PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

arsenic
03-21-2013, 04:15 AM
http://www.rockenseine.com/artist/nine-inch-nails/

lol this website is also saying that Reznor wrote the OST for The place beyond the pines.

pukkelpop
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM
strange:
23th August: UK
24th: France
25th: UK

edit: but possible ofcourse

arsenic
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
strange:

yeah that's really weird. At this point I'm hoping they will play at Zurich Openair festival on the 26th.

edit: oh, wait. Zurich openair is from the 29th to the 1st of September.

sheepdean
03-21-2013, 04:49 AM
strange:

I wonder if they'll get Eurostar

Emil Dorbell
03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
There's not many major festivals left to tick off tbh, we already know that they're not doing any more in the UK, and they won't be doing the earlier in summer ones as those are all mainly announced.

There's a perfect slot open for Way Out West in Gothenburg. Oh man. Please let it be so.

pukkelpop
03-21-2013, 07:50 AM
There's a perfect slot open for Way Out West in Gothenburg. Oh man. Please let it be so.
probably sziget, way out west and oya before pukkelpop, yes. there arent many other big festivals left that time

witte
03-21-2013, 10:43 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/733982_10200947776920783_1165696460_n.jpg

no official confirmation from what I know.

Update: confirmed. http://www.rockenseine.com/artist/nine-inch-nails/

strange:

I wonder if they'll get Eurostar

I wait for the confirmation on the tour.nin.com website.
If confirmed, I'm in!

:)

pukkelpop
03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
If confirmed, I'm in!

me too. would be 2 (pukkelpop and rock en seine) at this point.

sheepdean
03-21-2013, 10:55 AM
If confirmed, I'm in!

:)I think the Rock en Seine website should be official confirmation enough? http://www.rockenseine.com/#

(Also: Franz Ferdinand, Lianne la Havas, SOAD, Kendrick Lamar AND NIN? If I went to festivals, this would be very tempting...)

pukkelpop
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
I think the Rock en Seine website should be official confirmation enough? http://www.rockenseine.com/#

(Also: Franz Ferdinand, Lianne la Havas, SOAD, Kendrick Lamar AND NIN? If I went to festivals, this would be very tempting...)
these are at different days. if you look at the day schedule at pukkelpop: i think that is even better, with deftones and slayer :)

icklekitty
03-21-2013, 12:01 PM
If confirmed, I'm in!

Now THIS would be a good group meet-up. Weekend in Paris with short train ride to a NIN gig? S-V-P!

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Preparing my baguettes and onions as we speak :P.

But seriously, let's go.

Sutekh
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
Hmm... does anyone know how long is the NIN set likely to be?

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Hmm... does anyone know how long is the NIN set likely to be?
I'd say an hour or so. Maybe ten minutes more or ten minutes less. I just need a NIN fix and it's an excuse to visit Paris.

sheepdean
03-21-2013, 03:34 PM
THIS long *gestures to crotch*.

Probably 40-60 minutes considering placement on the page, but until we get stage times won't be sure.

witte
03-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Look at the timetable 2012. The position on the bill says nothing right now. There are 4 stages. E.g. Placebo played 90 minutes. Black Keys 75 minutes and Green Day 120 minutes. A lot of possibilities for NIN I think.
Not so fast with early conclusions....

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I just noticed the four stages thing, so I think NIN will headline the second one (I think that Phoenix are MASSIVE in France).

BTW, I caved and bought a day ticket for the Saturday.

kitz
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
probably sziget, way out west and oya before pukkelpop, yes. there arent many other big festivals left that time
I got a tiiiiny bit excited. Øya then Sziget. That would be the ultimate journey. Then I realised ... stupid Norway being superexpensive. Not fair. :P

slave2thewage
03-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Did some research on getting pro-audio/pro-shot from the existing dates based on their output from the festivals last year:

Fuji Rock: Apparently broadcast on InterFM in Japan last year, seemingly it's also recorded for TV there. Apparently, there was meant to be an online stream but it never happened.
Ansan: Previously Jisan Valley Rock Festival, looks like we won't get anything.
Pukkelpop: Video streaming, I think on YouTube?
Leeds: Probably not. Most of the media comes from...
Reading: Definitely will be broadcast by the BBC in some manner.

Oh, and...
Rock en Seine: Apparently streamed by Arte.tv

sheepdean
03-22-2013, 02:51 AM
Reading is streamed in HD, so we're good there

dlb
03-22-2013, 04:43 AM
Seeing that Rock'n'Heim is a Marek Lieberberg production we are very likely to get a stream online and a broadcast on (maybe even two) German television networks (WDR or ZDF). Though they probably won't show the whole show but a best of consisting of maybe 4 songs. Or whatever Trent allows them to broadcast.

pukkelpop
03-22-2013, 05:30 AM
at Pukkelpop there is a live stream by Skynet.be ; don't know if it's viewable to other countries thou. also some television centres like Acht (8), Canvas and TMF will do some live broadcoasting. But only fragments thou.

In 2007 this was the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWPUY5xD2tY (broadcasted the day after, not live)

Scarlet Siren
03-22-2013, 06:57 AM
strange:

I'm so tempted to go to Rock en Seine and Pukkelpop in addition to Leeds and Reading....

Sutekh
03-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Did some research on getting pro-audio/pro-shot from the existing dates based on their output from the festivals last year:

Fuji Rock: Apparently broadcast on InterFM in Japan last year, seemingly it's also recorded for TV there. Apparently, there was meant to be an online stream but it never happened.
Ansan: Previously Jisan Valley Rock Festival, looks like we won't get anything.
Pukkelpop: Video streaming, I think on YouTube?
Leeds: Probably not. Most of the media comes from...
Reading: Definitely will be broadcast by the BBC in some manner.

Oh, and...
Rock en Seine: Apparently streamed by Arte.tv

If it's all the same as last year, then the big gigs will be on constant rotation on the red button data channels (freeview 301/302 I think) for a couple of days, so you get multiple chances should anything go wrong.

Think I probably will do Paris tbh... I'd rather pay 49 Euro for Paris than 90 quid for Reading (haha!)

MAD
03-22-2013, 08:42 AM
If they come to Central-Eastern Europe, I'm gonna do my best and tape it in HD.

ensanchecedor
03-22-2013, 11:00 AM
I can't wait for the nin official website to announce the rock en seine date. I have already bought my saturday ticket and I'd feel less troubled if i could see the date oficially confirmed. pure formality i suppose :D

witte
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah, here the same. I prefer to wait for the NIN confirmation. Making such a trip (400 km) for 'nothing' would be terrible. :)

sheepdean
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Well Rob has gone away to make HTDA visuals, maybe he's the only one who knows how to update the tour page

NINfan04
03-22-2013, 11:12 AM
I heard a rumor about NIN possibly playing Lollapalooza this year...any truth to this? I've been dying to get out to a big multi-day concert for years but they just don't have Woodstock '94s anymore!! =(

sheepdean
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM
I heard a rumor about NIN possibly playing Lollapalooza this year...any truth to this? I've been dying to get out to a big multi-day concert for years but they just don't have Woodstock '94s anymore!! =(
NIN has been rumoured for Lolla for every year since 1991, whether they play or not

NINfan04
03-22-2013, 11:30 AM
NIN has been rumoured for Lolla for every year since 1991, whether they play or not

haha very true! I just don't know if I want to shell out $200+ for tickets, gas, etc... from PA to Chicago unless NIN is going to be there. There's lots of other great bands but it would take NIN to give me the final push out the door.

ensanchecedor
03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
a week has passed since the rock in seine announcementnand still nothing on the official website. i'm beginning to worry about having purchased those tickets lol

sheepdean
03-25-2013, 10:52 AM
The official website IS the rock en seine one. I think my joking post about Rob being the only one who updates the site might've been right...

jaypayton
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
as far as pro shots go, it also comes down to Trent ALLOWING permission for the show to be broadcast...considering the entire summer 2009 festival run resulted in one 3 song pro shot, I don't hold out much hope for much....and Reading usually only broadcasts 4 or 5 song segments....they made an exception with The Cure last summer by broadcasting the entire 2 hour set, that will NOT happen with NIN

butter_hole
03-25-2013, 07:15 PM
not sure if this is known yet, but belew has posted on his blog that the japan show will be the first of the tour. in case people were wondering that there might be a few shows leading up to it..
http://elephant-blog.blogspot.com.au/

he also mentions absorbing 3.5 hours of new music, but im not sure if he's talking about NIN there.

simonn
03-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Reading is streamed in HD, so we're good there

I didn't know that! Where from, their Reading Festivals own website, BBC, or another source?

simonn
03-26-2013, 08:28 AM
Think I probably will do Paris tbh... I'd rather pay 49 Euro for Paris than 90 quid for Reading (haha!)

Paris? I can't see anything about that, what's the score there?

Sutekh
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
Festival near or in Paris http://www.rockenseine.com/en/

sheepdean
03-26-2013, 08:52 AM
I didn't know that! Where from, their Reading Festivals own website, BBC, or another source?
The Beeb last time, though I heard rumours they might do a Coachella and dump it on youtube.

Paris? I can't see anything about that, what's the score there?
Rock en Seine

simonn
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Rock en Seine

Getting my European rivers mixed up, thought The Seine was in Germany, but that's The Rhine!

sheepdean
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Just remember: the French are en Seine and the Germans like Rhinestones

theimage13
03-27-2013, 08:54 PM
With Ally back in the band, I'd love to hear the Modwheelmood remix of The Great Destroyer done live. I don't even feel like it'd fit well into a set, but still...

sick among the pure
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
I just wish the US tour dates would go up so I could plan the rest of my year accordingly. Is that sad?

ManBurning
03-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I just wish the US tour dates would go up so I could plan the rest of my year accordingly. Is that sad?

Not at all!

i'm waiting forn them as well so I can plan my summer/fall as well. My work is retarded and everyone needs to submit ther vacation request in be end of Feb to ensure we get what we want for the calander year ahead (total rubbish if you ask me). SO I submitted a week off in July, a week off in August and some days off in June for a wedding I need to attend. We're given a cancel/rebook option providing the days are available and we give maybe 6 weeks notice, but it would still be nice to see the US dates so I can move my vacation around accordingly. So nope, you are not crazy or sad to make that assumption at all! In fact, I think alot of us are waiting to do the same thing, haha.

Especailly with the announcement that The Cure has just been added to Fuji Rock fest in Japan along NIN is almost a deal for me... But I want to hold off for the possibility of a Lollapalooza date in August... As the Cure are playing in Montreal that weekend at some festival, and Chicago is just a hop, skip and a jump away. If NIN and The Cure get confirmed for lolla, i'm there in a FLASH (just so happens I have that week booked off already as well).

Scarlet Siren
03-28-2013, 07:20 AM

No not at all!!

I'm seriously contemplating going to Leeds > Rock en Seine > Reading. Three festivals in three days.... somehow I don't think it's going to work out and that bothers me a great deal :( nevertheless, at least I've got Leeds and Reading to go to, I should be happy with that.

Moebius
03-28-2013, 07:59 AM
A very legit looking Lollapalooza leak has NIN on the top of the bill:

http://inforoo.com/thread/29577/lollapalooza-2013-august-grant-chicago?scrollTo=1278724&page=8

http://thissongissick.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Lollalpalooza-Lineup-2013.jpg

eversonpoe
03-28-2013, 08:03 AM
there's something extremely upsetting to me about seeing mumford & sons and the killers on the same line with the cure and NIN. i really hate both of those bands with such intensity. i'm not usually one to use the term over-hyped but i think it applies to both of them pretty accurately.

wow, that was pretty negative...um...

here's hoping there's a date in chicago that's not lolla because i really want to see NIN with this lineup!

Blackbookpress1984
03-28-2013, 08:50 AM
there's something extremely upsetting to me about seeing mumford & sons and the killers on the same line with the cure and NIN. i really hate both of those bands with such intensity. i'm not usually one to use the term over-hyped but i think it applies to both of them pretty accurately.

wow, that was pretty negative...um...

here's hoping there's a date in chicago that's not lolla because i really want to see NIN with this lineup!

Hey bud, I wouldn't take bets on that Lolla lineup yet. With the dates sceheduled in asia and europe already that preceede and post date the lolla dates, plus the fact that they said a full us stadium fall tour, I doubt theyll swing back to the states between South Korea and Belgium to do Lolla. but who knows. if they are playing I will be there, that's for sure.

theimage13
03-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Well, Ellie Goulding has an unusually large 5 day gap between shows in AZ and CO...right when Lollapalooza is listed on that poster.

I'd certainly lean towards legit, but who knows.

Kodiak33
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM
That lineup is confirmed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/turnitup/chi-lollapalooza-lineup-20130328,0,2495045.column

witte
03-28-2013, 01:01 PM
OK, a good reason to update that f**king http://tour.nin.com website. i cannot see that "more tour dates coming soon" anymore. waiting for the 'Rock en Seine' confirmation.
;)

ManBurning
03-28-2013, 01:09 PM
That lineup is confirmed.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/turnitup/chi-lollapalooza-lineup-20130328,0,2495045.column

Oh God, THIS is why I wake up in the morning! What an amazing thing to wake up to! That's what i've been waiting for. No travelling to Japan for this Man. This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

Now to hopefully score single day tickets on the days The Cure and NIN are playing... Damn... I don't understand how a festival can sell out of 3 day passes before the lineup even gets announced!!

Blackbookpress1984
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh God, THIS is why I wake up in the morning! What an amazing thing to wake up to! That's what i've been waiting for. No travelling to Japan for this Man. This is gonna be AMAZING!!!!

Now to hopefully score single day tickets on the days The Cure and NIN are playing... Damn... I don't understand how a festival can sell out of 3 day passes before the lineup even gets announced!!

How does one go about aquiring passes for the NIN day only? I've never been to lolla before.

ManBurning
03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
How does one go about aquiring passes for the NIN day only? I've never been to lolla before.

Single day tickets go on sale starting April 9th over at http://www.lollapalooza.com/tickets/
Just gotta find out what night NIN will be headlining and then grab your ticket and you're (hopefully) good to go!

Blackbookpress1984
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
many thanks. Simple, and straight to the point. :)

Moebius
03-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Single day tickets go on sale starting April 9th over at http://www.lollapalooza.com/tickets/
Just gotta find out what night NIN will be headlining and then grab your ticket and you're (hopefully) good to go!

Heads up, the same Tribune article says the lineup and single-day onsale date is being moved up to next week:

Lollapalooza spokeswoman Shelby Meade would not comment on the leaked lineup, but said official confirmation of the actual lineup would come next week with a new on-sale date for single-day tickets (three-day tickets have already sold out).

EDIT: Lineup next Monday 4/1, tickets Wednesday 4/3

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/625638_633806979978792_962984999_n.jpg

ManBurning
03-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Heads up, the same Tribune article says the lineup and single-day onsale date is being moved up to next week:

EDIT: Lineup next Monday 4/1, tickets Wednesday 4/3

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/625638_633806979978792_962984999_n.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

I hope they know what they are doing releasing the "official" confirmation on April Fool's day... If it's anything other than the leaked photo we saw, i'm going to have a hard time taking it seriously...

ZootZap
03-29-2013, 04:13 PM
You lucky ones have single day tickets for a 3-day-festival. In Germany you don't have this opportunity... so I don't know if I will see NIN this year.
Hopefully they will do a regular tour next year, worldwide!

pukkelpop
03-29-2013, 05:28 PM
You lucky ones have single day tickets for a 3-day-festival. In Germany you don't have this opportunity... so I don't know if I will see NIN this year.
Pukkelpop has day tickets? (Almost sold out though)

Collin
03-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Will they specify what day NIN is playing before the tix come out, kinda how coachella does it?

ensanchecedor
03-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't wanna get paranoid about it, but i seriously hope the rock en seine date will be announced as soon as possible on the nin website. to be honest, i have the feeling the website will be updated next monday with the lollapalooza date and they won't upload the rock en seine date :D

ManBurning
03-29-2013, 10:20 PM
What do you guys think the chances of NIN appearing at the Oshega festival in Montreal the same weekend as Lollapalooza are?
It seems like both bills are sharing almost identical lineups, and it wouldn't make sense for NIN to fly back to North America for just 1 show and then back overseas again, right?
I have a feeling they might be hitting up Oshega as well. Hmmm...

Personally, i'd rather they announce them together so I have the choice of staying in Canada and going to the festival in Montreal, rather than having to cross the boarder and go to lollapalooza in Chicago.

I know EXACTLY what's going to happen... come Monday, April 1st, Lollapalooza is gonna drop the NIN bomb that they are officially confirmed, then on Wednesday, April 3rd tickets will go on sale and sell out in 4 hours again for NIN day. 2 weeks later Oshega will be like"hey, hey, hey guess what? NIN are our 3rd headlining act!" --thanks guys! I just wasted money on Lolla tickets... urgh....

The Oshega poster/website says over 20 more acts to be announced, and the poster only has 2 "MAIN" headliners at the top in big bold letters: "The Cure" and "Mumford and Sons" all the acts on the 2nd line seem to b supporting acts and not headlining acts (Phoenix, Vampire weekend, new order, the lumineers) which leads me to beleive that the 3rd and final headline act, could be none other than NIN, and they were told strictly to keep it confidential until Lollapalooza was ready to confirm their lineup.

Any thoughts on this?

Cecil
03-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Playing Lowlands festival.
Noticed there was no tour journal for it, but swear I saw it mentioned in here.

http://lowlands.nl/en/program/

I guess it means that they could just play in Europe for 2 weeks? Lowlands, Pukkelpop and the german fest one week, then Reading, Leeds and Rock en Seine the next?

allegro
03-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I know EXACTLY what's going to happen... come Monday, April 1st, Lollapalooza is gonna drop the NIN bomb that they are officially confirmed, then on Wednesday, April 3rd tickets will go on sale and sell out in 4 hours again for NIN day.
I don't remember Lolla Chicago ever selling out a one-day ticket that fast for anybody, are you sure? That's now 95,000 tickets. (Well, minus the Early Bird and cheap Three Days that are already sold out,).

edit: Tickets were still available the morning of the show (daily capacity in 2008 was 75,000): http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Maximum-capacity-Lollapalooza-2008-sold-out08804939

pukkelpop
03-30-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't remember Lolla Chicago ever selling out a one-day ticket that fast for anybody, are you sure? That's now 95,000 tickets. (Well, minus the Early Bird and cheap Three Days that are already sold out,).

edit: Tickets were still available the morning of the show (daily capacity in 2008 was 75,000): http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Maximum-capacity-Lollapalooza-2008-sold-out08804939
daily capacity here at pukkelpop is also 72000, and the NIN day is currently after three days almost sold out...

allegro
03-30-2013, 06:38 PM
After 3 days, not 4 hours. And daily Lolla capacity is now 95,000

ZootZap
03-30-2013, 07:27 PM

Pukkelpop has day tickets! (Almost sold out though)

Hah, it's cheaper (for me) to buy a 3-day-ticket for Rock'n Heim and have low fuel costs, than buy a 1-day-ticket for Pukkelpop with higher fuel costs.
It seems I could see NIN, when I get over my reluctance to go to a festival this year.

pukkelpop
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Why are people here so keen on Rock en Seine? I read mixed reviews, and Paris itself is dead..

sheepdean
03-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Rock en Seine is cheap and easy for Brits to get to who are fully aware of how much Leeds|Reading sucks.

slave2thewage
03-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Why are people here so keen on Rock en Seine? I read mixed reviews, and Paris itself is dead..
Because it's not in *snigger* Belgium.

ensanchecedor
03-31-2013, 07:00 PM
if the rock en seine date is not updated on nin.com tomorrow or whenever the next dates will be included there, i'm going to start worrying about the tickets bought and the vacation plans already made.

at this point i feel like it's not completely official but the festival organization has announced it in order to sell tickets faster.

fillow
04-01-2013, 12:40 AM
someone need to tweet rob about updating tour dates. sure he's busy with htda rehearsals, but it's hardly a big task.

pukkelpop
04-01-2013, 04:15 AM
Because it's not in Belgium.
that's practically the same :o

and yeah, Rob does the updates, i tweeted him about a date, with result.

Moebius
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Consequnce of Sounds reports the NIN is playing on Friday at Lollapalooza (http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/04/lollapalooza-confirms-2013-lineup-day-by-day-breakdown/):

Nine Inch Nails and The Killers will headline Friday, August 2nd, appearing alongside Queens of the Stone Age, New Order, Band of Horses, Hot Chip, Crystal Castles, Disclosure, Father John Misty, Ghost B.C., Jessie Ware, Smith Westerns, Icona Pop, and Chance the Rapper.

ensanchecedor
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
at last!!! tour.nin.com updated with lolla, lowlands and paris :)

pukkelpop
04-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Lolla, Rock en Seine and Lowlands are now confirmed at http://tour.nin.com

ensanchecedor
04-01-2013, 01:27 PM
I guess the summer festivals tour is almost done except for some confirmations such as sziget, osheaga and frequency, don't you think?

DistantSamantha
04-02-2013, 02:59 AM
I guess the summer festivals tour is almost done except for some confirmations such as sziget, osheaga and frequency, don't you think?

What about the week August 5-11? There's at least two festivals that week in Finland. Do you know any other (major) festivals scheduled for those days?

Emil Dorbell
04-02-2013, 04:22 AM
Still no Scandinavian dates at all...

ensanchecedor
04-02-2013, 04:59 AM
What about the week August 5-11? There's at least two festivals that week in Finland. Do you know any other (major) festivals scheduled for those days?

i've never been familiar with the scandinavian festivals, but i hope they confirm at least one date over date during that week.

Moebius
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM

There is also the Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit (formerly Moogfest) in Asheville, NC at the end of October. Someone on Inforoo claims that NIN is being booked for that.

MAD
04-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I'm keeping a map with all the dates, mainly to see how NIN will travel from one show to the other. http://goo.gl/maps/gVcaH

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know, I updated my account here with the correct twatter (https://twitter.com/mad_________)

JessicaSarahS
04-02-2013, 01:41 PM

Outside Lands in San Francisco! Crossing my fingers for that one. :)

gorny540
04-02-2013, 02:13 PM
NIN and Queens for Friday for Lolla, thats awesome maybe we finally get to see Josh & Trent unite on stage

frothy_ham
04-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Soooo...are we thinking that the Summer tour will be just festivals for the most part? Do we have any reason to believe that there will be an actual city by city tour or is that being saved for Winter late 2013/early 2014?

What do you guys think? It just seems a little late to be announcing regular dates as well but I'm still holding onto my vacation until I know for sure.

somewhat_
04-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Soooo...are we thinking that the Summer tour will be just festivals for the most part? Do we have any reason to believe that there will be an actual city by city tour or is that being saved for Winter late 2013/early 2014?

What do you guys think? It just seems a little late to be announcing regular dates as well but I'm still holding onto my vacation until I know for sure.

Its starting to look like just festivals over the summer, although September could bring standard overseas shows. I think the U.S. tour will start towards the end of September and run through the beginning of November, possibly finishing up at Voodoofest. I think I read over on the coachella message board that they might return to Europe in November, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

halloween
04-02-2013, 09:02 PM
I seriously think it's going to be The Fragile live.

Don't make me cry. I already missed The Downward Spiral live =[

jessamineny
04-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Heh. Considering what's been said since I made that post, I doubt that's what we're getting. Wah.

halloween
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah, i need to catch up with all the news, i haven't felt this interested in NIN in a few years.

edit. INNININ

laci
04-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I'm keeping a map with all the dates, mainly to see how NIN will travel from one show to the other. http://goo.gl/maps/gVcaH

EDIT: Thanks for letting me know, I updated my account here with the correct twatter (https://twitter.com/mad_________)

Nice one, MAD!
There's a little update on the Sziget rumour: my source said the band would be play on August 11 (Sunday) as the last headliner of Sziget 2013.
No official word yet, but there will be a big announcment today with 22 new names.

edit: no NIN this time (https://www.facebook.com/SzigetFestival/posts/397885093642364).

MAD
04-03-2013, 06:49 AM
Yeah, I got somewhat of a confirmation as well, but I don't really know the person so..

Moebius
04-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Lollapalooza is now completely sold out, single days went in roughly an hour.

becoming
04-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Yes it is. And Frontgate Tickets needs to burn in hell. I sat through roughly an hour of the standby page and it let me into verification 3 FUCKING TIMES!!! and it kept kicking me back to the standby page when I entered the passcode. Fuck them this is the 2nd time Frontgate has wasted an hour of my life for nothing. This is the only time I wish I had a twitter or Facebook account so I could post as much bad shit about them as I could.

And for some reason I had to re-register here, I have the same user name as my old one too? Weird...

Anyway I have sold tickets to past NIN shows on here awhile ago... think the last was aragon in chicago... Thought to give this a whirl before getting raped willingly on ebay or stubhub SO if anyone has at least 2 extra tickets for FRI at Lolla please PM me. I would be willing to do a little above face just so you come out ahead but I'm not paying double.

Oh Yeah, FUCK FRONTGATE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!

theimage13
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Don't make me cry. I already missed The Downward Spiral live =[

Well then, good news! I really don't think that "re-imagining what NIN can sound like" will translate into "we're just going to play what we already sound like". Which is not to lessen the sheer, absurd awesomeness that would be The Fragile done front to back live. But I really don't see that happening. Maybe they'll visit all of the songs in some format or another throughout the various shows, but I'd be willing to bet money* that they won't play the whole album straight through.

*not really; we've already seen that go south once this year

JamesCmuse
04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I want a New York date, god dammit!

Emil Dorbell
04-05-2013, 03:06 AM
I want a New York date, god dammit!

Me too! Flying over?

bowler_hat
04-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Me too! Flying over?

I'm hoping to fly over if they announce an arena show in NY. I'm planning to get to a couple of shows to make the trip worthwhile.

I'm also in Vegas at the beginning of November for work so am praying for a NIN show at the same time. I missed out on American dates last time. I won't let it happen this time!

laci
04-05-2013, 08:58 AM
NIN retweeted MAD's Google Maps work. Wonder if they saw the rumoured dates on it as well. :)

halloween
04-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Well then, good news! I really don't think that "re-imagining what NIN can sound like" will translate into "we're just going to play what we already sound like". Which is not to lessen the sheer, absurd awesomeness that would be The Fragile done front to back live. But I really don't see that happening. Maybe they'll visit all of the songs in some format or another throughout the various shows, but I'd be willing to bet money* that they won't play the whole album straight through.

*not really; we've already seen that go south once this year
I am excited about any new music they'll put out, if it's going in a different direction. I wasn't a fan of year zero and the like, but I did like ghosts so I'm always willing to give it another chance.

thefragile_jake
04-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Man, I'm so excited for all of this! It kind of sucks I'm going to miss Lollapalooza this summer especially with Death Grips playing...but I will make sure that I catch one of the fall US arena tours. I really do hope they play St. Louis, there's nothing like seeing your favorite band in your hometown.

JamesCmuse
04-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Me too! Flying over?

Yes! My mother lives in Queens, and I have to make an annual visit anyway. Being greedy and waiting for NIN to announce a show before I decide to book flights :P

Emil Dorbell
04-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Yes! My mother lives in Queens, and I have to make an annual visit anyway. Being greedy and waiting for NIN to announce a show before I decide to book flights :P

I have a plan to get my family to go with me to NYC in the fall. I've yet to see a "real" NIN show as in the full on stage production that never seems to leave the states. I wonder... how far ahead do we usually see announced dates?

arsenic
04-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Apparently NIN will be headlining at Zurich Openair 2013 (August 29th - September 1st). The official announcement will be made tomorrow and tickets on sale this Friday. I couldn't be happier.

sick among the pure
04-10-2013, 11:09 AM
So I have nothing concrete to go on, but according to a friend of mine listening to a Spotify station that is leaking bands playing the Made In America festival this year, NIN just came on. I thought "ok, what's the likelihood of a Spotify station releasing the bands?" until I read "The lineup for the 2013 Budweiser Made In America Festival will be released on Weds. April 10 at 12 p.m. EST on Spotify."
So, the festival will be taking place Aug 31st weekend, so Reading UK being the 25th means there's enough time for NIN to get back to the states and ready.

So, um, possible, so long as the post above this isn't true.

jessamineny
04-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Pitchfork just announced it.

Kid Charlemagne
04-10-2013, 11:11 AM
They'll headline Made in America alongside Kendrick Lamar.

Moebius
04-10-2013, 11:13 AM
They'll headline Made in America alongside Kendrick Lamar.

Okay, I did NOT see that one coming.

sick among the pure
04-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Just thanked my friend who texted me about the Spotify playlist playing NIN. My friends all know me too well.

LEA
04-10-2013, 11:22 AM
So excited that NIN is doing the Made in America festival. YAY, Philly!

UninTY
04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
tickets are available for amex presale right now.....but no word on regular onsale yet!

gorny540
04-10-2013, 06:52 PM
NIN is playing Sunday 9/1 of the fest, right? And does anyone know yet if QotSA is on the same day? Funny both bands have only announced 2 U.S. dates and they're both the same, wishful thinking that maybe they'll tour again

arsenic
04-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Update: confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/uwIZlh8.png

RJK
04-11-2013, 12:31 AM
NIN is playing Sunday 9/1 of the fest, right? And does anyone know yet if QotSA is on the same day? Funny both bands have only announced 2 U.S. dates and they're both the same, wishful thinking that maybe they'll tour again

Has there been any confirmation of what day they're playing? I thought festivals normally wait awhile before announcing that.

opal
04-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Yes, Zurich! I'll be there!!

dominik
04-11-2013, 03:55 AM
That Zurich lineup is pretty good. I hope the festival itself isn't still as shitty as it was a few years ago.

Moebius
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
That Zurich lineup is pretty good. I hope the festival itself isn't still as shitty as it was a few years ago.

For a small festival, there's some pretty good gets on there. And hey, Jackson and his Computer Band are active again?? Nice!

MAD
04-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Ok, so the Zurich gig has to be on either 29 or 30 since on 31-01 nincamp will be in PA for MIA.

matt925
04-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Outside lands lineup will be announced Tuesday. Nine inch nails are rumored and it fits their schedule perfectly.

MAD
04-14-2013, 04:36 PM
Interesting. Now I hope that the Sziget rumor is still correct. 9-11.08 is Outside Lands and 11.08 is Sziget.

Also. here's the updated map: http://goo.gl/maps/Tos56

Kid Charlemagne
04-15-2013, 12:17 PM
So, we just gonna overlook the fact they're playing Voodoo in NOLA?

Nappyp
04-15-2013, 12:30 PM

How to Destroy Angles too.

JessicaSarahS
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM

Not I! Omg omg omg. I was already looking at flights and hotels to spend Halloween in New Orleans. Now I'll go for Voodoo too!

Kid Charlemagne
04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Judging by who ACL has to offer, I may go too. I'd love to see Pearl Jam and NIN in the same weekend.

Emil Dorbell
04-16-2013, 02:10 AM
STILL nothing even close to Scandinavia. C'mon you guys!

butter_hole
04-16-2013, 03:47 AM
How to Destroy Angles too.
Woah, additional HTDA date!? That's big news.

littlemonkey613
04-16-2013, 05:04 AM
Wait there will be tour dates besides festivals right? RIGHT?! o_O

kitz
04-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Interesting. Now I hope that the Sziget rumor is still correct. 9-11.08 is Outside Lands and 11.08 is Sziget.

Also. here's the updated map: http://goo.gl/maps/Tos56

we still can have both :) fingers crossed!

Moebius
04-16-2013, 10:58 AM
Outside Lands confirmed!

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/images/admat/041613.png

witte
04-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Ai, Sziget will be unrealistic.... :(

icklekitty
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I hope Paul McCartney & NIN are on the same stage!

They're playing a lot of shows with Phoenix this summer.

JessicaSarahS
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Outside Lands confirmed!

http://lineup.sfoutsidelands.com/

http://www.sfoutsidelands.com/images/admat/041613.png

Yes!! I already have my ticket to this. Can't wait.

Harry Seaward
04-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Can someone explain how tickets are always sold out at these festivals before they go on sale?

JessicaSarahS
04-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Can someone explain how tickets are always sold out at these festivals before they go on sale?

They have an allotment given to presale/early bird and advanced sales before the lineup is announced. Then they'll put the rest on sale after the lineup announcement.

suprefan
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM

They arent going to be playing the same day.

DigitalChaos
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
They have an allotment given to presale/early bird and advanced sales before the lineup is announced. Then they'll put the rest on sale after the lineup announcement.
how the hell did you get in on that? I want in!
I already have the 18th off for the HTDA show in SF so I should be able to score the outsidelands tickets but a head start would be awesome.

DigitalChaos
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
And they seriously need to come back to Shoreline (Mountain View, CA). That location is incredibly convenient for me :)

littlemonkey613
04-16-2013, 03:54 PM
Wait there will be tour dates besides festivals right? RIGHT?! o_O

Right?!?????????

pukkelpop
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
i don't think we get more European dates; this will be it!

theimage13
04-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Oh fuck, me too. Because I'm pretty sure I'll be working that show with McCartney.

So long, sleep. No way my brain is shutting off tonight.

JessicaSarahS
04-16-2013, 05:19 PM
how the hell did you get in on that? I want in!
I already have the 18th off for the HTDA show in SF so I should be able to score the outsidelands tickets but a head start would be awesome.

The presales are over :(. But I usually get word of it from their email list, and ranger dave on twitter.

DigitalChaos
04-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Eh, I guess I might as well just wait for the single day tickets to open up. Only reason I am going is for NIN.

FULLMETAL
04-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Has anyone gone through the NIN tour history pages and tried to extrapolate a rough US itinerary for this fall based on the announced festival stops?

Seeing as how they're playing Philly at the end of August (or 9/1) and the next announced date is the Voodoo show in New Orleans in November, I'm guessing that in between is where we'll see a bunch of arena dates.

thefragile_jake
04-16-2013, 08:22 PM
Think by late summer we'll start to get some fall arena dates possibly announced?

blugel
04-16-2013, 08:47 PM
Think by late summer we'll start to get some fall arena dates possibly announced?

I would hope by early summer....

ManBurning
04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
We'll get the dates in June. Arena dates are usually released about 3 months before the tour stars to give it enough time to sell.
The arena tour will start early to mid September and end at The Voodoo fest in NOLA in November

MAD
04-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Has anyone gone through the NIN tour history pages and tried to extrapolate a rough US itinerary for this fall based on the announced festival stops?

Seeing as how they're playing Philly at the end of August (or 9/1) and the next announced date is the Voodoo show in New Orleans in November, I'm guessing that in between is where we'll see a bunch of arena dates.
Like this? http://goo.gl/maps/b1dyc

FULLMETAL
04-17-2013, 03:36 AM
Not quite. I was thinking more along the lines of forecasting approximate dates/cities based on previous tour schedules and how well those markets sold. If they didn't sell out a show in a particular city, is it likely they would schedule another show in that market? Also, are those arenas already booked for events in the fall?

That said, I think ManBurning probably has the best estimation so far.

matt925
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
These festival dates are making me a little nervous. If they are playing outside lands at huge prices in San Francisco, can the realistically book oracle arena a month or two later without even a new album? I was planning to drive to LA for any special small venue shows, but I was really hoping for Oakland and Sacramento arena shows as I have no interest in seeing them at a festival. We'll see how it goes I guess.

shagg_187
04-17-2013, 07:46 AM
$10 says they'll be performing at Edgefest as well. Every single show of theirs is a festival. Ansan Valley Festival is on 28th July. Edgefest is on July 31st. Lollapalooza is on August 2nd. They can literally drive down from Toronto to Chicago.

In fact, expect quite a few bands playing at Lollapalooza to perform at Edgefest. They don't have a final lineup set, and their current lineup is one of the worst I've ever seen so expect some AAA-bands to headline it. For the curious ones, this is the current lineup: http://www.edge.ca/edgefest/

Stereo75
04-17-2013, 12:14 PM
So I stop in to chat with my boss today about shows that are coming up & he tells me that NIN in Winnipeg is going to be announced today or tomorrow. How much truth is there to that? I guess we shall see.

Ruined
04-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Is anyone here familiar with how Outside Lands sets up its line-up? Specifically, do headliners such as NIN, perform all three days or does each day have a different headliner? I couldn't find any information on which specific day(s) NIN was performing on the Outside Lands website. Thanks.

JessicaSarahS
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Is anyone here familiar with how Outside Lands sets up its line-up? Specifically, do headliners such as NIN, perform all three days or does each day have a different headliner? I couldn't find any information on which specific day(s) NIN was performing on the Outside Lands website. Thanks.

Each day will have a different headliner, so NIN will only play one night. The day they perform will be announced closer to the fest date when the set times are released.

Ruined
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Each day will have a different headliner, so NIN will only play one night. The day they perform will be announced closer to the fest date when the set times are released.
Okay, thanks.

ManBurning
04-18-2013, 12:42 AM
$10 says they'll be performing at Edgefest as well.

$20 says they won't be there.

MAD
04-18-2013, 01:02 AM
So I stop in to chat with my boss today about shows that are coming up & he tells me that NIN in Winnipeg is going to be announced today or tomorrow. How much truth is there to that? I guess we shall see.
For what festival?

ManBurning
04-18-2013, 02:25 AM
For what festival?

There are no festivals in Winnipeg (I would know, i'm originally from there).

It's complete nonsense unless it's part of the arena tour and your boss has some secret inside connections to the powers that be at the MTS Centre, but even then I doubt they would have told him to let it slip like that. The band will be the one to release the dates, but I guarentee they will not do it while on the road w/ HTDA. They will wait until they ae back from their HTDA tour before releasing the dates.

I don't anticipate there being many (if any) at all Canadian dates this run at all. I have a feeling this is going to be a US exclusive tour, with of course maybe Toronto thrown in there and slight chance of Montreal if a Toronto one is there. But as for the prairies and western Canada, we'll have to wait for 2014. Of course, I hope i'm wrong... but i'm already prepairing to hit up a whole string of west coast dates.

I'm probably gonna hit Seattle, Portland, LA and whatever else happens to be in the way up and down along the coast. It would be nice to have a local show though so I could go with my friends who can't travel. One NIN fanetic is having his first child this spring, he is begging for a Vancouver fall date. Another friend I have is also praying for a Vancouver date, but he said he's willing to travel to at least Seattle with me for a show if the timing is right.

Guess we'll just patientlly wait for these dates... Shouldn't be too much longer, another month to month and a half and they'll be out.

shagg_187
04-18-2013, 07:49 AM
$20 says they won't be there.
*tosses money into empty hat*

Truth be told, the only other festival in Toronto was Virgin Festival, and they've died an undesirable death. Or maybe a part of me wishes they would just come to Toronto this year... :(

ManBurning
04-18-2013, 11:57 AM
*tosses money into empty hat*

Truth be told, the only other festival in Toronto was Virgin Festival, and they've died an undesirable death. Or maybe a part of me wishes they would just come to Toronto this year... :(

Edgefest hasn't been that good in over a decade as well. But maybe that's just me getting older. I look at the lineup now and it's pure rubbish, not a single known act on there. I remember when Edgefest toured the whole country in the late 90's, that was the peak of the festival, good times! Edgefest '98 was my first concert ever.

somewhat_
04-21-2013, 12:56 PM
If the fall U.S. tour is already booked, which I assume it is and probably was when TR made the announcement at the end of February, there is no reason dates won't be announced in a couple of weeks. The longer tickets are on sale the more tickets they will sell.

PQHooligan
04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
No idea if this has been mentioned in this thread or another, but wouldn't it be completely possible for Karen O to join Trent for the Immigrant Song at Outside Lands?!

JessicaSarahS
04-21-2013, 03:02 PM
No idea if this has been mentioned in this thread or another, but wouldn't it be completely possible for Karen O to join Trent for the Immigrant Song at Outside Lands?!

I would die from the awesomeness. @_@

slave2thewage
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Rumours now flying around that NIN will play Oxegen in Ireland on August 4th. We'll know for sure in 24 hours.

JamesCmuse
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Rumours now flying around that NIN will play Oxegen in Ireland on August 4th. We'll know for sure in 24 hours.
I reckon it might be false. They're playing Lollapalooza on the 2nd as far as I'm aware and it's a great journey to just fly to Ireland for a one off at a gradually degrading festival.

edit: Also take into consideration that Pendulum are massively rumoured to headline, and Pendulum don't even exist anymore.

slave2thewage
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I reckon it might be false. They're playing Lollapalooza on the 2nd as far as I'm aware and it's a great journey to just fly to Ireland for a one off at a gradually degrading festival.

edit: Also take into consideration that Pendulum are massively rumoured to headline, and Pendulum don't even exist anymore.
Yeah, I just put it out there. That leaked lineup has Lady Gaga on after NIN.
1) I highly doubt that festival could afford her.
2) She's fucking learning how to walk again, basically.

Erik
04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Pendulum still exist as a DJ set act featuring Paul Harding and Ben Mount. Knife Party are the "other half" of what was Pendulum (Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen). So, yes, a DJ set by what is left of Pendulum could headline that festival. I'm pretty sure NIN will not be there.

ManBurning
04-22-2013, 10:05 PM
Considering they are playing Outside Lands festival in San Fran the weekend after lolla, I doubt they are gonna fly over to Ireland from Chicago, just to fly back to the USA again for Outside Lands.

I predict they play Lolla, fly home for a week to relax with the wife and kids, and then head to San Fran for OSL and then back overseas for the rest of the festivals, then back to America for that Made in America festival in PA, maybe another short family break/rest before the USA fall tour starts in mid September.

JamesCmuse
04-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Didn't know they still existed as a DJ set, that's pretty cool! I love fake lineups though and seeing people get excited. A guy I know started going crazy at a lineup that had Daft Punk and the Arctic Monkeys. Then he asked me "Who are Rise Against The Machine?".. safe to say I nearly split my sides laughing. Whoever made that poster completely fucked up and actually listed "Rise Against The Machine" on their poster. hah

laci
04-24-2013, 02:07 AM
How many more European dates are you expecting for this summer?

pukkelpop
04-24-2013, 02:11 AM
How many more European dates are you expecting for this summer?
i think this is it.

slave2thewage
04-24-2013, 02:46 AM
Oh god, I wish NIN were playing Oxegen, but with the actual confirmed lineup. I don't think anyone could force themselves to go to it.

WorzelG
04-24-2013, 04:07 AM
Does anyone know if tickets for Reading usually sell out or not? I'm probably going to wait and see what sort of shows they are, if they are just greatest hits type things, wait for the full tour next year, but if it's something different, new versions of the songs, I'll still have a month to buy them from the first show in July. (I'm really hoping for some footage from rehearsals)

laci
04-24-2013, 04:40 AM
i think this is it.
Fuck. If this is it, I'll go to Zurich (which is not on tour.nin.com, but confirmed).
Thanks!

JamesCmuse
04-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Oh god, I wish NIN were playing Oxegen, but with the actual confirmed lineup. I don't think anyone could force themselves to go to it.

There's still Electric Picnic which is the weekend after Reading. I am hopeful!

slave2thewage
04-25-2013, 03:58 AM
There's still Electric Picnic which is the weekend after Reading. I am hopeful!
Zurich and Philadelphia...

JamesCmuse
04-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Damn it. I might try go to Pukkelpop, so.

slave2thewage
04-25-2013, 04:21 AM
Damn it. I might try go to Pukkelpop, so.
If you're looking for a day ticket, the NIN day is sold out. Most of us seem to be heading to Rock en Seine.

JamesCmuse
04-25-2013, 04:48 AM
If you're looking for a day ticket, the NIN day is sold out. Most of us seem to be heading to Rock en Seine.

Shite. Is Rock en Seine costly? (incl flights, etc)

slave2thewage
04-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Last time I checked, flights from Dublin would work out at about €100 return and the day ticket is €49. Then you've got accommodation on top of that.

sheepdean
04-25-2013, 05:53 AM
Real fans don't need accommodation, that's what park benches are for

icklekitty
04-25-2013, 09:21 AM
We'll be sipping wine on our riverside terrace overlooking Notre Dame and gaytown, contemplating getting the metro down to that little music thingy where that band from our youth are playing.

pukkelpop
04-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Shite. Is Rock en Seine costly? (incl flights, etc)
Camping at R en Seine is almost sold out , there is only a small one, and not so close. I will stay 30km further in a hostel, but in the end it will be pricy with all the transportations.
At pukkelpop however, you can stay at the camping site, but then you have to buy a 3day ticket. The line-up is quite good to hang out though: www.pukkelpop.Be (http://www.pukkelpop.Be) (train and bus in belgium to festival included in ticket)

icklekitty
04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Transport in Paris is cheap, compared to London.

ensanchecedor
04-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Adrian Belew just posted on facebook he's practicing hard for the 45 songs trent sent him which will probably be played live on tour. It appears one of those songs will be The Warning.

somewhat_
04-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Colorado date on September 16? (http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2013/04/26/colorado-summer-concert-guide/67604/)

Krazy
04-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Colorado date on September 16? (http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2013/04/26/colorado-summer-concert-guide/67604/)

Damn. Was hoping that link would provide a Red Rocks date. For those who never been there it's an incredible place to visit and see a show. It's a smaller stage though so the space restricts some of the lighting rigs. Pretty sure when LITS was there in '08, along with Tool in 2010, they had to rid of some gear.

ManBurning
04-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Possible Winnipeg date... Friday, September 27th? hmm... http://www.last.fm/event/3568783+Nine+Inch+Nails+at+MTS+Centre+on+27+Septem ber+2013

blugel
04-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Dates leaking out...can't be much longer for an official announcement...

Stereo75
04-27-2013, 07:39 AM
I could be wrong, but I think Winnipeg may be the first date of the tour. Some bands have started their tours here, rehearsing the day before in an arena setting to make sure the show goes as planned, then doing the actual show the next day. Being centralized in Canada lets them go east, west, or south into the States. Plus the MTSC has very good acoustics, so they can work out any bugs in the P.A.. It's nice to dream that NIN would start here - I guess we'll see.

FULLMETAL
04-27-2013, 08:54 AM
If that Colorado dates holds true, then it's likely that the other shows on this portion of the arena tour will be in similar sized venues (1stBank center is 6,500 seats). Thinking in terms of Atlanta area venues, my guess would be for a stop at the Gwinnett Center.

ManBurning
04-27-2013, 09:47 AM
I still think Trent will take a short 1-2 week break after Made In America, then start the tour up in mid September in LA, then Vegas, Colorado on the 16th, over to Portland, Seattle, Vancouver (hopefully! with a Winnipeg date Vancouver becomes more of a reality). Then go east in Canada, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and/or Regina, Winnipeg then Minneapolis, out east for places like NYC, NJ,, Toronto, Montreal, Detroit, Atlanta etc down to Florida, up to Kansas, through Central USA WI, MT etc down to Texas and end at Voodoo. With everything I never named along the way.

That's my predicition anyway. I hope i'm right about the Vancouver/Canada part though. Would be nice to hit all the Canadian shows.

Does 40 shows seem a little too excessive for this tour? If it starts on Sept 15th and goes til Nov 1, that's about 45 days... that seems long for a tour leg doesn't it?

One things for sur, with that possible Winnipeg date, and the possibility of a Vancouver show now, I really feel jipped fopr having shelled out $2000 on Chicago (Lollapalooza) this summer... urgh, I wish Trent would have just announce all the dates at once... The funny, funny, funny thing is... we're stopping in Winnipeg on THE WAY to Chicago this summer to see friends and family. On man, that was poor planning. Now i'm gonna have to stop in Wpg again anyway for Nails a month later if that date is true.

skip niklas
04-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm hoping you're wrong because if the tour ends at Voodoo then that means Lolla will be their only Chicago stop, and that would suck for us fans who don't fuck with festivals.

ensanchecedor
04-27-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm hoping you're wrong because if the tour ends at Voodoo then that means Lolla will be their only Chicago stop, and that would suck for us fans who don't fuck with festivals.

I don't get it. Why does the lolla tour date have to be the only one in chicago? after made in america, the north american arenas leg will begin, I can see no reason why Trent would forget NIN fans in chicago, I bet you'll have your tour date confirmed along with the other dates :)

Krazy
04-27-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't get it. Why does the lolla tour date have to be the only one in chicago? after made in america, the north american arenas leg will begin, I can see no reason why Trent would forget NIN fans in chicago, I bet you'll have your tour date confirmed along with the other dates :)

Lollapalooza has a clause where the band can't play within a 300 mile radius of Chicago 6 months prior to, and 3 months after, the August dates. If NIN were to come back in the Chicago/WI/IN area it would be November at the earliest. I guess that all depends on how they planned the tour.

Zipfinator
04-27-2013, 04:13 PM
Lollapalooza has a clause where the band can't play within a 300 mile radius of Chicago 6 months prior to, and 3 months after, the August dates. If NIN were to come back in the Chicago/WI/IN area it would be November at the earliest. I guess that all depends on how they planned the tour.

Ballsnacking shit butts... I live in California now but if I were to go see them it'd probably be during a visit to Chicago and I certainly do not wish to make that trip for Lollapalooza.

Emil Dorbell
04-28-2013, 08:07 AM
So with these unconfirmed dates being late summer I suddenly feel very hopeful for a nice and warm visit to New York. It's also quite likely by now that there won't be any more festival shows? I wonder how Roskilde dropped the ball on this...

kitz
04-28-2013, 10:59 AM
I hope there'll be a complete European tour next year (including Vienna and Budapest) and they'll play more European festivals. (for example Øya in Norway. I want to travel to Oslo and Bergen anyway). Then I'll see them live in 2014. This year is very unlikely :(

arsenic
04-29-2013, 03:11 AM
Today Zurich Openair lineup was updated with Artic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Tomahawk, Jessie Ware and more.

NIN are playing on August 29th.

http://zurichopenair.ch/ and tickets on sale here http://www.starticket.ch/0Showlist.asp

Kid Charlemagne
04-29-2013, 03:43 PM
They'll play Asheville the weekend of October 25th through the 27th for the Mountain Oasis Music Summit along with the Reunited Neutral Milk Hotel...plan accordingly.

Pilgrim
04-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Hello all, just received this email from @nin.com

nine inch nails will perform at mediolanum forum in milan on august 28.
tomahawk are set to open the show, tickets available starting May 2nd http://www.ticketone.it/nine-inch-nails-biglietti.html?affiliate=pit&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=462013

any old school Italian fan excited as much as me?

arsenic
04-30-2013, 04:52 AM
NIN are also playing in Milan on August 28th, a day before the gig in Zurich.

What's interesting is that (according to this (http://www.goth.it/event/38376) website) they're playing in a venue. Tomahawk are opening for them. If I'm not wrong, this is the first venue announced so far.

Tickets will be on sale from May 3rd at 10AM, starting from 40€ + booking expenses

(I'll be there too by the way)

http://www.ticketone.it/biglietti-nine-inch-nails-tomahawk-assago.html?affiliate=ITT&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&key=967384%242937719&jumpIn=yTix&kuid=462013

http://www.livenation.it/artist/nine-inch-nails-tickets

edit: Pilgrim you posted it first ; )

somewhat_
04-30-2013, 05:03 AM
HTDA and Gary Numan

Re-quoting myself from earlier in the thread. I'm really starting to think my guess on U.S. fall arena tour opening bands could become reality based on the fact HTDA are playing the only two announced shows NIN are playing during that timeframe (Voodoo and Mountain Oasis) and Gary Numan is playing Mountain Oasis.

butter_hole
04-30-2013, 05:20 AM
Wow.. looks like a confirmation rather than a rumour..

Beta
04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
first non-festival show seems to be on 28th august in milano, italy.
source: https://www.facebook.com/SolfoBookings/posts/439790172780058
this is a legit booking agency announcing that one of their acts will support nin at this date..

edit: ah, i was too slow...

WorzelG
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
If this means they're playing headlining shows in August, I'll hold off on getting tickets for Reading - it's not been put up on nin.com yet

arsenic
04-30-2013, 03:52 PM
update: show in Milan is now confirmed http://tour.nin.com/

However, Zurich is not confirmed yet.

witte
04-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Milan
A venue (cap 11000; not a little too big?)
Sitting here @ JFK waiting for my check in: I got the fever to be part of a venue gig this year.
Maybe I need to expand my holidays in August after Pukkelpop & Rock en Seine.

WorzelG
04-30-2013, 04:21 PM
update: show in Milan is now confirmed http://tour.nin.com/

However, Zurich is not confirmed yet.

Looking at the tour dates in their entirety, it looks like they are playing a headlining show in Italy because they aren't actually playing a festival there which is fair enough. I'm sure Trent said they were doing proper international dates next year anyway

ensanchecedor
04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Looking at the tour dates in their entirety, it looks like they are playing a headlining show in Italy because they aren't actually playing a festival there which is fair enough. I'm sure Trent said they were doing proper international dates next year anyway

They aren't playing any festival shows in Spain neither. However I guess we spaniards will have to wait to 2014

theimage13
04-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Hello all, just received this email from @nin.com

nine inch nails will perform at mediolanum forum in milan on august 28.
tomahawk are set to open the show, tickets available starting May 2nd http://www.ticketone.it/nine-inch-nails-biglietti.html?affiliate=pit&doc=artistPages/tickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&kuid=462013

any old school Italian fan excited as much as me?
NIN + Tomahawk in Italy? The only thing that would make that even better is if Rhapsody got added to the bill.

[Shep]
05-01-2013, 05:13 PM
NIN's only UK shows this year are at Reading and Leeds. wouldn't hold your breath.

sheepdean
05-01-2013, 05:30 PM
NIN in the UK for 2014 almost for sure though. I hope.

JamesCmuse
05-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Real fans don't need accommodation, that's what park benches are for

This. Last time I went to Reading, it was for the day and I spent my night on the floor in Reading station. What was hilarious about this was the fact I bought a Subway, fell asleep with half it beside me, and woke up with it and my bottle of coke gone, but my phone still on the ground after it fell out of my pocket. I found it quite humorous. But yeah, I don't need accommodation, I'll sleep anywhere. Seriously considering Rock En Seine at this point..

witte
05-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Adrian Belew
THE BIG DAY is finally here! at 6 this evening daniel and I board a plane to LA where we will live for the next 11 weeks.
we shipped ahead the guitars, the gear, and a myriad of boxes (the pedal trials will continue). first thing bright and early tomorrow we begin rehearsals. wish us luck!

rehearsals start today .....

eversonpoe
05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
who is daniel?

edit: nevermind, he's his tech.

Fangster_
05-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Was listening to Fragile today and with all the talk that's been on the air in mind, I can somehow totally see Into The Void and *gasp* Where Is Everybody? making setlists. Always had a thing for WIE and Trent can't go on ignoring it forever (can't be on his personal shitlist, can it?). Now just feels right to finally throw it out there.

pukkelpop
05-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Was listening to Fragile today and with all the talk that's been on the air in mind, I can somehow totally see Into The Void and *gasp* Where Is Everybody? making setlists. Always had a thing for WIE and Trent can't go on ignoring it forever (can't be on his personal shitlist, can it?). Now just feels right to finally throw it out there.
exactly!!
I have the same feeling about Please. Those two should finally make it to the stage.

fillow
05-08-2013, 03:20 AM
^^
Please was played live in Fragility and WT/YZ eras.

allegro
05-08-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeah we saw Please live at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee in 2006 (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2006/eagles-ballroom-milwaukee-wi-53d6df79.html).

laci
05-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Please debuted in Vienna, Austria (November, 1999): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drGxkAwv1v4

Fangster_
05-08-2013, 06:49 AM
As much as I love the song, it's honestly pretty cringeworthy live. Might come out better in the current setting though. Actually, I'm positive it would.

Also, a bunch of GHOSTS dropped here and there would be great. Watching 31 from LITS again and yeah, MOAR PLS.

allegro
05-08-2013, 07:16 AM
I really liked it live!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMhYjrw2-s

slave2thewage
05-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I had Please at a soundcheck in 2007 and thought it was great!

Alpha 60
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I was at that Eagles Ballroom show, loved Please live.

The problem I have always seen with some of The Fragile stuff is the layered vocal parts. Don’t really think Into the Void worked very well live and Where Is Everybody would probably have the same problem with the chorus and at the end. They could be rearranged to where the vocals were not part of the sonic landscape, but not sure what that would sound like.

SM Rollinger
05-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Id love to hear Sanctified or Happiness in Slavery brought back. Even though they were played in 09, the trifecta of Ruiner, Becoming and IDNWT, would be great too.

And some moar instrumentals, like Driver Down and Tetsuo.

The Fragile start to finish would get real old, real quick IMO

Fangster_
05-08-2013, 06:49 PM
I really liked it live!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEMhYjrw2-s

K, that was good. Faith restored.

the trifecta of Ruiner, Becoming and IDNWT, would be great too.

I can fap to this.

sheepdean
05-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Considering this forum's name, you'd think Please would be more in demand generally

SM Rollinger
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Please was one of the first songs that really hooked me from the fragile

sick among the pure
05-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Any excuse for some tambourine action.

joplinpicasso
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
My first introduction to ninbourine was ATLITW. I'd go crazy for Please live!

ManBurning
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Personally, i'd rather them focus on songs that haven't been done live yet. I'm kinda sick of the same songs showing up over and over. And while this isn't necessarily a knock towards Please, that's a rare enough "live gem" that I would be OK with it resurfacing live, I am more so talking about the recent "hints" that the band members have been dropping.

Adrian wrote the lyrics to The Warning the other day, so that's a hint that it will probably be live, and Ilan posted an instagram photo of a video still of him drumming live to a NIN song on youtube where he wrote something along the lines of "thanks for everyone who have uploaded live videos of me to youtube, they are helping me practice" and apparently the video still is from Burn...

http://instagram.com/p/Y4UC_2PKww/#

Just matched it up, yep it's the official video that NIN posted for live on stage 2009 here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIaStcriBA8

So, I am assuming that is a hint that Burn is on the setlist as well?

See what I mean about I want something new and different other than the regulars? Frankly, i'm pretty bored of Burn live.

How is this a "reinvented/reconstructed" tour? so far it seems like he's just playing regular rock songs...

I'd be satisfied with any of the following:

The Perfect Drug
Underneath It all
Ripe (With Decay)
All The Love In The World
Sunspots
Where Is Everybody?
Demon Seed
Zero-Sum
At The Heart Of It All
I'm Looking Forward To Joining You, Finally
And All That Could Have Been

Why does it seem like all the best songs are never played live?? OR... are they only the BEST songs because we don't hear them as much so we aren't as tired of them as the others? Hmm...

Others i'd like to see show up that are from the obscure list would be:

WITT
The Great Below
Happiness In Slavery
Ringfinger
10 Miles High
The Mark has Been Made
Meet Your Master
Pilgrimage
That's What I Get

If even just 3 of those from either list show up, i'll be happy!

WorzelG
05-09-2013, 02:35 AM
^^^^
some of us are not American, never saw LITS and have never heard The Warning live.

Personally I'd love to hear Vessel, but with Ilan playing proper drums. I don't know if it can be done, but the live versions I've seen seem to be lacking a bit of oomph in the drums

jessamineny
05-09-2013, 06:29 AM
I think I'll just be happy to see my favorite live band live again...

11. weeks. of. rehearsals.

11 WEEKS.

BenAkenobi
05-09-2013, 06:55 AM
I sure hope ManBurning will get a song or two of his dreams. Just so i don't get to read a topic with 3 (three) words "sick" in one posting.

My wish is they no longer open Only with guitar riff, always felt like they killed the song by omitting the drumming as on album

sheepdean
05-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Remember: not everyone who goes to a NIN show is as crazy as us. Playing only unplayed songs might be cool, but the average fan still wants Wish/Closer/Hurt/Only etc.

I do hope we get some Ghosts in Europe though, such a ripe album to choose from.

Vertigo
05-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Remember: not everyone who goes to a NIN show is as crazy as us. Playing only unplayed songs might be cool, but the average fan still wants Wish/Closer/Hurt/Only etc.

I do hope we get some Ghosts in Europe though, such a ripe album to choose from.

The Ghosts tracks do take on a very different vibe when played live - I can barely stand listening to it as a continuous album, but love the interpretations played as interludes in live performances. Especially when accompanied by instrumentals from other albums.

somewhat_
05-09-2013, 10:33 AM
So, when are these U.S. arena dates going to be announced? Do we think they are waiting until the new track drops on June 6?

Krazy
05-09-2013, 01:41 PM
So, when are these U.S. arena dates going to be announced? Do we think they are waiting until the new track drops on June 6?

New track on June 6th- did I miss something?...

jessamineny
05-09-2013, 02:32 PM
New track on June 6th- did I miss something?...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1339-NIN-Spotting-2013?p=84575#post84575

blugel
05-09-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1339-NIN-Spotting-2013?p=84575#post84575

WOW!

new track with tour announcement, please!!

sheepdean
05-09-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll believe a new NIN song is coming when P4K announce a new negative rating system.

botley
05-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Ilan's lovely NIN rehearsal drumkit: http://Instagram.com/p/ZHDFabPK6p/

I also see a gtr/keyboard set up in the back... Josh Eustis's?

tucker973
05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
See what I mean about I want something new and different other than the regulars? Frankly, i'm pretty sick of Burn live.

Boo hoo. Frankly, I hope they play Burn three times in every set every night of the tour. I love that fucking song live. No offense (that means I'm about to say something offensive, right?), but I really REALLY hate setlist snobs. I guess I feel like people like that should head over to a DMB or Phish board.

Sick of songs from one of our favorite bands... I hope I never become that jaded. I've been to nearly two dozen shows over the last 20 years (a drop in the pond compared to some of you, to be fair), and I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a moment of it. Just my two cents... I swear I try to be a pretty joyless motherfucker most of the time, but saying I'm "sick" of a NIN song live would be one of the last things I'd ever consider saying.

To each his/her own, though!

ManBurning
05-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Boo hoo. Frankly, I hope they play Burn three times in every set every night of the tour. I love that fucking song live. No offense (that means I'm about to say something offensive, right?), but I really REALLY hate setlist snobs. I guess I feel like people like that should head over to a DMB or Phish board.

Sick of songs from one of our favorite bands... I hope I never become that jaded. I've been to nearly two dozen shows over the last 20 years (a drop in the pond compared to some of you, to be fair), and I don't think I've ever been disappointed by a moment of it. Just my two cents... I swear I try to be a pretty joyless motherfucker most of the time, but saying I'm "sick" of a NIN song live would be one of the last things I'd ever consider saying.

To each his/her own, though!

As someone who attends multiple shows, you must get tired of hearing certain songs every time though. Hurt, Closer, HLAH to name a few. I can't listen to any of those songs ever again, if they pop up on a playlist, i skip them, or sometimes even flat out remove them from a playlist. If it's a live show I am playing, i'll completly nix it from the list.

There must be songs of NIN you don't like, or cringe when you hear them. Closer is one of those songs for me, and if I cringe when I hear it, I can just imagine how it is for Trent having to play it live. I mean, it shows, as he actually started to scrap Closer from the setlist during the NIN/JA run. He never played it at the Wiltern or Henry Fonda shows, or many of the other shows on that tour for that fact. And he even stated in an interview when he reconnects with friends back home who have familys and stuff and he said "I think to myself, what had I accomplished in the last 10 years, I played HLAH over 700 times". To me, that there shows he is kind of bored of playing that song live as well.

It's not so much the generic setlist songs that piss me off like Burn and The Warning, it's when the man specificly hypes the tour up with his own words by saying this will be a whole re-imagining of NIN. That gets me excited, but when I see the same songs as previous tours popup as "hints" that doesn't give me that reassuing feeling this tour is going to be the "deconstructed" tour he is talking about.

here's the quote:

"The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format"

Upon reading this, I immediatly get the impression we are in for a brand new setlist, stuff that has never been played live before. Maybe even the attempt to try and play remixes live from YZR, Further Down The spiral and Things Falling Apart. How kick ass would that be?

Just imagine a completly new setlist composing of songs that A) have never been played live B) are deconstructed alternate versions of classics and C) remixed songs (B & C could technically be thrown together in the same category).

If you have been to as many shows as you said you have, then you would be open to the idea of a completly revamped new set without the same songs that have been played over and over throughout the last decade.

I'll still hit up as many shows as I financially am capable of this fall just because this is my favourite band of all time, and as a fan I am not afraid to admit I don't like every single song Trent has done in his career...*gasp* I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody is going to like every single song from an artist!

But in your words, To each his/her own!

BenAkenobi
05-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Funny how you particularly mention Burn, the song which has undergone more changes in its live incarnation than the other so-called "staples".

ensanchecedor
05-10-2013, 05:23 AM
I'm not sure whether there is a post already about it or not but we could start with our assumptions on the songs that will make the setlist, those 45 songs adrian mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

In my opinion the only songs to have their spot granted are wish, burn, gave up, the frail, the wretched and hurt. what do you think?

witte
05-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Ilan's lovely NIN rehearsal drumkit: http://Instagram.com/p/ZHDFabPK6p/

I also see a gtr/keyboard set up in the back... Josh Eustis's?

....that second drum set up on the right. bigger bas drum. 'the fragile'

Hazekiah
05-10-2013, 05:41 AM
"The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format"

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1954/t-shirt_unequal-front.jpg

We are in for a brand new setlist, stuff that has never been played live before. Maybe even the attempt to try and play remixes live from YZR, Further Down The spiral and Things Falling Apart

ensanchecedor
05-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I was thinking, that would be awesome if they played the great below live during this tour. And that would get better if trent introduced the band members and last but not least "the great belew" and then all faded to great below, lol.

r_z
05-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I still don't get if "deconstruct" means figuring out how to play the usual songs with different band members or if they're going to actually deconstruct them in a "With Teeth-era radio shows w/ P. Murphy" kind of way (which would be awesome). While the latter would still offer them the chance to actually re-imagine the songs/band, shut up and play the hits, I'm afraid they'll go for the usual routine and play it safe.
I'm still not sure how to feel about the whole thing though... especially as Trent sold us the hiatus as him being tired of putting himself back into the mindset of a guy on drugs singing songs about misery and depression. Just now to return singing old songs by a guy on drugs, who wrote about misery and depression.

jessamineny
05-10-2013, 07:15 AM
After seeing the mindblowing things they did with the HTDA tour, and knowing that at one time they were designing that for only Coachella, there's no way TR will construct anything that resembles a business-as-usual NIN tour. He's thinking big. (And in the grand scheme of things, you aren't going to give a shit if it includes "Head Like a Hole" every night.)