PDA

View Full Version : Random NIN Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

thevoid99
12-16-2016, 03:15 PM
new nin and star wars all in one day it's a christmas miracle!

indeed!!!!!!

Ruined
12-16-2016, 03:16 PM
I am fucking thrilled with all the new NIN things! That is all.

FRDU
12-16-2016, 03:36 PM
I find it very cool reading about all the singles and records in the discography section of the new site. Even if it's just a sentence or two.HEAD LIKE A HOLE [1990]WAY TOO MANY MIXES! WE WERE LEARNING…

Shadaloo
12-16-2016, 04:03 PM
New image from Trent's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/p/BOFsqY5jZZm/) really, really reminds me of imagery from Bowie's Heathen, what with the eyes being scratched out.

Ribbitman
12-16-2016, 04:04 PM
time to fap

sheepdean
12-16-2016, 04:56 PM
I love that 12 Rounds is in the friends section. Because now the 90% of you who have no idea what my profile pic is will finally get it

Khrz
12-16-2016, 05:00 PM
I love that 12 Rounds is in the friends section. Because now the 90% of you who have no idea what my profile pic is will finally get it

Holy shit, Not The Actual Events is actually NIN + Error!!!

Nah. But one can dream!

sheepdean
12-16-2016, 05:11 PM
Holy shit, Not The Actual Events is actually NIN + Error!!!

Nah. But one can dream!
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/50/50258361b5be8d10fc51a25454a2aa10db13ed842069d2938e d64b990f622a9c.jpg

pcpunk
12-16-2016, 07:05 PM
so, is Rob not involved with NIN anymore? what's the deal with this John Crawford being credited as art director?

sick among the pure
12-16-2016, 07:12 PM
so, is Rob not involved with NIN anymore? what's the deal with this John Crawford being credited as art director?

Correct, Rob has responded to someone on Twitter (wish I could remember who, or which of the like 7 super active topics right now this was posted in) that he had nothing to do with the new release, he's been off working on his own things.
Don't know if that's "I'm done with NIN, maybe for now or maybe forever" or just "I had no hand in what's coming out because I was busy elsewhere", but to be honest I'm really digging this new art director's portfolio and I'm excited to see what he does, especially with live performance photos...? ;)

sheepdean
12-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Not currently, and because he is NIN's fourth Art Director.

Reaps
12-16-2016, 07:49 PM
Got home a bit drunk and for a moment thought i bought a picture of a black rectangle for 12 quid.

virushopper
12-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Excited about new music but bummed about no info about Tension DVD/Blu Ray.

blassster
12-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Random listening tip - most Bluetooth speakers/headphones don't sound that good anyway, but if you plan to hear all of the new stuff in lossless format, bluetooth audio for most devices compresses everything to a lossy stream on the fly. So plug in directly if listening from your phone. I'm sure there are great surround receivers with Bluetooth in them too, maybe from when before Chromecast was a thing, don't let good speakers go to waste by using it!

Ribbitman
12-16-2016, 08:32 PM
damn pretty hate machine vinyl is sold out... is it just like the one you can find at best buy, etc? or is it a remastered one?

sheepdean
12-16-2016, 08:37 PM
damn pretty hate machine vinyl is sold out... is it just like the one you can find at best buy, etc? or is it a remastered one?
You can get the original version Amazon no problem http://amzn.to/2gL37bE

bgalbraith
12-16-2016, 08:39 PM

The PHM vinyl was the "old" remaster from 2010, not a new 2016/2017. I'd be surprised if that got a reremaster.

cahernandez
12-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Guys, I can't remember a day in these forums in which I've 'liked' so many of your comments. Such a fucking great day to be a NIN fan. Now I'm going to watch Beside You in Time, the DVD, it's been ages since last time I watched it. Some type of celebration :)

sick among the pure
12-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Guys, I can't remember a day in these forums in which I've 'liked' so many of your comments. Such a fucking great day to be a NIN fan. Now I'm going to watch Beside You in Time, the DVD, it's been ages since last time I watched it. Some type of celebration :)

That reminds me, back then that came out I didn't have a blu ray player. I'm going to have to pick up a blu ray copy now, especially since it was one of the few easily-available things you could buy that had an ARG tie-in.

Ribbitman
12-16-2016, 08:49 PM
I am just glad I avoided the ER today. it lasted 3 hours and 45 minutes

sheepdean
12-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Guys, guys

Is NTAE the new NIN 2016
Or is Atticus being in the band the new NIN 2016

bobbie solo
12-17-2016, 04:30 AM

Are that many people even concerned? I never gave it a thought.

WorzelG
12-17-2016, 01:03 PM
Recently Trent started following the guy who wrote Mr Robot on Twitter who has recently signed up for a TV miniseries ofor Metropolis. Coincidence?
http://www.slashfilm.com/metropolis-miniseries/

ericy210
12-17-2016, 02:00 PM
I'm kinda bummed that Atticus is part of NIN. I liked Trent = NIN.
But I can live with it if it leads to great music and hopefully, great shows.
anyone else care?

fillow
12-17-2016, 02:05 PM
Recently Trent started following the guy who wrote Mr Robot on Twitter who has recently signed up for a TV miniseries ofor Metropolis. Coincidence?
http://www.slashfilm.com/metropolis-miniseries/
I hope he just wants to sue him for ripping off his scores in Mr Robot score

Xvostya
12-17-2016, 02:09 PM
I miss irc.nin.com :(

BRoswell
12-17-2016, 04:54 PM
anyone else care?

Considering how much Atticus has contributed to Nine Inch Nails since With Teeth, I think it makes perfect sense.

mfte
12-17-2016, 06:03 PM
https://s23.postimg.org/apj59ntm3/nothing.jpg

wizfan
12-17-2016, 06:11 PM
I hope he just wants to sue him for ripping off his scores in Mr Robot score

To be fair, one Mr Robot episode did use "Consummation".

neorev
12-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Considering how much Atticus has contributed to Nine Inch Nails since With Teeth, I think it makes perfect sense.

I never found NIN to be just Trent. Yes, he has his vision. The songs lyrically come from Trent. But the music was more of a collective. Flood and Alan Moulder have a lot to do with the sound of Broken and TDS. Many people contributed to its sound. The Fragile has a huge list of contributors. I wish Trent would let more people in, such as with Ghosts. I'd like to hear more Adrian Belew and Alessandro Cortini as a part of the music making process. Trent seems to flourish when he's surrounded by the right people. Since Atticus has been a part of the process, the sound moved toward a certain direction over the last few releases. I wish Trent would get a live drummer and someone like Pino Palladino in the studio. With Teeth had drums by Dave Grohl to help bring something new to the pallet of sound. Each era's sound was shaped by the people involved. I wish Trent would work with Flood and Alan again.

mfte
12-17-2016, 06:58 PM
I wish Trent would work with Flood and Alan again.

Didn't he try to do that on HM with the guy who produced Arcade Fire records? It would have been interesting to hear how that would had turned out. HM sounds too much like polished demos to me. Mostly due to the weak drum sounds.

Shadaloo
12-17-2016, 07:03 PM
You know what the really funny thing about this entire reissue campaign is to me?

This all went down literally three hours after I finally spent fifty bucks to replace two of my three damaged WITT CD singles, which I had been meaning to do for years.

The Day The Wallet Went Away

neorev
12-17-2016, 07:10 PM
Didn't he try to do that on HM with the guy who produced Arcade Fire records? It would have been interesting to hear how that would had turned out. HM sounds too much like polished demos to me. Mostly due to the weak drum sounds.

Agreed, the live versions of HM songs are much better. I think adding some live drums over the top or switching between electronic vs live drums in the verses/choruses would have helped give songs an extra edge. I found a lot of HM songs sounded the same and didn't really go anywhere. I did like Came Back Haunted, Satellite, and In Two. Having the live drums, Pino on bass, and the two female backup singers really kicked the songs up a notch. But the album itself felt cold and artificial. I just couldn't connect with it and didn't grip me like his other work.

sheepdean
12-18-2016, 09:52 AM
anyone else care?
Atticus has appeared on over half of NIN releases now, he kinda was locked in anyway. I imagine Richard Patrick is really pissed off about this somewhere though :P

WorzelG
12-18-2016, 10:14 AM
I wish Trent would work with Flood and Alan again.
What happened with Flood? In the early releases it always seemed like Trent was desperate to work with Flood and constantly thwarted by Depeche Mode and then when he did work with him they made TDS and then...nothing. (unless he does have some credits on the fragile somewhere).

witte
12-18-2016, 10:28 AM
What happened with Flood? In the early releases it always seemed like Trent was desperate to work with Flood and constantly thwarted by Depeche Mode and then when he did work with him they made TDS and then...nothing. (unless he does have some credits on the fragile somewhere).

still alive and active and doing excellent things (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_(producer))

WorzelG
12-18-2016, 10:50 AM
still alive and active and doing excellent things (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_(producer))

Oh I know he's fine, I mean why didn't he work with NIN again?
Maybe there was a sense of TDS couldn't be topped and a new approach had to be taken

witte
12-18-2016, 10:59 AM
Oh I know he's fine, I mean why didn't he work with NIN again?
Maybe there was a sense of TDS couldn't be topped and a new approach had to be taken
i think it's trent's decision

jmtd
12-18-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty sure they fought over the production.

BRoswell
12-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Trent said he would be open to working with Flood again in the Access Q&A back in 2004. I'm guessing there's no animosity between them, or at least there wasn't back then. It's probably just a case of two people doing their own thing.

neorev
12-18-2016, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure they fought over the production.

If true, good. They're fighting brought us great things. I don't think an album should be easy. You should be challenged.

pcpunk
12-18-2016, 10:52 PM
This is only tangentially a NIN thought, but with Atticus officially a member and Trent seemingly up for trying to release stuff by friends/family (prick) what are the odds of 12Rounds finally releasing their third record?

thatguymark
12-19-2016, 10:15 AM
So, the updated website's blurb of The Slip states that it contains "several songs that have been live staples," but in my memory, 1,000,000 is really the only one that can qualify as a staple since the 08-09 cycle. Maybe future setlists will be more Slip-heavy? I sure would love to hear The Four Of Us Are Dying live.

sweeterthan
12-19-2016, 10:22 AM
Echoplex, discipline, getting away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatguymark
12-19-2016, 11:04 AM
Echoplex, discipline, getting away

Assuming 'getting away' refers to 'Letting You,' those were all played every night of the LITS tour, as was Head Down, but they've been played only rarely since then. Or were you suggesting they should make a return to become staples?

sweeterthan
12-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Assuming 'getting away' refers to 'Letting You,' those were all played every night of the LITS tour, as was Head Down, but they've been played only rarely since then. Or were you suggesting they should make a return to become staples?

Ah yes. Letting you. (I'm sleep deprived. [emoji19])

I would consider them set list staples because they were played at almost every show during the 2008 & 2009 tours.

The stats are here:
http://www.nintourhistory.com/songs.php

Ribbitman
12-19-2016, 12:25 PM
I wish Trent would open a show with Reptile. Imagine green smoke all over the stage, you can't see anything and all of a sudden you hear the gear sound. He walks out of the smoke and you hear "She spreads herself wide open to let the insects in"

implanted_microchip
12-19-2016, 12:29 PM
I wish Trent would open a show with Reptile. Imagine green smoke all over the stage, you can't see anything and all of a sudden you hear the gear sound. He walks out of the smoke and you hear "She spreads herself wide open to let the insects in"

In one of my masturbatory dream setlist fantasies I actually wanted a show to open with it where Pinion plays with the "boopboop-boop-boop-boopboop-boop-boop" Reptile sounds blended in and a curtain in front of the stage falls down just as the huge wall of buzzsaw guitars kicks in and the green lights shatter through fog. Would kick ass but there'd be nowhere to go but down from there.

cashpiles (closed)
12-19-2016, 12:30 PM

that's really weird dude.....

implanted_microchip
12-19-2016, 12:35 PM
that's really weird dude.....

Weirder than regularly making up obviously bullshit rumors and lies on a forum about what's going on with a band who you do not know or have any personal connection to beyond your fandom and touting it as truth while getting annoyed and bitchy when people just learn to ignore your garbage?

thatguymark
12-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Ah yes. Letting you. (I'm sleep deprived. [emoji19])

I would consider them set list staples because they were played at almost every show during the 2008 & 2009 tours.

The stats are here:
http://www.nintourhistory.com/songs.php

Yeah, I guess we just differ on what it means to be a staple. They were definitely staples in 08/09, but that was 7 years ago, and they've made few appearances in set lists since then. Per the archive, neither Discipline nor Head Down has been played since 2009, and Echoplex has only been played 7 times. I was surprised to find that Letting You actually got a lot of play during the Australia/Europe tours in 2014, but was absent from the set lists during all US shows in 13/14. So, to me, all those songs would be welcome surprises to hear the next go round, and not sure things.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-19-2016, 02:09 PM
12/19/16

1. Something I Can Never Have
2. Hurt
3. And All That Could Have Been
4. Right Where It Belongs
5. Zero Sum
6. Ruiner
7. La Mer
8. We're In This Together
9. While I'm Still Here
10. Non-Entity

Ribbitman
12-19-2016, 04:16 PM
12/19/16

1. Something I Can Never Have
2. Hurt
3. And All That Could Have Been
4. Right Where It Belongs
5. Zero Sum
6. Ruiner
7. La Mer
8. We're In This Together
9. While I'm Still Here
10. Non-Entity
these your top 10 songs?

Ribbitman
12-19-2016, 04:17 PM
Also no moment in any song gets me like at the end of Eraser. I will go to my grave thinking that he is saying help me at the end and it always gives me chills.

Demogorgon
12-19-2016, 05:15 PM
This is only tangentially a NIN thought, but with Atticus officially a member and Trent seemingly up for trying to release stuff by friends/family (prick) what are the odds of 12Rounds finally releasing their third record?

...please, please, PLEASE don't get my hopes up. From the few tracks they released from that album, I think I would go "buy crazy" if it was actually releasing.

Kulerage
12-20-2016, 12:16 PM
On The Fragile vinyl's store page, "Complication" seems to have had it's name changed to "Compication".

Khrz
12-20-2016, 12:21 PM
Also no moment in any song gets me like at the end of Eraser. I will go to my grave thinking that he is saying help me at the end and it always gives me chills.

Hi,it is I, the destroyer of dreams !

Since Eraser:denial reveals hidden lyrics once played at a higher speed, chances are that the sample uses actual lyrics from the original track, in which case the actual words are "KILL ME".

You're welcome, and merry christmas !

ziltoid
12-20-2016, 01:32 PM
Who else would love to see Trent do the ToonTrack challenge? I certainly would.
I'd also love for Trent to do a collaboration with Devin Townsend of some kind.
That would be amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxzr9n_HK8

thatguymark
12-20-2016, 03:45 PM
JMJ is over on Instagram praising The Slip and he commented that the LITS tour was one of the greatest experiences of his life. Now, that should probably just be taken at face value. But I want to believe he was reminded of how great it was to be in NIN because he's getting ready to take his old job back.

BRoswell
12-20-2016, 04:08 PM
JMJ is over on Instagram praising The Slip and he commented that the LITS tour was one of the greatest experiences of his life. Now, that should probably just be taken at face value. But I want to believe he was reminded of how great it was to be in NIN because he's getting ready to take his old job back.

It's probably more that the recent news has him feeling nostalgic, but I wouldn't mind seeing him involved again.

SM Rollinger
12-20-2016, 05:10 PM
So, the updated website's blurb of The Slip states that it contains "several songs that have been live staples," but in my memory, 1,000,000 is really the only one that can qualify as a staple since the 08-09 cycle. Maybe future setlists will be more Slip-heavy? I sure would love to hear The Four Of Us Are Dying live.
Betcha betcha betcha betcha ya dint think of Head Down?!???!

Id put that track in my top 25 NIN songs of all time no problem and it never gets much love. Kinda like Slave Only Dreams To Be King, but that is another topic alltogether...:eek:

cashpiles (closed)
12-21-2016, 09:14 AM
the art for Hesitation Marks had fuck all to do with the music.

Frozen Beach
12-21-2016, 09:38 AM
the art for Hesitation Marks had fuck all to do with the music.
Most artwork for albums have fuck all to do with the music

cashpiles (closed)
12-21-2016, 09:42 AM
Most artwork for albums have fuck all to do with the music

The Fragile's imagery and cover were closely linked to the sound of the album. Year Zero too. The Slip's cover reflected the content. Definitely the Downward Spiral.

but Hesitation Marks was just like: we didn't actually try to capture the sound of the album in a visual format... Sheridan took nice photos for it, but they're meaningless next to the music.

thelastdisciple
12-21-2016, 09:48 AM
I don't know if this would be better suited for the "disappointing moments thread" or the "controversial opinion thread" but I just took a look at that most recent Grammy performance again the one which got molested by advertising, i mean never mind the fact such BS happened to begin with but i found that performance was really just not that great in general, Austin City Limits was so much better, Kimmel as well even.

Frozen Beach
12-21-2016, 10:10 AM
The Fragile's imagery and cover were closely linked to the sound of the album. Year Zero too. The Slip's cover reflected the content. Definitely the Downward Spiral.
They match the tone, but they don't literally have anything to do with the content of the album. Year Zero does. It actually takes ideas from the music/arg.

but Hesitation Marks was just like: we didn't actually try to capture the sound of the album in a visual format... Sheridan took nice photos for it, but they're meaningless next to the music.
I disagree, I think it captures the tone of the album fine. But we can agree to disagree.

Shadaloo
12-21-2016, 11:41 AM
Seeing as how HM was a reflection of sorts on TDS, I found the Russel Mills artwork very, very appropriate. The DE's Cargo In The Blood cover was a good mirror to the old TDS artwork, I found.

One thing that comes to mind is in said DE booklet - the page with Dissapointed's lyrics I think - there was a shot of dead hornets. That instantly made me think back to the buzzing you hear in Eraser, and kind of served as a commentary for me on how the vitriol, naked aggression, and desperation that song evoked was kind of a thing of the past.

GrayscaleRain
12-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Disappointed still continues to be one of my favorites off of HM, though I think that has a lot to do with seeing it live. It was a very enjoyable part of the show.

For being a callback to the themes and concepts of TDS, honestly HM contains so much of everything that we've come to expect of NIN. Various Methods of Escape could have fit easily on The Fragile, I feel. Everything and All Time Low could have set along side Getting Smaller and Only on With Teeth, Satellite is very reminiscent of Year Zero's delivery and composition.

And that's not a bad thing! It's very effective as a retrospective album. Very much distilled Nine Inch Nails and I still have a good time listening to it (and all of NIN to be honest.)

I can't wait to see what Trent and Co. have come up with for the new EP. I'm already anticipating a follow up (wishful thinking, I know.)

seasonsinthesky
12-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Disappointed still continues to be one of my favorites off of HM, though I think that has a lot to do with seeing it live. It was a very enjoyable part of the show.

The live display was indeed incredible. It's the only redeeming thing for a song that, to me, has already been done over and over. I'm just "beat deconstructed"-out after "I Do Not Want This" and all of Year Zero.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-21-2016, 05:11 PM
I think it's just time we all acknowledge Hesitation Marks for what it essentially is: the best Massive Attack record since 1998

seasonsinthesky
12-21-2016, 05:37 PM
Isn't Welcome Oblivion a better example of TR sounding like Massive Attack?

And 100th Window is so, so beyond Hesitation Marks. C'mon now. So is Heligoland.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Isn't Welcome Oblivion a better example of TR sounding like Massive Attack?

If we're talking snooze-inducing Heligoland MA, then yes. HM is more beat-driven though, which reminds me of prime-era MA

Nothing against Welcome Oblivion; I love that album. It's just more languid to me than anything he's done in NIN

100th Window is so, so beyond Hesitation Marks.

Debatable. 100W has its merits, no doubt. Sinead O sounds great on her cuts and Everywhen is still one of my favorite songs they've ever done. But the whole thing just ends up sounding like a down-shifted version of Mezzanine to me

C'mon now. So is Heligoland.

No way. No way.

To each their own, etc. of course. I've just never warmed to Heligoland, from the first time I've heard it. The only thing worth keeping to me on that entire turd is Hope Sandoval's track, and that's only because she could read from a phone book and I would listen. That whole thing just sounds muted, unfocused and like Massive Attack trying to figure out how to still be Massive Attack. We waited seven years for that?

Hes Marks gets routinely dogged, but at least there's interesting variations of things going on throughout. Heligoland passes by like a boring, ordinary day you can't remember when it's over

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scorpiusdiamond
12-22-2016, 07:47 AM
I saw Charlotte Church do her "Pop Dungeon" show this week where she performs Closer.
Needless to say the crowd had no idea what was going on.
After wanting to see it for so long, I was a little disappointed, but it was still an alright cover. She got the lyrics wrong though (but then again so does Trent...)

Ruined
12-22-2016, 08:18 AM
So excited to hear "Dive and Slam" today! :p

fillow
12-22-2016, 08:22 AM
http://c2n.me/3FLumyl.jpg

The right side of the cover has been always reminding me of a beer glass with some foam on the top, ever since the first time I saw it.

zaps30
12-22-2016, 08:29 AM
I always thought it was a distorted pic of a face.

ChipRock
12-22-2016, 08:32 AM
beer glass

Damn. I feel like I've subconsciously known this the whole time, but it just didn't quite click.

I don't want to be an entitled jerk or a whinger with regards to the new Fragile release, but I'm really agitated about hearing these at some point soon. There's just no way I can justify buying the vinyl right now. At least I can get some schadenfreude because of the apparent delays on their release...

Ryan
12-22-2016, 09:22 AM

The right side of the cover has been always reminding me of a beer glass with some foam on the top, ever since the first time I saw it.

I can never unsee that now.

sweeterthan
12-22-2016, 09:28 AM

I always thought it was trent's right elbow./arm. The black area on the left being the top of his hips/ass. I actually though he put his ass on the cover of the fragile.

I can't unsee the waterfall now.

Ryan
12-22-2016, 09:32 AM
Did they ever post a picture of the shell as it looked before distortion like they've done with the waterfall image?

"cover image is a waterfall in iceland and a seashell in the west indies."
—David Carson

wizfan
12-22-2016, 09:56 AM
Trent should pull an Aphex and release eight years of unheard music on Apple Music.

Leviathant
12-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Did they ever post a picture of the shell as it looked before distortion like they've done with the waterfall image?

"cover image is a waterfall in iceland and a seashell in the west indies."
—David Carson

Someone did, based on some of Carson's books. This is what you get (https://www.flickr.com/photos/10729782@N03/sets/72157624007552825/).

jmtd
12-22-2016, 02:01 PM
I saw Charlotte Church do her "Pop Dungeon" show this week where she performs Closer.
After wanting to see it for so long, I was a little disappointed, but it was still an alright cover. She got the lyrics wrong though (but then again so does Trent...)

I i really want to see this whole show. Hopefully decent recordings will surface now she's done it a few times. Love what little I've seen.

Prettybrokenspiral
12-22-2016, 02:46 PM
I always forget that David Carson was also the dude behind Raygun magazine, which was one of the best music publications of the 90s, bar none..

scorpiusdiamond
12-22-2016, 03:23 PM
I i really want to see this whole show. Hopefully decent recordings will surface now she's done it a few times. Love what little I've seen.

They were filming the show I was at, they could put it out!

Ruined
12-22-2016, 10:45 PM
From discussing our favorite NTAE songs, to those excellent audiophiles with their spectrogram comparisons, damn it's good to have new (and DE) NIN albums! Fucking love this forum.

implanted_microchip
12-23-2016, 01:49 AM
"Alessandro, Robin, Ilan, are a complete part of the family" from that Beats 1 interview made me feel warmer inside than it should have.

WorzelG
12-23-2016, 02:04 AM

I was there too! At the Tramshed?

rampface
12-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Does anyone have a audio rip of the live Tension tour from YouTube and also The Slip live audio? Would appreciate a PM

SarahConnor
12-23-2016, 08:04 PM
RayGun and Carson influenced my artwork in serious ways. In fact, it took awhile to work through that influence and into something original, again. Deceptively difficult approach to design. Easy to copy but real tough to make distinctive

nooneimportant
12-23-2016, 08:07 PM
There's 666 threads on the NIN forum of ETS and Not The Actual Events officially released today... :eek:

Christian
12-23-2016, 08:28 PM

Thank you for ruining this beautiful piece of art for the rest of my life!

Now everything makes sense: glass is fragile, the album name is "Fragile". The album is about a glass of beer.

Christian
12-23-2016, 08:34 PM
There's 666 threads on the NIN forum of ETS and Not The Actual Events officially released today... :eek:

Am I the only one who buys the album but always download the MP3s from pirate sites because they always work instead of buggy "one-time download" systems?

Ash512
12-24-2016, 07:16 AM
This album would have been flawless.

1.Somewhat Damaged
2.The Day The World Went Away
3.The Frail
4.The Wretched
5.We're In This Together
6.The Fragile
7.Just Like You Imagined
8.No You Don't
9.The Way Out Is Through
10.Into The Void
11.The Big Come Down
12.Underneath It all
13.La Mer
14.The Great Below

Microwave Jellyfish
12-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Yeah, you're definitely not alone with this.

The Fragile's cover, at least the right side always makes me think of beer in a pint glass with the NIN logo disappearing in the foam on the top.

sick among the pure
12-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Got Beside You In Time on BluRay (didn't have a player when it came out, so I had the DVD version) for Xmas today. First thing I did was open it up and look at the ARG clue printed inside. Then I realized, this is the only official physical part of the ARG, other than Year Zero itself, that I have. I don't have the shirt (I don't get tour date shirts if I didn't see them on that tour) and I live on the east coast, so I didn't get anything from the OSR meeting stuff, and unfortunately wasn't able to travel to Europe in 2007.

Ribbitman
12-25-2016, 06:24 PM
Just really looked at The Fragile cover. Is the red supposed to be the waterfall on the top part but with blood as the water?

sheepdean
12-25-2016, 06:29 PM
Just really looked at The Fragile cover. Is the red supposed to be the waterfall on the top part but with blood as the water?
What it literally is is a waterfall on top, ECU of a seashell on the bottom. What it symbolises? Ask David Carson

Ryan
12-26-2016, 06:50 AM
Despite this fact:

http://www.nin.wiki/Physical

According to a previously unreleased interview Reznor did with Melody Maker magazine, "Physical" was supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" cover. It should be noted that the Adam and the Ants version is named "Physical (You're So)" and features an extra verse.

Does anyone else feel "right" tagging it as Physical (You're So) and have been forever? For some reason it doesn't feel right just tagging it as "Physical" to me. *shrug*

fillow
12-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Only Physical. It was always just Physical on all halos and promos, and on every iteration of discography at nin.com.
Also no comma in GDML.

Warped_Savant
12-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Despite this fact:

According to a previously unreleased interview Reznor did with Melody Maker magazine, "Physical" was supposed to be a "tongue-in-cheek" cover. It should be noted that the Adam and the Ants version is named "Physical (You're So)" and features an extra verse.

Does anyone else feel "right" tagging it as Physical (You're So) and have been forever? For some reason it doesn't feel right just tagging it as "Physical" to me. *shrug*
I've always tagged it as "Physical (You're So)" because it just doesn't make sense not to.

Seed_0
12-26-2016, 11:03 AM
Did any multi-tracks for HM get released?

seasonsinthesky
12-26-2016, 11:06 AM
I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me – I'm anal about notating cover songs in the titles, so now it's all "Physical (Adam Ant cover)" throughout.

Did any multi-tracks for HM get released?

Sadly, no. Last multitracks we got were from WO.

Seed_0
12-26-2016, 11:14 AM
Damn I was hoping to my own audiophile mastered version lol

fillow
12-26-2016, 11:50 AM
I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me – I'm anal about notating cover songs in the titles, so now it's all "Physical (Adam Ant cover)" throughout.

And it's not even Ant cover, but rather Adam and the Ants'. If you're that anal.

Warped_Savant
12-26-2016, 11:59 AM
Only Physical. It was always just Physical on all halos and promos, and on every iteration of discography at nin.com.
Also no comma in GDML.

I had it as "Physical (You're So)" for a while, but then I realized NIN never had the brackets, and that works fine for me...
No it wasn't!

*goes and checks*
I'm sure it was Physical (You're So).... When did someone change my cd's?!?

*fixes his digital files*

I'm not sure how I never noticed that I've always had it wrong...

seasonsinthesky
12-26-2016, 01:33 PM
I wonder if they were thinking of Coil when they titled it "Feeders." It doesn't sound much like the Coil song ("Feeder"), but they do share an esoteric use of voice pads.

Ryan
12-26-2016, 05:23 PM
I love the way TR described the intro to 10 Miles High during The Fragile sessions - "a garden of lilacs under a sheet of ice".

Amaro
12-26-2016, 05:27 PM
I find any Quake soundtrack song and crème brûlée go together really well after "Leaving Hope".

implanted_microchip
12-27-2016, 07:39 AM
That little strum of a harp in The Downward Spiral's title track continues to be the creepiest chill-inducing thing on that entire album for me

Trento
12-27-2016, 08:11 AM
Hesitation Marks is an analgesic to me. I've had two surgical operations and, in the postoperatives, I felt less pain listening to HM.

eversonpoe
12-27-2016, 08:32 AM
That little strum of a harp in The Downward Spiral's title track continues to be the creepiest chill-inducing thing on that entire album for me

that's a harp? i always assumed it was a mic'd (not amplified) hollow-body electric guitar. unless we're talking about two totally different sounds.

seasonsinthesky
12-27-2016, 09:13 AM
I find any Quake soundtrack song and crème brûlée go together really well after "Leaving Hope".

i can't believe my fanboy said this

implanted_microchip
12-27-2016, 04:52 PM
that's a harp? i always assumed it was a mic'd (not amplified) hollow-body electric guitar. unless we're talking about two totally different sounds.

You'd know way more than me on this subject since you've actually recorded shit so it's entirely possible, always sounded like a harp to me so I've never thought of anything else. Regardless, it's awesome

imail724
12-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Despite this fact:

I have mine tagged as Physical (Let's Get)

Khrz
12-28-2016, 09:01 AM
I have mine tagged as Physical (Let's Get)

You're a fucking monster.

allegate
12-28-2016, 02:11 PM
It seems odd to me that the LPs + digital files are "sold out". What's stopping them from selling the digital files by themselves at this point? Did they run out?

neorev
12-28-2016, 02:19 PM
It seems odd to me that the LPs + digital files are "sold out". What's stopping them from selling the digital files by themselves at this point? Did they run out?

Because Trent hates his fans who pay for and enjoy digital music over his preferred vinyl.

No more vinyl, no more music for you. ;)

Khrz
12-28-2016, 02:28 PM

Do you even imagine the fucking backlash though?
I'm a pretty level - headed guy but even I, who jumped on the vinyls as soon as they hit the store (I may just have contradicted myself here ; I'm generally fairly level-headed) would be kinda peeved to learn that I blew a load of cash on fundamentally useless discs while the cheaper option was a few mere days away...
I stand by this decision and am happily awaiting my records, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go well...

seasonsinthesky
12-28-2016, 02:39 PM

The orders are for the vinyl. Buyers get the download with it. Not the other way around.

And since they keep upping the order limits, obviously they just miscalculated demand and are modifying the store as that changes. I assume this is because Shopify coding requires a maximum amount of copies per product.

allegate
12-28-2016, 02:40 PM
True, but then again I'd still happily buy the vinyls of the albums. It's the soundtracks that I don't care if I have a disc or not and would pay for in hi-res.

xolotl
12-28-2016, 02:51 PM

I do certainly hope that the vinyl+digital releases will eventually convert over to just digital, once the vinyl stocks are well and truly sold out and not getting repressed. I've been kicking myself for not getting Lost Highway and NBK right away, and in the end I'd be happy even if I just had the FLACs.

seasonsinthesky
12-28-2016, 02:54 PM
I've been kicking myself for not getting Lost Highway and NBK right away, and in the end I'd be happy even if I just had the FLACs.

Those are not NIN-exclusive pressings like the NIN albums. They're done by other companies and thus available in all kinds of other shops, like Amazon. And the FLACs you get from the NIN store of these soundtracks are just straight CD audio, no remastering, so to get the equivalent, all you have to do is buy the vinyls through Amazon and download FLAC rips (err, uh, I mean, rip your CD copies you bought in the '90s!).

xolotl
12-28-2016, 03:15 PM
Those are not NIN-exclusive pressings like the NIN albums. They're done by other companies and thus available in all kinds of other shops, like Amazon. And the FLACs you get from the NIN store of these soundtracks are just straight CD audio, no remastering, so to get the equivalent, all you have to do is buy the vinyls through Amazon and download FLAC rips (err, uh, I mean, rip your CD copies you bought in the '90s!).

Oh! I'd assumed there was some remastering going on with those as well, but I suppose that may have been a bad assumption to make! Thanks for the info, I feel less bad about possibly missing those, now.

Khrz
12-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Oh! I'd assumed there was some remastering going on with those as well, but I suppose that may have been a bad assumption to make! Thanks for the info, I feel less bad about possibly missing those, now.

Well you'd have to remaster every single track from every single artist, soooo...

allegate
12-28-2016, 03:34 PM

Well you'd have to remaster every single track from every single artist, soooo...

Except both of them say this:
2016 PRESSING
2XLP + HI RES DIGITALGranted that probably does mean FLAC in general but I was hoping.

seasonsinthesky
12-28-2016, 03:43 PM
Except both of them say [2xLP + Hi Res Digital]. Granted that probably does mean FLAC in general but I was hoping.

Indeed, but that isn't what they deliver when you buy them. People who did get them have confirmed it's FLACs of the same CD audio we've had since the soundtracks came out. So somebody did some copypasta when the store entries were made, just like some of the early mistakes in the discography pages.

allegate
12-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Ah, well there's that then.

And there's snarky post about the store and mistakes made but I'll leave them alone for now.

xolotl
12-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Indeed, but that isn't what they deliver when you buy them. People who did get them have confirmed it's FLACs of the same CD audio we've had since the soundtracks came out. So somebody did some copypasta when the store entries were made, just like some of the early mistakes in the discography pages.

Mm, I actually wouldn't personally consider that to be a "mistake." The term "Hi Res" is vague, but I'd consider anything that's at least CD-quality lossless to qualify for the term. I know that wouldn't necessarily make Neil Young (or some other audiophiles on here) happy, but I think the term as-used on the NIN site is primarily there to distinguish it from lossy (mp3) encodings.

Ryan
12-29-2016, 03:51 AM
Do you think TR recorded Branches/Bones with those drums to make it sound like a better version of "Everything" that he's prouder of?

mauro995
12-29-2016, 02:26 PM
I love the live version of Sin that's been played since 1991 so much that I've done a studio version myself mixing the "Dub" remix and the original version of the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehVdt093ewo

Tommy_Macbeth
12-29-2016, 02:41 PM
This sounds awesome dude! Great work.

Lew
12-29-2016, 03:06 PM
Do you think TR recorded Branches/Bones with those drums to make it sound like a better version of "Everything" that he's prouder of?

but
why would he *not* be proud of 'everything'????
that song was fucking bananas.
pop..hyperpop...hystericalpop...this crazy upbeat music with sarcastic and sad lyrics...it's like he musically manifested a dichotomous emotional state...perfectly.
anyway, my uho on 'everything'.
i reckon the man has never (nope, not even 'that's what i get' or 'ringfinger' ;p) actually created ANYTHING he should feel less than proud of.
fucker puts himself out there, in varying degrees of dress, with his distinct flavour but always all ways from a different perspective.
nope. no shame for any of his body of work.
(btw: i have my own personal loves and not so loves amongst that body of work, but since my reaction is subjective i can and do objectively recognize that what doesn't necessarily resonate with or for me, does not lessen the actual work. he is a maestro.)

Papagolash
12-29-2016, 03:39 PM
I love the live version of Sin that's been played since 1991 so much that I've done a studio version myself mixing the "Dub" remix and the original version of the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehVdt093ewo

That sounds great man! You don't know how badly I wish there was an instrumental studio recording of the live version, I would karaoke the fuck out of it.

Ryan
12-29-2016, 04:46 PM
but
why would he *not* be proud of 'everything'????
that song was fucking bananas.
pop..hyperpop...hystericalpop...this crazy upbeat music with sarcastic and sad lyrics...it's like he musically manifested a dichotomous emotional state...perfectly.
anyway, my uho on 'everything'.
i reckon the man has never (nope, not even 'that's what i get' or 'ringfinger' ;p) actually created ANYTHING he should feel less than proud of.
fucker puts himself out there, in varying degrees of dress, with his distinct flavour but always all ways from a different perspective.
nope. no shame for any of his body of work.
(btw: i have my own personal loves and not so loves amongst that body of work, but since my reaction is subjective i can and do objectively recognize that what doesn't necessarily resonate with or for me, does not lessen the actual work. he is a maestro.)

Well, he should be proud of it because I dig it too, but then he said it had become an irritant to him because of fan reactions. (http://www.nin.wiki/Everything)

Lew
12-29-2016, 04:54 PM
Well, he should be proud of it because I dig it too, but then he said it had become an irritant to him because of fan reactions. (http://www.nin.wiki/Everything)

ah! ok...but i have to say i am surprised he spared any nanofucks toward the kvetching.
sorry for misreading that, aussie :)

sweeterthan
12-29-2016, 05:08 PM
I love Everything. I like it when he doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. I don't know why he let it get to him.

fillow
12-29-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking of having a JaNINuary, listening to 1 halo per day.
And then a Bowiebrary 2.0 right after that.

Seed_0
12-30-2016, 09:12 AM
Anyone think Trent will drop something on New Years Eve?

Substance242
01-01-2017, 10:54 AM
You know, sometimes I wonder... if I was a musician, artist with family and kids, and I felt an urge to create something like "fuck this life and all to hell" (without REALLY feeling that way, only a bit sometimes, as everyone does), how would I describe that to my wife, "honey, don't worry, I am just pretending for the stupid fans, now where's our lunch", but of course she would take it the worst possible way (as women tend to do)... so would I just move it to backup drive, even if I felt it was really good... or what? You can be only free when no-one cares about you, right? And that is hard to achieve. ;-)

Edit: OK, I see I have to change "she would take it the worst possible way (as women tend to do)" to "ETS would take it the worst possible way (as ETS tends to do)". :-) Unbelievable.

tony.parente
01-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Naw.
tenchar

Dr Channard
01-01-2017, 11:17 AM
You know, sometimes I wonder... if I was a musician, artist with family and kids, and I felt an urge to create something like "fuck this life and all to hell" (without REALLY feeling that way, only a bit sometimes, as everyone does), how would I describe that to my wife, "honey, don't worry, I am just pretending for the stupid fans, now where's our lunch", but of course she would take it the worst possible way (as women tend to do)... so would I just move it to backup drive, even if I felt it was really good... or what? You can be only free when no-one cares about you, right? And that is hard to achieve. ;-)

Trent’s ingenious solution, have his wife be a partner in crime, so to speak.

Edit: This statement is only intended as a compliment. They kicked ass together with HTDA, and their track on the new nin ep is solid as well.

seasonsinthesky
01-01-2017, 12:01 PM
can we please leave the misogyny and Yoko Ono-izing out of this entire forum for fuck's sake

neorev
01-01-2017, 12:26 PM

A brand new Not The Actual Events EP along with Definitive Editions of Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and an alternate instrumental version of The Fragile with additional unheard material isn't enough?

xolotl
01-01-2017, 12:32 PM
if I was a musician, artist with family and kids, and I felt an urge to create something like "fuck this life and all to hell" (without REALLY feeling that way, only a bit sometimes, as everyone does), how would I describe that to my wife, "honey, don't worry, I am just pretending for the stupid fans, now where's our lunch"

Couple of super weird assumptions in there:

1) That marriage/kids automatically turns you into a happy person incapable of negative emotion
2) That someone in a happy marriage, with kids, can't genuinely feel like "fuck this life and all to hell"
3) That there's no such thing as compartmentalization of emotion (ie: being unable to be happy with married life but despondent about the world in general)
4) That your spouse would be incapable of understanding that emotions exist, are real, and change over time

If you're not able to talk honestly and openly to the person you've married about yourself and your emotions, then you should really do some work to get to a point where you can.

Uh, right, this is a NIN board. Ummm, NTAE is still extraordinary?

Khrz
01-01-2017, 12:36 PM
Artists usually don't date or marry people who go "was that about me? It's about me isn't it. It's about me. Isn't it?". I'm pretty sure Ms Maandig Reznor is well aware of how writing works.

That whole post was just bafflingly backwards.

wizfan
01-01-2017, 02:30 PM
Never seen this before. This guy combined Rob's camera work with fan cam footage. Good work, though he kind of botched the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaFp5Sw6g2s

Seed_0
01-01-2017, 07:10 PM
A brand new Not The Actual Events EP along with Definitive Editions of Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile and an alternate instrumental version of The Fragile with additional unheard material isn't enough?

1. It will never be enough.
2. Definitive Editions of Broken and TDS?

neorev
01-01-2017, 07:15 PM
1. It will never be enough.
2. Definitive Editions of Broken and TDS?

Not sure what #2 means.

Unless you missed the Definitive Editions of Broken and The Downward Spiral that have been for sale.

ALL NINE INCH NAILS RECORDS BEING REISSUED ON VINYL

TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD SET OUT TO MAKE THE “DEFINITIVE EDITIONS” OF ALL THE MAIN NIN RELEASES ON VINYL. REZNOR: “WE WANT TO PRESENT THE CATALOG AS IT WAS INTENDED TO BE, WITH NO COMPROMISES. THAT MEANS A CAREFUL REMASTERING OF THE AUDIO FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCES, A CAREFUL AND PAINSTAKING RECREATION OF THE ARTWORK, PRISTINE MATERIALS, SOME SURPRISES AND AN INSANE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THAT YOU PROBABLY WON’T NOTICE… BUT IT MATTERS TO US. NO EXTRA BULLSHIT AND GIMMICKS – THE “REAL” RECORDS IN THEIR TRUEST FORM AVAILABLE AT A REASONABLE PRICE.”
Source: http://www.nin.com

Seed_0
01-01-2017, 07:22 PM
Not sure what #2 means.

Unless you missed the Definitive Editions of Broken and The Downward Spiral that have been for sale.

ALL NINE INCH NAILS RECORDS BEING REISSUED ON VINYL

TRENT REZNOR AND NIN ART DIRECTOR JOHN CRAWFORD SET OUT TO MAKE THE “DEFINITIVE EDITIONS” OF ALL THE MAIN NIN RELEASES ON VINYL. REZNOR: “WE WANT TO PRESENT THE CATALOG AS IT WAS INTENDED TO BE, WITH NO COMPROMISES. THAT MEANS A CAREFUL REMASTERING OF THE AUDIO FROM THE ORIGINAL SOURCES, A CAREFUL AND PAINSTAKING RECREATION OF THE ARTWORK, PRISTINE MATERIALS, SOME SURPRISES AND AN INSANE ATTENTION TO DETAIL THAT YOU PROBABLY WON’T NOTICE… BUT IT MATTERS TO US. NO EXTRA BULLSHIT AND GIMMICKS – THE “REAL” RECORDS IN THEIR TRUEST FORM AVAILABLE AT A REASONABLE PRICE.”
Source: http://www.nin.com

I seen that they were re-released, but didn't catch that they were remastered. What are the suprises?

wizfan
01-01-2017, 07:40 PM
I seen that they were re-released, but didn't catch that they were remastered. What are the suprises?

We won't know until the vinyl releases become available this spring.

Ribbitman
01-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Was It Worth It on the new Fragile album... holy fuck

Deepvoid
01-02-2017, 10:38 PM
I'm listening to AATCHB right now while browsing through the shows I went and I can say that the most brutal opening set of songs I saw was in Toronto in 2006 (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2006/molson-amphitheatre-toronto-on-canada-2bd6dc12.html).
They opened with Somewhat Damaged followed by YKWYA, Sin, Terrible Lie and MOTP. It was completely insane.

botley
01-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Yep, that was a memorable show. The one-off poster design was of a cruise missile launching (still have it above my bed)!

botley
01-02-2017, 11:27 PM
So...he knew far enough in advance that it was going to be a brutal show? Man. I'd be fascinated to hear how and when the guy decides setlists. Or maybe I wouldn't, depending on the answer. But presently, I am quite curious.
That whole series of posters was of glitchy military imagery (presaging Year Zero) but it wouldn't surprise me if he took a little extra inspiration that night...

tony.parente
01-02-2017, 11:36 PM
Year Zero might be my favorite NIN album cover. That shit is dope as hell.

Papagolash
01-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Holy shit. Someone had a bad day. Most of the setlists on a given tour are fairly regular, but I don't think I ever even heard of anything approaching that setlist.

I was pretty goddamned pleased in 2009 to see "Somewhat Damaged" lead right into "Last, but by that point—having seen two of my all-time favorite songs by anyone, long after I'd given up ever seeing them, right in a fucking row—I was too blissed out to remember what came next.

That's actually the standard 5 opening songs for nearly every show on that tour. 1st half of that show was great. It'd be those 5 songs then either The Frail/The Wretched or Something I can Never Have, then Closer Burn and Gave Up before they got to the gates down "mellow" portion of the set list. Man the setlist for that tour was really fucking solid.

WorzelG
01-03-2017, 01:15 AM
Holy shit. Someone had a bad day. Most of the setlists on a given tour are fairly regular, but I don't think I ever even heard of anything approaching that setlist.

Check out the second half of the Reading Festival 2013 setlist. It ended with Gave Up and Wish
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-nails/2013/little-johns-farm-reading-england-3c60583.html

WorzelG
01-03-2017, 03:17 AM
Jesus fucking Christ. That could've been astounding.

Ha ha, yes but not for fans of Fall Out Boy and Biffy Clyro

niggo
01-03-2017, 03:59 AM
I like to think that I'm a pretty hardcore NIN fan, but today is the first day I have ever heard Ripe (With Decay). I have always listened to a vinyl rip of The Fragile and didn't even know that the (With Decay) part is so different. It seems I am not as hardcore as I thought I was.

eversonpoe
01-03-2017, 08:30 AM
I like to think that I'm a pretty hardcore NIN fan, but today is the first day I have ever heard Ripe (With Decay). I have always listened to a vinyl rip of The Fragile and didn't even know that the (With Decay) part is so different. It seems I am not as hardcore as I thought I was.

literally my only complaint about the vinyl version of the fragile is the lack of the (with decay) section, because i love it.

Khrz
01-03-2017, 08:43 AM
literally my only complaint about the vinyl version of the fragile is the lack of the (with decay) section, because i love it.

Yeah, matter of habit I suppose but when Ripe fades out I feel cheated every time !

WorzelG
01-03-2017, 08:54 AM
I've never heard of this one. It doesn't even sound real. It sounds like the musician who ends up disappointing the kid who thinks she's a hero in a very special episode of "Saved by the Bell."

You can download the concert from ninlive and make your own judgement.
http://www.ninlive.com/shows/2013/20130825.html

It seems to have been removed from youtube.

Shadaloo
01-03-2017, 09:41 AM

Replace this with "CD version" and you have my experience. When I finished my listen-through of the DE earlier this week I was in a bookstore and had to set everything down to check the media player. I was all "wait, what the fuck happened." Completely threw me until I remembered.

ChipRock
01-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Funnily enough I only just listened to the vinyl version of The Fragile for the first time today. Man - Ripe is weird without Decay. I need another post-Xmas week off work to sit around and listen to all these various versions for comparison. I'm sure somebody else already worked out the fullest (longest?) version of the album you can get - I need that on a playlist.

As for Reading '13 - I love that set. "Fuck Rock N Roll". I can see it on YouTube from where I am, by the way, via RITCNIN.

Callahan
01-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Looks like Trent is uploading more tunes.

Another Fragile variation to toss into the mix:

No, You Don't (extended) (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/nine-inch-nails-no-you-dont-alternate)

Some Patriots Day tracks also being posted on the same SoundClound account.

Escape (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-escape)
Capture and Fenway (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-capture-fenway)
Obama and Coffee (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-obama-coffee)

Shadaloo
01-03-2017, 10:01 AM
Oooh. The icon on that one is different from the Deviations 1 cover art from the excerpts they put up there, too. Might be a sample from Deviations 2 judging by that familiar F that showed up in the pdf.

joplinpicasso
01-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Looks like Trent is uploading more tunes.

Another Fragile variation to toss into the mix:

No, You Don't (extended) (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/nine-inch-nails-no-you-dont-alternate)

Some Patriots Day tracks also being posted on the same SoundClound account.

Escape (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-escape)
Capture and Fenway (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-capture-fenway)
Obama and Coffee (https://soundcloud.com/trentreznorandatticusross/trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-obama-coffee)

Fascinating. It's really just "Feeders" as the full intro now. Guess they really liked it.

Christian
01-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Year Zero might be my favorite NIN album cover. That shit is dope as hell.

The whole "Year Zero" concept is pretty amazing. The songs kinda work for me, but separately. It is impossiblo to listen to this album from top to bottom because the songs are overcompressed and most of them look like the same. Same noises, same mood...

ChipRock
01-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Sure this got spoken about before, but that Soundcloud account isn't official, right? There's no links to 'Buy' or any other web page, and looking at what the account has liked and followed...

r_z
So is this a legit account?

implanted_microchip
That soundcloud is posting the unreleased Deviations 1 tracks as well, so I guess everybody mad about it only being available through the vinyl purchase will be happy now. White Mask and a few others are up.

Callahan
01-03-2017, 11:45 AM
No idea if there's confirmation it's legit, but it having unreleased tracks indicates it could be (unreleased to my knowledge? particularly on the Patriots Day tracks), or it's an account that's leaking songs.

Deepvoid
01-03-2017, 12:01 PM
That's actually the standard 5 opening songs for nearly every show on that tour. 1st half of that show was great. It'd be those 5 songs then either The Frail/The Wretched or Something I can Never Have, then Closer Burn and Gave Up before they got to the gates down "mellow" portion of the set list. Man the setlist for that tour was really fucking solid.

Sin wasn't always in that mix though.

Papagolash
01-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Seriously? I got "Love Is Not Enough," "You Know What You Are," "Terrible Lie," "The Line Begins to Blur," and "March of the Pigs." Which, now that I type it out, seems a bit more intense than I recall it actually being. And I thought that was pretty typical. Lousy seats; bad company. But still, the swapping of "Love" for "Damaged" and "Line" for the live version of "Sin" would've drastically improved things.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about things, I do recall my shock when the Beside You in Time DVD had "Somewhat Damaged" on the other disc. I was astonished that it had seen the light of day and assumed it was only one or two times. Guess I should've done my homework.

The tour leg you're thinking of is the With Teeth arena tour, which is what Beside You in Time is. The setlist I was talking about is from the With Teeth Ampitheatre Tour, which followed the arena tour, which the bonus footage of BYIT is from. You can check out the tour differences here http://www.nin.wiki/Live:_With_Teeth

sweeterthan
01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Year zero is a perfect album. How can you not listen to the whole thing? I might've listened to it almost non stop the first two years after it's release.

Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell)
01-03-2017, 12:58 PM
too bad theres no studio version of Trent singing 'Banged and Blown Through"...the performances from 09 where Trent sung the song solo are great

implanted_microchip
01-03-2017, 12:59 PM
No idea if there's confirmation it's legit, but it having unreleased tracks indicates it could be (unreleased to my knowledge? particularly on the Patriots Day tracks), or it's an account that's leaking songs.

The Patriot's Day tracks are straight from the leaked FYC screener and the only thing I think is "new" is the mix of Feeders and No You Don't but it wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to edit together.

I'm doubting it's actually them.

tony.parente
01-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Year zero is a perfect album. How can you not listen to the whole thing? I might've listened to it almost non stop the first two years after it's release.

Its honestly the only NIN record where I don't skip a single track.

BRoswell
01-03-2017, 02:05 PM
It's not an official account. They posted the music from the Patriots Day trailer before, and it was pretty clear that they just ripped the audio from the video and used some sort of isolation filter on it.

WorzelG
01-03-2017, 02:08 PM
Are they even doing an official score release for Patriots Day though? I can't recall seeing anything about that

seasonsinthesky
01-03-2017, 02:18 PM

The fact that every song except TGG, TGD and AVOTT have almost exactly the same arrangement. It gets extremely boring.

With that said, most songs have at least one reason to keep listening anyway, and one can change arrangements with multitracks if so inclined. Once I did, it's certainly an unstoppable listen!

eversonpoe
01-03-2017, 04:29 PM
Its honestly the only NIN record where I don't skip a single track.

it's the only NIN record where i DO skip a track (Capital G) and want to skip others (The Warning is just not pleasing to my ears, and i don't really like The Good Soldier)

wizfan
01-03-2017, 04:32 PM
On my "Desperate Requests" List as well, with a studio recording of "Now I'm Nothing."

I want a studio recording of Sex Dwarf.

botley
01-04-2017, 10:18 AM
Are they even doing an official score release for Patriots Day though? I can't recall seeing anything about that
I would hope so, but there has been no official announcement yet.

joplinpicasso
01-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Random NIN Comment/Question: I enjoy The Slip and think it occupies a cool space in NIN history -- spontaneous, fun, and a fascinating companion to Ghosts from the same year. But I believe it's my least favorite NIN release and I'm trying to think why. I've read from sources here that it was supposed to be an EP, a la NTAE, but then was expanded (can this be confirmed?). Even NTAE sounds more polished then TS, though. Is it the production of "1,000,000" I don't like, or the fact that there are two, chunky instrumentals in the second half right before an enigmatic closer ("Demon Seed")? Two of my favorite NIN songs come from the record, though ("LITS" and "Echoplex"), and apparently a lot of indie music outlets praise it highly. Go figure!

As it stands, my obligatory ranking is:

The Fragile
With Teeth
The Downward Spiral
Hesitation Marks (sometimes higher)
Ghosts
Broken
Year Zero
Pretty Hate Machine
Still
Not The Actual Events
The Slip

thevoid99
01-04-2017, 02:50 PM
I listened to The Fragile DE last night and... wow.... there is more in that record to hear as it's the little things that really makes a difference. There's bits here and there in the album either I don't remember hearing or ever heard. It makes me love the album even more. Someone needs to make a doc or something about that album as there has to be something about the mixing and sound design because it is truly out of this world.

sick among the pure
01-04-2017, 03:25 PM
I've read from sources here that it was supposed to be an EP, a la NTAE, but then was expanded (can this be confirmed?).

I can't remember where, but Trent did say that The Slip started as either leftover ideas/sounds from the Ghosts sessions, or something along those lines (where they just kinda kept going with a few things, as evident with Demon Seed). Which is funny to think about, as Hesitation Marks was another album that grew from a few songs (meant to be used for the greatest hits release) into a full album release on its own as well.

Your Name Here
01-04-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm not sure why The Slip constantly gets abused, I love Discipline, Echoplex, LITS and Demon Seed.

joplinpicasso
01-04-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure why The Slip constantly gets abused, I love Discipline, Echoplex, LITS and Demon Seed.

No abuse meant! I love those songs.

r_z
01-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I think it's the best in the catalogue.

Dr Channard
01-04-2017, 10:19 PM

Seems like a few get down on it from an angle of eyeing the relatively brief creative phase and translating that to the album having a subpar production. But you’re right, The Slip is a damn fine album. If anything, the rapid creative process is a testament to the expertise of its makers. And for what they charged for the album, I have nothing negative to say about it.

thevoid99
01-04-2017, 11:53 PM
I love The Slip. I thought it was a solid album. Plus, who doesn't like to shake that booty to "Discipline"?

HWB
01-05-2017, 04:06 AM
I feel like The Slip would have been much less divided if the vocal performance was more like the rehearsals. I do love the studio's performance too overall but rehearsals have much more power, expect for songs like Head Down and Echoplex, those are in my opinion better on the studio. I love the album itself, I love how varied it is, I love how there seems to be some kind of a theme going on. I love its sound too. Shame it gets often unoticed, it is a real shame. Demon Seed may just be one of my favorite closers, very unique way to close out an album from NIN.

jmtd
01-05-2017, 04:20 AM
I've had in the back of my mind to do a Slip remix album (in the spirit of FDTS etc.) and had some solid ideas of things to try but the area I would get stuck on are the middle numbers: 1M, Letting You etc. - perhaps using live performances or rehearsal performances as a mix base would work well for them.

bobbie solo
01-05-2017, 10:19 AM
I think it's the best in the catalogue.

The Slip is your favorite NIN album? Of all of them? Ever?

r_z
01-05-2017, 11:17 AM
Yes. I wouldn't necessarily call it the most accomplished vision or concept album of his. That certainly goes out to TDS. But what I like about The Slip is how loose it feels.

To me, NIN-albums typically tend to be dense and they often feel needlessly serious and dark. They seldomly come without detailed narratives on what they mean to portait or how you as a listener have to absorb this thing at hand. Also, there's practically no NIN-album that I can listen to without having to cringe a few times. And that's because the lyrics sometimes are so bad that they sabotage those overly serious topics. Add his subpar skills at singing and all that drama and darkness that's on display suddenly looses a lot of its spark. (Btw those moments, I feel, are the key to understanding where a reviewer like the one from the PF review about TF is coming from).

And while that might sound a bit unfair, I feel with The Slip, the music benefits from the concept of this garage-y record they set out to do. Also, here, I like his lyrics better than on most of his other stuff. I guess the fact that he didn't spend so much time on every aspect of this record - musically (Head Down = Trent & Co's best production ever) and lyrically - didn't allow him to overthink much of this album.

xolotl
01-05-2017, 11:29 AM

I still rank The Slip as high as I do The Fragile; I've never been able to rank one above the other.

More potentially-controversial opinions: I still currently rank Hesitation Marks as my #1 favorite NIN album, with Fragile/Slip vying for #2.

joplinpicasso
01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Add his subpar skills at singing and all that drama and darkness that's on display suddenly looses a lot of its spark.

You're insane, friend. I feel a great many NIN lyrics end up working because of TR's voice and performance.

r_z
01-05-2017, 12:26 PM
You're insane, friend. I feel a great many NIN lyrics end up working because of TR's voice and performance.
He's good at screaming, obviously. But that's kinda a one-trick pony, isn't it?

buckaroo
01-05-2017, 12:33 PM

I feel like The Slip doesn't get the respect it deserves. It isn't my favorite, but I love it and it has some of my favorites songs (Head Down, LITS, Echoplex, Demon Seed). I really feel like it doesn't get a proper chance due to the fact that it was given away. I think that really has an impact on how people view music. It cheapens it. I never understood the feeling like it was not a fully fleshed-out album from listening to it. If I didn't know it was recorded so quickly I wouldn't feel like it was. Just in terms of length, I think it would have benefited from maybe one more song.

Also, it might be my least favorite cover (except for maybe NTAE), but I totally LOVE the rest of the artwork. I always thought the picture of the circle with the red line through the bottom would have been an awesome cover.

eversonpoe
01-05-2017, 01:34 PM
am i the only person who DOESN'T like "lights in the sky?" trent's ballads have never been my favorite, but if i had to rank them off the top of my head, LITS would be at the bottom, tied with "find my way"

joplinpicasso
01-05-2017, 01:41 PM
I didn't mean to start a debate. Well, perhaps I did. Don't get me wrong! It's a fun album. And I love "LITS" for how un-industrial it is. Maybe you will all make me rethink Le Slip.

buckaroo
01-05-2017, 01:44 PM
am i the only person who DOESN'T like "lights in the sky?" trent's ballads have never been my favorite, but if i had to rank them off the top of my head, LITS would be at the bottom, tied with "find my way"

I much prefer the loud nin over the ballads, but Find My Way might actually be my favorite song off HM. LITS just sounds really good to me for some reason. I like how quiet it is and then followed by Corona Radiata it just works for some reason in a really weird way.

HWB
01-05-2017, 01:45 PM
He's good at screaming, obviously. But that's kinda a one-trick pony, isn't it?

His singing voice may not be the best thing ever in the world, but it is really good in my opinon and its range has been improving. He is really good at whispering and he has various ammounts of screams. Hesitation Marks kinda proved he can make a good album which has a lot of singing and does not have to scream almost at all.

Right Where It Belongs is wonderful mostly thanks to his vocals. He is not all about screaming in my opinion.

neorev
01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Biggest disappoinment with these reissues is how Trent treated the digital and the vinyl flow the same with all of the tracks breaks caused by the vinyl format. It's especially noticeable with The Fragile. I just love the CD version when it flowed more since there was only a single separation between discs 1 and 2. The vinyl edition has too many moments where it breaks up the flow and loses that feeling of a continuous journey. I wish Trent just made each format unique and mixed the digital copy closer to how the CD tracks were blended. These pauses, for example between The Wretched and WITT, are distracting and take me out of the moment. Shame Trent didn't take the opportunity to make the digital copy unique so each format had its own experience. A continuous Fragile without any breaks would be awesome.

eversonpoe
01-05-2017, 02:01 PM
Biggest disappoinment with these reissues is how Trent treated the digital and the vinyl flow the same with all of the tracks breaks caused by the vinyl format. It's especially noticeable with The Fragile. I just love the CD version when it flowed more since there was only a single separation between discs 1 and 2. The vinyl edition has too many moments where it breaks up the flow and loses that feeling of a continuous journey. I wish Trent just made each format unique and mixed the digital copy closer to how the CD tracks were blended. These pauses, for example between The Wretched and WITT, are distracting and take me out of the moment. Shame Trent didn't take the opportunity to make the digital copy unique so each format had its own experience. A continuous Fragile without any breaks would be awesome.

i'm mad he didn't seem to fix the segue issues between the sides of TDS (which is sort of the opposite of your complaint)

neorev
01-05-2017, 02:28 PM
i'm mad he didn't seem to fix the segue issues between the sides of TDS (which is sort of the opposite of your complaint)

Thank god because TDS flows exactly how it should like its CD version and it is what makes TDS an amazing listening experience. The whole breaking up of sides and across multiple records is one of the main things that I hate with vinyl. Its time limitations just destroys an album's flow. And it's a shame that the journey that is The Fragile is hindered by it.

Kulerage
01-05-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm sure you guys are familiar with those musical easter eggs Trent tends to put in some of his songs. Well I just found one today, from Where Is Everybody? even. During the guitar solo bit, the acoustic guitar riff that enters in the beginning actually reenters at about 4:00.

seasonsinthesky
01-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Thank god because TDS flows exactly how it should like its CD version and it is what makes TDS an amazing listening experience. The whole breaking up of sides and across multiple records is one of the main things that I hate with vinyl. Its time limitations just destroys an album's flow. And it's a shame that the journey that is The Fragile is hindered by it.

See, this is a strength imo. The forced flow of something like ED->"Pilgrimage" on the CD is just trash, imo. There's no need for those two songs to be continuous without something else, more sensible, creating the flow. Like "Feeders." Except that's a poor example because it sucks too, imo.

The transition from TB into IDNWT is at two clashing tempi. It sounds bloody awful. So the vinyl would be greatly improved if it had the two separated (which is in question). imo imo imo

I should probably have posted this in the controversial comments thread.

r_z
01-05-2017, 03:37 PM
His singing voice may not be the best thing ever in the world, but it is really good in my opinon and its range has been improving. He is really good at whispering and he has various ammounts of screams. Hesitation Marks kinda proved he can make a good album which has a lot of singing and does not have to scream almost at all.

Right Where It Belongs is wonderful mostly thanks to his vocals. He is not all about screaming in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm sorry, my above comment regarding the screaming was meant kinda tongue in cheek. I mean, his singing on The Slip doesn't bother me at all. But contrary to you I feel it's precisely the ballads in which he's reaching his limits.
I guess, what I'm trying to say is, that -aside from manupulating his vocals with effects- singing rather in talking- or whispering-mode suits him more than trying to be Sade. That's how I feel, anyway.

Dr Channard
01-05-2017, 03:37 PM

Yup. Reznor’s voice hits me as being in a similar category with Bob Dylan, specifically in that his voice isn’t the prettiest and his range isn’t the best, but it is a unique voice, it’s interesting to listen to, and what he does have he generally commands well. John Legend (for instance) is the man and all, but who would want to hear him do something like Mr Self Destruct? It just wouldn’t be right.

Your Name Here
01-05-2017, 05:04 PM
You know how people have put on the Wizard Of Oz turned down the sound and watch it while playing Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd. I wonder if you could take Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey turn down the sound and play The Fragile: Deviations 1 if you could get the same effect.

GibbonBlack
01-05-2017, 06:23 PM
You know how people have put on the Wizard Of Oz turned down the sound and watch it while playing Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd. I wonder if you could take Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey turn down the sound and play The Fragile: Deviations 1 if you could get the same effect.

Anything's possible with a little bit of confirmation bias!

Harry Seaward
01-05-2017, 06:28 PM
I just found this thing that reminded me of the beginning of Mr. Self Destruct.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNbu3B7Bjac/?taken-by=imanueldelavega

Can anybody confirm that this is not what was taking place during the beginning of Mr. Self Destruct?

imail724
01-05-2017, 06:49 PM
The transition from TB into IDNWT sounds bloody awful. So the vinyl would be greatly improved if it had the two separated (which is in question).

Oh man oh man how I disagree

scorpiusdiamond
01-05-2017, 06:50 PM
God damn it, I want And All That Could Have Been and Still physically... urghhh

hani
01-05-2017, 07:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ef4Tm1Fl.png

saw this on setlist.fm. rehearsal or fake?

xolotl
01-05-2017, 07:06 PM

I'm pretty sure TR+AR said in their Zane Lowe interview that there were no plans to tour in 2017, so I'm guessing that it's fake. Much as I'd love to see NIN again, I know that when TR wrapped up touring last time, he'd said something about not wanting to miss his kids growing up, so personally I suspect we won't see any major tours for quite awhile.

somewhat_
01-05-2017, 07:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ef4Tm1Fl.png

I'm as optimistic as anyone about nin touring this year (later half of year), but in order for this be real it means he's kept any touring info under wraps, lied during the Zane Lowe interview, and has one hell of a surprise in store for us.

TheBang
01-05-2017, 07:24 PM
I say fake. Especially since there's a hockey game scheduled that day in the Staples Center

seasonsinthesky
01-05-2017, 07:55 PM
Oh man oh man how I disagree

And I mean, that's cool. I think a lot of fans are with you. And for what it's worth, I know TR does these things with consideration and measure, so there is some purpose behind all of the times he has purposely clashed tempi (HLAH/TL, TB/IDNWT crossfade, intro vs. body of 10MH, etc.). In the end, though, I will always retort that a better result could have been achieved with a different methodology... to which TR would probably say, "too bad I like it the way it is, cocksucker!" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Harry Seaward
01-05-2017, 08:19 PM
I think I like the album version of I'm Afraid of Americans better than the Trent Reznor remix.

=/

eversonpoe
01-05-2017, 09:56 PM
I think I like the album version of I'm Afraid of Americans better than the Trent Reznor remix.

=/

really? i find the original version way less interesting. what about it do you like better?

Shadaloo
01-06-2017, 12:16 AM
It bears repeating every so often:

It's easy to take potshots at Purest Feeling and its contents, it being the very very beginnings and all, but Maybe Just Once is a song I legitimately love, and it had every potential to be one of the best songs on PHM if it had been developed a little further. I'll cut anyone sideways who looks at it wrong, dammit.

Harry Seaward
01-06-2017, 12:18 AM
really? i find the original version way less interesting. what about it do you like better?

Maybe it's because I've heard the NIN remix a billion times. The album version just sounds cleaner and fresher to me.

joplinpicasso
01-06-2017, 07:44 AM
I like the Purest Feeling demos. Always have. Always will. I could've done with fewer dialogue samples, I think, but a few of the tracks, I think, are even superior to their finalized versions. And hokey or not, I've always really dug "Purest Feeling" itself and "Maybe Just Once."

I enjoy but can't help but think, Man, This guy's voice is just too angry for this style of music.

Pyract
01-07-2017, 01:00 AM
I finally took the time to upload everything I had in my personal archives from the Fragile era of nin.com. I spent a lot of time getting the individual Fragility date pages almost fully functional. Hopefully its of some use to somebody.

http://www.nindestruct.com

http://i.imgur.com/RnDpQdW.png

sick among the pure
01-07-2017, 01:08 AM
I finally took the time to upload everything I had in my personal archives from the Fragile era of nin.com. I spent a lot of time getting the individual Fragility date pages almost fully functional. Hopefully its of some use to somebody.

http://www.nindestruct.com

http://i.imgur.com/RnDpQdW.png

As someone who got into NIN right around 2001 and didn't do any NINternet stuff until at least 2002/2003, thank you for this. The Fragile era is my favorite as far as music and art is concerned, so I'm still sad that I never got to experience the web presence NIN had back then (obviously more bummed that I missed the last time they actually had a show in Buffalo, but I was in high school at the time and I had a hard time convincing my mom to let me go to a Weird Al concert at the time, I doubt I could have gone to a Fragility show).

Pyract
01-07-2017, 01:14 AM
As someone who got into NIN right around 2001 and didn't do any NINternet stuff until at least 2002/2003, thank you for this. The Fragile era is my favorite as far as music and art is concerned, so I'm still sad that I never got to experience the web presence NIN had back then (obviously more bummed that I missed the last time they actually had a show in Buffalo, but I was in high school at the time and I had a hard time convincing my mom to let me go to a Weird Al concert at the time, I doubt I could have gone to a Fragility show).
No problem, it was indeed an exciting time, and I'm glad I can kinda​ share it, at least in some form.

Papagolash
01-07-2017, 06:49 PM
YES it has the video from when they were filming Deep, where Trent gets out of the car and starts screaming like a mad man, throwing his arms around and ripping his coat off. That clip would make me laugh so hard back in the day.

Also great work on all of this!

reznovka
01-09-2017, 02:23 AM
I say fake. Especially since there's a hockey game scheduled that day in the Staples Center

Maybe he'll be on stage during the breaks?

Tommy_Macbeth
01-09-2017, 02:26 AM
It's becoming increasingly difficult to wait for either the physical component to arrive or the ability to listen to some songs from Patriot's Day, I need one of them at least! :D

ChipRock
01-09-2017, 03:10 AM
the physical component

So I'm not the only one eagerly checking the mail every day, despite knowing this probably isn't going to appear for a while yet?

reznovka
01-09-2017, 04:11 AM
still waiting for my Before The Flood Vinyl...they should start sending me some of my ordered pieces...or it'll be a huge box if they send it in one go.

tony.parente
01-09-2017, 07:02 AM
I saw Trent Reznor at a grocery store in LA yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

niggo
01-09-2017, 07:08 AM
tony.parente What the fuck did I just read?

sweeterthan
01-09-2017, 07:08 AM
Drugs are bad, mkay.

eversonpoe
01-09-2017, 07:42 AM
I saw Trent Reznor at a grocery store in LA yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

did you mean to post this in the "dreams" thread, tony? because you don't even live in LA.

nooneimportant
01-09-2017, 07:48 AM

That's some expired pasta you got there.

Bachy
01-09-2017, 07:49 AM
@tony.parente (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2107) What the fuck did I just read?

Not the actual events.

imail724
01-09-2017, 08:04 AM
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me.The imagery here is hilarious.

xolotl
01-09-2017, 08:38 AM
...so personally I suspect we won't see any major tours for quite awhile.
I, er, guess I'll stand corrected! Huzzah!

(I suppose only one confirmed date hardly makes a "major tour," but signs seem pretty good now!)

ChipRock
01-09-2017, 08:44 AM
I'm getting dizzy from thinking about a live date, then more live dates, a European tour... and if they're touring, then who's going to be in the band? AR presumably... and OF COURSE there'll probably be a full album between now and the Summer... and they're playing alongside ATCQ - how cool is that? On top of all that, I want a Milky Way now. But of course they're different here in the UK. Why is that? It's all proving too much right now.

Volband
01-09-2017, 09:27 AM
I'm getting dizzy from thinking about a live date, then more live dates, a European tour... and if they're touring, then who's going to be in the band? AR presumably... and OF COURSE there'll probably be a full album between now and the Summer... and they're playing alongside ATCQ - how cool is that? On top of all that, I want a Milky Way now. But of course they're different here in the UK. Why is that? It's all proving too much right now.
Dude, I could never understand milky ways. It's so soft and... ugh.

Btw I am skeptical about a new LP, I think it is too good to be true. Then again, early December last year I still thought papa Trent abandoned us for good, but he came through showing me the light, so I'm all aboard the hype train!

joplinpicasso
01-09-2017, 11:17 AM
Random thought: I forgot how much I loved Ghosts I-IV! Everything about it, really - the photographs by Graybill and Sherdian, the variety of sounds, the groundwork for the soundtracks later on.

HWB
01-09-2017, 12:02 PM

Quality copy pasta right here.

Halo Infinity
01-09-2017, 06:18 PM
@elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) - I definitely thought that you'd love to know this too.

Anyway, I sometimes enjoy looking up random videos on YouTube about conspiracy theories and paranormal activities and I noticed that out of all the songs from Ghosts I-IV, Ghosts II -11 was used quite a lot. I can obviously see how and why it would go well with the type of tone/mood those videos are aiming to set though, but it just jumped right at me since I've been listening to Ghosts I-IV quite a lot over the past few years as well.

Thanks to those videos though, Ghosts II - 11 is also known as the conspiracy theory/paranormal activity track to me. And what a coincidence elevenism, as it also even happens to be track 11. :p

elevenism
01-09-2017, 11:04 PM
@elevenism (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=2475) - I definitely thought that you'd love to know this too.

Anyway, I sometimes enjoy looking up random videos on YouTube about conspiracy theories and paranormal activities and I noticed that out of all the songs from Ghosts I-IV, Ghosts II -11 was used quite a lot. I can obviously see how and why it would go well with the type of tone/mood those videos are aiming to set though, but it just jumped right at me since I've been listening to Ghosts I-IV quite a lot over the past few years as well.

Thanks to those videos though, Ghosts II - 11 is also known as the conspiracy theory/paranormal activity track to me. And what a coincidence elevenism, as it also even happens to be track 11. :p

Awesome!

Ghosts 2-11 = 1111

reznovka
01-10-2017, 01:47 AM

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb112/nzn_2007/KasseMilkyWayDream.jpg