PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Krazy
04-03-2018, 12:31 PM
I never saw the rehearsal vid, maybe his vocals aren’t up for it live? His voice cracks in the studio version in the opening line.

Regardless I don’t think the majority of fans are missing it.

ikranax
04-03-2018, 02:24 PM
The Hate Intro is another good one (and favorite of mine).

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just a slightly modified version of Slate (off Purest Feeling demo)?

BRoswell
04-03-2018, 02:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just a slightly modified version of Slate (off Purest Feeling demo)?

Nope. It's something else completely. You can hear it here. (https://vimeo.com/17042945)

katara
04-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Nope. It's something else completely. You can hear it here. (https://vimeo.com/17042945)
That's fucking cool. Never heard that before. Thanks!

Pbgut
04-03-2018, 03:37 PM

Is there a page or any info for this on NINWiki? Couldn't find it on the Rare NIN Songs or Instrumentals page and had never heard or heard of it before. Thanks!

BRoswell
04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Is there a page or any info for this on NINWiki? Couldn't find it on the Rare NIN Songs or Instrumentals page and had never heard or heard of it before. Thanks!

There doesn't appear to be. I'd be curious to know where the vocal sample came from.

bobbie solo
04-04-2018, 03:06 AM
Everything about that video is amazing. That intro is epic, and that's with average sound and in a club. Picture him tweaking that sonically & coming out to that on the types of stages he plays now. Would sound massive and stir the crowd into as much of a frenzy as is still possible considering how old most of us are now.

katara
04-05-2018, 03:57 PM
There doesn't appear to be. I'd be curious to know where the vocal sample came from.
It might possibly be from the same disc of field recordings that the tribal samples (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMg9Vv5zWlg) from HLAH are from.

BRoswell
04-05-2018, 04:00 PM
It might possibly be from the same disc of field recordings that the tribal samples (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMg9Vv5zWlg) from HLAH are from.

I was more referring to the "I told you not to do this. Give me the gun." bit, but yeah, you may be right about that.

fillow
04-05-2018, 04:50 PM
http://gladcarrot.com/Samples%20used%20during%20tour.htm

Volband
04-06-2018, 03:16 AM
"motherfucker, I need someone to hold onto" - wow, never heard that one. And the distortion at the end of TL is pretty fucking cool as well. I want a NIN show now that revisits all of Trent's eras.

Bachy
04-06-2018, 09:10 PM
I’d love see a performance of “The Becoming” that transitions into “Somewhat Damaged.”

ultimatebdp
04-09-2018, 12:02 PM
The Fragile Deviations 1 album inspired me to check out other instrumental versions to appreciate them in a new light. These are my favorites. It’s pretty cool to hear the little nuances you regularly miss under the vocal track!

Capital G
Closer
Every Day is Exactly the Same
All The Love In The World

Kulerage
04-10-2018, 08:15 PM
The Fragile Deviations 1 album inspired me to check out other instrumental versions to appreciate them in a new light. These are my favorites. It’s pretty cool to hear the little nuances you regularly miss under the vocal track!

Capital G
Closer
Every Day is Exactly the Same
All The Love In The World
I found an instrumental of Last taken from Rock Band. It's just as awesome

botley
04-10-2018, 08:23 PM
I found an instrumental of Last taken from Rock Band. It's just as awesome
This one (https://soundcloud.com/botleysmith/last-instrumental)?

Bachy
04-11-2018, 01:52 AM
When someone tells me they think “Closer” is too vulgar:

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l3E6uhDAN3W7vylji/giphy.gif

[PLAYS “BIG MAN WITH A GUN.”]

ZeroSum
04-11-2018, 02:00 AM
I have been doing a "poem a day" challenge to help me get over some emotional trauma. Still in the early phases, and I'm not typically a poet, but it's been fun to scrap together random ideas. Today, I found myself writing about Trent. I felt like sharing, and reading more writing if anyone else has ever done the same.

The Gift of the Road Trip

In the 90s, you said that when your fullest sense of the world
Comes from what’s programmed and
Beamed down to your dusty, isolated, small town television set,
The implicit message is that none of what appears on the screen
Could ever really be
“For you”;
None of its images or stories
None of its places or people
Not even its sound
Could ever be things you truly
“move with.”
I’ve always known you were right
And I learned on my own that
When you can never feel part of the outside
Resentment
Becomes a comfort
And your four walls
A dead womb.

Teenaged, I watched you clear all the light from a screen.
Your dark silhouette and the slow pull of your hand
Cloaked the vibrant terror behind you in erasure’s dark curtain,
Until once again you emerged
To invert twilight into dawn.
The dopamine drip made my limbs quiver and shake and move
Even long after you said goodnight to the ghouls
and your sound disappeared
Between the red rocks.

Ten years later, I passed your childhood town
Unexpectedly:
A spot in the road called Mercer, in Pennsylvania,
Pop. 1,911.
I stopped to see the
Gravel roads and boarded up houses,
The suspicious stares and a red brick school building;
The gas stations like the ones everywhere else and
Large confederate flags in Northern lawns.
It was an atrophied place, lit by the glow of television.
I laughed at my reflection
I got the hell out
I moved with a world

chuckrh
04-11-2018, 02:05 AM
Hey Trent: Lindsey Buckingham is a free agent now. Just saying.... :rolleyes:

buzburbank
04-11-2018, 07:05 AM
Hey Trent: Lindsey Buckingham is a free agent now. Just saying.... :rolleyes:

Further Down the Chain?

Second Hand That Feeds News?

botley
04-11-2018, 07:10 AM
You Make Discipline Fun

Not That Funny Anymore

ekrekel
04-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Terrible Little Lies

I'm good with this as long as all music videos are produced and directed by Ken Ehrlich

chuckrh
04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Tusk! That is a dark little ditty for sure.

Kulerage
04-11-2018, 06:35 PM
This one (https://soundcloud.com/botleysmith/last-instrumental)?
Yuppo. Kinda sucks that the game redid some parts, but still gets the job done.

Amaro
04-14-2018, 01:50 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7r6qv4pPH1r3dthwo1_1280.jpg

Halo Infinity
04-14-2018, 10:11 PM
As of now I just wanted to say that I am very happy and satisfied to now have both Not The Actual Events and Add Violence on CD.

Thanks again, Trent Reznor. :D

Shunt
04-15-2018, 05:59 AM
As of now I just wanted to say that I am very happy and satisfied to now have both Not The Actual Events and Add Violence on CD.

Thanks again, Trent Reznor. :D

Now we only have to wait for Deviations, Before the Flood and surely Patriots Day on CD.

Trent dislikes CDs, I dislike vinyl. Oh, well.

BenAkenobi
04-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Happy 11th Year Zero!

nooneimportant
04-17-2018, 03:42 AM
For some reason, I keep imagining Trent saying "I'm gonna dive and slam" during the chorus part of 10 Miles High. It's amazing.

sweeterthan
04-17-2018, 09:27 AM
If I recall correctly, I listened to year zero every day for about five years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magnolia
04-17-2018, 09:45 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180417/6b9382a688f318d60473896b55761117.jpg

I really enjoy reading all of the different email sign-off’s. Wonder who exactly is writing them? This one gave me a good laugh.

WorzelG
04-17-2018, 10:57 AM
For some reason, I keep imagining Trent saying "I'm gonna dive and slam" during the chorus part of 10 Miles High. It's amazing.
Whatever happened with that song title ? I'm sure it actually was on the official ASCAP database. I'm thinking it sounds like a Fight Club type of thing, perhaps for that possibly ill fated musical

TheBang
04-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Whatever happened with that song title ? I'm sure it actually was on the official ASCAP database.
It was a hoax.

Swykk
04-18-2018, 07:46 AM
I was just listening to “I Have The Touch” by Peter Gabriel and thought it would be a perfect song for Trent to cover.

eversonpoe
04-18-2018, 09:41 AM
I was just listening to “I Have The Touch” by Peter Gabriel and thought it would be a perfect song for Trent to cover.

there's a LOT of PG songs i'd love to hear trent cover. if it was still 1994 trent, i'd want "shock the monkey" (though it's a bit of an obvious choice). these days i'd love to hear him do something like "exposure" with pino on bass.

botley
04-18-2018, 01:02 PM
Laced Records is putting out Mick Gordon's original DOOM game soundtrack on vinyl & CD (https://www.lacedrecords.co/collections/doom). I wonder if they will also be the ones who eventually put out the TR/NIN Quake soundtrack on vinyl...

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
04-18-2018, 03:10 PM
Still waiting for Trent to cover Depeche Mode......still waiting....

sheepdean
04-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Laced Records is putting out Mick Gordon's original DOOM game soundtrack on vinyl & CD (https://www.lacedrecords.co/collections/doom). I wonder if they will also be the ones who eventually put out the TR/NIN Quake soundtrack on vinyl...
I'm reallllllly hoping it's iam8bit or DataDiscs, they do some damn good VG vinyl

eversonpoe
04-18-2018, 10:33 PM
I'm reallllllly hoping it's iam8bit or DataDiscs, they do some damn good VG vinyl

the 4x10" steven universe set that iam8bit put out is incredible. i finally listened to it over the weekend and it sounded fantastic. not to mention the remarkable packaging.

sheepdean
04-19-2018, 12:26 PM
the 4x10" steven universe set that iam8bit put out is incredible. i finally listened to it over the weekend and it sounded fantastic. not to mention the remarkable packaging.
Try the owlboy soundtrack, beauty in packaging and fidelity

botley
04-19-2018, 11:10 PM
It would be nice to see NIN partner with one of these smaller labels to do the non-Interscope reissues, going forward (ie. The Slip, Quake etc.), for further 'Definitive' vinyl/digital remasters. Perhaps they would even license one of them to do Still as a stand-alone EP... TR or AR can write the essays this time! Would be great to see and hear these remasters eventually.

WorzelG
04-22-2018, 03:28 PM
The Tension tour footage on the YouTube Vevo channel still has the Spring 2014 Blu-ray release date and promises tons of extra content, surround sound and more. I would absolutely love to hear Black Noise somewhat the way it was intended since no one got to see it internationally, I doubt YouTube does it much justice

StockAvuryah
04-22-2018, 05:01 PM
The Tension tour footage on the YouTube Vevo channel still has the Spring 2014 Blu-ray release date and promises tons of extra content, surround sound and more. I would absolutely love to hear Black Noise somewhat the way it was intended since no one got to see it internationally, I doubt YouTube does it much justice

Man we need a full documentary like the little videos from vevo...

mfte
04-22-2018, 09:13 PM
The Tension blueray plays on repeat in purgatory. Can anyone confirm?

Deacon Blackfire
04-22-2018, 10:42 PM
Between the footage they have of all the Wave Goodbye club shows (besides Webster Hall) and the MIA Tension release (which sounds like it was going to include multiple shows and lineups from 2013-2014), there is so much amazing documentation of Nine Inch Nails live that will probably never see the light of day and that is just depressing. Like it is practically criminal to never release the Wave Goodbye footage.

Remember this video? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02tL7YymAmc)

Now imagine a whole DVD of that. Any one of the shows they filmed at that time would be an unbelievable release.

nooneimportant
04-23-2018, 03:57 AM
Between the footage they have of all the Wave Goodbye club shows (besides Webster Hall) and the MIA Tension release (which sounds like it was going to include multiple shows and lineups from 2013-2014), there is so much amazing documentation of Nine Inch Nails live that will probably never see the light of day and that is just depressing. Like it is practically criminal to never release the Wave Goodbye footage.

Now imagine a whole DVD of that. Any one of the shows they filmed at that time would be an unbelievable release.

If they had an official NIN release of the TDS show, they would single handedly end the market on live DVD's from other musicians because it would be so fucking good.

ninjaw
04-23-2018, 04:11 AM
Remember that they did shot a lot for the 94 tour this were confirmed in the itw of the man who made Hurt: he did also shot a lot for a release

botley
04-23-2018, 09:13 AM
In case you thought ninjaw was just being cryptic, Simon Maxwell is the director and he talks about it here (http://pantograph-punch.com/post/interview-with-simon-maxwell).

ryanmcfly
04-23-2018, 03:42 PM

They filmed the LA Tension Show, The Vienna show, and the Houston show. Would have been a killer box set. Wish that along with the 2009 Videos came out. They filmed like 20 or so more on stage videos as well. Mostly just wanted them for the audio rips of the songs.

katara
04-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Perhaps they're saving it for the Hesitation Marks 10 year anniversary. It's already 5 years old; what's another 5?

Or alternatively, it'll be a posthumous release.

04-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Its criminal that TDS tour only has 1 definitive pro shot (Woodstock)...The longest tour they ever did and by most accounts, their greatest tour....1 Pro shot....Would be nice to see TR leak something out of the vaults and throw it up there for everyone to grab

Krazy
04-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Its criminal that TDS tour only has 1 definitive pro shot (Woodstock)...The longest tour they ever did and by most accounts, their greatest tour....1 Pro shot....Would be nice to see TR leak something out of the vaults and throw it up there for everyone to grab

I was super bummed when watching Closure back when it came out. Bought it since I thought it was a pro shot of the arena tour. :/

implanted_microchip
04-23-2018, 09:38 PM
I love Closure for what it is and as a younger fan it’s always felt like a cool window into another time and another place that i didn’t get to be in but I’ve always thought it was weird that when Trent leaked the DVD it didn’t include any full show footage. Nowadays tour DVDs are pretty much nonexistent and I feel like labels have no interest in funding any ambitious ones. YouTube is cool and the amount of good quality footage is only getting better as time goes by but the fact that the experience of a set like AATCHB or even the AVOTT set is all but gone sucks.

Bachy
04-24-2018, 02:03 PM
The “Copy of A” remix that was released exclusively to Beats needs an official NIN release so I can add it back to my library.

hobochic
04-24-2018, 02:18 PM

That era was and should be what it is: Gritty
Crispy NIN came with AATCHB and I love it, but TDS on album & live was always like stock footage badly exposed.

Demogorgon
04-24-2018, 02:38 PM
there's a LOT of PG songs i'd love to hear trent cover. if it was still 1994 trent, i'd want "shock the monkey" (though it's a bit of an obvious choice). these days i'd love to hear him do something like "exposure" with pino on bass.

"The Tower That Ate People" would be a solid Gabriel track to slip into the NIN repertoire.

TheBang
04-24-2018, 04:03 PM
The “Copy of A” remix that was released exclusively to Beats needs an official NIN release so I can add it back to my library.
You can download it here.

jmtd
04-25-2018, 02:30 AM
The meltdown gig will be Everything’s live debut

katara
04-25-2018, 04:48 AM
"The Tower That Ate People" would be a solid Gabriel track to slip into the NIN repertoire.
I'd personally love to hear Darkness (maybe too obvious; it sounds like a NIN song already) or Signal to Noise.

Also, the minimalist Lead A Normal Life might be interesting. It's like a Ghosts track from 1980.

EndlessLoveless
04-25-2018, 10:14 AM

No self control would be incredible.

spiralout
04-25-2018, 03:32 PM
No self control would be incredible.

I’ll add The Intruder to that list.

nmitchell86
04-25-2018, 05:26 PM
too fucked up to care anymore...

ultimatebdp
04-26-2018, 10:45 AM

That video and The Becoming (https://youtu.be/rKSInoRXHew)live video are my favorites on all the interwebs!!

butter_hole
04-27-2018, 03:26 AM
The first song on the new SLEEP album, the Sciences, sounds a lot like a Ghosts song at parts. 23 ghosts III.

The Wubwubwub part. Get it?

Prettybrokenspiral
04-28-2018, 12:55 PM
12/19/16

1. Something I Can Never Have
2. Hurt
3. And All That Could Have Been
4. Right Where It Belongs
5. Zero Sum
6. Ruiner
7. La Mer
8. We're In This Together
9. While I'm Still Here
10. Non-Entity

4/28/18

1. Something I Can Never Have
2. Hurt
3. And All That Could Have Been
4. Right Where It Belongs
5. Zero Sum
6. A Warm Place
7. Maybe Just Once
8. While I'm Still Here
9. La Mer
10. Ruiner / Even Deeper

elevenism
04-28-2018, 05:48 PM
I was super bummed when watching Closure back when it came out. Bought it since I thought it was a pro shot of the arena tour. :/
You were BUMMED by Closure? When it came out? REALLY?Hell I didn't even know what Pro Shot meant back then.
I just knew that it was a dirty, gritty ass NIN VHS tape, ha, and I watched it over and over.
I may have been a bit frightened by it, but that was the extent of any negative feelings.

Krazy
04-28-2018, 06:10 PM
You were BUMMED by Closure? When it came out? REALLY?Hell I didn't even know what Pro Shot meant back then.
I just knew that it was a dirty, gritty ass NIN VHS tape, ha, and I watched it over and over.
I may have been a bit frightened by it, but that was the extent of any negative feelings.

Im not even sure if “pro shot” was even a term back then to be honest. I did think we were getting “professionally shot” footage of the arena tour. I mean, the Hurt video was already out and all over MTV. It was fair to speculate they recorded shows.

I found the documentary to be boring, on top of disappointment from not getting a complete concert.

elevenism
04-28-2018, 06:44 PM
Im not even sure if “pro shot” was even a term back then to be honest. I did think we were getting “professionally shot” footage of the arena tour. I mean, the Hurt video was already out and all over MTV. It was fair to speculate they recorded shows.

I found the documentary to be boring, on top of disappointment from not getting a complete concert.

i think that, for me, being 17 when it came out, it was more like "this is what it is," you know? like if i didn't like it, i wasn't "getting it" or something.
so there's that. i didn't question things much at that age.
also, i didn't expect it to be...i didn't have any expectations about it at all i guess.
i REALLY liked the video aspect of it and found the videos to be fucking horrifying, which was really cool.

speaking of that hurt video, i was at the Dallas show where some of it was filmed, which is probably the coolest NIN thing i've ever been party to.
Edit:
i need to amend this and say i GODDAMN sure don't think this makes me "special" or any shit like that.
it's just a cool coincidence.

sick among the pure
04-28-2018, 11:55 PM
I came late enough to NIN where Closure not being a straightforward "professional" video didn't bother me, since I missed out on grabbing it on VHS and only saw it in full when the Torrent came out. I really liked the documentary aspect of seeing what their life touring at the time was like, and wish we could see more footage like that (from previous tours or future ones, Josh's YouTube videos and the few NIN behind the scenes tour videos were amazing for that). It's less of a "live video" and more of an "art video including clips of live performance" and that seems very fitting for the time especially.

BenAkenobi
04-29-2018, 01:29 AM
Now thinking about it, Closure could benefit from some talk between songs, from the band and their crew, how much gear they took on tour, how much of it they broke, how they feel about particular songs or sequences of songs, how they debuted/dropped songs during tour, about their rapidly raising popularity, maybe some inclusion of local radio/tv guest spots at the time... this kind of stuff.

So that we learn a little more about mid-90s nin than basic "rage and chaos". I'm not exactly "bummed" though, and i respect the decision to make it less of a documentary in traditional sense, but it'd be cool.

elevenism
04-29-2018, 03:29 AM
It's less of a "live video" and more of an "art video including clips of live performance" and that seems very fitting for the time especially.
This exactly.
And those videos, good god. Pinion, Sin, Happiness In Slavery: these days most fans have seen those clips from around the interwebs, but back then, that was the first and only place most of us had seen them and it was pretty intense. To me it was kind of like a "holy Jesus Trent is into some creepier shit than I realized" moment, ha.

theimage13
04-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Random NIN thought:

If I never get to see Burning Bright live (in person), I'm going to be irrationally angry.

BenAkenobi
05-01-2018, 02:04 AM
Random NIN thought:

If I never get to see Burning Bright live (in person), I'm going to be irrationally angry.

But the described condition makes it rational!
F*** logic, right?

sweeterthan
05-01-2018, 05:24 AM
Random NIN thought:

I went to Vegas last year to hear it and TBW. Worth it.

implanted_microchip
05-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Random NIN thought:

It is so unbelievably incredible. Probably my favorite live NIN song.

buckaroo
05-01-2018, 09:29 AM
This time waiting for announcements (release, tour) is really killing me. I can handle the long waits in between, but when it gets to the point that something is imminent I can't take it. Every time nin.com loads slowly or generates an error I get really excited and then... I'm sure you know how it goes.

EndlessLoveless
05-01-2018, 11:12 AM
It is so unbelievably incredible. Probably my favorite live NIN song.

Not sure I ever replied to you regarding this. Before witnessing it live at riot fest, I was concerned with the megaphone vocals. But they were incredible live, you were right.

Not sure I ever told this story but my cousin works for the chicago park district and got us all into the VIP area. Free drinks, right against the rail on right side of stage. I've seen NIN many many times from fragility on, with teeth club shows, LITS, the wave goodbye shows, etc....the riot fest performance was their peak as a live band. They never sounded better. It was truly unreal. I almost shit when the background world started.

elevenism
05-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Damnit @kleiner352 (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=4417) and EndlessLoveless . The way y'all are talking is making me start to get desperate to see an NIN show soon.
I thought I was good, having seen Self Destruct/FTDS a couple of times and got some Fragility and then LITS. I felt like the TDS stuff was fucking incredible but LITS was actually better in a way.

All I can do is cross my fingers that they will play Denver: my brother and his family live there, it's only 5 hours away from this part of texas, and my mom and wife both really want to see NIN. This is pretty much the only trip I can justify without feeling guilty about the money and absence.

We could visit my brother and catch the show and it would all line up nicely. I'm crossing my fingers for some sort of Denver show.

wizfan
05-03-2018, 06:31 AM
Lo and behold, the great-great-grandparent of Less Than. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPC8Yz7gNQ

joplinpicasso
05-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Lo and behold, the great-great-grandparent of Less Than. You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vPC8Yz7gNQ

I appreciated your framing. Loved.

implanted_microchip
05-06-2018, 12:56 PM
I would love to see Trent and Atticus do a What’s In My Bag episode, I’m almost a little surprised they haven’t. It’s always interesting seeing the stuff artists choose and Trent is usually so great about discussing music he loves, they’d really be great guests for it.

StockAvuryah
05-08-2018, 06:59 AM
I never liked the fact that the music video for "The Day The World Went Away" was scrapped even though there was decent amount of footage. I decided to stitch it up and compile it using the provided footage. See if it fits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOsqtAlpB4

Where did you get the footage ? Any download link in highest quality possible of the multiple sources ? Or just the name of the sources, to ask other people about it, maybe.

StockAvuryah
05-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Anyone knows what's the live video where Trent wears some kind of black outfit with military boots with an armband ? It's during the day, and I think they're playing Closer and he got some effect when he says the animal part. Might be part of a Year Zero tour.

Appreciating the help.

wizfan
05-08-2018, 01:00 PM
Trent and Atticus - What’s In My Bag

It's Jerry. It's always Jerry.

sick among the pure
05-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Anyone knows what's the live video where Trent wears some kind of black outfit with military boots with an armband ? It's during the day, and I think they're playing Closer and he got some effect when he says the animal part. Might be part of a Year Zero tour.

Appreciating the help.

Black outfit could be pretty much any tour, military boots pretty much every tour too. Armband with the "r" from the AIR flag would be Performance 2007, if it was more like a "The Slip"-style patch, that was Wave Goodbye.

Jon
05-08-2018, 05:53 PM

Appreciating the help.

August 22, 2007 -- Dublin... Might not be the exact video, but is this the outfit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV3kfmu5VDE

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Shout out to TR for bestowing us with "Discipline." I will never not have a road trip karaoke session to that song.

05-09-2018, 11:07 AM

Appreciating the help.

Black outfit with military boots...So that could be any show from 1994, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2017

StockAvuryah
05-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Black outfit could be pretty much any tour, military boots pretty much every tour too. Armband with the "r" from the AIR flag would be Performance 2007, if it was more like a "The Slip"-style patch, that was Wave Goodbye.

Yep, it was the "r" armband, so around that time.

August 22, 2007 -- Dublin... Might not be the exact video, but is this the outfit?

Annnd I think that's it yeah. I remember seeing it much closer but that's practically it, thank you very much ! edit : It's EXACTLY the one edit2 : hmmm there's a flying camera @1:00, I wonder where that vid is

Black outfit with military boots...So that could be any show from 1994, 1995, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2017

Oh yeah he always plays during the day, he always plays Closer and he always got some effect when he says the animal part. And he has only done a Year Zero tour, no other tour.

Jordan
05-09-2018, 10:12 PM
Here's a thought. With all the emphasis on "Physical Experience" that NIN has been pushing lately (Vinyl, Physical components, ticket lines at venues), where the fuck is the physical Bluray of the shows they've recorded? I'll gladly go to a physical location and wait in line for that!

Sarah K
05-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Spring, 2014.

sheepdean
05-10-2018, 09:03 PM
Can't wait for Shit Mirror to be a slow, thoughtful song in the vein of Hurt and AATCHB

eversonpoe
05-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Can't wait for Shit Mirror to be a slow, thoughtful song in the vein of Hurt and AATCHB

"i hang this mirror of shit
upon my bathroom wall
it's really hard to see
anything at all"

Pbgut
05-10-2018, 10:44 PM
It's been too long since we had a really solid studio cover by NIN. I know we had the Halloween theme song, and we have HTDA's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" from 2011 or so, but ... I want a solid pop/rock/new wave cover. A full studio version of "I Can't Give Everything Away" would be great, but I'd take another new track too since that was more of a live tribute.

BRoswell
05-11-2018, 12:53 AM
It's been too long since we had a really solid studio cover by NIN. I know we had the Halloween theme song, and we have HTDA's "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" from 2011 or so, but ... I want a solid pop/rock/new wave cover. A full studio version of "I Can't Give Everything Away" would be great, but I'd take another new track too since that was more of a live tribute.

Don't forget Zoo Station, which I still think is a great cover, even if it's on the quieter side of things.

Pbgut
05-11-2018, 01:05 AM
Don't forget Zoo Station, which I still think is a great cover, even if it's on the quieter side of things.

Ah! I always forget about Zoo Station. But that's still 7 years ago! I want a new studio cover! :)

fillow
05-11-2018, 02:58 AM
^^
I hope Trent does something unique and pertinent, like an exact copy of Personal Jesus (if it's not already taken)

Kyle
05-11-2018, 03:11 AM
A dancing in the streets duet with a Bowie hologram or gtfo

sweeterthan
05-11-2018, 05:42 AM
I still think he should cover “madman across the water” by Elton John. It’s dark and very symphonic.

Skeptikk
05-11-2018, 08:44 AM
"You've been temporarily locked out due to suspicious behaviour. Please try again later."

nin.com

ARG?

;)

fillow
05-11-2018, 08:51 AM
It's been happening for weeks with random people already. Jesus.

shagg_187
05-14-2018, 06:55 PM
Where did you get the footage ? Any download link in highest quality possible of the multiple sources ? Or just the name of the sources, to ask other people about it, maybe.
I got it from Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/66175478

Dimitri.
05-15-2018, 04:36 PM
A Minute to Breathe is right there with AATCHB, The Great Below, Hurt, SICNH... One of the most beautifu track they ever made. Should have been NIN.

bryan_NIN65
05-15-2018, 08:02 PM
So with all this physical presale talk who out there is fucking rocking "Physical". The can't remember if I posted during the solar eclipse, but I was rocking sunspots hard that day! Now with the cave, sun talk the new slipmat, ect make want to ducking crank it again. Sunspots is probably in my top 5 favprite NIN songs, someday it's number one.

Ribbitman
05-15-2018, 08:49 PM
So with all this physical presale talk who out there is fucking rocking "Physical". The can't remember if I posted during the solar eclipse, but I was rocking sunspots hard that day! Now with the cave, sun talk the new slipmat, ect make want to ducking crank it again. Sunspots is probably in my top 5 favprite NIN songs, someday it's number one.
Sunspots is my number 2

sonic_discord
05-16-2018, 10:28 PM
Anyone else having a difficult time getting nin.com to load? For the past week I've been noticing that it takes FOREVER to load, sometimes failing to load at all, sometimes it only loads the text in an html format where things like the site menu and updates are unordered lists displayed as a bulleted list, with no images. Today I've been getting the message about being temporarily locked out a few times. Yet it seems to always work just fine on my phone...

Bachy
05-16-2018, 10:30 PM
I’ve always loved that image of the snake in the “Hurt” live performance. I never realized its significance till now. It appears just before Trent sings “What have I become?” — So essentially (obviously [not to me before]) it can symbolize the shedding of ones skin, like a snake. That is some provocative shit.

http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/4504412_1280x720.jpg

Sandy Phimester
05-16-2018, 11:31 PM

Sunspots is my number 2

I swear I heard them jamming it in warm-up/rehearsals on the With Teeth tour. On the tracked page of NIN stuff played live it's listed as only as a warm up track before the show, that was me that noted it - I was so excited that show to possibly hear it, but then nothing - and I don't think was ever played live. My ears could have been deceiving me but it was also one of my favourite NIN tracks, and I loved that album, so I was so excited to hear it. I wonder why he never gave it a shot... such a beautiful song.

Ribbitman
05-17-2018, 12:01 AM
I swear I heard them jamming it in warm-up/rehearsals on the With Teeth tour. On the tracked page of NIN stuff played live it's listed as only as a warm up track before the show, that was me that noted it - I was so excited that show to possibly hear it, but then nothing - and I don't think was ever played live. My ears could have been deceiving me but it was also one of my favourite NIN tracks, and I loved that album, so I was so excited to hear it. I wonder why he never gave it a shot... such a beautiful song.
I think they don't do it live because he can't/it hurts to get his voice that high

sick among the pure
05-17-2018, 02:57 AM
I think they don't do it live because he can't/it hurts to get his voice that high

That's the reason they quit doing WITT, at least. Could be the reason. Or maybe he just wasn't happy with how it sounded.

Ribbitman
05-17-2018, 03:22 AM
That's the reason they quit doing WITT, at least. Could be the reason. Or maybe he just wasn't happy with how it sounded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtkdJfF8BOo

Found it. You can tell around :54 why it's just not feasible live imo. Which is a shame because its my 2nd favorite song

theimage13
05-17-2018, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnC-FLtVqes

I was listening to She's Gone Away, and then suddenly at the first "she's gone, she's gone, she's gone away" I remembered this video. And now I can't stop laughing.

_T_B_W_
05-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Happy 53rd Birthday Trent!

eversonpoe
05-17-2018, 10:49 AM
Happy 53rd Birthday Trent!

oh man i was so caught up in the excitement about the new song that i forgot!!!

StockAvuryah
05-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Holy shit The Idea Of You + The Line Begins To Blur works perfectly fucking good

OoopiDoop
05-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Happy Birthday Trent! Didn't see a birthday thread. Of course. The day that I don't check ETS is when NIN puts the new single out. Time to go listen....

Halo Infinity
05-17-2018, 07:28 PM
The overall/general chills/anticipation over a new Nine Inch Nails release and tour on the same exact year are sometimes all too real and too much to bear for me. I know I should be joyful, but it sometimes makes me anxious. I don't know exactly how to put it but being psyched also gets me anxious sometimes. It's like With Teeth and Hesitation Marks on me all over again. (I would also count The Slip, but I attended a show in 2009 instead of 2008.) I also certainly hope it'll be that way too, as I hope to attend the upcoming show around my way this year as well.

I think it's also because even if I saw NIN 3 times already, I did it alone in 2013. This isn't to say that I can't enjoy a concert by myself, as I have done it before, but it's so much better with real life friends/acquaintances. (And I kind of felt more in place.)

I know I'll get over it once it's over, but it's bound to happen each and every single time. At least they're good chills though, on the account of being psyched, but damn. And well, also wanting to get the chance to see any songs from Not The Actual Events, Add Violence and Bad Witch live are making me even more hopped up on NIN.

botley
05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Someone posted a pro-shot GnR video from 1992 and posted it to poetv, noting that the first five minutes are a time capsule. I DGAF about GnR, but I clicked through just to take a look.
After about a minute, Head Like a Hole starts playing on the PA, while women in the crowd flash the videocamera.

What was that provisional title for the follow-up album to The Downward Spiral, again? Music for Titty Bars?

Anyway there's a new Gary Numan & Ade Fenton remix of a Simple Minds track (https://www.facebook.com/GaryNumanOfficial/videos/1692696310810298/) that has a distinct... influence... from NIN's "Echoplex" (although, to be fair, that guitar riff was in the original... they just put that beat underneath it).

thefragile_jake
05-18-2018, 01:09 PM
My biggest issue when there's new Nine Inch Nails material and a tour I'm seeing is that it becomes all I listen to a long time and then I burn myself out on just even the regular set staples by the time I actually see them live. I mean, I do it to myself ... but I can't help it because of my anticipation. I love downloading the bootlegs for all the shows I've seen or were in St. Louis and listening to them on my walks. I'm sure if I just kind of went into the show cold turkey for a few weeks, songs like "Wish" or "Head Like a Hole" might have more of an appreciation to me because it's been a minute since I've heard them.

While my brother and I had an AMAZING time being front row on the rails of the Tension show in STL back in 2013, the encore selection was so underwhelming it kind of took me out of the moment and I felt like I was a little pissy towards the end of the night. It was his first time seeing Nine Inch Nails and I've always apologized if I seemed butt hurt towards the end of the night ... but it was still fun.

I know Trent made a comment about not wanting to tour forever, but I certainly hope he makes exceptions.

Pbgut
05-18-2018, 03:49 PM
My biggest issue when there's new Nine Inch Nails material and a tour I'm seeing is that it becomes all I listen to a long time and then I burn myself out on just even the regular set staples by the time I actually see them live. I mean, I do it to myself ... but I can't help it because of my anticipation. I love downloading the bootlegs for all the shows I've seen or were in St. Louis and listening to them on my walks. I'm sure if I just kind of went into the show cold turkey for a few weeks, songs like "Wish" or "Head Like a Hole" might have more of an appreciation to me because it's been a minute since I've heard them.

While my brother and I had an AMAZING time being front row on the rails of the Tension show in STL back in 2013, the encore selection was so underwhelming it kind of took me out of the moment and I felt like I was a little pissy towards the end of the night. It was his first time seeing Nine Inch Nails and I've always apologized if I seemed butt hurt towards the end of the night ... but it was still fun.

I know Trent made a comment about not wanting to tour forever, but I certainly hope he makes exceptions.

I'm gonna burn out if I'm not careful. I never saw them during my initial childhood/teenage fandom, but finally caught them at Webster Hall last year after falling back in love and it was wonderful. And the whole catalogue has been in regular rotation since.

But yeah, on the last comment, I am a bit worried, especially if I don't get tickets tomorrow. The man did say back in the mid to late 90s that he wanted to work on film soundtracks, and he won an Oscar. I know there are plenty of dropped NIN projects but it seems like, on the whole, he successfully does what he wants. So if he says he's going to eventually retire from touring, I imagine he means it.

thefragile_jake
05-18-2018, 04:01 PM
So if he says he's going to eventually retire from touring, I imagine he means it.

To be fair though too ... he touted that a lot in 2009 and then 2013 happened, haha ... so there's always hope.

nihilmatters
05-18-2018, 04:14 PM
I wish I could hear the cool NIN kid songs he's made for his 3 little ones. #HeCan'tGiveEverythingAway

Pbgut
05-18-2018, 04:19 PM
To be fair though too ... he touted that a lot in 2009 and then 2013 happened, haha ... so there's always hope.

I thought he said it was time to put NIN away for awhile or some quote to that effect. I wasn't under the impression that it was permanent then, but I wasn't paying super close attention. And even now, he hasn't stated an exact end point.

wizfan
05-18-2018, 04:52 PM
I found where the drum loop in 24 Ghosts III is from: it's in the "321 Kaboom" construction kit from Public Enemy's sample library by East West. (https://ask.audio/articles/eastwest-releases-25th-anniversary-collection) Trent did list The Bomb Squad's production on Public Enemy's classic records as an influence on Year Zero, and he sampled "Welcome to the Terrordome" on the Saul Williams song "Tr(n)igger", but I would have never imagined him actually using a loop from a PE sample library (albeit sped up and processed, as the drum track of 24 Ghosts III is named "Filtered Beat").

Or maybe it was Atticus' idea. :D

tony_crisp
05-18-2018, 10:20 PM
What was that provisional title for the follow-up album to Buttfuck Parlor Time, again? Music for Titty Bars?

Fixed this one for you my dude no worries

eversonpoe
05-19-2018, 06:16 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/65304d03796c7ef5397f86951cacaa0a/tumblr_p8zn7vWWWE1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

https://78.media.tumblr.com/90e11cb83b389e0df1529e96841809b4/tumblr_p8zh6uCGtG1qzcvl5o1_500.jpg

welp, i had a pretty good day. HUGE props to heavenly_bearded & Blackbookpress1984 for being awesome and letting me join them in line <3

Jordan
05-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Does anyone else think the titles of NTAE and AV should be swapped?

neorev
05-19-2018, 09:33 PM
Does anyone else think the titles of NTAE and AV should be swapped?

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. Not The Actual Events is definitely the more violent sounding one.

gorast
05-19-2018, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure if I like the Add Violence slipmat from the presale today more than the one from nin.com, but I want one all the same. Kind of wish I'd been up early to see the merch options so I could try and get someone to get it for me. No big deal, though. I'm more disappointed that the closest date to me was in Atlanta.

botley
05-19-2018, 11:32 PM
This tour is going to be legendary. I hope it gets properly filmed in Chicago — those three nights have to be documented.

sick among the pure
05-19-2018, 11:52 PM
This tour is going to be legendary. I hope it gets properly filmed in Chicago — those three nights have to be documented.

Considering the last time they played there, and multiple nights in a row, they were filmed... but we never saw any of the footage...
(still a little bummed about that since I was there and Robin's camera man definitely got me in a few crowd shots)

Ribbitman
05-20-2018, 12:18 AM
I thought this whole "Get people out and socializing" thing was great

Pbgut
05-20-2018, 12:32 AM
I thought this whole "Get people out and socializing" thing was great

Seriously. As great as forums are, and even though I've had access to either AOL since I was six and the internet since I was 12, I do think there is actually a lot lost if it's used to the extent that it rapidly came to be, especially once broadband hit. I think there's a healthier way to use the internet than a lot of people do (myself for sure, anyway), which is to use it more as a tool or augmentation of the real, physical world and less as a cost effective replacement for meaningful social, public spaces and interactions. And my experience today was a really good reminder of that. I'm not sure what the answer is, but I don't think it's really a "get off my lawn" thing to point out the potentially isolating effects of the internet or to provide an alternative.

simonn
05-20-2018, 02:14 AM
Is there a Bad Witch listening booth thread that I'm not seeing, in relation to the ticket sales yesterday - I think I've only seen one person comment? :confused:

sweeterthan
05-20-2018, 02:17 AM
Is there a Bad Witch listening booth thread that I'm not seeing, in relation to the ticket sales yesterday - I think I've only seen one person comment? :confused:

People are posting about the listening station in the bad witch thread.

imail724
05-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can now get your very own bag of NIN coffee...

https://i.imgur.com/uo5HMd8.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/vgQiisF

https://www.darkmattercoffee.com/products/cold-and-black-and-infinite-nine-inch-nails-blend

I ordered a bag and will report back later

The blend celebrates the release of the third and final EP, Cold And Black And Infinite, the final in the trilogy of EPs that started with 2016's Not The Actual Events, followed by Add Violence.Uhhh.... is this officially licensed? lol

eversonpoe
05-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Uhhh.... is this officially licensed? lol

yes, they were serving it at the aragon yesterday (dark matter is chicago-based)

imail724
05-20-2018, 04:03 PM
yes, they were serving it at the aragon yesterday (dark matter is chicago-based)
Cool! Any idea if it's whole bean or ground? And was it any good (assuming you tried some)?

Tumnayar
05-20-2018, 08:37 PM
They really missed the opportunity for "Bad Witch's Brew"

nooneimportant
05-20-2018, 09:09 PM
Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can now get your very own bag of NIN coffee...

https://www.darkmattercoffee.com/products/cold-and-black-and-infinite-nine-inch-nails-blend

Why wasn't it called Coffee of A?

ManBurning
05-20-2018, 09:20 PM
I'm gonna order a bag for myself as well when I get home. I stopped drinking coffee myself, but this is more of a collectors item than to consume. Anyone notice the bottom says coffee #1 and coffee #2? Do you get 2 bags with each purchase or are there 2 types of coffees and will be given one at random, or is it both in the same bag, just small samples?

captainbeyond
05-20-2018, 09:23 PM
I'm gonna order a bag for myself as well when I get home. I stopped drinking coffee myself, but this is more of a collectors item than to consume. Anyone notice the bottom says coffee #1 and coffee #2? Do you get 2 bags with each purchase or are there 2 types of coffees and will be given one at random, or is it both in the same bag, just small samples?

Coffee #1
Finca: Santa Barbara
Cultivar: Mixed Cultivar (Caturra, Colombia)
Process: Washed
Coffee #2
Finca: Tuxpal
Cultivar: Catimor
Notes: Dark Chocolate, Blood Orange, Almond
Net Wt: 12 oz

ManBurning
05-20-2018, 09:25 PM
Coffee #1
Finca: Santa Barbara
Cultivar: Mixed Cultivar (Caturra, Colombia)
Coffee #2
Finca: Tuxpal
Cultivar: Catimor
Notes: Dark Chocolate, Blood Orange, Almond
Net Wt: 12 oz

Yes, my question was: we get both per order, or is it a mystery on which one you get sent?

Demogorgon
05-20-2018, 09:25 PM

It's a blend of both the coffees listed. i.e. they are both mixed together in the same bag.

ManBurning
05-20-2018, 09:28 PM
It's a blend of both the coffees listed.

Oh! OK. Makes sense. That's the answer I was looking for, thanks. (My girlfriend actually asked me this question. I was unsure myself, she's the coffee drinker lol)

gorast
05-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Here's a random question: which of the Hesitation Marks covers do you personally consider the "canon" one? As in, which one do you most associate with the album? I always think of the digital edition (specifically the "audiophile mastered version") because that's how I listen to it most often.

sonic_discord
05-20-2018, 10:10 PM
Here's a random question: which of the Hesitation Marks covers do you personally consider the "canon" one? As in, which one do you most associate with the album? I always think of the digital edition (specifically the "audiophile mastered version") because that's how I listen to it most often.

The digital version with the burnt matches on the left side is my personal favorite as well. Trent must feel that way because it's the version used on nin.com too. I've noticed that ninwiki uses the CD covers for Hesitation Marks and NTAE, but I think someone should change them!

Kyle
05-20-2018, 11:18 PM
I thought he said it was time to put NIN away for awhile or some quote to that effect. I wasn't under the impression that it was permanent then, but I wasn't paying super close attention. And even now, he hasn't stated an exact end point.

You are 100% right. I remember multiple times in 2009 providing TR quotes to people saying "he's not quitting NIN!" He said that he was going to take a break from touring for at least a few years "maybe forever." He left forever as a possibility but specifically said he wasn't going to claim it because people would hold it against him if he came back when he honestly wasn't sure. I do think he planned to be gone longer than he actually did, but nothing he actually claimed as (opposed to what people claim he claimed) was a lie.

Jordan
05-20-2018, 11:25 PM
Here's a random question: which of the Hesitation Marks covers do you personally consider the "canon" one? As in, which one do you most associate with the album? I always think of the digital edition (specifically the "audiophile mastered version") because that's how I listen to it most often. The digital version with the burnt matches on the left side is my favorite artwork, however, the CD cover is the one I associate with the album. I personally do not like all the different cover art for different formats. I feel the album should have one set cover (CD version). And BTW, the itunes version is awful.

piggy
05-21-2018, 12:02 AM
I've noticed that ninwiki uses the CD covers for Hesitation Marks and NTAE, but I think someone should change them!
As a mod for the wiki, I can tell you that the convention is that CD art is the preferred art. This is why we have it on the main page and at the top of pages with multiple art.

sonic_discord
05-21-2018, 12:21 AM
As a mod for the wiki, I can tell you that the convention is that CD art is the preferred art. This is why we have it on the main page and at the top of pages with multiple art.

I was only half serious and didn’t mean that to offend (if that was the case). I mainly just think the artwork for the digital version was easily the coolest and it seemed to get used the most in promotional materials. I think the deluxe CD and iTunes versions were also better options for the main cover than the “standard” CD cover artwork (though I thought the vinyl was probably the weakest of the bunch). That is all obviously just my opinion, though. I do agree that historically, the “definitive cover” has been the CD cover, so that does seem to be the established convention.

nmitchell86
05-21-2018, 08:01 AM

It was like any other dark coffee, if you like coffee then it's good. I order some because I have a problem with collecting nin stuff. Gonna make a batch as cold brew though. I think I will save it for consuming with first spin of Bad Witch. Are we allowed to drink coffee when we listen to nin with our fucking phone turned off?

paul_guyet
05-21-2018, 08:25 AM

I ordered a bag and will report back laterUh...is this the physical component?

MrLobster
05-21-2018, 09:22 AM

Ordered some too... and the Unicorn Blood mug... for, uh... reasons.

MrLobster
05-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Why wasn't it called Coffee of A?

"Coffee after coffee after coffee after coffee..." and then we go into "Coffee... coffee... coffee... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDsqpeiTqg8)"

piggy
05-21-2018, 03:26 PM
I was only half serious and didn’t mean that to offend (if that was the case). I mainly just think the artwork for the digital version was easily the coolest and it seemed to get used the most in promotional materials. I think the deluxe CD and iTunes versions were also better options for the main cover than the “standard” CD cover artwork (though I thought the vinyl was probably the weakest of the bunch). That is all obviously just my opinion, though. I do agree that historically, the “definitive cover” has been the CD cover, so that does seem to be the established convention.
No worries. And I didn't mean to sound like I was reprimanding. I was just sprinkling a little info.

My favorite HM cover and the one I associate with it is the deluxe black and red version. My second favorite is the vinyl cover and my least favorite is the iTunes cover.

ryanmcfly
05-21-2018, 03:56 PM
The "cold and black and infinite with nothing left to lose" line from Branches/Bones has always resonated with me for some reason, ever since I first heard the song. Might be my first NIN tatoo.

neorev
05-21-2018, 05:27 PM
No worries. And I didn't mean to sound like I was reprimanding. I was just sprinkling a little info.

My favorite HM cover and the one I associate with it is the deluxe black and red version. My second favorite is the vinyl cover and my least favorite is the iTunes cover.

My personal favorite HM cover is this...
https://static.spin.com/files/2013/08/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks1-640x640.jpg

Followed by the deluxe digibook edition

eversonpoe
05-21-2018, 05:41 PM

ditto!

gorast
05-21-2018, 06:20 PM

I really like the deluxe edition art, too. Definitely my number 2. The iTunes cover is at the bottom for me as well, but the vinyl is right there next to it. Just felt too busy to me.

It kind of feels like Trent was given a bunch of art by Russell Mills and he couldn't decide which of the cover pieces he liked best, so he just used one for each format. I like the idea behind it, but the lack of a "definitive" cover, so to speak, harms the album's visual identity, I think. I personally always associate an album very, very strongly with its cover art, and having so many options made that difficult for HM and blunted its impact a little.

StockAvuryah
05-21-2018, 06:26 PM
I really like the deluxe edition art, too. Definitely my number 2. The iTunes cover is at the bottom for me as well, but the vinyl is right there next to it. Just felt too busy to me.

Weirdly enough I did not like the vinyl cover before getting the cover art in my hands. And my fucking god is it 100x more glorious in the physical world. You can see every single detail, you can feel it, and it looks great on the material the sleeve is made of. So different compared to a picture on a screen. And it's my favorite now.

neorev
05-21-2018, 06:26 PM
I like the idea behind it, but the lack of a "definitive" cover, so to speak, harms the album's visual identity, I think. I personally always associate an album very, very strongly with its cover art, and having so many options made that difficult for HM and blunted its impact a little.

I'm with you on that one. I rather an artist to select a cover and stick with it. The multiple cover thing feels like a gimmick to sell more copies for the hardcore OCD fan who has to have all of them. Having multiple covers causes the album to lose a bit of its identity. At least Trent didn't go the Billy Corgan route with his Zeitgeist album where he used the same artwork but different color schemes: red, purple, orange, green. It was really ugly.

sonic_discord
05-22-2018, 12:54 AM
https://static.spin.com/files/2013/08/nine-inch-nails-hesitation-marks1-640x640.jpg

Same here!

I'm with you on that one. I rather an artist to select a cover and stick with it. The multiple cover thing feels like a gimmick to sell more copies for the hardcore OCD fan who has to have all of them. Having multiple covers causes the album to lose a bit of its identity. At least Trent didn't go the Billy Corgan route with his Zeitgeist album where he used the same artwork but different color schemes: red, purple, orange, green. It was really ugly.

Didn’t Metallica pull that with St. Anger, too?

Pbgut
05-22-2018, 01:06 AM
I was just listening to Right Where It Belongs V.2. I'm sure it will be awhile before we hear from Trent and Atticus after Bad Witch but it would be wonderful to have a NIN album in the future of relatively sparse ballads with beautiful accompaniment, or at least one with more of them than is common (usually only one or two an album).

ryanmcfly
05-22-2018, 08:54 AM
I was just listening to Right Where It Belongs V.2. I'm sure it will be awhile before we hear from Trent and Atticus after Bad Witch but it would be wonderful to have a NIN album in the future of relatively sparse ballads with beautiful accompaniment, or at least one with more of them than is common (usually only one or two an album).

Would love to hear a "slower" record from the two of them. A Minute to Breathe is so good, and if that's any indication, they can make a damn good record/LP/EP of slower tracks.

FULLMETAL
05-22-2018, 10:24 AM
For some reason I have Quantum550 on mute, but it would have been nice if they said, "soon" as a rejoinder to Teitan's classic, "suck my entire cock."

bobbie solo
05-22-2018, 10:34 AM
If Quantum has responded to teitan right away with that, it would have been quite the move. Evened the playing field a bit.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-22-2018, 10:51 AM
For some reason I have Quantum550 on mute, but it would have been nice if they said, "soon" as a rejoinder to Teitan's classic, "suck my entire cock."

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CoarseBaggyKawala-max-1mb.gif

Pbgut
05-22-2018, 12:58 PM
Listening to "Was It Worth It? (Instrumental)" and I'd really love to hear the vocals he recorded for this.

buckaroo
05-22-2018, 01:02 PM
Listening to "Was It Worth It? (Instrumental)" and I'd really love to hear the vocals he recorded for this.

I was literally listening to this thinking how great this would have been with vocals actually on the album when I read your post! This and + appendage would really elevated the right disc in my opinion (which is already my preferred "side" of the Fragile).

Pbgut
05-22-2018, 01:09 PM
I was literally listening to this thinking how great this would have been with vocals actually on the album when I read your post! This and + appendage would really elevated the right disc in my opinion (which is already my preferred "side" of the Fragile).

Yep. It's one of the best outtakes, even without vocals. I also really enjoy Appendage; would have been cool to have it on the album. (I like the AATCHB vibes of "Not What It Seems Like" almost as much but I think that one doesn't stand alone as an instrumental as well.)

Also never really understood why the vinyl track listing wasn't the CD one, either — like two extra songs on a second CD of a nearly two hour album was somehow crossing the line? The two vinyl tracks are two of my favorite tracks on the album and I'm glad we have the digital version of the vinyl finally.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Reading the most recent post on nin.com's home page, something is extremely satisfying about the way the phrase "LISTEN TO GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR" sounds.

Pbgut
05-22-2018, 01:21 PM
Reading the most recent post on nin.com's home page, something is extremely satisfying about the way the phrase "LISTEN TO GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR" sounds.

The song is actually a field recording of god breaking down the door, so it's appropriate phrasing.

Dryalex12
05-22-2018, 06:56 PM
God i cant believe the Bad Witch thread got closed....again

Demogorgon
05-22-2018, 07:05 PM
God i cant believe the Bad Witch thread got closed....again

Thinking back, this is kind of what happens to every new album thread if it's still too far out from release. Speculation turns to criticism turns to infighting between new and old members. We probably all should have seen this coming.

gorast
05-22-2018, 09:05 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember the old Fragile reissue thread getting locked for that exact reason.

Sandy Phimester
05-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Ah yeah what does one expect anyway? There's almost nothing NEW to really discuss and after the "my entire cock" thing, I think it's best to simmer down until closer to release haha. But seriously, that was an amazing moment.

bobbie solo
05-23-2018, 01:13 AM
Since the Bad Witch thread got understandably closed again, here goes: I personally recommend seeking out and listening to the relatively poor quality leak of Ahead of Ourselves, especially if you're a bit meh about the track he put out last week and/or prefer the abrasive side of NIN. I think it's listenable enough, and shows promise more chaotic stuff ahead.

mikeyjt
05-23-2018, 01:52 AM
Since the Bad Witch thread got understandably closed again, here goes: I personally recommend seeking out and listening to the relatively poor quality leak of Ahead of Ourselves, especially if you're a bit meh about the track he put out last week and/or prefer the abrasive side of NIN. I think it's listenable enough, and shows promise more chaotic stuff ahead.

Part of it reminds me a little of Dogma by MM. Some Antichrist Superstar vibes there with the ring-mod vocals too...

Cheers for the heads up!

LosingFocus
05-23-2018, 03:11 AM
Part of it reminds me a little of Dogma by MM. Some Antichrist Superstar vibes there with the ring-mod vocals too...

Cheers for the heads up!

Yes he vocal phrasing when he shouts “Cel-e-bra-tion” (i think) is v MM.

Tom
05-23-2018, 06:25 AM
I kinda miss the Pinion live intro - that version of the track is really cool, teasing with the brooding synth notes and then the riff slamming in at full volume, and running a little quicker (I think) than the album version. It's a really great intro to a show.

Harry Seaward
05-23-2018, 10:58 AM
Is this simulation collapsing?

"BEIJING — An American government employee posted in southern China has signs of possible brain injury after reporting disturbing sounds and sensations, the State Department said on Wednesday, in events that seemed to draw parallels with mysterious ailments that struck American diplomats in Cuba.

Starting in late 2016, diplomats posted to the United States Embassy in Havana began complaining of hearing strange, wrenching noises and suffering symptoms like headaches, dizziness and loss of hearing. A total of 24 Americans were confirmed as suffering from the attacks, most of them diplomats and some diplomats’ spouses.

The incidents occurred in 2016, when 18 of the 21 affected diplomats reported they heard strange sounds in their homes or hotel rooms. The noises were loud and sounded like buzzing or grinding metal, or piercing squeals or humming, the diplomats recalled.

Many said they felt increased air pressure, as if they were riding in a car with the windows rolled partway down. Three diplomats said they felt a vibration.

All but one reported immediate symptoms: headache, pain in one ear, loss of hearing. Days or weeks later, other symptoms emerged, including memory problems, an inability to concentrate, mood problems, headaches and fatigue."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/world/asia/china-guangzhou-consulate.html

paul_guyet
05-23-2018, 07:05 PM
What Makes This Song Great? Rick Beato has been breaking down songs recently. In this episode he does The Hand That Feeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmg9B5ooBsAOut of EVERY Nine Inch Nails song?! Jesus...
EDIT: This is a fantastic breakdown though, need to dig out those multitracks.

eversonpoe
05-23-2018, 08:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MGea3sgl.jpg (https://imgur.com/MGea3sg)

what is "the best band of all time" and "the worst band of all time"?

also, what is 30?

TheRealNs1
05-23-2018, 08:08 PM
What is "The Nine Twenty One"?

quietime
05-23-2018, 09:00 PM
also, what is 30?

Correct, the board is yours.

TinDefacto
05-23-2018, 10:04 PM
What Makes This Song Great? Rick Beato has been breaking down songs recently. In this episode he does The Hand That Feeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmg9B5ooBsA
Awesome find!! I will shamelessly admit that I freaking love The Hand That Feeds. I'd never gone after those multitracks, but now I wish I'd have heard them earlier -- I'd never noticed that extra percussion at the end of the first chorus, and those isolated drums sound amazing.

Also, something I've always thought but never shared -- that "whooshing" synth sound that's audible in the intro and throughout the song sounds EXACTLY like the master toilet flushing when you stand in the living room of my childhood home.

Just saying.

Bachy
05-23-2018, 10:21 PM
“Where Is Everybody (Version)” is in my Top 5 remix tracks.

I am really a liar . . .

snichols
05-23-2018, 10:31 PM
screw the haters....i love this song. always have.

the "straight mix" version is awesome

ekrekel
05-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Is this simulation collapsing?
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/world/asia/china-guangzhou-consulate.html

It sounds like some parepin is in order.

eversonpoe
05-23-2018, 10:44 PM
Correct, the board is yours.

i'll take "what's a NIN?" for $400, alex :p

Sandy Phimester
05-24-2018, 01:08 AM
THTF is awesome. Killer stereo at home and pump that, gets me moving every time.

I saw that video tonight and was going to post but, but sort of figured it would be here already. I hadn't really heard some of those sounds hidden in the mix before, definitely going back into heavy rotation tomorrow.

witte
05-24-2018, 05:18 AM
THTF is awesome. Killer stereo at home and pump that, gets me moving every time.

I saw that video tonight and was going to post but, but sort of figured it would be here already. I hadn't really heard some of those sounds hidden in the mix before, definitely going back into heavy rotation tomorrow.

As I said often, everything Trent touches is art, even shitty songs like THTF. The song sucks, but how it’s created and arranged is another discussion.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

spahn
05-24-2018, 07:39 AM
Bad Witch CD on Amazon is now down to $9.66 from $10.98.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B07CV8R349/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1527165575&sr=8-1&keywords=bad+witch+nine+inch+nails

eversonpoe
05-24-2018, 08:03 AM
Bad Witch CD on Amazon is now down to $9.66 from $10.98.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B07CV8R349/ref=sr_1_1_twi_aud_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1527165575&sr=8-1&keywords=bad+witch+nine+inch+nails

wow...uh, don't read the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon. people are awful, awful human beings.

TinDefacto
05-24-2018, 08:17 AM
wow...uh, don't read the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon. people are awful, awful human beings.
*immediately reads the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon*

Oh. Oh damn.

eversonpoe
05-24-2018, 08:38 AM
*immediately reads the negative reviews of ADD VIOLENCE on amazon*

Oh. Oh damn.

like, i can handle the ones where people don't like the music or the mixing, or are weirded out by TBW's loop...but there are so many people literally wishing trent was a drug addict again...jesus fucking christ. i'm glad when people say that shit around here, everyone shuts them down.

WorzelG
05-24-2018, 08:42 AM
like, i can handle the ones where people don't like the music or the mixing, or are weirded out by TBW's loop...but there are so many people literally wishing trent was a drug addict again...jesus fucking christ. i'm glad when people say that shit around here, everyone shuts them down.
There are always people saying that sort of shit on NINs Facebook page, its depressing. I think people don't think they're talking about a real person sometimes, and the internet just magnifies that attitude

StockAvuryah
05-24-2018, 09:27 AM

This one is so naive it's quite funny. The rest is awful though.

"Listening to waves crashing and gulls crying is more exciting. Lately NIN keeps turning right on an oval racetrack. I don't understand all the rave reviews it's not even good for background music, it's just noise. I guess if you liked their Ghosts album this is for you.????"

Well you're goddamn right I liked the "Ghosts album".

frothy_ham
05-24-2018, 09:53 AM
I'm also in the camp of shamelessly and unapologetic-ally loving THTF. I never really got the hate for it, it was a very different kind of song for NIN but I think that's what was needed at the time of it's release.

It falls into the same camp as Discipline for me, just a perfect slice of the poppier side of NIN.

wizfan
05-24-2018, 10:42 AM
“Where Is Everybody (Version)” is in my Top 5 remix tracks.

I am really a liar . . .

It's great. It took me a long time to appreciate it, but now it makes me dance like crazy. Also, when I was doing my Fragile Megamix, I found that it becomes even better if you cut the wordless part between "WHERE. IS. EVERYBODY." and the first verse. Like, straight to the point, BAM.

nihilmatters
05-24-2018, 11:40 AM

I've never heard any of my straight edge friends say that it's necessary for an artist to use drugs to provide inspiration for their craft. I have, however, heard this from many of my drug addict friends, many times over the years.

I infer from this several things (and this insight is coming from personal experience, as a struggling addict for several decades). There is usually some form of self-loathing, or at least, a lack of self-worth involved with recurring drug/alcohol use. For me personally, it was quite easy to relate to someone like Trent who was clearly suffering many of the same pains and thoughts felt by many of his fans, especially in TDS era. I think it's easy to assume that perhaps, as an addict, you can keep your shit together because it appears that someone like Trent is clearly keeping his shit together. Of course, in retrospect, it's quite obvious knowing that he had to be revived on an operating table from an overdose that he was far from having his shit together.

He was very, very lucky. I'm glad that he took control of his second chance and pushed his life in a different direction. There would have been no awards for Trent, no beautiful family, and no more great music for all of us to enjoy. I think it's tough for some fans that still struggle with addiction and/or thoughts of self-worth to see a different version of Trent ("I've survived everything...") that is now thriving. Perhaps an upbeat lyric or beat is tough to relate to when the previous version of him offered some sort of vindication to the self-destructive lifestyle a fan might choose for themself.

When I read fan comments like the one you refer to, such as Trent (or substitute any other artist here) was better when he was fucked out of his mind on drugs, screaming about suicide, I find the comment more self-reflective to the poster than to Trent's current artistic output.

Of course, one likes the music one likes and I'm not trying to offend anyone that has made comments like this before, because I'm someone that has personally said the same thing. I'm just giving my two cents from someone that has walked this road. Personally, I find more inspiration in the new Trent compared to the old Trent.

I'm glad David Bowie knocked some truth into him about not needing drugs to cope. (And anyone that knows anything about Bowie knows that he walked down that road to self-destruction too.) So personally, I love his new ode to Bowie, because I know he was one of the most important people in his life.

zecho
05-24-2018, 12:21 PM

I think a lot of people who say those kind of things are metal heads who think anything that isn't heavy is bad. So many people who say these things say they haven't liked NIN since the 90s. Like twenty years ago. And yet they still complain about every release. I can understand not being into all of the stuff, but to hate it and think that it's so incredibly bad is pretty alien to me. Even people I know who don't like the band see the merit in what they're doing, it's just not for them. These comments always read like metal heads who just can't grasp that NIN doesn't make bad metal albums, they just don't make metal albums at all.

EDIT: I was bored and checked. Out of all the bad reviews, only two or three of the reviewers had reviewed other music on amazon. Surprise surprise, 100% metal. The other ones who hadn't reviewed other music had reviewed items like books on Satanism, Edgar Allan Poe, and old gothic horror movies. I think you can read between the lines on what they listen to.

botley
05-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Out of all the bad reviews, only two or three of the reviewers had reviewed other music on amazon. Surprise surprise, 100% metal. The other ones who hadn't reviewed other music had reviewed items like books on Satanism, Edgar Allan Poe, and old gothic horror movies. I think you can read between the lines on what they listen to.
Donald Trump?

BRoswell
05-24-2018, 01:02 PM
So many people who say these things say they haven't liked NIN since the 90s. Like twenty years ago. And yet they still complain about every release.

Hmm, sounds like a few of the members on here. :p

eversonpoe
05-24-2018, 01:57 PM
EDIT: I was bored and checked. Out of all the bad reviews, only two or three of the reviewers had reviewed other music on amazon. Surprise surprise, 100% metal. The other ones who hadn't reviewed other music had reviewed items like books on Satanism, Edgar Allan Poe, and old gothic horror movies. I think you can read between the lines on what they listen to.

you'd think that people who are in to satanism wouldn't try to dictate what other people do in terms of consuming illicit substances (or really anything at all). guess they're not very good satanists.

zecho
05-24-2018, 03:02 PM
you'd think that people who are in to satanism wouldn't try to dictate what other people do in terms of consuming illicit substances (or really anything at all). guess they're not very good satanists.

I have a theory that no one is actually a Satanist, they just really like the name and want to sound edgy. The philosophy is just there so they can point to something to seem deeper and more philosophical about being dark and angsty.

TinDefacto
05-24-2018, 04:12 PM
I have a theory that no one is actually a Satanist, they just really like the name and want to sound edgy. The philosophy is just there so they can point to something to seem deeper and more philosophical about being dark and angsty.
Eh. Most of the Satanists I've met are just snarky atheists. :P (Trying to make points about the separation of church & state, etc.)

Bachy
05-25-2018, 12:27 AM
I wish Trent would tell the producers of NIN clothing to “suck [his] entire cock.”

I mean, can we get one shirt that lasts more than one wash cycle before fading?

eversonpoe
05-25-2018, 06:07 AM
I wish Trent would tell the producers of NIN clothing to “suck [his] entire cock.”

I mean, can we get one shirt that lasts more than one wash cycle before fading?

how hot do you wash your clothes?

flip the shirts inside-out, wash on cold, hang to dry. i've worn my AV diagram shirt about once a week since i got it last year and it hasn't faded a bit.

HurtinMinorKey
05-25-2018, 01:48 PM

I think THTF would have been much better if it ended at 2:30 instead of devolving into another minute of repetition.

TheRealNs1
05-25-2018, 02:01 PM
I think THTF would have been much better if it ended at 2:30 instead of devolving into another minute of repetition.

I know this isn't the controversial opinions thread, but you can say that about a few NIN songs.

StockAvuryah
05-25-2018, 02:02 PM
I know this isn't the controversial opinions thread, but you can say that about a few NIN songs.

Nah the intensity at the end is worth it

it's not a perfectly engineered piece of catchy pop music for ya it's what Trent feels I guess, forever gaining in intensity when it abruptly cuts off

Another reason why the end of Came Back Haunted is amazing

LosingFocus
05-25-2018, 02:30 PM

You must hate the Photek mix [emoji23]

ManBurning
05-25-2018, 02:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmg9B5ooBsA

"NIN's 4th studio record, With teeth, which came out March 28th, 2005"

Did this guy even do his homework??? Where is he getting this information from? When he said that I immediately knew he was wrong.
It came out in May and I remember this because I was living in Winnipeg at the time and I had to wear my winter coat to go get this record. It was odd to have the weather so cold for beginning of May. I also had a promo poster of the record up on my wall for nearly a decade that had the release date in giant white font 05_03_05 on it, and that date is permanently stuck in my brain.

I don't care if the rest of the video is amazing, he's lost all his credibility already. I turned the video off at that point.

halo eighteen
05-25-2018, 02:53 PM
^THTF single was released on March 28th I think?

ManBurning
05-25-2018, 02:58 PM
^THTF single was released on March 28th I think?

Hmm... OK, that makes a little more sense. Poor choice of delivery though. Should have said "The hand that feeds was released on March 28th, 2005 from their 4th record With_Teeth" or something like that. The way he says it, is going to confuse the listener into thinking the record came out on March 28th, at least that's how I took it.

matt925
05-25-2018, 03:51 PM
With Teeth came out on May 3. I remember because that’s my birthday.

Microwave Jellyfish
05-26-2018, 10:04 AM
One of the new guys at work looks spot-on like circa 2009-era Trent. His first name is Michael.

Some next level ARG, this.

Pbgut
05-26-2018, 10:27 AM
I also appreciate THTF especially because it's one of the first NIN protest songs that isn't quite as solipsistic as some of the usual NIN lyrics (with the possible exception of Heresy, specifically about AIDS and evangelical Christians). Don't get me wrong, I love the NIN solipsism, but I like that he took a risk, did something a little different, and then expanded it into a topic for an entire album.

But I don't get the hate for it. Is it the main guitar riff/chord sequence? It is a bit "standard" sounding but the song is built incredibly well as that video shows.

Frozen Beach
05-26-2018, 10:35 AM
I kind of want to hear Trent cover a song by the Magnetic Fields

Pbgut
05-26-2018, 10:40 AM
I kind of want to hear Trent cover a song by the Magnetic Fields

This is a good idea. Which one?

chuckrh
05-26-2018, 01:31 PM
listening to ghosts I-IV. tied with the fragile for my favorite NIN. would luv to see trent & atticus do some shows with just the 2 of them doing instrumental stuff. ghosts & soundtracks, deviations. small places. maybe team with banksy, like trent did at his event, for an immersive experience. something different that pushes the boundaries. just a thought....

sheepdean
05-26-2018, 01:43 PM
listening to ghosts I-IV. tied with the fragile for my favorite NIN. would luv to see trent & atticus do some shows with just the 2 of them doing instrumental stuff. ghosts & soundtracks, deviations. small places. maybe team with banksy, like trent did at his event, for an immersive experience. something different that pushes the boundaries. just a thought....
I would pay damn good money for a Ghosts/OST concert. Also would walk out if Panoramic didn't get played

Frozen Beach
05-26-2018, 03:31 PM
This is a good idea. Which one?
Either of these I think would be suitable, but Trent would probably do something out of left field like Luckiest Guy On The Lower East Side, and not what you'd expect him to cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ACRdh_SnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cHtV2he2A

Pbgut
05-26-2018, 03:46 PM
Either of these I think would be suitable, but Trent would probably do something out of left field like Luckiest Guy On The Lower East Side, and not what you'd expect him to cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7ACRdh_SnI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1cHtV2he2A

Very good choices. I'd also like to hear "Strange Powers" or, on the less characteristic side, "Desert Island," possibly only releasable as "Trent Reznor" and not NIN.

BRoswell
05-26-2018, 07:45 PM
I would pay damn good money for a Ghosts/OST concert.

I would as well, but barring that, they need to play more of those tracks while on tour.

sheepdean
05-26-2018, 07:47 PM
I would as well, but barring that, they need to play more of those tracks while on tour.
At this point in time, not a single track from Ghosts has been played in Europe - it's been nearly a decade!

motionlessZombie
05-27-2018, 03:23 PM
I know it will never happen, but I would love to see the big four of Industrial tour or a least a festival with Industrial acts of the past and present.

Headliners:

NIN
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
KMFDM

somewhat_
05-27-2018, 03:30 PM
I know it will never happen, but I would love to see the big four of Industrial tour or a least a festival with Industrial acts of the past and present.

Headliners:

NIN
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
KMFDM

This festival is probably as close as it gets:
http://www.coldwaves.net/

ComradeCornhole
05-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Been seeing a lot of reimaginings of the Bad Witch cover and I'm disappointed to see none of them have deployed something like this.
https://s33.postimg.cc/c04p8kd67/grosse-macro-chatte-78.jpg (https://postimages.org/)photo host (https://postimages.org/)

ComradeCornhole
05-27-2018, 04:16 PM
Obviously something a bit more subtle would be better but that's the best I could do quickly on my phone and I needed to get this out of my system quickly.

sick among the pure
05-27-2018, 06:33 PM

Headliners:

NIN
Skinny Puppy
Ministry
KMFDM

After that comment about one of the songs from YZ sounding like KMFDM (and Trent's reply) I doubt he would ever tour with them. Festival would be best chance of that.

Ribbitman
05-28-2018, 12:08 AM
Where the HELL are the Year Zero, With Teeth, The Slip, and Still vinyls?

thefragile_jake
05-28-2018, 12:22 AM
Where the HELL are the Year Zero, With Teeth, The Slip, and Still vinyls?

I hear ya on the With Teeth and Slip vinyl, but was Still ever supposed to get a vinyl?

BRoswell
05-28-2018, 01:33 AM
I hear ya on the With Teeth and Slip vinyl, but was Still ever supposed to get a vinyl?

Trent mentioned that it was coming during a Q&A in Chicago last year.

thefragile_jake
05-28-2018, 01:40 AM

Oh man, I completely missed that! Thanks!

StockAvuryah
05-28-2018, 07:30 AM

Holy hell I thought it was just an hopeless joke, do you have a link to that ?

edit : https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/709sb1/transcript_of_the_chicago_qa/

Halo Infinity
05-28-2018, 09:01 AM
Long before I learned about the waterfall that is Oxararfoss was on The Fragile, I actually always used to think it was duct tape being utilized and presented as a metaphor as an attempt to repair something fragile or fragility in general due to the actual album title. I also can't believe it took me this long to mention this here. That was also my impression of The Fragile since 2002, and even though I currently know about Oxararfoss, I still can't help but become reminded of how I used to perceive it.

Frolick Shiawase
05-28-2018, 05:10 PM
NIN was announced as a participant of Corona Capital in Mexico...
Well, what can I sell?

sweeterthan
05-28-2018, 08:59 PM
Give us a performance video for the next single please.

Bachy
05-28-2018, 09:39 PM
how hot do you wash your clothes?

flip the shirts inside-out, wash on cold, hang to dry. i've worn my AV diagram shirt about once a week since i got it last year and it hasn't faded a bit.

I wash them all on cold and hang dry. I might need to try the inside out trick though. My “Add Violence” shirt didn’t survive one wash.

bryan_NIN65
05-28-2018, 09:57 PM
Always inside-out. It helps protect the print.

eversonpoe
05-28-2018, 10:22 PM
I wash them all on cold and hang dry. I might need to try the inside out trick though. My “Add Violence” shirt didn’t survive one wash.

yeah, i wash all of my shirts inside-out and they hold up pretty well. do you go to a laundromat or use a washer at home? if it's a laundromat, i'm guessing it's just a rough machine.

sipuss
05-29-2018, 05:21 AM
yeah, i wash all of my shirts inside-out and they hold up pretty well. do you go to a laundromat or use a washer at home? if it's a laundromat, i'm guessing it's just a rough machine.

Yea, they often add some violence to the washing.

...I'll see myself out.

nmitchell86
05-29-2018, 06:53 AM
Well, when these DE versions of WT, YZ and TS finally drop, I'd like to see some merch from that era be re-released as well.

r_z
05-29-2018, 07:06 AM
Wouldn't be suprised if they wait for this CABAI-tour/trilogy thing to run its course before they're going to focus on those reissues...

artdeco
05-29-2018, 08:53 AM
You know what I always thought was really interesting is that TR used John Lennon's mellotron on loan from Interscope during the TDS days. That the mellotron sounds on The Downward Spiral (the song itself) came from the instrument that (I think) was used on Strawberry Fields Forever kind of blows my mind. Charlie Clouser had some interesting comments about this on his Gearslutz posts.

Dryalex12
05-29-2018, 12:19 PM
You know, I wonder if teitan read any of our randoms posts....you know...like what songs we like to hear live

TRENT...FOR GOD SAKES PLAY AATCHB ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WorzelG
05-29-2018, 12:36 PM
You know what I always thought was really interesting is that TR used John Lennon's mellotron on loan from Interscope during the TDS days. That the mellotron sounds on The Downward Spiral (the song itself) came from the instrument that (I think) was used on Strawberry Fields Forever kind of blows my mind. Charlie Clouser had some interesting comments about this on his Gearslutz posts.
It boggles my mind that he was entrusted with it! I mean something like that is pretty precious, I wouldn't want that responsibility

henryeatscereal
05-29-2018, 12:49 PM
NIN was announced as a participant of Corona Capital in Mexico...
Well, what can I sell?
My thoughts exactly...