PDA

View Full Version : Destiny

Pages : [1] 2 3

october_midnight
02-17-2013, 02:39 PM
New FPS MMO from Bungie. So far looks and sounds incredible.

www.destinythegame.com (http://www.destinythegame.com)

Always-online game that is a co-op style FPS that claims to be different every single time you play it. MMO in that it's again always online and you just jump in, MMO style.

The article here (http://www.oxm.co.uk/50286/features/destiny-how-bungie-plans-to-change-gaming-all-over-again/) has a ton of info. Bold statements, too...

"Destiny is going to be the best one you've ever played," he says. "That's our goal. We've learned our lesson from MMOs, we've learned our lessons from Facebook games, but Destiny is a console first-person shooter. It's the type of game that we love to play, that our fans love to play."

Sounds pretty incredible...

Self.Destructive.Pattern
02-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Been following this for some time now... I cannot wait!

Wretchedest
02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
It sounds good, very exciting. I see Activision as an absolute red flag at this point so there's some skepticism in me.... as ever. I'm surprised they didn't show more actual gameplay. The overall concept seems kind of difficult to grasp, and showing off some next-gen graphics really could have cranked up the hype.

sentient02970
02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Game is already taking pre orders but isn't planned to be released this year. I just don't get that at all.

SM Rollinger
03-31-2013, 04:27 PM
I see Activision as an absolute red flag at this point so...
Activision is strictly the publisher here, they have no input whatsoever. Bungie kinda/sorta got fucked by Microsoft, so this time around they are retaining the rights to all creative decisions and the actual ownership of the IP itself.

Im jacked for this one, ive been a Bungie fanboy since the days of Marathon Infinity on the Mac.

Anyways, I was going to start a thread for Destiny, but i somehow missed this one compleatly. But, I guess there is some new footage from the GDC earlier this week, somebody want to link it if they can? (im not on an actual computer rite now)

ibanez33
03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Game is already taking pre orders but isn't planned to be released this year. I just don't get that at all.

GTA V started taking preorders last year and won't be out until September this year, it just seems like the thing to do these days so everyone buys it while it's all hyped up, then when it gets closer to being finished and looks like it might not be worth buying, they've already got your money. I have complete faith in Rockstar to make GTA V as good as they can, but I'll wait a while before getting interested in Destiny.

darktemplar007
04-02-2013, 07:59 PM
I hope this gets a PC release so bad.
If not ill pick it up on 360. Looks amazing. Really interested in seeing what Bungie will do with a new IP.

october_midnight
05-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Good. God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1BM9XRgvw

Anyone else been keeping up with this? Can't wait...

Space Suicide
05-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm on the fence with this new franchise.

Wretchedest
06-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Did any one get an alpha code? i signed up but for some reason: no code.

Tums206_BFY
06-14-2014, 05:22 PM

I signed up but got an email from Playstation/Bungie thanking me for my interest but I did not meet the requirements lol whatever that means. Guess I had to be the PS main account holder.

sick among the pure
06-14-2014, 06:14 PM

My fiance got one, the Alpha was surprisingly long. 2 main quests (one of which is an open area where you can do a lot of different shit) and 2 multiplayer maps.
It's like a nice mix of Halo and Borderlands.

Wretchedest
06-15-2014, 01:03 PM
I got a code! Theres a lot to talk about.

-This game has some of the best graphics Ive ever seen, it is gorgeous.

- the vibe and gameplay set itself far enough from Borderlands to be distinct. I never liked Borderlands but I do like Destiny.

-encountering people in the wild has that Journey like feeling, its really cool.

-multiplayer is like a faster halo. People dont resist feath as hard as halo so its a bit more frantic.

-your guns dont reload whe. You respawn in MP which is....

- one of the many signs that micro transactions will hamstring an otherwise really cool game. The evidence is every where

-when you buy items you buy a code for a broader class of item and the receive an item at random.... Seriously

-items have Magic: the Gathering like rarities.

There is no real "space travel". Travelling is like mass effect, its not a true, connected open world.

-customizing your space ship is pointless: the only time you see your ship is during loading screens. Customizing your ship = customizing your loading screen.

- i dislike that numbers fly out of your oppone.ts when you hit them. I hope they have an option to remove it.

-its halo meets diablo and then you can take your character into some very competent pvp.

Space Suicide
06-15-2014, 01:56 PM
After watching PS4 peeps play the alpha on youtube and twitch, I have decided to get this game. It'll tide me over for 2 months for Sunset Overdrive plus it actually looks amusing and fun for co-op. However, I can see from a mile away that it is overhyped. I have no doubt in my mind that it will be great but all the hype and praise its getting won't deliver.

I hope the game is supported (FAIRLY on both platforms) and has a long life.

Thiah
06-15-2014, 02:32 PM
I'm downloading the alpha right now. I'll post thoughts as well when I get a chance to spend some time with it.

The landscapes immediately reminded me of Halo levels. The pikes are also pretty much exactly like the Halo ghost vehicles.
The graphics are pretty amazing.
like Wretchedest said, the ship traveling is like 95% Mass Effect which isn't a bad thing at all. I love it in fact.
i was surprised by the 3rd person stuff in the game which turned out to be cool and EXACTLY like Mass Effect which is an amazing thing for me.
i like the fact that you HAVE to play multiplayer into order to get certain types of points in order to upgrade your stuff. I'm sure there will be some people who are not down with that.
I like the customization options for your character. I imagine they only get better as you unlock stuff and level up.
Also, was pleasantly surprised to hear Peter Dinklage in the game.

Wretchedest
06-15-2014, 08:37 PM
what do you have to get from multiplayer? i didn't notice that?

Rabbit
06-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I find this game to be kinda boring. I see how it gets hyped and I'm sure it's a competent game for your money but is this worthy of a new franchise ? No.

thelastdisciple
06-15-2014, 10:10 PM
I find this game to be kinda boring. I see how it gets hyped and I'm sure it's a competent game for your money but is this worthy of a new franchise ? No.
Hmm I haven't played the alpha but I've read/heard from a few folks that can't seem to get over how much this is just a mashup of Halo, Mass Effect and Borderlands which doesn't end up feeling fresh enough for them and i could certainly see that being something that's bothersome.

I can't even fathom how extremely difficult it must be to come up with a new IP that isn't just a melting pot of other IPs or at least something that ends up disguised well enough so that it doesn't feel that way, something that doesn't actually look or play similarly to anything else out there.

Wretchedest
06-15-2014, 10:38 PM
First of all, every AAA title is a derivative hype machine.

I went in worried that it woukd be too much like those games and that i wouldnt like it for this or that reason. I thought it was going to suck for sure. But i woukd ACTUALLY play it before saying its too mucb like all of those games. Its quite abit more like journey, also. It does abbit to stand out.

The thing that ghreatens to suck about is microtransactions.

Maury
06-16-2014, 02:17 AM
I hope this happens because I want to play this at full specs with my friends and without buying a PS4:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/15/destiny-on-pc-a-heavy-point-of-discussion-at-activision/

Space Suicide
07-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Since today's 7 on 7, time for an announcement. (http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/destiny-beta-details-announced-collectors-edition-revealed-and-unboxed-ign-first)

Honestly, they look like reshashed Reach Legendary Edition contents.

Before I even read the news, I KNEW they'd have the Ghost thing for the centerpiece collectable item.

Rabbit
07-17-2014, 05:57 AM
anyone here gonna be playing the beta? game is getting all types of hype online but then i talk to normal people and they're meh. me, personally, so far what i've seen looks boring as hell.

i'll give the beta a go as a last decision on purchasing

Wretchedest
07-17-2014, 02:42 PM
I enjoyed the alpha. The competition element isnt great but i dig the exploring element and the combat. The graphics are excellent. I dislike game that are loot driven.

Space Suicide
07-17-2014, 02:59 PM
I enjoyed the alpha. The competition element isnt great but i dig the exploring element and the combat. The graphics are excellent. I dislike game that are loot driven.

Hopefully the game will be good. I'm just waiting on the Xbox One beta to start next Wednesday.

Tums206_BFY
07-18-2014, 12:32 AM
I started today but only did that first level mandatory thingy you have to do just to check it out...Will def play more tomorrow and this weekend. Lol all the players running around in the city was kinda funny.

Quick question how do you get into multiplayer? is it something you have to unlock or is it there? I wanna check that out

Piko
07-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Seems like you're thrown into the multiplayer almost off the bat. I wonder how it works. There were random people in my mission (off doing their own things). And I saw some people in the tower. I'm sure there's got to be different servers and you just get lumped in with whomever. Kinda curious as to how it really works.

bruised
07-20-2014, 01:18 AM
I pre-odered on my PS3, created my bungie account, verified my email, and still have no beta code. Am I missing something?

Space Suicide
07-20-2014, 09:49 AM
I pre-odered on my PS3, created my bungie account, verified my email, and still have no beta code. Am I missing something?

1) You're probably late.
2) Might be a spam issue.
3) Depending on your e-mail account of choice you might not get an e-mail at all. My AOL account never seen any e-mail from them. The moment I switched to my gmail account I got it literally within seconds.

bruised
07-20-2014, 11:39 AM
1) You're probably late.
2) Might be a spam issue.
3) Depending on your e-mail account of choice you might not get an e-mail at all. My AOL account never seen any e-mail from them. The moment I switched to my gmail account I got it literally within seconds.
Thanks for the reply. This morning, I went to the demos section of the PS store, and the beta was there for download. Never got a code, or an email. Still, I don't know if it's multiplayer or not, just doing a story thing now. Cant wait to play more!

Wretchedest
07-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Multiplayer is like journey most of the time: you wander around doing your thing, and people or groups of people appear at random throughout a given mission area. You can choose to party up with them or just follow them around. In the alpha, this wasnt enabled until you completed the first mission.

There is also a competitive multiplayer option that is basically just match making. You can reach it the same way you reach the hub/shop world. A lot of perks and experienxe and equipment can only be earned by playing that mode.

Jinsai
07-20-2014, 12:55 PM
The online implementation of this game is what makes it interesting to me... First time since the Souls series that I've thought the online sounded intriguing in a game, outside of the obvious appeal of "playing a game with your friends remotely" or "beating strangers who yell at you through a headset."

Space Suicide
07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
So based on the beta...

It's gonna be a good game and the beta is amusing. HOWEVER, I'm not that blown away by it or will no life it after release. Not GOTY material to me, nor is it deserving the type of hype it is. I can say I haven't given one glance, nod or ounce of attention to cutscenes or the story. A mixture of not caring and not knowing either. I know the basics. That's good enough.

It is a solid game with exceptionally great sound and wonderful gun mechanics/hit detection.

Unless it's partied up fireteams in lobbies together, the matchmaking is so broken. One team destroys the other. I'm usually on the losing end as well. Makes for boring, irritating playtime.

Tums206_BFY
07-23-2014, 01:29 PM
My thoughts from the Beta (PS4):

- If you like Borderlands you might like this. I wasn't enamored with Borderlands but I did liked it. That is the first game I thought as soon as I started playing this. With a bigger social presence, Massive world, and probably what will be a less interesting story (I'm not gonna judge the rest game from the Beta but honestly I don't even understand what this story is about or maybe don't care from playing the first few missions).

-The Competitive Multiplayer is where I think this game has it's strongest resemblance to Halo, granted I am no Halo expert by any means and many here probably have way more experience then I ever did. Not bad though have had a good time playing. The vehicles feel a little overpowered.

-Wish they would have opened up a couple other Crucible modes. They still might I guess....

-Game looks nice I mean graphically it's not going to blow you away if you are looking for stuff like that but its nice.

-Come on Bungie a 8 level cap??? Should have been at least a couple more. That's just me complaining I guess.

- I am one of those people who will most likely play a good majority of this game solo. One of my good friends is getting the game also so I'm sure I'll team up with him once in a while but I like I said I for see myself playing whatever I can solo on the campaign.

Overall I think it's alright so far kinda gives you a glimpse at what you can expect obviously, hopefully the rest of the world is a little bit more fleshed out and what ever story they are trying to tell gets better. There's a lot to be excited about this game, at least for me, whether it'll live up to that excitement we shall see but I think the ideas are there. Like I said it's the Beta so you are only given so much to work with...

Space Suicide
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
- I am one of those people who will most likely play a good majority of this game solo. One of my good friends is getting the game also so I'm sure I'll team up with him once in a while but I like I said I for see myself playing whatever I can solo on the campaign.

Me too. On both cases. I go solo and one friend who will be getting it. It makes for some unfair, unfun experiences. We couldn't finish the Devil's Lair Strike Mission because it was too hard to play with two people since our matchmade asshole teammate quit for no reason. 45 minutes of wasted time, no ammo, numerous retries and nothing to show for it...yeah, kinda lame.

PVP is a joke without a full 6 man fireteam. One team is massively overpowered, triple and quadruples solo players around the map as they go about and makes the match a squash match with no suspense, fun or even any type of fucking challenge. It's exactly like Call of Duty, I spawn and die literally within seconds feet away from where I started my next life. I have played 9 matches and have lost 8 of them. Fun times. Makes me not even want to play the shit. I even played amazing one match but it didn't matter since the match I went with like a .35 K/D it resulted in the same result: losing team.

I hope they dumbed down the looting, weapons, armor and unlockables for the beta, if not then they lied big time about the expansive array of upgrades, variety of armor and weapons available. It took 7 levels for my character to even look unique from another person and my guns still feel like a watergun. I also feel as powerful and strong as I did at level 1 at level 7, except now I got grenades.

I think I'm starting to find more cons than pros today...

sucks.

Wretchedest
07-23-2014, 03:16 PM
The alpha was actually a little bit better.

The alpha just threw you into the world with most of the basic oerks and then you just figured stuff out. None if this handholding bullshit.

The game falls apart because the missions are all separate. Instead exploring a huge, emergent world, you are guided through a tiny submap on a linear path.

The alpha was like "fuck it figure something out". And it was awesome hecause it was mysterious and new and wierd. This is just one lame shooter mission after another. Probably gonna skip it now.

Piko
07-23-2014, 03:23 PM
The stuff in the beta seems like it could be an early part of the game. Many games hold your hand at the beginning.

Space Suicide
07-23-2014, 03:38 PM
The alpha was actually a little bit better.

The alpha just threw you into the world with most of the basic oerks and then you just figured stuff out. None if this handholding bullshit.

The game falls apart because the missions are all separate. Instead exploring a huge, emergent world, you are guided through a tiny submap on a linear path.

The alpha was like "fuck it figure something out". And it was awesome hecause it was mysterious and new and wierd. This is just one lame shooter mission after another. Probably gonna skip it now.

I'm not calling off the game but it's definitely not near any level of awesome untouchable status people are spouting off and promoting. I like it but it's nothing great.

I don't like games where you can't know anything and you gotta figure it out. That shit annoys me. This game vaguely told me how to find PVP matchmaking and hardly gave any effort in telling me how to really navigate the menus.

Piko
07-23-2014, 03:45 PM
It's a shooter. What's there to really figure out?

Space Suicide
07-23-2014, 04:00 PM
It's a shooter. What's there to really figure out?

Took me 5 minutes to find out how to change my emblem, didn't state why I should dissemble my items and barely any incentive for exploration in missions. I like the game but erg.

bebenegro
07-24-2014, 01:06 PM
So speaking of the beta, does anyone here have a spare code for xbox one? I love to get a chance to test the game out and see if its really all everyone is making it out to be.

october_midnight
07-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Check Twitter or ask a friend. For everyone who preordered, they gave you 3 codes so they're not too hard to come by. As for the beta itself, I dug it...the multiplayer's a bit of a mess and a bit on the easy side, but still pretty awesome. Only thing that kinda irks me is how you can't reload while running, it causes you to have to reload again. Best way is to reload and as soon as you see your bullet count go back to full, start to run...cuts the reload animation in half basically. Also, using the double jump is a bit sluggish, and if you toss a grenade while double jumping, it causes you to instantly fall...caused me to fall in to the abyss more than once haha. Oh well, still awesome and will be a good time waster.

Space Suicide
07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Check Twitter or ask a friend. For everyone who preordered, they gave you 3 codes so they're not too hard to come by. As for the beta itself, I dug it...the multiplayer's a bit of a mess and a bit on the easy side, but still pretty awesome. Only thing that kinda irks me is how you can't reload while running, it causes you to have to reload again. Best way is to reload and as soon as you see your bullet count go back to full, start to run...cuts the reload animation in half basically. Also, using the double jump is a bit sluggish, and if you toss a grenade while double jumping, it causes you to instantly fall...caused me to fall in to the abyss more than once haha. Oh well, still awesome and will be a good time waster.

I had an issue with that too. I've died numerous times on the Shores PVP map when trying to jump over the hole by B point. Sad thing is, I keep doing it. I always forget, instincts to throw ha.

october_midnight
07-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Beta now free (like they did for Titanfall)....look for it on the dashboard of both consoles.

Wretchedest
07-25-2014, 04:10 AM
* double jumping is sluggish and difficult if you're playing a warlock.

I was enjoying my warlock. I like the Super move. I dig the extended melee range, but the double jump really does kill it. Switched to the hunter and I really appreciate the added speed. The golden gun thing is much, much worse especially for the current mp mode. The grenades warlock starts with are perfect for zoning, nbut I think hunter eventually gets grenades that work for zone control as well. and that melee attack is just not as good. The problem with glide is that sometime you'll inexplicably glide downward, which is why people die in that gap all the time.

Space Suicide
07-25-2014, 04:02 PM
* double jumping is sluggish and difficult if you're playing a warlock.

I was enjoying my warlock. I like the Super move. I dig the extended melee range, but the double jump really does kill it. Switched to the hunter and I really appreciate the added speed. The golden gun thing is much, much worse especially for the current mp mode. The grenades warlock starts with are perfect for zoning, nbut I think hunter eventually gets grenades that work for zone control as well. and that melee attack is just not as good. The problem with glide is that sometime you'll inexplicably glide downward, which is why people die in that gap all the time.

I've made two characters - maxed level Hunter and a level 6 Warlock.

I'm torn. I also prefer the movements and speed of the Hunter but the actual move list sucks. The grenades are weak and have a small blast radius. That Void move the warlock does is a destroyer. I don't like the glide double jump the warlock class has either. makes for pros and cons. Before the beta sends I'll start a titan character. That way when the game drops I know what I wanna do first.

Wretchedest
07-25-2014, 04:37 PM
What some people arent noticing is that even after you hit the level peak, your skills continue to level. Hunter gets better grendades and much better jump too.

Conan The Barbarian
07-26-2014, 12:01 AM
I aint gonna lie, I am having fun with this.

BrewHa
07-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I am loving this game so far. I've only played it for an hour or two but it totally feels like a Halo/Mass Effect hybrid.

Madmya
07-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Yep I can see the Mass Effect stylings in this. Also Phantasy Star Online. Lots of those vibes for me. Loving this game. Bungie strikes again.

october_midnight
07-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Inside report saying the game will have 22 Story missions, 11 Crucible maps, 6 Strikes, 4 Exploration areas, and 1 Raid at launch. That doesn't really seem like a lot to me, considering the story missions that were in the beta were pretty short...obviously they'll keep adding to it, but I hope they do so quickly, as the story missions and PvE raids, etc interest me much more than the multiplayer.

Space Suicide
07-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Inside report saying the game will have 22 Story missions, 11 Crucible maps, 6 Strikes, 4 Exploration areas, and 1 Raid at launch. That doesn't really seem like a lot to me, considering the story missions that were in the beta were pretty short...obviously they'll keep adding to it, but I hope they do so quickly, as the story missions and PvE raids, etc interest me much more than the multiplayer.

That's painstakingly short. I'm not even a no -lifer and I could probably beat that in a few days.

Wretchedest
07-28-2014, 02:07 AM
I am liking it a lot now.... But... If that report is true.... What? Thats so short its actually hard to believe. There are what? Maybe 6, 8 missions in the beta.... Thats a third of the game?

Rabbit
07-28-2014, 04:59 AM
The game sucks. This hype i'm seeing just blows my fucking mind. People just love meta game junk these days. I think todays gamers are bread from farmville nonsense. Seriously, bungie with this fucking movement... i feel like i'm walking in molasses. Why do they make everything so slow and sluggish? The game feels like it's made for mentally handicapped gamers with poor reflexes and no common sense.

Coming from Titanfall this PVP is unplayable for me. There's no mobility. It plays like a watered down version of Halo, as if Halo could get anymore watered down.

october_midnight
07-28-2014, 10:00 AM
While I wouldn't put it so dramatically, I am definitely spoiled by the movement in Titanfall lol.

Wretchedest
07-28-2014, 12:30 PM
I dont think everything has to have ultra fast oaced parkour movement.... That woukd be really boring.

Also i dont see any hype at all. Theres a lot of ADVERTISING but everyone i have talked to is giving it a lukewarm reception at best.... So this game seems pretty hypeless to me. Hell read this thread its all eh... I kind of like it?

Space Suicide
07-28-2014, 12:52 PM
I dont think everything has to have ultra fast oaced parkour movement.... That woukd be really boring.

Also i dont see any hype at all. Theres a lot of ADVERTISING but everyone i have talked to is giving it a lukewarm reception at best.... So this game seems pretty hypeless to me. Hell read this thread its all eh... I kind of like it?

I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.

october_midnight
07-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Post from Bungie:

Oh, hello.
Destiny’s pretty big. It’s the biggest game we’ve ever made, by far, and we’re sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you’re a little bit…dedicated.
With Destiny, we’re looking to exceed what we’ve done before, not just in terms of scale – the Moon is our smallest destination – but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That’s true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.
If we’re fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we’ve yet to show off.
We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it’s gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.
Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.
If you did, good news. More soon.

Rabbit
07-29-2014, 02:42 AM
I honestly don't care but I feel sorry for Sony dumping so much money into this game and its advertising. It's not going be the Godsend game people were wanting and hoping for the PlayStation brand. If it is, they're shallow and only kidding themselves.

When the game drops, any fucker that rates it over a 7 is biased or full of shit. I'd give it a 6.5. 7 at most. I'm still buying it and gonna play it but it's not a game I need to play and if they wiped it from existence tomorrow, I could care less.

Uhh... have you seen the jizz fest over at neogaf? It's mainly a pro Sony crowd over there and holy shit you'd think it was going to be the biggest game in decades. The game is junk which makes it all the more amusing to read posts over there.

Post from Bungie:

Oh, hello.
Destiny’s pretty big. It’s the biggest game we’ve ever made, by far, and we’re sort of known for making games you can play for months, years, and even decades if you’re a little bit…dedicated.
With Destiny, we’re looking to exceed what we’ve done before, not just in terms of scale – the Moon is our smallest destination – but in terms of scope and breadth of activities. That’s true for day one, as you expect, but it also means we want Destiny to have super long legs.
If we’re fortunate enough to have you playing months after launch, you still find lots of compelling stuff to do. That will manifest itself in a myriad of ways, from straight up content to cool activities we’ve yet to show off.
We think we did a decent job supporting Halo, post launch, but we were only ever able to cater to the competitive set. That left a lot of players out in the cold. That made a lot of the team grumpy. We wanted to do better. So, Destiny is philosophically built support every type of player, and all modes with ongoing activities and events. We look at it quite a bit like television programming, as opposed to a singular film, as we had in the past. We think it’s gonna be pretty great, but we wanted to test out a bunch of our new stuff with Beta, to make sure we could flip knobs and levers live, reacting and responding with lots (and, ho boy, did we see LOTS) of players online and playing.
Beta was water wings. Level 8 is nothing. You barely scratched the surface, and it seems like some folks had fun with what was there.
If you did, good news. More soon.

Yah.. bungie is known for hyperbole. I haven't bought a single one of their bullshit hype machines in a long time. Every iteration of Halo was worse than teh previous one. Bungie is a dying studio in my book.

Conan The Barbarian
07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Damn, an overstock of haterade in this thread.

Tums206_BFY
07-29-2014, 01:22 PM

I'm pretty sure this game will sell well enough to justify whatever Sony spent on securing content first (Funny to hear Xbox fans complain about that not talking about anyone here but in general from what I have seen around the various web forums). If anything who in the long run should be worried is Activision they are the ones who are footing the bill for most of the advertising and development of this game (according to rumors if you believe them somewhere in the region of $500 Million).

I think the game is OK from the Beta. The moon map was definitely way more interesting than the other map. I'll wait to fully judge the game on it's full release version but the Beta didn't turn me off or get my overly excited about anything, kinda still neutral about things.

-It is a bit disappointing to hear though that there will only be 22 missions. Granted what I played of the Story wasn't really too interesting to me they should have had at least a significant amount north of that.

Space Suicide
07-29-2014, 01:46 PM
Damn, an overstock of haterade in this thread.

Ever since Titanfall I'm taking things by my own opinion and the hype factor for games will never effect me again. I liked the beta but Destiny's just another FPS.

I'm pretty sure this game will sell well enough to justify whatever Sony spent on securing content first (Funny to hear Xbox fans complain about that not talking about anyone here but in general from what I have seen around the various web forums). If anything who in the long run should be worried is Activision they are the ones who are footing the bill for most of the advertising and development of this game (according to rumors if you believe them somewhere in the region of $500 Million).

I think the game is OK from the Beta. The moon map was definitely way more interesting than the other map. I'll wait to fully judge the game on it's full release version but the Beta didn't turn me off or get my overly excited about anything, kinda still neutral about things.

-It is a bit disappointing to hear though that there will only be 22 missions. Granted what I played of the Story wasn't really too interesting to me they should have had at least a significant amount north of that.

Which is sad, its selling solely based on the fact Bungie made it. I bet if another no name company made it, it wouldn't have half of the interest its getting. Maybe I'm used to their practices and what they did to Halo but this new universe is nothing remarkable to me that gears me up for excitement. Halo is held up by a great story, hence why I still squeeze out time for it. I'm not the biggest FPS fan for single player. Halo is like the only exception. hence why even though its just an FPS, it gets a free pass.

I couldn't tell you about Destiny's story minus the Earth and humanity are near extinction and is guarded by a group called the Guardians. They fight "The Darkness" and search for Ghost remnants of fallen guardians in various places. Nothing grabs me in a big way story-wise with this game. The shooting mechanics work great but the game needs more than that.

Rabbit
07-30-2014, 08:54 AM
Ever since Titanfall I'm taking things by my own opinion and the hype factor for games will never effect me again. I liked the beta but Destiny's just another FPS.

Why? what did the hype for Titanfall do to you?

Space Suicide
07-30-2014, 09:16 AM
Why? what did the hype for Titanfall do to you?

I know you enjoy the game a lot but for me it showed how hype and excitement can be met with disappointment and boredom fairly quickly. Destiny reeks of this.

Rabbit
07-30-2014, 04:54 PM
I know you enjoy the game a lot but for me it showed how hype and excitement can be met with disappointment and boredom fairly quickly. Destiny reeks of this.
Well, i wanted to know how Titanfall specifically did this because isn't this just the nature of hype in general? Anytime something is hyped to a degree it can lead to disappointment for some.

I'll say that I wasn't hyped at all for Titanfall, hell i'm not even that big of a fan of COD. So, i guess we can say i was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Jinsai
08-01-2014, 03:02 AM

It'll sell well, and it'll have a Metacritic average over 90%. If there was a Vegas betting pool for that, I'd jump on it.

Everything you're saying here applies to how I've always felt about the Halo games. I'm not excited about Destiny, but this isn't my genre. Some of the online matchmaking stuff sounds fun to me, but I've been too preoccupied to even check out the beta. Whether or not Sony wasted money by securing some bullshit week exclusive to the beta? Not sure how much they had to spend for that, but I would assume it isn't anything that extreme. The Destiny ads they've been running double as PS4 ads.

It's all about getting an install base though... and as far as this game goes, the Xbox user base is seemingly far more interested and invested. Going by Amazon's ranks, Destiny is being outsold by the upscaled rereleases of both The Last of Us AND Tomb Raider on their PS4 charts, while Destiny is number one on the XBone preorders.

If sony was banking on this game being the system seller that would help migrate the Halo crowd to their platform, they didn't succeed at all.

Frozen Beach
08-08-2014, 04:20 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/56235-paul-mccartney-scores-destiny-video-game/ (http://pitchfork.com/news/56235-paul-mccartney-scores-destiny-video-game/)

umm.. what?

Rossva
08-17-2014, 03:32 AM
http://pitchfork.com/news/56235-paul-mccartney-scores-destiny-video-game/ (http://pitchfork.com/news/56235-paul-mccartney-scores-destiny-video-game/)

umm.. what?

X2

i was really hyped for this game but the thought of intense FPS to the sound of the frog chorus is kinda troubling

Frozen Beach
08-17-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm kind of hoping for something along the lines of The Fireman - Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest or Rushes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9Fte9GEs7A

Space Suicide
08-27-2014, 06:18 PM
After wrestling with it since July, I am officially cancelling my pre-order. I can live without this game for a few months. I'll be lucky to pick it up for 20.00 or 30.00 on Black Friday I hope. If not, I'm sure there will be used or new copies for 30.00 a few months after release on Amazon. However, this is just going to be making my gameless summer even worse due to having to wait till the end of September for Middle-earth: Shadow or Mordor.

The game has hit the Xbox Store and PSN Store:

Xbox One - 18 GB
PS4 - 17.4 GB

I expected a bigger game.

Madmya
08-28-2014, 01:06 AM
What? The game will be bigger than any Halo. Question: Did you ever play Phantasy Star Online in the Dreamcast days? Cos that is Destiny, only bigger with delicious Bungie-refined combat.

This is THE game for me. This is the game that made me rush out and buy a bone.

Wretchedest
08-28-2014, 01:19 AM
Thats actually less than half as small as most full games. Strange.

Rabbit
08-28-2014, 04:18 AM
delicious Bungie-refined combat

Like Halo Reach? Cuz this is essentially what this game is with a dash of Borderlands thrown in. I"m perplexed by the hype to be honest. Bungie hasn't made a decent Halo game in my opinion since Halo 2, Halo 3 was passable. What do these guys know how to do exactly? Their controls are clunky, games run at 30fps, and everything moves at a crawl pace.

I'm truly confused because isn't this the reason why Halo got crushed by the Modern Warfare series? Now they're releasing a multiplat game that has Borderland elements in it and you'd think they just broke the genre into new territory.

Sorry for the hatorade but i'm truly confused by this one and i was a HUGE Halo fan.

Madmya
08-29-2014, 01:33 AM
Thats actually less than half as small as most full games. Strange.

But this isn't a straightforward FPS. Bungie has said this is far bigger than anything they've done. A Halo game would take 10-15 hours campaign-wise, there's no way you'll be done with this in that time unless you simply don't like the game. I keep going back to Phantasy Star Online as it has far more similarities than Borderlands, but it was also an online game with just four maps and they showed how you can cram in a tonne of gameplay within those few levels. I'm really surprised by the pessimism. It feels to me that people just don't get it but time will tell on that one.

Madmya
08-29-2014, 01:35 AM
Like Halo Reach? Cuz this is essentially what this game is with a dash of Borderlands thrown in. I"m perplexed by the hype to be honest. Bungie hasn't made a decent Halo game in my opinion since Halo 2, Halo 3 was passable. What do these guys know how to do exactly? Their controls are clunky, games run at 30fps, and everything moves at a crawl pace.

I'm truly confused because isn't this the reason why Halo got crushed by the Modern Warfare series? Now they're releasing a multiplat game that has Borderland elements in it and you'd think they just broke the genre into new territory.

Sorry for the hatorade but i'm truly confused by this one and i was a HUGE Halo fan.

Opinions, eh? I thought Halo Reach was miles better than Halo 2, with Halo 2 being the worst in the series. What do these guys know? Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

Wretchedest
08-29-2014, 01:55 AM
I would never go as far as to say Reach was better than Halo 2. Reach was possibly the worst in the series, with armor lock being so broken as to make the game unplayable. jet packs forced map design into a completely different space, away from the arenas and platformer-esque maps of the past. Run was designated as its own ability. it was a total disaster.

Armor Lock was a game defining ability and there is nothing resembling it in Destiny as far as I can tell. Comparing it to Reach is silly. It IS a lot closer to Halo 4.

This is basically the Halo MMO. And people are pssimistic because big budget gaming has been working hard to earn that pessimism and mistrust. Is it really that different from Halo? not at all.

Halo and Modern Warfare are two very different series, Like super Mario and sonic the hedgehog. Although they have a similar control scheme and both feature a gun. Did Modern Warfare "Crush" Halo? No. That's ridiculous. There are tons of people that love Halo and Hate Call of Duty and vice versa. i for one much prefer Halo, because I think Call of Duty is all about getting the jump on people. You live or die depending on if who sees who first. A face to face show down in halo is far, far more intense. The shields give players time to make meaningful decisions in a one on one encounter that are not available when a single shot is all it takes to put someone down. The maps are more nuanced, because of the platforming element, and overall it just seems like it's a lot more competitive.

That it is "slower" or "sluggish" and whatever framerate i seriously could not care less.

Rabbit
08-29-2014, 04:03 AM
Opinions, eh? I thought Halo Reach was miles better than Halo 2, with Halo 2 being the worst in the series. What do these guys know? Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. Well, your credibility just went out the window LMAO

I would never go as far as to say Reach was better than Halo 2. Reach was possibly the worst in the series, with armor lock being so broken as to make the game unplayable. jet packs forced map design into a completely different space, away from the arenas and platformer-esque maps of the past. Run was designated as its own ability. it was a total disaster.

Armor Lock was a game defining ability and there is nothing resembling it in Destiny as far as I can tell. Comparing it to Reach is silly. It IS a lot closer to Halo 4.

This is basically the Halo MMO. And people are pssimistic because big budget gaming has been working hard to earn that pessimism and mistrust. Is it really that different from Halo? not at all.

Halo and Modern Warfare are two very different series, Like super Mario and sonic the hedgehog. Although they have a similar control scheme and both feature a gun. Did Modern Warfare "Crush" Halo? No. That's ridiculous. There are tons of people that love Halo and Hate Call of Duty and vice versa. i for one much prefer Halo, because I think Call of Duty is all about getting the jump on people. You live or die depending on if who sees who first. A face to face show down in halo is far, far more intense. The shields give players time to make meaningful decisions in a one on one encounter that are not available when a single shot is all it takes to put someone down. The maps are more nuanced, because of the platforming element, and overall it just seems like it's a lot more competitive.

That it is "slower" or "sluggish" and whatever framerate i seriously could not care less.

I made the comparison to reach because the abilities in each can't be countered. In MP none of the abilities as far as the beta goes could be countered in Destiny just like the armor lock couldn't be countered in Reach. An example of magic/abilities that work amazing and can be countered are in ShadowRun (360). Each ability in that game could be mastered but there was an equal counter against it.

You don't find this in Reach nor in Destiny. It's obnoxious as hell, and I don't know why this is considering one of the main guys in charge of Destiny MP is the same guy from ShadowRun, that bearded dude Sage (this actually boggles my mind and leads me to conclude that those design decisions in SR weren't Sages' and actually the original Halo CE head designer John Howard) but anyways

Halo has real sluggish controls, unlike Modern Warfare where everything feels so butterly smooth. This was actual design decisions in halo 3 and above where they inserted these obnoxious ideas of delays in ammo reload, limitations on gun switching, etc without any boost perk (which they ended up doing in Halo 4) when in actuality all they had to do was keep it at a nice, not frustrating as hell speed. And 60fps vs 30fps does matter, it matters A LOT in a competitive shooter.

Truthfully, i'm not even a fan of COD. I much prefer the evolution of COD with Titanfall. Gunplay is better, movement is better, and it's not all about who sees who first most of the time. Anyways, I just don't know what 343i can possibly do to make Halo a modern mainstream MP success like it once was. Halo 4 fell hard, and i'm even at a loss for what can be done to salvage it.

Space Suicide
08-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Truthfully, i'm not even a fan of COD. I much prefer the evolution of COD with Titanfall. Gunplay is better, movement is better, and it's not all about who sees who first most of the time. Anyways, I just don't know what 343i can possibly do to make Halo a modern mainstream MP success like it once was. Halo 4 fell hard, and i'm even at a loss for what can be done to salvage it.

He was talking about Call of Duty, not Titanfall. Regardless, in my experience it's still whomever sees the other first. You get a little more leeway on Titanfall than on Call of Duty though. Also on Titanfall, if you don't have the carbine as your primary weapon at medium to close range you might as well say bye bye. I liked Titanfall for what it was but it suffered from a lot of gameplay hindrances of Call of Duty. The frame rate really dipped in some matches and some lag was off the wall atrocious. I can piss and moan about any Halo game all day but I never experienced the consistent lag I had with Titanfall (talking 360 era).

As for Destiny, I see it more than a paint swap than you and a lot are calling it. No, it's nothing great and it really is a Halo clone but it did have it's own identity when I played the Beta. I just think people aren't as in awe anymore since the FPS genre, sans a few titles like Far Cry and Bioshock, has been stale and a lot of the same stuff for the past 10 years. I'm not overly impressed with the shallow nature and mechanics of Destiny but it does work and seemed to be consistent. More I can say than Titanfall and Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One considering lag in respect, which is funny since Destiny I played was a beta.

On topic of Halo, its the most stood out FPS series I've played that goes hand in hand with competitive gameplay. I know people hated Halo 4 but I truly enjoyed it. No, Bungie didn't spear head the game but A LOT of its team members joined 343Industries to make it and it somewhat shows. I had a lot of fun with it and the numbers that bought it didn't lie either: others liked it too. Yeah, a lot "hated it" and went back to Reach or whatever but I still think the game's campaign gave a huge breath of air. I think 5: Guardians will be an awesome game when it's released.

Madmya
08-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Well, your credibility just went out the window LMAO

Are you for real? You must be primarily talking about PvP MP. I'm not. In a MP sense, Halo 2 is king. Shit, I didn't even touch deathmatch Destiny in the beta. It's not the main course for me. If that's good then it's a bonus. Reach on legendary was bliss.

Destiny is a Halo clone only in the sense of movement. Nothing else about the game is like Halo. Fuck, what do you people want?

Rabbit
08-29-2014, 12:23 PM
Also on Titanfall, if you don't have the carbine as your primary weapon at medium to close range you might as well say bye bye. I liked Titanfall for what it was but it suffered from a lot of gameplay hindrances of Call of Duty. The frame rate really dipped in some matches and some lag was off the wall atrocious. I can piss and moan about any Halo game all day but I never experienced the consistent lag I had with Titanfall (talking 360 era).

More I can say than Titanfall and Call of Duty: Ghosts on the Xbox One considering lag in respect, which is funny since Destiny I played was a beta.

On topic of Halo, its the most stood out FPS series I've played that goes hand in hand with competitive gameplay. I know people hated Halo 4 but I truly enjoyed it. No, Bungie didn't spear head the game but A LOT of its team members joined 343Industries to make it and it somewhat shows. I had a lot of fun with it and the numbers that bought it didn't lie either: others liked it too. Yeah, a lot "hated it" and went back to Reach or whatever but I still think the game's campaign gave a huge breath of air. I think 5: Guardians will be an awesome game when it's released.

Carbine got a slight adjustment, it's not as dominate as it was. It's still number 1 but up close the C.A.R is actually the better weapon without question. Even at mid range the C.A.R can do work. And at distance the Longbow kills the Carbine, all the time. The Carbine is just the utility weapon.

Lag? Well i have no idea what the game plays like on 360 but on the One you get dedicated servers and if you are at least in the 50 ping range you're not experiencing lag at all. I have yet to experience any consistent problems, sure here and there but overall the experience has been nothing short of amazing. I've never had this with any of the Halo games. Host advantage is such a pain in the ass to deal with in games like Halo and Gears so i'm eager to see what those games will be like with the servers.

Halo 4 sucked so bad for me i played maybe for a week? It was terrible. I went right back to ShadowRun.

Are you for real? You must be primarily talking about PvP MP. I'm not. In a MP sense, Halo 2 is king. Shit, I didn't even touch deathmatch Destiny in the beta. It's not the main course for me. If that's good then it's a bonus. Reach on legendary was bliss.

Destiny is a Halo clone only in the sense of movement. Nothing else about the game is like Halo. Fuck, what do you people want?

Going forward lets just say i'm always talking about MP. I could give 2 shits about campaign. I haven't finished a campaign since ummm halo 3?

Space Suicide
08-29-2014, 01:53 PM
Carbine got a slight adjustment, it's not as dominate as it was. It's still number 1 but up close the C.A.R is actually the better weapon without question. Even at mid range the C.A.R can do work. And at distance the Longbow kills the Carbine, all the time. The Carbine is just the utility weapon.

Lag? Well i have no idea what the game plays like on 360 but on the One you get dedicated servers and if you are at least in the 50 ping range you're not experiencing lag at all. I have yet to experience any consistent problems, sure here and there but overall the experience has been nothing short of amazing. I've never had this with any of the Halo games. Host advantage is such a pain in the ass to deal with in games like Halo and Gears so i'm eager to see what those games will be like with the servers.

I own/owned Titanfall on Xbox One, my 360 era talk was regarding Halo games on the 360.

I have a good internet connection but the connection on some matches on Titanfall (the last time) were horrendous. You must be lucky to get as good matches because I get stuck with bullet sponges and warping enemies a lot of the time when I play the game. I'm not getting into another discussion about Titansnooze again since this is the Destiny thread. Both games were and are overrated.

Madmya
08-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Going forward lets just say i'm always talking about MP. I could give 2 shits about campaign. I haven't finished a campaign since ummm halo 3?

Well maybe I should trot out the line saying "Well there goes your credibility out the window LMAO" but I'm not an arrogant wanker. Destiny is so much more than bloody deathmatch, no wonder everyone is just saying it's halo re-skinned. Bloody hell, I feel like an idiot for even thinking we were discussing Destiny when we really weren't.

Rabbit
08-29-2014, 08:10 PM
Well maybe I should trot out the line saying "Well there goes your credibility out the window LMAO" but I'm not an arrogant wanker. Destiny is so much more than bloody deathmatch, no wonder everyone is just saying it's halo re-skinned. Bloody hell, I feel like an idiot for even thinking we were discussing Destiny when we really weren't.

ok? Destiny is Borderlands 2.0 then, how's that? ;)

Madmya
08-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Stick to your dudebro games.

october_midnight
08-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Calm down, child.

Wretchedest
08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Oh, Reach's campaign was great. My gripe was just about mp.

Jinsai
08-29-2014, 11:30 PM
ok? Destiny is Borderlands 2.0 then, how's that? ;)

That's great. I get it.

This is the third or fourth time Elixir has changed his name. Maybe this time he'll at least admit it's him.

Madmya
08-30-2014, 01:22 AM
Calm down, child.

Thanks for the save, Dad.

Rabbit
08-30-2014, 06:30 AM
Stick to your dudebro games.
I didn't mean to offend you, all in good spirits here.

But out of curiosity what is a "dudebro" game? Halo? Made by Bungie? That now makes Destiny? Orrrrr i'm confused, please tell.

Jinsai
08-31-2014, 05:51 PM
I wasn't interested in this game really, but since this guy won't stop complaining about how much he doesn't absolutely love it, it's gotta be good. I've found that my opinion runs polar opposite to anything he has to say about pretty much anything, so now I'm excited.

october_midnight
09-02-2014, 03:22 PM
One more week. The info they've released on the raids sounds pretty promising.

Rabbit
09-03-2014, 02:39 AM
One more week. The info they've released on the raids sounds pretty promising.
Interesting note. They're not sending any review copies out until Monday the 8th.

They gave a bullshit excuse so it seems kinda odd. You'd think they'd have these copies out at least a week in advance.

Madmya
09-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Ohhh here we go. It doesn't matter when review copies go out, they're all useless because the servers don't switch on until Monday morning (presumably that will be midnight in NZ). This isn't the first time this has happened and it's happened with games that have even less of an excuse than Destiny.

Kodiak33
09-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Weird. Diablo 3 didn't have issues with early reviews did it?

Madmya
09-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Polygon will be streaming the game Monday for those interested since there'll be no review by release.

october_midnight
09-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Meh, the beta was good enough for me. I have faith in the developer and loved the beta. I'm also old enough to remember being excited for a game and going and buying it because it was fun, not because Metacritic said it was alright, so there's that.

Jinsai
09-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Interesting note. They're not sending any review copies out until Monday the 8th.

They gave a bullshit excuse so it seems kinda odd. You'd think they'd have these copies out at least a week in advance.

If they were afraid of negative press, they wouldn't be sending out review copies at all. It's not like they have to.

Piko
09-03-2014, 12:19 PM
They're more afraid of leaks. Didn't Reach leak almost a month in advance?

Rabbit
09-03-2014, 05:25 PM
They're more afraid of leaks. Didn't Reach leak almost a month in advance?
According to them the experience wouldn't be the same and reviewers would be better served getting the full experience. On one hand i believe it. The experience can be vastly different when millions of people are on, hell, it could end up being a disaster of server issues and bugs, crashes etc.

But part of me also thinks the experience isn't all what it's chalked up to be. I felt like the beta worlds were empty, the combat and missions very repetitive. Bungie promises there's going to be so much more but i'm skeptical. I'm going to wager the worlds will be large but the battles and sequences pretty much all the same.

Madmya
09-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Based on the beta alone I've already decided GOTY.

Put it this way Rabbit, if you didn't like the Beta you more than likely won't like the full game. I don't understand why you're devoting time to talking/thinking about it.

Piko
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Not sure if I can put it in a GOTY category. Then again, it's not like there's much competition this year anyway. Enjoyed the beta, and I'm sure the game's going to be a blast. But, considering how slow of a year it's been, it's only going to get GOTY because of that technicality.

Rabbit
09-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Based on the beta alone I've already decided GOTY.

Put it this way Rabbit, if you didn't like the Beta you more than likely won't like the full game. I don't understand why you're devoting time to talking/thinking about it.

Simple. I have a vendetta against Bungie.

Jinsai
09-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Cool. That's a really cool story. We'd all like to thank you for sharing.

Now please, move along.

Not sure if I can put it in a GOTY category. Then again, it's not like there's much competition this year anyway..

Dark Souls 2.

Next year, it'll almost certainly be Bloodborne. Once you learn how to get into them, these games win to the point where they pretty much ruin all the other video games out there.

Space Suicide
09-04-2014, 12:31 AM
So evidently I don't know what the fuck the PSN and Xbox One stores were/are doing as I just read that the game is around 40 GB for Xbox One. Though the in store download is 19 GB...unless they're just half the game for immediate pre-loading and then you download the rest at midnight. Go figure?

Hopefully someone ditches this game fairly quickly within a week or two for 30.00 or so bucks on eBay. I'll be waiting.

Madmya
09-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Really? Man there's better ways to spend your time than riding on Destiny being shit.

Kodiak33
09-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Dark Souls 2.

Next year, it'll almost certainly be Bloodborne. Once you learn how to get into them, these games win to the point where they pretty much ruin all the other video games out there.

Totally agree, just finished DS2.

Rabbit
09-04-2014, 07:08 AM
Really? Man there's better ways to spend your time than riding on Destiny being shit.
Apparently sarcasm escapes some of you

Madmya
09-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Oh yeah, shit, my mistake. It should be obvious when a complete stranger is being sarcastic via text.

Jinsai
09-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Apparently sarcasm escapes some of you

Wait, so you've been constantly posting here about how you're underwhelmed with Destiny, but really all along you've just been sarcastic and you really actually like it?

r_k_f
09-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Cheesy, yes.... Still really cool though.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5aNxecBqRA4

Wretchedest
09-05-2014, 02:24 AM
This game really comes out on thursday because server issues. Probably.

Rabbit
09-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Now this is hilarious. Bravo Microsoft marketing team

http://www.destinyfragrance.com/

october_midnight
09-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Took a paid day off work tomorrow with some guys from work to go apeshit on this. Watching the videos online today, the graphics were cleaned up even more, the movement significantly faster....can't wait.

Piko
09-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Considering giving up my shift tomorrow. If so, I can do the midnight release.

Space Suicide
09-08-2014, 02:35 PM
So, I am getting this since I did some cleaning. If I didn't I wouldn't be getting it on launch. I traded a whole mess of shit to Gamestop of old junk laying around. Got $38.50. So Destiny will cost me a whopping 20.00 or so after I apply a $5.00 coupon.

Piko
09-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Trading in a bunch of stuff as well. Picking up another game as well though (nhl 15).

Rabbit
09-08-2014, 03:48 PM
hmm.. this level gameplay does somewhat tempt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pPWnxKgdU

xmd 5a
09-08-2014, 09:15 PM
I had it pre-installed so i played it as soon as it hit here at 12:01AM (just over 12 hours ago). Played about an hour before bed (damn work!). Great fun- I can see me becoming very addicted. Scratches the Borderlands itch pretty well.

Madmya
09-08-2014, 11:57 PM
hmm.. this level gameplay does somewhat tempt me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2pPWnxKgdU

Stay strong. You'll buy it and end up with regret. Don't do it.

Wretchedest
09-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Theiriefreds ps4

Come shoot aliens with me.

liquidcalm
09-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Really enjoyed the beta.. and seemes like lots of people are having a blast at the mo.. must..resist..need money..for..food...

Space Suicide
09-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Warlock, Hunter or Titan?

Piko
09-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Warlock, Hunter or Titan?

I'm a Warlock. Too soon for me to give a detailed description of it though. Lvl 2.

Space Suicide
09-09-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm a Warlock. Too soon for me to give a detailed description of it though. Lvl 2.

In the beta I used (and leveled to 8) a Hunter and a Warlock. Never played as Titan. Prefer the look of the Hunter but love the Warlock skills...

Wretchedest
09-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Level 17 blade dancer right now. Because i subclassed my tree was blank. Had to learn to double jump again.

I have some badass legendary weapons and armor i earned from topping out in the crucible. Doing well in crucible puts you ahead for sure.

Bladedancer is awesome. The blade superpower just has you zipping around the screen fucking people up, i love it.

Piko
09-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Just ran my first strike. Holy shit that was tough. Got some got loot from it though.

Space Suicide
09-10-2014, 03:05 PM
I haven't played my copy yet so, ETSers....

How broken is the Crucible matchmaking with level ranking?

Piko
09-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I haven't played my copy yet so, ETSers....

How broken is the Crucible matchmaking with level ranking?

I've been getting destroyed, mostly. My guess is the difference in weapons and armor. Quite a few lvl 20s with good gear. I'm lvl 10. Decent gear, but hardly enough to really make a difference on their armor. Some definitely take longer to bring down than others.

Space Suicide
09-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I've been getting destroyed, mostly. My guess is the difference in weapons and armor. Quite a few lvl 20s with good gear. I'm lvl 10. Decent gear, but hardly enough to really make a difference on their armor. Some definitely take longer to bring down than others.

They seriously need to sort that out. I don't understand how that'd be any fun for either side, honestly.

I'm a level 3 Hunter now so yeah I'd get mopped up.

Wretchedest
09-10-2014, 04:59 PM
What? Iron banner isnt up yet so everything should be even.

Hkw do you levek past 20

Space Suicide
09-10-2014, 05:02 PM
What? Iron banner isnt up yet so everything should be even.

Hkw do you levek past 20

20 is the max, which is hilarious.

Piko
09-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Doesn't end at 20 though. Usual MMO end game type stuff, I think. You won't get xp, but you'll still get something. Like how FFXIV works. Hit the max, but continue to upgrade your armor and stats.

Madmya
09-10-2014, 11:03 PM
You get light motes or something that can take you upwards to 30 I think. It's just not experience-based after 20.

Madmya
09-10-2014, 11:09 PM
All of these choices Bungie have made, a lot of which have been controversial, are fascinating. They've really put a lot of thought into each of them - level cap, only playing raids with friends, rare loot drops. They all make perfect sense when it comes down to playing the game for fun.

Conan The Barbarian
09-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Wait, a blade dancers weapon is a blade? Or am I reading that wrong?

Space Suicide
09-11-2014, 01:48 AM
I hate games like this that don't have matchmaking for the story/campaign missions. They just assume you have friends to play with all the time.

Wretchedest
09-11-2014, 03:09 AM
Wait, a blade dancers weapon is a blade? Or am I reading that wrong?
In the same way that the gunslinger gets a golden gun, bladedancer gets a blue blade, goes into third person, and kicks some ass.

At level 20 now. Lots of grinding for going upwards. haven't even finished the story. and there are heroic missions now.

r_k_f
09-11-2014, 10:09 AM
i was getting lit up in the Crucible as a level 6 Warlock.... was very hard to fight level 20's..

october_midnight
09-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Beat the Moon strike mission last night after work with a few friends. Taking down Phogoth was quite a lengthy battle, but totally having a blast.

Kodiak33
09-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Do you guys have a list of PSN Names you use? Mine is Kodiak33 (same as here). I don't get the opportunity to play very much, but feel free to add me.

Wretchedest
09-11-2014, 01:02 PM
so i guess after level 20, certain pieces of armor have an attribute called "light" like "+45 light" and wearing enough of those increases your effective level, after filling a meter.
Im 21. and theres still a lot to do! going from 20 to 21 is a very long gap

Wretchedest
09-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Made us a clan
https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/235210

Rabbit
09-11-2014, 05:21 PM
there's teleport!?!?!?!?!? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SGKRYQ8PHM

ok, picking it up. Sage really did put in a lot of ShadowRun elements. FUck he should have went all out on the SR influence.

Rabbit
09-11-2014, 06:06 PM
someone tell me: can you level up playing just PVP? what's the fastest way to level 20?

Space Suicide
09-11-2014, 08:26 PM
someone tell me: can you level up playing just PVP? what's the fastest way to level 20?

Yeah, you can.

Any single player level or strike mission with Hard difficulty selected.

october_midnight
09-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Took me and my two friends like 25 minutes solid to kill Riksis. What a bitch he was.

Piko
09-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I'd run through the story missions. I got some pretty good loot from the earth strike mission. Well worth it until you hit 20. I'm taking my time with lvling though. I'm perfectly fine with just enjoying myself and going at whatever pace it takes. I really need to step up my crucible gameplay though. My reaction time is awful.

Space Suicide
09-11-2014, 08:40 PM
My reaction time is awful.

Has jackshit to do with reaction. I'm a pretty good FPS player whom usually gets the kill on Battlefield games. This game tries so hard to balance weapons and gameplay but it still hasn't mastered it. I get mowed down by anyone over my level, it's not really fair really. Anyone under my level I pretty much kill usually. I'm level 11 now.

Piko
09-11-2014, 09:09 PM
In my case, I'm the guy who freezes when I end up in a situation and ends up not being able to aim for shit. They're able to react and aim much better and quicker than I can.

Tums206_BFY
09-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Looks like there is some upcoming events coming throughout the month starting tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/destinys-september-events-revealed

Lol I am taking my sweet time just a lvl 8 at the moment still on Old Russia doing some bounties and what not. Better get some more playing time this weekend.

Space Suicide
09-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Looks like there is some upcoming events coming throughout the month starting tomorrow: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/12/destinys-september-events-revealed

Lol I am taking my sweet time just a lvl 8 at the moment still on Old Russia doing some bounties and what not. Better get some more playing time this weekend.

I seen and there's also a vendor (http://www.destinypedia.com/X%C3%BBr,_Agent_of_the_Nine) at the Tower who will be selling extremely rare and exotic gear who will ONLY be in game on weekends.

My character is finally getting to be decent as well. I still need better weapons. Got a rare chest piece and helmet finally though.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/12/eaf0c4ece745c6969c1432597fbbcc05.jpg

Piko
09-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I've been getting disconnected alot these last two days. Is this common or is it just me?

Space Suicide
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I've been getting disconnected alot these last two days. Is this common or is it just me?

Happened to me several times during single player missions. Happened twice in single player on Moon missions and once in a Strike. I think it's hilarious I have server issues playing a single player game....

Phogoth is an asshole. These Strike Bosses aren't even difficult....they just take thousands of ammunition and lots of time to drop. Must've taken me and the two randoms like 35 minutes to defeat him.

october_midnight
09-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Wow, Xur has some sick gear...just decked my lvl 20 to a ridiculous amount haha...too bad he's only in The Tower on weekends...and too bad stock costs so many damn Strange Coins....had so many and now they're gone. :(

Space Suicide
09-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Wow, Xur has some sick gear...just decked my lvl 20 to a ridiculous amount haha...too bad he's only in The Tower on weekends...and too bad stock costs so many damn Strange Coins....had so many and now they're gone. :(

I haven't played excessively so:

How long and how much grinding are needed to get worthy gear and weapons?

october_midnight
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM
A lot lol. Like WoW, there'll always be someone with better gear and/or weaponry. Once you hit 20, there are a ton of ways to keep going...check this:

Getting past level 20. (http://ca.ign.com/videos/2014/09/12/destiny-how-to-get-past-level-20-ign-strategize?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social)

october_midnight
09-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Damn, this multiplayer is more fun than I definitely had on the beta...balanced, fast...good shit.

Piko
09-12-2014, 05:24 PM
Played salvage with a friend. So much fun.

Space Suicide
09-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Damn, this multiplayer is more fun than I definitely had on the beta...balanced, fast...good shit.

You're also level 20, I presume?

Space Suicide
09-12-2014, 09:05 PM
So does anyone want to play the Crucible with me? I literally get the worst teams ever and have lost every game I've played minus 2 games. It's frustrating and old.

So just how long does it actually take to get something that's worth a damn? Holy shit, I just dumped 3 hrs of my time and didn't get a single rare! The game lacks in rewarding you of anything, least in my case. I'm a high level 17 now so the fact I'm not getting shit is odd.

Or does this game, rewards and gameplay remain non-existent until level 20? I'm starting to think so. Fuck.

Wretchedest
09-13-2014, 03:41 AM
the game mostly opens up at 20. in PVP everything is flattened to be balanced. I eat shit to level 10s all the time. I think it's fairly balanced so far, but I usually top out. I'd play wiht you guys, but I'm ps4....

join the clan!

Rabbit
09-13-2014, 04:15 AM
funny, now when im interested in the game the gaming crowd online has apparently erupted in backlash. review scores don't look that good.

i'm probably still getting it tomorrow. that high level pvp looks pretty decent.

october_midnight
09-13-2014, 11:08 AM
You're also level 20, I presume?

I got gear that was 'worth it' by the time I was...level 15 or so? At 20 it kind of plateaus and becomes a bit more of a level playing field, I usually win about 3 or 4 outta 5 matches or so. Everyone also forgets that like half the PvP modes say 'level advantages disabled' so it becomes about as level as it gets.

As for review scores, I haven't bothered with that for like 3 years. I haven't even checked Metacritic or whatever for Watch Dogs, Titanfall, PvZ, anything...who cares. It's the vocal minority as always. For every person whining about Destiny online, I see about 100 running around The Tower.

In other news, this game is bonkers good. Level 23 is a long, slow grind though...think I'm gonna stick with Vangaurd ranking and Crucible ranking to get shit hot gear so I can prep for the Vault of Glass.

Piko
09-13-2014, 11:26 AM
How do I join a clan? Do I need an invite? Just play a few rounds of skirmish and got destroyed. A lvl 24 basically wrecking shop.

As for reviews. If I want to hear one, I'll usually go to the word of mouth either by word of mouth or regular joes on YouTube.

Millionaire
09-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Wasn't really interested in this, but after watching somebody play it and me test driving it for a few days I picked it up. Doesn't seem like its going to change your life, but its pretty fun and the combat is nice for this type of game.

Space Suicide
09-13-2014, 11:43 AM

I got gear that was 'worth it' by the time I was...level 15 or so? At 20 it kind of plateaus and becomes a bit more of a level playing field, I usually win about 3 or 4 outta 5 matches or so. Everyone also forgets that like half the PvP modes say 'level advantages disabled' so it becomes about as level as it gets.

As for review scores, I haven't bothered with that for like 3 years. I haven't even checked Metacritic or whatever for Watch Dogs, Titanfall, PvZ, anything...who cares. It's the vocal minority as always. For every person whining about Destiny online, I see about 100 running around The Tower.

In other news, this game is bonkers good. Level 23 is a long, slow grind though...think I'm gonna stick with Vangaurd ranking and Crucible ranking to get shit hot gear so I can prep for the Vault of Glass.

Yeah, I know level advantages are disabled but I can't help but think I still get killed and stomped by people higher than me because they have better stuff. I usually die 4 out of 5 times against someone higher than me, no matter what it is. It's a bit of a pain. I know you get 2 crucible marks just for playing a match but it just sucks horrendously to get put onto the worse team almost every match and go on a 10 match losing streak (like last night, no joke). Essentially its punishing me because I don't have friends to play with and it is bullshit. I also don't really "easily" make friends to party up with random people I don't know for fuck all.

Oh well, I just have to go up one and a half more levels to 20 and then hopefully I'll be able to have more fun with this than what I am. I want to.

Also, for anyone who didn't have them, here:

Promotional Trading Card Codes (Unlocks Grimoire Cards):
01: YKA-RJG-MH9 (Class: Warlock)
02: MVD-4N3-NKH (Class: Titan)
03: 3DA-P4X-F6A (Class: Hunter)
04: TCN-HCD-TGY (Fallen: Rixis, Devil Archon)
05: HDX-ALM-V4K (Destination: Cosmodrome)
06: 473-MXR-3X9 (Enemy: Hive)
07: JMR-LFN-4A3 (Destination: The Ocean Of Storms, Moon)
08: HC3-H44-DKC (Exotic: Gjallarhorn)
09: 69P-KRM-JJA (Destination: The Tower)
10: 69P-VCH-337 (Exotic: The Last Word)
11: 69R-CKD-X7L (Hive: Ogre)
12: 69R-DDD-FCP (Destination: Valley of Kings, Mars)
13: 69R-F99-AXG (Enemy: The Fallen)
14: 69R-VL7-J6A (Exotic: Red Death)
15: 69X-DJN-74V (Enemy: Cabal)
16: 6A7-7NP-3X7 (Destination: Shattered Coast, Venus)
17: 6A9-DTG-YGN (Vex: Minotaur)
destinyplanetview.com Reward Code (Unlocks Emblem):
01: 7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign Of The Finite)
Limited Edition Hidden Codes (Unlocks Emblems and Shaders):
01: FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
02: JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
03: JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
04: 7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
05: JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
06: 7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
07: RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)
08: X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)

Piko
09-13-2014, 12:47 PM
The gear has to give some sort of advantages. Why go through all the trouble to get them, only for them to be useless? Some of these guys can take a lot more damage than some.

october_midnight
09-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Ugh.

Some of the playlists have advantages, some don't. I didn't even bother trying PvP until I had entirely blue gear. Think more Warcraft, less CoD. I've been in the Vanguard Wolf playlist, farming Vanguard marks...and I haven't gone through one single Strike without getting at least one blue Engram, which has got me to almost level 24 now. The CoD mentality is what pretty much all FPS games have become lately. 'If I'm not destroying everyone and winning every game...I'm not having fun. This sucks.'

Well, then farm for better gear. Think more Warcraft and less CoD. Every match has to have a winner and a loser. There's so much to do in this game, stay away from PvP for a while. Go do the daily Heroic or weekly Strike. Go find one of the vendors like the Dead Orbit guy in The Tower, buy his class Mark which gives you Dead Orbit for every single kill...then go to a super easy level and just farm the shit out of mobs until you get enough to go back to him and get incredibly juiced weaponry and gear. THEN go back to PvP and wreck shit.

You lose 10 matches in a row. Oh well, you still got Crucible marks and xp. Keep playing until you can use it to buy better gear. Or play a playlist like Salvage which has no level advantages...you'll level up extremely fast. I think people are just going about their mindset all wrong thinking it's just a FPS deathmatch shooter. It's more rpg. Go to the Earth patrol mission and find the open shed in the middle of the first area where mobs literally respawn after you kill them in like 15 seconds. In 15 minutes of farming with a consumable equipped that got me extra glimmer, I racked up like 4K in no time, and got no less than 20 green Engrams and even a few blues. If you don't like the game, go play something else. Easy.

In other news, the depth of this game is batshit bonkers. Another piece of advice is to farm Strikes like mad, great xp, tons of Engram drops...then take all your Engrams to the decrypter...every time you decrypt enough (in addition to possibly getting better gear or weapons) you fill the meter. Every time you level that up, you go to the Postmaster and the reward is another three blue Engrams. One of which can surely help you. Or run around the levels collecting the Spinmetal or Helium Tanks or whatever, then at The Tower in the Hall of Guardians in the center lower level, you can trade them in for Crucible marks. Easy currency. The amount of 'just one more mission...just one more mission' here is ridiculously satisfying.

Space Suicide
09-13-2014, 04:48 PM
Ugh.

Some of the playlists have advantages, some don't. I didn't even bother trying PvP until I had entirely blue gear. Think more Warcraft, less CoD. I've been in the Vanguard Wolf playlist, farming Vanguard marks...and I haven't gone through one single Strike without getting at least one blue Engram, which has got me to almost level 24 now. The CoD mentality is what pretty much all FPS games have become lately. 'If I'm not destroying everyone and winning every game...I'm not having fun. This sucks.'

Well, then farm for better gear. Think more Warcraft and less CoD. Every match has to have a winner and a loser. There's so much to do in this game, stay away from PvP for a while. Go do the daily Heroic or weekly Strike. Go find one of the vendors like the Dead Orbit guy in The Tower, buy his class Mark which gives you Dead Orbit for every single kill...then go to a super easy level and just farm the shit out of mobs until you get enough to go back to him and get incredibly juiced weaponry and gear. THEN go back to PvP and wreck shit.

You lose 10 matches in a row. Oh well, you still got Crucible marks and xp. Keep playing until you can use it to buy better gear. Or play a playlist like Salvage which has no level advantages...you'll level up extremely fast. I think people are just going about their mindset all wrong thinking it's just a FPS deathmatch shooter. It's more rpg. Go to the Earth patrol mission and find the open shed in the middle of the first area where mobs literally respawn after you kill them in like 15 seconds. In 15 minutes of farming with a consumable equipped that got me extra glimmer, I racked up like 4K in no time, and got no less than 20 green Engrams and even a few blues. If you don't like the game, go play something else. Easy.

In other news, the depth of this game is batshit bonkers. Another piece of advice is to farm Strikes like mad, great xp, tons of Engram drops...then take all your Engrams to the decrypter...every time you decrypt enough (in addition to possibly getting better gear or weapons) you fill the meter. Every time you level that up, you go to the Postmaster and the reward is another three blue Engrams. One of which can surely help you. Or run around the levels collecting the Spinmetal or Helium Tanks or whatever, then at The Tower in the Hall of Guardians in the center lower level, you can trade them in for Crucible marks. Easy currency. The amount of 'just one more mission...just one more mission' here is ridiculously satisfying.

I do like the game, I like it A LOT more than I did initially.

I don't have the Call of Duty mindset. I don't tie my fun with winning or losing (like it's coming off) but there's little excitement or fun to be had within PvP when I can go positive just about every match, be within the top 3 players and do the objectives while some other guy does nothing but farms kills in Control or some jackass goes 3/16 on Clash. Most matches (when I do manage to even get a reward) I get a common/uncommon weapon, I don't even get engrams. Since I've done PvP I've gotten maybe 3 at most. Minus the Crucible Marks when you lose just about every match no matter how good or shitty you play it just gets a bit stale, like I didn't even do anything with the time wasted other than go up a small bit in XP. As for why I even bother to play PvP, I love multiplayer and I need interaction. I can't sit and play SOLO in single player missions for 3 or 4 hrs without getting bored. Grinding is boring already but doing it alone? Death.

I don't want to be handed shit on a silver platter but I've only gotten two, TWO rare items and I'm a level 18. Both were from NPCs, not even drops. I've done at LEAST 20-30 PvP matches, the Earth Strike Mission at least 4 times, the Moon Strike once, level 18 Vanguard Playlist Strike Mission once and a TON of Vanguard and Crucible Bounties. It's not like I'm just whining about nothing, I've actually put considerable time into this game and haven't seen fruits of my labor yet.

october_midnight
09-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Other than being able to play a sweet video game?

Piko
09-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Hit lvl 20!!!

Space Suicide
09-13-2014, 06:41 PM
My woes cease to exist. My friend bought it. Finally got someone. I created a new character to pair with his. I'll use my Hunter when I play alone.

Made a Titan.

Wretchedest
09-13-2014, 06:50 PM
You don't really get a lot of rare items until after level 20, FYI.

Space Suicide
09-13-2014, 07:35 PM
You don't really get a lot of rare items until after level 20, FYI.

It was obvious and I figured but good to know I guess.

SM Rollinger
09-13-2014, 08:00 PM
3 new Emblems

The Unimagined Plane (http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/1443409303): X9F-GMA-H6D (NEW: 13/09/14)
The Reflective Proof (http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/1426631722): N3L-XN6-PXF (NEW: 13/09/14)
Flames of Forgotten Truth (http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/1426631723): A7L-FYC-44X (NEW: 13/09/14)

from
http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588283

Rabbit
09-13-2014, 08:00 PM
You guys are honestly the few that have been ok with this game. It's getting utterly slammed every where else i look. All i care about is high level MP and i can't seem to get a straight answer from people if it's worth it for just that.

My copy is sitting at best buy, still on the fence.

Wretchedest
09-13-2014, 10:34 PM
The mp is like halo but better. Youd hate it.

Space Suicide
09-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Finally had a lot of fun. Having my friend buy it and hitting level 20 does wonders, I'm actually getting stuff worth a fuck now. <3

Played PvP for 2 straight hours.

Demogorgon
09-14-2014, 07:42 AM
i don't care about PvP or multiplayer at all in most if not all games I buy. I don't like playing with people because in competitive games because for every decent player you find there are 16 utter douche fucks. I play destiny mostly solo, and only really work with other people during strikes or gold tier events if there are any folks in the vicinity. other than that, I can't be bothered. that being said, I'm enjoying the game, I'm at 20 with my Titan and working on 21. haven't finished the main story yet, and the one thing that irks me is the total lack of information readily available about the game world from the character's perspective. I know there are the grimoire cards, but between the app and bungie.net, they're tediously laid out and it's difficult to find what you're looking for. so many questions, and the story seems to ignore them all so far and just plows on ahead.

Thiah
09-14-2014, 11:57 AM
I just hit lvl 20 with my Titan last night. I'm seriously addicted to the Crucible. I'm not one to play online multiplayer very much but I haven't had this much fun with it since the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I also joined the ets clan. Add me if you want:
Psn Id: Hourisathand

Piko
09-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Again, I'll ask. How do I join a clan??? But yeah, I'm obsessed with crucible. Finally getting the hang of it and getting some kills. Been putting off doing my vanguard stuff...

Space Suicide
09-14-2014, 01:11 PM
I just hit lvl 20 with my Titan last night. I'm seriously addicted to the Crucible. I'm not one to play online multiplayer very much but I haven't had this much fun with it since the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. I also joined the ets clan. Add me if you want:
Psn Id: Hourisathand

Again, I'll ask. How do I join a clan??? But yeah, I'm obsessed with crucible. Finally getting the hang of it and getting some kills. Been putting off doing my vanguard stuff...

This will probably be my main multiplayer game now, since Battlefield 4 needs some rest.

Should we make a ETS clan on Bungie.net?

Conan The Barbarian
09-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Im down. I think you are the only one on here with a one besides me.

Space Suicide
09-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Im down. I think you are the only one on here with a one besides me.

I'm level 20 now and ready and capable to play in Fireteams devised by ETS brethren.

If no one wants to, I'll make the clan.

Piko
09-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Someone didn't already make one?

bruised
09-14-2014, 04:51 PM
I am having so much fun with this game! Just made it to level 7. It was really cool of them to let you download the game for free on PS4, if you purchased on PS3!

Space Suicide
09-14-2014, 04:58 PM
Someone didn't already make one?

Not that I know of?

Wretchedest
09-14-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm level 20 now and ready and capable to play in Fireteams devised by ETS brethren.

If no one wants to, I'll make the clan.

I made a clan LOL I posted about it TWICE!

Space Suicide
09-14-2014, 08:57 PM

I missed it then.

I'll root through the thread.

Piko
09-14-2014, 09:07 PM

I thought so. Now, back to the $10,000 question. How do I join?

mrselfdestruct94
09-14-2014, 09:29 PM
I really want to play this game, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer and online gaming. Can anyone please tell me if I need an online connection for my Xbox in order to truly get the most out of this game, or can I just stick with the campaign mode and feel like it was worth investing my time? Also, do I need an online connection anyway for Destiny's story mode? I went to pick this up from Redbox and it said an online connection was required, which prevented me from renting it.

Piko
09-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Game won't work without a connection. Better make sure it's a reliable/steady one.

Rabbit
09-15-2014, 12:15 AM
I really want to play this game, but I'm not a fan of multiplayer and online gaming. Can anyone please tell me if I need an online connection for my Xbox in order to truly get the most out of this game, or can I just stick with the campaign mode and feel like it was worth investing my time? Also, do I need an online connection anyway for Destiny's story mode? I went to pick this up from Redbox and it said an online connection was required, which prevented me from renting it.

You should probably skip this game. From all accounts (critics, many people i've talked to and seen post on various forums) the campaign and story is absolutely horrid. The fun seems to be in the co-op and raid modes with friends. It's an online game only.

Conan The Barbarian
09-15-2014, 12:42 AM
We get it, you hate it.

Madmya
09-15-2014, 01:08 AM
I reckon the story is good. It's interesting. But yes, the campaign is designed around playing with others so it's lacking in variety. I would be hesitant to buy it solely for campaign solo.

Wretchedest
09-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Piko https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/235210

Rabbit
09-15-2014, 03:35 AM
We get it, you hate it.
IS that what i said ? I'm pretty sure that's not what i said . Stop being defensive, it's just a video game.

Wretchedest
09-15-2014, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure it's being defensive at this point. I think it's that you've been in this thread for a while, being vocal about a distaste for the game. And I think the feeling is, we got it, it's not your thing, or maybe you're on the fence at this point. But now the game is actually out and people are having actual experiences with it, and the second hand criticisms just seem kind of silly. Even if you're entitled to them, which you are.

Rabbit
09-15-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm not sure it's being defensive at this point. I think it's that you've been in this thread for a while, being vocal about a distaste for the game. And I think the feeling is, we got it, it's not your thing, or maybe you're on the fence at this point. But now the game is actually out and people are having actual experiences with it, and the second hand criticisms just seem kind of silly. Even if you're entitled to them, which you are.
I'm repeating what i've read and seen. It's pretty much widely accepted that the story is thin and poorly executed, and the game is designed to be played as a co-op. That's what he asked and i think it's a fair response given the consensus that's out there and easily obtained.

Or maybe you're going to tell me the story is absolutely fantastic and the game is meant to be played solo?

scotty79
09-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Just started playing this yesterday so only on level 4 at the moment, I might start farming on an easy level and get some good gear before hitting the multiplayer as I'm generally piss poor at these games

Space Suicide
09-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Farmed an area for an hour and a half. NOT A SINGLE LEGENDARY ENGRAM WAS DROPPED. Fucking bullshit. They really want you to grind marks don't they to buy from vendors for their weapons huh?

Lame.

Wretchedest
09-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Its not that hard... Youll just acquire them naturally over time. And if you pick one from each kind of currency you can complete a set pretty quickly.

I got an "Exotic Weapon" bounty. Its a bounty where you get an exotic weapon for completion. But i accidently picked one for a pulse rifle, instead of the one for the best shotgun in the game :( ive been miserable about it.

I did by that rad blade dancer helmet from the weekend vendor. Its really good, doubt ill ever find a better one.

artdeco
09-16-2014, 11:10 PM
So I just picked up a PS4 on the weekend and Destiny was/is my first game. For the first hour I thought it was a pretty conventional shooter, but the more I play it the more I love it. The play control/mechanics are fantastic. That's easily my favorite thing about the game. And since this is my first PS4 game, I've been pretty blown away by the graphics (the jungle on Venus is fantastic). I'm also easing into the RPG elements and really like that, even if many people consider it to be simple. Anyhow, the more I play this the more I like it. Really addictive battles and jumping in to games with other people to destroy a giant spider-like robot is a blast. I liked Halo 3, Borderlands 2, and Mass Effect a lot and this feels like a blend of those but not too similar to any of them in its own way. Big thumbs up.

Rabbit
09-17-2014, 01:59 AM
The play control/mechanics are fantastic. .
This is the shit that boils my blood. Just like the recent Halos the controls/mechanics of the gameplay are absurd. Everything is on some type of delay- , switching weapons, triggering something, shooting, moving, running, everything you do is delayed. The movement is cumbersome and slow. They make you feel like a retard on screen. I hate it.

It's not responsive as it should be. I know some people like this type of simulated feel but i don't. I like silky smooth quick reaction movement. Ever since Halo 3 they really made this a design decision and i don't know why.

So far i'm only a level 9 and the game hasn't opened up to me yet. We'll see.

october_midnight
09-17-2014, 09:14 AM
farmed an area for an hour and a half. Not a single legendary engram was dropped. Fucking bullshit. They really want you to grind marks don't they to buy from vendors for their weapons huh?

Lame.

bungie y u make me play game?

Wretchedest
09-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Ha, Legendary engrams only even give you legendary items a very small portion of the time. out of about 15 ever lengendary engrams i've gotten 2 items. remember wearing all legendary armor with most of the upgrades gets you to level 26, so getting it at 20 would be a big jump.

In other news I got that shotgun quest!

Madmya
09-18-2014, 12:32 AM
This is the shit that boils my blood. Just like the recent Halos the controls/mechanics of the gameplay are absurd. Everything is on some type of delay- , switching weapons, triggering something, shooting, moving, running, everything you do is delayed. The movement is cumbersome and slow. They make you feel like a retard on screen. I hate it.

It's not responsive as it should be. I know some people like this type of simulated feel but i don't. I like silky smooth quick reaction movement. Ever since Halo 3 they really made this a design decision and i don't know why.

So far i'm only a level 9 and the game hasn't opened up to me yet. We'll see.

You bought the game? You idiot. I look forward to hearing you complain about it constantly.

P.S. The higher you level, things like better control over your jumps/boosts can unlock. Play mechanics are rock solid.

Space Suicide
09-18-2014, 01:10 AM
So, after getting my Encryptarch level to 7, farming and being lucky I managed to get two legendary weapons (a shotgun called "The Comedian" and a pulse rifle called "Strange Suspect"). I need 5 more strange coins and 6 more motes of light before end of the weekend so I can buy some exotic stuff off Xur.

Sigh, it's about time.

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/strange_suspect.jpg/516780110/strange_suspect.jpg

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/the_comedian.jpg/516873506/the_comedian.jpg

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-18-2014, 04:23 AM
I've just reached level 13 with a Hunter. Hoping Bungie meats this up moving forward. Story doesn't seem engaging at all or significant enough to mix with gameplay so far. I am loving the environments though, gorgeous. Mixed feelings on the difficulty to level up through Patrol missions. On one hand it's nice to know what spots to go to for easy kills/Bounties. On the other, it can easily become dull.

I've read that Raids are supposed to offer what's missing in game. Anyone try them out yet? Thoughts?

PSN ID: missselfdestruct

Rabbit
09-18-2014, 07:23 AM
You bought the game? You idiot. I look forward to hearing you complain about it constantly.

P.S. The higher you level, things like better control over your jumps/boosts can unlock. Play mechanics are rock solid.
Level 18 hunter now, using Bladedancer. It has improved, at least in terms of PVP. The campaign/story/missions whatever still suck. It sucks incredibly bad, shockingly bad really. Makes Halo seem like the greatest campaign/story ever created.

Madmya
09-18-2014, 10:09 PM
You wasted your money then. Suffer in your jocks, ya bloody dickhead.

Space Suicide
09-19-2014, 12:55 AM
It sucks incredibly bad, shockingly bad really.

Yeah, not really. It's not a masterpiece but it has a lot of lore it doesn't explain unless you visit the grimoire cards. It's not like they slapped some random shit together and called it a day.

Rabbit
09-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Yeah, not really. It's not a masterpiece but it has a lot of lore it doesn't explain unless you visit the grimoire cards. It's not like they slapped some random shit together and called it a day.

Stop. Forcing someone to get out of the game to explore "lore" on a wesbite is ridiculous. What's also completely ridiculous is the loot system. It doesn't make any goddamn sense. I'm level 20 and i know people much lower with exotic gear that i don't even have.

The PVP is improving now for sure and there's potential here but i don't know if it's going to reach that maximum level of competitiveness. There's a lot they could do with the foundation they've created though.

Wretchedest
09-19-2014, 02:59 AM
Th plot is just absolutely atrocious. The art direction is great, but it is in service of just a god awful story with terrible acting and abysmal characters. I'm enjoying it but fuck the story is bad.

Jinsai
09-19-2014, 03:06 AM
The PVP is improving now for sure and there's potential here but i don't know if it's going to reach that maximum level of competitiveness.

If you want to "reach that maximum level of competitiveness" you wouldn't be playing shooters with a gamepad.

Miss.Selfdestruct
09-19-2014, 03:09 AM
I think I found where all the story is.... Have y'all checked out the Destiny app (free)?

Jinsai
09-19-2014, 03:14 AM
I'm just surprised people were expecting a good story out of this. Good world design, atmosphere, aesthetics and look, yeah.. and all of that delivers... but people wanted a compelling story?

Really?

99.9% of all video game stories are bullshit. Halo included.

Conan The Barbarian
09-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm just surprised people were expecting a good story out of this. Good world design, atmosphere, aesthetics and look, yeah.. and all of that delivers... but people wanted a compelling story?

Really?

99.9% of all video game stories are bullshit. Halo included.

Red dead? The last of us? Arkham? Skyrim? Assassins creed?

I can go on. I have to disagree. Lots of games out there with great stories.

I'm soloing this game since my work schedule is preventing me from playing with friends. So the challenging experience is nice.

Piko
09-19-2014, 10:29 AM
The story is almost nonexistent. Just now I'm finding out about the grimoire cards and the lore. Halo had story. Say what you will about those games, but they had a beginning and an end. The story of destiny is just "you're thrown on a big map. Now, go from A to B. Ok, do it again". The game is fun. I like trying to get better armor. But without some sort of story or resolution, why am I supposed to stay interested. Or better yet, how?

If it weren't for Strikes and Crucible, the game would've been traded.

Conan The Barbarian
09-19-2014, 10:51 AM
I agree with the sloppy execution on the story, its what bugged me about titanfall. Till this day in have no clue on what the universe is all about. Just like I don't know about the destiny universe besides what they told me in the intro.

That trend needs to stop.

When I get my ps4, I'm probably jumping ship to that community.

Piko
09-19-2014, 11:45 AM
It doesn't explain much of anything. They make such a big deal about The Traveler. Yet, they explain nothing. You're doing all of these missions, and you get zero reason why. The fallen are after The Traveler. Ok, why? What is The Traveler? They throw in these elements but they give you no real detail on who or what they are. Or, why they do the things they do. That bugs me.

Why am I a guardian? Why do I feel obligated to protect the tower and the traveler? to play a game and actually feel like what I'm doing actually matter does mean something. Fun shooter, but that's where it goes completely wrong imo.

Jinsai
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM

First off, none of those are first person shooters.

Second, really?! The story in Skyrim is ridiculous. It had an expansive and immersive world, but "story?!" COME ON. You're about to be executed, and a dragon shows up and interrupts all that. Then, you go visit a local town, and the leader of the town tells you to go fetch an item called a dragon stone. Seriously. "Go get me the Dragonstone." Ok. This stone, by the way, will help you find where dragons are buried.
So... You go and get the special dragon stone, and bring it back, and now there's more dragons... so you kill it, and you absorb the dragon's soul, which gives you the ability to do a dragon shout! All of this is proof that you are, in fact, the DRAGON BORN, the chosen fucker who can absorb dragon souls and do dragon shouts. You then go on a quest to receive aid from people who know more about dragon shouting, so you can kill the big bad dragon Alduin with a super dragon shout.

Are you kidding me!!? Skyrim had the shittiest plot ever. Great game, but the actual story was laughably bad. The Last of Us is the one exception in the list, and while Arkham was inoffensive, the plot itself wasn't anything special. In fact, Arkham City had a pretty silly plot.

Wretchedest
09-19-2014, 01:13 PM
I am a big advocate of stories in games, as im sure you know if youve listened to my rants and raves over the years, but bottom line is that some games wont care and will still be gokd, and this is one of them. I still enjoy peter dinlages bored performance because its the special kind of bad that highlights the emptiness and stupidity of the material. Hilarious!

A few other things i dont like: vehicle combat. Handled horrendously. Almost impossible to stop someone in a vehicle, they just run amok. And some maps are simply too large.

Im at level 27 now. I have all legendary gear, an exotic helmet and two different exotic weapons on rotation: the best shotun in the game, invective. And a pulse rifle called "bad juju".

The only way to raise my level is to upgrade ny gear and the only way to upgrade my gear id woth "ascendant shards" which are incredibly tough tk find. Ive found 7. Thats one every ten hours. Gonna spend today trying to find a better method...

Piko
09-19-2014, 01:33 PM
I still need to get my crucible/vanguard ranks up (still at 1... ... ...). Are the daily heroics even worth it? I'm going to do the weekly when I get home for strange coins.

And I have zero problems with the voice acting.

Wretchedest
09-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Daily heroic stories at high enough levels, provide ascendant materials which you need to level past 27.

Speaking of which, i more than doubled my shards in the few hours since my last post. Heres what i did: obtained and dismantled legendary equipment. Leveled up cryptarch a bunch....

And daily heroic! I might be able to actually hit 28 tonight.

Rabbit
09-19-2014, 09:31 PM

I can go on. I have to disagree. Lots of games out there with great stories.

I'm soloing this game since my work schedule is preventing me from playing with friends. So the challenging experience is nice.

Nah, those stories suck as bad as a Uwe Boll flick, maybe worse. Video games have no decent stories but at least with Halo i had somewhat of an interest to see what happened next, with this i don't even pay attention.

The campaign or missions/strikes themselves kinda suck and that's a problem. There is seriously ZERO variety, can we agree with that? It's all the same shit lol. What i do enjoy (ironically) is the level of customization for my guardian but even that seems kinda thin. The PVP has potential, potential i don't think will be realized with this iteration but it does have potential.

I wish Sage just decided to go full on ShadowRun though =( shit wouldve been so awesome.

Space Suicide
09-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Nah, those stories suck as bad as a Uwe Boll flick, maybe worse. Video games have no decent stories but at least with Halo i had somewhat of an interest to see what happened next, with this i don't even pay attention.

The campaign or missions/strikes themselves kinda suck and that's a problem. There is seriously ZERO variety, can we agree with that? It's all the same shit lol. What i do enjoy (ironically) is the level of customization for my guardian but even that seems kinda thin. The PVP has potential, potential i don't think will be realized with this iteration but it does have potential.

I wish Sage just decided to go full on ShadowRun though =( shit wouldve been so awesome.

I never had any issues with you but you're seriously hard to even take serious anymore.

Thiah
09-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Would anyone care to share their experiences in getting legendary and/or exotic items? I've been stuck at lvl 22 for a few days now. I have over 200 crucible points (and haven't even reached rank 1 yet). I've gotten a few purple engrams but nothing legendary. At this rate, I won't have anything legendary until I hit rank 2 for New Monarchy at which point I'll just buy them.

Rabbit
09-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Would anyone care to share their experiences in getting legendary and/or exotic items? I've been stuck at lvl 22 for a few days now. I have over 200 crucible points (and haven't even reached rank 1 yet). I've gotten a few purple engrams but nothing legendary. At this rate, I won't have anything legendary until I hit rank 2 for New Monarchy at which point I'll just buy them.
it's an obnoxious grind. that's all i can really say lol

Wretchedest
09-21-2014, 02:40 AM
Im just about to reach 28. Here's how it works
: you dont generally get legendaries or exotics until at least about 24.

Plan out your purchases. Try to take advantagr of reputation amond multiple factions. When your ank to 3 or better in a given faction you get a kegendary package. You sbould be able to purchase, with marks at least one item from each faction per week, plus an exotic from xur. Look up online what the exotics are, and figure out what is right for you, you can only wear one each of armor and weapon.

Exotics sort of just come to you from bounties and xur

The 27-30 endgane is: all your gear is legendary and you just need ascendant shards to upgrade it.

Oh and for fucks sake dont do that cave thing, it really does not work.

Demogorgon
09-21-2014, 07:51 AM
the cave trick does work if you're willing to stand in one spot and do essentially nothing else for hours in the off chance that something might drop. you can get the same results running around mars at high level doing strikes and story missions on harder difficulties. the drop rates are the same, and you'll get marks and better experience doing the strikes and shit. all you'll end up with farming the cave is items, most of which you won't want.

Space Suicide
09-21-2014, 11:18 AM
the cave trick does work if you're willing to stand in one spot and do essentially nothing else for hours in the off chance that something might drop. you can get the same results running around mars at high level doing strikes and story missions on harder difficulties. the drop rates are the same, and you'll get marks and better experience doing the strikes and shit. all you'll end up with farming the cave is items, most of which you won't want.

I farm the first Moon mission when the Hive break through the door. Kill all the Thralls and let the Ultra Knights and Acolytes kill you. You respawn before they break the door. Rinse and repeat.

I got the Exotic Weapon Bounty for the Invective shotgun. I completed the requirements last night. It's really nice in Strikes and missions but really lousy in multiplayer compared to my legendary shotgun.

Space Suicide
09-21-2014, 11:30 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/21/0de4636dc5760adfba5c4fc586c61890.jpg

I just need legendary legs and a helmet to be maxed out then I'll try to no life getting upgrade materials. Currently level 25.

Wretchedest
09-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Invective is amazing in mp, you just need to upgrade it. And it plays differently than other shotguns, because you use the ajto fir instead of shotty-melee. Youll also want to dash cancel out of reloading it

bruised
09-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Just got to the moon, it's crazy!

SM Rollinger
09-22-2014, 10:40 AM
@Piko (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=358) https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/235210
Request to join? I sent one.

Piko
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Request to join? I sent one.

Ok. Just requested.

SM Rollinger
09-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Ok. Just requested.
Yup i sent it. Thanks!

Madmya
09-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Why am I a guardian? Why do I feel obligated to protect the tower and the traveler? to play a game and actually feel like what I'm doing actually matter does mean something. Fun shooter, but that's where it goes completely wrong imo.
The Traveler can no longer move any more. Why we do not know, as told in the story. The darkness has gathered to wipe humanity out once and for all. The Traveler is using ghosts to seek out protectors or 'Guardians' as warriors of Light to fight the Dark because it can no longer move. You want to protect the Tower because it is humanity's last safe zone, you want to protect the Traveler because humanity is doomed without it. Exactly what the Traveler is no one knows, that's where the intrigue is.

The story is compelling to me, albeit it'd be nice if it were fleshed out more in the game. But people need to realise this is an online game that is designed to be played multiple times. If we had longer cut scenes we'd all be complaining about the unskippable cut scenes. Before you start, yes they do need to be unskippable so you wouldn't ruin it for anyone else who might be playing it for the first time, or for someone who wants to watch the story again.

Rabbit
09-23-2014, 01:36 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/21/0de4636dc5760adfba5c4fc586c61890.jpg

I just need legendary legs and a helmet to be maxed out then I'll try to no life getting upgrade materials. Currently level 25.

How cute our characters are practically the same. I go female cuz in PVP the build is visually harder to shoot at usually but wondering why you did though.

Piko
09-23-2014, 08:56 AM
How cute our characters are practically the same. I go female cuz in PVP the build is visually harder to shoot at usually but wondering why you did though.

Been avoiding this for awhile. But, I gotta ask. Are you a Microsoft employee who's butthurt that Bungie left? Got it. You don't like the game. Everyone gets it. Do yourself a favor (and everyone else), trade it in and get your 20-30 back while you still can, and be done with it? You complained before it came out, ended up paying the 60 for it, and you're still complaining. Maybe you love it, but can't admit it?

As for the customization (why should I bother...?), what were you expecting? As a guy who has played a few mmos over the years, it seems legit enough, if you ask me.

SM Rollinger
09-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Its showing that ive joined the ETS group, but it doesnt seem to reconize it as a clan. Anybody else having this problem? I noticed on other clan/group pages they have a Playstation Clan / Xbox Clan tabs at the top of the page, that ours seem to be lacking. I know when you go to the create a clan/group page, there is an option to turn them on there. Help anybody?

Rabbit
09-23-2014, 05:47 PM
Been avoiding this for awhile. But, I gotta ask. Are you a Microsoft employee who's butthurt that Bungie left? Got it. You don't like the game. Everyone gets it. Do yourself a favor (and everyone else), trade it in and get your 20-30 back while you still can, and be done with it? You complained before it came out, ended up paying the 60 for it, and you're still complaining. Maybe you love it, but can't admit it?

As for the customization (why should I bother...?), what were you expecting? As a guy who has played a few mmos over the years, it seems legit enough, if you ask me. Didn't know criticism wasn't allowed here.

Funny thing i may have put more hours into this game than you have. Butt hurt are people that can't deal with legit and valid criticism. If i come off bitter about Bungie it's because i've always had a love/hate relationship with the Halos and it seems no different with Destiny. There's things they do marvelously well and then things that makes me blow a gasket.

Piko
09-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Criticism is fine. When someone seems to go out of their way to bash something, endlessly, it's gets kinda old. Either way, I said my peace, and now I'm done with it.

As for how much time you logged in compared to me, I doubt it.

Now, I'm done.

Space Suicide
09-23-2014, 06:13 PM

I wanted a female character?

I've done one of the Queen's Bounties fully and did two prelim requirements. (http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny/queens-wrath-event-guide/)

I got the fucking chest armor piece, figures after I bought the exotic gear this weekend. I want the helmet and the sniper rifle.

Piko
09-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Any of you PS4 folk up for running some of the queen missions?

Wretchedest
09-25-2014, 03:35 AM
Ive been hitting the queens missions a lot. Tomorrow they will take me to 29. Ive been disassembling all the armor she gives me... Lol
Your welcome to join me whenever! Theiriefreds ps4

ALSO. Regular legendaries+an exotic with full upgrades ONLY gets you to level 29. For 30. You need an exotic and a full set of gear only obtainable through the raid. Ill be doing my first raid starting friday, but if next week you all would like to join, i would be down to do it again.

Piko
09-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Ive been hitting the queens missions a lot. Tomorrow they will take me to 29. Ive been disassembling all the armor she gives me... Lol
Your welcome to join me whenever! Theiriefreds ps4

ALSO. Regular legendaries+an exotic with full upgrades ONLY gets you to level 29. For 30. You need an exotic and a full set of gear only obtainable through the raid. Ill be doing my first raid starting
if next week you all would like to join, i would be down to do it again.

Been trying to run them solo. No good. I'll definitely hit you up. How do you get exotic armor though? That merchant?

ryanmcfly
09-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Finally got over level 20 yesterday

october_midnight
09-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Loot cave patched, queen legendary items broken down no longer give Ascendant Shards.

Wretchedest
09-25-2014, 07:07 PM
queen legendary items broken down no longer give Ascendant Shards.
FUCK YOU BUNGIE. no reasons to play queens missions anymore, i guess...