PDA

View Full Version : Infamous

Wretchedest
02-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I can't believe there isn't an Infamous thread yet! But there hasn't been much news for the series since the old board went down.

As we all know, Infamous is an open world action-adventure series originally centered around electricity powered Cole McGrath, and set in post apocalyptic versions of American cities. The graphics are off the chart, the gameplay is tight, and the writing is some of the best gaming has to offer. Infamous is one of my favorite gaming series.

Yesterday, Infamous: Second Son was announced for the upcoming Playstation 4, and comes with some surprising changes for the series. Namely that Cole McGrath is being replaced as the protagoist by Delsin Rowe, a dude with the power to control smoke. This sort of makes sense because at the end of Infamous 2 Cole either dies while wiping out every conduit on earth, or goes on a genocidal rampage . All signs point to a canonization of Infamous 2's evil ending.

Still, this is kind of surprising since it seems like Cole was such a popular character. and so was Zeke! I feel like Sucker Punch and Sony sunk a lot into him as a face of the Playstation brand, even. I think it stands to reason that Cole will actually be the villain in Infamous: Second Son. It allows for the canonization of Infamous 2's evil ending, preserves a popular character and creates some interesting moral quandaries to be exploited.

Infamous: Second Son takes place in Seattle, abandoning the alternate world city names used in previous games, and takes place 7 years after Infamous 2.

Space Suicide
02-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I have the first game due to Playstation Network hack fuck up compensation plan and I own the second game since I was able to get it new for $20.00 last Fall. Yet to play it and yet to beat first game.

The games are pretty neat but this is a series I can't sit down and play for hours upon hours at one sitting.

I'll beat them both sometime haha.