PDA

View Full Version : Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

gorast
02-02-2013, 12:20 AM
From Rob:

"@BStecke (https://twitter.com/BStecke) It's not the "whole" album, it's bonus tracks that fit better in the vinyl format. Just like The Fragile."

BenAkenobi
02-02-2013, 12:29 AM
Maybe those two are simply renamed Sleep of reason and Speaking in tongues, not sure how much sense in that, and i'm trying not to believe so

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 12:59 AM
Wouldn't be the first time a modified track's gotten a new name

Frozen Beach
02-02-2013, 01:31 AM
So when he means "just like the fragile", does he also mean that some of the tracks may have longer/alternative crossfades?

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Vinyl normally is slightly different in those terms anyway

Deadpool
02-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Anyone else think the title track will be a mostly instrumental interlude? I don't care what it is, it's simply a hunch. I actually like the idea of it being being a weird, lyric-less thing since I've come to really enjoy 'The sleep of reason...' Speaking of which, I'm a little surprised I just realized the possibility of 'The wake-up' being a modified version of 'sleep of reason' - y'know, since Mariqueen whispers that creepy "wake up!" at the end of the song (which I love). Hmmm.

simonn
02-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Anyone else considering the possibility that there's a video for every song on the album? 4 before they've even released the thing is quite a lot, though obviously three related to the EP. I recall Trent did mention lots of videos (I'm paraphrasing) when he gave a big update two or three months ago.

r_z
02-02-2013, 05:17 AM
From Rob:

"It's not the "whole" album, it's bonus tracks that fit better in the vinyl format. Just like The Fragile."

evil vinyl format. glad to see someone finally has the guts to face its despotic reign by bombing it with bonus songs. the choir will support your endeavors, smartass music people! the choir will shut the fuck up. the choir will gladly buy any halo or sigil or whateveryounamethosethingsyouretryingtomakeintocol lectorsitems.

gorast
02-02-2013, 02:24 PM
evil vinyl format. glad to see someone finally has the guts to face its despotic reign by bombing it with bonus songs. the choir will support your endeavors, smartass music people! the choir will shut the fuck up. the choir will gladly buy any halo or sigil or whateveryounamethosethingsyouretryingtomakeintocol lectorsitems.
Alright then.

botley
02-02-2013, 02:35 PM
From Rob:

"@BStecke (https://twitter.com/BStecke) It's not the "whole" album, it's bonus tracks that fit better in the vinyl format. Just like The Fragile."
I don't want to make this into a big deal; the last time I engaged Rob on twitter about HTDA, it was over something as trivial as the wording of a tweet about their Instagram account, and I got a bunch of blowback. It's their band, they can do what they like, I'm just some irascible Canadian who doesn't know the first thing about how to promote music. But I know what I like to see when I decide to buy from an artist, in terms of how they approach salesmanship.

If the bonus tracks are ONLY on vinyl because they 'fit better' in that format, and only that format, why are they duplicating it only on ANOTHER PHYSICAL FORMAT instead of offering that version as a download? Just seems like a silly gimmick. Give us a FLAC download version of the vinyl tracklist that we can buy and I'll buy it. Instead I'm going to find those tracks somewhere else.

...this is coming from someone who bought the WITT single.

Deepvoid
02-02-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm sure they are aware of that. I never bought vinyls, never will. If there are bonus tracks that are only available through purchase of the vinyl edition, I'll find them elsewhere.

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
The ETS community isn't exactly known for not sharing music

MrSlfDstruct
02-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm personally back and forth on buying the vinyl. I consider myself a collector, but not to the point of being a completist. I try to have a physical version of all of the songs available for any official release if it's available, but I personally just have no use for the vinyl, despite it being really, really good looking. I guess I'm content with Rob's response in that the album isn't incomplete without the extra tracks, but then that collector kicks in . . .

ZeroisGreg
02-02-2013, 05:54 PM
How do I remove the vocals from 'How long"?

BRoswell
02-02-2013, 06:04 PM
Take a knife and cut along the bottom of the song. The vocals should just fall out on their own.

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
How do I remove the vocals from 'How long"?
Wait for HTDA to release the multitracks, at their current track record you should have them by 2026

ZeroisGreg
02-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Come on guys, I'm serious. I've applied Channel conversion using a vocal cut preset and inverted one channel but it seems the vocals are too interwoven for removal.

BRoswell
02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
There's not much you can do unless they release the multitracks.

ZeroisGreg
02-02-2013, 07:08 PM
There's not much you can do unless they release the multitracks.

Is multi-track releasing allowed by their label?

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Can't you just enjoy the song? And labels love multitracks, though they often want to charge for them

ZeroisGreg
02-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Can't you just enjoy the song? That's difficult to do with these kind of vocals. They don't belong (in my opinion) no matter what style or approach. Bring in Dave Gahan, Shirley Manson, Alison Moyet, or even Peter Gabriel.

ZeroisGreg
02-02-2013, 07:28 PM
That's difficult to do with these kind of vocals. They don't belong (in my opinion) no matter what style or approach. Bring in Dave Gahan, Shirley Manson, Alison Moyet, or even Peter Gabriel.
adding...Annie Lennox, Nick Cave, or perhaps Jarvis Cocker.

BRoswell
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Or how about someone whose vocal style would actually fit with the music. Her voice fits the song perfectly in my opinion.

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh, so you have all those singers on hand to record the vocals for you? That's neat.

BRoswell
02-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm still struggling to see what's so offensive about Mariqueen's vocals in the first place, but that's just me.

butter_hole
02-02-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm still struggling to see what's so offensive about Mariqueen's vocals in the first place, but that's just me.
they're offensive because they're not trents and how dare they.

sheepdean
02-02-2013, 11:27 PM
In some people's minds, Trent wrote all the music and lyrics, and everyone else in the band just plays what he tells them

FernandoDante
02-02-2013, 11:32 PM
opinions and stuff

slave2thewage
02-03-2013, 05:53 AM
adding...Annie Lennox, Nick Cave, or perhaps Jarvis Cocker.
Such a modern taste in music you've got there.

Fred
02-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Yeah, the 80-90's want their idols back, and Phil Collins is really sad about not being on your little list. I personally like Mariqueen's vocals, and this is possibly my favourite HTDA track so far. If you don't feel the same way, then fine. It's a matter of taste, but for the love of God, don't make it into more than that.

dzaver
02-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Come on guys, I'm serious. I've applied Channel conversion using a vocal cut preset and inverted one channel but it seems the vocals are too interwoven for removal.

ahhh. whatever

Henrie_Schnee
02-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, wait for the Multitracks and then get YOUR girlfriends/wives to sing...

But seriously, there's this school of thought about the certain appeal of having women sing in songs who cannot actually sing... how should I put it... as well as the song is intended to be? And I think this really started with Nico on Velvet Undergrounds Banana-record... so, yeah, time has shown that this approach can also lead to success & great art. Especially today, I see this trend re-emerge in the neo/synthi/80s revival bands like The XX, How to Destroy Angels, Bat for Lashes, Crystal Castles and, to a lesser extend, Ladytron... I mean, especially The XX, they're popular as fuck & that girl might have breath, but her voice has as much passion as an episode of The Office.

So, yeah, I can see why people wouldn't like Mariqueens voice... but c'est la vie. Wait for the multitracks!

butter_hole
02-03-2013, 02:19 PM
But seriously, there's this school of thought about the certain appeal of having women sing in songs who cannot actually sing... how should I put it... as well as the song is intended to be? And I think this really started with Nico on Velvet Undergrounds Banana-record... so, yeah, time has shown that this approach can also lead to success & great art. Especially today, I see this trend re-emerge in the neo/synthi/80s revival bands like The XX, How to Destroy Angels, Bat for Lashes, Crystal Castles and, to a lesser extend, Ladytron... I mean, especially The XX, they're popular as fuck & that girl might have breath, but her voice has as much passion as an episode of The Office.
the fuck is this? get your hearing checked, man.

Henrie_Schnee
02-03-2013, 04:43 PM
So what? Opinion.

ItsJustDave
02-03-2013, 04:54 PM
So what? Opinion.

Opinion? You called it a "school of thought". Clearly insinuating that there is a conscious decision being made to have "women sing in songs who cannot actually sing... how should I put it... as well as the song is intended to be?". That's not opinion, so drop the cop out and own it.

Henrie_Schnee
02-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Opinion? You called it a "school of thought". Clearly insinuating that there is a conscious decision being made to have "women sing in songs who cannot actually sing... how should I put it... as well as the song is intended to be?". That's not opinion, so drop the cop out and own it.

Yeah. Sorry. No native speaker, just trying to get the right expressions. My point: I say it is AS fashionable today with modern/dark "electronica" AS it was in the days of post-punk and early synth-pop. Second point: People found it "chic" back then; so people will find it "chic" today. Third point: With "no passion"/"bad singer" singer I'm merely saying that they are no trained, high class vocalist with a wide range of styles, big octave range, unique voice, etc... YET they're voices fit the music perfectly (sense of modern alienation, hauntingess, lots of echo... this kind of stuff). Not trying to start another shitstorm here, seriously.

Max Leo
02-03-2013, 08:33 PM
In some people's minds, Trent wrote all the music and lyrics, and everyone else in the band just plays what he tells them
I remember reading that Q was the lyricist, but to be honest, the lyrics sound a lot, maybe too much, like Trent's.

There are certain words that should be erased from the Reznor's family dictionary from now on, too many "hands and knees", "seeing through myself", "slip away", "fade away", "what you are told", "can/can't you see", "holding on", "the beginning is/of the end", "zeros and ones", etc... I hope there is not a single "nothing can stop me/us now" on Welcome Oblivion ffs. XD

Call it recurring lyrics, but they are becoming tiresome in NIN, and those are mostly TR's recurring lyrics (and too many else I didn't mention) which some people are starting to see as a worrisome and laughable lack of vocabulary, but if Q is writing HTDA's lyrics I don't really understand why the whole band doesn't try to correct or slightly change the stuff that sounds too "reznorish".

I don't mean to be harsh, this is just a friendly advice I would give them to not be constantly compared with NIN, and at least I'm not criticizing Q's vocals (which I mostly like) but her lyrics (which I suspect are at least co-written by Trent). XD

carpenoctem
02-03-2013, 09:27 PM

This is just nuts. I know it's your opinion, but how you can't be moved by the male/female trade-off of the xx is crazy to me - Romy is essential to that band's whole approach. Also, Bat For Lashes is a project all about female identity - there is NO WAY a man could sing Natasha's songs any better than her. The duet she did with Scott Walker only served to highlight how truly central to the music she is.

This is now off-topic, so I'll get back to what we can all agree on: we want another Nine Inch Nails record with Trent's vocals as the main focus, and Welcome Oblivion is not going to be that record. So some of us will be disappointed until 2014, I guess.

tyrannus
02-03-2013, 09:48 PM
The vinyl version of Welcome oblivion is down to $26 bucks on amazon. Just ordered it. 1 month to go.

sheepdean
02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
The vinyl version of Welcome oblivion is down to $26 bucks on amazon. Just ordered it. 1 month to go.
I'm still holding out for HTDA's website

BenAkenobi
02-03-2013, 11:02 PM
well, i'm agreeing with some opinions above, about voice. she sounded alright on the 2010 EP, that was solid, and i can't find a flaw there.
but not so much on all these new songs where she's expanding her range (IYLSE, ice age, how long) there are moments that bring me down to earth while i want to be up in the sky with that music (just like it was with 2010 EP).
the pictures in my imagination suddenly get cracked by reality. these kinds of vocalizing ("o-o-o-ocean, uo-uo-uohh" and the like) do remind me of singing while taking shower.
this is kind of frivolous, but hey maybe that's a concept, to let her loose, to make her slip away? do they want music to just be "okay" and not "fucking outstanding"? their choice i guess.
in my mind i try to find explanations for this while with good music i just listen and enjoy without "back thoughts".

laci
02-04-2013, 04:48 AM
According to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Oblivion-Vinyl-Destroy-Angels/dp/B00B1OWEX0/ref=mb_oe_l), the vinyl version of the album will be a 3 disc set. Nice.

ManOfAtom
02-04-2013, 05:26 AM
According to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Oblivion-Vinyl-Destroy-Angels/dp/B00B1OWEX0/ref=mb_oe_l), the vinyl version of the album will be a 3 disc set. Nice.

two records and a CD.

laci
02-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Oh, sorry, that's true.
Thanks for your help! :)

spahn
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Q's vocals, imo, are getting better and better. i think she nails it in How Long?, no pun intended. I can just imagine how awesome it would be to see her up on stage singing the songs live.

Scarlet Siren
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm still holding out for HTDA's website

Do you think there will be a better package via the website? My mouse his hovering over the 'buy now with 1 click' button....

sheepdean
02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Not a better package (Rob's already said that), but the band gets a bigger cut from buying through them, plus the instant download of the album on release day thing. If the cost is the same (or only a tiny bit more), I'll buy through HTDA. Otherwise, Amazon - as they're signed now, there's no risk of them selling out, so ordering now won't differ from ordering in May.

jessamineny
02-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Shipping from Topspin is quite expensive, though.

sheepdean
02-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Indeed it is - I'll not place my order until the site's live though, just in case. And I'd value that digital download at £5, so that's an acceptable amount to cost more than Amazon.

witte
02-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Japanese release: "bonus track" (not 'tracks') (http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOW-TO-DESTROY-ANGELS-WELCOME-OBLIVION-JAPAN-CD-BONUS-TRACK-E78-/350710269991?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item51a7f60827)

sheepdean
02-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah I'm gonna take an eBay listing with a pinch of salt considering they don't even have the item yet, and don't even have the Obi on the album art

gorast
02-07-2013, 12:48 PM
You sure that's not just a quirk in the ebay listing?

Well now this post looks supremely dumb because I didn't realize there was another page.

jjaks
02-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Japanese release: "bonus track" (not 'tracks') (http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOW-TO-DESTROY-ANGELS-WELCOME-OBLIVION-JAPAN-CD-BONUS-TRACK-E78-/350710269991?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item51a7f60827)
HMV and Japanese Sony Music Shop have no mention about extra tracks.
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_How-To-Destroy-Angels_000000000438169/item_Welcome-Oblivion_5296179
http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/item/itemShw.php?site=S&ima=5901&dS2SPH=1&cd=SICP000003731

blassster
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Amazon Canada store (http://www.amazon.ca/Welcome-Oblivion-Vinyl-Destroy-Angels/dp/B00B1OWEX0/) is about double the price of the .com site (searched ets and didn't see this mentioned). Glad I pre-ordered when it was lower.

carpenoctem
02-10-2013, 11:07 PM
We're now a good amount of the way into February and I can't stop myself from wondering when Welcome Oblivion is going to leak. God, how long has it been since we've had the pleasure of anticipating a Reznor leak from someone not Reznor?

gorast
02-10-2013, 11:37 PM
I'm gonna say a week before March 5.

Ryan
02-12-2013, 10:25 PM
How does everyone plan on sequencing the tracks once this is out?

The CD version has a different track order to the vinyl version. Even if you were to slip the two vinyl bonus tracks onto the CD version, you're going to have a third, entirely different track arrangement.

CD:

"The Wake-Up"
"Keep It Together (http://www.ninwiki.com/Keep_It_Together)"
"And The Sky Began To Scream"
"Welcome Oblivion"
"Ice Age (http://www.ninwiki.com/Ice_Age)"
"On The Wing (http://www.ninwiki.com/On_The_Wing)"
"Too Late, All Gone"
"How Long?"
"Strings And Attractors"
"We Fade Away"
"Recursive Self-Improvement"
"The Loop Closes"
"Hallowed Ground"

Vinyl:

"The Wake-Up"
"Keep It Together"
"And The Sky Began To Scream"
"Ice Age"
"Welcome Oblivion"
"On The Wing"
"Too Late, All Gone"
"The Province Of Fear"
"How Long?"
"Strings And Attractors"
"Recursive Self-Improvement"
"Unintended Consequences"
"We Fade Away"
"The Loop Closes"
"Hallowed Ground"

I was thinking of maybe just going with the entire vinyl version arrangement to avoid too much confusion.

gorast
02-12-2013, 10:28 PM
That's what I intended to do once I had the bonus tracks, unless the segues are weird.

BenAkenobi
02-13-2013, 01:55 AM
Weird segues are a necessity! One of the main selling points if you will.

Vertigo
02-13-2013, 03:42 AM
Do we know where the vinyl's sides start and finish?

kdrcraig
02-13-2013, 07:06 AM
I was just planning on ripping the white label CD of the vinyl version.

shagg_187
02-13-2013, 09:32 AM
I was just planning on ripping the white label CD of the vinyl version.

Yep. White CD is the definitive version.

jessamineny
02-13-2013, 11:02 AM
If it's the definitive version, why aren't they distributing it on all the CDs and all the downloads? Wouldn't they want everyone to hear the definitive version? How would it be in their interests to withhold it from the vast majority of consumers of their art?

gorast
02-13-2013, 11:08 AM
It might be the definitive version for us, the people who want all fifteen tracks, but it might not be the definitive version for the band itself (from Rob's response regarding it, I would argue that this is exactly the case); this would bring us right back to the discussion that spanned the last few pages, though.

AgentofChaos
02-13-2013, 11:14 AM
^You mean, like a loop? Heh.

Hardest, but a fun part for me is going to be where to place Sleep of Reason and Speaking in Tongues as I feel like they would be crucial to an HTDA mix.

Are we certain that WTO and Ice Age are flipped in each version btw or is it possible that's just a typo?

sheepdean
02-13-2013, 11:20 AM
That's grabbed from the official press release, so if it's a typo, the onus isn't on ninwiki.

jessamineny
02-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Just tack them on at the end as "bonus tracks," along with "Province of Fear" and "Unintended Consequences" if you want.

carpenoctem
02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm gonna try a half dozen times listening to each grouping and decide which one I like best. It may be that the vinyl version is too long for my taste; maybe I'll lump Province of Fear and Unintended Consequences in with the extra tracks on An Omen for a little palate cleanser EP. Plus I'll be listening to the CD a lot in the car (didn't Trent say something about how good it sounds in the car on Twitter?) so I might just get stuck on that version. I am both thrilled and slightly irritated that there are different sequences to listen to it because I don't know the best one, and I really want to listen to it the best way.

butter_hole
02-13-2013, 08:34 PM
WTO and Ice Age would be swapped because of the length of Ice Age, I'd say. Happens sometimes, notably on Panda Bear's Person Pitch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_Pitch#Vinyl

eversonpoe
02-13-2013, 11:58 PM
WTO

what is WTO? is it a play on "on the wing" or am i some kind of idiot?

my voice just
02-14-2013, 12:06 AM
it`s some kind of conspiracy idiot acronym (CIA) for Welcome Oblivion, i presume

also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTO_(disambiguation)

eversonpoe
02-14-2013, 08:17 AM
it`s some kind of conspiracy idiot acronym (CIA) for Welcome Oblivion, i presume

also

hahaha...

no, but really, the album (and title track) are "Welcome Oblivion," not "welcome TO oblivion" so why are people abbreviating it as such?

Henrie_Schnee
02-14-2013, 09:17 AM
The other day, I tried to burn something like a "Crash Course in NIN" for a friend of mine whose soul I plan to win for team Trent... so anyway, at this occasion it occurred to me for the very first time HOW FUCKING HARD IT IS to make a good order/sequence with NIN-songs, especially if you try to balance the hard/pounding songs with the quiet/melancholy stuff; having to deal with all those seques at the beginning and end... so yeah, I can kind of see why making the final tracklist for a new NIN/HTDA-release can be a tough decision.

Back on topic: I'll do it as I did with The Fragile, having the "CD" rip as my everyday fix and savoring the vinyl version for those very special moments...

Ryan
02-14-2013, 06:21 PM
savoring the vinyl version for those very special moments...

Goodness me...

staleincense
02-15-2013, 05:10 AM

also
My god, HTDA is spreading propaganda for the World Toilet Organization! What shall we do!?

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Christ. I can't get over what an awesome deal that vinyl is. Alternate(ish) tracklisting with bonus songs, a CD copy of that same version, and a digital copy that I can rip from the CD. I'd be silly NOT to get in on that.

sheepdean
02-15-2013, 11:22 AM
Christ. I can't get over what an awesome deal that vinyl is. Alternate(ish) tracklisting with bonus songs, a CD copy of that same version, and a digital copy that I can rip from the CD. I'd be silly NOT to get in on that.
Whilst I agree, that totally read like an infomercial

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Whilst I agree, that totally read like an infomercial

Only 4 easy payments of $49.95!

plusminus
02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Didn't they say the site to buy directly from them would be up mid-February? Should be up soon if it is still on schedule.

sheepdean
02-16-2013, 03:24 AM
I'd assume preorders and tour dates will come at once

Henrie_Schnee
02-16-2013, 05:24 AM
In the freelance IT-world (i.e. what Rob is doing), 'mid-february' is industry talk for "whenever my bag of haze runs out."

wizfan
02-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Two weeks left! Can't wait!

sheepdean
02-17-2013, 07:04 PM
http://vine.co/v/br3dezrK7l5

The Reason Being
02-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Beatz!!!!!

Shnoorum
02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
http://vine.co/v/br3dezrK7l5

Well this is weird. I'm hoping maybe Welcome Oblivion is possibly the next single? I'm assuming this is probably just promoting the actual album but I'm an optimistic fool

Santos L Halper
02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
another new vine video: http://vine.co/v/brLTtAw1FOv

jessamineny
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
I guess it was inevitable. Vine: It's for Cockteasing.™

gorast
02-17-2013, 09:35 PM
So does this mean they're going to put up their pre-order sometime within the next fucking year?

sheepdean
02-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Is there a way to browse a user's full vine profile without buying an iProduct?

spahn
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
Another vine video. *sigh*

blassster
02-18-2013, 03:41 PM
http://vine.co/v/b6mW3bdTZ9h

wizfan
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
That sounds like Atticus is slapping dat bass.

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Seriously, I get that the band loves new tech, but using a service that only people with apple products can use properly is kinda annoying.

Not to mention, what the fuck is the point of vine

nodylnai
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
"It's out there if you look closely"

Ghostofme
02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
wakey wakey... ian c rogers Tweet. http://fistfulayen.com/ian/Hackday2013/htda.mp3

screwdriver
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
wakey wakey... ian c rodgers Tweet. http://fistfulayen.com/ian/Hackday2013/htda.mp3

holy shit this is amazing

Ghostofme
02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
check his tweet.. rogers.. call the #.

RJK
02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
What was the name of the track when you call? I missed it.

jessamineny
02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
too slowwwwwwww

jrdsctt
02-18-2013, 05:07 PM
I just got a text message from Trent...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDbADvuCEAEuQSA.jpg:large

jrdsctt
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
I believe the song is And the sky began to scream

jrdsctt
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Also, this is probably the best new HTDA song I have heard yet. Wow.

Shnoorum
02-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Holy shit awesome cool. I saw that tweet reposted on their page ages ago and had no idea what it was about. Didn't think much of it. I'm a happy puppy now

thefragile_jake
02-18-2013, 05:15 PM
wakey wakey... ian c rogers Tweet. http://fistfulayen.com/ian/Hackday2013/htda.mp3

I think Trent's vocals at the end were the only thing I really enjoyed about this song. Meh. Oh well.

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Vine: Apple only
Weird text thing: US only

Why do people, be it labels or whatever, seem to think their fanbase are basically exactly the same as them

jhulud
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I believe the song is And the sky began to scream

Yup. That's how it's showing when I moved the downloaded track to my iTunes.

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
It's labelled as side A too, so this is the vinyl mix, if there's a difference between the CD and Vinyl mixes

somewhat_
02-18-2013, 05:46 PM
If you press 2 (and 2 again, then press the # sign) and leave Trent a message he then introduces himself and the track as "And the Sky Began to Scream" and then it plays over the phone (of course it sounds much better if you just download the track from the text you receive).

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
So what is this service called? I want to write it up on ninwiki but I have no idea how to describe it.

howdidislipinto
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Wow. Best HTDA track so far, in my opinion. Love the build up, and of all the songs since An Omen that seem to be going for that spooky, unsettling vibe, this one achieved it best. Love it.

jhulud
02-18-2013, 06:00 PM
So what is this service called? I want to write it up on ninwiki but I have no idea how to describe it.

This article will help a bit.

http://www.twilio.com/blog/2013/02/music-hack-day-app-lets-you-unlock-new-tracks-from-beastie-boys-and-trent-reznor.html

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Cheers - got some lyrics up on ninwiki, can't figure out Mariqueen's whispered lyrics though http://www.ninwiki.com/And_The_Sky_Began_To_Scream

Henrie_Schnee
02-18-2013, 06:14 PM
http://vine.co/v/b6mW3bdTZ9h

The Vessels are coming!

Fragilicity
02-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Holy fuckberry pie, got them goosebumps on this one. I'm in, bring on the album.

Camille
02-18-2013, 06:24 PM
Cool track, sounds good.

JamesCmuse
02-18-2013, 06:36 PM
I want to fucking listen. I hate this bullshit. Because I'm not an apple user and live outside the US, I don't get to listen. Fuck that.

ItsJustDave
02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
I want to fucking listen. I hate this bullshit. Because I'm not an apple user and live outside the US, I don't get to listen. Fuck that.

I'm confused. Do you mean to say that the mp3 linked in this thread does not work for you?

JamesCmuse
02-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I didn't even see it. I must have missed it when reading the thread. Apologies for the display of aggression, and cheers for making me look again! That's embarrassing :(

seasonsinthesky
02-18-2013, 07:13 PM
really into this one right away, the structure is very cool and it's as effective as the creepy pieces on the self-titled EP. An Omen has been growing on me too.

Conrad Lienert
02-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Just to clarify, are the Vine clips only a couple of seconds long? Or are they meant to be playing the whole song?

Shnoorum
02-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Dear fucking lord this is badass. Think it may have taken my number 1 spot. Her singing plus the general rythm is incredible. I love Trents sort of chanting at the end aswell. The name of the track got me dying to hear it, I'm glad I wasn't let down

plusminus
02-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Just to clarify, are the Vine clips only a couple of seconds long? Or are they meant to be playing the whole song?

Only a couple seconds. It is a video equivalent of a .gif picture, short and sweet.

jessamineny
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM

Six seconds is the maximum. It's owned by Twitter.

fortheloveofgod
02-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Love it. Year zero all over again. Was getting worry there thought we would have to link all the vine clips together to make a song.

Shnoorum
02-18-2013, 07:27 PM

We're all going on about this http://fistfulayen.com/ian/Hackday2013/htda.mp3

Just incase you missed it

Collin
02-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Reminds me of a more adventurous version of Keep It Together, structure-wise. I love the eerie little synth line at the 1:25 mark. Seems like the kind of song that will fit better in the context of the album, not as much as a standalone single (also like KIT, IMO). Not my favorite of the HTDA songs released thus far, but definitely has a cool atmosphere and Trent's part at the end is pretty badass.

Conrad Lienert
02-18-2013, 07:55 PM
We're all going on about this http://fistfulayen.com/ian/Hackday2013/htda.mp3

Just incase you missed it

Haha, thanks. I've only listened to it about 6 times so far. Cheers all, for clarifying.

ZeroisGreg
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
very interesting....especially so close to the meteorite that hit Russia and made a 'scream' which broke many windows and injured some.

gorast
02-18-2013, 08:15 PM
That's a pretty cool way to distribute a track. Sucks that it's US only, but it'd probably take way more than a day to set something like that up.

The beat of the track is my favorite so far. Not crazy about the vocals. Good song overall.

Ghostofme
02-18-2013, 08:16 PM
I just got a text message from Trent...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDbADvuCEAEuQSA.jpg:large

Man, I totally forgot to FaceTime with Trent when he sent me that.. #worstfriendever

Shnoorum
02-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Mariqueens whispered lyrics just before Trent starts singing I think she may be saying "All this time. All alone". Could be wrong. Very hard to make out

Merriweather
02-18-2013, 10:32 PM
The iTunes preorder looks to have the tracks from the self-titled EP tacked onto the end of the album for some reason.

sheepdean
02-18-2013, 10:34 PM
"iTunes exclusive!!!111one!"

carpenoctem
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
This is insane. Anyone getting Aphex Twin vibes? Only a lot more coherent and sexy.

Collin
02-18-2013, 11:19 PM
HTDA's twitter just posted this, "@destroyangels Tomorrow..."

live dates?

my voice just
02-18-2013, 11:20 PM
https://vine.co/v/b6KAiKgxJVX
https://vine.co/v/b6qHujdUL6U
and a new video

or all this vineshit is just a snippets of live videos, that will accompany the shows

gorast
02-18-2013, 11:23 PM
Goddamn Vine is irritating as shit on a desktop. Fucking videos play for half a second.

I really hope they put up those pre-orders tomorrow. Along with live dates, I guess.

Conrad Lienert
02-18-2013, 11:35 PM
So, how many listens of "And the sky began to scream" are we up to, everyone???

I think I'm nearing 20!

Highly Psychological
02-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Yeah i like this one too, some trippy hazy sex vibes going on. With the exception of Mariqueens vocals this to my ears sounds the closest yet they have come to sounding like (late period) Coil. Very nice.

Deadpool
02-18-2013, 11:54 PM
Mmmm bring on the pre-order options and live dates! 'Bout time!

'And the sky...' is pretty damn awesome. I like Mariqueen's melody a lot, and Trent's bit at the end is most definitely badass - his lyrics remind of the extended lyrics from The Collector ("I am building/Something terrible/With all of this"), which is a great thing in my book.

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 12:04 AM
ATSBTS sounds like ants bats

BenAkenobi
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
was just thinking almost the same thing. Ats Bts... Goin Nuts with Trents projects Abbrs

also, fun to see LAME encoder parameters in file tags of this and How Long. especially contradicting "-v" and "-b 320" switches. wish they also used "-k" switch for the best quality

[/nerd]

Fragilicity
02-19-2013, 12:47 AM
Love it. Year zero all over again.

I get the same vibe, I've been waiting for this "sound" for a long, long time.

BRoswell
02-19-2013, 01:25 AM
That ending...wow. Loved it. The album can't come out soon enough.

Also, I don't know why, but I was reminded of the Fight Club soundtrack listening to this. I think it was the strange woodwind sound.

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 01:49 AM
If anyone can't DL it for some reason, http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/post/43456418110/sheepdean-and-the-sky-began-to-scream-how-to

uroboros
02-19-2013, 02:41 AM
"The Sky begins to Scream" has turned my copious saliva into a rabid froth. I...need...this. Between the harrowing beauty of Nick Cave's "Push the Sky Away" & the catastrophic darkness of How to Destroy Angel's "Welcome Oblivion" I may just become undone completely. Look for me in the deepest & dankest ward in a few weeks.

Asides:

Staggering that we have 40 minutes of music from these sessions so far.
& "Is this truly YZ's spiritual successor?" he wondered aloud.

wizfan
02-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Friggin' love it!

fortheloveofgod
02-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Spotify is listing the first EP as bonus tracks as well.

BenAkenobi
02-19-2013, 08:37 AM
now that is error of their ways, first EP is awesome and deserves bonus tracks itself

laci
02-19-2013, 09:06 AM
Uhm, here's the stream of the full album: http://pitchfork.com/advance/33-welcome-oblivion/

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 09:07 AM
DAMMIT ^^^ u beat me!
The stream also includes album artwork and notes. Allesandro Cortini is on the album...

EDIT: Oh my fucking god, its amazing!

spahn
02-19-2013, 09:14 AM
a live show of this album would be so fucking awesome.

Demogorgon
02-19-2013, 09:19 AM
anyone ripping this? i tried a couple of things and they don't seem to work.

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 09:20 AM
anyone ripping this? i tried a couple of things and they don't seem to work.

Trying the same thing...

Why does album have to be so damn good???

NIN64
02-19-2013, 09:22 AM
A rip will have to do until the 5th when I buy the CD w/digital download. I wish it wasn't just streaming. I'm about to get onto a 4 hour plane ride, and I would love to have this on my iPod. . .

dominik
02-19-2013, 09:24 AM
the fucking album is streaming on pitchfork

edit: whoops sorry i didn't see you already posted it

jhulud
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Pre-orders from the band are up on their site now. With a few shirts too.

I have to wait to get home to order as for some reason, the store is blocked on my work laptop. Great.

thetourist
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Oh, how I hate bands who stream their albums prior to release.

Callahan
02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
What? no super deluxe limited, signed, gold plated edition??

Seriously though, I was actually kind of expected some sort of limited edition version, we've been getting a few of those over the past few years.

NIN64
02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Too Late, All Gone my favorite track so far. Damn. . .

dlb
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm quite shocked about how I'm enjoying this so far after feeling somewhat disapointed by an omen. 4 tracks in and I hope the excitement is here to stay! And I love Trent's post! :D

spahn
02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
in for cd+vinyl. 46.99 after shipping and taxes and all that jazz.

dzaver
02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
whats the difference between standard mail (7.99$) and standard (22$)... the shipping cost is really a difference

echoespaul
02-19-2013, 09:39 AM
"And the sky began to scream" & "Too late, all gone" are two of the best tracks for me. Just the right mix of Trent and Mariqueen.

DVYDRNS
02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
okay. so This is nice and drony... I actually am digging what i'm hearing here.

good job guys.

shagg_187
02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Uhm, here's the stream of the full album: http://pitchfork.com/advance/33-welcome-oblivion/

"How to destroyer angels_, the project of Trent Reznor, Mariqueen Maandig, Rob Sheridan, and Atticus Ross, are releasing their debut album, Welcome oblivion, on March 5 via Columbia."

lol.

Wolfkiller
02-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Pre-order in, listening now. Can't wait!

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
The title track has given me a huge erection

Fred
02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Oh, how I hate bands who stream their albums prior to release.

Oh, how I hate people who can't think "I'll just shut the fuck up and not listen to this." It's like you people are just actively looking for something that'll justify your "i h8 htda cuz hes not on drux n e moar"-bullshit. We get it. Go listen to "Starfuckers, Inc." or something.

I like what I'm hearing so far. I liked "An Omen", but the more energetic songs are great as well.

kbo
02-19-2013, 09:49 AM
If you order the vinyl package, do you receive the bonus tracks IN the digital download, or are they JUST on the white label cd and vinyl. Does anyone know the bitrate of them?

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Any luck on a rip?

NIN64
02-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Any luck on a rip?

Have not found one yet. Constantly hitting F5 on all the usual sources. . .

Sutekh
02-19-2013, 09:52 AM
Ah what, the tracks from the EP are all on this LP?

I wasn't paying attention

Demogorgon
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
If you order the vinyl package, do you receive the bonus tracks IN the digital download, or are they JUST on the white label cd and vinyl. Does anyone know the bitrate of them? well, if they're on cd it should be an easy option to just rip them as FLAC and convert them to whatever bit rate afterwards.

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Ah what, the tracks from the EP are all on this LP?

I wasn't paying attention

All but The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters & Speaking in Tounges

And just a thought...imo David Fincher is the best thing to happen to TR

NIN64
02-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Hallowed Ground is pretty damn good too. . .

dzaver
02-19-2013, 09:55 AM
I love it!

baudolino
02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
The order system seem pretty corrupted! I see addresses from previous customers as my own?!

witte
02-19-2013, 10:04 AM
almost 1200 people on line on ETS.

"i don't like HTDA"
FYA :)

The order system seem pretty corrupted! I see addresses from previous customers as my own?!
No problem if it's sent to me.
If you pay.... ;)

spahn
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM

i noticed that too and i shot @htda, trent and rob a tweet advising them of such. hopefully they fix soon.

UPDATE: as per Rob's reply to my tweet: Yeah, someone else pointed that out. Not cool, I've alerted them to fix it asap.

Leviathant
02-19-2013, 10:07 AM
@nine_inch_nerd (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=82) That's the idiot web developer behind Thom Yorke's AMOK player scraping our site. If I had more time, I'd throw up some server rules to display dongs on the AMOK background anytime it tries to scrape ETS, but I'm listening through Welcome Oblivion now, and I gotta say, I'm up to "Too Late, All Gone" and I'm getting that "Why do I even bother trying to make music" feeling again. This album's much better than the previous work they've put out. I've always been a bit reluctant with HTDA, it never really kept my attention, but this has sold me. I think I'm even going to pre-order.

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 10:10 AM
I've put all the album credits onto ninwiki but I have to go out ... half an hour ago, so anyone who was hoping for transcribed lyrics is gonna have to wait a couple hours I'm afraid :P

R-Dot-Yung
02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Im 3 tracks in and Im pretty fucking happy

jessamineny
02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
If you order the vinyl package, do you receive the bonus tracks IN the digital download, or are they JUST on the white label cd and vinyl. Does anyone know the bitrate of them?

Last we heard from Rob, the bonus tracks are not included in the digital downloads... even the download that's bundled with the vinyl.

According to the preorder site, the downloads are 320 kbps MP3, FLAC 24/96 HD, PDF booklet.

Satyr
02-19-2013, 10:14 AM
You appear to be able to stream the album in its entirety. Link is on HTDA homepage.

Reznor2112
For anyone wondering about the vinyl:
http://s12.postimage.org/kkv92sby5/tweet.png

thetourist
haha, you're funny!

Oh, how I hate people who can't think "I'll just shut the fuck up and not listen to this." It's like you people are just actively looking for something that'll justify your "i h8 htda cuz hes not on drux n e moar"-bullshit. We get it. Go listen to "Starfuckers, Inc." or something.

I like what I'm hearing so far. I liked "An Omen", but the more energetic songs are great as well.

Scarlet Siren
02-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Can't wait to listen to this, unfortunately I'm at work and have plans when I finish up so won't get home until quite late. FML!

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Strings and Attractors sounds exactly like I expected it to. I'm onto Ally's track in 1 minute wooooooooo
#liveblogging

gdmt
02-19-2013, 11:57 AM
any rip so far? guys? ;_;

Mataxia
02-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Has anyone found a way to rip it? I've been trying but none of my usual methods are working. I just want to be able to listen to it in the car.

slave2thewage
02-19-2013, 11:59 AM
"Too late, all gone" is fucking brilliant.

gdmt
02-19-2013, 12:02 PM
PM me for a link to teh rip.

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
PM me for a link to teh rip.

How the hell do you download it from this site?

Fragilicity
02-19-2013, 12:18 PM
That was one hell of a Russian adventure, thank god for Google Chrome...

cabezas
02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
i just reserved the vinyl, i have the 312th! (and the two bonus tracks)

cabezas
02-19-2013, 12:26 PM
c'mon, post some mirrors!

kbo
02-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok...so the white cd has the bonus tracks though?? Or just the actual vinyl record?

witte
02-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Mr Cortini was involved in 'we fade away', that's why he was in Trent's studio during the Sitek remix...
Nothing to do with NIN.

BrewHa
02-19-2013, 12:35 PM
How the hell do you download it from this site?

http://www.2buzzy.com/how-to-download-from-ifolder-ru/
(http://www.2buzzy.com/how-to-download-from-ifolder-ru/)
Halfway through, loving it so far!

DigitalChaos
02-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Really wish they would allow you to play this via mobile device. That's the only reason I am trying to rip it. Ripping has been a very limited success. I have a few tracks. Going to just record line audio pretty damn soon (source is 128kbs quality).

Collin
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I love this LP so far, after only 2 listens.

Highlights include:

Strings and Attractors- sooo sexy. I hope this is the next single
Too Late, All Gone- another badass poppy track, reminds of much more refined and clearer version of BBB. It showcases HTDA at their best.
Welcome Oblivion- great vibe, love the way the chorus hits
We Fade Away- love the way this one builds and settles
Also, The Wake Up is one of the better intro tracks Trent has ever done, and Hallowed Ground is a really beautiful closer
Only track that I don't necessarily like is Recursive Self-Improvment.

and I still love Ice Age, How Long? and On The Wing, too.
kinda weird that of all these great tracks, Keep It Together was chosen as the lead single...

gdmt
02-19-2013, 12:42 PM
sorry for no-mirrorish thing, i've got one of a hell slow connection here, here are 4 steps that will lead you to final captcha: 1. http://i.imgur.com/0P72ACn.png 2. http://i.imgur.com/Hu3UBnZ.png 3. http://i.imgur.com/hepd4Pu.png 4. http://i.imgur.com/iUa6iHN.png

DigitalChaos
02-19-2013, 12:46 PM
you guys are going to get a rare form of Russian computer AIDS with that shit

DVYDRNS
02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
working on it...

BrewHa
02-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Strings and attractors......WOW

blackholesun
02-19-2013, 12:53 PM
I use that Russian site all the time. It's fine, just slow.

Jinsai
02-19-2013, 01:04 PM
well, I guess I'll throw in my two cents and agree that the album is pretty awesome

gorast
02-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Holy shit. This album is awesome. Hit me way harder than An omen did.

I love how long all the tracks are, too. Too Late, All Gone might be my favorite of the new tracks so far, though the title track is close behind. Maybe now people will stop saying Q can't sing beyond a whisper.

Fragilicity
02-19-2013, 01:07 PM
yeah, I'm honestly blown away, I didn't have any real expectations so I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The Loop Closes is still one of my favorites.

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Ok...so the white cd has the bonus tracks though?? Or just the actual vinyl record?

White label CD comes in a slip case with the entire vinyl album including bonus tracks according to Rob

Q-NeilL
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM
i'm sorry - another russian's site: PM me for the link :D

gorast
02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Reminds me, I preordered the CD, vinyl, and a t-shirt earlier. I'm a little disappointed in the t-shirt selection, but I snagged one anyway.

68 dollars. Hurts so good.

Magtig
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
This band is really starting to find its voice on this record, but they're entering a very harsh world, and it's one that already has Trent Reznor's previous work ingrained into its perspective. It's a fragile position to be in because it feels like he is finally moving forward again with this album. HDA takes abstract and minimal electronic music towards pop in the same way that Pretty Hate Machine took industrial towards pop. Purists of all stripes will likely hate it for the same reasons that many others will be drawn in. A pop version of Autechre (amongst others) with a female singer? Sign me up. I hope they weather the storm.

Alpha 60
02-19-2013, 01:16 PM
I’m wondering if the white label cd will be 75 or 80 mins long because I think this ablum clocks a lil over 70 minutes. So the two other tracks are either pretty short or the white label is longer than 75 minutes.

richardp
02-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I have Amazon Prime so I went ahead and just ordered the vinyl from them to avoid the shipping costs. Really hoping the white label cd still comes with it.

But in terms of the album quality, not to go into great detail with saying the same stuff everyone else has said already, I'll just say it's well worth the 3 year wait for THIS album, and the 5 year wait for a non-soundtrack album.

Collin
02-19-2013, 01:21 PM
I’m wondering if the white label cd will be 75 or 80 mins long because I think this ablum clocks a lil over 70 minutes. So the two other tracks are either pretty short or the white label is longer than 75 minutes.

I thought of this too, but after putting the album into Itunes it ends up coming out to 67 Min. and If I remember correctly CD's can fit roughly 80, so theres about 12-13 min of wiggle room for those two tracks.

gorny540
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Am I the only one still annoyed they haven't released the tour dates yet, need to know if I'm going to see this band in the foreseeable future or not. And I haven't listened to the album yet, waiting til later tonight when I have a free hour or so, but I'm sure its great

BenAkenobi
02-19-2013, 01:23 PM
it was suggested (and i began to hope) it would work better in album, but The_ Loop_ Closes_ still sticks out like a sore thumb_™ :(
other than that, an amzaing record. almost as good as Conditions of my parole by Puscifer
now even stronger hoping for a local CD release because importing sucks big time lately

--edit--
oh levels of xenophobia here today
--end of edit--

Henrie_Schnee
02-19-2013, 01:26 PM
I won't even bother listening to the stream, so I went straight ahead and downloaded a rip (on a non-russian site, though). Only problem is, all the songs kinda skip at the beginning. Fixed it by setting the starting time to 0:04, but that's no long term-solution until the release of this awesome fucker...

Which is a long way of saying: Please pm me, too, if you'd be so kind.

frankie teardrop
02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
can't even get the album to stream via pitchfork on firefox... so if there's something to listen to in a private message, i would be most grateful!

gorast
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
The copy I have has that dumb skipping at the beginning, too. I substituted in the legit copies of And the sky... and How long? to avoid it, and did what you did for the others. I can't wait for the high-quality downloads to drop into my inbox on March 5.

AgentofChaos
02-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Wasn't incredibly anticipating this release but I did preorder the vinyl this morning. Now coming in to this thread, my excitement levels have increased ten fold. I can't listen to the stream at work, but I did finally hear And the Sky Began to Scream and god damn that was tasty.

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 01:37 PM
As much as I've always wanted to learn, I don't speak Russian. So ... little help?

fortheloveofgod
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Highlights include everything that wasn't on the EP. Though I like the flow now and hearing the whole picture of all the songs intertwined.

Reznor2112
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
The Russian rip I have has the beginning skips as well. If anyone could please PM a link to a rip that doesnt have skips I'd love you forever.

andreiuc88
02-19-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes, I would also love a rip that doesn't skip at the beginning :D

Henrie_Schnee
02-19-2013, 01:58 PM
Errrrrrrrrr... did you guys see that the Pitchfork-Stream is full of hidden .mp4s?

Edit:
On closer inspetion, they seem to be snippets from Ice Age & The Loop Closes-videos. Superficial inspection revelead no ARG-clous, though....

jessamineny
02-19-2013, 02:01 PM
No. Enlighten us.

konkelo
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Errrrrrrrrr... did you guys see that the Pitchfork-Stream is full of hidden .mp4s?

Tell me more :)

Hi all btw. After one listen I really enjoyed the album! Already spent rest of my money for the vinyl preorder. I'd rather eat the vinyl than food :)

Henrie_Schnee
02-19-2013, 02:05 PM
No. Enlighten us.

I use the Flashgot extension in Firefox, it's my weapon of choice for ripping. On this site however, I only see these videos (in .ogv and .mp4). Strange. Maybe they're supposed to play where these big white holes are left in the artwork?

scorpiusdiamond
02-19-2013, 02:08 PM
The liner notes that describe it as being recorded by Blumpy who did the live sound mixes... does that suggest that some of it may have been done live?
Oh yeah, god damn this is rad. I was really ill today and this cheered me up a hundred fold.

JessicaSarahS
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
This is a pretty sexy release! :D And the sky began to scream, We fade away, and Welcome Oblivion are immediate favorites and I still love How long.

Furie_Zacharias
02-19-2013, 02:24 PM
This. Is. Epic.

Some real eargasm material!

DigitalChaos
02-19-2013, 02:25 PM

Edit:
On closer inspetion, they seem to be snippets from Ice Age & The Loop Closes-videos. Superficial inspection revelead no ARG-clous, though....
By hidden do you mean displaying in full screen on your browser in a rotation as the music plays?

littlemonkey613
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Fucking brilliant. Also this was made in the perfect time. Everyone getting big in the electronic/rock world refuses to go for a darker aesthetic. Well! Trent is happy to fill that spot! And better than anyone else could fucking even hope to.

sukey
02-19-2013, 02:27 PM
This album is fucking good. I had low expectations - I downloaded all the EPs but I've hardly listened to them - but this is an entirely different beast. A much better one. Just frustrated I can't download it from them right now to have it to carry around.

DigitalChaos
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
the 4sec skip (actually just a restart) are because of the crazy RTMP streaming they are doing. I couldn't find a good way to rip the RTMP stream but somehow the russians did. However they weren't perfect! :)
Almost certain you can just chop off the first ~4sec of the songs.

Max Leo
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
I would love a pm with the "no-skips" album if it's possible, I've not listened to this yet because I don't want to do it streaming it on my laptop (poor sound on it) and so far I've only found a rip in a russian site ("m****boom") and I guess that it has those skips in the songs that you were talking about.

sheepdean
02-19-2013, 02:29 PM
The thing is only streaming at 192kbps, listening on your laptop won't make much difference

dlb
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Wow, I didn't think that I'd say that, but they won me over with this one. This is a superb album and I really can not wait to hold a physical copy in my hands in 2 weeks time. The title track, strings and attractors and the sky began to scream are my favorites as I ran through the record a couple more times. I'm curious how the vinyl tracks will sound.

Still, ice age and how long do absolutely nothing for me. I'm glad that the album is pretty much different than these tracks.

Damn you Trent, you did it once again! :D

DigitalChaos
02-19-2013, 02:31 PM
We Fade Away at ~4:20 reminds me of The New Flesh at 0:45

Trains
02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
This is a really, really cool album. Especially with the visuals to complement the songs. Funky, glitchy, subtle, catchy and (in places) heavy as fuck. Awesome.

arsenic
02-19-2013, 02:46 PM
I love this album. I preordered the vinyl just after the first listen.
If anyone could drop me a PM with a link to the skip-free rips that would be very appreciated!

Congrats to everybody involved in this project! The visuals are amazing too

GoodSoldier333
02-19-2013, 02:48 PM
I'll have to agree with what one of the users before me said. Love this thing to death except for Ice Age and How Long...the two songs they chose to shine more attention to with the vids.

sukey
02-19-2013, 02:49 PM
The Pitchfork player keeps stopping in the middle of songs so I have to restart. Bloody annoying, so if someone could PM me a link to the rip I would love you forever!

Max Leo
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
The thing is only streaming at 192kbps, listening on your laptop won't make much difference

Yeah, I guess the mp3s are not the best quality, I'm not an audiophile obsessed about this kind of stuff, but the main problem with my laptop is the volume, which is too low, it's not connected to any kind of good speakers and its own speakers just suck, so I would rather have a decent rip for my usb stick that I can just connect to my tv and from there I'll have a much better listening even if the mp3s are not the best possible quality. ;)

Sooo, I would appreciate any kind of mp3 rip please, I promise I'll buy the CD when it's out. XD

konstantin
02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
looks like somebody ripped the 192Kbps stream already

Max Leo
02-19-2013, 02:52 PM
looks like somebody ripped the 192Kbps stream already
Who? XD Don't be shy, tell me with a pm if you are kind enough, please. XD

jac740
02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes, i really need that pm with the download link. The pitchfork player is really terrible!