigy

I hate the prices for so many legacy/legendary acts. No matter the name, if a venue has incredibly awful seats, they should not be expensive. I'm seeing Elton John next week and the friend who bought tickets got very "meh" seats in the upper part of an arena, and they still cost over 60 dollars each.

Lew
02-26-2015, 05:08 PM
benjamin booker, end of march.
and then the hip in april.

thenorthwood
03-02-2015, 12:30 AM
Jack White several weeks ago. Tickets so far to see Bush, Sleater-Kinney, Lana Del Rey, and Taylor Swift.

madmanfloyd
03-07-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm going to see modest mouse on friday the 13th in raleigh and i can not wait!!!

mtc
03-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Saw St. Vincent last night and Annie Clark melted my fucking face off