PDA

View Full Version : Community

lebruit
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
This thread needed to be resurrected. How are you guys finding the new season?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfvm0j0eN0Y

I miss the ending with Troy & Abed in the morning.

Lunatica
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Troy and Abed are the best. LOL I love Community. The new season is great too. I like how consistently funny it is, it never stop being irreverent.

richardp
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Six seasons and a movie!!

Harry Seaward
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Man, I love this show. It's definitely the best TV comedy I've seen since Arrested Development (Archer was good, but not this good.) And seeing as how it's a legitimately good show on a major network, it was bound to be cancelled from the beginning. I guess it's too smart for the mainstream. I mean, technically it's on some sort of break right now, but we all know what that means. Here's hoping Dan Harmon gets a job somewhere and is able to work with another great cast like this to bring more quality to my brain holes.

RJK
12-01-2011, 09:23 AM
The Beetlejuice easter egg was one of the most holy shit things I've ever seen! This show is so great! I really hope it doesn't get canceled and at least get a fourth season. Of course this is probably their last season. That makes me sad.

BRoswell
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Just like Party Down, I'm discovering this show way too late. I used to watch Parks and Recreation and The Office on Thursday nights, but I didn't think to watch Community (even though Joel McHale and Chevy Chase are in it, who I think are awesome) until The Office took a huge dump this season. I love the quirkiness of the show and how it doesn't feel the need to stick to the "misfits at a college" premise. I can't imagine episodes like the paintball epics and the claymation Christmas special happening had they done that. Anyway, great show, and I really hope this season isn't the end. Although I'm sure NBC wouldn't hesitate to cancel it if that shitty show Whitney jumped up even higher in the ratings.

terryzen
12-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I saw the pilot and thought the show wasn't going to go anywhere, but after watching the first season's Christmas episode I was hooked. I have a feeling NBC wants to ditch it, it's up against BBT now, so prob. doesn't get ratings NBC wants. My favorite network sitcom anyway. smart and sharp.

adrenalinejunkie
12-01-2011, 02:46 PM
NBC benched this show for a couple of weeks I think due to poor-ish ratings. Thankfully a new episode is airing tonight. I hope it'll get renewed for a fourth season, but we may not get that six seasons and a movie. I may just lose all faith in humanity if Whitney gets renewed and Community gets cancelled.

terryzen
12-01-2011, 03:14 PM
NBC benched this show for a couple of weeks I think due to poor-ish ratings. Thankfully a new episode is airing tonight. I hope it'll get renewed for a fourth season, but we may not get that six seasons and a movie. I may just lose all faith in humanity if Whitney gets renewed and Community gets cancelled.

you can probably count on that as everyone seems to be in love with Whitney Cummings. money-wise, it's probably cheaper to produce her inferior show to the ensemble of Community. just hope it can hit syndication with 3-4ish seasons.

Delusional
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I really hope they don't cancel this. I was on the fence for the first season not thinking it could sustain itself but they have proven themselves to be one of the best comedies on tv by being consistently smart and funny. Why haven't networks created cable channels to dumb there popular, but not enough, shows on yet?

MAD
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I enjoy the show, I really do.

BUT! The last episode was just weird. No wait, it was creepy too.

plusminus
12-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Tonight's episode was hilarious. The knock on Bale's Batman voice with Annie was great.

Mech
12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Loved last night's episode. Troy and Abed's relationship is so funny.

Kid Charlemagne
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Nick fucking Kroll wearing a German Soccer Jersey. How am I not like him?

aurelius
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM
"I wish there was a word to describe the pleasure I feel in viewing misfortune."

Harry Seaward
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
New episode airs on the West coast in 5 minutes. Turn it on, bitches!

Harry Seaward
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM
So much smart, meta-humor in tonight's episode. No wonder it's getting cancelled.

richardp
12-09-2011, 12:51 AM
This episode was brilliant, but when it was over I felt a huge wave of sadness, not knowing when and if this show is even coming back.

Did anyone see the entire cast (minus Chevy) on The Soup this week, where they were all trying to convince Joel Mchale that the show was all in his imagination? The line that Allison Brie used was fucking genius, about how if it existed he would have seen commercials for it on NBC.

icklekitty
12-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Annie: I'll be at the movies with my bubbie.
Troy: You're not taking both of them?
Annie: Well, one's dead.
Troy: What?!

<3

Also, Annie's "teach me Christmas" dance is the most disturbing thing I've seen in a long time.

richardp
12-09-2011, 10:59 AM
"Boop boopy boop SEX"

theimage13
02-22-2012, 06:25 AM
March 15th. Back to Thursdays at 8:00. Beware the Ides of March, fellas.

Broadbent
03-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Is nobody else watching this show? I'm loving it. Specifically because I am an Air Conditioner repair man.

Mech
03-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I've definitely been watching it. Good season so far. I preferred last week's episode but they're all good and always enjoyable.

richardp
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
"pop pop, captain"

Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

Deadpool
03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
I missed the first 2 episodes since Community's return sadly, but I really enjoyed last night's. Have they ever done a straight-up "to be continued" before? I wanna know what's going on with the Vice Dean! I loved the plot with Britta most of all, though. I don't think ANY other show could possibly pull off what they did. Seriously.

also...

Britta: "It'll be just like High School, when I wrote my editorial column 'BRITTA: Unfiltered.'"
Pierce: "Oh, I get it."
Britta: "Get what?"

butters
03-30-2012, 03:42 PM
That Subway sub-plot was done perfectly. Excellent episode. I personally didn't care for last week's at all, possibly the first one of 3 seasons I didn't like. The writing for Pierce last night was [finally] some of the best of the season for him.

And poor Troy and Abed........

richardp
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
I love how the show constantly acknlowedges other situations happening outside of the group that are a huge deal, but aren't payed attention to by the study group. Like Garrett's illness and stuff. It's so good. No other show does that. Or the episode where they had flashbacks to all these memorable moments that the group had that the show just didn't cover.

Mech
04-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Have they ever done a straight-up "to be continued" before? I wanna know what's going on with the Vice Dean! I loved the plot with Britta most of all, though. I don't think ANY other show could possibly pull off what they did. Seriously.

also...

Britta: "It'll be just like High School, when I wrote my editorial column 'BRITTA: Unfiltered.'"
Pierce: "Oh, I get it."
Britta: "Get what?"

The Britta joke was great!! Also, they have done the "to be continued before" but usually they're closer to the end. They're usually the paintball episodes, no?

eversonpoe
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
so, was anyone else amazed with last night's episode? especially keith david's narration...it was top notch.

butters
04-06-2012, 10:06 AM
The bit about North Hall being named for so-and-so North and English-something being named for someone else... and something about syphilis...... holy SHIT did I laugh hard. Had to pause the dvr for a second on that one. Too bad I can't remember the whole damn quote.

Deus Ex Machina
04-06-2012, 10:27 AM
"pop pop, captain"

Also, the Dean convulsing after seeing Jeff with aviators was probably the greatest moment on television all year. I had to pause the show and laughed for like 10 minutes over that.

"Oh God HIS SHADOW!! Look at his shadow!!!!​"

Deus Ex Machina
04-06-2012, 10:28 AM
"pop pop, captain"

"His SHADOW!! Oh God, look at his shadow!"

Kid Charlemagne
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Changlorious Bastards

richardp
04-06-2012, 12:02 PM
“Unfortunately for Britta and millions of photographers like her, just because something is in black and white doesn’t mean it’s good.”

Probably one of the top five hardest times I've ever laughed at Community. That was perfect.

eversonpoe
04-06-2012, 01:16 PM
i don't know about you guys, but that shot at the end really made me want waffles...

Harry Seaward
04-08-2012, 06:27 AM
That last episode was fucking gold.

Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?

eversonpoe
04-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Have you guys been keeping up with the Dan Harmon/Chevy Chase drama?

no idea...?

Somewhat Damaged
04-08-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vunJKzXbr0

This is the best.

october_midnight
04-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Chevy 'I Haven't Been Funny In Decades' is caught on tape bashing 'Community', the only thing keeping him from free basing coke out of a bathroom stall. (http://www.wwtdd.com/2012/04/chevy-chase-calls-community-a-mediocre-sitcom/)

richardp
04-11-2012, 06:02 PM
God he's SUCH a dickbag.

Jinsai
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM
I've always hated Chevy Chase, so I was shocked that he was in a show that I actually liked. Suddenly, everything makes a little more sense. Fuck Chevy Chase.

Mech
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Just got around to watching last week's episode. I really don't understand why ratings are suffering, other than possible lack of attention. It was gold, and loved every minute of it. I love that Community can take a chance and turn they're 22 minutes per week into a mocumentary (?). The whole photography thing with Brita was HILARIOUS. "This astonishing moment was captured by Brita, by accident, by trying to capture the light from a waffle." (not sure exact quote) but that was funny stuff. I'm rarely disappointed in this show.

richardp
04-12-2012, 12:17 AM
No it totally makes sense why Community doesn't have the ratings that it deserves. Much like Arrested Development, the show is just simply too smart for the average television viewer.

Broadbent
04-26-2012, 08:57 PM
They Killed Starburns!!!

Goldfoot
04-27-2012, 12:03 AM
What an amazing episode. I've been looking forward to this since the Paley panel. Anyone realize the genius of the title?

Broadbent
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I hope to hell this gets renewed for a fourth season. this show was doomed from the beginning as community college is only 4 years long. But they're playing out this season like it could be the last.

sa_nick
05-07-2012, 03:31 AM
POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)

Mech
05-07-2012, 08:24 AM
I remember that, and I think you could be on to something. The timeline episode was one of my favorites, though I forget a lot of the details!

M1ke
05-07-2012, 11:01 AM
The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.

Harry Seaward
05-07-2012, 11:13 AM
The only thing that's bugging me about this show is that I remember Brita being smarter in the early episodes. She's lost anything interesting she once had, although Jeff commenting on that fact seems pretty great.

This has kind of bugged me too. Honestly, it's kinda like all of the characters have become caricatures of themselves. It seems like the show has been getting more and more campy.

However, I read one 'theory' about Britta that mentioned that she just seemed smarter early on, because she wasn't trying so hard. Now that she's purposely trying to act smart, she makes more of an ass of herself. I dunno.

sa_nick
05-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I dig the direction Britta has gone in. I kinda see it like the writers perception of her has changed as they written her. I don't find it too unnatural, and could understand if my perception of someone like her changed in real life. Sometimes when you get to know someone well enough they just seem so different to how you first perceived them. The show is subjectively showing us that.

(oh man im high)

M1ke
05-07-2012, 12:33 PM
POTENTIAL SPOILERS, OR MAYBE JUST A CRAZY THEORY!

Holy crap. The group from the "darkest" timeline have found a way to the best timeline and are ruining their lives, just like they said they would. They killed Starburns to set off a chain of events that would ultimately get the Greendale 7 expelled.

How else could you explain Abed specifically referencing that timeline episode when they're all back at the apartment at the end of the latest episode. Right at the start of the episode Abed said he was given the Starburns dvd by a one armed guy with a scar on his face who claimed to be Starburns lawyer. In the dark timeline Jeff was missing an arm, his right arm, which Abed specified as the missing one. The scar could have been to fool Abed, as he's said in the past that he doesn't recognise people by their face, but by their style and distinct traits.

It's a crazy direction to go in, but I could see it happening (hell, the show had zombies. It actually had zombies existing in their reality). I guess the clues in this latest episode could just be one big red herring, but after seeing them I'm going to be disapointed if thats the case. So keen to see where this leads now. Cant wait for the 3 part final airing back to back on the 17th (i think?)

You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.

Magtig
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I enjoyed this show a little more when it was a little less self conscious. The whole 'meta-tv-trivia-geek' thing used to be a really fun part of the show, but now it IS the show. I think they saw their strong, albeit limited, fanbase, and now they're trying too hard to play to that crowd. It's feels a bit myopic and indulgent at this point.

october_midnight
05-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet.

NBC ending Community, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock. (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/nbc-makes-drastic-call-veteran-comedies-30-rock-community-and-parks-recreation)

richardp
05-10-2012, 05:10 PM
............wow.

So All three phenomenal shows get canceled, but fucking Whitney and The Office get to stay on the air? Uhh, yo NBC, have you watched The Office lately? One of the worst things on television right now. Ugh.

ATTN: Netflix. The ball is in your court.

october_midnight
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
"LET'S GIVE MATTHEW PERRY ANOTHER SITCOM!" - NBC exec who has never watched television.

profane
05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Well, at least they're giving them a small order. Could've just threw it in the can at once I guess. Great show, wrong network.

richardp
05-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Now rumors have it that Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase won't be returning next season. Chevy isn't that huge of a loss, but Harmon is like Arrested Development losing Mitchell Hurwitz or something. That has me worried.

M1ke
05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
You could be on to something, I had to rewatch the timeline episode because of your post.

Also, the pizza guy in last weeks episode is the same pizza guy from the timeline episode, which explains the look Brita & him exchange at the end.

Cool theory, I wonder if you're right.

And this week, we had Annie as a mental patient and Pearce is still talking about banging Urtha Kit. They're certainly playing this up enough.

richardp
05-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Tonight's Pulp Fiction reference was EASILY in my top 5 favorite moments from this show. I had to pause it so I could laugh for like 3 minutes straight.

theruiner
05-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Not sure if this has been posted somewhere yet.

NBC ending Community, Parks and Recreation, and 30 Rock. (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/nbc-makes-drastic-call-veteran-comedies-30-rock-community-and-parks-recreation)According to the A.V. Club (http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-renews-community-for-13episode-fourth-season,73893/), it's not the final season...necessarily.

NBC has renewed Community (http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/community,87/) for a 13-episode fourth season, as per the Hollywood Reporter (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/nbc-renews-community-323145). The deal is not for a final season, like the deal for 30 Rock (http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/tvshow/30-rock,23/) announced earlier today (http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-officially-renews-30-rock-for-its-final-season,73872/), but there is no news on whether or not there will be the potential for more episodes if the show exceeds expectations

Jinsai
05-11-2012, 01:52 AM
boo, even if it was expected, especially w/ Community after all this Chevy Chase bullshit.

hobochic
05-11-2012, 02:53 AM
I guess that little old men in suits listen to their casette taped messages and pick up the rotary dial phone when Chevy Chase calls after all

profane
05-11-2012, 05:08 AM
According to the A.V. Club (http://www.avclub.com/articles/nbc-renews-community-for-13episode-fourth-season,73893/), it's not the final season...necessarily.

Indeed:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/05/10/community-renewed-by-nbc/133476/

Broadbent
05-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Last nights episode had very weak writing. the jokes and the story had nothing to do with each other, it was like a clip show of outtakes that were to ridiculous for tv. but after reading that article, it looks more like the writers knew the show was ending and were trying to be as goofy as possible. At least they're giving them a year to end the show properly and not just can it altogether...

richardp
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Last nights episode had very weak writing. the jokes and the story had nothing to do with each other, it was like a clip show of outtakes that were to ridiculous for tv. but after reading that article, it looks more like the writers knew the show was ending and were trying to be as goofy as possible. At least they're giving them a year to end the show properly and not just can it altogether...

Not trying to troll on you, dude, but... have you not seen older Community episodes? This is not the first time that the show has done this. It's not weak writing, it's actually great writing. They have these "clip show" episodes that go along with the already parodying of bottle episodes and such, that feature clips from episodes that never happened as a way of riffing on the idea of a clip show, and at the same time kind of establishing the characters as more than just "tv characters" by making the viewer realize that far more stuff happens in these people's lives, than just what you see for 30 minutes, once a week.

I think you may have missed the point of last night's episode entirely.

Broadbent
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Not trying to troll on you, dude, but... have you not seen older Community episodes? This is not the first time that the show has done this. It's not weak writing, it's actually great writing. They have these "clip show" episodes that go along with the already parodying of bottle episodes and such, that feature clips from episodes that never happened as a way of riffing on the idea of a clip show, and at the same time kind of establishing the characters as more than just "tv characters" by making the viewer realize that far more stuff happens in these people's lives, than just what you see for 30 minutes, once a week.

I think you may have missed the point of last night's episode entirely.

Oh I'm a huge community fan and have seen all the older episodes. But in those shows the jokes were still applicable to what was going on with the characters and the story. Last nights episode was more like "here's whats going on with the characters, now heres a bunch of random jokes that don't fit anywhere". the jokes last night couldn't have been worked into any show because they were just to crazy and obscure.

Harry Seaward
05-12-2012, 12:45 PM
I, for one, loved the latest episode. Not especially heady, but it had a lot of laughs. I don't mind that there wasn't much of a plot at all, I never really watched Community for the plot.

Also, John Hogdman is always a welcome addition.

Goldfoot
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm worried about this show. NBC is moving it to Friday and Dan Harmon may step down. Both of those are bad things.

virushopper
05-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Don't forget the last 3 episodes of this season airs tonight!

richardp
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Well that was fucking beautiful. Honestly got a little teary eyed when the #SixSeasonsAndAMovie hashtag showed up.

Deadpool
05-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I really enjoyed all 3 episodes. My favorite part of all of them was probably the bit in the video-game episode when Annie and Shirley killed the blacksmith. They hinted at some pretty major stuff in that final montage, too - I hope we get to see all of it come to fruition in some way.

richardp
05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
My favorite part of the 8-Bit episode was how Troy just kept jumping around and punching the air. It was so subtle, but it was SO true.

You could tell the finale was conceived as possibly the last episode, and it would have been a glorious way for the show to end. Next season has room to be quite amazing now.

M1ke
05-17-2012, 10:59 PM
That was absolutely fantastic. I love this show.

Harry Seaward
05-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Dat goth Brtta.

Magtig
05-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I laughed like an idiot when Jeff said 'thank you, dean' and he collapsed in orgasm. Great season finale.

Harry Seaward
05-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Community creator Dan Harmon will no longer serve as the series’ showrunner, The A.V. Club has learned from Sony Pictures Television, which produces the show. Taking his place are David Guarascio and Moses Port, who recently worked on ABC’s Happy Endings and ran Aliens In America, The CW’s 2007 coming-of-age sitcom. Harmon will remain a consulting producer.

Harmon’s place on Community had been undetermined since the show was renewed last week. Although showrunners typically sign two-year contracts at the start of a third season, Harmon’s deal was only for one, an unusual arrangement in the TV industry.

Considering Community lost a couple of producers earlier this month, don’t expect Harmon’s exit to be the last of the changes for the show. We’ll post more information as we get it.

Update: Harmon has commented on his removal from the program in this Tumblr post, which says that he was never contacted by anyone at NBC or Sony during the search for a showrunner for season four. (This corresponds with what we have learned.) Chris McKenna, the sole remaining season one writer other than Harmon, has confirmed his rumored exit from the show via Twitter.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/updated-dan-harmon-out-as-showrunner-of-community,75385/

Broadbent
05-19-2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.avclub.com/articles/updated-dan-harmon-out-as-showrunner-of-community,75385/

Well That's the end of this show. Fridays are where shows go to die. At least Harmon ended strong, but who know what the last 13 episodes are going to be like??

Great season finale though. It was nice to see gus from breaking bad. and the Air conditioner storyline was hilarious. every character wrap up nicely as if it was the end of show.

Mech
05-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Finally got the chance to watch the last 2 episodes and I was able to watch the 8 bit one earlier. I still don't understand why this show is on the verge of ending! The 8 bit episode was great, but maybe it's because the show is willing to be different that sets this show apart from others, but also ultimately ends up hurting itself? I love seeing the video game cliches in there, too, like troy jumping in the air constantly. Also, Annie and Shirley killing the blacksmith was great, I agree. Fun to see them not so goody-goody and watch what they'd do in an environment like that.

Also, I always did enjoy the AC story line. It was just one of those weird things that they threw in there, but it worked because we already understood how goofy Greendale was as a community college.

Goth rock magician also cracked me up. The Dean has gotten pretty awesome when it comes to Jeff. Man, I hope they go all out next season!

Goldfoot
05-21-2012, 04:39 PM
I still don't understand why this show is on the verge of ending! The 8 bit episode was great, but maybe it's because the show is willing to be different that sets this show apart from others, but also ultimately ends up hurting itself?

That's definitely part of it, but just look at the comedies that are considered successful, and see what they have that Community doesn't. Thursday's big show is Big Bang Theory, and though it's a show about really smart people, it doesn't require that you be particularly smart to enjoy it. Though a lot of the subject matter can be pretty "heady," they work with all the basic emotions and motivations on a regular basis so anyone can relate. Even Sheldan has some sort of romantic interest now. Community is a great show for us that "get" it, but people like the executives (and even one of the actors in the show itself) just don't understand it. They would rather have adolescent jokes that fill 2.5 Men than actually have to use their brain to see how something is funny. So while we love it when Community does an episode that turns them all into 8 bit sprites, or even one that plays with the conventions of a sit-com, flirting with self-awareness (bottle episodes and clipshows, for instance), that just doesn't appeal to a wide enough audience for the execs to properly support the show.

Man, I hope they go all out next season!

Not to proverbially rain on your parade, but I can almost guarantee that won't happen. This show is what it is now because of Dan Harmon. They brought those two new writers in as an attempt to steer the show in a "safe" direction, which would, ideally for them, appeal to more people. This will involve forcing romantic interests amongst the cast, as well as other things likereducing the amount of, or possibly eliminating, the homage episodes. And forget about Chang . He's going to have some kind "awakening" that will completely neuter the character and leave him sane. The Dean's nonsense will likely be subdued also. Messing his pants when Jeff touches him? Forget about it.

Mech
05-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Those are good points, and yes, I am worried about Dan Harmon absence, too. Hopefully they won't mess it up to much :/

icklekitty
06-28-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/community/21824/full-community-cast-returning-for-season-4

sa_nick
10-11-2012, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScCmVAQUgiY

virushopper
10-20-2012, 10:50 AM
http://youtu.be/7LV7M_WeGX8

carpenoctem
10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Watching the Dungeons & Dragons episode right now. This show is so perfect. Really hope the new writers can retain the same spirit.

Wretchedest
10-20-2012, 01:56 PM
It really is a great show, in spite of some of its cliches. I could watch it all day. I could fucking watch alison brie all day! That chick is smokin'

ibanez33
10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
In 24 hours that "October 19th" video got over half a million views. How the fuck can NBC justify delaying the show and cutting the season in half?

virushopper
10-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Community returns to tv this February, http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/community-to-return-in-february-in-its-old-thursday-8-pm-slot/

sa_nick
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I just rewatched the entire show for a third time. I used to think that season 3 went downhill in the second half, but i just fell in love with it for some reason and found the first half to be not so great.

virushopper
11-21-2012, 04:13 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/chevy-chase-leaving-nbcs-community/

eversonpoe
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
...an ensemble led by Joel NcHale...

spell-check, much?

Wretchedest
11-22-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm glad Chase is leaving. I love Chevy Chase, but he was never utilized properly, and was always annoying.

richardp
11-22-2012, 12:26 PM
You know, as much as I love Community, with the entire next season being sidelined and Dan Harmon and Chevy Chase leaving, I really wish Season 4 had never happened in the first place. It seems like the shows legacy is kind of just getting drug through the mud right now.

RJK
11-22-2012, 01:27 PM
While I'm disappointed in the departures I think it is too early to judge if season 4 isn't going to be good. Plus Chevy will be in almost all the episodes so him leaving won't be an issue this season. It'll only matter if they get a season 5, which I doubt will happen.

Broadbent
11-22-2012, 10:33 PM
While I'm disappointed in the departures I think it is too early to judge if season 4 isn't going to be good. Plus Chevy will be in almost all the episodes so him leaving won't be an issue this season. It'll only matter if they get a season 5, which I doubt will happen.

Ya I read an article a few months ago saying that this will not only be Community's last season, but 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreations last season too. NBC is cleaning house

eversonpoe
11-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Ya I read an article a few months ago saying that this will not only be Community's last season, but 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreations last season too. NBC is shooting itself in the foot

there, fixed.

virushopper
12-22-2012, 04:10 PM
http://youtu.be/0u5PMHt21Zw

virushopper
02-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Pop Pop!

Community returns tonight!

Deadpool
02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
This is a good interview with Gillian Jacobs (Britta):

http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/gillian-jacobs-community-interview.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Apparently Brie Larson is going to be on the show this season - as Abed's love interest! Awesome! I love the idea of Envy Adams being on Community.

Magtig
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
So is it just me, or does this show blow now?

eversonpoe
02-20-2013, 08:22 AM
So is it just me, or does this show blow now?

i thought the first two episodes of this season were great. has it lost a little of its charm & polish without dan harmon around? maybe...but it's still a great show. the characters and format are well established and the writing is still pretty strong.

i'm also happy it didn't simply get canceled.

richardp
02-20-2013, 11:28 AM
I'll be completely honest, Community still feels like 90% Community to me. I really enjoyed the first two episode. Everyone involved with the show is still there, minus Harmon, so it's not like NBC hired a complete new staff. The character development is still the same, same tone, same quirks. It's still a good show. I kind of feel like everyone hating it is just convincing themselves that it sucks now without actually giving it an open mind.

Wretchedest
02-20-2013, 12:05 PM
it still feels like community, but the season could do well to pick up a bit.

It shouldn't feel much different, my friend who works on community has mentioned that Harmon was fired because he usually should up to work drunk, if at all. Made it sound like the guy was useless.... he also mentioned that Chase wanted to stay on the show. So the media blitz on this is somewhat off...

Magtig
02-20-2013, 12:37 PM
I had all but forgotten about Harmon, so it's not that I'm convincing myself of anything. I'm saying that it blows after realizing each episode this season has barely gotten a chuckle out of me. It's kind of like the show turned into a (somewhat) typically banal NBC sitcom.

Broadbent
02-20-2013, 10:00 PM
The halloween episode was out of place in febuary. Would have been hilarious in october when it was suppose to air, but that's nbcs fault and has nothing to do with the content of the show.

This seasons not bad so far, only 2 episodes in, I hope there's more story lines though and not just 13 standalone episodes :/

Deadpool
02-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Looks like Tricia Helfer will be on tomorrow's episode, which is amazing news to me since BSG is my favorite TV show. I missed last week's Halloween ep, so I still need to watch that, but I liked the season premiere.

Also, Academy Award winning writer Jim Rash has written an episode for this season :)

eversonpoe
02-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Also, Academy Award winning writer Jim Rash has written an episode for this season :)

it'll be the dean's knees!

Mech
02-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Yes, the Halloween episode did seem out of place. I understand though it was to air in October. I thought the first two episodes have been great, though. My fiancé and I met with this being a common interest, so we are glad to see it back. Sucks it's the last season though :/

Wretchedest
02-21-2013, 06:12 PM
yeah the last two episodes were pretty unfunny... here's hoping they pull it back together. is this the confirmed last season now?

Radiovoyr
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
I liked tonights episode. Joel McHale and Allison Brie are great on screen together.

ibanez33
02-22-2013, 03:43 AM
yeah the last two episodes were pretty unfunny... here's hoping they pull it back together. is this the confirmed last season now?

Last with NBC as far as I know, but there's rumors of FX or another station picking it up. DISREGARD THAT, I COOK SOCKS

Tonight episode was AMAZING, if you're a Doctor Who fan. I couldn't even count how many references there were, it was unreal. I also really liked the Jeff/Annie story.

sa_nick
02-24-2013, 10:03 AM
What? There is NO word from NBC about this being their last season of Community. Infact, NBC's president said about season four, “We’re absolutely hopeful it will lead to a fifth season, I’d love nothing more than to see it continue.”

I'm not minding the new season. Still hard to tell just how the quality will turn out. It does feel a little different, but just because its slightly off doesnt suddenly make it the worst thing ever. I fucking hate people who are like "I didnt laugh once, I can't believed they ruined it". Fuck that, it's still the best sitcom on TV. Just because Dan Harmon isn't working on Community anymore, it doesn't mean Two and a Half Men is suddenly hilarious.

blackholesun
02-26-2013, 01:48 AM
I actually really enjoyed the bulk of season 3. But I am also enjoying this season. If you didn't know anything about Dan Harmon, you wouldn't have guessed that there's a new showrunner. All the writers stayed on for season 4 so I imagine why that's the case. Season 2 is by far my favorite though. This is still better than most of the shit NBC farts out nowadays. I really like Parks and Rec but I hope they don't run it into the ground like they did with The Office. That used to be my favorite show but I can't even watch a new episode without cringing anymore.

M1ke
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
I just watched this weeks episode.

It was painful. This show can end any time now.

Swykk
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
I absolutely hated the Inspector Spacetime Convention and the butter up the rich asshole (that one may've been the worst of the series) ones but Halloween and Thanksgiving were magic and on par with the better episodes of the series. The ones in between, including yesterday's have been good. The writing for Britta this season seems off. The Deanisms are set to "overkill" and need to go.

eversonpoe
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM
um, i'm sorry...last night was AMAZING.

take one of my favourite shows, turn everyone into puppets and have them sing? yeah, sign me up FOREVER.

why does everyone have such a stick up their ass about this season?

RJK
04-13-2013, 08:45 AM
um, i'm sorry...last night was AMAZING.

take one of my favourite shows, turn everyone into puppets and have them sing? yeah, sign me up FOREVER.

why does everyone have such a stick up their ass about this season?

I agree that I REALLY liked the puppet episode. I was skeptical at first but it was well executed. My only beef with this season is Jeff Winger turning into a good person. I prefer douche Jeff.

richardp
04-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah no shit. That puppet episode was probably one of the best episodes the series has put out yet. Especially with the huge character development on Jeff's part recognizing that everyone needed to make Shirley feel better before anyone else did.

I still echo that people are just TRYING to hate this show now. It's still fantastic and hasn't really lost anything with Harmon being gone.

Broadbent
04-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I could have done without the songs.

richardp
04-13-2013, 10:28 PM
But that'd be like The Muppets with no singing. It's just nowhere near as satisfying.

RJK
05-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Word on the street is that NBC will announce that Community will be renewed for Season 5.

[Shep]
05-10-2013, 08:09 PM
aaaand it's 5!.
(no word yet on how many episodes or if this is definetly the final season, I imagine it will be)

eversonpoe
05-11-2013, 12:45 AM
that was a fantastic season finale. i was originally hoping they'd elaborate on the S.P.I.D.E.R. (given that we saw the blueprints at the end of the previous episode) but i forgot all about that because this was basically my dream episode. everything about it was amazing.

troy-jan horse...

sa_nick
05-11-2013, 06:31 PM
troy-jan horse...

Ew, sounds like it'd be made of horse.

I've seen a lot of hate from people about the season finale, i assume they're just the people who's subconscious minds couldn't even grasp the concept of giving a non-Dan Harmon season a chance. I loved the penultimate "origins" episode but was a little dissapointed with how casually the Change/Kevin bit ended (at least there's still a setup for season 5 with City Collage). The finale was awesome. It gave us fans a buncha cool stuff we'd been wanting to see for a while, even if we knew it wasn't real. That said, it was so fucking rushed in places and man was the paintball poorly choreographed/directed. Drunk shirley was laughable, did the director even tell Yvette Nichole Brown that isn't how drunk people look/sound, and why the fuck didnt evil/even hotter Annie bother to shoot at her other self? It was filmed so bad as well, maybe the editing made it worse? I dunno... But when Abed said they finally found a way to make paintball cool again, all I could think is that it was their most pathetic attempt. Maybe the money/time just wasn't there to do it right.

Still, it was one hell of a nerdgasm epiosde. I was smiling though 95% of it, even laughing and actually clapping at times. It wasn't until the ending that I realised I was watching episode 13, the finale, which suddenly made me think "holy shit, this could be it...", which I wasn't thinking the first 19 minutes of the show. Jeff's graduation was suddenly a hundred times more emotional. I get way to connected to TV series, something about them ending just depresses me. I've worked on films and stuff, that moment when the final frame is shot it's like this little family of real close friends is just no more. I guess it's like a company going bankrupt, but imagine you all reall fucking love the job you do, and spend 12-16 hours a day 6 days a week together working to create something awesome, when it ends it sucks. I can't help but think of that whenever a show ends...

Piko
05-11-2013, 07:47 PM
;85723']aaaand it's 5!.
(no word yet on how many episodes or if this is definetly the final season, I imagine it will be)

14, I think.

virushopper
05-11-2013, 09:26 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/community-is-coming-back-will-dan-harmon-return-too/

sa_nick
05-12-2013, 07:49 AM
So happy it'll be back. Awesome to see Parks and Rec will return too. Love that show... it's like the US Office but actually funny.

Broadbent
05-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Cool finale, good season overall minus the "Where's Chevy Chase?" jokes and the out of sync holiday episodes. The origins episode could be the best episode in the series and the puppets were cool too. The only things I didn't like were the "freaky friday" episode and the chang plot line that went nowhere.

Glad it's gonna make it to a 5th season... One more and movie...

liquidcalm
05-13-2013, 02:10 AM
the season definitely ended better than it started. The last few episodes felt like they were back up to the high standards of season 2 and 3. Something just felt, off, at the start. I don't really care about them getting rid of Harmon etc, the writers were pretty much the same anyway, it was just like they didn't know what to do with the characters. I was happy I stuck with it though as it definitely got better.
I give the season a B-

Also, why the shorter seasons? I've noticed a few american shows seem to be dropping to 13/14 episodes rather than 22. Just a question mind, I'm British, I'm used to comedy shows having 6 episodes then never coming back..

icklekitty
05-13-2013, 02:29 AM
It's slightly annoying that the show has been "set to end forever" about 3 times now. I think if that carries on it's going to damage the show, and it was sort of responsible for all of this season's flaws. The origins episode was my favourite by far and would have rounded off the show nicely.

Piko
05-13-2013, 07:49 AM
the season definitely ended better than it started. The last few episodes felt like they were back up to the high standards of season 2 and 3. Something just felt, off, at the start. I don't really care about them getting rid of Harmon etc, the writers were pretty much the same anyway, it was just like they didn't know what to do with the characters. I was happy I stuck with it though as it definitely got better.
I give the season a B-

Also, why the shorter seasons? I've noticed a few american shows seem to be dropping to 13/14 episodes rather than 22. Just a question mind, I'm British, I'm used to comedy shows having 6 episodes then never coming back..

They usually drop shows to 13-14 either because they're cutting the cost, or they're unsure. And, at anytime, the network can order more episodes, or vice versa...

virushopper
06-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Dan Harmon is coming back to Community!

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/toldja-creator-dan-harmon-tweets-hes-coming-back-to-community/

gorast
06-09-2013, 01:09 PM
I wonder if he'll be able to recapture the magic after that fourth season, and without Chevy Chase to use as a punching bag.

gorast
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
One guy returns, another guy leaves:

http://tvline.com/2013/07/08/community-season-5-donald-glover-leaving/

It's still just a rumor (Vulture cited "inside sources"), but if it's true, that's a big blow to the show.

Broadbent
07-08-2013, 05:23 PM
One guy returns, another guy leaves:

http://tvline.com/2013/07/08/community-season-5-donald-glover-leaving/

It's still just a rumor (Vulture cited "inside sources"), but if it's true, that's a big blow to the show.

Ugh. If that's true it's going to hurt the chemistry and stories in a big bad way. There's a small part of me that kind of wishes this would have ended at season 3 and just been a cult show. At the same time new Community is new Community and I really shouldn't be complaining.... We've made it this far(6 seasons and a movie!)

virushopper
12-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Yo Yo Yo, Pop POP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3kFjFbSSE#t=34

Broadbent
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Looks great! Might be a little over the top but that's probably just the trailer. I can't friggin wait.

Six seasons and a movie...

gorast
12-12-2013, 06:01 PM
"Season 9 of Scrubs, Zach Braff was only in the first six episodes."

"That son of a bitch. After everything Scrubs did for him?"

The amount of self-awareness in that joke destroyed me.

eversonpoe
12-12-2013, 11:15 PM
oh man, that looks fantastic. and it's premiering on my birthday. thank goodness.

richardp
12-13-2013, 01:09 AM
I'll be honest I had really low expectations for this new season, with Donald Glover jumping ship and the show essentially wrapping itself up TWICE now, but jesus, that trailer was awesome. Consider my interests re-peaked. That Scrubs joke really is incredible.

virushopper
01-02-2014, 04:29 PM
2 new episodes tonight!

sa_nick
01-03-2014, 08:14 AM
First two episodes were cool with only a few things failing to impress. Shit's pretty dark still, I mean the premise for everyone staying together is because all their lives are worse now than they were 4 years ago. Something did feel... off?... but i think it'll come back around to the Community we know and love.

Oh, and "That's like me blaming owls for how much I suck at analogies" is the new "[a metaphor] is like a thought wearing another thought's hat"

gorast
01-04-2014, 01:22 AM
I think the Repilot was a success. It certainly had a pretty dark premise behind it - everyone fucked up after Greendale so why not try again? Makes me wonder how Troy escapes it.

And that Pierce cameo, my God - I can't imagine how much Sony paid him to do that. He probably avoided Harmon like the plague while filming that bit.

I also like the idea of Buzz Hickey "replacing" Pierce to an extent, especially since it's Jonathan Banks. If these two episodes are anything to go by, then I think it's safe to say Community is back for real.

As long as they don't do another god damn pseudo-series finale.

RJK
01-04-2014, 06:10 AM
With NBC actually using six seasons and a movie in the ads they have to bring it back for one more season right? And maybe a three part episode that could be considered a "movie" but able to be split into separate parts for syndication (similar to the Family Guy movie.) Of course this is NBC and they are idiots.

gorast
01-04-2014, 11:58 AM
It would be pretty incredible if they actually ended up gunning for six seasons and a movie, but I doubt NBC will hold themselves to that if the ratings aren't what they want. I just hope they've at least lowered their requirements a bit on that front after seeing the rabid nature of this fanbase.

Or they could just keep fucking with us for laughs. Whichever.

RJK
01-04-2014, 12:04 PM
I think the fact that they are only doing 13 episode seasons and not 26 episodes might help them get the Sixth season.

Magtig
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Well this show just came roaring back to life. Holy shit.

edit: Just watched e02. I think I blew a funny fuse on that Nicolas Cage shit. I kept hoping they'd bring up Wild at Heart.

virushopper
01-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I laughed my ass off on this scene alone.

http://i.imgur.com/StxIDvF.gif

ibanez33
01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
the Sixth season.

and the movie!

I laughed my ass off on this scene alone.

http://i.imgur.com/StxIDvF.gif

THIS MEANS "TRACE THE CALL"!!!!

"look up the extension"

Wretchedest
01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Its crazy how much back this show is. I didnt much care for last nights episode but it was so much more community than the last season. Paricularly with annie not being a ditz any more.

Thd nicholas cage thing was one of the best things ever on this show.

gorast
01-10-2014, 07:37 PM
I love that they did an even darker crime drama episode. Well, as dark as an Ass Crack Bandit can be.

Anyone else feel really jarred by that abrupt switch to Pierce being dead, though? I feel like the episode's writer (I don't know who it was) got stuck in a corner and had to figure some way to cut the bandit storyline short. I dunno.

Great episode overall, though. God, Community is back.

Broadbent
01-10-2014, 09:01 PM
I love that they did an even darker crime drama episode. Well, as dark as an Ass Crack Bandit can be.

Anyone else feel really jarred by that abrupt switch to Pierce being dead, though? I feel like the episode's writer (I don't know who it was) got stuck in a corner and had to figure some way to cut the bandit storyline short. I dunno.

Great episode overall, though. God, Community is back.

I agree the Pierce thing was out of place, but I don't think the writers were cutting the bandit story short.

Pierces death was definitely a out of place and upset the flow of the story(Troys departure will be better). But it was really just a way to pause the story. The ass crack bandit is still out there!!!!!! I think it's Annie, but they end indicated it could be anyone. We haven't seen the last of the ass crack bandit. Hell they might even be throwing us a real curveball and make the ass crack bandit Pierce....

Who faked a heart attacked.

scorpiusdiamond
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
And that Pierce cameo, my God - I can't imagine how much Sony paid him to do that. He probably avoided Harmon like the plague while filming that bit.

Dan Harmon said in an interview he personally asked Chase to do the cameo and he agreed. He did it in a separate studio against green screen.

Broadbent
01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Ok this show is back and better than ever. A school wide "The Floor is Lava" episode?!? We're only one act in and this is great.

GibbonBlack
01-23-2014, 10:14 PM
when the advertisement for the Winter Olympics came on at the bottom of the screen I genuinely thought 'Woah, he's snowboarding on lava.....oh...'

eversonpoe
03-07-2014, 07:41 AM
"Mark Zuckerberg is Fidel Castro in flip-flops."

jesus christ i love this show.

Broadbent
04-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Started off really weird tonight, but got awesome really quick! Chang singing the subway song, the bit at the end, it was all good.

Aladdinsanity
05-09-2014, 02:28 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/09/community-cancelled-by-nbc

:mad:

Swykk
05-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Seriously, fuck NBC in the face. They constantly fucked with this show until this last season.

NBC--We're the network that fucked over Conan AND Community.

gorast
05-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Well, the ride's over. Was fun while it lasted.

blackholesun
05-09-2014, 04:25 PM
5 seasons was a pretty good run. The fact that it wasn't cancelled after season 3 or 4 (or well any of the seasons) is pretty impressive. I'll miss having new episodes to watch.

Broadbent
05-09-2014, 04:37 PM
We were so lucky to get 5 seasons with the ratings.... But it still feels like this show was taken off air to early. The loss of cast members and Behind the scenes BS really plauged the show, but man I hope netflix or somebody picks it up for another season.

#Sixseasonsandmovie

scorpiusdiamond
05-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Joel McHale is going to take over from Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.

Piko
05-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Watched an episode this morning that had me cracking up. It was an anti-drugs school play, and Chevy Chase was Drugs. I ended up ordering all four seasons.

Radiovoyr
05-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Joel McHale is going to take over from Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.

That is cool, but I like the Soup way more than pretty much every late night talk show. Ill give it a shot though. Still really hoping Netflix picks up community though.

scorpiusdiamond
05-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Yeah apparently that's not true anymore... Vicious rumours etc

blackholesun
06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
6 Seasons and a Movie!

(https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/community-season-6-yahoo-204612640.html)

Swykk
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
Darkest timeline successfully avoided! Is a Donald Glover cameo too much to ask?

gorast
07-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm sure he'll show up, maybe how Pierce did in season 5, but not dead.

Or maybe he'll be in the movie that absolutely has to happen now. There's no avoiding it.

Has anyone used Yahoo Screen before? Is it a decent platform?

ibanez33
07-01-2014, 11:36 PM
I didn't even know Yahoo had a streaming platform, I thought they were pretty much down to IE toolbars, weather apps, and old peoples email addresses.

MrLobster
11-19-2019, 07:12 PM
Re-watching the series... and laughing quite a bit.

Leonard is still great...
and who can forget Garrett (CRISIS ALERT!)...

eversonpoe
11-19-2019, 10:32 PM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8f6b684105d15b432f66a635f40b7ac3/tenor.gif?itemid=12402508

every actor on that show is just so perfect at playing their character

Swykk
11-20-2019, 07:58 AM
I still have my Greendale lanyard that holds my work ID, the Christmas figures, and of course, my Troy And Abed In The Morning mug.

I loved this show so much. Hope they do the movie someday soon.

Deadpool
11-20-2019, 11:50 AM
The more I think about it, the more I think season 6 is my favorite – it's definitely the one I've watched and thought about the most. Keith David and Paget Brewster were such great additions/characters.

The stingers ALONE in s6 were next-level. The Ayuban/Yakuza bit: incredible. The giant hand scene with Matt Besser: genius. The final scene with voice-over by Dan Harmon himself: heartbreaking and brilliant. COMMUNITY 4EVA.

BRoswell
11-20-2019, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I think Season 6 was really good. It gets a bad rap because it's clear that they were working on a more limited budget than previous seasons, but I think that actually helped them out in a lot of ways.

eversonpoe
11-20-2019, 01:49 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2b3e2b871ee7e154599b547b649b34d2/tenor.gif?itemid=5621772

while i'm already a huge fan of hellraiser, this use of the line never fails to crack me up

MrLobster
11-29-2019, 05:49 AM
"Wait, there are other time lines?" - delivery guy

"I'm a fake psychologist, not a fake ethnographer." - Dr. Heidi

theimage13
11-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Yeah, I think Season 6 was really good. It gets a bad rap because it's clear that they were working on a more limited budget than previous seasons, but I think that actually helped them out in a lot of ways.

Agreed. Everyone else I know who liked this show seemed to really hate the last season, but I thought it was still fucking hilarious. In my line of work, the last show of a tour always has a much more lighthearted air to it. The crew are in high spirits, the band is often fucking around and just having a blast, and everyone is just plain having a good time. Season 6 had that kind of vibe to it - the "screw it, we're done, let's just do whatever we want and have a great time" mentality. And it worked.

Deadpool
11-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Agreed. Everyone else I know who liked this show seemed to really hate the last season, but I thought it was still fucking hilarious. In my line of work, the last show of a tour always has a much more lighthearted air to it. The crew are in high spirits, the band is often fucking around and just having a blast, and everyone is just plain having a good time. Season 6 had that kind of vibe to it - the "screw it, we're done, let's just do whatever we want and have a great time" mentality. And it worked.

Preach!!

MrLobster
12-26-2019, 05:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-HvpKCMe5U

allegate
04-23-2020, 09:51 AM

heh, we just watched that episode last night.

It's weird that during this re-watch there are whole episodes that I don't remember. Not even a smidgen of the episode. I know it's been a long time since I've seen them but I guess I missed a few during the OG run.

I had to stop reading the thread because we just started season three and suddenly posts are showing up with spoilers.

theimage13
04-23-2020, 11:04 AM
heh, we just watched that episode last night.

It's weird that during this re-watch there are whole episodes that I don't remember. Not even a smidgen of the episode. I know it's been a long time since I've seen them but I guess I missed a few during the OG run.

I had to stop reading the thread because we just started season three and suddenly posts are showing up with spoilers.

Ha, we're in the same spot! I think Season 3 is the only one I ever caught part of while it was originally on, because I distinctly remember some of these episodes.

allegate
05-04-2020, 06:04 PM
Finished S3 finally. There were some good ones but the whole Chang thing I remember not liking back when it aired. The whole City College Dean thing rubs me the wrong way and I can't put my finger on it. It just seems too weird for the show, I guess.

The gaslighting episode was funny but it's also not really welcome right now in our actual reality of constant gaslighting.

The 8-bit episode was great.

Other people had to have noticed the reliance on old Chevy Chase SNL bits, right?

allegate
05-06-2020, 01:15 PM
I'm ordering two of these (https://www.amazon.com/Community-Darkest-Timeline-Bandana-Balaclava/dp/B087ZWL6YB/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?crid=373TRIZXVLLA3&dchild=1&keywords=darkest%2Btimeline%2Bcorona%2Bmask&qid=1588632590&sprefix=darkest%2Btimeline%2B%2Caps%2C231&sr=8-1-fkmr1&th=1), one for me and one for my son. I think he'd get a kick out of it.

theimage13
05-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Other people had to have noticed the reliance on old Chevy Chase SNL bits, right?

Alas, I was never much of an SNL person, so I'm not familiar with his material from the show. (I know he was on it, I've just never seen the old sketches.)

MrLobster
05-07-2020, 07:20 PM
The best part of Chevy on the show was giving Joel a chance to study him up close and then use it in that National Lampoon bio-comedy "A Futile and Stupid Gesture".

Swykk
05-07-2020, 07:26 PM
The cast minus Chase are returning for a live table read

https://collider.com/community-reunion-virtual-table-read-donald-glover/

MrLobster
05-09-2020, 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/NotCityCollege/status/1259230816493883392

MrLobster
05-18-2020, 06:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Q_nlSULio

S5 E4 table read thru...

wight rabbit
05-18-2020, 11:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Q_nlSULio

S5 E4 table read thru...

That was great! It looked like everyone was having a good time doing it, too.

MrLobster
05-19-2020, 06:33 AM
That was great! It looked like everyone was having a good time doing it, too.

The Q&A afterwards is quite funny as well... (same channel).

allegate
05-19-2020, 09:42 AM
"Mark Zuckerberg is Fidel Castro in flip-flops."

jesus christ i love this show.
watching the episode six years later: "he's not wrong."

wight rabbit
05-19-2020, 03:33 PM
I also learned from watching that that I've been pronouncing Gillian's name wrong for years. I always thought it was a soft G sound, not a hard G sound. When Dan introduced her, I initially thought he was just joking around, but then I looked up interviews with her and had my mind blown.

Deadpool
05-19-2020, 10:32 PM
The Q&A afterwards is quite funny as well... (same channel).

The Q&A was just as fun as the table read! There were too many great moments to count but a standout for a season 6 defender like myself was definitely when Dan & Co. gave Keith David and Paget Brewster a shout-out. They were GREAT, great additions, and I cherish those performances/characters. <3

MrLobster
05-26-2020, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZcg6A6FTg

allegate
06-10-2020, 10:36 AM
Turns out my son skipped three episodes of the sixth season. See if I let him use the remote again...

anyway, we watched Grifting 101, Basic RV Repair and Palmistry, and Modern Espionage.

Modern Espionage was the one that had me laughing the hardest because it was just so well done. I was cackling at the Civil War elevator scene and they both thought I was crazy. It made me wonder if Community is a moving meme? It is constantly making hard references to things that unless you know what they are will just wash over you. I know that other shows/movies do this but it seems to be baked into the DNA of the show that there are jokes inside of jokes if you can see all of the references.

Also got the Darkest Timeline face mask. It looks alright, comes with three replacement filters. My son's birthday is today so he'll be getting it tonight. His actual party is Saturday so he'll get the rest then.

allegate
04-10-2021, 07:31 PM
https://youtu.be/rwfgjaT7uU0

M1ke
04-10-2021, 08:24 PM
https://youtu.be/rwfgjaT7uU0

I just watched that, getting really excited, thinking that might have been real.

And now I'm sad that it's not....

allegate
04-10-2021, 11:37 PM
yeah when they showed Pierce I was like...wait a minute. actually got a little sad when I Google'd and only found that people still want it to happen but no one's making it happen.

MrLobster
09-30-2022, 11:52 AM
https://twitter.com/kenjeong/status/1575872533223862272

Appears to be happening... going to Peacock.

BRoswell
09-30-2022, 12:14 PM
It's about damn time. Here's hoping it'll be worth the wait and they can at least get Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown back for cameos. (Pretty sure Chevy Chase isn't coming back under any circumstances.)

Zimbo
09-30-2022, 05:28 PM
Pop pop

Wretchedest
09-30-2022, 06:12 PM
I get that Donald glover is one of the greatest talents of our generation, but is he really too hot shit to do this? Come on!

BRoswell
09-30-2022, 06:21 PM
I get that Donald glover is one of the greatest talents of our generation, but is he really too hot shit to do this? Come on!

I mean, he IS a pretty busy guy these days. Joel McHale tagged him in his tweet about the movie though, so I imagine he's on board in some capacity.

Wretchedest
10-01-2022, 12:20 AM
I mean, he IS a pretty busy guy these days. Joel McHale tagged him in his tweet about the movie though, so I imagine he's on board in some capacity.

Is he? I know Atlanta just finished up but I never hear about him any more. Guess I'll look it up

scorpiusdiamond
10-01-2022, 04:31 AM
I think Dan Harmon has repeatedly said it wouldn’t happen without Donald Glover, so I’d assume he’s on board in some capacity. Doing the table read was a good indicator too

M1ke
10-01-2022, 06:18 AM
I think if anyone else was going to be in it, they would have announced it at the same time.

And if they were still in contract negotiations, they would have delayed the announcement.

The only reasons I could think of to not mention Troy or Shirley in the announcement, are that either they're not in the movie, or they're only in it as a brief appearance.

MrLobster
10-01-2022, 01:35 PM
https://twitter.com/nscafe/status/1576278065206161408

I was silly and bought some tiger ice cream... and then noticed that it was "El Tigre" and then decided to send pics to the Twitterbeast.

allegate
10-01-2022, 02:44 PM
stealing this comment from wherever I saw it yesterday: have Levar and Troy show up with 3' beards.

https://i.imgur.com/ToQ03kr.jpg

allegate
03-22-2023, 10:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqigqM7XwH0