PDA

View Full Version : 2013.04.23 - Chicago, IL @ The Vic

Leviathant
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
The Victoria Theatre, best known as The Vic Theatre (http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Vic/Concerts.aspx) is a musical venue located in Chicago, Illinois. The Vic Theatre can easily accommodate 1,400 people, with seating for 1,000

Wolfkiller
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Assuming I can get tickets, I will be there!

gladcarrot
02-26-2013, 06:43 AM
I plan to get tickets to this show as well. It's the closest show to Michigan!

thefragile_jake
02-26-2013, 10:43 AM
The Vic Theater is amazing, I saw Jonsi there in 2010 and it's still one of my favorite concert experiences from both the show I saw and the venue itself.

richardp
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
My girlfriends sister lives fairly close to The Vic so I'm super excited to hopefully score tickets and come up to Chicago and not have to worry about booking a hotel or anything. Took tomorrow off in complete preparation for the massive amount of stress that will be trying to secure tickets.

jrdsctt
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Does anyone know if presale tickets are gonna be for the seats or the standing room?

allegro
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
The Vic is a Chicago treasure and we've seen tons of shows there but it IS in The Land of No Parking and you DO have to know the secrets of scoping out a Good Spot. I highly recommend the elevated areas in front of the main floor bar on the left.

richardp
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
The Vic is a Chicago treasure and we've seen tons of shows there but it IS in The Land of No Parking (Lincoln Park) and you DO have to know the secrets of scoping out a Good Spot. I highly recommend the elevated areas in front of the main floor bar on the left.

Yeah I noticed that spot in a picture on google and have already mentally claimed that spot. Looks like pretty much the same type of prime spot we have at The Granada out here near KC. Assuming everyone is already going to bum rush the front of the stage I imagine it can't be TOO hard? If nothing else, and the entire venue is GA then I was going to shoot for front row balcony.

allegro
02-27-2013, 09:51 AM
The entire Vic is always GA. it's a pretty small main floor and the balcony, as mentioned, is really steep

richardp
02-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Alright looks like east coast had tons of problems scoring tickets. Here's to good luck for us in getting in and out smoothly!

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 11:47 AM
sometimes they do seating, and it seems like that might be the case for this show (i hope). thankfully, it's a short train ride from my place, and the area it's in has a lot of great shopping/dining. so if you're coming in from out of town, check out the stuff that's nearby!

Wolfkiller
02-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Good luck everyone! Let the refreshing game begin!

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
it let me click on the pre-sale button but then it said "tickets are not currently available" :(

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
and then the pre-sale button disappeared again...hahaha

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
are you fucking kidding me? less than a minute? sold out in less than a minute? wtf?

richardp
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Got 'em!!!!!

Wolfkiller
02-27-2013, 12:04 PM
Hmm. Said there was an error processing my credit card and to try again. When I tried again, the tickets were already out of stock. Bummer.

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
this fucking sucks. i have never been so angry about not getting tickets for something. that is such bullshit. especially since they were IN MY CART.

gladcarrot
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I grabbed 2 tickets. Thank goodness for my hi speed internet connection at work. See you all in Chicago!

To all of you who didn't get tickets, don't worry. More will be available when they go on sale to the public. The same thing happened to me for the Wave Goodbye shows at the Aragon, but I got tickets a couple days later.

richardp
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
I had the hardest time actually securing my tickets. It kept giving me the "not on sale" page and then FINALLY one of my like 50 windows I had open went through. I legit yelled "YES!!!!" super loud in apartment. Pretty sure everyone in the building heard me. Don't get too bummed, everyone who didn't get tickets. They've been opening the Ticketmaster presales up almost immediately after the HTDA presales sell out. I'd check back in a few minutes and I'm sure that presale will be live.

eversonpoe
02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
they're already on sale through jam. click on the "on sale" button next to sold out. just got two. $11 more than it would have been through HTDA directly and no fancy shmancy tickets but at least i got them.

Swykk
02-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Wasn't able to get the HTDA presale ones because the retarded store kept showing me a ticket, I'd hit BUY and then it told me I had nothing in my cart. Fuck's sake!
I did get one through the etix/Jam mode so all is good but wow, that was intense and at times, hateful!

jrdsctt
02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
I got in for the HTDA presale, selected my tickets and entered all my card info and after I hit purchase it said that the item was not available in the quantity I wanted. So unlike other ticket sites, once you get in the queue it doesn't save your spot. Someone must have snagged the tickets before I finished entering my info. Oh well, got the Jam presale right after. Just printed the tickets off at home.

Wolfkiller
02-27-2013, 12:30 PM
They really need to work on getting more tickets secured for these things. Only gonna get worse when the NIN pre-orders start up.

jrdsctt
02-27-2013, 12:32 PM
They really need to work on getting more tickets secured for these things. Only gonna get worse when the NIN pre-orders start up.

Oh god I don't even wanna think about it... at least they are supposed to be arena shows. While smaller venues are quite nice, arenas mean more tickets.

richardp
02-27-2013, 12:33 PM
I'd like to think that Trent and Co would make Modlife adjust some things by the time the NIN tickets hit.

spiral94
02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Have you guys tried this?

http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/frontDoor.jsp?performance_id=1709925&cobrand=jamusa

I got mine through the pre-sale but it looks like this link still has tix available.

Swykk
02-27-2013, 01:05 PM
That's exactly where I said I got mine from.

allegro
02-27-2013, 05:02 PM
sometimes they do seating
true, when I saw Frank Black at the Vic and when I saw They Might Be Giants at the Vic, both had chairs on the main floor.

Moebius
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
Man, that went quicker than I expected, but I got mine. I noticed the presale link went up slightly before noon, although the tickets didn't show as available until that time. No problems selecting and checking out here.

The Vic is a great venue, with the slope of the floor there's a good view from just about every place and I've never found it hard to get near the front even at a packed shows.

xolotl
03-01-2013, 10:05 AM
So... Did this show actually totally sell out on the day of the presale, then? I was a bit alarmed this morning when I pulled up the pages at 9:00 to get ready for the public sale and it was saying "Sold out," but I figured it was just a matter of them needing to open up the rest of the tickets. Now I'm wondering if they actually just went ahead and sold all of them on Wednesday. Would suck for me if so, alas!

Edit: 'course, I see that the actual band title at the Vic's site is "How To Destory Angels," so perhaps it's only some cheap knockoff band's show that's sold out. :) Oh, those destoried angels.

Edit edit: Well yeah, I'd been checking periodically throughout the day, in the hopes that perhaps they were actually going to open up sales at, like 11:00 or noon or something, but too bad! That'll teach me to be sick and sleep through the presales.

Moebius
03-02-2013, 08:14 AM
So... Did this show actually totally sell out on the day of the presale, then? I was a bit alarmed this morning when I pulled up the pages at 9:00 to get ready for the public sale and it was saying "Sold out," but I figured it was just a matter of them needing to open up the rest of the tickets. Now I'm wondering if they actually just went ahead and sold all of them on Wednesday. Would suck for me if so, alas!

Unfortunately, that looks like the case, it is listed as sold out on the venue's page:

http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Vic/ConcertDetails.aspx?ConcertId=5288

EDIT: confirmed on twitter (https://twitter.com/jamusa/status/307556951942893568), all tickets were sold through the presale.

skip niklas
03-02-2013, 11:40 AM
What a bunch of horseshit.

Wolfkiller
03-03-2013, 12:19 AM
Guess I shouldn't be TOO bummed I missed out on the limited edition gotyo name onit getcha ass in fidteen minnits early version of the tickets. Could be worse!

xfocalinx
03-04-2013, 02:09 PM
http://distilleryimage3.instagram.com/c3bed23a84e411e2b09522000a1f9363_7.jpg

got my ticket today~! :)

thefragile_jake
03-06-2013, 11:18 AM
What a bunch of horseshit.

Man Chicago venues have a tendancy to do that it seems. I understand there's limited seating and the demand is incredibly high for a show like this but I remember the same thing happened when I was going to see NIN at Aragon Ballroom in 2009. I figured I would just wait and get the tickets right away when they went on public sale but all were sold out immediately. Looking back, I should've just done presale but oh well...spilt milk.

I won't be going to this show but look forward to hearing people's thoughts and reviews on it. Enjoy!

skip niklas
03-11-2013, 12:21 PM
So, anyone got an extra ticket?

Hazekiah
03-11-2013, 12:42 PM
^ Seconded. The Vic doesn't make it easy, but I can all but assure a bootleg in exchange, for what it's worth (on top of the ticket cost, of course).Didn't even know it was on sale yet.:-\

richardp
03-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Can someone refresh my memory, I can't seem to remember exactly if we got our ticket the day of the show or if they were mailed to us. I remember the lady coming down the line and taking our IDs and coming back with wrist bands, but I don't remember if she gave us our tickets too. Assuming that will be the exact same way that this show will be handled.

Zipfinator
03-16-2013, 07:22 PM
I figured I would just wait and get the tickets right away when they went on public sale but all were sold out immediately. Looking back, I should've just done presale but oh well...spilt milk.

Those tickets for the Aragon didn't run out in the presale. It said they were sold out but more tickets were on sale a few weeks after. I bought a pair for the first day then since I only got tickets for the second in the presale.

kgebhardt
03-17-2013, 06:05 PM
If anyone has any tickets please let me know! I missed out because of the whole "screwover." not to mention my birthday is the day before ;)

heavenly_bearded
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
It's my Bday today and my awesome wife surprised me with tickets to this show. :) Very excite! So is there a Gino's East pre-party? If I'm drivin' to Chi-town, I'm stuffing myself with that deliciousness...

Kubrickian
03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
I have two extra general admission tickets for this show if anyone is interested. PM me if you are.

jessamineny
04-07-2013, 06:31 AM
I know someone (not on ETS) with one extra face-value ticket to the show. The ticket is downloadable. PM me.

EDIT: SOLD

robot32
04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Totally gonna be there, excited as all fuck for this!

eversonpoe
04-12-2013, 02:46 PM
there's a place around the block called Cheesie's that has (i'm told) AMAZING sandwiches, some of the best sweet potato fries (i've actually had those), and two or three kinds of root beer on tap with alcohol in it.

heavenly_bearded
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM
I have 2 extra presale tickets for this show, I am unable to attend :(
Face Value for whoever wants them, or I will trade both for 1 Lollapalooza Friday pass. PM me!

You can download the tickets and print them yourself or I can print them and ship them to you.

lady weetly
04-16-2013, 06:33 PM
there's a place around the block called Cheesie's that has (i'm told) AMAZING sandwiches, some of the best sweet potato fries (i've actually had those), and two or three kinds of root beer on tap with alcohol in it.
Cheesies is great! Try the mac & cheese sandwich if you can. Plus they're open really late! I was going to hit up Dimo's pizza after the show (on clark near addison) if anyone was interested because all of the local places will be packed. The Coachella stream has gotten me so excited for this show!

heavenly_bearded
04-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151031154281?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Face value + fees

Last chance to get 2 presale tickets!

Edit:

Presale tickets get you early access before the general public.

If you really want these tickets, but don't want to pay, there are some nice signed posters in there that are limited to 40 each and cost $55. I will just give these tickets to whoever will buy and ship one to me in MN. $55 for 2 presale tickets? Now who can beat that :)

Moebius
04-20-2013, 03:39 PM
If you really want these tickets, but don't want to pay, there are some nice signed posters in there that are limited to 40 each and cost $55. I will just give these tickets to whoever will buy and ship one to me in MN. $55 for 2 presale tickets? Now who can beat that :)

What's this about limited signed posters?

Erik
04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
Each Non-Coachella show has limited posters signed by all five members of the band. If Poster #6 debuts in Chicago, would anyone please pick up an unsigned one for me?

Erik
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151031154281?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Face value + fees

Edit:

Presale tickets get you early access before the general public.

I am not sure they will let you transfer both tickets to someone else. They check for Name and ID when distributing the tickets at the door.

heavenly_bearded
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
I am not sure they will let you transfer both tickets to someone else. They check for Name and ID when distributing the tickets at the door.

Well there are no names on the ticket so how do you figure that works? Have bought and sold many tickets this way, never had a problem.

EDIT: That makes sense, Thanks for clarifying.
\/\/\/

Moebius
04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Well there are no names on the ticket so how do you figure that works? Have bought and sold many tickets this way, never had a problem.

The howtodestroyangels.com member presale tickets are tied to your name and distributed immediately before entry. Sounds like you've got JamUSA presale tickets; as you can read above, they ended up selling the entire lot before the 'official' general sale date. All tickets are for this show are "presale tickets", but only the HTDA member tickets get you in early.

bobbie solo
04-22-2013, 01:06 AM
some tix for around face on stubhub.

Five_Hole
04-22-2013, 08:47 AM
eTix has put on some more tickets here (http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSearch.jsp?performance_id=1709925) if you're interested in buying from the official source.

dbrekke
04-22-2013, 02:12 PM
I've got HTDA pre-sale tix - where is the best place to be in the Vic to properly view this show/visual spectacle?

allegro
04-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Depends on how tall you are.

ninlive
04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
If any of you are bringing a DSLR to the show, please get in contact!

BestTonyEver
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm coming in from Detroit for this show and staying at City Suites Hotel which appears to pretty much be next door. Since I'm from out of town, what are some good bars and places to hang out nearby before and after the show? Also any record stores nearby?

i also hope I get in early enough for a signed poster/litho so badly.

heavenly_bearded
04-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Didn't think I would have to, but I posted my tickets here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151032883699

Face value + fees

I still have these tickets for sale. Willing to let both go for $80, that's below face value, just want to see them not get wasted. PM for details.

EDIT: scratch that idea, I'm in

Zimbo
04-22-2013, 10:35 PM
For those that have been to the VIC, how early does one have to arrive to get a decent spot? I have presale tickets but am debating arriving super early.

richardp
04-22-2013, 10:46 PM
I was planning on getting there around 4-4:30. Everyone's at other shows have been saying that you really only need to get there an hour to 90 minutes before doors, though. But I'm not taking any chances.

Zimbo
04-22-2013, 11:47 PM
I was planning on getting there around 4-4:30. Everyone's at other shows have been saying that you really only need to get there an hour to 90 minutes before doors, though. But I'm not taking any chances.

My NIN tendencies make me want to do the same but I am only aiming for a front row balcony seat.

allegro
04-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Since I'm from out of town, what are some good bars and places to hang out nearby before and after the show? Also any record stores nearby?

You'll be in the heart of Lakeview, it's a MECCA of bars and restaurants.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=lakeview+restaurants&find_loc=Chicago%2C+IL

http://m.yelp.com/biz/reckless-records-chicago-3

richardp
04-23-2013, 12:40 AM
My NIN tendencies make me want to do the same but I am only aiming for a front row balcony seat.

Yeah I'm ditching front row for a more centered position so I can get the full effect of the visuals.

lady weetly
04-23-2013, 02:44 AM
You'll be in the heart of Lakeview, it's a MECCA of bars and restaurants.

http://m.yelp.com/search?find_desc=lakeview+restaurants&find_loc=Chicago%2C+IL

http://m.yelp.com/biz/reckless-records-chicago-3

There's Reckless (linked above), Gramaphone if you're into House or Electronic, and Groovin High is right down the street from the Vic (if the fucker ever opens it). :)

Swykk
04-23-2013, 02:51 AM
Really looking forward to this show. I had to have one of my dogs put down today and could use some fun. I too plan to visit reckless, the xchange and perhaps a meal at Native. See you guys there...

eversonpoe
04-23-2013, 08:03 AM
i'll probably be in line around 4 or 5, depending on when i get home from work. hopefully it won't be raining. my girlfriend is coming straight from work to meet me, and i have no idea what we're doing for dinner. the problem with getting take-out from cheesie's across the way is that they probably won't give me an alcoholic root beer to go...

anyway, i'll be wearing a button up shirt and a bow tie (which is how i dress when i'm not working) if anyone wants to say hello.

Hazekiah
04-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Reckless Records = HIGHLY recommended! Keep any eye out for Chris Connely if you drop in, btw. He's a manager there and SUPER friendly. And I wouldn't worry about finding booze to go...the House of 1,000 liquors is RIGHT across the street diagonally from The Vic! Speaking of which, I'll be the guy in pigtails running back & forth & drinking in line beforehand if anyone wants to chat over drinks while we wait. And hopefully smoking out (or else LOOKING to!) for that matter, lol. Just don't bug me or sing along atonally anywhere NEAR me if you spot while I'm filming the show, plz. Other than that let's see how many ets-ers we can get together for a quick snapshot so we can show those pansies at all the other shows how to REALLY do a group photo! But most importantly just go nuts & have blast, damnit! Hope to see you all there. :)

jrdsctt
04-23-2013, 10:48 AM
My girlfriend and I will be there, hopefully we can run into some of you.

heavenly_bearded
04-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Ended up finding a last minute babysitter, leaving Minneapolis shortly. Going to meet up with blackbookpress1984. Hope to see everyone else there too!

Hazekiah
04-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Just got into town on Amtrak and had to transfer from the Red Line to the Brown anyway so I hopped downstairs for a minute to give everyone a sitrep. It's a lovely and very comfortable 63 degrees at 11 a.m. and the buses are here and loading in with 4 very pleasant fans already waiting in line for their presale tickets under an awesome scrolling lightboard marquee with a mock-up of the band's promo shot. Good deals on cheap booze at the Walgreens across the street, btw. Oh, and the Subway sandwich shop down Belmont just past the El is one of the few in the city with falafel. Also highly recommended & deliciously cheap, lol.

richardp
04-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Anyone know if people are going to be able to bring in DSLRs tonight, like at other shows?

Hazekiah
04-23-2013, 12:32 PM
Tried asking but no one from the venue was available. They're usually assholes about it, though...HBO used to film stand-up here (Bill Hicks, w00t!), so they got spoiled by the big money and greedy for filming fees and stuff, I guess. But you never know! Still less than 10 people in line but it's rainy now, btw.

Wolfkiller
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Running late, leaving now (3ish hour drive)! See you all there! I'll be rocking a FUCK YOUR CLIQUE shirt if anyone wants to say hi.

allegro
04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Just got into town on Amtrak and had to transfer from the Red Line to the Brown anyway so I hopped downstairs for a minute to give everyone a sitrep. It's a lovely and very comfortable 63 degrees at 11 a.m. and the buses are here and loading in with 4 very pleasant fans already waiting in line for their presale tickets under an awesome scrolling lightboard marquee with a mock-up of the band's promo shot. Good deals on cheap booze at the Walgreens across the street, btw. Oh, and the Subway sandwich shop down Belmont just past the El is one of the few in the city with falafel. Also highly recommended & deliciously cheap, lol.
Every time I go to the Vic, I eat at Leona's (ever since Muskies closed down).

jrdsctt
04-23-2013, 03:26 PM
So how long is the line?

richardp
04-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Getting ready to head to the venue now. I'm pretty much unintentionally covered in grey today. So if you see a skinny dude wearing nothing but grey, it's probably me. Really hoping to get a poster tonight!

Swykk
04-23-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm in line now. Not very many people in front of me. Signed poster remains a possibility.

Five_Hole
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
DIIV has cancelled their set tonight (their 2nd cancelled Chicago appearance in a row). Apparently they are adding a DJ in their place. Ugh.

BestTonyEver
04-23-2013, 05:05 PM
We are next door at City Suites Hotel! If anyone sees me ill be wearing a piratebay shirt! Please say Hi and if anyone has anything fun going on after the show please let me know!

i hope everyone has as much fun as I will!

jrdsctt
04-23-2013, 05:21 PM
My girlfriend and I are heading over there. I'm wearing skinny grey jeans and a red and black checkered hoodie. See you all soon!

gladcarrot
04-23-2013, 05:51 PM
For the record, Ryan Jonik is awesome.

Torgo
04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
For the record, Ryan Jonik is awesome.

Yeah, that guy is pretty cool.

Avarik
04-23-2013, 08:09 PM
DIIV has cancelled their set tonight (their 2nd cancelled Chicago appearance in a row). Apparently they are adding a DJ in their place. Ugh.

You should rejoice, this is a blessing. Even if the DJ is just average (which it sounds like he is from what I'm hearing on Soundcloud) at least it's music that is somewhat relevant to HTDA. DIIV don't fit in at all.

hippygeek
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
So, since it's now on and everyone's in place, I think now's a good time to announce what we've been up to...

TOIOU is back up and running, with a full crew for editing and color coding live video, and is working with RITC to record tonight's show.

Rob Sheridan has very kindly worked with us to get us in with pro camera's to film tonight's HTDA show. We have 7 cameras filming tonight - 2 EX3's, 2 EX1's, a FS100 and 2 DSLRs, with possibly more angles coming from tapers that are arriving independently. We also have several mics in the crowd and will hopefully get something official from the band to make up a great audio track for the recording. Basically, we've emptied the TOIOU bank account to pay for the rental of these cameras so that we can get the best quality recording possible. I'm sure we'll work out how to get that cash back at some point, but the very point of the account is to have money set aside for projects such as this, so it's money well spent.

A big tip of the hat to Ryan @ RITC for stepping up and organizing the team in Chicago. I don't know about you, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the team can produce. Ash512, Alex(shitfuckdamn) and at least one other person will be editing with a few other people stepping in in other technical roles (apologies for not naming, i don't remember half their screen names and don't want to use real names without permission).

I'm sure Ryan will update us all on how the night has gone later. 'til then...

http://cliveholloway.net/ets/htda.jpg

Magtig
04-23-2013, 08:30 PM
You peoples are fucking awesome!

allegro
04-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Chi-CAHHHHHHHHHH-go!!!!!!

gorast
04-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Whoa, that was completely out of nowhere. It'll be great to see the finished product in a few months.

DVYDRNS
04-23-2013, 09:19 PM
I'll be mixing audio! Looking forward to getting started! Very excited. :)

heavenly_bearded
04-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Fantastic. Happy I didn't watch a the videos and left some suprises. Thanks to my friend blackbookpress1984 for showing hospitality to an out of towner :-)

richardp
04-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Show was UNREAL. I got dead center, railing, on the first floor level. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Put LITS lightshow to shame. The part where the stage looked like it was coming at the crowd was so cool. Also extremely cool that TOIOU was there filming. I was so curious when I noticed pro-cameras EVERYWHERE.

Oh and one last thing, whoever it was that was saving a spot on the front rail AND the first level railing on the floor at the same time, and chastised a couple of dudes for simply standing around in that area, then proceeded to yell "TRENT!!!" throughout the whole show, has some class and decency. That shit was rude and obnoxious.

Other than that, it was an incredible show and I had a blast!

Five_Hole
04-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Here is tonight's poster:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8677449988_c4f78d909b.jpg

eversonpoe
04-23-2013, 11:34 PM
i was amazed at how many idiots were yelling out ANYTHING during some of the quieter moments. like, is the first vocal break at the beginning of ice age really the best time to yell "fuck yes!!!" at the top of your lungs? no.

other than that (and the nearly blinding lights during the wake up) it was amazing. possibly one of the best live shows i've ever seen. mariqueen can really belt it out and it was so nice to see her giving an emotional performance (not that i doubted anything about her abilities previously). trent looked awesome with drumsticks in his hands. i love the way atticus & rob both move to the music. alessandro's backup vocals were gorgeous.

this was so much fun and, to be quite honest, more enjoyable (sonically and visually) than any of the times i've seen NIN.

Avarik
04-24-2013, 12:14 AM
I hope we get a soundboard recording to go with the video taken, I'd like to hear the music not people screaming about TRENT REZNOR

richardp
04-24-2013, 12:37 AM
this was so much fun and, to be quite honest, more enjoyable (sonically and visually) than any of the times i've seen NIN.

I was genuinely thinking about this on the train ride back to my friend's apartment. It certainly equals any of the times I've seen NIN if not topping them. Between the visuals and the intimacy of the venue, it was just something I never felt at any of the times I saw NIN. And that's not at all a slight in any of the NIN shows I've seen, as they've all been fucking incredible.

xolotl
04-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Man, indeed. What a fantastic bloody show. Many thanks to jessamineny for hooking me up with a ticket after I missed the not-really-a-presale! So glad I was able to make this. The video that I've seen of the HTDA live show really doesn't do it justice - the feeling of visual depth when seeing it live is amazing (and, of course, those delicious delicious bass synths rumbling through your body).

That said, I am extremely eager to see what the TOIOU/RITC crew put out for this show. I was thrilled to see those obviously-pro cameras in the audience. Especially awesome that you had the band's official blessing for it.

ihatecrayons
04-24-2013, 02:48 AM
I had an awesome time, shoutout to my bestie lady weetly. Had rail right in front of Rob, it was so cool. Amazing visuals, awesome sound, just overall awesome. I can't wait to see the video of it later! How cool that that got put together for our show :)

The only thing is that I actually had to put on sunglasses during the wake-up, the lights during that song physically hurt from where I was and considering the fact that I am a recluse and barely ever see lights that bright :P the sunglasses didn't even help, I had to cover my eyes pretty much lol.

btw this is probably my yearly ETS post so hello again everyone :)

icklekitty
04-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Whoa, that was completely out of nowhere. It'll be great to see the finished product in a few months.

You should start following TOIOU and RITC on Facebook and Twitter

ninjaw
04-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Congrats to toiou/ritc, awesome news !

Ash512
04-24-2013, 08:15 AM
If you've shot anything last night, please do come forward and email me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
I will be collecting any extra footage and distributing it back to the other editors. I will need the full uncompressed data.
Depending on your cameras, we may or may not end up using it, but right now, the more sources we can get, the better.

I believe this will be the closest to a "pro-shot" project any "fan-shot" project has ever gotten. The shoot was carefully planned so we don't have to deal with typical technical issues that usually arise from such fan sourced material.

I will be definitely be giving frequent updates as we go along.

trollmanen
04-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Excited to hear about this project. While fan recorded audio is great, and I collect all of it, I really do hope that you guys get the soundboard audio from Rob, as it sounds like the video will be top notch.

Wolfkiller
04-24-2013, 12:02 PM
*kicks dirt* What kinda stupid merch stand is cash only these days? Hmmpf! :(
Awesome show. Despite the kids in front of me experiencing the show through the screen of their cell phones, I had a pretty decent view even showing up hella late. Saw Hazekiah for a brief second, side stepping through the crowd in all his pig tailed and camera toting glory haha. Sorry I missed out on any pre-show group shot activities.

Swykk
04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
TOIOU/RITC--You guys are fucking heroes. I saw pro cameras around but didn't put it together. THANK YOU!

la_mer_27
04-24-2013, 03:33 PM
So, I've read a few people say the railing is better in terms of the seeing the performance, but then I've read others who figured the visuals could be fully observed from a few rows back.
Is there a consensus about last night's show? Anyone who had the railing, could you still make out the visuals to an extent that really wowed you?
Either way, I figure, it's great: you're near the band, or your sucked into the screen. But anyone have pros/cons they've experienced based on where they stood?

ninlive
04-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Well... What can I say? Just wow... Yesterday was a very stressful, but amazing day!!! We got a lot of fantastic footage and all the tapers/filmers did amazing jobs with the cameras. So a big thank you to Joe W, my brother, Robot32, Gladcarrot, Lowlight10, Tapeworm48, and Hazekiah. It was amazing to be able to see so many tapers at one show and be able to chat about the this great hobby that we love to do, and music in general! I honestly thought that was the best part of the day.

This almost didn't get done because the camera rental company we went through messed up our order by thinking we wanted these cameras for the 26th and not the 23rd. Which I definitely put in the numerous e-mails to them that I wanted them for Tuesday the 23rd.. So they had no cameras ready for us, and we got there early (11am) so that we had the gear to go over before entering the venue to get acquainted with them. At first I didn't think it would get done but they said they could source cameras for us. But they wouldn't be ready until 3:30-4... Rob Sheridan was going to let us in for the soundcheck to get setup which would start at 4:30. So after hearing that news we went down to the Vic to check out the venue to where we would place cameras. We talked with Vic Security and John, the production manager who were both very easy going and available to answer any questions. It was awesome.

After that, we went back to wait for all of the cameras. We FINALLY got all of the cameras at about 4:10 and we rushed from the south side of Chicago to the Vic. We did make it a little after 4:30 and all the tapers/filmers were there. We all walked in and Rob Sheridan came over and started giving us directions on what/how they wanted the show to be filmed. Not very strict, but just some general suggestions. First time meeting him and he was a very cool person. We then got all of the cameras setup which took about an hour to get all of that setup and we were ready just before the doors opened for the pre-sale fans.

We had 3 tripods assembled around the venue and then 4 that were roaming the crowd. So if any of us bumped into you, or pushed our way through to get some shots, I am very sorry! The shots are absolutely amazing. I am super proud on how everyone did and a big thanks to Robot32 for getting all of our cameras setup to the same preferences that would be easier for editing and handle the massive lights!

Got all of the footage (about 126GB) transferred after the show in about 45 minutes and we got all of the rented gear back to them by 11:30PM CST. A few stressful moments because they thought we lost a tripod mount and two SxS cards, but they just didn't look at where we placed them! After all of that, we finally started heading back to Michigan and arrived home at 5:45am EST. It was definitely a LONG day. But so WORTH it! I can't wait for everyone to see what we did.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO CLIVE (HIPPYGEEK) FOR SETTING UP THE RENTAL! Without him getting all the finances setup for this, it would not have been possible!

Oh, and PS... The show was NASTY!!! Had a great time watching the visuals when I didn't have my eyes in front of a camera LCD screen.

More to come.

robot32
04-24-2013, 04:49 PM
Thanks so much for inviting me to help out! Had a fucking GREAT time with everyone and the show was incredible, even if I wasn't able to fully experience it. Too bad I was running around elsewhere when you guys were talking with Sheridan, baaaah!

Cheers, and thanks again!

ihatecrayons
04-24-2013, 05:28 PM
So, I've read a few people say the railing is better in terms of the seeing the performance, but then I've read others who figured the visuals could be fully observed from a few rows back.
Is there a consensus about last night's show? Anyone who had the railing, could you still make out the visuals to an extent that really wowed you?
Either way, I figure, it's great: you're near the band, or your sucked into the screen. But anyone have pros/cons they've experienced based on where they stood?

I was at the rail in front of Rob, and I was so very wowed by the visuals. You might get the full experience of the visuals better from a distance, but being at the rail doesn't diminish any of the optical illusions or just generally cool visual elements in my opinion. The only con I had related to this is something I already mentioned in a previous post, that the blinding bright white lights during the wake-up (the first song of the night) physically hurt my eyes and I not only had to wear sunglasses, but actually had to cover my eyes hahaha. The rest of the show was completely fine and not too bright though, just damn that first song lol. But I am so very glad I got rail for this, it was so fun and I loved being that close for it!

ericy210
04-24-2013, 05:41 PM
The best was to summarize the atmosphere is to say it was like everyone's first concert. Spellbound by the visuals- it was like wearing 3d glasses. Lots of oohs and aaahs. Mariqueen was awesome, I'd see her solo, and trent was in top form.
i had $52 and thanks to the guy behind me for giving me $3 so I could get the autographed poster and not wanting it back.

richardp
04-24-2013, 07:00 PM
Wrote a review for the show for my website. Feel free to check it out!

http://lostinreviews.com/2013/04/htda-chicago/

ericy210
04-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Who was the opening dj? Was in Dominick fernrow of vatican shadow and prurient?

lady weetly
04-24-2013, 10:18 PM
A guy called Trancid (http://www.androidesparanoide.com/)!

eversonpoe
04-24-2013, 11:47 PM
he also works at the metro, i think...but i can't remember. he works somewhere that i've seen him a lot in chicago.

LexTron6K
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
I was the guy mentioned earlier who yelled "fuck yes" during Ice Age. My apologies if I diminished your experience in the slightest. I did get a visible chuckle out of Trent later in the evening, so I think it's safe to say that there was at least one person in the building whose night wasn't ruined by my excitement.

And wow TOIOU folks. . . I had no idea that this would be going down, and I can't even being to tell you how grateful and excited I am for the work that you've put in and the work to come.

eversonpoe
04-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I was the guy mentioned earlier who yelled "fuck yes" during Ice Age. My apologies if I diminished your experience in the slightest. I did get a visible chuckle out of Trent later in the evening, so I think it's safe to say that there was at least one person in the building whose night wasn't ruined by my excitement.

don't get me wrong, i'm REALLY glad you enjoyed the show and yelled something positive...i just don't understand the compulsion that a good portion of the audience felt to yell so often during quiet moments...i feel like it messes with the energy the band is putting out and it throws off some people.

anyway, i have nothing against you. haha.

renic
04-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Show was UNREAL. I got dead center, railing, on the first floor level. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Put LITS lightshow to shame. The part where the stage looked like it was coming at the crowd was so cool. Also extremely cool that TOIOU was there filming. I was so curious when I noticed pro-cameras EVERYWHERE.

Oh and one last thing, whoever it was that was saving a spot on the front rail AND the first level railing on the floor at the same time, and chastised a couple of dudes for simply standing around in that area, then proceeded to yell "TRENT!!!" throughout the whole show, has some class and decency. That shit was rude and obnoxious.

Other than that, it was an incredible show and I had a blast!

you are only half correct here. that was the girl standing behind me. not only did i have no voice for any kind of yelling, i also agree that it was rude and obnoxious.

ninlive
04-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Just want to throw out there that Tapeworm's recording from this night is now available for download. This will definitely be one of the best of the tour!

http://t.co/fkclOmWnJN

neorev
04-26-2013, 12:31 AM
Just want to throw out there that Tapeworm's recording from this night is now available for download. This will definitely be one of the best of the tour!

http://t.co/fkclOmWnJN

Unfortunately Track 18 on Tapeworm's recording keeps coming up corrupted for me. Anyone else having this problem?

ninlive
04-26-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm checking right now to see if there is a problem. Hang tight.

EDIT(x2): I am not sure why it's giving an error? I just played through it and it was fine. Actually, if you check the ffp text file it says everything is good.

neorev
04-26-2013, 12:52 AM
I'm checking right now to see if there is a problem. Hang tight.

Thanks for the quick response. Tried downloading it four different times and it's just track 18 that keeps coming up corrupted.
Listening to the other tracks, great recording by the way.

ninjaw
04-26-2013, 01:23 AM
I saw three Dime torrents, maybe you can try it on your files, it will fix any file damage almost instantly.

BTW i hadn't time to check, I guess there was a speech ? it's for subtitling purpose.

ninlive
04-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Ok, I am just going to re-up the .zip file. Should fix the problem.

neorev
04-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Ok, I am just going to re-up the .zip file. Should fix the problem.

Yeah, fixed! Works now, thanks so much! Came out great, can't wait for this release.

jrdsctt
04-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Took a couple videos if anyone is interested, nothing on a TOIOU caliber:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhVE75YO8P8&list=UUwWV0fmXEfWMRJIz6V-6arg&index=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y75sxUiKA08&list=UUwWV0fmXEfWMRJIz6V-6arg&index=2

xfocalinx
04-28-2013, 02:27 AM
Such an amazing show. I'm so glad i flew in to Chi town for this. Shout out to everyone I met at the show while waiting in line for 6 hours. Even though I stupidly didn't bring a hoodie, cause I wasn't used to your Chicago weather and freezing for a good bit of the time I really enjoyed it because of meeting you guys! (Rachel, Staci, Zack, Eric, and everyone else!) Such a phenomenal show. I look forward to seeing you all again..soon.

Swykk
04-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Update: Have the files up and playing in Winamp. How do I get them to work in iTunes?

eversonpoe
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Update: Have the files up and playing in Winamp. How do I get them to work in iTunes?

download "all2mp3" which is free online and convert them from FLACs to MP3s.

kgebhardt
04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8266/8693669618_bfeacf65cd_o.jpg

Hey guys! Here is the one page spread that I did of the Chicago show! It was for the Columbia Chronicle at Columbia College! If you want a copy of the paper there are plenty to go around.

Hope you like it :)

Ash512
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
LAST CALL

The editing process will soon begin on RITC/TOIOU's project (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1463-2013-04-23-Chicago-IL-The-Vic?p=82924#post82924). If you haven't sent in your footage yet, please contact me : ppchevigny@filmssix.com
You can upload any footage you have on DropBox or WeTransfer and send me a link. We need the original, uncompressed data.
Please include your full contact info so we can get in touch if we need to : name (or username if you'd rather remain anonymous), full address and phone number.

BRoswell
06-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Any news to report?

heavenly_bearded
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Any news to report?

Yeah, I still need 2 tickets :) looking to pay face-$150 ea

ninlive
06-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Any news to report?

If you're talking about the video edit, all of the video is synced and well under way.

BRoswell
06-04-2013, 09:20 PM
If you're talking about the video edit, all of the video is synced and well under way.

Excellent.

L4YER_CAK3
09-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Forgot I took this pic. Amazing show, can't wait for the RITC edit.

http://i.imgur.com/NNEgQVL.jpg

hippygeek
09-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Keep posting in this thread. I think we're getting soundboard audio "soon", heh.

Ryan
10-19-2014, 03:08 PM
When?

ten characters

Ryan
10-20-2014, 10:34 PM
Is it soon yet?

Swykk
04-27-2015, 06:01 PM
How now is soon?!

NIN64
04-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Will the TOIOU release ever happen at this point?

RJK
04-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Will the TOIOU release ever happen at this point?

It hasn't been that long since there was movement. I'd say stay patient.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/showthread.php?p=243750

BRoswell
05-02-2015, 03:21 PM
https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/593791106799837184

NIN64
05-03-2015, 06:50 AM
https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/593791106799837184

Why can't I "like" this twice?

Hazekiah
05-19-2015, 02:37 PM
I am excite!

Sounds like it's maybe just about time to re-open the pertinent thread...

XD

NIN64
05-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Need an update!!

Hazekiah
06-02-2015, 05:29 AM
It's only been a full month TO THE DAY since our last update.

(Not that I'm keeping track or anything.)

Considering it's over TWO YEARS since the show in question, however...I can't help but agree!!!

Still, any news is good news.

Right?

:D

Ash512
06-22-2015, 07:35 AM
The editing, color correction, packaging... pretty much everything is ready to go.
The main reason the release was delayed so much was because we were under the impression that the HTDA camp would provide us with a pro audio mix. It's been radio silence for three months since we sent them the final cut. So we're getting this out without them, unfortunately.

We are looking for an audio engineer with experience that'd be willing to pump out the best possible mix from multiple fan recorded sources in the next few days, so we can finally put this thing out.

Send me your resumes : pp@davai.ca

Avarik
06-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Twitter rob sheridan about it

ninlive
06-23-2015, 10:54 PM
Twitter rob sheridan about it

We have a more direct contact than that. When we were setting up for the show way back when, we asked Rob about a board feed for that night. I was hoping that I could just plug in from XLR's into a recorder. They said they would rather mix it properly in the studio and send it to us. Obviously you know that tour rehearsals for NIN started up right after that, new album, festival/tension tour and then all the stuff in 2014. So obviously this wasn't top priority. lolz. No worries though, I think the audience recording that is mixed in is just as fantastic.

NIN64
06-28-2015, 12:01 PM
The editing, color correction, packaging... pretty much everything is ready to go.
The main reason the release was delayed so much was because we were under the impression that the HTDA camp would provide us with a pro audio mix. It's been radio silence for three months since we sent them the final cut. So we're getting this out without them, unfortunately.

We are looking for an audio engineer with experience that'd be willing to pump out the best possible mix from multiple fan recorded sources in the next few days, so we can finally put this thing out.

Send me your resumes : pp@davai.ca

I would have expected this bit of news to get more of a response in this thread.

BRoswell
07-17-2015, 01:18 PM
https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus/status/622107979672875008

NIN64
07-18-2015, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/Thisoneisonus/status/622107979672875008
Fingers crossed for a physical release...

Ash512
07-24-2015, 09:14 AM
There it is. ENJOY
http://toiou.org/htda/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdL_SOIQPE

xolotl
07-24-2015, 09:19 AM
http://toiou.org/htda/

Woohoo! Many congrats, everyone involved in that project. Fantastic news!

sheepdean
07-24-2015, 09:42 AM
Fuck yes!

I am ready and willing for a bluray, and so happy to finally have this

Hazekiah
04-23-2016, 06:59 AM
THREE YEARS AGO TODAY
OMFG WHAT AN HONOR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/Hazekiah/image_zpspr3mhcji.jpeg

ninlive
04-23-2020, 03:08 PM
7 years ago...

I am still very fond of this show... Still can't believe we got all the cameras together after the rental shop messed our date of rental up. Looking back, I would've loved to get some more roaming footage. But was really happy with the result. Was looking back through my emails today and realized the person who emailed me about the soundboard audio was actually an exec at Columbia Records. lol.... I'd still love to see if this can be a possibility for the physical release. A real long shot. But you never know. I've seen weirder things happen.

Since my signed poster is at my folks house in Michigan, whenever I go back home I look at that and think how awesome of an experience that was. I'd love to do something like that again, if the opportunity ever arose.