PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

somewhat_
01-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Based on TR's reddit (http://www.reddit.com/user/trent-reznor) from late last year and Adrian Belew spilling the beans (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/01/tech-for-guitarists-whats-new-whats-changing-in-digital-guitar-tools-namm-report/#more-27554), I think it's justified to open up a thread about discussing Nine Inch Nails touring in 2013.

My take: I'm not sure what to expect but it's at least refreshing to see TR change things up a bit by bringing on Adrian instead of Robin or Aaron again.

Edit (2/27/13):

Nine Inch Nails are touring in 2013 and 2014.

Rumored dates thus far:

Fuji Rock Festival 7/26 - confirmed

(http://www.fujirockfestival.com/)Lollapalooza 8/2 - 8/4

Rock N Heim Festival 8/16-8/18 - confirmed (http://www.hockenheimring.net/rock-n-heim-vom-16-18-august-2013-hockenheim)

r_z
01-30-2013, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the writer of that piece mixed up a simple "I'm going on tour with Trent Reznor this year" with Belew being a part of the new NIN live band. He's probably a part of HTDA live, which makes sence, given the structure, feel and more "artsy" approach of HTDA's music.

Leviathant
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Pretty much every guitarist who's let slip that he's touring with NIN before the official announcement gets replaced. I wonder if Adrian will get the boot, too, haha.

Dr.Z
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Adrian Belew? WOOOAAAHHHH my head is exploding!!!! This is the best thing ever!

Pretty much every guitarist who's let slip that he's touring with NIN before the official announcement gets replaced. I wonder if Adrian will get the boot, too, haha.
I don't think so, as he has played on TDS, Fragile and Ghosts and significantly shaped the sound of that albums. This is not just a "We need a new live guitarist" thing.

Also, from Belew's blog:

more excitements (http://elephant-blog.blogspot.de/2012/11/more-excitements.html)

tomorrow daniel and I will board a plane for L.A.
unexpectedly I've been invited into another
exciting new recording project.
I'm sure you will want to hear all about it,
but for now I'll have to wait until it's announced.

Just speculating, but it could be another NIN record. Maybe with more Belew input than before if he's going to be in the live band.

hobochic
01-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Good for Belew for spilling out the beans; he's the most compelling thing about NIN going on tour and maybe recording again.

(and please let it not be a HTDA tour. That project needs to pull a *mars volta* and do it quickly)

Cheers!

theimage13
01-30-2013, 04:34 PM
"Adrian Belew, who was scoping out TriplePlay, seemed tickled pink by the recent news that he’ll tour this year as Nine Inch Nails’ guitarist." That's the "news"?

That tells us absolutely nothing. Could very easily be a writer who misheard/misunderstood a quote, or reworked it to create "news" that would draw traffic to their site. As far as I'm concerned...*yawn* until we see an actual quote from somebody, and not just a sentence written by a blogging musician.

fillow
01-30-2013, 04:53 PM
Can't wait to see Adrian bangin' and shreddin' Head Like A Hole.

Seriously, I can't see how does he fit into aggressive NIN show. Unless Trent drops aggressiveness and focus on slower and/or not-so-angry stuff

jessamineny
01-30-2013, 04:55 PM
I seriously think it's going to be The Fragile live.

onthewall2983
01-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Can't wait to see Adrian bangin' and shreddin' Head Like A Hole.

Seriously, I can't see how does he fit into aggressive NIN show. Unless Trent drops aggressiveness and focus on slower and/or not-so-angry stuff

The noise at the end of "Mr. Self Destruct"? All Adrian's guitar work.

butter_hole
01-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Seriously, Belew needs to fucking keep his mouth shut. Good for us, I mean, but this is like the third big profile thing he's let slip.

Deepvoid
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
With all due respect for the man, he's 63 and I don't see him ditching out March of The Pigs on a daily basis. Also, we know HDTA will be touring late spring/summer. I don't see how a NIN tour could fit in 2013.

Broadbent
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Remember like 2 or 3 years ago when trent retired nin live? yeeeeaaaaahhhh....No.

gorast
01-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Remember like 2 or 3 years ago when trent retired nin live? yeeeeaaaaahhhh....No.
"For the foreseeable future." "For the foreseeable future." "For the foreseeable future."

Then you get this guy.

sheepdean
01-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Calling it the "Wave Goodbye" tour really didn't help, though I'm 72% sure that's because of the lyric in Now I'm Nothing

ManBurning
01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
well, he did "wave goodbye" of 4 years of steady touring. I think it's justified. Besides how many of us actually bought ht was done forever? He's still not THAT old. Sure he's approaching 50, but he's still got it in him, especially if the Rolling Stones and this Adrian Belew guy can do it, he'll be just fine.

He probably just misses the touring and his roots, maybe just wants to get away from 2 constatly screaming children at home, lol.

Either way, this throws a new wrench in my vacation plans. Especially since my work is absolutly RETARDED and makes us bid on our vacation for the year now. It's open for bidding for the next 2 weeks. I already submitted a couple weeks I want in the summer, but i'm gonna need to change that again now based on when these live shows get announced. I'm guessing they will be scheduled in September/October to maybe co-incide with the Fragile deluxe release, if that is being planned for a fall release, maybe for it's 14th anniversary and then the backing tour to support it.

Sad to see that Adrian has potentially replaced Robin, but who knows... if it is a Fragile tour, i'm guessing they need more than 4 people on stage, so maybe we will see the return of a second guitarist.

Who does everyone want as a drummer? Freese, Ilan Rubin, Jerome Dhillion or someone completly new? I could care less if JMJ returns on bass, never really liked him anyway, He never really fit in to the band. I can see Lohner returning on bass/keys actually... seems like he and Trent have been hanging out alot together recently.

Would be nice to have Courtini return to Synths as well. Or if he doesn't how cool would it be for SONOIO to open the show?

fillow
01-31-2013, 12:22 AM
The noise at the end of "Mr. Self Destruct"? All Adrian's guitar work.
Yeah, I know his contributions (The Becoming, WITT, Ghosts and some other The Fragile songs), but that's just studio work and not jumping around onstage and screaming backing vocals on top of your lungs. He just always has an image of a classy gentleman, sort of (to me at last), hence my comment.
I didn't see JMJ fitting in either and yet he did perfectly, so what do I know

sick among the pure
01-31-2013, 12:30 AM
All I know is I would love it if Robin came back when Trent tours NIN again. I've always loved his sound, and stage presence. And I feel like he has the most "history" with the band, since he was THE guitarist for TDS on, minus WT and the "tour everywhere except the US" time period.
I've also loved Josh's sound and stage presence, and his fucking off-stage presence! Ilan was a damn good drummer, and since he is also good with keys he was an important member. I never saw Jerome live, but from videos he definitely fit the live band well.
JMJ was a nice guy, he tried to meet up with me on the LITS tour (when he was constantly talking to fans on the forum and meeting them to sign stuff after shows) but I'm sad I never got to see Danny, and I know he's been hanging out with Trent a lot, so I am excited at the idea of him coming back. Honestly, the Fragility lineup was great, and every time I watch AATCHB I'm sad I never got to see it in person.

eversonpoe
01-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I know his contributions (The Becoming, WITT, Ghosts and some other The Fragile songs), but that's just studio work and not jumping around onstage and screaming backing vocals on top of your lungs. He just always has an image of a classy gentleman, sort of (to me at last), hence my comment.

you've definitely never seen king crimson live. adrian has great stage presence & energy. i saw them a couple years ago and they were fantastic. he wasn't quite as energetic as he was when i saw them 12 and 10 years ago, but still great.

Tony
01-31-2013, 07:27 AM
Two guesses:

I wouldn't be surprised if the writer of that piece mixed up a simple "I'm going on tour with Trent Reznor this year" with Belew being a part of the new NIN live band...
I think this is pretty likely.

Other guess has been touched upon by several people, at least in the NIN Spotting thread where this all started. IF he's going on tour with NIN (IF NIN is touring again this year), I'm betting he'll be working as a rhythm guitarist - allowing Trent to work more on keys, pads, etc.

DigitalChaos
02-01-2013, 12:35 AM
How pissed would you all be if this is just Adrian Belew working in the studio with Trent on some HTDA material and the writer interpreted "Trent" as "NIN"?

DigitalChaos
02-01-2013, 12:36 AM
But seriously, I would imagine Belew to be contributing to studio work (even if NIN), not live performances. Who knows though.

gorast
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
I'd be more irritated with the complete incompetence of the article's author than any sort of pissed off about NIN not actually touring. Getting facts wrong and misquoting irritates me beyond belief.

Though, I did also miss out on my only chance to see NIN back in 2009, so I'd much prefer that Belew let it slip out instead of a misquote.

Vertigo
02-01-2013, 01:56 AM
How pissed would you all be if this is just Adrian Belew working in the studio with Trent on some HTDA material and the writer interpreted "Trent" as "NIN"?

Not annoyed at all, Belew's work is sensational. I'd be surprised to see it happening with HTDA because of the focus on sparse electronica, but I'd be enormously stoked to hear he's contributing to tracks on the new NIN album.
...And am also enormously stoked at the prospect of him being the touring guitarist, he'd likely find fresh interpretations for a lot of the material. And provide plenty of opportunity for The Great Belew puns.

spahn
02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
like someone mentioned before, can't see him at age 63, put on an aggressive show night in and night out. would love to see the guy contribute to new NIN material but live, not so much.

slave2thewage
02-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Cortini, Freese, Lohner and anyone-but-Finck for me!

spahn
02-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Cortini, Freese, Lohner and anyone-but-Finck for me!

lohner, vrenna, finck, clouser, reznor. oh, how i miss 1994.

thevoid99
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
For me, the line-up has to be Cortini, Freese, Finck, Lohner/Meldal-Johnsen.

jessamineny
02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I asked this before when the tour talk came up in NIN Spotting, but wonder if more people might weigh in here...

If he were to tour The Fragile live, what would it take to stage it? Would he need two guitarists... either in addition to himself, or because he'd be on keys so much? He'd still have to have a Cortini, though, yes? Someone else suggested that in addition to the drummer, he might need a percussionist who could fill in on keys.

screwdriver
02-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I asked this before when the tour talk came up in NIN Spotting, but wonder if more people might weigh in here...

If he were to tour The Fragile live, what would it take to stage it? Would he need two guitarists... either in addition to himself, or because he'd be on keys so much? He'd still have to have a Cortini, though, yes? Someone else suggested that in addition to the drummer, he might need a percussionist who could fill in on keys.

I mean, we're speaking hypothetically here, but it would really depend on how backing track heavy he went. its like, some of these songs have dozens of guitars. I've spent like 15 years hearing them all. but that doesn't mean you need that for a live show. likewise, some of the atmospherics are amazing, but is there anything gained by having someone up there attempting to manually play all the samples?

I'm such a giant NIN/Fragile slut, but if you're gonna do it... I don't know, play it with an orchestra or something. be bonkers!

also, the bit about Belew touring with NIN seems to have disappeared from the article.

gorast
02-01-2013, 04:31 PM
So it was either wrong or a too-early confirmation. Lovely.

I think having five people total would work pretty well. Drums, percussion (and I use that term loosely)/keys/second guitar, lead guitar, bass. Maybe have two people dedicated to guitars and have another person do keys/percussion to bring it up to six. I'd personally prefer Trent to focus entirely on vocals, or vocals and major instrumental parts (i.e. La Mer's main melodies). The second guitarist could do samples too, aided by backing tracks.

And then they all jump on random instruments for songs like Ripe.

sheepdean
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I think the problem with doing TF live would be that Ripe, with or without Decay, would be a shitty end to a live show (though a great end to an album)

jessamineny
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm repeating myself (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1261-So-NIN-is-back-together-huh?p=57612#post57612), but: Ripe would be like really awesome aftercare after a twisting, turning mindfuck. :P

icklekitty
02-01-2013, 05:56 PM
My hopes will stay firmly on the floor until I see the front page of nin.com gradually turn from black to white again.

And then I'll see you all at the F5 button at 08.55am.

somewhat_
02-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I think if/when this happens it will kick off with Lollapalooza, so an August/September U.S. tour I think might be the plan. I actually remember reading something about Europe in November/December. I don't remember where I read that from and it probably wasn't even a reliable source. I'm sure it was just a rumor anyone could have made up.

The longer we go without HTDA tour dates, the more I start to think Coachella is a one off (two off) show before they open for NIN a few months down the road.

sheepdean
02-04-2013, 06:37 PM
HTDA opening for NIN is just NOT FEASIBLE. Trent would die from exhaustion. Plus he cares too much about HTDA to do that to the band.

slave2thewage
02-04-2013, 06:54 PM
something about Europe in November/December
Oh god, time to start stocking up on queueing blankets.

jessamineny
02-04-2013, 07:31 PM
I think if/when this happens it will kick off with Lollapalooza, so an August/September U.S. tour I think might be the plan. I actually remember reading something about Europe in November/December. I don't remember where I read that from and it probably wasn't even a reliable source. I'm sure it was just a rumor anyone could have made up.

The longer we go without HTDA tour dates, the more I start to think Coachella is a one off (two off) show before they open for NIN a few months down the road.

I believe it was on the Coachella rumor boards (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?58808-2013-Lineup-Confirmation-Rumors-Thread&p=2583470&viewfull=1#post2583470), which also said NIN would be playing that festival.

I also don't think HTDA will open for NIN. I would think the last thing the band would want to do is align this project with NIN, making it seem officially like a side project. They also need to be courting a fanbase outside of the ready-built one that comes with NIN fans. Opening for NIN would do diddly for HTDA.

icklekitty
02-05-2013, 05:13 AM
HTDA opening for NIN is just NOT FEASIBLE. Trent would die from exhaustion.

Because he's old. lolll.

Oh god, time to start stocking up on queueing blankets.

That suggests fucking arenas. Otherwise, let's buy a tent this time. Or go to Luxembourg again.

dlb
02-05-2013, 05:24 AM
^^

Good old Trent will wheel his wheelchair up there and give it his best!

(asshole)

:D

Man, I wish Trent would lurk around these parts more often like he used to.

slave2thewage
02-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Because he's old. lolll.
Nah, more from him and Mariqueen doing an insane "Sonny and Cher" dance routine for 45 minutes. I mean, SPOILER ALERT.

Blackbookpress1984
02-05-2013, 06:46 PM
IMHO, HDTA will never open for HDTA, Not only will Trent not WANT to play that long, but its too different in terms of musical taste, Trent would allow it if he wanted to, there's no question he has the energy to do both. (if all rumors are true), hes been working on HDTA a NIN remeaster and the soundtracks for TSN and TGWTDT for the last few years, So ther energy is there, and let's face it, he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. If he wants NIN to tour again, it will happen, no question. If he doesn't, then it won't it really is THAT SIMPLE.

BRoswell
02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
IMHO, HDTA will never open for HDTA...

How do you open for yourself?

Wait. Don't answer that.

Blackbookpress1984
02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
damnit. I meant for NIN. I was drinking when i posted that. and i can open for myself when ever myself wants me to.

Fixer808
02-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, if Al Jourgensen can do it, anybody can. I saw Ministry open for RevCo one time.

fillow
02-08-2013, 02:17 AM
I believe it was RevCo who opened for Ministry (if you mean 2006 tour)

BenAkenobi
02-08-2013, 02:38 AM
at the show i attended in 07, Trent said "we will return". tick-tock, Trent, tick-tock.

dlb
02-08-2013, 04:07 AM
its too different in terms of musical taste

looking back at past opening bands I don't see a problem here. If Ladytron can open for NIN that basically any other electronic based outift can. There will always be boo-screamers and nay-sayer, but so far I've enjoyed pretty much every band he has toured with.

sick among the pure
02-08-2013, 09:25 PM
If Saul Williams can open in rural hick PA (I was embarrassed at how they responded to him) then HTDA isn't too different. But since Trent wants to keep HTDA and NIN as far apart as possible, I doubt he'd ever have them both playing any gig together.

Fixer808
02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I believe it was RevCo who opened for Ministry (if you mean 2006 tour)
I think you're right, but either way it was a double-show for Al!

Jinsai
02-08-2013, 10:28 PM
too much wishful thinking in this thread. I'm willing to put some money on the line. 5 to one odds says you're not going to see NIN live in 2013.

ItsJustDave
02-08-2013, 10:35 PM
too much wishful thinking in this thread. I'm willing to put some money on the line. 5 to one odds says you're not going to see NIN live in 2013.

Put me down for $20.

danebraddy
02-08-2013, 11:31 PM
How do you open for yourself?

Wait. Don't answer that.

Nick Cave also opened for Grinderman on their first tour (in Australia, at least).
Cave did his songs left the stage and returned with Grinderman.

Jinsai
02-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Put me down for $20.

ok. (ten characters)

Leviathant
02-08-2013, 11:50 PM

How much? I'd say that I would love to make this interesting, but I would feel really terrible taking all that money from you.

Wretchedest
02-09-2013, 01:20 AM
suddenly, this is the most interesting thread on the board, and somehow it's not because the band our the whole community is centered around is tourning for the first time in 4 years.

Fixer808
02-09-2013, 01:23 AM
It's because Vegas will probably soon be setting odds! Let the NIN gambling begin!

Ryan
02-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Imagine if these HTDA shows will secretly have an encore of a full-length NIN concert.

noneofthem
02-09-2013, 05:46 AM
like someone mentioned before, can't see him at age 63, put on an aggressive show night in and night out. would love to see the guy contribute to new NIN material but live, not so much.

Chuck Norris is 72 now. Just saying. ^^

Jinsai
02-09-2013, 07:20 AM
How much? I'd say that I would love to make this interesting, but I would feel really terrible taking all that money from you.

Well, since I don't want to bankrupt myself should I turn out to be wrong, should I put you down for twenty also?

Camille
02-09-2013, 07:59 AM
NIN playing live in 2013 would be a blessing and a curse for me. A blessing as in i'd get to see NIN on stage again, a curse as in i'd have to get a loan/max my credit card to see the fuckers (assuming they would play the UK). :eek: Happy days!

JamesCmuse
02-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Is it bad that I'm waiting for an announcement for a possible NY show to decide what dates I visit my mother in NY?

Leviathant
02-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, since I don't want to bankrupt myself should I turn out to be wrong, should I put you down for twenty also?

Sure - twenty it is! All proceeds will go into the ETS slush fund (from which a pair of videos is about to spring forth.)

botley
02-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Jinsai's about to lose $200

Amaro
02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: tour

I do not want this.

But that's just me.

joplinpicasso
02-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Why not? Just curious.

I'd flip to see NIN live again, but I would simply love seeing HTDA live. Simple.

Jinsai
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Jinsai's about to lose $200

it's very possible

DigitalChaos
02-09-2013, 11:16 AM
In for $50

Jinsai
02-09-2013, 11:22 AM
In for $50

nah, at this point I think it's fair to say that the deal is closed.

I can lose 200 bucks, and I don't mind so much because there's a plus side to that. I chat away too much on this site anyway, so it's ok that it's going to the mods. They probably deserve it after putting up with me for so long. Also, if I lose the bet, I get to see Nine Inch Nails live, and so that's a good thing too.

I can't really afford to lose more than that though.

That said, I still don't think it's going to happen.

sheepdean
02-09-2013, 11:37 AM
NIN are going to do a one-off show at 2300 on the 31st of December called the "u mad, jinsai?" tour.

DigitalChaos
02-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I wasn't going to take the money. I just wanted to see if we could escalate things :)

marodi
02-09-2013, 12:53 PM
I chat away too much on this site anyway, so it's ok that it's going to the mods. They probably deserve it after putting up with me for so long.

Such a hardship that was. ;)

NIN are going to do a one-off show at 2300 on the 31st of December called the "u mad, jinsai?" tour.

You: don't put ideas in T-Rez's head. He might just do it.

ItsJustDave
02-09-2013, 01:18 PM

I just hope they're mindful of time zones.

Ryan
02-12-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: tour

I do not want this.

But that's just me.

Even if it were to support the deluxe edition of The Fragile?

Amaro
02-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Even if it were to support the deluxe edition of The Fragile?

If that's the case, I'd break for that...

Why not? Just curious.

I'd flip to see NIN live again, but I would simply love seeing HTDA live. Simple.

Again with the money, but also I'm weird about NIN these days...kinda feel like I'd need a new album in order to get into a show again. Maybe a different show experience overall from rock and roll with the songs we know...I'd maybe consider.

HDTA live...I'd need to be won over by some footage, I don't like the music in studio form.

Reznor2112
02-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Pretty sure Trent is waiting to tour NIN with Limp Bizkit after their new album comes out as well...just sayin

ScreamingSlave
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Already socking $$$$$$$ away for the upcoming NIN tour I personally cannot wait and plan on hitting multiple shows. I'll defiantly check out HDTA once but that about it.

http://youtu.be/ly3ZD-64o9k

FernandoDante
02-12-2013, 10:01 PM
If they do tour, there's always the issue of "will they come to the continent where you live?" and "won't the concert be canceled?"

But I'll never NOT want to see them, I think.

UninTY
02-13-2013, 08:37 AM
Me thinks now is a pretty good time to start contributing to this board again. Hello all. I missed you. :) Also, I have to agree....I can't see HTDA opening for NIN. But I CAN see HTDA playing a NIN song or two just to tickle our feet a little.

AgentofChaos
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
This was posted on the nin forums today for what it's worth. 02/19/13 6:39 PMslykememberJoined: 02/19/13Posts: 1Hello all - I figured I would share a little info with everyone regarding a possible NIN tour. Nothing is set in stone, but I'll just say that a NIN fan presale ticketing demo site has recently been created (I have seen it for myself). It's fully functional and lists three 2013 tour dates for testing purposes. It even lists details such as - your name will be custom printed on the ticket, will be held at will call, and that you and your guest will be wrist-banded and escorted immediately into the venue (in the interest of keeping tickets in the hands of our fans). Also, a separate page for How To Destroy Angels has recently been created as well. Trust me, I was quite shocked by this. I was at the 2009 Bowery show and thought that was it. Then again, dozens of bands have called it quits, only to reunite down the road. Again, this is speculation on my part, with evidence showing that (I can only assume) someone from the band/mgmt is working with this popular ticket presale company for a possible tour. I will say this - These pages are created as demos, and I have yet to come across one that didn't eventually go live. But then again, the demo could have been ordered just in case, and ends there. We'll see.

die4valor
02-20-2013, 05:47 PM
yeah, this tour is definitely happening. a friend of mine is working with the promoter for a major US festival that happens in november. NIN will be the headliner.

sheepdean
02-20-2013, 05:50 PM
"I know a dude, right, who says..."
Seriously, it seems more and more likely it will happen, but if you're not going to cite something, why stir things?

jessamineny
02-20-2013, 05:52 PM
That would be Voodoo?

theimage13
02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
yeah, this tour is definitely happening. a friend of mine is working with the promoter for a major US festival that happens in november. NIN will be the headliner.

Speaking as someone who personally works in the touring industry, I've heard absolutely nothing in regard to NIN playing live anywhere in 2013. That doesn't mean it won't happen, I'm just sharing what I know (or rather, don't).

However, let's say your friend is right and NIN are already booked for a festival nine months away. One show does not equal a tour. Just something to keep in mind, folks.

Krazy
02-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Not saying the tour won't happen, but WTF "major" US festival has November dates? I think the answer is none.

jessamineny
02-20-2013, 09:28 PM
As I said above, Voodoo

Krazy
02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Ahhhh, always thought that was in October for some reason. Hope it's true, carry on.

trollmanen
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I think the announcement of HTDA dates gives it away. First, it says on their site "Right now, the dates above are the only dates. There are some other announcements coming soon that will impact this as well…". Then there was TR's tweet "More info on those shows tomorrow. Big news coming next week (for real this time)." I think it's safe to say there's a NIN tour in the works. More importantly, there must be a new album or other release (The Fragile deluxe edition maybe) to coincide with it. There wouldn't just be a NIN tour out of the blue like that.

gorny540
02-20-2013, 10:57 PM
Ahhhh, always thought that was in October for some reason. Hope it's true, carry on.

Voodoo is Nov 1-3 this year http://thevoodooexperience.com/

So yeah if this guy is telling the truth than this is real, its weird though Trent has built up HTDA for a while now and then next week he is going to announce a new NIN album/tour/something. I'm all for seeing NIN live again but I don't know, not holding my breath

jessamineny
02-21-2013, 06:30 AM
It's also possible that the announcement of a new NIN album/tour/something could bring even more attention to HTDA... bonus, spillage, etc. (Someone who would read right past a story about some band they've never heard of called How to Destroy Angels happens upon a story about a new NIN tour. Starts reading. Sees that Trent Reznor dude has a new band? With his wife? Clicks Soundcloud link. Success.)

SM Rollinger
02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
I doubt anything will get announced till the HTDA mini tour is over.

If i had a choice to see only NIN or HTDA, id put my money into NIN tickets no questions asked.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-21-2013, 04:05 PM
It's also possible that the announcement of a new NIN album/tour/something could bring even more attention to HTDA... bonus, spillage, etc. (Someone who would read right past a story about some band they've never heard of called How to Destroy Angels happens upon a story about a new NIN tour. Starts reading. Sees that Trent Reznor dude has a new band? With his wife? Clicks Soundcloud link. Success.)

Definitely. TR did say that there were a few other things coming down the pipeline that'll impact whether or not HTDA did more shows in the foreseeable future, so why couldn't a potential NIN tour be one of those things?

Collin
02-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Trent might just be using the mini HTDA tour as a like a "warm up" round for a big NIN tour, i mean it's been years since he last played live.

gorast
02-21-2013, 09:24 PM
I don't see Trent using HTDA as a warm up, because that solidifies it as a "fun side-project", and he seems to have been trying very hard to avoid that branding the past couple of years.

Or maybe I just don't actually want that to happen. HTDA should have the entire year to themselves without having to play side-show to NIN, which, by the way, would most likely not be touring on a single second of new music.

No, Tetsuo and the shitty U2 cover don't count.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-21-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't see Trent using HTDA as a warm up, because that solidifies it as a "fun side-project", and he seems to have been trying very hard to avoid that branding the past couple of years.

Or maybe I just don't actually want that to happen. HTDA should have the entire year to themselves without having to play side-show to NIN, which, by the way, would most likely not be touring on a single second of new music.

No, Tetsuo and the shitty U2 cover don't count.

I dunno about a "warm up." But one guy touring two bands would be good for exposure for both, if he does it right. Like APC and Puscifer. Hell, in my head, I associate those two with each other more than I associate NIN and HTDA anymore. As far as I'm concerned, HTDA is in good hands and is ready to get a leg up all on its own. Trent's definitely establishing it as "not Nine Inch Nails," and you can tell just from listening to the record.

If he's got the bug and he wants to tour HTDA and NIN in the same year, he'll do it in a way he's comfortable with, and if he feels like it's not working out the way he intended, he'll just close up shop for a while again and try something different.

But I'm with you. I think it would be really awesome to have HTDA take some spotlight a bit longer. They have some good momentum going, and I don't see them stopping until things start to slow down, then it'll likely be break time and back to the drawing board. Or mixing board. Whatever!

But man, seeing "Tetsuo" live would make my balls implode, THEN explode.

Stereo75
02-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I'm most likely wrong, but in some sense to me:

TR/HTDA/NIN + Adrian Belew + Bowie = A great fucking tour! :)

AgentofChaos
02-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Shit yea if TR does tour as NIN in the near future, Tetsuo NEEDS to be in that setlist. I think it would kill as an opener, especially given the layoff and the epic ending of the track. I also really hope if he does come back, he uses it as a transitional medium for fans of the live show, building to the eventual playing of score shows, or simply playing as Trent Reznor live, with him playing the occasional different arrangement of a nin song or one of their instrumentals alongside tracks from TSN or TGWTDT or whatever else he does in the future. Forget the hits, forget some of the forced aggression, just TR playing the best show musically possible. I would hate to turn this into a dream setlist thread, but something more along the lines of Tetsuo, instrumentals from Still, tracks like Another Version of the Truth, The Four of Us are Dying, Demon Seed with some Ruiners, The Day The World Went Aways, and Mr. Self Destructs thrown in along the way would be preferred for me than belting out THTF, Only, Survivalism, etc another couple hundred times. Point being, if you are going to bring it back, have it be in somewhat of a new direction with some new songs (be it never before played live or from a new record, or both); I think I would get a lot more excited about that than even if it were to be to a Fragile tour (although obviously that would be pretty mindblowing too).

simonn
02-22-2013, 12:11 PM
shitty U2 cover don't count.

I couldn't disagree more, thought it was inspired for how different it was from the original! Anyhoo, opinions eh...!?

simonn
02-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Shit yea if TR does tour as NIN in the near future, Tetsuo NEEDS to be in that setlist. I think it would kill as an opener, especially given the layoff and the epic ending of the track. I also really hope if he does come back, he uses it as a transitional medium for fans of the live show, building to the eventual playing of score shows, or simply playing as Trent Reznor live, with him playing the occasional different arrangement of a nin song or one of their instrumentals alongside tracks from TSN or TGWTDT or whatever else he does in the future. Forget the hits, forget some of the forced aggression, just TR playing the best show musically possible. I would hate to turn this into a dream setlist thread, but something more along the lines of Tetsuo, instrumentals from Still, tracks like Another Version of the Truth, The Four of Us are Dying, Demon Seed with some Ruiners, The Day The World Went Aways, and Mr. Self Destructs thrown in along the way would be preferred for me than belting out THTF, Only, Survivalism, etc another couple hundred times. Point being, if you are going to bring it back, have it be in somewhat of a new direction with some new songs (be it never before played live or from a new record, or both); I think I would get a lot more excited about that than even if it were to be to a Fragile tour (although obviously that would be pretty mindblowing too).

Couldn't agree more (not about Tetsuo so much), but yes, if he does tour NIN again, it needs to be markedly different from the past, so it doesn't just feel like a cash-in job. Whole Fragile LP is still my guess, assuming the deluxe is on the way, and I'd love that.

johnbron
02-22-2013, 12:56 PM
Fragility 3.0. I'm down with this.

sheepdean
02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Bowie has a new album, what about Dissonance 2.0?

johnbron
02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Oh damn that would blow my mind. :D

eversonpoe
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Bowie has a new album, what about Dissonance 2.0?

it's too bad Bowie has said he's done with touring.

Reznor2112
02-24-2013, 11:46 AM
it's too bad Bowie has said he's done with touring.

No offense, but if we are gunna go off what artists say about "being done touring" then why does this thread even exist?

theimage13
02-24-2013, 12:31 PM
No offense, but if we are gunna go off what artists say about "being done touring" then why does this thread even exist?

I realize he's said in the past that he was done touring, but hasn't he made statements post-2009 that NIN would play live again someday? Either way, I still kind of wish a mod would change to title to include "rumors" or "pointless speculation" in giant letters so I'd stop getting that little glimmer of hope every time I see it.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Fragility 3.0. I'm down with this.

Good things come in threes, Trent. If you make it happen, they will come. And probably cum a little bit, too. Or a lot.

staleincense
02-24-2013, 03:19 PM
I realize he's said in the past that he was done touring, but hasn't he made statements post-2009 that NIN would play live again someday? Either way, I still kind of wish a mod would change to title to include "rumors" or "pointless speculation" in giant letters so I'd stop getting that little glimmer of hope every time I see it.
He never said that they'd never play live again, just that they were going on hiatus. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he has said he may play live in the future.

voidnz
02-24-2013, 07:02 PM
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3231/bd6a2ozcuaakfxzjpglarge.jpg

Real?

GibbonBlack
02-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Well, Skrillex is spelled wrong

butter_hole
02-25-2013, 01:42 AM
if a 2013 tour IS in the cards (i guess that much is confirmed) would he really do festivals?

fillow
02-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Spring 2007 tour was the only recent tour w/o a single festival date. I'd say yes, he would, but not many.

danebraddy
02-25-2013, 03:42 AM
if a 2013 tour IS in the cards (i guess that much is confirmed) would he really do festivals?

Just speculating, because he certainly wouldn't need to but I hear the festivals pay really well so the funds could be used to pay for a 'bigger show', and if they planned to be in a city at the same time as a festival, it's a little more income and they get to play to a bigger audience.
Also, NIN isn't done with music yet, so showcasing themselves to an audience for exposure also would help future record sales.

BenAkenobi
02-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Who was supposed to direct a nin show in the past? Spielberg or Cameron? Maybe this time one of those guys is less busy, i dunno.

butter_hole
02-25-2013, 05:01 AM
it was camerons people, not cameron himself IIRC

theimage13
02-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Maybe? Original text from the website:

I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron’s team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc.

ManOfAtom
02-25-2013, 09:05 AM
http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/

NOTE FROM TRENT:Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
TR

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 09:10 AM
Wow, reading the news made my heart almost burst out of my chest in the best way possible. This is so amazing. I can't wait.

Almost at a loss of words again for the first time in awhile.

october_midnight
02-25-2013, 09:12 AM
I just came lightning.

spahn
02-25-2013, 09:16 AM
and the Internet has now blown up! HOLY MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!!!

october_midnight
02-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Speaking of blowing up....ETS better brace itself.

katara
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Holy fuck.

dlb
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh god yes! Trent you sneaky bastard! My heart literaly skipped when I opened up Facebook and Trent's post was on top. Can't wait for this and especially how they they re-thought the image of NIN.

I am so hoping to catch them in 2014! :)

reseen_lamenti
02-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 09:24 AM
Six people in the band?
Fragile re-release possible this year.

Can't play the Fragile with just four people.

Holy mother of god, Fragility 3.0??

spahn
02-25-2013, 09:25 AM
i need to post again. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

xfocalinx
02-25-2013, 09:26 AM
This gives me a reason to live

baudolino
02-25-2013, 09:27 AM
Josh Eustis on the synths makes my day! fuck yes!

edit: or on the guitar? since alessandro is also on board. whateva. awesome.

Pablo66
02-25-2013, 09:28 AM
http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-trent-reznor-announces-the-return-of-nine-inch-nails-extensive-touring-for-2013-and-2014/

jhulud
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
I am currently doing the "OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm about to pee myself!" dance.

joplinpicasso
02-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Yusssssssssss.

jessamineny
02-25-2013, 09:36 AM
Doesn't Eustis play all sorts of things?

Also, must find moneys. sigh.

Lastly, I had a dream last night that The Fragile: Live was staged with ballerinas. THERE'S STILL TIME, REZNOR.

kenthebear
02-25-2013, 09:38 AM
I was happy with the way NIN ended. I thought to myself, 'I actually hope they don't reunite (as much as one man can with himself (and not the way internet nerds do nightly lol!!)), I don't know if I really want to hear Trent screaming head like a hole again. Just let it rest, there's not much more can be done with it.' I decided I probably wouldn't buy tickets, and just idly observe whatever happened.

ANYWAY: The best of us can be wrong, and I'm hype as fuck right now.

hippygeek
02-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Think they'll offer a payment plan/10 year refinance to follow this tour around? Shit, I just got into the black from the last one. Be good to see everyone again. Maybe a Philly Meetup Mk 2 :D

Henrie_Schnee
02-25-2013, 09:41 AM
I totally agree with whatever has been said on the last 5 pages of this thread.

NotoriousTIMP
02-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Where is Jinsai and her $200?

dominik
02-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!

Leviathant
02-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Looks like the Twitter icon for the official profile updated just now.
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3306882991/17ea8b2a795798d831878ec3eaed6367.jpeg

sheepdean
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Yeah but it just won't be TRUE nin without Jeff Ward
/hipsterpost

shagg_187
02-25-2013, 09:46 AM
So we have:

Eric Avery: Bassist for Jane's Addiction.
Adrian Belew: Lead Guitar.
Alessandro Cortini: Past Keyboardist.
Josh Eustis: Surviving member of Telefon Tel Aviv. Keyboardist?
Ilan Rubin: Past Drummer.

This is by far the most talented live lineup ever. Two keyboardists will make this a mind-blowing experience. Good god, I hope there is new music with the following lineup.

NotoriousTIMP
02-25-2013, 09:47 AM
So no Robin or Danny huh? That's a shame...

kdrcraig
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Holy shitballs! I really didn't think this would happen. Good thing I have an entire credit card's worth of debt just raring to go.

halo33
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Together Again - The Muppets Take Manhattan (http://youtu.be/FpRap-zHZHY)

sick among the pure
02-25-2013, 09:50 AM
I was pissed that since I moved to Philly, no band I wanted to see live was touring. I could just take public transit to a show, yay, but nobody came around.
I'm so excited to make new line friends (since I've only gone to shows in the area between Toronto and Pittsburgh) and holy shit what a great university graduation present!

Amaro
02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
I'll go to a show or two...with no more line dedication.

Edit: Errr humm maybe one more time in the early line spot.

RJK
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
So we have:

Eric Avery: Bassist for Jane's Addiction.
Adrian Belew: Lead Guitar.
Alessandro Cortini: Past Keyboardist.
Ilan Rubin: Past Drummer.

This is by far the most talented live lineup ever. Two keyboardists will make this a mind-blowing experience. Good god, I hope there is new music with the following lineup.

Josh plays quite a bit of guitar in Puscifer.

kitz
I hope it involves Europe too.

and YESSSSSSSS!!!! Tour!!! Tour!! Tour!!
whoohooooooooo!!!!

spahn
Looks like the Twitter icon for the official profile updated just now.
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3306882991/17ea8b2a795798d831878ec3eaed6367.jpeg

that image gets me so damn excited.

Leviathant
02-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Also a talented guitarist! I've seen TTA a couple of times. That said, he seems to mostly play keyboards when he's touring with Puscifer.

redshoewearer
02-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Good thing I have an entire credit card's worth of debt just raring to go.

Same here - I've been living very frugally. Now to plan my fall life so I can go. This is thrilling.

BenAkenobi
02-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Let's hear it for the nine inch nails! Woo, they're good!

gorny540
02-25-2013, 10:02 AM
I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN. Don't get me wrong though I'll take this over no NIN any day though

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 10:02 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/s480x480/734621_10151503730931221_103178543_n.jpg

Am I looking too much into it or does that "2013" font look oddly familiar to a type used in Fragility promos?

kdrcraig
02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN. Don't get me wrong though I'll take this over no NIN any day though

Hell no. Those shows were awesome but I will never feel cheated by more NIN shows.

sheepdean
02-25-2013, 10:05 AM
He never said it was the final tour, sheesh

echoespaul
Goose bumps and hairs standing on end, especially the world tour 2014 bit.

staleincense
I'm really curious to see what Trent means when he says that NIN has been "reinvented".

xfocalinx
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/s480x480/734621_10151503730931221_103178543_n.jpg

Am I looking too much into it or does that "2013" font look oddly familiar to a type used in Fragility promos?

I think it resembles PHM, if you ask me

Camille
Splendid news about the tour. At least I will have the rest of 2013 to save enough money to see them (hopefully) in the UK in 2014.

screwdriver

I get what you're saying, but...
he's touring with a 60+ year old (living legend!) guitarist, two very talented synth programmers, and a young, mega-talented drummer/multi-instrumentalist. something tells me this isn't going to resemble old NIN at all. We saw the last of old NIN. Long live the New Flesh.

EDIT: and oh yeah, one of the most influential bassists of the last 30 years. (its telling that something THAT big could still be an oversight for me!)

DVYDRNS
02-25-2013, 10:07 AM
those guys are hacks compared to this lineup... srsly.

redshoewearer
02-25-2013, 10:08 AM
I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN. Never - it still felt like the end of an era. I think we all knew deep down that he would get cabin fever eventually and get back out one day. Who knows how he will 1) revamp known songs, 2)revamp the visuals, and 3)maybe have an album or two's material that he'll release and perform.

kitz
02-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Now the fangirls get their Alessandro too :P

gorny540
02-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes the excellent lineup is the driving factor behind this, just the fact that it is 6 people on stage is going to be pretty different, should be interesting, thank god Trent freed Ilan from the terrible acts he's been playing with, he's an excellent musician, but seriously a Blink 182 spin off and Paramore?

Deepvoid
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I agree that the option of having 2 keyboardists is very interesting. I have my reserves on Belew's stage presence but I will definitely give him a chance. His talent is undeniable.

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 10:11 AM
I'm really curious to see what Trent means when he says that NIN has been "reinvented".

I get what you're saying, but...
he's touring with a 60+ year old (living legend!) guitarist, two very talented synth programmers, and a young, mega-talented drummer/multi-instrumentalist. something tells me this isn't going to resemble old NIN at all. We saw the last of old NIN. Long live the New Flesh.

EDIT: and oh yeah, one of the most influential bassists of the last 30 years. (its telling that something THAT big could still be an oversight for me!)

Yeah, I don't want to go on a limb and say it's going to be a more subdued version of NIN live but a new flesh indeed.

This is such a good day y'all.

sheepdean
02-25-2013, 10:13 AM
With Adrian Belew and Ally, maybe Europe will finally get some Ghosts.

halo33
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Can we please get Meathead to make a shitty flash cartoon for this now? Then it will really feel like a real announcement.

WorzelG
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
This is really fucking exciting news! And i'm so glad he specifically said worldwide in 2014 and I won't have to try and persuade my family to holiday in New York (well there's so much for kids to do there! no ulterior motive honest)

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Can we please get Meathead to make a shitty flash cartoon for this now? Then it will really feel like a real announcement.

I completely second this! I was watching a lot of the old Meathead cartoons last fall and it got me really nostalgic.

If the Meathead Perspective came back, that would be incredible. Haha.

Emil Dorbell
02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
OH GOD YES. Now I have to start saving up for a fall trip to the states for me and the mrs. Probably aiming for the east coast - shorter distance. But... anyway. FUCKING GOD YES!!!!!11

~Eris~
02-25-2013, 10:23 AM
*sigh* There goes the deposit on the nice apartment... ;-)

[Shep]
02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
YES!
So the usual rules apply right, US Tour then World Tour :p
Gives me chance to save up for the UK leg.

icklekitty
02-25-2013, 10:26 AM
*sigh* There goes the deposit on the nice apartment... ;-)

Yep, there goes my summer holiday fund!

So, who wants a meet-up?

jessamineny
02-25-2013, 10:32 AM

No, I understand what you mean. It's a bit bait and switch. But he's clearly indicating, from his words and from the line-up, that it's going to be something special that brings the band back. And I'm AOK with that.

"We're not going to tour anymore as Nine Inch Nails." -- Trent Reznor at The Wiltern

echoespaul
02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
So, who wants a meet-up?

They have to pop into the O2 Arena again surely. I'd like to think he had a good time the last time he was there.

profane
02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
This is wonderful! Bring on 2014!

Dra508
02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Speaking of blowing up....ETS better brace itself.They are coming!!!!!

Yeah, seeing it written that it's been 4 years sort of made me actually want to go to another gig. Great live show, probably always.

UninTY
02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I am losing my mind. I might have to take a half-day from work!!! (on second thought, I'm gonna need the money!)

sheepdean
02-25-2013, 10:38 AM
"We're not going to tour anymore as Nine Inch Nails." -- Trent Reznor at The WilternAnd they won't. You'll notice the lineup is very different!

sentient02970
02-25-2013, 10:39 AM
Usually I've gone up to Montreal for the shows but haven't got "ze necessary papers" for border crossing yet. So either I get off my ass and do that now or stick to Boston as I did once before (where I actually met the band!).

Highly Psychological
02-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Does that mean NIN are acctualy playing the fuji rock festival he said first dates in the summer. prehaps some sproradic international dates before u.s tour.

BrokenSpiral
02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Illan is ok since Josh would be a pipe dream. Not thrilled with Belew in the live line up. The rest is great. Can't wait to see what he's got up his sleeve.

Camille
02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
They have to pop into the O2 Arena again surely. I'd like to think he had a good time the last time he was there.

I'm hoping so. I often travel to London for gigs but I would be quite happy to travel anywhere in the UK to see them. Scotland would be great.

RJK
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
My guess would be US club tour, Then a US arena tour followed by international dates.

REPLICA
02-25-2013, 10:45 AM

I didn't mean to facepalm this… I blame my internet connection.

fortheloveofgod
http://ninshirts.com/media/cache/products/phmcolor.bk.b_thumbnail.png
1990 - 2013

sick among the pure
My guess would be US club tour, Then a US arena tour followed by international dates.

I am all for not being outside in the heat at an amphitheater in the middle of the summer to see NIN. I remember the entire top of my chest peeling off from sunburn because of those shows...
I mean, worth it, but still would much prefer to not be outside in the summer...

redshoewearer
I am losing my mind. I might have to take a half-day from work!!! (on second thought, I'm gonna need the money!)

I know - I'm supposed to be working on complex analysis proofs and what am I doing? Hanging out at ETS - but the anticipation and tour discussion is all part of the enjoyment. I can't help but think he will have some new material for the tour.

tudek
02-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Goosebumps. Wow. What a line-up....

I hope scandinavia is covered in 2014!

virushopper
02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Well there goes my money.

GibbonBlack
apologies to all the people I condemned for jumping the gun on that one....My bad :eek:

~Eris~

So, who wants a meet-up?

Yes, the Queen of Meet needs to don her crown again.

seasonsinthesky
02-25-2013, 10:51 AM
i was gonna say something about playing "Where is Everybody?" for the first time since Belew will be around, but without Clouser there to perfect the backing vocals, why bother? ;)

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Is anyone else listening to NIN now because of all the excitement? Even listening to The Fragile right now, I got goosebumps even hearing Starfuckers, Inc. again for the first time in a couple years. It's amazing how in all my years of listening to and obsessing over music and the different acts I've discovered, seen live, forgotten about over time...I still love Nine Inch Nails more than a lot of other bands. It's crazy to think I joined EtS in 2004 and it's almost been ten years of me writing about them here with you guys. Good times!

I also keep thinking about Trent's use of the word "reinventing".
I don't want to go so far as to say it's going to be a more subdued version of the live band this year but I think the possibility of seeing them play material like March of the Pigs might be out the window...of course, this is just a thought.

I didn't mean to facepalm this… I blame my internet connection.

No worries!

sheepdean
02-25-2013, 10:52 AM
http://nin.com/tourdates.html

gorast
02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
As much as I spewed out shit about now wanting NIN to tour this year, HTDA should have a whole year, etc., I'm really fucking excited for this. Seeing "Nine Inch Nails are touring this year" significantly softened the blow of not getting HTDA in the Southeast.

As long as NIN comes down here instead, anyway.

JamesCmuse
02-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Screaming like a little girl, I can't quite get over how brilliant this is.

Ripe(withdecay)
02-25-2013, 10:57 AM
This is the greatest news ever! I can imagine them playing almost every song with this fucking awesome lineup. Definitely going to see them!

jessamineny
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
http://ninshirts.com/media/cache/products/phmcolor.bk.b_thumbnail.png
1990 - 2013

It's not the same typeface. Look at the Ones.

ronhonda
02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
I shat myself when I read this.

Conan The Barbarian
02-25-2013, 10:59 AM
*rocks back and forth* Please don't fuck over Florida. Please don't fuck over Florida. Please don't fuck over Florida.

hippygeek
02-25-2013, 11:02 AM
I got goosebumps even hearing Starfuckers, Inc.
You, sir, are a very sick mam :P

fortheloveofgod
02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
How to Destroy What?? Can't wait for this tour. Wife is going to hate me!

hippygeek
02-25-2013, 11:05 AM
It's like the 6" Subway - Wave Goodbye (tm)

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 11:08 AM
You, sir, are a very sick mam :P

That's my point! Super excited! :D

sweeterthan
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM

You have admit tho, Trent can be one cryptic mother fucker.

BrokenSpiral
02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Think we'll get an EP or something before they tour?

icklekitty
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM

No they fucking don't. Brixton Academy - your most often played venue in the world - please.

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Well, looks like it's time to get a third job!

SO goddamn stoked for this lineup.

matt925
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm going to try to make every show in California. Such great news to wake up to. Super excited!!!

Canuckle
02-25-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm secretly and selfishly hoping this deters some of the ticket rush for HTDA so that it's easier to grab presale tics.

Also... Woooo! I'm pumped to hear more details about the 'reinvention'. I have a strange feeling this will not be your typical NIN show.

ItsJustDave
02-25-2013, 11:26 AM
OMFGY!

Also, I didn't think Jinsai would be eating his words so soon.

Trains
02-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Consider my pants thoroughly soiled.

blackholesun
02-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Excellent news. That's one hell of a lineup. Looking forward to hearing what this all sounds like.

Callahan
02-25-2013, 11:34 AM

So, who wants a meet-up?

I would be down for meeting up in some locations! I don't think many of the people I went with before would be interested this time around, So I'd love to finally meet up with some of the ETS crew.

wolfpuppet
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I wonder what the first meeting between all these new members must be like. I keep imagining this Expendables-type scene where they all ride into a seemingly abandoned warehouse. Then a light goes on and TR addresses them all while sitting on a crate full of old NIN tour equipment.

Tony
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Trent Reznor owes me a new chair and pair of pants

eversonpoe
02-25-2013, 11:40 AM
why does everyone have such an issue with adrian belew? he's an incredibly talented musician, he's shared the stage with the likes of bowie & zappa, not to mention being the "front-man" for king crimson, and he's not THAT old. the last time i saw crimson (in 2009, i think?) he had great stage presence and was having a lot of fun up there.

also, SO excited that josh eustis is in the lineup. oh man...

screwdriver
02-25-2013, 11:41 AM
I would be down for meeting up in some locations! I don't think many of the people I went with before would be interested this time around, So I'd love to finally meet up with some of the ETS crew.

I would love to meet up with some of you all, also. My old NIN-crew has scattered across the country.

Bloomy1992
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
*rocks back and forth* Please don't fuck over Florida. Please don't fuck over Florida. Please don't fuck over Florida.

i second that. we get fucked over way too often when it comes to tour visits.

profane
02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I'm on a emotional rollercoaster right now. I haven't listened to NIN for quite a while. Now The Fragile is playing and I don't know what to do with myself.

ItsJustDave
02-25-2013, 11:45 AM
i second that. we get fucked over way too often when it comes to tour visits.

Living in western new york, I've found concerts to be a great excuse for travel.

ScreamingSlave
02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
I cannot wait already planning for multiple dates I am sure this lineup will be interesting to say the least :)

Time to break out the taping gear !!!!!! :D

Bloomy1992
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Living in western new york, I've found concerts to be a great excuse for travel.

Unfortunately living in Boca Raton makes traveling to concerts in spots like Atlanta quite the expense

Bloomy1992
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
But for Nine Inch Nails i would travel very far

hellospaceboy
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
and today is my fucking birthday! Great gift from the music gods!

leo3375
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
I told my husband about this and he's pretty stoked about it. The furthest we're willing to travel is Chicago, due to time and money limits.

Sutekh
02-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Brixton plz

Also who's got a problem with Belew? Fucking fail out your arse if you'd rather a member of icarus line than king crimson

I'm on a emotional rollercoaster right now. I haven't listened to NIN for quite a while. Now The Fragile is playing and I don't know what to do with myself.

You know exactly what to do...

...we're all fans here

shagg_187
02-25-2013, 11:53 AM
OMG!!!!!

http://nin.com/tourdates.html

HAHAHAHHAHA!

profane
02-25-2013, 12:06 PM
You know exactly what to do...

...we're all fans here

Sure, but you might have misread it. Maybe you took it as somewhat negative, and by all means it's nothing but glorious positivity.

Volk
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
So if he has "reimagined what NIN can be", should we expect to see him focus on his later works. I would imagine Trent is 'tired' of playing the older guitar heavy songs, and will be leaning towards the HTDA sounding songs? I'd be ok with whatever, it would just be a different experience to see a NIN live show without Trent breaking things during Head Like a Hole, and a sweaty mosh pit.

hologram parade
02-25-2013, 12:09 PM
my favorite part about this news is that cortini is coming back. extremely underrated and talented, worked well in the live setting and his work on ghosts is some of my fav in the nin catalog

synthy buchla goodness coming to a city near you (hopefully)

somewhat_
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Lollapalooza (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549870/nine-inch-nails-returns-band-announces-2013-14-tour)

brokenfragility
02-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Wow, I can't believe this is happening. Just yesterday I almost made a post here taking up the bets that Jinsai couldn't, I thought there was no way NIN would be touring in 2013. Wow he sure isn't sticking with HTDA very long......its like "okay guys lets make an album, okay, now that's done NEW NIN". I've been a member of this board since the day it came online in november 2002. I love you guys. Also Adrian Belew is my all time favorite guitarist, so FUCK YEAH!

thefragile_jake
02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
So if he has "reimagined what NIN can be", should we expect to see him focus on his later works. I would imagine Trent is 'tired' of playing the older guitar heavy songs, and will be leaning towards the HTDA sounding songs? I'd be ok with whatever, it would just be a different experience to see a NIN live show without Trent breaking things during Head Like a Hole, and a sweaty mosh pit.

I'm personally okay with this notion. I love all of Trent's NIN material equally but I've realized a lot of the songs that I had always crossed my fingers to find it's way into the setlists when I saw NIN in 2005, 2008 and 2009 respectively were the material that wasn't so close to tracks like Head Like a Hole or March of the Pigs. I would be fine if those songs don't make it on these run of the tours, I've seen those live a fair amount of time. I actually kind of felt a little bummed at the setlist for the Kansas City Wave Goodbye tour actually. It was cool to hear Physical, Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now), The Becoming and Way Out Is Through but the rest of that set still featured MOTP, Head Like a Hole and even the Wretched yet again.

I noticed I'm rambling. Sorry y'all. Still pretty excited.

Lollapalooza (http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1549870/nine-inch-nails-returns-band-announces-2013-14-tour)

If this really is true, I'm fucking there.

eversonpoe
02-25-2013, 12:19 PM

that better not be the only chicago date. i hate big festivals, honestly.

Sutekh
02-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Sure, but you might have misread it. Maybe you took it as somewhat negative, and by all means it's nothing but glorious positivity.

lol no mate, I was just making a bad joke ;)

gorast
02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I think it'd be cool to see a setlist sort of like http://www.ninwiki.com/2009/08/02_Knebworth,_England , extended to fit a full show, of course. Like others have said, I think Trent's going to avoid the usual tracks for this tour; this lineup looks like it could paint some pretty damn nice soundscapes. Can't wait.

profane
02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
lol no mate, I was just making a bad joke ;)

Aha! Ok then :p

Deadpool
02-25-2013, 12:28 PM
The inclusion of Eustis and Cortini is a pleasant surprise. Alessandro seemed especially burned out by the end of Lights in the Sky, which is completely understandable, so I'm particularly excited to see him back in the fold. I get the feeling that he's much more at home and happy in the studio than playing live, so this must be pretty special line-up for him to return.

6 people in the band? Awesome. Will this be the largest live band in NIN history by the way?

The confirmation of Belew is pretty insane. The idea of him re-creating some of his NIN studio contributions in the live setting is a delicious thought. The guitar solo in "31 Ghosts"? My god. Please put that in the setlist.

Also, I understand the concern of Trent belting out "Head Like a Hole" at the end of each set every night, but the "reinventing itself from scratch" quote appears to be more than just a soundbite. It seems like that's the principle which led to a tour being booked in the first place. I could see these upcoming shows surprising us all in a way we're not expecting: maybe this tour will be less a sweat-fueled rock show and more of a precise & impeccably performed concert.

No matter what it turns out to be I know it will blow me away. The last time I saw NIN live, I was too "Been-There, Done-That" which I regret - I'm ready to dive back in with a fresh perspective. Though I didn't see NIN live until 2005, I feel pretty blessed to have witnessed their evolution firsthand since then. Looking forward to this new chapter!

Kid Charlemagne
02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY7kXn-VssM

Dear God, let them play this on tour!

skullboy0
02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
that better not be the only chicago date. i hate big festivals, honestly.

For Lights in the Sky Lollapalooza was the only Chicago gig, if I would've known they weren't going to come back through & play that show indoors I would've gone to another show on the tour so I could've seen it under more "controlled" conditions instead of outside in a huge field.

DigitalChaos
02-25-2013, 12:45 PM
So what do we think about this "reinventing" stuff? Is that a reference to NIN's stage presence, drastically different studio material, both, ???

andre78
02-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Awesome news, simply awesome. Can't wait to see what Trent's up to. The setlist. The gear. The visuals. The energy.

I specially loved the "...dates worldwide to follow..." bit. NIN's in debt with Brazil since 2008, when the band cancelled their concerts in here some weeks before the dates.

Canuckle
02-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure why you guys are so excited? NIN hasn't had the same pop since the Fragility tour.

Studies have shown that 99% of you agree.

/sarcasm

bowler_hat
02-25-2013, 01:05 PM
HTDA just hasn't done it for me and in many ways I've been taking the same hiatus from NIN as Trent. This news has got me totally excited. Announce the dates and I'll book my flights! I don't think for a second I'll be able to wait for them to come to the UK. Cannot wait!

miss k bee
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Yess baby!!! Time to get sweaty again!

Reaps
02-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm a bit late to this, Is this tour supporting a greatest hits release or new material?

gorast
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm a bit late to this, Is this tour supporting a greatest hits release or new material?
Probably not. No mention of any new releases. Not yet, at least.

bowler_hat
02-25-2013, 01:19 PM
So what do we think about this "reinventing" stuff? Is that a reference to NIN's stage presence, drastically different studio material, both, ???

I guess it's going to be both. I think the stage presence will certainly be different - 6 multi-instrumentalist musicians. If anything I think Trent will look more at visuals rather than stage presence, very much the way Lights in the Sky was heading. Different studio material? Quite possibly - just look at who he's got with him. I think he'll look at performing stuff we've never heard live before.

witte
02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
From Adrian's blog:

surprise # 2
today it is being announced at last.
something I've been wanted to tell you for a month now:
I've been asked to be the guitarist for nine inch nails!
we are going on an extensive world tour,
reaching places even I have never been!

I'll be moving (temporarily) to LA in may
for 3 months of rehearsals after which the tour begins.
that's about as much as I know for sure for now.

daniel rowland will be assisting me on the tour
which should allow us some time to continue
our third year of making my new solo project.

here is what trent reznor released today:
Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.

I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.

The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Joshua Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.

Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
TR

I hope to see you there.
keep checking for updates on the entire process.

love,
adrian
58 (https://www.facebook.com/shares/view?id=10150279038179995)