PDA

View Full Version : The little things that piss you off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

the duder
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
I hate money/finances. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting better at managing my income, but for fuck's sake. It seems that it never ends with just getting a little ahead, then something comes up and fucks up my plan. As it stands, I guess I'm only 7 months into making "real" money (aka not shlepping along on my stipend from being a graduate assistant), but it seems that after about 3 months, any little savings I accrue gets jettisoned out to cover something that I had no plan for. Ugh.

Charmingly Miserable
04-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Not being able to take a dump. Seriously.

Sarah K
04-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Eat some sugar free candy.

aggroculture
04-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Is that because you are constipated? Eat lots of fiber. It will greatly improve the quality of your life, not just the shitting.

eversonpoe
04-28-2014, 11:43 PM
Not being able to take a dump. Seriously.

ugh, talk to my fiancee. about 50% of the reason our sex life is so sporadic is because she always feels like she needs to go, but can't. IT'S THE WORST.

Charmingly Miserable
04-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Is that because you are constipated? Eat lots of fiber. It will greatly improve the quality of your life, not just the shitting.

No, I'm not constipated. I just can't take a shit. It pisses me off to no end. I've tried everything: fiber, flax seed, Swisd Kriss, you name it. Nothing works except for alcohol or caffiene; even that is a hit or miss. I've been to the doctor for several years. All of my doctors tell me, "Sucks for you." I have an enlarged liver, so I don't know if that attributes to my lack of shitting or what. For all if you who shits regularly, I'm jealous.

halloween
04-30-2014, 05:18 AM
No, I'm not constipated. I just can't take a shit. It pisses me off to no end. I've tried everything: fiber, flax seed, Swisd Kriss, you name it. Nothing works except for alcohol or caffiene; even that is a hit or miss. I've been to the doctor for several years. All of my doctors tell me, "Sucks for you." I have an enlarged liver, so I don't know if that attributes to my lack of shitting or what. For all if you who shits regularly, I'm jealous.
Man... that's awful. I feel terrible when I don't have my second shit of the day!! I feel lucky now that I even get one. My go to for constipation is just A LOT OF WATER! Drink two glasses ever 30 minutes or something, until you feel things moving. Also, "gentle laxatives".

Charmingly Miserable
04-30-2014, 11:58 AM
Nothing helps me. I am just happy if I take a healthy shit once a week. So, essentially, I'm full of shit.

Dra508
04-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Nothing helps me. I am just happy if I take a healthy shit once a week. So, essentially, I'm full of shit.

Don't you feel terribly bloated? I agree with @halloween (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=95) . Water - lots of it. And movement. As much as you can get. Walk everywhere.

aggroculture
04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
I am no doctor, but I'd add eating lots of fresh fruit and vegetables every day to what the others have said: salad, apples, carrots, oranges, sweet potatoes, broccoli, zucchini, beans, lentils, humus, basically anything that is mostly fiber. Cut down on pasta, it's a notorious blocker. Eggs also sometimes block me the fuck up, and chocolate can be bad too.

Charmingly Miserable
04-30-2014, 01:11 PM
You guys. I know all of this stuff. All I drink is water. I'm eating an apple right now. I've tried everything!!!! Dra508 I don't feel bloated. Every once in a while, I'll feel heavy. I do, however, get irritable. But when I do shit, I feel happy. That's few and far between though.

Sarah K
04-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Have you tried eating something with sugar alcohol? People shit for DAYS after eating like 8 sugar free Gummi Bears!

Pillfred
04-30-2014, 02:09 PM
And I'm homeless...

Yeah shit got serious real quick at the house. The roomies had a blow out fight the other day which i thought may happen but hoped i wouldn't be around for. Then came another spree of texts about how im a burden messy etc, when i pretty much am never home and when i am i was just in my room. I chastised them for screaming at each other for an hour straight while her kid (autistic) sat in his room screaming for them to stop yelling... I think this is what led to the text i recieved saying i was being evicted for being late with this months rent, which i paid with late fee. Also this message i received leaving me 40 mins to get to the office. They know i don't drive.... I'm just glad to be out of there, not since i was 16 having at it with my mother have i felt so on egg shells over every little thing i did living somewhere. Even though i still only have what i left the house with on Friday i feel much better to be out of that situation. Hopefully i'll get this place down town im dropping an app off for directly. This would be nice as it's two blocks from my job, its back downtown which i have mixed feelings about but at least its close to work and the bus station.Yeah it all came rather abruptly as i have never myself spoken with the landlord and only received a notice about my rent the week before last. Lesson learned, don't move into a place with people who have a Volatile relationship. Rocking solo from here on out until i get a lady friend to live with someday, maybe. :)

Sarah K
04-30-2014, 02:12 PM
Yikes. Sounds like you're handling it pretty well! Being homeless, even for a few days, is always super terrifying. :/ Hope that everything comes together for ya!

allegro
04-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Have you tried eating something with sugar alcohol? People shit for DAYS after eating like 8 sugar free Gummi Bears!

OH MY GOD, I read the Amazon reviews for Haribo Gummi Bears Sugar Free (http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummi-Bears-Sugar-Free/product-reviews/B000EVQWKC) a few months ago and I hurt my ab muscles from laughing so hard.

Oh man...words cannot express what happened to me after eating these. The Gummi Bear "Cleanse". If you are someone that can tolerate the sugar substitute, enjoy. If you are like the dozens of people that tried my order, RUN!

First of all, for taste I would rate these a 5. So good. Soft, true-to-taste fruit flavors like the sugar variety...I was a happy camper.

BUT (or should I say BUTT), not long after eating about 20 of these all hell broke loose. I had a gastrointestinal experience like nothing I've ever imagined. Cramps, sweating, bloating beyond my worst nightmare. I've had food poisoning from some bad shellfish and that was almost like a skip in the park compared to what was going on inside me.

Then came the, uh, flatulence. Heavens to Murgatroyd, the sounds, like trumpets calling the demons back to Hell...the stench, like 1,000 rotten corpses vomited. I couldn't stand to stay in one room for fear of succumbing to my own odors.

But wait; there's more. What came out of me felt like someone tried to funnel Niagara Falls through a coffee straw. I swear my sphincters were screaming. It felt like my delicate starfish was a gaping maw projectile vomiting a torrential flood of toxic waste. 100% liquid. Flammable liquid. NAPALM. It was actually a bit humorous (for a nanosecond)as it was just beyond anything I could imagine possible.

AND IT WENT ON FOR HOURS.

I felt violated when it was over, which I think might have been sometime in the early morning of the next day. There was stuff coming out of me that I ate at my wedding in 2005.

I had FIVE POUNDS of these innocent-looking delicious-tasting HELLBEARS so I told a friend about what happened to me, thinking it HAD to be some type of sensitivity I had to the sugar substitute, and in spite of my warnings and graphic descriptions, she decided to take her chances and take them off my hands.

Silly woman. All of the same for her, and a phone call from her while on the toilet (because you kinda end up living in the bathroom for a spell) telling me she really wished she would have listened. I think she was crying.

Her sister was skeptical and suspected that we were exaggerating. She took them to work, since there was still 99% of a 5 pound bag left. She works for a construction company, where there are builders, roofers, house painters, landscapers, etc. Lots of people who generally have limited access to toilets on a given day. I can't imagine where all of those poor men (and women) pooped that day. I keep envisioning men on roofs, crossing their legs and trying to decide if they can make it down the ladder, or if they should just jump.

If you order these, best of luck to you. And please, don't post a video review during the aftershocks.

PS: When I ordered these, the warnings and disclaimers and legalese were NOT posted. I'm not a moron. Also, not sure why so many people assume I'm a man. I am a woman. We poop too. Of course, our poop sparkles and smells like a walk in a meadow of wildflowers. Thanks for all the great comments. I've been enjoying reading them and so glad that the horror show I experienced from snacking on these has at least made some people smile.

Charmingly Miserable
04-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Tell me more about it!!!! I haven't heard any of the sort.
Pillfred I'll be your lady friend. lol

Ryan
04-30-2014, 10:39 PM

Could you enlarged liver be blocking the path to your ass hole and the poo is trapped along the way, therefore only coming out in morsels?

(p.s. I love this convo!)

Charmingly Miserable
04-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Could you enlarged liver be blocking the path to your ass hole and the poo is trapped along the way, therefore only coming out in morsels?

(p.s. I love this convo!)
Good question. I don't think it is. In fact, I'm not sure it's related, although I think it might be. I tried to get a referral to an acupuncturist to treat my liver and chronic constipation, but to no avail. Fucking HMO.

Ryan
04-30-2014, 10:46 PM
lol.

*hands you a beer*

Charmingly Miserable
04-30-2014, 11:10 PM
^Darling, I don't drink beer. But if I do, it better be a Stella!!!!

icklekitty
05-01-2014, 03:59 AM
People who don't know how to post on topic or in the right thread. i.e. the entire Internet outside of this forum.

Sarah K
05-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Tell me more about it!!!! I haven't heard any of the sort.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623005&sr=8-1&keywords=sugarless+gummy+bears

That one was posted above, but is the best one...

Charmingly Miserable
05-01-2014, 12:02 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389623005&sr=8-1&keywords=sugarless+gummy+bears

That one was posted above, but is the best one...

Holy shit! (Haha) For $142, I'd better be shitting. Do you think any sugar free candy will work? If so, I'll just go to Walmart and grab whatever.

Sarah K
05-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Yes... It seems to be a common side effect of any sugar free candy. Those reviews are just hilarious. But you can google for other examples. Don't test it out on a work day. But please livetweet the experiment.

allegro
05-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Holy shit! (Haha) For $142, I'd better be shitting. Do you think any sugar free candy will work? If so, I'll just go to Walmart and grab whatever.

You must be an Amazon newb. There are smaller packages on there.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM/ref=pd_sim_gro_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VMTD38M44AZSY30VXCA

Yes... It seems to be a common side effect of any sugar free candy. Those reviews are just hilarious. But you can google for other examples. Don't test it out on a work day. But please livetweet the experiment.
I've tried other sugar free candy and that never happened. I assumed it was some kind of weird Japanese import sugar substitute (Haribo is from Japan).

edit: The ingredient list of Haribo Sugar Free bears includes Lycasin syrup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycasin

aggroculture
05-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Myspace. Bands still use this shitty dumb site that never works. Unbelievable.

Jinsai
05-01-2014, 11:08 PM
so, a conservative relative of mine just posted this horseshit on Facebook (http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/25782-white-privilege-in-its-full-glory), and while I sat there for a while resisting the urge to say anything about how clueless, arrogant, ignorant, and just lame it is... fuck that. Sometimes you can't just sit by and let someone smugly celebrate how much they miss the point.

Charmingly Miserable
05-01-2014, 11:15 PM

You must be an Amazon newb. There are smaller packages on there.

http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM/ref=pd_sim_gro_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VMTD38M44AZSY30VXCA

I've tried other sugar free candy and that never happened. I assumed it was some kind of weird Japanese import sugar substitute (Haribo is from Japan).

edit: The ingredient list of Haribo Sugar Free bears includes Lycasin syrup: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycasin
Omg. I read the reviews. If I could shit, I would shit myself laughing. I wonder how much of this is true. I am gonna fucking do it and will report every second of it. Believe me when I tell you this!!!!

Sarah K
05-01-2014, 11:19 PM
People still using the word "epic".

Get out.

aggroculture
05-01-2014, 11:21 PM
so, a conservative relative of mine just posted this horseshit on Facebook (http://chicksontheright.com/posts/item/25782-white-privilege-in-its-full-glory)

He forgot to check his douchetude.

Also: maybe we need a "shitting thread."

Sarah K
Omg. I read the reviews. If I could shit, I would shit myself laughing. I wonder how much of this is true. I am gonna fucking do it and will report every second of it. Believe me when I tell you this!!!!

Yessssss! Lol. I've been trying to get someone to live report this for quite some time!

Jinsai
Vice hired Peter Pan to write an article about the sugar free gummy bears... http://www.vice.com/read/sugarless-gummy-bears-are-not-safe-for-humans

Charmingly Miserable
05-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Yessssss! Lol. I've been trying to get someone to live report this for quite some time!
I'm wondering if I should live stream this experiment...... or not.

Sarah K
05-01-2014, 11:33 PM
I would vote for yes.

WHEN ARE YOU GONNA DO IT

And it should absolutely get a separate thread. This is gonna be awesome.

Charmingly Miserable
05-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I would vote for yes.

WHEN ARE YOU GONNA DO IT

And it should absolutely get a separate thread. This is gonna be awesome.
Well, by miracles of all miracles, I did take a dump today (thanks, Starbucks). So, let me accumulate a few days worth of shits and I'll let you guys know.

rhet
05-02-2014, 06:12 AM
filling out a form online for a background check and after i marked married, it forced me to enter a maiden name even though i never changed my name. fuck you.

Fixer808
05-02-2014, 06:28 AM
maybe we need a "shitting thread."

There IS a "Favorite Poop Color" option in the profile settings... I went with 'loam'.

Halo Infinity
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
People still using the word "epic".

Get out.
I just couldn't help but become reminded about this article from Maddox (http://maddox.xmission.com/) when you said that. You'd probably like it. :)

http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

Dra508
05-02-2014, 05:16 PM
filling out a form online for a background check and after i marked married, it forced me to enter a maiden name even though i never changed my name. fuck you.Did you just write the same last name?

rhet
05-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Did you just write the same last name?

Yeah I couldn't figure out anything better to do. It also forced me to choose mrs instead of my normal ms. It seems really stupid but it really pissed me off to have that built into the system.

Dra508
05-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Yeah I couldn't figure out anything better to do. It also forced me to choose mrs instead of my normal ms. It seems really stupid but it really pissed me off to have that built into the system.THAT's bullshit. I always said my mother in law was the MRS, I was the MS. Of course she got married in the 1950's when women would take the man's entire name i.e. Mrs. John Smith. Fuck that noise.

Jinsai
05-03-2014, 05:39 AM
so... arguing with my cousin about whether white privilege is a real thing(I say it is, because I'm not fucking insane) on Facebook has brought me down a horrific conservative rabbit hole of isolationist self congratulation... my (least) favorite bit so far:

"No. it's that grievance-mongering is a never-ending death spiral, sucking the lifeblood from this vibrant land. Mistakes made in the past by our countrymen, no doubt, lots and many of tragic and biblical proportions. But look around the world, fool, and cast your glance at the vast scope of human history. Tell me when such has not been the long sad tale of man. You and your ilk are riven with self-hate, like this "CO2-is-poison" fallacy. I want none of it. G-d Bless America. We shall certainly overcome you and your nihilistic fellow-cultists."

First off, "G-d"? FUCK you, and your "G-d." Who thinks like this, let alone thinks that America is especially blessed by some god.
I'm resisting the urge to register on this site just so I can tell these people to fuck off, and I just have to keep telling myself that it's a bad idea. But nihilism? No, this earth is going to die at some point, no perfect creator made it, and just because you can't deal with that fact... fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you

But oh yeah. The Co2 "fallacy." derp a derby dooooo. Just..... fuck.

Fixer808
05-03-2014, 06:05 AM
I REALLY want to stuff your cousin into a bag of bats and throw the bag in a river.

thelastdisciple
05-03-2014, 01:12 PM
Snow.........on fucking May 3rd.

jessamineny
05-03-2014, 01:43 PM

My first year here, it snowed on Mother's Day. I almost packed up.

Jinsai
05-03-2014, 02:02 PM
I REALLY want to stuff your cousin into a bag of bats and throw the bag in a river.

to be fair, he directly didn't say that.. it's just a gem from one of the sites he's been linking to.

Charmingly Miserable
05-03-2014, 03:39 PM
I live in the desert and have no idea what that is. But I'm gonna take that as a bad thing..... lol

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-03-2014, 08:38 PM
NOT FAIR TO THE BATS.

I mean, really. I've never been pissed off at some bat's politics.

playwithfire
05-03-2014, 10:58 PM
The amount of women/bigoted assholes who think it's cool to have a problem with dating a bisexual dude. Congratulations, you're a bigot.

Jinsai
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
I know this is a really "little thing," but I've been seeing these posters everywhere, and the tagline is just dumb.

http://newimages.bwwstatic.com/upload10/735841/normalheartjulia.jpg

I don't really know what this movie is about, maybe it's great. Still, this poster with this wtf tagline is all over the place. It's one thing for movies to try to come up with some "meaningful" or "powerful" statement, and yeah it's usually stupid... but this? "To win a war you have to start one!"

No... You don't. Someone else could start a war with you, and you can win it. This isn't thought-provoking, it's just dumb. Who the hell came up with this moronic nonsense tagline? It's about as deep as "If you want to eat ice cream, you have to use a fork."

Sarah K
05-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Not having a detachable/handheld shower head. :(

Swykk
05-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Plus, Julia Roberts. She's awful. Awesome people prefer Eric Roberts :)

aggroculture
05-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Male college students are fucking animals when it comes to keeping a restroom in acceptable condition. Ugh I hate you.

Also, who the fuck flushes whilst sitting on the can?

Fixer808
05-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Trying to decide what to do when it's too cold for a light jacket and too warm for a medium jacket. Lousy May...

Charmingly Miserable
05-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Not having a detachable/handheld shower head. :(
Tell me about it. That was my sole source of pleasure for a while.

Sarah K
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Lol. I have a Hitachi. A showerhead probably wouldn't do anything for me at this point.

I just uhhh... like being able to spray it where I want(there is no non-dirty way to express this).

Plus, YOU HAVE HANDS.

Ryan
05-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Some horny ass women on this forum.

Charmingly Miserable
05-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Dude, blame the hormones!!!!! lol

Sarah K
05-05-2014, 10:32 PM
Now I feel like I need to try masturbating with a shower head. I don't believe that I've ever tried. Maybe I'm missing out on some good shit.

Men don't hold the market on being horny.

ibanez33
05-05-2014, 10:35 PM

thought I was in the Fucking thread for a minute

Sarah K
05-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Sorry

BLAME MY PERIOD

Ryan
05-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Period is almost an anagram for "poo ride", minus one 'o'.

...don't know why I noticed and/or said that.

AgentofChaos
05-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Trying to decide what to do when it's too cold for a light jacket and too warm for a medium jacket. Lousy May...

I think you mean Smarch.

http://alligatorwine.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/php7d.jpg

Fixer808
05-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Heh... I was going to go with Smarch but didn't expect the reference to be gotten...

ibanez33
05-06-2014, 12:51 AM
Heh... I was going to go with Smarch but didn't expect the reference to be gotten...

http://i.imgur.com/KekTOOX.png

Halo Infinity
05-07-2014, 02:25 PM
The following minor annoyances I get from video games seems timeless to me.

Water levels.
Horrible swimming and flying controls.
Slow controls with bad turns.
Having to die in one hit.
Being timed while having to rush with far too many things to put up with.
Getting lost. (Thank goodness for YouTube.)
Forgetting things. (Thank goodness for YouTube, again.)
No save points, having to fill in a password, or needing a memory card, or lacking space on a memory card. (I think I've actually mentioned this particular nuisance last year.)

I still feel the same exact way about them now as I did when I was a child. It doesn't stop me from enjoying video games altogether, but it's still very frustrating and irritating sometimes.

miss k bee
05-07-2014, 05:38 PM
Just spent almost all day completing an assessment for a job. Took fucking ages and had on use online Excel!!. All the plans for my night off gone. If I don't at least get an interview for this job I will explode!!!! :mad: grr.

Sarah K
05-07-2014, 05:49 PM
http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/555-Flaming-Lips/page2

eversonpoe
05-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I once dated a girl who got off on me watching her masturbate with a detachable shower head.

That shit was awesome. Few things are as arousing as that.

you do know you just posted this in the wrong thread, right ;)

Sarah K
05-08-2014, 08:44 AM
Nah... I posted that I hated not having a detachable showerhead, and it escalated from there. Haha.

blackholesun
05-08-2014, 07:02 PM
My car is dead. Hooray!

Sarah K
05-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey, now.

It wasn't my fault this time.

Charmingly Miserable
05-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Blame me!!!!

Sarah K
05-08-2014, 08:52 PM
I always get blamed for everything!

Pillfred
05-09-2014, 02:39 PM
@Pillfred (http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/member.php?u=393) I'll be your lady friend. lol

Okay! I must tell you i have a work girlfriend or so people at work say. Now perhaps i can has an internet lady friend as well. If I ever get an actual girlfriend I hope she can deal with it. ;)

Charmingly Miserable
05-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Okay! I must tell you i have a work girlfriend or so people at work say. Now perhaps i can has an internet lady friend as well. If I ever get an actual girlfriend I hope she can deal with it. ;)

Haha!!!! Deal!

Baphomette
05-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Transcribing interviews conducted in a loud restaurant w/90 yr old men who mumble and have a Louisianan accent. Never again. I don't care how much it pays.

Jinsai
05-09-2014, 11:26 PM
so, I've been going to this audio engineering school, and while it's been really great for the most part, there's some little things that bug me.

Today, this class is showing us FX in Pro Tools, and they bring up Audio Suite (which essentially prints the effect onto the track). A student raised his hand and asked "Is there anything like that in Logic?" The instructor basically replies by saying "Logic, pfffffffff.... This is one of the many things that Pro Tools excels at, and Logic can't do it."

Maybe I'm just getting tired of this "Logic sucks!" attitude that people are slinging around, but I raised my hand and said "well, in Logic you can freeze tracks." This is in addition to the ability to bounce-in-place, and the sample editor panel, which basically works around a lot of the pitching/timing functions of audio suite.

The guy gives me this exhausted "you dumb fuck" look, and then says "Yes... you can freeze tracks in Logic, but since that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about, let's move on."

Ummmmmm... It's pretty much the exact same thing, and the equivalent feature in Logic! How does that have "absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about?" It's the answer to the guy's question! Maybe in the future you should take a less arrogant approach and just admit "I don't really know much about Logic," instead of being a condescending dick about it.

To make it more irritating, he ends each tutorial segment by asking "any questions about that?" I got a snarky combative response to a question I asked, and another student did too... so are you surprised when nobody asks you a fucking question? So as the lecture rolls along, he starts giving this "humph, Ok, I guess you guys know everything" eye roll look when nobody asks a question.

Irritating as hell.

allegro
05-09-2014, 11:37 PM
I have college prof friends who would explain that the REASON for that is because there is a syllabus, a set time schedule, and any diversions take the entire program off track; if you guys wanted to discuss it after class it'd probably be cool, but in the midst of the set program / lecture for that day, you might not get through all the points you had to get through if you dwelled on an off-point diversion too long. And yeah some profs hate that people don't "get" that. And some teachers are just dicks.

Jinsai
05-09-2014, 11:45 PM
I understand time limitations and urgency when giving a lecture, but my contribution to that was basically a couple seconds where I answered the guy's question. The teacher's attitude was completely out of line. We didn't need to take a detour where we explain how to use the freeze function in Logic, I can easily show the guy how to do it after class.

Maybe what bothers me more is the misinformation. If the student had just accepted the answer given by the teacher, he'd be walking away with some new and completely wrong information.

allegro
05-09-2014, 11:50 PM
I know, I hear you. But you're right, after class. College is how you play the game. A very expensive game. If the student wanted to know about Logic, he was obviously in the wrong class.

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 12:00 AM
I know, I hear you. But you're right, after class. College is how you play the game. A very expensive game. If the student wanted to know about Logic, he was obviously in the wrong class.

Well, to be fair, the class was more centered around the use of plugin effects in general. Pro Tools was just the application the guy was running for the demonstration. It definitely pertained to the discussion at hand. They aren't exclusively teaching us one production software environment, though some times it feels that way when instructors bash other programs they aren't familiar with.

allegro
05-10-2014, 12:05 AM
That's another problem with college: they only teach the stuff for which they receive a giant discount. If this guy is SUPPOSED to be ALSO teaching you Logic, that's another story. Maybe you guys should take it up with him.

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 12:09 AM
If this guy is SUPPOSED to be ALSO teaching you Logic, that's another story. Maybe you guys should take it up with him.

Well, as part of our tuition, we effectively purchased Logic, and we've had more classes dedicated to it so far than Pro Tools... I totally hear what you're saying though.

aggroculture
05-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Is this guy an adjunct? Just curious about that.

allegro
05-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Maybe he just hates Logic

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 12:13 AM
he's a permanent employee there, but not one of the main instructors that we get. This was our first lecture with him. Usually he's grading student projects, giving skills tests on gear, etc.

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 12:17 AM

That's probably true! Still, I've been running into people there who will quickly bash Logic, especially while declaring Pro Tools infinitely superior... and then they'll throw a criticism at Logic that is just not true. People are forgetting that up until relatively recently, Pro Tools couldn't even compete with basic MIDI functionality with its competing DAWs...

I just realized I've gone into full on dork mode. Time for a break.

allegro
05-10-2014, 12:20 AM
Are these instructors "in the business" or just in academia?

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Are these instructors "in the business" or just in academia?

Some of them... pretty sure this guy is just employed with the school. Which would explain some of the problem with his extensive understanding of various programs, but it doesn't excuse his shitty attitude.

rhet
05-10-2014, 01:51 PM
i hate how emotional being tired and sleep deprived makes me. waaaah.

Dra508
05-10-2014, 04:12 PM

Or doesn't know it as well as ProTools and doesn't want to admit it in front of the class.

Big Fat Matt
05-10-2014, 06:08 PM
Waking up with a sinus headache. this is no bueno.

aggroculture
05-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Needing to pee more than I would like.
A little thing that *pisses me off.

Jinsai
05-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Youtube comment from some ass hat for Werner Herzog's documentary about the perils of texting and driving:

"I just drove 50 minutes in my car to take an exam and I studied written materials the whole way there. And it was raining. And I even got off a few texts. And I ate dinner. How did I accomplish this amazing feat???? I know how to drive...
You may insist that driving requires full attention, but there are people who can and do drive completely black out drunk. There are people who drive successfully that are so high they are practically in a coma. And then there are people who drive while putting on makeup or changing clothes or whatever else. It doesn't take full attention, and I'm tired of people saying that it does...
Morons are the problem. But I'm not the moron you're looking for. I just drove 30 miles today with my knees only while I ate sushi, with chopsticks. If that were, de facto, so dangerous, as you insist, why is it that I've never gotten in a collision?"

ibanez33
05-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Youtube comment

Why would you subject yourself to something like that?

Pillfred
05-11-2014, 04:10 PM
Bought a pair of cheap Converse at target 3 weeks ago, the soles are already blow out and almost gone i give them two more weeks tops before i am walking on my socks. I knew they wouldn't last long but still that is pretty ridiculous.

playwithfire
05-12-2014, 06:17 AM
The shenanigans and ridiculousness of trying to get a damn plumber over to my office to fix the drain issue one (and thank fuck it's only one, we all eat lunch together and plaaaaates and that's my responsibility to deal with) of our dishwashers is having. I first called on WEDNESDAY. Then I was out sick until Friday, then someone gets there Friday, say that have to take down my info and get an estimate and it'll be 20-40 minutes, and then nothing happens for the rest of the day in spite of me calling multiple times about it. I'm just going to annoy them until I get this crap fixed. They could at least string me along and give me an illusion that something was happening. :/

Halo Infinity
05-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Being messy still irritates me. I'll admit that I sometimes slip up from either being too busy, or too lazy, but I also still can't imagine living that way for years on end. Seeing Hoarders on YouTube has also quickly reminded me why I should never ever get too lazy to organize and clean up. It's not only inconvenient and annoying, but dangerous as well.

Sarah K
05-12-2014, 02:22 PM
That goes beyond lazy and goes into "Severe mental health disorder", though.

Halo Infinity
05-12-2014, 02:29 PM
That's true, but it still scared me straight nonetheless. Sorry about forgetting to consider that though, as I also had The Opie & Anthony Show in mind when I wrote that.

implanted_microchip
05-12-2014, 07:49 PM
How much of a fucking chore the last bite of a green apple is

ophelia_
05-12-2014, 09:34 PM
I have an irrational amount of anger reserved for people who can't put things in envelopes properly.

nothing8
05-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Only a small annoyance that I can live with, but I left my iPod at work. Meaning the train ride home tonight and back to work again tomorrow is going to take a lot longer than usual.

wizfan
05-14-2014, 11:24 AM
My laptop's H key gets randomly stuck. I want to break it.

allegro
05-14-2014, 11:36 AM
My laptop's H key gets randomly stuck. I want to break it.
Can't you remove the key and look under it and see what's sticking it?

Halo Infinity
05-14-2014, 02:24 PM
Having very messed up sleeping patterns. I really should start taking care of everything way before 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM no matter how small it is.

And this other one seems to be more of a big thing, but I couldn't help but notice how much it bothered me. When people tell me how wrong retaliation is, yet have no problems with instigation whatsoever, while actually condoning it.

wizfan
05-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Can't you remove the key and look under it and see what's sticking it?

Yeah, I fixed it now! I'm so happy, I want to press it a million times. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

eversonpoe
05-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I fixed it now! I'm so happy, I want to press it a million times. hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

how do we know you didn't just press it once and hold it? hmmmmmmmmmm? (i actually pressed the m key over and over when i did that and i really don't know why...)

wizfan
05-14-2014, 04:32 PM
how do we know you didn't just press it once and hold it? hmmmmmmmmmm? (i actually pressed the m key over and over when i did that and i really don't know why...)

You'll just ave to trust me. O SIT IT STUCK AGAIN

Halo Infinity
05-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Being rushed in a conversation to the point where I'm not even allowed to take a few seconds to silence to think things through, and then getting accused for not listening and not paying attention just because I'd can't and won't always respond instantaneously. This is either from somebody's impatience, or being forced to rush for other reasons. If it's not frustrating, it's also awkward.

Being told to drop it, forget about it, and it's fine when it really isn't has also gotten under my skin. Those types of interactions have never ended well for me, and I hate having to take hints. (So you could also say that having to take hints in general is a little thing that also pisses me off a lot. I'd rather put up with direct comments.)

It's even worse and awkward when people act as if nothing happened after a big fight, although, I could still understand and accept how that prevents more fights from happening as an effective, yet incredibly subtle form of peacemaking. Don't get me wrong though, as I've gotten to realize that a lot more now than I've used to. :p

Sarah K
05-15-2014, 05:47 PM
Self-centered people.

I mean, everyone is selfish to an extent. You have to be. But like the people who are constantly whining about EVERYTHING. Always wanting advice and wanting someone to listen to their problems, but never offer the same in return. Never a "How was your day?", "How are things going for you?". And if you mention something about your life, they STILL find a way to turn the conversation to them and their problems.

It's fucking emotionally exhausting.

Space Suicide
05-15-2014, 10:56 PM
I wonder how all these people pass their car inspections when their turning signals never work. No one uses the fucking things, I guess I need to become a mind reader.

Jinsai
05-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Speaking of self centered people, fuck this guy (http://www.buzzfeed.com/abagg/this-guy-tried-to-throw-a-birthday-party-at-the-chilis-to-go)

I get it, I get it. He's being facetious! He's making a "joke" that's supposed to say... something. But really, he just reminds me of every self absorbed, pretentious, but insufferably uncreative "artist" I've met.

Dear guy with the punch-me-face,

You're mistaking your "quirky, flamboyant, obnoxious extrovert bullshit" with actual creativity and cleverness. Every time a moron on Buzzfeed calls you a 'borderline genius,' or compares you to Andy Kaufman, the world becomes a worse place. You're a painfully unfunny person.

the duder
05-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Pulling all nighters to plan for lessons I have to teach tomorrow a.m. at 7:43. What's worse is that the kids only have 2 1/2 more weeks with me, and they are itching to G.T.F.O. of school. Trying to keep it engaging and interesting for them, and for me, but its a lot of work for a mostly apathetic response.

Sarah K
05-16-2014, 09:38 AM
People who view abortion as a black and white issue, without acknowledging the huge, huge, HUGE middle ground.

Hell, people who view MOST politics in this light. It's maddening.

implanted_microchip
05-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I stubbed my toe on something metal yesterday and it cut off skin on my pinkie toe. There's nothing more frustrating than trying to put on socks when you've got a band-aid wrapped around a toe.

Dra508
05-16-2014, 02:43 PM
People who view abortion as a black and white issue, without acknowledging the huge, huge, HUGE middle ground.

What middle ground? You're either pro-life or pro-choice. Am I missing something?

jmtd
05-16-2014, 02:45 PM
My cat has eaten tin foil and is now a guest at kitty cat hospital

Sarah K
05-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Pro-Life people who ignore other facts such as the health of the mother, the finances of the mother, people free of religion etc.

Pro-Choice people who ignore the fact that it is OKAY for people to let their religion guide them for their personal beliefs.

I mean, I'm pretty anti-religion. It just leads to so much bullshit. But I don't have an issue with others who choose it for themselves.

Dra508
05-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Pro-Life people who ignore other facts such as the health of the mother, the finances of the mother, people free of religion etc.For them, it's a very very black and white issue. They truly believe they are protecting the life of the unborn who can not protect themselves. I've had this conversation with my boyfriend who's family is very pro-life. There is no middle ground.

Pro-Choice people who ignore the fact that it is OKAY for people to let their religion guide them for their personal beliefs.Same thing, but I found some of the folks in this corner are very arrogant and belittling to people who are religious.

I mean, I'm pretty anti-religion. It just leads to so much bullshit. But I don't have an issue with others who choose it for themselves.Funny, your last statement is what I got called out for when talking to a pro-life person about abortion. I said "I personally would avoid having abortion, but I believe woman should have the power to choose it for themselves.' Pro-lifers jump all over this position probably because they view it as a cop out or maybe a potential to convince you to choose to be one or the other. Maybe they think you'd choose pro-life over anti-life or however they spin it. I'm still with: the tooth paste is out of the tube, no take backs, and if you did women would starting dying from botched illegal abortions.

I understand your irritation, I've been there.

halloween
05-16-2014, 09:28 PM

Hell, people who view MOST politics in this light. It's maddening.

You may be interested in this book (http://www.amazon.com/Amusing-Ourselves-Death-Discourse-Business/dp/014303653X). It's not about abortion per se, but the influence of tv on...well it says there in the title. At the point the book was written it was a sort of theory since they was in the beginning of TV culture, but now years later we can see the guy was spot on. It's a short little book, I need to see if someone has taken it to a new level now that we have a culture thoroughly imbued in media, now with the internet. As I read the book, I kept thinking "The internet gives us hope". But of course only if we continue with our net neutrality ways.

Halo Infinity
05-17-2014, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't say that it actually pisses me off altogether, but it still bothers me a little bit when I'm looking up forums, and then end up seeing TV shows & movies, music, and video games combined into one section. I'm always thankful that ETS, NIN.com, and PM never did that. ETS also really does seem to be among the ideal setups for message boards.

Sarah K
05-17-2014, 09:43 PM
I've lost 130 pounds. My ass is exactly the same size as when I started, I'm fairly certain.

I gave in and bought new pants today. Took a picture to send my friend because HOW CAN THIS BE REAL

Fixer808
05-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Perhaps, but congrats on the weight loss!

aggroculture
05-18-2014, 08:13 AM
When someone hogs the bathroom in the morning and I need to take a shit.
Not having two bathrooms.
Hurry up damnit!

Swykk
05-18-2014, 05:55 PM
For likely the next two weeks, work will be a stressful hellish waste. And most times I like my job so "How's that unlike any other time?" answers won't work...
Hulk-like rage/Panic attack city coming right up!

implanted_microchip
05-19-2014, 01:28 AM
When I can't stay asleep

Sarah K
05-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Had a migraine since Friday.
Broke down and took medication tonight.
WIDE THE FUCK AWAKE DUE TO CAFFEINE IN MEDICATION

FFFUUU~

Halo Infinity
05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
I've certainly been there so many times, and I also know that feeling all too well. There's so many things, both big and small, that I wish I could take back in general from time to time, but I suppose that's also just a part of experiencing life and learning from it. If only obtaining foresight was just as easy as obtaining hindsight.

ibanez33
05-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Broke my phone on the weekend and can't afford a new one for 3 weeks because my next pay cheque is going almost entirely to rent. Dammit.

blackholesun
05-20-2014, 12:52 PM
My car died on me the other night and I can't afford a new one for at least 2 months. My commute to work is only 10 miles, so I've been biking. But it is inconvenient when I need to go to the store or want to visit with friends or my girlfriend. At least I'll get in shape.

jessamineny
05-20-2014, 01:31 PM
The ignition lock cylinder is about to go bad on mine, and I'm afraid to drive it anywhere for fear it will fail when I'm away from my house. So I ordered a new one off eBay. Looked to be a repair I could actually do myself.

While I was going in and out of the house looking for a wrench that would fit the two bolts at the bottom of the panel below the steering column, the lock on the car door went bad. I can't open the door from the outside or the inside. Fuck. My. Life.

Looks like something fell off inside the door panel, which can't be removed while the door is closed. They'll probably have to cut through the panel. I obviously don't have the money for this, since I was going to replace my own ignition lock cylinder. (It's also a leather interior car.) Goddmanitall.

heavenly_bearded
05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
My daughter and her sister (not mine) were both taken from their mother for child abuse and neglect and placed with me. The part that pisses me off is that my wife and I were planning to make another baby this summer. Now this is no longer an option for us. People who can not take care of their kids properly should not have them. Now I spend the rest of the week going through the necessary steps to get my foster parenting license. I love these kids and will do whatever I can to make them comfortable with this transition but with my son turning 2 I was really looking forward to having another.

icecream
05-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Broke my phone on the weekend and can't afford a new one for 3 weeks because my next pay cheque is going almost entirely to rent. Dammit.
Fucking Vancouver rent, man!

Fixer808
05-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Fucking Vancouver rent, man!
Seriously, this city is ridiculous. I pay $650 a month for a one-bedroom closet in East Van.

Sarah K
05-20-2014, 10:22 PM
$650 for an entire apartment?

SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN

Fixer808
05-20-2014, 10:55 PM
It's half the ground floor in a house. The other suite is bigger and the entire house seems to be made of sound-conducting materials. If I could speak Vietnamese or Hindi I could transcribe exactly what's being said next door or shouted upstairs.

There's also a small dog outside on the next property's balcony that's been shrilly barking for 20 minutes straight. I love dogs. I am still thinking of buying a shotgun.

icecream
05-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Mine was 850 for a tiny bachelor. Plus hydro here is out of control and it's going to increase 28% over the next 5 years. Thanks, B.C Hydro....

ibanez33
05-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Shit, I pay $650 too but I've got a basement suite in Kits. I share the place with 2 other people but we all have our own decent sized bedrooms and the kitchen & living room are pretty big. Only costs a little more than the apartment I was in before but this place is like twice as big and way nicer.

Fixer808
05-21-2014, 01:02 AM
How are your orgies? Decadent?

ibanez33
05-21-2014, 02:40 AM
Exquisite.

theruiner
05-21-2014, 06:22 AM
$650 for an entire apartment?

SOUNDS LIKE HEAVENI guess I shouldn't mention that my one bedroom (with ceiling fan, walk in closet, vaulted ceiling, my own washer and dryer and fireplace) cost me $509 a month the first year I was here. Heh. Now it's up to about $540 but that's still a steal. The drawback is I live in fucking Arizona, though, so there's that.

allegro
05-21-2014, 07:49 AM
That same thing in DuPont Circle in DC will cost you, like, $2200 per month.

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Yeah... Back home, I had a loft in an old converted church. I had two bedrooms and two bathrooms for $645 a month with everything included except electricity. That is the biggest thing I miss!

I'm starting to poke around and look at studios here, because I don't really know anyone here to have a roommate. To find a studio in an area where I won't get murdered, and that isn't a 2 hour commute from work, they seem to START at about $1,200.

playwithfire
05-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah... Back home, I had a loft in an old converted church. I had two bedrooms and two bathrooms for $645 a month with everything included except electricity. That is the biggest thing I miss!

I'm starting to poke around and look at studios here, because I don't really know anyone here to have a roommate. To find a studio in an area where I won't get murdered, and that isn't a 2 hour commute from work, they seem to START at about $1,200.

Check out padmapper and the brief housing listings in nonsense nyc's weekly newsletters.

Also, jesus fucking christ at the rent you guys pay. My rent/utilities cost me about $700 a month total and I share a 2 bedroom/1 bath with my roommate and my rent is SUPER cheap for NYC.

jessamineny
05-21-2014, 09:44 AM

Have you networked for a roomie with the local kink groups? There are probably some threads on Fet, too.

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Yeah... I keep an eye out on fet. There is a whole group for NY Kink Friendly Housing. But most of the people on there are looking for shit like TOMORROW. I'm like just starting to poke around. I am still a few months out. I have awful, awful credit, so I want to have a few extra months worth of rent to put down up front to help convince someone that I'm stable enough to let move in. Haha.

There is one girl that I go to munches with that might be a possibility. But I'm not going to count on it, really. I'm going home in August to visit. I don't really want to move until I get back from that trip. So basically like three months from now.

playwithfire
05-21-2014, 10:01 AM
On the subject of kink/poly friendly housing, this is a thing. (http://www.bustle.com/articles/24999-nycs-first-polyamorous-only-apartment-is-here-and-its-nicer-than-your-place)

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah... I talked to the broker Leon on Fet. I was going to go look at it, as it isn't too far from my work... It sounds awesome. But the pricing is stupid. For $750, you get a room that basically isn't even big enough for a bed.

I work at a contracting firm, so we pulled up the plans for it before I went to go look. For a decent sized room, you're looking at $1,200... So, if I'm spending that much, I might as well live by myself in a shitty studio.

I think the concept is REALLY COOL. It's just overpriced, even for NYC. I might still go look at it just for the fuck of it, though.

playwithfire
05-21-2014, 10:25 AM
I love my roommate, but I'm getting older and I have NO PLANS to live with another person after him. I imagine we still have a few years living together, but when I look at the prices of one bedrooms HOLY SHIT THEY'RE SO EXPENSIVE.

NYC :(

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 10:33 AM
That's exactly why I don't see myself staying here for more than a few years, MAX... I don't wanna be 40 years old with roommates.

playwithfire
05-21-2014, 01:33 PM
That's exactly why I don't see myself staying here for more than a few years, MAX... I don't wanna be 40 years old with roommates.

Yeah, my plan is to just be able to afford my own place at that point. There isn't really anywhere else for me.

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I mean, my job now is decent. But it is a small business with no benefits and such. I wanna look at getting back into school within the next year. I mean, if I happen upon a wonderful job where I could live in a decent place, I'd stay. Being here really does grow on me every day now that I actually have weekends free. I just love that there is always SOMETHING awesome going on. I just don't know how viable it is in the long term for a single, uneducated person.

I just talked to the broker. Totally going to see those poly/kink friendly apartments tomorrow evening. Haha. It might be fun for a year or something.

aggroculture
05-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Pictures of dogs in my FB feed. I wish I could filter them out.

Sarah K
05-21-2014, 03:38 PM
I feel that way about pictures of children.

hobochic
05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmovFrbXTec

eversonpoe
05-21-2014, 06:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmovFrbXTec

this sketch makes a lot more sense to me now...

http://vimeo.com/channels/keypeele/39109976

Sarah K
05-22-2014, 06:23 PM
On the subject of kink/poly friendly housing, this is a thing. (http://www.bustle.com/articles/24999-nycs-first-polyamorous-only-apartment-is-here-and-its-nicer-than-your-place)

Went to check these out tonight. Apartments are rad. I was the only girl who showed up. One seemingly well adjusted man. One foreigner with a fanny pack. One guy who looked like a legit crackhead, and two of the most socially awkward dudes I have ever met in my life. One of them just asked the dumbest fucking questions you can imagine CAN I HAVE A SEWING MACHINE CAN THERE BE "FURNITURE" IN THE LIVING ROOM WILL THERE BE WIFI. They just seemed like they were 23 year olds who watched 3 BDSM porns, so now they are Masters. BUT, you do have to have 2 references from people within the community, so those types wouldn't make it through, I would hope.

Anyway, a decent sized bedroom is like $1200. So, I would rather have a shitty studio all to myself than have to have roommates.

fillow
05-23-2014, 10:34 AM
People posting on youtube "covers" in the form of playing along (be it guitar or drums) to an original version of a song. Yeah, your skill is really showing.

Jinsai
05-24-2014, 01:36 AM
ugh... I'm feeling a similar sensation to the time that I developed a kidney stone.

Big Fat Matt
05-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Social Justice Warriors that take their "craft" too far (ie: 50% of tumblr)

Look, I am all for equality in all aspects, but when you begin to attack people based on their gender/race/orientation then you are literally part of the "establishment" that you are blogging so hard to destroy. Dude, equal respect and treatment for women is awesome. Racism is abhorrent. Homophobia/transphobia/etc is a useless idea. When you decide that your minority group of people is superior to another, you are treading along lines that are reminiscent of that whole Third Reich thing that happened in germany.

Tl;DR
The way to abolish hate, and to rally people to your cause is not to hate everyone that isnt JUST like you.

icecream
05-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Conservative relatives............. ugggggggggggg

It wouldn't be so bad if conservative didn't equal racist most of the time. Looks like I ruined another dinner

jessamineny
05-25-2014, 04:51 PM
My grandmother once told me to be sure to "marry my own kind." I threatened that, at next year's Thanksgiving dinner, I was going to bring home a black, Jewish lesbian, just for the principle of it. o_0

Sarah K
05-25-2014, 04:57 PM
My grandfather farmed on the edges of an Indian Reservation. He was always talking shit about Indians. When my cousin finally adopted a baby, he was half Native American. I smiled and smiled.

I have also wanted to ask one of my non-white friends to come home with me just to troll.

icecream
05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Forgot to mention I ruined dinner because I was the one making racist comments.

Jokes. But it's really so backward that I'm the one feeling shitty from this thing. Glad to see others would have done the same.

nothing8
05-26-2014, 06:14 AM
My iPod appears to have finally died. Good old iPod touch 2nd generation. It's been with me through some very long car/bus/train rides and gotten me through many a shitty situation before.

playwithfire
05-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Ugh, OCD is terrible.

theruiner
05-26-2014, 06:08 PM
^^Isn't that the truth. Sorry you're going through it, Lyd.

aggroculture
05-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Landlord is an hour late to come caulk the sink. Of course I can't say shit.

And OCD...ugh, it's been trying to creep back lately, I hate it.

EDIT: now it's 2:30 and he has to come back because the rain dumped a ton of water on the caulking through the open window. #oneofthosedays

Joy Prevention Hotline
05-27-2014, 04:35 PM
I've had it with this fucked up world. Putting a bullet in the head of every NRA executive won't do anything about the CEO parasites and hedge fund psychopaths. Just pour gasoline on the world and light it off. I'm done.

jessamineny
05-27-2014, 05:57 PM
I gave my mailman two packages on Friday. One of them was delivered in North Carolina today. The other one hasn't even registered at the sort facility in town yet.

I have visions of it rolling out of his truck somewhere here in the hood (it was a poster tube) and a couple of kids wondering what to do with the S&M gear they found. o_O

Big Fat Matt
05-27-2014, 08:07 PM
People on Facebook being disrespectful to the mentally challenged. I may or may not need a friend purge soon....

dvdglss
05-27-2014, 08:17 PM
inherited micromanaging bosses... please bring back my old boss...

BrownEyedStatistic
05-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Whe̴n ̷food́ ̛abśǫrb̴s t̷he s̸me͜l̨l̷ ́o͞f̴ w̵hat'̀s͝ i͡n ͘th̴e f̵ridg͏e.͢ My͞ icé-cre̢am͏ ͜c͏o̧nta҉i̶ne͡r͞ ̸s̵mel̡l͝s li͡ke ̨fis̵h!̕

jmtd
05-28-2014, 09:01 AM
ZalgoText.

the duder
05-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Currently teaching/supervising a class of 25 sophomores who want nothing to do with protein synthesis complete a simulation of the process.

miss k bee
05-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Only job interview I have been offered so far is for another night job, not interested in nightshift again but still dragging self to interview tonight at a ridiculous hour.

Also this grey weather is shit, when is summer coming?

aggroculture
05-28-2014, 02:00 PM
Landlord is an hour late again, for recaulking. I can't eat until he's come and gone, and it's 3:00pm.

halloween
05-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Pictures of dogs in my FB feed. I wish I could filter them out.

This reminds me of why I like forums over fb= people go into specific topics to read about it. With fb it's a free for all just because you know a person...doesn't mean you're interested in some of the things post/talk about, especially if they aren't a very close friends.

implanted_microchip
05-28-2014, 06:54 PM
Arguments where you realize that you are wrong but so are they, and yet also then realizing that trying to say that just results in them thinking you're admitting you're wrong but telling them they're right, and realizing they're not going to admit that they're wrong, too, and so it either just keeps going fruitlessly or you end up letting them win and in turn making them think what they're doing is fine.

Arguing in general but especially ones where you just know it's useless because neither person involved is correct but you're both the kind of people that don't easily admit being wrong.

Sarah K
05-28-2014, 07:00 PM
My best friend had a biopsy on a lump in her breast today that her partner found A YEAR AGO.

halloween
05-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Oh noooo!! I'm sorry to hear that. I have a family member going through what we hope is final treatment stages of breast cancer. I wish your best friend the best of luck and send positive vibes to her body or something hippie like that.

Sarah K
05-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah. I had a lump removed when I was young... 19 or 20? But breast cancer is very prevalent in her family, so I'm worried. She is in her early thirties.

Fuck this.

Halo Infinity
05-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Arguments where you realize that you are wrong but so are they, and yet also then realizing that trying to say that just results in them thinking you're admitting you're wrong but telling them they're right, and realizing they're not going to admit that they're wrong, too, and so it either just keeps going fruitlessly or you end up letting them win and in turn making them think what they're doing is fine.

Arguing in general but especially ones where you just know it's useless because neither person involved is correct but you're both the kind of people that don't easily admit being wrong.
Among other things, this also took me so long to realize. It could've saved me a lot of trouble if I've realized this a lot sooner. I've also met people that claimed that they didn't care about being right or wrong when they actually did, or pretended to not be angry, vengeful, begrudging, resentful, and/or upset when they actually were whenever it came to arguments. I've lost count as to how many times I've witnessed that occurring, but I've certainly learned to expect it.

Sarah K
05-29-2014, 08:16 AM
People who open the emergency exits in the subway and then let 17 people enter.

You have one of the best public transportation systems in the world available to you 24/7. Pay the $2.50 or gtfo.

Charmingly Miserable
05-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Eating like a pig this whole week.

Jinsai
05-30-2014, 12:10 AM
sat in on an ASCAP "feedback" thing today. Thought, fuck it and played a song I made.

It's like they've never heard music where the vocals aren't the lead instrument. Still, dispiriting to sit there and hear a bunch of people tell you that you suck, even if it's what I was expecting.

ibanez33
05-30-2014, 01:31 AM
It's like they've never heard music where the vocals aren't the lead instrument.

Why the fuck are these people in your music school? Have they not listened to anything but top 40 since the 80s?

jessamineny
05-30-2014, 05:16 AM
sat in on an ASCAP "feedback" thing today. Thought, fuck it and played a song I made.

It's like they've never heard music where the vocals aren't the lead instrument. Still, dispiriting to sit there and hear a bunch of people tell you that you suck, even if it's what I was expecting.

You make amazing music. They can fuck right off.

eversonpoe
05-30-2014, 10:50 AM
You make amazing music. They can fuck right off.

amen, dude. i love your new album.

miss k bee
05-30-2014, 12:22 PM
Swapping bags and forgetting the headphones for my ipod!!!. Fuck no!!! Musicless journey!

Halo Infinity
05-30-2014, 11:10 PM

I'll admit that my head hurt when I read that, especially considering not only your taste, but your vast love and knowledge of music in general which would seem to run circles around them. It even got me to think to myself both holy shit, and what the fuck? Damn. And well, what ibanez33, jessamineny, and eversonpoe said. :p

Fixer808
05-30-2014, 11:16 PM
Swapping bags and forgetting the headphones for my ipod!!!. Fuck no!!! Musicless journey!
If I don't have my music and a book on the bus I come close to being a "breaking news" story.
"Local man slaughters busload of mouth-breathers, more at 11."

aggroculture
05-31-2014, 11:31 AM
The doge meme: so unfunny.
Also, its mockery of broken English is arguably racist.

playwithfire
05-31-2014, 09:56 PM
Ugh, the moments when my OCD inconveniences or annoys other people... ugh.

So, this has happened more than once (I think this is the third time) but the soap in the bathroom is really close to where my roommate puts his toothbrush. And like... it's somewhat easy to accidentally bump it. Which I did, with dirty hands after using the bathroom prior to washing them. So, my natural impulse is to just go out on my own and replace his toothbrush with a brand new identical one, but give him a heads up about it. Therefore, I'm not significantly inconveniencing him in much of a way and hey new toothbrush and yeah.

OCD or not, I personally think something like that either merits washing or replacing the toothbrush and I am SO moving the soap but...

Like, he'd had a long day and wanted to replace his toothbrush anyway so he was really tense and tired and kinda had an exasperated reaction to it and insisted on replacing it himself anyway because he wants to shop around for a new toothbrush and :( :( :(

Well, of course he falls asleep because he's exhausted so I'm gonna go grab another one for him anyway, but like... my roommate is generally really wonderful about being cool with my OCD.

Sure, I use a lot of hand soap. So I just buy the soap. Stuff like that. I try to handle my own problems.

But this shit sucks, it's exhausting, and like... I don't generally find jokes about it funny at all (doesn't happen often, but yeah) and my attempts at showing humor about it are just my way of being apologetic/brave. I don't appreciate having attention called to it and I appreciate patience.

I really don't like for it to affect other people, so I feel like I make it easy to handle.

Just :( I'm sad right now. I feel really alone and ugh. Although! Sobbing with insane amount of eye makeup I had on is pretty funny and I mean that sincerely.

And pre-emptively, please nobody suggest therapy or stuff like that to me. That has nothing to do with it sucking.

Charmingly Miserable
05-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Just :( I'm sad right now. I feel really alone and ugh. Although! Sobbing with insane amount of eye makeup I had on is pretty funny and I mean that sincerely.

Sorry about that! I'll be alone with you. :(

Halo Infinity
06-01-2014, 12:43 AM
The doge meme: so unfunny.
Also, its mockery of broken English is arguably racist.
What did you think of the Dolan meme?

It's also grating on the eyes, and I was also wondering if you felt the same way about it. :p

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/dolan

But yeah, it really was a bit annoying to have seen it being imitated on Facebook a lot.

Charmingly Miserable
06-01-2014, 02:05 PM
I haven't taken a dump since last Thursday. Ugh. Here we go again....

sick among the pure
06-01-2014, 02:57 PM
This fucking heat. I realize it's not that hot out, yet. But it's still annoyingly uncomfortable. I have a shit-ton of photos to edit, and only a laptop to do it on. And I'm in the sun. So I either pull the blinds to keep the sun off me, which cuts out all the breeze and leaves me with stale hot air, or leave them open for a breeze but also feel like I'm being slow-roasted. And fucking FORGET about walking anywhere with a fucking full-abdomen chest compression shirt under my clothes, I am just a sweating mess.
I hate the summer. I'm sorry. I can't wait till fall...

Charmingly Miserable
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
How hot does it get where you are at? I'm in SoCal and we've already hit the 100s.

Halo Infinity
06-01-2014, 04:00 PM
This fucking heat. I realize it's not that hot out, yet. But it's still annoyingly uncomfortable. I have a shit-ton of photos to edit, and only a laptop to do it on. And I'm in the sun. So I either pull the blinds to keep the sun off me, which cuts out all the breeze and leaves me with stale hot air, or leave them open for a breeze but also feel like I'm being slow-roasted. And fucking FORGET about walking anywhere with a fucking full-abdomen chest compression shirt under my clothes, I am just a sweating mess.
I hate the summer. I'm sorry. I can't wait till fall...
I never really liked the heat either. I could actually deal with most of the fall. It's quite the smack in the face when I hear people that love the heat say how cool winds in the mid 60s to the low 70s are freezing. That's what I'd call comfortable and the life as far as the weather goes.

sick among the pure
06-01-2014, 04:39 PM
How hot does it get where you are at? I'm in SoCal and we've already hit the 100s.
It's only 80. But that's already too hot for me. I also moved to Philly from further north, where we are used to snow from halloween to easter. My mom actually just started planting her gardens this weekend since they're not likely to get another heavy frost again until fall. 80 is "ok that's quite hot enough", 90 is "wtf no stop it shut up" and 100 is "are you fucking kidding, I'm sitting in my bath tub all day fuck you."
I could never live further south than I do now. I just could not survive. At least out west it's dry heat.

Sarah K
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
I hate the heat as well.

And when ophelia_ doesn't post.

ophelia_
06-01-2014, 07:37 PM
LOL! Please forgive me, how can I make it up to you?! I've been afk for about 5 days because I went on a weekend cruise and just got super drunk the whole time.

THINGS THAT PISS ME OFF - VERY EXPENSIVE INTERNET ON CRUISES.

Halo Infinity
06-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Mosquitoes and flies... they're just a given epitome for this topic.

halloween
06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Is it normal to feel complete irritation at your parents sometimes? I feel bad but being asked "So how do I plug it in?" really got to me today. Get the cord. Find the hole it can fit. Use. Your. Eyes.

eversonpoe
06-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Is it normal to feel complete irritation at your parents sometimes? I feel bad but being asked "So how do I plug it in?" really got to me today. Get the cord. Find the hole it can fit. Use. Your. Eyes.

as someone who deals with a/v and computer troubleshooting all the time, i have extreme patience for everyone BUT my parents.
my fiancee's mom called me the other day because her internet was out, and i was trying to get her to bypass the router...it took a full five minutes for her to understand which cord to unplug and which cord to plug in and it was ridiculous, but i remained calm the whole time. if it had been my mom, we would have been yelling at each other within 30 seconds.

halloween
06-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Ok, I don't feel like the worst person in history anymore then!

Halo Infinity
06-04-2014, 08:19 AM
If I don't have my music and a book on the bus I come close to being a "breaking news" story.
"Local man slaughters busload of mouth-breathers, more at 11."
As much as I can appreciate public transit, it can also drive me crazy, especially if it's too crowded, or if there's too many delays, or if the bus driver is an asshole, along with some of the other passengers. That also had to be another reason why I always listen to music on a bus or on a train.

Sarah K
06-04-2014, 09:23 AM
When I am at any type of music event, and people start yelling out songs.

Like, I'm sure the band is going to hear you screaming and be like OH YEAH LET'S DO THAT. I'm sure that has never worked in the history of time. Stop it.

fillow
06-04-2014, 10:04 AM
When you suddenly start hearing a song from the wrong beat (like after after pausing somewhere in the middle, or in a different [live/remixed] arrangement) and can't fucking unhear it back.

Does it even make sense?

sentient02970
06-04-2014, 10:35 AM

Like, I'm sure the band is going to hear you screaming and be like OH YEAH LET'S DO THAT. I'm sure that has never worked in the history of time. Stop it.
Many, including myself, will agree with you.
http://youtu.be/kA_-Y_hH0-g

Sarah K
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
I hope that someone punched him in the throat.

allegro
06-04-2014, 11:28 AM
I hope that someone punched him in the throat.

Does this mean I should stop yelling FREEBIRD during the Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts? Bummer. :(

heh, one time, I was with a friend at a bar in Chicago and some band was playing and they were kinda boring and my friend was drunk and yelled FREEBIRD and the band suddenly stopped AND PLAYED THE MOST KILLER RENDITION OF FREE BIRD EVER and it was fucking awesome and the entire bar held up lighters and these little citronella candles that were on the tables and that will never happen again ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA&feature=kp

marodi
06-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Does this mean I should stop yelling FREEBIRD during the Chicago Symphony Orchestra concerts? Bummer. :(

If you stop doing it, we won't be interweb friends anymore. :P

As for what is pissing me off: my seasonal nemesis is back: the cyclist on the sidewalk.

allegro
06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
As for what is pissing me off: my seasonal nemesis is back: the cyclist on the sidewalk.
Ugh, mine are those cyclist wearing tights who ride IN GROUPS OF TWENTY IN ONE FUCKING LANE. HEY GUYS, THAT'S ILLEGAL, YOU AIN'T A FUCKING SEMI, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO RIDE NO MORE THAN TWO ABREAST, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES. Around here, they do this on a two-lane highway, so you have to pass them in the oncoming traffic in the other lane. Our city has this big promotion telling cyclists that they have to adhere to traffic laws and there are now signs all over, but the cyclists are also blind, arrogant and/or stupid. I'd like to play BIKE POLO.

sentient02970
06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Local brewfest sold out in 11 minutes. I guess there's one glimmer that people up here know good beer.

AgentofChaos
06-04-2014, 01:34 PM
^ Sorry but I have to. Beer snobs. Ugh.

It's fucking beer. You get one veto, that's it. And that veto should be on light beer recycled piss like Coors. After that you're just an annoying prick. If you want to act like you have some kind of taste do your research and drink wine, but nobody cares about your knowledge of good beer, cause guess what, it's fucking beer. I'm not saying it's not okay to have preferences, or to support local breweries, but some of the conversations I hear people having with servers make me want to bottle some of these guys over the head. I don't know how some of the bar wenches put up with it.

"Oh so you have 20 beers on tap but you don't have this or this or this? Yeah I'll have a water because I'm not drinking any of that trash you have available"

You are doing drinking wrong. So very, very wrong.

fillow
06-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Air conditioning wars in office. It's inevitable, no matter what people I work with and who sits where.
Someone is always freezing, someone is sweating and there's always someone who has a conditioner blowing right onto his neck.

ibanez33
06-05-2014, 03:38 AM
^ Sorry but I have to. Beer snobs. Ugh.

It's fucking beer. You get one veto, that's it. And that veto should be on light beer recycled piss like Coors. After that you're just an annoying prick. If you want to act like you have some kind of taste do your research and drink wine, but nobody cares about your knowledge of good beer, cause guess what, it's fucking beer. I'm not saying it's not okay to have preferences, or to support local breweries, but some of the conversations I hear people having with servers make me want to bottle some of these guys over the head. I don't know how some of the bar wenches put up with it.

"Oh so you have 20 beers on tap but you don't have this or this or this? Yeah I'll have a water because I'm not drinking any of that trash you have available"

You are doing drinking wrong. So very, very wrong.

Once could make the exact same argument about wine, just different stokes for different folks. I know quite a few people you might call "beer snobs", and some people might even consider me one, but I've never heard someone complain about the beer list at a decent bar or restaurant before, especially to the point of not ordering one. If someone goes to a dive with a "$3 tap beer" special or something then they should know what they're getting into.

AgentofChaos
06-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Once could make the exact same argument about wine, just different stokes for different folks.

You could try to make that argument, but you'd be very, very wrong. There is a million times more nuance involved in the growing and producing of wine, the taste pallets, the ageing, the market, etc. To compare them in the slightest is to embarrass yourself. And look I'm not a wine snob, nor am I defending a lot of the pretentious bullshit that goes on in that industry, but its night and fuckin day.

Sarah K
06-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Not even my period, but the week before.

I get emotional. Not like stereotypical ARGBGHFJD upset. But like, sweet little dumb things that I see online will bring tears to my eyes. It's stupid and annoying.

Charmingly Miserable
06-05-2014, 10:40 PM
Getting a B+ in my banking class. I know, I'm a nerd.

Jinsai
06-05-2014, 10:50 PM
You could try to make that argument, but you'd be very, very wrong. There is a million times more nuance involved in the growing and producing of wine, the taste pallets, the ageing, the market, etc. To compare them in the slightest is to embarrass yourself..

*palates

Also... who gives a flying fuck about "the market?"

Halo Infinity
06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Getting a B+ in my banking class. I know, I'm a nerd.
For a moment there, I thought that this post was in "The little things that cheer you up." thread. :p

Necrodoommonkey
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Cyclists. They can all suck a fart out of my asshole. If you can't keep up with traffic, get the fuck out of the way. And people who stand in front of the coffee pots at work and bullshit while I'm trying to get fucking coffee in the fucking morning. Fucking fuck fuckers can fuck a fuckload of fucks.

Sarah K
06-05-2014, 11:10 PM
I hate the fuck out of when bike riders wanna pretend like they are cars but LOL NOT FOLLOWING ANY TRAFFIC LAWS LOLOLLL. They just do whatever the fuck they want. One nearly plowed my fat ass overt the other day as I was rightfully crossing the street. I was then left standing in the middle of the street screaming at a man who was already a block away. At this moment, I felt like a true New Yorker for the first time.

Necrodoommonkey
06-05-2014, 11:16 PM
Fucking cyclists! Every goddamn time I walk my dogs on the fucking sidewalk some cyclist fucknut comes riding toward me 3 feet away from the goddamn bike lane. Fuck that. I won't move a goddamn inch out of the way for them. Someone actually had the nerve to tell me to "share the sidewalk." How's about riding in the fucking bike lane!? Fuck!!

Fucking Eugene Fucking Oregon has got to have the world's worst cyclists.

Sarah K
06-05-2014, 11:25 PM
ALL OF THE FUCKS

fuck

Really. The worst.

fillow
06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
Ugh. Pedestrians.
I live in a prehistoric country where actual bike lanes are a rarity. But if there is one, you can be sure every 100 meters you'll meet someone dragging his ass there on foot and not fucking moving right or left when a cyclist comes.

slave2thewage
06-06-2014, 07:31 AM
The 40 year old in my course who mistakes loudly talking as having a personality.

aggroculture
06-06-2014, 07:34 AM
I am a pedestrian at heart. I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate it when the sidewalk just fucking ends and you are expected to step into the road with the cars. There is one of these right here behind the city hall. Makes me so angry every time. USA is on the whole highly anti-pedestrian.
I love that NYC is such a pedestrian-positive city.

As a relatively new driver, cyclists are annoying: they go super slow, but take up the place of a car. Also, what do bike lanes accomplish? Serious question. The road still isn't wide enough to overtake if there's traffic on the other side. I guess they are there to alert drivers that cyclists might be there and instill a culture of being careful about them?
One of my best friends was killed by a driver whilst on his bike in Brooklyn four years ago. He wasn't wearing a helmet (dumbass): the report said it probably wouldn't have saved him, but who knows.

...and I just bought a bike for the first time in five years after mine was stolen in Brooklyn, going to get a helmet today.

In Berlin cyclists ride on the sidewalk. To the pedestrian in me this is torture.

AgentofChaos
06-06-2014, 08:12 AM
*palates

Also... who gives a flying fuck about "the market?"

Ok see there's this thing, it's called supply and demand. And when you make wine, it's made from grapes which come from a seasonal crop in a specific year. And if it's a good year, when all the wine is gone, it's gone. That's all she wrote. So whoever controls the remains of said product controls the market. Thus it has a huge effect on what you can drink, what you can afford, and ultimately deciding what's worth paying for and what isn't.

Conversely, you will never hear someone say "you know what I'd be willing to pay a few hundred bucks for? A '08 Pabst Blue Ribbon. That shit was excellent". No you just go brew yourself up another batch and you're good to fucking go.

Halo Infinity
06-06-2014, 01:10 PM
The 40 year old in my course who mistakes loudly talking as having a personality.
I can certainly relate to that. Being loud in school never seemed right to me to anyway, nor did it ever come across to me as a good habit. To me, it's right up there with talking too much, being off-topic, and fooling around. Perhaps it's not as serious as those other things, but loud people usually never gelled well with me as a lot of them have actually proven themselves to be rude and inconsiderate people, and some of them are also the types of people that always seem to think that they're funny and cool. Then again, joking around in school and work seems so awkward and foreign to me. I was always taught to only speak up when it's necessary in school and work with an indoor voice. Looking back now, I still should've listened to my parents a lot more, or asked them for more advice, as I even said a lot more than I should've here sometimes too.

And to keep on topic, yes, it sometimes still annoys me, but I'm also still working on dealing with it. I actually feel far more uncomfortable than annoyed whenever I'm subjected to that type of behavior though.

Jinsai
06-06-2014, 06:20 PM
Conversely, you will never hear someone say "you know what I'd be willing to pay a few hundred bucks for? A '08 Pabst Blue Ribbon. That shit was excellent". No you just go brew yourself up another batch and you're good to fucking go.

You will never hear me say "you know what I'm willing to pay a few hundred dollars for? A drink."
Unless I'm dying of thirst, and the drink is water.

AgentofChaos
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
What your cheap and tasteless ass is or isn't willing to pay for wasn't the point of the conversation at all but thanks for coming out.

allegro
06-06-2014, 06:50 PM
What your cheap and tasteless ass is or isn't willing to pay for wasn't the point of the conversation at all but thanks for coming out.
You need to relax, dude. Jeez.

AgentofChaos
06-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh come on, I said thanks for coming out!

Jinsai
06-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Meh. At least my cheap tasteless ass can correctly spell the word "palate," which is something you might want to work on if you're going to condescendingly lecture people about your sophistication.

I know though, I'm crass, cheap, and unsophisticated, so I'll spend my money on other stuff. A heads up though, for you and your connoisseur friends: If you act fast, you can own this vintage can of rare Crystal Pepsi (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pepsi-12oz-Crystal-Cear-Cola-still-sealed-but-not-full-/191177168800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c830c17a0).

I hear it has light, tannic notes of citrus and a heady, blowsy nose that combines earthy hints of cherry blossoms with the closed aroma of Fruity Pebbles.

Fixer808
06-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Oh come on, I said thanks for coming out!

Do your research (http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/03/10-of-the-worlds-most-expensive-beers/), you insufferable ass.

Sarah K
06-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Trolls gonna troll.

AgentofChaos
06-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Haw haw K see the thing is if you read the whole thing I wasn't even trolling (and I can troll pretty well when I apply myself if I do say so myself). Nor was I saying to Jinsai that I'm one of the people who spend that kind of coin on wine and was trying to brag about that or something. I'm far too broke for that, and while I have tried some expensive wine and see some value in it, I don't think I'd ever do it on my own dime even if I had the money. Either way my spending habits, and yours, are completely irrelevant to the discussion that originated. But yes go ahead critique a spelling mistake, or provide a list of a handful of beers that cost more than your average pint, instead of just admitting YOU were the one that make the first ignorant post to start this whole thing off, and that you were a dick to do so. You were fucking trolling there sir, not I, it just so happens there is a gang of mindless cronies around these parts who piss their pants at the first sign of any kind of argument not dressed in a thousand gallons of fluff, to the point where I immediately become the bad guy, and it doesn't matter what I'm saying since you don't like the way I'm saying it, because you know, ets has to be this conflict free puppy dog zone of weird internet love. Sorry! Fuck sakes.

Fixer808
06-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Glad I read that, now I recall why I blocked you...

AgentofChaos
06-06-2014, 11:28 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/31/31c68e34725476672cbfdc1b79ccf60899370fb3d5ccd65f24 a2323a781bc973.jpg

Jinsai
06-07-2014, 12:29 AM
far too broke for that, and while I have tried some expensive wine and see some value in it, I don't think I'd ever do it on my own dime even if I had the money.

You cheap, unsophisticated fuck.

But yes go ahead critique a spelling mistake

It's more the context that makes it funny. Now that it's been explained, it's less funny. Thanks.

or provide a list of a handful of beers that cost more than your average pint, instead of just admitting YOU were the one that make the first ignorant post to start this whole thing off, and that you were a dick to do so. You were fucking trolling there sir, not I

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcTavb_8JsXxBmo7HPlK56VXWesy1u4 _u3dGN3CADhlTxwLeZv-A

and it doesn't matter what I'm saying since you don't like the way I'm saying it, because you know, ets has to be this conflict free puppy dog zone of weird internet love. Sorry! Fuck sakes.

You're a brave badass.

elevenism
06-07-2014, 01:09 AM

the worst example of this was when i saw page and plant in 98 and everyone screamed "STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!" the ENTIRE time.
(hint: they weren't going to play stairway to heaven...not when people screamed it...not at all.

Elke
06-07-2014, 05:41 AM
I know this is a really "little thing," but I've been seeing these posters everywhere, and the tagline is just dumb. I don't really know what this movie is about, maybe it's great.

I'm sure someone else replied to this already because I'm so late to the party, but this is one of the times when you might have wanted to use the powers of teh interwebz before you posted. The Normal Heart is based on a play, and it deals with the onset of the AIDS advocacy. The tagline is actually painfully correct: the U.S. needed a war on HIV, but Reagan was happily ignoring the gay disease. So in order to conquer HIV, AIDS activists needed to start a war with the US government and the public opinion.

Sadly, because it actually happened and it ended up killing real people, it's an accurate tagline.

ibanez33
06-07-2014, 09:49 AM
I'm sure someone else replied to this already because I'm so late to the party, but this is one of the times when you might have wanted to use the powers of teh interwebz before you posted. The Normal Heart is based on a play, and it deals with the onset of the AIDS advocacy. The tagline is actually painfully correct: the U.S. needed a war on HIV, but Reagan was happily ignoring the gay disease. So in order to conquer HIV, AIDS activists needed to start a war with the US government and the public opinion.

Sadly, because it actually happened and it ended up killing real people, it's an accurate tagline.

It's still a pretty stupid tagline. Even just a simple change like "To win the war, they had to start it" would have made a bit of sense and grabbed my interest enough to, at the very least, look up what it was about instead of writing it off immediately.

Elke
06-07-2014, 11:56 AM
I disagree, but maybe that's because I'm not a native English speaker, I don't know.