PDA

View Full Version : Coachella 2013

gorny540
01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
HDTA first announced live performance Friday April 12 and 19 at Coachella

gorast
01-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Second line billing, not too bad.

I sure hope someone gets a decent recording of the set, 'cause there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to go to Coachella.

sheepdean
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
I wonder if this will be their first show?
Either way, tapers at the ready

ManBurning
01-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Guess we can rule out the possibilty of NIN returning to stage in 2013. Guess I can change my vacation now. Had the week after Coachella booked off in case NIN was announced at the festival and did their own run of dates after the festival.

I didn't want a week off in April anyway, have too many things going on in July that i'd rather use the vacation time for, so this necesscarily isn't a bad thing!

Jinsai
01-24-2013, 11:08 PM
the lineup besides is actually pretty great. Stone Roses, Nick Cave, Sigur Ros, New Order, Wu Tang, Grinderman, Beach House, Lou Reed, Johnny Marr, Aesop Rock, Dead Can Dance, James Blake, Tame Impala, Spiritualized, El-P, Stars, Puscifer, Dinosaur Jr, Four Tet, Richie Hawtin... yeah, I'm going

ManBurning
01-24-2013, 11:10 PM
the lineup besides is actually pretty great. Stone Roses, Nick Cave, Sigur Ros, New Order, Wu Tang, Grinderman, Beach House, Lou Reed, Johnny Marr, Aesop Rock, Dead Can Dance, James Blake, Tame Impala, Spiritualized, El-P, Stars, Puscifer, Dinosaur Jr, Four Tet, Richie Hawtin... yeah, I'm going

Puscifer was on there?? I should give it another look, didn't see them! Did see The Faint though, and they're awesome.

sheepdean
01-24-2013, 11:15 PM
Is Coachella one of those festivals that does livestreams on things like YouTube?

butter_hole
01-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Is Coachella one of those festivals that does livestreams on things like YouTube?
they were last year

eversonpoe
01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Nick Cave...Grinderman

interesting that both bands are playing the same festival, since one band is basically a miniature version of the other.

butter_hole
01-24-2013, 11:29 PM
interesting to note that MQ just said this will be their live DEBUT

so there won't be any shows prior to this.

ManBurning
01-24-2013, 11:31 PM
interesting that both bands are playing the same festival, since one band is basically a miniature version of the other.

Almost the same thing happened last summer at the River's Edge Music festival in St Paul, MN. But with Tool and Puscifer.
Tool played one night (June 23) and Puscifer played the next night (June 24).

Rdm
01-25-2013, 12:04 AM
Horrible lineup. San Franchello here I come I already have emancipator, sigur ros tickets, now I'm getting nick cave and of course my nigga Trent other than that this festival peaked at 2010.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Best lineup in years, the undercard is stacked, and they got rid of the tons of shitty EDM music that plugged the fest recently.

But yeah, I'm not seeing HTDA unless there's absolutely nobody else playing and I happen not to be hungry.

Jinsai
01-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Horrible lineup. San Franchello here I come I already have emancipator, sigur ros tickets, now I'm getting nick cave and of course my nigga Trent other than that this festival peaked at 2010.

I respectfully disagree. Maybe it's because I'm a huge fan of them all, but no festival featuring Nick Cave (and his supposedly defunct side project), Dead Can Dance, reunited Stone Roses, and New Order on the lineup is by any stretch "horrible." Fuck, at this point, I'm sold on Nick Cave and Grinderman alone.

Also, the best lineup this festival has seen was probably 2004, with Radiohead following a reunited Pixes (before Kraftwerk).

And regarding the Nick Cave + Grinderman thing, it happens, especially when the festival requires all bands to play two weeks in a row. I went to Coachella the first year, and Perfect Circle played the first day and Tool headlined the second. Jamie XX is playing day 2 as well alongside XX playing (not that it really floats my boat either way, but it makes sense).

I would argue with Kid C that this festival is still bullshit with regards to the electronic lineup, but maybe I'm in the minority there. It's great that we get Richie Hawtin again, and I like a lot of the other acts billed, but they could do a lot better. fuck Infected Mushroom (fuck them so very very much). Their presence hurts. They are so fucking lame. IM now is about as cool as LMFAO.

They've improved since lately, but the first year Mu-Ziq and Autechre were on the bill... I miss that kind of greatness on the electronic lineup.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Violent Femmes on this motherfucker! Surprised at no Deerhunter or Clinic, both are at Austin Psych Fest in late April, thought they'd be a lock.

butter_hole
01-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Best lineup in years, the undercard is stacked, and they got rid of the tons of shitty EDM music that plugged the fest recently.

But yeah, I'm not seeing HTDA unless there's absolutely nobody else playing and I happen not to be hungry.
get a load of THIS guy

witte
01-25-2013, 02:31 AM
Wow, hopefully an extra club show in LA during that week.
Primar thoughts to make the trip...

The rest of the line up is awesome.

WorzelG
01-25-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't know anything about Coachella. Are they on at night or inside ? Otherwise it seems bizarre for a band with emphasis on visuals to play a festival

Jinsai
01-25-2013, 03:02 AM
emphasis on visuals? every band is "emphasis on the music," even if the visuals help

WorzelG
01-25-2013, 04:32 AM
emphasis on visuals? every band is "emphasis on the music," even if the visuals help
Emphasis is probably the wrong word, what I mean is visuals are important enough to warrant Rob Sheridan being part of the band or collective, why debut somewhere where they'll get lost in daylight? (which is why I asked whether they were performing inside or at night when that opinion will be moot)

jessamineny
01-25-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't know anything about Coachella. Are they on at night or inside ? Otherwise it seems bizarre for a band with emphasis on visuals to play a festival

The appearances at this festival will bankroll their tour. That's what you need to know. :)

But seriously... I would guess that, based on their placement on the lineup poster, they'll be in daylight on an outside stage on in one of the tents. (Supposedly the tents hold 3,000, 7,000 and 15,000 people.) But whatever the case, they'll get a big, diverse audience.

Deepvoid
01-25-2013, 08:05 AM
I agree that it will most likely during daylight. It will be interesting to set how they do in a festival context. People can be disinterested by something pretty fast.

snaapz
01-25-2013, 08:49 AM
J5 would be great to see live... been years since double clicked their MP3. Oakenfold is decent too!

PUSCIFER & HTDA FUCK YEA; get TR on stage for potions. I'm not a HUGE TOOL fan but Puscifer hit me the right way and I can't get enough of V, C & Conditions... when I 1st heard 'Vagina Mine' my mind melted.... anyways that's off topic.

I'm eagerly waiting to see & feel more of HTDA. Ice Age & The Loop Closes video was revealing. Also interested to see how they are onstage. How much automation, live istruments, keyboards? I'm gathering a lot of the mod synth stuff will be live... background synth can be auto. Will Atticus/Sheridan focus on percs or will that be automated too?

It's a high energy show so let's see what their set list is like & how much time they get. I'll be getting married that weekend so I guess my fiancées wish of having TR play 'Eyes without a face' at our ceremony is out of the question...

eversonpoe
01-25-2013, 09:07 AM
Emphasis is probably the wrong word, what I mean is visuals are important enough to warrant Rob Sheridan being part of the band or collective, why debut somewhere where they'll get lost in daylight? (which is why I asked whether they were performing inside or at night when that opinion will be moot)

well, as we've seen from the videos, it's likely that rob will have more of a musical role live, even if that wasn't the case during the actual recording process.

dominik
01-25-2013, 09:49 AM
I guess Trent has enough experience to make this an awesome gig, even if it is in daylight.

sheepdean
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Are you guys all fucking vampires or something, who cares what time of day it is

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
They're billed third line, so they'll either be in a tent at night, or on a stage during the late afternoon. Schedules aren't usually announced till a day or two before it. If anything, they'll be on the Outdoor Theater which always has the best acts but has the worst fucking sound of any stage. Surprised they're billed before Passion Shit.

Shnoorum
01-25-2013, 10:40 AM
This news means nothing to me seeing as I absolutely cannot make Coachella in a million years but seeing as it's a festival that puts more emphasis on Modest Mouse than HTDA I have no doubt in my mind that this is not the festival for me. I just cross my fingers a relatively decent quality video appears and they tour my direction

jessamineny
01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Are you guys all fucking vampires or something, who cares what time of day it is

Uhhh, I don't think anybody here (so far) "cares." WorzelG brought it up because the rumor/assumption is that the band will be highly visual live, and daylight fucks with visuals.

Deepvoid
01-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Everybody cares I think. Vibe of a shows is always better when it's dark. That is scientifically proven! :)

Jinsai
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
This news means nothing to me seeing as I absolutely cannot make Coachella in a million years but seeing as it's a festival that puts more emphasis on Modest Mouse than HTDA I have no doubt in my mind that this is not the festival for me. I just cross my fingers a relatively decent quality video appears and they tour my direction

If I were running the festival, I'd put Modest Mouse on the billing above How to Destroy Angels as well. That's a no brainer. The only reason HtDA is getting such a high spot on the bill is because it's the debut of Reznor's new band live. Outside of a fairly small (but very hardcore) group of fans, nobody knows any of their music, and most people don't even know who they are.

Modest Mouse is a huge band. Even if I don't like anything they've done since The Moon and Antarctic, their first two albums are still awesome.

Rest assured, if it was Nine Inch Nails on the bill, they'd be listed as a headliner... probably even above New Order... which might be something some people would be legitimately sad about.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2013, 02:12 PM
HTDA are billed above Band of Horses, does anyone not remember "The Funeral"?

butter_hole
01-25-2013, 04:21 PM
This exact conversation is going to happen at least 8,000 times every Friday:

"Dude, bruh, who the fuhccckk is How to Destroy Angels bruh"

"Well Tyrone, its Trent Reznors new band"

And then they'll go see someone else instead, because festivals aren't a good place to gamble on seeing new artists. I guess it depends how big the album is?

simonn
01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
I guess Trent has enough experience to make this an awesome gig, even if it is in daylight.

He played Sonisphere UK in broad daylight, mainly slower music or album tracks, and it was one of the greatest gigs/experiences of my life. Lights In The Sky got me teary in broad daylight...nuff said.

gorny540
01-25-2013, 07:12 PM
Although it is almost silly to speculate I would firmly believe HDTA will have a "headlining" timeslot on a side stage/tent so they can play at night, don't see Trent going on the mainstage at 2 pm...

FernandoDante
01-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Yeah, and I bet HTDA's concert won't air.

Dra508
01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
I predict Mojave tent at 5 or 6pm. I predict I will have to drag my brother kicking and screaming.

ItsJustDave
01-25-2013, 11:12 PM
don't see Trent going on the mainstage at 2 pm...

This is pretty much what he did for the first Lollapalooza tour.

Kid Charlemagne
01-25-2013, 11:59 PM
I predict Mojave tent at 5 or 6pm. I predict I will have to drag my brother kicking and screaming.You and J are on your own.

Jinsai
01-26-2013, 12:02 AM
This is pretty much what he did for the first Lollapalooza tour.

Yeah, but back then nobody knew who he was. I don't mind either way, but since it's the first day, I'd prefer it if they came on later in the day because I'm not sure how early I'm going to be able to get there on Friday. Short of that, just don't put them on stage the same time as Grinderman.

richardp
01-26-2013, 12:15 AM
HTDA are billed above Band of Horses, does anyone not remember "The Funeral"?

I'm sure they do, but Band Of Horses has been so godawful for quite some time now to the point where I think that a lot of people probably just don't give a shit anymore.

Kid Charlemagne
01-26-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm sure they do, but Band Of Horses has been so godawful for quite some time now to the point where I think that a lot of people probably just don't give a shit anymore.

Yeah, I was fucking around hehe, those past two BoH albums were almost like Kings of Leon albums. I say HTDA play at sunset, 8 PM at best,but they'll go against the likes of Modest Mouse or Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Christo
01-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Already creating my "CAPITALISE YOUR FUCKING NAME" banner.

ItsJustDave
01-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah, but back then nobody knew who he was. I don't mind either way, but since it's the first day, I'd prefer it if they came on later in the day because I'm not sure how early I'm going to be able to get there on Friday. Short of that, just don't put them on stage the same time as Grinderman.

And now...

Outside of a fairly small (but very hardcore) group of fans, nobody knows any of their music, and most people don't even know who they are.

See my point?

Dra508
01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
You and J are on your own.

If there are no major conflicts you'll be there with us. Come on, you, me, Josh H and Tim Roth.

JamesCmuse
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
I might actually be able to make this, I should be in the New York around this time and I do have a lot of savings that I would not mind spending. Would be very handy to get a flight from there as opposed to a flight from Ireland. Great line up! No decent festivals over here apart from maybe Electric Picnic, but at times they also overdid the whole EDM bullshit. Who knows?

richardp
01-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, I was fucking around hehe, those past two BoH albums were almost like Kings of Leon albums. I say HTDA play at sunset, 8 PM at best,but they'll go against the likes of Modest Mouse or Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

Yeah I don't necessarily see HTDA going on last, but definitely at night just because Trent has that kind of pull. I can see HTDA having an unexpected huge audience.

theimage13
01-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Surprised they're billed before Passion Pit.

Why is that surprising? Passion Pit have done their own touring and get major radio airplay. I've heard HDTA on the radio once, and it was on a weekly niche show.

Jinsai
01-27-2013, 01:07 AM
And now...

See my point?

Well, it is a little unexpected that this announcement hasn't generated more discussion on this board of all places.

Kid Charlemagne
01-27-2013, 01:10 AM
Why is that surprising? Passion Pit have done their own touring and get major radio airplay. I've heard HDTA on the radio once, and it was on a weekly niche show.

Percisely why. Passion Pit are fucking everywhere. HTDA aren't.

Though, I could go all day discussing the placement on the poster. Portugal The Man is billed above...2Chainz.

kenthebear
01-27-2013, 05:41 AM
well if he wants to get billed higher maybe he should pick up another chain!!! 2 is not enough for the fast-paced world of today, i can see that anywhere

WRG
01-27-2013, 06:52 PM
Best use some songs that are more than practically instrumentals. People get bored of slow stuff at a festival.

Max Leo
01-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Best use some songs that are more than practically instrumentals. People get bored of slow stuff at a festival.
Can't wait to see Trent's reaction when someone in the crowd asks them to play "Head Like a Hole" in the middle of their set. xD

sheepdean
01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
"play fuck you like an animal"

Kid Charlemagne
01-28-2013, 11:58 AM

Depends on the crowd and group, Godspeed You! Black Emperor played last year and they absolutely captivated the crowd.

Paul
04-12-2013, 07:36 PM
So, there's this:
http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/47794731822/tonight-just-after-midnight-pst-watch-our-full

Being on the east coast and all I don't think I'll be up past 3AM tonight to watch (although if there ever were a time it was worth it, this would be it). So, anyone know of a way to capture this or see a replay or something?

-Paul

gorast
04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
So, there's this:
http://blog.destroyangels.com/post/47794731822/tonight-just-after-midnight-pst-watch-our-full

Being on the east coast and all I don't think I'll be up past 3AM tonight to watch (although if there ever were a time it was worth it, this would be it). So, anyone know of a way to capture this or see a replay or something?

-Paul
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/1457-2013-04-12-Indio-CA-Coachella?p=79970#post79970

Paul
04-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Thanks. So my first post since the ETS EMP wiped everything away, and it's asking a duplicate question, almost word-for-word. Awesome :-)

Fragilicity
04-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Im done waiting. Lets go

fillow
04-13-2013, 01:59 AM
It's 10 AM here where I am, I'm all woke up and ready to watch. Come on.

sukey
04-13-2013, 02:16 AM
This light show is awesome. Q sounds good too and I love her dress. Sad this isn't coming to Europe.

fillow
04-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Is it the sound mix, or Ice Age doesn't sound that good live? (Instruments, not vocals)

Welcome Oblivion, holy shit!!

sukey
04-13-2013, 02:48 AM
The Spaces In Between is so churning and industrial live. Damn.

Zipfinator
04-13-2013, 02:53 AM
The Spaces In Between is so churning and industrial live. Damn.

It's Ally's remix that wasn't ever released.

fillow
04-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Keeping fingers crossed for IYLSE encore... though the set list has been identical to Pomona so far

Fixer808
04-13-2013, 03:07 AM
Got to the stream in time for the last song. SO MANY AWESOME.

Magtig
04-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Man, I saw the Pomona gig just a day or two ago, and I wound up watching (almost) their entire set again tonight on youtube. Fucking awesome! I think playing live is going to wind up being important in the development of this band. It's nice to see Mariqueen really letting loose on the vocals.

dlb
04-13-2013, 03:28 AM
I've seen alot of bands in the past years, many well known, others not so much and some just starting out, but the sheer perfection, music and production wise, that artists like Trent and Co put on the stage baffles me each and everytime. The moment that the space in between remix really kicks in is just magical and it sent a feeling down my spine which I don't get too often when seeing a band play, wether it's live or recorded. What is this witchcraft?

GoodSoldier333
04-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Fucking awesome. Almost like i was there and paid money (only i wasn't, and i didn't). It's win win.

Trunkjob
04-13-2013, 03:35 AM
Absolutely excellent show. This just makes me even more jealous that they don't have a tour stop near me.

The Reason Being
04-13-2013, 03:44 AM
Yeah that was fucking awesome, worth getting up at 7am for. Mariqueen seemed a bit stiff and frozen at Pamona but she's really letting loose here. Good stuff.

thelastdisciple
04-13-2013, 04:08 AM
Well if Q seemed frozen during Ice Age.... i mean i could sort of understand that a bit :P

I hope someone was able to get the 1080P feed ripped, I'd so love to watch this one the TV.

I could only watch in 480P on my shitty laptop.

Presideo
04-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Is it the sound mix, or Ice Age doesn't sound that good live? (Instruments, not vocals)
Yeah, that song was the worst of the bunch live. The music was too subtle/thin, though Mariqueen did an adequate job on vocals. As for her being stiff...she was covered in a sea of curtains and lights for most of the show. I never expected her to suddenly become Freddie Mercury once she took center stage during 'Ice Age'. Other than a few moments from Reznor on guitar, she was the liveliest member on stage (as a frontwomen should be.)

I thought it was a good performance overall. No big surprises - the visuals looked like an updated version of some of the W_T production, which was a good route to take for this project. I certainly wasn't expecting anything near 'Lights in the Sky' caliber visuals, though I was impressed with what they were able to pull off. 'The Loop Closes' was definitely the standout for me. The studio version doesn't impress me at all, but it sounds a lot more purposeful and fun when played live.

konkelo
04-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Is the show up somewhere? I missed the broadcast unfortunately. There were alot of other bands that I'd like to see so hopefully the shows will be available somewhere later.

arsenic
04-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Is the show up somewhere? I missed the broadcast unfortunately. There were alot of other bands that I'd like to see so hopefully the shows will be available somewhere later.

right now the show is still available for streaming here http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella?v=A7KTWdBoru0&t=8h55m31s
but I believe it won't be for long.

konkelo
04-13-2013, 05:24 AM
right now the show is still available for streaming here http://www.youtube.com/user/coachella?v=A7KTWdBoru0&t=8h55m31s

Yeah I'm watching it now! Thanks! Great to see Jello Biafra & Sparks shows too :)

theimage13
04-13-2013, 07:12 AM
@cynicmuse (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=157) and myself are recording it, so people will be able to watch it later on.

Looking forward to a link when it's ready!

konkelo
04-13-2013, 07:24 AM
^ Me too! Hopefully you'll be able to het it in hd because the stream doesn't work well in hd for me. An audio rip would be much appreciated as well.

E: Oh and the visuals are just mezmerizing!

dlb
04-13-2013, 08:34 AM
I can only rip the sound, but for some odd reason it jumped back to 360p although I had it on 1080p and left the computer doing its thing while it recorded, so absolutely no interaction on my part. I'm trying to get it at 1080p within the next hour.

Unfortunately I had no chance to capture the video and it even stopped every 15 to 30 seconds for a blink of an eye while the sound kept going. Strange...

How come it's so hard to rip something off the internet these days? :D

Ash512
04-13-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm ripping it right now.... quality won't be perfect but watchable... I've had a few glitches during Keep it together but other than that the stream is pretty stable.

SM Rollinger
04-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Nice!

RITC claims on their homepage that their going to have the video available eventually also.

downward
04-13-2013, 09:11 AM
The audio rip is up at ZOMB torrents

SM Rollinger
04-13-2013, 09:21 AM
ZOMB? im not familar with that, what is it? link plz

I just checked TPB and there isnt anything there yet either.

edit: thanks yahoo, i found it. registering now

Ax Mr. L
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I didn't have any problems with ripping the stream, but I'm having problems encoding it so I'm not sure if I'm able to share it. Anyway, I have the audio rip almost ready (still have to upload it somewhere) and I tried mastering the audio, so if anyone wants it hit me with a PM or is it allowed to post the link here when it's ready.

EDIT: forgot mention, the audio rip is from the 1080p stream.

EDIT2: Link to the Audio rip:http://db.tt/EctQuyu6

SM Rollinger
04-13-2013, 10:22 AM
edit Reznor2112 has a better version

Scarlet Siren
04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I'm watching it now.

My mind is blown. A real damn shame this tour won't be going outwith the US... yet. Incredible.

Reznor2112
04-13-2013, 11:51 AM
For anyone that wants CD art here is my go at it. Be gentle. Not good at this.

http://s11.postimg.org/a0ncbmjof/HTDA_live_1.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/a0ncbmjof/) http://s11.postimg.org/nvlmu3e3j/HTDA_live_2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/nvlmu3e3j/)

Here is the link to full size
http://postimg.org/image/a0ncbmjof/
http://postimg.org/image/nvlmu3e3j/

Jeff Lenton
04-13-2013, 12:28 PM
Hopefully a full HD video rip will be sorted from the current stream posted on the HTDA Facebook page earlier!!

Huge Bone
04-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Just watched the rebroadcast. Best song for me was BBB. My favorite moment was Mariqueen dancing on The Loop Closes. Holly molly that woman is perfect!

Awesome show, awesome visuals. Now I might just have to go to Toronto to see them.

Frozen Beach
04-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah, Mariqueen dancing to the music might be one of the hottest things I've ever seen.

Reznor2112
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Full live show. (Audio from SM Rollinger) but with some minor volume tweaks Plus artwork.

NOTE For some reason the track order wont stay, so when you put them in iTunes, just tag each track with its respective track number.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xb4u175d9gvb1b3/QHzg8wSKI6

or here is the master that @Ax Mr. L (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=333) did, his cover is way better than my two
http://db.tt/EctQuyu6

Blu ray art. @Ax Mr. L (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=333)did the front part, it is the cd cover he did up converted and i did the spine and back enjoy.

UPDATED ART WITH PROPER TRACK TITLES
Updated Artwork and Blu ray disc cover.
http://postimg.org/image/ylls6cvr1/
http://postimg.org/image/3soh21ry5/

DigitalChaos
04-13-2013, 09:48 PM
aaaand now this is private :(

DigitalChaos
04-14-2013, 02:27 AM
Audio and video are up here: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130412.html

BRoswell
04-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Really impressed with the show. I think some songs worked better than others (I thought Ice Age would be more interesting. How Long? was pretty much MADE for a live show though.), but overall I loved it, and I loved hearing new takes on songs I've grown to love.

I will say this: I would have much rather seen The Space In Between performed more like it was on the EP rather than Alessandro's remixed version. It's a great remix, and I'd love to hear a proper version, but it didn't quite work for me live. It wasn't bad by any means, but I think the original version would have translated better live.

Presideo
04-14-2013, 03:49 AM
I wish they would have used the Soft Moon's remix of 'Ice Age' - they personally requested the multitracks/stems from their remix, right?

I also like their use of Cortini's remix of 'The Space in Between'. It packed a nice punch and gave the fans a bonus (though the original would have been great to hear live as well)

ninjaw
04-14-2013, 04:19 AM
I packed 2 subtitles and three versions of a chapter file to convert the TS file from RITC to MKV or something else
htda2013-04-12.pro.webcast.0.720p.SubsAndChapters.zip (http://ninfrance.free.fr/soustitre/htda2013-04-12.pro.webcast.0.720p.SubsAndChapters.zip)
This won't touch quality at all, but will produce a far more friendly file.

Quick instructions:
-Download and launch freeware MKVmergeGUI from MKVtoolnix (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/MKVtoolnix)
-Drag and drop subtitles and ts files in the source files aera
-Add language option and/or forced on subtitles if needed
-Chapters don't go on this tab or even in the chapter menu or chapter editor tab, don't go there
-Open Global tab, go down to chapter file and pick any of the 3 chapter files provided
-Start to mux !

Same thing is available for the closure downloadable on vimeo : Closure_chapters_and_subs.zip (http://ninfrance.free.fr/soustitre/Closure_chapters_and_subs.zip)

Here's sources :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><chapterInfo xml:lang="eng" version="3" xmlns="http://jvance.com/2008/ChapterGrabber">
<title>How to destroy angels - Live Coachella 2013</title>
<source>
<name></name>
<hash></hash>
<fps>30</fps>
<duration>00:00:00</duration>
</source>
<chapters>
<chapter time="00:00:00" name="the wake-up" />
<chapter time="00:01:55" name="keep it together" />
<chapter time="00:06:19" name="parasite" />
<chapter time="00:11:26" name="and the sky began to scream" />
<chapter time="00:15:47" name="ice age" />
<chapter time="00:22:30" name="the believers" />
<chapter time="00:29:02" name="how long?" />
<chapter time="00:33:06" name="welcome oblivion" />
<chapter time="00:36:40" name="bbb" />
<chapter time="00:40:36" name="between the spaces" />
<chapter time="00:44:38" name="fur-lined" />
<chapter time="00:48:47" name="the loop closes" />
<chapter time="00:53:38" name="a drowning" />
</chapters>
</chapterInfo>

00:53:08,123 --> 00:53:08,637
Thank you.

00:53:09,645 --> 00:53:11,179
Thank you so much.

00:53:25,801 --> 00:53:29,684
We had a great time,
playing for you guys.

00:53:30,275 --> 00:53:33,083
I hope you had
as much fun as we had.

00:53:33,558 --> 00:53:36,577
We've got one more for you.
Thank you.

otnavuskire
04-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Audio and video are up here: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130412.html

Could someone upload this video to Pirate Bay? It's difficult for me to download files that big directly on my current internet connection.

Reznor2112
04-14-2013, 08:05 AM
I thought someone had a full 1080p version they said they ripped.

theimage13
04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Could someone upload this video to Pirate Bay? It's difficult for me to download files that big directly on my current internet connection.

Much as I'd love to help, I can't really do that for just the opposite reason - we don't have an ISP that offers upload speeds above ONE Mbps, so starting a torrent is impossible. That said, I'm curious as to why a torrent would be better than a direct download if your download speed is an issue?

otnavuskire
04-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Much as I'd love to help, I can't really do that for just the opposite reason - we don't have an ISP that offers upload speeds above ONE Mbps, so starting a torrent is impossible. That said, I'm curious as to why a torrent would be better than a direct download if your download speed is an issue?

It's not the speed, as much as it's the connection. I just moved into a place with a pretty bad DSL connection, which drops out frequently. So a direct download finishes part way, and then dies when the internet does too.

eversonpoe
04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
It's not the speed, as much as it's the connection. I just moved into a place with a pretty bad DSL connection, which drops out frequently. So a direct download finishes part way, and then dies when the internet does too.

but your browser should be smart enough to pick the DL back up once the connection resumes, no?

otnavuskire
04-14-2013, 10:32 AM
but your browser should be smart enough to pick the DL back up once the connection resumes, no?

Nope. It doesn't. Either way, torrents are still a more efficient way of downloading.

Avarik
04-14-2013, 11:55 AM

Last time I used FireFox, I used an add-on that let me resume files that got interrupted.

Chrome can do it by default but it's janky.

DigitalChaos
04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
if nobody else does it, I will make it happen. I am waiting to see if the 1080p version shows up. There are some glitches in this rip (at least VLC played it back that way). The .ts file kind of sucks too. I'd probably transcode it for ease of use.

I'm glad this showed up though. I didn't have enough time to get a rip. All my normal tools failed to copy.

scorpiusdiamond
04-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Trent drops an IFP (Improper Fuck Placement) in The Sky Begins to Scream
"I will, tear it down, the fucking ground..."

k258
04-14-2013, 03:05 PM
I set my alarm for 3 am to watch from the east coast. I thought the show did a great job of visually representing what the band is. For me, there is a dichotomy between the musical and vocal aspects of the band's sound. Q's lovely, delicate vocals over the edgy electronics don't for me, create a pleasing juxtaposition. I enjoyed Q best with a shimmy and a screech. The dress brought to mind Florence Welch and the exuberance of her physical expression of the music. But it seems possible that the band might be going for a static physical tableau brought to life with lighting, similar to the Ghosts portion of LITS. Or maybe they were restrained by nerves. Or both.

I wish them success. I hope that the juxtaposition that doesn't work for me works for many, many others and that all the venues on their tour sell out. I hope that someday I get to see Q rock her ass off and sing her guts out, like TR does. But if that's not what they want to do, I'll understand. There's still NIN.

jaypayton
04-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Im surprised to see so many NIN fans are going crazy for HTDA...Personally, as much as I love NIN and TR, HTDA does nothing for me. I get the feeling most people just get into this just for Trent, but you do realize TR is not the focal point of this band and is mostly in the background...its a watered down Massive Attack style band...wait 3 months and we will have NIN touring again and HTDA will be a distant memory

gorast
04-14-2013, 03:56 PM
Im surprised to see so many NIN fans are going crazy for HTDA...Personally, as much as I love NIN and TR, HTDA does nothing for me. I get the feeling most people just get into this just for Trent, but you do realize TR is not the focal point of this band and is mostly in the background...its a watered down Massive Attack style band...wait 3 months and we will have NIN touring again and HTDA will be a distant memory
I'm pretty sure we realize Trent isn't the focal point, which invalidates your attempt at rationalizing why people like HTDA, so you lose.

sheepdean
04-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Man it'd be hilarious if NIN's lineup was announced with Q on lead vocals just to watch the bitchy fangirls crying

jaypayton
04-14-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure we realize Trent isn't the focal point, which invalidates your attempt at rationalizing why people like HTDA, so you lose.
I know people who went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album...and they also said a lot of the crowd were just screaming for TR...so that validates my point

jessamineny
04-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Oh shit. You know people. That changes my whole perspective.

Damion
04-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Loved the show for the most part!

The Believers felt like a trainwreck timing wise to me (Which makes me sad as it's one of my favorite songs)
I hope they iron that out any issues they may have been having.

Everything else was very nice though!

BRoswell
04-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not hearing the issue that everyone else is hearing with The Believers. There's a point near the beginning of the song where the timing was off, but it sounded fine to me after that.

gorast
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm not hearing the issue that everyone else is hearing with The Believers. There's a point near the beginning of the song where the timing was off, but it sounded fine to me after that.
The funny thing is that when I watch the stream, the issue doesn't happen, but when I'm just listening to it, the beat seems to shift for a while until I make myself hear it 'properly'. I guess it's just a case-by-case thing.

danzo_rezno
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
OMG I just watched, my eyes!
That was fucking amazing, the lighting/production is just brilliant!
BBB was my highlight and can I just say, Trent + Drumsticks = Awesome!

EDIT: Also The Believers was perfect i think, kinda fucked with my ears with the timing
but in a good way, sounded sooo fucking funky, love this show!

cynicmuse
04-14-2013, 11:36 PM
The 1080p stream is up on RITC here (http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com/shows/2013/20130412.html).

ItsJustDave
04-15-2013, 02:07 AM
I know people who went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album...and they also said a lot of the crowd were just screaming for TR...so that validates my point

If one listens closely to the Coachella stream, you can actually faintly make out the screams of "Bring back the Fragility tour!".

Thanks for taking the time to track down these people that you know that "went to see them at Coachella and only went to see TR and were NIn fans and didn't even own the HTDA album" for their objective viewpoints.

liquidcalm
04-15-2013, 02:22 AM
uh oh.. people curious of a side project featuring a famous artist go to gig by said side project! If they were true fans of the side project they would erase all memory of what came before and only shout for the guy at the back doing the visuals.

On a more serious note I ruddy enjoyed the livestream, I don't really feel they are a 'festival' band though and felt the older material was that much more direct, loved the remix of Space In Between..

jmtd
04-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Could we have a separate thread for the haters? One which can be avoided by everyone else?

JamesCmuse
04-15-2013, 04:27 AM
Absolutely love this! Was unsure of Mariqueen's vocals initially but once she warmed it in, both her and Trent sounded perfect. I look forward to seeing these guys live some day.

scorpiusdiamond
04-15-2013, 07:00 AM
I totally forgot about Trent doing percussion on BBB... that's, whuh, what, ugh, so good.

sentient02970
04-15-2013, 10:20 AM
YouTube has a recorded playlist now: http://www.youtube.com/user/killinginthem0vies?feature=

Haven't confirmed how complete it is yet.

gorast
04-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Looks like it's the whole show.

BRoswell
04-16-2013, 01:11 AM
Quick "making-of" video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N1ikxi41Zo

ninjaw
04-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Official Coachella videos
http://youtu.be/WPWRIcgfQSE
http://youtu.be/8gZVdtIsX60

I tested both perfect rip from dimeadozen and RITC, the file from dimeadozen is far better, no play or remux errors, no artefacts (RITC version got a bad artefact on the final speech mariqueen closeup for example)

scorpiusdiamond
04-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Aaaah, I had a hunch there was a Kaoss pad involved somewhere. I think I may watch that Making Of video about a hundred times to get it all in.
Also, Trent's really fond of the word fuck, isn't he?

Fragile Teeth
04-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Aaaah, I had a hunch there was a Kaoss pad involved somewhere. I think I may watch that Making Of video about a hundred times to get it all in.
Also, Trent's really fond of the word fuck, isn't he?
I'm really becoming too familiar with all the tech trent and co. are using.

ninjaw
04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
3rd official coachella song
http://youtu.be/ZtQ7BgDeUVY

Bear78
04-17-2013, 10:15 AM
so... someone going to put this together in a nice DVD format? ;)

eversonpoe
04-17-2013, 10:51 AM
so... someone going to put this together in a nice DVD format? ;)

someone made a .TS file which is easily burnable to a DVD. no menus or chapters or anything, though.

ninjaw
04-19-2013, 04:00 AM
3 more official coachella videos !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-hynxsxvZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-xd8lJsN6U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Wu6o790iU

Reznor2112
04-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Working on making a full blu ray of the Coachella with some bonus features and menus. Will do a DVD after that. Will post when completed.

ninjaw
04-19-2013, 10:54 AM
dvd will be 4x more bad and twice bigger, what an old idea.
Does someone know if the tonight's show is broadcasted ?

Reznor2112
04-19-2013, 11:01 AM
dvd will be 4x more bad and twice bigger, what an old idea.

Well guess what?? Dont download the DVD. Im making both because despite popular belief, some fans out there dont want to burn blu rays, cant, or cant play blu rays...so yea.

Avarik
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Bluray burners aren't exactly cheap yet.

simonn
04-19-2013, 04:35 PM
At the moment, I'm happy with my 1080p rip of the performance on a memory stick on a nice TV. Mainly cos I don't have a BR burner...would love to be able to have chapter access to it though, rather than always starting at the start....

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 04:40 PM
Here is the best quality rip of the Coachella youtube stream (audio and video)
http://thepiratebay.se/user/yourcurrentenemy/

All credit goes to ninjaw for tracking this down and putting the work into it.

For those blocked from the site:
Magnet link to the Video (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b45f614de26fca11041ffeac882bd 54e76acd154&dn=How+To+Destroy+Angels+-+2013-04-12+Coachella+-+Youtube+Live+Stre&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80)

Magnet link to the Audio (magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ff0f4d91dedfc5b0731fdeb5c1d25 9baf0863b2c&dn=How+To+Destroy+Angels+-+2013-04-12+Coachella+-+Youtube+Live+Stre&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%3A80&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.istole.it%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.ccc.de%3A80)

http://i.imgur.com/HA1aIOy.jpg

eversonpoe
04-19-2013, 04:51 PM
Bluray burners aren't exactly cheap yet.

plus, most people just watch shit on their computers or their network-connected TVs anyway. but for those who don't, DVDs are still pretty standard and easy to create!

Reznor2112
04-19-2013, 06:14 PM
All credit goes to @ninjaw (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=746) for tracking this down and putting the work into it.

http://i.imgur.com/HA1aIOy.jpg

Not really my friend...sorry

DigitalChaos
04-19-2013, 06:32 PM
Not really my friend...sorry
I was referring to the sourcing of the best rip.

The description has credits for the rest of the process.

edit: I wasn't looking to undercut anyone's work. Just get this up before the end of the day and make it clear that I had very little involvement.