PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58]

mauro995
03-04-2020, 03:39 PM
https://youtu.be/wg2v5vjz_H8

TheBang
03-04-2020, 04:36 PM
It's personal feeling. Not satisfied with Trent's explanation (he doesn't seem all that confident himself, does he?). No, "joking" is not the right term for that. If we went to "Random NIN questions" or another topical thread, i'd be the first to require proof. Thank you. Will add a smiley next time for clarification :)
I'll just point out that in this interview it's mentioned 3 times by the interviewer as the trilogy or completion of the trilogy, and Trent mentions trilogy himself, never contradicting that this is a trilogy and that Bad Witch is the conclusion of it.
https://ew.com/music/2018/06/20/trent-reznor-bad-witch-interview/

BenAkenobi
03-05-2020, 12:05 AM
Well, if it settled as trilogy as mechanical term (seeing three apples on a plate = assuming they were picked from same tree), it's convenient for the artist to think it kinda works, at the same time it's challenging enough to question it. If TR an Co achieved this goal, fine. Let's hope next bar is set higher and what looks as two-dimensional triangle is really a pyramid.
This is not in my defense, mind you. It's a testament to the music.
Move on, shall we? :)

fillow
03-05-2020, 05:34 AM
Just made this thing while working on my Amsterdam multicam edit. Too good to pass.

https://coub.com/view/2a7wvk

(shame it can't be embedded)

Erneuert
03-05-2020, 07:08 AM
Just made this thing while working on my Amsterdam multicam edit. Too good to pass.

Someone needs to make that their avatar, LOL

StockAvuryah
03-05-2020, 08:55 AM

That is wonderful

Jessiahbell
03-05-2020, 03:05 PM
God, I do not know how in the world I somehow have not been obsessed with Still until recently... Like, where the fuck was I even?!? I think I may have been blacked out for a while... But still... STILL. So epic....

StockAvuryah
03-06-2020, 06:06 PM
Now that I think of it Head Like A Hole is very reminiscent of A Screw (Holy Money) by Swans.

I'll do anything for you.

witte
03-07-2020, 04:16 AM
Yesterday during a car trip to one my concert series (went to 'Bohren und der Club of Gore', by the way) I listened to the 'complete trilogy of NIN' on Spotify (NTAE, AV, BW) using the 'shuffle button'.
Didn't listen to these albums for almost a year now. Created some distance...Now listening to the songs mixed together gives another view.
Happy to be a TR fan for ages now and happy he explores the borders of music constantly. Realise that every next album will not sound as the last one and I'm glad. Don't look at the past, the future is ahead of us. Explore. Trent realise 'stagnate in music means musical suicide'. We can mention a lot of other bands who did and died.....
Have a nice weekend.
:D

thefragile_jake
03-08-2020, 11:52 AM
So, do we think Year Zero and The Slip definitive versions will come out this year? I'm more than likely gonna skip YZ as it's still my least favorite NIN record, but I'll be all over that Slip when it drops.

dlb
03-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Yesterday during a car trip to one my concert series (went to 'Bohren und der Club of Gore', by the way) I listened to the 'complete trilogy of NIN' on Spotify (NTAE, AV, BW) using the 'shuffle button'.
Didn't listen to these albums for almost a year now. Created some distance...Now listening to the songs mixed together gives another view.
Happy to be a TR fan for ages now and happy he explores the borders of music constantly. Realise that every next album will not sound as the last one and I'm glad. Don't look at the past, the future is ahead of us. Explore. Trent realise 'stagnate in music means musical suicide'. We can mention a lot of other bands who did and died.....
Have a nice weekend.
:D

That's a nice idea! Will do the same shuffle thing and see how this works! Haven't listended to the stuff in full since my last NIN show in Berlin in 2018.

eversonpoe
03-08-2020, 05:33 PM
went to 'Bohren und der Club of Gore', by the way

how was the show??? i imagine people would need to be very respectful and quiet because of the long pauses that sometimes occur in the music, hopefully that was the case? seeing them is definitely on my concert bucket list.

tap3worm
03-09-2020, 08:45 AM
God, I do not know how in the world I somehow have not been obsessed with Still until recently... Like, where the fuck was I even?!? I think I may have been blacked out for a while... But still... STILL. So epic....

AATCHB is a phenomenal fucking song and it destroys me every time

witte
03-09-2020, 10:56 AM
how was the show??? i imagine people would need to be very respectful and quiet because of the long pauses that sometimes occur in the music, hopefully that was the case? seeing them is definitely on my concert bucket list.
Saw them 6 months ago in Utrecht. Now the new album was out and they played nearby I loved to go for the second time. Concerts are seated and very relax and yes everybody is quiet. Live, they are great. For me it's like meditation, it makes me completely relax/calm...

simonn
03-09-2020, 03:08 PM
The fact that all those unreleased NIN tracks appeared on the third Watchmen LP makes me think that these liner notes are all we'll ever get, that the songs will now never be released.

Speculation or fact that these are unreleased NIN? If fact, please elaborate.

fillow
03-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Speculation or fact that these are unreleased NIN? If fact, please elaborate.
He means the fake album tracklist by The Nine Inch Nails (incl. Just Do It)

OSPF
03-10-2020, 09:35 AM
Of all the NIN singles, I love Came Back Haunted.

I DONT BELIEVEEEEE IT! (I don't believe it!) I HAD TO SEEEE IT!

OnInFive
03-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Hey Everyone,
My friends and I have a podcast where we talk about the rise of famous bands and artists called On In Five. We just finished up a 2 part series on the history of Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails. We do a lot of research and try to build the most complete story we can. We'd love if you'd go take a listen and let us know what you think and how we did! You can find everything at wereoninfive.com (http://wereoninfive.com) where you'll find links to all our episodes, and some bonus information on the band, or you can jump straight in on Apple Podcasts (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/on-in-five/id1469497964), Google Podcasts (https://play.google.com/music/listen?u=0#/ps/Isbmu2mgh3x2djzbf3fn3y7mibm), Spotify (https://open.spotify.com/show/3wDpI6XHlrdwiRC4vpEzzQ), or anywhere else you listen to podcasts. Thanks!

katara
03-10-2020, 05:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mptqrkF21VI

The idea of releasing albums episodically in this day and age is apparently not limited to Nine Inch Nails.

OSPF
03-10-2020, 09:10 PM
Amazon now lists Watchmen Vol 2 as "in stock March 14." I suspect Vol 1 and 3 will do the same.

laststepdown
03-12-2020, 05:39 PM
So, do we think Year Zero and The Slip definitive versions will come out this year?

with all the cancellations, i mean, i'd hope they have the time to now.

who would have thought a deadly virus would spread while trump was president putting the entire world in quarantine?

Erneuert
03-12-2020, 05:41 PM
with all the cancellations, i mean, i'd hope they have the time to now.

who would have thought a deadly virus would spread while trump was president putting the entire world in quarantine?

2020: canceled

Detunez
03-13-2020, 11:39 AM
Came across this on Archive.org: https://archive.org/details/Super_Rock_Trent_Reznor_MTV_WOC_1994-10
It is a VHS tape recording of a television station which featured short clips with Reznor spread over the entire video. It also contains a recording of "down in it".

OSPF
03-13-2020, 09:10 PM
Came across this on Archive.org: https://archive.org/details/Super_Rock_Trent_Reznor_MTV_WOC_1994-10
It is a VHS tape recording of a television station which featured short clips with Reznor spread over the entire video. It also contains a recording of "down in it".

Thank you for sharing this! I love it. It's even got commercials.

eversonpoe
03-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Thank you for sharing this! I love it. It's even got commercials.

my wife and i watch 80s & 90s commercials on youtube for fun (usually when we're having drinks) and it's so awesome. 80s commercial vault is the name of the youtube channel. if you're into that sort of thing!

BRoswell
03-14-2020, 11:25 PM
All things considered, we could be worse off right now. We could be dealing with the Red Horse virus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h6q2bUS58w

ryanj101
03-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Not to make light of the current situation, but Trent sheltering in place/quarantined with 5 kids might make for the angriest NIN album of all time.

katara
03-16-2020, 05:02 PM
I've been diving into some of The Smashing Pumpkins' back catalogue and it is deep indeed. Billy Corgan's approach to releasing music is borderline insanity; everything including the kitchen sink, it seems... and that's *just* for Mellon Collie.
By comparison, what we have for NIN pales. There have been no demos leaked besides some of the early material and the 'definitive' editions are incredibly lacklustre. No bonuses, no alternate takes, nothing. The three demos on The Downward Spiral 2004 reissue are nice, however, I feel like the second disc could have easily been the entire album in demo form.
While I'm not sure I'd want 7-disc editions of each of NIN's albums, I do feel like a ton is being held back. Perhaps it's a nest egg for his kids when he's too old to tour. Trent's curation process has been selective so far, to say the least. He's quite picky about what he wants us to hear. I think that's ultimately a good thing.

neorev
03-17-2020, 02:51 PM
I've been diving into some of The Smashing Pumpkins' back catalogue and it is deep indeed. Billy Corgan's approach to releasing music is borderline insanity; everything including the kitchen sink, it seems... and that's *just* for Mellon Collie.
By comparison, what we have for NIN pales. There have been no demos leaked besides some of the early material and the 'definitive' editions are incredibly lacklustre. No bonuses, no alternate takes, nothing. The three demos on The Downward Spiral 2004 reissue are nice, however, I feel like the second disc could have easily been the entire album in demo form.
While I'm not sure I'd want 7-disc editions of each of NIN's albums, I do feel like a ton is being held back. Perhaps it's a nest egg for his kids when he's too old to tour. Trent's curation process has been selective so far, to say the least. He's quite picky about what he wants us to hear. I think that's ultimately a good thing.

The whole Mellon Collie/Aeroplane Flies High era, the amount of material is insane. Plus loads of demos were leaked over the years from this period. The reissue boxsets are like a dozen discs of material. There's still plenty of material not included in these sets, just crazy.

theimage13
03-17-2020, 07:41 PM

Speculation: if he wanted stuff that has remained private to be his kids' nest egg, he'd be releasing the stuff as it was available and investing everything so it'd be worth exponentially more when his kids grow up.

I feel like I've read in the past that he's just very particular about what he produces, and if he's not proud of something, he doesn't publish it. Given that I always felt that way as a visual artist, I would absolutely understand if that was all there is to it. Demos? Songs that were scrapped? If they weren't good enough for the album, they weren't good enough to see the light of day, period. But that's just a wild guess based on my own tendencies and what I vaguely remember reading about the way he works. And if so, good for him. I don't lose any respect for artists who release anything and everything, since they have fans who will appreciate it. But I completely respect artists who don't want to put out anything that they don't want to.

Magnetic
03-17-2020, 08:25 PM
I completely agree with this read. TR has always struck me as a complete control freak; if it doesn't fit in with his narrative at the time, or what he's feeling currently, then it's staying in the vault. I'm ok with that. Not everything is for public consumption.

pcpunk
03-17-2020, 08:47 PM
Yeah, as much as I would love to hear all the unused and alternate material, I think Trent knows what’s good enough for public consumption.

tap3worm
03-18-2020, 03:17 AM
What's the deal with this?
https://i.imgur.com/t4n2WPg.jpg
Someone sent it to me a while back, reverse image turns up no results.

fillow
03-19-2020, 03:38 PM
Am I imagining things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7F8WLk2iPo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvygKHBTRjg

eversonpoe
03-19-2020, 04:30 PM
Am I imagining things?

yes

Halo Infinity
03-20-2020, 10:32 PM
*I've always appreciated and respected Star Wars since any time between 1992-1994 (As I really can't remember the exact year since I was only ages 6-9. My memories are kind of blurry.), I just haven't been into it for a very long time. This thought also arose from the Star Wars threads.*

As I was just getting back into Star Wars again, while being a Nine Inch Nails fan at the same time, I smiled at the thought of how great and awesome it must've been to be a fan of both during the prequel trilogy should you have thoroughly loved and enjoyed all 3 films, as The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith also came out on the same exact years that The Fragile, Still and With Teeth did.

Those must've been some great years. :)

Sesquipedalism
03-21-2020, 04:05 AM
As I was just getting back into Star Wars again, while being a Nine Inch Nails fan at the same time, I smiled at the thought of how great and awesome it must've been to be a fan of both during the prequel trilogy should you have thoroughly loved and enjoyed all 3 films, as The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith also came out on the same exact years that The Fragile, Still and With Teeth did.

That is one goddamned absurdly specific statement. But yes, those were probably the peak years of my love of both things. I had the hardest time not thinking of "Pilgrimage" as something an invading army would play during 1999. And the month of May in 2005 was almost too exciting. I wasn't sure which way to turn my head.

botley
03-21-2020, 04:34 AM
*I've always appreciated and respected Star Wars since any time between 1992-1994 (As I really can't remember the exact year since I was only ages 6-9. My memories are kind of blurry.), I just haven't been into it for a very long time. This thought also arose from the Star Wars threads.*

Yes, in those limited aspects, they were (I was between ages 13 and 18, so in just about every other department for me they were horrendous years). Not much of a Star Wars fan anymore, but those three records are still my favourite things NIN's ever done.

Sesquipedalism
03-21-2020, 04:35 AM
Speculation: if he wanted stuff that has remained private to be his kids' nest egg, he'd be releasing the stuff as it was available and investing everything so it'd be worth exponentially more when his kids grow up.

I feel like I've read in the past that he's just very particular about what he produces, and if he's not proud of something, he doesn't publish it. Given that I always felt that way as a visual artist, I would absolutely understand if that was all there is to it. Demos? Songs that were scrapped? If they weren't good enough for the album, they weren't good enough to see the light of day, period. But that's just a wild guess based on my own tendencies and what I vaguely remember reading about the way he works. And if so, good for him. I don't lose any respect for artists who release anything and everything, since they have fans who will appreciate it. But I completely respect artists who don't want to put out anything that they don't want to.

As a fan of the original Pumpkins and Elliott Smith, I can honestly say I'm not much of a fan of unreleased material. Because I'm such a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails, I've given the issue a lot of thought. And there's a big part of me that hopes he's got a pact with someone to burn the tapes in his vault upon his death. I kind of like having only deliberate, meticulous releases.

The Pumpkins archive is a goddamned disaster. After wading in a few feet, I just turned right back around and walked out. The demos of "Miss Misery" (an all-time favorite song) and "Pretty Mary Kay" they dredged up after Elliott Smith died seriously tainted the final versions of the songs for me for a while. I couldn't unhear them. I didn't even dare explore that eighteen-hour tape of OK Computer stuff.

That being said...Purest Feeling is amazing in its own right, didn't diminish Pretty Hate Machine, and the tracks that didn't make the record are delightful. Soooo....there's also a huge part of me that would kill to hear the chaff of The Downward Spiral.

botley
03-21-2020, 04:38 AM
I didn't even dare explore that eighteen-hour tape of OK Computer stuff.
Oh man, you totally should.

Sesquipedalism
03-21-2020, 04:50 AM
Really?

WorzelG
03-21-2020, 05:20 AM
As a fan of the original Pumpkins and Elliott Smith, I can honestly say I'm not much of a fan of unreleased material. Because I'm such a huge fan of Nine Inch Nails, I've given the issue a lot of thought. And there's a big part of me that hopes he's got a pact with someone to burn the tapes in his vault upon his death. I kind of like having only deliberate, meticulous releases.

The Pumpkins archive is a goddamned disaster. After wading in a few feet, I just turned right back around and walked out. The demos of "Miss Misery" (an all-time favorite song) and "Pretty Mary Kay" they dredged up after Elliott Smith died seriously tainted the final versions of the songs for me for a while. I couldn't unhear them. I didn't even dare explore that eighteen-hour tape of OK Computer stuff.

That being said...Purest Feeling is amazing in its own right, didn't diminish Pretty Hate Machine, and the tracks that didn't make the record are delightful. Soooo....there's also a huge part of me that would kill to hear the chaff of The Downward Spiral.
Dave Grohl said this in his piece about Trent winning the Oscar

”I think we ended up recording 10 or 12 tracks. But the funny thing was... he would say, "OK, check this out, it's a rough idea, I'm not so sure about it, but take a listen..." and it would be the most incredible piece of music I'd ever heard. Fucking mind-blowing shit. His standards are so much higher than anyone else’s. He does not settle for or accept anything that isn't amazing. “

makes me think the vaults do contain some good stuff, I seem to recall Aaron North saying something similar about music lying around but I might be wrong

fillow
03-21-2020, 06:28 AM
Really?

Yes if you wanna bury yourself in 47 versions of I Promise, 45 of which are identical live performances... Honestly, I think getting the bonus tape from OKNOTOK shoud be enough. The full leak is super redundant.

Erneuert
03-21-2020, 11:54 AM

I hear what you’re saying about demos ruining the songs; it just comes down to the artist, I guess. For example, almost all the rough mixes/demos/leaked unreleased Morrissey songs (and The Smiths) have almost all been mind-blowing. Same for Joy Division and Gary Numan, IMO.

Given Dave Grohl and Aaron North’s comments about TR’s level of perfection, I really don’t think we’d have much to worry about in terms of quality if he does eventually decide to let the floodgates open. He already has with Deviations, and I don’t think anyone was particularly disappointed with that. I mean, hearing that whispered delivery of the lines from the Heresy demo back in 2004 was damn spine-tingling. Imagine what else there is. I can only imagine the things Mariqueen’s ears have been blessed with hearing!

pcpunk
03-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Quality might not be the only factor, though. Some things may be deemed to personal or communicate things he feels embarrassed by now.

Sesquipedalism
03-21-2020, 03:50 PM
I hear what you’re saying about demos ruining the songs; it just comes down to the artist, I guess. For example, almost all the rough mixes/demos/leaked unreleased Morrissey songs (and The Smiths) have almost all been mind-blowing. Same for Joy Division and Gary Numan, IMO.

Given Dave Grohl and Aaron North’s comments about TR’s level of perfection, I really don’t think we’d have much to worry about in terms of quality if he does eventually decide to let the floodgates open. He already has with Deviations, and I don’t think anyone was particularly disappointed with that. I mean, hearing that whispered delivery of the lines from the Heresy demo back in 2004 was damn spine-tingling. Imagine what else there is. I can only imagine the things Mariqueen’s ears have been blessed with hearing!

I actually felt mild versions of the same “Miss Misery” thing with the three demos from the 2004 edition. I forgot about that completely. Maybe I should give them another listen now that I’m—good god—much, much older. Or maybe I should just hope for no more demos; only high-quality B-sides?

fillow
03-23-2020, 06:07 AM
15 years ago today NIN launched With Teeth tour!

https://cdn.filestackcontent.com/nZPK26FxT8agVSzPSOa3/convert?rotate=exif&format=jpg&quality=90&fit=max&w=1400&h=1400
http://ninlive.com/memorabilia/2005/nin2005-03-23-25litho.jpg

And here's meathead's recollections of the event for your amusement:
https://www.theninhotline.com/meatpers/html/mp050330.htm
(https://www.theninhotline.com/meatpers/html/mp050330.htm)

Boy, I wish old ETS archives were still around to re-read some of the evens that were occurring at the time. (Or some good fiction).

eversonpoe
03-24-2020, 09:41 AM
Just came across these WT era shots: https://www.chapmanbaehler.com/nine-inch-nails
Most of them were in magazines or floating around the web at the time, but there's a few I'd never seen before.

not gonna lie, i had my hair cut like that for a while because i wanted to look like hot emo trent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sick among the pure
03-26-2020, 02:40 PM
Guessing the Ghosts release is the secret he was going to let loose at the cancelled Watchmen talk for SXSW.

MrLobster
03-26-2020, 10:24 PM
Service Provider: Oh yes Mr. Reznor, we'll be able to handle whatever load your fans give us. Everything will be quick, no one should notice a delay in processing it...

Trent: hahahahahahahahhahahahahh...

sheepdean
03-27-2020, 08:52 AM
Is anyone planning an online listening party for Ghosts I-VI?

thefragile_jake
03-28-2020, 04:21 PM
God damn it, I want some proper companion remix albums ala Further Down the Spiral and Things Falling Apart again. I really miss those.

Albums and various singles around those times also gave us plenty to chew on when it came to outtakes, extended versions and cover songs. Not sure if Trent and company were thinking of doing a studio recorded cover of Joy Divison's "Digital", but it would find a good home on a remix album that could follow whatever they have it store for the next NIN LP.

zeegrizzle
03-28-2020, 05:11 PM
God damn it, I want some proper companion remix albums ala Further Down the Spiral and Things Falling Apart again. I really miss those.

Albums and various singles around those times also gave us plenty to chew on when it came to outtakes, extended versions and cover songs. Not sure if Trent and company were thinking of doing a studio recorded cover of Joy Divison's "Digital", but it would find a good home on a remix album that could follow whatever they have it store for the next NIN LP.

I agree. I believe(d) they still have time to do this with the Trilogy's work. And i'm patiently waiting for that still..... Then again now that I think about it, it seems like that the new Ghosts might have closed up that window of opportunity for any type of new Trilogy Remix album now. Seems more like they have moved on to the next thing I guess...

I was also thinking this time we're in now would be a perfect time to release that Cold And Black And Infinite Live Blu-ray/4K that we all desperately want. Man that would be so awesome right now!

piggy
03-28-2020, 05:25 PM
I feel like the days of NIN remix albums/EPs are over, and we'll continue to just get a random smattering of stuff here and there.
As for a 2018 live Blu-ray, I noticed that in some fan-shot footage from then, I could see someone onstage filming (and not during songs that we already got official videos for.) Not holding my breath that we'll get something, but it would be AMAZEBALLS if we did.

thefragile_jake
03-28-2020, 06:00 PM
I feel like the days of NIN remix albums/EPs are over, and we'll continue to just get a random smattering of stuff here and there.

As much as I'd love to hold out hope—I'm inclined to agree. I guess YearZeroRemixed was the last actual true proper remix album with it's own "Halo" release that wasn't incorrectly marketed as a remix EP (ala the Every Day is Exactly the Same single (https://img.discogs.com/ltaQCecnvELonjgC0gtmmjUGEak=/fit-in/400x353/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(90)/discogs-images/R-913952-1172279248.jpeg.jpg)), included within a bonus disc as it was for Hesitation Marks or just a one-off "Seeds" release like Remix 2014 (http://www.nin.wiki/Remix_2014_EP).

I think I'm just a fan of each era having it's own little collection of releases besides just the LP.

StockAvuryah
03-30-2020, 09:40 AM
As much as I'd love to hold out hope—I'm inclined to agree. I guess YearZeroRemixed was the last actual true proper remix album with it's own "Halo" release that wasn't incorrectly marketed as a remix EP (ala the Every Day is Exactly the Same single (https://img.discogs.com/ltaQCecnvELonjgC0gtmmjUGEak=/fit-in/400x353/filters:strip_icc():format(jpeg):mode_rgb():qualit y(90)/discogs-images/R-913952-1172279248.jpeg.jpg)), included within a bonus disc as it was for Hesitation Marks or just a one-off "Seeds" release like Remix 2014 (http://www.nin.wiki/Remix_2014_EP).

I think I'm just a fan of each era having it's own little collection of releases besides just the LP.

Remix albums are tied to the CD era, their occasional birth now is only because the artist or label really wants it, for various reasons. Or the artist wants to get out of a contract as quick as possible (see : MGMT).

buckaroo
03-30-2020, 12:21 PM
Seems like a lot of artists are streaming old concerts for fans due to all the stay at home initiatives. This would be the perfect time to stream / release that TDS era proshot that was shelved for Closure.

zecho
03-30-2020, 07:50 PM
Seems like a lot of artists are streaming old concerts for fans due to all the stay at home initiatives. This would be the perfect time to stream / release that TDS era proshot that was shelved for Closure.

Tension

eversonpoe
03-30-2020, 10:32 PM
Tension

i'd recommend a good massage, but probably not during social distancing.

oh...oh, never mind

;)

sheepdean
03-31-2020, 02:55 PM
Atticus unloading about the stress of the Golden Globes gives me life

Erneuert
03-31-2020, 06:13 PM
I am finding it hard to get over how prophetic Corona Radiata into The Four of Us Are Dying was.

A virus borne of animals, no less, then the former song has a sample at the end featuring hostile cat meowing.

klyrish
03-31-2020, 09:01 PM
I seriously don't get how people hate "Starfuckers, Inc." That song rocks so fucking hard. It's absolutely incredible how much you can hear going on in that song with a good system.

snichols
03-31-2020, 09:05 PM
I used to skip starfuckers inc every time because I thought it didn't fit in the Fragile, but a few years ago it hit me and now I really like it. Was pleasantly surprised when it was played during night 1 of Chicago 2018.

bobbie solo
04-01-2020, 02:08 PM
I seriously don't get how people hate "Starfuckers, Inc." That song rocks so fucking hard. It's absolutely incredible how much you can hear going on in that song with a good system.

the lyrics are goofy & he yells the words "Starfuckers Incorporated" over and over and over. It's hard for people to listen to that alot. You're not wrong about the instrumental...it's fantastic and very layered. I don't hate it, but i don't seek it out. Hearing it live two years ago when I never really turn it on myself was a nice little treat.

Erneuert
04-01-2020, 04:01 PM
It’s strange to think that he left 10 Miles High and/or a bunch of other stuff off The Fragile but had no qualms leaving that song on it.

sheepdean
04-02-2020, 06:54 PM
It’s strange to think that he left 10 Miles High and/or a bunch of other stuff off The Fragile but had no qualms leaving that song on it.
That alone defeats any argument of Trent thinking better on drugs

StockAvuryah
04-04-2020, 08:36 AM
That alone defeats any argument of Trent thinking better on drugs

Though he wasn't on drugs

Erneuert
04-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Akin to Gary Numan recently doing some acoustic versions of songs (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/51-Gary-Numan?p=489254#post489254) for the fans, I, personally, would love to see TR do one for... Zero-Sum.

Shame on us, doomed from the start. May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts.

No better time than now for that one.

Erneuert
04-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Also, during The Warning, why do my ears always hear “you’ve become a violent (virus) that’s keeping (killing) off his host”?

I’ve always found it so hard to hear the actual lyrics.

thefragile_jake
04-04-2020, 10:26 PM
Akin to Gary Numan recently doing some acoustic versions of songs (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/51-Gary-Numan?p=489254#post489254) for the fans, I, personally, would love to see TR do one for... Zero-Sum.

Shame on us, doomed from the start. May God have mercy on our dirty little hearts.

No better time than now for that one.

Unpopular opinion perhaps—but I like the YEARZEROREMIXED version of Zero-Sum more than the original.

Erneuert
04-05-2020, 12:35 AM
Unpopular opinion perhaps—but I like the YEARZEROREMIXED version of Zero-Sum more than the original.

I’d prefer that too, with the cleaner vocals.

nooneimportant
04-06-2020, 01:27 AM
I want a mashup of Letting Go While Holding On and Pinion as an intro for a live show.

zeegrizzle
04-06-2020, 02:49 PM
I want a mashup of Letting Go While Holding On and Pinion as an intro for a live show.

It sounds like they both have the same melody too. If not the same then pretty close. Maybe that mashup could actually work for a live intro.

Erneuert
04-07-2020, 04:46 PM
It ought to be mandatory to use this gif any time TR won’t answer or is reluctant to give away more information about something (credited to TheBang).

https://i.imgur.com/Vv5188p.gif

As a matter of fact, make it an emoticon.

theimage13
04-08-2020, 07:19 AM
For a company that sure seems to be analytics-heavy, Spotify clearly doesn't know anything about me. I had to type all the way to "Burning Brig" before it suggested the right song instead of "Burning Brides". What I get for being too lazy to just go into my own music library I guess.

eversonpoe
04-08-2020, 05:50 PM
For a company that sure seems to be analytics-heavy, Spotify clearly doesn't know anything about me. I had to type all the way to "Burning Brig" before it suggested the right song instead of "Burning Brides". What I get for being too lazy to just go into my own music library I guess.

i have to type my ENTIRE name (everson poe) to get my stuff to show up in the search, despite following my artist page AND having stuff in my library. do they want me to hate myself? i don't get it.

katara
04-08-2020, 05:54 PM
The lyrics for Dear World, are so relevant right now in this current state of things. It's uncanny.

Sarah K
04-09-2020, 10:56 AM
I'm not sure where to post this, as not directly NIN related, but a venue... so if it is more appropriate for somewhere else, please let met know!

Not sure how I got on this list, but I just got an email about an audio-centered webinar series (http://go.audinate.com/lp-events/webinar-series-20), and the first one one Friday, April 19 is about the design and management of the sound system at Royal Albert Hall. Figured there may be some interest in that here.

Designing & Managing the World’s Largest Single-Room Speaker System at the Royal Albert Hall

Join us for a discussion with the manufacturers, solution designers, integrators and the Royal Albert Hall Head of Production. Learn how they addressed these challenges in a recent make-over of acoustics, reinforcement and infrastructure, leading the way for live events in to the 21st century.

​The Royal Albert Hall is perhaps England’s most iconic venue, with a 150-year history of live events across arts, sports and politics. As is often the case with venues built before the advent of electronic sound reinforcement, this venue was known as an acoustically challenging space for audio teams. Join us for a discussion with the manufacturers, solution designers, integrators and the Royal Albert Hall Head of Production. Learn how they addressed these challenges in a recent make-over of acoustics, reinforcement and infrastructure, leading the way for live events in to the 21st century

theimage13
04-09-2020, 01:21 PM
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/royal-albert-hall-acoustics-renovation

If you're more of a reader than a webinar person, this is a great article about the redesign. Even name-drops Nine Inch Nails...maybe you signed up for something or other around the time they played there, Sarah?

sheepdean
04-11-2020, 11:54 AM
So, Hurt is very clearly about a man who kills himself, who was an IV drug user. The album is dedicated to Jeff Ward.

Is Hurt about Jeff?

fillow
04-11-2020, 04:08 PM
If anyone here has any footage from Lollapalooza 2008 NIN show, now would be a great time to share it with me as I'm in early stages of working on a multicam edit of it.
I'm not gonna do as extensive search for raw material as I did for the shows I myself attended, but I thought I'd ask here anyway. Otherwise I'm gonna go with Youtube material.

katara
04-13-2020, 03:51 PM
'Your New Normal' is almost kooky enough to be a track from a TR&AR-scored rendition of The Addams Family.

Indefinite_Cure
04-15-2020, 04:29 PM
Sometimes, I really miss Meathead. His take on albums and all nin-related news was always funny or at least, entertaining.

SchwarzerAbt
04-21-2020, 01:16 PM
I can't remember that there has ever been a release with so little promotion accompanying it. I mean even the scorework had some sort of interview or other press work as far as I remember. And now we have TWO new NIN albums and only the short post on nin.com and nothing else.

It is a little disappointing to me as I'd like to know more about the creation of it and am kind of still waiting for an interview to pop up in the NIN spotting thread.

HWB
04-21-2020, 04:17 PM
I can't remember that zhere has ever been a release with so little promotion accompanying it. I mean even the scorework had some sort of Interview or other press work as far as I remember. And now we have TWO new NIN albums and only the short post on nin.com and nothing else.
I guess, The Slip?

fillow
04-21-2020, 05:35 PM
I guess, The Slip?

Are you joking? The word-of-mouth promotion was fucking massive. Free album! Independent from the big greedy label! And just two months since previous one! And then LITS tour happened.

BRoswell
04-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Personally, I'm okay with Trent & Atticus not talking about it at length. I think they just want people to absorb the music right now. Maybe they'll have more to say about it in the future, but for right now, the music is the statement.

HWB
04-21-2020, 06:54 PM
Are you joking? The word-of-mouth promotion was fucking massive. Free album! Independent from the big greedy label! And just two months since previous one! And the LITS tour happened.
He spoke about promotion itself, they were dropped the same way and advertised (or lack thereof) the same way, it's just that back then free albums were far more unusual especially getting FLACs.

The tour kind of goes againts my argument though, as that entire tour featured The Slip pretty heavily, then again, I can't really blame NIN for not touring right now for obvious reasons, also these records probably won't be appearing live much.

But, other than that, it does remind me of how The Slip was dropped, at least we know what head-space Trent was in when Ghosts V-VI were released, it came with a big statement explaining the intentions behind them, we don't know that much about The Slip, only a little where Trent said it was him "feeling getting older" and "feeling of being outside of himself" and also that it has been written and recorded quickly, but I feel like there is much more going on in that record, wish it got some really in-depth interviews, absolutely love that record.

Sesquipedalism
04-21-2020, 07:18 PM
wish it got some really in-depth interviews, absolutely love that record.

I too love The Slip. It might be my favorite second-phase Nine Inch Nails record, though the experience of the Year Zero ARG—considered as an ephemeral component of the record itself—was something I’ll always cherish and dearly wish I could somehow repeat.

eversonpoe
04-21-2020, 10:06 PM
I too love The Slip. It might be my favorite second-phase Nine Inch Nails record, though the experience of the Year Zero ARG—considered as an ephemeral component of the record itself—was something I’ll always cherish and dearly wish I could somehow repeat.

i listened to The Slip on vinyl the other day. first time listening to it in a long time, first time on vinyl since back when it was released. it's still fantastic, and lights in the sky is still my least favorite song on it ("corona radiata" and "discipline" are my favs...i know, i know)

Magnetic
04-21-2020, 10:23 PM
I go nuts everytime Discipline comes on my NIN playlist. :D

(YES I KNOW THAT IS HERESY TO MAKE NIN PLAYLISTS.)
(Bite me)

Sesquipedalism
04-21-2020, 10:52 PM
i listened to The Slip on vinyl the other day. first time listening to it in a long time, first time on vinyl since back when it was released. it's still fantastic, and lights in the sky is still my least favorite song on it ("corona radiata" and "discipline" are my favs...i know, i know)

I think mine are “1,000,000” and “Head Down”? But “The Four of Us Are Dying” has always been somehow kind of important and requiring of solemnity to me. “Demon Seed” is my least favorite thing on the LP.

Which means it’s now my turn to say, “I know, I know...”

Sesquipedalism
04-21-2020, 10:54 PM
I go nuts everytime Discipline comes on my NIN playlist. :D

(YES I KNOW THAT IS HERESY TO MAKE NIN PLAYLISTS.)
(Bite me)

I’m one of the few people I know who still regularly listens to albums front to back. All the time; daily basis; &c. But of course I have Nine Inch Nails playlists. Many. Respecting the artist is one thing, but enjoying the music is something too. Is there anyone here who DOESN’T occasionally make mixes?

katara
04-22-2020, 02:21 AM
Is there anyone here who DOESN’T occasionally make mixes?
Yes.

MrLobster
04-22-2020, 03:03 AM
Is there anyone here who DOESN’T occasionally make mixes?

I know I do... like here (https://www.mixcloud.com/DerbyBeardo/you-can-try-but-youll-never-understand/) and here (https://www.mixcloud.com/DerbyBeardo/broken-then-reconstructed/).

HWB
04-22-2020, 07:36 AM
I’m one of the few people I know who still regularly listens to albums front to back. All the time; daily basis; &c. But of course I have Nine Inch Nails playlists. Many. Respecting the artist is one thing, but enjoying the music is something too. Is there anyone here who DOESN’T occasionally make mixes?
I have so many NIN playlists but I alwasy just end up listening to the albums themselves most of the time.

tap3worm
04-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Yeah I'm usually going by albums

eversonpoe
04-22-2020, 10:47 AM
I think mine are “1,000,000” and “Head Down”? But “The Four of Us Are Dying” has always been somehow kind of important and requiring of solemnity to me. “Demon Seed” is my least favorite thing on the LP.

Which means it’s now my turn to say, “I know, I know...”

the four of us are dying is fantastic, and i love that corona radiata just sort of bleeds into it. i'm not the biggest fan of demon seed, either, but it's a decent ending for a great album. if it ended with lights in the sky i'd be pissed.

i ONLY listen to albums front to back (especially since i usually listen to stuff on vinyl; but even when i'm streaming, that's just how i like to listen) but i also make mixes all the time. that said, the only time i make a single-artist mix is when i'm trying to get a friend into that artist, which is always fun.

kaydraven
04-22-2020, 04:40 PM
I've been on a huge NIN kick for the past month or so and I swear I listen to Discipline and Every Day Is Exactly the Same once or twice a day. The former song is just a banger and the latter is pretty much how I feel these days.

theimage13
04-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Burning Bright transitions into Ringfinger surprisingly well.

Archive_Reports
04-23-2020, 09:50 AM

Love happening upon that type of stuff.

HWB
04-23-2020, 11:09 AM
I was really surprised how well Burning Bright goes into Less Than, those two songs could not be different from one another, but it works. It is just another proof how well these EPs work together.

I've been on a huge NIN kick for the past month or so and I swear I listen to Discipline and Every Day Is Exactly the Same once or twice a day. The former song is just a banger and the latter is pretty much how I feel these days.
Every time I am blown away how impactful Discipline's production is really punchy and impactful.

eversonpoe
04-23-2020, 11:45 AM
I was really surprised how well Burning Bright goes into Less Than, those two songs could not be different from one another, but it works. It is just another proof how well these EPs work together.

i actually like listening to add violence first, and then NTAE, and then bad witch. i feel like the flow works better. but you have to let the entirety of the background world play out. the total noise at the end of it transitions into branches/bones so well.

Every time I am blown away how impactful Discipline's production is really punchy and impactful.

discipline is the song that "only" wishes it was haha

Microwave Jellyfish
04-23-2020, 05:24 PM
Came Back Haunted is such an underrated jam nowadays. A ton of groovy things going on there, which I'm sure were discussed to death back in the day, but nowadays it's mostly remembered as the "first single", vastly overshadowed by Copy of a, the infamous Everything and the rest of HM, of course.

eversonpoe
04-23-2020, 11:05 PM
Came Back Haunted is such an underrated jam nowadays. A ton of groovy things going on there, which I'm sure were discussed to death back in the day, but nowadays it's mostly remembered as the "first single", vastly overshadowed by Copy of a, the infamous Everything and the rest of HM, of course.

came back haunted is great and one of my fav songs on HM, i also think it's up there for one of the most impactful NIN singles

GibbonBlack
04-24-2020, 04:19 AM
if it ended with lights in the sky i'd be pissed.

Is Lights in the Sky not liked generally?

eversonpoe
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Is Lights in the Sky not liked generally?

earlier in the thread i talked about it being my least favorite song on the album (don't think it's bad​ though). i also generally prefer when albums end with a bang rather than a whimper.

r_z
04-24-2020, 02:49 PM
Isn't that what The Slip does with Demon Seed?

eversonpoe
04-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Isn't that what The Slip does with Demon Seed?

yeah, which is why i'm glad it ends that way! earlier in the thread i had said that i would be pissed if the album had ended with LITS, which is what GibbonBlack was responding to when i quoted him.

i do, however, LOVE ripe (with decay) and am glad the fragile ends that way, but it's definitely an exception to my rule.

GibbonBlack
04-24-2020, 06:27 PM
earlier in the thread i talked about it being my least favorite song on the album

It's, without question, my favourite track on that album. By a hell of a lot :rolleyes:

bobbie solo
04-24-2020, 11:58 PM
It's, without question, my favourite track on that album. By a hell of a lot :rolleyes:

would love to hear it live in a room that was somehow 100% guaranteed to not be filled with idiots who are so insecure they can't keep quiet for 4 minutes & 55 seconds.

Erneuert
04-25-2020, 05:10 AM
Sesquipedalism and eversonpoe - I don’t get those sentiments towards Demon Seed. The whole thing, the weird way the lyrics are written (like The New Flesh) and how the artwork for the track goes all berserk with the red lines is just incredible. It’s a sin that it hasn’t been done live.

yeah, which is why i'm glad it ends that way! earlier in the thread i had said that i would be pissed if the album had ended with LITS, which is what @GibbonBlack (https://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=1294) was responding to when i quoted him.

i do, however, LOVE ripe (with decay) and am glad the fragile ends that way, but it's definitely an exception to my rule.

You know a song is good when you don’t even need to hear it and get shivers just thinking about it - and that’s precisely what Ripe (With Decay) does for me, especially the “ahhhhs” at the end and that distorted, fractured guitar.

Like Demon Seed not being done live, it’s also a sin that Ripe (With Decay) was ever even considered to be chopped and just be called Ripe on the vinyl version.

GibbonBlack
04-25-2020, 08:26 AM
I've said this before. But it's so funny it's worth mentioning it again.

I used to think "Decay" was a band. And Ripe was a song that was made with Decay. Like a guest spot.

I think I must have got confused when I saw the track Ripe that didn't have the decay bit.

I'm usually smart

OSPF
04-25-2020, 11:15 AM
I've said this before. But it's so funny it's worth mentioning it again.

I used to think "Decay" was a band. And Ripe was a song that was made with Decay. Like a guest spot.

I think I must have got confused when I saw the track Ripe that didn't have the decay bit.

I'm usually smart

Lol. That's hilarious. When did you eventually figure it out?

GibbonBlack
04-25-2020, 12:03 PM
Lol. That's hilarious. When did you eventually figure it out?

I don't remember exactly :(

Erneuert
04-25-2020, 09:58 PM
hahahahaha

chuckrh
04-26-2020, 03:13 AM
After immersing myself in Bad Seed Teevee all day yesterday, I think I would really like to see what would happen if Trent/Atticus got together with Nick Cave/Warren Ellis. I bet it would be at least interesting!

diptych
04-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Not really a NIN thought, or sort of. I'm rewatching the Jack Dangers set of the Night of Nothing show. It's pretty great. And no, I'm not high or anything. Honest.

kaydraven
04-27-2020, 05:27 PM
I re-listened to Ghosts I-IV today and I can really appreciate how much better Ghosts V and VI are. The former is just too long and drawn out. There are some great tracks, but some don't feel fully fleshed out. Others just aren't that interesting to me. Still not huge on the Ghosts series overall, but there are some great moments on each part.

BRoswell
04-28-2020, 05:37 PM
Came into work today (I do maintenance work), and my co-worker was blasting Year Zero in the gymnasium of the building we're working in. Some of his music choices have been a bit questionable (he played the same Evanescence CD three times in a row during one shift), but this was a very pleasant surprise!

katara
04-29-2020, 02:12 AM
If Trent hadn't put NIN on the back-burner after Fragility, I wonder if Danny and Charlie would have stayed in the band.

I also wonder if the resulting album would've even been good. He may not be with us today if not for that hiatus.

WorzelG
04-29-2020, 10:54 AM
If Trent hadn't put NIN on the back-burner after Fragility, I wonder if Danny and Charlie would have stayed in the band.

I also wonder if the resulting album would've even been good. He may not be with us today if not for that hiatus.
I would imagine so, Charlie Clouser suggested he only stuck around for so long because of the promise of Tapeworm or he’d have gone back to LA with Robin Finck

Endlessly
04-29-2020, 06:41 PM
Splitting off from the Spotting thread:

That album comes out, the band goes into rehearsal mode (in the Bahamas? Am I remembering that right?)

Tha's right, it was the Bahamas - I remember it from Robin's story about the first time he ever encountered a plantain, waiting for it to ripen into the biggest, most wonderful banana he was sure he would ever eat.
Also, timestamps like:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldr7eeTdW11qa8jbeo1_640.jpg

spahn
04-30-2020, 03:12 PM
This was posted over on Reddit by "randompersonx"
Cold and Black and Infinite Tour - (4K Rare Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxiSb_Q6KNc&feature=emb_logo

otnavuskire
05-02-2020, 07:54 AM
My first NIN concert was 20 years ago today! Dug out my ticket stub, and watching a recording of it on youtube to celebrate. It's shockingly watchable for what looks to be a camcorder recording from 20 years ago!

B_r4wpjJeGN

Erneuert
05-05-2020, 10:19 AM
I wasn’t aware that Rob commented on this until now:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rob-sheridan-ama-34278427

Q (u/Meryl-D):
Hi Rob!
I'm sorry I don't actually have a question about High Level as I haven't read it yet (I do plan to order it soon, though!)
First, I'd like to see I absolutely love the art you did for the recent The New Regime record!
I have a question about one of the artworks you did for NIN's The Slip, specifically Demon Seed. What does it represent exactly? I like the way it stands out from the other artworks.
A:
Demon Seed was the end of the journey of the red line that moved through the artwork of that record, trying to make sense of the rigid forms, sometimes fighting them, before finally overtaking them. It was Trent's idea to have the line take over Demon Seed so completely/aggressively. It tied in to the meaning behind the music, which isn't my place to discuss as TR tends to keep that stuff close to his chest.
piggy
maybe add to the ninwiki article for The Slip and/or Demon Seed?

paul_guyet
05-07-2020, 12:59 PM
Is it just me, or does the guy dancing around at the start of this look like a young TR (the face, not the hair)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MzIbWbMFi0

katara
05-07-2020, 01:35 PM
Is it just me, or does the guy dancing around at the start of this look like a young TR (the face, not the hair)?
Not really. The nose is similar.

Only thing I can say about it is that the music doesn't fit the game. Too much Fallout, not enough Genitorturers.

I feel the same way watching this trailer as when that Doom Eternal rap trailer was released.

spahn
05-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Does anyone have an exact date as to when the Natural Born Killers 12" soundtrack was released in the US, specially the 2016 OST Pressing.

FULLMETAL
05-07-2020, 09:03 PM
This (https://www.superdeluxeedition.com/tag/trent-reznor/) is one of my goto music release sites & they don't list a 2016 release for NBK, just the 2014 (they do have Lost Hightway from 2016).

MrLobster
05-08-2020, 12:33 AM
Does anyone have an exact date as to when the Natural Born Killers 12" soundtrack was released in the US, specially the 2016 OST Pressing.

Discogs doesn't list a 2016 release, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I have the 2015 reissue, but I picked it up in 2016 (May) and can only offer "some time in the last 6 months of 2015 or first 5 months of 2016" as a release, sorry.

katara
05-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Would have loved to hear a Coil rendition of The Perfect Drug. I love all their NIN remixes. Sucks that they turned it down. I feel their inclusion would have made TPD Versions more memorable.

RIP John and Peter.

eversonpoe
05-08-2020, 04:16 PM
Would have loved to hear a Coil rendition of The Perfect Drug. I love all their NIN remixes. Sucks that they turned it down. I feel their inclusion would have made TPD Versions more memorable.

RIP John and Peter.

i didn't know they were considered for it! that would have been incredible.

i'm still sad we didn't get to hear what peter was working on remix-wise for HTDA. it sounded nuts!

spahn
05-13-2020, 12:29 PM
Discogs doesn't list a 2016 release, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I have the 2015 reissue, but I picked it up in 2016 (May) and can only offer "some time in the last 6 months of 2015 or first 5 months of 2016" as a release, sorry.

I just saw that Amazon has it listed as November 13, 2015 so I guess that would be an accurate release date for it.

spiral94
05-18-2020, 05:57 PM
came up in my itunes shuffle today. was just thinking about it. imo one of his best remimxes. hbd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZnO54HHshs

Leviathant
05-19-2020, 02:11 PM
https://youtu.be/wg2v5vjz_H8

Nice work ;)

vincenzomilione
05-26-2020, 05:49 PM
anyone else think the 2020 tour existed to create a hype train for a planned 2021 record? or am i looking for parallels to 2006 (WT era ending with teases for YZ) that aren't there.

katara
05-27-2020, 02:18 AM
anyone else think the 2020 tour existed to create a hype train for a planned 2021 record? or am i looking for parallels to 2006 (WT era ending with teases for YZ) that aren't there.
There will be beating of breasts, grinding of teeth, and rioting in the streets if we don't get at least something in 2022 for Year Zero. 2021 be damned.

elevenism
06-01-2020, 06:54 AM
There will be beating of breasts, grinding of teeth, and rioting in the streets if we don't get at least something in 2022 for Year Zero. 2021 be damned.

Oh, we're getting something alright. I'm afraid Trent might have inadvertently actually predicted the end of the us.

elevenism
06-01-2020, 06:59 AM
Swcondly.

It bums me out that YouTube pariah, manipulative piece of shit, and general pedo vibe dude Onision has NIN posters in his house and wears various NIN shirts in his insane videos.

And sometimes, when he gets real serious, he speaks in a style that could be mistaken for lost NIN lyrics.

After hearing his name all over the place, from No Jumper and the like, I finally took a deep.dive.

And yeah, NIN everywhere, all up in his content. :/

eachpassingphase
06-01-2020, 09:43 AM
Swcondly.

It bums me out that YouTube pariah, manipulative piece of shit, and general pedo vibe dude Onision has NIN posters in his house and wears various NIN shirts in his insane videos.

And sometimes, when he gets real serious, he speaks in a style that could be mistaken for lost NIN lyrics.

After hearing his name all over the place, from No Jumper and the like, I finally took a deep.dive.

And yeah, NIN everywhere, all up in his content. :/

You aren't the only one. I get secondhand embarrassment anytime a chud likes something I like. Like that edgelord that was just on trial for murder who quoted Heresy at the judge/jury or whatever. Fuck you dude, you killed somebody. Don't drag my favorite band into your nonsense.