PDA

View Full Version : The little things that piss you off

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

blackholesun
01-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Is it wrong to feel depressed after New Years? Got invited to stuff. Felt included for once. But felt alone for the most part. Good night.

Leviathant
01-01-2013, 02:55 PM
2013 brings forth a new thread! (It's a database index optimization thing, really. Deal with it.)

I took both cars in for inspection on the 31st. One of them needed all new tires, and an outer tie rod end, but I expected as much. The other car needs all new brakes. I kind of figured that would happen too, but what really peeves me off is that for both cars, they dinged me for wiper blades. I know the blades on the first car are probably pretty old, but I changed the blades out on the other car five months ago, and they work perfectly fine.

So I'm going to have them leave me with the old blades, and when I get the car back, the new blades are going in a box in my shed. I'll continue to change my blades regularly, but when it's time for state inspection, I'll put brand new fucking blades on, because this happens to me over and over again, and I'm only just now getting around to planning a way to get around this crap.

blassster
01-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Ordered a Nexus 4 on Dec 3rd, when wave 2 of Canadian orders took place. Shipped on the 13th, then on the ~19th it arrived at New Brunswick (a province next to mine - I'm in NS) and was about a 2.5 hour drive away. On the 21st the status stated that it departed Newfoundland(!), which is an island quite a bit up northeast from here, and relatively far compared to where it was in New Brunswick.

There haven't been any status updates since, and UPS hasn't been helpful when I reached out to them. It was supposed to originally arrive here on the 19th and I am confused.

DVYDRNS
01-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Some toolbag just told my my remixes sound like something he could do in garage band.

Hah

Fixer808
01-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Ordered a Nexus 4 on Dec 3rd
My Nexus 6 arrived last week but Harrison Ford had shot it... :(

Stereo75
01-02-2013, 03:02 AM
So I've had to deal with minute outbreaks of psoriasis over the last 10 years. A few itchy red dots here & there, once in a while. The last week of December brings me a minor throat infection. After the last day of irritation, I woke up new year's eve morning to find my arms & tops of my hands completely covered in itchy red blotches of joy! Hooray! It's new years eve & my doctor's office is closed. All of the walk-in clinics in my area are closed. I guarantee that none of them are going to be open on new year's day & there is no way I'm spending my NYE waiting 8 hours in the emergency room at the nearest hospital. This shit is so gross. I would never wish this upon anyone. You've heard of someone having a 'pizza face'? I have 'pizza hands'. I read yesterday that it can be triggered by a throat infection. I'm getting up first thing in the morning to see my doc. It was just so bizarre - no signs since last summer - then POW! Happy new year to me.:mad:

frankie teardrop
01-02-2013, 10:23 AM
So I've had to deal with minute outbreaks of psoriasis over the last 10 years. A few itchy red dots here & there, once in a while. The last week of December brings me a minor throat infection. After the last day of irritation, I woke up new year's eve morning to find my arms & tops of my hands completely covered in itchy red blotches of joy! Hooray! It's new years eve & my doctor's office is closed. All of the walk-in clinics in my area are closed. I guarantee that none of them are going to be open on new year's day & there is no way I'm spending my NYE waiting 8 hours in the emergency room at the nearest hospital. This shit is so gross. I would never wish this upon anyone. You've heard of someone having a 'pizza face'? I have 'pizza hands'. I read yesterday that it can be triggered by a throat infection. I'm getting up first thing in the morning to see my doc. It was just so bizarre - no signs since last summer - then POW! Happy new year to me.:mad:

ugh, i hear you. i have mild eczema that generally isn't visible, but occasionally breaks out right under my eye. i've found a small dab of hydrocortizone cream generally sorts it out within a few hours, so i just keep some on hand now. not sure if that'll help for psoriasis, but i feel your pain!

miss k bee
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Damn was supposed to go back to work last night. Work decided to text me this morning after the shift to ask where I was!. Obviously their version of January 2nd starts on 11pm January 1st while mine starts on January 2nd!!! Great start to the year!

Elke
01-02-2013, 01:33 PM
My dad getting angry with me for not wanting digital tv, simply because he thinks I should have it, and I should be modern, and it would cost me less than regular old cable. Nevermind that to install the digibox I'd have to buy a new cupboard, I hate everything digital tv costs and it's my decision. I did not grow to be 32 years old, to have my dad tell me off like a fucking school girl.
Ugh.

Dra508
01-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I hurt my lower back close to a month ago and am finally caving and going to a chiropractor.

marodi
01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
My dad getting angry with me for not wanting digital tv, simply because he thinks I should have it, and I should be modern, and it would cost me less than regular old cable. Nevermind that to install the digibox I'd have to buy a new cupboard, I hate everything digital tv costs and it's my decision. I did not grow to be 32 years old, to have my dad tell me off like a fucking school girl.
Ugh.

Have you tried telling him that since it's so important TO HIM that you have digital TV that he should be the one to buy you the new cupboard you would need to get it and that he should pay for the whole digital TV service? I've often found that the "I'm perfectly fine with what I have right now but if you want to give things to me as a gift, it's all right by me" attitude to shut people up quite effectively. No offense to your father though.

As for what is pissing me off: people who are making way to much food for the holidays (year after year after year) and who are pushing the leftovers to others since apparently, they don't "like" leftovers.

I'm looking at you, mother.

sentient02970
01-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I hurt my lower back close to a month ago and am finally caving and going to a chiropractor.
Sometimes that stuff doesnt just go away. Good luck with the chiro.

allegro
01-03-2013, 05:47 PM
Have you seen a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the spine, yet?

Dra508
01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Sometimes that stuff doesnt just go away. Good luck with the chiro.Yup

Have you seen a good orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the spine, yet?Nope

I'm pretty sure it's just a bulging disc. And yeah, it just doesn't go away. Hopefully, I can get back to normal cause not being able to bear weight really gets in the way of real life.

aggroculture
01-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I've had back problems for years, and a chiropractor I saw for a year or so recently changed my life. Nothing else had worked, but chiro did it.
I hope your back improves.

Pillfred
01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I've had back problems for years, and a chiropractor I saw for a year or so recently changed my life. Nothing else had worked, but chiro did it.
I hope your back improves.

Same for me pretty much, i had a leg that was an inch and half shorter till i got it fixed when i was 22, my hips and everything else have been out of whack my whole life. I started going a couple years back and it has helped a bunch. IT even helped with a pinched nerve i got from being hit my a big truck. Im still not sold on chiro's as a whole but i know the guy i see has helped me a bunch.

allegro
01-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Yup

Nope

I'm pretty sure it's just a bulging disc. And yeah, it just doesn't go away. Hopefully, I can get back to normal cause not being able to bear weight really gets in the way of real life.

I dunno, if I were you I'd go for the ortho surgeon for a diagnosis, first. Then you can go for suggested treatments. Seems you definitely have an injury. If it's inflammation, that will be treated differently than if it's a disc problem. A friend at work got plantar fasciitis from running and it took more than THREE MONTHS for it to go away, and that was with PT and drugs. But if she hadn't gotten a diagnosis, first, who knows where it would have gone.

Dra508
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
@allegro (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=76)

I do agree. I should have probably gone to an ortho first, but in talking to the chiro yesterday, a practice I'm not sold on either, so thanks @aggroculture (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=318) and @Pillfred (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=393) for the feedback on your personal experiences, she said she might suggest the same so really this is a consult, maybe not a treatment. A bit backackwards, I know.

Wish me luck!

Edit: whip lash of the lower back. Heating pad does not help. I'm an idiot. Hopefully a ton of ice this weekend will help. :)

allegro
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Is that the medical diagnosis?

I had cervical strain, once (formerly known as whiplash) and the 800mg of Ibuprofen - and the muscle relaxers - that the doctor prescribed REALLY helped. In the morning, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow. That night, I was at a wedding with G. With help from the combo of all the drugs and White Russians, I was on the dance floor doing the Electric Slide.

They don't give neck braces, anymore, because they WANT you to move.

I hope you recover soon!!

Dra508
01-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Is that the medical diagnosis?

I had cervical strain, once (formerly known as whiplash) and the 800mg of Ibuprofen - and the muscle relaxers - that the doctor prescribed REALLY helped. In the morning, I couldn't lift my head from the pillow. That night, I was at a wedding with G. With help from the combo of all the drugs and White Russians, I was on the dance floor doing the Electric Slide.

They don't give neck braces, anymore, because they WANT you to move.

I hope you recover soon!!

Thanks. I feel better already. Ice is quite amazing and mentally, I feel like there is a path to recovery. I feel for people with chronic issues or those chasing diagnosis for whatever is ailing them. The unknown is usually worse then whatever it might be. And I'm going paleo for six weeks for multiple reasons. One benefit I should get that will help this back is the reduction in inflammation.

She did say my muscles were very tight and since I do exercise regularly, I should get regular massages. Win.

Trains
01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I've managed to get along just fine for 24 years as a human being, yet for the last six months I haven't been myself at all. I've gone from a pretty well-rounded, fairly confident, extremely laid-back person to an anxious mess that can't handle anything. I don't understand what the problem is; things with my girlfriend are fantastic, I have just about enough money to get by, I do a job I know I'm good at, things with my family are better than they ever have been. But despite this, I'm still getting panicky and nervous all the time, completely overreacting about things and acting irrationally about the smallest things. I'm finding it hard to talk to people and to have a conversation, I generally just mutter inaudibly and put no effort into speaking. I rarely feel comfortable. And for some reason I'm freaking out over the tiniest health scares and magnifying them to the extreme (a prolonged headache becomes a blood clot an upset stomach becomes cancer etc). It's doing my head in to be honest, because I can't identify a single thing that's brought this on. I don't know what the matter with me is.

miss k bee
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I've managed to get along just fine for 24 years as a human being, yet for the last six months I haven't been myself at all. I've gone from a pretty well-rounded, fairly confident, extremely laid-back person to an anxious mess that can't handle anything. I don't understand what the problem is; things with my girlfriend are fantastic, I have just about enough money to get by, I do a job I know I'm good at, things with my family are better than they ever have been. But despite this, I'm still getting panicky and nervous all the time, completely overreacting about things and acting irrationally about the smallest things. I'm finding it hard to talk to people and to have a conversation, I generally just mutter inaudibly and put no effort into speaking. I rarely feel comfortable. And for some reason I'm freaking out over the tiniest health scares and magnifying them to the extreme (a prolonged headache becomes a blood clot an upset stomach becomes cancer etc). It's doing my head in to be honest, because I can't identify a single thing that's brought this on. I don't know what the matter with me is.

Sounds like you need to speak to someone about how you are feeling.

allegro
01-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Yeah, sounds like simple chronic anxiety disorder which is treatable in many ways (besides and including medicinally). You're not alone, it's not uncommon.

Trains
01-09-2013, 10:29 AM
^ Yeah I read up on it a bit and certainly seems that way. I'll look into it, cheers. Apologies for the random outburst.

miss k bee
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
Feeling run down and miserable on my week off.

Fixer808
01-09-2013, 05:26 PM
This is annoying (http://scoutmagazine.ca/2013/01/09/the-waldorf-hotel-has-closed-after-just-3-years-sold-to-a-real-estate-company/), and typical of town. The Waldorf Hotel, which was renovated and reopened in 2010, was sold out from under management by the property owner to a condo developer, who told them "you have until September, then GTFO." Fucking stupid, they've had some great events there, Food Truck Festival, we had our film premier in the Tiki Bar, and Nuba, the Lebanese restaurant is apparently quite good. Everybody who works there is understandably pissed, as is management, because bam, 60 people out of work.

And for what? More overpriced condos in an industrial/crack whore district.

Big Fat Matt
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
ignorant uneducated people, combined with this 4 day migraine marathon, along with the stress of being unwillingly drug into a messy break-up. there is no analogy or proper word or combination of words that describe my mounting frustration and anger.

Hula
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
Every time I pre-order a game to be released in the spring of that year, the store I pre-order from goes into administration :| I'm going to have to resort to the gaming retailer with the red, black and white logo if places keep shutting down like this; between HMV and GAME going into administration, all it leaves in my town is aforementioned anonymous game retailer (I haven't shopped there since spring last year due to being treated really terribly time and again by a particular member of staff), the video shop which occasionally has games but more often than not has knock-off copies with photocopied covers, and the toy store which is generally a) expensive as hell or b) lacking in any sort of variety.

I know it's a stupid thing to whine about, but ugh. It's just shitty that games outlets are tanking so much lately. I know HMV suffered due to internet music sales rather than the games industry, but my town's always been pretty crappy when it comes to games. It's still an industry where a large chunk of consumers will willingly spend full- or almost full-price to get products when they're brand-new, and you can't exactly download a console.

I just hope I can actually find somewhere to pre-order GTA V now :/ I wouldn't mind but it's not even for myself, it's a present for my brother! Augh.

Pillfred
01-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Every single one of those conspiracy videos about whatever, most recently Sandy Hook related. I get that the media is not the best at covering news all the time, however I still put more stock in what they say than some random whoever on youtube with a video editor. Fucking people are really dumb sometimes.

Dra508
01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Every single one of those conspiracy videos about whatever, most recently Sandy Hook related. I get that the media is not the best at covering news all the time, however I still put more stock in what they say than some random whoever on youtube with a video editor. Fucking people are really dumb sometimes.

Those conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook are offensive. Those people are no better than the Westboro church.

theruiner
01-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Coming back from the store, dropping a bag of groceries on the ground, breaking something and having to go right back to the store to buy it again. Dammit.

sentient02970
01-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Coming back from the store, dropping a bag of groceries on the ground, breaking something and having to go right back to the store to buy it again. Dammit.

I did this with three bottles of wine. Hate when that happens.

ibanez33
01-21-2013, 04:15 AM
I did this with three bottles of wine. Hate when that happens.

SUCK IT OUT OF THE SHAG!!!

tencharacterlimit

heroicraptor
01-21-2013, 04:47 AM
The voice acting for Batman in The Dark Knight Returns is appalling.

Conan The Barbarian
01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
The voice acting for Batman in The Dark Knight Returns is appalling.

Robocop does not approve.

Stereo75
01-23-2013, 01:49 AM
I have a mouse in my house. Seen em' twice & just had almost experienced this thing shooting up the leg of my sweats. Had a ziploc of vitamins that my mom gave me to try & it chewed the bag & took the majority of them. This thing must be huge! Anyway, the trap is finally set & I'm having a few beverages while waiting for a 'SNAP' ...and the Federer/Tsonga match.:)

Fucking mouse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2MT2EJbWEY

Penfold is actually a Mole. I did not know that.

Stereo75
01-23-2013, 03:23 AM
OH SNAP!!!

(I'm gonna go look.)

FUCK YEAH!!! Victory is mine.

theruiner
01-25-2013, 10:59 PM
I was hanging out with a friend of mine tonight who I used to work with and found out that a former co-worker of mine died of cancer a few weeks ago. She was only 25.

I just can't even wrap my mind about that. She was a super sweet person. I don't think she had ever had an unkind word to say about anyone. Apparently she was diagnosed last summer and died within six months. 25 is way, way too young to die.

Anyway, it wasn't like I was particularly close with her or anything, but it was still really sad. Apparently a bunch of people from my old work really went out of their way to spend a lot of time with her in the last months. My friend was saying that her biggest fear was to die alone and they really went out of their way to make sure that she didn't. That is awesome. But, man. That just shocked and saddened me greatly.

jmtd
01-28-2013, 01:31 PM
My train hit someone and I've been stuck on it for an hour now.

Elke
01-29-2013, 09:58 AM
My train hit someone and I've been stuck on it for an hour now.

It's the first part of the sentence that pisses you off, right? Right?

jmtd
01-29-2013, 01:19 PM
It's the first part of the sentence that pisses you off, right? Right?

No, both things are bad. One being massively bad doesn't mean the other one stops being bad.

miss k bee
01-29-2013, 02:16 PM
Can't wait until work moves from old manky office with unisex toilets and horrible last cleaned ten years ago PC's to new offices!!!

slave2thewage
01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Having to do presentations. I'm exhausted and I still have to type up these slides for first thing in the morning. At least it's the weekend for me tomorrow!

Fixer808
01-29-2013, 11:56 PM
Why in the FUCK are those weak-ass children next door singing Christmas carols???

Big Fat Matt
01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
so i went on a date today, and all was going well, until her and i started talking about our families. she couldn't grasp that i have a sister 11 years younger than i, but i do not know my father. "she is adopted" i tell her. i proceed to tell this woman how proud i am of her (head of her class, on the student council, straight A's, general overachiever shit) when she says, and i quote....

"but she's adopted though, right? shes not REALLY your sister"

this is how i felt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOaROFFhpL4

Fixer808
01-30-2013, 06:50 PM
so i went on a date today, and all was going well, until her and i started talking about our families. she couldn't grasp that i have a sister 11 years younger than i, but i do not know my father. "she is adopted" i tell her. i proceed to tell this woman how proud i am of her (head of her class, on the student council, straight A's, general overachiever shit) when she says, and i quote....

"but she's adopted though, right? shes not REALLY your sister"

this is how i felt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOaROFFhpL4
I was working briefly for a moving company and we were hauling a heavy dresser into this rich woman's house. We decided to pull out the drawers to make the thing lighter and asked where we should put them, to which her reply was:
"Oh, you can put them in my daughter's room. Well, she's not REALLY my daughter, she's my step-daughter."
Blew me away, all I could think was "You... you had to clarify that to the MOVERS?! You must really love your not-daughter."

Big Fat Matt
01-30-2013, 07:32 PM
im now extra proud of my sister for no reason to spite that bitch.

theruiner
02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Oh, boy. The hot water heater for my apartment building broke. "No time frame" on when it will be fixed, according to the letter they taped to my door. I took a lukewarm shower today and the only reason it wasn't freezing was probably because I didn't jump in a shower until mid-morning. But tomorrow, when I'm jumping in a shower at four in the morning? That is going to be coooooold.

icklekitty
02-03-2013, 01:57 PM
theruiner bucket+kettle+cold water top-up. +measuring jug to scoop it up and wash yourself with.

orestes
02-03-2013, 04:13 PM
The new management at the apartment complex.

Last month a letter was sent out to all residents reminding them to pick up a new parking permit sticker for their vehicles. The letter stated that the towing company they've hired will boot or tow vehicles that either have expired registration tags, are broken down or have a flat tire. The purpose of this is to clean up the parking lots. Nowhere in the letter does it say vehicles would be booted or towed because of permit stickers. Today, I go outside to leave only to discover that my back driver's side tire has a fucking boot on it and a note attached saying that my vehicle has been booted because I do not have a parking permit sticker. I do have a sticker, I just have chosen not to permanently attach it to my wind shield because it's a huge ass, bright orange sticker. The sticker must have fallen on the floor, so when the tow company was inspecting all vehicles this morning, they must not have seen it. So now I'm waiting on them to remove the boot because they received "miscommunication" from the leasing office. I keep my vehicle in working order and pay my rent on time every month, so why don't you go after the residents who don't comply by lease rules, okay?

Between this and what happened right after Christmas, in which I was without power for nearly a week and nobody from the leasing office toured the complex to check in on residents, I am fed up with this place.

theruiner
02-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah, you've got to get out of there, Orestes (when you can). That sounds awful.

I also refuse to put the parking sticker in my window because I don't want to have to look at it all the time. My OCD would drive me insane. Fortunately, my place isn't really strict about it.

So...my hot water is back but now I'm waiting for a maintenance person to come by and fix the leak on my toilet. I think it might actually be leaking from two different places, too. They're supposed to be here by 5 and it's 4:13 now. Getting nervous.

Jinsai
02-04-2013, 12:17 PM
Day 2 of quitting smoking. I'm thinking of maybe just not leaving my room today.

theruiner
02-04-2013, 05:22 PM
^^That's rough, dude. Hang in there.

My complaint is going to sound so incredibly petty compared to that (actually, it would have, anyway), but...

NAIL POLISH Y U NO STAY ON MY TOES?!!

Fixer808
02-04-2013, 06:58 PM
NAIL POLISH Y U NO STAY ON MY TOES?!!
CLEAR COAT. Or industrial strength varnish...

sentient02970
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
CLEAR COAT. Or industrial strength varnish...

"I'm sayin' that Tru-coat, you don't get it you got oxidation.."

theruiner
02-04-2013, 08:26 PM
CLEAR COAT. Or industrial strength varnish...Yeah, I'm using that. I don't know. I think I'm probably scraping them on things.

The worse thing is that I suck at putting nail polish on. I've been trying for years. It always looks like crap. I've had a few different friends explain it to me, give me tips, etc. I've looked up Youtube videos, I'd read stuff on the internets, I just can't get it right.

Oh, well. I'm the only one that sees it. For now, at least.

Fixer808
02-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Girl I was seeing last year put alternating pink and black polish on my fingernails one time for fun, and that shit lasted for like 2 weeks!!

orestes
02-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah, I'm using that. I don't know. I think I'm probably scraping them on things.

The worse thing is that I suck at putting nail polish on. I've been trying for years. It always looks like crap. I've had a few different friends explain it to me, give me tips, etc. I've looked up Youtube videos, I'd read stuff on the internets, I just can't get it right.

Oh, well. I'm the only one that sees it. For now, at least.

If nail polish is too hard, then try these. (http://sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/salon-effects-real-nail-polish-strips)

theruiner
02-05-2013, 09:00 PM
^^I've seen those! I'll have to try them sometime. At some point I really want to figure out how to do this right. But in the meantime those would be helpful. Thanks for the heads up. :)

halloween
02-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Those conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook are offensive. Those people are no better than the Westboro church.
Oh god, I met someone who watched those videos and was very passionately describing it all to us. It was disgusting how excited he was and how well he was at regurgitating the bullshit. I asked him who made the videos and he said "People who care." I asked, "No, specifically who made this?" and then he got real defensive, "Oh I don't know, it's not like I'm friends with these people." He was talking about how he thinks "America is wisening up and doing the research." I had to retain myself from pointing out how he didn't bother to research the people behind the bullshit. I wanted to punch him so badly. This was the second time I've met someone who believed a conspiracy theory. The first time it was my boyfriend who talked about 9/11 conspiracy theories while stoned. (I broke up with him the next day, for other reasons as well of course.)

Jinsai
02-06-2013, 12:18 AM
I was doing fine with the whole not smoking thing, in fact it was going a lot easier than it ever has any other time I've tried to quit. So I just thought that to myself, "wow, this has been surprisingly easy this time. It's three days now and I haven't had a cigarette and don't even waaaaa" and just then I started getting crazy cravings that have been nagging at me for an hour or so now.

So, maybe the trick is to not think about it? All I can think about now is how much better I'd feel if I had a smoke. worst drug ever.

Fixer808
02-06-2013, 12:24 AM
It's really fucking weird. Last time I tried to quit I was dating this girl and when I was with her I didn't even think about cigarettes. Mind you, that was PHYSICALLY with her. When she was around I didn't even get that twitchy finger thing I tend to get when I haven't had a smoke in a while. (The index and swear fingers on my left hand tend to feel neglected if I haven't smoked in a bit...)

jmtd
02-07-2013, 04:10 AM
I've developed arthritic symptoms in my knees in the last 24 hours. It fluctuates but at its worst I can't walk. My health person said I should monitor it for a while. It could be my condition or the treatment for it or both. Great.

allegro
02-07-2013, 05:31 AM
I was doing fine with the whole not smoking thing, in fact it was going a lot easier than it ever has any other time I've tried to quit. So I just thought that to myself, "wow, this has been surprisingly easy this time. It's three days now and I haven't had a cigarette and don't even waaaaa" and just then I started getting crazy cravings that have been nagging at me for an hour or so now.

So, maybe the trick is to not think about it? All I can think about now is how much better I'd feel if I had a smoke. worst drug ever.
YES absolutely do NOT think about it. At all ever!!

I smelled smoke from somebody's cigarette yesterday and actually briefly enjoyed it, mmmm cigarette. I quit smoking 12 fucking years ago.

dlb
02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Got a new job since 2 weeks which is quite nice, BUT they don't have an office space for me yet so I have to work at home with absolutely no one looking over my shoulder. This might very well be the worst working environment I've been in since university. I'm even thinking about going to the library in order to get things done in a timely fashion... Goddamn I can not seem to moviate me in anyway so I've been lurking around for most of the day and coming up with shit just mere minutes before I head of to the office for the occasional meetings. People are happy with what I do, but the situation is extremely shitty. I'm really looking forward to my boss coming back from his business trip so we can work things out or I either have to work on my discpline. I'm a lazy fuck...

Dra508
02-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Dumb ass Corporate IT. I use a VPN all the time. At home, in airports, at other people's homes, in hotels, on a fucking plane. Don't tell me to re-install the s/w when it stops working. YOU ARE BLOCKING MY IP ADDRESS - FIX IT. Grrrrrr "We are dispatching your ticket. Please wait for a call back." I might hear from ya'll on Monday.

theruiner
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.

Jinsai
02-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Well, it looks like I'm going to see Louis CK alone next weekend. Bummer. I'm getting kind of tired of going to events by myself. I'm still not sure I want to go by myself. On the other hand, I'll probably kick myself if I don't go (I missed him AND Patton last year and was pretty mad at myself...again, no one would go with me). That's if tickets are even still available, which they very well may not be.

Be happy that he's playing in your town though! It seems like Louis CK has an aversion to doing sets in Los Angeles unless he's playing some super secret show that's impossible to get into.

theruiner
02-09-2013, 11:30 PM
I don't know about past tours, but I know for this one, at least, he had said that because he wasn't using Ticketmaster this time around and was just doing it all himself, there were a lot of venues he couldn't get into because they had exclusive deals with TM. I think he specifically mentioned Los Angeles as one of the cities where he couldn't find a venue that would work with him.

It makes sense, too, because the place he's doing the show out here is an "in the round" theater. I hope to God the show is not actually in the round, though. I'm hoping he'll, like, curtain off half the theater and use it as a backdrop so it's a normal show. I don't want to stare at his back half the show. I don't think it's conducive to comedy.

Then again, Louis is playing arenas now. Like, as of a couple weeks ago. He is doing the O2 in London and then he's playing an arena in Colorado and Idaho now, which was just announced. So I probably shouldn't miss this show because it might be the last time I ever get the chance to see him in a small venue (and I will not see him at an arena unless I get close seats. Not interested in seeing a comedy show from the nosebleeds, thanks).

sublimaze
02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
YES absolutely do NOT think about it. At all ever!!

I smelled smoke from somebody's cigarette yesterday and actually briefly enjoyed it, mmmm cigarette. I quit smoking 12 fucking years ago.

I quite twice, the last time about 5 years ago, and I still get cravings now and then. I hate it!

Fixer808
02-09-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't want to stare at his back half the show.
Meh, that's 50% less back-staring than seeing Tool...

Jinsai
02-12-2013, 04:22 AM
man.... it's my birthday, I was hanging out with some friends, and I screwed up and had a cigarette. I got almost nothing from it, I don't know why I did it... but now I feel a bit guilty. I'm trying to rationalize it as "it was my birthday, I'm allowed to fuck up a bit today on my resolutions," but I'm still disappointed in myself. I guess I'd rather celebrate getting older by sticking to my guns and acting like a proper adult who can resist temptation.

Oh well, I can still write it off as an anomaly.

marodi
02-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Jinsai Happy birthday to you good sir! Don't be too hard on yourself about the cig slip up. It happens; we're only human after all and mistakes are made so we can learn from them.

And the reason I'm here: new ETS needs a Shitlist, just like in the good old times of old ETS. I've read some posts in the last few minutes that make my fingers itch to start one.

dlb
02-12-2013, 02:30 PM
I really hate the fact that I still withdraw from posting on ets more often because I feel my english is not good enough to accurately get across what I intend to say.

And that's coming from someone who gets send to business meetings with international collegues, because he is said to be the most fluent speaker. Fuck unnecessary insecurities!

Fixer808
02-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Seems pretty good to me!

theruiner
02-12-2013, 04:43 PM
man.... it's my birthday, I was hanging out with some friends, and I screwed up and had a cigarette. I got almost nothing from it, I don't know why I did it... but now I feel a bit guilty. I'm trying to rationalize it as "it was my birthday, I'm allowed to fuck up a bit today on my resolutions," but I'm still disappointed in myself. I guess I'd rather celebrate getting older by sticking to my guns and acting like a proper adult who can resist temptation.

Oh well, I can still write it off as an anomaly.It sucks that you're feeling bad (especially on your birthday), but think of it this way- that might not be such a bad thing. It means you're really serious about quitting. It's not like you had one and were like, well, screw it, what's the big deal? You realized it was a mistake and you're determined not to let it happen again. It shows resolve.

So...yeah. Like Marodi said, you're human, dude. Don't beat yourself up over it.

And happy birthday!

DF118
02-13-2013, 12:28 PM
No Youtube, I don't want to use my full name, that's a bad Youtube!

ImTheWiseJanitor
02-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Who the hell gave the sign-off on the new iTunes? A fucking retarded camel??

Jinsai
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
I have had one horrible song after another stuck in my head all day long, and it's starting to drive me nuts. I'm currently stuck on that fucking awful "home is wherever I'm with you" song, before that it was whatever that shitty beer commercial song by The Lumineers is called, before that it was fucking Mumford and Sons, and before that, the song that started it all, the "I'm such a baby oh the dolphins make me cry" song by Hootie. How the hell did I get a song by Hootie and the fucking Blowfish stuck in my head?

I'm going to wash my brain out with some Merzbow.

Fixer808
02-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Mumford and Sons is SOOOOOO BORING!!

marodi
02-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Pfft! You guys are lucky. I've had this stuck in my head since last Friday and it's driving me CRAZY so it's my pleasure to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1LI8lZALPM

scotty79
02-26-2013, 06:47 AM
New tatt cancelled till Thursday yet i expect to get a fone call cancelling it again that day

Clownboat
02-26-2013, 08:13 PM
This forum needs a shitlist.

Magtig
02-26-2013, 08:15 PM
Goddammit, I'm sick and fucking tired of being sick. All you do is sit around watching the entire Battlestar Galactica series (again) and masturbating. I want to DO things! >:(

Magtig
02-26-2013, 08:18 PM
This forum needs a shitlist.
It might, but I really hope this forum doesn't go back to being as mean spirited as it was before. I like it a lot better now, and that's coming from someone who spent plenty of time in the shitlists on the last one.

Fixer808
02-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Goddammit, I'm sick and fucking tired of being sick. All you do is sit around watching the entire Battlestar Galactica series (again) and masturbating. I want to DO things! >:(
Hey, you just described my day off!

Magtig
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I know, I'm reading that thinking, 'Wait, why do I hate that again?' :D

Dra508
03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
People who set unrealistic deadlines and make meetings without consulting you. Sending dumb ass agendas that anyone who's read a how-to sell book or even a fucking psychology book would see how zero confidence negative - set up for failure your writing is. You're an idiot, I need you got get the fuck out of my way and let me plan and meet with the customer. Or better yet, let's not waste our time. This customer hates us (and probably you specifically), never buys anything from us anyway so be honest, this is just busy work so you can keep your job for another couple of months. Uuuuuuuugghhhh.

Fixer808
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
whoops, wrong thread...

Pillfred
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Going to the Dr. again, well first time this year i guess. Not happy about it.

M1ke
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I got to go over one of my mid-terms, and my mark was fine, I got almost 90%, but one thing about how it was marked bothers me, way more than 2 marks should.

The final question on the exam was to state the year-end balance in two accounts. I did exactly what it asked for, and my answers were correct, but she gave me zero out of two because I didn't show her how I calculated it.

How can the right answer be a zero out of two?!!?!?

the duder
03-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Kind of a mixed bag; I coach college swimming, and 2 of our female athletes qualified for NCAA Championships, which is awesome! I have to stay back here in Buffalo and train them while our men's team (and the rest of the coaching staff) at their conference championship meet in Carbondale, IL at Southern Illinois University. No biggie, as most schools have the capabilities to broadcast the conference championships via live streaming. Except SIU doesn't. Kind of upset that I can't be there, but am very stoked we got 2 girls to the "big show". Guess I'm more upset that it's 20-fucking-13 and this school can't get their shit together enough to "keep up with the times" technologically speaking.

aggroculture
03-07-2013, 07:42 PM
My body just won't give me a minute to smell the roses. The day I get over a three-week cold: toothache signalling cavity.

Dra508
03-08-2013, 06:32 PM
10am flight is cancelled, but I find this out at 5:30 am so I quickly call the airline. Get booked on a 2pm flight. A little while later, go to check in online and print a boarding pass only to find that the 2pm is cancelled. Call the airline again, this lady books me on another airline (since her own had no seats until tomorrow night) and I get a 5:30 flight. Try to dig my car out of the snow, but my back started hurting so I decided to leave it, it's going to be 50 this weekend. I take a cab to the airport bus. Go to the airport super early so I can check in at the first airline to get rechecked at the second airline only to get a phone call while on the airport bus that the first airline lady who got me the seat on the other airline made a mistake (or the other airline did) and booked me for March 28th, not today, March 8th. WTF! Deep breath. Miraculously, while she's telling me this a seat opens up on one of their flights at 7. I'll take it - type fast - I get frequent flyer miles on your airline and it's a nonstop - gimme gimme. I can sit at the airport. That flight gets delayed two additional hours.

8 hours in an airport and I'm pretty convinced it's the airline not the weather. yeah yeah yeah there's another foot of snow out there, but none of the other airlines seemed to cancel so many flights.

At least the last plane out that i got a seat on has me in a first class seat. :D

the duder
03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
My roommate's "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" to his mewing cat being 5 X louder, and 10 X as annoying, as said mewing cat.

Fixer808
03-09-2013, 03:09 AM
My roommate's "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" to his mewing cat being 5 X louder, and 10 X as annoying, as said mewing cat.
One of my supervisors in the shop is pissing me right the fuck off. When she wants your attention she goes "psss psss psss" like she's calling a cat. I want to drown her in napalm.

the duder
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM
^^ That's right up there with snapping or whistling to someone for their attention in my book. Napalm showers fo sho.

sentient02970
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
"3-2-1. Unicorn Apocalypse is live!"

Halo Infinity
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
I suppose this counts. I can't really say that I'm actually fond of receiving phone calls at odd hours. It thankfully doesn't happen that much to me this time around, but I've actually received phone calls between 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM on weekdays. I understand that there are some exceptions for that, but I'm referring to people that do that on a regular basis during the week. I even had a friend that had it worse than I did, because his friends would not only do that, but make plans on the same day or evening that way.

This also reminds me that I'm also not into making plans on the same day. There are also certain variables and exceptions I'm willing to accept, but I'm not into doing that regularly if I were to make plans to hang out with any of my friends or acquaintances. I'm also not into having people show up unexpectedly at my door either. Don't get me wrong though, as there are obviously still some exceptions for this, but it's not exactly one of my preferences. Another thing I also dislike is having to wait or search for friends and acquaintances for excessive intervals of time whenever I want to hang out. This is clearly due to my preferences of planning at least a few days in advance prior to hanging out for whatever reason that might be.

icklekitty
03-12-2013, 03:43 AM
I'm on day 10 of my period and it's still going strong, which hasn't happened since I was a preteen. I would be worried but I'm more pissed off because my bathroom's currently being redone so my flat is gross and I feel gross and everything is just...gross.

Alexandros
03-12-2013, 03:50 AM
When reading a book, an acquaintance of my mother tears off and throws away each page she has read, so as to reduce the size and weight of the book. Because you know, she has to carry that beast around. What a fucking waste.

sentient02970
03-12-2013, 06:00 AM
When reading a book, an acquaintance of my mother tears off and throws away each page she has read, so as to reduce the size and weight of the book. Because you know, she has to carry that beast around. What a fucking waste.
That's just wrong. Well, at least she's not eating them after tearing them out. She's not eating them...right?

JamesCmuse
03-12-2013, 06:32 AM
My step brother has turned into a reclusive xbox addict. He spends all day and half the night on it, doesn't go to school much and causes a lot of trouble at home. We have fuck all money yet he eats all the food in the house, and then doesn't eat the dinner his mother (who is lovely) cooks for him. He's now doing some weird thing where he's trying to make her feel bad for him by making her think he's starving himself by just throwing his dinner in the bin (And eating a fuck load of shit while she's not home), and making out as if it's our family who made him this way, despite the fact he doesn't even interact with is own. He ate my dinner last week which I was saving for when I got in from work in the early hours. My dad won't do anything about it because he can't, and won't get involved anymore because it causes too much arguments. Little fucking asshole is entirely desensitised and cares how nobody feels but himself. The utter most epitome of greed and selfishness. I generally be alone at home and mind my own business... do my coding/animating, sleep, eat. The rest of my time is spent out of the house. Eating my dinner was only the start of him spreading his ways into my life, and I swear to God I'm less than days away from punching him square in the face.

... /rant

Halo Infinity
03-12-2013, 02:46 PM
There is something I dislike about leaving toilets and doors inside the house open. To me, it's sort of like leaving the lights, the heat or the water on, but obviously not as bad. I've figured that if I could/should keep cabinets, drawers and closets completely closed, why not toilets and doors? And I also can't stand dropping things. If it's not embarrassing, it's just very annoying sometimes.

Fixer808
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
That's monstrous. Sure, just go ahead and destroy a book that someone else could have enjoyed after you've finished with it. She is why the Nazis managed to come to power.

Dra508
03-12-2013, 03:49 PM
My step brother has turned into a reclusive xbox addict. He spends all day and half the night on it, doesn't go to school much and causes a lot of trouble at home. We have fuck all money yet he eats all the food in the house, and then doesn't eat the dinner his mother (who is lovely) cooks for him. He's now doing some weird thing where he's trying to make her feel bad for him by making her think he's starving himself by just throwing his dinner in the bin (And eating a fuck load of shit while she's not home), and making out as if it's our family who made him this way, despite the fact he doesn't even interact with is own. He ate my dinner last week which I was saving for when I got in from work in the early hours. My dad won't do anything about it because he can't, and won't get involved anymore because it causes too much arguments. Little fucking asshole is entirely desensitised and cares how nobody feels but himself. The utter most epitome of greed and selfishness. I generally be alone at home and mind my own business... do my coding/animating, sleep, eat. The rest of my time is spent out of the house. Eating my dinner was only the start of him spreading his ways into my life, and I swear to God I'm less than days away from punching him square in the face.

... /rantI was going to go with punch in the neck just so it might not hurt your hand as much, but do what makes you feel best. What a fucker. It's quite amazing how self absorbed folks can be. Mom clearly has guilt not shutting down that nitwit behavior.

aggroculture
03-12-2013, 04:14 PM

Also, she must have incredible photographic memory: I frequently have to return to earlier passages to clarify this or that point, or remind myself of something. What a nightmare to need to check something and find you ripped out the page and threw it away! It's like something out of a Kafka short story.
That, or she doesn't give a shit, which is more likely. Either way, someone needs to send her a massive "READING: YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG" sign.

theruiner
03-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Sigh. Goodbye 20s...

Fixer808
03-12-2013, 10:22 PM
30 isn't as bad as everybody says. I don't remember my 30th birthday very well because booze, but once I was 6 months into it it weren't no thang. Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.

Baphomette
03-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.HEY!!!!! Fucking ageist.

icklekitty
03-13-2013, 05:08 AM
It's all over when you turn 21. I miss being jailbait/barely legal. *sigh*

Dra508
03-13-2013, 06:47 AM
Age is just a number until you hit 40, THEN it's all downhill.
HEY!!!!! Fucking ageist.Meh, fear of aging is pretty unattractive so....

aggroculture
03-13-2013, 08:17 AM
I think I've made this point before, but:
Your 30s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your 20s.

sentient02970
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I feel like I should chime in since despite some major unexpected health issues my 40s has been >>>>>> 30's.

allegro
03-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I concur. Because we keep getting a lot smarter. We're REALLY STUPID in our 20s. We don't know that at the time, of course.

I think hitting 70 will be freaky (if we make it that far) because of, well, death. Although, I met a really cool guy on the ski slopes in California last week who is 72 and he appeared to be really enjoying life (way more than the 29-yr-old drama queen who was with our group).

dlb
03-13-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm also very much looking forward to becoming older. Just yesterday I was browsing through old photos from about 10 years ago and I sure as hell would never ever go back there having in mind all the insecurities and stupid patterns of thought I had back then. I'm still searching, but it has become more fun as the years go by. One of the most curious things in life for me is how one will look at himself a few years from now. At least that is always an exciting thought and a good conversation starter no matter who you are with. Especially if you keep in mind that the best and most horrible things in life can happen over night, so even a year is a pretty fucking long time for good ol' fortuna to hit you in the face!

But yeah, of course there will be a time where I'll have to face the fact of dying more than ever and it feels quite intimidating, but on the other hand? Bring it! :)

Dra508
03-13-2013, 10:17 AM
I concur. Because we keep getting a lot smarter. We're REALLY STUPID in our 20s. We don't know that at the time, of course.

I think hitting 70 will be freaky (if we make it that far) because of, well, death. Although, I met a really cool guy on the ski slopes in California last week who is 72 and he appeared to be really enjoying life (way more than the 29-yr-old drama queen who was with our group).I heard the other day that they are extending "middle age" to 85. I know an 83 year old that still skis. I'm convinced that at that age, the minute you stop moving, you're toast.

allegro
03-13-2013, 10:52 AM
I heard the other day that they are extending "middle age" to 85. I know an 83 year old that still skis. I'm convinced that at that age, the minute you stop moving, you're toast.

Yeah, get a load of "Bingo Irene" (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/health&id=9006684)

Necrodoommonkey
03-13-2013, 11:17 AM
In early December my old next door neighbor went into an alcohol/not on his bipolar meds induced knife rage and sliced up his brother (who also lived there) and dragged his mom (who also lived there) out into the parking area to continue said knife rage. There was blood all over my car, on the sidewalk, on my front door etc. I ended up having to do things to the guy to keep him away from his mom and brother until the cops came. They all got kicked out the next week.
Fast forward to this last Sunday. New neighbors moved in. I helped them move a couple heavy things because they were obviously unable to do it themselves. They seemed mostly OK, but then I found out that he's sells pills and is an alcoholic. He got piss drunk Monday night and tried to get into another neighbor's apartment.

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a boat sailing on a sea of human garbage. They're all just fucking human garbage.

Dra508
03-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah, get a load of "Bingo Irene" (http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/health&id=9006684)Yeah, 80 year old my father in law had that non-invasive valve replacement, quite amazing. $100K in medicare costs and he lived another 16 months. Died of something completely different. YEAH ME, I live with Romneycare and there are no death panels.

blackholesun
03-13-2013, 10:45 PM
I have a job with multiple bosses and got yelled at twice today for following the directions of one and apparently going against the wishes of the other. Fun times.

icklekitty
03-14-2013, 03:39 AM
blackholesun Sorry, I read that as "multiple blowjobs"

Halo Infinity
03-14-2013, 07:51 PM
I have a job with multiple bosses and got yelled at twice today for following the directions of one and apparently going against the wishes of the other. Fun times.
The mere thought of that didn't just annoy me, but it also made my skin crawl.

october_midnight
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Strata fees.

Warped_Savant
03-15-2013, 07:23 PM
When your underwear goes right up your...

No, wait... I kinda like that...

onthewall2983
03-15-2013, 09:04 PM
No matter how many times I tell Hulu the ad I'm watching isn't relevant, they keep playing it anyway.

Necrodoommonkey
03-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Pandora. Pandora is fucking horrible. No matter what musician or band I start with, I end up listening to Skrillex. Rammstein? Have some Skrillex. KMFDM? Skrillex remix. Tom Waits? Give it an hour or so, and then Skrillex. Thumbs down Skrillex? HAZ MOAR SKRILLEX! Switch to Queen. EVEN MOAR SKRILLEX!

JamesCmuse
03-16-2013, 10:50 AM
As of last night at a friend's 21st...

'Friends' who leave the party early to go to a nightclub, just to get more drink and stay out longer... as opposed to staying with friends until we're told to leave the premises of the party and then everyone go their own ways. It annoys me that people put alcohol and partying before their close friends.

Beef of the Sea
03-20-2013, 08:18 PM
A major metropolitan flood warning system that I have installed and maintain, is starting to fail across the board and I have no idea why.
We're also horrendously short-staffed and can't possibly meet demands, especially when work is increasing exponentially.

I think I'll just stop writing quotations and applying for tenders so we actually have a manageable workload for once.

sentient02970
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Paypal is such a total fail for me. I don't know why I even bother with eBay anymore.

miss k bee
03-21-2013, 06:48 PM
People who you dont hear from for ages, who only contact you when they want to boast of their good news!

Fixer808
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
People who you dont hear from for ages, who only contact you when they want to boast of their good news!
And people who do it to try and get back at you for something. Back in like 2002 me and a friend had a bad friend-breakup with a third person because of her increasingly erratic behavior and drama. A few years ago we were at a concert and we ran into her. Well... I ran into her, other friend was coming back from the bathroom, saw her, turned tail and booked, leaving me to deal with the situation.

Apparently she was still holding a grudge, because she said "I'm married to a musician and travel a lot. Yeah, I've been doing really well since you guys turned your backs on me!"

miss k bee
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Same situation! My ex friend could of actually tried to find out why I broke up with her but instead after two months decides to tell me of her fabulous new job and how she passed her driving test. Thanks but I could have lived without that information!

Baphomette
03-23-2013, 03:20 PM
When a friend constantly implies that their musical knowledge and tastes are vastly superior to your own. Soooooooooooo boring.

Jinsai
03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
today I helped some people out with making a music video. And I listened to the song about five thousand times.

It's not a negative comment about the band's music or anything, I just think hearing that song on repeat all day may have driven me to madness.

Hula
03-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Got home from a photoshoot and uploaded the photos to my computer. Turns out a bunch of them are missing, and there were some good shots in there too. I dunno how the hell it happened but it was a perfect day until that.

Fuckity shit mc fuckingston

I've been having this a lot lately (especially with pictures I'd really like to keep, of holidays and pets that are no longer around etc). Out of interest are you using a Sony? I have been, seems to be the only memory card giving me trouble. I wonder if memory cards are just particularly unreliable in general?

Anyway, sorry you lost your stuff mate.

fillow
03-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Weather small talk.

frankie teardrop
03-28-2013, 11:09 AM
today I helped some people out with making a music video. And I listened to the song about five thousand times.

It's not a negative comment about the band's music or anything, I just think hearing that song on repeat all day may have driven me to madness.

this has made me hate my own music as well.

aggroculture
03-28-2013, 09:41 PM
Ah fuck you Gmail for...just fuck you.

Conan The Barbarian
03-29-2013, 09:58 AM
I have the worst luck with headphones. Another pair i have to buy. fuck

ImTheWiseJanitor
03-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I'll never get what sports do to people. WSU gets into the final four, and suddenly people "have never been more proud to be from Wichita!"

Yeah. The people you don't know did well in a game that you don't play for a school you never attended. You should be so proud! :D

staleincense
03-31-2013, 02:40 PM
The word "comedienne" which seems to have only become common recently is superfluous, unnecesary and just generally needs to die.

allegro
03-31-2013, 04:00 PM
The word "comedienne" which seems to have only become common recently is superfluous, unnecesary and just generally needs to die.
Nah, that's been around FOREVER, like before Carol Burnett; it's a throwback to the times when female job titles had to be feminized. Like, Stewardess and Actress and Waitress.

Magtig
04-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Goddamn Axiom 61 (http://altomusic.com/shop/images/product/axiom61-8d539183fbf93f8156b9a53f07aa6c7d.jpg) just shit the bed. Apparently they have their very own BSOD (a blank blue screen), and the problem is the motherboard of the keyboard which you can't order as a part anymore and whatever goddamn company just bought m-audio seems to be totally unresponsive about repairs. Fucking hell, I didn't even abuse this gear (for once).

I'm fucking buying AKAI or something next time. Shit.

Fixer808
04-02-2013, 12:16 AM
m-audio used to be go-to gear, didn't it?

Magtig
04-02-2013, 01:23 AM
m-audio used to be go-to gear, didn't it?

For a long time, yeah. The internets are filled with people who have had the same problem as me.

Magtig
04-02-2013, 01:29 AM

Fixer808
04-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Friend of mine used to be all over their stuff. I didn't know they'd been bought out, but now that I know the quality has dropped off (as well the customer support) I won't be buying any...

Magtig
04-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Yeah, it's a bummer. I might still try to get it repaired because it's a $400 controller. Shit. I guess I'll use my (tiny) MPK Mini (http://cdn.mos.musicradar.com/images/Product News/Tech/Oct10/akai-mpk-mini-640-80.jpg) in the meantime, but I can't exactly play a rhodes on that thing. :/

dlb
04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Went shopping for business shirts today and returned with nothing. I have plenty of casual shirts but all business stuff looks like total shit! Damnit!!!

Frozen Beach
04-02-2013, 07:38 PM
So, I worked with a friend at his job in the past, though paid under the table. Today, he came over and bribed me with alcohol to fill in for him at his job. I'm actually ok with it, and even without the alcohol would be ok with it, but now that I'm drunk, I'm depressed and really being harsh at myself with the self loathing. Why the fuck can't I be happy? I'm being seriously honest when I say that I haven't been happy in a long time. I don't know, maybe I'm just being a baby.

allegro
04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
Frozen Beach: Alcohol: It's a depressant. Also, happiness is a fleeting feeling, not a state of being. You have to seek it, and sometimes it's right there but you can't feel it. You have to want to feel it. It can come from the smallest things. So, no, you're not a baby,

Thing that pisses me off: My mother.

Nyx
04-03-2013, 04:31 AM
When people change plans the last minute and I'm just expected to go along with it, again and again. People like to think they're being spontaneous but they're really just being plain unreliable and flakey. If I can't count on you, I'm not going to be making any more plans with you.

miss k bee
04-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Studying driving theory - grrrr!. My brain left studying years ago!

ambergris
04-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a little time in the next weeks, so I want to do some of the things I had to delay until now. Unfortunately, these are so many things that I can't decide which one to begin with. Watch the most important movies of the past year? Re-watch Game of Thrones Season 1&2? Read the GoT books? Finish Skyrim and the new expansion? Read a few classic economics books? Or start viewing all the culturally significant American TV shows of the last decade (you know, the trend that began with The Sopranos, but there's also The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, all those shows that are reportedly extremely good and culturally significant, but which are hard to watch on german television).
Anyway, there's so much to occupy myself with that I get scared of deciding for one thing and I end up hanging around on the Internet in the most apathetic way.

miss k bee
04-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Aggh bored and restless! Hope my horses win in Grand National, but still bored and restless, going to walk around a shopping centre :(

Fuck all nine horses came nowhere!. At least not many fell.

Fixer808
04-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey everybody on social media... USE SNOPES BEFORE POSTING THINGS.

Dra508
04-08-2013, 07:37 AM
My inability to articulate. Sometimes I make no fuckin sense.

fillow
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
When people in office lunch room can't wipe their food crumbs and whatever they spilled off the table.

wizfan
04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm Greek, English is my second language (as you can tell by the majority of my posts), and I like it, I like its sound, its simple structure, I'm pretty much used to it since I consume English-language films and music all the time, 90% of the text I read (and write) on the Internet is in English, so, I'm okay with it, in most cases...

...but, if there's one word I absolutely HATE, it's the word "powerhouse". I hate the combination of the words "horse" and "power" that's not "horsepower". I hate how it sounds. I hate its meaning. I hate it, hate it, hate it. If anyone wants to give me positive feedback but uses the word "powerhouse" to describe what I do, I'll slap them in the face so hard they'll feel like they've been ass-whooped by a herd of electricity-spitting horses.

Fixer808
04-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Well for one- and like I said to someone else on here recently- your English is excellent, I had no idea it wasn't your first language.

And as for "powerhouse", it's one of those words that has lost meaning over time. Originally it was referring to the actual building housing the turbines that generated power in a hydro-electric dam, I'm pretty sure...

allegro
04-11-2013, 02:20 AM
Etymology of powerhouse:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=powerhouse&searchmode=none

Nothing about horses.

allegro
04-11-2013, 02:22 AM
Sorry, Tapatalk screwed up

wizfan
04-11-2013, 02:37 AM
Oh, I screwed up too, I mixed up "house" and "horse". Thank you, insomnia.

icklekitty
04-11-2013, 02:44 AM
To be fair, anyone that uses powerhouse deserves a slap.

dlb
04-11-2013, 03:05 AM
there's a gym in my city with that name. should I be concerned? :confused:

wizfan
04-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Organizing pinned apps in Windows 8. I can't just auto-arrange them alphabetically, and manual arrangement is a pain in the ass.

miss k bee
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
AGGH got spin bike ass pain!!

theruiner
04-15-2013, 06:49 PM
So..my grandmother is in the hospital and it's not looking too good. She's having trouble breathing and they don't know why (and they've got her on oxygen now) and they tested her kidneys and they're only working at 28%. On top of that, I just heard from my dad that now she's having stomach pains, but we don't know why yet. And I'm 400 miles away. Fuck.

Fixer808
04-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Damn, dude, that's rough...

theruiner
04-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, it's bad. My dad just called and said that now they found out that she has an enlarged heart and apparently she's on morphine, which my dad thinks is a really bad sign. He suspects the worst. I hope he's wrong. And also she's stuttering and they don't know why.

Edit: And thank you for thinking of me, Fixer. :)

marodi
04-15-2013, 09:22 PM
^^^
I'm so sorry to hear that, my friend. I hope she's going to pull through. *hugs*

Nirvana23
04-15-2013, 10:43 PM
Videobuzz (youtube channel) got removed from Roku for DMCA notice, No!!

hobochic
04-16-2013, 07:55 AM
People who borrow money and "can't" pay back until payday, although you know they have a savings account they can't=WON'T dig into... #Blacklisted

Beef of the Sea
04-16-2013, 04:34 PM
That awkward moment when you realise you've left a sex-toy in the shower for 3 days...

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
My apartment complex was having a chicken nugget-eating contest today. Most nuggets in 3 minutes wins a $50 prepaid gift card. My roommate and I got super pumped for it. Turns out they cancelled it because nobody signed up. If me and him had known we had to register ahead of time, we would have literally been the only two people competing, and could've split the money.

First-world problem, for sure. :\

Also, the fact that the trailers for Oblivion seem to give away way too much, and that the story seems to be really predicable and cliche. I hope it's at least some beautiful, delicious eye candy.

Pillfred
04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh need to 69, that way i wouldn't have to hear either of the fucking blowhards spew their bullshit.

playwithfire
04-16-2013, 08:23 PM
When people exit the subway through the door that triggers an alarm, even though I occasionally, only rarely, will hypocritically follow them.

icklekitty
04-17-2013, 02:55 AM
That awkward moment when you realise you've left a sex-toy in the shower for 3 days...

Been there. Had my mother over before I realised. Though I think she thought it was a fancy shower gel bottle.

Fixer808
04-17-2013, 06:09 AM
When people exit the subway through the door that triggers an alarm, even though I occasionally, only rarely, will hypocritically follow them.
On the Skytrain here you can't move between cars. However, my gripe is with people who try to push their way onto the train before people have finished getting off it.

Related transit rage, there's one particular stop I use where- instead of lining up and getting on in an orderly fashion like decent fucking human beings- for some reason the crowd just mobs the doors and tries to push its way on. I'm going to start wearing Gwar armor when I have to use that stop.

fillow
04-17-2013, 06:49 AM
my gripe is with people who try to push their way onto the train before people have finished getting off it

Same thing with any kind of public transport.

Also: smokers who drop their cigarette butts on the road under the bus wheels as they enter. Brilliant idea, of course no one will see them under the bus that's just about to leave.

WorzelG
04-21-2013, 03:01 PM
just when I get round to deciding to go to Reading to see NIN, I remember I had a ticketmaster gift card from a while ago to use, but I've not used it as I've had a baby in the meantime - turns out there is a bloody expiry date and I can't use it - the expiry date stuff is in tiny tiny print on the back of the card (where you can't see it if you've left it on the card it came with) - I hate ticketmaster - they're complete bastards

Fixer808
04-21-2013, 03:21 PM
ticketmaster - they're complete bastards
I'm pretty sure that's their slogan... Clear Channel can go piss up a rope, too.

ImTheWiseJanitor
04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
On this day, April 23rd of 2013...IT'S SNOWING.

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!

Conan The Barbarian
04-23-2013, 08:47 AM
The weather here is rain with a shit load of hot as a motherfucker. Be grateful.

I swear, I feel like I am a northerner born in the south.

jessamineny
04-23-2013, 11:32 AM

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!

My first year here, it snowed on Mother's Day. I wondered what the hell I had done.

dlb
04-23-2013, 11:38 AM
Rode over a pool of paint with my bike today. I was way too fast to avoid it and of course it still had to be wet. Go yellow, go!

sentient02970
04-26-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm losing more hair. Was evident last night when I ran my hand through it a couple of times. I didn't think this would happen but I guess I'm more like every other cancer patient now. More "part of the club".

Hula
04-26-2013, 11:48 AM
It's not that I'm being passed over for promotion, it's that the person they've chosen instead barely pulls her own weight and went out of her way to whine when I was given extra responsibilities last year. I can't be happy for her because she was never frigging happy for me -_-

Fragile Teeth
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
when people get overly angry or overreact.

stefler
04-26-2013, 03:44 PM
There are a german commercial that is the worst - called ''Seitenbacher Müsli''.
With swabian dialect. Every time that one runs on the radio I could chuck up.

theruiner
04-26-2013, 11:33 PM
So...my brother was nice enough to lend me his Xbox 360 "indefinitely"...including a bunch of games I've been wanting to try, like "Red Dead Redemption" and "Skyrim."

So he tells me, dude, connecting it is easy, just plug in the HDMI cable. I get home after being out all day, looking forward to trying the thing out...and the HDMI cable doesn't fit anywhere on here. There's no connection for it. Which makes no sense, I know. I KNOW that makes no sense, but God as my witness, I have a standard HDMI cable that I used on my Blu-ray player and it does not fit anything on this thing. I tried for 20 minutes to make sense of it but it doesn't work.

So I try to connect it another way. Doesn't work. I give up and walk away for the night. Except then ten minutes later I'm trying AGAIN, this time turning my entire damn TV around to see if I can connect the cables right. I then hit the power button...and get the red ring of death.

I give up.

Edit: My brother just called me. It's probably not the red ring of death. And it doesn't have an HDMI connection. And I still haven't figured out how to connect this thing but at least I know I didn't ruin it. ha!

elevenism
04-27-2013, 12:09 AM

WHAT THE-

WHY.

I want my sunshine back!
Oddly enough, alrea, we would have LIKED some snow down here in the tx panhandle. they are praying for rain...literally, at the churches around this neck of the gloom. The only storms we seem to get are fucking dust storms.

Fixer808
04-27-2013, 12:27 AM
So...my brother was nice enough to lend me his Xbox 360 "indefinitely"...including a bunch of games I've been wanting to try, like "Red Dead Redemption" and "Skyrim."

So he tells me, dude, connecting it is easy, just plug in the HDMI cable. I get home after being out all day, looking forward to trying the thing out...and the HDMI cable doesn't fit anywhere on here. There's no connection for it. Which makes no sense, I know. I KNOW that makes no sense, but God as my witness, I have a standard HDMI cable that I used on my Blu-ray player and it does not fit anything on this thing. I tried for 20 minutes to make sense of it but it doesn't work.

So I try to connect it another way. Doesn't work. I give up and walk away for the night. Except then ten minutes later I'm trying AGAIN, this time turning my entire damn TV around to see if I can connect the cables right. I then hit the power button...and get the red ring of death.

I give up.

Edit: My brother just called me. It's probably not the red ring of death. And it doesn't have an HDMI connection. And I still haven't figured out how to connect this thing but at least I know I didn't ruin it. ha!
Things used to be easier...
http://resource.mmgn.com/Gallery/normal/NES-AV-Ports-1041428.jpg

Jinsai
04-27-2013, 12:27 AM

They made an Xbox 360 without an HDMI port?

theruiner
04-27-2013, 12:45 AM
Apparently so. Which kind of blows me away, but he said that he got it right after it came out and apparently some (though I'm sure not all) of the early, early models didn't have an HDMI connection. I can attest to it.

elevenism
04-27-2013, 01:47 AM
when people look at my piercings and ask "does that hurt?"
I don't mind questions about my piercings (1" lobes, 6 gauge conches and 6 gauge septum.) In fact, it pisses me off when other pierced up folk throw fits for looks and questions...what the fuck did they expect?
but "does that hurt" is confusing to me. are they asking if it hurts right then, and if so, why? Do they have hydrocodone or something for me?
And if they're asking if it hurt to get and stretch the piercings, well...think about it. of course it hurts! most wounds tend to hurt.
and while i'm on the subject, what pisses me off most of all is when people claim that their ridiculously painful piercings, (septum, conches...) "Didn't hurt at all, brah!"

Hula
04-27-2013, 03:39 AM
and while i'm on the subject, what pisses me off most of all is when people claim that their ridiculously painful piercings, (septum, conches...) "Didn't hurt at all, brah!"
But septum piercings (at least at a standard gauge) generally don't hurt :P There is that pinch and the eye-watering moment but it's just the same sensation as picking your nose a bit too hard, really.

elevenism
04-27-2013, 05:51 AM
But septum piercings (at least at a standard gauge) generally don't hurt :P There is that pinch and the eye-watering moment but it's just the same sensation as picking your nose a bit too hard, really.
good god, hula...mine fucking HURT! and the stretches hurt SOOOOOOOO bad! maybe my piercing is higher up than some others? i don't know...i would get the little crusties on my retainer and moving it would just about make me scream. and stretching it myself, as i've been doing recently, has hurt SO bad. i THINK it hurts worse than my conches...is yours pierced?

Edit: full disclosure...i got my septum pierced at 17, and i'm 33 so my memory may be a bit foggy. but these stretches are pretty intense!

marodi
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Cyclists on the sidewalk.

wizfan
04-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Cyclists on the sidewalk.

This. So annoying. Unless there's no other option for them, like, say, when there's a lot of traffic. But then again, maybe they shouldn't cycle at all if that was the case.

Dra508
04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm losing more hair. Was evident last night when I ran my hand through it a couple of times. I didn't think this would happen but I guess I'm more like every other cancer patient now. More "part of the club".
Men can carry bald. Women, not so much. Embrace it dude !

allegro
04-28-2013, 07:10 PM
At least your hair will grow back after you're done with chemo. I just hope you're not having those other REALLY AWFUL side effects ugh! Hair loss is the least awful. But being alive and bald is better than the alternative, I'm pulling for ya!!!! Cancer sucks!!!!

Fixer808
04-29-2013, 12:32 AM
I was reading a book about WWII, "All Hell Let Loose" by Max Hastings. I was halfway through. I left it at my parents' place earlier today. It's a 3hr ferry ride away. Sad.

icklekitty
04-29-2013, 03:49 AM

Shave it and go from "balding man" to "sexeh man"

elevenism
04-29-2013, 12:38 PM

My fiancee had chemo and lost all her hair, so i feel for you man. She was still beautiful without the hair! I'm with icklekitty on this one. Also, i'm gonna be right there with you before long. I keep my hair pretty damn long, man...i only cut it every five years or so. I love my hair! I guess i'm gonna, one day, adopt the Billy Corgan look.
Chemo's a motherfucker, man. My heart goes out to you.

marodi
04-29-2013, 03:18 PM

I know it's probably not much comfort to you but I really dig bald men. It's very sexy.

But it's the reason why you're losing your hair that sucks big time. I know it's hard but try to see it in a more positive way: every hair you lose is a bit of the cancer going away. Your hair will grow back but the fucking cancer will DIE IN A GODDAMN FIRE. Fuck you cancer, fuck you very much.

Hang in there my friend; you will beat this thing. *hugs*

As for what is pissing me up today: I was out shopping with my mom (she has trouble walking so I'm going shopping for her) and each time I got out of the car, she told me to look out for cars before crossing the streets.

Mom, I hate to break it to you but I'm 45; not 5.

allegro
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Haaa they NEVER stop doing that!! My mom still tells me all the wrong ways I'm doing laundry, driving, cooking, I have learned to ignore her

Dra508
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Haaa they NEVER stop doing that!! My mom still tells me all the wrong ways I'm doing laundry, driving, cooking, I have learned to ignore her
I got you all beat: my mom still tells me to not talk on the cordless or mobile phone too long or stand in front of the microwave. /win

My little thing: sitting on the sidelines....

millionmilesaway
04-29-2013, 08:57 PM
my meathead roomate let my cat outside for the third time this week, and now she has been missing for the past 24 hrs. She does go outside (supervised) and if she gets out of the yard she is usually back in an hour or two, so now I'm starting to worry

with all the road construction and new houses being built on my road there are tons of dumpsters, holes, and rubble piles that she could be trapped in :( not to mention the wildlife and evil neighbors...

update: cat is home safe and mostly sound. going to x-ray her hips at work today just in case, she seems painful and is reluctant to jump. gave her some leftover buprenorphine from a previous incident and she is much more comfortable for the moment.

allegro
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Put out some canned food (or whatever food she really loves), stand outside and call call call her. She's probably really nearby. They don't venture far from home. But they hide REALLY well. Usually not far from whatever door she exited. She's probably really hungry. But scared. If she hears Mom's voice calling her in a nice way, she'll come home. She probably really WANTS to come home.

Minpin
05-01-2013, 12:53 PM
My bank.

Massively shits me the fees I am paying. I'm a vey thrifty person so never bothered with credit card, purely debit card with money in my savings account.

My infuriation began a few years back when I wanted to set up some direct debits and they told me my only option was to pay $20 for a random key generator as a security measure for online payments. Friend a couple of months later (different bank) was told he could have a security code texted to his mobile phone to verify the payment. Not happy.

Then last Christmas, like usual, I was doing my present shopping the day before and maxed out my 'daily limit'. I had the money in my account but for some reason they'd instituted a daily limit of $500. Rang them and they said to go into the bank. Which I did, and which cost me a $2 fee for the in person transaction.

Next issue was a replacement card, which they fucked up, misplaced or sent to the wrong branch, which meant more going into the bank and paying $2 every withdrawal. Normally I'd pay for groceries or whatever and get cashback simultaneously.

For the debit card I pay $3 a month, no complaints. But they've stopped giving me any free ATM withdrawals and charging me every transaction fee, eftpos or their brand ATM (I'd obviously expect the charge on a foreign ATM)

One last bitch, my pin for online banking isn't case sensitive, even my ETS password is fucking case sensitive!! My bank is a piece of shit. It's the first and only bank I've been with, but as of tomorrow I'm ditching.

fillow
05-03-2013, 03:45 AM
bnds nd rtsts WH WRT THR NMS LK THS

icklekitty
05-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Minpin - It staggers me what banks get away with charging for over there. The first time I went to New York my friend went to her own bank's ATM and they charged her for withdrawing her own money with a debit card. Here, your current account is free, your debit cards AND credit cards are free (apart from the credit card interest, of course), and there's only a daily limit for ATM withdrawals. You don't get charged for going to a teller, and we all got those security code machines for free. We get charged if we go into the red in our current accounts (unless you pre-arrange an overdraft), that's it.

allegro
05-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Not many banks here charge to use their own ATMs.

ImTheWiseJanitor
05-03-2013, 09:50 AM
"Snoop Lion has a new anti-gun song out now. YOU KILLED SOMEONE WITH A GUN, DUDE."

Yeah, that was in like, what, 1995 or something? I guess someone who's killed someone in the past is just permanently branded and isn't allowed to see the error in something they did over 15 years ago. Why are people so stupid about things like this?

I mean, the song itself isn't that great, if you ask me (I actually think it's crap). But why get up in arms over something that Snoop doesn't even hide from people? There's information on that case eeeverywhere. Let the guy try to change things now and find something worthwhile to "take a controversial opinion" on.

Merse
05-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Jury duty. And I could have gotten out of it sooner, but I have never served and so didn't know that you could be excused for economic hardship reasons. So now I have to wake my ass up at the crack of dawn to go to the courthouse, and I closed work tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a pain in the ass. -_-

hobochic
05-07-2013, 03:31 AM
Acrobat Reader's randomly bursting and bouncing icon on the dock trying to get my attention for no critical reason pisses me the fuck out of my mind. If I need to I'll update, you fuck.

playwithfire
05-07-2013, 11:37 AM
I really need a job with a normal schedule. Currently playing the waiting game on hearing back about my interview, but even if I don't get it, I need a job with a normal schedule.

In other news, I'm hormonal and stressed and waaaah.

Beef of the Sea
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Stressed out with how to handle some dodgy business ethically, and cleanly without being complicit to it all.
So I'm still up at 3am because it's keeping me up, and I need to get up in 3 hours, boo.

miss k bee
05-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Put too much English mustard in my lunch wrap last night - almost blew my head off. Most painful lunch ever! Woke me up tho!

fillow
05-08-2013, 03:19 AM
It's 2013 and it still takes some people 30 minutes to use a cash machine.

wizfan
05-08-2013, 04:47 AM
A new Demonoid site appears, and hours later turns out to be a scam (and I fell for it): http://torrentfreak.com/new-demonoid-d2-vu-quickly-shutdown-for-hosting-malware-130508/

Hula
05-10-2013, 05:44 AM
People harping on at people for disliking Lady Gaga because people like Chris Brown are monsters and so much worse and yet people still buy their records and blah blah blah.

Lady Gaga is shitty in her own way. People are allowed to think she's not the shining beacon of LGBT support she paints herself to be and while she isn't heterophobic or transphobic per se, I do think she does and says some things that are very harmful to both groups. It's 'phobic' only in the same way perpetuating the idea of the gay best friend is, like gay people and trans people are fabulous, fluffy friends just there for your entertainment. So yeah, I feel like it's my prerogative to look at her and think she's a shitbag and wish I didn't have to hear her on the radio every day.

Trains
05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
My own company. The last couple of years has seen a pretty cataclysmic reduction in the number of friends and associates I have, either because of people moving away, friends drifting apart naturally or sour grapes following some stupid drama that happened last year. I spend way too much time in the house alone while the ladyfriend is out with her own buddies; I feel like Paul Rudd in I Love You Man, which at the age of 25 is not a good thing! It sounds stupid, but I'm just not sure how to make new friends. I used to find it easy, had a big old network of people to hang out with, but I'm not sure really what to do to start again. The thought of going to a pub or club by myself is pretty scary, and it's getting to the point where I dread the weekends because I feel like such a loser when the missus gets back on a high from her night out and all I've been doing is listening to Gary Numan vinyls on repeat while sat in my undercrackers. Dang!

orestes
05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Found out through a facebook status and confirmed by my mother this morning that my sister is moving to New Mexico. Brother-in-law got a job promotion and apparently my mother has known of the possibility for some time but didn't want to say anything until he got the job. They move in two months. :( I'm happy for his success but would it have been too much trouble to let family know?

Fixer808
05-11-2013, 11:11 AM
^^ Seriously, just a quick phone call or something?

the duder
05-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Being broke and shitty at managing money. Fucking sucks. Had to borrow money from family, who were more than willing to lend it, and won't be able to pay this month's payment. Again, they're totally cool with me not being able to make a payment here or there and are totally understanding of my situation, but I hate not having a "nest egg" or "cushion". Plus, I owe some $$ for tuition and some other things (fines, court costs).

I may have to reach out again for help, but I really hate doing it. Luckily, with sobriety, I'm actually DEALING with these things now rather than letting these issues pile up and asking for help is getting easier. Again, I just hate it, and facing up to the fact that I am not the best at managing money. Anyway, I just had to vent.

allegro
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Get help in learning how to manage money. It's a discipline but it's not difficult. It just takes organization, mindfulness, determination, logic and knowledge. You can't change the past but you can learn so you won't repeat it unnecessarily.

Frozen Beach
05-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Why is it that people I know must continuously remind me and complain that I speak in a monotone voice? I can't help it. It's just how I am, and it's not gonna help me stop by informing me.

icklekitty
05-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Why is it that people I know must continuously remind me and complain that I speak in a monotone voice? I can't help it. It's just how I am, and it's not gonna help me stop by informing me.

I read that in Daria's voice.

Sutekh
05-14-2013, 04:34 AM
ever noticed that edward norton in fight club just does a daria impression for the whole film

"I am enlightened"

same voice!

hobochic
05-14-2013, 05:13 AM

Hey. Would it have killed you to end your sentence with an exclamation mark?

Stop being so monotone.

Dra508
05-14-2013, 08:00 AM
I may have to reach out again for help, but I really hate doing it. Luckily, with sobriety, I'm actually DEALING with these things now rather than letting these issues pile up and asking for help is getting easier. Again, I just hate it, and facing up to the fact that I am not the best at managing money. Anyway, I just had to vent.
A good family likes to help as long as the money is put to good use: paying off a debt, school expenses, fixing a car etc. That you are actually dealing with it actually warms the heart, the alternative is a family's feeling that they are throwing cash into a Bon fire. Accept their generosity with humility and appreciation, continue to prove that they made to right decision. It'll end up being a good experience for you all. You know giving makes the giver happy:

Http://on.ted.com/MNorton

It's when the giver adds all sorts of restrictions to the gift or loan or the giver uses it for all the wrong reasons (continuing a bad habit, going on vacation) that shit gets all sideways.

Frozen Beach
05-14-2013, 09:53 AM
I read that in Daria's voice.
Hah. One of my friends though insist that I'm more like Tiffany.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQflpKcQXOM

sentient02970
05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Rumors of layoffs coming after one bad quarter. I'm so tired of big business.

Dra508
05-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Rumors of layoffs coming after one bad quarter. I'm so tired of big business.Welcome to my hell.

fillow
05-15-2013, 11:10 AM
My handwriting. Half the time I can't read it myself.

Fixer808
05-19-2013, 04:21 AM
Who the fuck does that? That's some vegan-style shit right there.

darktemplar007
05-20-2013, 04:58 PM
That awkward moment when you had the day off but your work seems to think otherwise.

Pillfred
05-21-2013, 03:27 PM
having to toss all the contents of a fully stocked line cooler at 3:30 in the afternoon...

sentient02970
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
"rubbernecking" on the freeway. Really people? we have to bring the opposing highway two lane traffic to a near stop so all of you can peer at the horror of an accident way over on the other two lanes all the way across a 100ft median? Sure, let's just create another accident in that process.

staleincense
05-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Anyone who simply refers to a band's genre as "alternative" seriously needs to die. Goddamnit, that term hasn't even meant anything since 1994! It's just modern rock!

Dra508
05-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Having to spend an hour doing a corporate online 'security awareness' training. Seriously, this should be an exam on 'if you are this dumb, and fail these mini quizzes, we will fire you."

Hula
05-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Ex unfriended me on Facebook? Not a huge deal as it makes me uncomfortable to think back to when I was with him but wut?

And he's still FB friends with my bestie that he desperately grappled to steal after we broke up?

Okay.

REPLICA
05-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Mosquitoes. Filthy creatures.

Fixer808
05-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Ugh, you said it. Middle of the night, wake up to an approaching "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound, frantically thrash at the area around your head, despondently get up and turn on the light to hunt for intruder.

I recall once slapping my hand against the wall, turning on the bedside table light and crying out in triumph at the small patch of my own blood, liberated from the crushed remains of the bastard little thief.

aggroculture
05-27-2013, 05:16 PM
EDIT Nvrmnd.

Magtig
05-28-2013, 12:54 AM
When I have so many tabs open that I can't determine egregious eruptions of sound from embedded ads. Damn you ever diverging attention!

Fixer808
05-28-2013, 01:14 AM
"WHICH TAB IS IT?! It's not dirty sounding, so I can leave the porn tabs open... That leaves 4 wikipedia tabs, 3 Memory Alpha tabs, ETS, Facebook, History channel, and the Internet Movie Firearms Database."